Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Best places to buy single serving snacks and treats

DoingMyBest79
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I cannot keep large servings of snacks and treats in my house (packages of cookies, entire cakes, family size bags of chips, etc.) When I want a treat, I need to buy a single serving package so that I am not tempted to eat more than one serving. I can't keep more than one serving in the house!

The best place I have found to buy these treats is gas stations, but most are so overpriced, I could buy an entire package at the grocery store for the same price or less, and I hate the feeling of being price-gouged.

What stores have you found that carry a nice selection of reasonably-priced individual servings? For example, I found individual bags of chips (not King Size Hunger Buster bags that really are several servings) at Target for 50 cents each. Sometimes I can find individual packages of snack cakes at Wal Mart for under $1.

Where do you recommend finding single serving treats?

cadiza
02-06-2013, 01:10 PM
It think it is the nature of retail to boost up prices on indvidual packs like that. The only thing that comes to mind, is that a whille back my local dollar store was selling off-brand 100 calorie packs at the register!

Let us know if you find any good leads!:carrot:

jefferzzzz
02-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I personally buy them at Sam's Club when I need single serving packages of crackers or whatever. Also if you want to save money I have also bought large containers of whatever and weighed them out into individual Ziploc bags. But sounds like that would not work for you. ;)

DoingMyBest79
02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the replies! I found a few more: some single serving bags of chips at Rite Aid for around 50 cents. Rite Aid also sells Easter candy in single servings (Russell Stover's, etc.)

I think the best bet is probably bakeries -- buying one pastry/treat there. That doesn't help if I am really craving a prepackaged snack, but a lot of times, treats you buy from a bakery are fresher and taste better anyway!

I have found that Starbucks, Panera, Dunkin Donuts, Barnes & Noble cafes, and Caribou have very good single serving treats. I even went to Dunkin Donuts and bought 1-2 munchkins. It is working for me so far - much better to buy 1-2 munchkins than to buy a whole box of donuts from the grocery store! I wish Entenmann's sold their donuts in single serving packs, though. It seems like the only way I can get those is buy buying a whole box, and I definitely can't just eat one and keep the rest of the box of donuts in my house right now! :)