Exercise! - Exercise to improve circulation?

View Full Version : Exercise to improve circulation?

Leaves
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for exercises and activities that could help boost my circulation? I seem to constantly have cold hands and feet, no matter how warm it is and am suffering pretty badly with chilblains on my toes. They were getting really bad in the cold snap we had in the UK recently and got so sore and infected that I could hardly walk! :(

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Ilene
01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for exercises and activities that could help boost my circulation? I seem to constantly have cold hands and feet, no matter how warm it is and am suffering pretty badly with chilblains on my toes. They were getting really bad in the cold snap we had in the UK recently and got so sore and infected that I could hardly walk! :(

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!Since you have a specific medical problem I would suggest seeing a doctor or a physio therapist. I would think that maybe walking would be difficult for you but walking certainly helps with circulation... Yoga and Pilates would be excellent choices I would think... But seek medical advice before listening to us on the internet ;)

AlmostMe
01-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Do you smoke? Are you getting enough to eat?

Otherwise anything that moves your body will improve circulation. I exercise 6 days out of 7, different stuff. I used to feel cold all the time and now I regularly stand around outside in the cold and wet for over an hour and I'm ok. (Not warm and toasty, but ok) But yeah, I live in the UK and frankly it was just freezing cold recently.

Yoga is pretty good because it encourages compression and stretching which they say improves circulation. It certainly makes me feel good!