Fitness Videos - February 2013 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
01-31-2013, 11:54 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

teacher1
02-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi ladies-

Diana- thanks for getting us started

no bike today. I subbed today. So ready to relax tonight.

Diana3271
02-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :woohoo:

Have a great weekend!

Check-In: LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Enjoy your evening and rest well.

TurboLaura
02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Holy crap..FEB! Thanks for getting us started, Diana!!!

Teacher - I don't blame you with the job...it sounds like you knew it wasn't the right choice. Hope that you enjoyed your night!

Diana - nice workouts! Hormones may be part of the issue (TOM) but I really forced myself to push through and workout daily. Exercise is the best anti depressant! Mom is ok - 35 consecutive daily radiation treatments have been ordered...yikes.

Les Mills Combat Plyo - never done this one before! Will fit it in between lunch with a friend and dinner with my family for my hubby's bday.

teacher1
02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi ladies-

It's been a busy day of cleaning. My hip is a little sore but hopefully not too bad. The in-laws come over tomorrow for the Super Bowl. No change for my weight this week... I need to refocus on the food and tracking. Anyone have fun Super Bowl plans? I don't care about the games just the commercials and food.

Diana3271
02-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Laura Glad to hear you Mom is still doing well. How did you like Combat Plyo.

Teacher We are going to watch the Super Bowl at the house, just me and DH. We are grilling burgers. I got DH some snack food to eat on during the day. What kind of goodies are you having?

teacher1
02-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Diana- it's a junk food day... snack- bean dips, veggie tray, cookies, pizza for dinner. I'm going to try to not go totally hog wild. However, the in-laws are coming over so the food helps. Super bowl is a super long day here and I'm ready for it to be over!!!! Enjoy the game with your hubby.

Diana3271
02-03-2013, 10:29 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (double workout premix)

Hmm, I didn't do so well eating tonight. :o Tomorrow is a new day.

TurboLaura
02-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Hey ladies! Busy but fun weekend..hope you all enjoyed it.

Diana, you're right - it's a new day!

I'm thinking of going back to TF - or at least doing a hybrid. I really miss TF and the incredible workout I used to get. What are your thoughts, ladies?

TF 45 tonight..I need a fix :)

teacher1
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Laura- I think changing it up is a great idea. If you feel like TF or TJ, I'd say go for it. When I was working out, I was all over the place. I get ADHD with working out and have to change things up.

Diana- I'm there with you. I ended last night with a bellyache :( Back on track.

I had PT with the man today. Yikes, he's much harder than the woman. I was so sweaty and tired when I left there. Going to try the elip tomorrow and see how it goes.

Diana3271
02-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Check-In:
LM Combat 60 Live w/weighted gloves

Teacher I actually felt miserable all day. :lol: How about you? My body doesn't like for me to eat off plan. :lol: I hope you aren't too sore from the PT today.

Laura I think I have an idea that will work for you. Follow the Combat schedule, but when it says a 45 workout do either LM or TF 45 or 45EZ. Do whichever one you are in the mood for. Do the same thing with the 60. You can do one of the LM 60's or TF 55EZ or 60. Have you seen these hybrid rotations? http://soreyfitness.com/beachbody-hybrid-workouts/

TurboLaura
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Great idea, Diana and Teacher. I really need schedules and more intensity and LOVE TF :) Plus I need the motivation of Chalene that I don't get from Combat.

TurboLaura
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Hey ladies!

Major check in an accountability day for me. I've been eating off plan foods and slacking on working out for 22 days. I weighed in at 167 today. This is bad, very bad. I've recommitted myself to my healthy eating and Turbo Fire 6 days a week. I'm going to follow the advanced rotations..I really need Chalene's energy and motivation right now. I also really need to do the 3-4 core/ab workouts per week like I was..UGH. There's nothing wrong with Combat but I need TF right now! I will get back. I can't believe I gained 15 pounds in 22 days. That's REALLY bad.

Thanks for listening...I hope that you all had great days.

teacher1
02-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Laura- some of that might be water weight but it's good to get back on track. This past week was a struggle for me. You know what to do and have a solid plan in place. We're here for you... ups and downs!!!

Diana- yes, I felt crappy after all that junk food. But now I'm having major cravings. This could also be because TOM is around the corner for me.

I had such an intense PT appointment yesterday and I'm still very sore today. Sticking with just the stretches today and hoping tomorrow I'll feel better and try the elip.

Diana3271
02-05-2013, 10:51 PM

Check-In: LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

Laura I also think some of that gain is water weight. It's amazing though, how quickly we can gain, but it takes forever to get it off. I agree, we are here for you. Hang in there. You know what to do.

Teacher The cravings could be from pending TTOM or the fact that you ate differently on Sunday. Did you eat many sweets/carbs? If so, your body is craving those sweets/carbs again. They literally act like a drug on your body. It's almost like you have to go through a detox (abstain from the sweets/carbs) to get them out of your body before you start feeling better.

TurboLaura
02-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Thank you all...you're all so supportive and kind. You're both so right....this was a detox day for me and I feel so much better. Teacher -- TOM also makes it worse for me too.

Fire 60 tonight...great workout!

TurboLaura
02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey ladies! :wave:

How were your days?

Feeling good today and down 4 pounds from yesterday...must be water but I wish it was fat! :lol:

Fire 45 EZ and Lower 20 tonight. Take care :)

teacher1
02-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Diana- yep lots of sweets & carbs

Laura- glad you had a drop

Doing my stretches and hip is still a little sore which is frustrating. I'm a little down today but it's overcast here so might be from the weather.

Diana3271
02-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Check-In: Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp

Laura Wow! You are definitely holding onto some water weight. Hey, it doesn't matter if it's fat or water weight. At least it's gone.

Teacher Sending you a hug and some good thoughts. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

TurboLaura
02-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Teacher - :hug: I hope that you had a better day today. Stinks being injured and feeling down. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Diana - Thank you! How was your day? Great workout :carrot:

Down another 2.5 pounds today so that makes 6.5 pounds in 2 days. CRAZY and glad it's gone. :D

I feel so much like myself doing TF again! Fire 30 and Upper 20 tonight. Following weeks 12-20 on the calender. Bracing for a blizzard here! School canceled for me already for tomorrow!!!

teacher1
02-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Laura- wonderful on dropping those pounds :) My little brother is spending the night tomorrow. Be safe in the blizzard.... snow days are the best!

Diana- thanks... still a little sore today... I have PT tomorrow

My friend's baby that was in the NICU went home Sat. and so I had a nice visit today.

Diana3271
02-07-2013, 09:40 PM

Laura Good job with the scale! :carrot: Enjoy your day off!

Teacher Good news about your friend's baby. I'm glad things are improving for them. As soon as you get to feeling better from your PT, you have another appointment. ;)

TurboLaura
02-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Hey ladies!

Teacher - I'm so glad that your friends baby is home! YAY!!!! :broc: How are you feeling today? Hopefully PT won't be too painful. Have a great night with your brother - just hanging around together? I have to say I'm not too bothered by this snow day!!! Not looking forward to 2+ feet of snow...this is CRAZY!

Diana - TGIF! :D Any plans for the weekend? Do you like Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp? Is it 1 workout or a set? So sorry if you already told me this.

Fire 55EZ and Abs 10 today...along with TONS of shoveling, I'm sure! Can't believe it...weighed in at 159 today. How the heck can I go from 167-159 in 3 days?!?!?!?! Just glad it is....my stomach is so flat again so I'm guessing tons of bloat. I'm feeling so motivated again and on track with TF that I really think this time I will get to my 140 goal!

;) have a wonderful weekend!

teacher1
02-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Laura- good luck with all that snow shoveling... be safe

I had PT and it went okay... not as sore as last time. We'll see how things feel tomorrow.

Diana3271
02-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In:
LM Combat Power Hiit 1 w/12's
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

Laura Cardio Camp is a single workout. I do like it a lot. It's a good cardio workout. Here's a link to the workout description. It looks like Collage took the video down since it's no longer available from them. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/cia-2605-cardio-camp-7654

Teacher I hope tomorrow is a good day for you and you are not sore.

teacher1
02-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi ladies!!

A little sore but trying to be positive... i got the first bill from PT and it's $298 for 7 sessions. I'm okay with the cost but I'd like to see some more progress.
Going to an early Vday celebration tonight with DH. Back on track with counting tomorrow. I've gotten a little side tracked lately and it's showing on the scale :( up 2 pounds this week. I'm refocusing!!!!

TurboLaura
02-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Hey ladies!
Teacher - those pounds will be gone in no time! I hope that you have a great celebration!

Diana - how was your day?

LOADS of snow here! I can't believe that I fell on my front steps and tweaked my back...have never done this! Still was able to shovel and will do Fire 60 tonight. I just can't zig zag but should be able to do everything else.

Take care!!!!

Diana3271
02-09-2013, 09:55 PM

Check-In: LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

I had a quiet day. Not much going on. Sometimes that's a good thing. ;)

Teacher Enjoy your evening. We haven't decided what we are going to do for Valentine's Day. I actually haven't had time to even think about it. :(

Laura I hope you are OK from that fall. Stay safe and take care.

TurboLaura
02-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Hey ladies! :D

Diana - sounds like you've been very busy! Busy time of year with work? We haven't really thought about Valentine's yet either as my husband teaches grad school on Thursdays. Kinda stinks!

Teacher - did you have a nice celebration?

Back is feeling ok...was able to have a great workout with Fire 60 last night. It felt better when I loosened up a bit and I could do everything. Today I'm scheduled for Core 20 but I may also do a quick cardio with it. 158 today! YAY!

teacher1
02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
hi ladies-

Laura- glad the back is ok

Diana- hope things slow down a little for you

We had a nice steak dinner last night. Back on track with calorie counting and tracking today. Have a great day!!

Diana3271
02-10-2013, 10:11 PM

Laura Things got really hectic for me in the last couple of weeks because of the computer failure. I needed to rearrange some stuff on the computer desk. I rearranged all of the power surge strips, etc. I actually removed 4 of them. I don't know how we ended up with that much of a mess. I removed all of the computer/printer stuff since I was upgrading our internet. I got backed up doing my month end books because one day the internet people were in the office. The next day I had the new computer installed. I did get caught up by Friday, though. I'm glad you are doing OK from the fall.

Teacher Glad you had a nice dinner.

TurboLaura
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Hello!!!!! :wave:

Home from school AGAIN today due to the snow and poor road conditions. CRAZY!

Diana - I bet things get backed up VERY quickly with the computers are off. It's amazing how dependent we are....at school I feel so paralyzed when I can't get online! Glad that you are caught up and hope that you were able to have some relaxing time this weekend.

Teacher - glad that you had a good dinner!!

Hiit 30 and Upper 20 for me today. What do you ladies think of this? 1 advanced cardio week, 1 advanced hiit week, 1 advanced cardio week then a recovery week. - instead of 3 advanced cardio weeks and a recovery week followed by 3 advanced hitt week then a cardio week. I'm just trying to change it up and get results...hoping my body doesn't get accustomed! I don't like that the advanced cardio is the SAME schedule for 3 consecutive weeks. Input please!!!!

teacher1
02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
laura- Diana might be more help in the routine area but I think changing it up will help keep you motivated and keep your body guessing

today- Elip 30 min... my PT got moved to tomorrow and the hip was better so I hopped on the elip... hip seems okay still :)

Diana3271
02-11-2013, 06:46 PM

Check-In:
LM Shock Plyo w/12's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

I am really thinking that TF is a more intense cardio than Combat is. Maybe TF is more constant movement where as there is more starting/stopping with Combat. :?:

Laura I think that rotation sounds good. My thinking, I don't know for a fact, but the idea behind 3 weeks of advanced cardio is to keep pushing and building your cardio base.

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. Good luck with your PT tomorrow. Are you scheduled for a certain number of sessions or is it open, depending on your needs?

teacher1
02-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Diana- the number of PT sessions is just based on how my hip heals... but with that our deductible for insurance starts over in April. So I'm really hoping to be done in March or before that.

PT was okay today.... seeing some balance improvements... next PT Friday

TurboLaura
02-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey ladies!

Teacher - glad that you saw some improvements and glad that it seems ok!! Thanks for your input, too!

Diana - WOW - AWESOME workouts yesterday!! I agree 100% TF is much more cardio intense than Combat. Combat is still great, though!

I think I'm going to stick with the schedule as is..3 advanced cardio, recovery, 3 advanced hiit, recovery. Honestly, they test this stuff and make the schedule like this for a reason. My back has been quite sore and working through the pain wasn't a good idea over the weekend....Mon and Tues off and back to TF tomorrow. Can you believe I had school canceled again today!!??!?!?!

Take care :)

Diana3271
02-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 60 w/weighted gloves

Today was a rest day, so I decided to do another TF.

Remember our part time worker. He will pick at me, at times, while I'm working out. I think I have shared our exchanges with you before. Today I was doing TF and I was doing a Fire Drill. I was jumping when he walked in the door. He told me: "I tend to have that affect on women" Of course I had to bite and ask "What affect is that". He said "Women always seem to jump for joy when I walk in a room". :p

Ah, the joys of working with men. :D ;)

Teacher Good job on all of that work you are putting into your PT. I'm so glad to hear that you are seeing progress! :carrot:

Laura Take it easy. You don't want to prolong the healing.

teacher1
02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Laura- that's a lot of snow days..... I hope your back gets better soon

Diana- it's great you can workout at work

today- elip 30 min :)

Diana3271
02-13-2013, 09:38 PM

Check-In:
LM Shock Plyo w/12's
LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Keep up the great work!

teacher1
02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
:val1: Happy Valentine's Day!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Hi Everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! :val1:

Check-In
LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves (cardio portion)
LM Live Combat 30 w/weighted gloves

Teacher How is the hip doing now that you have been working out on the elliptical on a regular basis?

TurboLaura
02-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, Ladies!!!!!!! :val2:

Waitng for my honey to get home from teaching as we speak and we're going out tomorrow night for Mexican. LOVE IT!

STILL letting my back heal. I didn't realize how uncomfortable it was and the pain started to go down my leg..ugh. Feeling better though.

Diana - too funny about the employee!!!! Men can be hysterical. I have the best assistant principal at school... :) You're killing it with the workouts!! GO YOU! :Bravo:

Teacher - ya on the eliptical!

Take care all...VERY excited to report that we booked a trip to Maui for this summer! WAAHOO!

Diana3271
02-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! Enjoy the weekend!

Check-In: TF Fire 55 EZ w/weighted gloves

I might change the rest of the Combat rotation around. There is only about 1 1/2 weeks left. I might do the Hiits on the weekends so I don't have to deal with them during the week. I don't think it will make that much of a difference since I am at the end of the rotation.

Laura Oh how exciting to be going to Maui! I can't wait to hear all about it! Did you eat out last night? We had Mexican, too.

Teacher Did you have PT today?

teacher1
02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Diana- No, I had to cancel my PT since I subbed all day... next PT is on Tues.

Laura- healing wishes your way

today- just stretches

teacher1
02-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi ladies

I was up to 210 last week and this week at 208 so I adjusted my ticker. My lowest was 207 about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Off to do 30 min on the elip. Have a great weekend.

Diana3271
02-16-2013, 07:40 PM

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Check-In: LM Hiit Power w/12's

Only 10 workouts left in this rotation! :carrot: I will be glad to finish it!

Teacher Good job getting back on track and your weight is headed back in the right direction.:carrot:

TurboLaura
02-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Hey all...glad that you're all doing well!

Diana, I think that would be fine to adjust the schedule to do hiits on weekends. We went out for Mexican last night and it was yummy:)

Teacher - good job with the weight loss :D

Back is feeling REALLY good :carrot: Can't wait to kill it with the workouts next week.

Diana3271
02-17-2013, 03:33 PM

Check-In:
LM Hiit Shock Plyo w/12's
TF Hiit 15

Don't even ask what I was thinking when I decided to do this combo. I obviously wasn't thinking! But I did survive and got through it . . . just barely! :rofl:

Laura Glad to hear that your back is better.

teacher1
02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi ladies-

Laura- it's great your back is better

Diana- wow, impressive workout!!!

I only got my stretches in today since my brother is in town visiting.

Diana3271
02-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Teacher Good job keeping up with those stretches. Enjoy the visit with your brother.

teacher1
02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi ladies!!!

today- elip 30 min... I have PT tomorrow

Diana3271
02-18-2013, 09:47 PM

Check-In: LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

Teacher Good job on the elliptical, good luck tomorrow with PT.

teacher1
02-19-2013, 04:09 PM
I had PT and it went good today. Making even more progress but still not healed. The PT said it will be a long process until I won't notice any problems with my hip :( A little depressing but got cleared to try a short cycle class. So I'm planning on going tomorrow morning if the weather cooperates. Wed & Thurs are showing some bad winter weather so we'll see what happens.

Diana3271
02-19-2013, 09:14 PM

Check-In:
LM Combat 30 Live w/weighted gloves
LM Combat 30 w/weighted gloves

Where is Laura? I hope everything is OK.

Teacher You are still making progress, so that's fantastic. I remember when I was in a car wreck. I went through PT. One day the therapist told me that they had done all they could do and they didn't see any reason for any more treatments. I was floored. I was still in pain, but didn't know what to do. I went through pain for a couple more years. I decided to go to a chiropractor. I would feel great right after the treatments, but I continued to hurt and would feel the same when I went to my next appointment. My Dad became sick, so I couldn't continue with the treatments since I had to take my Dad to the Dr. Through that process my TMJ started flaring up again. The dentist gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer for my jaw. I went through a process with the muscle relaxer so I wouldn't become addicted to it. The muscle relaxer is the only thing that helped my neck. I would massage my neck and do stretches daily. The only thing I could figure is the muscle relaxer and massaging helped to get blood flow to that area and that allowed for healing. I have been fine since.

teacher1
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
I agree... where is Laura?? Hopefully things are okay.

Diana- that's long healing process..... I was a little disappointed when the PT said I would be feeling it long after I stopped PT.... just wishing for a quick fix.

It's a no go on the y today... woke up to snow and it's still coming down. Lots of accidents so I decided to stay home. The forecast says snow all day today and tomorrow. Off to hop on the elip for 30 min.

TurboLaura
02-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Ladies!!! I'm so sorry for being MIA. Ended up feeling pretty low for a few days with my mom being sick and I haven't been eating well or exercising. BACK ON TRACK TODAY and forever. I won't allow myself to be unhealthy!

Fire 30 with Core 20 today.
Keep up the great job, ladies!
Teacher - it's amazing how long it can take to heal completely. It sounds like you;re doing all of the right things, though.

Diana3271
02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi Laura! I'm glad you checked in. How are things going with your Mom? We are here for you any time you need us. Please try to check in (if you can) since we are a small group and we worry when someone is missing for a time. ;)

Diana3271
02-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

TurboLaura
02-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Nice workout, Diana! Thanks for your kind words. So sorry, mostly sorry to myself, that I found comfort in cookies and other junk food for about a week. UGH. My workouts killed me today but I did them! Did very well today and feel like myself again.

Mom is doing well and started radiation on Tues. It's just hard to imagine not having her...I know you can relate, Diana. :hug:

Thank you both again and I will be back posting workouts daily. :D

SophieCormier
02-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Hey there everybody!
I'll be joining you ladies soon, just ordered Turbo Jam this morning. Now the wait begins to receive it haha! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to start working out with you guys ;)

teacher1
02-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Sophie- :welcome: We'd love to have you join us... we do all sorts of mixed workouts....I'm currently taking it slow due to a hip injury. I love turbo jam!!

Laura- I understand falling back into old habits...I was so good for 4 weeks in Jan then got lazy and had to refocus this week. It's a journey. I'll be praying for your mom.

Diana- great workout :carrot:

:snowglo: Snow day.... it's day 2 of lots of snow. We've had about 13 inches and it's going to snow more later in the day. So many things are shut down. I'm getting stir crazy and want to take the dogs to my parents but I'll probably stay put today. The hip was a little sore after my snow shoveling yesterday.

today- elip 30 min & snow shoveling

TurboLaura
02-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Hey all!!

Sophie - :welcome2:!! You're going to love Turbo Jam! It's fabulous :)
Teacher - thank you! I appreciate your kind thoughts of my mom and for your understanding. Day 2 of back on track and I feel awesome. WOW - that's lots of snow...I understand what you mean about being stir crazy!
Diana - I hope that you had a great day :D

Today - Fire 30 and Upper 20. Gotta love Turbo Fire!

Diana3271
02-21-2013, 09:15 PM

Check-In: KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (both workouts premix)

I was feeling tired due to TTOM. It was a rest day from LM Combat so the KCM was a good one for a low energy day. I'm glad the modifier was there since I followed her several times.

Sophie Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: It's great to have you join us.

Teacher The snow shoveling is definitely a workout! Stay safe.

Laura I totally understand. Hang in there and think positive. The treatments work for a lot of people. There are so many survivors. Let me know if you ever want to talk. Sending your Mom and you plenty of positive thoughts and prayers. :hug:

TurboLaura
02-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Hey ladies! Friday already = what a fast vacation week!

Again, Diana and Teacher, thank you for being so kind.

Diana - it can be hard to get through workouts with very low energy. Great job on getting it done!

Teacher - any more snow in your area?

Today: Fire 55EZ and Abs 10.

Diana3271
02-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Check-In:
Cathe's 100 Bicep Challenge w/12's
LM Hiit Power w/12's

I am determined to get through this rotation before the end of the month. I want to do a couple fun workouts before I start my next rotation.

Laura Good job on the TF!

teacher1
02-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Diana- good job on getting through the workout with low energy

Laura- yep, a little more snow and now we have a second snow day

Sophie- hi

We had the second highest snow fall ever in Wichita in the last 2 days. So I'm stuck at home again today. The main roads are cleared but the side streets are a mess. But the sun is out and the snow has stopped. My hope is to get out tomorrow. I cleaned the house today so I skipped the elip. The hip is a little sore from shoveling.

teacher1
02-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Diana- we posted at the same time... looks like a big workout :carrot:

Diana3271
02-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Diana- we posted at the same time... looks like a big workout :carrot:

Sometimes I wonder what I'm actually thinking when I do those things. :lol: I hope the snow lets up and you can get out tomorrow.

TurboLaura
02-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey ladies! Hope you're all having a great Saturday!

Teacher - the snow in Kansas made national news! I thought of you this morning :) Have you gotten out yet?

Diana - KILLER workouts! HOLY Crap!

TF 60 and Abs 10 for me today! I'm changing my ticker to be honest with where I really am....162 this AM.

Diana3271
02-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Quick post:

I rarely get sore any more, even with starting a new program. I don't think it's because of a particular fitness level. I think it's more because I workout consistently. OMG! My biceps/forearms are so sore from the 100 bicep challenge I did yesterday. :yikes:

teacher1
02-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Diana- wow, you're going to have big guns!!! Rocking the arm workout!

Laura- I'm going to my parents today after lunch. It stopped snowing and it's slowly melting but forecast shows more snow Sunday night. I had to adjust my ticker up last week so I feel your pain.

My weight is moving down again- 2 pounds this week. Off to do the elip for 30 min.

TurboLaura
02-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Nice job on the 2 pounds, teacher!!!!!! :bravo:
Diana - I hope that you had a great Sunday! Wahoo on the arm workouts :) It DOES mean you're in good shape, too!

Day off for me today. I REALLY wish my husband didn't get pizza last night...it's my favorite fatty food. I made him promise not to do it again for months! He's very thin and lost 60-65 himself and has kept it off for 3 years!

A tip - if anyone is looking for another program Hip Hop Abs is on special through Beachbody!

teacher1
02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Laura- pizza is one of my weaknesses.

Another winter storm is heading my way. It was a madhouse at the store. I took the dogs to my parents to get some energy out. Forecast shows 8-14 inches starting tomorrow and Tues. The main problem is the heavy wind which will make it hard to see. I have PT tomorrow but might have to reschedule if the roads are bad. No workout to report today.

Diana3271
02-24-2013, 10:21 PM

Check-In:
LM Hiit Power w/12's

I finished my LM Combat rotation! :carrot: I am so happy about that! It was starting to get old. :lol:

Teacher Awesome job on the 2 pounds! :bravo: I hope you get a nice sunny day soon. :sunny:

Laura I really wish BB would come out with more TF workouts. Do you ever see requests for this? I haven't contacted BB about it.

teacher1
02-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Diana- we had a very nice and sunny weekend so I got out some :)

Laura- did all your snow melt there?

Oh my... I went to PT at 10:30 and no snow and by the time I got home at noon, it's a blizzard. Snow is coming down but the wind is so intense it's making it hard to see. So another snow day! It's crazy and it's going to keep snowing until tomorrow. They said this might be the 3rd biggest snow storm in Wichita's history and we just had the 2nd biggest last week. The city is running out of salt and places to put the snow. It really is beautiful... it's like being in a snow globe. :snowglo: I'm really going to enjoy this winter weather because in no time, it will be 100 degrees here in the summer. :flow2:

Diana3271
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM

Check-In: Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp Workout

Teacher I hear you on the 100* temps! Once it's here it will be suffocating with all of the humidity we get.

TurboLaura
02-25-2013, 10:14 PM

Teacher - most of the snow is gone! Ican;t believe you're getting more blizzard like weather! You're right...it's beautiful and you're smart to enjoy it!

Diana - I've heard some rumors about another set of TF dvd's coming out. Chalene posted on FB to subscribe to her page on youtube to view the new workouts - hopefully they aren't only Turbo Kick, which are done in gyms and only sold to certified instructors.

Tonight: 30 minute speed walk with the pups...had to get some fresh air! I'm heading off to do Abs 10 now.

Take care :)

Diana3271
02-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Diana - I've heard some rumors about another set of TF dvd's coming out. Chalene posted on FB to subscribe to her page on youtube to view the new workouts - hopefully they aren't only Turbo Kick, which are done in gyms and only sold to certified instructors.

Laura You can buy the Turbo Kick Fan workouts from Chalene. I have Volume 3 which contains 2 workouts. One is led by Chalene and the other one, Turbo Kick Sport, is let by Janelle. I remember last year they went on sale for $10 a piece. I didn't buy at that time because I was wanting the same intensity as TF and they are not as intense. They are more intense than Turbo Jam, though. Let me know if you hear anything else about Turbo Fire. I would be all over that!

Diana3271
02-26-2013, 05:57 PM

Check-In:
LM Sports Attack
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

teacher1
02-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Another snow day!!! It snowed through the night and today it's bright and sunny. The main roads are fine and the side streets are a mess. School will be back on tomorrow and all the businesses should be back to normal.

today- elip 30 min

SophieCormier
02-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Hey there ladies! You guys are doing great! Keep it up! :) Thank you all for the warm welcomes!
I just tracked my order and looks like it'll be delivered today but I'm at work so I'll have to pick it up at the post office on Saturday since it closes when I finish. I'm probably going to start Monday, March 3rd so I'll join you guys in the March thread. I can't wait!

teacher1 - You don't live in the maritimes by any chance? Haha! With all that snow, it sounds so familiar to here.

teacher1
02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Sophie- I live in Kansas :) We don't normally get this much snow... it's been a record breaking this year. Good luck with getting started.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM

Check-In:
JM 30 DS Day 1 Level 1 w/#5's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

I decided to start my new rotation today since I was no longer sore from the bicep (fiasco), I mean challenge, from last Friday. :lol: I also wanted to get it started in case I have to skip a day, I can still finish within the month.

Sophie :wave: Good to see you!

Teacher Good job on the elliptical. :carrot: Yesterday AM we had 2 inches of rain and had over 5 inches since the weekend. The weather has been crazy for sure. The trees in the back yard are starting to bloom and the pollen is falling already.

SophieCormier
02-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Teacher - Ah, I see :) And thanks!

Diana - Good to see you too hehe! Wow, you did two workouts yesterday, that's AWESOME! Way to go!

Well, boyfriend was home when my order arrived yesterday so I have it, yay! The only downfall, they forgot to send me the gloves. I had to contact customer service and they're sending me a pair but I'll only get it in 2-4 business days... grrr! Ah well, looks like I'll start without them and then add them when I get them. I don't know whether to start now or wait till Monday... I haven't planned anything. I still don't know what I'm doing diet-wise. I received a little booklet I need to read through. I know there's a 10 day thing with diet. Not sure if I'll do it or not. What do you guys think I should do? I know I'll be drinking booze and eating junk this weekend (sisters night out) so I don't know...

teacher1
02-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Sophie- is one of the videos- learn and burn? One of the videos should teach the different moves so I would start with that and do it the next few days and start the rotation once you're familiar with the moves (which shouldn't be long). I'm calorie counting and tracking the calories on my daily burn website. Diana and Laura might have other advise.

Laura and Diana- hi ladies!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
02-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Quick post, I'll be back later after I do my workout.

Tomorrow is March 1 so I wanted to get us ready for that.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/276666-march-2013-turbo-fire-more-check.html

TurboLaura
02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Hello ladies!!

Nice workouts and keep up the good work!

Sophia - welcome! TJ is a fabulous workout :) Maybe try to do Learn and Burn today and tomorrow to get used to the moves and Chalene's cueing and start with the schedule on Monday.

Check in: yesterday Combat 30.
Not sure about tonight yet but it will be a longer cardio!
I will be starting a 2 month cycle of Insanity on Monday! Determined and excited to lost the final pounds and get ripped :)

Diana3271
02-28-2013, 10:43 PM

Check-In:
JM's 30 DS Day 2 Level 1 w/#5's
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves

Sophie I would also look at Learn and Burn and not even worry about the gloves. I would start the workouts as soon as you can. That way you will be burning calories and in the program sooner. You can read over the food program to see if it interests you. It won't work if you don't like the foods. I like counting calories. You may look into that.

Teacher Good job on being consistent.

Laura I feel that I have lost some strength since stopping Insanity. Push ups are back to being difficult to do. :( I still cannot believe that I got through Insanity with all that I had going on with my Mom, the shingles, etc. Maybe feeling powerful with the program is what helped me.