Metabolic Research Center - I'm back!!!

View Full Version : I'm back!!!

meazie
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Heya! Iím back! :D

I fell off track in October and struggled to find motivation through the holidays. I have a co-worker that is on maintenance at my same center. She and I were emailing recently and she asked how I was doing. I couldnít find a good excuse why I was off-program so I got in my car right then and drove over to my center. The center manager was wonderful and gave me back the 6 weeks that I missed, which was great since I put almost all of the weight that I had lost back on. They started a 21-day challenge and I joined that too. Iím on day 14 (which included 4 days of per-conditioning) and Iím chugging right along, having said good bye to 5 lbs already.

I was at Davidís Bridal this weekend to look for a dress with my Mom and it was a horror show of mirrors. I know I'm overweight but I didn't think I looked *that* bad. Well, I didn't like at all what I saw in those mirrors so I'm using that as a motivator to stay on track too. You see, my sister is getting married in October and I have this dress that both haunts and motivates me. Itís a size 14 from H&M so it shouldnít be that far from fitting. (Iím normally a 16-18) But even her skinny bridesmaids are finding their size 2ís and 4ís to be tight too. Itís bad enough that Iíll be a 41-year old bridesmaid with a bunch of barely 30-year oldÖso Iíd at least better be looking good!

Not every day is perfect but Iím focusing on one good choice at a time. :) Iím adding in more exercise and even got up early to work out in the morning.

I'm looking forward to catching up with those I know who are still around, and getting to know the newer members too. :)

Dcar
01-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Good luck!

Work In Progress
01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Welcome back meazie! I look forward to getting to know you too and traveling this journey together.

rwquilts
01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Welcome back. I'm maintaining at this point and very surprised that the scale doesn't change when I eat things in moderation that I believe to be nit the best choices for me.

skelley331
01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey meazie you can do it, you did it before you can do it again!!! I'm in maintenance now, hard to believe!! Went in to maintenance jan 4th, still doing great! Just remember we are all here to support you in good or bad!!! :hug:

meazie
01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Hey meazie you can do it, you did it before you can do it again!!! I'm in maintenance now, hard to believe!! Went in to maintenance jan 4th, still doing great! Just remember we are all here to support you in good or bad!!! :hug:

Congrats on making it to maintenance! SO proud of you!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

lunarsongbird
01-24-2013, 08:01 PM
Meazie- I'm going to the Colorado Springs MRC. Are you anywhere nearby? ;)

meazie
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Meazie- I'm going to the Colorado Springs MRC. Are you anywhere nearby? ;)

I'm actually live up North in FTC so I go to that one. But my hubby is from Co Springs.

lunarsongbird
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
I like it here in the Springs. My center is great. I was just in FTC last weekend! Want to go back when the tree are green.

meazie
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
I like it here in the Springs. My center is great. I was just in FTC last weekend! Want to go back when the tree are green.

Well let me know when you come up again and maybe we can meet for a walk around City Park Lake :)