I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Ahhhh.....Sweetest month of the year.
Filled with romance & Jen's birthday!!

I did a lot in 2 days and finished early today.
But I was smart enough not to add food shopping this morning.
See??? I am learning. All things in moderation.
Jen was glad too and stayed snuggled in her bed.
She is smarter than I am
I am pleasantly surprised at the cooperation I got downstairs.
It made things go a lot easier for me.
Now I am planning on a LONG weekend beginning now.

I am going back to read your latest adventures but won't be doing personals.
I'll just begin from here tomorrow. Hope you don't mind.
HAPPY FEBRUARY FIRST
Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Mel - Glad you got a lot done, and got a lot of cooperation from downstairs. Now go relax the rest of the day.

I've got lots of work to get done. Well, the project itself isn't too big, but remembering how to write the code when it's been years...that's the challenge. I'll manage. Going to do my grocery shopping after work, then pick up Santa. Tomorrow, I'll be dropping Santa back off with my ex for the entire day as I'll be going to Madison (about a 2 hour drive each way) to get together with some friends. Then Sunday, it's back over to the Ex's to do laundry - might as well take advantage of the free laundry while I can because I would bet when the gf moves in with him, that'll put the kabosh on a few things...but they did promise they'd continue to watch Santa when I needed them to.

Two weeks from today, I'll be a single woman again. It is bittersweet. I'm sad that the marriage ended...but I am excited about all the possibilities for my future.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #4  
Happy September

PICK YOUR POISON AND LETS SIT DOWN FOR A CHAT....
I KNOW I SAID NO PERSONALS BUT I COULDN'T RESIST AFTER READING. LOL

HAPPY....GLAD YOU LEFT THE JOB BEFORE THE FEET WON OUT!!
GOOD LUCK ON THE GARAGE GYM.
I WILL JOIN THE BOTH OF YOU ON A JOURNEY IF YOU WANT TO SHARE.
AS FOR HOT DOGS....MY HUBBY & I HAD A TRUCK AND SOLD ON WEEKENDS BY THE HUDSON RIVER ON THE DOWNTOWN NYC SIDE.
BETWEEN THE WEATHER, PEOPLE'S ATTITUDES AND CLEANING UP THE JOINT....
WHAT A JOB!! FOR THE LONGEST TIME I NEVER WANTED TO SMELL ANOTHER SABRETT AGAIN!!! ROFLMAO
I LOVED THAT OWL PIC TOO. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR "SNOW GLOBE".

SHAD.....HOW IS THE NEW BABY??
DID SHE SEE HER WELCOMING PIC??? LOL
SOMETIMES I WISH THE POWERE WOULD GO OFF HERE WHEN IT'S TIME TO HOOVER!
HOW'S THE JOB GOING....I SEE YOU'RE STILL THERE??
NO RESIGNATION THEN OR HAVE I MISSED A POST??
HOW WERE THE HOT BUNS?????:frool:
LET ME KNOW A GOOD TIME AND DAY.

ANNIE....SO SORRY FOR SIS AND THE FRIGGING MESS. POOR CURTIS TOO.
HOPE YOUR DRAMA STUFF HAS CALMED DOWN. MINE HAS.
YOU ARE AMBITIOUS & A WORKAHOLIC!!
HOPE DAD APPRECIATES HIS NEW ROOM.
AND THE FAMILY APPRECIATES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LITTLE BY LITTLE THE MAGAZINES ARE GOING DOWNSTAIRS.
THEY WANT TO WATCH LEAVE IT TO BEAVER TOO.
YOU DID A GREAT JOB!! THANKS!!

CEEJAY.....THIS WEATHER IS SCARY IN SO MANY PLACES.
BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT I LOVE THE MILDER TEMPS THIS WINTER.
THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I WISH I HAD A FRIEND IN REAL LIFE LIKE YOU.
YOU'RE A GOOD FRIEND TO DO ALL THIS STUFF FOR YOUR FRIEND.
I CALL THEM SCORE POINTS FOR HEAVEN!!!
GLAD YOU CAUGHT THE TANKS BEFORE THEY RAN DRY!!
BUT I HAD TO LAUGH AT THE SCRABBLE PART!!!

LAURA...I LOVE THE CHANGES IN THE "OFFICE". OMG!!
THAT ROOM IS GREAT AND YOU GUYS DID A FABULOUS JOB.
VERY NICE PICS. MAKES ME WANT TO CLEAN OUT MY LIVINGROOM!!!

OK. I THINK I AM ALL CAUGHT UP. HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-01-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #5  
Happy September

MICHELLE.... I WANTED THIS TO BE A SEPARATE POST.
I DIDN'T WANT TO PREACH IN FRONT OF THE GIRLS....ROFLMAO

IN TWO WEEKS YOU WILL BE WONDER WOMAN!!
WE'LL HELP YOU THRU THIS IF IT KILLS YOU!! LOL

HANG TOUGH AND STAY STRONG.
NEW TIMES AND NEW FEELINGS ARE A STONE'S THROW AWAY.
I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS.
YOU LOOK IN THAT MIRROR EVERY DAY & TELL YOURSELF SOMETHING POSITIVE.
(and you better pay attention to your own compliments)

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #6  

Good Morning all. Happy Friday! TGIF.

Mel - Thanks for setting us up for February. I like the graphics! Glad the past couple days were productive - your post yesterday didn't sound quite as positive. Enjoy your long weekend.

Michelle - Nice little getaway for you tomorrow. Weather permitting, I might be going to Madison to get together with some friends next weekend. We did it last year too and it was nice to get away for a day. You've probably heard this, but Downton is like a typical soap opera/drama, but the setting in the UK and during WWI makes it interesting to me. I totally sympathize about walking the dog in this bitter cold weather - if bf and I had a way of exercising Coal without being out in the cold, we'd do it. I'm sure Santa is thrilled to spend time with his buddies at the ex's place.

Annie - Hope you can use tonight & Saturday to get some relaxation & de-stressing time, and to get the sinuses back in shape. I really am not the person to help with anything paperwork related. I still have to deal with some paperwork that had been in boxes on the floor and sitting all over a table in our "before" home office. And at work, there are a couple obnoxious types who are apparently shocked by all the paper on my desk (and I'm sure there are others who keep their thoughts to themselves), so I'm just not good with keeping only what's needed. But I now what I have and where it is, and that's what matters...oops, sorry for that rant. So what color is your dad's freshly painted bedroom?

Hellos to the rest of you. Guess I'll see who snuck in on me once I finally get this posted...

Not much to report from here. The Finance group (CFO's depts) in our office is having a weight loss contest. It begins today. I think the boss is going to participate. I'm not on board because I just don't trust the confidentiality of weigh-ins. Our entire office has been offered WW at work, but they need to get 20 people on board to do it. I think the rates are discounted, and the co. will reimburse 50% if you attend 85% of the meetings. I'm not really into counting points - it's enough to just count calories, if you ask me. And again, I'm not quite sure I care to share my journey with co-workers. I think I'll continue on my own.

Not that I'm making much weight loss progress lately. Been at a relative standstill, and the past three weeks haven't been good for food or exercise. Back to it!! Last night bf picked me up at the train station and we went directly to the market and picked up a good amount of fresh produce and deli items. This is the place that's a zoo on the weekends, but when we went last night, it was not crowded at all. Bf and I have decided to try and make this a regular weekly thing.

Okay, I have an 11 am meeting to prep for. Off I go! Everyone have a great weekend.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I had to laugh when you mentioned how you're enjoying the milder temps this winter. I wish we had more mild temps. The mid-50 temps we had earlier in the week seem like a lifetime ago. I am looking forward to an end to the below zero and single digit temp days. Too funny that you made your post to me separate because you didn't want to preach in front of everyone. I feel bad about my part in the demise of the relationship...but as Shad reminds me...it usually does take two to make it work or make it not work, and I'm not wholly to blame. In general, I'm really doing mostly great! I am mostly positive and upbeat. I am realizing that I am way stronger than I ever thought I was...and I'm really excited about moving back to CA and starting a new life.

Laura - "Weather permitting". Isn't that always how it is around here? We can't trust the weather forecast, and therefore, we can't make firm plans too far in advance because it all depends on the weather. As for walking the dog without being out in the cold...I've seen things on tv where people put their dogs on treadmills! I don't have a treadmill, or you'd better believe I'd be trying it out. Luckily, when it's bitter cold or rainy out, Santa doesn't like to be outside very long...so he does his business quickly. Good for you and bf going to the store last night to get fresh stuff.

Annie - I'm with Laura...try and use tonight and tomorrow to relax and de-stress. okay, sista?

I went through 6 book boxes last night, and am donating half of the books to the library. Okay...so I didn't reduce the boxes by 1/3, but 1/2 is pretty good. And I'm using much smaller boxes because some of those book boxes even though they were small were still back-breaking for me. I have a lot more to do, but I'll chip away at it tonight and Sunday.

Much love to all,
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #8  
Creating a Healthier Me

I saw this on Facebook....and just had to post it for Laura and any other Downton Abbey fans:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-sesame-str...005730445.html
Old 02-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #9  

Mel - Unfortunately, those frozen drinks just don't appeal to me at the moment because it's so darn cold today. For some reason, my knees are feeling cold! And I'm wearing jeans with longies underneath! Right now I have my scarf draped over my knees. Maybe tomorow - it's supposed to be in the 20's!

Michelle - Very cute video! Thanks for posting that. Good job getting rid of half the books! And you're so right - small boxes are a must for packing books. When I get around to it, I need to go through our shelves. We use the library a LOT, but we still have quite a few books. I'm sure some could go!

====
Well girls, I changed my mind and joined the weight loss challenge here at work! A second (more trustworthy) person was announced as the record keeper (i.e., weigher) and so that put my mind at ease. Next weigh-in is 3/1 and if I gain, I have to pay $10. Probably not a huge worry - I weighed in right after I ate lunch, wearing my jeans, longies, my boiled wool sweater over my turtleneck... No shoes though!

Okay, back to work.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #10  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

Thanks for starting the new thread Mel. I have been trying to post all day but there have been a series of interuptions. Now I am about to go make some beef tacos for dinner. Will come back later and finish up.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick fly past for me right now. Hope to get back soon. How did my life get so busy???

Thanks for starting up the new thread Mel.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Thanks for starting the new thread. And glad you made time to rest and relax.

Happy
Taco's sound good. And by the way I like the purple high lights Saw it on FB.

Michelle
I'm proud of you for getting those boxes emptied. Books can be heavy so be careful of your back.

Annie
Has your dad moved in with you yet? I'm curious toa bout what color was chosen for your dad's room.

Laura
Good for you in joining WW at work.

-------
Had an interesting week end so far. Trip to the dermatologist was a little torture but I don't have to go back unless I want to. I do have some more places that need to come off but I'm pleased with what's been done.

Afterwards my bff and her step daughter and grand daughter went out for pizza. The pizza was cold. That night we went for catfish. yum. We caught up on things. I heard her talking on the phone but didn't know to whom. It was another friend. We all went to breakfast this morning.
Stopped by the doctor's office to pick up my lab results from a couple of weeks ago. Things were mostly good. Still need to work on the hdl and calcium.

When I got home my package from MRC was in the door. I will start this tomorrow.

I'm thankful I cleaned house Wednesday night. It looked good today when I came home.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #13  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Night/Morning all....

Crazy stuff here....35 car/truck smashem up do to white squalls on I70 just east of Indy...called my kiddos and relatives that could possibly be involved...alll good. My son exited to go to the bank and saw firetrucks going by to go down 70....had he stayed on the highway he would of been involved. I told him he certainly had gaurdian angels floating all around him including my momma. He agreed.

Our move at work has been moved back to Feb 22. Cannot get the new suite ready for us till then. Granted we will be stuffed in like sardines. All of us in offices will be in cubicles....that will be just great as we are all on phone conferences all the time....head phones for sure. Still will be noisy. Blah. AND no conference room in the new suite as there is no room...supposed to get remedied in a few months...what eva.

MELLIE...thank you for starting the new thread. If I knew you were going to start with my suggestion I would of thought of something more clever. Work/home sh*t has my mind not working to it's fullest...lol

CEEG...good luck with MRC..let us know how well you do with it. Nice to come home to a clean house and not have to fret over it.

SHADDIE....life can get in the way with the things we would rather do...I can attest to that...no worries.

HAPPY....love beef tacos...will be there in time for leftovers...save me two and three for C. Thank you in advance.

LAURA...glad you can trust someone to do the WW at work program. Do well for us chickies...no pressure..but we are cheering you on...

CHELLE...here is some energy power to get things done this weekend before you get "cut off" from the free stuff.

Posting before I lose...to be continued.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

So good news...bad news on the dad front.

My brother that is sharing the 6 month with dad is changing jobs AGAIN. He will be moving from KY with his son back to INDY. He has neogiated a new position with full pay, benefits with a company not too far from Indy. SOOOOOOOOO he and his wife (the bro from the band) are moving back to INDY. Until they can find a place to live they are going to move in with dad until they find a place which means dad moving in with us will be delayed until they find a place. That takes the heat off of me and C getting this place ready for dad, however we are going to keep rolling so we do not have to do it at the last minute. We are taking crap to goodwill on Sunday and changing out the bed situation. I will do the final trim paint on dad's room and bath within the next two weekends and have his room ready to go. Will get the shower rod and new curtain installed also...so when the time comes, it can happen...if it doesn't happen..my work is done on those two rooms anyway....I am sad dad is not coming sooner as I was physched up to his arrival.

Sam's SOs grandpa passed away today so I can see babysitting in the near future for the viewing/funeral, unless it is during my work hours....not taking time off for that....have to think of me first...sounds selfish, but have too many other things that I may need my time for.

Guess I had better get off of here and fold the towels that I am sure are dry in the dryer. Got another load to go. blah.

Hey to all..

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
thought I would pop in and do personals before I fall asleep on the couch. I've been down to the markets today and then to the grocery store. Bought the little greatniece a pressy and then thought that I couldn't leave the other one out, so she got one too. Bought veges and fruit for the week. Not looking to buy too much because I am still not sure how long I will be here for. It could be till the end of the contract or someone may come up with an interview for the other two jobs I have put in for, or someone else might enter the scene.

Mel - I am home next weekend 9-10th Feb. So either of those days will suit. Let me know what suits you best.

Happy - saw your purple head on facebook. It is looking good. Well done. Nothing like a burst of colour in the middle of a dreary winter.

Ceejay - you just reminded me I need to reschedule a skin scan. Glad yours went well.

Michelle - well done on the books. You don't want to drag a whole heap of stuff back across country. We can always replace stuff.

Laura - good for you joining the weight loss challenge. Hope it goes well for you.

Annie - always good to have a bit more time up your sleeve. I am sure it will look lovely when it is finished. Your office move is the stuff nightmares are made of.

With that, I am off for a cuppa tea, a couple of hours with my book, and then off to bed. TV is lousy tonight.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote