Ideal Protein Diet - New to IP. Having a major hard time with veggies

3xsMom
01-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Hello everyone! I'm in my 3rd week of Ideal Protein diet. Lost 5lbs my first week and 3.6 my 2nd. I do chocolate shakes twice a day and an omelet once a day. I add my onion and mushrooms into my omelet at lunch and then supper I am browning ground beef or turkey with mushrooms, onions and yellow bell pepper and eating it over lettuce. If I'm out of mushrooms I will add spinach into my lettuce. Here's my problem... I loath most veggies. The exception being corn, carrots, peas, beans. Basically the stuff I can't have. I've tried roasting them, grilling them, boiling them. I'm going to try to purée them and mix them in in with meat and make a "loaf". Does anyone else have this issue??? I know veggies are an important part of this diet so I've got to figure out some way to get them down!!! :?:

ALM2000
01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi 3xsMom,

According to IP, you cannot have onions unless they are raw. Heating them changes the chemical makeup...making them sweet - this is sugar, which we cannot have.

I hear you, though. Before IP, I like only the veggies you listed. However, after being on IP for a while, my tastebuds changed (for lack of a better term).

I can now eat broccoli without gagging (they are actually quite tasty).

I would suggest getting Walden Farms dressings to top lettuce. I buy mine in bulk from Costco.

3xsMom
01-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks for telling me!!! My coach told me I could grill them or put them in my food as long as I didn't sauté them until they turned brown! Ugh! As far as the WF stuff goes. I love the BBQ sauce and that's about it that I've tried. The Mayo, Ranch, Bcn Ranch and honey Dijon dressing tasted horrible to me. I am a very very picky eater. I have a problem with textures. Which is probably the reason I'm trying to lose weight!!

Ilovesugar
01-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Ugh- I feel ya! I basically eat broccoli, cauliflower, onion, pickles, green beans & brussels sprouts. Have you tried a little olive oil with some seasoning salt and bake them? I never had but I got experimental when I started IP. I was also told the same thing you were re: onion. Best of luck! Oh also, I don't have the recommended lettuce. My coach said that was fine as long as I was still consuming veggies.

Lacyt74
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Have you guys thought about juicing? I'm not familiar with IP, but you can mask anything in fruit juice. It usually tastes good too.

jlnelson
01-25-2013, 01:16 PM
I also found that adding some hot sauce helps. I mix the hot sauce and the WF Ranch to give it a little more flavor and a kick. It works as a decent dip.

3xsMom
01-25-2013, 01:22 PM
I will definitely try to add things to the dressing to see if I can get a good taste! The mayo tasted very powdery. Maybe it was just the jar I got.

pocahontas812
01-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Are you mixing your own shakes or using the RTD beverages? If you are mixing your own shakes you can add 1C spinach to each one. It will affect the color of the drink, but you won't be able to taste the spinach. A lot of people also add a cup of coffee along with the spinach. Directions:

To a blender add:
1C water
1C ice (I use cubes, not crushed)
1C spinach (loose to moderately packed)
IP drink or pudding mix (or alternative brand, whatever you're using)

Blend until smooth.

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Have you guys thought about juicing? I'm not familiar with IP, but you can mask anything in fruit juice. It usually tastes good too.
No juicing on IP. We need the fiber.
And no fruit at all.

Are you mixing your own shakes or using the RTD beverages? If you are mixing your own shakes you can add 1C spinach to each one. It will affect the color of the drink, but you won't be able to taste the spinach. A lot of people also add a cup of coffee along with the spinach. Directions:

To a blender add:
1C water

Blend until smooth.
You can even do this with a RTD. Just plunk it in the blender with the spinach & Ice. You honestly can't taste the spinach. I prefer decaf coffee to water to make mine! (and I use coffee ice cubes, too).
It turns an ugly greenish brown but tastes good! I preferred to use dark chocolate

cjennyh
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Coffee and spinach? Now that's a new combination! I think it's easier to stay on plan if you mix things up. If you are eating the same things everyday, you are bound to get bored. My clinic allows you to trade-in IP foods, if you have something you don't like. The wildberry yogurt drink is awesome. I just had it today for the first time. I know what you mean about texture. I had the peach mango drink and literally could not finish it. Grainy..ugh! As for the veggies, if you get 1 cup in your omlet, you only have 3 to go. What about canned green beans (only 2x a week) or sauerkraut with your meat (like a pork chop) at night? Do you not eat the salads? I chop up at least a cup of veggies for my salad. I make homemade salad dresing. It's so easy, and there are tons of salad dressing recipes out there. Just don't add sugar and don't go crazy using it. That's how I get my olive oil in. I've never been crazy about "diet" foods because I feel they are full of chemicals and flavorings and not "real" food. I'd rather eat my own dressing knowing what went in it. And it helps elminate boredom with the salad. If you can find a salad dressing recipe you like (there are many) maybe that would help you to eat your veggies in a salad or raw? Good luck to you. I'm on day 5 too. Try and mix things up (literally, and figuratively...Ha!).

PrettyCreole
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM

You're right, but fruit juice is forbidden on IP :(

Beck81
01-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Rhubarb is a veggie and very tasty and satisfied my fruit craving. I microwave 2 cups with 2 T. WF strawberry syrup add some cinnamon and eat it warm or add packet of knox gelatin and 3/4 cup of water dissolved first, put in the frig and have rhubarb jello. I have also mixed the warm with a packet of oatmeal too.

djs06
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I love rhubarb, too! I have it most nights as my 'dessert.'

ladylunk
01-25-2013, 03:25 PM
I am on a jicama kick. Just had som on my salad raw. It's great, very mild turnip flavouring in background and apple taste (to me anyway). Nice crunch like an apple. And to whoever recommended lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper for dressing, I love it. Thanks! Thought it would be boring, but it really does complement all the veggies so well. Added some fennel seed too. Yum.

65X65
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
IS amazing and beats celery!!!

65X65
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
..can scallions be cooked??? Scallion breath is not a good thing!!

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 05:19 PM

Ideal Protein doesn't allow any fruit (juice or otherwise) during weight loss. We can only juice veggies if we use something like a Vitamix, which preserves the pulp and does not strain it out. We need that fiber from the pulp!

RE: Onions - there's a lot of debate about them. I did some research, somewhere on here I posted a link to a page that explains that onions only form the "bad" sugar chains when they are browned/caramelized. Not all chemical reactions are created equal, and in order to form the sugars that we are to avoid on IP the onions have to be heated to a very high temperature, which causes the browning. Cooking them till they are translucent or general heating without browning does not bring them to a high enough temperature to create those sugars. Folks are free to choose whether or not they want to have the cooked-not-caramelized onions, but them's the facts :)

HillaryJH
01-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the tips! I am just about to start IP and I am super nervous about the amount of veggies that I have to get in because I am not a veggie fan!

I will have to purchase a blender to try out the water/ice/spinach/packet deal. Promise the taste isn't altered?

BrittStar027
01-25-2013, 08:01 PM
I can't find rhubarb anywhere this time if year! I've checked two different grocery stores (in the freezer) but no luck. Any suggestions?? I'm in Rhode Island if that helps...

IdealProteinNewbie
01-25-2013, 08:06 PM
I can't find rhubarb anywhere this time if year! I've checked two different grocery stores (in the freezer) but no luck. Any suggestions?? I'm in Rhode Island if that helps...

Do you have ShopRite's? They carry it in my area, but usually put it with the frozen fruit, even though it's technically a vegetable.

BrittStar027
01-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Ooo! There is a ShopRite about 20 minutes from me! Guess I know where I'm going tomorrow! They sell WF too, so even better!

IP43
01-25-2013, 08:31 PM
I love soups, omelettes and salads and probably have too many veggies. But if you don't like them, I can see an issue.
If you puree the soups, you get way more veggies in without the "texture" of different cooked veggies (but maybe that's too much like the juicer idea??)
Lisa adds zuchinni to her muffins, so that would be do'able
You can also "rice" up your cauliflower, or turn it into breads/pancakes etc.

Hopefully you learn to like veggies more because, in the long run, this is what you'll be eating to keep the weight off.

I just did my cauliflower with EVOO and a bit of garam masala spice in the oven. Yum!

The turnip fries, turnip(or kale or zuchinni chips) are also yummier than you would think. I used to hate turnip. Now, not so much.

Purrfect
01-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Oh, how about some of the organic green powders? They are concentrated heavy duty greens; nutrient rich, not likely to have the fiber but you can take psyllium in water to get that without any real hit on carbs. Hmmmm. I may have to consider how to do that. Anyone have experience?

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh, how about some of the organic green powders? They are concentrated heavy duty greens; nutrient rich, not likely to have the fiber but you can take psyllium in water to get that without any real hit on carbs. Hmmmm. I may have to consider how to do that. Anyone have experience?

You really need to be eating the veggies. It's about so much more than calories and carbs. For one, you eventually have to eat in maintenance. Measuring and portioning veggies (and learning how to eat LOTS of them) in Phase 1 is practice for Phase 4. In maintenance veggies are the only unlimited food and will become the biggest part of your plate at two of three meals. They have minimal impact on your intake in the weight loss phase, so we practice good portioning on them while we lose weight. For another, your body still needs to digest REAL food to keep it from getting lazy. The transition back to real food is going to be a bigger shock to your digestion if you are trying to substitute everything you eat with foods that have been processed down into concentrates.

IP43
01-25-2013, 09:29 PM
I wondered about those myself to be honest, so please share what you find out. My friend swears by her green "smoothies" in the morning, but I know 100% she says they taste gross as it's always a running joke. Her husband sometimes grabs her "coffee cup" by mistake and regrets it! Perhaps in a choc shake might be different?

IdealProteinNewbie
01-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Ooo! There is a ShopRite about 20 minutes from me! Guess I know where I'm going tomorrow! They sell WF too, so even better!

Nice! The rhubarb is probably with the frozen veggies, the salad dressings are in a refrigerated display by the lettuce, the BBQ sauce and ketchup is mixed in with the sugar-laden varieties, and the caramel and pancake syrups are generally in the same aisle as diet pills (weird!).

Let me know what you find!

lisa32989
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM
I love soups, omelettes and salads and probably have too many veggies. But if you don't like them, I can see an issue.
If you puree the soups, you get way more veggies in without the "texture" of different cooked veggies (but maybe that's too much like the juicer idea??)

Pureeing the veggies is NOT like juicing. A juicer removes all of the fiber.
Puree away!!! They go great in the cream soups!

This would not be on plan.
Follow the plan as written, that's how it works, rather than trying to avoid the "rules". There have been tons of ideas for how to "hide" veggies if you need to but it needs to be the veggies on the select list!
Its the plan. Its the way it is. There are other plans but this one works the way it is written.

BrittStar027
01-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Ok, so no rhubarb at Shop Rite, but they did have a decent selection of WF. I still have a few grocery stores i can check for frozen rhubarb. If they don't have any i might just be stuck waiting until the summer when it's readily available.

my31rewards
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM

To a blender add:
1C water

Blend until smooth.

Do you use fresh or frozen spinach?

BrittStar027
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
So no rhubarb at Shop Rite. I posted a topic about the rhubarb. I'm majorly jonesing for some lately. When i did IP before, i started in the summer and this was my go-to when i wanted something fruit-like.

Halfagain
01-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Rhubarb is a veggie and very tasty and satisfied my fruit craving. I microwave 2 cups with 2 T. WF strawberry syrup add some cinnamon and eat it warm or add packet of knox gelatin and 3/4 cup of water dissolved first, put in the frig and have rhubarb jello. I have also mixed the warm with a packet of oatmeal too.

I love rhubarb, too! I have it most nights as my 'dessert.'

Woot! RHUBARB (has my name right in there - the "barb" part). Yep it has saved me a few times when my fruit cravings kick into high. My mom has a big patch that I stocked up on last summer - you just wash/cut it up and freeze it - no blanching needed. I ran out though. I found it in the frozen section with the frozen pie making fruits. In my area the brand is Remlinger Farms that I've found it under. Central Market had it. I see googling that Dole also sells frozen rhubarb, though I've not found it here.

While you are looking for the frozen rhubarb - keep an eye out for Minute Maid lemon juice too - if you haven't discovered it yet. It's awesome easy and keeps a long time once thawed (I've never had it go bad on me even when using it infrequently pre-diet). It's not found in every store, but it's handy and very nice to put a small splash in your water. It tastes like fresh lemon - not like those green real-lemon bottles on the regular shelf.
http://fresh.amazon.com/product?asin=B000SKP51Q&sim=detail

I would not say I was a big fan of veggies pre-IP, but I'm a fan now. Cabbage is awesome and it keeps in the drawer for ages. I don't do that often but sliced up and steamed with some of the sloppy joe packet over it is great. Or WF makes coleslaw dressing. I have some, but haven't tried it yet - I should do that. Cabbage is a nice add to homemade chicken soup too (really veggie soup - zuchinni, bell pepper, onion, whatever other veggies are okay and handy, with Costco organic chicken broth, and chicken added if I have it). Sometimes I'll add some of the IP allowed type of noodles as well, but they count as a packet. Just have to balance out the chicken with the noodles and maybe have the soup for two meals. I put sharachi sauce in there as well, hot sauce is awesome even if just a touch of it. Reminds me of pho broth.

lisa32989
01-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Do you use fresh or frozen spinach?

Fresh!
And you can use the RTDs too, not just dry packets.

KarinF
01-26-2013, 03:02 PM
I love this thread, thank you all for posting ideas. I am re-starting alternative IP. I lost 50lbs last year on IP and have gained 25 back because I was stupid and thought I could eat everything again LOL I tried to start Atkins on Jan. 1st because I had a great deal of success with it earlier in my life and was loyal to it for over 8 years and one Thanksgiving I thought I would splurge and I put on 40lbs. in a day, well it seemed that way anyway :dizzy: I started IP Jan. of last year and did well on it and went on a 3 week vacation and still did good. Came home and started splurging and now here I am again. :^:

So much for rambeling, I will keep and eye on theis thread.
Thank you

Sammie12
01-26-2013, 05:12 PM
You should also try the rutabaga fries they r actually pretty good & I'm not a big turnip eater. Love roasted asparagus or even roasted cauliflower. Roasted just right reminds me of popcorn.

New Englander
01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Kale chips are pretty good. Take a bunch of kale (removed from its thick stem)... rip it up into the size you'd like to eat. Drizzle with one - two tsp evoo and season to taste...Then just mush it all together so the evoo and seasonings get all over the pieces.

I bake mine at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes. If you burn it it will taste bitter... :p

Liddybean
01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Since the veggies are measured before they are cooked - 4 cups of spinach or kale cooks down to like 1/2 a cup. you can put that in an omelet, chicken soup or chopped up fine like parsely and cooked in meatloaf, meatballs, spaghetti meat with a tiny bit of tomato. I also really like the pasta salad with a little broccoli and a lot of diced cucumber.

Cauliflower can be steamed until soft then pureed like mashed potatoes. a tiny bit of truffle infused olive oil can bump that up to amazing levels. Try using it as a topping for IP chicken pot pie or IP shepherds pie.

another favorite is IP fauxtato salad. cooking turnips, dicing them and tossing with a little WF mayo and vinegar and scallion or chives. They are already mustardy tasting so maybe no mustard.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-26-2013, 07:37 PM
So no rhubarb at Shop Rite. I posted a topic about the rhubarb. I'm majorly jonesing for some lately. When i did IP before, i started in the summer and this was my go-to when i wanted something fruit-like.

Bummer :(

What about slicing up zucchini, tossing with splenda and cinnamon, microwaving until soft and topping with WF pancake syrup?

Tastes like baked apple slices!!!

scorbett1103
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: the rhubarb dilemma - have you tried jicama? I find it in the produce aisle near where they keep the asian veggies. You can also find them at spanish markets. Once you peel it, it's got a very mild flavor and texture like an apple! I often have it for a snack sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda, or dipped in the WF caramel sauce!

markhenry
01-26-2013, 07:52 PM
It took me about two months to get over the insane amount of vegetables I had to eat each day, but now it's fairly normal. Other than salad I really didn't eat many vegetables, which is a significant factor in why I've needed to diet in the first place (maybe we all can relate to that). It may take a bit but as you get in your routine you will find things you like- I look forward to brussel sprouts a couple times a week. It's strange how severely restricting one's choices suddenly makes previously unappealing options (I love brussel sprouts but I would have never chosen them over bread and cheese) more attractive. You'll get used to it.

my31rewards
01-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Fresh!
And you can use the RTDs too, not just dry packets.

Tried it tonight and it was good!!

lat1nacurv3s
01-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi all! I'm new to IP and new to 3FC too. Have been reading a lot this evening. Lots of great information. I'm in P1 of the program. And tomorrow will be challenging as I'll be with family celebrating my brothers birthday.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of taking a veggie plate. My moms preparing meat, I think fajita meat. Which I don't think is an approved protein. :?:

Thanks!

Start weight: 207lbs
WI Thursday:

scorbett1103
01-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi all! I'm new to IP and new to 3FC too. Have been reading a lot this evening. Lots of great information. I'm in P1 of the program. And tomorrow will be challenging as I'll be with family celebrating my brothers birthday.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of taking a veggie plate. My moms preparing meat, I think fajita meat. Which I don't think is an approved protein. :?:

Thanks!

Start weight: 207lbs
WI Thursday:

If they're just making the meat with oil and spices, it is fine. Fajita meat is usually just chicken or beef that's been seasoned. Just make sure to ask to see the jar of spices and check for added sugar, that would be the only thing to make it not ok on P1. Some meat and veggies (skip the tortillas for fajitas) and you're good to go! Bringing a veggie plate is ALWAYS a good idea, that way you don't have to worry about having something to munch. You may also want to save your restricted item for the day and bring it with you to the party (bars and snacks are very portable!) - it will keep you from getting caught without your food if the party is around the same time as lunch or a snack.

Good luck!

65X65
01-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Another good way to NOT have your diet sabotaged at an family event, is to bring something else you know you can eat. Say you wanted to try the recipe for something you need to bring to another event down the road, and wanted some unbiased family members to tell you how they like it. I'd get a pound of lean ground beef (or more if your budget permits) and saute and season it to IP regulations...put it in a cute serving container....and bring that also. It won't ruin their menu or party...and it gives you a protein you know you can eat with not too much fuss or expense.

marnie
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
i've been told the same thing by 3 diffrent coaches about onions. you can cook with them but once they start to change colour they are turning to sugar. i eat onion at least 4-5 times a week

marnie
01-27-2013, 03:55 PM
what we also tried was cutting turnip into fries cook in oven taste like french fries . all vinager and even better.. i've been living off cucumber, celery and brocolli. now turnip and i've never ate turnip before up untill 2 days ago

Saphi
05-11-2013, 03:33 PM
There are many veggies I don't care for like celery and broccoli. I eat mushrooms raw onions alot of raw spinach and I add it to my omlet. Twice a week I added tomato to my salad. I love stirfried cauliflower. There are many dishes I have seen on various IP sites that just look good and I actually want to try them.

Saphi

lisa32989
05-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Go to the daily chat thread, first post, and find the link to Fun With Veggie Purées.
I added puréed veggies to my IP soups for the first several months. Now I actually have to limit my veggies!

mcn1254
05-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Ideal Protein doesn't allow any fruit (juice or otherwise) during weight loss. We can only juice veggies if we use something like a Vitamix, which preserves the pulp and does not strain it out. We need that fiber from the pulp!

RE: Onions - there's a lot of debate about them. I did some research, somewhere on here I posted a link to a page that explains that onions only form the "bad" sugar chains when they are browned/caramelized. Not all chemical reactions are created equal, and in order to form the sugars that we are to avoid on IP the onions have to be heated to a very high temperature, which causes the browning. Cooking them till they are translucent or general heating without browning does not bring them to a high enough temperature to create those sugars. Folks are free to choose whether or not they want to have the cooked-not-caramelized onions, but them's the facts :)

Thanks for sharing scorbett. I like my onions sautéed just until tender and translucent anyway. You have alot of helpful suggestions

PatienceP
05-17-2013, 11:31 PM
I know my grocer will make special orders for it's customers. I live in Louisiana and my grocer actually asked me what rhubarb is so he wouldn't feel foolish asking for it. He says he was worried about having it just sit but was thanked for having something nobody else in our area has. Now he calls me when he gets ready to order to let me know so I don't miss out.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/yinyang02/lb/0/48.6/0.59999999999999/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

lucypenny
05-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone! I'm in my 3rd week of Ideal Protein diet. Lost 5lbs my first week and 3.6 my 2nd. I do chocolate shakes twice a day and an omelet once a day. I add my onion and mushrooms into my omelet at lunch and then supper I am browning ground beef or turkey with mushrooms, onions and yellow bell pepper and eating it over lettuce. If I'm out of mushrooms I will add spinach into my lettuce. Here's my problem... I loath most veggies. The exception being corn, carrots, peas, beans. Basically the stuff I can't have. I've tried roasting them, grilling them, boiling them. I'm going to try to purée them and mix them in in with meat and make a "loaf". Does anyone else have this issue??? I know veggies are an important part of this diet so I've got to figure out some way to get them down!!! :?:

I get my veggies in with my protein meal. I stir fry mine in Walden Farms Sesame dressing and add a bunch of different seasonings. I eat 3 cups with my protein and try my best to get the other cup in at another time of the day but I will say that I have been doing fine on 3 cups. I can easily eat the same thing for dinner evernight so this task became easier for me. You may think I'm crazy but I eat Alaskan cod as my protein every day. It stir fries up easily and I can make it 50 different ways with seasoning. I'm easy like that though and I know many cant as the same thing over and over makes them crazy. Personally, mushrooms and Bok Choy have been my go to with my stir fry as its filling and both take on the taste of the seasonings. I use allot of curry and ginger when I stir fry. ( I should clarify that I stir fry with no oil. I do use spray oil to start the process)

The other thing I found as my life savor is Beef Bullion. I make a cube of it dissolved in 10 ounces of hot water and drink it as an appetizer before I eat. It helps me with my sodium intake and also makes me feel like I just ate something with some flavor.

I have also chopped my mushrooms in a blender and added them to my mushroom soup pack. I have done the same with broccoli and it rocks in the broccoli soup.

Hope that helps!!

Roo2
05-18-2013, 09:49 AM
I ate mainly raw veggies all the way to goal.
Love the peppers had Red Peppers at least twice a day even when had to pay $2.99 lb...just to keep me with something I truly enjoy. Love cucumbers with salt and dip in Olive Oil.

I am a Picky Eater to the extreme..,we all need to find what works for us.....and then kick it out to Goal!
IP drinks were a go to for me, carry them with me wherever I go!
Find your rhythm...and go from there.
Good Luck, Roo2

Taboo
05-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I've learned to bury the veggies in lots of ways. I eat a huge salad at noon (which I learned to do) and I use half lettuce and half spinach. I add red peppers, mushroom and onions to a salad. I like asparagus for breakfast alongside an omelet. I've never liked coleslaw but found that mixing cabbage slaw with cilantro, scallions and an Asian dressing is good. Many of the WF dressings are better with a bit of sweetener added. I use liquid Splenda so I avoid the carb.

majofki
05-19-2013, 12:20 AM
I just started the IP diet on 5/10/13. Had been talking about it, on and off line for about a month and a half. The hard part for me is in the mornings. I seem to have some kind of insulin level that just doesn't get fully contained with an omelet, even tho I put sliced portobello mushrooms in it. I end up having a drink within 1 - 2 hours on top of the omelet. Once I get some real protein in the body at noon (have decided to move that to then), I'm fine. Energy peaks, can get a lot done. Can finish the day with a soup packet and vegies. But the mornings are yuck! Was at 201 lbs, with a goal of losing 75 lbs.
If anybody has any more ideas about what to do with the omelet let me know. I tried putting a bunch of garlic cloves in it, which were good, but didn't sound good two days in a row.

Alaskagirl92128
05-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the tips! I am just about to start IP and I am super nervous about the amount of veggies that I have to get in because I am not a veggie fan!

I will have to purchase a blender to try out the water/ice/spinach/packet deal. Promise the taste isn't altered?

I promise the taste is not altered!
:)

Lynnie63
05-19-2013, 08:18 AM
We discovered a whole,bunch of new veggies when I started IP.

Roasted cauliflower is great - 40 mins @400 degrees
Roasted fennel you can use Walden Farms balsamic in it
Asparagus - roasted in the oven or on the grill
Ruttabega roasted in the oven
Broccoli - I steam it and use a sesame dressing of equal parts white or rice vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce
Big Mac in a bowl with extra pickles and a can of mushrooms
Roasted mushrooms
Celery root - roast it or youmcan mash it
Rhubarb - I stock up this time of the year

Try grilling your veggies - it chanfpgrs the taste if the,- everything is better in the grill.

We found a recipe somewhere on here for rutabaga puff - I brought it to Thanksgiving -

There's a lot of ideas on here - there's also the book that you can get from your coach.

Try other veggies- you might be surprised that you like them.