Exercise! - Your favorite shoe?

View Full Version : Your favorite shoe?

Meghan757
01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to the exercise world (& Weight Watchers) and am shoe shopping for the best shoe! :dizzy: I have my eyes on these Skechers D'lites right now. I do have high arches and my feet are a little wide..I just want some input on what you workout in! Also, do you have favorite clothes? Shorts? Leggings? I'm so clueless! Thanks for any input! :) :carrot:

Mozzy
01-24-2013, 09:10 PM
I love my vibram five fingers, but I'm not sure if everyone feels the same :-)

TheLauren
01-24-2013, 10:30 PM
You really need to go in and try them on. Different styles, even in the same brand and size, can fit completely differently.

I have been wearing Nike's Dual Fusion ST Running sneaker and I really like them

Riddy
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
What kind of shoes you get depend on what you want to do in them, and what kind of feet you have. I have wide, flat feet, plantar fasciitis, 2 differently bad knees, and I run. :dizzy: My perfect sneaker is a Brooks Adrenaline GTS. That sneaker is probably terrible for your high arches, and wouldn't have the correct support for tennis or aerobics or basketball.

If you want to run, I highly suggest getting fitted at a running store. I don't know if other sports stores do sneaker fittings for other sports - maybe someone with more experience will chime in. ;)

Good luck - sneakers are important!

Airycuh
01-24-2013, 10:51 PM
I have been wearing Nike's Dual Fusion ST Running sneaker and I really like them

I have the exact same kind. I love how much they breathe Andy how stylish they are. I have them in a bright yellow and teal color.

Nothing better than functional and cute!

Goddess Jessica
01-25-2013, 12:52 PM
I have a high arch and need a neutral shoe. I have two pairs (I run half my time at work and half at home).

I have the Brooks Glycerin 10 at home. I like this shoe. The toebox is wide which I need. It's a lot "heavier" than what I normally wear (I have tended towards a minimalist shoe) but not so much that I don't enjoy them.
http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brooks-Glycerin-10-Womens-Running-Shoe/120112,default,pd.html

I also have the Asics Gel-Nimbus-14. I really like this shoe. Probably more than the Brooks but I also have inserts in this shoe so that might be why. This one got rave reviews in Runner's World. It's lighter and not as bulky as my Brook's.
http://www.asicsamerica.com/footwear/running-shoes/gel-nimbus-14-t291n-womens/

TripSwitch
01-25-2013, 02:01 PM
+1 on the Gel-Nimbus... I have few pairs that I'm currently rotating through... I really like the cushioning... very nice ride so far... I'll probably run my next marathon in them...

Jentry07
01-25-2013, 05:25 PM
It depends on what type of workout you are going to be partaking in most. For example if you are looking for just a running shoe it would be different as if you were looking for a trail or cross-training shoe.
Here's an article that goes over different shoe types for specific workouts:
Finding Shoes Fit For Your Workout (http://www.nordictrackcoupon.com/articles/finding-shoes-fit-for-your-workout/)

But I agree with TheLauren. You should try them on, no matter what shoe you decide, to get a good feel for how it forms to your foot specifically. Hope this helps, and good luck on your weight loss adventure!!!

Misti in Seattle
01-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Haband! They sell wonderful shoes -- you can check their website. I love their Dr. Scholl's for around $30 a pair... I buy the wide.

Tons of styles and colors to choose from.