100 lb. Club - 2013/Part 1: Getting out of the 220s and 230s.

Pages : [1] 2 3

SmallSteps
01-31-2013, 01:37 PM
I thought we should start a new thread since we are well pass the 500 post mark.

Keep up the good work ladies. I'm still inching along.

Pink Hurricane
01-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Yay for new threads!!! :cheer2: :carrot:

So I completed yesterday's portion of P90X which was Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper. I made a mental note that it's time to up the arm weights from 4lb to 7lb, except on tricep kickbacks because I still struggle with the 4lbs :lol: But I will get there! I do plan to buy 10lb and 15lb dumbbells soon, I hope to be up to that much by the end of this round of P90X! Tonight is Yoga X night, it's the hardest workout for me because it is so slow paced and long but on the other hand, I know it's great for strength training and flexibility, which is my motivating factor!

I only lost 3.4lbs this month, not happy with that because I wanted to be out of the 230s, but this morning I am sitting at 231.6, so we shall see what my official weigh in day for the week brings!

I am so ready for the weekend and for my husband and I to both spend some quality time together, it's been a crazy busy week!

kaelah
01-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Hey ladies, congrats on all the successes you are having this week! We are off to a great start to 2013. I can't wait to see where we all are when we ring in the New Year for 2014.

As for me, I've been hovering around 229 all week. I dropped down to 228.4 on Saturday but have been above it since. I know I'm doing well, and I've stayed under my calorie goal of 1700 all week. I've increased my fruit and veggie intake by quite a bit, too. My workouts haven't been super intense, but they're there and I do push myself. I feel the squats I did yesterday in my body today, and it's like nothing I've felt before. Jello for legs and they are sore, but I gotta say, it feels great. I know I'm going to get there!! All I keep thinking about is the look on my family's face come Vegas, and especially Christmas time!

Keep pushing ladies, and have a great day!

elvislover324
01-31-2013, 01:53 PM
I better get on the first page as I don't plan on staying here much longer!! Get me to the 2-teens already, pleasssssssssssssssssse!!

kaelah
01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Pink Hurricane, you posted whole I was writing a response. Awesome work with those work outs! P90X is something I want to look into more in the future. I have a cousin who just lost about 60 lbs (and is now a stick!) and credits P90X for a lot of it. Good luck on your official weigh in! 3.4 lbs is still something to be proud of! :)

elvislover324
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Elladorine, I just read your post about your TOPS meeting last night. Such an inspiration, it must have been awesome in real life. You changed people's lives last night with your approach and examples, I am sure of it. What a gift you have to do that, I couldn't ever do that and I admire people like you.

And yay to your husband, how great is he to run with you! At 5am even!

Thank you for sharing all of that with us, made me smile while I was reading it. :)

getmydivaback3
01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm Going To Join In On The New Thread,i've Been Back And Forth For The Last Couple Weeks Between 237 And 240ish, But TodayAt 239. Hopefully This Will Help Me Stay Focused. I Look Forward To Talking With All Of YOU.

19Deltawifey
01-31-2013, 02:06 PM
My scale said 220.0! I'm like seriously I would of liked to have seen 219.8 lol. I'm sure I could of seen that number had I gone #2 lol Hopefully I will be out of here soon but I'm on my period and the super bowl in Sunday (GO RAVENS!). I know I'm going to have a couple of drinks and stuff. Well good Luck everyone.

SmallSteps
01-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Elladorine - Karen you are such an inspiration to us all!! That photo is amazing I have an old shirt I wore at my highest weight I am holding on to also. I may have to recreate your photo one day :)

Angihas2
02-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Good morning!!! Into the 226 range this am! I like you ladies, but I'm planning on joining the 2teens by the end of the month. Earlier would be awesome, but a 7 pound loss this month would be fantastic.

Job search - I've been applying like a mad woman.. unfortunately, we have to move out of state, so far Texas and Alaska are in the picture. I graduated high school in Anchorage so it's not that big a deal, except my hubs who was raised in OK and is in fact a summer kind of guy...not sure how he'll deal with the endless nights from Oct-Marchish. He's all for it, since he's an outdoorsy hunting/fishing fool. The kids are like o.O "Deadliest catch ALASKA?!?!?!" If that's where we need to go to get my experience and license, then that's where we go, we can always relocate in a few years. So if anyone works in the SLP business and especially if they're in Texas and willing to help me get my 25 hours of fieldwork for my Texas license, PLEASE let me know!! (I like Alaska, but I have no family up there!!)

Everything else is good, hubs and I are reconnecting since he got laid off, he's a bit depressed and funky over it, but not seriously so. His body has also gotten to recover, 5p-5a, 6-7 days a week is hard on the system, he never got to hang out with the kids, or even really build a relationship with the baby. Now him and the baby are becoming great buds and he took the 7 yr old fishing yesterday after school.

lunarsongbird
02-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Happy February, Ladies!
"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour." - John Boswell

Everyone is doing so exceptionally well! And in winter, no less! I think there is something deep inside of me that says, "Rest. It's winter. The sun has not yet risen. The earth sleeps. It's time to rest." My entire soul seems to awaken in April. So I figure if I can do well in the winter, then Spring should be even more satisfying.

What are you looking forward to this February?
I like Valentine's day, despite DH working every year. My birthday is also on the 22nd and the entire family is taking the day off, so that I should be really fun. Going to a Superbowl party this Sunday. Also taking a tour of the Celestial Seasoning tea factory and starting a new book club.

Tomorrow marks the day halfway between winter and spring. Old irish folklore has mentioned that this was a day that they celebrated spring, and the beginning of lambing season.

What is this season going to be for you? What would you like to focus on this February?

LebenAlles
02-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey Everyone, jumping back in here after losing my holiday gain. Hit 239.4 this morning and am super excited. I still can't believe I've come this far...and even crazier is that I'm still going, full force. It's amazing, really.

Lunar, I really like that quote. In fact, I think I'll still it for my 'postit quote wall' at work. I love winter, and it is, indeed, a time for those things.

bethFromDayton
02-01-2013, 11:32 AM
LebenAlles, do you want to edit your post and update that number--I think you transposed. :( But when it's updated, we'll be :D.

My new digital scale did not depress me this morning. It said 222.8. I was hoping for a 223 number, so I am thrilled with that. I'm heading towards the two-teens!

lunarsongbird, it looks as if you have a great February planned. I'm excited to be starting the 30DS today--there's a group on MFP who is starting it all on 1 Feb (although a few do seem to be off a few days).

We're planning a trip to Chicago next weekend to see my brother (who will be there from San Diego) and my dad (who will be there from Mexico) and various other relatives to celebrate my grandmother's 97th. One of my other brothers might be there as well--he isn't very predictable. The rest of February looks pretty quiet.

19deltawifey--I hope you're heading to the two-teens fast--Angihas and I will be there soon, too. We'll move the party to a new thread!:carrot:

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone!

LebenAlles
02-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the catch Beth, I editted it! Ack, definitely don't want to be back in the 300's again, good lawd no!

elvislover324
02-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the 230s/220s thread, lebenalles!

These other ladies are flying out of here real soon, wow! Great job!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday! I'm patiently waiting for my weigh-in on Monday. Need to lose at least .6lbs to break the 100lb mark. It's irked me all week that 3FC rounds up and already called it 100...:rollpin:

SarahFairhope
02-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Ella - WHAT?!?! That is so crazy inspirational and you look AH MA ZAING. :D

Angi - Crazy, my husband was born and raised in Alaska. He went to East Highschool. The seasons certainly are a bit different but I think youre right, as long as you stayed in Anchorage it wouldnt be such a big deal. Fingers crossed for TX for the support. :)

Official weigh in 217.9/-3.1 week.

I'm out of here, friends! I warming up some seats next door and I expect some company VERY shortly!! ;)

elvislover324
02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Sarahfairhope!!! Awesome weightloss this week, congratulations!!! :congrat: Please make room for all of us in the 2-teens, we are all following you soon! So happy for you!!!

Angihas2
02-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Sarah - first...CONGRATS on moving to the new decade! Keep a spot warm for me, I'll be visiting you there soon!! I graduated from Bartlett in 92...I feel so old :( The position is actually in Fairbanks with the school district. So, plus side, same schedule as the older kiddos, which means no summer daycare expenses. Con, same schedule as the older kiddos. 3 months with all 3 kids day in and day out....with NO BEACH!!! We'll see what happens. A new position was just posted in Galveston (Which is where we REALLY want to go), I applied. Hopefully it pans out.

elvislover324
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Goodluck Angiehas2, crossing my fingers and everything else for you!:dancer:

bethFromDayton
02-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Way to go, Sarah! Enjoy the two-teens!!!

I hope two things: One is that I join you soon, and two, that you're not there long!

HelloNurse
02-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Official weigh in 217.9/-3.1 week.

I'm out of here, friends! I warming up some seats next door and I expect some company VERY shortly!! ;)

Wow, just passed into the 2-teens and you're already a third of the way through them! Congrats, and I hope you clear through them ASAP into Onederland.

238.8 on the scale this morning means I am safely on to the next decade. Hope this one breezes by as quickly as the 240s did.

kaelah
02-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!

I'm still hovering around 229, but I'll take it! I was at 233 last Friday morning, so progress is progress. I've been on plan for a week straight. Gym time has decreased, however, because I pushed myself too hard on Wednesday and haven't been able to work out since. I hope my legs are better tomorrow, or at the very least, by Sunday. I've found that I get a little grumpy when I miss the gym!

Pink Hurricane
02-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Congrats Sarah!!! We cannot wait to join you! :D

This is going to be a super busy weekend, so I compensated for it by doing two of my workouts tonight just in case I am unable to get in tomorrow's workout. So I ended up doing Legs & Back, Ab Ripper, and Kenpo. I am BEAT. Haha so I am really hoping to see a good number on the scale tomorrow morning!

AlmostMe
02-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Ahhh...TOM... but still weighing in at just over 237 (ticker changes Mondays) - I feel really great about that! And it means I have only 9 lbs to lose in about 10.5 weeks to meet my bet with my brother. :) I haven't been checking in with him, so no idea if he's abandoned weight loss.

BUT - I feel horrible and I have a cold and I can't sleep. I'm doing intuitive eating and it feels harder to know if I'm really hungry or not. I feel hungry now, but I'm just not sure if it's real hunger. Ackk!!! I'm trying not to beat myself up about that. If my hunger sensors don't work well now when I'm sick...so what. It's not an excuse to stuff my face, but it is a perfectly valid excuse for getting things a little bit wrong.

And I hate that I feel too crap to exercise. But better to rest and get back at it soon than over-stress myself. Anyway, I may have a rugby training session tomorrow morning - and I'll go to that whether I'm sick or not.

dcapulet
02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Time for me to say goodbye - 217.7 this morning!

See you all in the two teens!

Angihas2
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Whoa!!! This got bumped back to the 2nd page, this group isn't much for weekend chit chat!

Hope everyone enjoyed the game, we didn't watch. We're more college football fans. I did youtube all the commercials afterward though, I love those!!

It was gorgeous here, so we were outside most of the weekend. Spent some time talking about our goals and debt to be paid down etc. All those fun adult talks :P Sometimes, I hate being a grown up!

I'm still aiming for a job in the Houston/Galveston area...frankly, I love Alaska, but I'm not so sure I want to haul my whole family there to relocate. I will if that's the only job offered, but let's hope/pray/dance naked in the moonlight, that something else pops up.

I'm aiming for a walk today, at least a mile, I also may aim for a 1/4 mile jog at a very slow pace. My knee has to be wrapped for that, almost to the point of immobility, but I also know the extra movement will jump start some loss this week.

Car's going into the shop, it's having issues. The dealerships mechanic and I spoke on the phone, I told him everything thats been going on, he's kind of wondering why my car is on the road. I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I had to replace a windshield in October, and when the guy came to my house to do the work, he refused to do it in the driveway after he got the windshield out, the entire frame the glass sets in was absolute rust, he had to rebuild the entire structure. We'd noticed some condensation during rain on the inside of the windshield and apparently, it's been leaking down the windshield into the dash where the computer and electronics are. Now, the seat will occassionally rearrange itself while I'm driving, the interior lights flicker if I use the turn signal, the radio station changes when we use the turn signal, and if I flip on my brights the dash goes dark. Somethings not right in there :S I'm hoping he'll say he can't find the problem OR that it will cost to much to fix, cus I hate this car, I never wanted this car and I want into something else.

Have a great Monday ladies!!! We've lost some people to the 2teens thread, we need to go harrass them, so let's stay on plan!

SeeMyFeet
02-04-2013, 09:23 AM
:tantrum:Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggh hhhhhhh!!!!! :tantrum:
:tantrum: :stress: :( :club: :yikes: :nono: :eek: :rolleyes: :dizzy: :mad: :fr: :barf: :cry: :devil: :dunno: :shrug: :spin: :tantrum:

lunarsongbird
02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Morning, ladies!

I weigh-in this morning for a shot at two free weeks on program. For just walking in the door- I get one week. Pretty nifty. I'm totally do not know what to expect, because my new scale hasn't arrived yet.

I went to a Superbowl party yesterday. Thank goodness I brought quite a bit of food, otherwise there would have just been chips and dip! I made a beautiful veggie tray, organic wings from whole foods (I made a honey siracha dipping sauce and a blue cheese sauce to go with), a homemade spinach-artichoke dip, and chicken sausage bites with different mustards.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/php1bo1B0AM_zpsd6b1aded.jpg

I feel confident that I made pretty good choices and I only had about 6 ounces of a fancy saison beer that I brought. The other girls had these super sweet margaritas and it was fascinating seeing the response on their bodies. Within an hour- all of them were completely and totally exhausted, like- literally ready for bed at 7 PM.

It reminded me that I don't miss sugar in my life.

Garnet2727
02-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Well, I've basically been missing in action for a week. I stayed away from my weight loss sites (here, MFP and WW) and went on a week long I'm'a eat whatever the **** I want, whenever the **** I want it trip while I was travelling for business. I was out of town from the 28th until yesterday mid-afternoon.

I didn't even try to eat well. I had lots of cheesy, fried, bready stuff that I've basically been avoiding for the last year. I. Just. Wanted. A. Break.

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and I've gained 6 pounds. Ugh. I suspect that the gain is actually more than that because I got really drunk last night so I'm dehydrated.

Ugh.

I'm back on plan today.

Natalie42
02-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Hello Everyone!

New to this site and this thread. I am on my second week of my program, I've lost a total of 10 pounds as of this morning. That puts me at 232.

I have been reading all your posts and find it very reinforcing to do the right thing this week. Who knows, maybe there is a 229 in my very near future.

lunarsongbird
02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Bah. I was up a half a pound this morning at the center. At least I get one week free for just going in. ::shrugs::

Welcome, Natalie!! Woohoo! 10 pounds!! WONDERFUL! New decades are always so much fun. What program are you following?

Garnet- Really push the water today and hopefully you will feel better tomorrow!

elvislover324
02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Lunar, your veggies look delicious!! So glad you brought them and didn't have to munch on the junk foods!

Welcome back, Garnet. We all have those weeks and they suck. But it's over and we all get back on track. I hope this week is better for you. :)

Welcome Natalie! This is a fun thread, I hope you participate often. Awesome work losing the 10lbs!!

So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!! 3FC kept rounding up last week saying I was already down 100 but I wasn't, I was at 99.4! As of today, I am down 102.4! What a journey this has been, can't wait for 5.7lbs to get to 2-teen land. I hope it will happen by the end of the month. HAPPY DAY!!

Elladorine
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh goodness, I appreciate the replies! :grouphug:

I honestly never thought I could be the type of person that could get up and speak in front of people. But health, fitness, and weight loss is something I've been feeling increasingly passionate about, and it felt great to connect with people at the meeting, to share the hope with them that we can all reach our goals. We just need to arm ourselves with knowledge and do everything we can to set ourselves up for success. :)

I used to feel horribly and utterly trapped; being overweight by 200+ pounds really takes a toll on one's body! I used to be bitter that I couldn't eat "like everyone else," believing that since I wasn't naturally blessed with a supposedly thin frame I'd be forever miserable. It took a long time to turn that around and give myself the power to heal, to realize that I had to look within. I hope I can help everyone see that they have that power too, if they just make up their minds to try. I still have a long way before I get anywhere near my goal but the difference I feel in even just the last 20 pounds lost is amazing. :carrot:

I did my second (technically third) day of C25K training with my husband this morning. I did not want to get up (it was 5:30, man!) and I still carried that silly, lingering doubt of whether or not I could get through it, but you know what? I did it. :^: And once again, I didn't die. :lol: It was yet another reminder that for me, starting is the hardest part of anything. ;) My husband mentioned that once we "graduate" the program, we should look for a place where we could run with our dogs unleashed, which sounds like a lot of fun. :D

I'm excited, we got new bedroom furniture this weekend, and I finally have a bedroom mirror again; I haven't had a proper dresser and mirror since way back when I still lived with my dad! :o And oh goody, I've got another place to take mirror pics. :lol:

Bleh, I still have a lot of cleaning and reorganizing to do because of the new furniture. My dining room is kind of in shambles right now since we had to clear so much stuff out of the bedroom, which made me grouchy at dinner time last night. :p We're supposed to go look for a new shelf later today and my bedroom vanity will be arriving next weekend (was supposed to this weekend but it didn't arrive with everything else). We haven't been in the new place for quite a year yet but everything is coming along nicely.

I'm slightly anxious to see the scale on Wednesday night, as I'm hoping to at least be back at 221 again. We'll see what happens. :dizzy: Aside from a minor slip-up on Saturday (should have looked up a side before I ate it!) I've stayed on plan very well.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :wave: Let's have a strong week. :strong:

lunarsongbird
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Elvis- WOOHOOOO!!!!
http://www.sadmuffin.net/cherrybam/graphics/comments-congratulations/congratulations013.gif

Elladorine
02-04-2013, 01:19 PM
So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!!
Magnificent number!!! :cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

SarahFairhope
02-04-2013, 01:38 PM
So....officially...I broke the 100 mark this weigh-in!! HAPPY DAY!!

YEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bethFromDayton
02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:Way to go elvislover324! How wonderful to see that drop and all your hard work paying off!

elvislover324
02-04-2013, 01:48 PM
:grouphug: You ladies are so sweet!! I texted my husband when I left my doctors and then raced home to update all of you.

I love the bond that we all have here, encouraging each other and helping each other. I couldn't have done this without all of you. :)

Angihas2
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
elvislover!!! WOooooooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!! Job well done lady!!!

lunar...I think our scales are having a love affair on the side, they're so eerily close. I've bumped back up almost a full pound! I was so stoked at the 15 lb loss last month, I'm back on plan and pushing water! I was looking at some pics of the summer hubs and I met, which was 2010 and was amazed at how different my face and neck and arms looked, especially since I wasn't skinny posing, to emphasize the loss. Just out and about pics, then realized up a pound or not, my collarbones are finally reshowing, I can feel them and I've noticed the hubs is spending more time touching as more becomes apparent. It's a subconcious thing while we're watching tv, but something he hadn't done in a while, so it's nice to know he's noticed, even if he doesn't even realize he's noticed. Goofy male creatures.

Garnet - I think we all battle that mindset sometimes, "I've been busting my butt for weeks/months/years, by ****, I'm taking a mental break from changing my life". Good for you for getting right home and back on the wagon. I think even maintainers take a bit of a break on vacations (I think you were away for work though) with the mindset they'll need to tighten the belts and up the movement when they get home. Don't sweat a week when you've already got so much other healthy things in the plus column.

getmydivaback3
02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
238 This Morning. This Week I'm Going To Work Hard There's So Much Inspiration Around Here. I'm Going To Get At Least 30-45 Min Workout In Daily And Eat On Plan.

Good Luck Ladies. Lets Push Each Other This Week

jenicra
02-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Woohooo Elvislover - 100 pounds!!!! Plus a couple more! So impressive!

Misti in Seattle
02-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi everybody

Crazy crazy crazy, I am still stuck right here... seems hopelessly so! But crazy crazy crazy... my clothes keep getting bigger on me. My size 18 pants.. which I could not wear... are now getting loose on me, but my weight stays the same. But I have kind of learned to deal with it, and eventually the scale HAS to move again!!!

Come ON, scale!!

Have a super week, everyone.

bethFromDayton
02-05-2013, 07:20 AM
My scale is not cooperating--I'm up a little bit.

I know I'm eating to plan. Even with allowing myself an ice cream treat last night (purchased one serving size!) I was under my calorie allotment. I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, so that's good information to know. I savored every bite, but it wasn't as much a "treat" as I thought it would be, even though I'd been thinking about it for a couple of days. I probably won't eat the second single serving I bought--DH or DS can have it.

This is my 5th day of the 30 Day Shred. Worked out before work again--that's a big deal for me. By the end of the week, it'll be a habit.

Have a great day everyone!

Misti in Seattle
02-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Yayyyy I lost a pound finally. It just HAD to happen woohooo

kaelah
02-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Good morning ladies! I finally broke out of 229 and weighed 226.9 this morning. Very happy about that number. I hope everyone has a good weigh in, stays on plan, and enjoys a good sweat today! Let's get out of this thread! :)

SweetTreat80
02-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Hello everyone, hope I'm not too late in joining the party! I'm at 235.8 right now, so stuck midway between that dreaded 240 I don't want to see again and that 220 I just wanna jump on! At the rate I've been losing (very slow and steady) I hope to only be in the mid 220's by March!

Angihas2
02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Down 2 pounds, thank stars!!! I wish I knew why my body does a 2 lb drop then slowly fluctuates a pound up, then drops a pound below the original 2 lb drop. Like the 226 on the 31st, slowly slid back up into the 227 range for a few days, then BAM!! right down to 225. So so strange. But I know I fight for every .02 lb lost in this particular range.

Congrats Misti for getting out of the scale slump! I know you're working hard before surgery consult to make it all happen. Congrats to our other ladies and HI newcomers!!

Today is a good day, grocery shopping!! That means more veggies and fruits, its been getting slim around here. Baby has yet ANOTHER Dr appt, he's couching and its obvious wet, and his little lungs are rattling and sometimes crackling like a bowl of rice krispies, so going to have him tested for RSV and make sure its just allergies. Again. 9 months old and he's already on a daily allergy med, benedryl 4 times a day and on and off antibiotics every month. He's already had tubes, due to so many ear infections. Our pediatrician used to say my daughter had the worst allergies he'd ever seen....he's since revised that. My older kids had never been on antibiotics until we moved here, they were 5 and 3. Now they've not only been on antibiotics, they've had tubes, tonsils and adenoids removed. UGH!! My poor daughter, when her ENT took her's out, he showed them to me, she had the tonsils of a full grown man by size. No wonder she had so many difficulties. Allergy testing shows we're both allergic to 80 different pollens that are ALL right in central Arkansas, apparently the baby got my allergies. We gotta get them outta here. Then to the grocery store!!

Hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday!! A friend is bringing boxes by this afternoon so I can start packing bit by bit. There's alot we don't need out on a day to day basis that can be packed up and ready to go. (Also, I'm hoping seeing boxes being filled will help bring it home to the hubs that yes, we're really moving!)

19Deltawifey
02-05-2013, 10:03 AM
It was nice hanging out with your ladies but I've been weighing in at 218.2 for the past 3 days. Good Luck everyone :)

getmydivaback3
02-05-2013, 10:30 AM
237 today.

I hope I can keep moving in the right direction, the 30's have always been hard for me. Good Luck Ladies....

jenicra
02-06-2013, 03:20 AM
Hi y'all! Keep up the good work. I'm back on plan and dropping water weight like mad. Life is crazy busy right now!

Misti in Seattle
02-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Hello everyone! And :welcome: to the newbies and :congrat: to the new graduates, both incoming and outgoing. :)

I am weighing in at 228.0 this morning but it is early so I am hoping for it to bounce down into the 227 range! I am off work today so going for an early morning swim.

Have a good day, everyone.

purplekitten7
02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Hello, can I join in, if you'll have me? I started out on Jan 1st at 234 and then made it down to 222 before having 2 weeks AWOL with a back injury and lack of will power, and now weigh back in at 228 as of Monday, but been back on plan since then. I think I could really use the motivation and support of some lovelys in a similar situation!

elvislover324
02-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Welcome, purplekitten!! This thread is the best, hope you enjoy! We all don't plan on staying long, the 2-teens is begging us to move on down! :)

Yay Misti, the scale is moving for you!! Every pound matters, we are celebrating with you!! :carrot:

getmydivaback, the 30s took forever to me too! Even when I thought I was going to get into the 20s finally, I stalled a week at 230.6. The body can be so stubborn!! :tantrum:

Hi Jennicra and Angihas2!! :wave::wave:

Bye bye 19deltawifey, we will see you on the way down! Congrats! :congrat:

Welcome sweettreat!! :welcome2:

I had surgery yesterday and am not supposed to exercise for a week, boo! So I have already done a half hour on my treadmill today. :D How can I not exercise?! I was very careful and will take it easy but I just had to do something. I had a lot of fluids pumped into me during anesthesia and my scale is freaking me out. I know I didn't gain that fast but still! Plus I have a lot of stress waiting another week for results so I have to keep busy. Going to the library now to see what good reads I can grab and then off to Panera to read and people watch, I'm looking forward to a nice morning now that yesterday is over.

Sorry if I missed anyone, that's as far as I can scroll up. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

elvislover324
02-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Woohooo Elvislover - 100 pounds!!!! Plus a couple more! So impressive!

Thank you, jenicra!! It is unbelievable to me, I keep thinking I am dreaming!!

Angihas2
02-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Woot!!! Congrats Deltawife!!!! I'll be seeing you on the other thread soon!

Up 1.2 pounds. Sometimes, I wanna ask a fat cell....is there some REASON you go away then inch another buddy back on before losing 2 friends? This too shall pass, it's just how my body works.

Hope everyone has an awesome Wednesday! A friends dropping her 14 mos off to play with the baby while she goes to the Dr, then we're dropping my car off at the shop. Coming back and starting the packing. Fun, fun, fun. <--total sarcasm!!! I've already told the kids, I'm starting in their rooms and anything they haven't played with or worn in at least 6 months is in a yard sale pile.

lunarsongbird
02-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Morning, All! My buggy :p just seems to be getting worse. I can barely swallow this morning, but it doesn't look like strep. I have the kettle on for tea. I'm just trying to take it easy. No gym. Never in a million years would I have thought I would ever be disappointed to not be at the gym.

Allegedly my new scale is out for delivery today (or at least it has arrived in the Springs). I'm super excited! I've been feeling a bit funky without it. I like to know what is going on.

Beth- You're doing great on the Shred! Are you enjoying it? Do you feel stronger?

Misti- Sounds like a shopping spree is on order soon!!

Kaelah- GREAT loss! Fabulous work!

SweetTreat and PurpleKitten- Welcome, Welcome! It's wonderful to see new faces!!

Elvis- You take it easy! Do you have an appointment set for next week to get the results? I'm anxious for you!

Ang- I anticipate you losing lots of weight during the packing process! SOO much work!

purplekitten7
02-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I don't plan on staying here long, the two teens are calling! But it would be nice to have some company on the way down!
I've just restarted 30DS, L1D3 will be after work today - is anyone else doing it?

getmydivaback3
02-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Happy Wednesday Ladies, Scale still at 237, but it's okay I took waist measurements today and I'm down .5 so I'm happy about that.

Question....I have a hard time with bowel movements any suggestions

lunarsongbird
02-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Increase the fiber- http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/top-10-sources-of-fiber.
Up the water.
Increase the movement (walking).
Good Earth Slimming Tea- http://shop.goodearth.com/Good-Earth-Slimming-Tea--Supports-Weight-Loss/p/GET-302933&c=GoodEarth@MedicinalTeas

Misti in Seattle
02-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Hello again everyone.

:woohoo: I did make it to 227! LOL eventually I will get rid of this Christmas train!!

purplekitten, :welcome: Glad you have joined us.

elvislover, thanks for the cheers! And "congrat: on passing the 100 pounds lost mark! WOW good job.

Angihaus, LOL about the pounds bringing their friends back with them. :)

lunarsongbird, hope you are feeling better soon! Take care of yourself! And LOL no more shopping sprees until after the surgery, whenever that is. This summer I bought pants in 3 sizes and am now into the smallest of those, though, so we will see how it goes. I already have a lot of smaller size blouses I bought on sale during the last spree. :)

getmydivaback -- for the BM issue, I've found that the best thing is just plain ole prunes or sipping a small glass of prune juice. Also, Plum Organic makes small "sipper" packets of different fruits and veggies, and they have one that is just prunes. It is baby food and sort of the texture of applesauce but I love them and you can carry them with you anywhere. I love the peach ones too... going to try some more.

jenicra, glad to see you still around here working toward your goal!!

Welcome to newbies I may have missed!

Greeting to all else. Have a super day.

purplekitten7
02-07-2013, 05:36 AM
I had a sneaky peak at the scale this morning and it said 225 :carrot: so fingers crossed for my "official" weigh in on Monday! I'm guessing I've had my whoosh of water weight after my two weeks AWOL, but I'll take it! Completed day 3 of 30 Day Shred last night - still alive and managing to last longer during the jumping jack - I can manage all the other cardio but the jumping jacks kill me every time, managed to make it twice as long before switching to marching in place compared to the day before though so moving in the right direction!

getmydivaback3 - well done on the .5, I took my first measurements on Monday so I'm hoping I'll start to see a small difference in that too!

lunarsongbird
02-07-2013, 09:08 AM
I received my new EatSmart scale in the mail yesterday and I adore it! It's sleek and this cool slate blue. Very cool. I tested it with hand weights last night and was a bit disappointed, because it seemed to be putting up a higher number then I expected....and then I realized my scale was smarter then me. I was using a 9 pound weight...NOT a 6 pound weight that I had originally thought. Hey- that's an easy mistake! LOL! :lol:

I'm going to bring the scale to the center with me on Saturday to see how it compares to the number there. I really liked what it said today. 224.6. SQUEEE! That's closer to the 2teens then not. Woohoo! I hope I can keep it up! I still feel pretty lousy, but at least my ears aren't plugged up this morning, so that must be a good sign!

ETA: Bah...My ears just plugged up again. :: sigh :: Oh well. I will see the gym again next week, it's not like it's going anywhere.

getmydivaback3
02-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks ladies for all the advice will definetely be giving them a try...weigh in this morning at 236.2

elvislover324
02-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Elvis- You take it easy! Do you have an appointment set for next week to get the results? I'm anxious for you!

Hi Lunar! I am trying to take it easy but I am so anxious! The exercise takes the edge off. I only ended up doing the 30 minutes total yesterday, my husband was not happy I didn't relax the whole day. So today, I am not telling him about my exercise unless he asks lol (and he will, I just know it!).

My oncologist said the results will be available in 7-10 days, so I will be emailing her nurse first thing Tuesday morning! I don't wait well at all, I feel so out of control of the situation you know?

And my doctor is going on vacation at the end of the month, so if I need the hysterectomy I want it overwith as soon as possible so I can move on from all of this. And if it's good news, get me preggers already! I do think I will have to wait a month or so to get the hormones out of my system and get back on a monthly cycle, but it all has to be so quick on a tight schedule so the cancer won't have a chance to grow back (scary...). I am trying not to get too far ahead of myself but I can't help it.

Thank you so much for your concern. You are a sweet person, lunarsongbird. :hug:

lunarsongbird
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I like it here. :)
http://scodal.com/a/saved2/image1.jpg

Elvis, I can see why you are still exercising...it's one thing you can control right now in this uncontrollable situation. Just take it easy. :) I write letters to soldiers when I feel really anxious. Give it a go- www.anysoldier.com

Pink Hurricane
02-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Insane week, plain and simple. Work has been crazy the past two weeks and has been wiping me out before I even get off and get to come home to my husband. I have decided I HAVE to start working out in the mornings before work, that way I cannot stand in the way of my fitness because of whatever the day may bring. I am trying to think of anything that will help with the motivation factor by waking up earlier to go ahead and exercise. I know it will be hard, but I no longer have a choice in the matter. I will be pushing myself but I know eventually it will become a habit!

Misti in Seattle
02-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi everyone

Yay, Friday!

Yesterday was interesting... even though I am barely losing weight I could tell I am smaller -- so I tried on my size 14 pants just to see... knew I could not wear them but thought it would be a good way to check later if I am smaller. I was very surprised that I could get them up over my butt and they were within an inch or so of buttoning. Soooooo I put on the 16s -- I wore them once before but they were waaaaay too tight so laid them aside. They are a bit big on me!! Yay! So I wore them to work. And now I know for sure that I am getting smaller! It is definitely all the working out and building muscle! And I feel so incredibly better!

Have a good one, everyone. Off to work for me.

:rain:

lunarsongbird
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I feel like a broken record. I'm still sick. And I feel like I'm just getting progressively worse. :: sigh ::
But good news? My weight has dropped and today I maintained it.
I have to miss touring the celestial seasoning plan tomorrow, because I need to stay in bed. :( I need to get over this. In fact, I am taking a half day to do some napping.

Misti- You are such an inspiration! You will be in 14s before you know it!! It makes me so happy inside! :)

Pink- I too workout in the mornings. I have been loving it. However, I can't do it unless I am taking my multivitamin. Otherwise, I just don't have the energy to get up. It feels like torture. With my vitamin- I pop out of bed and hit the gym. I love that I'm starting to recognize the people who work there. I'm beginning to feel like I belong!

bethFromDayton
02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi all. I'm having a great time on vacation in Chicago. Even eating out yesterday, I stayed pretty much OP. The scale in our hotel room said 221.2 yesterday morning, so I may be out of here soon.

Elvislover, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for good news.

elvislover324
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Thank you bethfromdayton. :) I'm wishing my weekend and then some away so I can get in touch with my doctor's office. I know I am supposed to enjoy every day but sometimes it's hard!!

Chicago!?! I'd be so tempted to eat pizza and that's not on my food plan! Good for you staying pretty much on plan, you will be glad when you get back home and the scale shows how good you were!! That's how I felt last week after the superbowl, I read so many people's regret (more on myfitnesspal than here) for stuffing themselves. And I survived! Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Lunarsongbird, are you feeling any better? *hugs* Being sick stinks. I read about your hubby on the other thread getting you soup. What a cutie pie!!

Congrats Misti for getting the 14 pants up over your butt!! You'll be buttoning them in no time! And I could use your 16s soon I hope lol.

I'm having a good day over here in Elvisloverland. We have a pile of snow and plan to hang at home. But I got up early, exercised, organized my closet (trying on a billion things lol), put on a pair of 18w jeans and my husband said they looked so baggy (!!!!), put on a pair of boots I had in my closet for years (still with the tags) that actually zipped all the way up to my knee (a bit tight but no one can see them, plus my tights are a little thick too), put on blingy earrings and a flashy bracelet, did my hair and makeup, ALL just to stay home and enjoy the day!!! Does anyone else feel better when they get a little fancy? I wasn't in the mood to mope around the house in sweats today (I did that yesterday lol).

Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday! Off to search iheartradio.com for some fun music to blast. Maybe some Cyndi Lauper, "Girls just want to have fun". I assume that would be our theme song if we had one here at 3fc??

lunarsongbird
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Well, I had this box of caramels follow me home from the store yesterday afternoon! Tricky, tricky candy! And you know what really disappoints me? I ate it- despite the fact that I couldn't really taste it. -_- However, considering that was my only big slip up while I was sick (no other comfort eating) and I was still down for the week, I'm not going to beat myself up for it. I'll try to learn from it and move on.

I am feeling a bit better this morning! Finally! My ears popped this morning on my drive in for my official WI, so that was good. I think I'm really down inches. I caught a peek of my "before" picture in the back of my file- and I could tell a difference! That was exciting!

I don't think I'm ready to get back to the gym this weekend, but I think I might try to take a walk between naps. ;)

Elvis- Hooray for feeling pretty! :D

I would also like to contribute the following songs to the 3FC soundtrack:
I'm Every Woman- Chaka Khan- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8xuUdI1an0

I think this might warrant it's own thread....

elvislover324
02-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Lunarsongbird: you didn't eat the candy for YOU, it was for the cold! Is that how the saying goes, feed a cold and starve a fever? Either way, you could probably use the calories even if they weren't the best so who cares. Sometime we just have to do those things (and we all do them).

I love that song!!!! I like the version from Whitney Houston too, her voice is so amazing.

Did you hear the new song about the Thrift Shop? My husband said that's my song. It was so funny, now I love it even though it's not really my style of music. I won't link here as there are some very explicit lyrics but they play a clean one on the radio. One of the parts talks about wearing your granddad's clothes, I don't think I bought any old man sweaters...yet!!

losing4better
02-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi I would love to join in on this thread. I've been slowly taking off the weight. I am not following a plan, just watching what I eat and taking walks.

AlmostMe
02-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Welcome Losing4Better

Good news: my swimsuit bottoms are less snug.
Bad news: I was in danger of losing them during aqua class today. Must find that one piece if I want to do any more aqua classes.

I'm off to my second rugby game tomorrow and I think there's a good chance that I'll actually play - unlike last time. I'm so excited. And also a little scared.

lunarsongbird
02-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Welcome, welcome, losing4better!!
Congratulations on your 24 pounds! WONDERFUL! You'll be in ONEderland in no time!!
http://www.coolwallart.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/a/wall-decal-welcome-wally-black.jpg

AlmostMe- Your post made me giggle. Hope you find a new suit soon! Can't wait to hear about rugby!! I hope you play too!

Angihas2
02-09-2013, 09:22 PM
This weekends been crazy!! Mechanic called Wednesday evening to tell me my car had considerable water damage and since I've never had it in a flood I called the dealership two days in a row. Finally had to call corporate. Spent all day Friday picking a new vehicle. All day today having electronics switched from old vehicle to new at dealers expense. Thankfully its all done now. But what should have been 2 hour appts turned into 6-8 hours. So Friday and today, not enough water or food. To much sodium. Then tonight was family night. My sister in law, and her 4 kids and all of us got together for movies and appetizers. I took half servings of everything and drank 3 huge glasses of water while we were cooking. Didn't finish my plate and feel stuffed. Hopefully the water helps.

Hate to say it, but I'm totally ready for Monday to get here.

hk38
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Newbie here. I'm currently at 233, started at 242 about two weeks ago (low-GI diet). It has been pain though because I'm travelling and won't be able to cook my own food until April. (Horray for a 9lb loss despite eating out EVERY meal)
Any other low-GI dieters with suggestions? Or anyone to share some of their weight loss wisdom

Misti in Seattle
02-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Finally worked up enough courage to post these LOL :rain:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/275451-down-79-pounds-never-thought-id-post-these.html

AlmostMe
02-11-2013, 02:53 AM
I did it. I did it. I played in my first game of rugby. In terrible, terrible conditions (freezing rain). I was only on the pitch for 15 mins, but I had to step straight into a scrum (I'm in the front row).

I had to stand on a chair and slam a pint afterwards as a newbie. I had to play stupid drinking games. I got wicked drunk and danced with my teammates.

I am 42. I really should know better.

Everything hurts today.

bethFromDayton
02-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Good morning all!

Even after a weekend of no exercise and eating out every meal (including Chicago pizza), I'm down--to 221.6. I recorded all my food in MFP and stayed close to my weight loss calorie goal, even with the pizza and a piece of grandma's birthday cake.

I'll be back to walking today.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning--and will hate being weighed on their scale, fully dressed.

|Have a great morning everyone.

fitwayoflife
02-11-2013, 08:10 AM
I lost 2.8 pounds this week, so I officially join this thread. I'm 239.6.

Pink Hurricane
02-11-2013, 09:14 AM
You look stunning Misti!!!! Fantastic job and keep it up, you inspire me!!!

This weekend was pretty good and relaxing, my husband and I both needed it. I found out I have been underestimating my calorie intake, I am going to eventually invest in a food scale, but between that and too much sodium, I now know why I have been holding steady in the 230s for so long! So time to change that and make things happen. As far as morning exercise goes, I really have to push myself out of bed, but I took Lunar's advice and started taking my multivitamin before I get busy and it's certainly helping! Maybe it's just the placebo effect, but whatever works! :lol:

Angihas2
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Well. The scale has been all over the place, but settled back into 227 for my official WI....not happy about it, since it hasn't moved DOWN, but it also hasn't moved UP and stayed there. I know, know, KNOW I have to be extra vigilant for this decade, unfortunately, the rest of my life doesn't go, "Whoa, let's hold off on these issues we're about to toss her, until she's under 220"...ppffttt. Would be nice, wouldn't it?

Back to eagle eyeing EVERYTHING and I think also, back to fitday, I find it's calorie counts to be entirely more accurate, although I'll miss the ease of scanning a barcode like LoseIt does. I just know fitday, just seems to work better for me! And it allows me to do it the day before so all I have to do is look at the meal and grab. LoseIt, won't let me do it in advance until the day of.

Have a great week ladies (and gents if you're lurking).

bethFromDayton
02-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm having a jeans issue--some of my 20s are a bit too big, and some are a lot too big. The 18s don't fit, and I don't seem to have any "smaller 20s" (and what does this say about women's clothes that all of you know what I mean by "smaller 20s"?)

I think that when I got up to my current weight, I wore my smaller 20s out (thighs). So, I'm going to wash all my jeans tonight and then put darts in the waists so I can wear them (including a new pair of jeans and a new pair of pants that I never hemmed and am now smaller than).

I'm amazed that some of you in this decade are in 18s and 16s--but then, I'm short, so I guess it's fair :-) (and even if it's not, that's the way it is!)

Oh, and good news at the doctor--their scale was only 2 lbs over mine at home, which means my at-home scale is probably accurate (clothes). Also, my fasting blood glucose was 107. It has been as high as 300 (bad!) so this is really good news. He ran a bunch of blood tests so I'll know about everything else later this week.

I'm hoping to be out of here soon. (BTW, would you move down the first time you hit 219, or wait until it's "stable"?)

purplekitten7
02-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Misti - Wow! What a transformation, you look fantastic! Such an inspiration!

Welcome hk38 and fitwayoflife

Angihas2 - what a good attitude! I need to get into the frame of mind that anything that isn't a +lbs is a win, I get too easily frustrated at myself - I strive for perfection and seem to think that means I should be dropping 7lbs a week or something equally ambitious :( but anything that isn't going up IS still in the right direction

bethFromDayton - - Well done you needing to hem in your 20s! I know exactly what you mean, I'm in between sizes at the moment, depending on which store I go to! Very frustrating! My work clothes were getting a bit baggy so I went down a size, and they stop me breathing! So they are my motivation for the next couple of weeks! (hopefully sooner). Also, I think I'm gonna loiter here until I've hit 219 or less 2 weeks in a row! That way I won't feel like I'm returning with my head hung in shame!

elvislover324
02-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone,

It's a happy Monday! Down 3.8lbs this week so I should *fingers crossed* be a two-teener next week, God willing. New weight this morning was 221.8 at my doctors office. I was almost dancing I was so happy. I lost all of the water weight from my surgery and then some. So so happy! Need to lose .6lbs to meet my Valentine's challenge on Thursday so I am hoping I can accomplish that too.

Misti----you look amazing, thanks so much for sharing that thread with us. I will comment there too. :)

BethfromDayton---have you tried 18W instead of just regular 18s? I can't do regular 18s yet but the Ws fit and are getting baggy. It does totally depend on the brand though because my 20W Levis are tighter than my Fashion Bug ones. You'll get there, don't worry!! And for the record, when my scale says 219.9, I am OUTTA here lol. This stop feels like forever for me, I hope the 2-teens might move a little faster.

Hope you are all having a fabulous day! Welcome to the newbies!

bethFromDayton
02-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Hey everyone!

219.6 this morning. Yes, 219.6. I got on the scale twice so I could see it again! I'm afraid to believe it the first time I see it, so I'll give it a few days and meanwhile, hang out in both forums!

lunarsongbird
02-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Elvis- Any news yet?! I've been thinking about you!! (Also- I'm stoked for your weight loss this week, but any news?!)

Misti- AMAZING pictures! Not only have you shed inches- it literally looks like you were rewinding time. You are looking so wonderfully young!!

AlmostMe- I'm so glad you played your first rugby game! What a fabulous accomplishment! And I'm glad you got down with your wild self! You're living!

FitwayofLife- Welcome! Fabulous group here!

Pink Hurricane- I'm so glad you are liking your multi-vitamin! I recommend New Chapter! I hope getting up early to go to the gym becomes effortless! Do you get to see the sunrise when you are there? I always like that.

Ang- I've lost a bit, but I still think it's funny how so far our patterns seem to mimic eachother. I'm toying with the same pound this week. Catch up with me by Friday? I'm at 224.6 now.

beth- How did the washing of the jeans work? A bit tighter yet? And HOOORRRAAYYYYYY for new decade!! AWESOME!!

LebenAlles
02-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Woo, back in the game...lost what I gained (again) and today I came in at 238.4...lowest I've been since 2008. Time for a new mini ticker!

lunarsongbird
02-12-2013, 09:16 AM
As for me, I'm in a bit of a holding pattern at work and I felt like I lost focus yesterday. I'm losing and gaining the same pound. I feel like a buoy bobbing in the water. Better then sinking, I suppose!

I have a rather large career fair that I am heading on Wednesday. I have about 36 employers coming and hundreds of students and community members. I'm in charge of doing everything... :: shrugs :: I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

And then DH and I had a yucky tearful (me) conversation about my finances, my parents, our community, my ability to do housework, my crohn's...ugh. The whole thing was yucky and ugly. We are combining finances in March so that I can enjoy my birthday on the 22nd without the remorse and guilt of that transition over my head. I have debt...he has none. And we view finances very different.

I can see how life can all of a sudden drag you back out to sea easily. I feel like if I have one weak moment and stop at McDonalds that it will set me on an insulin roller coaster of cravings- and if you don't forcefully and consciously get off that ride- you'll float farther away from shore.

But regardless- I didn't have a weak moment yesterday and I'm not planning on having one today, especially since I checked in. I thought about you ladies yesterday even though I didn't check in. :) As I've said before- I like it here. I hope you do too. :hug:

elvislover324
02-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

Here real quick to post my update in a couple places then I will be back later.

I got my results from the nurse last night, a day early...

:carrot::carrot::carrot:NO CANCER FOUND!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

You have no idea how blessed I feel. The first 2 biopsies were cancer in July and November, this one was my last chance and it came back clear!!!

I am not cured, I am not out of the clear. I am just safe enough to try and get pregnant real quick before I will in fact have to have a hysterectomy.

I see the fertility specialist in about a month or so (after the meds get out of my system and I get back on some kind of lady schedule) and we go from there.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes. I have no doubt that losing my weight since the diagnosis and exercising my butt off literally helped me in this journey. I couldn't have done it without all of your help and motivating threads.

I will be back this afternoon for personals. *HUGS!!!*

bethFromDayton
02-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Oh elvislover324, I am so happy for you and your family!

I hope we hear a pregnancy announcement soon!

purplekitten7
02-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Bah, my "3 biscuits" yesterday turned into about 6...but I did manage to stop there. Still disappointed in myself though as it sent me over my calories :( But we live and learn, time to jump back onto it...now I know I can't have a pack of biscuits near me! I'm still keeping on track with exercise although I've managed to avoid 30DS for five days :o I will regret that later when I try it again!

Also I've lost an inch off my waist! Yay! It's a little bit silly but part of me thinks I can see the difference and I've got a little boost in my step. I'm so daft. Hope everyone is having a good day!

purplekitten7
02-12-2013, 09:37 AM
So pleased for you elvislover that's great news!

lunarsongbird
02-12-2013, 09:42 AM
ELVIS- YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!
You have made my day! I'M SO FLIPPING HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7xziMO3NzpM/UIDadq7uiXI/AAAAAAAAC6M/jwXQehn0jy0/s1600/happy-recharge-grey-kitten.jpg

Pink Hurricane
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Elvislover~ YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY for being cancer free!!!! :woohoo: :cb: Here's to having a healthy pregnancy when it happens!!!

Beth~ That is fantatic and congrats on making it out of the 220s! Those 18s should start fitting really well soon! :carrot:

Lunar~ The sunrise is my favorite part of morning exercise! Even if I had crappy sleep, that sunrise does wonders for my mental state, it's quite amazing! Also I am glad you and your DH were able to figure out the finances, that's never an easy thing to do especially when both of you handle finances differently. My husband and I have been trying to come up with a good budget and gameplan with finances and paying off debt, never easy but it certainly helps as we are a team and can do it, just like you guys can!

Leben~ Yay for being back at 238!! Keep at it, stay consistent and the rest will fall into place, glad to see you again here!

Today is busy, and going to continue to be so. I already did my Plyometrics for today, tomorrow is Shoulders and Arms, I am finishing off week 2 of Phase 1 with P90X and then moving on to week 3. It's kind of weird because I should be saying I am done with week 3, but I don't want to miss out on the extra effort seeing as how my ankle put me back a bit. I made some wonton mini tacos last night, they were amazing and my hubby declared it to be a keeper :D They were healthy too!

Tziri
02-12-2013, 11:46 AM
Hello everyone! Even though I usually wait for an official weigh-in, my scale has been around 236-237 every morning, so I thought I would join you all!

Congrats on your news elvislover!!!! That's truly amazing!

lunarsongbird
02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Yay Tziri!! Welcome!! It seems like you are flying through the decades! YAHOO!!

purplekitten- I totally think you can feel an inch! Continue to rock your new and changing bod!

I forgot that if I lose .5 on Friday that I can get 2 weeks free on program. Hm...motivation. I also have an official WI today. I may or may not be drinking quite a bit of water before WI. I'm a smidge broke (a la terrible finance talk with DH last night). I need those two weeks! LOL

PreciousMissy
02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi all! Reading through the posts I'm seeing how wonderfully supportive this thread is. (and congratulations elivislover!)

I started making small changes a few weeks ago with the goal that I would stop gaining weight (I was packing it on pretty fast) and this morning I weighed myself and had lost two pounds. I knew it was time to rejoin the boards!

Good luck to everyone!

Elladorine
02-12-2013, 06:15 PM
I've only got a pound and half before I'm in uncharted territory. I'm excited. :hyper: I'm scared. :eek: I'm giving this all I've got. :dizzy: And I'm hoping my weekly weigh-in is kind to me tomorrow, despite TOM hitting me full force. :tantrum:

But I hit a huge NSV just a few minutes ago . . . did my outdoor 1/4 mile jog in broad daylight. :o Have I lost my marbles or am I finally gaining a little confidence? :lol: Hubby and I have put further C25K on hold until next week, so I'm still doing my best to get some exercise in. :running:

Been doing great food-wise and as always, I've been faithfully logging in my day planner. I'm taking this healthier approach one day at a time, one meal at a time, and I'm hoping it'll get me into the two-teens for the first time since 8th grade. :^:

Tziri
02-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Major congrats Ella!!! You're such a great inspiration! Hope your weigh-in goes well.

SarahFairhope
02-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Elvis - A W E S O M E !!!!! So so happy to hear your amazing news. YAY!

charliee
02-12-2013, 09:05 PM
This isn't my thread yet, but I wanted to pop in to say WHOO HOO to elvislover324! I'm so happy for you. Here's hoping you get pregnant really quick! :)

Also Charlie is a great name for a girl or boy - just saying :D

AlmostMe
02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
So, so pleased for you ElvisLover and best of luck with your future plans!!

LebenAlles
02-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Elvislover - I gotta jump in with my congrats too!! That is AMAZING! So happy for you!

And Ella, you are rocking it so hard! It's absolutely amazing to watch your journey...definitely an inspiration.

I think it's about to be TOM because yesterday I was STARVING. I tried to make decent choices like nuts and a little dried fruit but chocolate and a few goldfish snuck in there. I'm up .4 this morning but I'm not worried. I just hope TOM doesnt create chaos in my flow. That and Valentine's Day dinner. I have good choices planned their too but restaurant food always seems to bloat me up. We'll see!

lunarsongbird
02-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Morning, Ladies!! I think I got visited from the whoosh fairy last night! AH-MAZING! I hope it's real and I hope it sticks! If I weigh in and lose .5 pounds on Friday at 12:20 PM...I get two free weeks on program! YAY!

I'm also having to get a new consultant on Saturdays. I'm going to start meeting with the center manager, Brent. He seems really nice- so we'll see how that goes. Then I might feel an even extra motivation to lose, because if I lose on Tuesdays (which I hardly ever go)- Brent gets credit for that loss and when I lose on Saturdays, Sophia gets credit. I am very motivated to make my consultants proud and help with their paychecks. I think they deserve it. :: shrugs ::

Today is the career fair. I have 39 employers coming and a lot of prep to do today. I'm feeling a bit tired and I want to make some good choices today with food. I'm going to do a meal replacement at lunch and try to be really mindful of how much I eat for dinner. I'm getting the career fair catered by someone delicious! ;)

Valentine's Day- Andrew is working. So that's not a problem. There is a potluck at work and I am bringing dark chocolate dipped strawberries, but I don't think it should be a problem.

I'm excited to get back to the gym soon. I hope all you ladies are doing well today!!

elvislover324
02-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Thank you all so so so much!!! :hug:

I made my appointment with the fertility specialist and it's not until the end of next month as I have to get the meds out of my system. So I will be working my butt off here with you ladies to get as much weight off before then as possible!!
:woops::ebike::wl::exercise::running:

I confirmed with my oncologist it's ok to wait that long and she said it was. Since I stopped my meds on Monday, the cancer will start growing back right away. The only problem is that everyone is different and there is no way to know how fast or slow it happens. Please keep praying for me. It's a risk that I am even trying this but I have faith in God that he will protect me and guide me where I am supposed to go. I hope it's the path to mommyhood!:flow1:

Lunarsongbird---I hope you get your free weeks! That's an awesome incentive they give you!

Welcome Precious Missy & Tziri, this thread is awesome and these ladies are THE best!

Lol @ Charlie for a girl's name or a boy's name. Who knows, the fertility meds could give me one of each. Then I'd be able to have 2 Charlies!

Purplekitten, every inch matters!! I need like an inch or an inch & 1/2 to finally zip this winter jacket I have. Mentally I planned for Valentine's Day but I don't think it's going to happen. (2 miracles in one week?! That would be greedy to wish for! And I got the better one first so I am good! The jacket will fit sooner or later!)

Elladorine, I am heading to the teens too, hopefully by Monday! Haven't been there in a decade, it's going to be awesome. But I don't want to leave this thread without everyone, I love it here!!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:Waves to BethfromOhio, AlmostMe, LebenAlles, SarahFairhope, & Pink Hurricane!!

I hope I got everyone, once I went into advanced I couldn't scroll anymore!

Hope you all have a great day! I am going to dance around a bit more as I am just so happy and blessed. Nervous as heck but so so happy!!!:sunny:

lunarsongbird
02-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Elvis- How much time are they giving you with the fertility doctor before having to move on? Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

purplekitten7
02-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Lunarbird - I'm sure that .5lbs will be history by Friday, you rock!

Elvislover - I am sending you good wishes and positive vibes all the time - hope you can feel them! We'll all have to work extra hard to keep up with your awesome weightloss so we can join you when you zoom into the two-teens! What amazing motivation!

I'm sure I always miss people in this thread, if I do then it's unintentional I promise! (but I know I feel a bit sad when I get forgotten!)

I did 30DS last night and it didn't kill me, I'm still on level 1 and had a very naughty 5 days break but for the first time I managed to do every single set of jumping jacks (and everything else but the jumping jacks is the most impressive!) and I feel so so proud of myself! Yay me!

lunarsongbird
02-13-2013, 10:45 AM
(but I know I feel a bit sad when I get forgotten!)

Right? It's one of the reasons I've decided to stay out of the 20's general chat thread. I tried to join the conversation and it just didn't work. :: shrugs :: So I'll just join their challenges and kick butt! I joined their bikini challenge and I'm in the top 20 now. Muwhaha. Lunarsongbrid is a force to be reckoned with!

elvislover324
02-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Lunarsongbird, my understanding was 6 months but I am not sure about that. That seems like such a long time to me but maybe because I have been going through all of this for more than that already! I kept trying to not get my hopes up in case I didn't get good results this time. This was my 3rd test and if it was bad, it was too dangerous to wait any longer. I will confirm with the doctor next month.

Purplekitten, of course I can feel the good wishes and positive vibes, thank you!! I feel so loved and blessed, I can't even describe it. I believe in the power of prayer and also believe the power of a positive attitude. I vowed the day of my diagnosis that cancer will never win. But the baby part and conceiving said baby, I know I need Divine Intervention for that. I look for signs all the time that God is showing me how much he loves me. I got a personal one this week and it gave me chills when it happened. And I just look at the heavens and say "God, I knew that was you! Thank you!".

purplekitten7
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
lunarsongbird - you are indeed a force to be reckoned with! I haven't been brave enough to join any challenges yet, too much all at once and I might go bang! haha. I'm notorious for putting too much pressure of myself so this time, I'm taking things a bit slower! All the previous attempts obviously didn't work so it's time to try something different!

elvislover - you are very welcome, quite frankly I think you're amazing! All of you girls are, you keep me going everyday.

My own personal challenge is to be into the two teens by my birthday which is on the 26th of this month (although I'm hoping to be there much sooner if possible!) so wish me luck! :)

Tziri
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Morning everyone! Hope you gals have a fabulous Wednesday!
I'm ready for this day to be over so I can go home and then get out of town and go shopping tomorrow ! No clue what my weight right now is either but I'm starting to not really care from day to day (finally).

April Snow
02-13-2013, 12:38 PM
ELVISLOVER!!!!!! Woohooo on the wonderful, wonderful news!!!

I don't normally read this thread but decided to try to start catching up on it as I hope to be here soon, and saw your fantastic news right at the top of the page.

I am so very thrilled and happy for you and praying that the next big announcement you get to share will be your pregnancy. :hug:

Pink Hurricane
02-13-2013, 01:43 PM
PreciousMissy~ Welcome to the thread and congrats on your 2lb loss! Making those small changes along the way make a big difference!

Ella~ You are truly such an inspiration to me! That is great about your NSV! You are getting super close to being in the twoteens, you can do it!! :carrot: That is really cool that your husband is on the ride with you for C25K!

Leben~ TOM always makes me super hungry and craving chocolate and salt haha! And where are you going for dinner tomorrow night? ;) My DH and I will be having our date Saturday night since he is currently work night shift. I am going to research the menu before we go to try to make sure I eat healthy and can still enjoy our date!

Lunar~ Yay for the whoosh fairy!!! Hope the career fair goes well for you today! My husband is working to so we are having a date night Saturday night, so tomorrow should be good for me plan wise too haha. Are you doing the Metabolic Research plan?

Elvislover~ I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that you will be able to have a healthy pregnancy and keep the cancer at bay! We will keep you motivated to keep exercising and kicking butt!

PurpleKitten~ I love 30DS and it's great, I am going to do it after I finish this round of P90X. 30DS is tough but feels so great when you complete the workout!

Tziri~ Ooohh shopping! That's always fun! Plus it's great that you are starting to not care about your weight day to day. I need to do the same!

I am definitely holding onto excess water, I can feel it in my fingers particularly. I know it will come back off, it's just frustrating but I cannot let it get to me. I am sticking strong to my nutrition and exercise, working out in the morning is making a difference for me. My goal is to exercise hard for 5 days, then rest for two days or rest for one and light exercise for one. This is very doable and I know it is something I can stick with!

hk38
02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
*Just stalking this thread until I start posting myself. But first, can I say CONGRATULATIONS to Elvislover??? That is amazing and truly inspiring.

purplekitten7
02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Tziri - wooh shopping!

Pink Hurricane - I absolutely love 30DS, just completed my second day back at it and feel fab still! I managed to complete all the jumping jacks again - gosh it's almost like I'm getting the hang of this?! I have no idea what P90X is but it sounds fun :p

hk38 - Welcome! Jump on in and start posting! We're all lovely here (even if I do say so myself!

PreciousMissy
02-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Good afternoon all! I'm not very good at personally responding to everyone in my posts, but please know that I enjoy reading every one! Thanks all for the warm welcomes!

I weighed myself again and the -2 stuck over night, and that was even after a high sodium dinner! I feel like I am well on my way.

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon!

purplekitten7
02-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Morning ladies, hope everyone is having a better day that me!

Valentines day is off to a rubbish start for me, argued with my fella last night, argued with him this morning, feeling like poo and just want to dive into a giant bar of chocolate!

The one and only thing stopping me right now is that I seem to be improving my fitness and the weight is staying off, some of my clothes are even feeling a little loose. So I'm not gonna let a stupid boy ruin this for me, I deserve it.

I hope my day improves though :(

Misti in Seattle
02-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Hello everyone and welcome to the newbies.

Thank you for the kind comments on my photos. I can't believe I am still stuck right here on the scale. I have been cutting back to eating mostly just veggies and working out like crazy but it is still not moving. BUT I was talking to my chiro yesterday and she made me see that this is the wrong approach, as the things I have been cutting out are where I am getting a lot of my protein, even though I still eat eggs, a few nuts, tuna, etc. So I went to my favorite Thai restaurant and got sweet and sour chicken with extra chicken, and Tom Kha soup, yum. I ate just a reasonable size portion of it. My surgeon did say there would come a time when I would just stop losing and that would mean time for the surgery... and I honestly am pretty skinny except for my massive front... so maybe this is it!! I am just going to plug along doing what I am doing until I see him in March.

Sorry I have not been around much and am not able to do personals right now. Working a lot of overtime. Wishing everyone the best!!

lunarsongbird
02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
purplekitten- Boo! I hate when days I want to be special are not so special. -_- Why don't you have a nice cup of tea and take a bath today? I give you a rose bush. They last longer then cut flowers:
http://www.everydayminimalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rose-bush-plants-flowers-2.jpg

Misti- Glad to hear that you are getting protein back in! Wouldn't want to miss out on all those lovely amino acids! When you had dinner- did it feel like your body was craving something it was missing?

My DH has really outdone himself for our first valentine's day as a married couple. He got me a stunning orchid, card, and newman's owns organic peanut butter cups! And then I went out to go get some detox tea out of my car and there was a plush cheesy valentine's day tiger with a rose in it's mouth and a heart shaped poem by Emily Dickinson taped on the steering wheel! SQUEEE!

Also- I have something totally exciting (for me) and TMI to share, so I'll bury it here in this supportive thread. My body told me it was ovulating today!!! HOORRAAY! It's only done this like...4 times before. VERY exciting! Looks like my body likes being healthy!!

I'm excited for my weigh-in tomorrow. I was up a fraction of a pound this morning, but had a pretty salty dinner. I also took some aleve last night because my body was sore from the career fair. Apparently aleve can cause some water retention, as well. So I'm going to try really hard to flush it out. Pink Hurricane, I am indeed going to the Metabolic Research Center. Do you know much about it? I love the accountability more then anything!

VickieLou
02-14-2013, 09:56 AM
I weigh 230.8 today. I'm sick of going in and out of the 230's. Time to get back on plan and get some weight loss in before summer. Good Luck, Everyone!

lunarsongbird
02-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Vickie- We're an aggressive bunch. We'll hang on to you so you don't slip back out of the 230s. ;)

purplekitten7
02-14-2013, 10:29 AM
lunarsongbird - thank you so much, that really brightened up my day!

VickieLou - Lunar is right, we'll keep you here! The only slipping you'll be doing is down into the two teens with us!

I've had a kit kat chunky sitting in my desk all day, I bought it this morning and told myself it could be my one treat for the day since I wouldn't be having a slightly naughtier dinner, and I am happy and surprised to say that it is still there and intact (I realise you guys are mostly in different time zones so it's half past three here in the UK - I've been in work since 9), I still might eat it later which is totally worked into my calories etc, but I know it's there and have no great uncomfortable urge to stuff my face with it. Doubley impressive since it's a coconut one and I have a coconut obsession at the moment! Unfortunately that is probably the highlight of my valentines day!

purplekitten7
02-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Also, HOORAY Lunar for your body showing it's getting healthy!

Pink Hurricane
02-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Lunar I do not know much about MRC, so I would love to know more about it. Also that is so sweet what your hubby did for you today! That made me go 'awwwwwww' out loud :lol: And yaaaaaay for ovulating!!!! That's always a good response from your body, and a great NSV too for good health!

My body has lost it's mind. I stepped on the scale this morning to find I have jumped up to 238. My mouth dropped, and I am just trying to make sense of the situation. I have gained 6lbs in the past week, I know my problem for the past month was underestimating my calories as well as having too much sodium, but now I am starting to get concerned since I have been measuring my calories correctly the past few days and creating a deficit through exercise as well. Maybe it's going to take a while for my body to readjust, but I do know that if I don't see the scale start moving by the end of next week, it might be time to take a different course of action.

Other than that it's been a great day so far! It's our 5 month wedding anniversary today too! My husband said he has a surprise for me, that I cannot get until tomorrow. So I was like :s: gimme a hint, and he refused. :lol: I cannot wait to see it! I got him a hat he has been wanting for a long time but it's not going to come in today, it will be here next week and he figured out what is was, so he's super excited :D. Hope everyone is having a great day!

hk38
02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Lunar: I'm sorry your day started out with fights! I hope it for better.

Pink: happy 5 months!!

Honestly I forgot it was Valentines day until I went to dinner and our waitress referred to us as a couple. Woops. Missing my boy today :( my brother and I have been travelling since mid December so I haven't seen him in ages. Hopefully when I see him again in May, I will be looking extra fine!
Happy Valentine's day!

elvislover324
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Elvislover~ I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that you will be able to have a healthy pregnancy and keep the cancer at bay! We will keep you motivated to keep exercising and kicking butt!

Thank you so so much, pink hurricane! I can't thank you all enough!

*Just stalking this thread until I start posting myself. But first, can I say CONGRATULATIONS to Elvislover??? That is amazing and truly inspiring.

Thank you, hk38! I couldn't have accomplished all I have without the amazing support groups I have found here.

My DH has really outdone himself for our first valentine's day as a married couple. He got me a stunning orchid, card, and newman's owns organic peanut butter cups! And then I went out to go get some detox tea out of my car and there was a plush cheesy valentine's day tiger with a rose in it's mouth and a heart shaped poem by Emily Dickinson taped on the steering wheel! SQUEEE!

Also- I have something totally exciting (for me) and TMI to share, so I'll bury it here in this supportive thread. My body told me it was ovulating today!!! HOORRAAY! It's only done this like...4 times before. VERY exciting! Looks like my body likes being healthy!!

You are such a sweety, lunarsongbird! You deserve everything your husband gives you and more! And what a cutie he is! Happy 1st Married Valentine's Day!! And congrats on the ovulating! I can't wait til I do again. I think the last time I did was June but who knows, our bodies are like science projects! And just know, an ovulating Valentine's Day can bring the stork by Thanksgiving!! ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi to everyone else!! Hope you are all having a great day! I was so busy today, posted a couple of times from my tablet but it's a pain to do more than a few words and I can't multiquote/color/add smilies.

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you all have love in your life, no matter where it comes from. There is no greater feeling than knowing someone loves you. :hug:

Tziri
02-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Well, had my official weigh-in today and I am halfway through my diet goal. I feel like the finish line is finally in sight! For overall weight loss, I am only 10 lbs away from having lost 100 pounds since Jan. 2012 (how crazy). Never thought I would be here, but I'm sure glad I started last year!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Grats to everyone's losses and NSVs!

Elladorine
02-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Goodness, I meant to post here Wednesday night. I haven't quite made it out of the 220's yet . . . I weighed in at 220.25. :dizzy: So, so close! :lol: TOM will be over next week so I'm just going to keep going and hope that I'll have enough of a loss by Wednesday to do some extra celebrating. :^:

Tziri
02-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Congrats on being so close to the 210s ella!!

lunarsongbird
02-17-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm feeling a bit out of control today. I'm not really- I went to the gym this morning and have only had cottage cheese and raspberries so far today, but DH (would you mind if I called him Andrew?), are going to the Cripple Creek Ice Festival and I feel like going a bit crazy. ::shrugs:: I don't know what my deal is. Maybe it's because I had a little sugar yesterday? Or it's my "birthday week?"

I'll be thinking of you ladies and trying to make some good choices!

fitwayoflife
02-18-2013, 08:13 AM
I lost 2.2 pounds this week, so I'm at 237.4. I hope to be out of the 230's by mid March.

Pink Hurricane
02-18-2013, 10:08 AM
So it is official, I did put on an extra 6 lbs this week, seemingly out of nowhere since I was OP but I am guessing when I was underestimating my calories for the past month, and finally getting it right for the past week, that extra weight caught up to me. I don't know, but I feel like as long as I stay consistent it will finally start dropping back off. Regretfully I updated my ticker :lol: but I am not too upset by it, honestly it just motivates me even more!

My husband got me a beautiful necklace for our 5 month anniversary/Vday and I love it!! I was so excited haha, still am. He and I talked about joining up at a gym near our house pretty soon, I want to start doing a lot more strength training and he said he can show me a lot of the stuff he knows. Plus we could take classes together and I just think it would be a lot of fun and give us more to bond over, while getting healthier! :D

How was everyone's weekend?

purplekitten7
02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Hello Everyone!

I had a much better weekend, we made up (eventually) and aren't perfect but we're working on it and that's what counts. I went a little off plan over the weekend - got woken up with pancakes in bed on Sunday! But weighed in this morning and down 3lbs to 222 so I'm inching ever closer to the two teens! I love you all but I hope I'll be gone next week! :) Hope everyone is ok

Tziri
02-18-2013, 12:05 PM
So it is official, I did put on an extra 6 lbs this week, seemingly out of nowhere since I was OP but I am guessing when I was underestimating my calories for the past month, and finally getting it right for the past week, that extra weight caught up to me. I don't know, but I feel like as long as I stay consistent it will finally start dropping back off. Regretfully I updated my ticker :lol: but I am not too upset by it, honestly it just motivates me even more!

My husband got me a beautiful necklace for our 5 month anniversary/Vday and I love it!! I was so excited haha, still am. He and I talked about joining up at a gym near our house pretty soon, I want to start doing a lot more strength training and he said he can show me a lot of the stuff he knows. Plus we could take classes together and I just think it would be a lot of fun and give us more to bond over, while getting healthier! :D

How was everyone's weekend?

Like x2

Love your attitude!!!

Tziri
02-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Grats fit and purple (hope you get to leave this board soon too!!!) !

lunarsongbird
02-18-2013, 12:25 PM
This thread has been surprisingly quiet lately. Hrm.
I didn't go as crazy as I could have this weekend. LOL. I did have half a burger and onion rings yesterday after the Ice Festival, but DH and I also didn't have lunch. All the places at the Ice Festival had run out of food by the time we got there. I'm up a little bit today. This week I'm just trying to stay present- and then after my birthday I'm going on a 21 day sugar cleanse. :)

elvislover324
02-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Hey!! Just checking in quick, just got home from the doctor's office. I'm an official 2-teener weighing in at 218.2 this morning!! I partied (diet style exercise, that is) my butt off this week, I guess the exercise paid off!

I'm still going to haunt this thread though, I love you guys. I couldn't have made it this far without you all.

I'll be back in a bit, got a few things to do. Hope you are all having a nice Monday!

purplekitten7
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Congrats Elvislover!!! Hopefully we'll all be joining you very very soon!

lunarsongbird
02-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Wooohooo! That's great!! I'm going to miss everyone. After my birthday I need to really crank things into high gear to make it to the next thread!!

elvislover324
02-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks everyone! I still can't believe it. I thought I'd be in the 30s forever and then the 20s went a bit quick (but not quick enough of course!).

One-derland, here I come!!

PreciousMissy
02-18-2013, 05:27 PM
That's awesome elvislover and ella!! Way to go!

Tomorrow is my WI day so I'll post the results then.

I just looked through some of my old posts from 2011, they were very interesting and very motivating. Just reading about how excited I was when I would jump another hurdle was inspiring. What I also found motivational was seeing other people in the same thread at the same weight I was, and by looking at their ticker I could tell they made it to goal.

It has certainly renewed my drive!

Tziri
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Elvislover that's so exciting!

lunarsongbird
02-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Missy- Good Luck today! I have an official WI today too, but I've been drinking lots of water already today. :: shrugs :: But on the plus side- I get to do inches today!

elvislover324
02-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks ladies!! I'm making reservations down there for all of you to join me very soon! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel to get to one-derland now that I moved on down. It took me 2 months to get from 240-220 so I assume 220-199 will be just over 2 months but I am *trying* not to obsess!

Good luck at your weigh-in, Lunarsongbird!!

PreciousMissy
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Good luck to you too lunarsongbird!

I'm down another 2! Yay me! lol

I also had a NSV this weekend. I stopped into Eileen's cookies and bought three of them, and they're huge! Anyway, when I got home I realized the only reason I bought them was because I hadn't had lunch and was hungry. So I sealed them up and fixed myself a healthy lunch instead. Aside from what my boyfriend ate, and the small bite I had, they're still sitting there and I haven't had a desire for them at all!

Garnet2727
02-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Wow, y'all are doing great! Fond farewells to those who have graduated out of this thread!

I'm still stuck in the high 220s right now but I had a nice NSV today. I have a job interview on Thursday and I had nothing in my closet that would work for this. Things were either too big or not appropriate for a formal interview. So, I quickly went shopping for an interview outfit. Now, in the past, this kind of shopping trip was a damned trauma, even in plus size stores. Today? Damn if I didn't have choices. I found a nice jacket, slacks and shell that I really like. Best of all, except for the jacket, the other pieces are a size 18. (The jacket is a size 20 and slightly too big except in the shoulders. I've got football player shoulders.) I also bought another top just because it caught my eye and it's also a size 18.

Y'all, I have not worn size 18 since high school.

Holy ****.

elvislover324
02-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Precious Missy---awesome on the 2lb loss!! And way to go on the cookies!!! Now you just have to toss them to get them out of sight!! :) They'd be old and stale soon anyways!!

Awesome Garnet!! I am sure you rocked your interview in your fancy new outfit, feeling and looking good! I totally understand the trauma shopping trips. I used to be the biggest size in the store, now I have choices and have to pick between sizes depending on the item. At this point, I can be a 14-16-18-20 and I'm so happy!! I try not to buy too many 20s as I hope to be out of them totally soon (!!) but I do buy them depending on the deal. I was so sad today that a 1x vest I bought (an outfit vest, not like a coat) right around Christmas time is way too big to wear now but what can I do. It hardly fit then!

I know I am supposed to be in my new thread but I can't stay away!!

Tziri
02-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Grats on you NSV Garnet! I think getting to drop sizes is even more exciting than dropping the pounds.

I love shopping but it's hard for me to justify buying clothes right now when I'm continuing to drop sizes (and since I don't need them for work). I finally gave in and bought 3 simple shirts because all mine are way too big and let in air underneath. I think i'll give in and get a new sweatshirt jacket next week too.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Angihas2
02-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Elvislover - YAY that there's no cancer and you can move forward with the getting pregnant portion of the year. I'm so very happy for you! Also....2teens?!?! You've been a meteorite this month!!

Congrats on everyone's losses, be it pounds or inches, way to go ladies!!

I had a really off plan week. My TOM showed up 10 days early but the scale went wonky days before that, so I kind of freaked out! Had some off plan things, quit logging and really slid into a funk. Then TOM showed up and I felt ridiculous. With that, plus the job searches and debating when to move and to where and the financial stuff.....it became just a bit much. I tried staying focused, but sometimes....ugh. I don't feel I was -weak-, I just feel like I got distracted. I slid right back into that habit of taking care of everyone elses emotional/physical needs I let mine slide down the scale. Finally yanked myself back around and realized I need to make myself just as important as everyone else is to me, so I may as well treat myself as nice as I treat them.

The scale and I are taking a break until TOM is over, I realize it kind of freaks me out to see a 4-6 pound upward swing, seemingly overnight without explanation. And, from my last 2 kids, I vaguely recall the closer they got to the 12-15 month age range, the wonkier my periods and hormones got as they finally started to settle back down into a more predictable pattern.

Have a great day ladies, we're hunkered in and waiting for an ice storm, which should be loads of fun.

PreciousMissy
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks Elvislover! And Garnet, I can't wait to have the same NSV as you just did! Awesome job!

Last night my boyfriend asked me to make chicken enchiladas tonight. My head almost exploded! He likes extra cheese and flour tortillas...this just isn't going to work for me (flour is not my friend). He has been blessed with a high metabolism, his weight hasn't fluctuated more than 10lb since high school, more than 24 years ago.

Then it hit me! I could split how I make them! One half of the pan will be the way he likes them and the other half I'll leave out the cheese and use corn tortillas instead.

Now, instead of dreading dinner, I'm looking forward to it :)

Angihas2, we're getting ready for a storm here, too. The last couple of days I've heard anything from 0.5-8 inches...no one can seem to agree haha!

Tziri
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Wow, chicken enchiladas with corn tortillas sound so good right now! I don't think I ever would have thought of that, but I am definitely going to remember it for the future.

I'm ready for winter to be over once and for all. I miss the sun.

elvislover324
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Thank you, angihas2! I've been very blessed so far this year, 2013 will be my year! I am *determined*!

lunarsongbird
02-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Ang- My scale missed your scale. ;)
Garnet- Hello? Holy freaking awesome! SO happy that you are in a fun shiny new size!!

We're waiting for a relatively large snow storm, but we'll see...I'm skeptical. I am going to get some gas for my car though....and POSSIBLY go to the market for some groceries.

Garnet2727
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks, all! :)

AlmostMe
02-21-2013, 04:46 AM
Congrats on the size losses... can't wait until I can go down a size. So far I've just gone from uncomfortable in my jeans to "hey, this ain't so bad" Desperately want to be small enough to shop for a fancy dress on the cheap in a month's time.

Misti in Seattle
02-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi everybody

Haven't posted in this thread in a while because I admit I am getting tired of being stuck here! :) And to clarify... I never cut out my protein; just cut back on it. I think I was still getting enough but have upped it a bit anyway. And I am encouraged by the fact that, while I am just not losing weight, I am definitely into smaller clothes. I was wearing 18-20 pants and now I am a 16-18. Last time I tried on the 14s they were about an inch short of buttoning and zipping. I am going to try them on again this morning as a test... they will be too tight to wear but I can tell if I have lost any more inches that way.

My snorkel and underwater iPod are scheduled to arrive today or tomorrow. They will really help with my pool workouts... can't wait.

Have a super successful week, everyone.

April Snow
02-21-2013, 09:32 AM
I was hoping I'd see progress since doing my re-boot of my plan this past weekend, and I couldn't resist checking today.

239.6!!

Tziri
02-21-2013, 01:35 PM
:congrat: April!

Tziri
02-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Definitely the thing I love most about dropping sizes: the clothes get so much cheaper!!!

Hope everyone has a great day! WI'd in at 233 this morning, 220s here I come (well in another week at least!)

lunarsongbird
02-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Oh, April!! I'm so happy to see you here!!
:hug:
http://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/welcome-sign-1.jpg

I hit 221.4 on the scale this morning, which was quite pleasing.

Pink Hurricane
02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
I finally decided that I am going to (for the time being) incorporate other workouts with P90X dvds. I plan on doing a full round of P90X very soon, but I think right now is a good time to mix things up! I started 6 week 6 pack this morning and it was killer! I loved it! I'm not sure if I should do it every day for 5 days or every other day, so I need to do more research on that. And of course I will be walking/jogging a few days a week and making sure to get in at least 2 P90X workouts a week in (for strength training) and sometimes 3 or 4 for the extra cardio!

bethFromDayton
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Just saying 'hi'--eagerly awaiting everyone's arrival in the 200s/210s. I'm down to 216.x (the x has varied every day this week).

PreciousMissy
02-21-2013, 03:34 PM
April, that's awesome! Tziri and lunarsongbird, looks like you two will be leaving us pretty soon!

Well, I survived the storm that just passed through. I was really hoping for a snow day, but no luck.

I just found out about the best way to have a Jimmy John's sandwich...it's called the Unwich! Instead of bread they wrap the meat in a giant piece of lettuce. By removing the bread, mayo, and oil I was able to take my favorite sandwich that originally is 948 calories down to 339! I'm full (probably won't even need my afternoon snack) and I satisfied my craving for only 339 calories. I'd call that a lunch victory, haha!

Tziri
02-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Hello Beth! Looks like a couple people will be joining you very soon! :( but yay for them!

That's pretty impressive Missy! Sounds really good too

lunarsongbird
02-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Missy, I think they should have an awesomewhich that is wrapped in another big piece of meat. That would make me happy.

April Snow
02-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Thank you Tziri, lunar, and PreciousMissy!

it's a little funny getting into a thread because it's so exciting but of course everyone is trying to leave you behind and get out!! Hope everyone has a nice, short stay here.

I'm going to wait until Sunday to change my ticker, and hope that I can add a little more to the total. I'd love to get down to 237 to get my next chickie, but I don't think that's too realistic. Maybe next week though.

April Snow
02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
well, maybe 237 isn't completely out of the question by Sunday after all, as the whoosh is continuing. Down to 238.0 today!! I generally don't do daily WIs but this is kind of fun to watch, so I probably will weigh daily through Sunday at least.

Tziri
02-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Congrats April! I imagine you would at the very least make it to 237.??? by Sunday.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I have my official WI today and I'm not sure if it will be a good week or not.

PreciousMissy
02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Missy, I think they should have an awesomewhich that is wrapped in another big piece of meat. That would make me happy.

haha! I like the way you think!

April, look at you go!!! That's fantastic! Good luck on your weigh in Tziri!

When I first (re)started I only weighed once a week, but when I started losing I went back to daily weighing and my scale hasn't moved a tick. Which I take as good, because I'm not gaining...but I'm also not losing :tantrum: lol. But...big BUT...I have to remember, I'm not being as stringent this time around...that's what made me give up last time...so the weight loss isn't going to go as fast, but it's going to go.

Thanks for reading my random musing, haha!

Elladorine
02-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I've been trying to get out of this group since September 12th, when I weighed in at 239.5. ;) It looks like I've made it since this past Wednesday I reached 217.5, my all-time low since, well . . . 8th grade. :o I wrote a thread about losing 50 pounds in 50 weeks (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/276190-50-pounds-50-weeks-143-total-uncharted-territory.html) yesterday if you want to check it out. :)

But you are a lovely group! Even if I didn't post a whole lot I did pour through this thread constantly for inspiration. It's so helpful to know there are so many in the same boat! :hug: Stay strong and see you in the so close you could SCREAM (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/276256-two-teens-into-onederland-so-close-you-could-scream.html) thread. :comp:

PreciousMissy
02-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Congratulations Elladorine!!!! I just read your 50 in 50 thread. What an inspirational story for others!

Tziri
02-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Grats Ella! Your progress pics are amazing! You look so healthy and happy!
I remember seeing your progress pics when I was still lurking the forums. You're a great inspiration for everyone. Good luck!!!!!

mygirlvj
02-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to say hello, I've been a lurker for about a year and am now officially on board. Weighed in at 228 this morning but won't believe it until i have seen it for a few days. I have had some major changes in my life the last 6 months (not sure where to post them) and the upside is I've lost a little weight. Love this thread and can't wait to move to the 2-teen one (I'm sure you understand. Can't wait to get to know you all. :)

Tziri
02-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Welcome mygirlvj! Congratulations on your losses so far. I'm glad you finally decided to post (even if you won't be here long)!! :)

AlmostMe
02-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Welcome mygirlvj - no offense taken when you say we want to get out of this thread. We all hope to join you in the next one down!

Went to yoga for the first time in a couple weeks and the first time since I've been in a real scrum in a real game. Really showed me what I'm doing to my body with the rugby...and it ain't good. My neck was painfully stiff, my body is spattered with bruises and my foot still looks bad and hurts almost as bad from where a very large girl stepped on me in her studs just over a week ago.

But hey, my shoulders were noticeably stronger. :)

I'm down to 230 this morning, but the ticker changes Monday! I'm only TWO LBS from goal and almost two months early. I spoke to my brother who I made the bet with and he still has 15lbs to go. He's been lifting heavy and putting on muscle. He said he'd have to "go Ghandi" to hit goal by 15 April.

Since I'm doing IE and absolutely dead set against restrictive diets, we had a good chat about that - it's not about winning or losing, I just want my brother to lose weight the healthy way.

mccull83
02-23-2013, 11:01 AM
This morning I weighed in at 238.2lb........so excited to join you all in the 230's and 220's! Hoping it won't be a super long stay, but would love to join in the support while I'm here!
Almostme: I've never had the guts to try yoga. I picture myself as too uncoordinated, but I've heard about the awesome benefits.

April Snow
02-23-2013, 11:53 AM
welcome mygirlvj and mccull83!!!

and hello everyone! Hope everyone is getting the weekend off to a great start!

Unfortunately, I seem to have come down with a cold overnight :( I have to work up the energy to go out to the store because I need a few things and then I'm coming home and making a big pot of chicken soup, which may be all I eat the next few days! (with chicken meat too) But hoping I feel better once I work up the energy to take a long hot shower.

The scale was down to 237.4 so I'm really hoping for one more day with a good number tomorrow so I can get my 20 lb chickie!

AlmostMe
02-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Mccull83 you really don't need to be coordinated to do yoga. Flexibility is, of course, a bonus - but I'm not flexible at all. As long as you try the right way you will get the benefits.

The key is to find the right yoga class for you - you should feel welcome and supported. And if you don't, it's not the yoga, it's a bad instructor. Some yoga is vigorous, some hot (I do the hot kind - it's about 105 F in the studio) and some quite chilled out. Give it a go!

Tziri
02-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Welcome mccull83!

I always hate going to the store when I have a cold (seems to just zap every bit of energy out of you).

Hope everyone has a fun weekend! I get to see a couple friends tonight that I haven't seen in a while (since about 45 lbs ago or more lol!). Should be a fun night!

Misti in Seattle
02-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the newbies!! Yay, I finally lost another pound and got a new mini ticker with the two-teens at the far end of it. LOL this morning I took my new underwater iPod and did three solid hours of water dancing... with one short break for a quick "pit stop."

Hopefully I will start dropping weight again!!! My clothing sizes are going down though

mygirlvj
02-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Going to Boston Pizza for supper tonight. Studied all the calorie counts so I can eat without feeling guilty. Today weighed in at 227.4. We'll see what tomorrow brings. :)

Angihas2
02-23-2013, 04:56 PM
I have got to get more active in this thread, it really keeps me motivated! Scale and I are still not talking, however we're having a heart to heart in a few. This TOM is still going strong, not to be all TMI, but I'm on my 3rd box of tampons in a week. I've already called my OB/GYN and have an appt Tuesday, hopefully its just hormones straightening out post birth. It always takes me a while.

Other news. Picked up a juicer today, I've been salivating over one for months and finally the male type says, "just buy it, you'll feel better". I love fresh fruits and veggies and often, even though I shop for them weekly, they'll start to go bad and I either have to use them right away, or they end up bad. So, he picked me up some canning jars, and we're going to the farmer's market after my appt on Tuesday, picking up alot of fruits and veggies, and I can spend Tuesday juicing and stocking. I love juice, and I played around with it a bit today, using red cabbage, oranges, celery and carrots, I'm going to use the pulp in a tofu/veggie stir fry as an extra boost of fiber.

Misti in Seattle
02-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Congrats on your juicer! I love my new one, too. What kind did you get?

Mine had some great ideas in the recipe book -- I am planning to make some and freeze for sorbet.

There is a thread on juicing here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/256176-best-juicer-little.html

Tziri
02-23-2013, 06:23 PM
I got into my 14W jeans today and they fit really nicely. Huge NSV for me (wasn't even in a 14W in jnr high) & I'm soooo excited!!!

Misti in Seattle
02-23-2013, 09:17 PM
:congrat: Tziri! :woohoo:

April Snow
02-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Congrats on the losses, and esp. on the jeans Tziri!!

I'm very happy to report that I am down to 236.6 and got my 20 lb chickie!! I'm looking forward to getting below 235 and being in the bottom half of the 230s!

Tziri
02-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks everyone and Grats April! Seems like you are movin' through here faster than you thought you would.

Tziri
02-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Mine had some great ideas in the recipe book -- I am planning to make some and freeze for sorbet.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/256176-best-juicer-little.html

Ooo I never thought of doing that! It sounds really good though. I'll have to try it during fruit season this summer.

mygirlvj
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Weighed in today at 226. I think I'll pick Sundays as the one day of the week where I record my weight.

Tziri
02-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Congratulations mygirlvj!

Em Coconut
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Mind if I join? working hard to get out of the 230s atm...

Misti in Seattle
02-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Em - :welcome:

Tziri
02-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Mind if I join? working hard to get out of the 230s atm...

Welcome! I'm always ready to get out of my decade as soon as I hit the 5 or 6 mark. Hope it goes by quickly for ya!

purplekitten7
02-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Welcome to all the newbies!

I have to confess I've had a complete week off plan, and not even a careful off plan, just a complete eat whatever I feel like and don't do anything kind of off plan. Needless to say, the scale was not my friend this morning - up 2lbs but it's completely my own fault. I was ill for a couple of days and off work so didn't get a chance to do shopping so basically ran out of healthy food (fruit and snacks etc).

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm very frustrated at myself - I aimed to be into the two teens by then and I feel like I just self sabotaged for no reason. However, today is a new day. My fridge and freezer are both fully restocked and bursting at the seams, I had a spring clean in my living room over the weekend - bought and built a sofa too - so its all nice and tidy and organized and just how I want it! Did lots of housework as well, tidy house = tidy mind!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, enjoy your Monday! I hope me and my scale kiss and make up over the week! I'll keep you all informed!

PreciousMissy
02-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Good morning everyone!

Sounds like everyone had some wonderful NSVs and losses since I was last online!

Welcome to all the new people who decided to join!!!

I had a great weekend of eating properly, even with going out Saturday night, and being snowed in Sunday! I was 2lb down this morning which is unusual for me on a Monday. Usually I'm 1-2lb up. Tomorrow is my WI day so I'm going to wait to move my ticker until then...hopefully it sticks!

April Snow
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome Em Coconut!!

Hope your loss stickes, PreciousMissy.

and hang in there PurpleKitten - it's not fun to miss something like a birthday goal, but you are still down from where you started, even if not quite as far as you had wanted, so you don't want to keep going in the wrong direction.

lunarsongbird
02-25-2013, 02:16 PM
April- I popped in specifically to tell you that it is SUCH a bummer that you have a killer cold. I had that a few weeks ago.....SOOOOO miserable. I survived on meal replacements. LOL. Also, I love your new 20 pound chickie! It's so becoming on you! ;0)

Lots of new faces! VERY exciting! mygirlvj, mccull83, and coconut- WELCOME!
http://stampinbuds.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/sa_pink_welcome.gif

AlmostMe- How did you get interested in rugby? Do you think if you did another bet with your brother you might do it based on fat percentage

Tziri- I took a peek at your progress pictures too! AWESOME! AWESOME!

purplekitten- You and I are in the same boat! But I wasn't sick- just indulging too much for my birthday. I too was at 222 this morning and am just SOOOOOOO EAGER to get into the next decade. But just think- within a couple weeks we will definitely be there. It's so close we can taste it! What are your birthday plans?

Missy- FANTASTIC news on the 2 pounds! I love when I'm down!!

April Snow
02-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks Lunar!!

And it's ironic, I was just thinking about whether I had any specific goal in mind for my mid-April birthday, and 222 was my dream weight! I think that may be low to get to by then, but it would be nice and it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, assuming this cold doesn't set me back. So it's funny that ended up being your post-birthday weight!

Angihas2
02-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Misti - I got a JuiceMan. I had watched a bunch of reviews and had been pricing them out online, we ended up at an outdoor flea market Saturday and a guy had one brand new in the box, for 30, I got it for 15. At least this way, if I decide I hate juicing, I'm only out 15. However, so far the whole family loves it. We all like yogurt based smoothies with fruits/veggies/flax tossed in, so it wasn't a huge jump. It's just restraining myself from juicnig every thing in the house. I'm debating a 3 day juice fast to rekick start this losing weight thing.

I'm struggling to just maintain the loss I had in January, the entire month of Feb has seriously been battling between 224-227, every.single.day. i'm losing my mind. It helps, reading this on my phone instead of raiding the cabinets and fridge in frustration. I think a juice fast will help eliminate the gluten I've found hidden in some food and some issues I seem to be having with even brown rice. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to just eliminate ALL grains for a bit and slowly add them back in every other week to see how my body reacts. I've tried finding all the old, "Whats on the menu" posts from 2010, when I was seriously losing weight without issue, and got below the 200-190 mark but they don't seem much different that what I eat now, except for the grain based carbs. Things to ponder.

Also, in going through my old posts, I realized I always stalled/got frustrated when I stated things like, "I want to lose 10 lbs in February" or, "I want to reach x goal, by x date". Normally, in every other area of my life I thrive under deadlines and pressure, not with weight loss, so for now, it's back to the mental, "I'm just after losing weight, not a specific amount per day, just an overall general loss"....though, I'd love to be 199 by May 1st, it's NOT a deadline and it's NOT a goal, more of a, "Hey, I'd love to be under 200 by summer"

Congrats on everyones losses! Lunar, your scale is stepping out on my scale, hopefully I'll catch back up soon.

lunarsongbird
02-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Lunar, your scale is stepping out on my scale, hopefully I'll catch back up soon.

I have no doubt. In January- I cut ALL grains. In February, I toyed with grains. But in March- I want to cut all grains again. Maybe we can do it together? :D
I also want to cut potatoes. Actually- I want to eat like this: http://www.gutandpsychologysyndrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/GAPS-Diet-Foods.pdf

Tziri
02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks lunar.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Angihas2
02-25-2013, 10:07 PM
I have no doubt. In January- I cut ALL grains. In February, I toyed with grains. But in March- I want to cut all grains again. Maybe we can do it together? :D
I also want to cut potatoes. Actually- I want to eat like this: http://www.gutandpsychologysyndrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/GAPS-Diet-Foods.pdf

That would be awesome. The last few days I've had some of my gluten issues flare back up, started really checking the packages in my house, some of the brown rice I absolutely LOVE is produced in a factory that also deals in wheat, so it's got the warning on the side: May contain wheat. Ugh. My daughter, poor thing, is miserable. She's got full blown celiacs combined with a tree nut allergy, so no nut flours like a lot of gluten avoiders use, and she's allergic to pork, so no jello or jiggly soft foods. She's going to grow up and hate yogurt. I'm planning on discussing all this with my OB/GYN tomorrow, to see if the possible wheat exposure has my hormones out of whack again, and if he'll give me a referral to a nutritionist. Better yet, a holistic nutritionist. I'll have to drive to Memphis for the one I really want to see, but he may know of one in the Little Rock area that's good. Also, the hubs and I had a sit down, "Look, the girl spawn and I can't eat what you and the boys can eat, I really need you on board and not griping about the food served, because it just hammers home that she and I have to eat 'special foods', and she's already dealing with that at school". Usually he's pretty good about it, but lately...ugh, it seems like every meal has become a battle over what to cook and how to cook it. He cooks, but when he does, he douses everything in sauces and seasonings and forgets to read the labels to see if they have any gelatin or gluten by-products in them. So, the food, in it's natural state was perfect, then he covers it in things we can't eat and I usually don't realize it until later. I'm going to print out that list as well as our normal list and do a side by side comparison. Then do a weeks worth of menu's. See what I can't work out that we'll all like and won't send she and I into the "oh...stars, kill me now" mode. I know he cooked dinner the last 3-4 nights and seriously, no BM's in 3 days. Gas...yes, but nothing else. Which is ridiculous when I look at my food logs and KNOW I've eaten my calories and KNOW I'm swimming in water and have 35-40 grams of fiber per day. I feel like I'm going to explode.

Sorry for the uber long, overly informative post...it's so frustrating, because he's trying, but it feels like he's not thinking and I don't know how to say that nicely without making him feel like a 12 yr old :(

Brandibooxoxo
02-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Hello all,
New to this thread, I've been stuck in the 230's/220's for 2 months now going back in forth from 225 to 235 for the past month. Hoping this thread will help get through this "hump". Went off plan for a little while and ive been right back on for two days now, so excited ;)

Misti in Seattle
02-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Hello everyone.

Sheesh, seems I am not the only one whose scale is stuck here!!! Let's all just hang in there and keep going.

Angihaus, what a super deal on the juicer. yay for you and glad your family likes it.

purplekitten7
02-26-2013, 06:00 AM
Thanks everyone.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY YAY!

I'm doing absolutely nothing exciting for it, or at all really. I'm currently stuck at work and the weather is all grey and drizzly. Just gonna have a bit of a relax and see if I can get my fella to pamper me a bit tonight, he's already said he's cooking dinner (an approved menu by me ;) ) and I'm gonna see if I can get a bath and a massage out of it too - wish me luck! haha

I've not had much time to do individual replies on here but I'll be back at some point to be less rude! :)

Misti in Seattle
02-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Happy birthday, purplekitten!!

April Snow
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Happy Birthday purplekitten! Hope you get a nice night of pampering from your bf!!

PreciousMissy
02-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Happy birthday purplekitten!!!! Don't forget to add bubbles to your bath!

Welcome Brandibooxoxo!

Angihas2, I understand what you mean about someone else fixing dinner and it's things you shouldn't eat, just on a less severe scale. My (incredibly sweet) boyfriend tries to cook for me when he knows I'm tired, but the only things he can cook are Hamburger Helper and frozen pizza, haha! Not exactly filling if I eat the proper amount :).

Well, my 2lb loss hung in there for a WI of 234 today! Whoo-hoo! I was so excited to add my first (of many to come) 5lb flower, hehe!

Pink Hurricane
02-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I've just realized I have been a part of this thread since Sept/Oct when I first joined 3FC! I had started at 232, went all the way down to 224 before our ceremony and reception, made my way back up to 235, came back down to 229, then all the way back up to 239, pushed into 242 for a few days, and ended up back at 237. While it's frustrating and disappointing, it is kind of funny to see how much my weight has bounced around in that same range for four months! It's ridiculous! Typing that out has shown me exactly how much life affects my weight loss and gains. I have got to stick with my plan no matter what and keep going. I've done this before, and almost got to my goal before I let life just take over, now I have to keep going even when schedules and events and everything else is going on!

lunarsongbird
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Ang, Oy vay. I'm sorry to hear about your bathroom situation. Sounds awfully painful! I'm thinking your juicer will help. Thoughts? Have you ever considered GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) to see how you and your daughter do on it? It's the above foods- plus homemade broth and fermented items (such as sauerkraut) to heal the gut lining. I'm going to try to do it for the rest of the year to see how it impacts my crohn's disease. I want to give my future babies the best possible gut flora possible.

Is your daughter your youngest?

purplekitten- Happy Birthday, dear!!
Healthy birthday. :)
http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/cheryledavis/cheryledavis1103/cheryledavis110300015/8993880-two-yellow-bananas-with-happy-birthay-letter-candles-instead-of-cake-for-healthy-lifestyle-birthday-.jpg

Brandi- Welcome, welcome!

Missy- I love when losses stick around! HOORAY!

Tziri
02-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Welcome brandi!

Happy Birthday purple!

April Snow
02-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Congrats PreciousMissy, it's great to see that flower!!

welcome Brandi!!

Pink Hurricane, I think that is a great realization. I like the double decade threads, because they are nice and active with so many people. But I can see where it also makes it a little easier to hang out here for too long! lol! But also so true how much we let external things affect us. Life is going to happen, so for me, a big thing is thinking about how to juggle life and my plan and make it all work. Good luck getting everything back on track!!

Angi - good luck getting Hub on board with the food you and "the girl spawn" (lol!) need to eat!

hope everyone else is having a great day!!

I'm still plugging away, hoping to get below 235 and be in the bottom half of the 230s for Sunday WI.

Brandibooxoxo
02-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Happy Birthday purplekitten!
Thanks for all the welcome's :)

elvislover324
02-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Just some light stalking on my old stomping ground to see where all my friends are at!! :wave:

Happy Birthday, Purple Kitten!! :bday2you: Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Angihas2
02-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Happy Birthday Purple!!

lunar - The juice is not helping. The hubs had the exact same drink I did last night, he's gone like 10 times. I seriously wanna shoot him :/ Tonight I'm trying red cabbage, apple, ginger and grapefruit, then toss in some flaxseed and coconut oil. Somethings going to give, eventually.

All in all a good day. Still frustrated over the job search, but it is what it is. Something will come through, it always does. I firmly believe persistence and patience pays off and there's a reason we're still here and not elsewhere. As my mom says, "Things happen as they're meant to happen, not as we want them to".

lunarsongbird
02-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Ang, when desperate: http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/product/smooth-move-reg-peppermint

Also- When applying for a position- are you then going to linkedin to see if you can find the contact information for someone that works at the company- so that you can e-mail them with your resume? To ensure they look at your application. If I can find someone's name- I can typically find their e-mail address. Especially if I know how that company formats their e-mail addresses.

Angihas2
02-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Ang, when desperate: http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/product/smooth-move-reg-peppermint

Also- When applying for a position- are you then going to linkedin to see if you can find the contact information for someone that works at the company- so that you can e-mail them with your resume? To ensure they look at your application. If I can find someone's name- I can typically find their e-mail address. Especially if I know how that company formats their e-mail addresses.

I'm looking at that website now. Desperate times and all.

LinkedIn - I actually have zero experience with that site. I need to go wander it, possibly tomorrow, I'm exhausted tonight, but have to stay up another 2 hours or so. My neighbour has seizures, so she can't drive and she's started working late shifts at the local Dollar General, and she has 3 pre-teen/teen girls, so we've had them here 6 nights of the week and I've been dropping her off and picking her up. She supposedly gets off at 1030, however, the entire last week, I was still sitting in the parking lot, waiting on her at 1145 pm. And getting back up with my 10 month old at butt crack am. I found a position very similiar (in a round about, working with the same anatomical parts of the body with many of the same principles) position here that I've been looking for in Texas. I'm applying at their hiring fair tomorrow. I've got my BS in SLP, an AS in Health Science and an AA in Liberal Arts (I really didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up), the position is for a Respiratory Therapist, but they'll take a Tech, if they have a 4 yr related degree (I do), and after being on the phone with their HR person, who I actually know from clinicals, I was told they'd be willing to consider taking me on as a tech, working under a certified RT, as long as I was willing to take the additional 3 courses I'm lacking to become certified via the state as an RT, at their expense, as long as I'd be willing to sign an employment contract.

Re: earlier comment about my daughter, she's actually my oldest. I have a 9 yo daughter, 7 yo son and now a 10 month old son.

Matilda08
02-27-2013, 10:23 AM
COngrats all!!

PreciousMissy
02-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Thanks April and Lunar! :D

Good afternoon everyone! What a day it has been!!!

I was up 2lb on the scale this morning, but I know it's because of the super salty dinner I had last night, then TOM decided to make an appearance, and two different clients decided to rip me a new one for things I had no control over...*whew*.

So, in an effort to clear my mind I decided to go for a walk around the office and find the best piece of chocolate I could (a.k.a. grazing, lol). I was successful and found a truffle instead of the unsatisfying large handful of chocolates I normally would have settled for.

So, I consider that an emotional eating victory. While I freely admit that I ate purely out of emotion, I was able to control it with one piece instead of stopping at the bakery on the way home (and you can bet that was my first thought!).

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful afternoon!

Angihas2
02-27-2013, 09:52 PM
I know weighing at night is generally not a good idea. However, I enjoy the guessing game. I like the science behind weight loss, how things that -shouldn't- matter, if losing weight is 80% diet, like sleep. I like seeing a low # on the scale after a greats night sleep. And, it truly does keep me from freaking out in the am if I didn't get a good nights sleep. It also encourages me to have more healthful sleep habits. Going to bed at a decent hour, trying for at least 6 straight hours, or even sleeping in a bit more than normal. I know that there's the whole, a rested mind makes better food choices theory, which is true, but I think it allows the body to reset, to realise there's no stressors going on, like famine or war that's causing a decrease in intake calories. You know the big thrill? Is that weighing at night, with clothes on, food in me, several liters of water in me, is seeing a number I was seeing in the morning a week ago. It's NOT seeing 230, 231, 229, 227, 225 and lower as my morning weight and seeing it as my final weight of the day. It's this little thrill. Cus, you know, we all use that 1st weight of the day as our official weight. Naked, empty bladder and bowels, no food or fluids digesting, etc. But, I can't help thinking after a meal or alot of water, "Yeah, now I weigh x amount more". But to see those numbers I was shooting for last week, month, whatever as todays final weight is this little YIPPPEEE inside me.

Total random ramblings.

lunarsongbird
02-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Not totally random for me. I love weighing at night too. :: shrugs :: Gives me kind of a preview of what I might expect in the morning.

getmydivaback3
02-28-2013, 11:36 AM
I have been stalled at 236 for the past couple days. I joined my local gym and first day today after work, hopefully this will help me break through. I have to keep pushing want to make my goal.

Tziri
02-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Hello,
Hope everyone is having a good week! It's getting gloomy here, ick!
Hoping I will make it into the 220s this week.

Pink Hurricane
02-28-2013, 10:25 PM
I am officially beginning 6 Week 6 Pack tomorrow and plan to combine cardio and strength training with it. I know this will help give me a good boost! So I am definitely holding on to my weight right now, I was supposed to have TOM on Monday but it still has not shown up. It's unusal because my body is almost always on par with the beginning of the cycle and I have been having cramps, cravings, and sensitivity like I do every TOM but there is not an acutal period. I am on Mirena, and it's my last few months with it, so it's possible that there is nothing 'left' but at the same time, it's just weird.

AlmostMe
03-01-2013, 02:57 AM
Woo hoo!! As of this morning I hit my mini-goal weight. It's not officially on the ticker yet...AND - I'm a bit suspicious as I've lost A LOT of weight this week (after not losing so much for a couple of weeks)- so something else might be going on.

My next goal is to get below 100 Kilos - that's only about 7lbs away from this mini goal - but I like those nice round numbers. I won't post that up until I'm sure I've hit this one.

Lunarsongbird: I live in the cradle of Rugby Union - SW London is practically rugby central with lots of historic clubs, including mine. But I got interested in rugby because a couple of people suggested I try it. I discounted that for a long time, but started taking my son to rugby, met gals from the women's rugby team at my club and started training with them. The culture suits me (it's not a "good" culture... crude, binge drinking, etc etc) - but at the same time very team spirited, family oriented and respectful. Hard to describe.

purplekitten7
03-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Hello Girlies, I'm a bit frustrated - peeked at the scales this morning and i'm up another 2lbs but I've been doing everything right this week :( I'm been really careful with my food and been working out every night even though I don't feel like it! What is wrong with me? I am due TOM today, so I'm hoping it's just waterweight but I'm still really peeved. Me and my scale are supposed to be kissing and making up after last weeks disaster! I'm now 4lb+ my ticker weight, official weigh in is Monday (and I'm away at a friends this weekend) so I'll update my ticker then if it's still like this. I know its only a minor fluctuation really but, I need a win *********!

Waah, rant over for today. Sorry girlies

lunarsongbird
03-01-2013, 08:52 AM
What is wrong with me? I am due TOM today, so I'm hoping it's just waterweight but I'm still really peeved.

You answered your own question. I'm in the same boat. I'm up on the scale today too. Straddling two decades when TOM hits makes me uncomfortable.
LOL. I also have official WI today. So I'm going to take a gentle walk today, B-6, some detox tea and really hit the water.

http://dancollier.org/pictures/misc/lolcats_happyface.jpg

mccull83
03-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I, too, suffer from being right on plan, yet the scale shows NOTHING (actually went UP 2 pounds the other day and is staying there). SOOOooo hoping TOM is to blame and it will just slide off in a couple days (I used to only weigh once or twice a month, but now weigh about 2-3x/week and haven't quite figured out how my body handles things). I did suck it up and put the +2 pounds on my ticker to make it 240 since they seem to be sticking around, but will IMMEDIATELY move it once they're gone.
Lunarsongbird I love/appreciate that picture LOL
Purplekitten7 let's just keep pushing ahead and get out of these 230's/220's!!
:goodvibes We've got the whole month of March ahead of us to make some progress!

Tziri
03-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Lunar: You always have the best pictures to post lol.

I hope everyone has a really great weekend! It's gloomy here and I have a feeling it will last all weekend. :( I just can't wait for late spring and summer. Lots of weddings to go to this year so It should be a fun and busy year for me.

Official WI at 232 pounds (which is at 2 pm). My scale in the morning is showing me around 229 to 230. Can't wait to make it to the 220s for good.

Welcome to any new people I may have missed and grats on everyone's losses!

PreciousMissy
03-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Almostme, that's fantastic!!!! Good for you!

To everyone who is stalling or maybe up a little, hang in there, the scale will start moving in the right direction :).

As for me, I was slow getting out of bed this morning and forgot to weigh in. It's probably a good thing I forgot since TOM is still visiting, lol.

April Snow
03-01-2013, 08:01 PM
good job on the losses Tziri and AlmostMe!

and :hug: to everyone dealing with a stall. Wishing big whooshes to all!!

I did a first of the month WI today and was down to 234.4. I'll wait until Sunday to change my ticker, and maybe even be at 233.something but I'm still very happy to be in the bottom half of the 230s, and heading on into the 220s!

Pink Hurricane
03-02-2013, 02:50 AM
Nice losses y'all!!!

I gained some this week because it's TOM, and today it finally showed up some so I am more relaxed. Going to stick to my plan this weekend, it will be fun since we are celebrating my husband's birthday, and it's going to be busy. I am going to make some yummy and healthy muffins tomorrow morning for him to get the day going right!

mygirlvj
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello everyone, I've had a really good week and will post weight tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week-end.

charliee
03-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Just popping my nose in here. I got down to 239 two days ago, but am up to 239.4 today. Hopefully I'll be able to join in here in a few days. Congrats to everyones losses this week. Onwards and downwards :)

lunarsongbird
03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Weeeeeee YAY! Welcome, Charliee!

TOM finally arrived for me this morning. I knew it was coming, but it was being slow. Yesterday I was RAVENOUS, but I stuck to plan. Was still up on the scale today though. ::shrugs:: 221.

I'm looking forward to being solidly in the 2Teens.

Tziri
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Grats on everyone's losses and welcome charliee!

Angihas2
03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Finally broke through that 225 stall!!! 223.8!!!

Yesterday was horrible. Up at 7, making coffee, glance out the window and realise.....my truck is gone?! %$%&#! Cops at 7 am. Fun fun. Then my daughter fractured her phalanges in her palm trying to long jump a chair. Really Saturday?! Who peed in your organic smoothie?

Hopefully Sunday is much better. On my phone so I can't do personals, but wanted to welcome the new peeps and congrats to everyone leaving this double decade thread. s an aside....the double decade threads are a killer!!

charliee
03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys!

Woot! Congrats Angihas2 on breaking through your stall. Sorry your Saturday was so chaotic, I hope your daughter isn't in too much pain. :(

Normally I like to sleep in on Sunday's but today I'm up so I'm gonna hit the gym, yesterday I used the elliptical machine for the first time without looking (and feeling) like an uncoordinated n00b lol, I'm eager to try it again.

Happy Sunday peeps!

April Snow
03-03-2013, 11:15 AM
woohooo Charliee!!! :bravo: Welcome to the 230s!!!

April Snow
03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Angi -

Ugh, so sorry about your truck and your daughter. Things HAVE to be better today!!

April Snow
03-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I ended up with a bigger than expected loss for the week, down 3.6 to 233.0

I am not all that surprised, since I haven't had much appetite the past few days due to my dad's situation. But I'll still take the loss, under any circumstances!

LebenAlles
03-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Hey all, I'm back in the game back at 237.8. Had a few bad weeks, but I'm thinking things are going to be going quite well for March. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday

April Snow
03-03-2013, 03:49 PM
good to see you back LebenAlles!

Angihas2
03-04-2013, 10:47 AM
This is the 1st Monday I've been able to move my ticker in 3 weeks. THREE WEEKS. I'd get below 225 during the week, then every Monday, right back to 225. Thanks you stars!!! I was ready to dance naked in the moonlight on my front yard to get that ticker to move. Changing the 'official weigh in day', just to move my ticker kind of seemed like a cheat, yanno. Scales....my neighbors scale weighed me in at 229 last night, however, I was fully dressed, with shoes, and her floors are seriously uneven and dirty, hence, not taking my shoes off. I'm sticking with my scale, regardless of the number, the amount of weight lost is still the same.

The week definitely has to be better than the weekend was. It's been fairly traumatic all the way around. Alot of personal bs with the hubs, and we're both kind of walking around each other like we're strapped with bombs. I hope it'll get better, but I don't see how, since these problems are a constant reoccurance, and frankly, I'm tired of having the same discussion/argument/blow up every 3 months. We'll see. We have a kiddo together and my older 2 call him dad, so ending it all, can't be done lightly or in anger. Meanwhile, life goes on and it's going on with me healthier.

Have a great Monday everyone!

lunarsongbird
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Ang, HOORAY for scale movement! I feel like my scale is doing weird things, but that's only probably because I'm doing weird things. I made some really weird nutritional decisions this weekend (i.e. skipping dinner to have the calories in popcorn and frozen yogurt instead).

Life just feels messy right now. Physically and mentally. Physically the house is dirty, my closet is a mess, the dishes need to be done. :: shrugs :: And mentally I just feel funky. Oh well. This is how life is sometimes.

I do have fun news though...I'll start a new thread. :)

charliee
03-04-2013, 11:36 AM
238.6 today, woot! Which means I'm down 21 pounds since I recommitted to getting this weight off 7 weeks ago. Yay!

Feels like a low day though, I'm looking forward to your fun news Lunar.

Angihas2
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Your scale musta been missing my scale lunar! I swear they've got a love affair going on. My room has been a mess since I decided to start packing here and there. I also have a huge pile of jeans, shorts, capris and dress pants on the bed. Apparently I felt I needed to try on every single pair. I can get most of them up and over my thighs and hips, and a few even buttoned. So, now I have them in piles based on how far up they got and how close they were to buttoning. I'm completely disregarding the size they're supposed to be, cus that's a bunch of bunk! I got a pair of 14 capris over my hips and buttoned (but there's no way in hades I'd leave the house in them), but a pair of 16's laughed at me. I'll keep a loose idea of what size they 'are', but not use it as an accurate gauge, especially since I've had a pregnancy, loss, pregnancy, bed rest and baby since I could wear them, and he's still just 10 months..

March seems to be loving me. I'm 9 pounds from my bday goal. I'd love to hit it, but I'd really love to leave the house in those capri's more!!

lunarsongbird
03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Woohoo! If March is loving you...I hope that means it loves me too, Ang! My scale does indeed seem to be missing yours. :)

I am going to Chipotle for lunch today (not enough preparation to make lunch), but my heart is telling me it doesn't even need chips. AWESOME. That has got to be a good sign.