UK Fat Chicks - Certain foods you don't trust yourself to buy!

hello2013
02-03-2013, 09:32 AM
....as they will just end up in your tum by the end of the day!

Mine include:

Rice cakes
Jacobs cream crackers
Bagels
Cereal bars
Mozzarella
Chocolate
Strawberries
Pretzels
Olives
Salted popcorn
Malteaster bunnies!

What's on your list?

3CatsMeow
02-03-2013, 09:51 AM
My big one at the moment is tiger bread! I love that stuff with butter on!

marigrace
02-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Crackers,italian bread chips, salted nuts.

AlmostMe
02-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Any savoury snack!! Crisps, nuts, crackers.

Hello2013 - unless you're low-carbing, strawberries are pretty low-cal.

roobear
02-05-2013, 10:43 AM
My bf and I refuse to buy bread. It is lethal, whether we have it as toast or bacon sandwiches or with soup, no matter what we do with it we can't stop and a loaf will be gone in an evening. He has more trouble than me, I can always mange to limit myself when I comes to biscuits and chocolate but he cant have them in the house, cos even if he tells himself he'll only have one, it'll set off his cravings and he will demolish a whole packet in one sitting. It annoys me a bit cos I would like to have these things there if I fancy one now and again but the times we have done that I've gone back to the cupboard to find the whole lot gone. Crisps we don't buy either, I love crisps.

My Healthy Diet
02-24-2013, 06:44 AM
My bf and I refuse to buy bread.

Me too!

I can easily not buy chocolate so I don't eat it, but bread is something that's always in the house, which makes it even more difficult :)

SoulSurvivor
02-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Hello2013 you sound like me for the past few years!!! Recently I can actually buy these foods and not binge eat them all! My weaknesses were: Nutella,
Malteasers bunnies, cream crackers, mozzarella, pasta with pesto sauce and chocolate digestives.

ichoose2believe
02-24-2013, 09:17 PM
salt and vinegar chips
caramel popcorn
pop chips
pickles (i can eat a whole jar sadly)

chubbiegurl
02-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Chocolate it doesn't stand a chance near me. Although I have gotten to the point where I will only have a few pieces, but if present that will occur daily so not good, no body better lay a finger on my butterfinger!

desiresdestiny
02-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Chocolate
Pb

luckystreak
02-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Rice cakes? really? odd lol dont they have like 30 calories a piece anyway?

beescwee
02-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Chocolate doesn't last the night with me :-( I also have to be really careful around Royster's crisps! Must try to pretend they don't exist....

Crow
03-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Biscuits, cheese straws, chocolate spread.

I just don't buy them any more because I'll eat them all myself.

cantgetenoughchoc
03-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Nutella and chocolate. My major weaknesses.

alanafx
03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Bread and crisps. I've not had either in weeks and i miss them terribly!

Roo2
03-28-2013, 05:47 PM
I am the opposite at least for right now ! Bought food for Easter,Candy and stuff for the Easter baskets.

I have bought quite a few clothes soo ...even though the stuff is in the house ...I know I can't touch it .

Plus I have bought a new Cookbook with great recipes in it to make for them.

I just tell myself this is not for you.... Plus also I know I would be sick as a dog and wind up in the bathroom or worst back at the ER...so Thanks but no Thanks..enjoy ..I can't:D
Roo2

Yummy food is not worth the pain for me anymore

Roo2
03-28-2013, 05:48 PM
I am the opposite at least for right now ! Bought food for Easter,Candy and stuff for the Easter baskets.

I have bought quite a few clothes soo ...even though the stuff is in the house ...I know I can't touch it .

Plus I have bought a new Cookbook with great recipes in it to make for them.

I just tell myself this is not for you.... Plus also I know I would be sick as a dog and wind up in the bathroom or worst back at the ER...so Thanks but no Thanks..enjoy ..I can't::(
Roo2

Yummy food is not worth the pain for me anymore

campn
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Nutella (and Nutella on the go!)
Chips
Ice cream
Kitkats
OREOS!
Bacon

NC Aries
03-28-2013, 09:55 PM
The NONO Club:
Fries
Bacon
Brownies
Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips

:cry:

Makes it harder when the other half isn't on the eating healthy kick with me and likes to munch on cookies, chips, and soda right in front of me.

LadyP2013
03-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Ice cream is my biggest weakness......Breyers oreo...................yummy!
cookies......oreos, chips ahoy
chips..........any doritos
candy......twix, snickers, kit kat, butterfinger, etc.

ReillyJ
03-29-2013, 02:03 AM
Just about ANY food. Which is why i pretty much have a set menu that i eat all week (healthy lower calorie foods that i do love) so i can feel in control and then Fridays i've made it a free for all day.

But chocolate and all sweets are my weaknesses. Also adore cheese, sour cream, steak, pizza, etc., etc., etc., LOL

CassiaPercival
04-19-2013, 01:07 PM
....as they will just end up in your tum by the end of the day!

Mine include:

Rice cakes
Jacobs cream crackers
Bagels
Cereal bars
Mozzarella
Chocolate
Strawberries
Pretzels
Olives
Salted popcorn
Malteaster bunnies!

What's on your list?

Crisps
Chocolate
Doughnuts
Cheese
Fresh/crusty bread
Bacon
Scotch eggs
Cocktail sausages
The list goes on and on...

Anything that you don't really have to cook basically lmao!

MonteCristo
04-19-2013, 01:57 PM
crackers
bagels
chips
pretty much any snack food, except fruit
ice cream

mygirlvj
04-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Pizza, bought one for the first time last week-end in about 3 months and it will be at least another 3 before I do that again.

Lecomtes
04-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Pizza and Nutella are two things I just refuse to eat a single serving of...so I only buy them occasionally when there is plenty of people around to share. :)

ChickieBoom
04-19-2013, 05:24 PM
I can eat an entire box of matzo without batting an eye. I love crackers, pita chips, pretzels anything bready...it's pretty bad.

Nichole2013
04-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Whipped Cream
prepackaged pastries or cookies of any kind
anything white chocolate !!!
Twizzlers (i have eaten a whole 5 pound bag at one sitting before)
microwave popcorn

Rhiko
04-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Potato chips, fizzy drinks (soda), chocolate. I think those were the main foods I was addicted to before I started losing weight and x'd them from the house.

Curvycurly
04-20-2013, 12:43 AM
bread, muffins, bagels etc

and PIZZA my ultimate weakness

knoxie
05-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Chocolate
Chocolate biscuits
Coca cola
Crisps (which is weird because I'm not a huge crisp fan but if I buy a multipack I have to eat them ALL :?:)
Coleslaw
Any type of cake
Ice cream

As a result I rarely if ever buy any of the above now :D

BuffyInSunnydale
05-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Muffins (McDonalds blueberry muffins) omg
Chocolate
Cake
Granola cereal (I could eat bowl fulls of the stuff)
Biscuits (Any kinds)

slw2013
05-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I used to try and buy those fun sized chocolate snacks to take with me in lunches. And then they would all be gone in a night. So, now I just won't buy them. I'm trying to have snacks in the house that are better for me but still sweet, so that I can still assuage my needs for sweet things. I don't like them overly much so that helps them last more than five minutes.

Nutella and white bread are also bad.

marrisalove
05-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Take out mexican food. It is my kryptonite. When I cook mexican dishes at home I can make smart (well, smarter choices) but when I'm at a tacqueria, boy watch out!

Tibbits2u
05-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Garlic bread ..i could eat a whole loaf in one sitting. also twizzlers..i'm not a big fan of candy for the most part but there is just something about twizzlers, once i start i cant stop ..i once ate a 5 pound bag in under an hour

cantgetenoughchoc
05-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Sausage rolls. Especially greggs sausage rolls. I saw the fat content in them a while ago and it was something ridiculous. I used to have 1 or 2. Now I just refuse to buy them. I love them so much, but they are so unhealthy it's not even worth it :P

Oh and Nutella. I sit and eat the whole jar. So I haven't bought nutella in about 3 months! :D

AngelCOH
05-07-2013, 04:14 AM
I have never said no to fish and chips when suggested but have gone 3 weeks now without a portion! In the house my weakness is for Ben & Jerry's, I have to ask someone to prise the tub from my hands and put it back in the freezer. I also adore fancy crisps and dip which I no longer purchase :(

Michelle2008
06-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Ice cream
Sweeties - i would eat only one about thirty times!!
Pringles - as above
Crusty bread and real butter
Fresh pancakes and real butter

Really anything and real butter

crispin
06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
These Annie's chocolate grahams. I only bought them once, and I couldn't stop myself from consuming the entire box in one sitting (over 700 calories!).

I shopped yesterday and walked past them. "So we meet again." I was so tempted to buy them, but after the application of much will power I put them back. I know it would be easier for me right now to just avoid bringing them home than to try resisting them. Damn delicious bunnies.

grneyedmustang
06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Cookies
Certain chocolates (namely Reeses and Kit Kats)
Nutella (I just discovered this one...DOHHHH!!!! Not allowed in the house anymore).
Kroger Dry Roasted Lightly Salted Peanuts (I will eat half the jar in one sitting)
Ben & Jerrys or Haagen Dazs
Tortilla chips with guacamole and/or queso

Sheena82
06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Cheesecake, cake, biscuits..... Lol anthing with sugar in dessert form. Nom nom nom

ReillyJ
06-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Good grief A LOT of them, unfortunately. i'm pathetic that way. i stick to a pretty basic menu for 6 days of the week and fridays i allow a cheat day.

seize the day
06-12-2013, 04:23 PM
salt and vinegar chips
caramel popcorn
pop chips
pickles (i can eat a whole jar sadly)

I tend to go through about 4 jars of pickles a week (sometimes more...) but since they are low cal/low carb I let myself have them... even though I know they are really high in sodium. They are my "trade" since I don't get chips, fries, etc.

Take out mexican food. It is my kryptonite. When I cook mexican dishes at home I can make smart (well, smarter choices) but when I'm at a tacqueria, boy watch out!

I love mexican food, and definitely have this same issue. I cook my own about 4 times a week but I still find myself walking into Mexican restaurants or calling in delivery orders. Ugh.

I don't buy:

Any sweets except dark chocolate occasionally
Salted nuts (I do buy raw unsalted)
Chips
Fries
juice
most fruit (I'm low carb)

seize the day
06-12-2013, 04:24 PM
oops, just realized this is UK, and I haven't lived in the UK for a 5 years now... sorry!

Aidanqm
06-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Ice cream, chocolate, and chocolate almond butter

NOM NOM NOM. I'm like Cookie Monster with those three things. Rofl :p

Tibbits2u
06-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Raw cookie dough, anything white chocolate, reddiwhip , and any kind of pastry or snack cake

Sum38
06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Cheese!!!

amandie
06-18-2013, 01:26 AM
Queso cheese dip. I am SO bad with that, I could easily eat at least half of the jar or more. >_<

Before the discovery of my acid reflux and possible f'ed up gallbladder or the functionality of it, it used to be hot cheetos with lime and peanut butter (not eaten together at the same time, mind you, lol.)

kate27
06-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Peanut butter.. I could eat an entire jar in one go. SO addictive!! Especially the Yum Yum brand!

joefla70
06-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Strangely, its the things that are ON my plan! The main culprit is almonds. I either don't buy them, or I keep them in the trunk of my car to keep them from being too accessible. But I have no problem keeping other food in the house (for my kids) that I don't eat (i.e., peanut butter, cheese, chips, cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, etc.) In the past, I could sit down with the jar of peanut butter or eat a huge hunk of cheese. But for some reason I am ok with those being off limits and I abide by that, but when I have the almonds in front of me, there's no stopping me from eating them!!!

Mama Whitty
06-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Any baked goods, but I also struggle with Mexican food. So good, but so bad for you. I don't think I could make a "healthy" choice at a Mexican restaurant.

Mission Fat to Fab
06-24-2013, 06:45 PM
ice cream, chocolate, peanut butter, peanuts, almond butter, biscuits - especially M&S ones, hummus which is not allowed on paleo :-(, and cereal.

KG123
06-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Definitely potato chips, I swear they're coated with something addictive.:devil:

Portugese sweet rolls.:p

Movie popcorn. I'll not go to a movie just because I know I'll get popcorn.
Not getting it is not even an option. :dizzy:

The little chocolates called "Ice Cubes." They're made with palm oil of all horrible things. But they're soooo good and make me think of my childhood.:cloud9:

halo104
06-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Chinese food- the place I get takeout from has no MSG and uses only fresh veggies, but I always get the food with the heavy sauce :( I never get the healthy options!

Kayles
07-02-2013, 01:24 PM
ben and jerry's icecream and also relentless energy drinks, ah i have such an energy drink problem

wioorka
07-04-2013, 06:21 PM
cashew nuts, rough bran cakes, hummus...