Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Smile A quick question about supplementing..

Hello all,

I'm out of my high carbs and I was wonder what I can eat to supplement it? Are there any EAS drinks that I can drink to make up for it? Any ideas on what people have used in a dire time of need? I won't be getting my new food till Saturday that's why I'm in a little rut right now. Thanks!
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Hello all,

I'm out of my high carbs and I was wonder what I can eat to supplement it? Are there any EAS drinks that I can drink to make up for it? Any ideas on what people have used in a dire time of need? I won't be getting my new food till Saturday that's why I'm in a little rut right now. Thanks!
Can you explain what you mean by "high carbs"...do you mean restricted items? If so, plain protein bars could be a substitute but they have sugar alcohols which can upset the tummy if you aren't used to them. EAS carb control drinks, the ones people substitute for IP RTD, tend to have 3 or 4 carbs each, depending on the flavor.
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Are you completely out of your IP foods? If you need something to get you through a day or two, most drugstores and Wal Mart carry EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shakes - they are about $5 for a 4 pack and meet the IP requirements. Pure Protein shakes are also within the IP guidelines and I've found if a store doesn't carry one they will have the other.

Getting bars that fit the guidelines can be tricky, as most at the big box stores are either too high in fat or too high in carbs. If you check the nutrition labels carefully, this is what you want to look for:

Under 200 calories
less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat and multiply by 3, if it's lower than total calories you're good)
Less than 15g NET carbs (subtract dietary fiber from total carbs)
at least 12g protein
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Check the threads for alternative products. There are plenty of bars & shakes that you can buy in stores that are suitable replacements.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Can you explain what you mean by "high carbs"...do you mean restricted items?
Yes restricted are also known as high carbs to me.

Quote:
EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shakes - they are about $5 for a 4 pack and meet the IP requirements.
I can get this at CVS! Thanks for the answer!
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Yes restricted are also known as high carbs to me.
Okay, so I have to go back to Scorbett's question:
Quote:
Are you completely out of your IP foods?
If not, just replace with a non-restricted item. The restricted items are optional, not required.

In any event, replacing with an EAS shake is not equivalent. It's fine as a replacement for an IP item, but would not be considered a restricted item.

Last edited by bubbleblower; 01-31-2013 at 01:14 PM.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote