Ideal Protein Diet - First weigh-in!!!

View Full Version : First weigh-in!!!

clarksgirl
01-22-2013, 09:23 PM
I had my first weigh-in today! I am down 8 lbs!!!:carrot: However, I weighed myself at home this morning with clothes on and before all the food and water during the day, and I had lost 10 lbs! I know this is my true weight because I weighed myself 1 hour prior to my evening appointment and my scale is dead on with their scale. So for now I am going to go with my scale this morning. My next appointment will be in the morning so I will believe that weight better. Is anyone else this anal with proper time of the day weigh in? I know it doesn't matter in the end, but it just looks better on paper and in my head! ;)

Suzali
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I had my first weigh-in today! I am down 8 lbs!!!:carrot: However, I weighed myself at home this morning with clothes on and before all the food and water during the day, and I had lost 10 lbs! I know this is my true weight because I weighed myself 1 hour prior to my evening appointment and my scale is dead on with their scale. So for now I am going to go with my scale this morning. My next appointment will be in the morning so I will believe that weight better. Is anyone else this anal with proper time of the day weigh in? I know it doesn't matter in the end, but it just looks better on paper and in my head! ;)

Congratulations and good job!! I know exactly what you mean about the timing of when you weigh. :o

bubbleblower
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Congrats on the loss. I know my scale is accurate, so I use my own scale for the "official" weight. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, with no clothing and prior to eating breakfast. Otherwise there's too much potential for major variations that are irrelevant.

Katkat
01-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Congrats! Doesn't that first weigh in make you do proud! Keep it up!

IP43
01-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I take whichever scale says the best! LOL... but the reality is, if I "swooned" mid-day and had to be picked up and carried by a gallant knight, I'd be dressed, and have eaten, so that's your "reality" weight. When mid day, or end of day, says below 200, I'll be thrilled! But I'll take the 199.6 I got this morning in the best o' conditions.

My coach's scale was 5 pounds higher. Her scale sucks. LOL

Betterthings
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Way to go!!!! I go with what my scale says first thing in the morning.

llmw1951
01-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Congratulations! I weigh first thing in the morning, after peeing, nude.

chubbiegurl
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM
I usually weigh about 30 mins after waking, befor eating. If I weigh immediately after waking I seem to be a pound more versus waiting. In the afternoon I will shoot up as much as 4 lbs. Go with the weigh in u feel comfortable with. Congrats on the 10 lbs

goldilocksinct
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Congratulations on your first weigh in! :cp:

WorldTraveleronIP
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Congratulations! I weigh first thing in the morning, after peeing, nude.

I second that :)

Ilovesugar
01-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Congrats on your first week weight loss. I too go by my scale at home. It's actually a 6lb difference and it has been every week.... So weird how scales can all be so different! Keep up the good work!!!

disgal
01-23-2013, 05:22 AM
Awesome! Awesome! Way to go!! Keep up the great work!:carrot:

I also take my "home in the morning" weight as my official weight! That scale was with me before IP and it will be with me long after I'm done with IP!:D

clarksgirl
01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Glad to hear I am not the only one! :) I actually weighed myself this morning again just to be sure and I am actually down 12 pounds!!!:D Thanks everyone! I love this diet and I have no plans of going off of it anytime soon! No cheating here!

Bellamack
01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Congrats and yes I am a first thing, naked weigher! lol

Dolemite
01-23-2013, 09:50 AM

:carrot: Gratz! :carrot:

Going in for mine tomorrow, can't wait!

mightbe
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Congrats on a great loss :goodscale

BeccaGrim
01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS. And, yes, I am the same way with weighing in and the scale!

sdejager
01-23-2013, 01:19 PM
when you guys talk about a "weigh in" do you mean every day? Or when you go to your coach and weigh in?

kdspirited
01-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Congratulations! great job on the weigh in

virnsky
01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Congratulations!!! Wow, those are great numbers. Morning weigh-ins are much better.

California Kathy
01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
I agree with you. After we've had water and food, the scale is going to show the actual weight of THAT. I think it does matter, at least in my head, to see the actual weight at it's lowest, with my eyeballs, on the scale. So I weigh myself first thing in the morning with no clothes on, before I take even a drink of water. I LOVE seeing the numbers lower and lower.

scorbett1103
01-24-2013, 01:13 AM
when you guys talk about a "weigh in" do you mean every day? Or when you go to your coach and weigh in?

You will probably see this a lot on the forum - but you should NOT weigh in every day on Ideal Protein. Weight fluctuates by a few pounds over the course of a single day as well as over the course of a week. Daily weights will not give you an accurate picture of where your weight is trending. Whether you weigh in with a coach, or at home - you should check your weight once per week, at approximately the same time of day every week. The scale is a trend tracker, not judge and jury :)

jeffiner
01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
My coaches scale is about 8 lbs less than mine,so i am keeping track on my scale . Im a twice a day weigher..first thing in morning..last thing at night..I actually look forward to it and like to track it..I know we are not "supposed" to but really isn't it just personal preference?

bubbleblower
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
My coaches scale is about 8 lbs less than mine,so i am keeping track on my scale . Im a twice a day weigher..first thing in morning..last thing at night..I actually look forward to it and like to track it..I know we are not "supposed" to but really isn't it just personal preference?

The concern with weighing more than once a week is that you could have daily fluctuations that could be misinterpreted as a true weight gain, and thus get discouraged and lose motivation to stay OP.

That said, I too am a daily weigher and can't break the habit (and don't really want to). What I do to ease any frustration with normal fluctuations is to only *record* my weight once a week. So, for instance, that pound I put on today really doesn't count since my WI was yesterday. ;)

Sammie12
01-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Congratulations on your first wi!! I am a morning wi as well. I weigh in with my coach in the morning as well on Thursdays. My scale & her varies about a 1 or 2 lbs.

clarksgirl
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM

When I talk about "weigh-ins" I am talking about when we weigh with our coach, I believe everyone else is too. I am with most of you as well! I know it's not "proper" to be doing it, but I love weighing my self every morning, if not, every evening as well... it just keeps me going. I don't find discouragment in it, I see it as knowing what I put in my body and different times of the day does to my number on the scale. This morning I am actually down 14 lbs!!! :)

alexmichelle05
01-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Congratulations on your first week, that is an awesome loss! I try not to weigh myself during the week.. Mostly because it seems like my scale at home is always different then the one my coach has! Also I always book my weigh ins right in the morning and don't eat or drink before so its pretty accurate.

lookinfor170
02-01-2013, 09:01 AM
I have to admit that, while I do love to weigh myself every morning, it DOES mess with my head when I "feel" lighter and healthier....and then the morning scale says I've gained. I do my best to "shake it off" and keep on keeping on. :)

Oh! By the way--AWESOME first week weigh in to the original poster!