Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 5 (Feb 04/13 - Feb 10/13)

Whoops- I stayed out past my bedtime & overindulged at a superbowl party. Will try to do results sometime tomorrow!

We got the kids out walking and played some frisbee golf while the sun was shining before hearing to a friend's house to watch the superbowl.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Here's to week 5!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Well, I didn't have a big loss this week...but it was still a loss!

I have big plans for this week...I'm going to try and hit the gym everyday this week or at least get in a workout everyday this week! I am also not going to go to Tim Horton's as much either! Geez, I love that place! Why is all the tasty food so bad for us!?

I WILL change my lifestyle!!! Slowly, I am getting there! Thank you all for being here on this most important journey!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #3  

Week 4 results: Sorry for the delay
LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Frozen Fiesta official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 8.4 lbs or 0.28%

Our Biggest Loser:
KimL1214 (-5 lbs, 1.88%)

Honourable Mentions: Changergirl (-3.6 lbs, 1.84%)

Dogpaws4ever (-5 lbs, 1.81%)

Elizabeth779 (-5 lbs, 1.75%)

Another Great Week Team!!

ArmyGirl- I hear you on Tim Hortons- I can't go near there in the morning or I will succumb to one of their breakfast biscuits. So I choose a coffee place that doesn't have good breakfast stuff

Hope everyone's Monday starts off GREAT!
Keep up the great work! GO RED
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Congrats red team! Weigh to Geaux!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #5  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Changergirl, Dogpaws4ever, Elizabeth779!!!

EofAZ~ Thanks for the advice! I like the idea that you made it about your diabetes and not just the weight. At this time last year I had just found out I had cervical cancer so I mentioned the studies linking obesity and certain forms of cancer today when I was questioned and most of the people who heard said “good for you for taking control!” Felt good to hear!

missindy~ I can be a lurker and non-poster at times, so no worries! How did your weigh-in turn out?

Elizabeth779~ I think the only reason why some of my co-workers have noticed is because they see me everyday and we work pretty close together, but I have yet to really see a change. My favorite quote from my dad is… “You’d be stunning if you lost the weight.” I know he means well, but I still have that moment where I think, “does that mean I’m not pretty now?” Did you watch the Superbowl? I saw all the Facebook posts about it but had crazy amounts of homework last night so I didn’t watch.

CanadaMel~ Did you get your run in yesterday?

Riddy~ Your overall weight loss is an inspiration! Your starting weight was so close to mine! You’re amazing!

ArmyGirl~ Did you get in your workout today? I’ve never been to a Tim Horton’s, but it sounds like that’s a good thing!

kris2008~ How was your Monday?

to everyone!

Ohhhhhhh TOM. My last TOM lasted 6 months, the one before that… ended in yet another hospital stay. TOM is not my friend and has a bit of fear that it brings with it… Trying to avoid a TMI but basically I have had a few TOMs where I lost so much blood that I had to stay in the hospital and have blood transfusions to get my red blood cells to an acceptable level. One of these extreme Toms was also how I found out I had cervical cancer last year. I’m hoping that even though 23lbs. is not an incredible amount, that it’s enough to keep TOM reasonable this month and preferably less than a month. A week would be ideal!!!

Sorry for the TMI! I’m wicked tired right now and not amused with the water retention that coincided with the start of TOM this morning, but I know I can push through. This will probably be my most challenging week as my will power kind of stinks when TOM comes around, but I’m just going to keep going! Tonight was rough food wise as one of my closest friends got engaged this morning! I’m super excited for her! However, I wasn’t excited about the spread of food that was kind of pushed on me tonight when we celebrated. I wasn’t prepared for it and didn’t realize that I should bring some food with me. I refrained for the most part and focused on the salad but slipped with the boneless chicken wings… I felt kinda gross afterwards though and tried to actually hold on to that feeling so that I would remember it next time I think about over-indulging.

Gonna grab a shower and crash! Hope everyone had a great Monday!!!

Last edited by KimL1214; 02-04-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

KimL1214: yes, I was at the gym this morning on the elliptical for about half an hour! Tomorrow, I will have to work out at home as there is no time in my schedule to get to the gym...but that's ok, I will do an insanity workout DVD.
As for Tim Horton's, I ended up there today with a friend...however, I didn't give in to all of it's glory! lol...yeah it's a great coffee shop with all sweet treats!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #7  

My sister talks about Tim Horton's all the time but we live about 1000 miles apart so I'm lucky (?) enough not to live near one. But then that means I don't live close to my sister either. It's been 30 years you would think I would have adjusted to it by now. LOL

KimL -- I am so sorry to hear about the cancer. I have no idea what type of treatment they have to offer for it and whether you are having good results from it. A great job on turning it into a useful tool to help your co-works understand that your weight loss isn't about vanity. It makes a huge difference on the way they support your efforts. It also helps you get your head around it being a "life style change". I heard those words for so many years and didn't "get it" until I actually changed. Boy I wish I had gotten to this point 30 years ago.

I've been really struggling this challenge. I lose a pound, then struggle all week just to keep it "lost". By the end of the week I am scared to death that I won't have a loss. I know I need to up the amount of exercise because I don't actually think it would be too healthy to cut too many more calories. I’m not really calorie counting, more counting my carbs but I do watch my calories to make sure I don’t go extremely high or low. Most days I'm between 1200-1400 lately. (Some days I get a few too many almonds into the mix and that is when I will try to watch myself the next day or so.) On the upside ... and this is really stretching to find the upside but my husband's hours were cut at work. That means a 1/3 cut in his income and that is really going to pinch BUT ... now here is the silver lining ... we were putting in such horribly long days that now he will only be working a 4 day workweek and two of those days will be only 8 hours long!!! That means 3 days a week I will be home early enough to workout. I sure hope we can work the budget out because I am really liking the idea of getting a real life back. This is the first week so he should have Friday off (they are still playing around with how the schedules will work) and I will get home tonight and Thursday evening around 5pm. Can you just imagine what that will be like? Our typical time to get home is around 8pm or later. I'm so mixed up as to whether to be happy or stressed. I guess I am streppy.

Have a good one today.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #8  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I decided on Friday I needed to up my calories so unfortunately I showed a gain this week. It is already gone and took an extra pound with it so hopefully next week's number will be much better.

KimL1214 - Do you like Big Macs? Or I should say the "special sauce"? Once you add the minced onions and the chopped up dill pickle (or dill pickle relish as I used), it really tastes like the Big Mac sauce (at least I think it does). I'm not a fan of thousand island either, but I love Big Mac sauce.

EofAZ - hopefully your budget will adjust to the new lower income because it sounds like it will be so much better in every other regard.

Hope everyone has a great week! I will try to check in more during the week, but it's gonna be kind of crazy. My 2 year old grandson fell down a couple of (carpeted) steps and broke his arm Sunday evening so I will be helping out a little more than usual - today we go in for a cast. It could have been much worse - I was in front of him and caught him and kept him from going down about 8 more steps, but he must have gotten his arm caught up under just right. I was surprised he was really hurt because he just kind of rolled. He's a little trooper. Got home from the ER with his splinted arm and he was all excited about his stickers. "Look, I got stickers for falling down the stairs!" I'm pretty sure that excitement will be long gone before the 4-6 weeks in a cast are over.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #9  

Oh my goodness MamaP, your poor little grandson. Thank goodness you were there to catch him.

I made sure I had the fixings to make your big mac bowl this week. It sounds really good and right in line with my low carbing. I will probably have it Thursday since that should be an early night home. I usually try to crockpot it on late nights.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 277/252/170

Height: 5'7

Super excited to weigh-in this week! After a short stop in Sadville, I am back on track. I'm at exactly 216 right now, so there's basically no way I won't be less than that come Sunday when I weigh in
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #11  

Hello team!
Wow, Wednesday already- I am on that runaway treadmill called life. Yowza.

MamaP- glad you were there to catch your grandson

Jrkessle- glad to hear your feeling better. Did you take advantage of the Y when you were home?

EofAz- hope the reduced hours bring balance into your life. I find some challenges I'm happy to maintain while others I can lse easier. A lot has to do whether it's a winter, spring or summer challenge.

Kim- yikes n the cancer and the length of your TOM. Your lifestyle change should affect all aspects of life- in a good way

Have a great day ladies!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/*/150

((KimL))

I am so off track. I am working on divorcing a sneaky, lying cheater, while balancing my teen boys, the dogs, work and aging parents. ~sigh~ I guess we all have our burdens to bear.

That makes me grateful to be able to come here and work on making myself healthier than I was the day before.

Today it's all about water, water and MORE water! I feel bloated and slow.....

I think I'll hop on the treadmill for a quick energizer!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #13  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations to all the big losers - wow! You chicks are rocking it!

KimL - thank you, I needed that. Lately I feel more frustrated than amazing. Just when I thought I'd busted out of the long stall, the scale blips up again. Good luck with TOM - I'm right there with you this week, at least in the craving category.

EofAZ - hooray for a bit of a life and time to exercise. Boo to the tighter budget. I so hear you on the struggling this challenge. Keep plugging away, it's got to come off eventually, right?

MamaP - your poor grandson! I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse, but a broken arm is still pretty crappy.

PaulaH - ugh. That sucks on so many levels, so for you, too.

I've gotten my exercise in every day so far this week. I am having trouble staying away from the jar of cashews in my drawer at work. Today was my day off, so it's been so much easier to eat on plan. I fixed my Vitamix, so I made 350-ish calorie roasted red pepper tofu soup for lunch. So good, filling, and low calorie! I need to buy more frozen spinach - the grocery store was actually OUT over the weekend. I guess spinach dip is more popular for Superbowl parties than I thought.

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

ArmyGirl~ I just checked out the video for the Insanity workout… CRAZY!!! Mucho respect for you for being able to do that!

EofAZ~ I actually opted for surgery and a round of oral chemo and have been in remission for eight months now! It was a mix of getting lectured about my weight and a scare with TOM in December that really pushed me to my breaking point with my weight. I’m sorry to hear that you’re struggling, but impressed that you’re looking at the upside of things! Haha, streppy! Best of luck!

MamaP~ I have actually never had a Big Mac oddly enough, but I may try this anyways! I’m so sorry to hear about your grandson!

jrkessle~ Woohoo, Congrats! How are you doing today?

CanadaMel~ I’m already feeling the change and loving it! How are you?

PaulaH~ I’m sorry to hear about what’s going on. How are you doing today?

Riddy~ Cravings really do suck, how have you been doing with them? I’ve only tried tofu a couple times and it was a flop both times, but your soup sounds interesting!

Wasn’t planning on walking tonight because I knew I would be home late. However, after catching a glance of the weather over the next couple days and hearing the excitement from the kids, I decided to grab my walk while I can. Usually when students get excited like this it turns out to be nothing. They’re predicting anywhere from 8-36 inches in our region between tomorrow night and Saturday morning. We’ll see… Anything less than a foot and we’ll still have school…

Funny how I hit 70 minutes (4.1 miles) tonight and felt like I was being a slow poke… Two weeks ago I would have been ecstatic to hit that number! 68 is my record, which I tied last night, so I think it’s my mind wanting to hit a best every time…

Having a hard time with my slight gain this week as a result of TOM. I know why, but it’s still tough to see on the scale… Small NSV at lunch today though. Co-worker’s birthday=A variety of Klondike bars and other chocolaty treats. I went through the bag and found cookies that were two for 130 calories… I had one and savored every bite! A couple of my co-workers laughed at me as they watched me check the calories on all the treats and I just stuck my tongue out at them and went about my business.

Need a shower… G’night everyone!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I'm starting to feel quite unmotivated. I've been OP every day this week and everyday my weight has not changed up until today, when I was up about half a pound. It's not a lot but I've been drinking tons of water, staying under my calories and exercising my normal amount. I did lose quite a bit last week so I can't complain over the last two weeks it's just frustrating seeing the exact same number for 5 days straight and then an increase. My fiance was in the same boat as me but today he was down over 2 pounds. I know I have to keep plugging away but it's getting harder.

I'll do personals later on, I'm exhausted and may try and squeeze in a nap at work