Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 01/24/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 01/24/2013

rissimo
01-24-2013, 06:18 AM
:welcome2:

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

jeffiner
01-24-2013, 07:17 AM
WI last night...down 7.5!!!!!!

kileymed13
01-24-2013, 07:29 AM

:bravo:

WorldTraveleronIP
01-24-2013, 07:39 AM

That's so great; congratulations!!! Looking forward to my weigh in on Sunday :)

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Totally unofficial but the wii fit had me UNDER 200 this morning!

I'm not changing anything til the official WI (Mon) says its true but it was sure nice to see a change!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-24-2013, 07:51 AM

I'm not changing anything til the official WI (Mon) says its true but it was sure nice to see a change!

YAY!!! FANTASTIC!!! I'm so happy for you and hope the number is the same at the official weigh-in! :congrat:

Kay2012
01-24-2013, 07:59 AM
I haven't posted for awhile, but I've kept up with reading the posts and coming here to get my daily encouragement. WI today with a loss of 1.4 lbs. I'm over the halfway point and into the 160's. Feels good!

LizRR
01-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Wow! Great WIs so far! Just back from my 6.5-mile run and barely digested yesterday's Daily! It's been crazy around here, both my husband AND my dad got food poisoning this week, and morning sickness is coming in full swing right now by 3pm, trying to keep the pregnancy under wraps at work still. This is also the beginning of crazy schedule with my sons morning speech therapy. Well, have a great day IPeeps, I will try to catch up tonight...

leadedge
01-24-2013, 08:26 AM
I just started IP on Monday and I love it! The shakes are much better than I had expected. I haven't really had any major cravings although I did some late night shopping and I my eyes did wander as I drove my cart by the baking section:dizzy:

Looking forward to WI #1 on Monday morning! On my "at home scale" I have lost almost 6lbs!!

We are going on a cruise in mid-march and I was hoping to be down by 20lbs for that, which seems pretty realistic now. The cruise will be a challenge though, I think I will definitely ease back on the dieting for that but try and keep things under control. My IP coach and I are going to devise a plan of attack for that!

Katkat
01-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Great starts for a Thursday morining! All of you are amazing!

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 08:47 AM
congrats jeffiner! That's a big shot of motivation to keep you 100% OP.

lisa....hope you scheduled your Onderland reward!

I added my before pic and current pics to my profile. I hate seeing my before pic, so not quite ready to put them in my siggy to see everytime I post. The before pic was taken just days before starting IP in July 2012.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-24-2013, 08:49 AM

I added my before pic and current pics to my profile. I hate seeing my before pic, so not quite ready to put them in my siggy to see everytime I post. The before pic was taken just days before starting IP in July 2012.

You look GREAT!!!

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 08:54 AM
I might do the massage part on Sunday. Last time I got a massage, I got a whoosh! ANYTHING to get that scale moving! And then if it works, Mani/pedi are easy to get in (and I want them fresh for our long weekend in Ft Lauderdale Feb 2-5)

candowilldo
01-24-2013, 08:57 AM
@ragdoll. I hate looking at pics of myself too. Thank you for posting yours, It is very motivating for the rest of us to see results like yours. I love looking at before and afters.

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 09:04 AM
I just started IP on Monday and I love it! The shakes are much better than I had expected. I haven't really had any major cravings although I did some late night shopping and I my eyes did wander as I drove my cart by the baking section:dizzy:

Looking forward to WI #1 on Monday morning! On my "at home scale" I have lost almost 6lbs!!

We are going on a cruise in mid-march and I was hoping to be down by 20lbs for that, which seems pretty realistic now. The cruise will be a challenge though, I think I will definitely ease back on the dieting for that but try and keep things under control. My IP coach and I are going to devise a plan of attack for that!
Congrats on the weight loss. Stay off the scale to be surprised on Monday!

Word of caution (I'm gonna be SUPER blunt here):
Look back at old threads (you don't have to go back far. December should work). See who decided to tweak the diet or phase off or quit for the holidays (or other special event)

How many of them are still here?

Now, look at the people who decided to stick with it NO MATTER WHAT. Look at their consistent weight losses.

The amount of weight you have to lose is going to take a HUGE commitment. I DO NOT recommend already looking for excuses to go off the plan. I know MANY others on this board will join me in this caution.

Instead, I recommend diligently searching for ways to stick with it NO MATTER WHAT.
Many of us have had BIG life activities (celebrations, vacations, etc) and have stay ON PLAN throughout. This is how we have succeeded. Our health/wellness/goals had to come first.

Those who go off plan ALWAYS gain weight. Some (the lucky ones) are able to make it back to the plan. And some of those struggle to get to 100% on plan. MANY MORE do not make it back. They just disappear. Do you like those odds? I don't.

Losing weight and making life altering changes is hard enough. Stick with it. You'll never regret it.

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Thank you idealproteinewbie & candowilldo.

lisa....I'm going to drive down to St Louis and stow away in the trunk of your car when you do your roadtrip to Florida. Don't worry, I'll bring my own packets. :)

So I just checked my BMI because I was inspired by scorbett's post. I'm still in the overweight category, but barely. I'm at 25.5 and normal is under 25....hoping I will be normal in the next couple of weeks. :crossed:

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 09:12 AM
lisa....I'm going to drive down to St Louis and stow away in the trunk of your car when you do your roadtrip to Florida. Don't worry, I'll bring my own packets. :)
No roadtrip, dearie, we're flying! Too short of a trip for all that!

I'll be watching for that BMI change. And pining for the day when my is "just" overweight :)

De11s
01-24-2013, 09:22 AM

Terrific!! Keep up the good work!

De11s
01-24-2013, 09:24 AM

Awesome! Fingers crossed WI will be even better!:goodvibes

LizJazz
01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
I am starting my second week. The first week my coach told me to eat 4 packets (one restricted). I switched coaches this week bc the other coach was not very helpful/inconvenient appt times. Yesterday was my first day eating only 3 packets. I found myself with a headache/cranky and feeling kind of light headed right before dinner. Breakfast at 7, lunch at 11, snack at 3, dinner at 6. What should I do if this happens? I asked her if I should have an extra packet and she said no, water and lettuce.

mrskuby
01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Good morning all!! it's been a crazy morning! This frigid weather always makes our phones ring off the hook! :stress:

Down 1.2 lbs at WI this morning. I know it's a loss but my old negative recording is looping thru my head..."see? this is the weight that you always stall at." :devil:

I lose weight to this point and then never get any farther. Consciously I know all I have to do is stay with the program and I will get past this but that thought process doesn't stop! :tantrum:

I can't wait to see 165 on the scale! Then I will be over this hump and past that particular endless loop of negativity! :yes:

usmcvet
01-24-2013, 10:47 AM

Awesome. That's the kinda thing that keeps me motivated. I had my LizzR spinach smoothie from breakfast with the new blender I bought for work. It makes things easier.

Have a great day, it was -21 on my way in to work this morning.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/2013-01-24_07-47-42_860.jpg

Yuck!

IP43
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Those who go off plan ALWAYS gain weight. Some (the lucky ones) are able to make it back to the plan. And some of those struggle to get to 100% on plan. MANY MORE do not make it back. They just disappear. Do you like those odds? I don't.

Losing weight and making life altering changes is hard enough. Stick with it. You'll never regret it.

AMEN SISTA! I actually considered myself pretty strong on this program until Oct. and I was doing really well, and feeling really well. For whatever reason, I got off track, and still ate pretty healthily (oh yeah -- it was that damn hockey arena and the treats while waiting for the boys to play! Grrrr...)

Anyway - it wasn't something stressful. It was life. And I was feeling good. And I was feeling confident I could get back on it at any time, and just needed a little "break"

25 pounds up later, here I am. What an "expensive break" and to be honest, I have been TRYING since mid-Nov. to get back on track. It really is hard when you lose your momentum to jump back in. If I had stuck with it, I'd look as FAB as a few people who started the same time I did, but stuck to it. I still have another 17 pounds to lose till I'm where I was in Oct! (That is why my can-can man is kickin' my butt down there!)

For as long as you can, stick with it. It's easier to do the first time around.

IP43
01-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey Scorbett and Wuv, I'm havin' one of your "skinny day"s today too -- feeling a little thinner, pants a little looser...

Too bad the car in my driveway is the same ol' rustbucket it was yesterday, but I guess at least the DRIVER is startin' to look hot! :)

exactor
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
I might do the massage part on Sunday. Last time I got a massage, I got a whoosh! ANYTHING to get that scale moving! And then if it works, Mani/pedi are easy to get in (and I want them fresh for our long weekend in Ft Lauderdale Feb 2-5)

Ragdoll, you look fantastic! I also hate to look at my before pictures. I checked my BMI too. Mine is at 26.8. I can't wait to be in the normal range!

Lisa, good luck at your weigh-in. I've been needing to schedule a massage too and since you mentioned you had a big whoosh the last time you got a massage, I'm going to call for an appointment right now!

Sammie12
01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Good morning everyone. Great wi's today. I had mine this morning & lost a pound but I'll take it since it was better then last week were I stayed the same. Anyone have any suggestions for cough drops? Asked my coach this am & she said I could have sugarfree ones but dont go over board. Stay warm out there cause it is freezing here :)

jmuroff1
01-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Congrats everyone on their losses!!!! I weighed myself this morning (i know i shouldnt have) but for the past couple weeks i have hardly lost. my coach says cuz im not too far off from my goal but i may want to consider changing it, i really don't want to. does anyone have any suggestions to boost my losses? they may be moving me to phase 2 as well.

SouthernGal08
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
I recommend diligently searching for ways to stick with it NO MATTER WHAT.
Many of us have had BIG life activities (celebrations, vacations, etc) and have stay ON PLAN throughout. This is how we have succeeded. Our health/wellness/goals had to come first.

I could not agree with you more! You'll never regret sticking to the plan. Make a plan. Bring all of the foods that you love. Make is so there's no way possible that you can deviate. And then make up your mind to stick to it. One thing I also have to prepare for is the reaction of others when I'm "just eating soup and veggies." At Thanksgiving and Christmas I watched all of my family pig out, and I stuck to the program. They commented - a lot - about how I was not eating the cookies, cakes, breads - and it's hard to be around that. Log in here if you need support. We're all in this together! I'm working on my budget today, and I'm making sure to budget for my Ideal Protein. I don't want to use the cost as an excuse down the road. Most of us know the triggers we have faced in the past - like going off program for special events - and with a little preparation, we can plan for success!

My boyfriend has been less than supportive - He thinks I should be able to eat what I want then exercise it off through the week. It does NOT work that way for my body. And this program WORKS! I call him a "feeder" because he always wants me to eat whatever he is eating. I think I've finally proven that my determination won't budge though. :) I made a weight loss/inch loss chart that I have in our bathroom that shows how far I've come and how much more I have to go. It has helped tremendously. Both with my focus and with his support of me reaching my goal. I'm communicating my goals to him without having to say anything at all. :)

Great losses, everyone! Keep up the great work! :)

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 12:29 PM
I am starting my second week. The first week my coach told me to eat 4 packets (one restricted). I switched coaches this week bc the other coach was not very helpful/inconvenient appt times. Yesterday was my first day eating only 3 packets. I found myself with a headache/cranky and feeling kind of light headed right before dinner. Breakfast at 7, lunch at 11, snack at 3, dinner at 6. What should I do if this happens? I asked her if I should have an extra packet and she said no, water and lettuce.

That sounds like you are going through carb withdrawal. Stick it out a couple more days and you will feel better. Some salt might help with the headaches.

Ragdoll, you look fantastic! I also hate to look at my before pictures. I checked my BMI too. Mine is at 26.8. I can't wait to be in the normal range!

Thank you!
Looking at your pick, I would think you were right in the middle of the normal BMI. You look so thin.

Congrats everyone on their losses!!!! I weighed myself this morning (i know i shouldnt have) but for the past couple weeks i have hardly lost. my coach says cuz im not too far off from my goal but i may want to consider changing it, i really don't want to. does anyone have any suggestions to boost my losses? they may be moving me to phase 2 as well.

I went through an 8 week period where my losses were really slow. Once I got through it they have kicked back into high gear. I tried doing a bunch of things to ge back on track, but no sure if anything worked or if my body needed the break for a while.

One thing you really need to do when you get closer to goal is measure everything.

Desafinado
01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Do you ever combine packets? My coach said not to do that but the mushroom soup and rotini is a natural combo to me and it was tasty (I did this before she told me I shouldn't do it, so I will follow directions, was just curious about what others do).

Desafinado
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Congrats on the weight loss. Stay off the scale to be surprised on Monday!

Word of caution (I'm gonna be SUPER blunt here):
Look back at old threads (you don't have to go back far. December should work). See who decided to tweak the diet or phase off or quit for the holidays (or other special event)

How many of them are still here?

Now, look at the people who decided to stick with it NO MATTER WHAT. Look at their consistent weight losses.

The amount of weight you have to lose is going to take a HUGE commitment. I DO NOT recommend already looking for excuses to go off the plan. I know MANY others on this board will join me in this caution.

Instead, I recommend diligently searching for ways to stick with it NO MATTER WHAT.

:hug: I love you for always reminding us of this. My visiting family left yesterday and forgot a bag of chips. I almost broke down and had one because, boy I miss chips (mind you, I wasn't a chips person before IP, this was just my head/negativity/the devil trying to beat me), but I thought about what you said -- stay focused, stay committed, those who are successful keep this promise they have made to themselves -- and I threw that bag in the trashcan then threw some other stuff on it.

I can do this. I will do it. I made a promise to myself and I am worth it.

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Do you ever combine packets? My coach said not to do that but the mushroom soup and rotini is a natural combo to me and it was tasty (I did this before she told me I shouldn't do it, so I will follow directions, was just curious about what others do).

You'd have to just eat half.
I'm guessing coach said no due to temptation to eat the whole thing.
If you could portion it out and save half for another meal, I don't see why not. Some IP clinics on FB post recipes that use more than 1 packet.

I combine the crunchy ones for a varity of tastes. I just re-portion into ziplocs.

:hug: I love you for always reminding us of this. My visiting family left yesterday and forgot a bag of chips. I almost broke down and had one because, boy I miss chips (mind you, I wasn't a chips person before IP, this was just my head/negativity/the devil trying to beat me), but I thought about what you said -- stay focused, stay committed, those who are successful keep this promise they have made to themselves -- and I threw that bag in the trashcan then threw some other stuff on it.

I'd have put them down the garbage disposal or emptied the bag into the trash. From past behavior, I know a closed bag may not be safe in my trash :o

sekc14
01-24-2013, 12:44 PM
AMEN SISTA! I actually considered myself pretty strong on this program until Oct. and I was doing really well, and feeling really well. For whatever reason, I got off track, and still ate pretty healthily (oh yeah -- it was that damn hockey arena and the treats while waiting for the boys to play! Grrrr...)

Anyway - it wasn't something stressful. It was life. And I was feeling good. And I was feeling confident I could get back on it at any time, and just needed a little "break"

25 pounds up later, here I am. What an "expensive break" and to be honest, I have been TRYING since mid-Nov. to get back on track. It really is hard when you lose your momentum to jump back in. If I had stuck with it, I'd look as FAB as a few people who started the same time I did, but stuck to it. I still have another 17 pounds to lose till I'm where I was in Oct! (That is why my can-can man is kickin' my butt down there!)

For as long as you can, stick with it. It's easier to do the first time around.

I also got off program at beginning of summer but, managed to maintain the number on the scale and build muscle. I got in great shape riding bike on hills, swimming, and horseback riding. By the end of summer I was the strongest I've been in 20 years! I felt great but, wanted to go back OP and lose more fat. In August I began starting/failing. At the end of November I went to a bridal shower and ate cake for the first time in a year! Then, adding to the fact that I went hog wild for a 4 day trip filled with parties, arthritic pain slowed down my exercise routing. (Recently realized I'd become infected with Lyme's disease but, the pain is subsiding with antibiotics.)

This week I've finally been able to stay OP (alternate products plan). What helped me was to quit thinking about the great shape I had been in and the ground that I lost by enjoying parties and having fun dating for the first time in 20 years. I decided to put my mind back to the thoughts I had when I was originally on my way down the scale and excited about each and every pound I lost. Initially in the program I joyfully anticipated what it would be like to drop down into the next lower 10 lb range, over and over. With that new outlook, I've been able to get excited about staying OP rather than being depressed about falling behind or missing the fantastic wine and cheese!

When I review my life the happiest I've been is after the weight loss from this program. The setback over the past couple months in weight gain can easily be overcome at this point. In looking back I asked myself, "how did I ever do it?" The answer is that I was absolutely determined to follow the program and I followed it. It's as simple as that. Then day after day the weight loss slowly added up over time. I transformed into a happier, healthier, freer, more beautiful being by just staying OP hour by hour throughout the day. Once I get a few days OP, I get more determined and the ability to stay OP gets stronger as I see results.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::dizzy::dizzy::diz zy:

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 12:44 PM

I have combined packets, but then split it into 2 servings. Eat one right away and save the other for later.

Desafinado
01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
I have combined packets, but then split it into 2 servings. Eat one right away and save the other for later.

Oh, duh! That makes so much sense. OK.

pocahontas812
01-24-2013, 01:24 PM

Consider snacking on a couple hard-boiled egg whites around the time you're feeling cranky/empty. Most coaches tell their IPeers that 2 egg whites a day are free. Or try a cup of decaf or herbal tea. Warm beverages keep you feeling fuller for longer. Also be sure you are getting plenty of water and don't forget the salt. 64 oz water is the minimum...but my coach told me 80 oz was a lot better. Reality for me.....100-120 oz is what it takes to keep me feeling well hydrated.

bubbleblower
01-24-2013, 01:26 PM

I have combined them for lunch on occasion when I've eaten a late lunch and planned to skip my afternoon snack. Then I would have a 'combo' meal. Of course you also could do what's already been suggested re: splitting into two meals.

I say this to myself quite a lot!

This week I've finally been able to stay OP (alternate products plan). What helped me was to quit thinking about the great shape I had been in and the ground that I lost by enjoying parties and having fun dating for the first time in 20 years. I decided to put my mind back to the thoughts I had when I was originally on my way down the scale and excited about each and every pound I lost. Initially in the program I joyfully anticipated what it would be like to drop down into the next lower 10 lb range, over and over. With that new outlook, I've been able to get excited about staying OP rather than being depressed about falling behind or missing the fantastic wine and cheese!

When I review my life the happiest I've been is after the weight loss from this program. The setback over the past couple months in weight gain can easily be overcome at this point. In looking back I asked myself, "how did I ever do it?" The answer is that I was absolutely determined to follow the program and I followed it. It's as simple as that. Then day after day the weight loss slowly added up over time. I transformed into a happier, healthier, freer, more beautiful being by just staying OP hour by hour throughout the day. Once I get a few days OP, I get more determined and the ability to stay OP gets stronger as I see results.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::dizzy::dizzy::diz zy:

Great attitude to have for success! So much is in how we approach things.

It's about taking responsibility for where we are, and taking control over getting to where we want to be instead of playing the victim, IMO.

Ali Williams
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
congrats jeffiner! I added my before pic and current pics to my profile. I hate seeing my before pic, so not quite ready to put them in my siggy to see everytime I post. The before pic was taken just days before starting IP in July 2012.

Wow! You really do look great-even your tummy looks good.;)

I cant wait to get to a point where I can stand to have my picture taken again.

Ali

jmuroff1
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
I went through an 8 week period where my losses were really slow. Once I got through it they have kicked back into high gear. I tried doing a bunch of things to ge back on track, but no sure if anything worked or if my body needed the break for a while.

One thing you really need to do when you get closer to goal is measure everything.

Thank You :) Im going to talk to my coach tomorrow and hope that they can help me get through this, they did tell me i may need to take a break and that they would help me phase off properly

ladylunk
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM

YAY for you! I bet you will be there anyway by Monday. Great job!

mrskuby
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Uuughh!!! I hate it when my boss comes in to my office, takes a dump on my desk, then leaves! (Sorry for the graphic language but this is how I feel right now!!) AND I was in the middle of eating lunch so now I don't feel like eating the rest of it! Second time this week this has been done to me!! On tuesday, the other boss gave me assignments that HAD to be done by days end. So I worked OT (on my bday, mind you) and the assignments are just sitting there waiting for someone to take the next step... UUgghh!!!

ladylunk
01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Well first WI - 7.6lbs and 3.75". Quite pleased. Husband down 13lbs, but I know thats how it goes. Lucky guys! Thanks for the good reads on going off program. I too have a mini goal for vacation, and lots to think about after reading those. Great work on all the weigh ins!

Betterthings
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Well first WI - 7.6lbs and 3.75". Quite pleased. Husband down 13lbs, but I know thats how it goes. Lucky guys! Thanks for the good reads on going off program. I too have a mini goal for vacation, and lots to think about after reading those. Great work on all the weigh ins!

Great job!!!!!

Desafinado
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Thank you idealproteinewbie & candowilldo.

So I just checked my BMI because I was inspired by scorbett's post. I'm still in the overweight category, but barely. I'm at 25.5 and normal is under 25....hoping I will be normal in the next couple of weeks. :crossed:

Your before and after pics just re-inspired me! If I stick with this, I could look like that in June/July this year.

A1Texan
01-24-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy :D

Lynnie63
01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
I just want to say that I've read the posts today about sitaying on plan until you're done - I agree with that -I've been on plan going on 10 months and haven't cheated once, starting with Easter which was the weekend after I started - I've never ever done that before - I was the Queen of cheating, since I started on Atkins when I was in Elementary School, WW in Junior High...... I have made a concious decision to phase off for this cruise and will be right back on P1 the day after we get back to get into a size 10!

I've had disappointing weigh in's the past 3 - 4 weeks (1# or less each week), this week I stayed the same. I really was hoping to reach 100# before I phased off for the cruise, but seeing I started Phase 3 today, it's very unlikely that will happen. So that's something to look forward to when I get back from the cruise, all the more reason to hop right back on program. I've already checked to see if I have veggies in the freezer for the next day and we dont leave for 2 weeks!

When I was speaking to my coach about what I should expect today when I ate my P3 breakfast she had no clue, kind of frustrating. She said she has had people "graduate". I asked her if she has a maintenance class, she said no, but she's talk to her Regional about it. P1 was easy compared to keeping it off the rest of my life!

She said that she suggests the Paleo diet instead of P4 IP - I thought that was weird that she would suggest another diet than the one that she sells. I've looked it up, and it's basically what we've been eating, plus fruit, minus the packets. I'm going to try IP P4 for maintenance.

She suggested that I try Nova Cleanse when I go back on program to try to speed things up - I've read some old posts on this and people had mixed results using it. Anybody used it lately?

Sorry for the long ramble.

pocahontas812
01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy :D

I haven't done this, but a lot of people add veggies to the IP soups and some add veggies to chicken broth. Purchased broth can have a lot of sodium which can contribute to water retention. Also, most broths I've seen have a few carbs per cup, so if you go this route be sure to check the nutrition label.

Adding a cup of spinach to a shake is a another good way to sneak in 1/4 of you daily veggies. Use either an IP drink mix or pudding mix, 1C water, 1C ice, and 1C spinach. Blend until smooth and enjoy! Although it will affect the color a little, you won't be able to taste the spinach.

ladylunk
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I just want to say that I've read the posts today about sitaying on plan until you're done - I agree with that -I've been on plan going on 10 months and haven't cheated once, starting with Easter which was the weekend after I started - I've never ever done that before - I was the Queen of cheating, since I started on Atkins when I was in Elementary School, WW in Junior High...... I have made a concious decision to phase off for this cruise and will be right back on P1 the day after we get back to get into a size 10!

I've had disappointing weigh in's the past 3 - 4 weeks (1# or less each week), this week I stayed the same. I really was hoping to reach 100# before I phased off for the cruise, but seeing I started Phase 3 today, it's very unlikely that will happen. So that's something to look forward to when I get back from the cruise, all the more reason to hop right back on program. I've already checked to see if I have veggies in the freezer for the next day and we dont leave for 2 weeks!

When I was speaking to my coach about what I should expect today when I ate my P3 breakfast she had no clue, kind of frustrating. She said she has had people "graduate". I asked her if she has a maintenance class, she said no, but she's talk to her Regional about it. P1 was easy compared to keeping it off the rest of my life!

She said that she suggests the Paleo diet instead of P4 IP - I thought that was weird that she would suggest another diet than the one that she sells. I've looked it up, and it's basically what we've been eating, plus fruit, minus the packets. I'm going to try IP P4 for maintenance.

She suggested that I try Nova Cleanse when I go back on program to try to speed things up - I've read some old posts on this and people had mixed results using it. Anybody used it lately?

I think you deserve that for your vacation. You have done so well. I think rewards can be good. You gotta look forward to something. That's kind of my thought process. I just quit smoking too. So I don't look forward to a smoke reward of course as that just can't happen without starting up again, but some things in life like a drink of wine, or a treat are just part of life's enjoyments. And after working so hard and doing so well, how can you not..... Anyway that's my opinion at this point. And of course I am new at this and if I phase off with intentions of going back on, yes I could be one of the ones that doesn't show back up, but I hope that this program is teaching me enough about control. All you can do is try.

A1Texan
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I haven't done this, but a lot of people add veggies to the IP soups and some add veggies to chicken broth. Purchased broth can have a lot of sodium which can contribute to water retention. Also, most broths I've seen have a few carbs per cup, so if you go this route be sure to check the nutrition label.

Adding a cup of spinach to a shake is a another good way to sneak in 1/4 of you daily veggies. Use either an IP drink mix or pudding mix, 1C water, 1C ice, and 1C spinach. Blend until smooth and enjoy! Although it will affect the color a little, you won't be able to taste the spinach.
Thanks. I may try looking at vegetable stock (low sodium) label to see what is in there.

LosingLawyer
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM

You've gotten a LOT of great advice from others here. Particularly Lisa's advice regarding those that have taken a break for [insert vacation/holiday/special event] and then can never really get back on track. Ultimately, it's your decision as to what you want to do. If I were you, this early into the program, I would take my packets and stay OP through the cruise. But, if you are going to go off plan, let me give you a little advice based on my own experience.

I started IP in June. I have stayed OP through countless parties, holidays, work events, etc. I have had two vacations since I started IP - one was 9 days and one was a week. The week long one I stayed OP, the 9 day one I decided to go off plan. Here's what I did when I went off plan (my vacation was in October, so I had been OP for about 4 months prior to vacation): (1) I phased off by doing one week of phase 2 and one week of phase 3; (2) I ate sensibly and did not return to my old eating habits (I split meals, didn't eat dessert every night, i still ate my vegetables); (3) I got a lot of exercise (walked several miles per day); (4) I drank a lot of water (at least 100 ounces per day). I actually lost weight on my vacation, even though I did consume carbs. I also got right back on track as soon as my plane landed, and I haven't looked back since. I'm lucky in that I DO NOT get the "ketosis flu" when I am getting back into ketosis (no headaches or general yucky feeling). If you had a rough few days getting into ketosis originally, remember you will have to go through that again. I also know that I am in a very good place now and am determined to make this a total lifestyle change so it has been relatively easy for me to get back on track and stay on track. Only YOU know where your head is at and if you can handle this type of break. It's so easy to say "I'll start again tomorrow" and then have tomorrow turn into a week, a month, or a year. That's how a lot of us got to where we are at now.

Would I make the same decision to take a break from IP for my vacation if I had to do it all over again? I'm not sure. Probably not, just because it wasn't like the off program food I ate was all that fantastic, and I probably could have lost even more weight had I stayed OP.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM

Steam some veggies, purée them in your blender & add to an IP (or alt) soup mix. Tis wa smy lunch for at least the first 2 months. You canut the whole 2 c veggies in. If you add spinach to a morning smoothie, this only leaves 1 more c. Veggies for the day.
I'm running into the opposite problem now: LIMITING veggies to 4 c daily. Totally new phenomenon for me!

You've been on a LONG Time. Totally different than a newbie already talking about cheating when they are just starting.
I've seen others phase off (2-4) then back on P1 & it actually jump-started sluggish losses. Luck to you.
After all your commitment, you deserve to be at goal.

LosingLawyer
01-24-2013, 04:05 PM

Lynnie - I actually lost on my week of Phase 3. I've seen on this board a lot of folks who have used Phase 3 to jump start their losses again (including Wuv). Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

LosingLawyer
01-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Steam some veggies, purée them in your blender & add to an IP (or alt) soup mix. Tis wa smy lunch for at least the first 2 months. You canut the whole 2 c veggies in. If you add spinach to a morning smoothie, this only leaves 1 more c. Veggies for the day.
I'm running into the opposite problem now: LIMITING veggies to 4 c daily. Totally new phenomenon for me!

This is why I don't put any spinach in my shake in the morning (even though I love doing that with the EAS dark chocolate) - it means that I'm using a cup of my veggies up! I'd rather eat them with lunch and dinner. :D

amberjules
01-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Yesterday was my 8 week weigh-in and I couldn't have been more thrilled! Each week I just thank my luck stars that I have found something that is actually working to help me lose weight and be healthy.

So I achieved my first mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight which was 26 lbs. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

I've officially lost 27 lbs and am on to my 2nd mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. Half way there!!! :D

Once again I owe a big thank you to my IP coach and my 3 Fat Chicks coaches....ALL OF YOU!!! I couldn't have attained what I've done so far without everybodies help, guidance, input, amazing recipes, and chatter. :hug:

So here is my 8 week before and after photos. My shirt is definitely looser and hanging more on me. My coach wanted me to where the same outfit to see the differences.

http://www.lamberjules.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/8-WEEK-COMPILATION-TEMPLATE.jpg

Okay, off to eat my IP Brocolli Cheese Soup and 2 cups of chopped brocolli. YUM!

rainbowsmiles
01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Yesterday was my 8 week weigh-in and I couldn't have been more thrilled! Each week I just thank my luck stars that I have found something that is actually working to help me lose weight and be healthy.

So I achieved my first mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight which was 26 lbs. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

I've officially lost 27 lbs and am on to my 2nd mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. Half way there!!! :D

Once again I owe a big thank you to my IP coach and my 3 Fat Chicks coaches....ALL OF YOU!!! I couldn't have attained what I've done so far without everybodies help, guidance, input, amazing recipes, and chatter. :hug:

So here is my 8 week before and after photos. My shirt is definitely looser and hanging more on me. My coach wanted me to where the same outfit to see the differences.

http://www.lamberjules.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/8-WEEK-COMPILATION-TEMPLATE.jpg

Okay, off to eat my IP Brocolli Cheese Soup and 2 cups of chopped brocolli. YUM!

awwww :hug: :hug: you look so beautiful and what a wonderful 8 weeks success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :encore: way to go!!!!

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Ali Williams- thanks! Clothes definitely help to hide tummy and other problem areas.

mrskuby- I hope your day goes better!

Desafinado- Thank you!

A1Texan- Kosher pickles also count towards your veggie allowance also. You can try snacking on them between meals to help get all the veggies in.

Lynnie63- so close too 100 lbs! You know what is right for you regarding phasing off for your cruise.

Amberjules- WOW! You look so great. I don't think you will be able to wear that shirt again for the next pic. :)

ladylunk
01-24-2013, 04:45 PM

You've been on a LONG Time. Totally different than a newbie already talking about cheating when they are just starting.
I've seen others phase off (2-4) then back on P1 & it actually jump-started sluggish losses. Luck to you.
After all your commitment, you deserve to be at goal.

I totally agree with you about her being on it a LONG time and is deserving for a break. I know I am new, but just wanted to add that my only goal with my coach at this point in time is 25lbs by March 30. That is what I am working for. I put on my ticker what my dream weight would be, so maybe misrepresented myself. One goal at a time for me. This is my second diet and I am feeling good about it and hope to get to my March 30th goal. It's one day at a time. I guess I just don't like to think of it as cheating. Everyone is on it for different reasons and has different circumstances......

MyTime50
01-24-2013, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=A1Texan;4605435]I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy :D[/QUOT
E]

A1Texan,
Go to the opening of the daily chat (1st post by Rissimo) and check out LizRR's Fun With Veggie Purées . You will be amazed at what she does with puréed veggies. It has been a lifesaver for me! Good luck! You are doing great :carrot:

A1Texan
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=A1Texan;4605435]I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy :D[/QUOT
E]

A1Texan,
Go to the opening of the daily chat (1st post by Rissimo) and check out LizRR's Fun With Veggie Purées . You will be amazed at what she does with puréed veggies. It has been a lifesaver for me! Good luck! You are doing great :carrot:
Thanks MyTime but I'm pureed out! :) I'm not a veggie person to begin with. I don't know how I lasted 7 weeks..LOL I'll go with Lisa's suggestion and steam and blend them with the addition of soup mix. At least I can drink that.

rainbowsmiles
01-24-2013, 04:57 PM

i'm right there with you lisa!!! i could easily devour 8 cups of veggies a day!!!

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM

That shirt is a DRESS on you now!

Glover girl
01-24-2013, 05:12 PM
:D:DWI today with a loss of 3.8 lbs, making a total of 15 lbs in two weeks! I am so excited about this plan. No diet I have ever been on has been this effective. Thanks to all of you for the daily inspiration. I am in this for a long haul, but the future looks bright!
I like to purée cauliflower but I must say that causes me some discomfort afterward. Is it okay to use beano on this plan?:?:

Desafinado
01-24-2013, 05:15 PM
So far (I'm on week two) I haven't had any restricted IP items. Yesterday I had brussel sprouts for dinner (1 cup) which is a restricted item and today it occurred to me that I might not clearly understand the restricted item rules as they apply to veggies and IP products.

So, do you only get two restricted IP items AND two restricted veggies a week OR is it two total restricted items, be they veggies or IP snacks?

I'm asking because I had planned to get some of the crunchy stuff at my weigh-in on Sunday cause this week showed me that I need them in my routine.

LizJazz
01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Ok, no wonder I was starving. I couldn't figure how some people posted that they had trouble eating all their food. I was measuring my veggies on a scale. Huge difference now that I'm measuring with a measuring cup!

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 05:23 PM
So far (I'm on week two) I haven't had any restricted IP items. Yesterday I had brussel sprouts for dinner (1 cup) which is a restricted item and today it occurred to me that I might not clearly understand the restricted item rules as they apply to veggies and IP products.

So, do you only get two restricted IP items AND two restricted veggies a week OR is it two total restricted items, be they veggies or IP snacks?

I'm asking because I had planned to get some of the crunchy stuff at my weigh-in on Sunday cause this week showed me that I need them in my routine.

Look closely at your Phase 1 sheet
Restricted products ONE PER DAY (not two per week)
Occasional vegetables two per week (that is cumulative...so you can't have 2 green beans AND 2 brussels sprouts...only 2 servings per week)

De11s
01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Uuughh!!! I hate it when my boss comes in to my office, takes a dump on my desk, then leaves! (Sorry for the graphic language but this is how I feel right now!!) AND I was in the middle of eating lunch so now I don't feel like eating the rest of it! Second time this week this has been done to me!! On tuesday, the other boss gave me assignments that HAD to be done by days end. So I worked OT (on my bday, mind you) and the assignments are just sitting there waiting for someone to take the next step... UUgghh!!!

I hear ya!! What a crazy day I have had, can it be Friday??? Pleeeeaaassse?:yikes:

De11s
01-24-2013, 05:51 PM

Great Job!! You look GREAT! Keep up the good Work!!:congrat:

IP43
01-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Good morning everyone. Great wi's today. I had mine this morning & lost a pound but I'll take it since it was better then last week were I stayed the same. Anyone have any suggestions for cough drops? Asked my coach this am & she said I could have sugarfree ones but dont go over board. Stay warm out there cause it is freezing here :)

I also found some chloraseptic throat spray for my sore throat. You spritz a bit, wait, then spit out any extra. one or 2 spritzes so far has worked well

Desafinado
01-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Look closely at your Phase 1 sheet
Restricted products ONE PER DAY (not two per week)
Occasional vegetables two per week (that is cumulative...so you can't have 2 green beans AND 2 brussels sprouts...only 2 servings per week)

OK. I don't know why I had this all discombobulated. :D

virnsky
01-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Had my second weigh-in today and lost 7 lbs. - woohooo! Total of 10 since I started IP on January 11.

Trina M
01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Weigh to go everyone!! I had my 3 rd WI toady and because they weren't busy they also measured me. I lost 3.2 and 8 inches. It is motivating to see results. My problem today is that I am a week away from my period and am feeling crampy. I'm not hungry and just want to lay with a heating pad on me. My 4 year old has other ideas. Oh we'll, tomorrow is Friday and I'm excited for the weekend!!!! Have a great day everyone!

Ali Williams
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
WI #3 tonight and I am down 4.4 lbs for a total of 12 lbs in 3 weeks. I am so happy that if you could hear me talking, my voice would be cracking a little. ;-)

This really is a great diet but combined with this forum, it's absolutely amazing. I feel like I am in it with a group as opposed to wandering out on my own. My coach is great but she has never had a weight issue in her life so it's comforting to see all the posts from others who have shared both their challenges and their successes. I learn from both and reading the messages each day keeps me committed. I can honestly say that I have been on this diet for 3 weeks straight without cheating once. That says a lot for the diet and the for the inspiration that I find here.

Thanks for the support, recipes, motivation and all the information!!!

Ali

speterson
01-24-2013, 08:27 PM

GREAT JOB

Nolawhodatchick
01-24-2013, 09:10 PM

Congratulations! Look at the progress in those photos in just 8 weeks, a mere 2 months!!! You look great!

Suzali
01-24-2013, 09:21 PM

Great pics! You look like a different person. So inspiring!:carrot:

byugrl
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Hey Scorbett and Wuv, I'm havin' one of your "skinny day"s today too -- feeling a little thinner, pants a little looser...

Too bad the car in my driveway is the same ol' rustbucket it was yesterday, but I guess at least the DRIVER is startin' to look hot! [/B]:)

I LOVE IT !!!!!! I love when the driver is looking hot !!!:D;);)

Nolawhodatchick
01-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Ragdoll-
I forgot to say, saw your before and now pics today and they blew me away! You're progress is incredible; you look amazing!

poppyleigh
01-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Just finished my first week on IP, 11.5 pounds gone! Can't believe it :)