100 lb. Club - Mini reward ideas

View Full Version : Mini reward ideas

snicker311
01-24-2013, 08:10 PM
I would love to reward myself occasionally for weight loss.
Every 10lbs lost? Every 10% body weight loss?
Reward ideas that aren't super expensive?
I need semi-continuous rewarding for motivation purposes.

Babybat
01-24-2013, 08:27 PM
reward yourself by doing something you like to do but don't usually do...like go to the movies or something.

TheLauren
01-24-2013, 08:31 PM
I've been trying to reward myself with things that pertain to weight loss. I bought new running sneakers at 10lbs lost. Then workout pants at 20 lbs. When I hit 30lbs in a few days I want to buy a kettle bell.

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Cheap stackable bracelets. Or even silly bandz, if they need to be super cheap.

However, I have a Brighton bracelet that I add a bead to every time I move into a new "decade." I also wear a rubber bracelet that my center gave to me. It's white and says, "MRC-10" for losing my first 10 pounds.

You can also get a vase and put dollar-store stones into the vase for each pound lost. http://mysistersjar.wordpress.com/tag/2-lbs-per-week/

Or perhaps you could get one of those "color in your own poster"- divide it up by how many 10 pounds you need to lose- and color a square. By the time you hit goal weight, you will have a beautiful painting/poster to remember your journey by.
http://www.amazon.com/Dimensions-Needlecrafts-Paintworks-Number-Chickadees/dp/B0014YGQI6/

snicker311
01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
These are all great ideas! Thanks everyone.

Daimere
01-25-2013, 01:23 AM
I decided that I would reward myself with a few bellydance/Pure Barre classes when I hit my 10% goal. I can't afford to go weekly but whenever I hit my 5% or 10% goals, I'll celebrate with that. I'm also going to get new workout clothes, I might do one of those reward charms bracelet. I'm definitely going to burn these ugly as sin shorts I've hadd since 300 pounds. I'm also going to some flow/movement festivals this year. Even though that is not a reward, it would be rewarding to go there smaller! I hope that some of these people I see every year will be able to see my weight loss.

Kat117
01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
I have a goals and rewards list for myself and I get a reward every 10 pounds lost (but that is only after it stays off for a week).

I sat down and thought about things that are really important to me. The costlier rewards were for the bigger milestones like the 1/4 point, 1/2 way mark, 100lbs etc.

examples -
take 1/2 off of work to do what ever I want
get a spa pedicure
buy a new lipstick
get a facial
get my teeth whitened
get a massage
buy a new book
buy an exercise DVD that I have been curious about
try on my high heels and wear them again
spend an afternoon at the beach
new designer briefcase
session with financial planner
ipad mini (my 75 pound reward... only 2 pounds away!!!)
a trip to see my best friend that I haven't seen in 8 years.
I also put $10 per pound I lose into a savings account to use for new clothes when I hit goal. I pay myself to lose weight. It is really cool when you see that account grow. You get greedy! LOL You can also use that as money toward your rewards.

Think about what is meaningful to you. jot them down, and then figure out where on the weight scale they are important to you.

Trazey34
01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
I never rewarded myself along the way, I'm a "oh that's a nice XYZ I'll get it' ha ha impulse control was never my strong suit (hmm wonder how I got to 323 lbs hahhaa) I never went beyond my means, ever, but I certainly indulged myself

That being said, the most precious thing in the world to me is a small silver necklace, the pendant is plain, an etched tree with branches outstretched, and CLX engraved on it....

CLX is 160 in roman numerals...my husband had it made for me when I hit my goal

**SOBBBBBBBB*** even thinking about it LOL

the shiv
01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
lunarsongbird, Thankyou! That is brilliant :D I wear some cheapy rubber bracelets I got from a local goth shop, I think I'll buy some more, 1 for every 10lbs I get rid of. I hope to end up wearing 10! And I've lost 8lbs so far, so I'll take a walk into town on Sunday/monday and pick some up. I think they're 3 or 5 for 1.

That way I'll have a constant reminder of what I've achieved so far :)

Underwater
01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Next mini goal for me is a new pair of glasses. I've been wearing this pair for at least 2 years now. Time for a new look :)

Sandi
01-26-2013, 01:24 AM
I recently did the jars with the glass stones. I was surprised how much it put exactly where I am into perspective since I have gained some back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/kahuna23/P1250060_zps72d9cb7c.jpg

snicker311
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I never rewarded myself along the way, I'm a "oh that's a nice XYZ I'll get it' ha ha impulse control was never my strong suit (hmm wonder how I got to 323 lbs hahhaa) I never went beyond my means, ever, but I certainly indulged myself

I am the same way, normally. :)

snicker311
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
I recently did the jars with the glass stones. I was surprised how much it put exactly where I am into perspective since I have gained some back.

Love this idea! The visual reminder would be inspirational and keep me in check.

snicker311
01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
I am really loving all these ideas. Thanks everyone!!!

Daimere
01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
And I just did the stones in the glass jars thing. From the dollar tree it cost me $5. The little stones bags hold about 60ish stones each. So definitively a nice cheap thing to try out!

April Snow
01-26-2013, 01:22 PM

That being said, the most precious thing in the world to me is a small silver necklace, the pendant is plain, an etched tree with branches outstretched, and CLX engraved on it....

CLX is 160 in roman numerals...my husband had it made for me when I hit my goal

**SOBBBBBBBB*** even thinking about it LOL

That is awesome! And made me decide to buy myself a piece of jewelry when I reach goal (once I figure out what that is!)

snicker311
01-29-2013, 07:03 PM
I bought some of those glass stones yesterday. They look super pretty in the glass jar. Now.... how often should I transfer? Every time I weigh? Once a week?

lunarsongbird
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
I do it at official weigh-ins, so usually once a week.

mccull83
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
I decided when I've lost 30 pounds (so about 230lb) I'll treat myself to a new scale (our's was something I got free at work and only goes in 0.5 increments). When I have lost 60 pounds (so about 200lb) I'm gonna buy a large white watch (I've always wanted one. I just have a cheap small black one that's waterproof for work) that way it will remind me of how far I've come and hopefully help me keep going. I'm hoping to get the watch in the summer cause it will look so good against tan skin and fun clothes! :cloud9::dust:

200poundquest
01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Love the stones in glass jars idea. Coming up with rewards was surprisingly hard for me. If I want something or like to do something, I do it or get it, so it was hard to think of things that would actually be a reward, rather than just putting off getting something I'd get anyway.

I make myself little magnets at Zazzle to mark various goals and accomplishments and put them on the refrigerator door to serve as a visual reminder of what i've accomplished. I think i'm going to do the jars thing too though, if I can find glass stones. Don't remember seeing them at our dollar store, but I wasn't looking either.

Daimere
01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
I bought some of those glass stones yesterday. They look super pretty in the glass jar. Now.... how often should I transfer? Every time I weigh? Once a week?

I weight daily and only count my Tuesday evening weigh ins.

cathi888
02-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Show me the money! I have a glass jar for weight loss also, but for each pound I lose, I get $5. I only put in for the official weekly weigh-in.

It adds up to a lot, but I have never had to come up with more than $20 a week, so can still be easy to do, financially.

Use this money for larger goals, or if you are going for 100 lbs, that is $500 to take shopping when you are at goal.