Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - February 2013 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
01-31-2013, 10:51 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

pinkflakes
02-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the new thread! :) Wow Jan. went by fast!

Calories yesterday- 1526

zumba/pilates

Diana3271
02-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Good Morning :wave: TGIF! :woohoo: I hope you have a great weekend!

We ate at Cracker Barrel last night. I had 3 orders of turnip greens with my pork chop. The sodium in the greens will cause me a gain (but they were sure good and a nice change from steamed veggies ;)). I also had less than 6 hours of sleep last night. That's a one two punch that's not a good combo for me.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.2
Up: .6

I lost 4.8 pounds for the month of January.

mamakat
02-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I gained weight for Jan. :( Cracker Barrel is so high in sodium, but that's where I could get my fix of chicken dumplings (of course no more). I actually thought their pancakes were salty :lol: I haven't been since 2008. Congrats on new computer :)

Yesterday I went for a 1.62 mile walk. We had a wind storm the other night but it warmed considerably. I thought, what the heck and tried for it, but it got windy and cold in ten minutes time, so I circled back. I wasn't wearing anything over my small ears so I had to get them out of the cold :lol: That was the extent of my exercise. Hopefully it will pick up now that it's February...yeah, like a new month makes a difference :lol: Well I'll pretend that it does and say, this is heart healthy month, so I should get my heart pumping...there a goal :lol:

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!

Misti in Seattle
02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Good morning, everyone. Diana, thanks for starting the new thread for us.

Psychic
02-01-2013, 07:39 AM
I decided to bump my calorie intake up to 1500 this week, just to see if I'll still lose weight. Didn't do great yesterday. Went to a friend's birthday at a Hibachi restaurant. I tried to approximate calories as best as I could for that. However, eight hours between meals had me munching on more than I wanted to. Should have planned better.

5am - 260
Turkey Ham - 90
Swiss Cheese - 80
Whole-Grain Bread - 90

9am - 90
Fiber One Brownie - 90

12pm - 300
Progresso Reduced Sodium Chicken and Wild Rice - 240
Juicy Juice - 60

3pm - 40
Mandarin Orange - 40

5pm - 280
Chocolate Marbled Cheddar Cheese - 220 (Found at Aldis and had to try it)
Starbucks Skinny Iced Latte - 60 (was trying to keep warm and needed to order something to stay inside)

8pm - 900 (Hard to estimate this one, but this should be close)
Hibachi Chicken - 350
Hibachi Veggies - 100
Hibachi Shrimp - 50
Hibachi Lo Mein - 250
Clear Soup - 50
Ginger Salad - 100

Total: 1870
Weight: 189.0

alaskanlaughter
02-01-2013, 01:39 PM
good morning :) ive been in alot of pain this week with the infection at the root of my tooth....i had the root canal done this morning and i had an amazing dentist to work on me...the numbing shots hardly hurt, which is unusual for me, and the work was fast and painless...i was in and out in under 45 minutes TOTAL!

one piece of advice to the others who are looking at dental work....if you dont like your dentist CHANGE HIM!! i've been to 3 dentists in town out of maybe 10-12 that practice here, and the first was great, the second was awful, and this one was great...don't be afraid to take your money elsewhere

i go back next friday morning to have them put the crown on the tooth but i know from experience that it's a very quick and easy procedure with minimal numbing shots

of course i worked this morning...when i got home from the dentist i cleaned up the house and started laundry because i know i have a long day ahead and once the anesthetic wears off, i will be sore...in a few hours, i go back to work...after that i take my younger son to our school's fun night event...then i drive my teenager to wherever he's going tonight (a friends house)...and THEN i'll be done, probably by 9 p.m.

of course i havent eaten anything except my antibiotic this morning....i'll be hungry later lol

Ellemphriem
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Get well soon Alaskanlaughter.

I am doing ok i suppose. I see the scale nearing 163 pounds and then see it going up to 164 again arghhh.......it makes me angry. Maybe you guys know about what is happening with me. For 2 days in a row i feel a bad stomach. Like i want to throw up, like i don't want to eat......but when i fantasize sweets and spaghetti (for example) my mouth is watering. Then i fantasize my night salad and my stomach gives a twist and shows me it's tongue.....do you think that maybe i am going through a stomach flu or maybe it's my new eating regime that is bothering my digestion?

alaskanlaughter
02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
i go through phases where nothing sounds good to eat...or i'll think of something awesome to eat, take a few bites and be like "meh not so good"...it usually balances itself out and a few days later i will be starving and eating better

i also get so hungry sometimes that i feel like i'm going to throw up....and then i dont WANT to eat because i think i'll puke...but in reality i NEED to eat something and when i do eat, i feel a million times better

Radiojane
02-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm down a measly .6 today. Talk about inching towards 100. Ill be up tomorrow because I spent today at the spa with my mom and my sister in law, so we ate out for lunch & dinner. Plus side is after a facial, massage, mineral spa dip and reflexology session all courtesy of my brother (he sent his girlfriend as an anniversary gift and didn't want her to go alone), I feel pretty darn good!

Yesterday calories in:1597
Yesterday calories out:816

Fluffypuppy
02-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Trying the accountability thread for the first time. Today so far I had a disgusting meal at Tim Horton's. A grilled cheese panini that tasted like plastic. They are supposed to be 430 cals but I lost my mind and put a little margarine on it so 510. Just now I'm going to have yogurt 100 and wasabi peas 100 so 710 cals at 8 pm. Exercise was an hour's walk at a moderate pace (didnt increase heart rate).

Marniadec
02-01-2013, 07:50 PM
pinkflakes, this is from January's topic, but I started PMSing today and I was just talking to my friend about it. I've read that you need to eat an extra 200 calories because your body burns more to prepare for TOM. I do eat the extra calories, but it doesn't help me personally. We went and got one slice of pizza each, today. An hour later, I was still very hungry and I got a second one. I threw it away after I had 2 bites, because I felt like I was too full to eat it, although I was still starving. I just have to ignore it and most of the days, I do.

Well, I don't know how much I lost in January because ~surprise!~ I'm bloated now and I was bloated when January began, too. I lost at least 10 lbs, though. Also, the finals are over!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

pinkflakes
02-01-2013, 07:54 PM
pinkflakes, this is from January's topic, but I started PMSing today and I was just talking to my friend about it. I've read that you need to eat an extra 200 calories because your body burns more to prepare for TOM. I do eat the extra calories, but it doesn't help me personally. We went and got one slice of pizza each, today. An hour later, I was still very hungry and I got a second one. I threw it away after I had 2 bites, because I felt like I was too full to eat it, although I was still starving. I just have to ignore it and most of the days, I do.

Well, I don't know how much I lost in January because ~surprise!~ I'm bloated now and I was bloated when January began, too. I lost at least 10 lbs, though. Also, the finals are over!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thanks for the info! :) Today it has died down some thank goodness...Feeling like a bottomless pit is awful!

Great job on the 10 pounds:)

kjnnc
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
This will be my first "check in" and what an awesome idea for a thread!!!!

Today's calories so far - 943 ( but I will have a fruity smoothie before bed)
Weight this morning - 212.2

Diana3271
02-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I hope you are having a great start to your weekend! :carrot:

Mamakat Remember you had the attack of the gluten. I'm sure you are holding onto stuff from that. It will be off in no time and you will be working your way back down. Ah, the chicken and dumplings! My Maw Maw (grandmother) used to make the best. In fact, they were used as medicine for us grandkids. If Maw Maw found out I was not feeling well, she would make me some chicken and dumplings and I would soon be feeling better. They were the best medicine ever! ;) Hey! I like that goal! Let's see, what get's our heart pumping! ;) You can still get away with not exercising and meeting your goal if you can get that heart pumping from another means. :D ;) I hope you had a wonderful day.

Misti Hi! How are things going with you? Are you still working your plan and exercising?

Psychic How was the chocolate cheddar? I have had a variety of fruit in cheese and they were awesome!

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad your dental appointment went well. I hope you will be on the mend and feeling better.

Ellemphriem That does sound odd with your stomach. Maybe something hasn't agreed with you. I hope you are not getting sick.

Radiojane Good job on the .6. Nothing wrong with that. You spa treatments sound awesome! I loved the massage we had on the cruise. That was the first for me. When things calm down for me, I'm thinking about getting another massage.

Fluffypuppy Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Marniadec Did you notice being bloated in December. I'm wondering if you are having issues from stress/finals and that's causing the bloating.

Kjnnc Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Diana3271
02-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories

Exercise
LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

novangel
02-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I freaked out when I saw our thread locked and then realized TADA! it's a new month. :D I like new months although right now it's a whopping 14 degrees (wind chill making it 6 degrees) so it's like Siberia out there. May can't come fast enough. :cloud9:

On a side note I'm all alone in the house tonight which is freaking fabulous. Just me and the cat. Ahhhhh..

I spent about an hour at the gym, it was nice and quiet tonight plus it's so cold outside it stayed pretty cool in there so I got a great workout. When it's too hot I burn out real fast.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for Mexican food so I'm going to have to make sure to bust butt again. I'm sure I will be totally bloated but oh well, won't be the first time.

alaskanlaughter
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
i feel pretty good tonight from the dental work....he was a very good dentist...the anesthetic wore off much faster than usual, does weight loss affect that???...the only pain i've had is directly on my tooth, which feels like it's been drilled and patched etc (duh!) ....the other facial pain is gone and hasnt' come back...i havent taken anything for the after-affects, not even ibuprofen, and i dont need to, thats how good of a dentist he was :)

ive eaten 1115 calories today of mostly soft foods and liquids...i'll probably eat something else before bedtime...after the dental work, i cleaned up the house, rested awhile and went back to work...did the thing with my son tonight etc...now i get to sit down til bedtime

alaskanlaughter
02-02-2013, 01:30 AM
so im lazy, tired and dont feel like googling info...

my throat has been sore since the anesthetic wore off....am i still sick? did bits of the infection get on my throat as they did the root canal? is this my body's way of recovering/handling physical stresses?

novangel do you have any idea? you said you worked in dentistry...it would totally suck to have the sinus infection cleared, the root infection cleared, only to have the same infection land on my throat...i just finished my antibiotics today too

pinkflakes
02-02-2013, 05:05 AM
I freaked out when I saw our thread locked and then realized TADA! it's a new month. :D I like new months although right now it's a whopping 14 degrees (wind chill making it 6 degrees) so it's like Siberia out there. May can't come fast enough. :cloud9:

It's freezing here also! Brrr.

alaskanlaughter - Hope you feel better soon!

kjnnc- Welcome!

pinkflakes
02-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Good Morning! :)

Calories yesterday- 1262

zumba/pilates.

I stopped the 30 DS I could not keep up:(. Maybe once I get in better shape I will try again.

Have a great day everyone!

Misti in Seattle
02-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Hello everyone

Welcome to the newbies!!!

Diana, I want to thank you especially because when I am "laying a bit low" here you always ask and "check up on me" a bit. :) Yes! I am not only staying on plan but cutting back a bit and increasing the intensity of my exercises. Got some new pool workout equipment and also starting some arm exercises to hopefully get rid of some flab, etc.

I am still not losing weight but my clothes are bigger on me and I have gone down a pants size so definitely gaining muscle. Also my friends who had not seen me for a couple of months could not believe the difference, and I can see it too. It is my boobs and stomach which are massive. Yesterday my friend said "turn around" and took a good look at me from the back and said "you're skinny." So will see what the surgeon says but I will NOT stop my plan! Again, thank you for asking.

I've been working overtime and then when I work out afterward I just don't get onto the forum as much. But glad to read that everyone is doing so well!

Happy weekend, all.

Diana3271
02-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

I am back down to where I was before the turnip greens. I have said this so many times, but it still amazes me how sensitive my body is. I guess that's why it took me 3 years and 4 months to get to my goal weight. I stuck to my plan 100% and worked out every day during that time. I just realized that I have been at it, this time, for 5 years in January.

I'll be back later.

Weigh In: 158.6
Down: .6

mrsj2013
02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Hello everyone! Looks like this is a great place to start being more accountable to myself. You are all providing me the motivation to keep on trying. It seems so hard to keep being positive when you are alone. Thanks.

novangel
02-02-2013, 12:41 PM
my throat has been sore since the anesthetic wore off....am i still sick? did bits of the infection get on my throat as they did the root canal? is this my body's way of recovering/handling physical stresses?

novangel do you have any idea? you said you worked in dentistry...it would totally suck to have the sinus infection cleared, the root infection cleared, only to have the same infection land on my throat...i just finished my antibiotics today too

Tooth infections won't spread and cause throat infections. Generally speaking, tooth infections stay localized within the jaw however can sometimes cause sinus infections on upper teeth when ignored too long since the apex of the tooth (root tip) are sitting right below, and sometimes into the sinus cavity. If it was a lower tooth then you can have some sensitivity in the lower jaw, or possibly your throat but more than likely it's a cold coming on, or lingering from past illness but I remember you saying it was an upper tooth. Sometimes topical anesthetics (or latex allergy) can cause some irritation plus you have people digging in your mouth for an hour. I wouldn't be alarmed. By having this root canal you had the source of the infection removed from your body so that's that. There isn't cross contamination.

In very rare cases infections can get into the blood stream and cause cardiac issues (and even death) but that's extremely rare.

Local anesthetic wear off times depend on the percentage of anesthetic given, number of carpules, a persons tolerance and a PH level. Everything/everyone varies. Some people it's an hour, some can last a good 5-6 hours.

Glad you had a good experience. :) I used to work Endodontics (root canal specialty) for many years. They get a bad reputation but are actually quite boring which is why I left and went back into General Dentistry...Endo got very repetitive. Zzzzzzz

novangel
02-02-2013, 12:59 PM
The friend I was supposed to meet with for Mexican lunch had to cancel so now we're going to meet with other friends for steak dinner. Bring on the soduim bloat! :carrot:

I better get to the gym. :^:

Radiojane
02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
novangel it was -51F with the wind here Thursday. You're in the tropics!

I have a SIX pound sodium jump today. Apparently the mineral pool coupled with eating out did a number on me. Oh we'll. it's water. It will go away.

Yesterday calories in:1700 (estimated, I'm adding a few hundred extra because I always assume restaurant food is hiding something)

Eggs with onions
Garlic sausage
Cheddar cheese
Chicken quesadilla
Apple crumble
Fresh fruit mix
Half glass wine
Chicken penne Alfredo

Yesterday calories out:809
30 minute swim

bunnabear
02-02-2013, 01:09 PM
copying and pasting yesterday's post as suggested:

Not much weight loss this week (down to 157.6) but I had a successful measurement day

Here is my measurement update:
Week 4 to Week 6 change in inches:
Bust: down 0.75
Under bust: down 1.25
Waist: down 0.5
Hips: down 0.75
Left Thigh: down 0.25
Right Thigh: no change

So my 6 week total for inches lost is
Bust: down 2.5
Under bust: down 2.25
Waist: down 2.5
Hips: down 2.25
Left Thigh: down 1.0
Right Thigh: down 0.75

Syckgirlsfv
02-02-2013, 01:16 PM
so far so good...scale still moving in the downward direction, though slowly. I did my turbo sculpt step class last night after 2 weeks of nothing (been sick) and my entire body hurts today. In a good way! when i got home last night my scale said 164 - and this morning it was only up .5 so my official weight today is 164.5. it's FINALLY moving! :carrot: this is where I have to be extra careful...hubs had 12 year old scotch last night, and I had my 2 glasses of Shiraz and that was it. I'm doing good! So far coffee this morning and nothing to eat just yet...:D

novangel
02-02-2013, 01:23 PM
novangel it was -51F with the wind here Thursday. You're in the tropics!

Good lord!

I remember a few years back it getting to -30 with wind chill (which is rare) and I was yelling profanitys all the way to the car, -50 I'd lose it. My southern Italian blood cannot handle anything below 30 degrees. :lol:

novangel
02-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I spent an hour at the gym today, 545 cals burned. I checked the scale again this morning and still reads 143p so it's real. :)

alaskanlaughter
02-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Good lord!

I remember a few years back it getting to -30 with wind chill (which is rare) and I was yelling profanitys all the way to the car, -50 I'd lose it. My southern Italian blood cannot handle anything below 30 degrees. :lol:

when i grew up in interior Alaska, my high school wouldnt close until it hit -50F outside and that's only because they wouldn't run the school buses at those temps

thanks for the info on the root canal....i remember a long time ago this happened after a root canal too, sore throat, stuffy nose etc...i think it's just my body's way of handling all the stresses that it's had lately - sinus infection, root canal etc

i went to the gym today...i only walked, but i walked at a good pace for an hour

pinkflakes
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Weighed in today..down 1 pound! yay!!

novangel
02-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Pink, I'm so happy for you! :carrot: How the heck did you manage to lose 24 pounds in approx 2 months? It says your join date is Dec 2012 and you started at 160p which isn't all that bad, I started around 155. I've been working at losing 15p for almost a year. :o

cat eyed
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi Everyone:

Jumping back in here, finally. Even though I was reading along, I don't think I even posted during Jan. - didn't realize it till it was Feb! :o

Anyway, I increased my exercise during Jan, but didn't quite do as well weight-wise as I hoped. *sigh*

But....I got to move my ticker today!! :dancer: Finally down to 150 - I am so ready to get out of the 150's! I hope to in a week or so. :crossed:

I want to post more often, I think it will help. I will try to do personals later. If not, I will tomorrow. We are going to a hockey game tonight, it will be a challenge to stay away from the snacks, mostly because my husband will want to buy some.

pinkflakes
02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Pink, I'm so happy for you! :carrot: How the heck did you manage to lose 24 pounds in approx 2 months? It says your join date is Dec 2012 and you started at 160p which isn't all that bad, I started around 155. I've been working at losing 15p for almost a year. :o

I eat around 1200-1400 calories a day ..I cut out soda..I workout out 7 days a week. Not sure why it's comming off fast but I am not complaning;)

Marniadec
02-02-2013, 06:41 PM
My mom came to visit. I ate like an American today. :p I had chicken parmesan with mashed potatoes that also had cheddar cheese in them and a salad with chicken and barbecue sauce and a chocolate cupcake with strawberry frosting and a slice of red velvet cake! I was so excited to try that one! I probably went way off calories and I'm really close to getting out of the obese category, so it was kinda stupid, but I don't care. I ate red velvet cake!

Misti in Seattle
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Hi everybody

Whew, exhausting but fun day! After breakfast at the B&B I went down to my favorite health food store. The owners have become my friends. It has been about three months since they have seen me, and the man did not recognize me until I started talking! LOL I guess I HAVE changed a bit.

Then my friend and I went into town to pick up the stuff for tonight's dinner.... pizza and salad. I was planning to grab a nap and still have about an hour so think I will go do so!

Happy weekend.

novangel
02-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I eat around 1200-1400 calories a day ..I cut out soda..I workout out 7 days a week. Not sure why it's comming off fast but I am not complaning;)

I don't drink soda but workout 5-6 days a week (7 days a week is serious dedication!) you're obviously more disciplined with calories than I am too. I wouldn't complain either!!

Case in point I just got back from having a huge steak dinner. No dessert though. :^:

kjnnc
02-02-2013, 08:41 PM
What a productive day I had today... trying to plan my daughter's Sweet 16 party... booked the DJ today and nailed down the location... feeling pretty good about that..... as for my food choices today... I have eaten Chicken for 6 straight days... I broke down and had steak tonight.... it was sooooo good... it was worth the extra calories.... even with the steak and potato I only went over calories by 200 and 15 extra carbs.... probably won't see a loss over the weekend...but don't think I'll gain either.... Hope everyone has a GREAT Sunday!!!!!!

Diana3271
02-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Total Approx 1475 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (390 Calories)
4 Nekot cookies/crackers 160 calories
Plain Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 piece of Rudi's sprouted bread toasted 50 calories
1 serving cottage cheese 80 calories

Dinner (690 Calories)
Turkey Sausage 140 calories
Grits 140 calories 140 calories
Egg & egg whites 130 calories
French toast w/maple syrup (bread, cinnamon, vanilla extract, egg, maple syrup) 280 Calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM

Novangel How did it go at the steakhouse tonight? Is ordering your steak grilled plain without seasoning an option for you? That's how I order mine. DH doesn't like it like that.

Misti Great job on your progress. I hope you enjoy your stay at the BB.

Mrsj2013 Hi and welcome to the check-in. :wave:

Radiojane Sorry about the gain. You did well with your calories, so it will be off quickly.

Bunnabear Great job on your measurements.

Syckgirlsfv Good job getting to the gym. The turbo sculpt class sounds fun.

Alaskanlaughter Hang in there. I hope everything calms down soon, for you.

Pinkflakes Congrats on the pound!

Cat eyed Congrats on the downward movement.

Marniadec It sounds like you enjoyed your meal with your Mom. It sounds delish to me, too. ;)

Kjnnc Sounds like your day went well. Ha Ha about the chicken. I have had times that I thought I was going to start clucking and scratching the ground. ;)

Silverfire
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Breakfast this morning was a toasted egg sandwich (390 cal) It was a late breakfast so I kinda skipped lunch, but had some yogurt (70 cal) to hold me till supper. We went to Costco today so I picked up some Quinoa salad (so good) So supper was a grilled chicken breast and the Quinoa salad with a teaspoon of chia seeds and a half cut up yellow pepper. (325 cal) I gave in and bought a bag of Brookside dark chocolate covered acai blueberry. I had a half a cup of those for 360 cal!! But I still only came to 1145 cals!

I also managed to get up early and I burned ~300 cal on the elliptical! This morning I weighed in at 283.6 and holy crap do I ever hope that sticks!!!

Diana3271
02-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Silverfire Hi and welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Rasagolla
02-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Hello all
Sorry was out for the week. TOM and work was crazy. I should be back this week and will get back to personals soon
Today: ran for 5 miles after a week
Calories: on track

alaskanlaughter
02-03-2013, 12:54 AM
i did good eating today and went to the gym...i did have quite a bit of pizza tonight...it was planned, i'm sure i'm over my calories...i'm kind of just enjoying a few foods this weekend and then i really need to clamp down on my carbs on monday...i dont want to go "low carb" because it makes me truly obsessive over carbs and cravings like mad but i need to get to no-sugar, no-wheat at least, because that works for me...i might even start putting carb counts in my calorie food log also...tomorrow we are baking brownies...ive been craving brownies for A WEEK at least...i wanted to have pizza and brownies and then on monday start really cracking back down on the sugar etc....probably not the smartest plan in the world but mentally, i'm exhausted and drained and have come this-close to throwing in the towel this week because i'm JUST NOT LOSING and the mental energy it takes is exhausting me

oh and now that my root canal and sinuses have been resolved, today my car broke down...really universe? anything else? lol.....driving my teenager somewhere, the serpentine belt broke...was NOT fun driving it home without power steering....my BIL will replace the belt tomorrow...thank goodness it wasn't something worse...my checkbook is about empty by now lol

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 01:15 AM
I don't drink soda but workout 5-6 days a week (7 days a week is serious dedication!) you're obviously more disciplined with calories than I am too. I wouldn't complain either!!

Case in point I just got back from having a huge steak dinner. No dessert though. :^:

Yes the only 1 thing I cheated on was my daughters B-day cake :P

Other then that I have vegis,tuna,eggs (boiled) and some rice sometimes.

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Hi Everyone:

Jumping back in here, finally. Even though I was reading along, I don't think I even posted during Jan. - didn't realize it till it was Feb! :o

Anyway, I increased my exercise during Jan, but didn't quite do as well weight-wise as I hoped. *sigh*

But....I got to move my ticker today!! :dancer: Finally down to 150 - I am so ready to get out of the 150's! I hope to in a week or so. :crossed:

I want to post more often, I think it will help. I will try to do personals later. If not, I will tomorrow. We are going to a hockey game tonight, it will be a challenge to stay away from the snacks, mostly because my husband will want to buy some.

Congrats on 150 !! yay

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Marniadec - OMG that sounds good! yummy!

Kjnnc- Happy B-day to your daughter!

Pinkflakes Congrats on the pound!
Thanks!

Silverfire- Welcome!

Syckgirlsfv
02-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Ok so the rest of today went pretty well...had grilled salmon with steamed green beans, carrots, and eggplant from the skinnylicious menu at Cheescake Factory - freakin amazing and only 470 calories! Had two thin small slices of the sourdough bread, too. 88 calories there.

Out of nowhere came a headache and ruined my plans to get a walk or some cardio in, but just had a wheat tortilla with deli sliced turkey, provolone, lots of romaine lettuce, and mustard for dinner. Less than 300 calories.

Had a few prunes and dried fruit pieces, some wheat pita chips, and 2 glasses of wine. All in all stayed around my allotted 1360 pr so...good for a weekend day! Church in the morning and then I'm pressure cooking a pot roast with golden potatoes, green beans, and mushrooms ;)

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 02:47 AM
Todays calories- 839 (most in fluids)
I have a blister on the roof of my mouth so was hard to eat anything!

Zumba/walking

kjnnc
02-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Diana- based on your menu yesterday - it's obvious that you are a true southern gal.... Breakfast for Dinner - that is one of our favs in this house!! (I'm in NC so I'm a Southern Gal too) :)

Diana3271
02-03-2013, 09:04 AM

Calories for yesterday: 1475 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 158.4
Down: .2

I actually saw 158.2 but I chose the higher number since it was inconsistent.

kjnnc Yep, Southern girl over here, too. ;) We had talked about eating out, but DH wanted a real breakfast. :lol: If we ate it out, we would have to get regular white grits. He wanted yellow grits. For him, the breakfast foods out, just are not the same.

I'll be back later.

Misti in Seattle
02-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone

Happy Sunday.

Well it is back to the real world for me this morning! But what a wonderful weekend at the B&B. It is in a small Victorian town where any building built is required to look at least 100 years old. Such a fun step back in time, and the people are really friendly.

I found out yesterday that the people who run my favorite health food store are building a waterfront women's retreat center for 20-30 women at a time, with nutrition and health focus. I drove down to look at it. The female innkeeper here said it would be fun for us ladies to do it at the same time and get in someone here to help out her hubby at the B&B. Can't wait for it to be done.

Oh... and when I went in to the health food store, the wife was at the register and I started talking to her. Later her husband came up said he actually did not recognize me until I started talking! :) So I guess I have changed a bit LOL. My friends here at the Inn -- and also my hair stylist -- were also very complimentary! So even though I am not losing much weight lately I am totally getting smaller.

I put on one of my blouses and wore it down to breakfast yesterday and realizing that it kept sliding over falling off my shoulder. I asked my friend and she agreed that, yes, it looked too big. So I came upstairs and changed, and gave it to the assistant here who is also losing weight and just slightly behind me, so it fits her! Then later she brought one for me that someone had given her LOL.

Well, almost time to pry my butt out of bed and pack up for the trip back home! I want to head over to check out the introductions and welcome some newbies, etc.

Have a wonderful day!

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Diana- based on your menu yesterday - it's obvious that you are a true southern gal.... Breakfast for Dinner - that is one of our favs in this house!! (I'm in NC so I'm a Southern Gal too) :)

I live in NC also :)

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi everyone

Happy Sunday.

Well it is back to the real world for me this morning! But what a wonderful weekend at the B&B. It is in a small Victorian town where any building built is required to look at least 100 years old. Such a fun step back in time, and the people are really friendly.

I found out yesterday that the people who run my favorite health food store are building a waterfront women's retreat center for 20-30 women at a time, with nutrition and health focus. I drove down to look at it. The female innkeeper here said it would be fun for us ladies to do it at the same time and get in someone here to help out her hubby at the B&B. Can't wait for it to be done.

Oh... and when I went in to the health food store, the wife was at the register and I started talking to her. Later her husband came up said he actually did not recognize me until I started talking! :) So I guess I have changed a bit LOL. My friends here at the Inn -- and also my hair stylist -- were also very complimentary! So even though I am not losing much weight lately I am totally getting smaller.

I put on one of my blouses and wore it down to breakfast yesterday and realizing that it kept sliding over falling off my shoulder. I asked my friend and she agreed that, yes, it looked too big. So I came upstairs and changed, and gave it to the assistant here who is also losing weight and just slightly behind me, so it fits her! Then later she brought one for me that someone had given her LOL.

Well, almost time to pry my butt out of bed and pack up for the trip back home! I want to head over to check out the introductions and welcome some newbies, etc.

Have a wonderful day!

Congrats! Thats exciting :D

Diana3271
02-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Quick Post:

Anyone have any fun Super Bowl plans?

We are watching at home. DH wanted to cook some burgers on the grill and have some french fries. I also bought him some chips and snacks that he wanted. I tend to buy things that DH likes so I'm not tempted. ;)

I am kinda tempted to make a small pasta salad. I haven't made that in a long time. Not sure that I actually need a burger and pasta salad. :lol:

Psychic
02-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't really know what my calories consumed yesterday were. Saturdays are my cheat day anyways, but I honestly lost track due to being out and about with my friend and drinking last night. However, I weighed my lowest in six months yesterday... 185.6.

Retaining water today due to dehydration, so my morning weight was 188.2. Downing water like there is no tomorrow and I will definitely be watching calories and going to the gym today.

Diana - Not really interested in football, but my fiance and I will be watching the Penguins hockey game in a half hour.

Radiojane
02-03-2013, 12:07 PM
No way I'm watching the Super Bowl. Sitting through the Grey cup is enough football for me. Scale is still at 343, but I had family events yesterday, so while still on plan, calorie wise, it was still higher carb. My workout yesterday was pretty much useless, because I was still sore and dehydrated from my massage. I just walked in the pool.

Back full force on plan today, and very proud that I made my 30 days without falling off the wagon. I stuck to 80/20 pretty good!!

Yesterday calories in:1380
Sausage patty with egg
Mini baby bel
Carrots with dip
Pizza

Calories out: not very many.

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Quick Post:

Anyone have any fun Super Bowl plans?

We are watching at home. DH wanted to cook some burgers on the grill and have some french fries. I also bought him some chips and snacks that he wanted. I tend to buy things that DH likes so I'm not tempted. ;)

I am kinda tempted to make a small pasta salad. I haven't made that in a long time. Not sure that I actually need a burger and pasta salad. :lol:

Me and DH are watching here at home..we got 9 inches of snow so not going anywhere lol. I am haveing some celery and carrots for snack. Not sure what I will make him :)

alaskanlaughter
02-03-2013, 12:50 PM
good morning :) it's windy like crazy here today! i got up early with my younger son, early being around 8 a.m. on the weekends...made him some pancakes, cleaned up the kitchen etc...in a little bit here i'm gonna get some coffee and pick up my BIL who will fix the belt on my car this morning...gotta go to the store later, put away laundry, all that good stuff...i probably wont hit the gym today, sundays are mentally a rest day for me but we'll see...

we're not doing anything for the superbowl...i doubt DH will even turn it on, neither of us are into football either...my BIL has plans for it though, which is why he said he'd come fix my car this morning and not later in the day so yay! :) awesome BIL

Syckgirlsfv
02-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Getting ready to go to church in a few. Days like this I want to throw the husband off a cliff :mad:
Had 2 waffles and 2 turkey bacon...230 calories. Pressure cooking my roast later...might walk the horse trail in to Griffith Park later for a couple hours.

kendrabear
02-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Hello everyone, nice to meet you all!
I weighed in yesterday at the gym, and was down to 275. 15 pounds gone forever! Went for Korean Barbecue, and while me and the boyfriend had loads of fun I'm really worried that the amount of food I ate I'll see a gain on the scale.
At the same time though, it was so weird to feel over-full. It makes you feel ill, I felt gross. But yet I used to feel like this all the time and it didn't phase me. It's amazing how quickly your body adjusts to the changes.

novangel
02-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Pinkflakes, I seriously admire your ability to eat so disciplined it sure is paying off. I could never eat like that for more than a few days, I find portion control (and avoiding obvious things McDonalds) is really the only method I can sustain for life. Granted I am losing but it's sloooooow. ;) Keep up the amazing work, you're inspiring to me since we're about the same starting stats. :carrot:

I'm debating the gym. It's Sunday, I got to bed after 2am so my butt is dragging on the floor. :tired: I suppose I really should go though after the steak dinner last night even if I just walk the readmill. I would die if the scale went back to 144p so I'm not going to check for a week.

novangel
02-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Kendrabear :welcome: :wave: Congrats on the loss!

novangel
02-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Well I made it to the gym, nice and slow because of Superbowl. I did an hour of cardio and then weights and abs. Approx 600 cals burned. :carrot:

Off to eat dinner!

kjnnc
02-03-2013, 06:42 PM
I live in NC also :)

pinkflakes - since you have snow on the ground :) and I don't (and I saw on your profile that you are in Western NC) we are on opposite ends of the state.... you have the beautiful mountains and I have the beautiful ocean.... I always like to come your way in the Fall for a mini vacation!!! (and the awesome apples too) But it's cool too see another Carolina Girl on here!!! and your weightloss is truly inspirational!!!

alaskanlaughter
02-03-2013, 06:52 PM
so when i said "awesome BIL" up there....i spoke too soon....turns out he stayed out til 6 a.m. drinking and partying and was passed out still at 10 a.m. when i went to get him...his roommate couldnt even wake him up so i went by myself and got the car part i needed....he texted me at 1 p.m. that he was awake and still drunk...lovely *sigh*....so unless DH can get it on there (and he's not mechanically inclined) then i'll just drive the darn car to the shop tomorrow and have them put the fan belt on

bunnabear
02-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Hello Everyone, I've been a little absentee lately just due to being so busy. I finished level 1 of 30 day shred so I'm going to do a rest day tomorrow then proceeding to level 2 for the next 10 days. I can't wait to see what Jillian has in store for me next (I'm a little frightened actually). I managed to stay under 1500 calories for cheat day yesterday and I added in some Zumba with my 30DS so not too bad considering.

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Pinkflakes, I seriously admire your ability to eat so disciplined it sure is paying off. I could never eat like that for more than a few days, I find portion control (and avoiding obvious things McDonalds) is really the only method I can sustain for life. Granted I am losing but it's sloooooow. Keep up the amazing work, you're inspiring to me since we're about the same starting stats.

Not going lie it;s not easy some days! But when I get a craving I grab my plate full of vegis (around 100 calories) takes me about 15 mins to eat it and then I am full :) I am not a big junk food eater to begin with so that helped:)

Good luck to you~ you're doing great!

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 08:26 PM
pinkflakes - since you have snow on the ground :) and I don't (and I saw on your profile that you are in Western NC) we are on opposite ends of the state.... you have the beautiful mountains and I have the beautiful ocean.... I always like to come your way in the Fall for a mini vacation!!! (and the awesome apples too) But it's cool too see another Carolina Girl on here!!! and your weightloss is truly inspirational!!!

Wish I was on the eastern side now! Sick of this snow! lol. Go Carolina :)

Diana3271
02-03-2013, 09:39 PM

Well, I didn't do so well with my eating tonight. I shouldn't have made the shrimp pasta salad. I was going to eat the pasta salad but not the burger. Ha! I ate both. We also just finished eating, so it's later than I should be eating. I will definitely see a gain tomorrow.

Total Approx 2335 Calories + :coffee:

*dang those calories add up! :o

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (650 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap 400 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
small ice cream cup 150 calories

Dinner 1290 Calories
Shrimp Pasta Salad 500 calories
Grilled Cheese Burger 500 calories
French fries 150 calories
WW chocolate cake dessert 140 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Cardio Quick Fix (double workout premix)

pinkflakes
02-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Todays Calories: 1644

Zumba/pilates

kendrabear
02-04-2013, 02:56 AM
Hi ladies.
Total calories: 1226
I'm a bit under on my calories, but it's already 11:52 at night. I am a late sleeper so I might grab some veggies before bet, but I don't know yet.

I also found a totally delicious breakfast/snack so I thought I'd share it with you all. I saw it on Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth.
1 slice whole grain bread
1 triangle Laughing Cow Light Cheese
1 kiwi
Cracked pepper to taste
Toast bread, spread cheese on toast, top bread with sliced kiwi and freshly cracked pepper.

Sooo good! The recipe called for the Swiss kind but here in Canada we only have the light, not light swiss but it was just fine without.

Psychic
02-04-2013, 07:11 AM
12:30 pm - 420
Spicy Black Bean Burger - 120
Sandwich Thin - 100
Avacado - 150
Olives - 50

1:30 pm - 120
Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters - 120

3 pm - 380
Sandwich Thin - 100
Cream Cheese - 60
Canned Buffalo Chicen - 150
Mozzarella Cheese - 100
Doritos - 70

9 pm - 410
3 pc. Salmon Sushi - 160
2 pc. Salmon Avacado Roll - 140
Reeses Cup - 110

Total: 1330
Weight: 188.2

Exercise: 1.5 miles on the treadmill at 3-4 mph, varying inclines between 0.5-4. Weight training for main muscle groups. 1 mile on the elliptical with 3-5 crossramp.

Diana3271
02-04-2013, 07:17 AM

Overindulging is fun, but facing the scale the next day is not. The next day it never seems worth it. Do we ever learn?

Today we are getting an upgrade to our internet at work and tomorrow the new computer will be installed. I won't be able to check in during the day. I will try to catch up with everyone when I get home.

Calories for yesterday: 2335 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 159.8
Up: 1.4 pounds

mamakat
02-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Monday Morning WI 177.6 up 2 whole pounds from last Monday which I believe was up some and the week before, so I am officially gaining weight :( not losing. I'm trying to take everything into consideration and hoping that soon things will turn around. I'll admit I have been consuming a lot of sodium and of course, I'm not completely clean yet from eating gluten, add that to the stress levels, I'm not shocked to see the scale going up, but I am concerned. I need to get serious again and start checking on my calories, once more. Usually if I'm not eating enough of them, I start the gain...and I know I'm struggling with that on some days, but not all.

Let's hope I see a better scale result next week.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Silverfire
02-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Yesterday was pretty good, although I didn't exercise. Breakfast was the same as the day before Egg and toasts. (390 cal) Lunch was some Quinoa Salad and a beer. (285 cal) and dinner was lasagna, salad and garlic bread for an estimated 600 cals. Had some snacks (Chai pudding and brookside chocolates) for another 250 cal.

Psychic
02-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I've finally been here long enough to get my Weight Tracker. :)

kjnnc
02-04-2013, 10:11 AM
It's amazing to me how our food responds to foods and the "things" added to them to make them taste good....In a moment of laziness last night I had 2 hotdogs for dinner - I didn't eat the bun, instead I split one my my low carb wraps and used to "wrap" the dogs in. This morning - WHAM - the scale is up almost a whole pound. I am sure it was all the extra sodium and junk in those hotdogs - because even with the hotdogs, I was under in calories and carbs for the day. Sure glad it's a NEW Day!!!! :)

novangel
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Overindulging is fun, but facing the scale the next day is not. The next day it never seems worth it. Do we ever learn?

No, probably because we know in the back of our minds it's sodium bloat and not actual fat gain. It still stings to look at the scale which is why I avoid it for a few days if I do indulge. You're brave.

I go into work at 10:30am today thank goodness because it's a commuters nightmare out there with all the snow we had overnight. I was so late getting my son to school. I think this is the only time he has been late this year so I won't worry about it.

I hope to make it to the gym tonight, just depends. Have a great day everyone. :)

Radiojane
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning. I could not pull my lazy butt out of bed this morning to save my life, so no swim yet. I'll go tonight, or maybe not. I'm just now getting over the soreness from that massage. It really wrecked me. We'll see how I feel.

I did so much nothing yesterday it isn't even funny. I laid on the couch the whole day save for small breaks to pee or eat. I even went to bed early. Total sloth day.

Scale did move back in the right direction though: 341.1 today. Hope to hit 100 this week!

Yesterday Calories in:1500
Salmon pinwheel
asparagus
bison sausage
cheddar cheese
pecan praline cheesecake

Calories out: ZERO.

Syckgirlsfv
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Monday!

yesterday was actually good...I gave myself a 'sort of' cheat day, but didn't really cheat except for with a little more wine than normal :cheers:

had 2 waffles and turkey bacon before church, then went to a restaurant that I had a groupon for called La Bamba. I had chicken fajitas and only had 2 of the 3 tortillas, not to mention they were corn, not flour.

went home and hubby and I took a walk to Pavillions (an hour), got home and I started a Vegas strip panoramic view puzzle that I got from Amazon. That sucker is HARD! 1000 tiny pieces and they all look alike...I sat there for 4 hours and only got the MGM Grand done. BUT I forgot about food! :D I also cooked a pot roast in my pressure cooker with gold potatoes, green beans, and mushrooms. That's for dinner tonight :hun:

going to the gym after work to do cardio. still 164 all weekend :carrot:

Rasagolla
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Hello
Pink, your track of not cheating except for your DD's birthday was so eye-opening! I cheat over weekends and any excuse to hang out with friends. I am going to try and keep cheating to spl occasions:) let us see how that works out
Yesterday another theme park- lunch loaded with carbs and icecream Sundae for snacks. Echoing Diana, when will I ever learn???
Anyway up to 158.8!!! I was hanging at 157.4 forever and hoping to get to 154 since October now the trend is reversed..aaaaaagh
Today: ran 1 hour treadmill 5 miles
Food: yesterday off track- although i skipped a big dinner to catch up and had half a cup of beans for dinner.
Today hopefully will be better

mamakat
02-04-2013, 05:47 PM
dropped 2lbs of water today and walked almost 2 miles in the freezing cold. I tripped while walking and fell in my laundry room...kinda feeling like a little old lady today :p My right side is already feeling the pain, hopefully it won't be a set back just tight muscles. We'll see. But I got out there and moved. Now I'd like to see the scale continue to move out of the stinking 170's...got 5 lbs to go...if I don't trip anymore, it's a possibility :lol:

bunnabear
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm learning from "cheat day" that my body has become accustomed to my healthier lifestyle and my GI system doesn't appreciate the naughty foods anymore. I feel nauseous for a solid day+ after cheating, but does that stop me...apparently not.

Diana3271
02-04-2013, 08:39 PM

Kendrabear Yum, the kiwi at breakfast sounds very good.

Pinkflakes Good job sticking with your plan. :bravo:

Psychic Congrats on the new ticker!

Mamakat I think you and I both have problems staying upright! ;) Although, I haven't fallen recently. I swear it's a miracle. I usually have total wipeouts when I fall. Good job on the 2 pounds.

Silverfire Hi :wave:

Kjnnc Some people have issues with sodium, msg, etc. Other don't. I am one that does. Yes! Glad for the new day.

Novangel Were you able to get to the gym?

Radiojane I'm glad the scale turned back around for you. Do you think the mineral pool caused you to hold onto extra water weight? I am not familiar with mineral pools and their affect on the body.

Syckgirlsfv That pot roast sounds delish! I love a good pot roast. I have never put green beans in it though. That sounds like a good idea since I don't eat many potatoes.

Rasagolla I hope today was better for you. I don't know about you, but I literally felt bad today after eating off plan yesterday. I guess my body doesn't like it.

Bunnabear I think we are echoing the same things today. I am glad to be back on track today.

Diana3271
02-04-2013, 08:43 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 60 live w/weighted gloves

alaskanlaughter
02-05-2013, 12:56 AM
i had a very interesting day today...with a broken car, i took DH's truck to work for the early morning shift, then home in time for him to get to work by 8:30 a.m....i then drove my poor broken car without a fanbelt to the mechanic that could see me...i'm surprised i didn't kill the battery on it, driving it there without a working alternator...it's a 12-year-old battery too and the original one on the car....

mechanic found it wasn't the belt itself, but a pulley in the system that had lost a bearing...he replaced the bearing and put the new belt on...sounds simple but took Three Freaking Hours(!!) while i sat in their gas station and waited, for what was supposed to be a half hour-at-most job *sigh* but at least it's done...my car runs WAYYYY better now too

so that took up all morning, no gym time, back to work all afternoon....instead of having dinner, i went to the gym...i pushed myself as hard as i could mentally and physically and ran 3 miles total with walking intervals in there...so proud!!! i did 4.75 miles total walking and running and took me 70 minutes...

i also am trying to drop my carbs down and see if i can get some weight loss moving again....so far at 9 p.m. i'm at 1250 calories/109 carbs and burned 500 calories at the gym...my goal is to stay under 150 total carbs....which i dont think is super low, but perhaps moderate low(?) and something attainable for me

Misti in Seattle
02-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Hello everyone. And welcome to the newbies!

I'm hoping this will be the week I finally see a break in this crazy plateau! But at least I did not gain any weight during my weekend away! And the crazy part is that my clothes keep getting bigger on me. I noticed yesterday that my size 18 pants... which I could not wear before... are starting to get a lot bigger on me. Ah well, it is what it is!!

Happy Tuesday.

Diana3271
02-05-2013, 07:13 AM

Weigh In: 159.8
No Change

Misti in Seattle
02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
I did it... I lost a pound!! Yayayyayyyyyyyyyyyyy finally

Psychic
02-05-2013, 07:24 AM
5 am - 310
Whole Grain Bread - 90
Peanut Butter - 190
3 pc. Dark Chocolate - 30

9:30 am - 90
Fiber One Brownie - 90

12 pm - 285
Popcorn - 195
Mandarin Orange - 40
Small Reduced Sodium V8 - 30
Soft Mint - 20

5pm - 535
Avacado - 300
Tortilla Chips - 160
Muenster Cheese - 75

6 pm - 120
Skinny Cow Dreamy Cluster - 120

9pm - 300
Doritos - 300

Yesterday's Calories: 1640
Today's Weight: 187

Meh. I binged on Doritos last night and that ruined my fairly good day. Oh well. I'll make up for it today with some exercise. I still weighed in fairly low today, so I'm content.

mamakat
02-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

It's snowing and the therapist wants me in at 1 instead of 3. That means my son has to walk home in the cold...he's young and healthy :lol:

Diana I've noticed I'm slipping and tripping a lot lately. I don't feel unbalanced but then my neighborhood is old and shifty. The tree roots move the cement around like it's nothing and I don't always look down because my new glasses are stupid progressives, so I can't actually see my feet without feeling dizzy...now I'm wondering if it's the glasses. Clearly I did not see the mess my son left for me in my laundry room where I tripped and fell. I lectured him and his come back was, "I was gonna clean it up when I got home." I told him, he has to remember that I'm home and move around, so leaving things laying around like that is dangerous because I'm not expecting them and he knows I go into the laundry room (sometimes :p). Little brat didn't even apologize, it was like I was lecturing him out of turn or something...punk :p

alaskan I was curious about carb intake numbers because I eat less than 50 or very close to...DH says the daily allowance, according to the food pyramid is 300 so 150 sounds reasonable to me. You had a very busy day, did you by chance have something to do for the time they worked on the car. That once happened to me, but they'd forgotten all about me and my car while I sat for over 3 hours! Oooh, I was livid. Now, even if they say 30 mins., I take a book or notebook and music.

Misti good to see you and awesome job on the clothes getting bigger on you.

bunnabear I found this to be true as well. When I did low fat dieting then cheated with something fatty, I'd feel icky and the same goes for low carb and eating sweets, I get jittery when I cheat. Of course, if I eat gluten my GI and the rest of my body rebels. I think it's a shock to our systems :shrug:

RadioJane sloth days are great...she says because that's me most of the time :p I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that 100lbs goal...you can do it!

syckgirl dinner at your house sounds yummy. I never heard of green beans either, but like Diana, I think it sounds like a good idea. I don't eat potatoes at all, I really miss them. They are like bread to me, I can't stop at one :) But I can have all the green beans I want. And now I'm hungry :lol:

Rasagolla :wave: Hi there.

kjnnc hotdogs are evil...they are so loaded with sodium, but they are quick and easy to make. I could not eat one without a bun though, omg no way. Hope that sodium weight comes off quick for ya.

Silverfire what's Quinoa salad...I've never heard of it. I see Quinoa a lot, I thought it was like rice or pasta...I don't cook or shop so I don't know anything outside of what's prepared for me. :p

Pink :wave: Hi!

Alright off to do some editing, I deleted 5 chapters yesterday, now I must do rewrites, again!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

pinkflakes
02-05-2013, 08:02 AM
I did it... I lost a pound!! Yayayyayyyyyyyyyyyyy finally

Congrats!

pinkflakes
02-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Yesterdays calories: 1491

Walking (2 hours) /zumba

Have a good day all!

jp4ga
02-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Hello All- I am new to this site and thought I would join this thread. I need to stay accountable and this looks like a good way to do it.

So far so good today. I have had ceral, fruit and milk for breakfast and packed a lunch and have dinner of grilled chicken planned. I should be right at my calorie allowance for the day. I also am planning to go to the gym after work.

My main problem with weight loss is I am a stress eater. I recognize this and I am trying hard not to eat when I become stressed. My number one goal is to recognize when I am stress eating verses eating because I need to eat. I drop weight when I stay on my plan so I hope to really stay with it during this month.

Psychic
02-05-2013, 09:09 AM
jp4ga - Welcome to the DA thread. It really is a great way to keep track. I tend to stress eat as well. Try eating something like popcorn so its not as bad, but still filling.

alaskanlaughter
02-05-2013, 12:34 PM
STRESSED and MAD:

background: years ago we signed an agreement to purchase a trailer from someone for slightly more than it was worth, about $3000 more than it was worth....later on we passed the trailer to our BIL and he was to finish the payments....we THOUGHT it was all done and taken care of last month...BIL finished his payments to us, we finished ours to the previous owner

except NOW we actually re-found the original agreement and come to find out the previous owner tacked interest onto the original purchase, which we must've known at the time because we signed it.....so now we have to figure this out....with the interest on it, we still owe $17,000(!!) more than what the trailer is worth or was worth when we bought it

but now the trailer is in our BIL's name...we can't sell it to pay the remaining balance (which we didn't think was even on there until we dug up the old agreement again)...and we can't ask BIL to pay more on the trailer because that wasn't included in our agreement with him

so now what do we do??? do we take out a $17,000 loan to finish in one lump payment? do we somehow pay ourselves the $350/month that the previous owner still wants? ughhhhh stressed

Radiojane
02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Yay Misti Congrats!!!!

Alaskan, that really sucks. If you're in the position to be able to do it, and you can get a lower interest rate on a loan then what you're paying on the trailer, take out the loan.

As for your carb question? 150g is a very maintainable number and is "low" by most standards, especially when most people eat four or five times that.

Scale inched down to 340, so back to just five pounds away from 100, but it's ticking me off that this water weight is coming off so slowly. TOM might be sneaking up on me, but since I so rarely got it when I was at my heaviest, I don't know for sure. I hate these slowdowns, especially when I was doing so good in January. Oh well. It'll come. Slow and steady.

I didn't hit the pool yesterday, life got in the way, but I went back this morning. My shoulders are still a little sore from that massage. I've also got an earache from my tooth. Got a new "do" today. I let my stylist do whatever she wanted color wise, and I really like it. I've been dying my hair red with the occasional blonde streak for like 15 years, so it's time for a change. It's getting so long too, but that's ok. Bride wants it up for the wedding. What do you guys think?

Yesterday calories in: 1000
salmon
almonds
cheese
spaghetti squash
hamburger and tomato sauce
cranberry tea
green tea.

No calories out

Missy Krissy
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi Everyone! I haven't posted in the thread in a little while (well, since January, OMG!) because my mom has been visiting.

Yesterday's calories = too much. Morning WI = 145.

TTOM still hasn't come yet and I'm on day 35 of my "cycle". Any day now would be great. Pregnancy is unlikely, as I took a pregnancy test and it showed up negative. I've been retaining water like crazy and have been jones-ing for chocolate something awful... I gave into those cravings more times than I care to admit. My body has been stubbornly maintaining at about 145 (actually 145.6, but yesterday and today 145).

mamakat - I like your new avi :)

Syckgirlsfv
02-05-2013, 04:04 PM
The pot roast was fantastic! Green beans are great in there...what I did was cooked the roast in the pressure cooker for 30 minutes, let the steam settle down on it's own and open the cooker to put the mushrooms, potatoes, and green beans in. I have a behemoth of a rosemary bush in my front yard, so I put lots of it in with the roast while cooking, and it was so good! :spin: Walked for an hour last night, too..

I never put green beans in before either, but I always use them in soups when making my own and found some good ones at Trader Joes. Just seemed natural to put them in there :D

Today I have had:

breakfast: leftover black beans and spanish rice from lunch out on Sunday - 168
snack: garlic cheese bread stick (trader Joe's) 120 cals
lunch: chicken fajitas from aforementioned lunch out (chicken, peppers, onions, only) - 220
1 corn tortilla - 55
darn, I had about 10 whoppers (candy) :o - 105
TOTAL so far - 669

haven't thought much about dinner yet, but late afternoon snack is going to be an apple and laughing cow wedge.

Going to the gym for at least 35 minutes of cardio after work...:exercise:

kjnnc
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
So... feeling extremely frustrated today!!! the scale still hasn't moved... and on top of that.... I have been eating exactly like I should (except for the hotdog incident) and today.. out of blue... WHAM... I had a hypoglycemic episode..... I had no sugar... none of the fake stuff .... I had salad with chicken breast and homemade sugar free strawberry vinaigrette - and then I couldn't get my sugar back up for almost 3 hours..... when it drops, I will eat a teaspoon of peanut butter... but noooooo.. today it took like 4 tsp to get it up.... so of course there was calories and fat and blah, blah, blah.... I am reactive hypoglycemic so eating more carbs isn't the answer... the doctors thought if I did super low carb and NO sugar I could control it.... I could just cry... not only because of the extra calories I consumed with the PB... but anyone who has ever had a hypo episode knows that it's like having a seizure... the after affects suck.... so at this point, I see a bubble bath and warm jammies and my bed in my near future!!!!!

Marniadec
02-05-2013, 08:08 PM
I've completely messed up my sleeping schedule. I sleep in the day and I stay up during the night and I'm always sleepy and tired. I'm also sick. Again. I believe this is the 5th time since the fall.

Other than that, I just ate like a pig. It's 3 pm and all I could order was pizza. So, I did. And tomorrow my mom will send me some stuff I forgot at home during Christmas and also, a pie and dessert. Galaktompoureko to be exact. I won't throw it away or give it to anyone else. No chance in ****. Hopefully, I know that I'm sabotaging my diet. I have no idea why I do that when I'm so anxious to get to 182 and it annoys me. But it is what it is. I'm careful enough that I won't gain and by the end of the week I will be back.

novangel
02-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Last night I did zero, tonight I spent only about 45 minutes working out because I had to get home so my BF could leave for band practice. Of course when I got home I was starving and overdosed on carbs. Such is life. Back to the gym tomorrow..

Diana3271
02-05-2013, 10:41 PM

The Geek Squad came out to install the new computer today. We have Windows 8/touch screen. That is scary stuff! Does anyone else have Windows 8? I haven't looked yet, I wonder if there is a Windows 8 for Dummies available or something similar. I probably just need to play with it to figure it out.

Today was my friend's birthday. She turned 64. We went out to celebrate her birthday. They, my friend and our DH's ate all you can eat crab legs. I wanted to stick to my plan since I ate off plan on Sunday. I was so tempted to order the crab legs. They are OK calorie wise, but I know I would eat too much and the salt would do a number on me. I'm glad that I stuck to my plan.

Speaking of sticking to our plans vs. going off plan. We talked a little about this on Monday. I have never regretted sticking to my plan, but at least 50% of the time I regret going off plan. It just depends on the situation.

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you got your car fixed. Car problems are such an inconvenience. What did you decide on the trailer? Sorry that you are faced with that situation. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Misti Congrats on the pound! :carrot:

Mamakat I bet you are right and it's the glasses. Do you think it because of the Progressives? What is the benefit of the Progressives? I'm thinking they don't have the lines or something like that. Overall, do you like those better? How did the rewrites go? That's a lot to delete and rewrite. I hope you are seeing some progress with your thoughts and writing. Were you able to get to your early appointment? I'm sure it was better to go early with the weather being bad.

Pinkflakes Good job on the 2 hour walk. Walking is the best. Are you from the Asheville or Boone area? We have a friend that has a vacation home in Brevard. We borrow it during the year to take vacation. Love having friends like that. ;) But we work on his truck, so I guess he likes having us as a friend, too. ;)

Jp4ga Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Psychic Good job on your weigh in. You may still be in your calorie range and the Doritos won't have a negative impact on you.

Radiojane You are so close to the 100. I can see it happening any day now for you. I think your new 'do is really cute. Will it be hard to maintain? I am probably 100% gray now. I like coloring it to get rid of the gray, but I hate the maintenance. I have to have it colored every 4 weeks.

Krissy Hi! It's good to see you.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on the walk

Kjnnc I hope you are feeling better from the hypoglycemic episode. I don't have an experience with that. I hope you are doing OK.

Marniadec Hi! It's good to see you. Pie and dessert is such a temptation.

Novangel Tomorrow is a new day. Just get right back to your food and exercise plan.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Mixed grill fish (salmon, mahi, sword fish) 500 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
02-05-2013, 10:43 PM
This site was having problems for a little while. I couldn't get my post to take. I put everything in one post because I was going to copy and paste it tomorrow. I'm glad it's back working now. Have a good night and sleep well.

Iphianassa
02-06-2013, 03:06 AM
Hi! Sorry I'm late to the party.

Today:
Bowl of rice krispies with milk for breakfast: about 200 calories

Lunch
Slice of lasagna - 390
20 dessert mints - 60

Dinner
One slice of pepperoni pizza, one slice of nacho pizza - gonna say 900 I'm not really sure (dining hall food)

Whiiich brings me to 1550 total. Not super. The pizza was not honestly part of the plan, and I also thought the small slice of lasagna would be fewer calories than that.

Tomorrows another day I guess?

Exercise: 20 minutes of various internet zumba videos

pinkflakes
02-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Pinkflakes Good job on the 2 hour walk. Walking is the best. Are you from the Asheville or Boone area? We have a friend that has a vacation home in Brevard. We borrow it during the year to take vacation. Love having friends like that. But we work on his truck, so I guess he likes having us as a friend, too.

Thanks! I am from the boone area, near ASU. Deff. a good friend to have :)

pinkflakes
02-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Good morning all :)

My TOM should be here in second...blah..the bloat.

jp4ga - Welcome!

alaskanlaughter- OMG!!! I would be so pissed. I hope you get everything worked out.

Syckgirlsfv -Mmmm love pot roast!

kjnnc - Oh no! Try and make sure you keep enough good sugar in you like fruit :)

Marniadec - I used to be bad to get my days and nights mixed up. Thankd goodness they have been fixed for awhile now.

novangel - I ate WAY to much carbs myself yesterday! Bread to be exact!

Diana3271 - My husband uses windows 8 and loves it! I still use vista haha.

pinkflakes
02-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Calories yesterday -1361

zumba

Psychic
02-06-2013, 07:13 AM
5 am - 265
Caramel Nut Cereal - 120
Almond Milk - 15
Strawberries & Cream w/ Flaxseed - 130

10 am - 70
Danimals Smoothies Wild Watermelon - 70

12 pm - 340
Sm. Low Sodium V8- 30
Sandwich Thin - 100
Mozzarella Cheese - 50
Spicy Black Bean Burger - 120
Mandarin Orange - 40

1 pm - 20
Soft Mint - 20

5 pm - 450
Mozzarella Cheese - 50
Uncle Ben's Oriental Style Rice - 400

7 pm - 140
Doritos - 140

Yesterday's Calories: 1285
Today's Weight: 188

Was a bit lower on calories yesterday than usual. I wasn't super hungry nor did I do much yesterday. So I suppose that's fine and dandy.

Diana - I'm a computer technician. I will say that Windows 8 is terrible, but its slightly better as a touchscreen. I'm sure there are guides online already on how to use it, but also check out local book stores. I personally had no luck with it and did not find it to be user-friendly at all.

Diana3271
02-06-2013, 07:19 AM

Iphianassa Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

I'll be back later. You wouldn't believe how far behind I am at work. Got to get caught up this week.

Weigh In: 159.4
Down: .4

Misti in Seattle
02-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Good morning, everyone.

alaskan.. wow what a huge blow and difficult situation. Hope you are able to find a way to manage it.

Just passing through. Today is my stepfather's funeral and even though I can't be there, my company gave me the day off paid leave. It is in Missouri and since it was sudden, there was not time for me to get back there to see him before he died. He was 97 though so it was of course not totally unexpected. And he was a Godly man who loved the Lord so I know I will see him again.

I am going to the pool for a 5:30 AM workout and then meeting a friend for coffee/tea later in the morning. I am weighing in at 228.0 this morning and plan to eat just a banana before the workout so am hoping to see that drop down to 227 a bit later. One can always dream.

Have a super day, everyone.

mamakat
02-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I hate Progressives...they are not worth the 300 (even after insurance) I paid. The doctor said that I would be able to see better further away (I have perfect far sight) and of course, see close up which is where my problem lies since I read and write and watch on computer. But, these stupid glasses mar my far sight greatly...I used to see my DD at the end of Junior's in Walmart with no problems now I can't make her out three racks away. I wish I would have gotten bifocals because then I'd be able to look left and right without turning my head w/ these dumb glasses I have to turn my head because they are only clear right in front of my eye ball. It's blurry everywhere but straight ahead. Who the heck moves through the day like that? When I'm typing from paper to computer, I used to look at the paper and just look over at the screen to double check spelling, but now I have to move my head, totally killing speed and losing my place each time...so aggravating. ... Early appts. are so much better, there's so much parking! AS for rewrites? I got some done. But clearly not as much as I deleted. But now I'm on a path that's movable whereas before, I got stuck in the corner.

I found out I have a severe case of SAD. Lately, I wake up for coffee then go back to bed. I wake up to do a chore (one load of laundry, pick up kid from school, doctor appts, errands, etc) then I go right back to bed. I eat dinner, under blanket I go then I do DD's hair then off to bed for good. The worst of it is my writing. I can write no matter what any time of day without thinking (it may not be good writing but I always have something to write). Now, I wake up and look at the computer or paper and feel fatigued...literally too tired to think. My therapist was surprised to hear this as I never mentioned it...I had other things to mention :p So I will be doing light therapy from now on, plus upping my Vitamin D again (curious to see if it will help with my sore calves and forearms) We have 1/2 day today, so I'm going to clear away my side table for the light (and then take a nap :lol:) afterwards while on a pill run, I'll shop a little then come home and YEP, you guessed it!

Have a wonderful and healthy day...maybe once I get this under control I'll be able to stay awake enough to move :) We can only hope.

Amarantha2
02-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning, all! I am late to the party, too. Love this check-in and want to start posting here and reading daily. Sometimes I have trouble doing responses because of time or lack of being able to focus. So I'll do the best I can, but I read the posts.

Did want to chime in on Progressives (glasses). I have had them for a very long time and despaired at them when I first got them, but somehow my eyesight adjusted and I have been loving them for more than a decade now. I was delighted when I got my newest pair at how much smaller and lighter they are and no one knows now that I wear them lol. I use them for everything, even the computer, although I keep a pair of single vision glasses on my desk that are mainly for the purpose of just writing if I should feel like a change.

I haven't been on the thread for a while, have been going through a personal crisis, a career crisis (I intend to keep working, though I am sort of semi retired), and a WEIGHT MANAGEMENT CRISIS of asking myself WHY I keep focusing so much on weight maintenance (years ago I weighed more than 100 pounds from where I was now and I do gain and lose a few pounds periodically but have basically maintained the loss).

I finally answered my own question, at least about the weight. I intend to keep working at it as sure as there are little green apples, I'd be back where I was if I lose focus on that aspect of my life.

Anyhow, I am halfway through my 10,000 steps this morning and going to finish early.

:wave:

Misti in Seattle
02-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Hi again, everyone.

Just did a 75 minute hard workout in the pool... and I did make it to 227, yippeeee.

Wishing you all a special day

Radiojane
02-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Diana I've been dying my hair since I was 13 years old (I think my mother decided it was a "pick your battles" thing), and my family greys prematurely, so I'm so paranoid that I keep dying it. The darker colors aren't so bad. I can usually go every other month for a color. When I had the blonde in it this summer/early fall, I had to go in every month. It's a luxury expense, but I'm lucky enough that I can wear some gorgeous reds and other unique colors, and I've always gotten compliments on them, so it's sort of a treat. I pay through the nose for gel nails every three weeks too, but it's so worth it not to have to worry about how my hands look every day.

Misti Yay you're on a role! 79 pounds is amazing!

Down to 339.1 today, so two pounds left of spa weight. I need to do my inches though. It's been six weeks and the dress I wore two weeks ago is visibly looser, so somethings' changing. Oh, and NSV!!! My wide calf boots are too wide! (Let's focus on that instead of the fact that I paid 80 dollars for a pair of suede boots with heels that make them impossible to walk in).

Yesterday Calories In:1410
Salad with boiled egg, diced chicken, spinach and cottage cheese
old cheddar sticks
gluten free breaded chicken wings
green beans
brocolli & chicken casserole
Cranberry tea
Green tea

Calories out:809
Swimmmin!

Missy Krissy
02-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday’s calories = too much. Morning WI = 143.8! Dare I hope that my body is going to start losing again?

Syckgirlsfv – I had pot roast the other night too! What a perfect mid-winter meal.

kjnnc – I’m confused as to how low carb and no sugar would be good for someone with chronically low blood sugar?

Marniadec - Feel better soon!

novangel - Hi!

Diana – “I have never regretted sticking to my plan, but at least 50% of the time I regret going off plan” – I’m going to write that down in my food journal! A nice little epiphany; I’m going to remind myself of this.

Iphianassa – The calories sound about right for the pizza.

pinkflakes – I feel you on the bloat.

Psychic – Keep up the good work!

Misti – 227 is right around the corner, you’re almost there! I’m sorry to hear of your step-father’s passing. You’re absolutely right though, the good bye is not forever!

DS got his first tooth a few days ago (Yay!) but has been fussy, so I’m wondering if he’s got another one coming. Things have been a little bit stressful at home, and I admit that I dipped into the Nutella last night a few times before bed. I feel like I really don’t have much that I can do for stress relief and so I grabbed the chocolate. Not a good idea, I know. I’m not going to beat myself up though, just acknowledge my mistake and move on. Today is a new day.

jp4ga
02-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Yesterday I did great with my food. I am so glad that my husband and kids LOVE roasted vegetalbes (zucchini , red onion, and mushrooms) it went really well with the grilled chicken.

I also made it to the gym which was an accomplishment.

Today will be a good day. There is a cake in the office for our secartaries Bday, and I am not even the least bit interested in taking a bite.

novangel
02-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm so over this TOM thing!! :mad: It seems like it just ended and now I looked at the calender and it's due in 7 days again. I get a week of PMS (no wonder I was so hungry last night), several days of spotting, actual TOM and then some spotting again till it ends. Realistically, I only get one week a month that I'm not dealing with some aspect of a period. UGH!

Let the bloat and irritability begin.

I'm off work today so I'm off to run errands, I will get to the gym later.

alaskanlaughter
02-06-2013, 01:02 PM
just a quick post before i leave home...worked this morning, took teenager to school....now i'm headed to a meeting, then lunch with DH, then work til 6 p.m., then pick up teenager from his volunteer job, then home to make dinner...phew! off i go!

chellez
02-06-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't know about you ladies, but I never feel my body being gross about my TOM until I actually see that it's that time!

I woke up and I looked in the mirror and felt good. I've been exercising and eating well within my calorie limit. But then I came into work and right before lunch it was like "surprise! here's your monthly gift!" :badbat:

Of course I eat lunch (which was totally reasonable) and BOOM, I can feel my waistline expanding and bloat bloat bloat til I float. :(

I'm just thankful I have 3 to 4 day TOMs. Hopefully I'll still lose this coming Monday when I weigh in.

Today's menu (so far):

2 eggs & Van's wheat/gluten free french toast x 2 - 328 cal
Lean Cuisine panini & green giant antioxident blend - 440 cal
Golden delicious apple for snack - 80 cal
Ended up making a tofu, mushroom and noodle soup - 240 cal
I'll probably have another snack somewhere in here.

Exercise: Finning for an hour (basically swimming/pool toys/laps for 1600 yards)

Syckgirlsfv
02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
did 23 minutes of cardio last night instead of the 35 I planned on...for some reason hubby only wants to do 20 minutes, and then it's like 'ok i"m done let's go!' :mad: I burned 310 calories, though, so I'll take it.

tonight we do chest (bench) and back, and I will fit in 20 minutes of cardio (I hope!)

this morning I had my two waffles and 2 slices turkey bacon - 240
Trader Joe's Ends n Pieces - 110

I successfully have avoided the fudge-covered mint oreos out in the hall! :carrot: I think work is the WORST place to diet! :nono:

I have a hamburger patty that hubby fixed me yesterday for lunch, along with half a potato from some meal last week. approx - 300 or so?

I've also got an apple and laughing cow wedge, and a stick of string cheese. If I eat all 3 the calories would be about 175.

hubby is going to Fresh and Easy (he works from home and sometimes needs to get out!) so he may be in charge of dinner..:fr: I asked for hearts of romaine and baby spinach, and some wine, but we'll see what else he comes up with!

It's a cold day in So. Cal...high will be only 62! But it's sunny :halffull:

Rasagolla
02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Hello Mamakat and Diana!
Welcome jp4ga!
Yesterday calories: lost count. I made some awesome pasta yesterday so that explains it:)
Today exercise: run+ walk uphill 3.5 miles lost close to 500+ calories
Will stick to cal count for the rest of the day

TheLauren
02-06-2013, 04:54 PM
I've been in Florida for the past few days and having a great time and staying on plan. I have been going nuts to know if I lost any weight so I went and bought a scale. I'm down to 270!! It feels great to see the numbers getting lower

Misti in Seattle
02-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Hello everyone

So grateful to my company for allowing me the day off with pay, even though I could not attend my stepfather's funeral. I still wanted to honor him.

Started the day off with a 5 AM 75 minute water workout... he would have liked that, ha, as he and my mom were always concerned about my health and happy when I was working at it and losing weight.

Then I had coffee with a special friend. Then off to the natural market to load up on healthful foods. The red, yellow and orange bell peppers have never been better and I love munching on those things!!!

I could not believe that after losing two pound in the last two months, I've lost two in the past two days. But I can really feel more and more things "tightening up" and can also tell how much stronger I am when working out.

Just so I could tell later if there is progress, I tried on my size 14 pants (they are made out of slightly stretchy material; otherwise there would not even have been a chance, ha.). Of course I could not wear them BUT I could get them up over my butt and pull them together to within about an inch of buttoning! I've only worn the size 16 ones once as they were very tight... but I think now I can probably wear those okay. My size 18s are starting to get loose... wow.

It feels like a weekend since I am off work today. Have a good one, everybody, and stay on plan.

novangel
02-06-2013, 07:24 PM
55 minutes on the Elliptical, 640 cals burned. :carrot: It was super busy in there tonight so I didn't get to run the treadmill or do any weight resistance. Maybe tomorrow.

Chellez, I hate TOM with a passion but I have an IUD which drags things out a little longer. Also, I don't know about you but Lean Cuisines boat the heck out of me so I stopped eating them a while ago...maybe see if there's any correlation for you.

pinkflakes
02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Calories today- 1519

zumba

pinkflakes
02-06-2013, 08:47 PM
I've been in Florida for the past few days and having a great time and staying on plan. I have been going nuts to know if I lost any weight so I went and bought a scale. I'm down to 270!! It feels great to see the numbers getting lower

yay! congrats!

novangel
02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
This last 3 pounds will be the death of me. It has taken me an entire year to lose this weight, I just want this over with already so I can go into maintenance. I'm not willing to settle until I hit 140, I've worked too hard and I'm too close.

I've tested my thyroid (runs in the family) and that's clear but I'm wondering if my medication has been the reason why the loss has been so darn slow. This is ridiculous.... Just thinking out loud here.

Onward.

Diana3271
02-06-2013, 09:30 PM

Iphianassa Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Keep tweaking your food plan and adjust things as you go along.

Pinkflakes I skipped over all OS between XP and Windows 8. :lol:

Psychic Ugh! I hope I have better luck with Windows 8 than you did. I am still trying to catch up with my work and haven't had time to play with it much.

Misti Sorry about your loss. I hope you day went well. Congrats on the 227.

Mamakat The glasses sound like they could be a problem for you. Did you get the light box already? I bought one and then got worried about it bothering my eyes, so I stopped using it. I started taking Vitamin D around the same time and I think it helped me. I hope you can get some relief from one of them. It's difficult feeling tired all the time. I had major problems with fatigue before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.

Amarantha Welcome back! :wave:

Radiojane I am willing to pay for the hair every month, but I don't do the nails. I wish my nails would stay one length and not grow. I hate dealing with them. I am lucky that I have good nails, though. LOL about the heels. I know! Put them on and just stand there looking all gorgeous in them. Just don't move. ;) I can say that because I cannot walk in heels. I have issues with falling and I'm not graceful at it either. ;) Good job on your day.

Krissy Ha Ha! I need to remember my own words. ;) We tend to forget. I hope the stress settles down for you.

Jp4ga Good job getting to the gym! :carrot: Keep up the great work!

Novangel I hear you on TTOM! I am also over it! I would like to have a break from it. I think January was something like 16 days for me. My Mom stopped her TTOM in her early 40's. Of course I wouldn't be so lucky. Good job on the gym.

Alaskanlaughter I hope you day went well. You sound very busy.

Chellez Hi and Welcome to the check-in.

Syckgirlsfv Did your DH fix dinner for the two of you?

Rasagolla Good job getting that exercise in.

Lauren Congrats on losing weight while on vacation.

Diana3271
02-06-2013, 09:33 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Sirloin steak 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Camp

alaskanlaughter
02-07-2013, 01:42 AM
this is exhausting....i have these moments of just feeling SO very drained :(

first i had two weeks of sinus infection, then i had a week of a tooth root infection, then i had a root canal, then my car broke down and NOW we are dealing with the trailer payment stuff, which i think we're just going to have to bite the bullet and get a loan to pay off and be done with it

this is on TOP of my regular full time job, raising kids, house chores, working out, trying to diet, and the board of directors duties that i serve on

anything else to throw at me, universe? ughhh

K9Owner
02-07-2013, 02:57 AM
this is exhausting....i have these moments of just feeling SO very drained :(

first i had two weeks of sinus infection, then i had a week of a tooth root infection, then i had a root canal, then my car broke down and NOW we are dealing with the trailer payment stuff, which i think we're just going to have to bite the bullet and get a loan to pay off and be done with it

this is on TOP of my regular full time job, raising kids, house chores, working out, trying to diet, and the board of directors duties that i serve on

anything else to throw at me, universe? ughhh

You are still BY FAR the BUSIEST girl I know!!
Glad to see you kicking rear and taking names still!! :carrot:

Psychic
02-07-2013, 07:10 AM
5 am - 210
Whole Grain Bread - 90
Cream Cheese - 80

10 am - 90
Fiber One Brownie - 90

12 pm - 400
Sandwich Thin - 100
Peanut Butter - 200
Danimals Smoothie - 70
Sm. Low Sodium V8 - 30

5 pm - 590
Mozzarella Cheese - 50
Olives - 50
Potatoes - 180
Muenster Cheese - 150
Cherry Pepsi - 160 (Less calories. Actually dumped most of it out. Yuck.)

9 pm - 170
Morningstar Italian Style Chik Patty - 170

Yesterday's Total: 1460
Today's Weight: 187.0

Exercise: Two miles on the elliptical with 3-5 crossramp and up to 5 resistance. Weight training for main muscles groups. 3/4 of a mile on the treadmill at 2-3 mph with incline of 2-5.

Even though I tried to drink a can of pop, I ended up dumping it out because it tasted so disgusting. That seems like a step in the right direction to me!

Diana3271
02-07-2013, 07:13 AM

No Change

K9Owner Hi :wave: It's good to see you.

I'll be back later. :coffee2:

Amarantha2
02-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Good morning, all! I have been up & about a long time as I was trying to download software in the middle of the night as I need it today. However, it keep crashing so I kept fixing it & now I am resting & luckily have the morning to sleep. Woot! Calories were 1610.

Psychic, great work on dumping a can of pop!

Have a good day, everyone.

Missy Krissy
02-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday's calories = 1889. Morning WI = 143.8.

Katydid77
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Hey ya'll I read this thread everyday and lurk a lot, so I'm going to try and post for a while. :)

I tend to be self-defeating when I do these types of accountability things b/c I'll miss a couple days, then use that as a way to get down on myself and it starts a whole negative scenario in my head. Also I ready EVERYTHING, but I'm not as good at doing the personals all the time, so I'm just going to jump in and do my best :)

Here's what I ate yesterday:

12 grilled nuggets from chic-fil-a (220)

lrg banana (130)

greek yogurt (150)

espresso w half and half (50)

8 inch turkey sub (800)

Cucumber salad (150)

Total: 1550

What is amazing is that I ate all that, and STILL went to bed starving. I am in my hungry days for sure, I think I have one or two days left of this and I'll be very glad to see it go.

Weight came in at 160.0, which is the 3rd day in a row I have weighed that. So, hoping to see a scale drop in 2 or so days, usually it's 4 or 5 days between scale changes. My body is set up on a mini-whoosh program of weight loss. :D

Syckgirlsfv
02-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Morning ladies! :dizzy: yesterday I nibbled quite a bit on pita chips and fruit roll ends/pieces - but they are the healthy kind at least!

Had the rest of the leftover pot roast last night along with a salad made with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, wheat pita chips, and light blue cheese. YUM! I did have a little more wine than necessary :mad: BUT, I burned 150 calories in 10 minutes of cardio and lifted weights for about 25 minutes (chest and back)

SO all in all, net calories for yesterday were 1310. Not too shabby, 165 this morning (up one pound, water weight)

I'm going to be more careful today :cool:

BREAKFAST: 2 waffles, 2 turkey bacon - 240

LUNCH - Trader Joe's spinach lasagna - 340

SNACK - apple/laughing cow wedge - 125

This is it for the work day...not entirely sure about dinner yet, but it will be nice and healthy for sure. AND, I'll hit the gym as long as the handyman doesn't take too long at the house! He is coming to check out the kitchen faucet...my husband finally called about it. It's been driving me crazy for months! Hot water is very low pressure and he's been fighting me on telling the owner about it so he can fix it. Not sure why he had it in his head that if he called the owner to fix it, he would end up raising the rent! After MANY fights I finally demanded he either call, or I would. I pointed out that if we owned the house, we would want tenants to tell us if something wasn't working right and get it fixed! MEN! Oh well, I WIN, as usual...it just took way too long. UGH! :drill:

Radiojane
02-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Good morning! I hit just over 100 pounds this morning! Even better, I can get the 24W jeans up over my behind (still a bit to go before they button), and the 2X woman's hoodie that I bought in NY, while still a little tight at the bottom. fits!!!

Scale is at 334.9.
Yesterday Calories in:859
Chicken Divan
Garlic sausage
broccoli
cheddar cheese
pork chop with onions

No workout yesterday.

alaskanlaughter
02-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Good morning! I hit just over 100 pounds this morning! Even better, I can get the 24W jeans up over my behind (still a bit to go before they button), and the 2X woman's hoodie that I bought in NY, while still a little tight at the bottom. fits!!!

Scale is at 334.9.
Chicken Divan
Garlic sausage
broccoli
cheddar cheese
pork chop with onions

No workout yesterday.

congratulations!!! that is an amazing accomplishment!! way to go!!:carrot::carrot:

alaskanlaughter
02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
You are still BY FAR the BUSIEST girl I know!!
Glad to see you kicking rear and taking names still!! :carrot:

krystalllll!!!! so good to see you back here!! where have you BEEN? haven't even seen you on facebook much :( stick around this time! :D

berryblondeboys
02-07-2013, 12:33 PM

Scale is at 334.9.
Chicken Divan
Garlic sausage
broccoli
cheddar cheese
pork chop with onions

No workout yesterday.

Had to come over here to shout out with you!!!!! YAY!!!!!! to 100 pounds gone! Maybe you can go find a one hundred pound dog to pick up to realize this huge accomplishment! (I wouldn't recommend trying to pick a 100 pound person - they might get weirded out by that! :-)

Radiojane
02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Lol, Melissa, I texted a friend of mine this morning that is very tiny to begin with, and is a recently diagnosed celiac who lost a lot of weight when she was sick. She texted me back and said "OMG Jane, you lost me!!!"

chellez
02-07-2013, 01:02 PM

:broc::carrot::broc::carrot::broc::carrot:

100 pounds gone is awesome! I'm trying to lose 70 this year and wowza does it feel like a mountain to climb.

Last night I snacked a little more than I should and I think because I had such a low calorie dinner right before I burned most of my day's calories off finning and getting into the sauna last night. Today I just have my TBL kinect workout and it's yoga :woohoo: so I'm interested to see how Bob Harper makes me sweat today.

Breakfast - 2 eggs & toast - 328 cal
Lunch - Leftover tofu, mushroom & noodle soup - 230 cal
Dinner - Haven't decided yet!
Snacks - Apple - 80 cal & maybe some hummus with crackers

Exercise: Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout on Kinect - -100 cal

Syckgirlsfv
02-07-2013, 02:15 PM
dammit I have found a min kit kat Dark Chocolate and I am thinking of eating it! :ink:
why oh why did I walk in to the exec. VP's office, knowing the candy bowl is over-flowing in there? :T.

Radiojane - do you mind if I ask why your calorie intake is so low? I think I would starve to death on 800 something calories! :cbg:

Radiojane
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't mind.

My calorie intake is usually up between 1100 and 1400, but I do cut back on the days that I don't exercise. While not "medically supervised" as in checking in with my MD every week, I did clear a base amount of 800 to 1000 per day PLUS exercise calories. I'm not starving by any means, and yesterday I was in bed by seven pm so I barely ate supper.

I go back to the doctor every three months. He thinks he'll raise me to a base of 1100 around the 300 pound mark, which will of course slow my weight loss, but he's concerned about getting as much fat off my belly as possible.

Rasagolla
02-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Congrats Radio!! That is such an awesome accomplishment!!!
Nice job TheLauren!
Welcome Katydid! I hear you and feel hungry when I tried the low cal diet, now I am still at 1570 cals and usually go over by a 100 or I feel hungry when going to bed. My cousin said that our body takes sometime to get used to it. She survives happily on a 1100 so I am going to try reducing my intake slowly.
Oh Alaskan! You make my day seem so easy:)
Exercise today: None My day off
Cals: will keep under 1800 ( I teach on certain days and I am so hungry after class so I usually eat more)
See y’all tomorrow. Can’t believe the weekend is here already!

Syckgirlsfv
02-07-2013, 03:24 PM
holy cow, now I've discovered a room full of pizzas! LOL they gave me a WHOLE giant cheese pizza (kosher, this IS a temple :dizzy:

I am going to take it home and put canadian bacon and veggies on it...it'll work. HAVE to go to the gym, then! :jig:

K9Owner
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
krystalllll!!!! so good to see you back here!! where have you BEEN? haven't even seen you on facebook much :( stick around this time! :D

Ah, you know FB is such a "spy"ware program. I really hate I know so much. Even more, I hate the way the world is run by evil.

I should be in like the maintenance club, or BF% reduction club, or something b/c I sure have NO CLUE how to lose weight anymore. Eat more....Eat less....Move more....Take a rest day....Lift weights.....Do HIIT....Do Cardio....Decrease Cardio! WHEW!! Did I just exhaust all of you???

I just stopped :stress: stressing over it.

racrane
02-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while, I've been very busy. :(

Anyway, I started to use myfitness app to count my calories. Very eye opening, informative and kind of scary, but I'm glad to use it. I've been doing well mostly. My only issue is I have one class twice a week that's pretty boring. I just want to snack all class. I need to cut that out!

Good to read everyone else's stories. :)

kendrabear
02-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Hello all. It's been a few days since I've posted, thought I'd check in.

Last nights net calories: 1322

Fitness: 15 minutes on the elliptical

Weigh-in: 272.5 (-2.5) YESSS!!!

Misti in Seattle
02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Hello everyone

:welcome: Katydid!

Radiojane... wow :congrat: on passing the 100 pound mark!

Interesting day for me. Even though my weight loss is coming off dreadfully slow I keep feeling that I am getting smaller. So this morning I decided to try on the size 14 pants I bought a while back and I knew would not fit... but I was shocked when they did come right up over my butt and are only about an inch from being able to button. Then I tried on the size 16s... I had worn them once but they were waaaay too tight so laid them aside. They are now plenty big on me! When I have them zipped and buttoned I can still get both hands easily inside the waistband! So I wore them to work.

It definitely HAS to be that I am building muscle. So I googled and yes... well I can see why it would make a difference.

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc356/mistiinseattle/fatmuscle_zps27915ff0.jpg

Diana3271
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM

Psychic Good job deciding not to drink the soda.

Amarantha I'm glad you got the software to cooperate. I have had enough of computers in the last week.

Krissy Is you Mom still in town?

Katydid Hi and Welcome back. Find a way to make the accountability check in work for you. Don't get discouraged. You don't always have to do personals, just do what you can.

Syckgirlsfv I hope you got the faucet fixed. I hate home repairs. Good grief! You have had all kinds of temptations today.

Radiojane Congrats on the 100+ pounds! :woohoo: Keep up the great work! :carrot:

Berry Hi :wave: It's good to see you.

Chellez How did it go with Bob Harper? He's tough. I have a couple of his workouts.

Rasagolla Hi :wave: Looking forward to the weekend, too. :carrot:

Racrane Hi :wave: It's good to see you.

Kendrabear Great job on the 2.5 pounds!

Misti Good job on your progress!

Diana3271
02-07-2013, 08:55 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled pork chop 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat Live 60 w/weighted gloves

mamakat
02-07-2013, 09:25 PM
RadioJane Congratulations!!!!!!!! That is awesome, keep up the great work!!!!

lunarsongbird
02-07-2013, 09:46 PM

Sqqqueeeee! I didn't even know there was such a thing as grilled nuggets from chic-fil-a! Are they lovely? They sound lovely. :love:

Katydid77
02-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Sqqqueeeee! I didn't even know there was such a thing as grilled nuggets from chic-fil-a! Are they lovely? They sound lovely. :love:

Yes, I actually love them :) As a matter of fact, my favorite 'diet' meal is a 12 count grilled nugget, a small icedream cone and a large coke zero from there.

I eat chicken and ice cream and it's like 380 cals :D

Syckgirlsfv
02-08-2013, 12:51 AM
The bad news: plumber has to come and replace some pipes...too much build up of minerals but the new ones will be copper! Should be fixed soon.

I only had 2 1/2 slices of pizza and they we sliced very thinly...didn't add anything, just jalapeños :devil: so yummy and not so bad on the calories. PLUS I di 40 minutes on the air trainer first at the gym foe a 550 calorie burn. Bye bye pizza! Scale at 165 after I ate the pizza tonight...

I am getting really pissed off at the slow losing, though. Maybe I'm being a bad sport but I hate having chub on my hips!:mad:

alaskanlaughter
02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
am sitting down at the end of the day....very busy today and about to get busier tomorrow...calories at 1030 but i might eat something else yet, carbs at 91...burned 220 calories at the gym...it was a rushed half hour workout because i had a ton of other stuff to get done also...

alaskanlaughter
02-08-2013, 01:42 AM
the plumber problems reminded me of a story....i'll tell you a story...about a year ago, our electrical in the house started having major problems...by the time we called an electrician, the lights had been flickering for awhile and then blew fuses in the main panel...the electrician found that our main breaker outside had been severely overloaded in the past and ended up having to replace the whole thing, plus major new wiring through the wall to the panel inside...he said it was lucky it didnt start a fire and burn the house down

now HOW did the circuits get so badly overloaded in the past??...it wasn't from us...we started to put two and two together...the previous owners had run alot of heavy-duty extension cords from the breaker to the garage...the garage door windows were covered up...they also left huge lights stored in the garage

yup...this upstanding, middle-class family who sold us their house had been running a big MARIJUANA GROW in the garage...explains why the dad "worked from home" and their electrical bills were sky-high...at the time they said "we had friends living with us for awhile" to explain it

LOLOL why else would there be so many grow lights left in the garage? ....

pinkflakes
02-08-2013, 05:42 AM
good morning!

Calories yesterday-1414

Walking/zumba

Diana3271
02-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :dance: Who is ready for the weekend?

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

No Change

This is my 3rd day in a row at this weight.

Psychic
02-08-2013, 07:18 AM
7 am - 230
Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal w/ Flax - 130
Danimals Smoothie - 70

9 am - 120
Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters - 120

12 pm - 290
Green Giant Rice Pilaf - 200
Fiber One Brownie - 90

4 pm - 270
Italian Style Chik Patty - 170
Sandwich Thin - 100

7 pm -
Nachos & Cheese - 1000!? :o
Grilled Chicken Sandwich - 250?

Calories: 2160 :o
Today's Weight: 187. 8

We went to a Pens hockey game last night. We had vouchers for free food and I gave into the temptation of those tasty nachos. I wasn't even thinking about the calories in the cheese till after I got them. Oh well. I will need to make up for it at the gym tonight.

Amarantha2
02-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Good morning, all! Am in a rush but am officially starting my 40 Days of Wheat Freedom! This is just an experiment. I was going to start on Sunday but had been cutting back and feeling good with it so decided to do a round 40 days, ending on the Vernal Equinox (March 20). :wave:

Missy Krissy
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning! Yesterday's calories = 1718. Morning WI = 143.8. TTOM is finally here, so maybe now I'll see some losses :crossed:

Missy Krissy
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Welcome Kadydid77! Don’t worry, not everyone (myself included) always has time to keep up with personals. I’m lucky if I do twice a week.

Syckgirlsfv – My DH is the same way when it comes to contacting the owners of our house.

Radiojane – 100 pounds?! Congratulations! You go girl!

chellez – 70 pounds in a year is ambitious, but totally doable. You’re right though, it does feel like climbing a mountain!

Rasagolla – Your cousin is right. It took me probably at least 3 weeks to get used to my lowered calorie intake. It also helps to eat high volume, low calorie foods.

racrane – It’s shocking when you find out the actual numbers isn’t it?

kendrabear, mamakat, lunarsongbird, pinkflakes - Hi!

Misti – Congrats on the pants! You’ll be in those 14s in no time!

Diana – Yes, she is! It’s been something of an “extended visit,” but I don’t mind. She’ll be leaving soon, probably sometime this weekend.

alaskanlaughter – Marijuana growers “work from home,” too funny.

Psychic – Despite the nacho splurge, 2160 isn’t too horrible. I’d be on the lookout for the effects of sodium though.

Amarantha2 – Good luck on your 40 days.

We had a heavy snowfall here last night, so instead of grocery shopping this morning I went last night before the snow. I’m on a very tight budget (DH is a student, I’m a SAHM, so it’s basically a fixed income) but I managed to get everything on my list with $1.50 to spare! Today my goal is to make my soups for the month – part of my money saving, healthy foods initiative. In fact, I better get to it, because it takes ALL DAY to simmer those soups!

Have a great day everyone.

Psychic
02-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Missy - I suppose not. It shouldn't stall my weight loss too much, since I'm normally eating 1400 a day. I drink a lot of water and unsweetened tea, so the sodium shouldn't affect me too much.

Radiojane - Congrats! Good job!

Radiojane
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
What is wrong with me lately? Didn't get up and go swimming again today. Just could not pull my butt out of bed. Maybe I'll go at six.

Scale moved down to 333.7 again today. It's so nice to see the 20's in view. I hope I hit another nice woosh and don't get waylayed by TOM right after getting off this spa weight!

Yesterday calories in:1274
Garlic Sausage
Cheddar cheese
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli
Dip
Chicken Divan

Calories out: 765
Swimming

Katydid77
02-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Yesterday was my cheat day. I'm due TOM around the 15th and I was having my serious hungry days. Anyway, I ate not great foods, but did not let myself snack really, and overall I actually feel good about the day.

Foods:

Breakfast: Whopper Jr and small fry :o

Lunch: Taco, most of an enchilada, rice (from local mexican place, but NO chips!)

Nibble: One vanilla wafer (was feeding the baby and mindlessly nibbled)

Dinner: Baked chicken breast, 3/4 cup white rice, few green beans, and three bites of scalloped potatoes (homemade dinner)

Notes ~ I didn't count calories, because I see large numbers and it freaks me out, then that messes up my 'just relax' and don't be crazy approach.

Weight is steady at 160.0 this morning, so after all that salt and stuff I feel pretty good about that.

Last night, my brother and family wanted to do family pics at a local photography's school free photo shoot. I spent the WHOLE night chasing a miserably hot 18 month old nephew that has a bad case of diaper rash and didn't want to be there at all. He was good and not really bratty, but he was just sooooo not wanting to be dressed up and having to stay in one spot. :(

And the last thing I was going to do was spank him to make him settle down b/c of the bad rash, so ppl where all thinking I needed to control my kid. lol. We made it, but I totally earned my Aunt stripes while mom and dad was off taking pics of them and the newest addition (my 5 week old niece).

Radiojane
02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Wear those Aunty stripes with pride. I feel ya! I had 4 year old, 2 1/2 year old and 10 month old nephews to babysit last night. The 10 month old was easy. The other two are getting to be willful little buggers.

alaskanlaughter
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
i am starting out my very busy schedule today...already worked and went to the dentist...i am numb and they put a temporary crown on while the permanent one is ordered...holy expensive though!!

now i'm off to two back to back meetings and then i work all afternoon...fun fun! TGIF!!

novangel
02-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I went about 300 cals over last night, had there not been a crazy snow storm I would've made it to the gym and burned off at least 500 and came out ok...but no. I got stuck inside.

I'll go tonight.

Rasagolla
02-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Hello everyone
Yes glad the weekend is here. Now have to watch out for the pizzas and ice creams that DD's (10 and 4 years old) and DH plan over the weekend.
Here is a question for everyone who has been successful - how do you survive the weekend when everyone around you is eating the foods you love but you know are junk and will mess with your weight loss and put the whole week in jeopardy? I am down to 157 today after beginning at 158.4 after a heavy "bean" taco meal and TOM. Accounting for water weight etc I guess I am either maintaining or lost half a pound. Now I know that even if I am a little "easy" on the weekend I will go back to 158 and that makes me annoyed
Thoughts?

Today exercise: ran+walked 4 miles with DD outside
Diet yesterday: about 1800 to 1900 but the scale was good to me this morning so I am okay

Missy Krissy
02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Rasagolla - Your DH and DD's are planning a pizza/ice cream party? I'd join them, but only partake a little bit. Maybe make yourself a big healthy salad or bowl of soup, fill up on that, then take only one slice of pizza and one scoop of ice cream. Who knows? Your DH and DD's might enjoy the healthy food too.

pinkflakes
02-08-2013, 07:44 PM
calories today: 1363

Zumba

chellez
02-08-2013, 10:09 PM
I kind of slept in today, only really had 2 main meals and baked spaghetti was one of them. I tried to lighten it up a bit, still came in at 1217 calories for the day and a relaxed effort at finning class because my legs hurt a little.

This weekend is going to be rough! I have to squeeze in a workout tomorrow between an early bird hair cut and a meetup at Red Robin/movie tomorrow night. Note to self: Think with your brain and not your gut at the restaurant!

Sunday will probably be my detox day before I weigh in for the week on Monday. I'm coming off of TOM plus all of the carbs and salt... any suggestions on how I can clean out my system?

novangel
02-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I was over by 300 cals last night but I'm under by approx 380 tonight so I guess it's a wash.. ;)

I spent about an hour and twenty at the gym, 3.60 miles between elliptical and treadmill; 550 cals burned....and that's after a 9 1/2 hour work day so my heart really wasn't in it. :tired:

Diana3271
02-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Please stay safe if you are getting bad weather in your area.

Katydid I was not aware of the grilled nuggets, either. I will have to look into them.

Syckgirlsfv Good job enjoying the pizza in moderation.

Alaskanlaughter Hi :wave:

Pinkflakes Good job, as always.

Psychic I love me some nachos, too! :drool:

Amarantha Good luck with the 40 Days of Wheat Freedom.

Krissy What kind of soups did you make? Enjoy the time with your Mom. Did she help with the soup today?

Radiojane Good job!

Novangel You got to the gym and got a workout in. Good for you! :carrot:

Rasagolla I have difficulty with moderation. I would probably make myself something different. I actually do that a lot. If DH wants spaghetti, I will use the same sauce but make myself a spaghetti squash.

Chellez Can you look at the Red Robin menu/nutrition guide online before you go to the restaurant? That way you can plan what you are going to eat ahead of time. I have literally printed out what I wanted and took the paper in with me. That way I won't get side tracked. I don't know about the detox. Maybe someone else can chime in about that.

Diana3271
02-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled steak 400 calories
2 orders collard greens 200 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat Power Hiit 1 w/12's
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

Radiojane
02-08-2013, 11:16 PM
chellez drink lots of water and add lemon juice to most of it. Dandelion tea is also great. Foods like cucumber and celery also rehydrate and help with bloat. I drink lemon water and dandelion tea after cheats to help with sodium bloat.

alaskanlaughter
02-08-2013, 11:30 PM
finally home for the night!! so good to take a mental break....i've been on the go for the last 13 hours lol....eating was strange today with the morning dental work...i didnt eat until after noon and i was starvingggg...i was still starving later...and then after that too...i'm sure i'm over on carbs but i dont know about calories...bites of carby things at the spaghetti feed...bites of cake etc...bites of noodles and sauce...i didnt eat a huge amount, or even a medium amount, and frankly i'm too lazy at this moment to try to calculate it...im exhausted!!

ETA: i did the best math i could with googled info...and my day totaled 1930 calories and 212 carbs...up from my goal of 1400-1500 calories and under 150 carbs....so not horrible but definitely not so good

pinkflakes
02-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Amarantha2- Good luck :)

Missy Krissy - Still waiting on my TOM she is late..grr..Hope you get a big whoosh :) Stay safe in the snow.

Radiojane - grats on the scale going down :)

Katydid77 - at least you got a little workout chasing him :P

alaskanlaughter - You are always so busy, I could not do half of what you do :) great job!

novangel - Stay safe in the snow :)

Rasagolla - I have my own little foods ..snacks...so when hubby and kids are munching on chips or something I grab my stuff :)

chellez - Drink plenty of water.

Diana3271 - hi :)

pinkflakes
02-09-2013, 04:42 AM
Good Morning all :)

Scale the same this morning. My TOM is running late...this bloat is awful!

Misti in Seattle
02-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Hi everyone

Had a super intensive pool workout last night after a long work day. It felt really good to get my muscles all worked out.

Wishing everyone a super weekend!

Diana3271
02-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a wonderful day!

Well, I'm really disappointed. I have noticed all week that I was starting to have issues with my lips/tongue. I have also woke to having hives. The hives are not that bad, though. Also, I haven't lost much since eating extra calories/having a gain from Super Bowl Sunday. In fact, I stayed the same for 3 days. Things are starting to add up. I woke up this morning and felt very swollen. As I got up out of bed, I could feel that my face/lips were swollen. It's the angio edema. I'm thinking it all has to do with the whole computer situation, me getting behind in my office work, trying to get caught up so I can take my books to the CPA this week, etc. I did get caught up at work, so the pressure is off there and things should calm down for me. I ate collard greens out last night, but they were not overly salty. Also, this is not just in my hands. Sodium gains feel different than the angio edema. What I have noticed, though, is when I have the angio edema episodes, they are not as bad as they used to be. I'm not taking the antihistamine, because it felt like I had slower digestion from taking it. We'll see how it goes.

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.6
Up: 1.2 pounds

K9Owner
02-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Diana: DO you know, last year I developed angioedema 4-5 different times in my lips due to a seasoning/BBQ rub I bought! My lips were HUGE! I took Allegra OTC & it went away within a couple hours. I have never experienced this before. I was quite scared b/c I didn't know what it was at the time nor did I know what caused it. But now, I can feel it before it becomes severe and take the Allegra. I thought of you when I had it :dizzy:

Alaskan: THAT Mary Jane story could absolutely only happen to you! :lol:
I laughed when I read that!

OnaMi
02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
:wave: everybody..Life had been tough..Mother almost bleed to Death cause when she was in the Hospital the last time,they put her on a 325ml aspirin and they didn't know that she had an ulcer.

She's doing fine now,Thank God.Out of the hospital and out of rehab.My way of eating took a major hit.I tried to hold it together but with everything going on... I felt like i was going to have a nervous breakdown.I needed to get out.. jog/exercise to relieve some stress and couldn't.I tried to prepare food at home to take w/me but timing was so hard.

Thank God we all pulled through.

I haven't weighed,don't plan on weighing for a while and just focus on working my plan and exercising..what made me feel good. focusing on geting my mind back on doing what's best for me and what makes me happy.If I'm all sad and depressed,how can i be of any good to her.

I was able to take a nice jog this morning and it felt so good.will fight to just make TODAY to good eating.

Have a wonderful day everybody :grouphug:

Diana3271
02-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Krystal Did you get tested for the IgE receptor antibody for angio edema? Or do you react/swell from certain contacts? I was tested and have the antibody. This whole thing came about after my Dad passed away. I have probably had it all along, but didn't have major stress related episodes until my Dad's situation came about. Last year it got even worse with my Mom's cancer diagnosis and her passing. All of that stressed really messed up my thyroid numbers, too. So as you can tell, it has all been a struggle for me. I feel like the angio edema is better than it was, though. Do you feel that the Allegra messes with your digestion? I was feeling really bloated from it. I was taking a higher dosage due to Dr. recommendation. I have read that it actually causes weight gain. I guess I don't know if the Allegra was causing the issue or the thyroid medicine being too low. It could be the thyroid all along and the Allegra could help me. I just don't know. Do you have any thoughts?

I know my angio edema flares up mostly with stressful situations. What I have is an autoimmune disorder that can be related to my hypothyroidism.

While I'm talking about my ailments from last year :rofl: I also had a bad bout of shingles to top it all off! Hopefully, things will calm down for me this year and I can get some of this under control.

Diana3271
02-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Ona I will keep your Mom and you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. Stress can be really hard on a person. Be kind to yourself. You know what you need to do with your eating. Find that focus, it's still in you. Things are just a little clouded right now. :hug:

mamakat
02-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well, we got hit by another huge storm. We won't be able to get out for days, but we have electricity and that's all that matters at this point. I was thinking I could help with some of the shoveling, you know, for some exercise. But I don't have any boots. I have nothing for the snow...I got rid of it all when my feet shrunk and never replaced it. I'll try something, maybe old sneakers and long socks. DH really shouldn't be the only one out there and hopefully the snowblower will be useful. They won't dig us out for a while, I know that, we are always the last for clear away. It was supposed to flood as well at high tide, but didn't, thankfully. Geez, we (communities and families) haven't recovered from Sandy yet. I'm wondering, if the house down the way held up with all the snow...it was leaning over the water, I'm not sure why they were waiting for the demolition, because it was so badly damaged. I wonder, if the ocean claimed it last night or not. Won't know as the snow is waist deep here, no way can I walk over to see it.

That's my update, sorry I haven't been around lately.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

OnaMi
02-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Thank you Diana :hug: I really appreciate you kind words of encourangment.:hug: sorry to read you're going through things :hug: You've overcome so much and dealt with it all.Things will get better. :hug:

Missy Krissy
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday's calories = 1684. Morning WI = 142.4, we're moving in the right direction, huzzah!

Missy Krissy
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
chellez – I second what Diana recommends; going online and deciding before going out to eat is a good plan.

novangel – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, your dedication to the gym is inspiring! Keep up the good work.

Diana – I made Beef Cabbage with Tomato (at .48 calories per gram), Beef Barley (at .66 calories per gram), and Sausage Sweet Potato (at .74 calories per gram). My mom helped by taking care of DS while I worked my kitchen magic! I hope you feel better with the angio edema. Bleck!

pinkflakes – Ugh, late TOM is the worst! You’re doing great staying on track though.

alaskanlaughter – Today is a new day!

Misti – Good job getting to the pool.

OnaMi – I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, but I’m glad she (and you) are ok now. Keep taking care of yourself. {{Hugs}}.

mamakat – Wow, that sounds like a lot of snow!

Today DH and I are going over to the in-laws and then are going to go sign up for swim lessons for DS (courtesy of those in-laws, very nice of them!). I think we’re going to have lunch with them, and I’m sure it will be good but it’ll probably be one of those estimated calorie counts.

Have a great on plan day everyone!

Radiojane
02-09-2013, 01:07 PM
332.2 today. Surprised it moved because I didn't get to the pool yesterday either. I WILL go today. Calories in yesterday 1099

pinkflakes
02-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I have failed myself.. I have had not 1 but 2 dr.peppers today! So thirsty for some reason and water just was not cutting it. going to cut out my evening snack ..should make up for most of it.

alaskanlaughter
02-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I have failed myself.. I have had not 1 but 2 dr.peppers today! So thirsty for some reason and water just was not cutting it. going to cut out my evening snack ..should make up for most of it.

you didn't "fail"...you just made a different choice...some days i made worse choices than other days but it doesnt mean any of us have failed

i was so tired last night by 8 p.m. that i could barely function, like it was a mental strain to keep my eyes open...i went to bed at 9 and slept like the dead til 6:30 a.m. when younger son woke me up...ive spent the day paying bills and grocery shopping...its raining sideways and blowing like crazy out there...gonna try to stay home the rest of the day by the fire...DH built a nice warm fire in the fireplace :D

Katydid77
02-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Still weighing in at 160.0. Between yesterday and today I think that makes 5 days without a scale movement, soooo hopefully one is lurking just around the corner.

I have been hungry and hungry and then hungry some more. I think I am just simply used to eating more than I have been, and my body is wondering what the heck happened to all the food?! lol

Anyway, yesterday's food:

cup of broc chedder soup with end piece of baguette (450)
cup of chix noodle soup with wonton strips (280)
1/2 krispy kreme doughnut (100)
espresso and 1/2 of a hot tea (75)
tbsp of peanut butter (100)

Total: 1005 calories

Today's food:

bacon egg and cheese on whole grain bagel (550)
small icedream cone (160)
cucumber salad (150)
espresso drink (50)

Total: 1230

Notes:

~ I work as a manager at Panera (that's why the soups and bagels stuck in there) and I did a close/open yesterday. Meaning, I closed (got home around 11:30pm) and had to turn around and be at work at 5:30am. So that means only about 4 hours sleep last night

~ I woke up very hungry, and when I ate that calorie fest breakfast sandwich before 7am, I thought my day was shot, but I managed to play the 'wait one more hour game' all day and bringing my calories in on the low side.

~I may eat an orange and add a 100 cals on today's total. Anymore I'm scared to lose with TOO low of calories, because I'm worried when it gets down to the last 10lbs, I won't have any tricks left to pull out of the bag!

mamakat
02-09-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm exhausted and worn out! We had/have 38" and I shoveled most of it! It was too much for our snowblower so I shoveled then DH followed along. At one time, I had DS come out, he's 16 and healthy...he complained about the cold, the heavy snow, his wardrobe. He scooped one section to my three. Finally I told him to leave because he was hindering more than helping. His dad didn't let him off so easy. It was either shovel or clean his room. He cleaned his room in the nice warm house :p I find it funny that I'm the one with all the physical ailments: bad hip and MD, plus I'm dealing with SAD fatigue and I was out there and NOT complaining. LOL. I did it for like 4 hours then I couldn't do it anymore. I got us to the sidewalk, dug out a path from my car to the sidewalk (wide enough to get the car out) and dug out tail end of second car. The cars can't actually go anywhere as no one plowed us out...we are still snowbound. But I got a good deal of it shoveled, now we wait and see how plowing goes. There are several buried cars on the street, so hopefully no one gets dinged up by the big trucks, but then if it takes few days maybe the sun will melt away some of this stuff.

Our neighbor spent the entire morning fishtailing and spinning wheel, plus shoveling to get to the main road. He had to get out there and work as a shovel guy. DH said no job was that important, but DH owns his own business and gets paid no matter what...others aren't so lucky. All I know, is I'm tired and I hope this works on my weight because I stepped on the scale today and I've gained nearly 10lbs this year, so far. My therapist said that might change once I turn around with light and vitamins...we'll see. Who knows when I'll get the light. It was ordered, but no way a mailman will get to us...I hope we have enough food :lol: Now's the time to think about that, right? :lol: I'm always prepared...NOT

I hope everyone is safe and warm. :)

Diana3271
02-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Total Approx 1835 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (480 Calories)
3 Amy's Cheese Pizza Toaster Pops 480 Calories

Dinner (960 Calories)
Annie's Homegrown Organic Cheeseburger Macaroni 510 calories
Sugar Snap Peas 100 calories
1/6 small coconut custard pie 350 calories

Exercise:
LM Combat 45 w/weighted gloves

Diana3271
02-09-2013, 09:20 PM

This morning I took 1/2 dose of Allegra for the angioedema.

Alaskanlaughter I have had similar days to what happened with you yesterday. Once I get hungry and/or don't eat on time, I end up being a bottomless pit. I never seem to get full or satisfied.

Misti Good job on your workout. I hope you had a great day.

Mamakat You definitely got a workout in today. You are probably going to be incredibly sore tomorrow. Please stay safe and don't get hurt. Someone in another check-in fell and tweaked her back.

Krissy Good job on the scale! :carrot: The soups sound wonderful. Enjoy!

Radiojane Keep up the great work! How was your Saturday?

Pinkflakes No failure. Like Alaskanlaughter said, you made a different choice and you can work it in your plan. No it's not perfect, but things cannot always be that way.

Katydid Good job on your calories, you made it work for you.

novangel
02-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Ona, I will keep your Mom in my thoughts. :hug:

Missy, I'm flattered to hear my work at the gym inspires you! If only my scale would show a little more love too!

Mamakat, 38" of snow is insane! Shoveling all that had to be more than a workout, I can't even imagine. I used to gripe about shoveling a few inches when I had a house. You're arms are going to be sore tomorrow for sure. ;)

PinkFlakes, HARDLY a fail. I have screwed up waaaay worse (see below) don't fret. I'm not even worried about you, you're dedication is serious business.

Katy, Love the new Spinach Power Salad!

RadioJane, Keep up the good work!

So tonight was 55 minutes on the elliptical. Slight incline, 18p resistance at 158 strides per minute average. 3.10 miles; 670 cals burned. Should I even bring up the huge cheeseburger with fries I ate today? Yeah. I sure did. Off to see the damage on MFP. :/

Tomorrow I plan to jog minimum 4 miles.

Radiojane
02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
mamakat that's insane. We've had storms like that here this year. It's no fun

ona hope your mom gets better

pink don't sweat it. Everbody caves to a craving now and then

alaskan your life is crazy! Hope you get to relax tonight

diana my Saturday was dull. Cleaned my kitchen, hit the pool & now I'm going to play canasta with friends.

Today I finally made it back to work out! 45 minutes hard pool time! Felt so much better! Would have done an hour but it was a zoo.

novangel
02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
I used to love playing Canasta with friends. Seems these days everyone is too busy with kids and work which I totally understand. I sometimes miss the old, carefree days though.

1961tracy
02-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi I'm Tracy and I am 51. I started last week with a combination of Dukan and Protein Power. So far I have not had any sweet cravings. I weigh in on Monday so we shall see.

Marniadec
02-10-2013, 03:59 AM
I have an ear infection and either my thyroid is acting up or my severe iron deficiency got more severe. I was supposed to get my period yesterday and it's late. Then I realized that it has been late for the past 3 months because I was sick every time. Excellent. I'm also 1.8 lbs down, although I'm --obviously-- bloated, so I hope it's real weight loss. If so, I'm 1.3 lbs away from my second goal. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone's doing well! I did managed to read that mamakat got a great workout in with all the shoveling (good job! :p), pinkflakes thinks that 2 Dr. Peppers are a big deal (it's not. 4 pieces of dessert in a day is a big deal. Don't be so hard on yourself! You deserve a small cheat with all the hard work you've put in!) Radiojane lost weight (yay!) and Dianna has problems with the angioedema (ouch and I hope the drug helps quickly!)

Also, I was supposed to go eat cake and have coffee and help stray animals today, but I can't. :( I told a friend to give money on my behalf instead...

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks ladys :)

Yesterdays calories: 1507

zumba/pilates

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi I'm Tracy and I am 51. I started last week with a combination of Dukan and Protein Power. So far I have not had any sweet cravings. I weigh in on Monday so we shall see.

Welcome !

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 06:42 AM
I have an ear infection and either my thyroid is acting up or my severe iron deficiency got more severe. I was supposed to get my period yesterday and it's late. Then I realized that it has been late for the past 3 months because I was sick every time. Excellent. I'm also 1.8 lbs down, although I'm --obviously-- bloated, so I hope it's real weight loss. If so, I'm 1.3 lbs away from my second goal. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone's doing well! I did managed to read that mamakat got a great workout in with all the shoveling (good job! :p), pinkflakes thinks that 2 Dr. Peppers are a big deal (it's not. 4 pieces of dessert in a day is a big deal. Don't be so hard on yourself! You deserve a small cheat with all the hard work you've put in!) Radiojane lost weight (yay!) and Dianna has problems with the angioedema (ouch and I hope the drug helps quickly!)

Also, I was supposed to go eat cake and have coffee and help stray animals today, but I can't. :( I told a friend to give money on my behalf instead...

Hope you feel better! :)
Grats on the weight loss ! :carrot:

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm exhausted and worn out! We had/have 38" and I shoveled most of it! It was too much for our snowblower so I shoveled then DH followed along. At one time, I had DS come out, he's 16 and healthy...he complained about the cold, the heavy snow, his wardrobe. He scooped one section to my three. Finally I told him to leave because he was hindering more than helping. His dad didn't let him off so easy. It was either shovel or clean his room. He cleaned his room in the nice warm house :p I find it funny that I'm the one with all the physical ailments: bad hip and MD, plus I'm dealing with SAD fatigue and I was out there and NOT complaining. LOL. I did it for like 4 hours then I couldn't do it anymore. I got us to the sidewalk, dug out a path from my car to the sidewalk (wide enough to get the car out) and dug out tail end of second car. The cars can't actually go anywhere as no one plowed us out...we are still snowbound. But I got a good deal of it shoveled, now we wait and see how plowing goes. There are several buried cars on the street, so hopefully no one gets dinged up by the big trucks, but then if it takes few days maybe the sun will melt away some of this stuff.

Our neighbor spent the entire morning fishtailing and spinning wheel, plus shoveling to get to the main road. He had to get out there and work as a shovel guy. DH said no job was that important, but DH owns his own business and gets paid no matter what...others aren't so lucky. All I know, is I'm tired and I hope this works on my weight because I stepped on the scale today and I've gained nearly 10lbs this year, so far. My therapist said that might change once I turn around with light and vitamins...we'll see. Who knows when I'll get the light. It was ordered, but no way a mailman will get to us...I hope we have enough food :lol: Now's the time to think about that, right? :lol: I'm always prepared...NOT

I hope everyone is safe and warm. :)

Praying for you guys! Stay safe :)

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 06:45 AM
chellez – I second what Diana recommends; going online and deciding before going out to eat is a good plan.

novangel – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, your dedication to the gym is inspiring! Keep up the good work.

Diana – I made Beef Cabbage with Tomato (at .48 calories per gram), Beef Barley (at .66 calories per gram), and Sausage Sweet Potato (at .74 calories per gram). My mom helped by taking care of DS while I worked my kitchen magic! I hope you feel better with the angio edema. Bleck!

pinkflakes – Ugh, late TOM is the worst! You’re doing great staying on track though.

alaskanlaughter – Today is a new day!

Misti – Good job getting to the pool.

OnaMi – I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, but I’m glad she (and you) are ok now. Keep taking care of yourself. {{Hugs}}.

mamakat – Wow, that sounds like a lot of snow!

Today DH and I are going over to the in-laws and then are going to go sign up for swim lessons for DS (courtesy of those in-laws, very nice of them!). I think we’re going to have lunch with them, and I’m sure it will be good but it’ll probably be one of those estimated calorie counts.

Have a great on plan day everyone!

Thats very nice of the in-laws!

bunnabear
02-10-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm getting over some morning after regret from cheat day yesterday. I took in about 1600 calories (normally I stay around 1200 on typical days and below 1400 on cheat day). I did do my 30DS Level 2 Day 5 despite feeling full and bloated all day. I think the biggest impact was more sodium than I'm used to so today will be filled with lots of water to rid myself of this bloat. Today is a scheduled rest day but I may hit some Zumba just to feel more energized.

Misti in Seattle
02-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Good morning, everyone.

Mamakat, wow you are really getting hit with the storms this year. So glad you still have power, though!!!

It is kind of crazy that my scale is still not moving much... except that my surgeon told me this would happen. I could not get in to see him again until 3/6 so have another month to beat off the fat, ha.

I am definitely wearing smaller clothes! Yesterday I got out my two new 0X size blouses that were too tight on me before and they definitely fit, as well as the size 16 pants fitting. I finally found two blouses that go with my teal and purple pants (those are the 16s and I could not find anything to wear with them but now that they fit I really needed something).

I did another strenuous pool workout yesterday morning. I'm trying to work in upper some arm and inner thigh exercises in the pool since I am getting a lot of loose flab there. Also found a great video online for arms so better get busy with that!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Diana3271
02-10-2013, 08:58 AM

1961tracy Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Calories for yesterday: 1835 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.8
Up: .2

TMI Alert: I can also have other symptoms with the angio edema. That being bathroom problems. I haven't had this issue since I quit taking the antihistamine in December. I am normally very regular. I normally go every day, at times I will skip a day, but not often. I haven't been since Thursday. :o I eat a lot of veggies, so I know I am full of stuff right now! ;) It's funny, when I went to the Dr. about all of this angio edema business, I told him all of my symptoms around these episodes. The Dr. seemed to think some of these issues must be another problem not the angio edema. All of the symptoms even the ones he disagreed with revolve around the angio edema. The nurse said it was the angio edema and she is familiar with the effects. That type of stuff makes me wonder about Dr's. Maybe the Dr's know about "text book" info and drug info, but they are not as familiar with all of the side effects the patient deals with. Maybe I am just unique and my symptoms encompass a greater area. :dunno:

mamakat
02-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Misti congrats on the inches going down and the clothes getting bigger. For a time I was stuck in 240's for like 7 weeks and the scale was relentless. But I ended up losing a few sizes which was awesome, that's when I started to measure and weigh. I wish I could say the same thing now, but I'm gaining instead of losing, luckily my clothes had enough give for a gain...waa, I want to lose :p

Tracy Welcome. I think it's awesome you aren't having sweets cravings. I do low carb (extreme low carbing) and I know how bad the cravings get in the beginning.

Missy Krissy I think that's cool of your in-laws to pay for swimming lessons. Do you get to go with him or was part of the deal grandma gets to go?

Pinkflakes don't beat yourself up over the sodas...it's very hard to kick the habit...you are talking sugar and caffeine in a quick rush, plus it tastes good. The other day, while driving I popped open a Barg root beer (now I have never drank sugar'd soda) and swallowed two huge gulps before I thought "yuck". I examined the can that looks the same both diet and regular and discovered it was regular...which means I have to go through withdrawal from sugar! I couldn't wait to yell at DH, but karma got him. He did the same thing on his way home. He called me to complain which I turned back on him since I don't shop...it's all his fault, I had sugar! LOL it burns off fast though.

Diana I think the best place to go (sometimes) when it comes to side effects is the pharmacists and the pamphlets the meds come with. I once described symptoms of a bad reaction to one of my psych meds and the dr at the time, was like, that isn't a symptom of that med so you're fine. You know how you feel and I knew I wasn't feeling fine. So, against all rules I stopped. Within days, I felt better. Now I never ever say stop a med cold especially if it says not to...which all psych meds say, but I was desperate and that doc had just given up on finding the truth. I had gone on a 2 week drive across the country vacation with my kittens and on the leg back, DH had to fly to Chicago where we picked him up. He took over the trip while I tried to move from one place to the next... I had swelled up to where my body couldn't bend and when it did, it hurt like heck. I hate when doctors give up and don't listen...we know our bodies. And it turned out, that was the first step on the road of destruction, my heart was in danger...now I read every little thing, just to be prepared. Geez, we have enough with these dumb thyroid issues...same doc called mine lazy and just needed a pick me up...I have Hashimoto's and need to get an ultra sound regularly...my endo was appalled at the other doctor's diagnosis...lazy, how rude :( :p

Well, no plowing has been done here. Remember during Sandy, we were the last for electricity and same way with Irene. For some reason, our little patch of beach community seems to always be forgotten :shrug: I was told the house down the way, made it through, but if no one digs it out I'm not sure how long it will stand/lean.

I am very sore as you've guessed. I am amazed that I'm only sore due to exercise...except for my fingers. My back is what hurts the most..so, I'm picturing by next week I'll look like an athlete :rofl: all nice and muscular :p I thought my shoulders would hurt more, but maybe all my past push ups helped with that :shrug: I will go out again today because I'm bound and determined to lose this weight and it's sunny outside. I want to be in the sun. My DH has boasted all over facebook on how much I shoveled because when you think about it, I dug 38" x 10' x 6' I think that's right. Or close to because I dug out an entire driveway and before that a pathway. I'm so impressed with my arms :lol: I have no upper body strength or so I thought...I'm proud of me, now I gotta get out there again, so I don't freeze up.

Hope they plow soon. We really didn't prepare as far as food goes. We didn't think it could get this bad at the beach...LOL, that's Arizonans for ya.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Misti in Seattle
02-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Hello again, everyone

Mamakat, glad to know it is just not me who gets stuck so badly with the scale! I could go to a more "drastic" plan but since I am honestly pretty skinny except for this massive stuff in front... and both my doctor and chiro agree... I am going to wait and see what the surgeon says first. Thing is I love my eating plan and it is something I can live with, and extremely healthful. And it has been working so well. So for now I am just going to keep working out and doing what I am doing. We shall see.

Stick with it, everyone. We can do this.

K9Owner
02-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Krystal Did you get tested for the IgE receptor antibody for angio edema? Or do you react/swell from certain contacts? I was tested and have the antibody. This whole thing came about after my Dad passed away. I have probably had it all along, but didn't have major stress related episodes until my Dad's situation came about. Last year it got even worse with my Mom's cancer diagnosis and her passing. All of that stressed really messed up my thyroid numbers, too. So as you can tell, it has all been a struggle for me. I feel like the angio edema is better than it was, though. Do you feel that the Allegra messes with your digestion? I was feeling really bloated from it. I was taking a higher dosage due to Dr. recommendation. I have read that it actually causes weight gain. I guess I don't know if the Allegra was causing the issue or the thyroid medicine being too low. It could be the thyroid all along and the Allegra could help me. I just don't know. Do you have any thoughts?

I know my angio edema flares up mostly with stressful situations. What I have is an autoimmune disorder that can be related to my hypothyroidism.

While I'm talking about my ailments from last year :rofl: I also had a bad bout of shingles to top it all off! Hopefully, things will calm down for me this year and I can get some of this under control.

I did not get tested for IgE. I only react from whatever that is in the rub.
You know, last year when you thought it was mustard or something??
Mine is like that. When my lips come in contact with whatever that spice is, they swell.

I have no SE from taking Allegra. I have always dealt with bouts of constipation, but I keep the herbal Colon Cleanse around for that.
I just take 1 Allegra and it will be gone. I don't have to take multiple doses.
The funny thing is Benadryl doesn't touch it!
I take 12.5-25mg usually daily to sleep. But its antihistamine properties didn't affect the angio edema.

My thoughts are this: I'd rather take a Colon Cleanse for a day or 2 if I have constipation than having my lips 3-4x their normal size. Now, if I could get angio edema in all quadrants of my lips and look like I had a little Collagen injection in them and they were sexy, I'd consider keeping the "fat lip" look!! :lol:

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Down a pound! Only 10 more pounds to go! yay!!!!!

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Pinkflakes don't beat yourself up over the sodas...it's very hard to kick the habit...you are talking sugar and caffeine in a quick rush, plus it tastes good. The other day, while driving I popped open a Barg root beer (now I have never drank sugar'd soda) and swallowed two huge gulps before I thought "yuck". I examined the can that looks the same both diet and regular and discovered it was regular...which means I have to go through withdrawal from sugar! I couldn't wait to yell at DH, but karma got him. He did the same thing on his way home. He called me to complain which I turned back on him since I don't shop...it's all his fault, I had sugar! LOL it burns off fast though.

Thats to funny! You're right must not have hurt to bad cause i am down a pound today! Thanks for your kind words.

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM

1961tracy Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Calories for yesterday: 1835 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 160.8
Up: .2

TMI Alert: I can also have other symptoms with the angio edema. That being bathroom problems. I haven't had this issue since I quit taking the antihistamine in December. I am normally very regular. I normally go every day, at times I will skip a day, but not often. I haven't been since Thursday. :o I eat a lot of veggies, so I know I am full of stuff right now! ;) It's funny, when I went to the Dr. about all of this angio edema business, I told him all of my symptoms around these episodes. The Dr. seemed to think some of these issues must be another problem not the angio edema. All of the symptoms even the ones he disagreed with revolve around the angio edema. The nurse said it was the angio edema and she is familiar with the effects. That type of stuff makes me wonder about Dr's. Maybe the Dr's know about "text book" info and drug info, but they are not as familiar with all of the side effects the patient deals with. Maybe I am just unique and my symptoms encompass a greater area. :dunno:

I hope you get to feeling better! I ALWAYS have this problems I hafta use fleets regulary.

pinkflakes
02-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Good morning, everyone.

Mamakat, wow you are really getting hit with the storms this year. So glad you still have power, though!!!

It is kind of crazy that my scale is still not moving much... except that my surgeon told me this would happen. I could not get in to see him again until 3/6 so have another month to beat off the fat, ha.

I am definitely wearing smaller clothes! Yesterday I got out my two new 0X size blouses that were too tight on me before and they definitely fit, as well as the size 16 pants fitting. I finally found two blouses that go with my teal and purple pants (those are the 16s and I could not find anything to wear with them but now that they fit I really needed something).

I did another strenuous pool workout yesterday morning. I'm trying to work in upper some arm and inner thigh exercises in the pool since I am getting a lot of loose flab there. Also found a great video online for arms so better get busy with that!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

congrats on the smaller clothing! :)

bunnabear - Zumba always gives me energy! Hoping I can pick back up the 30 DS soon. I am a smoker and I think thats why I am having problems with it :?:

bunnabear
02-10-2013, 06:14 PM
pinkflakes - I did end up doing Zumba and it left me feeling better :cheer2: 30 DS is really tough, I find I need a rest day after every 5 days to give my poor muscles a break. I just realized today that I'm halfway through it. I have Ripped in 30 to start next but I've got to get through level 3 first (after the last 5 days of level 2 of course).

Misti in Seattle
02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeeks I finally got brave enough to post my progress pix LOL

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/275451-down-79-pounds-never-thought-id-post-these.html#post4628727

alaskanlaughter
02-10-2013, 08:04 PM
i went to the gym around noon, having not eaten anything today...i did walk/run intervals where running totalled 2 miles and walking totalled 2.25 miles in an hour total...i ate as soon as i got home but i think i set myself up to be extra hungry today...i'm at 910 calories so far and it's only 4 p.m. lol....good food choices but still...

otherwise a slow day on a sunday....the windstorm of last night has died down...a wind gust collapsed part of our fireplace chimney last night, which immediately doused the fire that was burning...it's an easy fix, just got to get to it

alaskanlaughter
02-10-2013, 08:07 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/275451-down-79-pounds-never-thought-id-post-these.html#post4628727

wowww!! i love the pics! that's a fantastic loss, 79 pounds! way to go! :carrot::carrot:

novangel
02-10-2013, 08:14 PM
60 minutes on the treadmill, 4 1/2 miles. That was rough since I haven't jogged for distance in a few weeks. I don't know how some people can run like 10 miles but I envy them.

Diana3271
02-10-2013, 09:31 PM

Thursday is Valentine's Day. :val2: Do you have anything special planned?

Another weekend that just flew by!

Radiojane I actually prefer dull weekends. :lol: It seems like we run so hard during the week. I still never get a chance to just chill and do nothing on the weekend, though. I am still running, but not as hard. ;)

Marniadec Good job on the 1.8 pounds! :carrot: I hope you feel better quickly.

Bunnabear Your calories were not that bad. I see you did the Zumba workout. I'm glad you felt better.

Mamakat Well, either you are in better shape so you won't get that sore OR tomorrow you won't even be able to move. ;) I have all kinds of weird stuff that happens with medicine. I don't fit the typical patient profile with meds. Do you take synthroid? If so, what dosage? I take two 112's (224 total) per day. I hope your electricity stayed on for you.

Krystal When I have flare ups DH says I have Angelina Jolie lips. :lol: He says women pay good money to look like that. :p The only problem is that when I get it bad like that, my face swells so bad that it's distorted. People that know me wouldn't even recognize me. I haven't had it like that in a long time. I think what made it so bad was that I was always so stressed because I thought I had a food allergy. As soon as I would get near food I would get anxious because I didn't know what I was allergic to. All of that stress was just making it worse.

Pinkflakes Good job on the pound!

Misti I can really see a difference. :bravo: You have accomplished a lot! Keep up the great work.

Alaskanlaughter Do you have electric heat as well as the fireplace?

Novangel Excellent job on the 4 1/2 miles!

Diana3271
02-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Total Approx 1375 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 600 Calories
Chicken Salad Wrap 400 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner 380 Calories
Cottage Cheese 240 Calories
2 peach cups 140 calories

Exercise:
LM Live Combat 60 w/weighted gloves

alaskanlaughter
02-10-2013, 10:11 PM
diana - yes we have a furnace actually that we use most of the time, but on windy rainy nights like last night, we like to have a fire in the fireplace going instead...it's an easy fix, in that it's not super expensive, the part is in town, and DH can do the work himself...we just have to wait til payday and then take care of it

Radiojane
02-10-2013, 11:06 PM
This is a quickie because I'm wiped. I spent the afternoon cleaning out my bf's childhood bedroom. My sil is getting married this spring, and my inlaws need space cleared for family to stay over. No one in that family throws anything away ever. And both kids stored stuff there when they had small apartments. It was a long day with lots of battles.

Scale was down to 331.1
Yesterday calories in:1605
Calories out 1196

pinkflakes
02-11-2013, 03:48 AM
Yesterdays calories: 1532

zumba/walking

pinkflakes
02-11-2013, 06:25 AM

You look great! grats! :carrot:

Psychic
02-11-2013, 07:06 AM
I kinda slacked off in the last few days. I'm not even going to post yesterday's calories because they're that bad. Chinese buffet anyone? Good news is that I only gained 0.8 of a pound. I feel that this is going to be a stressful week, but I'm going to do my best to try to keep up with exercise.

Current Weight: 187.8

Diana3271
02-11-2013, 07:11 AM
This is a quickie because I'm wiped. I spent the afternoon cleaning out my bf's childhood bedroom. My sil is getting married this spring, and my inlaws need space cleared for family to stay over. No one in that family throws anything away ever. And both kids stored stuff there when they had small apartments. It was a long day with lots of battles.

I feel for you but can relate. I have been cleaning out our family home since my Mom passed away during the Summer. I went to do more work yesterday. I have made a good dent, though. I don't recall if you were here while I was going through all of the documents in the house. I shredded everything. There was paperwork from the '60's. I ended up with three+ 55 gallon drum's packed full. Glad that's over with!

Diana3271
02-11-2013, 07:13 AM

I took another 1/2 dose of Allegra yesterday. I feel less swollen this morning.

Calories for yesterday: 1375
Weigh In: 160.2
Down: .6

Missy Krissy
02-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Good Morning. Yesterday's calories = 1779. Morning WI = 144.6.

mamakat
02-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Monday Morning WI 177.8 up .2 from last week, but down a couple from a few days ago...I saw 180.8! I have no idea why I'm gaining rather than losing, it's kinda freaking me out.

Diana I take Levoxyl (synthroid didn't work for me no matter how much we kept going up). I've been on higher dose than my blood work says I need for over a year and a half, but the endo doesn't seem to mind and the shrink is okay with it as long as it doesn't affect my psych meds. I read where some people take thyroid medicine to help lose weight, but it's not been helpful in my case (except that my body believes I have a working thyroid so I'm getting the right hormones...but no extra kick).

I shoveled my car just a little yesterday then we walked down to the road because a zippy mart was open. That house is still there but it leans further over. It's not like they can get to it now. Turns out we live in the worst hit town. My DH is reading all the articles and watching news snippets of how our little town was the worst hit in the tri-state "new york only got 11"". Men :lol: I'd like to say we were plowed out, but we weren't and now it's freezing rain. I have no idea where they will put all this snow, even if they get here at all. I'm not sure what they'll expect of kids (today they have off) who don't ride the bus because mine never have and wouldn't know how to...lol. We used up all vacation with Sandy. They get no winter break and Spring is out now too. Schools can't pass a certain time in June here because of contracts, so not really sure how all this will work. And the mail can't get through! Oh and speaking of those who can't get through...our street had an emergency gas problem last night, that was not an easy fix. No plow even came in...the gas truck drivers at 9 pm probably were bewildered how they were going to get their big trucks up the street to repair the furnaces. Gotta love challenging storms....is this what builds character?

I'm hardly moving, everything hurts, even toes and fingers so I have been sitting watching movies and moaning...but DH can fix dinner and move around and that's what matters, cuz my kittens need to eat!

I hope everyone has wonderful and healthy day!

Missy Krissy
02-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Katydid77 – I love Panera! The napa chicken sandwich is my absolute favorite. Really I like everything there, and there are plenty of lower calorie options that work with my plan, so it’s my go to for a quick meal when I order out. Since I’ve been working to lose weight I’ve stayed away from the yummy bagels though.

mamkat – Well, like you noted, at least shoveling is good exercise! I’m convinced non-stop complaining is a male problem (no offense to any guys on here). My DH complains about absolutely everything, meanwhile I’ll be busting my hump getting things done way faster because I’m not wasting energy p*ssing and moaning about it. As for the swimming lessons, either DH or I will have to be with DS in the water, but grandma and grandpa are allowed to come to the pool and cheer him on from the pool deck :)

novangel – LOL at your “fine print” cheeseburger confession!

Radiojane – Good job getting back in the water!

Marniadec – Congrats on the 1.8! Keep it up!

bunnabear – Girl, 1600 on your cheat day is nothing to feel bad about! I would have thought that given your height 1600 might be what you normally eat! Seriously, don’t feel bad about that number one bit.

Misti – I like your new pic, very pretty.

pinkflakes – Congrats on the pound, woo hoo!

Hi to anyone I missed! I’m off to play with DS, he’s being extra lovey this morning.

Radiojane
02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Diana I know what that's like! My mom's parents moved to town in 2005. My mom is STILL cleaning out their house. (my uncle lived in it, and now since they passed last year, my mom inherited it and has moved in). The last insane thing was a desk drawer with a business card from every one my grandfather ever met I think! My grandmother was a pack rat, a real survivor of the depression. We found drawers full of used tinfoil, closets with clothes from the 1940's, just crazy. Some of it was valuable/sentimental, but most of it was junk.

I'm getting really good at "downsizing". I've moved my dad's mother out of her six bedroom house to a two bedroom apartment, then a one bedroom in a home, then moved my other grandparents to a small trailer and eventually to a home, moved my mom out of our house to an apartment to her parents, and moved myself numerous time. If I ever have to make a run from my bf, I can be out the door in one load! Bf on the other hand? It'll take weeks to move his crap out of our tiny condo!

Weight today was 330.8, so a tiny movement, but I was off plan yesterday because we had supper with my sister in law after we cleaned, and I had a glass of wine and a glass of pop (their water is undrinkable). February is definitely not the "Woosh" month January was, but in a way I'm sort of glad because Iam starting to feel a little skin on my belly that I can pull away from the fat, and I don't really have the budget for more clothes, and I have a few nice pieces fitting me well right now. On the other hand, I'd like to have as much off as possible before I "maintain" between dress alterations and the wedding. I'm not whining - I know I'm losing at a great rate, a half pound a day is awesome - I'm just... well... impatient!

Calories in Yesterday: I'm estimating 1500 - Breakfast was 400, I didn't eat lunch and supper was made by my sister in law

Calories out:1324
Swimming with sprints 1 hour
Weight: 330.8, so -0.3

chellez
02-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Took a few days off from being accountable on a daily basis (plus I didn't want to tempt anyone with what I ate at Red Robin this weekend :devil:) then I ended up sick all Sunday so I'm finally back in action and ready for a new week.

I lost 2.5 pounds last week :carrot: so that feels amazing after psyching myself out while weighing during my TOM. My goal this week is to really up my water intake. I'm barely scraping six 8 oz glasses most days when I know I should be making at least 8. I had 15 glasses yesterday because I was on cold/flu meds and while I was running to the bathroom a lot, I have a feeling it really helped with my loss this week.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Wrap up and don't catch my monster cold!

Diana3271
02-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Quick post, I will be back later:

Did anyone watch the Grammy's last night? I don't normally watch, but I caught bits and pieces last night. I like to listen to a wide range of music. I have noticed something recently. It seems there is a 60's/Folk music trend going. I just did a search of some songs that I have been liking. I saw some of the artists on the Grammy's last night. Before last night I never connected the artist to the song. I had heard of all of the artists and I new the songs, but not who did what. I noticed that all of these seem very similar to me.

Phillip Phillips - Home
The Lumineers - Ho Hey
Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait

Syckgirlsfv
02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
I didn't account for my food this weekend, except for on My Fitness Pal. I had a cheat day yesterday - not too bad but we had a Valentine's luncheon at church yesterday and I had lots of good food! not too much, though...but I had some pizza and wine while I watched the mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead!

breakfast this morning was some jasmine rice mixed with soycutash, with Sriracha poured all over it. YUM! - 237 calories

for lunch I brought a turkey and provolone sammich on multi-grain baguette.

snack - a plum and an apple.

weight still at 164 -165. I'm going to kick it up a notch this week to get under that!

Radiojane
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
My goal this week is to really up my water intake. I'm barely scraping six 8 oz glasses most days when I know I should be making at least 8. I had 15 glasses yesterday because I was on cold/flu meds and while I was running to the bathroom a lot, I have a feeling it really helped with my loss this week.

I have issues getting my water on the weekends. I always have a full bottle on my desk at work and I take it home full, but on weekends it seems to be a real effort for me to get my 2 liters.

Rasagolla
02-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone!
Weekend was fun otherwise not for my weight loss though!

Congrats Misti (awesome, motivating pics!), and Pink. Sorry if I missed out on anyone. Seeing numbers drop for others is so motivating!

Mamakat hope you are doing okay. Heard that it was really bad in some areas.

Missy and Diana thank you for weekend suggestions. I did read them but did not implement them:D will do it the next time

Weekend exercise: Ran 5 miles for an hour on Sat, legs were killing me on Sunday but still ran and very proud of myself. Took day off today because I could not move and tomorrow is my off day because I teach a morning class

Weekend food: dont want to talk about it:( in short too much!
Sat had a good lunch followed by pan pizza and breadsticks for dinner
Sun a heavy brunch with rice and IHOP for dinner with pancakes and milkshakes
I probably ate 20000 calories

The good news, the weekend is over. No prizes for guessing: weight this morning 159.2!! I am usually ashamed to admit it and do not post until I am good and continue on track. Now I have the courage to post and see it,
I know some of you say that bad food makes your stomach feel bad. I hope I get to that stage sometime soon

pinkflakes
02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
chellez - Congrats on the loss!

Diana3271 - I don't watch them.

Syckgirlsfv- Good going :)

Rasagolla- hi!

Psychic- good luck, keep your chin up :)

mamakat - Hi!

Missy Krissy- Hi!

Diana3271
02-11-2013, 07:21 PM

Alaskanlaughter I was getting worried if you didn't have another heat source. Sounds like it's all under control. ;) I hope you had a great day.

Psychic I hope your week isn't too stressful. Hang in there.

Krissy Hi! I hope your day went well and you had fun with your little one.

Mamakat It's funny how we are all so different. Synthroid worked better for me. I wonder if you are holding onto water since you have been doing all of that shoveling and you are so sore today. I bet that's what is is.

Radiojane I have a running joke with my DH. I always tell him that I married my Mom! He is a collector, too! We literally have the largest shop in our area. He actually only works out of a small area. The whole shop is piled full of his crap. I did threaten him last month. I told him that we are not going on vacation or taking a trip this year unless something gets done with the stuff. I am so tired of looking at it. I am not a stuff person. I like what I do have, but I don't have to have piles and piles of it. My DH's motto is he who dies with the most stuff wins. I told him, he who dies with the most stuff is DEAD! I also told him that he better plan his death because I am going to take all of this stuff to the dump! He tried to explain to me how much all of it is worth. Again, I told him he better plan accordingly because it will be devalued very quickly. :lol: Good job on the .3.

Chellez Good job on the 2.5 pounds! I forgot to mention that week that you have very beautiful eyes. I'm sure everyone tells you that. I hope you feel better soon.

Syckgirlsfv Good job enjoying the Valentine's luncheon in moderation.

Rasagolla Maybe you can have one higher calorie day instead of two. Maybe get an idea of your calories on the weekend, do some math so your calories are less during the week to make up for the weekend.

Pinkflakes Hi :wave:

Radiojane
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Haha Diana your Man and mine must have been separated at birth.

novangel
02-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey everyone, I have zero motivation tonight after getting out of work late and horrible PMS. I know I should go because the gym will be closed Wednesday and Thursday for maintenance and new equipment (:carrot:) but I might be able to get over there tomorrow night before my BF has to go to band practice.

I'm just not feeling it. At all.