South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Motivated Monday Beach Chat 1/28

Good morning chicks. So what motivates you today?
Pearlrose did you get your heat issue resolved? We are supposed to hit 60 on Wednesday!!! Are they kidding??? Last week single digits. My oil bill will be grateful for the break.

Work today and tomorrow then off until Monday. Sometimes I wonder is 3 15 hour days better or worse than a normal 9-5 job. Oh well only 10 years to go until retirement Have a great day, it's train time yippee
Old 01-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jekel, I'm looking around for some motivation after another evening of debauchery ... Just kidding - I don't debauch as well as I used to. My motivation will probably be looking at my weight record which shows I weigh eight pounds more than I did a year ago! Sad but true.

Off to the gym this morning to do a limited workout. I'm not sure how my broken toe will handle my usual routine. Getting into my running shoes will be the first challenge - Aleve is my friend today.

Our weather is finally moderating. We'll see 29ºF today (with snow) but then will head up to 51ºF with rain over the next two days. I will see my snowdrops peek up again for sure.

Just checked my calendar and it looks like I'm heading into a "normal" week with a bunch of village stuff. I'm going to be as relaxed as possible and make sure I have "me" time.

Off we go!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another weekend gone, another work week starting already. Can't believe it's almost February.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I hoped. Started feeling a little under the weather so I made a huge pot of soup and took it easy. I don't usually get sicker than this so hope to scare this one off too.

I'm trying to make a new plan for my day. Just found out the schools near me are on lock-down, no reason given. For me that means no visits to the area today, people have other things on their minds. I'm tempted to make it a desk day. Wouldn't be bad to avoid all those germs out there.

It's warming up here too, enough that we have weather advisories for later today - freezing rain and other slippery crud. Sadly the weekend will be back to very cold weather. I'd be happy with low 30s, cool enough for snow to stick around, warm enough to be out walking in it.

Is it too early to start talking gardens?

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-28-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Jennifer, Ruth, and CyndiM, and all other beachers to come.

What motivates me today? hmm..maybe just being able to write in my journal tonight, "SB5" meaning 5th day of being on program Still haven't gotten on the scale, I would like to keep off it as long as possible.

have a good day!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

What motivates me? Looking at the picture the SO has on his facebook page and knowing I won't fit into those capris this summer if I don't lose this extra weight. That and the looming mother of the bride shopping trip this spring. I will not buy something in a larger size!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL, nothing motivates me right now with this cold my children shared...but then I don't want to eat much, either! Ruth, when did you break your toe?! ouch!!

We have a potential ice storm going thru today, so school has been canceled. That means the kids are going to go with me to work, and hopefully between my illness and them, they'll get me out of there ASAP!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What motivates me the most is observing the health problems both my parents are having because they didn't take care of themselves when they were younger. I don't want my Golden Years to be like that.

I'm going to enjoy and indulge myself in a totally "me" day today. My DS drove Jake into the city for his surgery this morning since we're expecting this snow to change to sleet and freezing rain later, and I refuse to drive when the roads are slick. Dad has coverage for Mom this morning so I shouldn't feel guilty about treating myself to a day off, and I'll be there later this afternoon. But right now I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being curled up under my favorite quilt in my jammies, home all by myself, and watching the snow falling.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

paydaymom - Both are in the recipe section above. Soup. Casserole.

Jennifer - That weather you are expecting is due here today. Then cold again.

Ruth - Ouch.

Cyndi - I hope it's just a drill and nothing bad going on.

Holly - Nice to see you back.

Twynn - I wish having a cold made me not want to eat!

Linda - Good for you! Enjoy your day.

I'm off to the gym with mom early today. Then I work this afternoon. What motivates me right now is my trip coming up in four weeks. Naked in the hot tub is a good motivator! And I do so hate the whole packing thing, which is only made worse if I'm not fitting into my clothes.

Have a great day.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Cottage - so glad you are taking some you time today
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - good for you, and agree on your motivation. What my dad went thru was horrifying, and not sure how my mom survived it (we won't talk about what it did to her emotionally and physically). Although that does remind me - on Thursday I become a big sister, since mom is adopting her foster son.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

2nd day with no heat... Hopefully it will be fixed today. The only good thing is I did a lot of step climbing in b/c the wood stove is down stairs.

My eating was off yesterday too. It was a combo of needing to go to store and who wants a salad or to cook in a kitchen that is 50 degrees...

At the moment nothing is motivating me as this cold is getting worse each day and the cold house is not helping it.

On most days I think I am going to be an Aunt the first time in July and I do not want fat or at least not this fat pictures with that new beautiful baby. I guess that is sorta of vain...oh well!

Have a great Monday!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 93.2kg - 91.5kg - 65kg

Height: 163cm

Hi everyone.
After a great 2 weeks phase 1 I kind of dropped to ball in phase 1.5. Too many carbs and a dinner and a whole day of lots of non SB food. And not surprisingly the scale is up almost 2 pounds. I did however start working out again and this week the temperatures should be over freezing so less excuses for not going out for a run.
So this week I want to get back on track and re-loose those 2 pounds so I can fit into my too tight pants in 6 weeks when we go on holiday.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Jennifer. I personally like fewer long days. Now I'm doing a week on/week off switch with a coworker once a month. I'm just winding down on my week off. It's been wonderful.

Ruth, I hope your gym shoes are "semi comfortable". Enjoy your day!

Cyndi, hope you do get to wfh!

Holly, yay for 5days OP!

Twynn, I hope you get back home really soon!

Linda, enjoy your book and time at home!

Karen, enjoy your workout w/mom!

Nina, you'll do fine...the scale often twitches back up when you come out of P1 but will certainly readjust as you stay OP.

Me, heading to the pool for water yoga...Used to be my favorite class but this will only be the second time I've gotten to go since starting my job a year ago. Mondays are not a flexible trade off day....I slid this one in. Its raining here which means the passes are snowy. I was thinking of heading over later today but think I'll sit tight.

What motivates me?? How I feel is #1. I've never felt better in my entire life, even though I still have pounds to shed. Not carrying around the extra 90+ has been nice, too. Flexibility with foods in my day to day life is great. There aren't many places I go that I can't fit in something OP.

Have a great day!

I've enjoyed everyone sharing their motivations!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Work is super busy I don't have time to think, but the clock sure does fly by though

I have to run to a meeting so I don't have time for personals, hope everyone is doing well.

What motivates me- I want to be one of those super healthy 80 years old that do all kinds of things without my body hurting on me all the time.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

So glad I posed the motivation question this morning Really enjoy reading the responses on my train ride home. Guess I should answer my own question. There are a few things that motivate me. Being active setting goals for myself that I will achieve. Learning how to feel good about myself. Looking forward to enjoying an active lifestyle well into retirement. Everyone reading this, you motivate me just by sharing your experiences so I sincerely thank you xoxo
Closed Thread