Support Groups - NOVA Ladies and Friends ... Luvin' Ourselves Accountability Check-In February 2013

love2b150
01-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Trying to get the NOVA folks and some old friends together here but EVERYONE's :welcome:. This is the place to track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like to do it, you can keep track of what you eat, your water intake, your mood each day, or just chit-chat. Come on in, the water is fine ... WE promise, you'll meet a great group of people here that'll have your back through it ALL

See you soon ....

love2b150
01-29-2013, 11:43 PM
February 2013 .... hoping to make my heart smile this month with great habits and great numbers :D

Started January 1 @ 197.2, Ending January 31 @ 194.8, Loss 2.4lbs
Starting February 1 @ 196.6, Ending February 28 @ ???.?

01 ~ 196.6 (+1.8)
02 ~ 196.6 (N/C)
03 ~ 195.0 (-1.6)
04 ~ 195.6 (+0.6)
05 ~ 196.6
06 ~ 197.6
07 ~ 196.0
08 ~ 198.6
09 ~ 199.0
10 ~ 198.6
11 ~ 197.6
12 ~ 197.0
13 ~ 196.0
14 ~ 195.2 Happy Valentine's Day
15 ~ 195.4
16 ~ 195.6
17 ~ 196.6
18 ~
19 ~
20 ~ My baby is 20 ... wow!
21 ~
22 ~ 197.2
23 ~ 197.2
24 ~ 197.6
25 ~ 196.8
26 ~
27 ~
28 ~

dangerouscurvesahead
01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
:val3:Showing myself the LOVE...:val3:
Start Weight:

1~
2~
3~
4~
5~
6~
7~
8~
9~
10~
11~
12~
13~
14~:val1:Valentine's Day:val1:
15~
16~
17~
18~
19~My Daddy's Birthday!:woo:
20~
21~
22~
23~
24~
25~
26~
27~
28~

End Weight:

MamaP
01-31-2013, 10:00 PM
A great recipe I found on another thread. It's called a Big Mac in a bowl and it's soooo good. I've made it twice this week. I used 93% lean ground beef and didn't use any salt or pepper. Instead of dill pickle spears I used dill pickle relish. Total calories around 330.

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons Walden Farms Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

love2b150
02-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Oh my Ladies, February is starting off at 196.6.

My cousin took me to lunch yesterday at Zaxby's. I had the chicken finger meal which had 5 chicken fingers, fries and toasted bread. I have to tell you after seeing the commercial so many times I really wanted to go there so when he suggested it I was all for it. I ate 2 chicken fingers, a few fries and the bread which was the best part of my meal. Maybe because I hadn't had fries food all month that was the reason for not liking the taste. Ok the other reason for the up is my son made spaghetti and I had a plate of that. So let's hope better luck tomorrow :)

Have a great day Everyone ... see you later :wave: personals then :)

dangerouscurvesahead
02-01-2013, 08:51 AM
gmornin ladies! Its Feb 1st n snowing to beat the band but not pose to amount to anything! I put 2 applications in yesterday n ive got another to turn in this afternoon or 1st thing tomorrow morning. Heres to a new month n remember to show love for yourself each n every day!

MamaP
02-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Happy Friday . . .

December 2012: 246
January 31, 2013: 235.0

01: 235.0

Tried a new green smoothie recipe this morning (this is my slightly modified version). I found it on another thread.

* Handful of Spinach
* Scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder
* 2 teaspoons instant (dark roast) coffee granules
* Tablespoon of SF chocolate syrup (the kind you put in coffee)
* Ice

This is the first time I used spinach in a smoothie without adding any fruit. It was good. Tasted like a Mocha Chocolate coffee. I think next time I will add 2 tablespoons of the syrup to give it a stronger chocolate taste.

aka8941
02-01-2013, 09:41 PM
204.8 today. got new scale in the mail. adjusting slider accordingly....feeling kinda sad lately. hopefully I can shake these blues.

dangerouscurvesahead
02-03-2013, 08:56 AM
gmorning~ its a cold snow flurry morning in va. Weve had water well issues since thursday n finally got them fixed yesterday! Running water in ur home is a true blessing im here to tell ya! Have a friend n her 2 teen sons stayin with us since friday a.m. due to marital issues at home, although we r more than glad we can help it sure does throw our routines n such so out of whack! Missed the gym friday and havent done any walking so hopefully ill get back on track tomorrow. Im not good with chaos, my OCD likes order, routine, plans, schedules to keep me from getting overwhelmed n feeling out of control ugh plz God be with us at this time!

love2b150
02-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies, I started the month off not so good but this morning I'm down 1.6 to 195.0 so getting back there. I hope I can break out of the 190's this month :crossed:

Amanda good job on the 2.2 GONE for the month :) Amanda hope you're back to smiling soon :hug:

Kris that Big Mac in a bowl sounds pretty good. Kris my son and I experimented adding spinach to smoothies on Kukkie's suggestion. Isn't it amazing how you can't taste it at all? We put it in our fruit smoothies. It does change the color to a yucky greenish brown but it sure taste delicious. :) Glad you are finding all of these delicious ideas/recipes, keep posting them. Thanks :hug:

Joy best of luck on the application/job seeking :) ... praying for you and your friend. :hug:

Hi Steph and Ona :wave:

Time to get ready for church. I pray you all have a truly blessed day :hug:

Steph7409
02-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey ladies,

Here's wishing us all a good February. I'm hoping to change my job soon, which would be great. I need to stop giving myself excuses to overeat. I want to get back to feeling good about myself!

dangerouscurvesahead
02-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Well its monday n ive gotta say… im exhausted! Our friend n her sons r still here n no mention of that changing in the near future even though other offers have been made. She sits at my kitchen table all day n chain smokes n the boys eat non-stop n their puppy barks constantly n isnt house broke at 8 months old! They know i dont like people in my home when im not home n no mention of them going anywhere while i take son to school n go do my work-out so i may just have to change my plans some to take them with me. Im sure im coming off like a b**** about this n thats not my intention ill keep her boys from being homeless but shes not making much effort to help herself or us.

MamaP
02-04-2013, 11:30 AM
I think my scale is bipolar ... (although I did eat at a buffet Saturday night -:) )

01: 235.0
02: 234
03: 236.2
04: 233.6

MamaP
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Tried a new green smoothie recipe this morning (this is my slightly modified version). I found it on another thread.

* Handful of Spinach
* Scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder
* 2 teaspoons instant (dark roast) coffee granules
* Tablespoon of SF chocolate syrup (the kind you put in coffee)
* Ice

This is the first time I used spinach in a smoothie without adding any fruit. It was good. Tasted like a Mocha Chocolate coffee. I think next time I will add 2 tablespoons of the syrup to give it a stronger chocolate taste.

I added a splash of Peppermint Mocha Creamer to this in the blender this morning. (I also cut the coffee granules back to 1 teaspoon.) It was sooooo good. It tasted just like a Peppermint Mocha. Too bad Peppermint Mocha is a seasonal creamer and I used the last of it this morning. I think I'll try adding some peppermint extract.

The Big Mac in a bowl is very good. I browned up a couple of pounds of ground beef and froze them in single serving bags so all I have to do is heat it up and then add my toppings. Will be a super quick dinner.

love2b150
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Steph You can do it ... and I really hope the job comes through for you :) have you gained any weight during this tough time or are you maintaining?

Joy you are not coming off as a bad person at all. I have to ask ... do you and your hubby smoke? Is she a stay at home Mom? Have you discussed the length of time they could stay or was it an open door agreement? I/we have been in that situation more times then a few. We have taken in family and friends and even friends children that were homeless for a while. It taught us to always have guidelines with family and friends. I would never turn anyone away but I/we won't be taken advantage of either. You are gonna have to talk to her, she needs a plan or at least be trying to come up with one. You need piece of mind ... Just my two cents and I do apologize if any of what I said is out of line.

LOL Kris, take it and run hon, way to go :high: You are on a roll with your planning, another :high: for ya :D. I've got to tell you, though I have not added up the calories, I have had your mocha chocolate smoothie two days in a row and I love it. :T You know what I love more is it does not send me peeing 10 times like a cup of coffee does and it has protein. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting it for us. :)

MamaP
02-04-2013, 10:35 PM
LOL Kris, take it and run hon, way to go :high: You are on a roll with your planning, another :high: for ya :D. I've got to tell you, though I have not added up the calories, I have had your mocha chocolate smoothie two days in a row and I love it. :T You know what I love more is it does not send me peeing 10 times like a cup of coffee does and it has protein. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting it for us. :)[/COLOR]

It depends on how many calories your protein powder has in it, but 1 1/2 cups of spinach only has 5 calories in it (according to my tracker). My protein powder only has 120 calories so the way I make the chocolate mocha smoothie it only has 125 calories, 3 grams of carbs and 25 grams of protein. I think it will probably be something I make regularly.

MamaP
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM

01: 235.0 (Upped calorie intake from 1400 to 1700 starting on the 1st)
05: 232.6

dangerouscurvesahead
02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
hello ladies~ i'm still around just not very much if any "me" time!
Rennie, my husband "dips" and i quit smoking back this past july but i never really smoked in the house simply cuz i dont like the smell of smoke filled rooms or covered things (odd for a smoker to say im sure but its true). She knows i quit n that we rarely let people smoke inside to begin with and thought she would stick to the same to the usual rules BUT she hasn't. Yes at this time she is a sahm with no dl or vehicle her oldest son has a dl n ride and just got a fulltime job so hes not around to run her everywhere and shes always hinting around to wanting to go here and there and everywhere to me and i just can't do it ive got a set schedule for MY days and i'm already having to tweak them to work around her. we were under the impression that it would just be for a few days cuz she had other offers of places to stay BUT was recently informed shes waiting for her tax money, which ours just came in and we don't want her even knowing we have it. (a little background... we were very close to her mother before she died and she made us promise to make sure her grandsons would always be taken care of and they r our kids best friends our only answer was ~ of course they will always have a home! Her daughter n son in law r basically mooches for lack of a nicer word. they live in a run down shack that doesnt have electric 1/2 the time but always have nice clothes, shoes, rides n such {priority issues}. so of course the mama has to come with the boys since she was the one thrown out by her hubby. bottom line we've known them for almost 10yrs and shes very well aware of how i do things and how i am about my home and such and i guess thats my biggest peeve- she knows and isn't trying to go by my/our ways.
No, i wouldn't get offended by your questions, suggestions and such, it helps me think clearer if i get an "outside" opinion not to mention if im going to make my biz known then i should expect the above mentioned anyway lol.
guess maybe im just "assuming" to much and im going to just have to have a little girl talk with her which i hate having to do with a grown woman/man that should just know better- not your house so not your rules ugh!

MamaP
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
This week is going slowly . . . and quickly at the same time. I know that doesn't make sense, but it seems like the days have dragged on and on yet I can't believe it's already Thursday. My eating has been hit or miss this week but my weight is doing good.

My grandson fell Sunday night and fractured both bones in his arm, just above the wrist. Tuesday we went to get the cast and it ended up being a super late night because less than 4 hours after he got the cast we were in the ER getting it cut off. They had done something wrong and it was cutting off his circulation - his poor little red puffy fingers just kept getting puffier. The ER doc cut the cast off and they put him in a temporary splint/type cast. They should have taken the cast off immediately but they kept saying "oh, it will get better." I really think they didn't want to mess with it because it was closing time. Yesterday we went to a different location (for the same Children's Hospital) and had a new cast put on. He was such a little trooper. The second cast he got is red and blue so my daughter decorated it with a spider web and spiderman's face. He loves it. Three weeks in the cast and then they will decide if he needs another one.

The picture of his hand was taken when we got to the ER. Can you believe that the doctor said "well, I think it's okay." They really only agreed to cut it off because we insisted. When they cut if off they did find it was too tight and pinched around the bend of his arm. Poor baby.

OnaMi
02-09-2013, 11:07 AM
:wave: eveybody..Life had been tough..Mother almost bleed to Death cause when she was in the Hospital the last time,they put her on a 325ml aspirin and they didn't know that she had an ulcer.

She's doing fine now,Thank God.Out of the hospital and out of rehab.My way of eating took a major hit.I tried to hold it together but with everything going on... I felt like i was going to have a nervous breakdown.I needed to get out.. jog/exercise to relieve some stress and couldn't.I tried to prepare food at home to take w/me but timing was so hard.

Thank God we all pulled through.

I haven't weighed,don't plan on weighing for a while and just focus on working my plan and exercising..what made me feel good. focusing on geting my mind back on doing what's best for me and what makes me happy.If I'm all sad and depressed,how can i be of any good to her.

I was able to take a nice jog this morning and it felt so good.will fight to just make TODAY to good eating.

Thank you Rennie for your PM :hug: your kind words made me feel so much better :)

love2b150
02-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Kris you are getting closer and closer to the 20's ... you go Girl :high: Kris oh my goodness, poor baby, that is negligence ... what if you all hadn't persisted what could have happened? I know it's over but my goodness some doctors are just crazy. When our second son was 3 we took him to the doctor because we thought he had a really really bad cold or the flu or something. The doctor told me to give him some Tylenol and bring him back in two days if he doesn't get better. Well going home me baby was just lifeless it seemed in his carseat so passing the hospital I decided bite the bullet suck up the cost and take him to the emergency room, they saw him immediately there was a doctor speaking to someone that saw us come in. My baby had pneumonia, he was admitted of course and put on breathing treatments. The doctor at the ER said he couldn't say anything bad about our pediatrician but if it were him he'd seek out another.

Joy I use to smoke also, I had given it up in 1997, but when life became rough I picked it back up early 1998. I only got to smoke a few cigarettes out of my pack when I found out that I was pregnant again. Quit didn't pick it up again until 2001, and finally quit altogether in 2003. I didn't smoke in my house either, one because of my children and also because my Moms house smelled awful also and the dinginess and the smell on you when you left was like you were smoking also. So I totally understand. I will say she would RESPECT my home totally and if she lit a cigarette she would be outdoors. I don't allow smoking in my home. There is nothing that would make me bend that rule. It isn't healthy for my children and you can't/won't do it. I didn't smoke around them so that is my reasoning. As far as the promise to her Mother about the grandsons I do understand but respect is respect. I have had so many people live with me when I was single and also in my married years. People are quick to take advantage of kindness. What all of them have taught me (family and friends) is that before they step over that threshold we need to know how long you plan to stay and what is expected of you. I don't care whether they have a job or not. If I leave you leave, when I'm working you need to be looking, no license I expect you to get on the computer, you will make an effort. The little time that you are here I expect you to save whatever monies you have. I won't ask for a penny unless I see that they are spending money foolishly. Then I will help them save (hold their money for them) if I can't because they don't want me to they have to leave by the end of the week. I have had people move in with me and quit their job. I have had people move in with me and because I ran a home daycare think they were going to just leave their children with me. I have had people move in with me alone and think because I have kids they can bring their children in. Nope that wasn't the agreement. I am by far NO pushover as you can tell. I don't think it's being mean but people are known to take kindness for weakness and smile at you and think they can do whatever they want because they are comfortable while making you uncomfortable. Not gonna happen here. I have a house full already :) I pray you have some peace soon :hug:

Ona good to hear from you. Looking for you here soon :hug:

Steph, how's the job search going? Hope all is well :hug:

Amanda where are you? Hope all is well :hug:

Well I am close to the 200 mark once again. I have been so tired this week it's not funny. I'm pooped out now, but I know I can't sleep all day. My eating has been as Kris said hit or miss. I actually do really well until I come home. I need to figure out some kind of way to organize my eating in the evening. It's been a long time since I have worked a 9-6 it's was 7-3 before so I had time to relax, plan and prepare but not now. (smh)

love2b150
02-09-2013, 01:03 PM
LOL Ona I see while I was typing my book :D you posted. Thank you ... You have been here for me all along and I appreciate you. We have each others backs and you are so right in saying ---> If I'm all sad and depressed, how can I be of any good to her? that is so true. And you know that goes with anything. We have to keep ourselves together (healthy) not just for ourselves but also so that we can be a light for the people around us :hug:

MamaP
02-10-2013, 12:35 PM

06: 233.4
07: 233.0
08: 233.8
09: 233.0
10: 231.8

Ona ~ I'm glad your mother is doing better. How scary.

Rennie ~ Doctors can be very frustrating at times. My boss likes to say "they call it practicing medicine for a reason." Sometimes we need to be persistent because we know when something is not right, especially with our babies. My daughter almost died after she was born and it took 10 days for me to convince the doctors that something wasn't right. She immediately started losing weight (and not just the normal weight chubby babies lose after birth). When they sent us home from the hospital she was down over a pound. She was lethargic, wouldn't hardly eat and all she wanted to do was sleep. It took at least 4 trips back to the doctor (military hospital) before I got a doctor that showed any concern - they all kept telling me I was a new mom and overly worried for nothing. She was admitted to the hospital at 10 days old (on a Monday) and testing showed she had e-coli and two other types of bacteria that they couldn't name. I later learned that a baby her same age had died over the weekend. Apparently my daughter's cord had been cut with something contaminated. She would have died if I hadn't been so persistent. I remember telling that doctor "don't tell me I'm crazy, don't tell me all new babies sleep a lot, don't tell me I'm a new mom and I'm being overly protective. I may be a new mom, but I'm not a first time mom. I know babies sleep a lot, but they wake up occasionally to eat!." She hardly ever woke up unless we woke her up. The entire time she would be nursing I would have to thump the bottoms of her feet (which were bruised from so much thumping). If I stopped thumping, she stopped eating and went to sleep. It was crazy.

Or, I could tell you about the time my doctor (for 9+ months) kept telling me there was nothing wrong with me (pressure in my ear, ringing, hearing loss in one ear) and it was just allergies. Every time I questioned his diagnoses he would get irritated. I can't remember how many times I saw him with the same complaints during that time period. With my insurance, I couldn't go anywhere else without a referral. I finally made him mad and he said "There is nothing wrong with you. It's all in your head. I'll send you to a ear, nose and throat doctor - let him figure it out." Well . . .he was partially right, it was in my head. I had a brain tumor. It was an acoustic neuroma, which is pretty rare, but I had classic symptoms. The ENT doc told me he knew exactly what he would find based on my first appointment and my symptoms. I had surgery to remove the tumor in December 1999. It was benign (no cancer), but had I not had it removed it would have just continued to grow causing more damage to my hearing, my facial nerve and because of where it was growing it eventually would have grown into the brain stem.

Gotta love doctors . . . especially the ones that think because they have a degree and you don't, that you don't know anything. Luckily I found a great doctor after that.

dangerouscurvesahead
02-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Gmornin ladies~
The friends left over this past weekend to go back home, hope things work out for them all. I've been busy running errands, paying bills, stocking canned goods and freezer back up. Our tax $$ came in this past weekend as well so it was good timing all around. I've been slacking in my work-outs n probably will be this week too as I want to get my home back in order, cleaned and aired out not to mention just some quiet alone time. My boy got his drivers license Friday so less taxi driving for me and a whole new set of issues lol aaahhh the joys of parenting and life!

MamaP
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM

11: 232.4

I really hope I can hit the 20s by next Monday. I'm sooooo close. Last week was rough with my grandson breaking his arm and all the hassle we had with getting his cast (and getting it cut off and then replaced) - I turned to chocolate a few too many times. Although I didn't gain, I think I would have had better losses if I had stayed on plan and drank more water.

OnaMi
02-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Thank you everybody :hug:

Weekend cravings was rough.I did go to the gym Sunday morning before Church and jogged this morning.So far so good today. visited Mother after joging this morning(took Breakfast).Figured i'd start going over early(until I'm strong again) and get out of there before the afternoons,I don't do good at her house in the evenings.Finally have some time to think and get my mindset together which feels great.

Steph7409
02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Ona, I'm glad your mom made it through. You're strong and I know you'll get through this latest trial.

Kris, it sounds like you're managing your stresses really well. Good for you!

Joy, it must be very scary when your child first starts driving on his own. Now that I'm old, 16 seems waaaay to young to be driving!

Rennie, I'm sure you'll adjust to your new schedule, Give yourself some time.

I've been having a tough time, feeling sad and anxious and just eating way too much. I worry that this is the beginning of my regaining all the weight I lost and it scares me silly. I'm hanging on, but just barely! I need to get back to the things that helped me - logging calories, participating here more, being more positive. I can't keep waiting for things like a new job (still hoping!) to make things magically better.

Here's wishing us all a good week!

love2b150
02-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Kris, we had Rissa hospitalized for the same thing 2 years ago, they found ecoli and something else they couldn't identify. But it was the doctor this time that admitted she didn't know what was wrong and the transported her to Richmond. When Chelle was born I noticed her abnormal breathing day two of her life, when they decided to check her out (correctly) they found that left clavicle was broken (had nothing to do with her breathing) and her blood counts were off. She stayed in the NICU for two weeks then I had an in home nurse for two weeks. So thank God for parents (people) that have the gut feeling to know and SAY something just isn't right. :)

Kris you're doing great ... I'm sure you'll see the 20's by Monday :high:

Joy "here's to you" :cheers: on getting your home back. I'm truly happy for you. LOL on your son getting his license. Our oldest son got his permit last month and I have attempted to take him driving 3 times and each time he has frustrated me as did I him, so Daddy will have to take him driving :D ...
I have to ask did you talk to her and that made her go home or did she decide on her own?

Ona you got this and you can do it :hug:

Thanks Steph :hug:, I'm with you all the way. I need to get back to what works also and I know that if I could just start walking again I would be doing better but I don't like the neighborhood we live in, the home we are in is too small to set up my treadmill, I'm too tired to go any place else like the track at Duke University and I can't afford a gym just yet ... so I feel like I am just in stall mode or I am just maintaining (smh) we'll get out of this funk soon :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
02-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Gmornin ladies~
Steph, my ds is 19. He finished hs before he could take drivers ed. n didn't want us spendinv $800.00 for him to take the class outside of school. Its odd but he doesn't/hasn't made me nervous at all. My dd on the other hand scares the bejeezus out of me just in our 1/3 mile long driveway! She turns 14 in april and def needs practice and I need prayers lol.
Rennie, I was all set for a lil chat the next a.m. n God was on my side n her hubby called n asked her to come n talk n well seems they r try and work things out.

MamaP
02-13-2013, 12:01 PM

11: 232.4
12: 231.6
13: 232.2 Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!

love2b150
02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Weight is down to 195.2 so that's a plus I hope it continues to go down.

I hope everyone has a great day. See you later :hug:

MamaP
02-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Bought my Easter dress today. I have 45 days to look fabulous in it. I bought one size too small - hopefully it will look good by Easter. Anyway . . . I love it.

OnaMi
02-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everybody :wave:

:wave: Rennie,you're doing great :carrot: fight on My friend :sumo: every little good choice we make moves us closer to where we want to be.

Hang in there Steph..I know it's rough,believe me.dig deep :sumo: Remember where you came from and just fight through those cravings.take one day.bit at a time,your mind will get clear again.we have control of what goes in our mouth and we are strong,no weapon(that eating Demon) form against us shall prosper :sumo: When I'm sad if i get out and just walk,get some fresh air,talk to God it really helps.

love the dress kris and the color,you look good in it all ready to me :) you're doing great!

I'm taking one day at a time here.Had a good day yesterday,no bad carbs :carrot: and even looked at the cookies i like in the store the other day and didn't buy them :carrot:
Had a good ex-fit class yesterday,After that.. a good day of just being home...getting my thoughts together and just relaxing...Felt really good.My mind is getting stronger and just taking baby steps back to making good choices w/food.
Almost back to wanting to count my calories again so that's a good thing.
Going to the gym now for an hour and will fight to just make today a good choice eating day.

Have a great day everybody :grouphug:

MamaP
02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I am not happy today . . . Ugh.

The scale is up almost 5 lbs in 2 days (Wednesday morning I was 231.6, Thursday 235.2, today 236.4). I feel so bloated and swollen. My hands are swollen, my belly feels swollen. Ugh. I haven't had a green smoothie (or any smoothie) since Tuesday morning - I wonder if that has anything to do with this. I have had more carbs and sodium than usual but don't think I've gone over calories by much, if any. So annoying. (TMI warning - I haven't had a good "movement" in a few days or more either). I thought sure I would hit the 20s by Monday - ha ha. The next 3 days I need to drink lots of water, lots of green smoothies and have very little carbs.

MamaP
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
love the dress kris and the color,you look good in it all ready to me :) you're doing great!

Thank you. I really like it too.

love2b150
02-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Kris cute dress. You have it on in the picture right? It doesn't look bad. And good for you on getting in it. :high: If I attempt to try on something one size small it would never get on me. :) It could be the lacking of the smoothie's ... I've heard they are supposed to help with weight loss. Try to get your water in today so you can flush out what ever is going on. Hope you go to the bathroom soon, maybe the smoothie will help with that also, just a thought :hug:

Thanks Ona for your encouragement :) Ona love your enthusiasm as always. Good for you on getting things back together so quickly :)

The scale is up for me to 196.6. We went to Golden Corral yesterday, had an early birthday celebration with the family since my Mom is here. I didn't do to bad. My poor choices were the mac n cheese and two of their yeast rolls, I love them :drool:

I've been overly tired here lately and I really don't know what to do about it. When I'm sleeping at night I must not be resting well because I awake tired. Then through out the day if I don't keep moving I am just beat. I've also been having headaches quite often which is so unlike me. Could the lack of good rest be the cause of the headaches. idk

love2b150
02-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Joy that's great for you and your friend. :) I pray that all is well (or at least getting there for she and her husband). LOL on your daughters driving. My son scares me also, but he says I really make him nervous. I'm not sure why though. My daughter said when I use to take her out to practice I made her nervous also. They both say it is easier to do things with Daddy (go figure).

Mrs. Joy where are you??? Hope everything is well and you are getting back to your routine :hug:

Amanda checking on you also! Hope all is well. Has your run come up yet?

OnaMi
02-18-2013, 06:58 PM
It could be Rennie.Hope you can figure it all out soon and can get some good rest :hug: Glad you guys had a nice time.yah..you didn't do bad at all,great job :carrot: every little good choice or staying aware of certain situations is a step in the right direction!

Thank you :)..I take one step forward and 2 steps back it seems :dizzy: Looks like all I can do right these days is exercise.Just have to keep on fighting... fighting these carving and fight to stick with what i know works...eventually I'll be able to string a couple of good days together.As long as we keep the desire to eat healthy,remember where we came from,what works..everything will fall into place.

So far, today has been a good days :crossed: had to fight though on my way home from the gym this morning..sigh..Just made my pound cake in a mug for a treat later so hopefully I'll make it :crossed:

Have to take Mother to the Doctor tomorrow.Cooking up some food to take which will help and Plan to just keep thinking about the treat I'm going to make when i get home.

OnaMi
02-19-2013, 08:47 AM
:wave: everybody

Woke up this morning with a good mindset :carrot: Sore from yesterday's exercise so no exercise today. Had a good eating day yesterday.Have my plan for today and hopefully.. keeping my mind focused on the treat I have planned for tonight will help me fight off some cravings and make it a good day :crossed: Just.. must keep looking for answers and ways to get back to a solid mindset Way of Eating.

Sending good strength to everyone :grouphug:

dangerouscurvesahead
02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Gmorning ladies n ltnc!
I am still here altho past few days have been yucky as I came down with a nasty stomach bug Wednesday evening which had me on the toilet with trashcan in lap for bout 12hr
and up until lasnite very weak n tired. So much for taking last week off from gym to get early start on my spring cleaning since my ds can drive now ugh! On the up side I did get my yard and flowerbeds cleaned up n ready for spring planting n spreading bug killers n such and got my fridge n freezer all sparkly n fresh before the bug got me. My dd got the bug Friday nite but of course she recooped a lot faster than I did which was a blessing as I bafely had energy to tend to me let alone her but we managed tween the 2 of us purdy good lol. Took my dogs for the 1st walk in almost 2wks yesterday they were tickled n happy I'm headed back to the gym today n wanted to get my brain n body ready for sweat again slowly lol.

dangerouscurvesahead
02-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Ok well on the up side... I haven't gained any weight in the past 2 wks, haven't lost any BUT looking for the positve is no gain n ill take it! I got a full work out in today, it felt great but I know ill sleep like a baby tonite n sore for tabata class 2maro but its all good I'm hoping to get back onto a schedule as I can focus better with one.

dangerouscurvesahead
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Hello Ladies~
Well, actually made 2 days in a row of working out this week so far but not sure if i will 2maro or wait and go back friday... and here's where my trouble begins, you see before my son got his license i HAD to go out so it made sense for me to go everyday since the gym is right across the highway from his school instead of running back and forth which is 30 minutes both ways (home and back) and NOW he can take himself and it's not necessary for me to even have to go. My brain needs structure and schedules to keep me focused and on task and i'm well aware of this so now i need to figure out a schedule that gives me a reason to go faithfully especially once he gets his truck on the road and not using my car anymore (which i dont mind at all, just clarifying my dilemma). i know i need this and i do so love the changes my body is going thru with my work-outs and strength training and such and that should be enough reason right there to keep me focused and on task or so you would think. Hope everyone is doing well and having better progress than i have been lately.

OnaMi
02-21-2013, 06:14 AM
You seem to have figured it out Joy.You like the way you look and feel so that's motivation enough to get to that gym :) we just have to keep on fighting.you'll work it all out :)

Had a good day the other day! yesterday started out great and ended badly..sigh.. This Must stop!!! I'm going to start counting my calories again as of today :sumo: on my good days, when I follow my plan, I know I do good but maybe,for those other days, if i see those calorie numbers going up that will help stop me from just eating to eat.Just must keep looking for ways to stop the madness.Hopefully counting again will help me mentally not over eat!!! This has been a bad Month for sure.

dangerouscurvesahead
02-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Gmornin ladies~
Well didn't go to the gym today, I decided to stay home and open the house up and clean house and then go for a walk outside since its suppose to be thelast sunny day for the next 5 days or so.
Ona~ thanx for the encouragement and I agree this has deffinitely been a rough and not so productive month for me either but on the up side I've been more productive and active than this time last year! Gotta always try to find that silver lining!

OnaMi
02-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Going for a walk was great Joy :cp: that's how I lost most of my weight..that and jogging. The gym is fine but nothing like being out in the fresh air :) and you clean today too..you were on the ball :high: You're doing great! Every little change we make towards a healthier lifestyle will pay off for sure.

I made it :carrot: counted every single thing that went into my mouth for a change !!! the mindset of not wanting to go over a certain amount came back and it help mentality to not over eat.I was still satisfied and wasn't hungry..started realizing when i just wanted to eat to eat.Felt great and just like old times!! amazing how someone can lose site of things.I live to fight another day!

OnaMi
02-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Thinking of ya'll.. Rennie,mamaP,Steph and aka.Hope all is well :hug:

dangerouscurvesahead
02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
TGIF ladies n gmornin~
Well its Friday and ill b going 2 the gym today and getting a full work-out in since the weekend weather isn't going to allow me any outside activities ugh.
Ona, I do believe uve made a very good point come to my attention... altho I have been eating healthy and making good choices I have slacked in my calorie counting and just eyeballing and guesstimating. I need to get back to the tracking and being diligent so that my weight loss gets back into a slow steady pace and with my new android fone it would b easier than b4 since I wouldn't have to carry my book around n just use an app. Hope u ladies had a good week and ur weekend will b even better!

OnaMi
02-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Good Morning Everybody :wave:

Hope you were able to get to the gym yesterday Joy hope the weather isn't too bad for ya this weekend.Having a tool like your andriod is awesome! Go for it :carrot: I'm sure it will make a big difference.I've always written everything down in a book :lol: never got w/these new age things :o and being sine I mostly eat the same things all the time,it's not so bad :)
I know,it's just something about "seeing it" written down somewhere or Just "doing It" that makes a big difference to me.
When I started back counting again and was going to see if a could fit some crackers i liked into my day,I looked at the calorie count in them,the carbs and automatically put them down.
Before i started back counting I'd just eat them,thinking that they weren't so bad since they were all I was having for dinner.. think nothing about or even looking @ how many carbs they had.
And to think i was eating more that one pack..sigh..totally insane!

Just read one of the quotes I get daily aand wanted to share..

Quote of the Day
"When you have a great and difficult task, something perhaps almost impossible, if you only work a little at a time, every day a little, suddenly the work will finish itself."
– Isak Dinesen

If I just keep working, my mindset about eating healthy will get back to where it was and it's been 2 days now already :carrot: I'm feeling more in control and Yesterday was awesome.Thinking good thoughts for today.

love2b150
02-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Ona and Joy I wrote a book to the two of you and lost it :(

I'm glad to see both of you have found your nitch and got your mo-jo back. Great job to the both of you.

Joy sorry about the stomach bug you and your daughter had, glad you are feeling better :hug ... and thanks for the reminder that there is a silver lining to our days, we can't beat ourselves up because tomorrow is a new day :)

Ona walking did it for me also, as well as counting calories ... I so wish I could do it all as easily as before. :) Ona I'm proud of you :high: for Saturday :) Love your excitement so encouraging :)

I'm still here. I honestly don't feel like there is enough time for anything. So many things to do and so little time especially when I'm always tired. I'll tell you, I could easily come home every day, talk to the kids, check homework, shower, then go to bed and not wake up hopefully until morning. My body doesn't allow me to do that however. If I went to sleep around 7:30 - 8pm I would be up in 6 hours or less wide awake. (smh) then the sleepy, tired cycle would repeat itself. :( My weight has been 197 point something until today it was 196.8. I don't think I'll have a loss for this month at all.The focus isn't there at all (being honest). I do think about what I eat but most of the time I am just rushing to make my lunch and dinner is what ever I have the boys cook. Not totally unhealthy but not what I use to take time to prepare for myself either ... I drive pass a gym going to and from work that I want to go check out. It's only $17 a month and since I only want to use the treadmill to do my 3 mile walk anyway I think it's worth it. Until we prayerfully move in June and I can set up my treadmill (so that makes me think of it as a waste). Confused I know :dizzy: What do you all think? The good thing would be that I don't eat crazy after exercise because I refuse to waste all of my hard energy on crappy foods. :)

Kris, Amanda and Steph ... I've come out of where ever I've been :D Where are you?

Kris got anymore good recipes? And what is the name of that protein powder you use again?

Amanda have you done your run yet?

Steph how's the career search going?

dangerouscurvesahead
02-26-2013, 01:43 PM
It's a chilly, cloudy, rainy tuesday and I'm home with a nasty sore throat and headache! Had to take my dd to e.r. Friday afternoon for high fever, sore throat, headache. She has a throat infection and the flu the poor girl looked like a train wreck but seems to be recooping fast and apparently it's my turn yet again as well. Seems once bugs start going around they are just back to back yucks! Did get my tabata class in yesterday and added a 3rd set to my strength training and can def tell I've been slacking in the exercise department this past month. Oh well sometimrs life happens and just take it day to fay. Job hunting hasn't been going so well but I am at least getting my name back out in the circuit and the economy being what it is I didn't expect anything to happen over night so just say a lil prayer that the right job comes along plz.
Rennie- glad to see you, I think winter just slows everything down and puts everyone in some sort of flux or another so hopefully we will all start to get better frames of mind soon!

dangerouscurvesahead
02-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Gmorning ladies~
Its pose to b 60 n sunny today n that would b just fine with me! My throat is still giving me a fit but I think if I could just get some fresh air in me and get the house opened up mpre often it would really help. Not gonna go to the gym this a.m. cuz I've gotta pick the girls up from track practice so ill try n leave early n get a work-out in before hand depending on how I feel. Have a good day y'all!

OnaMi
02-28-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm glad this is the last day of this Month cause it's been rough.Going into next month w/a much better mindset after learning about myself w/food.Forever learning how to make a healthy way of eating a lifestyle.

dangerouscurvesahead
02-28-2013, 12:42 PM
finally figured out what I've been doing wrong and was so excited I had to share!

love2b150
03-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Ladies I apologize, the last 3 days have been more than I want to deal with :( here is the new thread below

I didn't lose anything for February. I actually gained a pound and TOM is appearing early this month. Maybe it's stress. :( See you on the new thread :hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/276823-nova-ladies-friends-march-ing-into-new-season-check.html#post4652963

love2b150
03-03-2013, 02:04 AM
LOL Joy I am sure hoping for a better month weight wise. I am gonna use 197.6 as my start for March. See you other there. :D

Ona you're gonna do great in March since you got your mo-jo bacl :D

Link for the March thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/276823-nova-ladies-friends-march-ing-into-new-season-check.html#post4652963