Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/175/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Exercise

I know you can not exercise on phase one...

I was on IP and lost 30lbs. I fell off the wagon and gained back about 10lbs. I need to lose about 15-20lbs at this point. My problem is that I have since joined a gym and I have been doing zumba 5 times a week for an hour. My HRM says I am burning 500-700 calories in that hour. I want to start back with IP but I am addicted to zumba at this point and I really dont want to give that up. I was thinking of starting back in Phase 2 so I could continue to exercise. It is more calories then Phase 1 but I really dont know if exercise of that intensity is allowed on Phase 2. And I dont know if I would see results starting in Phase 2. I asked my coach but honestly I know more about the diet then she does from reading these boards so much...

Can anyone please let me any advise???
barri1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barri1970 View Post
I know you can not exercise on phase one...

I was on IP and lost 30lbs. I fell off the wagon and gained back about 10lbs. I need to lose about 15-20lbs at this point. My problem is that I have since joined a gym and I have been doing zumba 5 times a week for an hour. My HRM says I am burning 500-700 calories in that hour. I want to start back with IP but I am addicted to zumba at this point and I really dont want to give that up. I was thinking of starting back in Phase 2 so I could continue to exercise. It is more calories then Phase 1 but I really dont know if exercise of that intensity is allowed on Phase 2. And I dont know if I would see results starting in Phase 2. I asked my coach but honestly I know more about the diet then she does from reading these boards so much...

Can anyone please let me any advise???
This comes up a lot

IP kind of requires that you choose between intense exercise and fast weight loss - you can't have it both ways. The calories are too low (and not really high enough even in Phase 2 to cover the muscle recovery needs) and the body doesn't have any glycogen stores to operate from while performing the exercise.

You could possibly look into the Athlete's Protocol for IP, but since you have so little to lose you'd really only be looking at taking about 2 months off from exercise to get where you want to be. That's a pretty small time investment in the grand scheme.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

I would exercise and increase your calories a bit. Lots of flab as a result of no exercise.....people dont tell you the truth, you will have allot of flab and saggy skin...I didnt have to lose a ton, about 30 lbs, and I have sagginess due to no exercise. I am 35 yrs old.....
I am exercising on Phase 2, I really don't need people to discourage it. I dont like how one looks when they are skinny-fat. thats just me though. Do what you feel is right for you, thats what I do
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
I would exercise and increase your calories a bit. Lots of flab as a result of no exercise.....people dont tell you the truth, you will have allot of flab and saggy skin...I didnt have to lose a ton, about 30 lbs, and I have sagginess due to no exercise. I am 35 yrs old.....
I am exercising on Phase 2, I really don't need people to discourage it. I dont like how one looks when they are skinny-fat. thats just me though. Do what you feel is right for you, thats what I do
I'm 40, I lost 70 pounds and I do not have saggy skin. It's genetics. She may not have anything to worry about.

Last edited by New Englander; 02-01-2013 at 02:28 PM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #5  

Default New Englander

Omg, you are 40? you look so great.....i wouldve never guessed. you are right it must be genetics I was just reflecting on my personal experience, but I think you are right that everyones different.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #6  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnalexander2 View Post
You are in right way to keep your body weight from excessive fat. From a survey it is estimated that after an hour every day we burn 350 – 900 calories. This technique is much more effective and less toilsome than gym and running daily. Taking Zumba hourly daily you can lose 1 pound per week effectively. In order to keep younger skin tone and healthy look you should ensure fruit’s and lemonade and healthy diet. Eggs, cereal, fruits and toast need to list on breakfast schedule. Chicken salad, spinach and tuna stuffed tomatoes can contribute beneficial effect for controlling body weight. Dinner list will be arranged with vegetables, grilled and roasted chicken or turkey and steak. Fish, shell fish, lean meats can is best as light protein in your diet listed. Beans, sweets potatoes, barley, eggplant, olive oil etc. those are also better for maintaining your healthy diet.
Um...am I still on the IP forum?
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Omg, you are 40? you look so great.....i wouldve never guessed. you are right it must be genetics I was just reflecting on my personal experience, but I think you are right that everyones different.
You're too sweet. Ty. I think losing the weight helped!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
I was just wondering the same thing...who is this guy???

Oh, I just noticed that he has links to "free e-books" so just another spammer...

Last edited by mrskuby; 02-01-2013 at 03:43 PM.
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Lol! You are...are they suppose to be!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

My first time around I didn't exercise as told, however, as I am an avid exerciser I have continued exercising during my reboot which is the Phase 1 protocol.

Some people mention having your extra packet after your workout. I actually have a "restricted" protein bar approx 30 min prior to my workout otherwise I wouldn't have the strength to do it, after my workout is I eat a hardboiled egg with salt.

A typical workout for me is 20 min cardio (either treadmill walk/run, or stairmaster) and then 20 min of weights. I do this mon - thurs and have been trying to fit yoga in on Fridays and Sundays.

Personally I feel better when I work out and I'm not looking for such a "quick" weightloss as I know it will eventually happen as the calories in Phase 1 are too low not to lose, also I feel this will give my body time to adjust to the weight and also tone as I go along.
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #11  

Default THin4me

i agree with you 100%. I lift weghts three days a week full body workout. I feel great and I am getting stronger and leaner. I just can't imagine not working out I have always exercised.....so I am an avid believer that exercise keeps you young. Everyones different though
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

And that is exactly why I say each person needs to decide between faster weight loss, and more intense exercise. The nature of IP is such that you are going to see slower losses with more intense exercise (every body is different, so that is going to mean different things to different people). Just as thin4me was perfectly fine with slower losses in exchange for the exercise, so each person has to decide what is important to them.

I personally chose not to add exercise until 2 weeks ago, and I did see a slowdown in my losses (case and point - this past week I was unable to exercise due to scheduling conflicts and lost 2.2lbs, the two weeks prior to that I was exercising 6 days out of 7 and saw 1lb or less losses both weeks). I am close enough to goal that I am not concerned about the slower losses. But I also know that I will have PLENTY of time for toning/tightening once I am in maintenance and eating the correct number of calories to support that level of activity. I'm not in a rush either way.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote