Faith Based Support Groups - Christian Encouragers ~ FEBRUARY 2013

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-01-2013, 01:08 PM
:angel: Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

:angel:

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
NOTE: I just noticed that today is the 1st day of FEBRUARY 2013, so I decided to start a new thread for this month. I am reposting today's post here for that reason too ... :D

:welcome: to our latest NEWBIES ~ glad you found us over here and decided to join us for a chat. We look forward to getting to know you both.

ROO ~ sounds like you have had great success; reaching your goal already. Now the other half of the equation is maintaining that healthier lifestyle (I am there with you on that now too).

NATALIE ~ congrats on finishing your course; hope you find the right job for you soon (yes, in GOD's timing; He knows best).

BOOTSIE ~ happy that your big gatheriing went so well for you. You're a busy girl as always. Good luck with that inventory. You are in our thoughts and prayers always ... :)

SYGIRL ~ you sound excited about your next educational journey; glad things are working out for you. Best wishes for a successful year coming up. Congrats on that one lb; and have fun on your anniversary trip. Sounds like things are busy at your church these days.

BARGOO ~ yes, I am feeling better each day. Am practicing walking around the main floor. Soon we will venture out for a shopping trip; one place we will be going to has some motorized carts/scooters so I won't get too tired as the store is mega-sized. Yes, it is a good idea not to throw everything away and I will be keeping a few things too.

HI NELLY ~ nice to see you drop by for a visit, even if it was short and sweet!

GARY ~ we are hoping and praying for good news for you & yours; hope you are feeling well this week ... :hug:

Called and arranged to have the chemo sessions set for Owen Sound as it is only 1 hour away from here -- it is the handiest and closest place of the 3 options he offered me. Now I just wait for the pertinent info and dates.

I am having some soup for lunch today; my eating is good and the flu has almost totally abated now (just a few sniffles). Some say this one has symptoms that can linger as long as 8/9 weeks; I pray not (my sis still has a bit of a cough yet though, but she is much better too). We spent yesterday morning giving the place a really good cleaning now that the workers have finally left. I did the dusting & organizing; and cleaning of the kitchen (wiping down the cupboards and applicances) -- all the small, easy jobs. I try to do a bit each day to increase my strength and flexibility ...

We have lovely :sunny: here today, but with colder temps. DH and BIL are gone on an errand and shopping trip, so us ladies are here holding down the fort. It is so quiet and peaceful here; we love it! Have a fantastic Friday everyone ... :hug:

LuvCats
02-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I wondered how the new threads worked around here, lol. I guess the first person to notice just does it?

Thanks for the welcome Rosebud and others who posted recently on the other thread. :)

Welcome Roo2. Jump in and post more often. :)

Well guess I'd better try to get myself motivated to exercise and do other stuff around here today. Hope you all have a blessed day.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I wondered how the new threads worked around here, lol. I guess the first person to notice just does it?

YES, that is exactly how it works around here; anyone can pitch in and help! You have a wonderful day too ... :hug:

ronni62
02-01-2013, 07:59 PM
oooops! I forgot to check for Feb. and had posted this on the Jan. thread!

Welcome to our newbies and hello to everyone else too! Sounds like things are looking up for most everyone-our God is so good to us!

DS3 & I were in town today. Of course, he had school classes at the ps for a couple hours and I had PT, which is starting to help a lot. Keeping up with the exercises at home helps the pain and they also sent a neck traction device home with me to use as needed. I have a very nice, Christian therapist and we have a fun time! Then, we did our grocery shopping and some for Mom too, as she's had a stomach flu for a couple days now. She has found out that she can no longer eat wheat at all. She had a couple saltines to try to calm her stomach and became very anxious and nervous. We've done much more research and found that there are many studies showing a link between wheat allergy and manic depression and schizophrenia. She's been off her meds for over 3 months now and has NO symptoms unless she eats something with wheat in it. I'm so glad God allowed me to have the wheat allergy, so I'd be doing research and finding out how to help my mom-we had lived with her mental health issues my entire life and it's so nice to have a normal mom now!

Well, DH has to do a midnight to 6 am half-shift tonight because one of the guys is sick, so he's resting before he has to go in. And, DS3 has a busy evening tomorrow...weight lifting for soccer team in the morning, worship team practice in the evening (he's playing lead guitar Sunday morning), then a dance at the school after that! My shy son has become one of the most popular kids! Amazing how things change....funniest thing is that he says all the kids think we're the coolest parents, because we teach him stuff and take him places! I just laugh, because I was THE least cool girl at my high school and college:lol:

Hope you all have a nice weekend! I'll be checking in, of course, because that GAME might be on, but I won't be watching very closely;)

Roo2
02-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone:hug:
Thanks for the nice warm welcome,Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

pattygirl63
02-02-2013, 01:16 AM
:welcome3:Newbies. Glad to have you here.

Sorry I missed being here the past few days. Enternet went out because of a storm that blew through here and had to have provider come in to fix it. He had to replace something on it.

Having back ad neck pain which I think is caused by all the work I've been doing to get my house back to normal now that the kids have moved bak to FL. Also getting things together so DH can do our income tax before he goes for surgery. I usually am more organized but haven't been for the past year. I am changing that this year. Already got things set up so that I'm organized this year.

I haven't been doing really good with my eating but going to get better organized with that too.

Praying for everyone and pray we all have a nice week end.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Gee, everyone must be busy this week (myself included). I have to go for my CT Scan on Thursday @ 2 pm; should go OK as long as we have good weather to the hospital. At least I can have breakfast before I go, then a 4 hour fast til the test; not too bad. Then I see the doctor (oncologist) exactly one week later to discuss the results and when the chemo starts. The date of the CT scan was changed, so things will be delayed a bit now.

We've had milder weather here lately. Hope the road are good this week, as my sister & BIL have a trip to Guelph over the next two day. My brother is coming over to stay with us. Poor guy -- his other knee is really getting bad; so they are arranging a surgery soon to see if they can fix it without replacing it. I surely hope so, as he has suffered with this for so many years. When we find out the date of the surgery, I'll put it in the PRAYER WARRIOR'S THREAD. I'll be doing the cooking the next two days, so he can keep his leg up.

I have been doing some walking around here each day; and trying to help out with little odd jobs, plus some cooking & baking this week. My sister says that my walking is improving a lot. Have to still take it easy in between though. Tomorrow will be a lighter day, I think.

Hope you are all well out there; take good care ... :D

ronni62
02-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Rosebud-will keep you in my prayers for the CT tomorrow and waiting for results. I'm so glad you're doing so well! Healing takes time, so don't worry about the slower days--you need them to re-energize.

We've just not had much going on here. Snow and ice, so didn't even get to church on Sunday again. Finally got our taxes completed, plus DS2's. And, finished up DH's resume and cover letter. He's applying for a job back in MN. Neither of us are sure whether it's the best thing to do, but the only way to find out what God's plan is is to apply and see if he gets offered the job. I'm afraid that he'll have a heart attack with all the stress from this workplace. Hard to believe that, after 27 years with this company, he'd even have to consider leaving, especially due to harassment, bad ethics in management, and hostile workplace. Don't know what they're teaching in business colleges now, but it sure isn't helping in the workplace. Sad, sorry state of affairs here, that's for sure.

Well, must go accomplish something......but, not sure what;) God bless you all!

bargoo
02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Rosebud, I will be praying for you tomorrow and for good results from your CT scan. Praying for your family members as well.
Ronni, praying for DH job situation.
Trish, praying that your husband will have a successful surgery.

pattygirl63
02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Rosebud :hug:Prayers continue for your CT scan and treatments.

EZMONEY
02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Pprayers for all my gals here!

My surgery date has been established. Feb. 25 at 3pm.

EZMONEY
02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Blessed Ash Wednesday :-)

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-14-2013, 12:07 AM
THANKS, EVERYONE -- sure appreciate all your prayers and support during this time ... :hug:

GARY -- thanks for the surgery update; will keep this date, along with you & your family & your surgical team in our prayers continually ... :hug:

RONNI -- THANKS, praying for your DH and you, concerning this new job opportunity and your future ... :hug:

ronni62
02-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi, everyone! Glad to hear about Gary's surgery date....keeping you in my prayers daily:hug: DH had an interesting day yesterday. He had to go to a safety committee meeting out of town (he's the chairman of this committee and has to go every other month). So, the 2 others who rode with him are both new to the plant/company and had some very interesting things to say about the management. Seems that many are very aware of the lack of ethics and poor management, etc, that's going on here right now, so our hope is that word keeps spreading and forces someone higher up to take a REAL look into the situation. Also, one of the men came to this company from the company that's advertising for new workers (which DH is applying for). Unfortunately, DH found out that the pay is quite a bit lower, but the worst part is that there are no real benefits-only basic health insurance, no life, dental, eye care, or retirement plans of any sort, so along with a cut in pay, we'd be paying through the nose to make up the difference in losing what we've got now. DH is still going to apply as he'd like to know if they foresee any improvements to the benefits soon, but it sounds more like he's going to just wait this company out and see if 1) a transfer opportunity arises -or- 2) something is done to make a huge change in the atmosphere/ethics at his current plant. He does try to document when unethical, bad practices, or unsafe things happen, so he'll have evidence if the need arises. Such a mess he ended up in-not sure what we're to be learning from this, but, since I believe everything happens for a reason and that God is in ultimate control, I know we're to be looking for the purpose. It's just hard sometimes when you're in the middle of it and don't know the reason or how to help. Reminds me of the old saying: When you're up to your buns in alligators, it's hard to remember that the prime objective was to drain the swamp.:dizzy:

No big plans for today. Just continuing to do the normal house stuff, taxes (almost forgot to do DS2's!), budget:p, and hoping spring really does come early this year.

:val3: Happy Valentine's Day! Remember we have the best valentine of all, Who gave His life out of love for us!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Reminds me of the old saying: When you're up to your buns in alligators, it's hard to remember that the prime objective was to drain the swamp.

:lol: RONNI -- that is so true! YES, I also believe that everything happens for a reason; and we all are supposed to be learning valuable lessons thru each and every experience we go through here on earth. Remember JESUS' words ... HE/she THAT OVERCOMES, will receive special rewards ... pp! See Revelations Chapters 2 & 3 (seven are mentioned there alone).

He also reminds us in John 16:33, that "HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD AND ALL IT'S TRIBULATIONS" pp (troubles and trials).

We are also being tested to see if we will (1) listen to Him, (2) trust Him, (3) obey Him by keeping his commandments & doing what He asks us to do, and (4) be faithful to Him, no matter what. He told us ahead that it wouldn't be easy; but He has offered us His help and His divine Peace, while we are going through these worldly problems.

We had one of those rough days here as well; DH still has trouble accepting that he can't drive anymore. So, he was very agitated; and I really had to remind myself of my strategies and prayed throughout the day. I decided to do a bit of housework as that has always helped me to get my mind off things. So I dust- mopped the floors in the am; and washed them lightly in the afternoon. My BIL and sister have all kinds of time-saving stuff here to make the job a whole lot easier.

Then for dinner, I made a Mock Lasagna Casserole from some leftover Italian Macaroni we made when my brother was here on Wednesday. Tasted just great and everyone loved it. I do this whenever I have lots of leftover pasta dishes like that. :)

BTW, our trip to the hospital for the CT SCAN went really well. Thanks for your prayers. After the last test results, I actually felt a bit apprehensive. Maybe I always will; but I surely hope not. PRAIZE GOD, the roads stayed clear for us all the way there and back. We took my sister's modern walker with a seat and I was able to go shopping in that place W=Mart and that was fun. I was able to get some real deals on tops and pants; and even got a lovely new coat for only $49.00 plus taxes.

I had mentioned to my sister that I thought that I'd never find another warm coat like the last one with its full lining of fake dark leopard fur, but GOD had another plan and fooled me -- oh, HE knew what I wanted. I found a nice taupe brown suede coat with hood and 100% fake sherpa lining (black). Had a good chuckle when I saw it; and thought that GOD must be having one too ... :D

So the next trip is to see the oncologist next Thursday for a follow-up exam and discuss chemo treatments too. We will be able to get more shopping in as we didn't get out of the hospital til well after 4 pm yesterday. We'll have more time to look for the things I missed.

Wanted to wish you all a belated :val3: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!:val3: Hope you all had a good one; we did. I got dark chocolate and praline peanuts for mine. Nice treat ... ;)

:bday2you:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN !:bday2you:

pattygirl63
02-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Rosebud I praise God for how He shows us His love and favor toward us. I can't tell you how many times the Lord has worked out little things like you experienced with the coat you wanted. I've learned to be alert to those things He does and make it a point to Praise Him and thank Him for it. The amazing thing is the more I see and Praise and Thank Him for them, it seems that He does them More. I often wonder if He does it because I'm watch for them and always acknowledge He did it or if He always did them and I never noticed them before. Bless God... He is such an awesome God and Father!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-16-2013, 02:47 PM
"... I praise God for how He shows us His love and favor toward us. I can't tell you how many times the Lord has worked out little things like you experienced with the coat you wanted. I've learned to be alert to those things He does and make it a point to Praise Him and thank Him for it. The amazing thing is the more I see and Praise and Thank Him for them, it seems that He does them More. I often wonder if He does it because I'm watch for them and always acknowledge He did it or if He always did them and I never noticed them before. Bless God... He is such an awesome God and Father!

TRISH ~ YES, I agree with that for sure; and to answer your querie -- I think it's a little of both! I just kept thinking that with GOD, you should never say never ... ;) becuz as we already know ... "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!" He is constantly showing me that we are to trust him in EVERYTHING -- the little things and the big ones too! :cool:

pattygirl63
02-17-2013, 02:07 AM
TRISH ~ YES, I agree with that for sure; and to answer your querie -- I think it's a little of both! I just kept thinking that with GOD, you should never say never ... ;) becuz as we already know ... "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!" He is constantly showing me that we are to trust him in EVERYTHING -- the little things and the big ones too! :cool:

I agree Rosebud and it is a constant process of learning to do just that.

Renee3
02-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm a newbie to this site and am on my journey to better health. So far, I am staying very focused and determined. Watching my portion size and eating healthier. Hope you all have a blessed day!

bargoo
02-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Renee and welcome !

pattygirl63
02-17-2013, 04:28 PM
:welcome3: Renee glad to have you here.

Spending today getting ready to go to Charlotte for DH surgery. Hope the weather will be good going and returning. We had a beautiful snow last evening but it is all melting away but will be 22 tonight so I hope it all drains away from the roads. Supposed to rain Tuesday and be in 20s that tlnight. I pray things go so well for DH that we can come home Tuesday. He did say there were things he could/might do to send him home since this is usually a go home the next day. I pray God's best in this situation.

I will write as soon as we return and get settled. Thanks everyone for you prayers and prayers continue for y'all.

bargoo
02-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Trish, praying for successful surgery for DH.

elvislover324
02-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Praying for you and your DH, pattygirl.

Welcome Renee!

EZMONEY
02-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Prayers for all of our upcoming surgeries!

Renee3
02-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! Prayers being said for your DH Trish. Have a safe trip.

Renee3
02-18-2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning from a cold PA farm. I am so ready for Spring. Had a very nice day yesterday that started with a wonderful church service based on prayer and how it can affect your life. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. Hope everyone has a great day and stay focused on your health!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-18-2013, 10:30 AM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ this is the post I tried to enter last night but I had a glitch in my PC -- first the "type in French setting" was accidently put on the keyboard by one of those shift+? things; what a pain in the butt they can be. :dizzy:

Then I accidentally (SP?) pressed the wireless internet function key and lost the internet. Just figured this out this AM after trying some other things like rebooting and troubleshooting, etc. PS ~ I just learned that you can spell "accidently" two ways, like I have here: the other is "accidentally". Yep, learning something new all the time ... :lol:

:welcome: RENEE ~ glad you joined us over here ... :)

TRISH -- prayers for a safe trip and successful surgery for your DH (TONI) ... :hug:

GARY -- prayers on the way for your surgery too; we have you surrounded in prayer well ahead of time, just like you all did for me. :hug:

This Thursday, I go to see the oncologist for the results of the blood tests and CT scan; hoping that will be fine, of course. Then he decides when I start the chemo treatments.

Just having a relaxing weekend at home; and spent an hour + doing prayers in one of my prayer groups. My sister made a lovely roast beef dinner tonight; yummy! May be grocery shopping tomorrow; it should be :sunny: again tomorrow, so that will be a nice day to go. I know DH loves it whenever we go out somewhere.

DH was a bit off this weekend, so we are fine-tuning his day; making it more structured like it was at home. We will be keeping him busier with smaller activities. Tonight, he was in a much better frame of mind. Now he is snoozing happily for the night -- yay ... :D

Thanks for all your prayers for both of us; they are so very needed and very appreciated too ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Sooo ... my Internet is working again -- yay! So annoying to have that happen just when you are posting a reply somewhere. Now I know why my PC was giving me such a hard time when I was praying in one of my prayer groups. Well, another lesson learned; every time something goes wrong, there is the opportunity to learn about these machines -- just as long as it's not too often ... ;)

I forgot that today is a civic holiday in our province of Ontario, called "FAMILY DAY", so many of the stores will be closed so we likely won't be shopping until Tuesday. However, we do have lovely :sunny: again; and that will be nice for those who are getting a day off to spend with their families today.

So, have a good one and take good care of your health, for sure ... :hug:

ronni62
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Renee-Welcome!

Prayers going up for all needs, especially the surgeries and chemo treatments upcoming.

Had a weird week last week-microwave exploded, toaster caught fire, one of the DS's amps fried itself, van's brake lights stuck on and the battery completely drained, and broken metal in the disposal, which may have been part of one of the blades.....so, since we all know trouble comes in 3's....that's 5, so I'm still waiting for #6:fr: Maybe it was actually the phone that quit working a couple weeks ago--I hope, I hope, because we can't afford anything else. Fortunately, it only took a day on the charger to recharge the van's battery and the battery hadn't frozen overnight when the temp in the garage was about 10ºF!

So, today, must be off to town to get a microwave and probably a toaster and phone too-$$$ ka-ching $$$!

Trying to get back on my good eating. My tummy issues have been a problem this past week, so I put on some 'weight' but starting to get the issues resolved-whew!! Who'd have thunk it would take over 2 weeks to get over accidentally eating whey?? Oh, well, live and learn.....

Have a great day! ttyl!

bargoo
02-18-2013, 01:08 PM
ronni, you are certainly faced with some challenges, I hope this is the last of them and you will be able to get a good price on the microwave and toaster and phone.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-18-2013, 02:35 PM
:hug: RONNI ~ well, looking on the bright side, you can pick them all up in one trip -- and that will save $$$ and time and hassle, right? :yes: Ya, they say "when it rains, it pours" but that can water your garden for ya so you don't have to. It's wise to look for those silver-linings in these things.

It's actually good that you are getting rid of those small appliances that are having electrical issues; they could start fires. I recall our electrician warning us about that. THANK GOD, these are all smaller items; you may be able to find some good deals at your local Wally Mart. Just before we left, our toaster handle refused to work; and we found a new one on a clearance sale for only $7.00. This is actually the best time for deals like that as stores want to get rid of all their old stock. :D

Lisarsmiles
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello! I haven't got a clue how to use this social media site, but this looked like a good place to start. Any ideas on how to get motivated to lose the serious extra poundage I'm carrying around? And, am I posting this properly? Help!

Renee3
02-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi Lisa! I'm new here too...I am losing by portion control and healthier choices..I am determined to do this!

Renee3
02-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Good morning everyone! Looks like we are going to get a little winter weather today. Off to church this morning for a UMW gathering. We have been making bedrolls for the homeless. It is such a joy to give them out. Have a blessed day and stay focused on your health!

bargoo
02-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Hello! I haven't got a clue how to use this social media site, but this looked like a good place to start. Any ideas on how to get motivated to lose the serious extra poundage I'm carrying around? And, am I posting this properly? Help!

Hi Welcome Lisa! Your post is just fine. Pick a diet plan that you will stick with, it's ok to experiment until you find what works for you.'This is a great forum for support.

Lisarsmiles
02-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Hey Renee3! Thanks for the reply. I like how you said you're making "healthier choices." I had definitely decided that I was going to avoid saying I was "on a diet" because that immediately puts me in the wrong frame of mind. "Diet" sounds like a restrictive jail sentence ... it even has the word "die" in it ... hehehe. Portion control is key too. I think I'm going to try and avoid processed foods as much as possible. Seems that nothing good comes from these products.

Lisarsmiles
02-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Good morning bargoo! So I survived day one and didn't mess up the Forum either ... good start! Based on your stats it looks like you've had good success with developing healthier habits. Got a tip for me that I can experiment with that worked well for you?

bargoo
02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Lisa, I tried all the diets, or so it seemed, some of them costing me a lot of money. I got tired of that and decided I would not pay to have someone to tell me what to eat. My solution calorie counting, reliable, flexible and FREE !
I have had a few bumps in the road but I am determined that I will not wear X size clothing again.

Lisarsmiles
02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
bargoo - not spending money on dieting sounds like a good plan to me! Or, the money not spent on the "plans" can be spent on healthier foods?! I also like the goal of never wearing X size clothing again ... I'm adding that to my list of pros! I also started a blog. I figured I may as well jump in with both feet!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-19-2013, 10:53 PM
:welcome2: LISA ~ don't worry; you can't do any harm to this site. ;) You will figure things out pretty quickly; and if you have any questions, just ask us -- we'd be glad to help you out.

I agree with BARGOO -- why spend money on stuff that you can get at your local grocery store? You can actually save $$$ by buying and preparing your own meals. I realize some people work long hours or don't like to cook, but you can learn to make quick meals fairly easily.

I like to make one pot dishes; and bake one pan meals with loads of veggies around lean roasts, pieces of chicken, or pork chops. Just pop in the oven and let it do the work for ya. You can make double batches and freeze one; and bake extra on your days off. I also love the flexibility of portions and calorie counting.

I'm not perfect, but it worked to get where I am today. If I make a mistake(s), I just continue on. It's the choices we make in the long run that matter. I have been eating a bit more lately to give my body some strength from my surgery. Now I will start to watch a bit more; but I'm just trying to maintain at this point until I start my chemo.

We went shopping today and picked up lots of veggies and fruit; plus some healthier snacks. I also picked up a deli chicken for dinner. So I got lots of walking in today, and my legs are a bit sore but they'll feel better soon. I'll rest them tomorrow to be good for our trip to the oncologist on Thursday.

Renee3
02-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Good morning everyone! Cold and windy here today.

Rosebud, I love using my crockpot for meals. I use it a few times a week. Easy, peasy clean-up.

Gave in to a small temptation yesterday :( but am back on track today. Hope the scale is my friend this week.

ronni62
02-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Hello, everyone and WELCOME to our newbies!

Well, I managed to get a microwave to replace the DOA one, plus a phone set to replace that DOA one, but didn't like the toasters at that store and didn't have time to go anywhere else. Our biggest problem is that all our appliances are white (yes, white-I do not like black or SS), so, of course, all the stores have now is black and SS. I had to settle for the black microwave, but, if I have to end up with black and white, I'm not throwing any SS in there to make things more :dizzy: looking. It's bad enough having practically orange maple cabinets and white countertops and tile that are older than Methuselah! But, of course, the REAL biggest problem is not having money to re-do the kitchen or anything else:p But, at least, we're mostly healthy, so the kitchen will be what it is.

We kinda got a major disappointment yesterday and not sure where we're going to go with it. DH has been offered the job he had applied for, but it's for $20,000 LESS per year than he's making now, plus no life, dental, or eye care insurances. We live paycheck to paycheck as it is, so can't really find a way to justify that kind of pay cut for the same work. Just disappointed as we had really hoped a new job would be the end of the problems with DH's job. If you all get time, please pray that we make the right decision on this and that if we end up staying here, SOMEONE somewhere would finally take a look at all the ethics complaints and fraud and DO something about it. Thanks in advance-I know you all are strong prayer warriors!

Well, must go work on dinner stuff. Making some 1000 Island dressing for my salads (I have to make my own everything now it seems) and think I'll make some beef stew for supper-mmmmmmm! If anyone has a recipe for GOOD beef and chicken bouillon that contains no wheat or dairy products, I'd really love to have it. Found out what I had contains whey and I've been sick 2 weeks. Finally starting to feel back to normal and the extra 'weight' has come off. I'll be reading labels more carefully again-don't know how that one slipped by me, but it was definitely a lesson learned.

Well, I seem to be rambling, so I'd better go.....maybe it's actually called procrastination, hmmmmmm?;) God bless! Have a great day!

Lisarsmiles
02-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey Ronni!

Thanks for the welcome ... glad to be here with you all! Being a part of this forum has already been a fantastic reminder for me that we are not alone. Others are wading through the same muddy waters we are trudging through.

I'll definitely be praying for DH. I am currently seeking employment also. In January I left the company I was working for because I was being asked to make administrative decisions that were contrary to my Christian values. Many are staying with the company because they just can't see a way to afford a period of joblessness. I'm walking by faith and not sight and find peace in having my testimony still intact.

Anyway, I'm using my "vacation" to focus on my personal health goals!

elvislover324
02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Rosebud, wishing you lots of prayers and positive thoughts for your trip to the oncologist tomorrow.:hug:

Renee3
02-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone is well today.

Rosebud, you are in my thoughts and prayers today......

Sometimes it's really hard to stay motivated, but usually I just close my eyes and remember why I want to be healthier...

bargoo
02-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Rosebud, you are in my prayers today .

Lisarsmiles
02-21-2013, 06:48 PM
A post from my blog ... let me know what you think or go right to my blog and add a comment:

Feeling sad? Have a cookie or two or twelve, the sugar seems to make you feel happier.

Need a hug but there's nobody who'll give you one? Have a burger with all the fixings, an overful stomach mimics a hug, right?

That's REPLACEMENT THERAPY. I've practiced this most of my life. Of course when I was younger, active, and motivated this was a practice that was balanced by all the days nothing needed replacing. Now that I'm older, less active, and lacking motivation I can't make excuses for it anymore. And somehow life has also found a way to bring more and more days where something needs replacing. Replacement Therapy always was a negative, destructive behavior and I need to stop ... now ... while I'm "older" but not yet "old."

It seems we're all dealt a hand to play in this life. Five cards: Chemistry, Connections, Circumstances, Consciousness, Choices. Our DNA, abusive relationships, financial distress, and negative thoughts are results of the first four cards. The fifth card is the "wild card." The Choices we make have the ability to change the suite and number on any of the other cards.

We may have health issues, but we can make healthier choices. We may have family/friend relationships that are a horror show, we can build better relationships. We may be in debt, but we can make strides to pull ourselves out of debt through fiscal responsibility. People may have filled our minds with mean-spirited comments and lies, we can chose to think about kindness and truth.

Today I am starting on a journey ... I'm turning it around. I am going to make better, healthier choices. Are you with me?

If you would like to watch the inspirational vid clip where I gleaned the five card concept, copy and past this link into your browser: youtu.be/ZPW3EB5U0bo

Renee3
02-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Excellent post Lisa.....I too, am starting on a journey....I am with you!

Renee3
02-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Good morning...hope you all have a blessed day!

ronni62
02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Hello, everyone....

Just sitting here watching the Nascar truck race and facebooking and 3fc'ing;)

Well, we had a prayer answered today....apparently, the manager at the company offered the job to everyone he talked to and gave it to the first one to call him back. Never heard of that in this industry before--everyone always has at least 2 face-to-face interviews first. So, I feel incredibly relieved that God closed this door without making us wait and worry for more than a few days. He knows what we need and a huge pay cut wasn't in the plan right now. DH's counselor advised us to see an attorney about the situation at his work, so that may be the direction we're being shown--will be praying about that.

Keeping you all in my prayers! God bless!

Lisarsmiles
02-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Excellent post Lisa.....I too, am starting on a journey....I am with you!

Renee: So glad you're along on this journey with me! Hope you had a day full of good choices! :hug:

Renee3
02-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Hello everyone from a cold and damp PA. Had a good week...the scale went in the right direction even though I had a couple of minor slips. I will do better in the coming week.

Ronni 62, I hope everything works out for you.

Lisa, keep on posting! You keep me motivated :)

bargoo
02-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Hello, everyone....

Just sitting here watching the Nascar truck race and facebooking and 3fc'ing;)

Well, we had a prayer answered today....apparently, the manager at the company offered the job to everyone he talked to and gave it to the first one to call him back. Never heard of that in this industry before--everyone always has at least 2 face-to-face interviews first. So, I feel incredibly relieved that God closed this door without making us wait and worry for more than a few days. He knows what we need and a huge pay cut wasn't in the plan right now. DH's counselor advised us to see an attorney about the situation at his work, so that may be the direction we're being shown--will be praying about th

Keeping you all in my prayers! God bless!

Ronni, God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.

Lisarsmiles
02-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Decide To Dance!

I’m in no shape to dance. Things wiggle and jiggle and my knees are constantly in jeopardy…but I love to dance! Watching reality dance shows just makes me more amped to get up and shake it! So, I’ve decided to dance some pounds away!

The athletes on “So You Think You Can Dance” make their bodies move in ways that are amazing and nearly unbelievable. And anyone who is an avid viewer of the show is familiar with National Dance Day. This year, I’m going to participate…somewhere, somehow! I’m going to learn the simple choreography and celebrate dancing and life and hopefully some lost pounds! The official routines aren’t available yet, I’ll keep you posted. Anyone else want to DECIDE TO DANCE? We have till July 27th to shape up and make plans.

Visit the official National Dance Day site here: dizzyfeetfoundation.org/national-dance-day-2013

This is my latest Blog post. Hope you'll visit my Blog and comment!

Renee3
02-24-2013, 07:32 AM
I am not a dancer, but I love watching SYTYCD, I wonder if it's going to be on this year? DWTS starts soon...I watch that one too. Hope you all have a blessed day!

pattygirl63
02-24-2013, 03:44 PM
You know Mark Sisson Primal guru, says you don't have to do actual exercise... he suggests finding something you like to do that is fun. Seeing your post Lisa made me realize that I always loved to dance. No I don't want to dance in public or a tv show, but I could turn music on and dance around the house. I knew someone once who danced through the house as she did her house work. Thanks for the reminder.

Bootsie
02-24-2013, 05:13 PM
I dance in my car with my upper half listening to Elvis at stop lights. I don't dance in public except at stop lights, LOL! I wiggle and I dance doing housework it makes housework more fun, hate housework, I know I should love it but I rightly never did! Dancing makes it easier.:dancer:I agree an exercise you love to do is the best!

This week, I am working on my breakfast making and planning to make it healthy and around 300 calories, next week going to work on Lunch. Also going to study portion sizes this week, for I really don't want to count calories for the rest of my life.:boxing: would rather fight counting calories by learning portion sizes:flow1:

Renee3
02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Bootsie...I don't count calories..I know how to eat healthy. For me it's all about portion size and eating small meals through out the day so I don't feel starved when I sit down for a meal. You can do it!

Lisarsmiles
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Renee, Pattygirl, and Bootsie:

What fun to hear about you gals dancing around the house and in the car! So true that if the "exercise" isn't fun we won't keep active. Guess we should look at being active as "play time" and that might help us make the healthier choice to participate?! I am a fan of my Wii! I use the Wii Fit, Sports, Sport Resort, Just Dance, and I just got Zumba!

Thanks for the reminder about paying attention to portion sizes. It does make healthier eating so much easier.

Renee3
02-26-2013, 07:13 AM
More rain and snow here today. But, everyday is a blessed one. Praise be to God!

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-26-2013, 07:55 PM
:wave: HEY EVERYONE ~ I agree with you all about the portions sizes too; my meals in themselves are all OK and healthy. I usually have only one serving but if I am really hungry, I don't mind having some more salad, or veggies, or even a little more meat (just limit the grain/starch carbs there).

My nemesis is SNACKING; and yes, it's sometimes the choices, but mostly the portions sizes that I must work on disciplining all the time. I am such an emotional eater -- I get upset or stressed, and find myself "GRAZING" too much. Before I know it, I have eaten more than I had planned to. I am still a work in progress; may always be, I think.

Have to constantly put my PRAY & PRAISE & SING & SCRIPTURE MEDITATION techniques into actions when I am anxious or stressed. As you already know, my DH's symptoms of Alzheimers are the biggest stress in my life -- yes, even more than the cancer. Why? Becuz they never end, and we never know each day what we will be dealing with; and he's getting worse as times go by. It's hard to calm him down; hard to keep him busy; hard to get him to listen to us; hard to get any rest or sleep or peace, at times too.

It would take a book to explain all his symptoms each day. A great day is when his symptoms are mild for one whole 24 hour period. A lady at my BIL's church has worked with Alzheimer patients specifically, and she is looking into a structured day program for us. I have already talked to him about it, and he also thinks it's a good idea. They do all kind of activities and therapies that will keep him busy and give him some coping skills.

I wish we had something like that at home; haven't found one yet, but there are other programs that he and I could go to together for his other symptoms that could be a great help to him and me, I think. Will look into that program as soon as get back home too.

Anyhow, had a good day -- only a bit of mild nausea a few times for only a few minutes, so that was fantastic. I made some homemade soup for lunch with leftovers and it was great; and then made a banana tea loaf for everyone to snack on with leftover ripe bananas; and finally, I made some "tomato patties" (a family favorite) dish for dinner, which is served with mash potatoes and coleslaw. I put the corn in with the meat dish like I do at home. May have some green beans but there is at least two veggies with this meal already, so we'll see. Yes, decided to make green beans on the side, as DH doesn't like salad of any kind, and they are so low in calories and good for us too. ;)

Hope you all have had a great week so far; take good care & and be kind to yourself today ... :hug:

Renee3
02-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Rosebud....when I need a snack, I grab a chocolate ricecake. Satisfies my need for something sweet and crunchy with only 60 calories. They also make a caramel one. I also try to not have any temptations in the house, though that may not be possible if you have children. Stay focused on your health!

wilma12
02-27-2013, 10:41 AM
I hear you about the snacking. I was craving something salty last night and was so glad that I don't keep things that tempt me in the house. I do keep a treat that I'm allowed once a day and once I've had that no more! I like that what I allow myself is a portion and I know the calories it contains.

You're doing really well Rosebud. I keep you in my prayers daily.

bargoo
02-27-2013, 12:08 PM
It is Gary's birthday today. Being in the hospital on his birthday , but God is with him.

Renee3
02-27-2013, 12:28 PM
No fun being in the hospital on your birthday or any day :) Gary is in my thoughts and prayers.

Justwant2Bhealthy
02-27-2013, 04:06 PM
:D Yes, it's GARY'S birthday today and this is GOD'S gift to him -- to get that tumor out and his health back; just like He did for me on Christmas Eve and Day -- I considered that the greatest gift of all getting that 100 lb tumor out of my body. I think GARY will likely feel the same. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARY ... and get well soon!:hug:

ABOUT THE SNACKS -- at home, I can limit what I buy but we are living somewhere else right now while I get my chemo treatments done; so I am the one who has to really discipline myself on what I eat. Last time, we went shopping, I picked up some healthier snacks, like UNsalted nuts and lots of fruit, etc. So, that will be my strategy and it is working better, I think.

Thanks for the tips; I have been battling this for a long time but some strategies only work at home, not in public or at other peoples' homes where they have a right to eat what they want. I am the one who has to learn coping strategies to make better choices ... :shrug:

Next time I go shopping, I will be picking up more veggies too; building up the basics, so-to-speak. Will buy some fresh and some frozen, and even some in cans or jars, if needs be. Whatever helps. I will look into some of the lower calorie baked snacks too. I have already switched to some that don't tempt me so much like wg soda crackers, etc.

Planning is key here I think ... plan, plan, and plan some more. :lol:

Renee3
02-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Have a blessed day everyone! Keep looking forward:)

Lisarsmiles
03-04-2013, 04:59 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm still keeping healthy choices at the top of my daily list of things to do...woot woot!

I had a busy weekend! We rescued a Cockatiel and we have been working to get him acclimated to his new healthy and safe environment. Our other Cockatiel is also getting used to having company. His name is Herbie and he keeps surprising us with what he can do. He makes an awesome wolf whistle and has shared a fun vocabulary. He says: "Hey Herbie" "Hey there Herbie" and "Pretty Bird"! We tracked down information from his leg banding and he is almost 10 years old.

Time to go play my Wii! Thinking of you all! :goodvibes

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
LISA ~ come on over the new MARCH Christian Encouragers thread; we start a new one in this forum for each month. Here's a link to it ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/276706-christian-encouragers-march-thread.html