Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday, 1/25/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday, 1/25/2013

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dolemite
01-25-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Lisa! And everyone else! First WI yesterday down 14lbs! Crazy! :carrot:

loopers
01-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Good morning, and Happy Friday!

I switched to alternatives on Wednesday due to financial issues. I've decided to weigh in on Friday mornings now, and this week I'm down 2 lbs! Hooray! Now if I can just get my legs to shrink some more, my new jeans will actually be comfortable!

Have a wonderful day everyone, and an even better OP weekend! :)

candowilldo
01-25-2013, 07:49 AM
WOW! 14lbs is fantastic. well done Dolomite.
I started the morning making Rainbow smiles blueberry scones using Proti thin pancake mix. I made a double batch and brought some to work to have as a snack. Delicious with WF raspberry fruit spread. Great scone texture.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Happy Friday!

Weigh-in today!

Cheekyskeeter
01-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I had a WI yesterday and down another 4 lbs so that's 8 in two weeks and 4.5 inches. Very happy with that. And went out for dinner with my husband last night (first time since starting) and was able to stick to the plan. Of course I would have loved to have a glass of wine with dinner but thankfully my husband only ordered water too.....if he had of ordered a drink I may have been tempted.

Glover girl
01-25-2013, 08:14 AM

Wow! That's terrific! My challenge today is going out for dinner it's my dh's birthday so we are going out with friends. I have my wf salad dressing to go at the ready. I will probably have salad ( without any contraband of course), and maybe some seafood. Good luck and happy weekend to all.:p

Trina M
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Congratulations dolomite and cheeky skeeter!! Good luck at your WI today IPNewbie! TGIF. I love the weekends and plan to keep busy because if I don't it is hard for me to stay focused. I am great during the week though. Here is to another successful week!

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Morning Lisa! And everyone else! First WI yesterday down 14lbs! Crazy!

Wow! Pretty incredible!
Aren't first-week WIs fun?

Happy Friday everyone! I had a WI yesterday and down another 4 lbs so that's 8 in two weeks and 4.5 inches. Very happy with that. And went out for dinner with my husband last night (first time since starting) and was able to stick to the plan. Of course I would have loved to have a glass of wine with dinner but thankfully my husband only ordered water too.....if he had of ordered a drink I may have been tempted.
Congrats on wi
In order to have continued success, it's about changing attitudes.
If nothing will tempt you, you WILL succeed and keep it off in maintainence.
It's all about deciding what is important.

Dolemite
01-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Wow! Pretty incredible!
Aren't first-week WIs fun?

Congrats on wi
In order to have continued success, it's about changing attitudes.
If nothing will tempt you, you WILL succeed and keep it off in maintainence.
It's all about deciding what is important.

Yes the only concern I had was my Blood Pressure went up and is pretty high. My coach said not to worry about that but when I spoke with my brother who has high blood pressure and is on meds, plus was a paramedic, he said that I am high enough to warrant medication. Going to try and schedule my next WI/Consultation with the ownser of the clinic, she's a RN. Was wondering if the sea salt had anything to do with it, I haven't used salt on prepared meals since I was a teenager.

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 09:49 AM

Nice job! And it will get easier to stick OP even when people around you throw temptations in your path. Every time you get through something like that and stay on plan, it's a victory! Those little wins add up, and empower you :)

Wow! That's terrific! My challenge today is going out for dinner it's my dh's birthday so we are going out with friends. I have my wf salad dressing to go at the ready. I will probably have salad ( without any contraband of course), and maybe some seafood. Good luck and happy weekend to all.:p

You've got the tools, just gotta put them to work! Remember to make sure they know not to cook anything on the grill with butter - dry grill or oil grilled. Restaurants have this nasty habit of buttering EVERYTHING!

Been a crazy couple of days, but I got through the worst of it this week and today I get to start my first quilt with my mother in law! My hubby's grandmother (her mom) was a big quilter, MIL does some amazing work too - I'm looking forward to spending time with her and learning a new skill!

MyTime50
01-25-2013, 10:11 AM
poppyleigh

Just finished my first week on IP, 11.5 pounds gone! Can't believe it

This was the last post from yesterday's Daily Thread, so most of us never saw it.
Congratulations Poppyleigh!!! Great first weigh in!:carrot::carrot:
Believe it!!! This plan works!! Stay 100% OP and come here daily for support. You can do it!!!
:cp::cp::cp::cp::dancer::dancer::dancer:

WorldTraveleronIP
01-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Happy Friday to all! Down 16 pounds in 13 days (love the dramatic IP starts).

Congratulations to all on your losses!!! I realized this week that I am not physically hungry anymore. However, at times, I am psychologically hungry and that is the worst to get over. I had my dinner last night and was satisfied, sipping tea. My husband came home from work late last night and brought home some Chinese take out...I visited with him while he ate and noticed I was getting really tempted. I kept thinking, "you are not hungry. if you were truly hungry, then you would get some lettuce and eat that."

I am glad that I am recognizing the difference between actual hunger and cravings. The first time I was on IP, I felt "punished" and sorry for myself while I watched others indulge in rich foods. It is difficult for me but I am determined to conquer my food issues this time around and get healthy for life!

greeniris
01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Fantastic WIs today! Congrats to all of you!

Dolomite - be sure you're drinking enough water every day. The packets have a fair amount of sodium, plus the extra we need to add to our food, so drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day is a must. Keeps things balanced. I was taking bp meds when I started IP, but was able to go off them completely within 2 weeks of starting IP.

Scorbett - I'm so jealous you're learning how to quilt! I've wanted to do that for a long time, but have neck issues, so can't tip my head down for long periods of time anymore. Enjoy!

Lisa - as usual, you're so full of wisdom! Have a great weekend!

bubbleblower
01-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Congrats all on the great WIs! I can tell these last pounds are going to be the toughest for me to shed. I know I'll get it done, but I fully expect that it may take me another month til I'm ready to move to Phase II.

On the plus side, I'll be diving for another two weeks next month, so maybe the increased daily activity (with an extra packet like last time) will help to spur things along.

Have a great day, everyone!

MustangMolly
01-25-2013, 10:21 AM
TMI WARNING!!!!!!! This is my second go at IP and I have experienced for the first time a significant gain with TOM, almost 5 pounds!!! That didn't happen to me my first time on IP, and even when I wasn't on any type diet I never gained that much weight because of TOM. Has anyone else experienced that?? Any thoughts?

WorldTraveleronIP
01-25-2013, 10:34 AM
I have never gone up on IP (my first time with IP, I had weeks of zero loss but never went up). It's got to be water retention. Are you drinking enough water and walking during the day? I eat lunch at my desk and walk during my "break" whenever I can. TOM water retention...not sure you can do anything about that but stay OP, drink water, walk daily and wait for next week's woosh.

I know it feels awful to work hard and not see results. Hang in there!!!

MustangMolly
01-25-2013, 10:39 AM
I have never gone up on IP (my first time with IP, I had weeks of zero loss but never went up). It's got to be water retention. Are you drinking enough water and walking during the day? I eat lunch at my desk and walk during my "break" whenever I can. TOM water retention...not sure you can do anything about that but stay OP, drink water, walk daily and wait for next week's woosh.

I know it feels awful to work hard and not see results. Hang in there!!!

I'm getting 100 ounces of water a day and I am walking up and down stairs all day at work. I guess my body is just having "a moment". thanks for the encouragement.

MyTime50
01-25-2013, 10:42 AM
TMI WARNING!!!!!!! This is my second go at IP and I have experienced for the first time a significant gain with TOM, almost 5 pounds!!! That didn't happen to me my first time on IP, and even when I wasn't on any type diet I never gained that much weight because of TOM. Has anyone else experienced that?? Any thoughts?

Molly, take a deep breath!!!!! There is no way that you gained 5 pounds of fat!!!!! TOM is wreaking havoc with your hormone levels. It's probably water retention. Stay OP and get all of your water and supplements in. If Wuv was reading this she'd tell you to stay off the scale!!!
I can't remember who said it but, the number on the scale should be used as a benchmark. We need to consider inches lost, % of fat lost and % of lean mass gained when calculating our success on this program.
Stick with it! Here's a :hug:

MustangMolly
01-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Molly, take a deep breath!!!!! There is no way that you gained 5 pounds of fat!!!!! TOM is wreaking havoc with your hormone levels. It's probably water retention. Stay OP and get all of your water and supplements in. If Wuv was reading this she'd tell you to stay off the scale!!!
I can't remember who said it but, the number on the scale should be used as a benchmark. We need to consider inches lost, % of fat lost and % of lean mass gained when calculating our success on this program.
Stick with it! Here's a :hug:

You are right about the 5 pounds, good sense should have told me it wasn't fat. As for the scale, this was my weekly weigh in. I only get on the scale once a week because I know I can't handle seeing the normal flucuations. And thanks to WUV, I try to never say "only" in reference to the amount of weight I have lost. LOL and thanks for the hug.

sahmmommy2
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM

Hey Molly, it's not uncommon for me to gain that much. I just did last week, couldn't even get my wedding ring off and my pants were feeling tight and I felt bloated. Darn Aunt Flo...anyway, I know it's gone or mostly gone now! Don't sweat it, there's no way it's fat!

djs06
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Same with me. I easily gain 5 during TOM. Sometimes more.

Dolemite
01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Fantastic WIs today! Congrats to all of you!

Dolomite - be sure you're drinking enough water every day. The packets have a fair amount of sodium, plus the extra we need to add to our food, so drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day is a must. Keeps things balanced. I was taking bp meds when I started IP, but was able to go off them completely within 2 weeks of starting IP.
!

Is it possible I am drinking too much water? I am drinking over 96oz of water every day. My coach didn't say anything and thought that was good.

Katkat
01-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Is it possible I am drinking too much water? I am drinking over 96oz of water every day. My coach didn't say anything and thought that was good.

Water retention actually occurs when your body is dehydrated. Because your body is tryin to hold on to water. You aren't drinking too much I have seen many people drink as much as 120oz or more and still lose. I drink about 100, but I haven't even had my second wi yet. My first wi I lost 7.5. Whatever you do don't stop drinking lots of water

A1Texan
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Greetings all. I started using alternatives last week before my Vegas trip. So I'm about 50/50 now. With that in mind I lost another 2 lbs this week. Very Exciting Times at my house :)

De11s
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM

poppyleigh

Just finished my first week on IP, 11.5 pounds gone! Can't believe it

This was the last post from yesterday's Daily Thread, so most of us never saw it.
Congratulations Poppyleigh!!! Great first weigh in!:carrot::carrot:
Believe it!!! This plan works!! Stay 100% OP and come here daily for support. You can do it!!!
:cp::cp::cp::cp::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Happy Friday to all! Down 16 pounds in 13 days (love the dramatic IP starts).

Congratulations to all on your losses!!! I realized this week that I am not physically hungry anymore. However, at times, I am psychologically hungry and that is the worst to get over. I had my dinner last night and was satisfied, sipping tea. My husband came home from work late last night and brought home some Chinese take out...I visited with him while he ate and noticed I was getting really tempted. I kept thinking, "you are not hungry. if you were truly hungry, then you would get some lettuce and eat that."

I am glad that I am recognizing the difference between actual hunger and cravings. The first time I was on IP, I felt "punished" and sorry for myself while I watched others indulge in rich foods. It is difficult for me but I am determined to conquer my food issues this time around and get healthy for life!

Great WI's everyone!!! Keep up the good work!:high:

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Yes the only concern I had was my Blood Pressure went up and is pretty high. My coach said not to worry about that but when I spoke with my brother who has high blood pressure and is on meds, plus was a paramedic, he said that I am high enough to warrant medication. Going to try and schedule my next WI/Consultation with the ownser of the clinic, she's a RN. Was wondering if the sea salt had anything to do with it, I haven't used salt on prepared meals since I was a teenager.
There is a fair amount of sodium in the packets as well. My BP went up a bit from what it usually is (typical is low avg). I'd DEFINITELY consult medical professional!

today I get to start my first quilt with my mother in law! My hubby's grandmother (her mom) was a big quilter, MIL does some amazing work too - I'm looking forward to spending time with her and learning a new skill!
My mom is a quilter and I have 2 of her quilts (a King-sized double wedding ring and a sampler she made for my 25th birthday...almost half a lifetime ago!). People will cherish your efforts. I'll try to find pics

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com (http://www.NashuaNutrition.com)

saw this post on another thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty

Betterthings
01-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Way to go! :carrot: I'm with you on the wine. ;) Keep up the good work.

Betterthings
01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I guess I should have said congrats on all the WIs today. Very nice work everyone. It amazes me how much weight people drop in the first two weeks. I only lost a total of 5.2 in the first two weeks. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for it. My coach told me that I would probably lose at a slower rate due to my constant changing work and sleep schedule so I'll take what I can get. Hope everyone has a wonder Friday!!

jmuroff1
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
been on a plateau for 3 weeks :-( so my coach suggested bootcamp for the week, so no restricteds...lets see how it goes....need to break the 160s!!

staceyjblack
01-25-2013, 01:36 PM
For those using alternative, Nashua posted in a thread about Protidiet products just a little while ago. See below!

Nashua Nutrition Discount Code For 3 Fat Chicks Community
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com

djs06
01-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Thanks Rainbow! It does work, and it is in addition to the lifetime discount if you have one. :)

jmuroff1
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Hey Molly, it's not uncommon for me to gain that much. I just did last week, couldn't even get my wedding ring off and my pants were feeling tight and I felt bloated. Darn Aunt Flo...anyway, I know it's gone or mostly gone now! Don't sweat it, there's no way it's fat!

I thought i was the only one that called her Aunt Flo...i hate her! she messed up my weigh-in last week!

Sammie12
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Great job on wi's today.. Thanks Rainbow for posting about the coupon.

rofl306
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM

Please check with your medical professional ASAP! I had the same issue. My blood pressure spiked during pregnancy and then again during IP. I was told by my dr to add no additional salt. And she double checks with me every time I see her.

There is a fair amount of sodium in the packets as well. My BP went up a bit from what it usually is (typical is low avg). I'd DEFINITELY consult medical professional!

I so agree that only the medical professionals should give advice on this. You may have something else going on.

Also lisa32989 your new pic looks great!

Take care everyone!

jeffiner
01-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I can feel it today..i just feel smaller..hard to believe at 252 lbs ..but it feels great!

Bella73123
01-25-2013, 02:46 PM

Damn! I just got my order...$400...this would have been good to have :(

Bella73123
01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Lisa, your new pic is beautiful!

jmuroff1
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
I can feel it today..i just feel smaller..hard to believe at 252 lbs ..but it feels great!

I love that feeling! Had a zero loss this week but I feel so thin today :D Im bursting with confidence lol :carrot::carrot:

NinjaNurse
01-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Great WI's everyone!!! It does get easier, I never thought it would, but it does. AND smaller numbers on the scale and in clothing is definitely a high!!

Met KileyMed for coffee this morning at Panera. Amazing how I looked at all the beautiful delights there and couldn't think of one thing I wanted/needed to have. We were there chatting over an hour and neither of us even thought of getting something we shouldn't.

kileymed13
01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Great WI's everyone!!! It does get easier, I never thought it would, but it does. AND smaller numbers on the scale and in clothing is definitely a high!!

Met KileyMed for coffee this morning at Panera. Amazing how I looked at all the beautiful delights there and couldn't think of one thing I wanted/needed to have. We were there chatting over an hour and neither of us even thought of getting something we shouldn't.

I agree!! It was so nice to sit down with my decaf coffee and spend time talking. What a new world and I am loving it!!

benice
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Damn! I just got my order...$400...this would have been good to have :(

Try calling and see if they will apply it. If JCrew and Nordstrom will do it, why not ask these guys :)

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 06:01 PM
I love that feeling! Had a zero loss this week but I feel so thin today :D Im bursting with confidence lol :carrot::carrot:

Love that feeling! And it just keeps getting better :)

I agree!! It was so nice to sit down with my decaf coffee and spend time talking. What a new world and I am loving it!!

I am insanely jealous :) I would have much rather been out with you guys than working all day!!!

my31rewards
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Question about restricted foods. The way I read the info, I'm understanding that you can only have 1 restricted food per day. My coach said I can have more than 1 but not 2 of the same thing. So she's saying I can have a bar and a cookie, but not 2 bars in the same day. Can someone let me know which is correct?

Kay2012
01-25-2013, 06:16 PM
lisa32989Your new profile pic is beautiful.

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Question about restricted foods. The way I read the info, I'm understanding that you can only have 1 restricted food per day. My coach said I can have more than 1 but not 2 of the same thing. So she's saying I can have a bar and a cookie, but not 2 bars in the same day. Can someone let me know which is correct?
Oh my...did your coach give you a Phase 1 sheet? It is right there on the bottom under Restricted Foods. One per day combined total.

I'd show her and ask her where she got her info.

Another coach making me :rolleyes:

lisa32989Your new profile pic is beautiful.
Thanks so much. I was feeling good after my haircut/style and figured it was time for an update.

My next avatar pic is gonna be me rolling my eyes at crazy coaches!

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
My next avatar pic is gonna be me rolling my eyes at crazy coaches!

YOU would make an excellent coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
YOU would make an excellent coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope. Impatience would win & my mouth would get me in trouble :tape:
Now, Scorbett on the other hand :queen:

I HAVE offered to help my coach with some get-togethers so some of us local IPers can meet, however.

Suchawittygal
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
I thought i was the only one that called her Aunt Flo...i hate her! she messed up my weigh-in last week!

I call her Aunt Flo also. LOL...
Congrats on all the wonderful WI's today. I'm a bit discouraged. I'm still at 159.8 :( No loss and no gain for me this week. Really want to have a glass of wine tonight since it really doesn't seem to matter if I stay OP or not, I'm still not losing. grrrrr...

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 06:33 PM

Your coach needs to read the sheet more carefully. You are reading it correctly.

Nope. Impatience would win & my mouth would get me in trouble :tape:
Now, Scorbett on the other hand :queen:

I HAVE offered to help my coach with some get-togethers so some of us local IPers can meet, however.

ROFLMAO :) Lisa we would rock the IP world if we coached, I'll be good cop, you be bad cop :) And you do look AMAZING!

I call her Aunt Flo also. LOL...
Congrats on all the wonderful WI's today. I'm a bit discouraged. I'm still at 159.8 :( No loss and no gain for me this week. Really want to have a glass of wine tonight since it really doesn't seem to matter if I stay OP or not, I'm still not losing. grrrrr...

How long has it been? Are you also measuring to see if the inches are coming off? Don't give up yet :)

IP43
01-25-2013, 07:23 PM
ROFLMAO :) Lisa we would rock the IP world if we coached, I'll be good cop, you be bad cop :) And you do look AMAZING!

Hey I wanna be on your team too! Instead of the "Mod Squad" we'd be the BOD SQUAD!!

.... It might turn into a bit more of a "Three Stooges" thing, but our HEARTS would be in it 100% :p

IP43
01-25-2013, 07:26 PM
:TOMG - I'm eating roasted cauliflower with Garam Masala spice. I can't believe I lived 44 ...er I mean "29" years without this spice in my life. Soooo goooood!:T

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
You for the folks who need gentle tender loving care & me for those who need the tough wuv approach ;)
I've never told anyone to pull up big girl panties but I could certainly come up with my own lines!

I'd need a different product line that I really stood behind, tho. So, no gluten, no soy and other ingredient options such as casein, for better blood sugar stabilization. I haven't seen my friend who I could pitch this idea to but HE would know where to get investors & HE would know everything about manufacturing facilities. He IS looking for a new biz opportunity. I'm just waiting for the right time to chat. If we do it, Scorbett, you'll be a go-to on the ground-floor of development for coach training guidelines! I have a name already under consideration :sssh:

IP43
01-25-2013, 07:47 PM
Ooooh... now you've intrigued me, you lady of mystery. What to call the new products? "No Soy JOY?"... "Casein Crunchies?"...
How 'bout an ad with the guy from the infomercials saying "Gluten goes to your Gluts! Try Lisa's "Hot Mamma" Munchies so you can look hot like this!" (show pic of your new avatar!):D

.... ok... my advertising career does not look promising.

IP43
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm reading my Woman's World all about an "Atkins breakthrough" -- "The amazing make-ahead secret that supercharges weight loss.

Here's a few things:
-- "Why Atkins (or IP) works: Cut carbs enough and your body barely produces any blood sugar, its go-to fuel. This kills hunger and forces more stored fat to be burned. In one ....study.. low-carb dieters lost nearly 100% more body fat than low-fat dieters" -- IP has low-fat too, but that's just so our arteries are healthier in the long run! :)

-- The big "secret" in the article... (Wait for it...building suspense...).... was that the lady made a bigger batch of food then froze it into smaller meals so she was never stuck for a meal. (DUH! THAT piece of advice cost me $2.29?? I hope the rest of the article is better LOL)

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm reading my Woman's World all about an "Atkins breakthrough" -- "The amazing make-ahead secret that supercharges weight loss.

Here's a few things:
-- "Why Atkins (or IP) works: Cut carbs enough and your body barely produces any blood sugar, its go-to fuel. This kills hunger and forces more stored fat to be burned. In one ....study.. low-carb dieters lost nearly 100% more body fat than low-fat dieters" -- IP has low-fat too, but that's just so our arteries are healthier in the long run! :)

-- The big "secret" in the article... (Wait for it...building suspense...).... was that the lady made a bigger batch of food then froze it into smaller meals so she was never stuck for a meal. (DUH! THAT piece of advice cost me $2.29?? I hope the rest of the article is better LOL)
Please tell me you didn't buy that magazine for that article :p
I hope there is SOME other redeeming factor...
You can find LOTS More info on the internet!
There are some GREAT low carb bloggers who have led me to learning TONS about natural health in other places.

SanB608
01-25-2013, 08:07 PM
For those using alternative, Nashua posted in a thread about Protidiet products just a little while ago. See below!

Nashua Nutrition Discount Code For 3 Fat Chicks Community

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com

Figures- I just placed an order 2 days ago.

LosingLawyer
01-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Stacey/Rainbow - Thanks for the Nashua code! I just placed an order (so I wouldn't forget before the code expires). I should be set for a while.

Lisa - fantastic new pic!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

IP43
01-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Please tell me you didn't buy that magazine for that article :p
I hope there is SOME other redeeming factor...
You can find LOTS More info on the internet!
There are some GREAT low carb bloggers who have led me to learning TONS about natural health in other places.

Yes, I DID ... but I also wanted to learn some fast free fixes for HAT HAIR. I'm tellin' ya -- winter is hard on a gal!

FYI though, I DID learn that it's not a bad thing to have melatonin even if you have no sleep disorder, as it is good for reducing breast cancer by 30%, depression, strokes, migraines and boosts your immunity.

I also read that when they told hotel maids how much exercise they were getting by walking around work, making beds, doing laundry etc. most lost weight. The theory is that by becoming conscious of how much exercise they actually were getting, they started adding more exercise throughout their day. SO, embrace doing laundry IPEEPS -- it IS a bit o' exercise :D

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes, I DID ... but I also wanted to learn some fast free fixes for HAT HAIR. I'm tellin' ya -- winter is hard on a gal!

FYI though, I DID learn that it's not a bad thing to have melatonin even if you have no sleep disorder, as it is good for reducing breast cancer by 30%, depression, strokes, migraines and boosts your immunity.

I also read that when they told hotel maids how much exercise they were getting by walking around work, making beds, doing laundry etc. most lost weight. The theory is that by becoming conscious of how much exercise they actually were getting, they started adding more exercise throughout their day. SO, embrace doing laundry IPEEPS -- it IS a bit o' exercise :D

It's amazing how powerful the mind is :) I had a similar (but somewhat reversed) experience. I started wearing a pedometer because I was curious how much walking I was actually doing. Well let's just say the feedback I got wasn't exactly positive - I was one lazy lady! Seeing the numbers in black and white showed me how little I was moving around, and got me up off the couch!

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 08:52 PM
My can-can man needs to kick my butt back on track!:D

:dancer: :stress: :dancer: :stress: :dancer: :stress: :dancer: :tantrum: :dancer: :stars: :dunno: :rofl:

u did ask for it!!:p

IP43
01-25-2013, 08:56 PM
owie. That hurt my patootie.

BUT thanks for the "tough luv".... A good scolding would probably suffice next time ;)

FYI: I AM losing daily -- sometimes 0.2 but if I times that by 5, I get me a pound o' butter off my butt so I'll take it!

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
owie. That hurt my patootie.

BUT thanks for the "tough luv".... A good scolding would probably suffice next time ;)

FYI: I AM losing daily -- sometimes 0.2 but if I times that by 5, I get me a pound o' butter off my butt so I'll take it!

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

u mean like this?? :D

onmyway1014
01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Lisa your new picture is amazing. I saw it on another thread and thought it was a new person. I was thinking "wow her name is really similar to the other Lisa." Then I clicked on the profile and it was you.

You look fantastic!!!!!

IP43
01-25-2013, 09:07 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

u mean like this?? :D

much kinder.... don't forget the :hug: tho' too :)

My boys are going on a Ski trip next month. Every time I see your pic Rainbow, I want to go with them. How come we gotta work for a living?? Sheesh! It sure cuts into my day.

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 09:13 PM
much kinder.... don't forget the :hug: tho' too :)

My boys are going on a Ski trip next month. Every time I see your pic Rainbow, I want to go with them. How come we gotta work for a living?? Sheesh! It sure cuts into my day.

now you're stretching it....who do u think i am? scorbett hahaha :rofl:
i'm a tigress remember!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

u wouldn't LET me be a gazelle who hugs!! bwahahahahahaha :devil:

IP43
01-25-2013, 09:21 PM
now you're stretching it....who do u think i am? scorbett hahaha :rofl:
i'm a tigress remember!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

u wouldn't LET me be a gazelle who hugs!! bwahahahahahaha :devil:

Fair enough.

Glad to see your smilin' face -- even if it's just to heckle me ;)

Now enough chatter (and growling)... don't you have some cookin' to do?? BTW, I tried your trick of using the Oatmeal to make a "crumb crust" -- let's say it didn't look as good as your pics. I'm willin' to try again, but maybe this time I'll go look up your recipe, instead of just imagining how you made it! LOL

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Lisa your new picture is amazing. I saw it on another thread and thought it was a new person. I was thinking "wow her name is really similar to the other Lisa." Then I clicked on the profile and it was you.

You look fantastic!!!!!

Lisa - fantastic new pic!

Lisa, your new pic is beautiful!

Also lisa32989 your new pic looks great!
You are all so awesome! Thanks so much for making me feel so great. Just a week ago I was having such a weepy weekend and feeling so sorry for myself. What a difference a week makes!

IP43
01-25-2013, 10:34 PM
You are all so awesome! Thanks so much for making me feel so great. Just a week ago I was having such a weepy weekend and feeling so sorry for myself. What a difference a week makes!

Goes to show the power of a good haircut, or taking a few minutes to "pamper" ourselves too.

Spoil yourself more often. You deserve it!

(Maybe if Pattie hits the big slots at Vegas, we'll all go for new "do"s and a mani and pedi :D)

M35A2
01-26-2013, 12:01 AM
1st day on IP. Everything went great! I can't wait for my first WI as I know it will be a big motivator. My coach called tonight to see how things went and when I replayed excellent she was quick to remind me that Day 3 and Day 4 will likely be the toughest. Nice to reinforce that the worst is yet to come :)

Also Happy Birthday to me! What better day to start on the new me?

IP43
01-26-2013, 12:12 AM
:bday2you: I hope your "birthday fairy" takes away any week one blechs you feel! For my b-day, my boys baked me up the "chocolate crepes" into a cake and iced it with vanilla pre-made pudding. We drizzled WF choc sauce on the top. I felt very "decadent" and it was a pretty good -- albeit dense-- little cake! :)

Have a good one and welcome to our IP family!:hug:

newlady
01-26-2013, 03:24 AM
Had to say Lisa wow you look amazing. Love the new picture. Trying to get back o. Plan 100 percent. Hubby was sick now I'm dealing with it. I have several people at work on program and they are doing well so I need a good kick in the butt. I can do this.