Ideal Protein Diet - Newbie - My wife and I begin tomorrow

jeffc
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Very good information on this site - thank you all for taking the time to answer questions, share stories etc. Wish us luck.

livelaughlovesunshin
01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Good luck to you both!!

elvislover324
01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Good luck to you both! Post here often, this site is a great motivator and a wealth of information.

I think it's great that you are doing it together. :val1:

BeccaGrim
01-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Good luck. Can't wait to see you guys on here.

NorthernChick13
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Good luck!!! and Welcome!!

virnsky
01-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Good luck to both of you!!

tam67green
01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Welcome and good luck!! Be ready to be amazed at the results!

Megan33
01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Good luck to you and your wife!! Woohoo, the pounds will fly off! :-)

Calisto
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
Good Luck! My husband and I started in November! He is only 7 lb from his goal!

It's great to do it together!

maezy1
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
it's so great that yall are doing this together!!!! Good luck and report back in with your successes!

ragdoll74
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
:welcome2:
It's nice that you are doing IP together.

IP43
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
My hubby is doing his own weight loss on a different plan and it's a little frustrating for shopping etc. as we're almost on opposite plans (and he's taking up my fridge space with his crappy carbs! LOL). Meals, everything, is a bit more effort. I'd rather be doing it WITH him but just glad he's looking at his weight too. Good for you though, for sticking together. It will be WAY easier to eat in AND out, and make sure each other stays honest with the snackin' :)
Make sure you take a "before" picture of you two cuddling (maybe trying to wrap arms around each other?) or cheek to cheek. You'll be glad to do the "after" later and discover that there is half as much of each other, yet double the love!:hug: ( Geez -- I'm starting to sound like a Hallmark card! LOL. I really just wanted to say....:welcome2:

JenRem
01-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Good Luck. My hubby is also doing IP with me. And he is also close to his goal weight. Would like to be there myself, but I'll get the opportunity to watch him go through P2,P3,P4 before me and hope to learn from his experiences. This site is awesome, so we look forward to getting to know you both. Jen

WorldTraveleronIP
01-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your decision to do IP together!

leadedge
01-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie. Three days in and going strong (so far).

Weird question...I designed my weight scale countdown but how do you attach it to your signature on this site???

WorldTraveleronIP
01-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie. Three days in and going strong (so far).

Weird question...I designed my weight scale countdown but how do you attach it to your signature on this site???

You have to go into user cp (control panel) and add it in your signature-it is on the purple bar at the far left (below the thread listing)

leadedge
01-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Ok, thanks. I guess newbies have to wait 20 days before they can do a signature. I just noticed the note above my post.
:?:

ladylunk
01-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Welcome new people. Can't believe how many people come on here. I think I am three or four days signed up to this and getting such good info. Tried a recipe already (I might have the name slightly wrong) rainbow smiles. It seems her recipes are famous on here so had to give it a go. It was the jicama with cinnamon. I will have to be careful with that. Jicama sooo good. Raw or cooked. But I think you have to be careful and just have a bit. Anyway thats what I did. About a 1/4 cup with dinner kind of my dessert at the end. First weigh in for me tomorrow. Will have to see how it goes.

scorbett1103
01-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Welcome new people. Can't believe how many people come on here. I think I am three or four days signed up to this and getting such good info. Tried a recipe already (I might have the name slightly wrong) rainbow smiles. It seems her recipes are famous on here so had to give it a go. It was the jicama with cinnamon. I will have to be careful with that. Jicama sooo good. Raw or cooked. But I think you have to be careful and just have a bit. Anyway thats what I did. About a 1/4 cup with dinner kind of my dessert at the end. First weigh in for me tomorrow. Will have to see how it goes.

Jicama is an approved veggie and you can have it as part of your 4 cups per day, every day if you want. This is not a diet where you can have a "little bit" of things not on the list - if it's on the list, follow the serving size that the sheet tells you. If it's not on the list, it's not OK on Phase 1.

jeffc
01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
When using the vanilla shake as coffee creamer, don't try to just use the power. Mix it first. Unless you like lumps :). Thank you all for saying hello.

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 10:11 AM
When using the vanilla shake as coffee creamer, don't try to just use the power. Mix it first. Unless you like lumps :). Thank you all for saying hello.

I usually put the packet in the cup first, then add a little hot coffee or water and mix until smooth. Then add the rest of the coffee and it will be lump free!

jeffc
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Thank you. I will try that tomorrow morning. I included some new info on my profile. Since I declared myself a newbie, I will explain the #s. Starting 10/1/11 I was 394. By 7/1/12 I was down to 274 thanks to making smart food choices and working out regularly. Then, I stalled. Since, I have slowly put 30+ back on and now sit at 312 - a small % is muscle due to increased strength training and switching from a brisk walk to a light run. Anyway, I figured it was time that I try my first organized diet ever. I am looking forward to having my food choices made for me. I have always been heavy, but athletic. My goal of 240 would put me at my circa 1985 weight - that's essentially when I stopped growing (height-wise) haha ha. Some additional background. 40 yrs old. 3 children (twin 3 yr old boys and a 15 month old daughter). I love to fish and really enjoy cooking - I will miss cooking the most as that's how I unwind.....

Katkat
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Good luck to you both! It's great that you will be doing this together! We are happy to have you join

jeffiner
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Welcome..my husband and I are doing this together too! Its been great..we just had our second WI. Ive lost 9.5 lbs and hubby has lost 7. We came home..sorted our packets for the week, placed them in ziplock baggies labled for each day then sat together enjoying a cup of hot chocolate (cappacino for him) and talking. It was so nice. Normally we are in different parts of the house doing whatever it is we do, but having this night time (snack) to look forward to has also turned into a few minutes alone together where we actually just talk!

jeffc
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Thank you. I'm sure being organized will help. I know that during my pre-IP diet, it was critical to have healthy options on hand at all times to avoid making bad decisions. It was funny loading 20 - 2 cup veggie containers in the fridge last night. Congrats on your success so far.