Tejas
02-01-2013, 08:29 PM
New Pages!!

ontarget
02-01-2013, 08:30 PM
;)

Tejas
02-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Don't know how I got that extra 15 in there! Oh well.

I've slept most of the day....starting to feel better..

DH went to nutritionist and has started his new life now. :lol:

Tejas
02-02-2013, 04:13 PM
My friend in NYC has taken a turn for the worse. She had seizures and is in neurology ICU. Her son is on his way there from Toronto. I will go on Monday. At the very least, I can clean her apartment, which needs doing no matter what the outcome of all of this. :(

Jokes about his new motivations aside, DH seems serious about eating differently. This will be interesting to say the least.

sloanie
02-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear about your friend and so glad that you are able to go back to New York. I will be praying for her, her son, and you!

Tejas
02-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Thanks Sloan. The MDs say they don't know how this all happened...but we did learn that she fell in the subway not too long ago...perhaps she cracked a rib or something. Anyway, it's a real mess.

pam920
02-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Rhonda, your friend will be in my prayers. How is your cold coming along?

It's been a lazy day. I didn't do much except make a cover for my tissue box. Turned out pretty cute.

ontarget
02-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Rhonda, I am so sorry about your dear friend, but I am glad you are able to fly back to be with her and help her. Tell Doyle I'm happy for him and wish him the best of success.

Curtis and I went out to eat tonight. We had Mexican food and I had a margarita. Curtis said we're celebrating our anniversary this whole month. :lol: (I'm a bit tipsy now. I haven't had anything to drink in ages.)

Tejas
02-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Boy, I would love to have a Margarita! :hat:

nancy237
02-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Rhonda..so sorry about your friend..Keep us posted, take care of yourself while you help her..

I had a CPR class today that was fun, then watched a volleyball tournament
(my daughter coaches a girls team) Her team played great and came in 4th. Now my grandson is spending the night.

Planning to visit a new church in the morning...

Vickie
02-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm plugging along......couple good days then a fall off the wagon. Exercise is spotty but I'm never giving up. I can't.

Rhonda, I'm so sorry about your friend. You are a good woman to go and be by her side and help her environment be great when she gets back home.

ontarget
02-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Vickie, I have hopped off that wagon but plan to jump back on tomorrow. At least we don't give up.

Tejas
02-03-2013, 07:31 PM
I felt better yesterday and today, thank goodness. But, I've been trying to be low-key and rest as much as possible.

I fly out at 10Am tomorrow. I have heard that Ann is now conscious and off the ventilator. That's good.

I can't seem to leave the ice cream alone. Thank goodness we have only the small cups and I can stop at 2, so it's not much. Then there is Tom and Jerry's right there by my friend's place in NYC :dunno:

ontarget
02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Rhonda, have a safe flight. Your friend will be so glad you came.

sloanie
02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Rhonda, be safe! Glad your friend is awake and breathing on her own. I know she will be happy to see you again so soon :)

Vickie, getting back on the wagon is the most important part. Hang in there and focus....:cheer:

Hey to the rest of you chicks! Have a great night :goodvibes

nancy237
02-04-2013, 12:15 AM
I have eaten too many treats this weekend.
Sent all the Birthday food that I cooked for my son-in-law home with my daughter tonight and plan to do extreme low carb now to try to get 5 more pounds off..

If I can alternate that & maintaining maybe I can keep heading in the right direction.

Rhonda , that is great about your friend getting off the ventilator so fast !!

This is funny..we were playing a game tonight where you ask yes/no questions to guess what is on a card that everyone else can see. Sorta a version of 20 questions ...
I was losing because unbeknownst to me my card said "santa clause"
I figured out it was a person and asked if the person was real . They said yes because my grandson beleives. I kept trying to figure out who could be real & alive & flys & does not fly by plane ...boy was I confused..

ontarget
02-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Nancy, what a hoot!! Good success on eating low carb. Melt those 5 lbs, girl!!

Sloan, thank you for the focus cheer. I need to see it a lot. Today==I am back OP. Feeling great so far.

Ya'll have a magnificent Monday.

ontarget
02-04-2013, 07:32 PM
I just made a peach cobbler.

nancy237
02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Sandra..that sounds really good...

I did a good really low carb day.
Eggs, Nuts, Chicken..

I am horrible at furniture arranging & layouts. I was just at a friends and her
living room is so nicely arranged. My living room is long and narrow with an off center fireplace, but the biggest problem is my decorating skills.
I am going to work on it tomorrow.

Tejas
02-04-2013, 10:29 PM
nancy I bet there is an app for that!

I am safely in NYC...Ann is better but still in ICU. I arrived late in the afternoon and have not seen her yet. I will see her tomorrow. it is very good to see her son...I told him to go out and see and old school friend..he was so grateful to have a little fun.

sloanie
02-05-2013, 07:07 AM
I'm still OP, and losing vvvveeeeerrrrryyyy slowly. I AM GOING TO DO THIS!

Rhonda, glad you arrived safely. Hope your friend enjoys seeing you today, and that you and her DS can get her to agree to safer living arrangements.

Sandra, we can do this! :cheer2::cheer2: :cheer3: :cheer::cheer2:::cheer2::cheer3:

Nancy, instead of spreading furniture out, try making several small conversation areas. Don't be afraid to pull furniture away from walls. Have fun!!

Vickie, congrats on completing those taxes!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

nancy237
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Sloan..good job on the losing....slow and steady is the way to go !!!
You are right about the small seating areas..I need cozy spaces !!
If front of my fire is a small seating area and it's my favorite spot..
I need one more club chair & ottoman to do what I want to do, so I need to shop some..

I have worked on my files and gotten them more organized, that feels good.

Thinking of you Rhonda:hug:

sloanie
02-06-2013, 02:32 AM
It is 1 am, I am awake, and I am starving! What's up with that? :dizzy:

nancy237
02-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Sloan..did you ever get to sleep??

I had yucky dreams & its hard to shake them 100% once awake..One that was sorta funny was me getting ready for my first day at work. I tried on about 20 outfits & they were all dirty, torn or missing buttons. Sure an analyst would have fun with that !! LOL

I moved my living room around and added in a coffee table that I bought a few months ago. Love it !!! The coffee table really makes it feel cozy & anchored..

144 today !!!

Going to have lunch with a friend in a little while.

ontarget
02-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Nancy and Sloan, I am excited for you both!! You're doing wonderfully.

I went to my cardiologist today for my annual check up. Guess what. I'm fat and was told to lose weight and exercise 30 min a day 5 times a week. What a shock!

I just got off the :ebike: , so today I did my first 30 min. Life is good.

nancy237
02-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Where is Maryann ????

ontarget
02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't know. I hope she isn't ill.

Vickie, are you all right?

sloanie
02-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Nancy, I did go back to sleep after watching a movie. I think I slept from 3 to 5 then got up for school. I have not had too much trouble with being sleepy today, though. I love the dream about your getting dressed! Too funny :lol:
Also, congrats on being 144. I'm right behind you :) 146.5 today.

Sandra, was your cardiologist appt. good otherwise? Congrats on getting on the treadmill. I love the little emoji's puffing lips.

Just got a text from DD, so I gotta go. Have a great night chicks!

Tejas
02-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Hi...friend is better...very bad situation..major staph infection but getting out of the woods we hope...she felt better today and had more color and was laughing...I went to the Whitney Museum and saw a favorite Georgia Okeefe painting...

Vickie
02-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Saw the Nephrologist yesterday and got a major kick in the butt. Time to buckle down. If only Sandra's bike could be right next to my treadmill. It would be so much more fun then!

I'll be back with details and to check in with all of you later.

ontarget
02-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Sloan and Nancy, you girls are neck and neck. What are your goals?

Rhonda, I am glad your friend's doing better. I know you know how serious staff infections are. Glad you're getting to enjoy some time in NYC.

Sloan, my cardiologist gave me a good report. I don't even need any tests now. Thank you for asking.

Vickie, I think a :kick: is better than the doctor acting like he has given up. That's the impression I got from mine. It was like it was his routine to tell me to exercise and lose weight. I think he's thrown in the towel. I wish we could exercise together, too. That would be fun. Just think of the chatting we could do!

Today I went for allergy testing. I will start the shot program the 19th. Ouch!

We have folks coming to shoot today then M&M tonight. Full day ahead.

sloanie
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey Vickie, glad to hear from you! Sorry the doc was tough on you! I wish we all could exercise together. Rhonda could be our leader!

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to see your fav G.O. painting! Hope your friend continues to improve.

Sandra, glad your cardiology appt. went well! My DH has been getting allergy shots for the last few years. They have really helped him. BTW, my goal is to get back to 130.

Nancy, sounds like you are having fun moving furniture. Are you in the way of the big snow storm?

Maryann, where are you?

Hey Pam

ontarget
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Sloan, 130 sounds fabulous. You can do it!

Pam, I hope you're doing all right. Where are you?

Tejas
02-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Why not try to Skype and exercise? I have done some exercising while Iam traveling...squats, push ups, etc. We have walked a lot and my foot was really hurting today.

tomorrow there will be a major dressing change...my friend has mesh where we have a sternum!

I am writing on an iPad, and I don't particularly like it.

ontarget
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Rhonda, it's good to hear from you. What do you mean she has mesh? It doesn't sound good at all.

nancy237
02-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Quick check in to say hi, more tomorrow.
May head to the beach with friends tomorrow, but its up in the air.
They have a relative that is in the hospital and it will depend on his
condition tomorrow.

I went to another meetup dinner tonight and met
some very nice & interesting people !!

My final goal is 130..Sloan , it seems like we have
stuck close over the years in weight..I remember tempting each other
with cyber pizza way back when we were doing a competition :lol:
This time we will stick with it !!! I am alternating low carb weeks with
maintaining weeks..seems to be working so far..

nancy237
02-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Since I am in NC I think the storm will be plenty north of me ,
but I am worried about Rhonda being in NYC. I think flights are already being canceled there.

Really wish Maryann would check in, its not like her to be gone so long..

Who else is near this storm coming ??

ontarget
02-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Nancy, I am glad you're clear of the storm. I hope our other chickies are and stay safe. Please check in, Ladies.

Vickie
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi Chicks! I'm in day 2 and I'm S T A R V I N G. A sure sign that I was eating too much. I'm off to make a cup of hot tea to try to last until dinner time. It will be an early dinner for sure.

I checked Mary Ann's profile and though she hasn't posted since the middle of January....she logged in today. So she must just not feel up to posting. Hope you're well Mary Ann.

I did my second day of exercise today. Can only make 15 minutes but my heel is holding up so far.

Sandra, do you feel your bike gives good exercise? I have a big stomach and short legs and have never really been comfortable on one but I may have to give up the treadmill and shop for something else if my heel doesn't hold up. Do you lose when you are doing the stationary bike regularly?

Rhonda, be safe!

Sloan and Nancy, I am so proud of you gorgeous little chickies in the 130's! I would K I L L to be 230. Oh well....nothing to be done but to keep trudging.

Tonight we are having a chicken enchilada bake recipe. Not all Core but very healthy and delicious. This is my second time making it and have frozen 2 dinners both times and they have warmed up great. I'm all about cooking once and eating 2 or 3 more times. Even retired, I don't want to be cooking a whole meal every night.

Have a good evening!

ontarget
02-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Vickie, your enchiladas sound yummy. I can't honestly tell you if :ebike: is working for me. I do think it's better than my sitting on the recliner, though. I hope I can keep up (day 2 so far). Maybe if I do this for a few weeks, I can give you a better answer. But then that also means I'll need to be making healthy food choices, too, won't it?

Maryann, we miss you, girl.

sloanie
02-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Vickie, I'm not in the 130's yet, but I am determined to get there. Have you tried a recumbent bike? I have wondered if that would be beneficial. The treadmill and a stationary bike are hard on my hip.

I'm worried about Maryann, too!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Rhonda, stay warm!!

nancy237
02-08-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm not in the 30's yet either...but that is my goal...

pam920
02-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm here. I got a new dog and she has kept me occupied. My diet is totally out of control. My hubby leaves for KY Sunday, then my sis is flying in from Michigan for a week. She is running in a half marathon in Daytona Beach. We are staying on the beach for a couple nights and taking my other sis that lives here in Florida near me. Should be fun.

After my sis leaves, I'm am buckling down on my diet. I have to do something. I will never make it to the 130's but will be happy with 145. I know it's doable. I think I'm going to do South Beach. I have a site bookmarked and she has recipes for each phase of the diet.

I think Maryann is going to get the blizzard and so will Rhonda. Glad her friend is doing better.

Sloan and Nancy, great job you two are doing.

Sandra and Vickie, I always listened to music or tv while on the treadmill.

Tejas
02-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Ok here in NYC...can't write much on this iPAD..too awkward...

Airports are closed now but should be ok when I leave on Sunday. friend is better...I thought the mesh was replacing bone, but it is not. the mesh is actually a pump, pushing out infection...amazing technology!

She might go home next week....so amazed.

Not overeating here but need to be home to FOCUS!

Maryann,where are you?

sloanie
02-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Down to 145.6 at my weekly weigh in! Probably would have been lower, but we had pizza last night, and yes, I counted the points :D I'm sure the sodium was a touch high since it was covered with pepperoni. :jeno: My plans for the day are to clean house and do homework for my college class; I know you are all jealous :lol3:

Rhonda, I had a friend who had a "wound vac". They are amazing! Sounds like they are on the right track. No wonder she was so sick and having the symptoms you mentioned. Having an infection like that affects the whole body. Getting all of that infection out may just make her a new woman!

Pam, we need pics of the new doggy! It's like having a new baby, isn't it?

Sandra, I listen to books while exercising by myself. Makes the time fly by.

Vickie, I'm so sad that you are STARVING! Are you getting enough protein? The Zone diet guy says three meals a day that include 30 Gm Carb, 20 Gm Pro, and 10 Gm fat with two snacks that have 1/3 of those numbers. A few years ago, I went on that diet and my cholesterol numbers were amazing. It is too hard to stay on for a long time, but I was never hungry. Now, when it seems like I am hungry a lot, I go back to that ratio, and it helps.

Nancy, I am so excited that you are enjoying the meet ups. I am so inspired by you/proud of you! You are a wonderful example to anyone who has lost someone close to them. You go girl!!!! Did you notice that I had pizza for dinner? Your post about pizza must have done the trick :rofl:

How can we check on Maryann? I didn't think about checking her profile. Thanks for doing that, Vickie. I'm glad that she logged on, but I'm still worried about her :(

GTG be productive. Have a great day, y'all!

Vickie
02-09-2013, 12:43 PM
We could send her a message through her profile. I've got to run shopping right now but I could try when I come back.

ontarget
02-09-2013, 05:21 PM
I watch television while on the :ebike: I have no excuse not to do it.

Today was girls' day out. We had a great time. I bought 3 cute tops. I still need some capris to go with them. My eating wasn't too bad but also wasn't too good. Life goes on.

Have a good weekend. Stay safe everyone. And keep on keeping on.

Vickie
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM
I sent Mary Ann a message through this website. I told her we were worried and asked her to check in with us.

She might be affected by the blizzard right now.

ontarget
02-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Vickie, thank you for checking on her. I hope she responds soon and is all right.

sloanie
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks, Vickie!

nancy237
02-09-2013, 10:43 PM
I was sorta blue today so I cut my hair & colored it . Ate some lunch that I should not have :nono:
Then I went to Target and bought new socks, measuring cups & spoons,
pj's & wine.
Guess what !! The check out guy asked for my ID !!!!
I think they check everyone, but
I prefer to believe that he wasn't sure haha..

Thanks for the nice words Sloan..This time of year is the hardest for me .
His birthday, Valentines day, gloomy weather, death date & our wedding anniversary..April will be most welcome..

I sent Maryann a note too, I do worry because she usually posts so often.

Sandra..glad you had fun and found some clothes !!

My weight is hovering back around 145..This has ended up not being a losing week, but there is always next week...

Rhonda..so glad to hear that your friend continues to improve !! Be careful getting home..

Pam..what kind of dog did you get?? South Beach sounds like a good diet to do.

Vickie. :wave: Chicken enchiladas sound good...

ontarget
02-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Nancy :hug:

We overslept this morning. Got up in time to go to lunch at our favorite cafe. I ate fairly healthy and OP. I didn't take the rolls or bread. That's a big plus. Speaking of "Big Plus", I have one on the scales. Not liking results I'm getting, so I need to make better choices.

nancy237
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Just got word from Maryann...
She is fine but has been busy and her internet has been out.
So glad :carrot:
She said she would post soon...

Tejas
02-10-2013, 11:19 PM
HOME !

sloanie
02-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the Maryann report, Nancy. I am so relieved!

Welcome home, Rhonda :)

beach bum
02-11-2013, 10:37 AM
HI LADIES:)

I'M BACK, HAD A QUIT EXCITING WINTER STORM THAT HIT CAPE COD.DIDN'T LOSE POWER BUT I DID LOSE MY BUNDLE WITH COMCAST[PHONE COMPUTER AND TV] OVER THE WEEKEND.

GOT MY INTERNET BACK LAST NIGHT AFTER A BRIEF BREAK THAT I HAD AND WAS TO POST TO NANCY'S PM. DURING THIS TIME I WAS SURPRISED THAT MY WEIGHT HAS STAYED THE SAME 152,SO I HAVE TO MORE POUNDS TO HIT MY FIRST GOAL AND THAN DOWN TO MY SECOND.

THAN LAST WEEK OR TWO I WAS INVOLVED WITH MY CHURCH FUNCTIONS I JUST DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO POST.

MY NEW DOCTOR IS HAPPY ABOUT MY WEIGHT GOING DOWN SINCE LAST YEAR AS MY BOUT WITH PR-DIABETES WITH MY A1C'S BEING 6.3 IS WHAT I HAVE TO WATCH CAREFULLY. SO I'M NOW ON A LOW CARB DIET[ATKINS] FOR A WHILE UNTIL I BRING DOWN MY A1C'S TO UNDER 5.

Sent all the Birthday food that I cooked for my son-in-law home with my daughter tonight and plan to do extreme low carb now to try to get 5 more pounds off..

NANCY-I'M SO PROUD OF YOU,SENDING THE FOOD HOME,AND GOING ON LOW CARBING ALSO. I REALLY BELIEVE IT S THE CARBS CATEGORY THAT CAUSING WEIGHT PROBLEMS FRUITS & VEGGIES ARE OK BUT THE PASTAS RICE ETC ARE OUR DOWNFALLS MUST EAT VERY SPARELY.

I went to my cardiologist today for my annual check up. Guess what. I'm fat and was told to lose weight and exercise 30 min a day 5 times a week. What a shock!

SANDRA-I GUESS WE ALL HAVE TO LOW CARB IT FOR A WHILE.NOW
THAT I'M SO CLOSE TO DIABETES MY DOCTOR LAUGHED WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT MY BIKE IS IN THE CORNER COLLECTING DUST. [B]UNDUST IT WAS HIS ANSWER ND NO EXCUSES.SO NOW I'M TRYING TO DO 30 MINS OF :e-bike: WHILE WATCHING TV.

I checked Mary Ann's profile and though she hasn't posted since the middle of January....she logged in today. So she must just not feel up to posting. Hope you're well Mary Ann.

VICKIE-THANKS:thanks: FOR BEING SO CONCERNED ABOUT ME HAD NOW IDEA THAT IT WAS THAT LONG SINCE I POSTED. I DID HAVE A VERY BAD COUGH DURING JANUARY THAT I CAUGHT IN NY WHILE VISITING MY DD FOR CHRISTMAS THAT WOULDN'T GO AWAY,BUT NOW IN FEB I FINE JUST EVERY BUSY. SORRY FOR MOT CHECKING IN.

I think Maryann is going to get the blizzard and so will Rhonda. Glad her friend is doing better.

PAM-YOU'RE RIGHT BETWEEN MY SICKNESS AND THE BLIZZARD I WAS PRE OCCUPIED ALONG WITH MY CHURCH ACTIVITIES.THANKS YES MY FRIEND IS BETTER AGAIN.HAPPY THAT YOU GOT A NEW PUPPY,I CAN'T GET INVOLVED WITH PETS ANY MORE AS I'M ALWAYS ON THE GO,IT WOULD BE FAIR TO THE PET TO BE AWAY ALL THE TIME.

How can we check on Maryann? I didn't think about checking her profile. Thanks for doing that, Vickie. I'm glad that she logged on, but I'm still worried about her

SLOANE-SO SORRY I REALLY UPSET YOUR GALS WITH MY NOT POSTING GEE!!! ITS REALLY GREAT TO KNOW THAT I HAVE SUCH NICE CYBER SISTERS. I WILL POST IN THE FUTURE ,EVEN IF ITS JUST A :wave: HI.

THANKS LADIES FOR BEING CONCERNED ABOUT ME I REALLY APPRECIATE HAVING SUCH WONDERFUL CYBER FRIENDS AND SISTERS LIKE YOU

WILL COME BACK AND READ YOUR POST AS SEE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE UP TO

THANKS AGAIN FOR BE THERE FOR ME

HUGS AND GOD BLESS

Tejas
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Re-entry day today....going to see trainer at 1PM :lol:

ontarget
02-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Rhonda, glad you're home and are about to re-enter the exercise world.

And, Maryann, I am so glad you're back here in cyberland. We've missed you.

I am on Day 2 (again!) of being sugar free. At least I haven't given up. :lol:

Tejas
02-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Glad to see you're back Maryann, and that nothing was seriously wrong.

Nancy, :hug:

Pam, did you ever say what kind of dog you got recently.

Sloan, I was amazed by that wound vac.

So, there is a stranger in my house. He looks like my husband, and acts like him--mostly. But, this new guy has quit drinking dark-colored diet sodas; doesn't eat ice cream anymore; wants healthy snacks; has a colorful and huge nutritional chart on the refrigerator. When this guy brings the recumbent bike in from the garage, I'm calling the cops! :lol:

I'm going out to a local pub to hear poetry reading from the Vagina Monologues. The fun just never stops here in Denton. ;)

nancy237
02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Rhonda...That is funny about the stranger in your house...
I have heard that the Vagina Monologues are funny..

Went to the dentist today , cooked chicken pot pie for a friend that
is having a baby & then Bible Study...

I ordered a therapy light today that is supposed to be good for seasonal
lack of sunlight. The reviews are excellent that it's helpful. Should be delivered on Wed.

I wonder how unhealthy it would be to drink 2 protein shakes
and then have a decent dinner each day for awhile. That
reminds me some of the Slim Fast diet I think.

Take care..Thanks for the hugs..Going to see my oldest boy tomorrow

ontarget
02-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Rhonda, tell that stranger I'm proud of him and wish him the best of success.

Nancy, it does sound like SF, doesn't it?

I made it through Day 2 sugar free. I did make some sf/ff chocolate pudding, though, to help me.

Tejas
02-11-2013, 11:26 PM
The show was a preview of the Vagina Monologues that will be playing here this weekend. It was well done.

Nancy, those lights do work; I bet you'll be pleased with it. Two protein shakes a day should be fine really. Just make sure you get some fiber in your diet. Do you know that you can add pasteurized egg whites to the shakes and get more protein?

Sandra, I'll tell him.

I made Shepherd's Pie for dinner, with sweet potatoes for the topping. it was very tasty.

ontarget
02-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm........

sloanie
02-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Hey chicks, I'm just getting home from my college class. It is going well, so far. It's late, so I'll check in tomorrow. Nighty night!

Tejas
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I came home from tap practice and saw that pictures of DH and me, from our teen years and from our honeymoon in '06, were missing from the top of the piano where they normally are. What a sweet guy---he's gone to Ft. Worth to have lunch with a friend he hasn't seen since the 90's and he must have taken the pictures to show to his friend. :)

ontarget
02-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Rhonda, that's sweet. Give Doyle a big "atta boy."

I'm doing well OP and am feeling so much better. Wish I weren't such a foodaholic.

Tejas
02-12-2013, 07:13 PM
My eating has been strange--Pb and toast; protein shake and banana; apple; spelt pretzels; piece of shepherd's pie----probably not enough food really.

I took a 2 hour nap, and talked for an hour with a good friend in Ottawa whose husband is very ill, with scleroderma, lymphoma, etc. They're having a hard time of course, but their love is strong and she is getting better about taking care of herself so she can take are of him. Life certainly has a lot of challenges.

sloanie
02-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Rhonda, you sure have a lot going on with your friends. I know it must be hard to be so far away from them. I am praying for them! I love the story about Doyle taking the pictures to show his friend. :val2: Those little things are what make us love our guys so much!

Sandra, glad you are OP and feeling better. How is Curtis' shoulder? :strong:

I had a really fun day :no: First, I went to have a full body check at the dermatologist and got a good report. Then, I went for my annual mammogram:fr: I won't hear from that for a few days. The best part of my day was talking on Face Time with DD. I love being able to see her face when we talk. I really miss her :cry:

Oh well, enough whining. Have a great night, chicks!

ontarget
02-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Rhonda, I know it's hard to be so far away from your friends. I am glad you're able to go up there as often as you do.

Sloan, Curtis' shoulder is getting better all the time. He's hoping to be able to start shooting this spring.

Tejas
02-12-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm watching the SOTU and checking out 3FC.

Sloan/Sandra, it is difficult to be away from these friends...I've known them for decades.

Sloan, it's funny that you mentioned your dermatology check because just this afternoon I thought that I need to schedule my appointment. I've never had such a check and find the thought of standing there stark naked a bit intimidating :lol: GLad to hear that you got to talk to your DD.

Sandra, glad to hear that Curtis's shoulder is better.

nancy237
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Sloan, it's funny that you mentioned your dermatology check because just this afternoon I thought that I need to schedule my appointment. I've never had such a check and find the thought of standing there stark naked a bit intimidating :lol: .

Believe it or not but just today I was thinking that it is time for my derm. checkup.. I grew up before sunscreen & we stayed at the lake all summer, burning & peeling..

Rhonda..love the story about Doyle & the pictures..now if he loses them it won't be so endearing !!

I went to see my son today in the mountains & brought back his dog for another stay at grandmas.. Got lots of sun in the car while driving and feel
100% better today..

sloanie
02-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Looks like I started somethin". I have a female dermatologist. I have been to a male before, and you are right Rhonda, it was not fun :yikes:

Tejas
02-13-2013, 02:13 PM
My dermatologist is female also. ;)

Glad you got some sun Nancy...what kind of dog does your son have?

ontarget
02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
I probably need a dermatologist, too. Right now, I am looking for a new gynecologist. Don't really want either one. :lol:

Nancy, I'm glad you're in better spirits. Curtis and I used to rejuvenate by taking a ride in the mountains. Can't wait to do that this summer!

nancy237
02-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Rhonda,
She is a lab mix that we rescued 3 years ago..
She is a great dog and even my cat likes her..

I have been cleaning today..
Trying to decide what to do now..
I have some boxes to go through in the garage,
but it's too cold & damp out there..

Tejas
02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
My dog Jake was a lab/border collie....they're just great.

Today I had:

B-protein shake, almond milk and frozen berries
L-Uncle Sam cereal, almond milk and banana
D-3 oz ham steak, asparagus, sweet potatoes, and canned, drained and rinsed pears

5 OZ red wine and 1.5 oz dark chocolate

I'd like to have more but I think I'll stop.

sloanie
02-13-2013, 10:08 PM
:chockiss::cheers::chockiss: My kind of dessert!

ontarget
02-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm

Tejas
02-13-2013, 10:50 PM
....had another 4 oz of wine just now, and headed to bed --- 'night

Vickie
02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's day 6 for me and so far so good. But, as you all know, it is NOT easy. Nothing to do but plug along. I have breakfast out with friends Saturday and will have to figure out what to order before I go. Tomorrow is some blood work so I hope my levels are all good. We had chicken chili last night and Core cornbread out of my freezer. Tonight will be fresh green beans, applesauce, lemon garlic chicken and oven fries. My cleaning lady is coming today and marinading the chicken works on a day like that.

Also have the electrician coming today. We think we blew out a switch....it was making zapping noises and stinks! Haven't used it since, just in case. Lots of little house things going on. If I didn't hate the idea of renting worse......

Rhonda, you're food looked good, though I'm not a drinker at all, I'd have been happy to share the dark chocolate. I have a couple of find lately that I adore. I mostly eat my Zone Double Dark Chocolate bar for my dessert at night but was getting bored. I found and L O V E, the Kind Dark Chocolate Cherry and Cashew bar and the Atkins Vanilla Fruit and Nut Bar (reminds me of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!) Not sure how many points they work out to but they are worth it to me because they are so good and are my dessert at night. I'm guessing they are in the 4-5 point range. How was reentry?

I haven't really been weighing or measuring but am eating the portion size or a trifle smaller from JC and making sure the ingredients are all healthy and lowfat.

Sloan, how's your class?

Nancy, let's see that cut and color.

Mary Ann, glad you're well and making progress.

Sandra, sugar free? I couldn't do it. Kudos to you.

Pam....what's up GF?

Time for me to walkie walkie!

ontarget
02-14-2013, 06:21 PM
:val2::val3::val1:

I hope each and every one of you is having a good day. We kept it simple, but it's been good. And the weather's cooperated!! It's a gorgeous day.

Vickie, your menus sound awesome! I am so excited that you're doing well. You sound in excellent spirits. As to my being sugar free--so far so good. I am not nearly as dedicated as I was before, but I'm just taking this one day at a time.

I'm heading out now to walk around in the sunshine. Life is good.

sloanie
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
:val1::val1::val1::val1::val1::val1::val1:

Darn that Valentines candy!

Tejas
02-14-2013, 10:01 PM
:val1:

ummm, chocolate!

I worked with the trainer again today, and I must say it's been tough getting back into it after all these weeks of not being regular with it and traveling. Tomorrow, I plan to start back on the elliptical in some routine manner. It has been over 7 months since my foot surgery and it still hurts. :(

Today I made a casserole: browned extra lean ground beef and ground turkey breast; onion; Roi-Tel; corn kernels; black beans; garlic, chili powder and cumin---on top, corn bread mix and 2% Mexican cheese...baked at 350F for 20 minutes. It was a bit dry but tasty.

We're watching the old movie "Death Takes a Holiday"

nancy237
02-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Happy Valentines Day !!!!

I had a nice day and went to dinner with 2 dear friends..

We split the special "dinner for 2" option three ways and had to carry home
a lot also.. Yummy food..

Even had wine to bring home..The waitress said it was fine to bring the bottle home just corked, but I am not so sure..anyway I made it..

Going to a see "Safe Haven" tomorrow and then a friend & grandson are spending the night. Playing paintball Saturday (first time) if he weather
is decent. The forecast isn't looking great.

Tejas
02-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Denton has a documentary film festival (the only one in Texas) and last night I went to see a short about a friend I have through my church. She runs a costume store here. It's just an amazing place and she has more imagination than any one human ought to have!

http://rosecostumes.com/

ontarget
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
We have a tournament here in our local area this weekend. Sounds like there's a lot going on with all of us.

Tejas
02-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Sandra, i saw that notice about the tournament...have fun.

I'm off to see another movie in the film festival...this one is about the BP oil spill, and I'm sure it will be depressing.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a newly-organized political meeting for the senate district.

Tonight we had breakfast for dinner--ham steak, scrambled eggs and pancakes with sf syrup. DH told me teh nutritionist said that sf syrup is better than light. Well, do tell :lol: