Breakfast and Brunch - Sick to death of Oatmeal and Eggs!!

RNJen30
01-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Every morning for 2 weeks I've had 1/4C of regular oatmeal with 2tbsp of SF syrup (2 points) and 2 fried eggs (4 points)... I am so sick of it!! I don't keep a ton of veggies in the house, only because with only 2 of us in the house, and me being the only one that really will eat them, they go bad before I get a chance to eat them!! I need ideas of something to make with regular staples in the house (eggs, milk, cheese, and maybe a zucchini or something)... SO BORED WITH BREAKFAST!!!!:dizzy:

marigrace
01-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Here is one of my favorite breakfast ideas: Spray a pan with cooking spray and place thinly sliced zucchini all over. Cook for a few minutes and drizzle 1 tsp oil all over. Turn the slices to cook other side. Meanwhile, beat 1 whole egg plus one egg white, turn burner to low pour over and cook (covered) for a few minutes (till the egg sets). Flip and cook the other side. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp parmesan. Total 4 points. Add 2 pieces of lite toast w/ 1/2 tsp of butter on each and that makes a 7 points breakfast.You can substitute other vegies for variety. I like spinach, mushrooms, peppers or asparagus.