Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun January 26/27, 2013

lisa32989
01-26-2013, 06:42 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Glover girl
01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone,
I am pleased to report that my first visit to a restaurant since starting ip was great! I asked that the risotto that came with my ahi tuna be replaced with steamed veggies and the chef was very accommodating. My dinner looked even more appetizing than my dh's who had the same thing. We went out with friends that we usually drink a lot of wine with ( counting the bottles in the morning), but last night we had tea together when we got home. I didn't feel deprived. I hope I can stay in this mindset forever!:dizzy: hope you all have a lovely weekend op.

lisa32989
01-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone,
I am pleased to report that my first visit to a restaurant since starting ip was great! I asked that the risotto that came with my ahi tuna be replaced with steamed veggies and the chef was very accommodating. My dinner looked even more appetizing than my dh's who had the same thing. We went out with friends that we usually drink a lot of wine with ( counting the bottles in the morning), but last night we had tea together when we got home. I didn't feel deprived. I hope I can stay in this mindset forever!:dizzy: hope you all have a lovely weekend op.

You don't have to stay in this mindset forever! Not drinking at all is temporary, although I WILL warn you, my mom who lost around 40 from June-October is STILL not drinking nearly as much as she used to. Now she says she is happy with a half glass of wine or just tasting her husband's. And she could count the bottles with the best of us! :cheers: She is SOOO happy with her smaller size (she has sent me all of her too big clothes, which I am just now fitting into) that she NEVER wants to go back there.

It's kind of a story. I had decided I was going to start IP when I returned from our summer vacation. We vacation for a month in Northern Michigan to escape the St Louis heat (and last year was a doozy!). When I got to my mom's house (she has a great place on Grand Traverse Bay, why go anywhere else?) SHE was on IP and had been for about a month! Strange!

She is 72 so she didn't lose at the speed IP was claiming at the time but it was STILL faster than anything else she had tried. She was wearing 16s and 18s when she started. She is happily in 10s and 12s now (and I inherited her hips!) I started in tight 24s. I'm now wearing many of Mom's hand-me-downs (our tastes don't always match) and other things I picked up at 2nd-hand stores or saved from my bout with Atkins 10 years ago.

My mom has a MUCH smaller bone structure than I...I can't wear her watches or rings because her wrists and fingers are so tiny. She's also about an inch shorter than me. I think she's 130 or 135 now. I'm thinking I'll start Phase 2 when I get into normal BMI and we'll see where I go from there.

:cofdate: Dinner plans with friends got scratched last nite. Rescheduled for tonite. Celebrating a new US Citizen. After her swearing-in ceremony, she went straight to register to vote. :)

Wow, this got long. Sorry. Happy Saturday everyone! Yoga complete :yoga:
Cleaning to commence! :crazy:

Oh, and for good measure, the wii fit was UNDER 199 today. Monday's WI is looking good! I guess "her elusiveness" liked the name sweetart.

jeffiner
01-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Good mornign..I woke up and just knew the scale would be my friend today..down two more pounds! Then two out of my three kids were invited to play dates and my mom is taking the third to get some errands done..so suddenly DH and I have a whole afternoon alone together! We will probably go shopping for veggies, romantic huh..but it is some much needed time just together!
Have a great OP weekend everyone!

mrskuby
01-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Good morning! Just stopping by to check in! I've done Bikram yoga two days in a row...I'm actually surprised at how sore I am! I've done it before and never felt this sore but then again I spose not being able to do my bootcamp and kickboxing classes has had an effect. It's nice to be moving again. I hope it doesn't slow down my weight loss...

I bought IP pancake mix but I've tried it twice and I can't get them to come out well at all. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or my expectations are too high. LOL I just tried to search the boards for recipes using the pancake mix but all I found was recipes for pancakes using the crispy cereal. Does anyone have any ideas to use up these packs?:?:

Off to BonTon to buy $100 of stuff for $50! Love coupons!:D

Trina M
01-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Well the weekend is here and I'm motivated to keep moving so that I don't feel the urge to snack. Great during the week and can't wait for the weekend but if I have time to sit around that is when I think of snacking with my daughter. I'm going to go grocery shopping today and get some fresh veggies and have them around for when I get the urge. Have a great weekend!

becca46200
01-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Girls i am so happy I lost 11 lbs of my 66 goal :)

mrskuby
01-26-2013, 11:02 AM

Good for you, Becca!!! :carrot:

becca46200
01-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Thank you!! MrsKuby I so happy to be on this forum :)

SweetShe
01-26-2013, 11:12 AM
I've been on IP for 3 weeks now - lost 18 lbs...and I...wait for it...feel like cleaning!! I'm thinking of rearranging cabinets, washing all blankets in the house - WHAT??!!

Thanks IP...not sure if that is sarcastic or not...but just the thought of doing most of these things is new!! Welcome back energy!

A1Texan
01-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Good morning Lisa...Love your new picture :D

A1Texan
01-26-2013, 11:37 AM
It's so nice to be able to bend over and tie my shoes without holding my breath because my gut wouldn't allow my lungs to function.....It's the small things like that I'm IP grateful :dancer:

A1Texan
01-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I just got my first shipment of Nashua Products in. I ordered:
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Smooth Caramel & Peanut
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - Chipotle
Syntrax - Nectar Grab N Go - Caribbean Cooler
Syntrax - Nectar Grab N Go - Double Stuffed Cookie
Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Creamy Cheesecake

Can't wait to try these bad boys. I think I'm going to try to use the Double Stuffed Cookie to make the "Mug Cake" that Rainbow posted - Along with the Chocolate version just in case. I'll let you know how it turns out...

sahmmommy2
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Lisa - Awesome new profile picture! You look beautiful!

A1Texan - Awesome NSV!

Feeling skinny and happy today! For all you newbies out there, stick with it! It is SO worth it:D

jmuroff1
01-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Good Morning everyone! This is day 2 of my bootcamp and im sooooo hungry!! but im trucking along :)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-26-2013, 12:52 PM
I just got my first shipment of Nashua Products in. I ordered:
Proti-Thin Snack - Chili & Lime Soy
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Smooth Caramel & Peanut
ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - Chipotle
Syntrax - Nectar Grab N Go - Caribbean Cooler
Syntrax - Nectar Grab N Go - Double Stuffed Cookie
Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Creamy Cheesecake

Can't wait to try these bad boys. I think I'm going to try to use the Double Stuffed Cookie to make the "Mug Cake" that Rainbow posted - Along with the Chocolate version just in case. I'll let you know how it turns out...

WLS Cheesecake Pudding = AMAZING!!!

chicagoboiler
01-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Happy Weekend everyone. The weekends are hard for me because I have structure to my days during the week and there's more temptations with social events and etc. I learned this morning that I cannot handle being a daily weigher. My DH and I track on our bathroom door our weights daily to keep accountable and we have a picture of our resort in St. Lucia we're going to in April as motivation. Since there are fluctuations, I've started becoming discouraged even if I get positive results 2 days later. I felt amazing when I woke up and then saw a .4lb fluctuation and now I'm frustrated. Therefore, the scale is going away for a few days :wave:

Off to chores and errands and everything else. Enjoy IP'ers!!!

Desafinado
01-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Is there some packet recipe that makes a brownie? I want a brownie. Just one.

lisa32989
01-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Is there some packet recipe that makes a brownie? I want a brownie. Just one.
Use the muffin recipe & chocolate pudding.

lisa32989
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Good morning Lisa...Love your new picture :D
Thanks!
It's so nice to be able to bend over and tie my shoes without holding my breath because my gut wouldn't allow my lungs to function.....It's the small things like that I'm IP grateful :dancer:
Oh yeah! I'd forgotten that. And some TMI things too personal-care-wise.

amberjules
01-26-2013, 02:35 PM

What a great feeling A1Texan!:carrot:

Lisa - Awesome new profile picture! You look beautiful!

A1Texan - Awesome NSV!

Feeling skinny and happy today! For all you newbies out there, stick with it! It is SO worth it:D

sahmmommy you look so happy in your picture and your weight loss ticker is moving fast! You'll be at goal before you know it.

amberjules
01-26-2013, 02:44 PM
With all of my weight loss since starting IP I've dropped 3 pants size and now most of my clothes don't fit. Time to go through the closet and see if I can find something from my smaller days.

Where do you all shop for clothes that are cheaper but still nice while in that "in between size" before reaching goal?

LosingLawyer
01-26-2013, 02:55 PM

Can't wait to find out how the syntrax works as a mug cake. I like them because they are whey protein and have no carbs, but they are a little on the watery side (I'm so used to the EAS shakes).

LosingLawyer
01-26-2013, 02:57 PM
With all of my weight loss since starting IP I've dropped 3 pants size and now most of my clothes don't fit. Time to go through the closet and see if I can find something from my smaller days.

Where do you all shop for clothes that are cheaper but still nice while in that "in between size" before reaching goal?

Old Navy and Kohl's both have great clearance racks. Also, TJ Maxx, Loehmann's, etc. where you can get nicer quality clothes at discount prices. I've even been shopping Macy's and Nordstrom's sales racks.

speterson
01-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Down 5pds This Week Yay

evepet
01-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Can't wait to find out how the syntrax works as a mug cake. I like them because they are whey protein and have no carbs, but they are a little on the watery side (I'm so used to the EAS shakes).

I haven't tried Syntrax - was going to, because they've got quite a few good reviews here, then I read a few people here also say they were watery. The latest protein powder I've tried is the one I like the best - the ChocoRite line. It makes a nice thick drink. I've got the french vanilla (blend it in chai tea - yummy), chocolate supreme, and the cappucino (blend in decaf coffee) and thoroughly enjoy all three flavors. In fact, it is thick enough that I occasionally use just 1/2 a serving, and then have the other 1/2 as a 'treat' a couple of hours later. This link is from thelowcarbgrocery in Canada, but I'm sure these same products are available from netrition. http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/healthsmart-foods-chocorite-protein-powder-chocolate-supreme-p-1858.html?cPath=132_222_578

SDChickie
01-26-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm elated that, after a month of small victories, I finally had another whoosh! 6.2 pounds and 3 inches down this week. So happy, in fact, that I went ahead and lowered my goal by 10 pounds... because, if I'm honest, it's where I wanted to be anyway! :D

kdspirited
01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi All
I was up a pound today when I weighed myslef. slightly upset but not discouraged. Tonight I am going out with some friends and they almost always end up at a bar. I want to make sure I stay strong. There is a lot of peer pressure.

Suzali
01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Hubby was so sweet today, said "honey, I'm really liking those curves", I'm thinking to myself, "didn't I have curves before", I think he's noticing my bones finally! Feels so good to be on IP, saying no to temptations, learning how to eat in restaurants, and realizing that food isn't what makes me happy. It's feeling good about myself and being able to do this for me is what makes me happy. :)

Suzali
01-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi All
I was up a pound today when I weighed myslef. slightly upset but not discouraged. Tonight I am going out with some friends and they almost always end up at a bar. I want to make sure I stay strong. There is a lot of peer pressure.

You can stay strong, it's not worth it to go Off Plan, drink some hot tea, or water with lemon and keep telling yourself how worth it all of the resistance will be when you hit your goal. Think of it this way, wouldn't you rather be happy about staying on plan, than feeling guilty about going off plan?

cjennyh
01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to IP. Started Monday, 1/21 and my weigh-in is Monday 1/28. I've lost 7 so far. Days 1-3 were great, days 4 and 5 (yesterday especially) were harsh with hunger and headache. I found myself going to bed early just to avoid the hunger. BUT, today is going great. I'm only a little hungry. And am proud of myself for getting through my first snow-in last when I normally want to eat and bake and cook. Instead, I made a nice dinner for myself and my family, and read through the 3FC site. It's a big help and provides much needed inspiration. I think it will only get better next week when I'm able to choose my own foods and return the packs I don't want. FYI, crispy cereal and potato puree, will never pass over my lips again! I really want to exercise, but am trying to do what they tell me. I've never wanted to exercise before, but now I do? I think I want to fill up my time with rewards and activities to help realize theere is so much more to life than food!

Glover girl
01-26-2013, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=lisa32989;4607809]You don't have to stay in this mindset forever! Not drinking at all is temporary, although I WILL warn you, my mom who lost around 40 from June-October is STILL not drinking nearly as much as she used to. Now she says she is happy with a half glass of wine or just tasting her husband's. And she could count the bottles with the best of us! :cheers: She is SOOO happy with her smaller size (she has sent me all of her too big clothes, which I am just now fitting into) that she NEVER wants to go back there.

Lisa, thanks for sharing your story with me. I am so psyched for and all your weight loss achievements! Onderland! That is definitely a goal of mine, I haven't been there in over 20 years.

Glover girl
01-26-2013, 05:27 PM

Congratulations! Great feeling isn't it?:carrot:

Dinie89
01-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Today's a super hungry day for me - we started renovating are 1960 bathroom - spent last 6 hours ripping tiles so been working tons now just trying to hold off the hunger till dinner time =) - I set myself a mini goal today to lose 25lbs by st.pattys day =)

becca46200
01-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Thank you Dinie89 I am so happy, the best part is that I have serious back problems and over weight triggers my pain

Irene87
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
First weight in and I lost 6.8!!!! I'm so happy!!!

Sammie12
01-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Woo hoo for the weekend. Wow great wi's today. Started doing my taxes today always a great day when I don't have to owe so far. Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

scorbett1103
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Good morning everyone,

Great job!!!!

We have a couple of great consignment stores nearby, I would much rather buy secondhand especially knowing I would only be in the size for a few weeks. There were a couple of things I literally wore twice and then donated back to the store I bought them from!

Hi All

If you can get a hold of some Mio or Dasani Drops, stash it in your purse. Order a plain soda water (NOT seltzer) or just water, and squirt some flavoring in there, nobody will be the wiser that you don't have a fancy mixed drink! I did that for my 20th reunion, got some Berry Pomegranate Mio and had my "fancy cocktail" during the party :)

LOVE hearing all the losses and NSV's!!! I've had a rough week schedule-wise - hubby started back to school on Wednesday, which threw our schedule into a tizzy. Then Wed night and Thurs night I barely slept finishing up some cake/cake pop orders. Friday is my 16 hour work day, though the early part of the day I work for my Mother in law and we did some quilting, which was fun :) I literally passed out after my hospital shift Friday night, barely made it into my PJ's before hitting the pillow unconscious. This morning I had a raging headache so I didn't get to the gym to run, just barely made it to the kids' swimming lessons. Had to take a nap afterward before work, and woke up 10 minutes before my shift! I am hoping that this is just a temporary fatigue, and not another round with one of the flu bugs going around.

I was so thankful that I had made a big batch of veggie soup and portioned it out in the freezer last week! That has been my lifesaver both in making sure I get my veggies in, and having some comfort food today when I felt like poop.

kdspirited
01-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks Scorbett1103. Ill go buy MIO right now and keep it on me all night

Liddybean
01-26-2013, 07:00 PM
This was my third week back on IP and it was a disaster. It started on monday when i was asked to make a dessert instead of a savory for a meeting. With the savory I would have been okay - but the dessert was destined to be a problem. I can usually withstand cheating at parties and events but my trigger is when I make something myself. I cook by taste and it got me into a lot of trouble this week. I made a dessert and didn't follow a recipe so i was tasting it to see if it needed more of this or that and by the time i was done i had the equivalent of an entire piece. Diet blown for 3 days!

So i got back on track. And probably just got back into ketosis yesterday. Today i had a luncheon to attend. And i was a guest of honor. (one of a few). It was a pre determined menu. I went to this luncheon last year so this year i knew i could just stick to salad and the meat. Only this year the salad was predressed and full of blue cheese and the meat was breaded. I tried discreetly to shave the breading off my chicken to no avail. it was on there good. And since i had so many carbs already i gave in and justified dessert. So now I'm starting all over again. Again. Again.

I'm also having a problem with being creative with packets. Yesterday I created carrot cake muffins with the vanilla pudding. Once the recipe was done each muffin was 1 carb and 100 calories because i used too much fat. So this morning i was three pounds heavier than last week. I thought i learned this lesson already that i have a lot of physical issues and can't be creative on IP. I need to stick to the 3 packets plus meat and veggies and don't get all fancy.

So I'm discouraged but starting again with greater resolve. I know once i get into a good groove I will be able to stay there with greater strength.

MyTime50
01-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to IP. Started Monday, 1/21 and my weigh-in is Monday 1/28. I've lost 7 so far. Days 1-3 were great, days 4 and 5 (yesterday especially) were harsh with hunger and headache. I found myself going to bed early just to avoid the hunger. BUT, today is going great. I'm only a little hungry. And am proud of myself for getting through my first snow-in last when I normally want to eat and bake and cook. Instead, I made a nice dinner for myself and my family, and read through the 3FC site. It's a big help and provides much needed inspiration. I think it will only get better next week when I'm able to choose my own foods and return the packs I don't want. FYI, crispy cereal and potato puree, will never pass over my lips again! I really want to exercise, but am trying to do what they tell me. I've never wanted to exercise before, but now I do? I think I want to fill up my time with rewards and activities to help realize theere is so much more to life than food!

Cjennyh,
Don't give up on the crispy cereal just yet! I hated it as a packet, but then I made pancakes out of it and OMG! My favorite breakfast of all!!!! Check out the recipe threads for different ways to use both of them and you might be pleasantly surprised. Good luck!

amberjules
01-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Old Navy and Kohl's both have great clearance racks. Also, TJ Maxx, Loehmann's, etc. where you can get nicer quality clothes at discount prices. I've even been shopping Macy's and Nordstrom's sales racks.

Very good ideas, I hadn't thought of TJ Maxx. I'll have to head over there tomorrow!

Down 5pds This Week Yay

Congrats! That's a great weight loss!

I'm elated that, after a month of small victories, I finally had another whoosh! 6.2 pounds and 3 inches down this week. So happy, in fact, that I went ahead and lowered my goal by 10 pounds... because, if I'm honest, it's where I wanted to be anyway! :D

Wow 6.2 lbs!!! You're rockin' it lady! I love that you changed your goal because you're getting CLOSER! :D

Hubby was so sweet today, said "honey, I'm really liking those curves", I'm thinking to myself, "didn't I have curves before", I think he's noticing my bones finally! Feels so good to be on IP, saying no to temptations, learning how to eat in restaurants, and realizing that food isn't what makes me happy. It's feeling good about myself and being able to do this for me is what makes me happy. :)

Ahhh...what a sweet dh. Has he noticed how fast your toe nails and finger nails are growing? Mine are like weeds...I feel like I'm cutting them every week. Must be the protein.

First weight in and I lost 6.8!!!! I'm so happy!!!

Congrats Irene! Incredible weight loss on your first week! You're doing amazing.

I've done my grocery shopping for the week and now I'm tired. I got up a little late with a bit of a headache for some reason. I think it's the weather. We've had some weird weather and that nasty flu bug is going around the office for the second time now. I'm hoping it doesn't catch me.

I bought some rhubarb today for this first time. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it yet. I just remember that everybody keeps raving about it so now I need to go find some recipes. ;)

Irene87
01-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Very good ideas, I hadn't thought of TJ Maxx. I'll have to head over there tomorrow!

Congrats! That's a great weight loss!

Wow 6.2 lbs!!! You're rockin' it lady! I love that you changed your goal because you're getting CLOSER! :D

Ahhh...what a sweet dh. Has he noticed how fast your toe nails and finger nails are growing? Mine are like weeds...I feel like I'm cutting them every week. Must be the protein.

Congrats Irene! Incredible weight loss on your first week! You're doing amazing.

I've done my grocery shopping for the week and now I'm tired. I got up a little late with a bit of a headache for some reason. I think it's the weather. We've had some weird weather and that nasty flu bug is going around the office for the second time now. I'm hoping it doesn't catch me.

I bought some rhubarb today for this first time. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it yet. I just remember that everybody keeps raving about it so now I need to go find some recipes. ;)
Thanks so much for all the encouragement! :)
It's been challenging but I think I'm getting the hang of it :)

I have absolutely no idea what rhubarb is and how to make it. Let me know if its any good? And does anyone have any veggie suggestion, I don't seem to be eating enough.

LosingLawyer
01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
I haven't tried Syntrax - was going to, because they've got quite a few good reviews here, then I read a few people here also say they were watery. The latest protein powder I've tried is the one I like the best - the ChocoRite line. It makes a nice thick drink. I've got the french vanilla (blend it in chai tea - yummy), chocolate supreme, and the cappucino (blend in decaf coffee) and thoroughly enjoy all three flavors. In fact, it is thick enough that I occasionally use just 1/2 a serving, and then have the other 1/2 as a 'treat' a couple of hours later. This link is from thelowcarbgrocery in Canada, but I'm sure these same products are available from netrition. http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/healthsmart-foods-chocorite-protein-powder-chocolate-supreme-p-1858.html?cPath=132_222_578

I really like the syntrax flavors I've tried, I think it's just a mental thing with them being a thinner drink. I love fuzzy navel and don't mind it being thin because its like juice. I just ordered some more sample packets of the fruit flavors.

Thanks so much for the information on Chocorite! They look fantastic and I can order from netrition. I saw one reviewer said she uses one scoop of peanut butter and one scoop of chocolate to make a protein shake that tastes like a peanut butter cup. Sounds yummy.

Desafinado
01-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Just made the cake in a cup and it is yummy. Completely kills my brownie craving from earlier.

Taboo
01-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I've been lurking for the past 80lbs and decided it was time to introduce myself. Last April a friend started IP and invited me to do 100 days with her. I said yes and 80 lbs later, it's been an amazing journey. I started on April 15th and lost 10 lbs the first week. The weight loss has slowed, but I've always lost with every weigh-in. This website has been incredibly helpful in offering great suggestions and I am very appreciative of the great ideas and support you all post.
-To whoever posted about the popcorn seasonings , thank you. They have been a huge help.
-The post on liquid Splenda was helpful. I ordered on line and it works great. This week I made a type of red pepper sauce with the Splenda and it was great (diced tomatoes, red peppers, onions, vinegar, Splenda). Love it on broccoli or chicken! I want to dry making meringue cookies using the liquid Splenda.
-I am a chocoholic. Fortunately the choc drink mix works well for me. Many of you posted about Protidiet and I've picked up some of their bars.
-most WF products I could live without. Their pancake syrup is very acceptable. A dash of Splenda does help the salad dressings taste better.
-Ive learned to never leave the house without a container of ice water or hungry.
-Clothing is an interesting journey. I was wearing18/20W last April and am now a 10/12. I anticipate dropping one more size before going into maintenance. Fortunately a good friend was also dieting and since she started at a lower weight, she would ship me clothes every three weeks. These boxes were great incentive for me! One of my sisters is currently loaning me some of her clothes as I change sizes. I've also shopped a lot of clearance racks and thrift stores. And, I just do laundry more often!
-On the fifth day I had a meltdown, but stuck it out. I occasionally falter, but recording on My Fitness Pal keeps me in check and I've become consciously aware of every food choice.
-About the third week I was driving home from running errands and I realized I wasn't exhausted! That was the moment I realized how my carb choices had been controlling so much of how I enjoyed life.
-I've been very fortunate to have a supportive work environment. After loosing 50lbs, our daily paper used a previous photo of me in a story......argh! My face/neck have changed dramatically and I didn't like the old photo at all!

IP has changed my life and I am very grateful to have found a better "me"! Thank you for all of your posts and I know there are a lot more lurkers out there who you help also!

gidgetonsweets
01-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Good afternoon chic's, I was so excited about my first week with a -10lb but l was wondering what went wrong on my 2nd WI only a -2lb. Thank god for this site. I looked at other chic's progress and found that they did well over time, somtimes pounds going up or down but still succeded. I must say congrat's to all those who have reached their goals. This is much harder than I imagined.

goldilocksinct
01-26-2013, 10:26 PM
Wow, Taboo, what a great story! Congratulations on your success. I appreciate your comments. I have a lot more veggies and recipes to try. I do love the crispy cereal pancakes with the WF syrup on the weekends when I have the time.

goldilocksinct
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Oh, and one of the grocery chains around here in CT (Big Y) started carrying the liquid splenda (Sweetzfree), but it has been marked down as clearance lately. It is a big bottle for $3.99 so I have been stocking up. I keep one in my car and in my desk at work.

I also have to try to make meringue cookies with it.

rainbowsmiles
01-26-2013, 10:50 PM
I've been lurking for the past 80lbs and decided it was time to introduce myself. Last April a friend started IP and invited me to do 100 days with her. I said yes and 80 lbs later, it's been an amazing journey. I started on April 15th and lost 10 lbs the first week. The weight loss has slowed, but I've always lost with every weigh-in. This website has been incredibly helpful in offering great suggestions and I am very appreciative of the great ideas and support you all post.
-To whoever posted about the popcorn seasonings , thank you. They have been a huge help.
-The post on liquid Splenda was helpful. I ordered on line and it works great. This week I made a type of red pepper sauce with the Splenda and it was great (diced tomatoes, red peppers, onions, vinegar, Splenda). Love it on broccoli or chicken! I want to dry making meringue cookies using the liquid Splenda.
-I am a chocoholic. Fortunately the choc drink mix works well for me. Many of you posted about Protidiet and I've picked up some of their bars.
-most WF products I could live without. Their pancake syrup is very acceptable. A dash of Splenda does help the salad dressings taste better.
-Ive learned to never leave the house without a container of ice water or hungry.
-Clothing is an interesting journey. I was wearing18/20W last April and am now a 10/12. I anticipate dropping one more size before going into maintenance. Fortunately a good friend was also dieting and since she started at a lower weight, she would ship me clothes every three weeks. These boxes were great incentive for me! One of my sisters is currently loaning me some of her clothes as I change sizes. I've also shopped a lot of clearance racks and thrift stores. And, I just do laundry more often!
-On the fifth day I had a meltdown, but stuck it out. I occasionally falter, but recording on My Fitness Pal keeps me in check and I've become consciously aware of every food choice.
-About the third week I was driving home from running errands and I realized I wasn't exhausted! That was the moment I realized how my carb choices had been controlling so much of how I enjoyed life.
-I've been very fortunate to have a supportive work environment. After loosing 50lbs, our daily paper used a previous photo of me in a story......argh! My face/neck have changed dramatically and I didn't like the old photo at all!

IP has changed my life and I am very grateful to have found a better "me"! Thank you for all of your posts and I know there are a lot more lurkers out there who you help also!

what a GREAT post!!! WELL DONE!! :bravo:

gidgetonsweets
01-26-2013, 10:57 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slide-bike/lb/250/150/238/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

IP43
01-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Good morning! I bought IP pancake mix but I've tried it twice and I can't get them to come out well at all. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or my expectations are too high. LOL I just tried to search the boards for recipes using the pancake mix but all I found was recipes for pancakes using the crispy cereal. Does anyone have any ideas to use up these packs?:?:

You can mix them with your crushed rice cereal or potato puree to make a 'double batch'. The problem with them is that they are restricted so it wastes the sacred R for the day, when you can use the cereal to make pancakes as well. The pancakes also make better "cakes" so maybe try them as a cupcake or dessert??

..... I think it will only get better next week when I'm able to choose my own foods and return the packs I don't want. FYI, crispy cereal and potato puree, will never pass over my lips again!

i used to think the same thing, and now those are some of my "go to" favourites because I can bake with them. LOL...Give it time. Your tastes change a bit

I'm at my MIL and as I predicted, every salad was pre-made with creamy, or sweet sauces. The ham was basted and cooked in pineapple juice. Scalloped potatoes, baked beans, buns and lots of desserts rounded out the meal. I think I ate half of the "appetizer" veggie tray trying to fill up! LOL

HOWEVER, on the way to her house I stopped at Subway and ordered a chopped chicken salad. Those are DELISH if anyone is looking for a meal out.
Sure beat beans and scalloped potatoes! Le sigh.

ladylunk
01-27-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm at my MIL and as I predicted, every salad was pre-made with creamy, or sweet sauces. The ham was basted and cooked in pineapple juice. Scalloped potatoes, baked beans, buns and lots of desserts rounded out the meal. I think I ate half of the "appetizer" veggie tray trying to fill up! LOL

HOWEVER, on the way to her house I stopped at Subway and ordered a chopped chicken salad. Those are DELISH if anyone is looking for a meal out.

Just as you predicted. Can't believe she couldn't do something a bit plainer for you to partake with everyone. But that's mother in laws.......

ladylunk
01-27-2013, 01:26 AM

Thanks for your post. Great info. I am just new at this, you have a lot of days under your belt and have done so well.... much appreciated..... What is it about the popcorn seasonings?????

mompattie
01-27-2013, 03:28 AM

Great tip on the Safeway salad!! We don't have a safeway here but when we travel I get sick of subway. Nice t know this! (There's that LE sigh again). LOL. And what is it about MIL's?? Mines pretty good I have to say, but there's so many who KNOW you're on IP and yet still offer no food choices!!! Geez. Those are the creepers I must say. The underminers.

Just got home from an awesome night out!! Went to a cabaret with a group of friends!! Danced, visited, laughed, and drank.....WATER!!! Everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I said I was good with my sexy size 16 jeans in and have a goal to reach!! Plus I had a blast and you don't need alcohol to have fun! Plus watching everyone get stumbling drunk at the end of the night I laugh at them....gonna feel like crap tomorrow all hung over and I'm good to go!! Great night, awesome to have a night out with DH and friends!!

Nolawhodatchick
01-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Taboo-

Thank you for sharing. It's wonderful to learn that someone has been out there in our little IP family silently kicking b*tt for the last several months. Your story is inspirational.

Mompattie-
Glad you had a fun night out! I was thinking of you all last week, hope you are doing well.

IP43-
MILs...what more need be said!

Happy Sunday, everyone. Hope you all have a safe and wonderful day!

eta: Forgot to say, WI today, -1.2 lbs, end of second week of alternative protocol (for diabetics). This loss is consistent with the past several weeks, so far I don't see a major slow down from switching.

bubbleblower
01-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Just got home from an awesome night out!! Went to a cabaret with a group of friends!! Danced, visited, laughed, and drank.....WATER!!! Everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I said I was good with my sexy size 16 jeans in and have a goal to reach!! Plus I had a blast and you don't need alcohol to have fun! Plus watching everyone get stumbling drunk at the end of the night I laugh at them....gonna feel like crap tomorrow all hung over and I'm good to go!! Great night, awesome to have a night out with DH and friends!!

Ain't that the truth!! The one downside I'm finding is that I'm losing patience with the people who seem to turn stupid when they drink.

I'm having a challenging weekend. I've stayed 100% OP but am finding myself getting super grumpy. I'm under a lot of stress right now with the sale of my home and planning to move, and just feel ready to be done with the regimented eating. It didn't help yesterday that all of my food choices were horrible in terms of taste and I could barely finish them. Nothing seemed to taste good and I was eating purely for sustenance and not enjoying a single thing that I put in my mouth. I have just *got* to get out of this funk I'm in!! I'm sure it's getting old for DH.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to share your stories in this forum. It does help being able to come here and see how everyone is doing. Keep up the good work!!

Willi
01-27-2013, 08:54 AM

Talbots are having a great sale now. I bought some pants the next size down.

Minch
01-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey Chics! Hope you're all having a good weekend! My weight loss has been going really well but my life feels like it's in limbo right now. I'm opening my own IP clinic but have to wait for my business name to get registered and it's taking longer than I expected. I wanted to open the doors February 1st but it may be delayed a week.

I'm still working 30 hours/week with a part time job but it ends mid-April so this will give me time to get a few clients and have things rolling well (hopefully!) for a grand opening at that time. Wish me luck!

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Ain't that the truth!! The one downside I'm finding is that I'm losing patience with the people who seem to turn stupid when they drink.

I'm having a challenging weekend. I've stayed 100% OP but am finding myself getting super grumpy. I'm under a lot of stress right now with the sale of my home and planning to move, and just feel ready to be done with the regimented eating. It didn't help yesterday that all of my food choices were horrible in terms of taste and I could barely finish them. Nothing seemed to taste good and I was eating purely for sustenance and not enjoying a single thing that I put in my mouth. I have just *got* to get out of this funk I'm in!! I'm sure it's getting old for DH.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to share your stories in this forum. It does help being able to come here and see how everyone is doing. Keep up the good work!!
You're in the home stretch, alto really? It's getting old? There are people who have been dong phase 1 a LOT longer (just ribbing you...I can only imagine what I feels like to be so close). I DO know how demoralizing bad food can be. I've had to set some limits as we go out a LOT. #1 rule: no bar food! I just get tired of the choices at those places.

My mom did her last month or so on P2 to lose the rest of the weight. She just needed more real food. Just some "food" for thought...

Willi
01-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Hey Chics! Hope you're all having a good weekend! My weight loss has been going really well but my life feels like it's in limbo right now. I'm opening my own IP clinic but have to wait for my business name to get registered and it's taking longer than I expected. I wanted to open the doors February 1st but it may be delayed a week.

I'm still working 30 hours/week with a part time job but it ends mid-April so this will give me time to get a few clients and have things rolling well (hopefully!) for a grand opening at that time. Wish me luck!

Best wishes! You will be an inspiration to your clients.

Taboo
01-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Ladylunk, the popcorn seasoning was referenced abut three weeks ago. There are several great flavors....the white cheddar is great on egg whites.

I should also have mentioned that at Christmas dinner, I had gotten the disposable foil cake pans and everyone went home with a leftover package. I didn't have anything left in the fridge at the end of the day that I wasn't IP friendly. Temptation went right out the door!

sahmmommy2
01-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone! Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on. WI is tomorrow so we'll see where I'm at.

We're waiting for the nice freezing rain to hit here. Think we'll be staying close to home today!

De11s
01-27-2013, 11:17 AM
:flow1:Sounds like everyone is doing well, I had a great day with my DD we went to the nail salon I needed a re-base and I spoiled her with a pedicure after taking care of 3 sick little girls last week she needed some time to relax. We went to lunch at subway so I just ordered a veggie salad and had my WF to go packet and a Mango RM drink. Then we were off to a friends house for an, It works wrap party, had a great OP time.

Bellamack
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Please, Please, Please God! I recently got out of cast/ walking cast from a torn tendon that happened the end of August!!!, then had the flu ( yes, I had the flu shot), Got a cortisone shot in my "good" shoulder last week and today I wake up with UTI, I will call the doctor in the morning for some antibiotics. WWWWWWWHAT? is going on, could I PLEASE be healthy for ONE MOMENT IN TIME! It is because I turned 55, I hate getting older, but hubby says "it beats the alternative!", well he is gonna have to convince me today! that was my rant for the year!

Taboo, loved reading your story. Congrats!

Keep up the good work Ipeeps & mompattie it sounds like you are having some fun!

Off to my sewing cave for the afternoon while hubby watches football :)

bubbleblower
01-27-2013, 12:00 PM
You're in the home stretch, alto really? It's getting old? There are people who have been dong phase 1 a LOT longer (just ribbing you...I can only imagine what I feels like to be so close). I DO know how demoralizing bad food can be. I've had to set some limits as we go out a LOT. #1 rule: no bar food! I just get tired of the choices at those places.

My mom did her last month or so on P2 to lose the rest of the weight. She just needed more real food. Just some "food" for thought...

Hi Lisa. My comment about it getting old was in relation to my grumpiness for DH. Of course bad tasting food doesn't help. ;) I'll have to try to be more creative with my recipes. It didn't make it any easier that DH didn't want me to cook anything for dinner last night since it would "smell up the kitchen" and we had the home inspection this morning. :rolleyes: So I ordered a salad with chicken on it for delivery and the meager 3 ounces of chicken was dry and the salad was wilted. (Did I tell you I'm grumpy? ;) ) Anyway I'm determined to make today a better day.

And yes, I'm on the home stretch. And definitely much more quickly than many of you. I have nothing but respect for those of you (like yourself) who have been at this for so long. I'm simply in awe at what you've been able to do. I'm not sure I could do the same. But for me, although there certainly are some discouraging days, every now and then there's a little glimmer of hope that my goals just may be achievable and I think that's what keeps us all going from one day to the next. In that respect maybe it's not all that different, whether we have to be at this and stay committed for 100 days or 1000. One day at a time ...

amberjules
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Sounds like everybody is doing really great on their weight loss this week. Here's to this coming week and staying 100% OP!

Today I got up bright and early at 6:30, yes even on a Sunday, so I could do some precooking for the week. I'll be cooking the Rhubarb I bought yesterday (wish me luck it's my first time even trying it) and I'm making a cabbage soup with cabbage (of course), chicken broth, onions, celery, mushrooms, green peppers, and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. I'm also cooking up a pork roast in the slow cooker.

That should get me through the week with and have some for leftovers in the freezer. I also bought a cabbage to make cabbage mash (mock mashed potatoes) that is just amazing. When I make the pork roast in the slower cooker I add the sauce from that to a pan and saute some mushrooms then I pour that over the cauliflower mash and I swear you'd never know it was cauliflower. It is divine! Though I love cauliflower.

TWaff
01-27-2013, 12:42 PM
What a week. I'm in week 3 of IP and have been doing really well. THEN..at a work meeting they bring in pizza and eat during the meeting. I jumped up and grabbed a bottle of water and drank that within 5 minutes. Struggled the rest of the day - was even turning into a angry beast before getting home. BUT I MADE IT WITHOUT CHEATING! Yesterday went to a birthday dinner with a friend. Ordered broccoli and steak. Yeah me!!

JudithL
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi - I started with Ideal protein in early November and have lost 42 pounds. I've read this board all along but never posted, but I've been a loyal stalker! :) I just wanted to check in and say hello and nice to meet all of you. Although I never spoke up until now to say so, you are all incredibly helpful and inspiring to all who read this board!

I'm a teacher in central Texas and this way of life works well with my daily schedule, even with 3 school aged kids in the house who never seem to stop eating! An encouraging husband and a supportive and understanding group of teacher friends have also been a huge help, not to mention all of you in this group! Hi everyone and thanks for helping me!

Dinie89
01-27-2013, 01:10 PM
:flow1:Sounds like everyone is doing well, I had a great day with my DD we went to the nail salon I needed a re-base and I spoiled her with a pedicure after taking care of 3 sick little girls last week she needed some time to relax. We went to lunch at subway so I just ordered a veggie salad and had my WF to go packet and a Mango RM drink. Then we were off to a friends house for an, It works wrap party, had a great OP time.

I have done the it works wraps -- how did you find it worked for you? I found I lost a couple inches at the time but it came back soon after

Suzali
01-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Good morning everyone! So excited to get my ticker today. Now lets see if I did it right.
Planning to prepare foods for next week since I can't go out due to the ice.

mompattie
01-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Taboo-

Thank you for sharing. It's wonderful to learn that someone has been out there in our little IP family silently kicking b*tt for the last several months. Your story is inspirational.

Mompattie-
Glad you had a fun night out! I was thinking of you all last week, hope you are doing well.

IP43-
MILs...what more need be said!

Happy Sunday, everyone. Hope you all have a safe and wonderful day!

eta: Forgot to say, WI today, -1.2 lbs, end of second week of alternative protocol (for diabetics). This loss is consistent with the past several weeks, so far I don't see a major slow down from switching.

Thanks Nola!! I'm doing good!! OP 100%, wedding next weekend and I hope my dress flows nicely!!

Hi - I started with Ideal protein in early November and have lost 42 pounds. I've read this board all along but never posted, but I've been a loyal stalker! :) I just wanted to check in and say hello and nice to meet all of you. Although I never spoke up until now to say so, you are all incredibly helpful and inspiring to all who read this board!

I'm a teacher in central Texas and this way of life works well with my daily schedule, even with 3 school aged kids in the house who never seem to stop eating! An encouraging husband and a supportive and understanding group of teacher friends have also been a huge help, not to mention all of you in this group! Hi everyone and thanks for helping me!

Welcome!!!!!! Glad you came out of lurkdom!

Glover girl
01-27-2013, 03:56 PM
What a week. I'm in week 3 of IP and have been doing really well. THEN..at a work meeting they bring in pizza and eat during the meeting. I jumped up and grabbed a bottle of water and drank that within 5 minutes. Struggled the rest of the day - was even turning into a angry beast before getting home. BUT I MADE IT WITHOUT CHEATING! Yesterday went to a birthday dinner with a friend. Ordered broccoli and steak. Yeah me!!

Wow! Congrats on that. Pizza is one of thee most difficult triggers for me. I think I would have had to leave the smell alone would cause me to swoon:dizzy: I made some "pizza" last night out of portobellos with a little Ragu home style pizza sauce (no sugar) and some turkey pepperoni. I know that is not strict adherence to the plan, but it didn't compute as bad on my fitness pal. Good luck on your continued success!

De11s
01-27-2013, 04:11 PM
I have done the it works wraps -- how did you find it worked for you? I found I lost a couple inches at the time but it came back soon after
I only tried the one from yesterday but did see some difference. I ordered more so hopefully will see more improvement with multiple uses. My daughter was so impressed with her arms and the difference in the stretchmarks on her arms that she decided to become a distributor, praying it goes well for her.:smug:

karcher
01-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Today is one month since I started IP. Had a couple of falls of the wagon but am down 15.5 pounds! The biggest part for me though is the NSV - my blood sugar is awesome!!! 89. Diabetes runs in my family so keeping this good is a big deal for me. Here's to month 2...

rofl306
01-27-2013, 05:19 PM
This was my third week back on IP and it was a disaster. It started on monday when i was asked to make a dessert instead of a savory for a meeting. With the savory I would have been okay - but the dessert was destined to be a problem. I can usually withstand cheating at parties and events but my trigger is when I make something myself. I cook by taste and it got me into a lot of trouble this week. I made a dessert and didn't follow a recipe so i was tasting it to see if it needed more of this or that and by the time i was done i had the equivalent of an entire piece. Diet blown for 3 days!

So i got back on track. And probably just got back into ketosis yesterday. Today i had a luncheon to attend. And i was a guest of honor. (one of a few). It was a pre determined menu. I went to this luncheon last year so this year i knew i could just stick to salad and the meat. Only this year the salad was predressed and full of blue cheese and the meat was breaded. I tried discreetly to shave the breading off my chicken to no avail. it was on there good. And since i had so many carbs already i gave in and justified dessert. So now I'm starting all over again. Again. Again.

I'm also having a problem with being creative with packets. Yesterday I created carrot cake muffins with the vanilla pudding. Once the recipe was done each muffin was 1 carb and 100 calories because i used too much fat. So this morning i was three pounds heavier than last week. I thought i learned this lesson already that i have a lot of physical issues and can't be creative on IP. I need to stick to the 3 packets plus meat and veggies and don't get all fancy.

So I'm discouraged but starting again with greater resolve. I know once i get into a good groove I will be able to stay there with greater strength.

I am so glad you keep trying to find your groove. I found the first while difficult to also but managed to stay OP by making muffins and using RTD to make the times that I had no control on the food served workable. Let us know what ends up working for you, it may help others too.

Shedit
01-27-2013, 06:15 PM
IP is amazing! The fat loss versus muscle loss has to be the difference! My butt and thighs are different than any other time I have lost weight. Back to the gym after the flu (took 2.5 weeks). I do a different type on workout, BUT am firming and losing. It is all remarkable, and the posts on the forum are no small part of my success. Thank you all!

GeauxTigers82
01-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Weighed in yesterday...down another 2 lbs!

Bought a size 8 pants at kohls yesterday!

The teachers at school are dressing as students...in school uniforms... And I get to partake this year since I could find a uniform that fits!

Cheated yesterday...and today....back on the wagon tomorrow!

LizRR
01-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Hey IPeeps, been lurking A LOT lately, but my schedule has been crazy busy...my son is taking a nap and I am sneaking in some 3FC before I prep my lunch veggies and breakfasts for the week.

I have EXPLODED this week! My boobs are filling in and a belly is already popping out at 8 weeks! I heard that you show earlier for your subsequent pregnancies, I just wasn't expecting it this much earlier. I am also smaller than round #1 so it is showing up a little more in comparison. I am up already by almost 10lb...I am expecting to gain though and am not worried about it, but still want to stay in a healthy range. I am finding I need to have extra meals to fend off the 3pm yuckies...can't wait for 2nd trimester!

I skipped out on my long run yesterday, I actually got up at 4:45am, got ready, and drove out to meet the group for our 11-miles, and it started raining! That is my deal breaker..I went home back to sleep instead and then lost my mojo. Oh well, I did bodypump this morning and have a 5-mile run tomorrow, the weather should be mild and nice so expecting great things! I find that I have to workout in the mornings, by afternoon-evening I am nauseous and exhausted, even on "rest days".

IdealProteinNewbie
01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Hey IPeeps, been lurking A LOT lately, but my schedule has been crazy busy...my son is taking a nap and I am sneaking in some 3FC before I prep my lunch veggies and breakfasts for the week.

I have EXPLODED this week! My boobs are filling in and a belly is already popping out at 8 weeks! I heard that you show earlier for your subsequent pregnancies, I just wasn't expecting it this much earlier. I am also smaller than round #1 so it is showing up a little more in comparison. I am up already by almost 10lb...I am expecting to gain though and am not worried about it, but still want to stay in a healthy range. I am finding I need to have extra meals to fend off the 3pm yuckies...can't wait for 2nd trimester!

I skipped out on my long run yesterday, I actually got up at 4:45am, got ready, and drove out to meet the group for our 11-miles, and it started raining! That is my deal breaker..I went home back to sleep instead and then lost my mojo. Oh well, I did bodypump this morning and have a 5-mile run tomorrow, the weather should be mild and nice so expecting great things! I find that I have to workout in the mornings, by afternoon-evening I am nauseous and exhausted, even on "rest days".

Hope you had a good time this weekend with your dad...did he notice?

Trina M
01-27-2013, 08:39 PM
I had a good day until 3:30 and then got such bad stomach cramps. I never experience sings of TOM and think that I just did. I have read some posts of others noting above normal cramping. I never get them and I was doubled over. I'm hoping that this is a one time thing! We had company over and I spent the last 20 minutes in the bathroom and then went and laid down. Here is hoping for a better couple of days. I'm still not feeling well and am scared to eat in case I get sick so I guess I will have to see what impact this has on me because I know I won't get my veggies in now. Hope everyone has a great Sunday nite.

auroragrl
01-27-2013, 09:19 PM

I hit up the Goodwill and Second hand consignment shops. It's amazing what you can find!

Cjennyh,
Don't give up on the crispy cereal just yet! I hated it as a packet, but then I made pancakes out of it and OMG! My favorite breakfast of all!!!! Check out the recipe threads for different ways to use both of them and you might be pleasantly surprised. Good luck! The crisyp cereal took me awhile too. I finally refrigerated my water the night before and that made it so much better and added a little Stevia. It works to make pancakes, "cracker's and a flat bread for a veggie wrap. The potatoes make good flat bread too for a veggie sandwich. Anything that calls for water - I used refrigerated water and that maes all the difference in the world. :)

I am having a "fat" day - just feel like a tub-o-lard. BOOOO!!

A1Texan
01-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Does anyone have a Promo Code for "Just Plain Protein" site and do they offer free shipping over a certain amount? I'm looking to order.

Thanks...

scorbett1103
01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Does anyone have a Promo Code for "Just Plain Protein" site and do they offer free shipping over a certain amount? I'm looking to order.

Thanks...

Plainprotein.com usually has the name of the month as a promo code, but I think the last time it was for orders over $160. It used to be over $75 but I believe they jacked up the minimum order.

You can do free shipping via USPS on any order, I only ever get the supplements from them and have never paid shipping, and I only order one item at a time.

A1Texan
01-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Plainprotein.com usually has the name of the month as a promo code, but I think the last time it was for orders over $160. It used to be over $75 but I believe they jacked up the minimum order.

You can do free shipping via USPS on any order, I only ever get the supplements from them and have never paid shipping, and I only order one item at a time.
Thanks. I tried the month but my order is only $110 so maybe it won't work. Thanks for the quick reply....

De11s
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
I only tried the one from yesterday but did see some difference. I ordered more so hopefully will see more improvement with multiple uses. My daughter was so impressed with her arms and the difference in the stretchmarks on her arms that she decided to become a distributor, praying it goes well for her.:smug:

Took more pics today and saw even more difference they say it continues to work for up to 72 hours, pretty happy so far.

lcheech
01-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

I though I would add my first post on 3fat chicks. I am new with IP. I actually start tomorrow. :) I have been on this forum for last 3 days, let me tell you, all this info is very over whelming. But I am super excited to start my new lifestyle tomorrow, and I can't wait to get my body, self-esteem, and my life back. :) I can see there is a lot of support and positivity on here... Something I'm going to need to get through the next 5-7 months of my life as I strive for my goal weight.
:) Can't wait to chat with you all, and learn more about IP.

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 11:14 PM
I've officially been on IP for 182 days. Since it is night, I'm at the 182.5 days, literally half of a year.

Tomorrow is WI. I'd really like to see a number that starts with a 1!

De11s
01-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

I though I would add my first post on 3fat chicks. I am new with IP. I actually start tomorrow. :) I have been on this forum for last 3 days, let me tell you, all this info is very over whelming. But I am super excited to start my new lifestyle tomorrow, and I can't wait to get my body, self-esteem, and my life back. :) I can see there is a lot of support and positivity on here... Something I'm going to need to get through the next 5-7 months of my life as I strive for my goal weight.
:) Can't wait to chat with you all, and learn more about IP.

Welcome!! You have embarked on the most amazing journey of your adult life.

sahmmommy2
01-27-2013, 11:32 PM
I've officially been on IP for 182 days. Since it is night, I'm at the 182.5 days, literally half of a year.

Tomorrow is WI. I'd really like to see a number that starts with a 1!

I'll be thinking "onederland" for you tomorrow! 182 days is an awesome NSV! I'm hoping to see a lower number as well. Not sure, but my weight loss pattern may be changing. I was reliably losing 3-4 every week. Now that I'm closer to goal that seems to be changing, which is fine. Just trying to figure out what my body is telling me! I know I'm not ready to go off phase 1 yet, so I'll just keep chugging along and try not to overthink things:D MUST BELIEVE IN THE PLAN!

tam67green
01-27-2013, 11:42 PM
A recent change for me is that I'm full after meals! I guess my stomach has shrunk or my body has adjusted or whatever. But after every meal I am so full--even if all I had was a shake or drink! However, not uncomfortable full or "OMG, why did I eat so much" full. And still no heartburn or indigestion--which I used to have all the time, especially after a big meal. Another nice side effect of IP eating, and hopefully motivation to maintain for a lifetime. Now I wonder why I over-ate SO much in the past!

A1Texan
01-28-2013, 12:12 AM
My first try at a Mug cake wasn't very successful. It boiled over and left nothing in the mug. I used carton egg whites and only 4oz of water but don't know what happened. Any help or suggestions?

IP43
01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
My first try at a Mug cake wasn't very successful. It boiled over and left nothing in the mug. I used carton egg whites and only 4oz of water but don't know what happened. Any help or suggestions?

Nope - I've never made it yet. But your mug cake would go well as a dessert to my burnt zuchinni or turnip chips....:flame:

The IP recipe for success?? If at first you don't succeed, get another $4 pack and try try again. Next one will be much better I'm sure (couldn't be much worse right?? lol) Someone will have better advice for ya than I do, but I'll wait to hear it as I was going to try the mug cake myself.:coffee2:

A1Texan
01-28-2013, 12:24 AM
LOL. I still ate it. It was just more chuy than cake like. I think the batter was just too watery. But hopefully someone can help.

cjennyh
01-28-2013, 12:26 AM
thanks mytime50 . maybe ill give it another try!

Dinie89
01-28-2013, 12:40 AM
I wish her luck -- Ifound it got pricey as it was only a temp thing but it's nice for those trouble sports on a big night out

Dinie89
01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Such a great day - hubby's boss gave us tickets to the NHL game tonight - I had such Nsv by wearing an xl jersey to borrowing a friends medium that was big -- ip has been such an adventure but a great one at that