100 lb. Club - I'm a nerd- and this is why.

View Full Version : I'm a nerd- and this is why.

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Well, now that I have my signature- I have added some mini-goals. Thank you, Belinda for the inspiration! I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your formatting! I thought it was perfect!

Thinking about my mini-goals- I got sad thinking I wouldn't get a keychain for my 10% weight loss. That was SOOO motivating to me when I was in Weight Watchers. I was just dying for that keychain (Never got any charms).

So what did I do? I bought a set online! LOL! I'm a nerd.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag6/lunarsongbird/phpc2YaIBAM_zps18aff713.jpg

Have you ever done anything "nerdy" during your weight loss journey?

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
P.S. I'm so excited for the keychain! It is coming with the following:
10% Keychain
16 weeks charm
25 lb charm
50 lb charm
75 lb charm
100 lb charm
Silver Star Charm
5K Charm
Lifetime key charm

thnknthin1
01-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Love it! Which site did you get it? I was wanting to buy a butterfly charm for my Pandora bracelet. Sort of like being set free from this "fat prison".

sontaikle
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Hey that's awesome! Congrats on the accomplishment! :)

I think the nerdiest things I did were cosplay again: I dressed as Carmen Sandiego, Kyle as the Human Kite from South Park, and Sailor Jupiter.

Mozzy
01-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Awesome!

berryblondeboys
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Well, when I get to 100 pounds lost (Again) I want to have stitched/ironed on to my fitness clothes a little thing that says 100 club or 100 gone forever or something along those lines - small - like on the shoulder, but I want it to be there to remind me and get others curious!

amandie
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
I love all of your ideas especially yours, Melissa! I definitely want to do that on a sweater or a t-shirt. That may be the push I need to keep going. Thank you.

elvislover324
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
You are so not a nerd, lunarsongbird! Don't even say that! I find it very comforting to have reminders of our accomplishments whether public or private.

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
I bought the set on ebay. :)

Oh- And I'm totally a nerd. HAHA. I love geocaching. I know who Sailor Jupiter is and I had a level 81 character in World of Warcraft. Hehe.

elvislover324
01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh- And I'm totally a nerd. HAHA. I love geocaching. I know who Sailor Jupiter is and I had a level 81 character in World of Warcraft. Hehe.

Ok....maybe you ARE a nerd. But we love you anyways! :hug:

amandie
01-24-2013, 05:34 PM
I bought the set on ebay. :)

I reached lvl 90 on my WOW toon so you are most definitely NOT a nerd. ;) even if you are, so what? Hehe. I wanna try geocaching sometime but I can't find anyone who wants to do it with me, lol.

Vex
01-24-2013, 05:50 PM
I reached lvl 90 on my WOW toon so you are most definitely NOT a nerd

Honey, I have lvl 90 on 3 of them at this point and the rest slots are filled with 80's and 1 70. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Did I forget to mention that I use the word nerd as a term of endearment. ;)

SarahFairhope
01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Its an awesome idea! I LOVE GAMIFACTION! :D

I see your "MMO nerd" and raise you a "D&D/LARP nerd." Yep, Ive DM'd many a uber geeky campaign surrounded by cheesy poofs and diet mountain dew. Umm.. cheesy poofs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I

Angihas2
01-24-2013, 07:57 PM
ok, whats geochaching? I've got a drooling baby sleeping on my chest so googling wildly to find out is kinda out, I'm on a tiny netbook, so it's usually impossible to find informative site's I can read about unknown things.

luckymommy
01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I love nerds...I have a son who's a nerd in a brainy/gamer/science/physics kind of way. I'm not letting him do World of Warcraft because he'd be too addicted but he's doing Minecraft and Guild Wars (Sp?) right now which is addicting enough. ;)

I'm not sure if I've done anything nerdy but a lot of my friends find it strange that I count calories and try to avoid medications, etc.

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 08:26 PM
"Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity, first played in May 2000,[2] in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", anywhere in the world.

A typical cache is a small waterproof container containing a logbook where the geocacher enters the date they found it and signs it with their established code name. Larger containers such as plastic storage containers (Tupperware or similar) or ammunition boxes can also contain items for trading, usually toys or trinkets of little value. Geocaching shares many aspects with benchmarking, trigpointing, orienteering, treasure-hunting, letterboxing, and waymarking."

It's real life treasure hunting for nerds. AH-MAZING. And great exercise if you walk to them. Anyone can do it now with smart phones!

lucky, I love nerds too! I married one. He plays starwars every night and while his computer is idle- it switches to a program run by Cal State that searches for alien signals. Seriously?

But by day- he's a loving husband, owns a beautiful home and is a sommelier at a fancy fine dining club- and he's only 28. So lucky, I have no doubt that your son will be just as awesome! And balance gaming with life. LOL.

the shiv
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh yes :D

As I'm a bit Final Fantasy daft, I have decided that when I get to 175 I am in ***VICTORY MODE*** and at 150 I am in ***SUPER VICTORY MODE***

And I'm dressing up as Lightning for Haloween. Maybe next year. If I haven't lost enough by this Oct I'm dressing as Fang. Longer skirt, heh ;)

I've even been thinking of weight loss in gaming terms... like, when you start, you earn XP (ex-pounds) more easily (in my experience anyway) but as you level up it gets more challenging and you need to push yourself harder. And as with gaming, so in life: the fight is all in the mind.

And the day I get to go out dressed as Lilith from Borderlands, will be a good day indeed :)

SarahFairhope
01-25-2013, 04:29 PM
I've even been thinking of weight loss in gaming terms... like, when you start, you earn XP (ex-pounds) more easily (in my experience anyway) but as you level up it gets more challenging and you need to push yourself harder. And as with gaming, so in life: the fight is all in the mind.

BRILLIANT!

SmallSteps
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Well, now that I have my signature- I have added some mini-goals. Thank you, Belinda for the inspiration! I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your formatting! I thought it was perfect!

I don't mind at all and congrats on getting your ticker and your key chain. I am still planning on getting that Pandora Charm Bracelet and adding a charm for every 10 pounds gone!

Vex
01-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm not letting him do World of Warcraf

Having played world of warcraft, I would never let my son play until he was out of high school. He doesn't need to be exposed to the trolls and outright nastiness of the players. It wasn't always that way but has changed in recent years.

Guild wars is nothing like that.......yet.