Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 08:51 AM   #1  

Talking Thrilling Thursday!

Ok, it's really not that thrilling, but lets pretend it is!

Just here starting the thread, going to be another hellish day at work....except I get to leave "early" (on time) and go to my kickball game today! Wohoo! Be back to post more later.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:07 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning Lexxy and everyone about to post!

Sorry I haven't been around the last couple of days, I was out of the office doing some stuff for our secretary. It was pretty uneventful, but it was nice to get out of here. And thank you to Lexxy for starting the Day By Day Challenge threads.

My eating has been terrible. But, I have worked out twice this week, am going to the Y over lunch with a lady from work, and will probably work out again after work.

I don't know much else right now, there hasn't been much going on. I went out to the bar last night with my sister and had a couple beers, played a game of pool, and went home. Nothing too exciting.

I'll be back later to read when more people have posted!!
Old 05-08-2003, 09:58 AM   #3  
Cockeyed Optimist

Ugh! I do not like myself very much right now. Yesterday, I made bad food choices and snacked all day. Then last night even though I wasn't hungry, I ate like a totally piglet, massive binge to the point where my stomach hurt. I woke up at night still uncomfortable. And of course, I'm always starving the morning after a big meal, so I had a bagel the size of my head with full fat cream cheese for breakfast. And since I stayed at CB's (can't pack food) and am working both jobs, I have no choice but to eat lunch and supper out.

I guess I'll make the healthiest choices I can, push the water, and start all over tomorrow.

I really wish I could figure out why I do this to myself. I wish I was one of those people who just eats when they are hungry and stops when they aren't. Somehow, my wiring got screwed up - I eat when I'm bored, or sad, or happy and having fun. I eat to satisfy cravings or emotions and very rarely hunger.

Alright, enough whining.

Lexxy - have fun at kickball.
Jess - good job on the working out - you go girl!

Morning to everyone else.

Laura
Old 05-08-2003, 10:10 AM   #4  

Laura

I completely understand, I am the same way! I have such a "I don't care what I eat" attitude lately, and then I put on the dreaded tight pants and there is only myself to blame for not fitting into them. Sad. I just hope my motivation finds me soon!

I am going to eat sensibly today and try to get out for a couple walks, if I take this slow, I know I can get back into the swing of things. Hang in there Jess and Laura! We can do this!!

Good morning everyone else! I am still trying to finish my 5 page paper, but the ambition after finishing the big 10 page one has diminished. It has to be turned in by next Wednesday. I really want to get it done by the weekend.

This weekend will be good for exercising. We are cleaning out our 3 car garage and painting the whole inside, then putting up shelves to stack our garage stuff on. It will be a good job done. I still have tons of rose buses and flowers to plant, but we have had two weeks of thunderstorms and it isn't letting up anytime soon, so I don't know when it will get done.

Well, better get back at it, BBIAB!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:25 AM   #5  

I've slightly fell off the wagon myself here. I haven't exercised yesterday or this morning, won't be able to tonight, may be going out of town Sat and Sun...exercise and sleep seem to be the 2 things I can cut from my schedule. I'm not going to be able to take the day off tht I had planned either - was told by my boss last night at like 6 that all of a sudden we have to work as many hours as possible until May 20. Grrrr...so I was all stressed out last night because I had planned to take monday off and go to the beach sat-mon. Now I think I may still go sat-sun, even though it's a 3 hour drive each way. I was supposed to come into the office on Sat, but I told my boss this morning that I just couldn't do it. I have a friend coming into town tonight too (not staying with me luckily), so everything's just nuts. Of course last night all I wanted to do was eat. As soon as I started to get pissed, my immediate urge was to go get chocolate. I did manage to contain things, but still overate last night - and didn't do my strength training.

Laura, I wish i was one of those people too - but I don't think any of us would need to be here if we were (unfortunately). I honestly don't know if there's ever going to be a time in my life where this isn't going to be a struggle. Yes, I was totally OP for a week, but now I can see myself slowly slipping more each day. Maybe when I'm like 70 years old I'll just let go and not care about my weight, and then all this won't be an issue...but until then....

My eating off plan really has nothing to do with hunger. Anyway, coming here and reading and responding to posts helps me to stay on track, even though it's so tempting to just lurk when I'm totally off track.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:45 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lexxy - I think that is part of my problem - I don't want this to be a struggle - I want it to be something natural, something that is 2nd nature to me - something that will probably never happen!

Tonya - I'm jealous of you getting your garage organized. That is my next big summer project for the house. My garage is a pit! Any advice on good organizing strategies/products?

Having trouble with my home phone. I can't get a dial tone at home and if I call the number from work I get someone else's answering machine. Have to run home on my lunch hour to mess with the outside box (per phone co.) which means a long lunch hour which means leaving for 2nd job late which means driving like crazy to be on time. I hate being rushed....especially when I wasn't in the best mood to begin with!

Plus my patio still hasn't been installed. First he was supposed to be there Monday, then yesterday - still nothing. If he isn't there when I get home at lunch, I guess I'll have to call and have a chat about that too.

Just ignore my negative attitude today - I'll be over it tomorrow.

Laura
Old 05-08-2003, 12:13 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hiya Gals!

How is everyone today? I made out pretty good yesterday. I even managed to bank some points for the weekend I have today all planned out & so I should be rockin'! I'm off to work shortly & then when I get home I have a ton of cleaning to do before my Mom comes this weekend.

Laura, I hope that your day turns out better. Sounds like you're having "one of those days". Don't be too down on yourself.

Lexxy, Hope you get your exercise caught up.

Tonya, Have fun with your big project this weekend. Did you ever post pics of your new house now that its finished? I'd like to see.

Jess Glad to hear you're exercising That's half the battle.

Anyway gotta run! Have a good day ladies!
Old 05-08-2003, 12:33 PM   #8  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi girlies. It's my busy day, so not much time for posting. I am so proud of all of you girls, though...do you know how much knowledge and experience it takes to even know if we are making the right or wrong food choices, or to know that we are eating for emotional reasons rather than physiological hunger? The behavior identification is the most difficult part, and you've all got that with flying colors. I also know that each one of you girls are really good about climbing right back on that wagon after a tumble off. I admire you all for how far you've come, and I know you'll go still much futher. That's your daily cheer/encouragement!!!

TTFN
Old 05-08-2003, 12:57 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

OK, I'm posting quick cause I have totally cool news. This morning, I tried on "the dreaded blue jeans" and...THEY FIT!!!!! I'm over the moon. I wore them to work and I can even sit down in them without discomfort! I have set a new goal of 185 but I think I will stick to my Canada day goal of last year's thin pants instead. The pants goals are working great for me.
Quick hi's to everyone.
Belle - Just smile and nod and know you are being the better person and then when your grandma goes, you never have to see her again. If she hits you...threaten to lay charges. Grown ups don't hit each other. Maybe she'll think twice the next time. (of course maybe she'll just tell the whole family that it was your fault in the first place, ahh family.)
Jayne - great observation, we rock. We know what we're supposed to eat and when, we can rise to the challenge of actually doing that next.
Rina - My reality TV mate. Are you watching Survivor this go?
Laura - We all have bad days. I hope you figure everything out with the phone.
Lexxy - don't lurk! We're here to tell you to get back on that wagon. You CAN do it. And you will.
Tonya - doesn't sound like fun to clean the garage but sure sounds like a great workout. Good luck on those papers.
Jess - you worked out twice! Good for you. That's twice more than me. Keep up the good work.

OK, I have to go get some stuff done. I'll be back.
KT
Old 05-08-2003, 01:29 PM   #10  

Jayne! You are so right on with those words of encouragement.

Belle, good luck this weekend...threaten to sit on her if she makes any fat comments (or tries to hit you! - that's nuts)

KT, awesome on the jeans!! I have been missing survivor the last few weeks because of kickball - keep me posted!

I went and bought 2 more pairs of shoes on my lunch break....added to the 3 pairs I bought on Sunday. And I can still think of a few "necesities." No, I don't have a problem!
Old 05-08-2003, 02:32 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

I'm going to have to post quickly, but I had to do a little vent.

I've been at my job two months, right? So I've been trying to keep my mouth shut and listen and all that stuff. Well, there's been an extreme amount of drama -- the only way to describe it -- on my reporting team lately. Frankly, I think that's why I've been having these headaches. During a team meeting today, when an issue had been talked to death and someone was still bringing up old things and just complaining incessantly, I finally could not keep my mouth shut anymore and told them all they needed to get along starting now because I was tired of having headaches that I never had before.

Hey, it ended the discussion. I also made some nice little suggestions about communication, etc., and afterward my editor thanked me, so it's all good.

I need to be working in a place that doesn't stress me out. Jeez, I've been covering murders and other mayhem for eight years and it's the office infighting that gets me the more stressed out!
Old 05-08-2003, 02:32 PM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Awww - Jayne - you always have the perfect thing to say. Thank you.

KT - congratulations! What a great feeling. You enjoy those jeans!

Well, things are looking a bit up. My phone doesn't work from a test jack on the outside of the house so it should be a phone company problem instead of an internal wiring problem. Also discovered that they've finally started work on my patio.

Woo-hoo.

Laura
Old 05-08-2003, 04:21 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Kim - You go girl!! Sometimes it just takes someone stirring up the pot a bit to get some changes going. I hope it worked.
Laura - About time on the patio. The guy didn't cut a line or something when he started to work on your patio did he?
KT
PS - my pub plans have been cancelled so it will be really easy to avoid the tempting pub food. I think I will treat myself to a homemade caesar salad and maybe even get in my exercise.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:44 PM   #14  
Canadian Chick

Jayne thanks so much for the super positive remarks. People like you make this forum great!

KT, I just finished watching Survivor 7 am thrilled that Heidi is gondo! She is such a super witch. I can't believe she's a teacher. I wouldn't want her as a role model for any kids I know! I hope Butch wins. Guess we'll find out Sunday. I'm super excited b/c I just saw an ad for Amazing Race starting agin May 29th! That is my ultimate super fave reality show! Can't wait!

Laura, glad to hear something good happened today. How long will it take for your patio? Are you planning a backyard party when its done?

Kim, good for you for daring to say what needed to be said! Hopefully your headaches will ease up some. Have you tried a therapeutic massage?

Lexxy, I'm a recovered shoe-aholic. When I started dating DH i had forty pairs of shoes! Now he has me down to five!

Does anyone know how many points chocolate covered almonds are? A little boy came buy & DH bought some. I had 12 of them I know refular almonds are 4 points for 22 nuts but no idea with chocolate ones! If you can help me out that would be great. I tried Dottie's but couldn't find it there. Anyway I'm going to go watch the rest of the hockey game & try to relax. Today has been an extremely stressful day with my brother. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Have a good night everyone!
Closed Thread