Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/29/3012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/29/3012

lisa32989
01-29-2013, 06:02 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dolemite
01-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Good Morning! Going on day 6 of bouncing off the walls! The folks at work must think I am NUTS! Who am I kidding, I am! :devil:

So I tried several of the different search methods and came up empty. Anyone got any IP phase one friendly Veal Cutlet recipes? Wife and I are going to try veal this week and have never done so before.

LizRR
01-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Howdy IPeeps! Feeling good after a morning 6.5-mile run and getting ready to start the day feeling great! Great updates from yesterday, i am a day late these days ..

Dinie89
01-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Today is WI -cant wait for this afternoon -- getting really comfortable with ip and having fun with packages -- today is pupping cakes =)

star19600
01-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Good luck on WI tomorrow Dinie89!

Good morning! Planning out my meals for today - I weigh in tomorrow so that's when I'll buy my food. Down to the foods I'm not so fond of right now.

My office doesn't let us buy partial packs so I'm nervous to try too much that's new - $28 down the drain if I don't like it! And there was quite a bit in that first week's starter pack that I didn't like.

auroragrl
01-29-2013, 08:07 AM
Have a great day everyone!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Good Morning! Going on day 6 of bouncing off the walls! The folks at work must think I am NUTS! Who am I kidding, I am! :devil:

So I tried several of the different search methods and came up empty. Anyone got any IP phase one friendly Veal Cutlet recipes? Wife and I are going to try veal this week and have never done so before.

I've never had veal in my life, but I used the crispy cereal to coat filet of sole on Christmas Eve.

I separated the cereal pieces from the milk powder, crushed them up, added sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and a little cayenne pepper. Dipped the fish in egg whites then baked until flakey.

I would think that would work for veal also.

I put the milk powder in my chocolate shake later since it contains protein too.

ETA: The "bouncing off the walls" will pass...you have ketosis to thank for that! Your body will learn to be more efficient with the ketones; you'll still have energy but not in that same intense way as right now.

ragdoll74
01-29-2013, 08:41 AM

I don't have a recipe for that but what I typically do is find a recipe online that is rated high and modify it for IP.

For this recipe you can substitute zuchini pasta if you have a spiralizer, or just skip the pasta part of the recipe altogether. Don't use the parmigiano, butter, wine or flour. If you want the cutlet to be breaded substitute the flour with one of the savory snacks that you crush up.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/veal-piccata-with-angel-hair-and-parmigiana-reggiano-recipe/index.html

Hope this helps!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM
Good morning to all,
It's a snowy mess here this morning, so I have less time to read through this morning before I leave for work. I wish everyone a wonderful day OP. To those IPeeps in warm climates...I envy you all!

usmcvet
01-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Howdy IPeeps! Feeling good after a morning 6.5-mile run and getting ready to start the day feeling great! Great updates from yesterday, i am a day late these days .. Go get them Liz!

Today is WI -cant wait for this afternoon -- getting really comfortable with ip and having fun with packages -- today is pupping cakes =)

Having fun is important, keeps us from getting bored.

Have a great day everyone.

lisa32989
01-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Good luck on WI tomorrow Dinie89!

Good morning! Planning out my meals for today - I weigh in tomorrow so that's when I'll buy my food. Down to the foods I'm not so fond of right now.

My office doesn't let us buy partial packs so I'm nervous to try too much that's new - $28 down the drain if I don't like it! And there was quite a bit in that first week's starter pack that I didn't like.

If you end up with something you don't like, you can either trade here (just vump the trade thread bak up) or ask your clinic to set up a trade basket.

Cheekyskeeter
01-29-2013, 09:01 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone! Made it into work extra early today so was able to catch up on what I missed yesterday (stayed home due to weather). I'm loving IP especially now that my energy is on the up swing! I love that it's so easy to follow and I'm not hungry. I'm happy to say that I've stayed completing OP since starting almost 3 weeks ago and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I have bought a couple of different IP foods that I don't like but I don't really mind having the same things every day so I'm going to stick to what I know I like. I can't wait until I'm allowed to start running again. I got into it late summer last year which is how I lost my first 17 lbs and even did a 5K race the week after my wedding in October but then had to stop due to a minor injury and then decided that running wasn't going to be enough that I needed to change my eating habits as well so...here I am happier then ever.

A1Texan
01-29-2013, 09:06 AM
After reading another thread, I'm dropping my 4th IP down to 3. Maybe that will be a trigger for a "Whoosh" :D

Cheekyskeeter
01-29-2013, 09:19 AM
I was told I could have a 4th IP the first few days if I needed it....which I only did the first day.

Ali Williams
01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
I am really having a tough day. I am on my 26th day and until today I have had a pretty nice ride with little hunger and lots of energy but today is like a brick wall. Not only do I feel really tired but I am a nauseas too. I can usually drink 2 liters of water by the end of lunch but drinking water today is not good, not good at all. I took my potassium and even licked salt to see if that would help. I just feel rotten. I am coming very close to my TOM so there's that but it’s not something that has ever caused nausea. Hopefully this super tired dragging feeling will pass but right now I feel so gross. I think I have noticed that some people have tired experiences in their 4th week so if it’s normal, I am hoping it passes really fast.

Thanks everyone!

Ali

**Scorbett, thanks for the information on my chicken soup disaster yesterday! ;-)

candowilldo
01-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Day one of the 50 day OP challenge. I also signed up to my fitness pal to help me track my food. All good. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do a Pilates class for one hour so I am having an extra unrestricted pack before this class begins, sometimes after it ends. Does that sound right? I'm not using a coach. It's lashing rain here, washed all the snow away. Have a good day everyone.

A1Texan
01-29-2013, 09:38 AM
I was told I could have a 4th IP the first few days if I needed it....which I only did the first day.
I was told to have the 4th pack mid morning but don't remember ever being told that it was just for the first week. So I have been having a 4th IP for 7 weeks now. So that is why I'm going to phase off of it down to just 3.

btw - Cute puppy in your profile picture :)

plaintruth
01-29-2013, 09:57 AM
I just feel rotten. I am coming very close to my TOM so there's that but itís not something that has ever caused nausea. Hopefully this super tired dragging feeling will pass but right now I feel so gross.

It could be the TOM supercharged with the estrogen that has been released due to weightloss. Those hormonal headaches with nausea are a pain. I'm normally okay but on this diet and first few TOM post kids I've had that super yucky feeling too. Tylenol didn't touch it, but ibuprofen helped a lot.

Feel better :)

Cheekyskeeter
01-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I was told to have the 4th pack mid morning but don't remember ever being told that it was just for the first week. So I have been having a 4th IP for 7 weeks now. So that is why I'm going to phase off of it down to just 3.

btw - Cute puppy in your profile picture :)

Thank you! That's my Lucy who I took in as a rescue last year.

I have my first IP (shake usually) for breakfast and then mid morning have my lunch time IP (bar usually), salad with veggies for lunch and then late afternoon I have my night time snack (love the chocolate premade pudding) which holds my hunger off until I have my dinner. I found initially I was having to force myself to have that 3rd IP in the evening as I'm not one to normally snack at night. This way I'm splitting up my 'meals' into 5 times during the day which has really helped to curb my hunger. :)

A1Texan
01-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Thank you! That's my Lucy who I took in as a rescue last year.

I have my first IP (shake usually) for breakfast and then mid morning have my lunch time IP (bar usually), salad with veggies for lunch and then late afternoon I have my night time snack (love the chocolate premade pudding) which holds my hunger off until I have my dinner. I found initially I was having to force myself to have that 3rd IP in the evening as I'm not one to normally snack at night. This way I'm splitting up my 'meals' into 5 times during the day which has really helped to curb my hunger. :)
I've been having one at 7 am, 10 am, 4 pm and 9 pm. My coach told me to have one late in the evening so the protein would help replenish any muscle loss over the evening. I think I'll delete the 10 am IP starting today to see how that helps. I really enjoy my evening IP Shake. I make it with an EAS vanilla RTD, strawberry syrup WF and ice all put into a blender...makes a great snack.

I have two rescue boxers and love every minute of their personalities :)

Cheekyskeeter
01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
She's actually an Olde English Bulldog but I also have a Boxer who is a doll....and a Boston Terrier too (I seem to have a thing for brindle and white dogs lol).

Hmmm adding ice to the shake sounds good. I haven't been too creative with my IP foods yet. I will have to 'shake' things up a bit I think.

A1Texan
01-29-2013, 10:23 AM
She's actually an Olde English Bulldog but I also have a Boxer who is a doll....and a Boston Terrier too (I seem to have a thing for brindle and white dogs lol).

Hmmm adding ice to the shake sounds good. I haven't been too creative with my IP foods yet. I will have to 'shake' things up a bit I think.
I also add a packet of sweeter in there sometimes as well as Carmel WF. It makes me think I'm having ice cream :)

mparker
01-29-2013, 11:34 AM
WI Today...... Overall I feel I have had a good week, but my scales hasn't moved in 3 days. :?:

jmuroff1
01-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Scale is finally moving...not official but im at 163.8! official weigh in is on friday...im out of food so i got some EAS drinks due to finances this week lol. Discovered Rutabaga last night....and im in love!!!!! tasted like potatoes!! i roasted them in the oven with EVOO, salt, and all seasoning and it was delicious!! The store by me sells them cubed so im set for some time! :-D

LizJazz
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
I've been having one at 7 am, 10 am, 4 pm and 9 pm. My coach told me to have one late in the evening so the protein would help replenish any muscle loss over the evening. I think I'll delete the 10 am IP starting today to see how that helps. I really enjoy my evening IP Shake. I make it with an EAS vanilla RTD, strawberry syrup WF and ice all put into a blender...makes a great snack.

I have two rescue boxers and love every minute of their personalities :)

I'm jut curious why you all are having 4 packs a day?? I'm still starving on week 2 and wondering if I should add another packet.

M35A2
01-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Wife's 1st WI was this morning. I was a little worried as this is just the start of Day 5 and she's been saying she felt like she had gained weight. I didn't want her getting discouraged right off the bat. Good news is she was down 3.5 after only 4 full days on the program! Now I'm itching for my 1st WI which isn't until Friday.

M35A2
01-29-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm jut curious why you all are having 4 packs a day?? I'm still starving on week 2 and wondering if I should add another packet.

Our coach said to add a 4th pack the 1st week or 2 if you were still hungry (she also said you could add more veggies). You might try contacting yours just to check but it sounds pretty universal from what I've been seeing.

Melanchu
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
@Lisa32989 Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday. Iím really not sure why she wonít let me have any restricted my friends who are on the diet got them in the first week but when I ask her about it she just says ďnot yetĒ she told me I could try them next week so weíll see. Youíre definitely right Iím a paying customer but I guess because sheís made them seem just as restricted as a bread and butter at the moment Iím embarrassed to ask because I donít want to make it seem like I have no self control....

Dinie89
01-29-2013, 12:52 PM
I am really having a tough day. I am on my 26th day and until today I have had a pretty nice ride with little hunger and lots of energy but today is like a brick wall. Not only do I feel really tired but I am a nauseas too. I can usually drink 2 liters of water by the end of lunch but drinking water today is not good, not good at all. I took my potassium and even licked salt to see if that would help. I just feel rotten. I am coming very close to my TOM so there's that but itís not something that has ever caused nausea. Hopefully this super tired dragging feeling will pass but right now I feel so gross. I think I have noticed that some people have tired experiences in their 4th week so if itís normal, I am hoping it passes really fast.

Thanks everyone!

Ali

**Scorbett, thanks for the information on my chicken soup disaster yesterday! ;-)

I just experienced this feeling Sunday - never have before was extremely strange - I am assuming utsmy TOM since it started yesterday

sahmmommy2
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM

Make use of the freebies and drink all your water.

LizJazz
01-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Our coach said to add a 4th pack the 1st week or 2 if you were still hungry (she also said you could add more veggies). You might try contacting yours just to check but it sounds pretty universal from what I've been seeing.

Good to know. Unfortunately my "coach" isn't very helpful.
Thankfully, I am learning so much from the people here.

Alma4343
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Good Morning everyone! I have not been here in a while as I was out for a ski vacation. It was lots of fun. Now, back to the old grind. I am not caught up with posts yet, but looks like everyone is plugging along.

I am really having a tough day. I am on my 26th day and until today I have had a pretty nice ride with little hunger and lots of energy but today is like a brick wall. Not only do I feel really tired but I am a nauseas too. I can usually drink 2 liters of water by the end of lunch but drinking water today is not good, not good at all. I took my potassium and even licked salt to see if that would help. I just feel rotten. I am coming very close to my TOM so there's that but itís not something that has ever caused nausea. Hopefully this super tired dragging feeling will pass but right now I feel so gross. I think I have noticed that some people have tired experiences in their 4th week so if itís normal, I am hoping it passes really fast.

Thanks everyone!

Ali

Hello Ali, This happened to me around week 4 too. I felt so fatigued. It passed.

Wife's 1st WI was this morning. I was a little worried as this is just the start of Day 5 and she's been saying she felt like she had gained weight. I didn't want her getting discouraged right off the bat. Good news is she was down 3.5 after only 4 full days on the program! Now I'm itching for my 1st WI which isn't until Friday.

Congratulations on your wife's weight loss. So great you have a partner to help you out.:carrot:

my31rewards
01-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Feeling great today - co-workers are commenting about my pants looking loose!

One question: I've always had issues with retaining water - especially in my hands, feet, ankles - in the past. I though with this diet and all the water I'm drinking - I usually get over 80oz/day, I wouldn't still be so swollen. My ring is tight and my shoes leave a mark. Any suggestions?

lisa32989
01-29-2013, 02:56 PM
@Lisa32989 Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday. Iím really not sure why she wonít let me have any restricted my friends who are on the diet got them in the first week but when I ask her about it she just says ďnot yetĒ she told me I could try them next week so weíll see. Youíre definitely right Iím a paying customer but I guess because sheís made them seem just as restricted as a bread and butter at the moment Iím embarrassed to ask because I donít want to make it seem like I have no self control....
If you're sticking to protocol, you have self control. I just wonder why your coach isn't following the protocol. The early part is the HARDEST! where is that eyes rolling face??? :rolleyes:

SweetShe
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Just got back from weigh in - down 4 lbs - yay! So that's a total of 15lbs since 1/5. I know it will not always be good numbers but I'll take whatever I can get!

Ali - I'm feeling pretty yucky today myself. I've very tired, don't feel like drinking my water, moody, sick of veggies, etc...so let's see where we are tomorrow. 1 day at a time! I have no intention or inclination to do anything that is not on plan...just need to complain a bit.

Melanchu
01-29-2013, 03:30 PM
If you're sticking to protocol, you have self control. I just wonder why your coach isn't following the protocol. The early part is the HARDEST! where is that eyes rolling face??? :rolleyes:

Thank you VERY good point! and yes it has been very difficult!! lol I had a baby shower and a birthday party my first weekend OP and boy would it have been helpful to have a choc chip cookie or a cookies'n'cream bar! lol I am curious too about why she's not sticking to protocol my only guess is because my first 2 weeks I lost a little more slowly than most people I've talked to/read about but then again that might not be why. Thanks so much for your input :)

*sidenote: a guy at work came by and offered me a giant piece of cake AS I was typing this....turned him down though!:nono:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/181/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Melanchu
01-29-2013, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=SweetShe;4612471]Just got back from weigh in - down 4 lbs - yay! So that's a total of 15lbs since 1/5. I know it will not always be good numbers but I'll take whatever I can get! QUOTE]

:cp:Congratulations! Fantastic job!

ladylunk
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Thank you VERY good point! and yes it has been very difficult!! lol I had a baby shower and a birthday party my first weekend OP and boy would it have been helpful to have a choc chip cookie or a cookies'n'cream bar! lol I am curious too about why she's not sticking to protocol my only guess is because my first 2 weeks I lost a little more slowly than most people I've talked to/read about but then again that might not be why. Thanks so much for your input :)

*sidenote: a guy at work came by and offered me a giant piece of cake AS I was typing this....turned him down though!:nono:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/181/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

That's really too bad about the restricted and your coach. If you have never had them, how would she know that it would slow you down even more. You should ask for them for the week and compare your losses. I look so forward to my night time chocolate bar snack. I know it's not the best time to have it, but night time junkfood is a weak spot for me, so if I am still OP and feel indulgent it works for me. Good luck with your coach.

lcheech
01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my 2nd day on IP. So far so good! :) I had been cutting out most carbs for the last 2 weeks, so I wouldn't feel like a truck ran over me once I started IP.
I am looking into perhaps purchasing WF products. Does anyone have any suggestions or "favourite"?
And do you order them right from their website, or is it cheaper to buy from another site?
Keep in mind, I'm in Canada. So hopefully when I do purchase products online, it won't cost so much in shipping.

I'm so glad I'm on here. I'm learning so much from all of you. There's still lots for me to read.. But I can see that everyone here is very helpful. :)

ladylunk
01-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Welcome lcheech. I have WF available at my ip clinic and other than that I think online lowcarbcanada and can't remember the other. Never ordered. I would't get your hopes up with the WF I hope you will like it, but I have struck out on the french dressing, bbq sauce, bacon ranch, and thousand island just tolerable for big mac in a bowl.

Has anyone used riced cauliflower for meatloaf filler? Or maybe rutabaga? Trying to figure out what I should put in above and beyond the egg and spices, kinda of leaning towards the cauliflower. I guess it doesn't have to have anything, just curious if anyone has done it....

A1Texan
01-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Liz - Because that is what my coach told me to do and have continued having this entire 7 weeks. Starting today I'm reducing down to 3 a day to see if that helps any with my WI on Friday.

mquinn106
01-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Good afternoon! I had my weigh in this morning...another 4lbs gone forever!! :carrot: My thigh inches had gone up slightly but I've been skiing a lot lately and hoping maybe that's muscle? My coach said arms and thighs do fluctuate. Loving IP and loving the results, wish I would have started years ago!

Has anyone used riced cauliflower for meatloaf filler? Or maybe rutabaga? Trying to figure out what I should put in above and beyond the egg and spices, kinda of leaning towards the cauliflower. I guess it doesn't have to have anything, just curious if anyone has done it....

I love grated zucchini in meatloaf, I use ground turkey rather than beef and the zucchini keeps it nice and moist. I also use leeks, garlic, celery, peppers, mushrooms. Good luck!

scorbett1103
01-29-2013, 05:02 PM
[/img] [/url]

Here's the funny thing about that - I can show you a small number of people who ARE that carb sensitive that having a restricted would slow them down. I can show you THREE TIMES as many people whose losses would slow down BECAUSE they skipped a restricted! The carbs are so low and controlled on IP that only people who are highly carb sensitive see a benefit from not having restricted items. The rest of us actually do BETTER when we have them.

KimInWA
01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
1st week down, I weigh in tonight. Anxious to see how I'm doing. Need to ask about making my own vegetable soup.:carrot:

Glover girl
01-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Hello fellow iper's,
Just wondering if anyone has done the novi cleanse? My clinic seems to be recommending it for those entering week 4. I have weigh in #3 on Thursday. If its not too personal, how many of you take the novi lax? I think I'm going to have to, although I really don't like the idea of it. I have never taken a laxative ever.:?: thanks in advance for any input.

Dinie89
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Day 69 - lost 3.4 lb today -- total loss 45 lbs and a total of 29.75 inches

evepet
01-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my 2nd day on IP. So far so good! :) I had been cutting out most carbs for the last 2 weeks, so I wouldn't feel like a truck ran over me once I started IP.
I am looking into perhaps purchasing WF products. Does anyone have any suggestions or "favourite"?
And do you order them right from their website, or is it cheaper to buy from another site?
Keep in mind, I'm in Canada. So hopefully when I do purchase products online, it won't cost so much in shipping.

I'm so glad I'm on here. I'm learning so much from all of you. There's still lots for me to read.. But I can see that everyone here is very helpful. :)

I've been buying my WF products from www.thelowcarbgrocery.com. I order online, but they also have a store in Markham, Ontario. My local Metro supermarket store also carries some WF products. I love their pancake syrup, and my favorite salad dressings are Thousand Island and Italian.

crazynette826
01-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Congrats on all the great WI's! Mine went pretty well. I was down 1.8 lbs. Which I figure is pretty good, considering it was only 5 days, and the last 2 weeks were more than I expected.

I tried rutabaga fries for the first time today. YUM!! I will definitely be doing those again. I felt like a dork though... I had to ask which ones were the rutabagas. I've never had one before. ;)

SanB608
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Make use of the freebies and drink all your water.

What are "all the freebies" that you are referring to?

star19600
01-29-2013, 07:32 PM
If you end up with something you don't like, you can either trade here (just vump the trade thread bak up) or ask your clinic to set up a trade basket.

Thanks! I've checked with the clinic and they do have a trade basket - unfortunately it's full of the foods that aren't as popular (and I don't tend to like them!). I'll keep checking, and check out the trade thread as well - thanks for the info!

PepperTown
01-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Hello fellow iper's,
Just wondering if anyone has done the novi cleanse? My clinic seems to be recommending it for those entering week 4. I have weigh in #3 on Thursday. If its not too personal, how many of you take the novi lax? I think I'm going to have to, although I really don't like the idea of it. I have never taken a laxative ever.:?: thanks in advance for any input.

I was constipated and at a 3 week stand-still with my weight loss. The clinic recommend Novi Cleanse. Things 'ran' smoothly after that and since then (1 month ago). The liquid is hard to take as it has an unpleasant taste.

If you're simply constipated, perhaps you could just take the Novi Lax.

Glover girl
01-29-2013, 08:38 PM
I was constipated and at a 3 week stand-still with my weight loss. The clinic recommend Novi Cleanse. Things 'ran' smoothly after that and since then (1 month ago). The liquid is hard to take as it has an unpleasant taste.

If you're simply constipated, perhaps you could just take the Novi Lax.

Thanks PepperTown, I'll try that first.:)

flutterby120
01-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi Everybody,
I'm new to 3FC & IP (started Jan. 7). Being doing crazy well, can't believe this actually works. Strangest thing though, have not been losing any inches off my thighs! Ugh! Any ideas why? Do any of you think I should start exercising them? btw, what were your coaches suggestions for exercise while on IP? I was told to do it once I hit maintenance, since it is very effective for that. Any ideas about this?

lisa32989
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi Everybody,
I'm new to 3FC & IP (started Jan. 7). Being doing crazy well, can't believe this actually works. Strangest thing though, have not been losing any inches off my thighs! Ugh! Any ideas why? Do any of you think I should start exercising them? btw, what were your coaches suggestions for exercise while on IP? I was told to do it once I hit maintenance, since it is very effective for that. Any ideas about this?

Yes. Be patient. We don't get to choose where our bodies lose the weight or in what order. It all happens.

IP suggest only gentle exercise after the first few weeks on plan. Weight loss happens mostly in the kitchen. Muscle strength happens in the gym.

Missdee18
01-29-2013, 09:10 PM
WI today. Whoosh fairy came. -2. I thought it was going to be zero.......

Dinie89
01-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Silly question -- 8oz of raw chicken would cook down to aprox how many oz I wanna batch cook but cooking 8oz at a time would defeat the purpose was wanting to just measure aprox cooked As well as 8oz hamburger meat raw be how much cooked ??

scorbett1103
01-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Hi Everybody,

Exercise isn't going to help - too intense exercise can actually stall your weight loss. Your body is going to give up inches randomly - you can't "target" areas or expect inches to come off evenly. It took almost two months before I saw any difference in my thighs, while my waist and bust were shrinking like crazy! And inches come off in places you don't measure - across your bellybutton, your calves, your FEET....just follow the program and be patient :)

Silly question -- 8oz of raw chicken would cook down to aprox how many oz I wanna batch cook but cooking 8oz at a time would defeat the purpose was wanting to just measure aprox cooked As well as 8oz hamburger meat raw be how much cooked ??

There's no hard and fast rule, different meats lose different amounts of water and fat when cooked. Roughly, though, you can estimate that meat loses about 1/2 oz to 1 oz of liquid when cooked. That's how I do it, if I'm measuring cooked meats I go with about 7oz. There's a bit of wiggle room there within the protocol so you won't be off plan if you're a little over or under.

AnnaBoBanna
01-29-2013, 10:10 PM
I went to Panera Bread with some classmates today to discuss clinical things. They all ate huge cookies and muffins. I went up to the register and asked if I could buy some pickles LOL. And what do you know, they gave me 3 dill pickle spears free of charge! I also ordered an acai berry iced tea that was DELICIOUS and drank it with my pickles, and had some cucumber slices that I packed.

I felt really good today and I hope I feel as good tomorrow.

LizRR
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
What are "all the freebies" that you are referring to?

Unlimited lettuce, 2 egg whites, water, water, water!

Trina M
01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I love this diet but I'm not happy with how TOM issues occurred. I never experience signs but this month was bad. Hoping it gets better. I haven't put on weight but did drop 1 lbs. I WI on Thursday and think that next week will be better.

NinjaNurse
01-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Peppertown and Glover Girl: Try Smooth Move tea. Taste isn't so great, sort of licorcey, but I am one happy girl today.