Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/23/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/23/2013

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 05:52 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dolemite
01-23-2013, 06:33 AM
One day until my first week's WI! I couldn't wait so I jumped on my digital scale this morning and it reads -11lbs! I really hope its not broke, will find out tomorrow!

I am really excited to get a bag of IP products that I pick! Today and tomorrow I am struggling a through a couple of packets I know I am not going to like. Should have stopped them and checked the bag before I left on my first initial visit!

EPAPRN
01-23-2013, 06:45 AM
WI last night. After last week and gaining 0.5lb, early TOM and generally feeling discouraged all week, I lost 2lbs. I can see P2 in my near future!

My coach wants me to get to 30% or less body fat before moving to the next phase, which is 3.3% further...and I would like another 13lbs gone.

These last few weeks have been very slow for me and very frustrating. I have been having a difficult time staying focused. I have been 100% OP but it has been difficult and I have thought about going into P2 earlier just to move on. But, after last night's WI, I feel better and am more focused to lose those last few stubborn pounds and move on in the right mind frame.

Have a great day everyone!

IP43
01-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Great news for both of the above posters! It's very cool to see a "just starting" enthusiasm with an "almost there" post right after! Awesomeness!!

IP43
01-23-2013, 07:03 AM
I posted this under the "what to do if you slip up" thread, but I'll put it here too in case the website is of interest to some people.

I was looking for something under my "favourites" and forgot about this link but it may be helpful. (I love when things just "appear" when you need them). It's the link to information on how to handle small and large "slip ups" by the Dr. who created the IP diet -- so we'll assume he knows what he's talking about ;)

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article254

The best advice is to NOT cheat, as it puts you off track for a few days, which adds to the expense of your food and time, and it can be very hard to refocus when you start letting "little cheats" sneak in--I can tell you from experience "restarting" is not easy! So let's stick OP today!

bubbleblower
01-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning, IP'ers!! I just had weigh-in number 7, and have dropped another 2.5 pounds ... Slow and steady, but getting it done!! Other than my first two weeks, this is the biggest one week loss for me yet, and I've been 100% OP since day 1. I'm psyched because I'm down to the last 10 pounds, although my exact goal weight is ultimately going to depend on how I feel and how clothes fit.

As IP43 said, let's stick OP today!!!! :carrot:

sonyainva
01-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Awesome news all around. Way to go bubbleblower.

EPARN - totally can understand with the last 10, hang in there.

I am at 124 as of this morning, I am 5'2 and from what I can see is I have a few more to go. Playing it day to day.

Feeling good, happy to be at the last few, I dont have the energy to workout, hoping to restart once on P2.

Headed to Bahamas tomorrow for a 4 day weekend, will be OP, packing my RTDs. Have my official weigh in later this afternoon

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 08:37 AM
One day until my first week's WI! I couldn't wait so I jumped on my digital scale this morning and it reads -11lbs! I really hope its not broke, will find out tomorrow!

I am really excited to get a bag of IP products that I pick! Today and tomorrow I am struggling a through a couple of packets I know I am not going to like. Should have stopped them and checked the bag before I left on my first initial visit!

WI last night. After last week and gaining 0.5lb, early TOM and generally feeling discouraged all week, I lost 2lbs. I can see P2 in my near future!

My coach wants me to get to 30% or less body fat before moving to the next phase, which is 3.3% further...and I would like another 13lbs gone.

These last few weeks have been very slow for me and very frustrating. I have been having a difficult time staying focused. I have been 100% OP but it has been difficult and I have thought about going into P2 earlier just to move on. But, after last night's WI, I feel better and am more focused to lose those last few stubborn pounds and move on in the right mind frame.

Have a great day everyone!

Congrats to both of you!!!

I posted this under the "what to do if you slip up" thread, but I'll put it here too in case the website is of interest to some people.

I was looking for something under my "favourites" and forgot about this link but it may be helpful. (I love when things just "appear" when you need them). It's the link to information on how to handle small and large "slip ups" by the Dr. who created the IP diet -- so we'll assume he knows what he's talking about ;)

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article254

The best advice is to NOT cheat, as it puts you off track for a few days, which adds to the expense of your food and time, and it can be very hard to refocus when you start letting "little cheats" sneak in--I can tell you from experience "restarting" is not easy! So let's stick OP today!

There's also a post somewhere on the forum called The REAL cost of cheating - I don't have time to search for it now but it's a good post!

Sonya, have a great time in the sunshine!!!

Weighed in this morning before getting the minion ready for school - I'm down 1.4lbs! Surprising as I think TOM is paying me an early visit, but I'll take it!!! 3.4lbs to goal!

Dinie89
01-23-2013, 08:54 AM

Congrats - my first bag came with some not so pleasing things either still 3 months later trying to use some of the items up - I was told that it's a standard variety selection to show you different things but everyplace is dif

Nolawhodatchick
01-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Congrats to both of you!!!

There's also a post somewhere on the forum called The REAL cost of cheating - I don't have time to search for it now but it's a good post!

Sonya, have a great time in the sunshine!!!

Weighed in this morning before getting the minion ready for school - I'm down 1.4lbs! Surprising as I think TOM is paying me an early visit, but I'll take it!!! 3.4lbs to goal!

"The REAL cost of cheating" thread is in the FAQ sticky. It's included in the very first post by Suzanne of 3fc (in the faq sticky)

Congrats to everyone on their losses.

WorldTraveleronIP
01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Congratulations to all who posted their losses! I was weighing myself too much last week (first week when the loss is significant) but from experience, I know it won't be the same this week, so I have backed off. My next weigh in is on Sunday morning.

I wish everyone a happy Wednesday OP!

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Congrats on the great WIs!

Congrats - my first bag came with some not so pleasing things either still 3 months later trying to use some of the items up - I was told that it's a standard variety selection to show you different things but everyplace is dif
Ask if you can exchange them. My coach was fine with it.

jenshoopie
01-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Back in the saddle again! Day 2... I have a lot of parties and travel coming up, but I decided I cannot postpone any longer. There will never be a perfect time, so I might as well jump right back in.

This website is so motivating and encouraging. Thank you to all who take the time to post!

ragdoll74
01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Congrats on all the losses!

EPAPRN- Those last few pounds are stubborn! If I see the woosh fairy, I'll send her your way.

sonya- good luck on the weigh in & have fun in the Bahamas! It's been pretty cold here the last few days, I could use a nice tropical vacation right now.

Since last Friday, I've been swapping my dinner and lunch. I haven't had any hunger issues since then, and have more energy in the evenings. It definitely works better with my schedule. I'm up at 5:30 everyday, and don't get home until 4:30-5pm, so I had a loooong day before I could get my dinner in.

Hoping everyone has a great OP day!

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Back in the saddle again! Day 2... I have a lot of parties and travel coming up, but I decided I cannot postpone any longer. There will never be a perfect time, so I might as well jump right back in.

If you wait until the perfect time, you'll never do it. I knew with over 100 lbs to lose, I had to commit to getting thru anything. This has meant football tailgates, winery trips, fall parties, holiday parties, bar with friends, vacations, more parties, festivals, special dinners, special celebrations.

We learn to live without the excess food, and that will make us stronger in maintenance. If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!

I did Atkins 10 years ago and lost 100 lbs. I rarely went "hungry". I sometimes binged. I never learned to "go without". This is very different. I've shocked all my friends at my resolve. No one has seen a cheat. That's because I don't. Nothing is worth the possibility of not getting to goal. I have a goal and nothing/nobody is getting in my way. I am stronger than the food.

Bellamack
01-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Quick post before heading out into the 1 degree -7 windchill weather. brrrr

Lost 1.4 lbs this week, which is great, but just 2 days ago was 2.4 lbs, that is what I get for getting on those scales more than once a week.

Have a great day and I will check in to see how everyone is doing this evening :)

Cheekyskeeter
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
I have to stop weighing myself every day too but it's tough not to as I'm dying to know how I'm doing. Tomorrow is my 2nd WI and I know it's a loss so I'm excited to go.

Bella73123
01-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Yay!! Had a nice 2.6lb loss this week! Very happy! I am now in the 150's and only about 5lbs away from my next mini goal!!

greeniris
01-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Congratulations on all the WIs!!! Great job everyone!

If you wait until the perfect time, you'll never do it. I knew with over 100 lbs to lose, I had to commit to getting thru anything. This has meant football tailgates, winery trips, fall parties, holiday parties, bar with friends, vacations, more parties, festivals, special dinners, special celebrations.

We learn to live without the excess food, and that will make us stronger in maintenance. If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!
I did Atkins 10 years ago and lost 100 lbs. I rarely went "hungry". I sometimes binged. I never learned to "go without". This is very different. I've shocked all my friends at my resolve. No one has seen a cheat. That's because I don't. Nothing is worth the possibility of not getting to goal. I have a goal and nothing/nobody is getting in my way. I am stronger than the food.
Lisa, you are so smart and insightful! We should all have the bolded sentence above tattooed on our foreheads! I believe this was part of my difficulties once I reached maintenance...

Alohakiwi
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
It'll be 3 weeks in tomorrow and my third weigh in :) I can't believe how crappy I've felt these last two days though, really bad nausea. After reading a few posts on here I think I going to cut my cal mag to only 2 a day instead of four. Alsoive had TOM for two weeks straight :/ my coach said it was a good thing, and it's an indication I'm doing the diet properly. Hah she then notified me that it also messes with your birth control. Good to know 3 weeks later!!!

Psycht
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Good morning all! I did my 3rd weigh in and lost 3.2 pounds for a total of 13.6 pounds. This week I did a leap and chose to purchase a suit a size smaller than I am right now. I am hoping in another month or so it will fit :smug:

A1Texan
01-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Very cute Dog on your profile Cheeky. Looks like a boxer. I really love owning my boxers :)

Missdee18
01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
WI last night -2.5, finally I have reached the 50# mark on IP. Coming out of the 180's seemed to take forever, but looking forward to coming out the 170's and into the 160's soon..

Congrats to everyone on their losses...

Nolawhodatchick
01-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Congratulations on all the WIs!!! Great job everyone!

Lisa, you are so smart and insightful! We should all have the bolded sentence above tattooed on our foreheads! I believe this was part of my difficulties once I reached maintenance...

I agree that Lisa's quote about focusing on what we are missing and when we can have it again probably means it's all for naught because truth is for most of us, we can NEVER "have it again" the way we used to unless we don't mind gaining the weight back. It will creep back on, little by little, the same way it did originally to get us where we were before IP. There IS a way to keep the weight off, but it requires restraint and planning. We can have limited amounts of some of the things we used to eat again but only occasionally. One of the frequent "visitors" on the IP board has something on their signature about being able to eat anything they want, but not any amount they want. That is the biggest lesson I am learning about IP, the most important phase is going to be MAINTENANCE for me...learning that when you eat something, how much you eat, which meals you eat it at, all will determine whether I stay at goal or not. I wasn't eating TONS of food to get overweight. Some days I felt like I hardly ate anything yet I was always so hungry...which some days left me confused, in tears, and depressed. I've learned I was eating all the wrong foods in the wrong combinations too many meals in a row. Carb addition is a terrible thing that can leave us constantly hungry.

mrskuby
01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi all! Looks like some great WI's today!
I have been experiencing really bad PMS emotions yesterday and today...I haven't felt like this in years! I'm not one to really have PMS at all normally. I don't know if it's the diet or what but I don't like it! Hopefully it won't reflect on the scale tomorrow...

Sammie12
01-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Great wi's today. I am home sick with a virus that has been going around an cant wait for it too leave. Tomorrow is wi an I'm hoping for a loss. I have been drinking lots of tea & water an hoping to flush out the virus an weight! Hope everyone has a great day & stay warm its 10 degrees here today. I'm soo ready for spring :)

IPdivajen
01-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi all! Just popping in to say hello. Work's been crazy lately (in a good way, but still) so I haven't had much extra time.

Congrats to all on the good WI's - had mine last night and was down 3 so I'll take it. Keep on keepin on!!

Hope everyone has a good day and that anyone near me stays warm. It's FREEZING here right now!!!

ragdoll74
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
mrskuby- it's the diet!

IPdivajen- I'm in awe! That break last year doesn't seem to have affected your rate of weight loss. You rock!

LizJazz
01-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Had my first weigh in today-down 9.8 pounds ;-)
I have been eating 4 packets a day the first week, and was told this week I should only have 3.
Congrats to all I you who weighed in today! Lots to learn from all of you, thanks!!

IPdivajen
01-23-2013, 02:30 PM
:) Thanks! I did gain more than a little bit while I was off plan but learned a lot and almost all of it's gone now thankfully! Looking forward to being back to losing 'for real' again very soon.

Tziri
01-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Congrats to everyone and their losses!

I'm definitely ready for some spring weather too! Too bad it's still a few months away.

kileymed13
01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Congrats on the great WIs!! I just came back from mine and I didn't lose anything. I am good with this though. I have been 100% OP and have added some exercise the past few weeks and work restarted yesterday so I need to find my new routine.

Hope everyone has a great day!

MSEMDEE
01-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Has anyone heard from Wuv lately?
I miss her beautiful smile and her tough Wuv'ing attitude and inspiration.

Have my WI tonight and not feeling like is going to be a good one, I think I am getting the plague. Everyone else in the office has it and they won't stay home. I think that if that is the way they want to be, I will stay home and be happy and they can come to work sick and be miserable. Really!!!! Stay home already!!!! Sorry for the rant.

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Wuv is mostly on FB now. All the cheating/excuses/complaining stressed her out!

Congrats on the great WIs!! I just came back from mine and I didn't lose anything. I am good with this though. I have been 100% OP and have added some exercise the past few weeks and work restarted yesterday so I need to find my new routine.
I've had 0 and nearly 0 loss weeks. Great attitude! You're doing the right thing and a whoosh will happen to those who remain 100% and positive! Best of all? You didn't mention how you needed to tweak anything. Just keep plugging along. It all works out and you know it!

MSEMDEE
01-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Thanks Lisa!
I am sorry to hear that but can certainly understand it.
Congrats on being so close to Onerland as well!
You are certainly an inpiration yourself and so patient with the information you know so well.
I had lurked for months and read for many many hours before taking the plunge into the IP world but that is the kind of person I am, a researcher!

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 04:45 PM
I lurked/read here every day for a month before I jumped in & started IP. But, I guess I did some reading over a year ago, too.
Made excuses back then...

kileymed13
01-23-2013, 05:06 PM
I've had 0 and nearly 0 loss weeks. Great attitude! You're doing the right thing and a whoosh will happen to those who remain 100% and positive! Best of all? You didn't mention how you needed to tweak anything. Just keep plugging along. It all works out and you know it!

Thanks Lisa!! I knew going in to it I was not going to lose much if any. It is amazing how in tune with your body you can become. I will keep plugging along.

pbjerry
01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi! I am new to this forum. I just started IP 15 days ago. I have my 2nd weign in tomorrow. I have to say I have tried many diets in the past (ie. Jenny Craig, WW, South Beach, calorie counting) and this diet is amazing! Like many of you have mentioned, I am absolutely amazed at my lack of cravings (after the first 4 days of course). At my first weigh in I had lost 10 pounds. On my home scale it looks like I've lost more and I'm excited to see what the scale says tomorrow. I am looking forward to the community here to keep me going!

MyTime50
01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi all! Looks like some great WI's today!
I have been experiencing really bad PMS emotions yesterday and today...I haven't felt like this in years! I'm not one to really have PMS at all normally. I don't know if it's the diet or what but I don't like it! Hopefully it won't reflect on the scale tomorrow...

Mrskuby,
Since Scorbett is tooling around town in her new car, I thought I'd chime in on your PMS problem. Our bodies store estrogen in our excess fat cells. When we are dropping pounds quickly that estrogen is released back into our bloodstream. This dumping of estrogen can wreak havoc on our menstrual cycles and cause some major mood swings! Some coaches will tell you to use an alternate method of birth control other than the pill. Even people like you who have never experienced this type of "hormone storm" will be bothered by it.
Just think of it as another sign that the Whoosh Fairy is about to make a visit at your next weigh in! Oh, and you might want to warn your significant other about this before he decides to eat your last strawberry wafer. Mine learned the hard way!!!;)
You are doing great!!! I hope this helps

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Ha! My DH is afraid to eat any veggies in the fridge, LET ALONE any of my IP products! (I keep telling him he only needs to check with me if he's going to use up something)

lumielumes
01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Had my second weigh in today and I am down 5lbs!! Very happy!

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Mrskuby,
Since Scorbett is tooling around town in her new car, I thought I'd chime in on your PMS problem. Our bodies store estrogen in our excess fat cells. When we are dropping pounds quickly that estrogen is released back into our bloodstream. This dumping of estrogen can wreak havoc on our menstrual cycles and cause some major mood swings! Some coaches will tell you to use an alternate method of birth control other than the pill. Even people like you who have never experienced this type of "hormone storm" will be bothered by it.
Just think of it as another sign that the Whoosh Fairy is about to make a visit at your next weigh in! Oh, and you might want to warn your significant other about this before he decides to eat your last strawberry wafer. Mine learned the hard way!!!;)

ROFLMAO :joker::rofl::rofl:

And you are right on both counts :)

MyTime50
01-23-2013, 06:43 PM
ROFLMAO :joker::rofl::rofl:

And you are right on both counts :)
We need a new thread.....What are you driving today?:scooter::moped:
And a Pic of you in it!!!
Good luck! Be safe!

LizJazz
01-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Wuv is mostly on FB now. All the cheating/excuses/complaining stressed her out!

Is there a Fb group too? If so I would like to join.

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 06:51 PM
We need a new thread.....What are you driving today?:scooter::moped:
And a Pic of you in it!!!
Good luck! Be safe!

LOL!!!

Well I'm not driving because I took the picture, but here's the new baby :)

byugrl
01-23-2013, 07:12 PM

CONGRATS TO YOU !!! 3.4 lbs is going to melt off in no time !!!!

virnsky
01-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Congrats on all the weight loss. I have my weigh in tomorrow - can't wait!

MyTime50
01-23-2013, 07:19 PM
LOL!!!

Woohoo!!! Beautiful!! Don't you just love that new car smell!:)

Addy
01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm back for hopefully the last time. My first time using IP was successful and I lost 138lbs in a year, what I didn't learn or take care of was the maintenance and I didn't follow it. Made the excuses of " I deserve this treat after being so good for a year" and " I'll start back next week". So after quitting smoking and going back to bad eating habits I gained it all back in about 2 years.

So, here I go again and I find posting and reading here therapeutic. Yes, it's another long and costly road but I hope I am better prepared for the after diet (product) phase.

I'm usually more of a lurker than chatter but I will still be here.

After 2 weeks I've lost 16lbs and feeling good.
Keep on smiling :)

teacherri
01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Had a good WI today... 3rd WI total 9.5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks.. not dramatic but it's a loss. I am hoping to be down before vacation in 3 weeks. My pants are getting looser and my rings are getting too big! Just started back working out. Can someone tell me - the Protein Plus that Trader Joes carries - does this have same ingredients as the powder drink from ID?

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Woohoo!!! Beautiful!! Don't you just love that new car smell!:)

I do!!!!

I'm back for hopefully the last time. My first time using IP was successful and I lost 138lbs in a year, what I didn't learn or take care of was the maintenance and I didn't follow it. Made the excuses of " I deserve this treat after being so good for a year" and " I'll start back next week". So after quitting smoking and going back to bad eating habits I gained it all back in about 2 years.

So, here I go again and I find posting and reading here therapeutic. Yes, it's another long and costly road but I hope I am better prepared for the after diet (product) phase.

Welcome back, and fantastic first two weeks :) Can't wait to celebrate more successes along the way!

Had a good WI today... 3rd WI total 9.5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks.. not dramatic but it's a loss. I am hoping to be down before vacation in 3 weeks. My pants are getting looser and my rings are getting too big! Just started back working out. Can someone tell me - the Protein Plus that Trader Joes carries - does this have same ingredients as the powder drink from ID?

What's this "not dramatic" crazy talk??? What other diet has let you lose NINE and a half pounds in 17 days??? That's an average of 3.8 pounds per week - well within the "dramatic weight loss" range. Congrats!!

If you mean the GoPure drink mixes by Protein Plus, unfortunately they are much too high in carbs to be comparable to IP drink mixes. Your carb count would have to be 8g per serving or less to line up with IP and these are all way over 17g carbs per serving.

http://www.benefitnutrition.com/gopure-chocolate-supreme.html

IdealProteinNewbie
01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
I do!!!!

Welcome back, and fantastic first two weeks :) Can't wait to celebrate more successes along the way!

What's this "not dramatic" crazy talk??? What other diet has let you lose NINE and a half pounds in 17 days??? That's an average of 3.8 pounds per week - well within the "dramatic weight loss" range. Congrats!!

If you mean the GoPure drink mixes by Protein Plus, unfortunately they are much too high in carbs to be comparable to IP drink mixes. Your carb count would have to be 8g per serving or less to line up with IP and these are all way over 17g carbs per serving.

http://www.benefitnutrition.com/gopure-chocolate-supreme.html

Ditto what Scorbett said, however I know most Trader Joe's carry Pure Protein ready to drink shakes, those are fine!

bubbleblower
01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
LOL!!!

Congrats! (And congrats on being so close to goal!!)

You're off to a good start!!! Keep it up!

Had a good WI today... 3rd WI total 9.5lbs in 2 1/2 weeks.. not dramatic but it's a loss. I am hoping to be down before vacation in 3 weeks. My pants are getting looser and my rings are getting too big!

I'm with Scorbett! Sounds pretty dramatic to me!! Congrats!

teacherri
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Ditto what Scorbett said, however I know most Trader Joe's carry Pure Protein ready to drink shakes, those are fine!

Actually they are the RTD shakes... Heading back to TJ's to get more tomorrow - now that I am working out again, my coach suggested I drink an additional protein drink before working out. :-)

IP43
01-23-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm back for hopefully the last time. ...So, here I go again and I find posting and reading here therapeutic. Yes, it's another long and costly road but I hope I am better prepared for the after diet (product) phase.

WELCOME BACK Addy! You know you can be successful, and you know what you need to "Get 'er dun!" and we'll look forward to hearing good advice from you to help us along the way too. I'm always inspired by people who have persisted and lost that much. I know you're P.O.'d that you let yourself slip back to old ways, but we've all said that now -- there is no "old way" after IP. You have to change that mindset. I've just discovered I may become a caveman! LOL (Just looking into Paleo/Primal diet info shared on a diff thread)

byugrl
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
LOL!!!

Nice !!! CONGRATS !

IP43
01-23-2013, 09:40 PM
LOL!!!

I had to back up a page to find this because I thought when I first read it you were pregnant! LOL....

Now I see it's a very SHINY baby, but congrats anyway! :) I just won't be sendin' ya a new outfit with pom poms on it -- unless you want some pom-poms to dangle from the mirror or off the antenna??:p

mrskuby
01-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Mrskuby,

Thank you for the explanation!! I thought it might have something to do with the diet...Luckily I don't need to worry about birth control...Hubby noticed I was on edge yesterday so he behaved very well! :D

Ha! My DH is afraid to eat any veggies in the fridge, LET ALONE any of my IP products! (I keep telling him he only needs to check with me if he's going to use up something)

My hubby eats my pickles so I bought the biggest jug of pickles i could find! :p

Had my second weigh in today and I am down 5lbs!! Very happy!

Awesome!!!:carrot::cb::broc:

Hi! I am new to this forum. I just started IP 15 days ago. I have my 2nd weign in tomorrow. I have to say I have tried many diets in the past (ie. Jenny Craig, WW, South Beach, calorie counting) and this diet is amazing! Like many of you have mentioned, I am absolutely amazed at my lack of cravings (after the first 4 days of course). At my first weigh in I had lost 10 pounds. On my home scale it looks like I've lost more and I'm excited to see what the scale says tomorrow. I am looking forward to the community here to keep me going!

10 lbs!!! Hope you have another good WI!!:D

Welcome back!!! You quit smoking so you made some progress while you were gone! Now you know exactly what to do to lose the weight! You got this!!!

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 09:47 PM
I had to back up a page to find this because I thought when I first read it you were pregnant! LOL....

Now I see it's a very SHINY baby, but congrats anyway! :) I just won't be sendin' ya a new outfit with pom poms on it -- unless you want some pom-poms to dangle from the mirror or off the antenna??:p

LOL thanks! No more babies for me, I am ready to reclaim at least a little of my sleep :)

And I would TOTALLY dangle some pom poms from my mirror!!!

byugrl
01-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Evening all !

I am still fighting the "crud". :( I am getting all my food in finally. I am fixing to start a busy 3 weeks at work! I would really like to feel better. YEA on all the losses !!!!

De11s
01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
:cp:WooooHoooo!! Finally earned my ticker and down 1.8 at my WI very near 20 lbs down in 7 weeks....bring on week 8!!! Its a beautiful day!

IP43
01-23-2013, 10:37 PM
:cp:WooooHoooo!! Finally earned my ticker and down 1.8 at my WI very near 20 lbs down in 7 weeks....bring on week 8!!! Its a beautiful day!

Just listenin' to Michael Buble in your honour... It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life... and I'm feelin' good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edwsf-8F3sI

De11s
01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
So I guess I didn't save my signature. Round 2 now I hope my ticker shows... so excited!

De11s
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Just listenin' to Michael Buble in your honour... It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life... and I'm feelin' good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edwsf-8F3sI

<3 it!

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 11:02 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMG

I just checked my BMI since my weigh in today...

Trina M
01-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Congratulations to everyone for sticking with the plan and losing. I will be going for WI #3 tomorrow and am very excited. Hoping to be able to get back to the gym and do some light toning. I find IP amazing. I was on weight watchers for 5 months befor and in order to see results had to work out hard. I'm learning a new way to eat and soon tone. I have lost a total of 18.2 lbs (2nd WI) and hope that I show results tomorrow. I was frustrated with WW because I am heavy and was extremely disappointed with the results. From my research they made too many changes to their points plans. When I didn't work out and ate my points I would either gain or maintain. That is what I love about this plan. I'm never hungry and I don't do anything and lose. I assume that with the excercising I plan to incorporate I may lose at a slower rate but will tone and still lose inches. I'm very aware as to do 1/3 of what I normally have done. I also plan to have my coach guide me as to what do start off with and the level of exercise. Anyone that has done this and has advice, I would appreciate the feedback. Have a great nite!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-23-2013, 11:22 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMG

That is so wonderful; congratulations! I am so looking forward to that! YAY for you and your success!:)

De11s
01-23-2013, 11:26 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMG

AWESOME!! Congratulations!:encore:

MSEMDEE
01-23-2013, 11:27 PM
WI tonight and down another 1.2 lbs, yeeehhaaawwwwww! Off to change my ticker.

Suzali
01-23-2013, 11:35 PM

I'm patiently waiting to earn my ticker. I know each day on IP is one day closer to a ticker I'm happy to display.

Reading through all the posts I wish there was a "like" or "love it!" button I could hit. :hug:

IP43
01-23-2013, 11:57 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMG

Now I have to think of a song for YOU and my brain is toooo tired. How 'bout "Dynomite" (not of the JJ Walker sit com!) or maybe "Fireworks" by Katie Perry, 'cause you're HOT and rockin' this!

Congrats!

jenshoopie
01-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Thank you Lisa. Very wise... It is about focus and perpective.

whytokay
01-24-2013, 12:46 AM
I looked in the Ultimate List sticky at the top and the only phase 2 sheet I saw was from January 2012. Is this the most accurate phase 2 sheet?

ladylunk
01-24-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm patiently waiting to earn my ticker. I know each day on IP is one day closer to a ticker I'm happy to display.

Reading through all the posts I wish there was a "like" or "love it!" button I could hit. :hug:

I was just wishing that as well! Lot's of great results, good support, and nice things said.

ladylunk
01-24-2013, 12:58 AM
IP43 - Just saw your post yesterday. That's great your boys are learning all those things. Mine is going on his first hunting trip next year. I hope he is ready. He loves loves fishing. I see you are a Canuck. Me too west coast.

scorbett1103
01-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Now I have to think of a song for YOU and my brain is toooo tired. How 'bout "Dynomite" (not of the JJ Walker sit com!) or maybe "Fireworks" by Katie Perry, 'cause you're HOT and rockin' this!

Congrats!

LOL!!!! OF course now I have JJ Walker in my head.

I looked in the Ultimate List sticky at the top and the only phase 2 sheet I saw was from January 2012. Is this the most accurate phase 2 sheet?

Yes, that's the most recent, the phase 1 sheet is the only one updated within the last 6 months.

The ONLY difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2 is that in P2 you replace your lunchtime packet with 6-8oz of protein, just like at dinner.