Ideal Protein Diet - Any Canadians know what is happening to Proteinwell.ca?

sandralosingweight
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Hello everyone,

To my fellow Canadians Ipers, those of you who usually order from proteinwell.ca, does anyone know what is happening with them? I recently placed an order with them, and when I did, most of their bars were on sale, and most of the other items I could not find such as the butterscotch and the vanilla pudding! But today, as I went to their site, I found almost nothing, just some few bars left and that is it! No breakfast items, no soups.... :(

What is so irritating with them is they never ever reply to any question sent by e-mail and there is no phone number to reach them.

So, anyone knows? Are they closing? I guess so.

Are there any other Canadian sites from which we can order?

I have ordered from the past from Nashua but as it is from the US, it comes out much more expensive with the shipping and the duties.

So please if you know of any Canadian site I can use to get my alternative products, please suggest.

Thank you :)

MelissaM39
01-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi Sandra,

Wow, I just went to their site and there's really nothing there!!

I only know of 2 other websites that cater to low card diets:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/index.php

and

http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/

Good luck!

NorthernChick13
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Well.ca is my lifesaver!!! They have EVERYTHING and ship Canada-wide!

sandralosingweight
01-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Well.ca is my lifesaver!!! They have EVERYTHING and ship Canada-wide!

Hi,

I buy lots of stuff from well.ca, but I just checked and they don't have any protidiet products.

Can you suggest to me what do you buy as alternatives from well.ca please?

evepet
01-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Sure looks like they're closing.... can't see they'd liquidate everything this way for any other reason, and not restock the other products. Darn.

I guess I'll be relying on thelowcarbgrocery.com and lowcarbcanada.com.

And - if you have a Dr. Bernstein's clinic you can go to (or you can order online too at http://store.drbdiet.com/ ) they are a excellent alternative for RTDs, soups, and oatmeals. I used them regularly throughout my dieting process. Some of the bars and shakes would be fine too. Just compare the nutritional values, as I didn't use them and didn't compare them as thoroughly as the RTDs, soups, and oatmeals. I've also been using their potassium supplements.

thin4me
01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Wow, I just did a 150.00 order and bought some things to try as they were on sale, however I never questioned the sale at that point - just happy with it. Unfortunately I never ordered enough soup and oatmeal.

Here's hoping I have enough to get me through my reboot. I buy protein shakes for breakfast and detour bars for snack before working out, both from Costco so I really only need a lunch

Too bad though as I relied on them, maybe they are just revamping things??

evepet
01-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Wow, I just did a 150.00 order and bought some things to try as they were on sale, however I never questioned the sale at that point - just happy with it. Unfortunately I never ordered enough soup and oatmeal.

Here's hoping I have enough to get me through my reboot. I buy protein shakes for breakfast and detour bars for snack before working out, both from Costco so I really only need a lunch

Too bad though as I relied on them, maybe they are just revamping things??

I hope they're just revamping too. As I said above, you can buy soup and oatmeal packets that are practically (if not exactly) identical at Dr. Bernstein's. If there's not a clinic nearby, you can order online at http://store.drbdiet.com/

patns
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
I have heard several times that Dr B and IP use the same suppliers so their products are very close or actually the same in different packaging. The RTD drinks taste the same to me.

Hopefully proteinwell may be clearing out to move to a new location but it does seem that they may be closing down.

In the fall it seemed that a number of IP clinics in Ontario and Quebec were changing to Protidiet & Protithin products and changing the amounts they charged for the IP products. I hope there wasn't a deal struck to stop selling these products to the general public in Canada.

Pat

thin4me
01-26-2013, 01:58 PM
I hope they're just revamping too. As I said above, you can buy soup and oatmeal packets that are practically (if not exactly) identical at Dr. Bernstein's. If there's not a clinic nearby, you can order online at http://store.drbdiet.com/

I haven't checked them out but the cost of proteinwell was approx 14.00 for 7 packets - much better than ideal protein. I'll take a look at the site you mentioned. Thanks

thin4me
01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
I have heard several times that Dr B and IP use the same suppliers so their products are very close or actually the same in different packaging. The RTD drinks taste the same to me.

Hopefully proteinwell may be clearing out to move to a new location but it does seem that they may be closing down.

In the fall it seemed that a number of IP clinics in Ontario and Quebec were changing to Protidiet & Protithin products and changing the amounts they charged for the IP products. I hope there wasn't a deal struck to stop selling these products to the genal public in Canada.

Pat

Really? Interesting.... that could explain eliminating the "cheaper" product we rely on

evepet
01-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I haven't checked them out but the cost of proteinwell was approx 14.00 for 7 packets - much better than ideal protein. I'll take a look at the site you mentioned. Thanks

Mr. B's is $16/box of 7 packets. :) Still a lot less expensive than IP.

Shobey26
01-26-2013, 03:17 PM
What do your order from lowcarbgrocery.com I am overwhelmed with choices?!

patns
01-26-2013, 03:52 PM
What do your order from lowcarbgrocery.com I am overwhelmed with choices?!

That was the problem I had at first but Evepet's blog helped a lot. The link is under her posts above,

sandralosingweight
01-26-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone,

Everybody keeps on mentioning these two sites: www.thelowcarbgrocery.com and www.lowcarbcanada.ca but I looked on both sites and both don't have the protidiet products and I took a look at both sites and not sure what is it exactly I can buy from them!

I found this website: http://www.protifoods.com/ recently but I am a little bit suspicious since the phone number they have on their website is out of service! And after I opened an account, I put stuff in my cart but I could not find any info about shipping to Canada! I did not want to give my credit info before knowing how much it is gonna cost me, so I sent them an e-mail but haven't heard from them since. Anybody has ever ordered from them?

thin4me
01-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Just had a look at lowcarb as well as the prices seem awfully high, almost similar to Ideal Protein

sandralosingweight
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone,

Everybody keeps on mentioning these two sites: www.thelowcarbgrocery.com and www.lowcarbcanada.ca but I looked on both sites and both don't have the protidiet products and I took a look at both sites and not sure what is it exactly I can buy from them!

I found this website: http://www.protifoods.com/ recently but I am a little bit suspicious since the phone number they have on their website is out of service! And after I opened an account, I put stuff in my cart but I could not find any info about shipping to Canada! I did not want to give my credit info before knowing how much it is gonna cost me, so I sent them an e-mail but haven't heard from them since. Anybody has ever ordered from them?

Just to let you all know that it seems like this site is not working cause I just received an email that the message was undeliverable! So I would not dare to order from them.

evepet
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Just had a look at lowcarb as well as the prices seem awfully high, almost similar to Ideal Protein

Where you looking at lowcarbcanada.com - or thelowcarbgrocery.com ? I've ordered mostly from thelowcarbgrocery.com and always found their products relatively affordable, especially compared to IP. It IS harder to compare their products though than the soup, oatmeal, bars, etc. that you get with the products in 'packets' that ProtiDiet puts out. You have to really take the time to review the nutritional values and ingredients. And with thelowcarbgrocery.com you of course have to consider the number of portions in each bag/container.

evepet
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Just to let you all know that it seems like this site is not working cause I just received an email that the message was undeliverable! So I would not dare to order from them.

I noticed that that site is sponsored by 'Nutmeg State Nutrition - Your Weight Loss Centre'.... googled that and it brought me to another website where the 1-877# seems to be continuously busy. But I noticed that under the 'locations' tab of that website all are located in CT, which I believe is the State of Connecticut, USA. So once again, customs. Might as well stick with Nashua.

sandralosingweight
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Where you looking at lowcarbcanada.com - or thelowcarbgrocery.com ? I've ordered mostly from thelowcarbgrocery.com and always found their products relatively affordable, especially compared to IP. It IS harder to compare their products though than the soup, oatmeal, bars, etc. that you get with the products in 'packets' that ProtiDiet puts out. You have to really take the time to review the nutritional values and ingredients. And with thelowcarbgrocery.com you of course have to consider the number of portions in each bag/container.

Hi,

Can you please give me an example of what product you order from this site? Can you suggest something that you like please?

evepet
01-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi,

Can you please give me an example of what product you order from this site? Can you suggest something that you like please?

Sandra, you'll find all the info about what I've used there in my blog below - the link is in my signature line below. Go direct to the 'Seeking Alternative Products' tab and scroll down to see pages where I talk about what I've used re bars, soup, pancakes, oatmeal, shakes, etc. and where I found them. My selections from thelowcarbgrocery.com are all there.

BTW - I love ChocoRite protein powder!! I've always used their cappucino, mixed with my fresh decaf coffee... and only about a month ago ordered some chocolate supreme and french vanilla too. I love them all. So far it's the best I've found in terms of thickness of the drinks. (I need to update my blog... it only refers to my using the cappuccino shakes.)

thin4me
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM

Just looked and it is the thelowcarbgrocery.com under pro energy??

evepet
01-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Just looked and it is the thelowcarbgrocery.com under pro energy??

Not sure what you mean about 'pro energy'??? But thelowcarbgrocery.com has a website which sells a wide variety of lower carb products. Here's the link: http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/low-carb-c-132.html

If you want to see the specifics of what products I used the most from thelowcarbgrocery.com please refer to my blog - the link is in my signature line. Click on the "Selecting Alternative Products" link and scroll down for the different categories.

thin4me
01-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Not sure what you mean about 'pro energy'??? But thelowcarbgrocery.com has a website which sells a wide variety of lower carb products. Here's the link: http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/low-carb-c-132.html

If you want to see the specifics of what products I used the most from thelowcarbgrocery.com please refer to my blog - the link is in my signature line. Click on the "Selecting Alternative Products" link and scroll down for the different categories.

Thanks I'll have a look, the Pro Energy was a "sub-set" in the listing the website covered

DJ72
01-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow. Just got my last order from Proteinwell last week. Glad I stocked up. I love the juice protein drinks. Will miss them if they are gone

sandralosingweight
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Hi,

I just checked their website and now they don't have any item anymore! :( I am so sad about this, it was so convenient to order from them and it was the cheapest option for me, cause when I order from Nashua, I have to pay duty! Moreover, I did not find any Canadian website from which I can order Protidiet products!

I sent proteinwell.ca 2 emails to inquire about what is happening and of course no answer!

Anyway... what can we do, right?

thin4me
01-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi,

I just checked their website and now they don't have any item anymore! :( I am so sad about this, it was so convenient to order from them and it was the cheapest option for me, cause when I order from Nashua, I have to pay duty! Moreover, I did not find any Canadian website from which I can order Protidiet products!

I sent proteinwell.ca 2 emails to inquire about what is happening and of course no answer!

Anyway... what can we do, right?

Good morning Sandra

I've sent 2 emails as well to no avail. I also spent a few hourse searching the intranet for another canadian supplier for Protidiet and couldn't locate one. I'm also skeptical about ordering from Nashua due to duty as well as shipping charges - adds up really quick and you don't know the end cost until it is delivered, also takes a long time to ship!

I did notice that costco online now has some diet products but didn't check them out to see if they were protein diet food. Keep us informed if you find out something new.

sandralosingweight
01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Good morning Sandra

I've sent 2 emails as well to no avail. I also spent a few hourse searching the intranet for another canadian supplier for Protidiet and couldn't locate one. I'm also skeptical about ordering from Nashua due to duty as well as shipping charges - adds up really quick and you don't know the end cost until it is delivered, also takes a long time to ship!

I did notice that costco online now has some diet products but didn't check them out to see if they were protein diet food. Keep us informed if you find out something new.

I buy many alternatives from Costco, not online though, I buy the Kaizen whey protein, but of course this is my personal opinion: the vanilla one is yummy but the chocolate one is yucki! I can't stand it, now I still have some and I keep on trying to mix it with some other flavours in order to finish with it and will never buy it again! I did some muffins by mixing it with the oat packet and they came out so yuck! I recently made them with a jelly packet and added some orange essence and it was not too bad!

Also, from Costco, I buy the Detours bars and they come at about just $1 a bar!

The Muscle milk light is my go to protein to take with me whenever I am on the run, it comes out at about $2 a shake.

And once I found these BBQ chips that I bought once, they are restricted, not sure if they still have them as I haven't seen them in a while, but those were not my favourite anyway.

I just wanted to mention that if you decide to order from Nashua, there is this website that I use to help me figure out how much the cost will be, and it is pretty accurate, there might be a minor difference in the price but at least you'll know approximately what you are going to pay:

http://www.thefinalcost.com/

Hope this helps :)

thin4me
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Also, from Costco, I buy the Detours bars and they come at about just $1 a bar!

The Muscle milk light is my go to protein to take with me whenever I am on the run, it comes out at about $2 a shake.

I just wanted to mention that if you decide to order from Nashua, there is this website that I use to help me figure out how much the cost will be, and it is pretty accurate, there might be a minor difference in the price but at least you'll know approximately what you are going to pay:

http://www.thefinalcost.com/

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the info on the website, I also buy detour bars and premier protein drinks from costco. Hopefully my last shipment from proteinwell will last until I finish my reboot

sandralosingweight
01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Sorry, just an editing to what I wrote, I just looked at the box of Whey protein that I buy from Costco and it is the Leanfit one not the Kaizen.

loopers
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm very sad that proteinwell.ca seems to have gone out of business! I had planned to order a bunch of stuff next week :( I *think* that ProtiDiet also has a line called ProtiLife, which is available at my local pharmacy. I bought a box of *restricted* snack bars, and they seem to be the exact same as the ProtiDiet ones. Will have to look into the rest of the products to see if there are substitutes.

I was really looking forward to pizza tho :(

trucolours88
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Got this email from my coach this morning:

"Hello,

We are trying out a new program called the ProtiDiet. It is very similar to Ideal Protein and the key concepts stay the same. We are lowering sugars and fats in the diet while maintaining higher protein to prevent muscle loss. Diana and myself have tried the program and are finding that we are getting the same results as with Ideal Protein.

There are some differences in the ProtiDiet program - instead of 3 products a day you have 5. Each product has slightly less protein than Ideal Protein - but this allows you to easily spread things out so you never feel deprived or hungry - which can happen in the morning or afternoon on Ideal Protein depending on when you have your snack. You are also allowed a small serving of dairy and fruit through the day and a more flexible weekend plan that helps if you are travelling or going out. Another benefit of this program is cost - even with the extra foods it actually costs less than Ideal Protein!

If you are interested in finding out more about the ProtiDiet Plan join me on February 28, at 7:00 pm to learn more about this exciting new program."

Could explain why proteinwell isn't working? Maybe IP is taking it over? Anyone else heard anything?

thin4me
02-06-2013, 01:59 PM

Could explain why proteinwell isn't working? Maybe IP is taking it over? Anyone else heard anything?

They probably got sick of losing money to protienwell!!!! That sucks! You should ask her how much they are selling the boxes for, in Canada they were approx 13.50 each for 7 packets and if your order was over 99.00 they shipped for free.

Not sure how they calculated you to have 5 packets though as most of us have done the comparision and they are fairly similiar - just more $$$ in their pockets

Lian
02-06-2013, 03:01 PM

"Hello,

We are trying out a new program called the ProtiDiet. It is very similar to Ideal Protein and the key concepts stay the same. We are lowering sugars and fats in the diet while maintaining higher protein to prevent muscle loss. Diana and myself have tried the program and are finding that we are getting the same results as with Ideal Protein.

There are some differences in the ProtiDiet program - instead of 3 products a day you have 5. Each product has slightly less protein than Ideal Protein - but this allows you to easily spread things out so you never feel deprived or hungry - which can happen in the morning or afternoon on Ideal Protein depending on when you have your snack. You are also allowed a small serving of dairy and fruit through the day and a more flexible weekend plan that helps if you are travelling or going out. Another benefit of this program is cost - even with the extra foods it actually costs less than Ideal Protein!

If you are interested in finding out more about the ProtiDiet Plan join me on February 28, at 7:00 pm to learn more about this exciting new program."

I would love to change over can I ask where about you are in Ontario?
I cannot find protidiet anywhere apart from if i order from states.....

patns
02-06-2013, 03:16 PM

If they are not reducing the price of the products to at least half or more than what they are charging for IP products you are still far ahead financially to order from the US.
I would also be suspicious of their claim you can have 5 pkgs a day as thin4 said, they are very similiar in nutrition numbers.

The more alternative products I use the more convinced I am that IP, Dr. B ;and all the proti kinds are all coming from the same source in Quecbec.

Even the ones I get from Nashua say made in Quebec on them.
Pat

Pat

trucolours88
02-06-2013, 03:23 PM

I'm in the Niagara Region :)

thin4me
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
If they are not reducing the price of the products to at least half or more than what they are charging for IP products you are still far ahead financially to order from the US.
I would also be suspicious of their claim you can have 5 pkgs a day as thin4 said, they are very similiar in nutrition numbers.

The more alternative products I use the more convinced I am that IP, Dr. B ;and all the proti kinds are all coming from the same source in Quecbec.

Even the ones I get from Nashua say made in Quebec on them.
Pat

Pat

Good afternoon Pat, I actually wrote the company that "supposedly" makes the protiDiet food in Quebec but haven't heard back from them - I'll keep you posted if I find anything out.

JCWilkie
02-07-2013, 12:55 PM
They probably got sick of losing money to protienwell!!!! That sucks! You should ask her how much they are selling the boxes for, in Canada they were approx 13.50 each for 7 packets and if your order was over 99.00 they shipped for free.

Not sure how they calculated you to have 5 packets though as most of us have done the comparision and they are fairly similiar - just more $$$ in their pockets

My Coach switched and were selling them for $25 I think, so I started ordering from Protienwell.

Not sure what I'm going to do now, as I know how much my Coach is making off me!

JCWilkie
02-07-2013, 01:07 PM
OMG! I think I found a site! And they are Canadian!

http://www.protifoods.com/index.php

I'm going to placing an order for the Gel Concentrate drinks as I am addicted to them! I'll let you know how it goes!

Lolo70
02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I googled Protidiet a while back and got a hit in the US. The writing on the home page sounded like one of those Chinese google translated fake web pages. I googled some more and found the factory in Canada, but a major place of sale seems to be France. When I looked at heir web page I noticed that they tell the same story of science based diet as the Ideal protein site does. Not usre what it means. Just found it interesting since Ideal Protein started from France.

I used the French to English translator on google chrome

The Blackburn story:
http://www.protidiet.fr/qui-sommes-nous.php

The phases:
http://www.protidiet.fr/diete.php

thin4me
02-07-2013, 01:55 PM

I'm going to placing an order for the Gel Concentrate drinks as I am addicted to them! I'll let you know how it goes!

I noticed the drinks are on sale but it is still a US site, what did shipping charges come to? Is it based on how much you ordered?

JCWilkie
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Their phone number is not active,.... I'm a little hesitant now.
I emailed and am waiting on a reply.

thin4me
02-07-2013, 03:08 PM

Shoot - I've added all kinds of items to my shopping cart but it doesn't even estimate the shipping charges - I'll await your update - thanks

thin4me
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM

I just tried the number as well but it is a 1-877 number that isn't active from Canada, not necessarily out of service - keep your fingers crossed. I had sent them an email as well but no response

sandralosingweight
02-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Hi,

I hesitated to order from them, it looked to good to be true, but their phone is not working and all my emails sent to them were left unanswered.

thin4me
02-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I hesitated to order from them, it looked to good to be true, but their phone is not working and all my emails sent to them were left unanswered.

I think we need someone from the US to try the number as I just think it is not accessible from Canada...

sandralosingweight
02-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I also got a message that the email was undelivrable! So I would not order from them! It might be a scam to get your credit card info.

thin4me
02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
I also got a message that the email was undelivrable! So I would not order from them! It might be a scam to get your credit card info.

Thanks! I didn't bother ordering from them either

sandralosingweight
02-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Hello everyone,

Just out of curiosity today I checked the proteinwell.ca site and found out that it is under construction :)

So... it is good news, I hope they'll come back with new affordable alternative products :)