Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#330

QueenB
05-07-2003, 09:09 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

:wave: WELCOME!

QueenB
05-07-2003, 09:16 PM
At the moment, I still have internet access....but I've heard the storms are coming back in tonight. :( I just had to say to Mary and Sandy, I'm sure the reason you can't get into chat is because Baylee created "Chatterboxes" and when she decided to lower the boom, she took our chat room with her. No worry though....we can start a new one. Just for us. :D

That's all I have to say for now because it's started thundering again....just wanted to make sure I added a post, so the post police doesn't come and get me! :lol:

I'll try to come back later if I can. If not, I'll check back in with you in the morning. :grouphug:

peekabooangel
05-07-2003, 09:43 PM
To all on this thread:
As you have read, Mary and I could not access chat. So, we decided to try chatting in the 3fc chat area....it was great!!! There was 3 of us.....Of course the Mary & Sandy Wed. night show and we had a special guest......Tracy :).

So, we thought we would now try to pop in the 3fc site for chat on Wed. and Sat. nights so that anyone can access it even newbies. What are the feelings of everyone else?

Chat with you all tomorrow....night...

PheonixRising
05-07-2003, 09:47 PM
That sounds like a really good idea. I still won't be able to access it from my webtv, but hopefully my computer will be up and running by Saturday. If it is you will see me then. I still suggest that once chat is set when you start a new thread you mention chat time and location somewhere near the topics and welcoome to newbies. I guess that is all for now.

Grannie39074
05-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Chat was great tonight maybe we could set up our own room on the 3chicks site.

BarbPA
05-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Hi Gals!
I tried to go to chat tonight, but then I realized it was 8:00 Central, I logged in at 8:00 Eastern. Opps!

Do I have to register with Suzanne, or just go into chat? When I go there I only saw 3 things in the drop down. (Main menu, Chit Chat and Sugar Busters). Was I in the right place?

I'll join you when I can, but 9:00 my time is sometimes difficult.

Gotta go - Hubby is on his way home and wants some attention. Poor guy - left for work at 7am and is just now on his way home at nearly 10:30pm.

Have a great night! See ya tomorrow!
Barb :D

thinthinker
05-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi girls! :wave: I'm back in town. Very tired. Long trip in one day. I haven't read so I'll be back when I get a chance.

I think we have to contact Suzanne to get our own chatroom here. I'll drop her a note and see if I can get the ball rolling. Hope you don't mind me taking the initiative.

Later guys. Love ya.

robntracy
05-07-2003, 11:53 PM
I sure dont mind Thin and I dont think anyone else will either. I am glad that you are home safe and sound but you sound like you might need some rest.

Hugs,
Tracy

2cute2Bfat
05-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone !!!! :wave:
My daughter and I just got home... 10:30 pm :eek:
We had a wonderful day.

I woke up at 6am this morning and went back to bed at 8:30am
Woke up again about 9:45. We did some odd and end things around the house and headed out about 11:30 for lunch at Applebee's. I had the grilled chicken with double veggies instead of potatoes. :T I highly recommend it to everyone.

We went shopping during the afternoon. We both agreed I needed the next smaller size pants. :D That is 2 sizes down. :cp: :dance: Instead I bought 2 blouses also smaller size. :D

We shopped at Tuesday Mornings, and Catherines.
We also went to visit my son at his office. They just finished redecorating his office and now he is moving to a new one. :rolleyes:

We headed for the movies at 5pm and saw "Anger Management".
I am not usually an Adam Sandler fan. I have liked a few of his movies... but definitely not all. But I do like Jack Nicholson and I enjoyed the movie. I liked it better than my daughter did. I did not have high expectations so I was not disappointed. Several people walked out saying they LOVED IT. I did not love it... but I definitely liked it.

After the movie I remembered tonight was American Idol results were in 15 minutes....so we got a Calfornia Cobb Salad from McDonalds and took them home so we would not miss the show. I was so happy that Josh got voted off instead of Kimberly. :) I felt he should have been voted off earlier and wasn't. I love all three remaining now. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/icon/icon7.gif

As soon as AI was over we hopped back in the car and headed for Marshalls and Target. Spent $50 more on needless stuff.... but we had FUN buying. :D I got a new summer purse that was just 2cute !!!! LOL

Now I am headed for bed. I won't be here tomorrow and maybe not Friday either. Thursday is my mom's 83rd birthday :hat: so we are going to Missouri to spend the day with her. I hope to get someone to go to the nursing home to give her a manicure/pedicure. Or maybe a body massage. Her body is soooo sensitive I may go with the nails. ???

Okay... this has been a post full of me, me, me. :o
I am sorry... but I don't have time to reply now.
I agree with chat in the 3FC site. Thanks Thin for getting it set up.
I will be seeing you this weekend. :wave:

Aradia
05-08-2003, 07:14 AM
Its good to be home. I have missed all of you so badly.

I woke up to a dry day this morning, I couldnt believe it. It has rained for so long I forgot what it was like seeing the sun rise, lol.

Today is my new beginning, I didnt know if I was going to go to weigh in or not, but I decided I have to know where I stand, so I'm going. Wish me luck.

2Cute- Huge congradulations on the smaller sizes, that is wonderful!

Sorry I missed the chat, hopefully I'll catch the next one.

Grannie39074
05-08-2003, 07:31 AM
I also like the idea of our own room thanks for doing it. just let us know the password if there is one. I'm off to get a shower and get ready for work

peekabooangel
05-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Chicks,

Thin: What initiative you have!!!! You go girl. I think even if we have to chat in the regular chat room it would be okay, last night there was only 3 of us in there and we were all from this thread.

Today is weigh in day for me girls.....you know I already told you I though I gained a ton and I mean a ton!!! I will post it once I get home like every Thursday.

Tina: I'm so glad all is okay in your hometown. I was so worried when you had not posted. How bout where your mom lives? Is her area okay too? And does Rons parents live near by? By the way I have not said Hello to him in ages.....so please tell him that his fan said HELLO!!! And when is he setting up classes for husband training? LOL, just kidding, my hubby has been great since I got back from girls weekend. I think they appreciate you more when you go away, especially since I left the man with the 11 and 5 year old for the weekend and an extra kid too.....Did him good, makes them appreciate mom a little more. But, you know by Monday afternoon all was back to normal......

I will pop back in on the board here in a bit, Im at work......and boss away:D

Hugs to all,

LoseForLife
05-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Good evening all!

Thanks for the congrats. We're pretty chuffed!

I'm off to bed, but logging in to report that I went for a 1 hour walk today, and spent all afternoon in the garden. Suffice it to say that I'm a wee bit stiff! :lol:

I like your idea of the live chat room, would love to know more about it once you've got it set up.

Bye!

bobsgal
05-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Hey ladies. It's another dreary day here. I want the sunshine back. I'm on a roll. I went to Curves again this morning. I know it's working because I put on a pair of jeans this morning that were skin tight a couple of weeks ago and they fit comfortably. I didn't have to suck in to get them on and I can sit down without them squeezing the life out of me. I need to get some new jean shorts for the summer, but I think I'm going to wait until June at least before I buy them. I don't want them to be to big for me before I get the chance to wear them. Chat on this site sounds good to me. Saturday nights I can probably swing, but I usually work on Wednesday nights.
Tina- glad to hear that you're safe. Sorry to hear about your internet problems.
Thin- glad you're back. Get some rest and then come back and join us.
2Cute- sounds like you had a really great day with your daughter. Congrats on the new clothes in smaller sizes. That is awesome. Hope you have a good visit with your mom.
Aradia- good luck on your weigh in
Sandy- sorry about the gain, but at least you know where you stand and can get back on track.
Lynne- good going on the 1 hour walk.
Well, I gotta get back to my laundry. Be back later.
Steph

Duckie25
05-08-2003, 10:56 AM
Lady's,
I just finally caught up, I think I had to read 5 threads, been a busy last couple of days, just wanted to let you know I'm still hear and reading, and will try to get a big long post in later.

katrinabgood
05-08-2003, 11:23 AM
I swore to myself that I wouldn't post til I had gotten some exercise done. I guess just thinking about it doesn't count. OK...I PROMISE that I will go walk the dog after I'm done here.****at this point, I just made myself get up, get dressed, all the way to my shoes. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, even got the leash out and gave it a jingle, so that the dog would be a constant reminder that it's "walkie time." BTW...it was 10:00 when i started this novel! While I was at it, I gave the house a "once over." Put all breakfast stuff away, loaded the dishwasher, put laundry in the dryer. Folded what was in the dryer. I'm set!

This morning I had a revelation of sorts. I made my breakfast and instead of reading the paper or a magazine or, even worse, eating while I read the posts, I sat at the kitchen table and just ate. Nothing else. This is very hard for me, so I consider it a minor victory! While i was eating, (since I had nothing better to do) I did some thinking...
uh oh...here goes...

I realized that I go through stages...once I "start up again," I am pumped and totally OP for about 4 days to maybe a week. Then I'll start to finagle the system a bit; little "cheats" here and there, kinda legal, but too many of which can send me down that long slippery slope...once I've done that and done a full blown, totally OFF program meal/dessert/snack whatever it may be, I feel as though all the good I have done is wasted and I may as well keep on eating. The binge is no longer for pleasure, but now it's punishment. (I know that I have consciously thought, "well, you're just a pig anyway, why not keep eating?") So then, how do I make myself feel better? By eating, of course! And so the destructive phase goes until I somehow "snap out of it" and start all over. Now, LUCKILY, I have been able to maintain my weight doing this...going up and down 5 lbs or so, over and over. I say luckily, because given the amount of good days, compared to the bad days, it could be much worse and I could have gained all back and then some.

SOOOOOOOOOO...with that in mind, I have decided to actually make some conscientious changes. (Such as not reading or otherwise preoccupying myself while I'm eating) I plan on using all the knowledge that I have (and it is VAST) about losing weight, and making the "good" days the absolute best days that I possibly can, KNOWING that there are going to be "bad" days, but hopefully minimizing them, by accepting that they will come, but not turning them into bad weeks.

I know that was long and rambling but I needed to get it all out and I feel pretty darn good for having "verbalized"(so to speak) all of that. I know you guys understand.
Chat @ 3fc is fine with me...thank you, Thin for getting the ball rollling.

Tina, I'm glad you're OK.

Gotta run, I need to get that walk in before it rains. If the weather holds out, I'm going to mow the back yard...I was only able to do the front and sides yesterday...Tonight I'm taking a "Pilates" class at the gym. London broil and salad for dinner tonight. Today is one of those "good days."

Thankful Thursday: Thanks for "listening" and for being here! I'm thankful for all of you!

peekabooangel
05-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Kat: I loved your post. I too, like many others I know am quilty of eatting my dinner in front of the computer screen. My kids, eat at the table sometimes? But, I am guilty as charged of letting them eat in front of the tv too. Hubby eats where ever he feels like it. I know that it is nice to sit down at the table and have family time and enjoy the meal.......soooooooo...you have inspired me. Tonight I will cook the meal, set the table, shut off the tv, not look at the puter, and we will as a family eat supper even if it kills us :D .

We are having good weather here today too, was supposed to rain, but I guess mother nature decided to grace us with just clouds today. I gotta get a walk in when I get home from work.

Duckie: Nice to see you!!!

Steph: Thanks for the concern about the gain, but I'm okay with it, really I am :yes: I had a good time doing it. I could have not eatten all the yummy stuff or drank the stuff, but well I gave me a treat and that is what I choose to do. It was a concious thing I did. I know I now have to yet again retake the weight off, but oh well like goes on and why beat myself up about it. I figure when I got home and stepped on the scale it said 271 and I about hit the floor, then all week it has been going down.....and I will post the exact number when I get home just like every thankful thursday.....but if you look down now at my stats it says last Thurs I was 262.5.....so Sundays weight was like :fr: .

Anyway girlies, I'm at work today and you all are not very chatty? Whats the deal? Please feed my addiction :D

Hugs to you all,

robntracy
05-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Congratulations 2cute on a smaller size!!! :joker: :hat: :cp: :flow2: :cloud9: :balloons:

I just had to come in and say that and get my fix before I do Taebo. I am getting addicted to it. After a good butt-kicking workout I feel great!!!

My son has a baseball game tonight and I have to go get drinks for the team for after the game and I have to pay some bills. I am still doing great where food is concerned and I am drinking lots of water so I am on top of the world.

Sandy and Mary- I really enjoyed chat last night and I hope to do it again soon. Maybe we can get the others in there next time.

Tina- I miss you girl!! Where are ya today?

Hello and hugs to everyone else but I have to run if I want to get my workout in and I DO!!

Tracy

Duckie25
05-08-2003, 01:08 PM
:( :( It's rainy and gloomy here again today, It's been raining since last Friday, aren't we lucky, I guess most of us have been getting the rain. Well at least the farmers are happy.

I've been a sick girl:o came down with a sore throat last Friday, turned into the flu and now I have a terrible head cold, and am weak and have no energy.:?: My poor son had the same flu but was throwing up all day Sunday. He now has the cold as well.

I've been trying to get on here since Monday to post, but things just kept on getting in my way:halfempty, Monday I left early cause I was feeling terrible, Tuesday the power at work was off for about 8 hrs, and when It finally came on I had alot of work to do, Yesterday was a first for me, My son's school called, and said I had to come and pick up my son right away, He has head lice,:?: now doesn't that just make a mother feel real good, I am definetly not a dirty person, and live in filth and I do not neglect my son, It just happens to be going around the school, and I guess there's a couple of uncaring familys that arent bothering to treat their children, and keep on sending them back to school. So the school has to keep on sending the kids home, so my son was one of the many unlucky ones that got the lice as well.:headache: So I had to go home early yesterday, pick him up, got the clippers out, shaved his hair ( he was do for a cut ) shampoo it in NIX, then wash all the bedsheets, and his clothes and vaccum the beds and clean anything that might be contaminated. It was a really fun day, not:stress:

So today seems a little bit back to normal, quite at work. One good thing about being sick is that you don't feel like eating and you lose weight. Jumped on the scale on Monday and it said I lost 4 lbs last week, I wouldn't recomend my method, but now that I have a little bit a head start and wasn't expecting it, I'm going to try to have another good loss this week.:cp:

There's been so much going on here, since last Friday, I'm not even going to try to reply, alot of Newbies, welcome you've found a great bunch. I'm glad I missed out on the whole Baylee issue, don't need that kind of negativity in my life, her post was deleted before I got to read it, and you think you know someone,:mad: Tina glad your safe, hope the weather looks better real soon. 2Cute thanks for always being here and keeping this little group together, I think of you as mother hen
:chicken: always know the right thing to say, and always has an encouraging word for others. Doesn't it make you feel good when you can fit into smaller clothes, I have a box of old jeans and shirts, from about 5yrs ago, that I can't wait to get into. I felt great when I was able to wear these clothes.

Well I better post this before I get booted off or I lose it, check in later

peekabooangel
05-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Hey Duckie: Don't feel bad about the lice. That stuff happens here too. Thank goodness I've not yet had to deal with it, because usually during lice season (is that a real season :) ) I hack my sons hair right off to a crew cut or buzz. But this is the first year my girl is in school and she has little past shoulder length hair (fingers are crossed that I don't have to cut that) Don't it just make you mad that some families will continue to send kids to school and spread the stuff. Congrats on the loss, but don't be upset if some of it comes back.

Baylees post? It got deleted? I didnt know that? Oh well.....it was hateful anyway and we don't need that.

Things are running slow here today? Whats up chicklets?

Tracy: Did you try to add me to yahoo? I got Marys. Same with any of you.....if you have yahoo?

Sandy is........... sansan04551 on yahoo messanger
same on msn..... sansan04551

Im just so original :)

BarbPA
05-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Hey Gals!
Just popped in to see how everyone is doing and to say hello!!! I'm a little frustrated at the moment and just had to get my mind of work. I just came out of a meeting with a "not-so-nice" person who told me that something I was doing for the past 9 months was not working for her billing method --- however, she is the person that told me to do it this way and never told me any differently! It was just very frustrating the way she said it!!! :mad:

Now that I have that off my chest, I hope you are all having a wonderful day!!! I'll check in later when I have more time.

:) Barb

peekabooangel
05-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Official for the week.......is a 3 lb gain.....not bad, considering what I thought it was gonna be.

Thankful Thursday:
I'm thankful I can come back here no matter what!!! I'm thankful that my family is all healthy and well. I'm thankful for so much its hard to list it all.

Duckie25
05-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey gals,
I was wondering if any of you know anything about Birth Control Pills, I'm on Tri Cyclin, and have been for years, my question is, if you miss taking your pills consecutively does that mess up your period, you see, on Sunday, I started my period 2 weeks early, my first thought was the flu and being sick, and then I realized I was 4 days late taking my pill. I'm never early with my period, and It always comes on the same day like clockwise, I have since caught up with my pills and am wondering if I could be pregnant, I know your not suppose to get your period when you pregnant, but I am worried that if I contiue taking the pills and I am pregnant what effects will it do to a baby. I know I'm probably early because of missing the pills, just curious to what you guys might think, and can sickness bring on you period??

peekabooangel
05-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Duckie,
I think if you missed 4 pills thats why you started your period. Your body is reacting to the lack of the hormones fromt the pills. And if you were prego, I think the pill would not hurt the baby, lots of woman get prego on the pill and don't know it for a month or so. But, I would suggest to take a test to make sure. Good luck.

QueenB
05-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Hey sweeties.....

Internet is still not up and running at home. I actually had to download one of those "Gee, will you please come back to AOL?" cd's just to be able to get on here really quick. I'm ok, but sure will be glad when things get back to normal. Kids were out of school today, so you can imagine how fun it was for me today. :dizzy: Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I will hope back in tomorrow when I get to work.

Love you guys..... :grouphug:

PheonixRising
05-08-2003, 09:08 PM
Hi ladies, just dropping in to say hi. Tomorrow I get my new computer so hopefully you'll see me tomorrow. Once I get it up tomorrow I'll post a pic for you. (I haven't been able to because of the webtv not being compatable with my camera.) Anyway, I'll see all of you tomorrow.

BarbPA
05-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Hey Gals!
I hope everyone had a great day! Mine was pretty good, but I am not feeling the greatest right now. I hope I am just tired and not coming down with anything. Nevertheless I think I am going to tuck myself into bed.

I hope to be back to my cheery self tomorrow and catch up with all of you then!
;) Barb

katrinabgood
05-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Quick HI!

I had a good night. I never made it to Pilates tonight. Dh, son and I went to see "X Men United" It was good, if you like that sort of stuff! I liked it. Sicne I knew I'd miss Pilates, I tried to get to the Step class at 5:45...missed that by a few minutes, so I went into "Sculpt." All I can say is "WOW." I'll be going back to that class! Weights, bands, balls, bars, steps...all kinds of equipment came into play here. I am going to pay tomorrow! But in a good way!

My food has been great. It's been a good day!

Time for bed for me, see y'all tomorrow!

PS...I just got up to let the dog out (she's got some nerve, at 2 AM!) and i realized I forgot to tell you the most important thing of of all...I did not have ANYTHING to eat at the movies!! I debated with myself going in, trying to decide what would be best...a small, no butter popcorn? Nah, too many carbs...and that's about the healthiest choice there...Then i realized, I'm not hungry...we ate dinner early, and I was simply not hungry. (Not that that is necessarily a factor!) So, I stuck about 6 Hershey's Caramel Tastations in my pocket, "just in case." They are 3 for 1 point. :T I bought an expensive $3.00 bottle of water...that was all I had. I had no problem turning down the popcorn that dh offered to share with me.

So that is my success story of the day, See? If the dog didn't have to PEE at 2 in the morning, you'd never have known!

:yawn: okay back to bed for me...

robntracy
05-09-2003, 12:17 AM
I just wanted to drop in before I head to bed. I had another great day today. I drank 80 oz of water and did my Taebo again and my eating has been very good. I even parked far away when I went to Walmart today. Another great accomplishment is that usually when I go to Walmart I spend way too much money because I buy junk I dont need. Today when I went in there I passed up all the goodies without a second glance. I bought bananas, hot dogs weiners for the kids, cheese, and a few non-food items. I was not even tempted. The only thing I forgot to do was buy some more fresh pineapple....yummy.

Well gals I am off to bed. I wish every single one of you a beautiful tomorrow!!

Hugs,
Tracy

loranden
05-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi all! :)

Well, it is official; I am rescheduled for my new photo session next Friday, the 16th! :cp: As of this moment, I am also officially BLONDE! :devil: A lot of people seem to like this better than my natural dark brown...go figure:lol:

Low Fat Macaroni and Cheese Casserole

6 slices Smart Beat Fat Free cheese product

1/3 cup skim milk

4 tablespoons Blue Bonnet Lite margerine or lite butter product

1 cup cooked elbow macaroni

Dash of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a small casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer bottom of dish with 1/2 cup macaroni, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper to taste. Add 3 slices of cheese product; repeat with 1/2 cup macaroni, butter and remaining cheese. Pour in milk; bake at center of oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cheese product is totally melted and a light golden brown. Makes 3 1 cup servings.

Calories: 275 Fat: 6 grams

(Not sure of point exchange) :shrug:

kidmeister
05-09-2003, 04:07 AM
OH my gosh!! I am screaming mad!:hot: :bomb: :censored: :mad: I had this huge long post and it said I had too many attachments and went to fix it and lost the whole thing!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR!! Well long story shortened, I lost another 4.4 and am finally down that first 25, in fact I am down 29 now. And I am going to go to bed and maybe try to repost in the morning. Good night all!

LoseForLife
05-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Hi guys! :wave:

Man, it's scary how quickly this thread grows! It's like reading a whole small book to catch up! :dizzy:

I didn't get any exercise in today. We were at Josh's school for their Sports Day. It was lots of fun watching the little kids running around, with all the chants and stuff. Took me back, that's for sure! Josh's team Yellow tied in first place with Green. :cp:

The only exercise I got was kicking the footy around with Josh for about 5 minutes at the end of the day!

Considering I spent most of the day sitting around, I'm stuffed! :lol:

So, nothing to report, although I have to confess that my food has been pretty bad today, as we took lots of nibblies, all fairly high in fat content. :nono: Such as pate, pesto, sundried tomatoes, brie, cream cheese (low fat) and baguettes. Yum-OH! :T: I'll have to do an EXTRA long walk tomorrow to burn it all off! :dance:

Steph, well done on fitting into your jeans - how good is that feeling?? :bravo:

Kat, you are going through what we all experience, and I think anyone with ongoing weight problems would say that that's the main reason they haven't lost as quickly as they'd like. I know that I have gone through that vicious circle of optomism, struggle to maintain, lose control, suffer guilt… The sad thing is that we have such unrealistic expectations, and feel such pressure to lose weight quickly, that if we "cave" and eat something that's not the best (which in fact is generally something "normal" weighted people wouldn't even consider as a bad choice), we think we are a total failure and what's the point, it's all too hard. I was writing in a post the other day that we need to stop feeling so guilty for being overweight. Most of the time it is due to genetics, something we are BORN with, and have no control over. Therefore, although we are struggling to fix it, IT'S NOT OUR FAULT that we are the way we are. In fact, we should be commended for trying to improve our situation, instead of just shrugging our shoulders and going "oh well, I'm overweight, so what?" So you hang in there, and keep the faith. Because as long as you have more "good" days than "bad" you are succeeding. :goodvibes:

I am a big one for eating at the dinner table. I was raised that way, and have spent enough time eating in front of the tv to appreciate the other. I find it has so many good points - 1. Spend decent time with your family catching up on the day's events, 2. Appreciating your meal, rather than shovelling it down while distracted by other things, 3. Eating slower. We do it for most meals, apart from the odd occasion when we're having something casual on a Saturday night or something.

By the way, WELL DONE on skipping the foods at the movies - those nibblies can be a killer! :cp:

Duckie, if it's any consolation, nits actually prefer CLEAN hair, so the theory that only dirty kids get nits is not true. It totally sucks, I agree. Josh has had it 3 times already, but luckily Marc and I haven't.
In answer to your question about the pill - generally being sick will not bring on a period, but if you have missed the pill for a few days, that can do it. If you then get pregnant and continue to take the pill it can be harmful. I recommend you get a pregnancy test done, probably through your local gp, to make sure. Also, if you're pregnant, you would generally only experience spot bleeding, rather than a full on period. I hope all's ok. I've just started the pill again after finishing breast feeding. It's weird having to worry about all of that after almost a year. Don’t want any more babies though!!!

Tina, glad to hear you're ok. We don't experience anything like that here, but have watched it all on tv and looks really scary. My thoughts go out to all those families who have lost their homes or loved ones. By the way, how did you get that picture at the bottom of your posts? I know it must be in your signature, but how? I've got a really nice photo of me with my kiddlywinks, but can't work out what to do. :chin:

I don't mean to sound nosy, but who is Baylee and what did she do?

Well, now that I've added my own chapter, I'd better sign off! :^:

PS What's everyone doing for mother's day? I don't know what my family have got planned, but it will be fairly low key. The plants we bought for the garden were my mother's day pressie. We're having a lunch with the family, and my brother and his wife are coming all the way over from Tokyo. They're coming to Sydney on business, so are flying in for the weekend. It's mum's birthday as well, so they're catching two birds with one stone.

If I don't speak to you before then, have a great day! :flow1:

BarbPA
05-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Good Morning All!!!
TGIF :cb: :dancer: :cb:

Well, Friday is my day to weigh and I am please to report a 2.2 pound loss this week. I am finally back in the 2's again. Now to stay there and keep going in the right direction!!! :)

Exercise has been pretty good but I really want to find a way to get more into my day. I know if I get my butt in gear I'll feel better and the weight will continue to drop.

I wish I could catch up with everyone now, but I am in the office and need to dig into my day because I want to leave early today. I'm going to a friends house for "Girls Night". She is having people come in to do massages and facials. Should be a good time --- I just want to try not to overindulge!

I'll catch up later on!
Have a wonderful day!!!!
:)Barb

thinthinker
05-09-2003, 11:41 AM
DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#331"

God Bless America!