Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 1/28/203

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 1/28/203

lisa32989
01-28-2013, 05:42 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

PepperTown
01-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Hello from Florida :) Drove down from Ontario to this beautiful spot in Port Richey! Looking for a clinic where I can buy IP. We are in the Bayonet Point/Hudson area. If anyone knows of a place, please let me know.

Went to my clinic before leaving to stock up for the trip. My WI was great...down 8 pounds !!!

Hard to stay OP when I'm away from home :o. How do I change my weight tracker?

Cheekyskeeter
01-28-2013, 06:19 AM
Lucky you getting out of this snow for some sunshine!! And big congrats on a great WI.

I'm waking up to a ton of snow that fell overnight and it is still falling, then it's supposed to change to freezing rain by 7am and then rain by 10am.....should make for an interesting drive into work. Today may be a sit at home in my Pjs kind of day.....

Willi
01-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Hello from Florida :) Drove down from Ontario to this beautiful spot in Port Richey! Looking for a clinic where I can buy IP. We are in the Bayonet Point/Hudson area. If anyone knows of a place, please let me know.

Went to my clinic before leaving to stock up for the trip. My WI was great...down 8 pounds !!!

Near the top if the site is a link to "User CP", click that. Once into the next screen, click " Edit signature" (this is on the upper left). You have to edit your current weight manually.

Enjoy the sun, lucky you!

lisa32989
01-28-2013, 06:34 AM

All it takes is planning, just like at home
I was in FL for 10 days over the holidays and have made numerous weekend trips, remaining 100% OP, always with A PLAN of attack!
We do what we commit to doing

PepperTown
01-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Near the top if the site is a link to "User CP", click that. Once into the next screen, click " Edit signature" (this is on the upper left). You have to edit your current weight manually.

Enjoy the sun, lucky you!

Got it....thanx :^:

Met some folks from Nova Scotia in our park. Seem like great people :D

Left Ontario on Wednesday to -40į and arrived in Florida to +22į (72į Fahrenheit)!!! Going for our first game of golf this morning!

Trina M
01-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Weigh to go peppertown! I struggled eating my veggies yesterday because of a major case of stomach cramps. Putting the blame on TOM. I never experience cramps during this time and am feeling them a bit this morning. I know that it's important to eat everything on the plan and not doing so could impact my results but the veggies are a bit gassy and I just couldn't do it. I will have to take something to work with me today because I'm the only manager in our area this week and leaves no option for a sick day. My 4 year old has been sick since yesterday and I may have to call grandma instead of the sitter.

Have a great Monday everyone:)

auroragrl
01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning! I plan my next days meals while I'm cooking supper. I lay everything out. I also look at my calendar for the week and plan for things that could change the routine.

You can do it! Enjoy the warmth. It is supposed to be dreadfully cold here this week. However, feel for the Alaskans. Many of my friends in Fairbanks posted pics of 50 below yesterday. If they can get above the ice fog, the Northern Lights are probably fantastic!

Have a great day everyone!!

guttergirl9
01-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Good morning Everyone!!!!
Excited to say that I did my 18 week weigh-in yesterday. My new stats are 80lbs and 38in :carrot:. I'm almost in a size 16 and super happy about that!!! About 40 more pounds to goal. I'm hoping I can do that in about 3 months ;) We'll see!!!!

scorbett1103
01-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Happy Monday! Great to hear about the awesome Weigh ins!!!

Kids are off from school today (professional dev day) so we're going to my SIL's house for playtime mayhem and coffee chat :) I have to run a couple of errands and work tonight, but otherwise it should be a mostly low key day. My house won't get cleaned, but there's always tomorrow, right?? :)

A1Texan
01-28-2013, 08:57 AM
I posted this late yesterday so I'm posting it again hoping to get ideas why this happened....you all know I'm a great cook :)

My first try at a Mug cake wasn't very successful. It boiled over and left nothing in the mug. I used carton egg whites and only 4oz of water but don't know what happened. Any help or suggestions?

scorbett1103
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
I posted this late yesterday so I'm posting it again hoping to get ideas why this happened....you all know I'm a great cook :)

My first try at a Mug cake wasn't very successful. It boiled over and left nothing in the mug. I used carton egg whites and only 4oz of water but don't know what happened. Any help or suggestions?

It might be that your microwave temperature was a little too high - that usually happens when stuff in the micro heats up too fast. Next time, try heating it in 30 second increments, or do it at a lower power (i.e. 70% instead of 100%). That happens to me now and then when I make my kids' oatmeal in the microwave!

psjones
01-28-2013, 09:02 AM

I watch mine carefully and stop the microwave for a few seconds if it looks like it is going over. Sometimes, I give it a stir also. I changed to using a cereal bowl rather than a mug.

jeffiner
01-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Food question today...are turkey and chicken sausages ok..and if yes, who has tried them? Do they taste anything like real dinner sausage? Recipe ideas?
Thanks..

scorbett1103
01-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Food question today...are turkey and chicken sausages ok..and if yes, who has tried them? Do they taste anything like real dinner sausage? Recipe ideas?
Thanks..

Some people do use them sparingly (half a sausage to add flavor to a dish) - but even chicken and turkey sausages are way too high in fat and sodium to really be allowable on IP. They are definitely no good for use as your main protein, you have to eat 3-4 times the serving size just to get the right amount of protein grams.

If you are looking at a package of sausages - pay close attention to the ingredients, the sodium content, the fat calories, and the grams of protein per serving. Sausages often include "filler" and extra ingredients (some chicken sausages contain corn syrup!). The fat calories should not be more than 30% of the total calories (multiply fat calories by 3 and see if the number is smaller than the total calories). And when looking at the serving size and protein, remember that for dinner protein, you need 40-50g protein total - so if there are 13g protein in a single serving, you would have to eat 3 servings in order to get the right amount of protein.

A1Texan
01-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Great suggestions. I'll try them tonight. I did still eat all the run off. I'm not going to waste $4.00 worth of IP:rofl:

Desafinado
01-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Something I reflected on last night as I went to sleep at a decent hour (which I seem to have been able to do every night with no problem since I started IP): I'm not hungry on this diet.

What I mean is, I eat and when I finish, I'm done. I'm not thinking about leftovers or whatever, I'm just full. That is a freeing feeling.

tacomama
01-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Okay, I am new...again. I have a few packets from earlier last year, they expired in December, I would think they are still okay to use. Your thoughts? Also, looking for support as my husband thinks I am crazy for paying $4/a pop for "non-food", but I have to do it 100% this time. I need to stop the madness.

usmcvet
01-28-2013, 10:37 AM
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/DayAfterGraduationfromVPA.png

Good Morning Peeps.

I was asked why'd you choose your goal weight and found this old photo. I think I am about 238 in this photo. I originality choose either 240 or 250, I can't remember now, because I liked how I looked and felt at this weight. But it's still "obese" so I went down to 220 which is only "overweight" anyway I thought I'd share. This is the morning after I graduated from the full time police academy. It was a Happy Day! My girlfriend, now wife is on the left and her little sister is on the right.

IP43
01-28-2013, 10:37 AM
To be honest, I don't think the space food can probably ever expire LOL... If it was a pre-made maybe. Also "expiry dates" are often "best before" -- I'm sure the company includes some extra time before the food goes bad. No one will be poisoned the day after a "expiry date". December wasn't that long ago.
HOWEVER, if you JUST bought it in Dec and your clinic is selling you old stuff, I'd talk to them to see if you can get a "deal", or trade in for new ones if you're worried about it.

IP43
01-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Good Morning Peeps.

I was asked why'd you choose your goal weight and found this old photo.....This is the morning after I graduated from the full time police academy. It was a Happy Day! My girlfriend, now wife is on the left and her little sister is on the right.

That is a great inspirational photo. Your wife loves you no matter what, but think of the energy you used to have when you were dating. Maybe as a 'mini-goal', think of something you can do with her now that you're losing weight that was more of a challenge when you were larger.

You're doing great!

tacomama
01-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks. nah, not really worried, just kind of hoping it still "works" actually i just talked to her and she does have some expired product she is selling for a reduced price, might have to get some. She has been doing the diet since september and probably has lost 60lbs. I am hoping I get the same results. It seems as if you all are doing great. I am glad to be here. Happy Monday!

A1Texan
01-28-2013, 11:08 AM
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/DayAfterGraduationfromVPA.png

Good Morning Peeps.

I was asked why'd you choose your goal weight and found this old photo. I think I am about 238 in this photo. I originality choose either 240 or 250, I can't remember now, because I liked how I looked and felt at this weight. But it's still "obese" so I went down to 220 which is only "overweight" anyway I thought I'd share. This is the morning after I graduated from the full time police academy. It was a Happy Day! My girlfriend, now wife is on the left and her little sister is on the right.
Thanks for sharing. I think that once you are getting close to your goal of 220 you'll want to reduce more. You can always build up muscle after you've achieved your goals. This will put your weight up close to the 200+ range that you were happy with after the police academy. I would think that you were working out really hard during that time and had a good solid base of muscle. Just my thoughts :)

Bellamack
01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Brrrrr. I hear some kids out playing, I am sure school was cancelled, alot of ice with a little snow on top and more freezing rain expected in Upstate today! I thought it was cold here, until someone posted that Alaska was -50, I couldnt do that for all the money in the world, I barely can move here.lol

Doing well this morning, the cortisone in the shoulder has helped trememdously! great WI's everyone, keep it going :)

my31rewards
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Good Morning! I had a great weekend. I tried so many new things! I put the spinach in my skakes - they are so much more filling that way. I tried Rutabaga for the first time - I made fries in the oven with it. And I tried the mug cake. My kids liked it so much they wanted me to make them each one! I put a pork loin in the crockpot this morning so my house will be smelling really good by the time I get home!

I bought a pill splitter so I could get the supplements down easier. Does anyone one if we can crush them up and put them in food/shakes? That would be a lot easier.

I've been tracking my meals on MyNetDiary and was excited to see that based on my info I should be losing 3-4 pounds a week. I was a little bummed because I was going over the 40 carbs per day but then I realized it's 40 NET carbs - which I wasn't tracking. So that makes me feel a lot better! It's going to be great week.

We are getting into Boiled Seafood Season down here in South Louisiana and that's all allowed on this diet and it takes a lot of crawfish/crabs/shrimp to equal 8 oz!

pocahontas812
01-28-2013, 11:40 AM
NSV to share: I am on the last (tightest) notch on my belt and my skinny jeans are no longer skinny.....they're loose and baggy! Time to shop!!

my31rewards
01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
NSV to share: I am on the last (tightest) notch on my belt and my skinny jeans are no longer skinny.....they're loose and baggy! Time to shop!!

That's Awesome! I was excited that I could dry my pants instead of hanging them to dry. They have a little strech to them so by the end of the day now they are really baggy!

1LittleStar
01-28-2013, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE]

Great weigh-in!!

[QUOTE=guttergirl9;4610145]Good morning Everyone!!!!
Excited to say that I did my 18 week weigh-in yesterday. My new stats are 80lbs and 38in :carrot:. I'm almost in a size 16 and super happy about that!!! About 40 more pounds to goal. I'm hoping I can do that in about 3 months ;) We'll see!!!!

Amazing stats! You are doing awesome!

Something I reflected on last night as I went to sleep at a decent hour (which I seem to have been able to do every night with no problem since I started IP): I'm not hungry on this diet.

What I mean is, I eat and when I finish, I'm done. I'm not thinking about leftovers or whatever, I'm just full. That is a freeing feeling.

I'm not hungry either. It's a weird, fantastic feeling!

Great pic!

Good Morning! I had a great weekend. I tried so many new things! I put the spinach in my skakes - they are so much more filling that way. I tried Rutabaga for the first time - I made fries in the oven with it. And I tried the mug cake. My kids liked it so much they wanted me to make them each one! I put a pork loin in the crockpot this morning so my house will be smelling really good by the time I get home!

We are getting into Boiled Seafood Season down here in South Louisiana and that's all allowed on this diet and it takes a lot of crawfish/crabs/shrimp to equal 8 oz!

Great to try new food! I've tried many new things on this diet too!

Love seafood, jealous of your location to get so many fresh options!

Great NSV!

jmuroff1
01-28-2013, 12:02 PM
omg the scale moved this morning!! im down to 164 and my weigh in isnt until friday...bootcamp does work :) have a great OP DAY everyone!! :D

cjennyh
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Good Afternoon All :) I had my first week weigh-in and am down 10 lbs. Coach warned me that week 2 and 3 weigh-ins can be disappointing so I'm preparing myself mentally, but hope I can be out of the norm in that respect! Anybody know if you can get IP Rotini anywhere besides the centers? Mine is all out and they don't know when they will get more.

jmuroff1
01-28-2013, 02:23 PM
How many cups can I get out of a cucumber and bell pepper?

Ali Williams
01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I have a question that I havenít seen addressed in the Newbie area but I could have missed it so I apologize if I missed it but has anyone had issues with the packets blending properly? I had it happen with my Cappuccino once and it just happened at lunch with my chicken noodle soup. I shook it up like always and it looked fine (if anything looked a bit watery but the chicken noodle soup can be that way) stuck it in the microwave. When I poured it in my bowl, it looked like it had little clumps Ė maybe clumps it isnít the right description because it looked almost like parmesan cheese in water. Weird. The Cappuccino that I did this to me was almost grainy looking. I think itís the protein powders swelling up but thatís a guessÖbut why didnít it blend? This doesnít happen often but when it does itís a bummer for obvious reasons. Any ideas?

Ali

ChicagoPhil
01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Well its Phase one: day 14 for me and I've lost 18 pounds, and had the last 2 days steady at that weight. I am staying motivated and on target for a wonderful few months of my pants falling down. It's great, to be able to take my pants off without unbuckling my belt or unbuttoning my pants is a really great feeling.

Thanks IP - Thanks my support team.

usmcvet
01-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Pretty stressed out today. So I am just checking in to VENT. In the past I would have gone out and bought some unhealthy but tasty snack and eaten it to "feel better" well that's the old me. So I have my water bottle which I will refil and I have my Peeps just writing this has made me feel a little better. I hope you're all doing well. The drive home should be interesting.

So a little rambiling story and a few NSV's, I still need to vent ;) I brought my 2011 silverado in for the 30K service on Friday. They lent me a car, a TINY little Car a Chevy Cruze. I would not have fit in the car 154 pounds ago, it was still a challenge but I did it with my duty belt on, that was a mistake but it worked.

When I dropped off my truck the service manager had a funny look on his face that did not register for me. He asked How I was doing. It was not until I was about to leave it registered. He was happy for me and I was 154 pounds smaller than the last time I saw him. I thanked Randy and left feeling a little better about myself. I had the car for two day and brought it back Saturday. I ended up trading my '11 for a '13 with only twelve miles on it. My payment's dropped and now I have brand new tires so my drive home will be a heck of a lot better than with the old tires. Yes I have ADD :dizzy: Gotta run. Stick with it every one. We are all worth it.

ragdoll74
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
I have a question that I havenít seen addressed in the Newbie area but I could have missed it so I apologize if I missed it but has anyone had issues with the packets blending properly? I had it happen with my Cappuccino once and it just happened at lunch with my chicken noodle soup. I shook it up like always and it looked fine (if anything looked a bit watery but the chicken noodle soup can be that way) stuck it in the microwave. When I poured it in my bowl, it looked like it had little clumps Ė maybe clumps it isnít the right description because it looked almost like parmesan cheese in water. Weird. The Cappuccino that I did this to me was almost grainy looking. I think itís the protein powders swelling up but thatís a guessÖbut why didnít it blend? This doesnít happen often but when it does itís a bummer for obvious reasons. Any ideas?

Ali

If you microwave the soup too long it can become lumpy like that. Not sure if the cappucino does the same thing.

A1Texan
01-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Just got an email and Nashua Products has a sale on Cheese Steak Macaroni for $10.50. Not sure who on here likes this but thought I'd pass along the information.

IP43
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Good Afternoon All :) I had my first week weigh-in and am down 10 lbs. Coach warned me that week 2 and 3 weigh-ins can be disappointing so I'm preparing myself mentally, but hope I can be out of the norm in that respect! Anybody know if you can get IP Rotini anywhere besides the centers? Mine is all out and they don't know when they will get more.

It's not "disappointing" if you understand that it's coming. 5 pounds is basically water etc. that your body is no longer storing (there's a whole chemical process blah blah blah - I don't know what it is). However, as soon as you start eating carbs again, you'll put that 5 pounds back on -- it's NOT fat, it's how your body stores/processes carbs. So people close to goal will lose an extra 5 pounds in anticipation of that often, before they phase off.

However, as a general rule, week 3 and 4 are slower so if you see any loss, celebrate. Even the people on "biggest Loser" with their trainers, and 8 hrs a day in the gym, barely see results in these weeks. Your body is adjusting and so if Jillian Michaels can't get THEM to lose big numbers, :wl:, don't stress if yours are lower too

Melanchu
01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well, I haven't checked the chat in a few days. Had my third weigh in on Saturday and I'm down another 4.6lbs!! I'm really happy!!

I'm hoping at my next weigh-in my coach will let me buy at least a few packets of restricted foods cuz I'm really dying to change it up over here! lol especially when I see that delicious looking chili and those yummy looking bars on the shelf lol anxious to try the pancakes and cookies too lol not dying change enough to cheat though, so that's good!

I think I'm going to try putting the IP cereal in my coffee tomorrow morning. My grandmother used to eat her cereal that way and I've always enjoyed it that way as well. Hopefully it will work out!

Have a wonderful night everyone!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/181/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

scorbett1103
01-28-2013, 04:58 PM
How many cups can I get out of a cucumber and bell pepper?

depends on the size of the veggie, but in my experience one cucumber yields about 2 cups, and one average/middle sized bell pepper is about 1 cup.

JenRem
01-28-2013, 05:14 PM

Ali

As someone above said regarding the chicken noodle soup...... it got too hot in the microwave. I have only heated my soup up on the stove and the instructions do say to not let it boil. I have done this accidentally and it does get all clumpy. I still ate it and didn't die lol! So, now I don't leave the kitchen when I'm heating it up to make sure it doesn't boil. If you are using the microwave, try decreasing the power level from 100% to something lower. It will still get warm, just may take a little longer and will hopefully do so in a more gradual way.
Sorry, I haven't had the cappuccino - so, I don't have any ideas about that.
Jen

lisa32989
01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well, I haven't checked the chat in a few days. Had my third weigh in on Saturday and I'm down another 4.6lbs!! I'm really happy!!

I'm hoping at my next weigh-in my coach will let me buy at least a few packets of restricted foods cuz I'm really dying to change it up over here! lol especially when I see that delicious looking chili and those yummy looking bars on the shelf lol anxious to try the pancakes and cookies too lol not dying change enough to cheat though, so that's good!

Have a wonderful night everyone!
I'm confused. Wy isn't your coach "letting you" make a purchase??
YOU are the customer.
She is providing a service.
Restricted items are on the protocol DAILY from the Beginning!
Ask her what is up IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Pretty stressed out today. So I am just checking in to VENT. In the past I would have gone out and bought some unhealthy but tasty snack and eaten it to "feel better" well that's the old me. So I have my water bottle which I will refil and I have my Peeps just writing this has made me feel a little better. I hope you're all doing well. The drive home should be interesting.

So a little rambiling story and a few NSV's, I still need to vent ;) I brought my 2011 silverado in for the 30K service on Friday. They lent me a car, a TINY little Car a Chevy Cruze. I would not have fit in the car 154 pounds ago, it was still a challenge but I did it with my duty belt on, that was a mistake but it worked.

When I dropped off my truck the service manager had a funny look on his face that did not register for me. He asked How I was doing. It was not until I was about to leave it registered. He was happy for me and I was 154 pounds smaller than the last time I saw him. I thanked Randy and left feeling a little better about myself. I had the car for two day and brought it back Saturday. I ended up trading my '11 for a '13 with only twelve miles on it. My payment's dropped and now I have brand new tires so my drive home will be a heck of a lot better than with the old tires. Yes I have ADD :dizzy: Gotta run. Stick with it every one. We are all worth it.
Soooo... You're venting b/c your stressing over the impulse but that got you a lower (albeit longer) payment and a BRAND SPANKIN NEW TRUCK????
:)
congrats!

chicagoboiler
01-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Just checking in with everyone on their Monday. I think I really didn't want to go to work today since I got to the office and my laptop was left at home...my brain was still on the weekend.

Weigh in's in our household are going great and my DH and I continually talk about how great we feel, how this diet is a lifesaver, and how much we can't slip when we're on maintenance and the importance of adopting the lifestyle (hard concept for foodies like us). We did try the veggie chili for the first time this weekend as a great lunch from the cold....it was wonderful!! I added a few spices to kick it up a notch, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I hope everyone has a great OP week!!!

Dinie89
01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Had a bad day - had a little slip up ahhhhh feel so shitty now - but I am not restarting Tom I am restarting now - eating an OP dinner and just gonna move forward =) -- WI tomorrow =)

M35A2
01-28-2013, 06:22 PM
I ended up trading my '11 for a '13 with only twelve miles on it.

Congrats on the new truck! My '05 F250 has 180k miles on it and the wife's '04 Canyon has 213k! It's not that we can't afford new vehicles it's just that we like not having the car payments. Not only are we trying to shed the extra weight but we're trying to shed the extra debt.

EPAPRN
01-28-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm confused. Wy isn't your coach "letting you" make a purchase??
YOU are the customer.
She is providing a service.
Restricted items are on the protocol DAILY from the Beginning!
Ask her what is up IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Soooo... You're venting b/c your stressing over the impulse but that got you a lower (albeit longer) payment and a BRAND SPANKIN NEW TRUCK????
congrats!

My clinic did not let us purchase or eat restricteds for the first 3 weeks.

auroragrl
01-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Okay, I am new...again. I have a few packets from earlier last year, they expired in December, I would think they are still okay to use. Your thoughts? Also, looking for support as my husband thinks I am crazy for paying $4/a pop for "non-food", but I have to do it 100% this time. I need to stop the madness. I guess I feel it's worth the $4 to get healthy. I was spending more than that when I was eating crap take out food, and snacks. It's cheaper than diabetes, stroke or a heart attack.

Ali

I have had that happen to the soups and the cappucino and hot chocolate when it is overheated.

NinjaNurse
01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Good evening all!! Good job on staying on track and WI's!!! I think it can be harder to stay on track when the Winter doldrums and playing hot and heavy!

I don't have WI until Wednesday. 2 NSV's. When I lost weight a few years back, I bought this shirt (that would go great with cowboy boots) that for some reason I love. I kept it and now it's almost too big. Also, I got a thick, fluffy, comfy, bathrobe as part of a gift set that barely fit. OMG it's BIG and snuggly and warm. LOVE IT.

SoSo
01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
:?::?::?: Well peeps I start phase 3 tomorrowm, I'm so confused about it ! Wish me luck !

IP43
01-28-2013, 09:25 PM
:?::?::?: Well peeps I start phase 3 tomorrowm, I'm so confused about it ! Wish me luck !

You don't sound psyched but I'll say a big CONGRATS!! You'll figure it out and there is a great thread of people to get support from. Just take it one day at a time :)

WELL DONE. You're almost there!

IPdivajen
01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Phase 3 is awesome - congrats! You'll get the hang of it and when you do it's bliss! Enjoy that first breakfast...it feels like cheating but it's all good.

usmcvet - congrats on the new wheels! And woot for being over the 150lb loss mark. Amazing!

AFM, I'm back under 200 and couldn't be happier. Phew! Just two more pounds to get back to my lowest mark then it's all new loss from there. 23lbs from goal - how is that possible?

Hope everyone had a great day!

Hgamroth
01-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Phase 3 is awesome - congrats! You'll get the hang of it and when you do it's bliss! Enjoy that first breakfast...it feels like cheating but it's all good.

usmcvet - congrats on the new wheels! And woot for being over the 150lb loss mark. Amazing!

AFM, I'm back under 200 and couldn't be happier. Phew! Just two more pounds to get back to my lowest mark then it's all new loss from there. 23lbs from goal - how is that possible?

Hope everyone had a great day!

WTG!!! I agree, phase 3 is awesome!!!

NinjaNurse
01-28-2013, 10:02 PM
Good Luck SoSo!!!!

LizRR
01-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Here's a thread with some breakfast ideas and recipes for Phase 3:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas-3.html

Roo2
01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Good evening everyone , love to hear all the updates.
I'm marching in to the home stretch or should I say hobbling !
I have a Mantra going in my head almost there ,almost there.
I know if I say it enough it will happen !
Good Luck everyone:carrot::carrot::carrot:Roo2

scorbett1103
01-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Good evening everyone , love to hear all the updates.
I'm marching in to the home stretch or should I say hobbling !
I have a Mantra going in my head almost there ,almost there.
I know if I say it enough it will happen !
Good Luck everyone:carrot::carrot::carrot:Roo2
Woo hooo!!!! almost there!

You will do great!!!

19momof3
01-28-2013, 11:00 PM

There is a Clinic in Trinity that I go to. It is about 20-30 minutes from Port Richey/ Hudson.
M.D. complete Fitness
8351 State Road 54 Unit 101
Trinity, FL 34655
727-463-1250.
Enjoy your vacation!

Liddybean
01-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Had a bad day - had a little slip up ahhhhh feel so shitty now - but I am not restarting Tom I am restarting now - eating an OP dinner and just gonna move forward =) -- WI tomorrow =)

Good for you for getting right back up again! :carrot: as far as I'm concerned that is a huge victory! I always seen to make it an excuse to eat something I've been craving since I've already blown it. :(.

I realize that I have a lot of food issues to work on. I really need some behavior modification work. My whole life has been either on a diet or cheating for a holiday or vacation or just because I got fed up with the diet and quit.

I had a sad day today. I had two dr. Appointments because I'm passing a kidney stone. It is excruciating. One dr. Wants me off of ip for good and wants me to go paleo now. The other dr. Understands how important it is to me to lose weight and that ip is the only thing that has ever worked for me in almost 50 years. Plus I Really feel like I have to re-lose the weight I gained after going off ip a year ago because I feel so defeated about it. Still, she is taking me off ip for two weeks to do a cleanse diet for my kidneys because of the stones.

So I will be in here reading trying to stay motivated until I can join you again in a few days.