Ideal Protein Diet - 50 Day Challenge

View Full Version : 50 Day Challenge

plaintruth
01-25-2013, 06:45 PM
I'd like to invite those who are having trouble staying OP to join me in a 50 day challenge to really get on track.

I've been waffling the past few weeks and having trouble staying OP. Basically the holidays introduced a chink into my defenses and it's been on/off since then. I've had good success, really like the plan, etc but I've now been on the program long enough (about 8 weeks) that my old nemesis emotional eating has struck back.

I know there are quite a few people in the same situation. I SEE YOU THERE. YES, YOU.

50 days is a long enough to meet goals and lock in good habits but a time I know will pass quickly. Only 7 weeks. March 16th. Come on, gang!

Starts tomorrow. Be there! :sumo:

UPDATE: Fill out this form https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDV0Q3hWeFp6QnJiUTBNYkNDVFRNSUE6M Q every day to track your compliance.

UPDATE THE 2ND: You can use the form everyday. The response is timestamped. If you miss filling out a day, fill it out twice the next and I can correct it for you. Don't worry about what challenge day it says we are on, that is just a little glitter on top. :)

IP43
01-25-2013, 08:14 PM
...I know there are quite a few people in the same situation. I SEE YOU THERE. YES, YOU.... :sumo:

Oh Crap-- I gotta run put some clothes on! Do you have a camera on your PC too?? :o

It's a great idea and takes us right to St. Patty's day, when we can all have some GREEN... salad, veggies, zuchinni chips, kale chips and spinach smoothies to celebrate??? :cheers:

MonicaKolesnik
01-25-2013, 08:25 PM
My birthday is March 14th so I am in as that will be a great present to myself so I am in. But I will not put on different cloths if you peer in its your fault your scared lol :eek:

jeffiner
01-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Ohhhh...Im so in..im trying to talk DH into driving to florida on the 17 th ..ive got 50 days..i dont think Ive ever stayed on a diet that long...I can do this!! Im so excited Inwonder how much Weight I can drop by then???

mnckrstn0
01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
I would like to join! It would be a good thing for me to get started with this site and keep on track with posting regularly. I stepped on a scale a few days ago and realized my weight gain was getting out of control. I'm just eating healthy (no carbs late at night and less than 1300 cals/day) and exercising.. no specific plan. I think 50 days is a good amount of time to get started with!

IP43
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM
I would like to join! It would be a good thing for me to get started with this site and keep on track with posting regularly. I stepped on a scale a few days ago and realized my weight gain was getting out of control. I'm just eating healthy (no carbs late at night and less than 1300 cals/day) and exercising.. no specific plan. I think 50 days is a good amount of time to get started with!

Well WELCOME. Most of us are doing IP which is very low-carb, so you won't hear chat of all those things you are trying to avoid. We're veggies and meat eaters here LOL. But we all have the same goal -- to get healthy!

Has anyone seen that movie "50 First Dates" -- the girl loses her memory so it's like every day is new and her boyfriend has to woo her anew each day. It's not a bad theme -- we're all here together, but every day is a new day and we need to focus to stay OP. You don't need to say what it is, but I think everyone should set themself a "mini-goal" (even if it's just to check in every day) and set yourself a "reward" -- maybe to get your nails done, or a St. Patty's day massage ;) Since it's a "green" theme, maybe the cash to buy yourself a new shirt or get your hair done...

I'm always up for a way to treat myself! LOL

Nolawhodatchick
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I will join! I'm getting anxious as I get closer to goal because I often read here that phasing off and near goal is where many people mess up, go off plan, gain back lots of weight. So a 50 day commitment makes me feel very comfortable! And have a good look, I don't care, yes I am wearing my spongebob pajamas at 8pm. I have an excuse, my and my little guy have been sick with tummy bug this week. As for all yalll typing in the nude, go put some clothes on, its the dead of winter, you'll catch a cold!

Kiera5353
01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
I have been on IP since the first week of December. Made it through the holidays and have been on the straight and narrow up -- well, until this past week. Stressful stuff at work coupled with disillusionment with my coach/IP Center have led to a missed weigh in; then came the 2 big glasses of wine and sneaky bites here and there. I need something like this to get me back on course! Count me in!

speterson
01-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Im in

Katkat
01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I am definitely in! been on ip for 12 days so far so this will for sure keep me motivated. Plus I am a BM at a wedding in Australia march 29th!! I am pumped!

starapple
01-25-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm in!

tam67green
01-25-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd like to join this, too! March 21 is my birthday, it will be fun to see how much progress I can make between then and now!

Sammie12
01-25-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm in great way to stay on track an be accountable. :)

IP43
01-25-2013, 11:00 PM
One silly question:

Will there be some accountability piece to this? Something that we could use to track our progress? What about a spreadsheet to check off each day that we stayed the course. Just wondering...

Not a silly question at all. It's a great idea. There are some people who know how to get spreadsheets started -- I'm just not one of 'em. So if a spreadsheet appears, hurray! If not, we can still just check in to keep ourselves motivated. If I'm gonna cheat, I can say whatever I want on a spreadsheet, so I do like the spreadsheet "visual" but, if we don't have it, as Sonny and Cher would say "I got YOU babe!"

WorldTraveleronIP
01-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Has anyone seen that movie "50 First Dates" -- the girl loses her memory so it's like every day is new and her boyfriend has to woo her anew each day. It's not a bad theme -- we're all here together, but every day is a new day and we need to focus to stay OP. You don't need to say what it is, but I think everyone should set themself a "mini-goal" (even if it's just to check in every day) and set yourself a "reward" -- maybe to get your nails done, or a St. Patty's day massage ;) Since it's a "green" theme, maybe the cash to buy yourself a new shirt or get your hair done...

I'm always up for a way to treat myself! LOL

Me too! I'm in and a pedicure with a great green color sounds like a fun goal for St. Patrick's Day! :cupgold::drinkup:

plaintruth
01-25-2013, 11:16 PM
You guys are hilarious!

I think the spreadsheet is a great idea. I love the one Bella73123 created for the Valentine's challenge. I hadn't made one before and er, in the process of figuring out Google Drive made a cheesy form instead.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDV0Q3hWeFp6QnJiUTBNYkNDVFRNSUE6M Q

Hopefully it will meet the need and remind us to be OP :) You will also be able to see who has answered or more importantly who has not. If it turns out to be a hot mess after a few days, I'll move the data to a normal spreadsheet.

plaintruth
01-25-2013, 11:20 PM
ditto!!! so is tomorrow DAY 1??

And yep, tomorrow is Day 1!

IP43
01-25-2013, 11:22 PM
You guys are hilarious!

I think the spreadsheet is a great idea. I love the one Bella73123 created for the Valentine's challenge. I hadn't made one before and er, in the process of figuring out Google Drive made a cheesy form instead.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDV0Q3hWeFp6QnJiUTBNYkNDVFRNSUE6M Q

Hopefully it will meet the need and remind us to be OP :) You will also be able to see who has answered or more importantly who has not. If it turns out to be a hot mess after a few days, I'll move the data to a normal spreadsheet.

WOOO HOOO -- Thanks. The only "spread sheet" I do is when I make the bed....er...once a month :D

LosingLawyer
01-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Count me in too! Actually I was so excited to join, that I filled out the survey before reading that it starts tomorrow. Whoops! :D

foreveryoung
01-26-2013, 12:24 AM
I was planning to restart on Monday but I'm so glad to read this about tomorrow, I'm on it, I'm going to make it with all you guys, it's exciting! Thanks for putting this together - is going to be a thread everyday to check in and share how our day is going?

AuzzieDee
01-26-2013, 12:41 AM
PLease count me in, I would love to be a part of this.

Thx

Diane

ladylunk
01-26-2013, 01:14 AM
I'd like to join to. Like jeffiner I don't think I have been on a diet for that long either. I hope this will help get me there. Thanks for starting it up.50 days sounds intimidating, are you sure it's only March 17th....hahaha I can do it....

Dinie89
01-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Im so in- I'm at day 63 and often find my self in surroundings with lots to chest with but have not done so- this site is so much support as is- can't wait =)

BetsyAnn
01-26-2013, 07:30 AM
I would love to be a part of this! I started IP a few months ago and did great for a couple of weeks and then lost track of my resolve!
I am headed to St. Kitts on March 23 for a week...maybe this will be the kick in the pants I need to keep me on track and motivated!:dizzy:

maezy1
01-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Count me in!!! thank you for not putting a lose X amount of lbs by ____ ! I am getting back to normal activity after surgery so my body is going what the heck is going on?????
I had a HUGE NSV yesterday. I found a lump during my monthly exam. I went to the dr and was referred to the surgeon. I didn't turn to eating!!!!! NO EMOTIONAL EATING yesterday or even thoughts of eating to sooth my emotions!!!! Keeping my thoughts positive only!!!
My son's 20th birthday is in mid March and DH & I will be headed to celebrate with him so this will be perfect and maybe, just maybe I will break into ONEderland by then! 15 lbs away from it

kileymed13
01-26-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm in!!! Now I have to remember to fill it out every day...another way to keep me on track (myfitness pal, now here).

Thanks for starting this :)

plaintruth
01-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I had a HUGE NSV yesterday. I found a lump during my monthly exam. I went to the dr and was referred to the surgeon. I didn't turn to eating!!!!! NO EMOTIONAL EATING yesterday or even thoughts of eating to sooth my emotions!!!! Keeping my thoughts positive only!!!

That's a real achievement! I hope it turns out to be nothing!

I was planning to restart on Monday but I'm so glad to read this about tomorrow, I'm on it, I'm going to make it with all you guys, it's exciting! Thanks for putting this together - is going to be a thread everyday to check in and share how our day is going?

I think we can just keep this thread going?

DAY 1 - Just remember you can do anything for ONE DAY!

dcapulet
01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
me too! I have friends coming in to town around that time and I want to look great!!!

Kandigyrl
01-26-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm in. I needed some extra motivation to keep me OP on the weekends. I usually do great on weekdays, only to struggle on the weekends.

Butterfly queen
01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Count me in!!!

maezy1
01-26-2013, 01:30 PM
PLAINTRUTH & FIT4ME thanks. I am keeping positive that whatever it is I can deal with it and all will be fine. Cant wait for this 50, well now 49 day challenge! We r gonna ROCK THIS!

foreveryoung
01-26-2013, 04:10 PM
So how everybody is doing??? Day 1 so far so good for me - hope you guys are having a great day---
A quick question: the logging link is to log everyday or just today?

Dinie89
01-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Today's a hungry day - started a Reno on the bathroom today - hubby went to subway for are lunch and pick up some stuff and brought it home - I was strong and enjoyed my salad and rtd strawberrybanana - day 1 is going good all and all =)

mamamia77
01-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Hello guys,

Yep working hard, taking care of my family and elderly father. At the end of the day I am 40 lbs heavier than 6 years ago and have a lot of excuses.

I want to be healthy, have energy for my family and confidence in myself.

BeccaGrim
01-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm in. I've been totally OP since December 18. But twice this weekend I was incredibly tempted. Once at a mom's night out and once at a children's birthday party. I could use the challenge to keep myself on the straight and narrow.

RareBird
01-26-2013, 07:57 PM
I'd love to join in with you all to help stay on track. I haven't had any problems staying focused so far, but I'm only in week 4, and I've never stayed motivated on a diet long enough to reach my goal. So 50 days at a time! Onward and downward!

plaintruth
01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Day 1 is done (for me at least!) Day 5 is always my danger day so I should be good until then ;)

Dinie89
01-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Just did my day 1 check in you could say =) -- great day =) -- although the survey Said thanks for filling out day 2

Fit girl
01-27-2013, 12:53 AM
If it's not too late, please count me in! I just ran across this thread tonight, & could really use this challenge to kick my *## into gear!! So, today wasn't a good one...tomorrow will be day 1 for me.

BTW, nice spreadsheet! :)

newlady
01-27-2013, 04:52 AM
If its not to late I would love to join this challenge. I was OP and doing great until the Holidays and some issues with my daughter. So if it's not to late please count me in. I will add a extra day to make it 50. Thanks so much for starting this so excited.

plaintruth
01-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Just did my day 1 check in you could say =) -- great day =) -- although the survey Said thanks for filling out day 2

I changed it before I went to bed - I should do it in the morning, duh! Don't worry, it recorded it as Day 1 :)

plaintruth
01-27-2013, 09:50 AM
If it's not too late, please count me in! I just ran across this thread tonight, & could really use this challenge to kick my *## into gear!! So, today wasn't a good one...tomorrow will be day 1 for me.

BTW, nice spreadsheet! :)

If its not to late I would love to join this challenge. I was OP and doing great until the Holidays and some issues with my daughter. So if it's not to late please count me in. I will add a extra day to make it 50. Thanks so much for starting this so excited.

Glad you can join us! It's never too late :)

Nolawhodatchick
01-27-2013, 10:01 AM
I have a question about the "have you been totally awesome all day..." question. It it supposed to be the same as "did you stay "100% OP today?" Because I thought the point of the challenge is to stay 100% OP for 50 days, and I realize that you can answer yes to all the questions but not have been 100% OP...unless that is *supposed* to be the intent of the last question. For example, you could have eaten a piece of birthday cake or something off program, but still have been able to answer that you ate your veggies, protein, took your supplements, drank your water. Plus, I'd say if one didn't take your supplements, drink all their water, eat all their veggies, they actually DIDN'T stay 100% OP, yet everyone is answering the last question "yes" though some haven't done these things. Just looking for a little clarification as to what this 100% OP challenge really is...thanks.

ms melly
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm in. I filled in my survey last night. I survived a going away party at a Mexican resteraunt. Hope everyone has a great day 2!!

plaintruth
01-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Plus, I'd say if one didn't take your supplements, drink all their water, eat all their veggies, they actually DIDN'T stay 100% OP, yet everyone is answering the last question "yes" though some haven't done these things. Just looking for a little clarification as to what this 100% OP challenge really is...thanks.

That is a very good point! Frankly, it was just a little joke :) But I can amend it to be more useful. I agree that if you haven't didn't meet all the IP requirements you're certainly not 100% OP but the questions are more of another reminder.

My goal is to "keep the chain going". I've been finding that around day 5 or 6 is when I go off plan as in the moment it doesn't feel as though I'm losing much time, or it doesn't matter if I start over. As that's been going on for a month, it is clearly a flawed argument.

Of course, we've all gone to bed and accidentally forgotten to take our supplements (right? right??? oh, no, just me) but that kind of oops isn't as bad as falling face first into a pint of icecream.

So 100% OP is the goal but the SUPER-DUPER REAL goal is to get those compliant days to add up. This IS a no cheat protocol and 6 days 100% doesn't help if the following day is not. But some of us (ahem, me) just need a little extra push to get there.

mamamia77
01-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Okay, a bit tongue-in-cheek, however, really one day at a time. I want to make this 50. I did my program 100%. Got to keep marching on. I even made a healthy but separate chilli for my teenager and made halibut for my husband, father and myself. I think I will broil versus bake in the future.

Any ideas about what to do in the evening to reward yourself that does not involve food? :)

TWaff
01-27-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm in. But I think checking in may give me as much of a challenge as staying on plan. Good luck everyone!

Roo2
01-27-2013, 11:44 AM
I think it might be the thing to keep me on track and pushing to the finish line . :carrot:So close to goal I can smell it but is becoming increasingly harder to keep going .:carrot::carrot::carrot:
I'm so close but far away and I need to stay focused on the Prize and a 50 day challenge might enable me to put a fork in it and call it Done!
Anyway March /April was the target date I set for myself ...so I can get out of the Hibernation I go into this time of year.
Roo2

Fit girl
01-27-2013, 12:18 PM

Hey...we'll start our day 1 together today!!! My story is very similar to yours! I'm adding an extra day to the end of this challenge, too!

Glad you can join us! It's never too late :)

Thanks a bunch...this is an EXCELLENT idea!

I have a question about the "have you been totally awesome all day..." question. It it supposed to be the same as "did you stay "100% OP today?" Because I thought the point of the challenge is to stay 100% OP for 50 days, and I realize that you can answer yes to all the questions but not have been 100% OP...unless that is *supposed* to be the intent of the last question. For example, you could have eaten a piece of birthday cake or something off program, but still have been able to answer that you ate your veggies, protein, took your supplements, drank your water. Plus, I'd say if one didn't take your supplements, drink all their water, eat all their veggies, they actually DIDN'T stay 100% OP, yet everyone is answering the last question "yes" though some haven't done these things. Just looking for a little clarification as to what this 100% OP challenge really is...thanks.

I do agree...I guess I just took it as being 100% on plan with no cheats. Since I was NOT on plan yesterday :mad:, I didn't get to check off that last question although I answered "Yes" to some of the previous questions. I'll do better today!

Any ideas about what to do in the evening to reward yourself that does not involve food? :)

Great job yesterday! Could you go for a slow walk, play a game, or talk with a friend?

I think it might be the thing to keep me on track and pushing to the finish line . :carrot:So close to goal I can smell it but is becoming increasingly harder to keep going .:carrot::carrot::carrot:
I'm so close but far away and I need to stay focused on the Prize and a 50 day challenge might enable me to put a fork in it and call it Done!
Anyway March /April was the target date I set for myself ...so I can get out of the Hibernation I go into this time of year.
Roo2

You've come along way...Conratulations!!

JenRem
01-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Okay, a bit tongue-in-cheek, however, really one day at a time. I want to make this 50. I did my program 100%. Got to keep marching on. I even made a healthy but separate chilli for my teenager and made halibut for my husband, father and myself. I think I will broil versus bake in the future.

I like to take a 15-20min hot bubble bath with a People magazine or the current book I'm reading! :) Jen

AND I'm in - for the 50 day 100% IP challenge! I may not fill out the daily spreadsheet..... although, I'm aware of the questions and I'll mentally check them off at the end of the day. Jen

duckduckjulie
01-27-2013, 09:25 PM
I would love to join this challenge. Tomorrow is my first day of IP. Can I join and just be two days behind? Thanks!

IP43
01-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Travel weekend and family function = out of my routine for my vitamins, water etc. but I'll be back 100% OP for tomorrow. My personal goal is to be 100%accountable... I'm struggling to be OP lately, but I promise to post honest responses for 50 days. If I don't have my water etc. I may end up being the 1 or 2 %er on the graph. The water and vitamins are my biggest challenges as I just forget those! (never forget to EAT so the veggies etc. are not the issue! LOL)

IP43
01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
P.S. I'm not criticising as any spreadsheet is cool, but I was surprised that there wasn't a question related to weight lost. However, maybe that's a good thing as the goal is to be OP, which WILL lead to weight loss, and I need the help to stay OP. My weight is coming off, slowly, but results would be better if I could get back to my routine.... off I go to take those @#$! vitamins -- forgot them till the survey! :)

foreveryoung
01-27-2013, 10:21 PM
I would love to join this challenge. Tomorrow is my first day of IP. Can I join and just be two days behind? Thanks!

I'd believe, only 48 hr late :) - welcome!

Fit girl
01-27-2013, 11:47 PM

Welcome!! I guess I'm starting tomorrow, too (instead of today as planned)...

Travel weekend and family function = out of my routine for my vitamins, water etc. but I'll be back 100% OP for tomorrow. My personal goal is to be 100%accountable... I'm struggling to be OP lately, but I promise to post honest responses for 50 days. If I don't have my water etc. I may end up being the 1 or 2 %er on the graph. The water and vitamins are my biggest challenges as I just forget those! (never forget to EAT so the veggies etc. are not the issue! LOL)

I've been struggling just getting started!! On my first day, I usually make it until 2 or 3 pm...then something comes up & I cave. And then I just think..."well, I'm not in ketosis yet...so...." and then I cave. Any advice to get past this bump?? All I know is that tomorrow I AM GOING TO MAKE IT!! :). I'm going to think of our spreadsheet!

plaintruth
01-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Fit girl, there is not much to say other than you just gotta do it!! If it helps, think of the gratuitously large first week loss. It's usually pretty motivating :)

Maybe we should adopt Roo2 as our motivator - she clearly knows how to get it done!

Fit girl
01-28-2013, 01:02 AM
Fit girl, there is not much to say other than you just gotta do it!! If it helps, think of the gratuitously large first week loss. It's usually pretty motivating :)

Maybe we should adopt Roo2 as our motivator - she clearly knows how to get it done!

You are right! Time to get r done! :)

my31rewards
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm in! I just filled out the form for Saturday and Sunday! I wasn't sure if I should put my real name (Amanda) or my screen name (my31rewards).

Roo2
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi I started on Sunday but I don't see the sheet only Monday.:hug:
I just got back from doing one of my Groupons I bought..kind of an obsession buying those things.
This one was for a Laser Treatment using a Merdian Laser of course I used it on the Abdomen region and afterward they had me on this Vibration machine for 10 minutes.
Has anyone else used these and do they work ?? I have a Tummy Tuck in my future when all is said and done.:dizzy:
Good Luck everyone!;)
Yesterday went to a Baby Shower that was catered and my friend tried to have something for me, which was so sweet so I politely took a plain salad a piece of chicken and took some nibbles. Stayed IP while daughter chowed on Pizza my favorite at the Restaurant and was not even tempted.
Have a great day Ladies,
Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

tam67green
01-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Hit a bump in the road today! :(
I'm bummed, this is truly the first time since October that I've gone to a restaurant and I couldn't find something at least close to being OP. But I took today off for a doctor appointment, my hubby has every other Monday off, and my son has the day off from school. SO...we planned on going to my appointment, then lunch, then going to see a matinee. The doctors office is close to one of my husband's favorite restaurants, it's in the next town over, usually closed on Sunday. So we hardly ever get over there on weekdays.
He and my son really wanted to go there, so I agreed. Everything was either covered with tzatziki (sp?) sauce or feta cheese or both! I had the gyro, scraped off as much sauce as I could and only ate 2-3 small bites of the pita. :nono:
OMG, GUILT! I feel so awful about that. I had to confess somewhere. Well, at least I won't gain my whole 48 pounds back just from lunch, and I will be OP for the rest of the day--and try to do better for the remaining 47 days! Thanks for bearing with me and my confession. Guess I wasn't so awesome today...

thin4me
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Alrighty I'm in too - better late than never.
Hopefully this will help me achieve my reboot!

I notice you can see the stats of the group, is there a way to see individual stats as well?

stymie1
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm in!

JenRem
01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Hit a bump in the road today! :(
I'm bummed, this is truly the first time since October that I've gone to a restaurant and I couldn't find something at least close to being OP. But I took today off for a doctor appointment, my hubby has every other Monday off, and my son has the day off from school. SO...we planned on going to my appointment, then lunch, then going to see a matinee. The doctors office is close to one of my husband's favorite restaurants, it's in the next town over, usually closed on Sunday. So we hardly ever get over there on weekdays.
He and my son really wanted to go there, so I agreed. Everything was either covered with tzatziki (sp?) sauce or feta cheese or both! I had the gyro, scraped off as much sauce as I could and only ate 2-3 small bites of the pita. :nono:
OMG, GUILT! I feel so awful about that. I had to confess somewhere. Well, at least I won't gain my whole 48 pounds back just from lunch, and I will be OP for the rest of the day--and try to do better for the remaining 47 days! Thanks for bearing with me and my confession. Guess I wasn't so awesome today...

Tam67green - There's something called Life and even when we do our best, it can still get in the way. Just roll with it, move forward, and don't look back! Remember, this is a journey and we will have learning experiences along the way. It's great when we know ahead of time that we will be going to a specific restaurant and then we can look up their menu and find an OP meal. There are other times when we go to a restaurant at the spur of the moment. Would it have helped you to have an emergency IP kit with you? I always have an IP bar in my purse in case I get stranded somewhere. I know others who carry the WF individual serving dressing packets with them because they can always order a green salad at a restaurant and use this IP allowed salad dressing. Some things to consider................. BTW - YOU are Awesome, it was the choice that wasn't so awesome! :hug: Jen

candowilldo
01-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone! i am just gearing up to begin tomorrow. i found this challenge. Brilliant. I am going to fill out the form and stretch my challenge for 2 more days. I love this idea. 50 days OP. Great! Thanks

I just looked at the form and today is Day 3 so tomorrow is Day 4. IS IT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP? I will check in tomorrow anyway. good luck all.

tam67green
01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Tam67green - There's something called Life and even when we do our best, it can still get in the way. Just roll with it, move forward, and don't look back! Remember, this is a journey and we will have learning experiences along the way. It's great when we know ahead of time that we will be going to a specific restaurant and then we can look up their menu and find an OP meal. There are other times when we go to a restaurant at the spur of the moment. Would it have helped you to have an emergency IP kit with you? I always have an IP bar in my purse in case I get stranded somewhere. I know others who carry the WF individual serving dressing packets with them because they can always order a green salad at a restaurant and use this IP allowed salad dressing. Some things to consider................. BTW - YOU are Awesome, it was the choice that wasn't so awesome! :hug: Jen

Jen--thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it! I have taken the individual WF dressing packs along with me in the past, but it just didn't occur to me today. Thanks for the ideas of what to do next time...I would be the first to admit that advance planning is NOT my thing! :)

plaintruth
01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm in! I just filled out the form for Saturday and Sunday! I wasn't sure if I should put my real name (Amanda) or my screen name (my31rewards).

It might be easier to just put your screen name, but it doesn't really matter :)

Hi I started on Sunday but I don't see the sheet only Monday.:hug:
I just got back from doing one of my Groupons I bought..kind of an obsession buying those things.
This one was for a Laser Treatment using a Merdian Laser of course I used it on the Abdomen region and afterward they had me on this Vibration machine for 10 minutes.
Has anyone else used these and do they work ?? I have a Tummy Tuck in my future when all is said and done.:dizzy:
Good Luck everyone!;)

I haven't heard of that! Let us know how it works out. Ane thanks for sharing your party success!

Maybe do a non-restricted only day tomorrow? I guess that's the situation that the fabled emergency purse packet is for!

Alrighty I'm in too - better late than never.
Hopefully this will help me achieve my reboot!

I notice you can see the stats of the group, is there a way to see individual stats as well?

I'm not sure about that but I'm planning to do a bit of a roundup report, maybe at 7 days :)

Hello everyone! i am just gearing up to begin tomorrow. i found this challenge. Brilliant. I am going to fill out the form and stretch my challenge for 2 more days. I love this idea. 50 days OP. Great! Thanks

I just looked at the form and today is Day 3 so tomorrow is Day 4. IS IT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP? I will check in tomorrow anyway. good luck all.

It's never too late to sign up, you're challenging YOURSELF so you can add on extra days or make it a 47 day challenge ;)

Guys, if you need to fill out for yesterday go ahead and fill out the form twice today and I can amend the date on the actual spreadsheet. Yay!

foreveryoung
01-28-2013, 05:43 PM
So how are we doing??? - Day 3 - yay! Hope all of you are having a great day!

mparker
01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
If it is not to late..... I would love to join this challange!

cscape
01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Me too ?
:dust:

duckduckjulie
01-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Just finished my first day! The food was not bad, all the vitamins, well not my favorite :). Eating 4 cups of veggies a day is going to be my biggest challenge I think.

thatgirl77
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi..I am new to this group but not to IP...been on Ideal Protein program since June 2012....20lbs from goal and ready to re-boot and accept this challenge too! I am excited to get back on track after the holidays.....:):carrot:

thatgirl77
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM

foreveryoung
01-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Hi..I am new to this group but not to IP...been on Ideal Protein program since June 2012....20lbs from goal and ready to re-boot and accept this challenge too! I am excited to get back on track after the holidays.....:):carrot:

Welcome girl77 - together we can! - :grouphug:

Fit girl
01-29-2013, 12:48 AM
I posted my results...close, but not quite 100% today.

I called my coach today. She is so supportive. She told me that she understands my situation because she's been here before, too. So anyway, my first appointment with her is this Thursday.

Good job to all of those posting! :)

thatgirl77
01-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Welcome girl77 - together we can! - :grouphug:

Thank you.........:bravo:

thatgirl77
01-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Ideal Protein Recipes /All Phases/PINTEREST BOARD
Hello...new to 3FC but have been on Ideal Protein since June 2103....have lost nearly 50 lbs and 18-20 from goal.....Have been a member since July in the 3FC Southern Chicks group on FB...Anyway...some members were wanting a Pinterest Board created for Ideal Protein recipes....so I created a group board. Anyone can pin from the group board but you must be invited to upload any pins and/or recipes...as the board grows we will add other group boards for other things pertaining to Ideal Protein. Here is the link if you are interested in following or joining us ...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

If this is not allowed on this site...please feel free to contact me via message and it can be removed..unsure what protocol is allowed on here! We have had a rec from Steve in Finland which was so sweet and many of his recipes are pinned on there...Also an awesome new tumblr account from Trang...notarealdiet.tumblr.com recipes are on there as well...You must have a Pinterest account to view or follow this board....Ideal Protein/Recipes/Southern Chicks....My username is marieroseb or Marie B..this group board is on my personal board...scroll down and you'll find it under the "I"'s ... Do NOT follow all of my boards...I have 216 ...lol...Good luck and Happy Pinning...we have over 300 new followers in three days...nearing 1700 total..sorry post so long..you can message me to be added or got to the ADD ME board on my Pinterest board and leave message for invite..I must have email address and/or Pinterest username to send an invite ....Thank you!
If this is not allowed on 3FC site please let me know and it can be removed..no self-promotion is allowed...only recipes that are striclty Ideal protein are allowed.
_________

thatgirl77
01-29-2013, 12:43 PM
well, apparently I am unable to send pm to anyone until i post ten more comments...Several of you have tried to message me and i am sorry ...I am unable to answer you at this time...I will post the link again for those who are having difficulty in finding the group IP board to join....I will need your Pinterest username to invite you but if you want to add any pins or reipes...you can follow and pin from this board etc without joining the group. Here is the link for the group board....the recipes had to be copied and pasted into comment sections due to the length of recipe...Pinterest ony allows 500 characters in description box. Also, you can double-click onto some of the images and it will take you to the recipe...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/ this is the link for the board......to go to my boards and find the group board there ...here is the link....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ Do NOT click "follow all" unless you want to follow all 216 boards....just scroll down to the 26th board...its alphabetized and look for Ideal protein heading on board...and then click "follow' onto that board...Hope that helps...As for Pinterest help itself...there are great youtube tutorials now that demonstrate how to install the bookmak and "pin it' button and apps for all mobile devices too...trickier to install pin button on mobile devices...Sorry so long...will PM those that have messaged me when I can....Marie
__________________:):carrot:

RareBird
01-29-2013, 01:27 PM
P.S. I'm not criticising as any spreadsheet is cool, but I was surprised that there wasn't a question related to weight lost. However, maybe that's a good thing as the goal is to be OP, which WILL lead to weight loss, and I need the help to stay OP. My weight is coming off, slowly, but results would be better if I could get back to my routine.... off I go to take those @#$! vitamins -- forgot them till the survey! :)

Good job everyone for being (or at least trying to be) OP. Even though it's not on the spreadsheet, I think anyone who's so inclined should post their weigh ins on this thread, to show what being OP for 50 days can accomplish. Does anyone else agree? I've been staying OP and have been checking in on the spreadsheet at night, but after I did last night, one of those liters of water that I've been drinking everyday got knocked over onto my laptop, and even though it powers up, I get no display... hoping something will change after it dries out completely, but I'm not too hopeful. So until I get that situation worked out (probably won't be able to buy a new one right away...), I won't be able to check in until sometime the following morning after I get to work... and not everyday or the same days because my schedule varies. So I hope missing a few checks ins in ok... I am OP, just WC (without computer :( ).

Katkat
01-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Just checking in. Doing good! 2nd week weigh in was yesterday. It was 2.6lbs, not as much as I wanted but -10lbs in two weeks does make me happy! But I have a mini annoyance. It's silly but my coach has this state of the art scale that measures muscle, weight, hydration index...(even tells you the weight of each body limb) anyway... My coach was super proud of me this week because I lost 2.6 lbs but gained 2.2 lbs of muscle. I know it's great to not lose muscle while losing weight but I guess since my number on the scale is so high I would just like the see the numbers go down! Lol does that make sense? It is silly I know, and I am proud. Just a little pet peeve!! Haha

plaintruth
01-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Day 5 tomorrow! Great job checking in with the form everybody! Two more days and the first week is done and dusted, just in time to keep you motivated over the weekend.

I definitely hear you katkat on the scale. Silly numbers!

Thatgirl77, thanks for the recipe info :)

candowilldo
01-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Day4 (1 for me) went very well! First full day OP. I did have an extra pack because I did an hour of Pilates. I do that twice a week. Keep it up everyone. Have a good day.

thatgirl77
01-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Day 5 tomorrow! Great job checking in with the form everybody! Two more days and the first week is done and dusted, just in time to keep you motivated over the weekend.

Thanks plaintruth...more will be coming as we continue to grow..Thanks! Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!!:carrot::D

foreveryoung
01-30-2013, 12:18 AM

OMG unbelievable!!! 5 days already... the 50 will be over soon... yay!!!
Good job everbody :carrot:

mparker
01-30-2013, 09:47 AM
First weigh in since the challange started..... 4.6 lbs!!!! What a way to start.

foreveryoung
01-30-2013, 11:08 AM
First weigh in since the challange started..... 4.6 lbs!!!! What a way to start.

Awesome!!! :carrot:

RareBird
01-30-2013, 02:18 PM

Great weigh in! I'm "only" down 2.8 this week, but I'll take it!

I just checked in for yesterday from work due to computer problems at home, and I just noticed the sheet says Monday... but I'm sure you'll know it's Tuesday's sheet for recording purposes.

TwoTots
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Second op day for me. This Challenge is keeping me focused. Good luck all.

foreveryoung
01-30-2013, 05:55 PM

I just checked in for yesterday from work due to computer problems at home, and I just noticed the sheet says Monday... but I'm sure you'll know it's Tuesday's sheet for recording purposes.

Awesome job! anything counts, slow and steady! :carrot:

Second op day for me. This Challenge is keeping me focused. Good luck all.

Good luck to you too!

dcapulet
01-31-2013, 11:27 PM
How's everyone doing?

It's been a pretty good week - and I love the survey. When I even think I can't drink more water, I remember I need to get to 80oz to be able to click off that box :)

TwoTots
02-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Last night was a struggle! But had a meeting with self and am on again. good luck everyone.

lisa32989
02-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Happy Friday!
I hit Onderland yesterday with a loss of 2 lbs at my WI.
After developing hypothyroid since I've been on IP, it has taken a bit longer, but whatever it takes, it takes!

Stick with it everyone! No excuses!

To get through one day:
Have a plan
Have an emergency plan (plan B)
Have an extra packet instead of a cheat. We have SO MANY options. If you're craving chocolate, have a chocolate packet. If you're craving salt, have a salty packet
Keep spare packets EVERYWHERE! I have them in my car, desk drawer at work, purse, and DH's car.

To get through 50 days, repeat day 1 :)

There are NO "onlys" in IP!
All weight losses count!
Why in the world would you think -2.8 is "only"???

As Wuvtobeloved used to tell us all the time: Don't use "only" to describe your weight loss.
Instead, reframe! "I lost 2.8 lbs and it is MORE than I'd lose on ANY OTHER DIET!"

Roo2
02-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone:hug:
Winter has come back here with a Roar !!! I had to put my Thermals on to drive my daughter to school this morning. Whoever invented the Automatic starter I want to say Thank You!
Almost 1 week down with the 50 day challenge :carrot:!
Lisa want to say congratulation on your awesome weight loss:carrot: You are a Warrior. I do the same thing with my packets I have a 2 days supply with me in my backpack so I have options or got stranded at work for some odd reason:dizzy:
Sometimes we want to make things more complicated then it really needs to be!! Don't obsess over being Perfect! if you slip Get Back up! Claim what you want! Devise a plan and work it:carrot: Believe in yourself ,if you don't how can you expect others will!
Have a great day:),Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

tam67green
02-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Happy Friday!
After developing hypothyroid since I've been on IP, it has taken a bit longer, but whatever it takes, it takes!

To get through one day:
Have a plan
Have an extra packet instead of a cheat. We have SO MANY options. If you're craving chocolate, have a chocolate packet. If you're craving salt, have a salty packet
Keep spare packets EVERYWHERE! I have them in my car, desk drawer at work, purse, and DH's car.

All weight losses count!

As Wuvtobeloved used to tell us all the time: Don't use "only" to describe your weight loss.
Instead, reframe! "I lost 2.8 lbs and it is MORE than I'd lose on ANY OTHER DIET!"

Wooo Hooo, Lisa! Welcome to Onederland!
:bravo:

Fit girl
02-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Happy Friday!

To get through one day:
Have a plan

All weight losses count!

Congratulations!!!! Your DEDICATION to IP has paid off! I love your advice...it is right on! :congrat:

Fit girl
02-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Last night was a struggle! But had a meeting with self and am on again. good luck everyone.

Way to pick yourself up!! :hug:

ladylunk
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Well I think that is seven days of the challege I just submitted. Just over two weeks in for me on IP and doing really well. 9.6 lbs total - 2 since the challenge started.

Just had my restricted snack (half a cookie and half caramel nut bar as I couldn't decide). Really wishing it streched farther. Could use some more, but thought I would just type here and by the time I am done I will be fine. Psychological night time chocolate cravings.

On another note I am going to research this cake / muffin making and will make a special dessert on Valentines for me and husband as a treat. So gonna look forward to that. Already coming up with some chocolate icing ideas like coconut oil, cocoa, vanilla, sweetner. Should work as the coconut oil is solid like butter. It will have to be a very thin amount, but anything will be great while the kids are eating chocolates. Funny how talking about chocolate is not making it worse, but feeling good now. Drink of water and bed. Oh and thought I would mention I sat through my first fast food restaurant with my children and my little girl kept offering me her fries. They had my favorite burgers from that restaurant too. But I made it. Yay.

RareBird
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
All weight losses count!

I was replying to someone who'd lost 4 plus... I thought the "" would make it clear that I wasn't serious about the only. 2.8 is the most I'd lost since the first week, and I was quite pleased with the loss. My mini-goals are 10 pounds a month, and a 2.8 each month will sure help me get there. Congrats on onderland!

dcapulet
02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Yesterday, I missed all the marks by a little - water, veggies, and vits. I felt off - dry and sleepy. Today I may sure to get it all in, and feel much better!

dcapulet
02-07-2013, 11:10 PM
How is everyone?

Hundley3
02-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi. I'm not new to the boards but I haven't been on since last year. I lost 35 lbs on Ideal Protein last year and am starting again tomorrow. I know this challenge is already underway but is it too late to join in? I could really use the accountability. I'm going to strive to eat OP through 3/30 which would be 50 days.

mparker
02-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Welcome Hundley3!

dcapulet, thanks for checking up!

I am doing well had WI last night and was down 3.3 lbs and 1.75"!

TWaff
02-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Uggghh. I haven't had time to log on and do my daily check in. I have been OP though!!!

dcapulet
02-09-2013, 01:11 AM
good job parker and twaff!

lisa32989
02-09-2013, 05:55 AM
I'd like to invite those who are having trouble staying OP to join me in a 50 day challenge to really get on track.

UPDATE: Fill out this form https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDV0Q3hWeFp6QnJiUTBNYkNDVFRNSUE6M Q every day to track your compliance.

UPDATE THE 2ND: You can use the form everyday. The response is timestamped. If you miss filling out a day, fill it out twice the next and I can correct it for you. Don't worry about what challenge day it says we are on, that is just a little glitter on top. :)
For several days now, the form keeps telling me I've completed day 12. Does it get updated daily?

ladylunk
02-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Anyone still doing this? I fill it out most evenings (sometimes next morning)but can't really tell if others are still participating?????Gonna go back and check to see what day we were on. I liked it when the form told us what day we completed....

ladylunk
02-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Day 22 completed! Almost half way there!

Mizzthingaling
02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I know I am all late, but today gives me a month to do this. I started IP last year and lost 30 then phased off. I am back to complete the weight loss and could use the starting help.

IP43
02-16-2013, 11:37 PM
This fell off the first page so I forgot to check in! Sorry -- will go do that right now :)

sweetestnita
02-17-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm joining!! 200 was a breaking point for me. I always looked at the number in fear, then when I passed it, I loving looked back to it.I'm not to my goal and want to be.

ladylunk
02-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Just so you know this challenge and the form you fill out at the end of each day is directed towards following the Ideal Protein Diet faithfully each day. What you are doing is great, but it is not the same program that we are following.

And on another note I know some others are filling out the forms. I guess I still will each night........

Mizzthingaling
02-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Today was a good day. I had a hard time at lunch because I left mine at home. I did finally find baked chicken and greens though. The greens were really good.

Katkat
02-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Oops! I started this challenge on day 1 and must have totally missed that form we need to fill out. I have been 100% OP since this challenge started (and since I started jan 14) can I still partake in the challenge? I will start filling out the forms now. Lol. Can believe I missed it. Just been seeing ppl mention it.

jeffiner
02-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Oops! I started this challenge on day 1 and must have totally missed that form we need to fill out. I have been 100% OP since this challenge started (and since I started jan 14) can I still partake in the challenge? I will start filling out the forms now. Lol. Can believe I missed it. Just been seeing ppl mention it.

Me too..Ive been OP since day one but not filling out the forms..

RareBird
02-19-2013, 01:51 PM

I joined the challenge when it started and have been checking in to read posts and have been 100% OP also. The date on the check in sheet hasn't been updated since Weds 2/6, so I'm wondering if our responses are even being logged, and stopped using the form last week, and sometimes logged 2 or 3 days at a time. It is difficult to to do the sheet everyday... maybe we can just use the thread itself to check in periodically?

mellomsw
02-19-2013, 02:41 PM
You are a mind reader. I am in the exact same place and was really contemplating throwing in the towel. This is a great way to set a new goal of staying on track and following the diet correctly. Thanks for thinking of it!!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::):)

mparker
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
I am guilty of not completing the form as well. Have been 100% OP though! Keep up the great work everyone!

Katkat
02-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi all! Just a quick check in. Started IP January 14th and been 100% OP since I started. I did not do a weigh is at the start of this challenge (I had already lost some since challenge started the 25th) but so far I am down 23lbs in 6 weeks! Yay! How is everyone else doing?