Chicks up for a Challenge - February 2013 Challenge to Stay On Plan - Daily Check In

GettinFit
02-01-2013, 10:12 AM
I can't believe it's already February!

Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following. Everyone is welcome to join in.

February 2013 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise for the month. Be sure to come here to the board if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise every week.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling (like me), why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so let's all have a great month!!!

GettinFit
02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
OK so the first two weeks of Jan was awesome for me but I lost it in the third week and have been struggling since. Today I am making a turnaround and getting control.

Here are my monthly goals:

1. Get control of my eating
2. No eating after 7:30
3. Workout at least 4 times a week for at least 30 mins
4. Limit sugar
5. Eat more fruits & veggies
6. Post here daily
7. Drink at least 6 glasses of water

I hope everyone has a great month.

ImImportant
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi,
I'm in. I have been way off plan for the last three weeks or so.
My plan will be:

1. Recalculate my caloric intake requirements.
2. Get my sweet tooth in check by cutting down on my sweets.
3. Weigh in every day to get an idea of my normal fluctuations.
4. Increase Nike Fuel to 3500 and hit the goal every day.

GettinFit
02-01-2013, 12:08 PM
ImImportant - I hope we both have a great month!

ImImportant
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm looking forward to this. I need the accountability to stay on track.

GettinFit
02-01-2013, 04:58 PM
So far so good for me today. It's going to be a challenging weekend for me because I'm going to a bridal shower tomorrow and to a Superbowl party on Sunday. I plan to stay in control and make good choices though.

LuvCats
02-01-2013, 05:14 PM
I'm in.

1. Goal to end the month lower than I am now... 3-5 pounds at least. I'd love to see more but we'll see.
2. Keep exercising daily.... minimum 6 days a week with at least walking.
3. Post daily when I'm at home. I will be out of town a few times including the 27th-March 2nd and not sure whether I'll be on at those times or not.

We can do this! :)

Novus
02-01-2013, 08:02 PM
GettinFit - Our stats are so close (weight, height, goal) that I'm really interested in following your progress! :)

My February goals:
1. Continue to plan all my meals and log them on spark. Right now, this is hugely important!
2. Exercise two days a week. (I'm just starting to add exercise to my routine this month and I'm not sure how often I'm going to be able to do this. I have a part time evening job that may conflict with some of the exercise I want to do, like a water aerobics class at the gym.)
3. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds this month, but I think it's more realistic to say 5.
4. Post my progress on this thread at least twice a week. I'm going to try for every day but I think my schedule is going to be pretty crazy.

I look forward to working the way through this month with everyone. Good luck!

Ross111104
02-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Ok ladies! February is our month! I am committing to:

-staying within my caloric allowance
-working out 4 times a week
-staying consistent and not cheating myself
-lose 10 lbs!!!!
Whoo I mean if I do the first 3 then the fourth should be doable right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

girlpenny
02-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm in for support with my weight loss plan for February. I set 2013 as the year that I will lose the extra pounds and establish a lifestyle that will maintain my healthy goal weight.

Had really been off track for some time. The weight was climbing so I knew I had to make a firm commitment.

Reading everyone's posts is a real boost to my motivation. Thanks.

RachelRawr
02-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm back for another month!! February is going to be awesome!

Goals for the month:
Track food daily with My Fitness Pal
Make sure my calories are at least in the green at the end of the day, with hopefully a few hundred left
Continue and be consistent with c25k
Check in this thread regularly
Work out at least 5 days a week
Watch my fat intake
Lose 6 lbs (started at 225.5)

So I started this month off pretty awful food wise. I went out to eat for lunch AND dinner. So as punishment I made myself walk it off. LOL. I walked for an hour and 48 minutes and burned off 677 calories and ended up in the green (only by 33...but it's still good to see a green number instead of the red 644 I had before the walk). I know i'm going to be sore tomorrow...but for now i'm feeling pretty great. A couple months ago I would have just said "well, today was a bust...i'll do better tomorrow". Instead, I pushed myself to put in the work. Super proud of myself! :carrot:

Looking forward to this month and chatting with you guys! :hug:

ImImportant
02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Feb. 1 was a rough start. I had sweets in the house and thought I could eat more because I had calories left for the day. I ate more too much so I threw th rest in the trash so that I could avoid temptation.

I woke up this morning and had a good high protein brunch. I am full and hope that I can maintain for the day. Tomorrow is the Big Game and I think I will fill up on protein and veggies just before I go to the party. That way I won't be tempted to overheat all of the traditional game day snacks.

LuvCats
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Glad you are joining us on this journey, girlpenny!

WTG on the exercise RachelRawr.

Great job restarting today, ImImportant.

Took the dog for a walk... a bit over a mile. Very enjoyable on a nice, sunny day in February. Got home and daughter has tantalizing triple berry muffins just out of the oven. Uggh.... too many points for the muffin alone. So I am going to resist the smell and go get my lunch. Lol and maybe do a bit of elliptical later too.

Have a great day everyone!! :)

Kaitie9399
02-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi! I'm in, well, in yes....not participating for a few days. Hopefully this illness will pass and I can get myself back into the swing of things.

My original goal was to be 192 by March 2, however with my 'minor' setback I don't know if that's realistic. I am at 198 at the moment but that's sick weight, I really hope it doesn't bounce back up to 200 when I'm healthy again. We'll see. I guess I'll take it as it comes this month.

curlysue82
02-03-2013, 07:02 AM
HI LAdies :)

imagine its February already time is absolutely flying...
well i was the same gettin fit did really well for the 1st 2 weeks then it waned a bit,so feb is a new month and tme to get the motivation back on track
good luck everyone :)

1) complete 7 Day detox
2) get OUT of the 190's
3) rejoin leisure centre and swim 4 days a week
4) STOP eating biscuits and sweets at work

GettinFit
02-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Good morning and :welcome: to the challenge everyone. I'm sorry I missed checking in yesterday but my internet connection is down. I did so so yesterday and today is going good so far. I plan on doing my workout soon.. I will catch up on personal as soon as I can get my internet connection working. I hope you all have a great OP day.

RachelRawr
02-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Yikes. Dim sum this morning and bbq this evening. Not to mention brownies. I went a little overboard. I did what I could as far as exercise goes, but I don't think it was enough. And I have no idea if I logged my calories correctly. Oh well. One bad day won't mess up my week, especially at the rate I have been going.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

ImImportant
02-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Super Bowl Sunday
I made sure I had my Zumba workout early. I ate a high protein breakfast and steamed broccoli for lunch. So, I thought I was prepared.
I purchased the desserts for the party. Cookies, & Cupcakes. I ate two cookies one cupcake and one mini cupcake. The rest of my plate was protein. I stood up most of the evening.
I was also sure to log my calories so I can face how far I went off track.

I will say that my eating went haywire after the lights went out after halftime.

GettinFit
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone ;)

I'm so glad the superbowl parties are behind us! I didn't do as good as I wanted to but it's a new day! Today is my turnaround and I plan on having a great month (I have to) The scale has been going up and it has to start coming back down now. I realize that what goes in my mouth determines whether or not I lose weight.

Kaitie - I hope you're feeling better today.

Curlie - Sue let's challenge each other to stay on point the entire month of Feb.

I'm doing good with eating so far today. I won't get a workout in today because I fell this morning and bruised my leg really bad.

I hope you all have a great OP day!

Today's Plan
B: apple, orange, coffee
S: orange, greek yogurt, 100 Cal nuts
L: Lean Cuisine, SF Choc pudding
D: salad

LuvCats
02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Lol Super Bowl was easy for me. No clue even what time it started nor anything about it. Took DD to the mall and then went to Red Lobster. It was deserted there, yay! Ate well and even split the key lime pie with DD. Lol that was harder than giving her my clam chowder but I'm sure glad I did. :)

Have a great day everyone! We can do this! :carrot:

Novus
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
My February goals:
1. Continue to plan all my meals and log them on spark. CHECK
2. Exercise two days a week. DAY ONE - CHECK (I dusted off the workout DVDs and attempted to do the BL Power Sculpt. I think I laid on the floor feeling like a pretzel most of the time but - hey - I tried. :dizzy: )
3. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds this month, but I think it's more realistic to say 5. WEIGH IN DAY IS FRIDAY.
4. Post my progress on this thread at least twice a week. DAY ONE - CHECK

Sending good luck vibes to all! :)

Lotus7
02-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Here are my goals for February:

1. Three meals a day, NO snacking
2. Stay away from my trigger foods (poptarts, packaged cookies and other sweets, etc.)
3. Move me arse everyday. 5 days a week I'm bodyrocking it the other two I will go skating or take a walk.
6. Post my progress here daily

Update: February 1-4

The month has started off a little bumpy. I didn't exercise on Friday and today, since they are both technically an active rest day, but it was not really "active". My excuse is the cold weather (not used to cold climate) but I have to figure out an alternative. However, I was on track with my exercise on Saturday and Sunday (and am still sore). I'll be back to bodyrocking it tomorrow.

I've done good staying away from the trigger foods but I had friends in town on Saturday and then Superbowl on Sunday which led to a minute (0.1kg) weight gain. I was really proud of myself for Sunday though. I was a little hungover from the previous nights festivities but I didn't stuff my face like usual. I had a lot of water and made myself a nice bowl of pasta and veggies and sat down and ate properly. At the Superbowl dinner, I managed to have one small plate of food and some chips and dip. And since I was full after that, I stopped. The party went kind of long, until 1am so I did end up nibbling on a piece of dessert, but with the lack of control I used to feel at these buffet type events before, I was really proud of myself.

Sorry for the long post but I want to keep myself accountable.

Hope everyone has a successful February.

GettinFit
02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone.

Lotus - It's been a bumpy start to February fo me too. Yesterday was much better for me and today will be good too. I hope you have a great day too! We can do it :carrot:

LuvCats - I'm glad the Super bowl wasn't an issue for you. I like your idea of shopping & dinner instead.

Novus - Your goals for Feb are great! Wishing you much success.

Today I signed up online for our At Work Weight Watchers meeting and tomorrow is my first meeting. I gave myself the month of January to try doing it on my own but was not successful.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

healthyginger
02-05-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm back op as of yestetday and want a challenge. These challenges really help me. I went off plan over the holidays, probably because i didn't sign up for anything. S0:
1. Check in everyday
2. Stay on calorie count- keeping food journal
3. Exercise 3 x a week
4 drink 4 16 oz bottles watera day
5. Take supplements daily
6. Post on 3fc daily unless traveling
7. Read something uplifting daily & from weightloss book daily

LuvCats
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks GettingFit. It was a lot of fun. :) Good luck with your first meeting.

Lotus: I think keeping accountable is the point of this thread. Lol long is a okay!

Ha ha Novus I'm pretty sure I'm a pretzel right along with you. Got a new stability ball and just looking at some of the things they do has me crossing my eyes in wonder! And that is on a beginner DVD.

healthyginger: The important thing is you are back OP now. Great job!

Uggh why am I suddenly forgetting to weigh on Tuesday? Needless to say I don't want to do it after I've eaten. Ha ha I'm sure it makes little difference but I like doing it first thing. Wow... I stared at this for a few minutes because I kept wondering... went and weighed anyway... wow! Down 2.4. Maybe this exercise is paying off! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Keep up the good work!

Lotus7
02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Today's update

1. Three meals a day, NO snacking - DONE. I actually was not super hungry for dinner so it was quite small, but healthy. I'm wondering if it was taking some psyllium earlier in the day with lunch.
2. Stay away from my trigger foods (poptarts, packaged cookies and other sweets, etc.) - DONE
3. Move me arse everyday.(5 days a week I'm bodyrocking it the other two I will go skating or take walk.) - DONE. Did about 16 min of a butt-kicking workout this morning before breakfast. It felt good to get it done early in the day.
4. Post my progress here daily - DONE. I even weighed in at half a kilo lighter this morning! Unfortunately this is only getting me back to the small amount of progress I had made earlier in the year pre-cookie-fest last week.

GettingFit - Let us know how your meeting went

LuvCats - Good job on the weight loss

GettinFit
02-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Hello ladies,

Well I just got back from the Weight Watchers meeting and I am so motivated and so glad I decided to join. I really think that I'm going to like the group. I had the leader take a before pic of me and I'm going to do monthly progress pics.

I'm glad you're all doing good and keep up the good work! I'm off to eat my OP lunch:carrot:

healthyginger
02-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Stayed on plan yesterday and so far today. Spent both days weeding and cutting back roses. Am sore but so happy that I'm able to work in my garden after 4 yrs! Took along bath before dinner so wouldn't overeat.

Novus
02-06-2013, 10:06 PM
:dancer:

So, this evening I was rummaging through the closet for pool stuff to wear to water aerobics tomorrow night. While doing so, I found a pile of smaller clothes that fit the last time I was losing weight. They fit! OMG they fit! :D Okay, I can't wear them in public yet....they're a little bulgy where they shouldn't be bulgy ;) ...but another 5 or 10 pounds and some toning and they're gonna be great (again).

Now THAT is some motivation to not talk myself out of going to water aerobics!

Lotus7
02-06-2013, 11:22 PM
Yay Novus on the jeans! What an ego boost. I'm still waiting before I even try on my jeans (which I have not worn in like 4 months). The funny thing is that they will probably be my fat jeans when I get to goal.

So far so good in staying OP. I did not do my planned bodyrock workout because I was so sore from yesterday, I could barely lift my arms. So I tweaked my plan a bit and made today an active rest day. So I did a 3-mile walk instead by just going to the grocery store farther from my house.

RachelRawr
02-07-2013, 01:38 AM
GettinFit - Glad to hear your meeting went well! I hope the program helps you rock this month!

Novus - Congrats Novus!!! It's always so satisfying when something smaller fits. Keep it up! Also, water aerobics sounds like fun. I've always wanted to try it.

LuvCats - Congrats on your loss! That's great!!

healthyginger - It's been 4 years since you working in your garden? Must be great to be back. I can't wait to have a garden of my own!

Lotus - Good job with your active rest day!

I've been doing really well this week. In the green at least 300 every day so far...if we are starting the week on Monday...which I am this week. lol. School is keeping me much busier than I would like, but I have not been stress eating! I'm feeling good. I'm excited to see what the scale will say on Sunday. If I could lose 9 more pounds before my engagement party that would just be amazing!

Hope everyone is doing well!

GettinFit
02-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Good morning ladies,

Thanks Rachel - I'm hoping that this will get me going again too. So far it's going good. I'm glad things are going good for you to and I hope you have a great W/I on Sunday.

Novus - Great job on the smaller clothes fitting :cb: Keep up the great work and you'll be wearing them in public real soon.

Today's Journal

B: greek yogurt, banana, coffee
L: rotisserie ckn breast, salad, ff dressing, Special K 100 Cal brownie bites
S: WW Popped Chips, orange
D: SmartOne, WW 2pt bar
Exercise: Walk 20 mins

LuvCats
02-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks Lotus7. You are doing great! Sounds like a smart move to change your exercise plans according to how sore your body feels.

GettinFit: Terrific about the motivation post meeting. That is wonderul keep it up!

WTG staying OP healthyginger.

Wonderful NSV Novus! Yay on old smaller clothes fitting! Definitely motivation for your water aerobics. :)

Thanks Rachel! WTG staying in the green. Keep at it and you can make your goal!

So far so good here. Did my elliptical for longer than I have in ages/more mileage than I have before plus walked our black lab to the dog park and back. Food is good too.

Keep up the good work everyone! :)

Lotus7
02-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Good to hear that everyone is doing so well and we are already a full week into February.

I was back on with my planned workout today and actually slightly improved my time slightly from the last time which means that I'm getting fitter (great motivation!).

Eating was on par today though I think I ate slightly under at dinner...My partner was sick so I ended up eating soup with him. I notice that I prefer to have the same thing at breakfast everyday - oatmeal w/ apples and almonds - even though I like to mix up my lunch and dinners. I think its just become part of the routine. Do you guys tend to have the same things over again or do you have a lot of variety in all of your meals?

RachelRawr
02-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Lotus - I find myself eating the same things for breakfast everyday too. My variety is usually in dinner and sometimes lunch on the weekends.

I'm not in a very good mood today. I went shopping because I wanted to try to find either a dress or some kind of top to go with a skirt I have for Valentine's day. Came home empty handed. Nothing seemed to fit right and I was even wearing some spanx. :( I'm going to try again tomorrow, though.

Hope everyone else has a great Friday. The weekend is near!

GettinFit
02-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Good morning and happy Friday everyone.

LuvCats - Great job on your workout and eating good! Yep so far I am still very motivated. I think joining the WW group was a good idea for me as it is helping me to get back where I need to be. Hope your day is good.

Lotus7 - Great job on your being OP and working out. I tend to like a variety in my meals as I get bored with the same thing.

Rachel - I hope you're able to find something today. I totally understand where you're coming from. Right now, I am at that stage where nothing fits right. I had only 4 pair pants that I wore to work so I went to buy some the other week and I had to try on so many before I found two size 16Ws that fit. I never thought I'd wear anything with a W behind it. I can't wait to get back down to a decent size 14. Let's keep up the good work.

I hope everyone else is doing okay and you all have a great Friday

Lotus7
02-09-2013, 12:11 AM
Hey Rachel. Sorry to hear about the bad shopping trip. I've honestly been avoiding shopping. I've been wearing my leggings for like the last four months once my jeans stopped fitting but I was too stubborn to buy anything a size up. Take a breather, give yourself some positive self talk and you'll make it work. Get a color that makes you feel fabulous and some great accessories to go with it.

Had a good day today. I was planning to go ice skating since its my active rest day but it was raining something crazy outside (I usually bike to the rink), so I took a long walk later in the day and ran some errands along the way. I notice that I'm actually starting to feel a bit restless when I don't get some movement in, so I think my body is starting to get back its natural desire for movement.

Food was pretty much OP today. I'm trying to keep them around 400-500 calories in each of my three meals. Since I'm losing weight steadily, I'm not counting calories closely (yet), but I did it for so long that I can pretty much guesstimate what's in my meals.

Am mentally gearing up for the weekend...good luck to you guys!

Novus
02-09-2013, 08:04 AM
It sounds like everyone is having a great OP week. Woot! :cheer2:

Rachel - Good luck finding a V-Day outfit. And remember....no shopping trip is ever a failure, because even if you don't purchase anything you still get a healthy dose of Retail Therapy! :D

LuvCats - All Exercise Pretzels unite! Herehere! ;)

Update on my February goals:
1. Continue to plan all my meals and log them on spark. CHECK
2. Exercise two days a week. CHECK (Water aerobics on Thursday. (Lovelove!) BL Power Sculpt DVD on Sunday. And I think I'll do something flexibility today - Budokon or Yoga. )
3. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds this month, but I think it's more realistic to say 5. This week's weigh in - 214.0 (down one pound).
4. Post my progress on this thread at least twice a week. CHECK

Kaitie9399
02-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I survived pneumonia! Yeah! Now to get myself back in the mindset of losing weight again. My back is still hurting, hopefully I'll be ok to go back to the gym on Monday. Oh, and my classroom is FINALLY finished and I spent Thursday and Friday organizing stuff. Thank goodness, I was going crazy on that cart.

Anyway, I feel completely unmotivated to start up with fitday and the forum again--it's so nice to be lazy.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well.

GettinFit
02-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Kaitie - I'm glad you're doing better and are over the pneumonia. That is no fun. I hope your back gets better soon too.

Novus - Congrats on your loss this week. Keep up the great work.

Lotus - I hope your weekend is going well.

I've been pretty good so far. I went out to dinner last night with a friend and I did very good. I brought home half of my meal and had for dinner tonight. I got out and did a 1 hour walk today. I'm feeling back in my groove now and I'm looking forward to my W/I on Wednesday.

Have a great evening everyone.

Lotus7
02-10-2013, 12:18 AM
GettinFit. Great job on halving the meal. That's a hard one for me. Sometimes, I say I will eat half and stop but then end up nibbling away at it because other people are still eating. They say to half it right off the bat and ask for a to go box, but I don't know if I could do that. I guess I'll have to learn.

I did really good with the eating today. I still ate my trusty oats for breakfast - I really don't get tired of them. But I came up with a nice backup meal - yes, I am an A-type - that I could have on a "whim" if I wanted to try something new. Its basically peanut butter on toast and yogurt with almonds. The peanut butter has been sitting on the shelf taunting me since I started this journey and I litterally have to look away when I see my DBF bite into a PBJ. Now I've found a way to incorporate it. It actually feels quite powerful and rewarding to have that perspective on something that a month ago I might have eaten half a jar of.

Also, we went shopping at the market today and there all kinds of good food and restaurants everywhere calling your name. DBF wanted to go to a diner of all places, so I took on the challenge. Despite all of the great offerings like grilled cheese, pancakes, etc., I happily ordered a soup and crackers, savored and left feeling quite satisfied until dinner.

My planned workout was a bit of a bust today. It was a little more physically demanding than I was prepared for. I barely made it through the first (of four) rounds and called it a day. It was not worth it to huff my way through with bad form and risk hurting myself. And I think taking an hour to finish a 20 minute work would have done nothing for my self-esteem. But I spent a good two hours walking around the city and lugging my groceries earlier, so I called it a day. I'll be back on track tomorrow morning with another (reasonable) one :)

RachelRawr
02-10-2013, 12:49 PM
GettinFit - Sounds like you are doing great! :carrot: I always try to do the same thing when I go out to a nice place. It's difficult sometimes, though. Congrats! I hope you have a successful weigh-in Wednesday!

Novus - Ahh yes!! Retail therapy is so nice. Congrats on your loss this week! :dancer:

Katie - Glad you are over the pneumonia!! I hope you can get back into the swing of things soon!

Lotus - Yum. Peanut butter toast and a banana is my usual breakfast. Or peanut butter on waffles. lol. I love me some peanut butter. Great job on moderation!

Well I went shopping again and I found a nice top in a bright color that will go great with my skirt. And I bought a little shrug for it too... my arms are not pretty. And I bought another shirt because it was on sale. I almost bought this super cute dress too, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend more money...clothes are so expensive! I don't know if I should buy it or wait a little longer till I lose more weight. :?:

My fiance and I took my nephew to the zoo, which was really relaxing and fun. It was drizzling off and on, but we took the umbrella and still had a very nice time. I'm glad we decided to go out. I've been so busy with school work that I haven't taken much time to go out and do anything. My classes this semester have way more homework than I thought they would so i'm behind in all of them. It was so nice to take a break from the stress, though. And carrying a 2 year old around isn't half bad exercise!

Anyway, today was my weigh-in and i'm down 1.5 lbs. As stressed as i've been i'm really happy to have a loss and glad I haven't been snacking...that much.

I hope everyone has a successful week this week! :hug:

GettinFit
02-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Hello ladies,

I'm glad you all are doing good and staying OP :)

Rachel - I'm glad you had fun at the zoo and congrats on your loss this week. You are doing great.

Lotus - I love PB on toast for breakfast. Sometimes I like to slice a ripe banana on it too. So yummy:D

I had a good day with eating and I did a 30 min workout. I can't wait 'til my too small clothes start fitting.

I hope you all have a great week.

LuvCats
02-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Keep it up everyone! Good here... slow and steady. Have a great Monday all! :)

GettinFit
02-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Happy Monday everyone;)

All is going good with me. Sticking to my Points, drinking my water and getting my activity in. I'm looking forward to my first WW W/I on Wednesday. I hope we all have a great week. :carrot:

Lotus7
02-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Happy Monday ladies. I know its not everyone's favorite day, but I hope everyone gets the week off to the start. And Rachel, I'm glad you found an outfit you really liked. Soon, you'll have no trouble choosing what to wear.

I had a really good learning experience yesterday, two actually. It was so beautiful outside yesterday, DBF and I decided to go for a walk and run some errands. By the time we got home, it was already 3:45 and we were just cooking lunch! I actually wasn't hungry during the day, but then I got ravenous when we started to prepare food. Instead of grabbing a snack or "tasting" while we were cooking, I made myself hold off. I ate a bit more that usual because I was so hungry and thus ate faster, but I'm glad I waited so I could sit down and eat properly and conserve all of my calories.

Then, at dinner, the perfect storm for bingeing came up. I was bored and a bit stressed and at home alone. It was dinner time but I wasn't super hungry and didn't know what to eat. So I would nibble on one small thing and go back to my computer. As I said, PBJ is my weakness, but I made one openfaced sandwhich and then just stopped. My mind just told me it wasn't worth it and I didn't eat anything else.

Best of all, no gain on the scale this morning, so I learned the mind can be a very powerful thing in successfully averting a crisis :carrot:

Kaitie9399
02-11-2013, 09:04 PM
OP for today, actually I'm very under on calories. Didn't get to the gym, I was working on my classroom. Tomorrow is a walk through and even though I highly doubt that anyone would come to my basement room I wouldn't want to be caught with my pants down.

GettinFit
02-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Good morning ladies,

Lotus - Great job on your accomplishments yesterday!

Kaitie - Congrats to you for another OP day! Let's keep it going.

Yesterday was good for me also. My eating was good and I got in my water. A NSV for me - After work I made a stop so I got home a little late. It was cold and rainy and I did not feel like working out. I forced myself to do a WATP DVD and I was so glad I did. Once I got started, I really enjoyed it.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday.

Lotus7
02-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone. Had a good day this yesterday. I got back on the ice for the first time in two months and had a really good workout (I used to be a competitive skater). I was definitely out of shape and I'm sure the motorists got a laugh watching me bike home on my lifeless legs.

I did good with food. DBF and his classmates actually had an iron chef competition last night so I was in the presence of lots of good food. I just took one piece from each of the stations and half of each dessert. I might have gone over my calorie budget, but I had a LOT of exercise so I didn't really worry about it and I had a small loss on the scale this morning.:carrot:

LuvCats
02-12-2013, 03:45 PM
I hope someone came to your classroom after all your hard work, Katie! Keep it up OP!

WTG on doing the WATP when you didn't feel like it GettingFit. I hear you on the not wanting to be active. I've set myself a minimum of what I have to do on those days I'm not feeling it. Definitely helps.

Lotus: WTG to get back on the ice! Great NSV! Keep it up!

I'm down 2#. Will have to push myself hard to see a loss next week but I'm going to give it the good college try (lol appropriate wording because that's where I'm going this weekend--taking my DD to a college preview. Plus will be staying at my parent's house for it which will add to the challenge.

Novus
02-12-2013, 04:22 PM
This week is a bit rocky so far. I'm on plan, but only just barely.

My February Goals
1. Continue to plan all my meals and log them on spark. I usually plan all my meals for the week on Saturday or Sunday. When I tried to do it this week, though, there was a Carb Gremlin who would not shut up. :mad:
"I could have eggs and..." "Toast!"
"Hrm, snack? Maybe cheese and...""Crackers!"
"Roast chicken would be good for dinner. With..." "Potatoes!"
Arrrrrgh!
I am logging before I eat so I can stay on plan, but I like knowing in advance what the week is going to be like.

2. Exercise two days a week. Um, well, there's still 4 days in the week, right? :( I should have done a DVD or something yesterday but instead I sat around watching entirely too much TV and trying not to think about *adjective adjective adjective* brownies.

3. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds this month, but I think it's more realistic to say 5. I cheated and peeked at the scale this morning. At least that is being cooperative! :)

4. Post my progress on this thread at least twice a week. CHECK

Kaitie9399
02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Hello Everyone!

I hope ya'll are having a happy Tuesday!

I am OP today and I went to the gym. It was hard to be there without headphones to listen to my music.

My dog Shadow scared the living daylights out my husband and I. One of the cats knocked Shadow's medicine bottle (pills cut into four pieces) on the floor and of course Shadow picked it up and some how got it open---a 90 day supply of phenobarbital. Anyway, I walk in the door and my husband shows me the empty bottle!!!! We of course freak out and then John sees a huge pile of pills on the floor by the couch. Long story short, Shadow just messed with the bottle and there were no pills missing. Man that dog gave us a heart attack. I seriously couldn't let go of him for 15 minutes.

RachelRawr
02-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Lotus - Congrats on your willpower!! Home alone and bored is a super dangerous situation for me too. I've never been ice skating, i'm so jealous!

GettinFit - Good job working out when you didn't feel like it!! Those days are tough. I hope you have a great weigh-in tomorrow!

LuvCats - Congrats on your loss! Good luck this weekend! Be strong! :lifter:

Novus - That damn carb gremlin. I know exactly what you mean. Mine is obsessed with potatoes.

Katie - Oh my gosh! I know what that feels like. I'm sorry. I once found my dog in the backyard with a chunk of rat poison in her mouth. That was a fun night :stress: What kind of dog is Shadow?

I have been doing pretty good, food-wise. I bought a few frozen meals this weekend to try for lunch on Tuesdays/Thursdays when I eat alone. Today was a spinach and ricotta lasagna. It was the one I was most looking forward to and it was not very good. :(

I up-ed my wii fitness coach minutes to 45 instead of 30 and that has been going well. I haven't been getting 300 in the green, but 200-something is close enough for me!

I've been feeling a little impatient lately, which I think has a lot to do with my recent shopping trip. I've been feeling like i'm tired of working out every day and not seeing any kind of results. I'm just getting sick of seeing this gut. I just need to shake off this feeling. :dizzy:

Hope you gals have a great Wednesday!

GettinFit
02-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Good morning ladies,

Lotus - Great job on your loss and on staying in control the night before.

LoveCats - :congrats: on losing 2 pounds. I hope you're able to survive your challenging weekend. Let us know how it goes.

Novus - I hope the week gets better for you. Hang in there.

Kaitie - I'm glad your doggie was okay and didn't eat any of the pills. I'm sure that was a major scare for you.

Rachel - I totally understand where you're coming from on getting impatient and being sick of seeing the gut. I'm right there with you but I am trying to just focus on eating right and working out. I'm also sick of seeing my double chin when I look in the mirror. Just keep on doing what you're doing and we will both be celebrating the loss of our guts soon:carrot: Sorry your frozen dinner wasn't satisfying:( I use them a few times a week too. I've found quite a few that I really like and that aren't so high in sodium. I absolutely love the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer Asian inspired ones. Today I'm having a Lean Cuisine Tortila Crusted fish which is really good. It's 8 WW Points & has 490 mg of sodium.

I'm doing good and looking forward to my W/I today. I've forced myself to workout five days this week and am feeling good about that.

I hope you ladies all have a great Wednesday.

Lotus7
02-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Hope everyone is having a good day. It sounds like we all are making some good progress on the healthy eating and getting in more exercise.

Novus - I'm not sure what plan you are on, but if I could offer a piece of advice, I would say to add some carbs into each your meals so you beat the monster at his own game. For every meal, I already allot for one serving of some kind of grain as long as it has a lot of fiber e.g. brown rice, sweet potato, multi-grain bread. It has done wonders for my love/hate relationship with carbs.

Kaitie - I'm so glad your dog is ok; I would have been hysterical if that happened to me.

So my eating yesterday was a bit of a bust. I did my workout so check for that and I also took a one hour walk in the morning. I think all of that activity from the day before caught up with me and I was super hungry.

I ate a bit over at lunch which would have been okay but the snack monster reared up when I started cooking dinner. I was snacking on peanuts (which I never eat unless its in butter form:p), pieces of cheese that I was grating for the pasta, you name it. I think I ate my calorie allotment before I even sat down to "eat" dinner! Looking back on it, I'm sure part of it was that I needed to balance out for the workout yesterday but I also was a bit stressed because dinner was a bit rushed (I didn't plan my time well) and DBF is travelling today for a week so I wanted to make sure we had a nice dinner together.

So needless to say, there was a gain on the scale this morning, but I know that its directly related to yesterday's feast and if I just cut down a little bit at each meal I should be back on track in 1-2 days. Its actually helping me to weigh every morning because I don't freak out now when I see a gain.

Kaitie9399
02-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks Everyone! :-) I'm still shaken up about the 'close call' with Shadow. He's a Chihuahua/Pomeranian mix, about 25 pounds.

OP for today, a little too close to my max calories though, not over--just a little too close.

Novus
02-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Good luck surviving Valentine's Day, everyone! :love: (And I heard that all the stores in the universe have decided NOT to do the 50% markdown on candy tomorrow, so you don't have to go check. ;) )

Novus - I'm not sure what plan you are on, but if I could offer a piece of advice, I would say to add some carbs into each your meals so you beat the monster at his own game. For every meal, I already allot for one serving of some kind of grain as long as it has a lot of fiber e.g. brown rice, sweet potato, multi-grain bread. It has done wonders for my love/hate relationship with carbs.

I'm doing low carb (no specific diet, just limiting carbs) and right now I'm getting my carbs from fruits and veggies and not grains. My body has huge crazy issues with grainy carbs, and I know from past experience that I have to detox by completing eliminating them, and then once I have some control, I can slowly add them back in a few at a time. I've been doing okay with the detox thing and not missing the grainy carbs at all, until this week. Now my body is in total revolt about it. :dizzy:

GettinFit
02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Good morning ladies,

I'm so glad it's almost the weekend :carrot:

Novus - Can you believe that I still have markdown candy from Christmas :dizzy: I put it away in the pantry and haven't touched them since I started back OP. The only reason I bought it was because it's a kind that you can only find at Xmas time. After I'm farther along in my weight loss, I'll treat myself to one every now & then.

I've been doing really good with WW and I want to keep it going. My goal is to lose around 6 pounds a month. If I stay committed and focused, I know I can do it.

Has any of you experienced weight gain when taking antibiotics? I'm hoping that it doesn't mess with my weight loss because I don't want to see a gain at my second WW weigh in:(

Have a great day everyone.

Lotus7
02-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Just checking in for yesterday. Nothing special to report. I adjusted a bit at each of meals to make up for Tuesday which made a difference on the scale this morning. It was my rest day from exercise but I took and walk to the market and back to do my grocery shopping. That's it. Hopefully, I'll be back on track with the losses by the end of the week.

Kaitie9399
02-14-2013, 09:31 PM
~*~Happy Valentine's Day!~*~

Technically my calories are OP---unfortunately most of them are sugar based. I had two small pieces of chocolate, 6 (yes 6) chocolate covered strawberries, and two quarter size cookies (with frosting)--and then I had spaghetti with meatballs for dinner. All in all it's about 1500 sugary calories. I'm guessing that means I'm not OP. :-)

GettinFit
02-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Happy Friday ladies,

Here's to a great weekend. I am planning to continue OP with WW and to get in a workout each day. The challenge for me this weekend is going to be to drink all my water. It's been pretty easy for me this week to get in at least 64 ozs each day. I always have a hard time on the weekend since I'm usually out & about.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Lotus7
02-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey Kaitie. I say its OP as long as you followed your own rules. So if you're just focusing on calories its fine. I do that sometimes but I know not to make it a habit. I may get away with a sugary day once but the next time my willpower may not be as strong and I'll just overeat.

Which brings me to yesterday :o I did really great for breakfast and lunch and I actually was not super hungry at dinner time. But somehow my small healthy dinner turned into a snack/carb fest. I was able to stop myself before it became tragic but it puts a little kink in the downward weightloss trend.

Ah well. Today is a new day, right?

RachelRawr
02-15-2013, 11:56 PM
GettinFit - I'll have to check out those Healthy Choice asian frozen meals. I love me some asian food! :D Also, I'm glad to see you are doing good! 6 pounds a month is a good goal! You can do it!

Lotus - I admire your positive attitude about weighing in! If I weigh myself every day I find that I get a little obsessed about it and it causes me more stress than it should. Which causes more eating. lol. It's good to see that that isn't the case for everyone.

Katie - Oh!! I bet he's cute! Chocolate covered strawberries! Where is the drool smiley? I wish I had some of those this year. Once in awhile...a sugary day is needed.

Novus - LOL! The candy is so tempting! :devil:

Well It was barely over my calories on Wednesday. I weighed in at 221 which is a 2.5 loss since Sunday. I was completely surprised about that. I usually only weigh-in on Sundays, but my physical challenge on Wii fitness coach was Wednesday, which is basically a weigh in and measurement update/see how many push-ups, crunches, etc you can do day. I never got to it though because I was working on my art project till midnight and I was pooped.

Thursday was pretty successful for me considering it was Valentine's day. I went out with my fiance to the Cheesecake Factory. I got a lunch portion of shepherds pie and only ate half of it. But, then I had almost an entire slice of chocolate coconut cheesecake. And that's pretty much all I ate all day. haha. I got a walk in and burned off some of it, but was still over at the end of the day.

Today was great. I resisted fries at lunch! That's a big thing for me. Had a nice walk in the cool air. Feeling good! :carrot:

LuvCats
02-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Happy glugging GettingFit! Ha ha. :)

Glad you were able to stop before things went too bad, Lotus.

WTG resisting the fries, Rachel!

So far I'm okay.... today I'm at my parent's house because my youngest is participating in a college preview weekend. We walked quite a bit today and I've been turning down things like cheesecake, ice cream, and cinnamon rolls. Hard but I'm doing it!

Keep up the good work everyone! :)

Lotus7
02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. DBF is out of town for a week so I'm having to find some good things to keep me busy and preferrably out of the house where I can walk around the city for a bit. I have a tendency to nibble when I'm by myself with too much time on my hands.

GettinFit - the scale thing is quite recent. I started researching it and the mentality about weighing everyday how it helps people put things into perspective better and somehow it just made sense to me. And RESPECT for handling Cheesecake Factory. I haven't been in a year b/c we don't have one here but I frequently find my mind drifting to red velvet cheesecake and I have no idea where it comes from :devil:

Yesterday was a good day for me. I skated in the morning and did a bodyrock workout in the evening. I don't know what was up with me, but I had so much energy my legs were shaky so I just thought I'd throw in another workout. It doesn't happen often so I thought I'd "carpe diem":D

Food was good as well. I'm still sticking to the same oatmeal breakfast because I guess my mind likes the certainty of knowing what I'll be eating for the day. I'm trying to do the same with lunch now and just make dinner my "creative meal". Its often when I don't know what to eat that I get into trouble and starting picking at a little bit of everything. I also read the other day that its one of the top habits of naturally thin people is to stick to the same foods. Hmmm...

GettinFit
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello ladies,

It's so exciting to see everyone doing so good.

LuvCats - Nice job turning down all those goodies today. You'll be so happy with yourself when you weigh :cb: Yep, I am doing very good with drinking my water today.

Rachel - Congrats on your weight loss and on resisting the fries. You are doing an awesome job.

Kaitie & Lotus - I hope you are having a great day.

My day has been very good. I've eaten good and worked out and drank my water. I'm so looking forward to my weigh in on Wednesday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone;)

jdtwin
02-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Hey! I've just registered on 3FC and found this thread quite motivational, and I'm in!!

For the rest of the month I'm...:

-Doing the Master Cleanse (not doing it until 6pm then eating fatty foods like usual)
-Exercise 1.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 in the evening
-Use all the anti-stretch/cellulite etc creams I never useee
-Drink plenty of water
-Focus on the results and how happy I'd be if I could rock my mini dresses again and go out feeling GOOD :') it's been too long.. I don't want to live like this anymore, WE CAN DO IT!!!!

suebis4jesus
02-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi everyone here @ 3FatChicks I stumbled upon this sight while looking for diet plan @ weight watchers. I love it! But... How do I start? How do I get the pounds lost tracker chart at the bottom? Is there a profile for me to put my before photo so I can post results week to week? How does this whole thing work? I'm not good at these things but I really want to do this. I have a lot of health issues so I am comitted to extending my life so I can spend time with my family:carrot:. HELP!:?:

Novus
02-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Ok, I'm just gonna 'fess up that this has been a bad week. :(

I think I'm fighting off some kind of illness. My body puts up a crazy battle when there's a bug wanting to attack (and usually wins...I rarely get sick). I'm crazy tired, have zero appetite, and am craving comfort food & carbs.

So, no exercise this week. And even though I haven't totally derailed on my food, my eating wasn't what it should be.

Tomorrow begins another week. I'm determined to turn this around!

Lotus7
02-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Hey Novus - Sorry to hear you're not feeling so great. Look at the bright side: as you said you did not totally derail your efforts so it won't be too hard to get back on track. I'm sure you'll push yourself even harder next week and you won't even remember this one.

I had one of those moments yesterday where I was really craving one of my trigger foods - Mrs. Field's chocolate chip cookies - and somehow I talked myself into just getting home and making some homemade cookie dough. And it worked! Now cookie dough is NOT on my plan necessarily but I looked at it as that I stayed within my calories and I successfully avoided overeating.

I actually had a dialogue playing in my mind of one of the YouTube videos I watch about Emotional Eating where she had said that if you are craving some specific thing (Little Debbie snack cake, Fudge Brownie Pop-Tart, Salt & Vinegar Chips - you get the picture) and its taking over your thoughts, then you are probably not really hungry. And that's what actually helped me through it.

JDTwin and Suebis - Welcome to the group and good luck with your journey. GettinFit may be able to help you with the Weight Watchers bit, but there is also a separate forum where they discuss specific diets that would probably help you.

curlysue82
02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
hey everyone :)

aw stop had such great week then strayed away and ate junk at work and night Friday with pizza oven chips and 2 glasses of wine, so y'day started back on track again...

Kaitie9399
02-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Hello Everyone!!!! Well, it's been a wing-dinger of a weekend. V-day was good, but it seems like it's never ending! People keep offering me candy and cupcakes!

My handsome little kitty isn't doing to well. In July he was diagnosed with lymphoma and he's been having chemo since then, and responded really really well. The vets originally said that without treatment he'd only live 4 weeks, and that was 6 months ago. Unfortunately today she said that he's become resistant to the chemo meds and isn't going to make it. We're hoping for at least another month. :-( Charlie is 16 years old so he's had a good old life but it still breaks my heart.

Novus
02-18-2013, 08:13 AM
My handsome little kitty isn't doing to well.

:cry:

:hug:

Novus
02-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Hey Novus - Sorry to hear you're not feeling so great. Look at the bright side: as you said you did not totally derail your efforts so it won't be too hard to get back on track. I'm sure you'll push yourself even harder next week and you won't even remember this one.

Thanks! :) I didn't mean to sound like a whiner. I just didn't want to be over here pretendin' to be Suzy Sunshine. :flow1: This journey has bumpy patches for everyone! So, on we go to another week...

And congrats Lotus on conquering the Cookie Demon! :carrot:

GettinFit
02-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Good morning ladies - Where did the weekend go?

Welcome JDTwin and Suebis - It's nice to have you join in the challenge to stay OP. I wish both of you much success on your plans and I look forward to hearing about your good results. Post as often as you can.

Suebis - I think you will be able to get your weight ticker after you have a certain number of posts but I'm not sure how many. Yes I am following the Weight Watchers plan and I go to the meetings. So far, I'm loving it!

Novus - you are so right that this journey is not a smooth one and it has lots of bumps in the road. The thing we have to do is recover from those bumps before we go too far off track. I let myself get too far off between Oct-Feb and I so regret it. I hope you have a great week and I hope you're feeling better.

Lotus - Great job on controlling the cookie craving. I'm glad you found a solution that worked for you.

Kaitie - I'm sorry about your kitty :(

CurlySue - I hope you were able to get right back on track.

I had a very good weekend and I stayed OP both days and got in my workouts. I also did good with drinking my water over the weekend as that was my personal challenge. I've been peeking at the scale and it's continuing to go down. I was afraid that the antibiotics would make me gain but so far it hasn't. I'm so motivated to keep going :)

Lotus7
02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Happy Monday everyone...

Kaitie - I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. The thought of losing a pet, especially one that has been with you through so much, is heartbreaking. I hope you will just enjoy every day that you still have him.

GettinFit - It sounds as if you have you have found your 'mojo'. Keep with it!

Yesterday was good for me. I know that I'm really motivated this go around because I walked for an hour and a half in the cold yesterday to the museum and back - I mean it started snowing at one point - and I do NOT like cold weather; at least the old me didn't :D.

Kaitie9399
02-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone!

OP for the day. Went to applebee's for lunch with my friends and only ate 460 calories--wahoo! I am however drinking a ton of water to help flush out some of the sodium which is inevitable when eating out. :-)

I hope everyone is doing well!

curlysue82
02-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Well done Getting Fit :) you are flying it..

Katie thats good going, out of curiosity what did you eat out???

i am kind of avoiding eating out at the moment , which is not good long term i need to be able to work around it blah blah blah
but for now i am not strong enough i just need the scales to move i have been same weight for almost a week grrrr although realistically i did go Off plan Thurs and Fri but come on already...

Sorry Rant Over.....

will be back more positive tomorrow :)

GettinFit
02-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone,

Another OP day for me with a workout. If I can just stay in this groove from now on I would be a happy girl. Eating will be good today and I plan on working out this evening.

CurlySue - Hang in there and the scale will move. In the past, I have been OP and have stayed the same for like 3 weeks. It was so discouraging but I hung in there and finally I had a big drop overnight.

I hope you ladies all have a great OP day too :)

Lotus7
02-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Hey all. I had an OP day yesterday. I skated around noon and even threw in an extra fifteen minutes of jumping rope before dinner. I've been watching all of these weight loss shows which makes me want to try and push myself a little bit more physically. I've been trying to play it really safe b/c I don't want to do so much exercise I can't maintain it. But since I do short workouts 15-20 minutes, I'm sure an extra one of these is ok.

Kaitie9399
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Hi! I got the Roasted Garlic Sirloin at Applebee's. That calorie count included the potatoes, spinach, and the nasty mushroom which I didn't eat.

Hey guess what! I'm sick AGAIN!!!! WTH!!!! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired---what the heck is wrong with me? Why am I getting sick so much?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

GettinFit
02-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Good morning ladies,

Kaitie - Sorry to hear that you are sick again. Hopefully you'll be able to shake it for good soon. Hang in there.

Lotus - I enjoy watching weight loss shows too and I find that they motivate me too. Great job on your workouts.

I'm still doing good with my Weight Watchers plan. Today is W/I day and I'm thinking that I'll have a loss.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Lotus7
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Hey ladies. Am a bit late to post today as I've been running around since the morning. Yesterday I had a fantastic workout and smoked my time from the last time I did the workout by three minutes. So I did an extra round of the circuit. And I was feeling so good I added on some jump rope after that.

My eating was a little bit under. I'm trying to add in some IF a few mornings a week so that I can allow myself a little more freedom on the weekend for just being social which I think is really important. So I expected to be under but my workout was so intense that I just wasn't super hungry for dinner either so I did not have as much as I planned. Hope it won't be detrimental.

LuvCats
02-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Hey all! Keep on pushing! We can do this!

Good here. Missed one day of exercise but (my excuse is) I was traveling that day. True it was very cold before we left for home and when we got home it was very cold IN the house so I don't feel too bad about it. Still OP and still should make my 6 days of exercise this week. :)

Have a great week everyone!

Lotus7
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Ugggh...Did not have a good day yesterday. Exercise was ok. It was actually my rest/walking day and I ended up walking a lot by the end of the day. But my eating was CRAZY. I think its in part because I underate the day before and I am starting an experiment with IF. For now, I'm just trying to cut out breakfast a few days a week and so that I cycle my calories and leave a little wiggle room for going out on the weekend.

Breakfast yday was fine but I was ravenous for some reason by lunch time. I ate my planned lunch, but then my boo came home and I ended up sharing my lunch with him. And was still hungry after that but I told myself to stop and wait until dinner. Then at dinner, the whole time we were cooking, I was nibbling on nuts and cheese. I had a proper portion at dinner but the snacking around it was just crazy.

And to top it off, I gained over half a kilo this morning when I was so close to my mini-goal which makes me even more angry at myself. Can any of you ladies share your experience with IF/calorie cycling and how you integrated it into your plan?

Ah, had to vent :dizzy:. I'm glad I have this board. Today will be better. Wishing you all have a productive day as well.

GettinFit
02-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Hello ladies,

Just a quick pop in to say hi and that I'm doing very good. I had a good weigh in yesterday and was down 2 more pounds. I'm hoping to keep it going. I'll check back later this evening when I have more time.

Kaitie9399
02-21-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm annoyed. My stupid scale is moving in the wrong direction. I'm doing everything right---why is it going up? I'm mad.

GettinFit
02-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Happy Friday ladies,

Kaitie - I know it's annoying but hang in there and keep on doing what you're doing and it will eventually go down. You'll probably have a woosh over night. I have been through this so many times and believe me it WILL go down.

Lotus - I hope yesterday was better for you.

LuvCats - Great job on your staying OP.

So far so good for me. I'm plugging along. I can't wait 'til it's a little warmer and the days are longer so I can start walking at Stone Mountain after work.

I hope everyone else is having a great day and a have a great weekend.

Lotus7
02-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks getting fit. Yesterday was a better day. I tried the IF again, just postponing the breakfast meal, which went well. It was DBF's birthday so I wanted to save up some calories in case we went out for dinner/drinks. We did end up having an impromptu dinner at a friends after the theater so I was able to enjoy it without feeling like I messed up anything. And this morning, the scale had gone down! I know this weekend will be quite social so I think this IF thing will come in quite handy. Wish me luck.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Lotus7
02-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Where are you gals? Hope the weekend has started off well for you. Yesterday was not bad for me. My skating session was good and I can feel my endurance improving which I'm happy about. My eating was good as well. I ate quite light during the day because I knew we had a bday dinner at night. I was HUNGRY about two hours before dinner but I worked through it and enjoyed an amazing dinner out without feeling guilty (dessert and all). And this morning I gained a miniscule amount but it was well worth it.

Kaitie9399
02-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi! OP. I hope everyone's having a great weekend. I cleaned the entire house today--and I took down the rest of the Christmas decorations (hahahahah). Anyway, I'm pooped from all that cleaning!

GettinFit
02-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Good morning ladies,

Lotus - Sorry I missed posting yesterday as I was on the run all day and for some reason last night I had issues with my laptop. Great job on your successful dinnes and on the scale being down.

Kaitie - Glad you had a good day yesterday. I'll be doing a little tidying up today too.

I have been 100% OP so far this weekend. I went out to dinner yesterday with some friends and I did very good. I had a salad with spring mix, manderin slices, sweet potato with a citrus vinaigrette dressing and a baked sweet potato. I skipped dessert and came home and had 2 pcs of Weight Watchers chocolate.

Today the temp is supposed to be in the mid 60s so I'm planning to go out for a nice walk later and my eating will be good.

Lotus7
02-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Good on you GettinFit for making healthy choices when you went out to eat. To be honest, I've been cooking about 99% of my meals at home to control the calories. The thought of eating out just gets me a little anxious. So when I went out the other day, I just checked the menu online before and I had saved up some calories so it was less stressful than I thought.

Yesterday started off smashingly but then the evening (and parties) came. I drank more than I intended which would not be bad in itself, except 2 times out of 3, I will come home and just starting nibbling, which I did. I filled myself quite nicely with nuts and cheese (which seems to be my go-to snack since I started this journey?). I was dreading getting on the scale this morning and lo and behold, I lost weight:o. I mean talk about a 'whoosh' I lost a pound and a half and am completely dumbstruck. Can anybody explain this?

Kaitie9399
02-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Sounds like everyone's having a great weekend!

I was invited to dinner tonight and ate some foods that I would never have tried--ever. So, I had bok choy--it was ok, didn't really have a taste. Some kind of dumpling, eh...I just ate it to be nice and then I had a red bean ice pop. Really. Who the heck really eats an ice pop made from beans and thinks 'wow, this is awesome'--well, everyone else except me really. Anyway. I guess I'm OP, fitday doesn't have any of the things I ate tonight in it's menu so...I do know that I'm still hungry so I don't think I ate enough.

GettinFit
02-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Hello ladies,

Kaitie - You were adventurous with your eating. I don't think I could have tried the bean ice pop :D;

Lotus - That is great that you lost a pound. I just love those wooshes.

I'm doing good. It's been almost 3 weeks since I started Weight Watchers and I haven't blown it once yet. Yesterday the weather was so beautiful; it got up to 64 degrees and it was bright and sunny. I got out and did a 2.5 mile very hilly walk. It felt so good! Today the clouds & rain is back so I won't be able to walk today but I plan on doing a dvd when I get home.

I hope you all are having a great day :)

Lotus7
02-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Happy Monday ladies. Mine would be happier except that weight I lost from the weekend magically reappeared. I'm sure last night's Oscars dinner party might have had something to do with it. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated losing and regaining the same few pounds. I'm realizing that I probably need to be a lot stricter and more consistent than I have been and have significantly more forward days...I'm off on vacation for two weeks tomorrow so I hope I can keep up the momentum with eating more conciously and getting some exercise in. What are you ladies' go-to strategies for keeping your weight in check when you're on vacation?

LuvCats
02-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Uggh Lotus you would post that question 2 days before I leave for Vegas. :P

1) Planning to walk.
2) Planning to try to pay attention to my hunger or lack thereof.
3) I'm frankly not going to worry about it too much but am going to allow myself the vacation.
I'M GOING TO GET RIGHT BACK OP IMMEDIATELY WHEN I GET HOME. Ha ha do not pass go. Do not collect $200 (even if I manage to make it... lol... I'll save it for after I'm well in control and have earned a new treat and/or use it for non-food rewards).

The weekend for my folks anniversary went fairly well. I did go OP the night of the party and somewhat yesterday but I'm back OP today.

Lotus7
02-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Good plan LuvCats. I'm going to schedule some fun and active activities into the trip as well. We're going to be in Costa Rica so lots of swimming and hiking.

Yesterday was OP until dinner when I had an emotional eating episode. I think the frustration of not making any significant overall losses for the month got me down a bit. But I didn't gain anything and am going to get back OP today and just commit myself to being more consistent. :)

GettinFit
02-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Hello ladies,

LuvCats - Enjoy your trip to Vegas!

Lotus - Sorry about the gain and hopefully, the next time you lose it, it will be for good. Don't get discouraged but try changing things up maybe.

All is going good with me. I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. I'm really enjoying Weight Watchers and I'm so glad I decided to go back.

LuvCats
02-26-2013, 11:22 PM
You can do it Lotus!

Great job GettingFit. Thanks I'm planning to have fun. :)

I gained not quite a pound after this weekend. About what I expected I guess. I'm going to try to walk a lot on this trip and get back OP immediately when I get home. I'm not expecting to be on 3FC until Sunday. Have a great week everyone! Keep OP! You can do it!

RachelRawr
02-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Hey everyone!

Almost the end of the month. I have made my 6 lb goal plus one. Something I didn't accomplish this month was sticking with C25K, so I will be trying to pick that up again next month.

I'm almost at the halfway point toward my first big goal. I just need to drop another 2.5 lbs, which I'm hoping I can do this week.

I'm in between sizes right now. My 18 jeans are starting to sag, but the 16s are way too tight. I need a new belt as well, but the next size down is just a little too small. It's kind of frustrating, but a couple more weeks and maybe they will fit.

I think I did pretty well this month. I try to walk almost every day, i've been watching my fat intake. I've bought a couple low calorie cookbooks and started trying some of the recipes. Some of them were great and others were duds. I made some muffins that taste like nothing!

I think i'm ready for March.

Hope everyone finishes out the month with a positive attitude!

GettinFit
02-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Hello ladies,

Rachel - Congrats on a great month! I hate being between sizes. I'm sure you'll be in those 16s very soon. Just keep on doing what you're doing.

I can't believe the month is almost over but it has been a good one for me. I was down another 2 pounds at my W/I today. My total since starting WW on 2/6 is 8.6 pounds. I'm very pleased with this number because it hasn't felt like I was on a diet.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

I hope we all have a great month of March too. I'll get the new thread started tonight.

Lotus7
02-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey all. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I missed posting yesterday bc I was traveling and then out in San José.

GettinFit - fantastic job on the weight loss! I definitely think my plan needs some tweaking so I will be making some small changes for the next month. It seems like WW is working great for you so keep with it.

LuvCats - good luck on keeping up the movement while on vacation. I'll be doing the same and try to really buckle down when I get back.

Rachel - great job on surpassing your weight loss goal. I'm sure you'll be comfortably in your 16's soon.

Even though I didn't lose as much as I had hoped this month, I did quite a respectable job at 2kg (4.4lb) overall. I also only missed 2 days of exercise this month and only in the first few days so i'm very proud of that. I still have to be very conscious about eating emotionally and really be consistent with my eating.

Yesterday was my first day of vacation and I did a great job of staying OP while enjoying the delicious Costa Rican cuisine. I also walked a good 2.5 hours around the city. My hostel room is waaayy too small to do much exercise in so I may just have to stick to walking until we get to the next city.

GettinFit
02-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Lotus - Congrats on your 4.4 pounds loss for the month! That is great. I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation and great job staying OP.

So far so good for me today. I'm doing very good with my eating and exercise. Yesterday after work instead of getting in my car and driving home, I changed into my sneakers and walked for 30 minutes on the track. Then I headed home feeling really pumped that I'd did the walk.

Have a great day everyone and I hope we all have a rockin month of March.

Kaitie9399
02-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I've gotta tell ya, I am not a happy camper. My freakin' scale is tickin' me off. Tuesday morning I was 194 flat---finally! Wednesday morning 194.8--almost a whole pound gained and I was completely OP on Tuesday, no cheats, nothing--wtheck! So I expected this morning, after an extra push during my exercise routine on Wednesday, that the .8 random gain would have left as freakishly as it came but no....this morning 194.6. WTHeck! I'm so mad! I had two soft pretzels and a Wendy's frosty. Most certainly not OP today but I don't give a rat's patootie. (and yet I'm worried about tomorrow's numbers, I'm a psycho.)