Metabolic Research Center - Metabolic Majic 28 Day Plan

View Full Version : Metabolic Majic 28 Day Plan

Hughes72
01-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Hello!

On January 14, 2013, I started the Majic plan and so far I've lost 12.5 pounds. I'm looking for others on this particular plan to share recipe ideas.

Since this is an online program and I don't have a local office to visit or weigh in at, it's been difficult to find anyone to talk to. Well, at first anyway. I was assigned a rep but she doesn't reply to me. I have found someone through the MRC Facebook page, but thought I'd start this particular thread for those on this diet.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

anjy99
01-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Hmm.. I've never heard of it..

mamamia77
01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Hello Hughes,

I am starting on MRC too. This is my 3rd day. My first 2 days I did good. My second day I had a couple more melba toasts. I am still counting it.

At 40+ I have decided to take control of my life. I want the confidence to know that I can stick with something even when it gets tough. I am married, working a sometimes intense job, raising two wonderful teenagers and a caregiver for my 89 year old father.

I would love to find, join, start a thread for anyone starting out on MRC so that we can keep each other motivated. I prefer going after reaching goals of:
-journaling
-drink water
-taking supplements
-staying on program
-regular exercise

Versus going after pounds. To me the consistency is the lifelong goal.

Would you like to join in?

Hughes72
01-28-2013, 11:21 AM
The 28 day plan is something that you can purchase at the above emetabolic . com store. It's very strict as far as what you can eat and how much.

DLF
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone!

I just ordered the Majic 28 on Monday. Still waiting for it to arrive. I am a little nervous since the product didn't include any information. Just trying to drink more water, walk and eat less while I'm waiting.

Hughes72
01-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Congrats on ordering the Majic 28 ! You'll have it by the weekend, I'm sure. I've been on it since the 14th of January and am currently down 15.2 pounds.

The first week was very hard to get used to because I was hungry. I had contacted someone from the site i ordered the diet from and no one ever got back to me. So, I found MRC on Facebook, liked the page, and made a request for someone to contact me....and they did. The rep that I was assigned has never replied to any of my emails or phone calls, but Heather through the Facebook link has been assisting me and has been great! so...if that happens to you, you know what to do. Heather even emailed me a new meal plan that included a protein at lunch, besides the drink supplement. However, now, I'm barely hungry so it's working!

The diet is strict and the foods listed are basically all the choices you get. I did find that the salad spritzers are good to use on salad and mustard is okay to have. Basically, anything with added sugar is a stay away from food!

If you have any questions, let me know and good luck! I may be ordering another month of it too just so I can stay on track!

DLF
01-31-2013, 06:44 PM
My kit arrived today. Started it for supper tonight. Thought I might as well dive in!

brainsgirl
01-31-2013, 07:41 PM
I've never heard of this. Is it at all like the meta-slim green menu at the center?

Hughes72
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I've never heard of this. Is it at all like the meta-slim green menu at the center?

My online counselor has called in the Meta-Majic plan. I have no idea what the green menus are. This is completely through emetabolic.com. I don't have a center close to me and this was just another option.

Hughes72
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
My kit arrived today. Started it for supper tonight. Thought I might as well dive in!

Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing!

DLF
02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
I feel like I'm starving! Just recieved an alternative meal plan that includes protein for lunch and one for a snack. I hope this helps. Today, I want chocolate so bad!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamikl
02-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I am finishing up this plan, and while my results have been pretty good, my experience has been miserable. Hungry is an understatement, my emotions have truly been all over the place...and I have spent the majority of the month on my period.

I think the biggest let down for me personally is that what has happened to me, while supposedly rare, was at no time communicated as a possibility in the beginning. Rather, I was made to believe results would be amazing every single day, I would have so much energy, and most importantly, that I would never be hungry.

I realize we are all different, which is why I wouldn't discourage people from trying it, but I think MRC could do a better job of informing new clients of both sides. Certainly having more realistic expectations may have helped me on an emotional level throughout my journey. Oh well...wishing you all much success and utilize all of the support you can get:) I don't live near a center, so the lack of support hasn't helped either. The way I see it now is that if I have to go to this extreme of a measure to lose weight, I would be willing to explore other options first. My prayer is that they will guide me going forward so that this will all not be wasted effort!

Take care:)

Hughes72
02-04-2013, 11:14 AM
I just ordered my second 28 day kit PLUS I've ordered the cookbook and protein bars.

Tamikl, I'm sorry that you had such a hard time with this. I did too in the first week and ended up chatting with a nice counselor from MRC's Facebook page. When I posted how hard of a time I was having, I was immediately contacted. However, now that I'm in my fourth week, I do at times find myself hungry but nothing like the first week. I have eaten an apple or two when I find myself hungry or even eat a hard boiled egg and some string cheese.

As of today, I'm 17.2 pounds down (since 1-14-13) which is keeping me motivated. I have also learned to cook with balsamic vinegar, Mrs. Dash and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter---in the squirt bottle only. I have also had one cheat meal a week so that I don't get completely overwhelmed.

I did find myself bloated and uncomfortable yesterday after eating some super bowl food! I couldn't believe how awful I felt, so for me, this is working.

The funny thing about diets is what may work for one may not work for all. So, I hope that everyone finds a plan or other avenues to help you reach your goal!

Tamikl....how long have you been dieting because I would love to be at the weight your are now! Congrats on that!

Going4Fit
02-04-2013, 11:46 AM
I really hate to see someone order a second month of this, but now that I see you're giving yourself a cheat meal and extra snacks I feel a little better. I like shortcuts and boosts as much as anybody (during my weight loss journey I did the week of Meta-Quick twice), but these plans are meant to give stalled weight loss a boost or for a quick start or extra confidence every now and then, not continued usage. If you are in communication with the center and they approved a second consecutive month of this program, then I have to say "boo on them". :(

Tamikl
02-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I just ordered my second 28 day kit PLUS I've ordered the cookbook and protein bars.

Tamikl, I'm sorry that you had such a hard time with this. I did too in the first week and ended up chatting with a nice counselor from MRC's Facebook page. When I posted how hard of a time I was having, I was immediately contacted. However, now that I'm in my fourth week, I do at times find myself hungry but nothing like the first week. I have eaten an apple or two when I find myself hungry or even eat a hard boiled egg and some string cheese.

As of today, I'm 17.2 pounds down (since 1-14-13) which is keeping me motivated. I have also learned to cook with balsamic vinegar, Mrs. Dash and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter---in the squirt bottle only. I have also had one cheat meal a week so that I don't get completely overwhelmed.

I did find myself bloated and uncomfortable yesterday after eating some super bowl food! I couldn't believe how awful I felt, so for me, this is working.

The funny thing about diets is what may work for one may not work for all. So, I hope that everyone finds a plan or other avenues to help you reach your goal!

Tamikl....how long have you been dieting because I would love to be at the weight your are now! Congrats on that!

Hi there! I started MRC in May of 2011. I began Maintenance at 50lbs down in February of 2012 (hit my goal...not MRC goal for me). In January of 2013, I decided to go onto this short-term magical program to lose what I had managed to gain in almost a year:( Maintenance has been a bit overwhelming for me..I did great the first 6 months of it, but after that, not so much. I gained around 7-8 lbs overall...My plan going forward this time is more structure for sure. I did well on specific "menus." But once they just told me my daily calorie amount in order to maintain my loss, the freedom was overwhelming for me. Soo..that is my story! I primarily engage in the "MRC maintainer" discussion board, but was interested when I saw this one, as it pertains to my journey right now. Sometimes I feel like I am "white knuckling" this program, and relying on sheer willpower...which does eventually run out! Feeling deprived never ends in a good result for me:)

Hughes72
02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I have just received my second month of the Majic plan and I ordered the cookbook this time as well. My weight loss has been steady the last week and am now at 18 pounds. I know i've lost inches because i can feel it in my clothes...yeah!

I understand about some of your frustration with me doing another month of this, however, I have also started zumba and am up to 7 miles (walking) that I do during my lunch breaks. If I get hungry, I'll eat an apple or another piece of string cheese....I don't starve. Last night, I had a steak burrito from taco bell because we were out of town for my son's wrestling match....and still managed to drop a 1/2 pound since yesterday. I know that this is a low calorie diet and i am tracking everything that I do. My husband is also eating the same meals I am so it's easier. This has really given me the jump start that I need and....I'm eating more fruits and vegetables (fresh) that I haven't done in a long time. Any diet can be dangerous if you take it too far but overall I'm very happy.

rtolson81
02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Hello Hughes72!!! Today is my first day on the 28 day plan, so I am interested in your progress and opinions. I have read a lot here (thank you 3FC and contributors to MRC forum) but still have a lot of questions.

I don't live near a center, so that's what's keeping me from joining an actual program, but I am interested in the menus (beige, blue, green, yellow, etc.) that people receive at their centers. I am also interested in obtaining HNS that I see so many speak of. They seem to help a lot. Maybe I will find this won't be necessary, who knows? I am interested in doing this long term, as a lifestyle, but when you contact the center for the "at-home" program, this is what you get ... a 28-day plan.

I have read, Hughes72, that similar products can be ordered online from dietsirect.com for less than what we paid for the products in the 28-day plan.

Congratulations for your great success so far!!! I will post my progress as well, I think it's great to be a part of something like this since I cannot make it to a center. I have had no luck with online or phone contact either, so this is refreshing to hear real people's stories. It seems people have mixed feelings about the staff at the centers, as well, often claiming the staff was more concerned about making a sake, rather than providing support.

I am currently 5'3" and a size 16 at 220 lbs. I hope to be in a two piece by August :) This is the most I have ever weighed and I dont like feeling like this; no energy, kind of depressed, nothing fits right even when it is my size. I hate baggy clothes, but I love feeling comfortable in my clothes. My goal is a size 10 perhaps an 8 if this works well.

Hughes72
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Hello Hughes72!!! Today is my first day on the 28 day plan, so I am interested in your progress and opinions. I have read a lot here (thank you 3FC and contributors to MRC forum) but still have a lot of questions.

I don't live near a center, so that's what's keeping me from joining an actual program, but I am interested in the menus (beige, blue, green, yellow, etc.) that people receive at their centers. I am also interested in obtaining HNS that I see so many speak of. They seem to help a lot. Maybe I will find this won't be necessary, who knows? I am interested in doing this long term, as a lifestyle, but when you contact the center for the "at-home" program, this is what you get ... a 28-day plan.

I have read, Hughes72, that similar products can be ordered online from dietsirect.com for less than what we paid for the products in the 28-day plan.

Congratulations for your great success so far!!! I will post my progress as well, I think it's great to be a part of something like this since I cannot make it to a center. I have had no luck with online or phone contact either, so this is refreshing to hear real people's stories. It seems people have mixed feelings about the staff at the centers, as well, often claiming the staff was more concerned about making a sake, rather than providing support.

I am currently 5'3" and a size 16 at 220 lbs. I hope to be in a two piece by August :) This is the most I have ever weighed and I dont like feeling like this; no energy, kind of depressed, nothing fits right even when it is my size. I hate baggy clothes, but I love feeling comfortable in my clothes. My goal is a size 10 perhaps an 8 if this works well.

Congrats on getting started. The 28 day plan that you'll get will include two HNS and a menu of what you can have and when. It is very strict but that's just it because it is only for 28 days. The HNS are high in protein which adds to this high protein diet. They are actually pretty good!

So far i've lost 20 pounds in one month (started on January 14, 2013). The last few weeks have been steady but i've also been 'bloated' for about a week, which i'm sure has to do with the bothersome monthly thing :-)

I actually did buy the cookbook but.....there are recipes with the HNS that I don't have, so not all of them are for me at this time. I did speak to a local center near me (one that's over an hour away though) and was told that when i'm done with this second 28 day plan to call them to get on a menu plan...which is what the beige, white, and other colors pertain to.

I've now added the stability ball workout to my weekly schedule and have zumba once a week, as well as, walking on a treadmill during my lunch hour (i work at a college so it's all accessible).

My clothes are fitting much better but i'm waiting for someone to actually notice the weight loss other than my husband. Then, i'll feel like it's really real if you know what i mean. I do have a cheat meal on the weekends which is usually mexican food since i'm addicted to it :-). As long as i'm losing steadily, i'm good and now that i'm in an exercise routine, it's easier to stick with.

My problem is drinking enough water...i dislike water! I have found using MIO Liquid Water Enhancer adds a taste that makes water more enjoyable.

Good luck and keep me informed. :carrot:

bmc11136
02-17-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking about ordering the Metabolic Majic program but I'm concerned about how strict the diet is. Can anyone give me an idea of the menu plan? I lost about 30 pounds on the MetaSlim program several years ago but over time I've gained about 20 pounds back. I hated going to the centers 2x per week and was always discouraged by the ultra-skinny counselors. They seem to have an unhealthy obsession about weight. For instance, one counselor who was a size 6 felt she was too heavy and went down to a size 2. That being said, the program did work and I wasn't overly hungry on the MetaSlim plan but it sounds like this one might be completely different. Any information would be helpful! :)

Lala
03-01-2013, 06:06 PM
May I ask what the meta majic involves? What do you eat?

San Antonio Ex
03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
I just received the Majic 28 day program in the mail yesterday. There is very little information included with this plan. Is this really all there is? Can anyone give me anymore guidance on how to do this program? It says you get one 3.5 oz piece of meat and 2 3.5 oz servings of certain veggies and the protein drink for lunch and dinner. 3.5 oz serving of vegetable???

If anyone who has done this program could let me know exactly what they did each day, I think I'd feel better. I really thought I would get more guidance than a 4x6 card of what to do.

Hughes72
03-29-2013, 01:54 PM
I just received the Majic 28 day program in the mail yesterday. There is very little information included with this plan. Is this really all there is? Can anyone give me anymore guidance on how to do this program? It says you get one 3.5 oz piece of meat and 2 3.5 oz servings of certain veggies and the protein drink for lunch and dinner. 3.5 oz serving of vegetable???

If anyone who has done this program could let me know exactly what they did each day, I think I'd feel better. I really thought I would get more guidance than a 4x6 card of what to do.

Hi there! I did the 28 day program in January and February of this year and have been continuing through March by ordering the protein drinks online. I felt the same way you did when I got my first packet! The person 'assigned' to talk to me live in a different time zone and was 3 hours behind me! It made talking difficult or actually never since i never heard from the gal. I ended up talking to someone through the MRC Facebook page and was able to ask questions via email.

Basically, for breakfast, I'd have a cooked egg and an apple or strawberries, or one of the fruits listed. A hint...you can cut up the apple, sprinkle some splenda on it and some cinnamon and zap it in the microwave. Tastes great!

For lunch, I ended up adding a protein because I was starving by mid afternoon. So, I'd have some peas and a chicken breast or shrimp with a vegetable. Dinner was the same as lunch but with different options.

I tried to make cauliflower mashed potatoes and one batch was great but the next time I tried it....it was terrible.

Once your get used to the amount of food, the better you'll be but until then, hang in there. Some hints: you can use dijonnaise, mustard and all Mrs. Dash seasonings, I can't believe it's not butter in the spray and the salad dressings that come in the sprays too.

I'm going in on April 6 to join the at home program. I live about an hour from a center so this will be the one and only time that I should have to go in. My goal is to lose another 37 pounds (25 so far).

Let me know how you're doing!

Jordan1736
04-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Hello,

I just ordered the 28 day plan too! I ordered it on Friday and still waiting for it..I'm really excited to get started on it. I would love to have a place to go to talk to others that are on this same plan to see how they are doing...tips..and just the motivation to keep going..also if i have any questions, people that are doing the same program can help answer..

dkdaisybutters
04-02-2013, 04:35 PM

I don't know about the 28 Majic day plan but I am on one of the regular plans and we have to weigh our food with a food scale. I would go and buy a food scale because that is why they are saying 3.5 oz on the dot. Did they tell you that when it was sent? I would also be careful as to your question about telling exactly what they do each day because you can get in trouble and kicked off the program since technically it is copywrite if they reveal too much. Not that you will, just be careful. Good luck and keep up the good questions!!

dkdaisybutters
04-03-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking about ordering the Metabolic Majic program but I'm concerned about how strict the diet is. Can anyone give me an idea of the menu plan? I lost about 30 pounds on the MetaSlim program several years ago but over time I've gained about 20 pounds back. I hated going to the centers 2x per week and was always discouraged by the ultra-skinny counselors. They seem to have an unhealthy obsession about weight. For instance, one counselor who was a size 6 felt she was too heavy and went down to a size 2. That being said, the program did work and I wasn't overly hungry on the MetaSlim plan but it sounds like this one might be completely different. Any information would be helpful! :)

I haven't met a counselor like that at the place I go to, that is what is so confusing about some of what people say here. My center makes everyone who works there when they first start go through some of the program so they know what it is like but none of them are overly skinny. I also have never had anyone push products on me like some people have said has happened. It is sad to hear that people have had experiences like this! I love going to weigh in and I feel like all of the counselors are like friends. Maybe they have different people working there now or might have changed managers? That being said, I don't know anything about the 28 day program lol so I can't help but it just makes me disappointed in MRC that some of their centers/counselors are like this from what I hear.

Coleshep
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I stumbled upon the Majic 28 day plan....I've been searching for reviews and info, which led me here :-) I want to kick start my weight loss, especially working toward my goal of 20lbs down by July 8th. I'm pretty motivated to do this! Any tips, encouragement, etc is WELCOMED! I'm starting at 5'5 250lbs.....yikes. Also, I'm female.

TilyJac
07-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I just started my 28 day and I need guidance, recipes, pointers, etc.

QueenF
07-18-2013, 01:42 AM
I was on one of the plans a couple of years ago and loss 50 lbs. I loved it even though it was a little expensive. Do you have a copy of the plan you are referring to? I am thinking about getting back on it.

QueenF
07-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Congratulations on your success. I am thinking about trying the program. Could you tell me what the meal plan looks like.

QueenF
07-18-2013, 01:54 AM
Congratulations on your success. I lost 50 lbs. once on the program. I loved it, Itr was a little expensive. Two years after I lost the weight I got to relaxed and gained the weight back. I am thinking about trying it again. Do you have a copy of the Meta Slim plan? I can't find mine.

skelley331
07-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Congratulations on your success. I lost 50 lbs. once on the program. I loved it, Itr was a little expensive. Two years after I lost the weight I got to relaxed and gained the weight back. I am thinking about trying it again. Do you have a copy of the Meta Slim plan? I can't find mine.

We aren't allowed to give them out, we can get into trouble with Metabolic Research Center. Call your closest center since you did it before they should give you copies. Good luck

mfg79
03-26-2014, 09:58 PM
I just received my metabolic magic plan today! nervous because i may not measure right !! any recipe ideas?

Annetude
09-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new on here and just received my metabolic magic 28 day plan and am wondering how people did at the end and the info I got wasn't the most helpful so if anyone has any words of advice I would appreciate it! Looking to lose between 20-30 while doing this to help jump start my healthy life!