30-Somethings - 30 Somethings Daily Chat

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 30 Somethings Daily Chat

BeachBreeze2010
01-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Hey there! I'd love to get this thread going again. If anyone wants to join in, feel free! It's just a daily check in and conversation about life, how weight loss fits into our lives and how we manage it as 30 somethings. We have a lot of newbies, so I'll re-introduce myself. I'm 33 years old, live in Ohio, am a divorced mom of 2 girls age 11 and 12. I live with the best DB anyone could ask for and work out of the home. I have spent most of my 20s overweight, joined 3FC in 2009, but finally experienced significant, lasting weight loss upon my divorce in 2011. I'm still trying to finish this thing but have lost 67lbs so far. I am a calorie counter that is mostly vegan and avoids processed foods as much as I reasonably can. I exercise about 3 to 5 times per week - running, elliptical, lifting, zumba, anything that makes me sweat!

How was your day? What foods make you successful? How do you manage to incorporate a healthy lifestyle with your busy 30 something schedule?

I look forward to "meeting" all of you and cheering each other on!

coffeeshopgirl
01-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi Annie!

I could certainly use a daily chat/check-in thread - thanks for starting it again!

A little about me: I'm 30, recently married, no kids yet, husband in law school, and I work full time in a lab. I've been at this weight loss thing for about a year - learning, listening to podcasts, prepping my meals. It's been a process figuring out what works for me. I found it starts with my stress level in check, prepping my meals and calorie counting, then exercise. I lost about 4 pounds just before the holidays, but then a string of holidays, wedding, honeymoon, and a NYE party severely set me back.

Now, I'm trying so hard to get back on track, and i'm realizing how hard it is. I've been prepping my meals (and got the husband on board with meal prepping) but i've still been snacking later at night. It's usually around 9pm that want to snack, and I've been a bit down because of it. I think I need to move my after dinner snack (a grapefruit or tuna fish spread on triscuits) to 8pm so that I'm not tempted to eat an unplanned snack around 9.

How did your holidays go? Did you stay on track with your calories? If so - congrats and HOW did you manage, lol? If not - what helps you get back on track?

Nice to meet you!

Ross111104
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Oh I am so excited about the chat. I just want somewhere to check in without it being a specific topic. I am new here. I am 32. I am married. I have two kids three and 18 months. I have never really calorie counted before but I think that is going to be the key to my success this time. I have some serious issues in regards to food that I have discovered after really trying to loose weight. I am struggling with consistency. I think if I could commit and stick to it for a long period if time the. I would be okay. Okay. I will stop my rant (for now) lol.

coffeeshopgirl
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi Ross! I agree that consistency is the key to sticking to the calorie counts.

Here are a few things that help me with my weekly meal prep:

1. Tupperware containers
2. Crock pot meals
3. Veggies - carrots, cucumbers, zucchini
4. Cold cuts, sandwich stuff

On Sunday I will make a crock pot of something - chili, pot roast w veggies, ham bean soup, chicken soup - and when it's done I will portion out 3-4 helpings for me and the rest goes to the family for lunches, quick dinners, etc. Then, I make 4-5 sandwiches for me (I've also done this for the husband and his brother/our roommate). Finally, I'll chop up a bunch of carrots, cucs, and zucchini into veggie sticks and place them into either containers or plastic baggies. I take oatmeal to work with me for breakfast. It take a while at first, but now I can do it in an hour and I'm prepped for the week. I have veggie snacks (I've also portioned out cottage cheese or greek yogurt for snacks), two different lunch options (choose one for the day), and a possible quick dinner if I'm busy in the evening.

Good luck and let me know if I can help with the calories counting/food prep!

vmo1
01-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Hey girls! I'm not 30 but getting close. I've been married for 5 years now, the same weight (within a few lbs of water weight) for all of them. I'm ready to say I no longer fit into my wedding dress!

I dabble with calorie counting, some weeks are better than others. Breakfast and lunches are usually pretty on target but I struggle with eating too large dinners and boredom snacking in the evenings. Over the holidays I got used to having a cookie with my tea at night and have been working to break the habit. It got so if I had tea I craved cookies.

I try to get in 5 workouts a week to varied degrees of success, but 2013 is feeling like a great year to make some changes!

Good luck all!

Ross111104
01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Vmo- you are better than me. I am tempted to lurk around the 20 something board because I tell everybody I'm 27. I think I'm going to be 27 until I'm 40. Then I can be 30! On here though I can fess up to my true age. But you are more than welcome be with us!!!
Coffee shop- you are on it girl. If only I could get so organized. So here is the thing. At work I am ok. I am running around so much that I have to make an appointment to eat. I give myself a little wiggle room for my calories for dinner. Now the two issues are mindlessly snacking at night. And completely getting off track on the weekend. I will graze myself into oblivion. And then when I know u have gotten off course for the day I am like f&@$ it! Mind as well keep going. Ughh. If I could commit to not eatin anything but dinner and truly calorie counting on te weekend I think I would see some progress.

Kiz
01-23-2013, 03:23 AM
Hi Ladies!

Nice to meet you all, I will pop in here, but not every day if that's ok?

Well I'm single, and trying to get fit and lose weight and then horror of all horrors dating too! (Sober dating since I am not drinking at the moment because of health kick - so that is even more stressful lol). Oh and I am trying to start a clothing line with my friend. So at the moment I am trying to work out manufacturing in china. And obviously I have a day job.

I am good at the exercise, I train 1-2 times a day most days, but terrible with the food! I am also not great at checking in to this every day.

If anyone else has advice for how to date while losing weight that would really help. My experience is dating makes you fat, all those romantic nights drinking wine/cocktails in fabulous places, sharing deserts and trying out all the restaurants you always wanted to but never got around to. It's all eating, eating and more eating!

Last night I went on a 3 hour coffee date with a very promising guy. He is a hard core rock climber and his body is rediculous... I am like hum.... I want you to be naked, all the time :carrot:, I just don't want to have to get naked too until I have the female equivalent of your body:tantrum:... and it's safe to say that's gonna take a while:D. He's away for work for two weeks though, how is that for incentive!!

(By the way, just to clarify, neither of us was naked on the date... it was just something that crossed my mind once or twice during the course of it;))

I may have enjoyed the emoticons a bit much in that message! Sorry!

That might be a strange introduction message, I'm not really a hussy! Promise!

Betba
01-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Hey Everyone! I'm a 33 yo married SAHM to a 10yo boy. =) I'm calorie counting and I really enjoy it!
I'm calorie restricting (I love it!) I'm using the lose it app. I find a lot of my inspiration on Instagram of all places!
Lately, I'm finding myself to be hungry (need more protein to my diet?). I'm falling in a rut of mundane eating and not enough protein.

BeachBreeze2010
01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Wow! Such a great turnout! YAY! So glad to "meet" all of you!

Coffeeshop - You are so organized! It does help. When I have it together like that, I do so much better. I take prepackaged oatmeal to work and keep a big tub of protein powder in my desk drawer for post-workout. We have a free onsite gym so I try to go several days a week. Usually remembering my gym clothes helps me remember my food, too. On days when I don't plan ahead as well, I end up at the salad bar at work which is a danger zone of processed meats and cheese - and $$, too! I gorged myself silly during the holidays. No restraint whatsoever. I managed to get up to 173lbs and once Christmas came, I couldn't wait to get the holidays behind me and lose weight. I've been pretty aggressive with my exercise and eating these past few weeks and am down 10lbs a month later. I'm sure that a lot of that was water from eating salty foods. 5lbs next month would be great. The holidays are still hard for me as I struggle to adjust to sharing my kids.

Ross - You have little ones! That always makes it hard. You aren't just planning for yourself, but everything they eat also. When you figure out the consistency thing, let me know! I have come to accept that I will never be consistent - just hope that I have it together more often than not. Midnight and weekend eating...hmmm....I would suggest instead of stopping the snacking at first, just switch to something that's low calorie but high volume. Maybe carrot sticks if you want crunch or cucumber slices and salsa (one of my favorites) or make a veggie-only salad, then pair it with some healthy protein and fiber - maybe mix in some black beans to your salsa or dip the carrots in hummus? And look at the first part of your day and make sure you're not going to lean and then having your body backfire on you later. Or, try some hot tea and distraction! Take up knitting or crocheting in the evenings? Get on the computer or play a game with the kiddos.

vmo - Maybe "allow" the cookie based on your day's calorie planning? Sometimes I think it's about balance. If you really want the cookie/tea experiencing to wind down, portion control and savor the cookie and budget for it. That might work out better than cutting it out, leaving you anxious and wanting a whole sleeve of cookies.

kiz - I feel your pain!! Dating is so hard anyway and doing it while trying to lose weight is especially awkward. I was going through a big weight loss at the time that I met my boyfriend and he must have thought I was crazy in the beginning. My pants were always loose, so I was either pulling them up all the time or going shopping constantly. He's a "foodie" and loves to cook and eat and I stared at him blankly when he asked me what I liked. Ummm....I don't eat?? And then, there's the loose skin that made me very insecure. I finally leveled with him after a couple months and he seemed relieved at the information like he thought it was worse. Now, he cooks healthy foods for me and has so many great meal ideas that I feel like I have my own private chef. When we first started dating, we didn't center our activities on food. We went out for drinks and talked (I could budget a couple light beers or diet coke and rum), went for walks at the park, went bowling, went to movies, then later went to friends' houses and hung out, went to BW3s for football (again, I could control what I ate/drank), etc. I actually am glad that we stepped out of the traditional food box because we had a lot of fun. It was cheaper, too!

betba - Welcome to 3FC and this thread!! I'd say the same thing as for Ross - try to increase your food volume on low calorie foods and add in lean protein/dense fiber to keep you full. I use my fitness pal on the computer and my phone. I love it!

I had a great run yesterday. I've been running for a song, walking for a song, etc and yesterday I felt so good that I just ran through for 20 minutes, but then my knee started hurting. I guess that's a reminder that I am a 30 something and can't just dive into a fitness routine. I'll take it slower and am probably on the elliptical most of this week because of it. Yuck! We got a kinect for our family Christmas present and this past weekend, I bought Just Dance 4 and my girls loved it. They come home to me tonight and I am looking forward to family exercise time. I get a little frustrated because they eat junk at dad's house and aren't active, but at least I can model healthy foods and activities for them. It's hard, though. He doesn't understand what it's like to be an overweight teenage girl and wants to please them by letting them have all of these things. Oh well....staying positive...neither one of them has a weight problem now.

Have a great day everyone!

vmo1
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Wow, Beachbreeze! You are brimming with good ideas. Cucumber and salsa sounds so delicious. Sidebar-Are you near a Trader Joe's? I love guac and usually end up mixing it with sour cream or greek yogurt when I put it on fajitas, etc. They have a reduced guilt guac that is already mixed with greek yogurt and it is incredibly delicious. The funny thing with me and the cookie-I don't have a sweet tooth. I never actually enjoyed it! My body just got conditioned to having it so I ate it out of habit.

Kiz-what if you had some more physical dates? (That might have sounded bad...) Maybe you could ask the rockclimber to give you some pointers or something. You get bonding time and a good workout in before you have dinner.

Ross-Weekend eater here too! Forgot about that one. One of these days I will figure out how to balance the relaxation mode of nights and weekends with keeping the stricter eating schedule of the days. And when I will do I'll write a tell all book that makes millions. :-P

Ross111104
01-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Kiz! You cracked me up! I was literally laughing out loud! Then your emoticon for him being naked was phallic! I don't know if you did that on purpose or if my mind is in the gutter! I totally hear what you are saying about dating and eating. I am married and even though my husband and I like to do the active things its always accompanied by dinner. Dinner and bowling. Dinner and gokarting etc. and I don't know about you guys but if I am Eating at a resteraunt I am not dieticially mature enough to order a salad or some skimpy meal! Maybe I will get there but.... If I'm eating out I am EATING FOR REAL! That's horrible I know. But oh so true.

Beach breeze- the comorehensiveness of your email is great! Wow. I think I am going to try some of the snacks. I think my mind needs to be reset because thinking about some carrots for a snack makes me mad. I don't want no stinkin carrots I want a snack! Lol!! I think the cucumbers and salsa does sound pretty good though.

Ross111104
01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
You know I was thinking this morning after going last night without snacking last night. "I don't have to be miserable because I'm not eating." Like seriously. When I think about the fact that I can't snack at night I get sad like I am missing out on something. Or dreading after dinner because I know I can't eat. But why? Because I am completely consumed by food. I think about it all the time. Oh I could go on and on about how this losing weight for me is truly a mind game that I am playing with myself. I talk to myself all the time about why I feel it's okay to disappoint myself because of food.

I also had an epiphany. This whole weight loss thing is really treatment for an addiction. Many of us may not think of ourselves as addicted to food but when you can't be consistent with it then it has to be some form of addiction right? Then I went on to think about how it's not like any other addiction because you can't "detox" or go "cold turkey" because we have to eat! How torturous is that!? Ok I'm done for now with my rant lol!!

vmo1
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
My poor beautiful new car!!! I got T-Boned leaving the gym. :'( We had some really bad weather and the roads were slick. He couldn't stop in time. Thank goodness I was stopped and he was only going 10-15 mph so neither of us were hurt. But still! It's not even 5 months old.

I know it's not weight loss related, but had to post and vent a bit. I'm just sick over it. Taking it to get an appraisal tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too bad...

Kiz
01-23-2013, 09:46 PM
vmo - Argh that is awful about the car! Happy to hear no one was hurt though!
Believe me I am hoping that future dates with Mr Rock Climber are more physical ;) (yes my mind is still in the gutter too ha). I have a bit of an old leg injury (slight understatement - I have an ankle replacement ha) which I haven't yet in our long, one date relationship brought up yet hehe I am not 100% sure if it will be a bit crap for rock climbing or really rubbish as I haven't been rock climbing before. Mr Rock Climber is also a hard core out doors on actual rocks, rock climber, and I'm not even sure if there is a climbing wall anywhere near here that might be more forgiving than an actual rock. I am sure there are other things we could do (:carrot:?;)) we are both rather adventure sport people, I am sure there must be something we overlap in - except for cycling because he didn't bring his bike over here with him, which is a shame because I cycle 4 times a week. Doh.

Ross: Good to hear you had a giggle. Yes the carrot, was intentional, and appropriate I felt haha.I am totally with you on if I'm eating out I am EATING! That may be something I should be working on... hum...

BeachBreeze: sounds like your boyfriend is fantastic! Own private Chef!?! Does he have a brother? :D Fortunately I don't have any loose skin so far - oh man that would be even more stressful! That is awesome that you just got out there and wowed him anyway:dancer:

Ok so with Mr Rock Climber, or whoever else if that doesn't work out, I will look for activity dates and try to not eat the whole time! It must be possible to date and not get fat!

On a side note, the mum's out there are super impressive, I only have me to look after and I still can't sort it out, you have a whole family to sort as well!

And because this is an anonymous internet forum, and I started on such a classy note anyway, you are gonna get my best question. Is it only me or since losing weight and improving your diet has everyone else become MASSIVELY hornier?!? I mean Mr Rock Climber is really going to be onto a good thing if we get to bed... because it's rediculous, it's like I am what I imagine being a 14 year old boy is like! :o:D I mean are all your husbands/boyfriends the happiest men around town? Or am I the only one who is facing this problem?!? and I only say problem because I am currently single!!! Otherwise this is quite frankly a bonus, sex burns calories and it's certainly fun... I am not complaining! But you have to laugh at being single at this exact moment right... life is not fair sometimes (yes I am playing the worlds smallest violin!)

Sorry for taking this thread down into the gutter!

BeachBreeze2010
01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
kiz - lololol!!! You might be on to something there! I think with weight loss comes more body confidence. When you feel sexier, you want it more. I bet Mr. Rock Climber (funny how we are giving him a nickname when I do the same things with my girlfriends when we talk about guys we are dating) would appreciate more physical (both kind ;) ) dates, too. At least don't go somewhere and just sit. Even when I go to a bar, I want to play pool, throw darts, dance, whatever. I get bored really quickly just sitting especially if the music is loud. Sigh...yeah...DB is great. He doesn't cook every meal for me, but a lot of them. He plans them and looks up healthy recipes and goes grocery shopping with me. Maybe this is the (pre) honeymoon phase, but I'll take it! (He's hot, too! ;) :carrot: lol) He has two brothers...lol

vmo1 - aww man!!! That stinks!!! I'm sorry. It always seems to happen with new cars. When I have an old beater that I'm dying for someone to wreck for me - nope.

Ross - I am so there with you!! I've said that before. It's totally an addiction. Like you said, people that smoke or are alcoholics (not to take away from those addictions) can completely stop, but we still have to eat. I think for that reason, I do best when I completely eliminate certain foods (processed foods, diet soda, junk foods, etc.) rather than try to budget them in my calorie log. That just never seems to work for me. It keeps me thinking about the junk like I'm in a trance waiting for another 100 calories to spend.

Did the elliptical today - it didn't hurt my knee at all. I want to run tomorrow but should probably give it another day. :( <pouting>

There's a concert I want to go to Saturday night (no kid weekend) but it's going to be weird to go and not drink. Alcohol is a major food trigger for me. It's not just the calories in what I drink, but suddenly I turn into a human vacuum cleaner and eat everything in sight. Sigh...not sure what to do. Allow a splurge night or go and not drink? For a regular night out (even to a bar), I can go and have 2 beers and I'm fine, but a concert?? I want to rock out!! Hmph! Thoughts?

alaskanlaughter
01-26-2013, 09:54 PM
hi all :) i just found this thread on here...i'm in my 30s and the mother of two boys, ages 15 and 6, and married...i work full time managing an after-school childcare program...ive been actively working to lose weight for almost two years now and i'm right at the 50-pounds lost milestone....i saw it on the scale!!! and then promptly saw a jump due to impending TOM, sinus infection, antibiotics and possibly our anniversary dinner lol....so now i'm working on eating healthy and waiting out TOM and the infection for the scale to go back down again

i work out almost daily at the nearby gym....i run on the treadmill and work on intervals, incline and speed....i will never be someone who can run steadily for minutes on end due to my asthma...so it's "run/walk/run some more" rinse and repeat for as long as i feel like going...

today is the first day in 2 weeks that i havent had major pain in my face from my sinuses...it's also my 3rd day on plan and i'm aiming for 10 straight days on plan (because i get soooo sidetracked sometimes)....my plan is 1400-1500 total calories per day no matter what i burn in exercise, low-sugar and low-wheat....

last night i was so hungry when i went to bed that i dreamed of eating my veggie steamer packet of peas LOL and then dreamed about stuffing my face at a restaurant with fried chicken that the waiter kept trying to take away from me LOL

today, since it's saturday, i did the usual round of house-cleaning, laundry, paying bills, taking recycling out and major grocery shopping....younger son has a friend over for the night and older son is at a friend's house for the night

Kiz
01-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Alaskanlaughter: 50 pounds!! That is awersome! Congrats!
If you enjoy it, swimming really helps with asthma. Might be cool to join a masters swim club near you.

Beachbreeze: sorry for potentially killing the thread hehe seems people don't want to chat about how horny or not they are hehe sounds like DB is pretty fantastic! Let's hope Mr Rock Climber steps up to the plate or I might have to get the details of DBs brothers from you haha it is seeming promising with Mr Rock Climber though, have had a few chats since he's been away. And are catching up when he gets back. I annoyingly (well only in relation to him) am going skiing in France for 10 days less than a week after he gets back... Yay for skiing in France boo for timing.

How did the concert go? I like to party, and at some points in my life it has felt like going to black tie parties was my job ha (oh I wish! Who doesn't like getting all dressed up in ball dresses!) but since putting on the weight and trying to lose it, I still go out, I just only drink on occasion. It's interesting the less I drink but still enjoy the social situations without booze, the less I want to drink.I am at the point where I don't find the booze adds much to many situations (although sometimes it's great =) It also helps I have lots of fun things I like to do on weekend days so not so keen to be massively hungover! So it's been an unintentional and slow sort of positive feedback thing.I prefer to no drink that much. The biggest problem has been that other people have such a problem with someone not drinking. My friends are now used to it, it only took them about 2 years. Sober dating though... This may have been one step too far haha

Have a great week ladies! I am determined to move off the same weight... Been here for 6 weeks even though I have lost 3 dress sizes In that time.

coffeeshopgirl
01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone! How was the weekend?

I'm finally feeling better after sharing a 2-week walking cold with the husband, which made for a wonderfully long TOM. Note the sarcasm, lol.

January hasn't been the greatest - bouncing back from the holidays - but February looks promising. Food prep helps me the most, and that's just what I did tonight: breakfast burritos, turkey-avacado-swiss wraps, salads, and yogurt/cottage cheese for snacks. My biggest challenge will be not eating after 8pm.

Since this is a chat thread, I'm also thinking about hobbies. I've been working a 9-5 for about a year and a half, and I'm noticing how boring my life is, lol. Or at least it feels that way. I'm considering putting up my old keyboard and breaking out the piano books. I'd be starting from scratch, but who cares? I have the time.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

BeachBreeze2010
01-27-2013, 10:24 PM
kiz - Ahh...whatever! It's life. It's real. Let's talk about it! ;) I didn't go. Not because of food/drinking. We just decided to stay in. Yeah, I have definitely cut out most of the alcohol on normal days. It's just when I get out that I want to have some. I guess I can give it up then, too. I'm not in my 20s anymore. Skiing in France! YAY! Have fun. Don't spend too much time missing Mr. Rock Climber.

alaskan - Hi there!! It's good to "see" you again. Great job on the milestone!!! I hear ya on the food dreams. I've had those, too! Hopefully you got some rest with a sleepover last night. I don't know if boys stay up like girls do?

I'm looking forward to a great week, too! We went to Whole Foods yesterday and got some yummy fruit for morning juices. I think I'm going to make grapefruit, lime, peach, apple, papaya and kiwi juice tomorrow.

BeachBreeze2010
01-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Hey coffeeshop! Same time posting. I'm a shutter bug - I love photography! It helps a lot to have a hobby. Keeps my mind off of food! lol Good luck with piano. I bet it will come back really fast. I think there is a lot of muscle memory.

alaskanlaughter
01-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey coffeeshop! Same time posting. I'm a shutter bug - I love photography! It helps a lot to have a hobby. Keeps my mind off of food! lol Good luck with piano. I bet it will come back really fast. I think there is a lot of muscle memory.

i love photography too...back when i was younger, i spent many years working as a reporter/photographer for a newspaper and i loved it :D havent had the time in many years now to really focus on my photography though

had a nice slow day at home with the family...made a nice deer roast for dinner and family came over...didn't do much today...have been sleepy ALL day though, not sure if it's the sinus infection, antibiotics, or just having nothing to do today

Skinnygirldreams
01-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Hey all.
I saw this thread and thought I'd pop in and say hi...since technically I turned 30 last June :( lol Last year I worked my butt off and lost 30 lbs between february and july... then I hurt my back and and now back at square one. First week back to calorie counting. Joined a gym 4 days ago. After working out the day before yesterday (did an 25 min on the eliptical, a 35 minute yoga video, and then took the dogs on a 2 mile walk) My back has been killing me. Ugh. Better today than yesterday for sure. Tomorrow I meet with a personal trainer. Hopefully he can help me figure out a work out routine that works for me.

I have a long way to go. this week was definitely a start though. down 2 1/2 lbs. this week. Can't wait to keep on this journey!

BeachBreeze2010
01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Very cool, alaskan!!! I would LOVE to do it for a living, but sigh..it's just a hobby. Maybe someday. I like to take pictures of people, but I really like to take natural and macro photography. There isn't much of a market for that, so it just amuses me. I find that when I take pictures of people (children especially), that I still have that close up perspective. My friend had a baby last year and I had a great time taking pictures of her baby's toes. So, so sweet. My head spins, though, to think of the incredible scenery in Alaska. I could take off one day with my camera and not come back for a year!!

:wel3fc: skinnygirl! Glad to see your post! Back pain can be hard. Take it easy and focus on nutrition while it heals? Good luck with the trainer. Great job on the 2.5lbs! Yeah, 30 hit me hard, too. But it's not so bad. We're old enough to have wisdom but young enough to enjoy life. My birthday is in June, too! But, I've got 3 years on you. ;)

KTB
01-28-2013, 09:20 PM
I am 38 so I just squeak in, right? I'd love to find a group of ladies to support and be supported by. My all time high in the year 2000 was 220lbs and I've maintained at 180ish since then. I am now trying to get down to 130lbs. 2 weeks ago I started a delivered meal plan and exercising 3-4 times a week. Baby steps.

Kiz
01-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Wow 2.5 pounds! Skinnygirl that is fantastic! :woohoo: I don't think I have ever lost that much in a week!! Great start huh!

I am doing ok except that I weighed in at exactly the same weight as last week. I have been stuck here for nearly 2 months. I know it is just a plateau and I am losing clothing sizes, but ya know some days you just would like a win on the scales. My thinking is that when this plateau breaks I'll drop down quite a few pounds in quick succession. How do the rest of you deal with long plateaus?

Hobbies are great, especially when they distract you from food;)

I think it's weird, I was so in denial about my weight. I never would have thought I could lose 27 pounds and it just not even make that much difference to how I look. I mean I was in a LOT of denial about how much weight I would have to lose to look 'normal' again. So now I have lost this... and I'm not even half way! I guess the good thing is though that from here on out when I lose weight I should start to really see changes, and so I can enjoy my new body along the way =)

On the plus side, after nearly a month back at swim training my swim fitness has improved and I'm back swimming with the big boys in the fast lanes :dance:. (I am the slowest there though, hanging on for dear life, but it's a start!).

lolaa
01-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi! I just joined this website, and am still trying to figure out how it works when I saw this post!

I am 30 years old, never married, no kids. I just moved to a new state about 6 months ago... I live alone and I work alone, so I have no support near me at all!

I have always been overweight, but thought I looked cute, so I never focused on it too much. I finally stepped on the scale, and as I watched it tip over 250lbs, I realized that it was time for a change. I have been on and off again dieting for... well, most of my adult life, and I have finally reached my limit! I am at the highest weight of my life, and it's time to change.

I am going on 2.5 months of quitting smoking after 10 years of a pack a day... what better time to lose weight and have a whole health makeover?!

So... here I am!

Angihas2
01-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I just saw this thread! I'm 37, 3 kiddos, girl who just turned 9 and thinks she's 19, a 7 yr old son and a 9 month old son. I joined ages ago back in 05 according to my older posts with a known weight of 289izh. Pretty sure it was much higher since I didn't get on the scale after seeing that for about 2 years, but I've seen pics, I'm willing to lay money I was at least in the 320's.
Got down around 197 in 2010, broke an arm and leg and ended up sidelines, still managed to drop weight with strict calorie counting, got up and around, got cocky because I was doing more, and ended up back around 214 when I got pregnant. Came out of the hospital at 219, was 226 at my 6 week check up and finally clued in at 242 in December. o.O Finally asked myself, "Self, you waiting to get to 255 to fix this or what?!?!?" 255 for some reason seems to be some magical starting point for me, I don't know.

I do know, I had my baby in April, graduated with my BS in May and somehow put on 20+ pounds. I'm now looking for work since baby is older and I'm more comfortable putting him in daycare now. All of my business clothes are in smaller sizes and frankly, the thought of going to buy bigger ones seriously depresses me. And we're looking into a relocation for my future career, and Galveston is really appealling to both of us. Who wants to live on the Gulf in a fat suit?! Not I!

Looking forward to getting to know you, sorry for the novel!

Skinnygirldreams
01-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Thanks guys! I had my nephew over for the night. He is 4 and awesome. Lol he makes me want kids of my own one day. I'm sure my boyfriend and I will get there eventually, though we may adopt (he has a hereditary eye disease he doesn't want to pass on) with way one day it'll happen.
He bought us tickets to a Blackhawks game for me for valentines day, (I'm a hardcore hawks fan). Probably one of the few girls who would think sports tickets are the best gift ever! Haha.

Managed to stick to my calories today, hit about 1300, not too bad. Met with the personal trainer today. He showed me the kind of work outs they will work into a program for me. I start next Monday! I'm not looking forward to the money I'm going to have to spend on it but worth the end result. I'm going to start with 2, 30 min sessions a week for now and eventually I figure ill be able to do the, on my own.

Hope everyone is doing their best cuz lets face it.. That's all we can do is give it our best efforts!

coffeeshopgirl
01-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Skinnygirldreams - I recently got married and we're also considering adoption. I'm not sure how my body would handle the pregnancy, and we also have social work/criminal justice backgrounds and feel like we can offer a child a safe, stable, and understanding environment. Yay for wanting to adopt! (when you're ready, of course)

My calories yesterday were 2230 - WAY TOO MUCH! I was focusing on sticking to plan, so I didn't count calories. I feel like I failed at Monday, which made the husband laugh. All in all, I was discouraged. I need to get out of this funk!

Hoping today will be better.

ChickieBoom
01-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Hey everyone...I'm 33 single with no kids. I've spent the last 6 years hiding out, avoiding friends, not really dating and now I'm finally ready to start living again. Trying not to focus too much on the wasted time and just move forward with a better attitude and outlook.

I just finished Week 4/Day 1 of my Couch to 5k...planning to become a runner in 2013.

Hope everyone has a great day.

ihealthy
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone! I'm 30 years old, 193 lbs, 5'5" and my goal weight is 60 lbs less; 133 lbs.

Recently, I found out that I have two pinched nerves and a small gallstone and I decided before I went to more doctors I need to lose these 60 lbs first.

Since all my close friends live abroad and there aren't any support groups where I live, I decided I should join this forum because I need your support.

My husband is hot, my daughter is beautiful and they are both mirror images of each other weight-wise. I don't want to be the sick elephant in the room.

Before I had my daughter and just started dating my husband, I was about 160. I ordered the Lisa Lynn Learner Lifestyle complete starter kit and I'm excited to start!

Thanks everyone!
iHealthy

Skinnygirldreams
01-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Coffeegirl- I am not going to lie, the thought of adopting makes me nervous. I've know people who were adopted who didn't turn out so well despite their parents best efforts. i.e. 2 of 3 adopted children ended up in prision.. more than once. Buuuuut my boyfriend's cousin is adopted and she is pretty great. Sooo IDK what to think on it yet. lol I have time though. I think when we are ready we would have a great home for a child.

Doesn't it just tick you off when you don't keep to your calorie count? lol I've been pretty good today. Even treated myself to pretzel m&m's and am still going to be under my calorie max for the day. Hope today's menu is better for you!

Skinnygirldreams
01-29-2013, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=ChickieBoom;4612065]I just finished Week 4/Day 1 of my Couch to 5k...planning to become a runner in 2013.
QUOTE]

I'm thinking of trying the C2K myself. My boyfriend is a runner. He's done many 5k's and last summer he did a half marathon!

I told him I want to do a 5k this summer, but not to worry he doesn't have to run at my pace lol. he does a mile in like 5-6 minutes. No way will I ever be able to do that .. at least not by this summer! lol

Kiz
01-29-2013, 09:48 PM
I made home made granola bars last night (I don't cook, this is equivalent to me saying I flew to the moon last night :D) They are super yummy, haven't fallen apart and will be great to snack on since I've been working long hours lately. Small victories eh!

My main aspect to my 'diet' has been to cut out all processed food and drinks other than water. I have my own interpretation of processed food - things like real cheese don't count - because I love them! (not that weird orange liquid stuff you americans call cheese;)). Anyway, granola bars that aren't filled with preservatives and high fructose corn syrup are really expensive here... and it took like 30 minutes to make them myself with leftover seeds, nuts and raisins andsome honey and oats and cinamon and an egg. I am not actually sure how you are supposed to make them, but I am a fan of interpretive cooking (hence why no one eats my food lol).

ok better go back to work, boo!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I used to be a triathlete before my accident, and I have a really great running program we like to call 'consistently underachieving' (my spelling is awful today sorry!). It can be modified to start whever you are at... and everyone I have ever given it to has loved it! Let me know if any of you are looking for a bit of a running program! :running: If you do want it, then let me know what you can confortably run at the moment without stopping (ie a minute, or 20 minutes or whatever) as there is no point me writing it and it being pitched at the wrong starting point! - also let me know if you have a goal and a date. For example, choose a 5km/10km/half marathon race you'd like to do, and then we can work out the periodisation etc etc so that you get to that on great form.

Skinnygirldreams
01-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Kiz- thats awesome. I'm gonna try and make my own granola next week. Gotta wait til pay day to do some grocery shopping! I'm also going to give making Kale chips a shot. Salty crunchy is my downfall. lol
I may take you up on your running program that you have once I actually start running :P I want to do a 5k this summer hopefully! (I have bad feet - had surgery on them in 2009- havent run since I hurt them in 2004 so wish me luck!) lol

KTB
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Klz - Plateaus? Hmm. You've probably tried this but what about significantly staggering your calories for a week? Changing up your exercise routine? Keeping a food journal of everything you put in your mouth? Just some ideas? Btw, looks like a lot of us are short :) I am 5'l. I laughed at your comment of interpretive cooking. Well done on those homemade granola bars! Mmm mmm. I do want to run again but I tore the ligaments in my ankle late last year and am confined to the elliptical for now. I

lola a - Moved and living and working alone! Wow. Congrats on quitting smoking! Have you decided what you will do? Count calories, etc?

Angihas2 - You'e been busy! Any idea what you will do as well? Count calories, etc?

Skinnygirldreams - Congrats on staying on plan today. I keep reminding myself that consistency is key. I love the idea of a trainer because then you are pushed to your exercise limits. I tend to scale myself back right when I reach that point.

coffeeshopgirl - I missed why you are in a funk but when I have a day like that I just try to get back to better eating the next day. Easier said than done, of course. Diet funk?

ChickeBoom - I love love the idea of not beating ourselves up but moving forward. I need to remind myself of this. I have a friend who did couch to 5k and she's running 5k's now. Good luck with it!!

ihealthy - I just looked up the Lisa Lynn plan because I had no idea what it was. I'd love to hear how it goes. I hope it's perfect for you!

BeachBreeze - I see we are the same height too. Shorties unite. 165 is my first goal. Well that or 18lbs, which is 10% of my current body weight. Who knows, right now I want to get through 1 month.

As for me, I am trying to stick to exercise like an appointment (M/W/Sat), so today was an off day. I've been working on a diet/plan blog since we are doing prepared meals and not many people have reviewed this particular company. The portions for the meals are certainly smaller than I am used to and it has been quite an eye opener!

coffeeshopgirl
01-30-2013, 08:22 AM
KTB - I'm in a diet funk from the holidays. It's just taking me a while to get back on track. Much longer than I thought. But, I'm slowly pulling myself out of it.

I'm also thinking about starting a blog, maybe to journal about diet and other life stuff too.

Skinnygirldreams
01-30-2013, 09:56 AM
KTB - I'm in a diet funk from the holidays. It's just taking me a while to get back on track. Much longer than I thought. But, I'm slowly pulling myself out of it.

I'm also thinking about starting a blog, maybe to journal about diet and other life stuff too.

I started one on 3fc. It helps me to stay accountable so far! Give it a whirl :)

Angihas2
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
KTB - I'm a calorie counter, all I had to do was log into fitday and there was all my info. I did open a LoseIt account, some of us from the 100# club have a little group going. I also linked my c25k and runkeeper apps to my achievemint account and now I earn real rewards. I'm all about the reward system!

Kiz
01-30-2013, 07:31 PM
KTB: Sometimes it is good to have things pointed out to you again! :) I do need to mix things up in my routine. Like you mentioned I think my portion sizes are totally out of proportion!

Skinnygirl: happy I inspired someone else with the granola! What did you do to your feet? Maybe running might not be the best idea! Have you thought about other sports instead that are less strain on your feet?

Skinnygirldreams
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
KTB: Sometimes it is good to have things pointed out to you again! :) I do need to mix things up in my routine. Like you mentioned I think my portion sizes are totally out of proportion!

Skinnygirl: happy I inspired someone else with the granola! What did you do to your feet? Maybe running might not be the best idea! Have you thought about other sports instead that are less strain on your feet?

I developed plantar fasciitis when I was in basic training in 2004. It never resolved but in the last year it has improved quite a bite. Had surgery on both of them in 2009. I don't know if a 5k is possible for me but it is something I would really like to try. I'm thinking once I lose some more weight it may improve it some more. It's kind of a waiting game to see.
In the mean time, I do enjoy swimming.

Kiz
01-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Ah Right, well that should be ok then! I have a chronic but mild case of plantar fasciitis after all my operations. As long as you do your stretches and strengthening exercises you should be ok to start on the running, but agree loosing weight would be preferable.

Swimming is good. Is there a local swim club near you? I know people don't like to join a swim club but it makes it so much more fun and you improve so so much so quickly. And you meet other people. Because so many people take up triathlon at an older age, and many are not good swimmers, masters swim clubs are generally welcoming and also used to having all shapes and sizes turn up. (For all I know you are a former olympic swimmer though:))

Oh and one of the things that really keeps my plantar fasciitis under control is a weekly foot massage hehe Now if only all of lifes ailments came with perks like that hehe

KTB
01-31-2013, 12:58 AM

I was in a funk all day today. Meh.

I just started a blog, mainly bc we are doing prepared meals and there really were no honest reviews of the company.

KTB
01-31-2013, 01:00 AM

I figured that you knew all that stuff, I was just throwing out ideas. :) Unfortunately for me, I have never (historically) lost weight without keeping a food journal. I am attempting to log my food at spark people.

KTB
01-31-2013, 01:01 AM
KTB - I'm a calorie counter, all I had to do was log into fitday and there was all my info. I did open a LoseIt account, some of us from the 100# club have a little group going. I also linked my c25k and runkeeper apps to my achievemint account and now I earn real rewards. I'm all about the reward system!

Rewards are something I can get behind!! *grin*

coffeeshopgirl
01-31-2013, 08:05 AM
KTB - how are the prepared meals working out for you?

Skinnygirldreams
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
I am not sure about a swim club but at one of the gyms I have a membership to (free one through work. Close to work but not my house) has 2 pools. I had to pay for a mme,bershipmfor a gym close by otherwise i know I won't be able to make a habit out of going.
4 more days til my first personal trainer appointment! I've never had one before, looking forward to learning how to work out the right way :)

KTB
01-31-2013, 03:46 PM
KTB - how are the prepared meals working out for you?

I like the variety of the food on this plan and that I can pronounce all the ingredients (not full of chemicals at all). Before, I was in a rut, cooking and eating the same things then eating the leftovers for days, so that is over. I also like that there are no 2nd or 3rd helpings to pick away at, once the meal is done, there is no 2nd chicken breast, that type of thing. I like the breakfasts, a lot. I always skipped breakfast, but these are tasty enough to make me look forward to them. However, I feel like the first month is mostly weeding through the meals they offer and finding ones that I enjoy. Also, it's taking me awhile to figure out the heating times and methods (trial and error) because the instructions on the packages rarely seem to work for me.

I am providing our own snacks and working out 3 days a week too.

ANYHOO (sorry about the novel). My official weigh in is tomorrow, but so far I am down 4-7lbs.

Skinnygirldreams
01-31-2013, 08:58 PM
I like the variety of the food on this plan and that I can pronounce all the ingredients (not full of chemicals at all). Before, I was in a rut, cooking and eating the same things then eating the leftovers for days, so that is over. I also like that there are no 2nd or 3rd helpings to pick away at, once the meal is done, there is no 2nd chicken breast, that type of thing. I like the breakfasts, a lot. I always skipped breakfast, but these are tasty enough to make me look forward to them. However, I feel like the first month is mostly weeding through the meals they offer and finding ones that I enjoy. Also, it's taking me awhile to figure out the heating times and methods (trial and error) because the instructions on the packages rarely seem to work for me.

I am providing our own snacks and working out 3 days a week too.

ANYHOO (sorry about the novel). My official weigh in is tomorrow, but so far I am down 4-7lbs.

Good luck with the weigh in! I've been bad.. haven't worked out at all this week other than monday morning when i went to meet the personal trainer for the first time. Wednesday I did take my nephew to the little zoo in town (we had a freak 65 degree day here in illinois) and to chuckie cheese for a few hours so at least i did some walking.

coffeeshopgirl
01-31-2013, 09:06 PM
That's awesome KTB!

Skinnygirldreams - I've been bad lately too. But, the weekend is always my time to reset and start some good habits to lead me into the next week. We can do this! How did the meeting with your personal trainer go?

Skinnygirldreams
01-31-2013, 09:31 PM
That's awesome KTB!

Skinnygirldreams - I've been bad lately too. But, the weekend is always my time to reset and start some good habits to lead me into the next week. We can do this! How did the meeting with your personal trainer go?

Hey Coffee... Meeting went ok. My heart was booming after just 3 sample portions of the exercises! I start training with her Monday.:D I'm really looking forward to this. And this weekend... I'm already planning to be bad on sunday food wise. lol. My brother is having a party for the superbowl so my boyfriend and I are planning on going. He is a master griller lol I know he is planning on smoking something and probably grilling ribs. I've managed to stay on my calorie intake (usually less than I limit myself) for the last two weeks so I'm allowing myself this cheat day! I'm just not going to over indulge and eat just to eat.

KTB
02-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Hey Coffee... Meeting went ok. My heart was booming after just 3 sample portions of the exercises! I start training with her Monday.:D I'm really looking forward to this. And this weekend... I'm already planning to be bad on sunday food wise. lol. My brother is having a party for the superbowl so my boyfriend and I are planning on going. He is a master griller lol I know he is planning on smoking something and probably grilling ribs. I've managed to stay on my calorie intake (usually less than I limit myself) for the last two weeks so I'm allowing myself this cheat day! I'm just not going to over indulge and eat just to eat.

The trainer sounds intense, sounds like she is going to work your butt off, in a good way, lol. I am headed to a superbowl party too, and the fact it's Sunday is throwing me off honestly. I usually take my cheat meal Friday or Saturday.

Skinnygirldreams
02-01-2013, 09:26 PM
KTB- I think it's gonna be great! ....sore... but great. lol My trainer is aware of my bad feet and my back injury from work so hopefully she can help me strengthen the back so I will start feeling better.

I was thinking about goals today. I set myself up a rewards system based on every 10 lb loss (hopefully by the 19th of this month! Because I really want to get my Blackhawks manicure before I go to the game that night!), but I've been thinking about a specific date to have lost a certain number of pounds to help motivate me more.

My parents, sister, nephew, boyfriend, and I are going to Disney May 18th. Leaving right after my cousin's wedding that night. Soooo, my new goal... is to lose 30 lbs by the 18th of May. That would put me down to 175 lbs. and be significant progress (almost half of the weight I want to lose). I just want to look good dressed up and look decent in a swimsuit in Florida (or at least not totally embarassed to wear one haha)!

straightahead
02-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Hello, this is my first time over here, so I thought I would introduce myself...I am 32 and from Ohio. I am single; work entirely too much; like working out, reading, and trying to do creative activities (sewing , knitting, scrapbook, etc). I am following weight watchers for my new healthier lifestyle. Nice to 'meet' everyone

I was wondering if anyone has a subscription to a magazine they really like...I am looking for some type of healthy lifestyle magazine geared to 20s/30s age with health/fitness tips and lots of healthy meal ideas/recipes....and maybe some beauty tips, inspirational stories, etc..

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android

BeachBreeze2010
02-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Hi ladies!! I think there's been too much conversation for individuals - that's a good thing for you guys! I need to check in more often! It looks everyone is doing well! GREAT!!

It's been a good week for me. I think my initial "restart" weight loss has slowed down to 2lbs/week. I'm okay with that, but it was more fun to loose faster. lol I was hoping to see 159.anything by Feb 1, but it looks like it will be a week away. Oh well. I'm on plan and exercising well, so whenever it comes off, it comes off. How is everyone getting through the Super Bowl without going off plan? We are going to a potluck - NOT good for me! But are pre-eating. My plan is to not eat ANYTHING there - even if it's on plan. Once I put anything in my mouth, everything can be rationalized.

I've been sick the past few days with a sore throat and fever. Ive stayed on my calories mostly because it hurts to swallow, so I guess that's a good thing. lol DB is making oven fried cauliflower with wing sauce - we'll see if its good. It's a Pinterest recipe. Anyone else use Pinterest to collect recipes? I'd love to share!

KTB
02-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Hello, this is my first time over here, so I thought I would introduce myself...I am 32 and from Ohio. I am single; work entirely too much; like working out, reading, and trying to do creative activities (sewing , knitting, scrapbook, etc). I am following weight watchers for my new healthier lifestyle. Nice to 'meet' everyone

I was wondering if anyone has a subscription to a magazine they really like...I am looking for some type of healthy lifestyle magazine geared to 20s/30s age with health/fitness tips and lots of healthy meal ideas/recipes....and maybe some beauty tips, inspirational stories, etc..

Welcome! I love the Weight Watchers program. Has it been working for you? I love "Real Simple" magazine, it's not a healthy lifestyle magazine, but there are sometimes articles that would classify. "Shape" and "Fitness" are probably better

straightahead
02-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Welcome! I love the Weight Watchers program. Has it been working for you? I love "Real Simple" magazine, it's not a healthy lifestyle magazine, but there are sometimes articles that would classify. "Shape" and "Fitness" are probably better
Thanks! It has been working...lost 9.8 lbs in my first month, which is good for me!

BeachBreeze, I do really like finding ideas (for food, crafts, etc) on Pintrest. Was your latest recipe good?

coffeeshopgirl
02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
So, I feel like I'm out of my funk. I've been whining and whining about not being ready to get back to calorie counting and working out, and this weekend I finally caught up on sleep, worked all the cold/allergy bugs out, and prepped everything for the week (food and clothes). Food prep seriously took 40 minutes, which means I'm getting really good and efficient at it. Clothing prep involved doing laundry, which had to happen anyway.

This morning, I walked on the treadmill at a moderate incline at 3.4 mph for 30 minutes and stretch afterward. Tomorrow I'll either swim or walk again.

Yay for getting back on track!

BeachBreeze2010
02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Great job, coffeeshop!!! It feels good to be in a healthy routine, doesn't it?

It was so good!! PM me if you want (anyone from this thread) and I'll share my link to my Pinterest. Basically, it was 1 cup of water mixed with 1 cup of flour to make a breading. Add in any seasonings if you want. I used some southwest seasoning that I had and some garlic powder. Break out florets of cauliflower off a fresh head and toss them in the water/flour mixture. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes. Take out and top with your favorite wing sauce and bake for 5 more minutes. Oh and spray the pan - I forgot and it had to soak for awhile. It tastes like boneless chicken wings. The real recipe says to mix the sauce with 1t of butter, but I didn't and don't think it's necessary.

Straightahead - I'm a crocheter! I'm learning, anyway. lol It's a good hobby to keep my hands busy sitting on the couch. I'm in OH, too! Brr! More snow today.

Still don't feel like exercising today, but I've kept my calories on track. Mostly because it hurts to swallow. Maybe this could stick around a little longer?? lol

KTB
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
DB is making oven fried cauliflower with wing sauce - we'll see if its good. It's a Pinterest recipe. Anyone else use Pinterest to collect recipes? I'd love to share!

My pinterest is out of control, I swear it has a mind of its own!

KTB
02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
So, I feel like I'm out of my funk. I've been whining and whining about not being ready to get back to calorie counting and working out, and this weekend I finally caught up on sleep, worked all the cold/allergy bugs out, and prepped everything for the week (food and clothes). Food prep seriously took 40 minutes, which means I'm getting really good and efficient at it. Clothing prep involved doing laundry, which had to happen anyway.

This morning, I walked on the treadmill at a moderate incline at 3.4 mph for 30 minutes and stretch afterward. Tomorrow I'll either swim or walk again.

Yay for getting back on track!

When you feel it you feel it. I was trying to explain this to a friend of mine who is upset with her husband because he isn't going to the gym, I just told her "he isn't there yet."

Kiz
02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
BeachBreeze: Hope you feel better soon!

I have not really jumped on the pininterest craze... so how does this whole pininterest thing work? New recipes is something I could do with. Like normal ones real people cook, because I am far from Martha Stewart in the kitchen :)

I think I am going to have to calorie count ladies. As much as I hate the thought of it I really am just not losing weight at the moment. I will start that... after I get back from france :D

Have been super busy trying to finish everything for work before I go away. Mr Rock Climber came back on sunday, but is off again tomorrow. So we are catching up tonight :D I am not sure what we are doing, but lets hope it involves him being naked ;) Sober dating... still scares the crap out of me! :o

Hope everyone is having a super week! Sounds like it from some of the weight losses on here recently, very inspiring. Made me realise I need to knuckle down to see some proper results again! Keep it up ladies:dance::dancer:

Nerdlass
02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Hi! I'm a newbie here. :> Anyway, I'm 37 and from Texas, but I'm currently living in Japan. I am in Phase I (Week 3) of Dr. Fuhrman's End of Diabetes plan for a nutritarian life. What a doozy! The upside is I get to eat lots of yummy veggies and 5 fruits a day! <3 It's quite a learning curve for prepping... but thankfully, I've figured out which restaurants I can go to when I haven't got anything ready in time... Also, I don't have to count calories... just do my best to maintain the nutritarian proportions of what I eat...

The downside? No meat... I can deal with that. No dairy! Ugh. That's so rough, but I'm dealing with it... No chocolate for Valentine's Day! Man... I might have to freeze any if I get them... I can have it on rare occassion in Phase II.

Last week, I did my first weigh in after being on the plan for a week and couple of days... I'd lost 2 kg (probably water weight, but I'm big so no sweat). My sugars dropped to 130 (which is the lowest I've had them at a visit in a long while...) and my blood pressure, though high at the time, was lower, as well.

I go in again today to get my numbers done. Wish me luck! <3

Skinnygirldreams
02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Kiz! lol you make me think of Sex in the City... Mr. Rock Climber is your Mr. Big haha. Good luck!

Calorie counting isn't so bad! This may sound bad, but sometimes... I like to see how much food I can get out of my allotted calories for the day... sometimes... it's so much I can't even eat it all lol.

OAN: I some how still went down about a half a pound on after this weekend... Lord knows how cuz I ate sushi saturday and yesterday my brother smoked almost a whole pig i think! lol At any rate, it was delicious. Back to the calorie counting today. I had to reschedule my first appointment with the personal trainer because my back and neck have been hurting me and so last night I think I was up every hour...

15 more days and I want to be down at least 10 lbs total... only 4 more to go. Really I want to be down more but we will see. I just want to beable to reward myself with the mani/pedi before the Blackhawks game I'm going to to. I love the blackhawks. /sighhhhh Viktor Stalberg... If you haven't heard of him. Google him. lol His picture is worth the view :P

Skinnygirldreams
02-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Good Luck Nerdless!

coffeeshopgirl
02-05-2013, 09:47 PM
I agree - calorie counting isn't that bad. I told a friend this: buckle down and try it for a week so that you get used the portions that equal out to your allotted calories for weight loss. Stick to those portions consistently, and see where you're at in a month. you don't need to actually count forever, but once you're aware of your allotted calories, it'll get much easier.

As for me, I've been back on track for the past 3 days. I must have bee slowly weening myself down from all the holiday snacking, because I started tracking on Sunday without being hungry. The first few weeks after the holidays, it was almost impossible to stop craving sugar, fried stuff, and carbs. It still amazes me how efficiently our bodies respond to what we put into them.

In any case, I'm feeling better. I'm feeling in control of myself again. Hopefully I will see some weight changes this month!

Kiz
02-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Skinnygirl: Thanks for trying to make calorie counting not sound so bad! haha we shall see how it goes. Sounds like it's going really well for you! 6 pounds already! That's so quick compared to my weight loss speed lol

An update on sober dating : not because I think you care but because I am bursting at the seams to gush :D:D:D Mr. Rock Climber is even hotter than I remember (who would have thought that was possible!?!?!) and quite frankly amazing. Minor problem... he remained clothed all night :mad: and after a 6 hour date... we had a peck on the lips (because he had to get out of the cab as we had traffic behind us and I needed to take the cab on home). It was 1:30am and he had to go to the airport at 6am, so we couldn't really dilly dally any more. And I really needed to go to bed too.

So in conclusion sober dating is like going back to being a teenager again haha I mean we spent the night staring into each others eyes, chatting and snuggling on the reclined sofa at the bar we were at (well being as close to snuggling as you can get without actually touching (lmao)). On the plus side, we had a chat this morning and have established we will catch up when I get back, he'll try and make sure he is here then and that we should explore the whole kissing thing further :carrot: :dance::flow2::dancer:

I actually like the sober dating part where you don't have to wonder the next day how much was the booze talking and how much did they mean etc etc. And I think I'm less of an idiot when nervous and sober than nervous and drunk haha which can only be a good thing!

I really apologise for the novella totally un related to weight loss!

Kiz
02-06-2013, 02:33 AM
coffeeshopgirl: That is a great tip! Thanks!! I like this whole support thing, I know what I post is mainly drivel, but the rest of you have some good stuff!:)

Well done on getting through the cravings bit, that is the worst part! Hopefully the pounds will just melt off!

coffeeshopgirl
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi Kiz!

I had to give myself that tip when I started calorie counting, and when I had to get back on track. And, i know what you mean about drivel-posts, I find myself coming here mostly and just telling everyone what I've eaten or that I've worked out somehow that day :)

Drivel indeed, but it's a good, positive affirmation of "hey, I'm actually doing this" instead of getting down on ourselves that we're not doing enough.

I know it's only 8am, but I think this will be a good day/week for my calories. Last night, my husband opened his Valentine's Batman chocolate (I'm not sure why he didn't wait until the 14th, but that's fine, haha) and I wanted one SO bad, but said no. He already knows not to offer me any, lol. Good thing there were only 6 pieces, right?

So, yay for me, yay for you, yay for everyone who's sticking to their goals today! Happy Wednesday!

Skinnygirldreams
02-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Well you did better than me yesterday.... I had pizza, brownies, and ice cream! Ugh granted that's all I had all day so I stayed under 1600 cal, but dang. Back on the wagon today for me. I want the scale to move down!
I'm gonna make a poached egg and put it on a slice of tomato with some feta cheese for lunch.

Kiz
02-06-2013, 08:05 PM
skinnygirl: Ok so yesterday wasn't your best day food wise, but congratulations for having a binge and keeping within your calories! Small victories:) I'm sure today will be a great day for you!

I am finishing up this project and then home to pack and off on the plane tonight! Am so excited! France here I come!:spin:

Will be interested to see what my weight is like when I get back.

Have a super week ladies!

Chubbygirl253
02-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone! I never noticed this thread before. I'm Laura.

Skinnygirldreams
02-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Kiz! Have fun in France. :) I spent 3 days in Paris and Versialles when I was 18, what an experience. Enjoy France!
I'm much more on target today. I had that poached egg with feta but on toasted rye bread instead. For dinner my boyfriend and I cooked salmon, brown rice, and asparagus.it was delicious. And since I have only had 670 calories I can still have a serving of ice cream 140 cals and a brownie 200 calories and I sill have a calorie deficit. Yay!

Skinnygirldreams
02-06-2013, 10:07 PM
And welcome Chubbygirl. Looking forward to chatting with you!

Laura78
02-07-2013, 06:56 AM
Morning Everyone! I would love to join in.....I'm Laura, 34 with two kids (and a hubby to go along with them). I'm a serial yo-yo dieter trying to make it stick this time around :) I am a calorie counter and am tracking with MFP. Right now I'm not exercising, but I am going to start on some knee strengthening because my ultimate goal is to get running again, but my bad knees have stopped me in past.

Laura (Chubbygirl) - I've drooled over pictures of your wedding dress....amazing! You'll look great in it.

gretel
02-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm new to this thread :) I'm Gretel - 31 with a 16 month old. I just weaned in January so my body is going a little haywire right now. Thankfully, something clicked and I'm finally losing weight (I wasn't one of the lucky ones who lost weight while breastfeeding!).

Today, I'm kinda bummed because I'm fighting off a cold. I took some sudafed before bed last night and woke up 3 hours later. I've been up since roughly 2 am! I was hoping to go for one last run tonight before the cupid's chase 5k on Saturday. But I probably won't run on such little sleep. And there's a huge snowstorm headed this way. It could be 2 inches or it could be 20, who knows? There's a good possibility the 5k will be postponed/cancelled. I finished C25K last week and I really don't want to lose my motivation, but it feels like the universe is aligning against me.

How is everyone else doing today?

Skinnygirldreams
02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Hey Laura, welcome! I've been a yoyoer all my life too. 4 more lbs till I am in onederland!

Skinnygirldreams
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Hey gretel. Congrats on finishing c25k! Hope you feel better quick. Today is my first day with a personal trainer. My boyfriend decided to come to my gym and check it out to see if he wants to get a membership. He has one a few towns over but this one is more practical even though it isn't as fancy as the one he goes to.
Here is to hoping the personal trainer doesn't kill me, and if she does as least I still have muscle relaxers haha

Peaches55
02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Hello all. I am new to this thread, thought I would introduce myself. I am 35 years old, used to be a fitness junkie and got injured pretty bad three years ago and have done nothing since. That paired with a bad relationship.....My weight went from a wonderful 140 and fit to over 180 and not so fit. Over the past six months I have changed many things in my life and have gotten "back into my routine" and feel like myself again. It has also helped my physical self. As of the first of the year I had lost about 20 lbs and was sitting about about 163. My boyfriend and I joined the Y to start working out again and its been wonderful. I work out at least 4 days a week, both weights and cardio. I also play volleyball and ride my horse. As of this morning I am down to 156.0. I don't count calories, I simply watch what I eat and how much of it. I stick to proteins, veggies, fruits and lots of fiber. I also drink apple cider vinegar/honey at least twice a day. My goal weight is 140 but I know its going to be a tough road to get there. I also have pretty big fitness goals. I like muscle, and want to see definition.
I am excited to get to know you all and battle this weight loss journey together :-)

Chubbygirl253
02-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks Laura, I luv the dress and I can't wait to wear it. I have lost 60 lbs but I'd like to lose a little more before I have to order with my measurements.

I'm also on MFP. Same user name on that site. Chubbygirl253. You can add me if you want.

This cold I have is messing up my jogging routine. Ugh.

Laura78
02-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Afternoon Ladies! There is a big snowstorm hitting here and I just feel like curling up into a ball and sipping hot chocolate.....but then I remember I don't want to waste my calories on hot chocolate, LOL.

Laura - I believe I already have you added on MFP (I'm Laura78)

Peaches - It sounds like you're doing amazing already!

Gretel - Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Skinnygirldreams - How did the personal training session go?

coffeeshopgirl
02-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Me and the hubby went out last night for a drink because he had a "fun" day in the world of law school. I did well by only getting a cosmo and a caesar salad. As I predicted he would, he ordered a pizza and wings and I was good and only had one of his chicken wings for a snack. It was tough because I could have totally eaten some of that pizza! But, I told myself that this was DH's Stress Pizza, not mine, as my day was fine.

Plus, seeing my goal of losing 5 pounds by Feb 15th makes me think this is definitely attainable and helps me stick to my calories. I still think i'll weigh myself every two weeks and look at my progress. I kinda want to see where I'm at right now, but then again, aggressively losing weight isn't effective. So, if I end up losing only 2 pounds or even 1, I'll still see it as a good thing. I think that once I make it down to 180, 170 and 160 will come more quickly.

It's all about shifting my body into the weight loss direction.

coffeeshopgirl
02-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Does anyone else feel like they have to make themselves eat breakfast, but the rest of the day you know you're ready to eat?

I eat 1/2 cup of oatmeal every morning, and I make myself eat that before I start downing my coffee. I get through half of my oatmeal and I'm not hungry for it, but I'm looking at the coffee. I make myself drink water after the oatmeal because I know coffee - while delicious and necessary for (my) existence - is an appetite suppressant and dehydrates you. Thinking about it, I noticed that this happens most mornings.

Just an observation.

Does this happen to anyone else out there?

Laura78
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning! We're enjoying our lazy pajama snow day over here :) I had a loss of 2.4 lbs on the week so I'm a happy camper!

Coffeeshop girl - It sounds like you did great at dinner! My body actually craves breakfast and I get a bit shakey when I don't eat anything, so it's not a problem for me. I usually have an egg with a whole wheat skinny bagel, an apple and coffee. I also have Slim Fasts available in the fridge for those mornings I don't have time for breakfast.

gretel
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Morning! The snow is coming down now and I'm in the 8-16 inches path. I already took before photos so now I'm waiting for the storm to dump whatever it can on us.

I also visited the urgent care doc today to get started on some antibiotics. I don't feel bad or good, but I definitely don't have the energy to exercise. With or without the snow, I'm not going to be able to do my 5k tomorrow and I'm pretty disappointed with that. My goal for this weekend is to heal up and get back into some light exercise.

coffeeshopgirl - I have no problems eating breakfast. I get up at 5 am but don't eat until 6:30. By then, I'm starving! But I also don't drink coffee. I could see how that would keep me from wanting to eat. BTW, I love coffee, but I can't do too much caffeine.

All - I'm grrretel on myfitnesspal. I'll try to add you to my friends later today if you don't add me first. :)

Skinnygirldreams
02-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Laura78- my training session went pretty good. Last night I wasn't sore at all so I thought maaaaybe I didn't work out hard enough yesterday but holy bee jeezus I'm feeling it this morning. She is going to email me some workout plans to do on my own since I only work with her 2 times a week. Oh and they make 25 calorie hot chocolate which is pretty yummy!

Coffee- I love breakfast so not an issue for me! I usually do egg substitute and a piece of rye toast and either 2 pieces of bacon or sausage, less than 400 calories.

Next weekend my boyfriend and I are planning on a weekend trip to Wisconsin. I want a weekend at an indoor waterpark where I can pretend it is summer!

KTB
02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Morning! We're enjoying our lazy pajama snow day over here :) I had a loss of 2.4 lbs on the week so I'm a happy camper!

2.4 lbs is amazing! Well done you!

KTB
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Does anyone else feel like they have to make themselves eat breakfast, but the rest of the day you know you're ready to eat?

I eat 1/2 cup of oatmeal every morning, and I make myself eat that before I start downing my coffee. I get through half of my oatmeal and I'm not hungry for it, but I'm looking at the coffee. I make myself drink water after the oatmeal because I know coffee - while delicious and necessary for (my) existence - is an appetite suppressant and dehydrates you. Thinking about it, I noticed that this happens most mornings.

Just an observation.

Does this happen to anyone else out there?

Yes this happens to me. I'm really just not a breakfast person at all. And I know it's crucial for a healthy metabolism but I really struggle with it.

KTB
02-08-2013, 05:50 PM
:cp::cp::cp: Yeah! Take that, pizza! Looks like you found your mojo!

Me and the hubby went out last night for a drink because he had a "fun" day in the world of law school. I did well by only getting a cosmo and a caesar salad. As I predicted he would, he ordered a pizza and wings and I was good and only had one of his chicken wings for a snack. It was tough because I could have totally eaten some of that pizza! But, I told myself that this was DH's Stress Pizza, not mine, as my day was fine.

Plus, seeing my goal of losing 5 pounds by Feb 15th makes me think this is definitely attainable and helps me stick to my calories. I still think i'll weigh myself every two weeks and look at my progress. I kinda want to see where I'm at right now, but then again, aggressively losing weight isn't effective. So, if I end up losing only 2 pounds or even 1, I'll still see it as a good thing. I think that once I make it down to 180, 170 and 160 will come more quickly.

It's all about shifting my body into the weight loss direction.

KTB
02-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the thread and congrats on finishing couch to 5k! I am sorry to hear you are sick and will be missing our 5k though.

We are getting a lot of snow here too. They are calling for 12-16 inches by us.

Morning! The snow is coming down now and I'm in the 8-16 inches path. I already took before photos so now I'm waiting for the storm to dump whatever it can on us.

I also visited the urgent care doc today to get started on some antibiotics. I don't feel bad or good, but I definitely don't have the energy to exercise. With or without the snow, I'm not going to be able to do my 5k tomorrow and I'm pretty disappointed with that. My goal for this weekend is to heal up and get back into some light exercise.

coffeeshopgirl - I have no problems eating breakfast. I get up at 5 am but don't eat until 6:30. By then, I'm starving! But I also don't drink coffee. I could see how that would keep me from wanting to eat. BTW, I love coffee, but I can't do too much caffeine.

All - I'm grrretel on myfitnesspal. I'll try to add you to my friends later today if you don't add me first. :)

Ross111104
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Man you guys are talking about snow! I was really upset that it is raining out here! It was beautiful on Tuesday like 70 degrees. My goal is to lose 10lbs this month. However between Super Bowl Sunday and my husbands birthday being celebrated tomorrow and the 14th I might be in for a rude awakening. That's cool though. Just as long as I remain focused in between and afterwards.

KTB
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
The Superbowl really screwed with my weight loss this week. Meh.

Man you guys are talking about snow! I was really upset that it is raining out here! It was beautiful on Tuesday like 70 degrees. My goal is to lose 10lbs this month. However between Super Bowl Sunday and my husbands birthday being celebrated tomorrow and the 14th I might be in for a rude awakening. That's cool though. Just as long as I remain focused in between and afterwards.

Skinnygirldreams
02-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Booo guess I didn't really think about the fact that next weekend is "Valentine's Day Weekend" and all the places are pretty booked up so unless we want to spend almost 300 a night it's not going to happen.

I managed to do 15 min on the eliptical and about 30 sit ups, and 20 side crunches each today. My back and neck really hurt though. I'm not going to give up my personal training but man I can't wait for my next doctor appointment.

I need to get my butt back in gear to calorie counting. I lost about .4 lbs the last 4 days. I've been kind of side tracked, but back on the straight and narrow today!
Brunch.. cuz I got up late :P was 1.5 scrambled eggs (no milk) and 1.5 pieces of bacon in a half hone wheat pita (pita's are amazing i've decided) 1 cup of coffee total calories...345 not to shabby
Snacks: 2 oz Raspberries, 2 oz Blackberries, 5 oz Strawberries, and 15 grapes 150 calories
Dinner : 2oz angel hair pasta with shrimp scampi - no shirmp though :(
1/4 cup Spinach, and 1/4 crusted Tilapia fillet 514 calories...

grand total.. 1009 calories. This means I can still have my air popped popcorn and some hot chocolate tonight :)

Ross111104
02-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Ktb-oh my goodness. Super Bowl set me back bug time. But I am back to where I was pre Super Bowl so we will see what happens with my husbands events. But here is how I look at it. I am ok with the set backs because I know that if I don't just enjoy myself on special occasions then I am going to start resenting the process. For me the set backs are contributing to my consistency. Bein conscious if the fact that these are special occasions is a big deal. I was thinking today how did I eat the way that I used to eat on a regular basis and not weigh 1,000 lbs. I don't know but the fact that I am contiencious about what I eat on a regular basis is HUGE!

Skinnygirldreams- you are doing great! Keep it up.

Chubbygirl253
02-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Things were rough this week. I was sick and I've only been able to run 4 miles this week. All in all I had gained 3 lbs but lost 2 again so I'm just up 1. Now that I'm better hopefully I get to jog more this weekend.

Ross111104
02-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Laura- I want to try and get I to running but I just can't seem to like it. I love working out and go to the gym for bootcamp but I haven't gotten the running bug. So when I hear 4 miles I am like Wow! You're doing great and you are going to look marvelous darling in your wedding dress! Congratulations!

Laura78
02-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I had a Valentine's Breakfast at my Mom's house and I did pretty good. I asked her what the menu was going to be, so I sort of pre-planned beforehand.

Laura - I'm sure you'll have a great week now that you are feeling better!

Skinnygirldreams - DH and I don't really do anything for Valentine's day anymore since having kids. I asked him for a babysitter so we could go to the movies, but I don't think I'll get even that, LOL. It sounds like your personal training is working out well! Enjoy your popcorn and hot chocolate.

Ross - Snow is overrated, you can have it! LOL

Skinnygirldreams
02-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Laura- We aren't actually doing anything Valentine's Day because I work 3p-1130p. That weekend just happened to be my next weekend off. He did, however, get us tickets to the Chicago Blackhawks game on the 19th for my V-Day gift..which makes me super excited! I am a die-hard Hawks fan. And he's a guy.. so he thinks tickets to a sports event for a V-day gift is awesome, cuz he doesn't have to be all mushy about it. haha
I'm jealous of all the snow everyone is getting but Illinois :( We want to go snowboarding/skiing. :(

Laura78
02-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Skinnygirldreams - That's awesome! My DH is a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, but we haven't gone to a game in years...the tickets just got too ridiculously expensive. We go to alot of Jays games though.

Skinnygirldreams
02-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Well then he probably knows who Viktor Stalberg is. He played on the Maple Leafs a few years ago... He's my famous heart throb lol. He got traded to the Hawks a few years ago. I met him Last Feb. <3 He signed my Stalberg Jersey. sigh...
My BF and I are White Sox fans. I think I am getting him Home Opener tickets for V-Day... That or a Snowboarding Day trip. One of the two!

coffeeshopgirl
02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Just posted about my Sunday and came to the conclusion that I'm neurotic.:dizzy: I don't know how my DH deals with me. Is anyone else out there crazy with their food too?

So, this weekend was so busy! In the world of weight loss though, I bought a 5 lb hula hoop for core exercises. Anyone ever seen one or done one before? I had one at my gym in college, so I was excited to see it when I was out today. I'm anxious to use it again - should make for good cardio.

Food prep seemed to take me forever this evening, lol. Lots of veggie chopping and fruit chopping/scooping, and tuna spread making. Typically, my food prep involves portioning out veggies for salad and making sandwiches. But tonight it took forever! So, allow me to tell you ALL the food i made :)

1. Rolled 4 chicken-cheese-rice burritos (with leftover chicken/salsa from last week)
2. Tuna spread (for the DH) = 3 cans tuna, 5 tbs olive oil mayo, chopped carrots and broccoli stalks, lemon pepper seasoning
3. Portioned out 8 salads = baby spinach, spring mix greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers (thrown into a snack bag to prevent wilting throughout the week - a highly effective strategy)
4. Balled 1 whole cantelope (sp?)
5. Balled 1/4 watermelon
6. Cut up 10 strawberries and mixed all the fruit together for fruit salad (portioned out into smaller containers)

The DH helped by prepping a chicken and veggie stew (almost a soup but no noodles or rice added because the potatoes are enough starch).

So. Much. Chopping. Balling. And Portioning.

Ah well, it's worth it when you know how you eat and need to eat (there's a difference). If I didn't portion out the salad stuff, it wouldn't have lasted the week because it would have wilted. Without portioning out the fruit salad, I would eat the entire thing in 1-2 sittings (not kidding, it's happened before, leaving me very bloated and unhappy, lol). If I had not sat here tonight and balled out all that melon, it would have sat in the refrigerator all week going bad while I went about my way looking for quick snack fixes.

So, there we have it. A look into my neurotic brain, and my awesome husband who helps/partially enables me :) Thanks for letting me share it here!

Ross111104
02-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Coffe-I swear I want to be like you! If only I could be neurotic too! LOL! I was just thinking today as I was grazing though my pantry (grazing=diet killer) that failure to plan is planing to fail! The weekends are my downfall and I have yet to get myself together yet. I will though. I am going to do a better job of planning out my meals on the weekend. But you know when I think about it. I consider it work. And I try to make my weekends as chill as possible. If i don't have to leave the house I wont! If I didn't have to do laudry I wouldn't! LOL no but seriously I am like the laziest person on the weekends. I think it is because I never feel like I have time to relax so I try my hardest to on the weekends. FOr instance today when my 1 and 3 year old were napping. That would be prime time to get some things done around the house. Or maybe meal prep right? WRONG!!! That is prime time to plop my self on the couch and do nothing and relish in the silence (i have the loudest and most demanding children on the face of the earth). But you know it is something that I am going to have to get over and suck it up and do becuase it is for the greater good. Ahhh the onion....

Chubbygirl253
02-10-2013, 10:20 PM
This is going to be a very busy week so I want to get my exercise in whenever I can. Today I jogged 4 miles.
Tomorrow I'm taking 2 toddlers (niece & nephew) to Pump It Up. And last time I realized what a workout it is! (it's a gymnasium full of bouncy houses. The basketball in the bouncy house is hard because standing upright is hard enough but lifting a 3 yr old to reach basket height is easier said than done. And the giant bouncy slide is really high and you have to climb up a rope ladder. Ever climb a rope ladder with a 40-lb toddler?) I'm going to wear my heart rate monitor for sure!
Tomorrow I have dinner out with the church ladies but I'll be good and stick to my calories.

coffeeshopgirl
02-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Chubbygirl - great job jogging 4 miles! And, I can attest that lifting a 3 yr old to the basketball hoop is tougher than it looks. Sounds like you have quite the productive weekend!

Ross - thanks for the positive feedback on my food prep, lol. The DH and coworkers laugh supportively (some of them scoff but we all have those kind of coworkers, ya know? ). As for my weekends, I minimize my health goals ( I do relax from time to time, lol), and i make sure that i 1. Food prep and 2. Don't eat after 8pm. It works well since I clean the house and go grocery shopping (well sat I napped most of the day which made Sunday so busy) so it keeps me busy but not stressed because i have no time contraints on the weekend. All I say to myself is (for fitness goals) "all you need to do is food prep and not eat after 8pm". Granted, its more involved than that, but its a good mental trick that helps me feel relaxed and productive simultaneously.

Ok, posting via phone is tougher than i thought, lol. Happy Monday all!

Laura78
02-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Goodmorning 30-somethings! :) Another day of work on the way. I'm waiting for the madness to begin in my house - getting myself and the kids ready and to the bus on time and then off to my uber-stressful job. I had a great weekend overall...and I have a 4 day weekend coming up, so there is much to look forward to.

coffeeshopgirl - I do some prep ahead of time, but nothing like you do! That's amazing. I want to be you when I grow up :)

Laura - I have been noticing your workouts on MFP....simply amazing! I'm trying to work myself up to even walking for a good amount of time. I'm hoping by May I'll be working up to doing the C25K. I know where to come for inspiration ;)

Ross - I have two kids, who are now 7 & 8, so I've been in your shoes. Trust me, when they are napping, you rest. There will come a time when you won't really need that rest anymore because they will be independent. But take it where you can get it. Do your chores while they are awake, that's what I used to do :)

Skinnygirldreams - Funny, we were looking into a series in Boston in May. Not sure we're going to do it anymore, but we'll see. It's about a 8-9 hour drive.

gretel
02-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi - just popping in and out with a quick update on my weekend.

This weekend was no fun for me. First, I admitted defeat from a sinus infection and finally went to the doctor on Friday - started antibiotics right away. Then, my 17 month old daughter spiked a very high fever Friday night which just wouldn't come down, so we ended up at the ER last night. She still has a fever but is starting to eat and drink more. Yesterday, I went over my calories with the intention of weight lifting in the evening. I didn't know I'd spend hours in the ER instead. I am recovered enough to start exercising again. I just hope my little girl starts feeling better ASAP!

On the good news side, my 5k for Saturday was postponed to March 2nd thanks to the snow. This is a blessing in disguise because I was in no shape to run. And I'm down another 0.6 pounds this week to 190.4. I'm trying not to be disappointed with that number because I have eaten more than my plan and haven't exercised in a few days.

Ross111104
02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Laura78- the only problem is I don't do the chores when they are awake either! YIKES! LOL!!!

Laura78
02-11-2013, 05:53 PM
I had a trying day at work today and as I was driving home I thought this is the kind of day that I would just eat a bag of chips about three weeks ago. But the new me instead decided to stick within her calories :)

Ross - LOL, that is a problem then :D

gretel - Wow, you had quite the weekend! I pray that everyone is on the mend now :hug: Congrats on your loss!

Chubbygirl253
02-11-2013, 07:07 PM
I took my nephew to Pump It Up. It's a great workout. I wore my heart rate monitor because I knew it would be. Sure enough, I burned 1096 calories playing with the kiddo for 2 hours. That's as much as running 10k! And that kid had an absolute blast!

And I brought a snack along because I'm a prepared auntie. And the kiddo liked my low-cal snack as much as the junk he's used to. (5 calorie berry flavored water and special K 100-calorie pack pastry crisps. He thought it was juice & cookies.)

Very fun and successful day!

Ross111104
02-11-2013, 07:25 PM
1096 calories! Oh my goodness! That is fantastic! Your heart rate monitor tells you how many calories you burned? Is it like a watch?

KTB
02-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Ktb-oh my goodness. Super Bowl set me back bug time. But I am back to where I was pre Super Bowl so we will see what happens with my husbands events. But here is how I look at it. I am ok with the set backs because I know that if I don't just enjoy myself on special occasions then I am going to start resenting the process. For me the set backs are contributing to my consistency. Bein conscious if the fact that these are special occasions is a big deal. I was thinking today how did I eat the way that I used to eat on a regular basis and not weigh 1,000 lbs. I don't know but the fact that I am contiencious about what I eat on a regular basis is HUGE!

I know you are right. I managed to maintain last week through the Super Bowl party and 2 other events. I was very strict every other day surrounding those days too. With my old way of eating, I would of GAINED last week. It is a small victory. Thank you for reminding me of that.

KTB
02-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Just posted about my Sunday and came to the conclusion that I'm neurotic.:dizzy: I don't know how my DH deals with me. Is anyone else out there crazy with their food too?

This isn't neurotic, it's AWESOME. You are setting yourself up for success.

KTB
02-12-2013, 12:09 AM
That is prime time to plop my self on the couch and do nothing and relish in the silence (i have the loudest and most demanding children on the face of the earth). But you know it is something that I am going to have to get over and suck it up and do becuase it is for the greater good. Ahhh the onion....

I am not sure if you use it, but when I am planning meals, I find pinterest to be so helpful.

KTB
02-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Skinnygirl - Sounds like a great Valentine's day to me :)

Chubby - It's not a real gain if it comes right back off. Glad to hear you are feeling better and jogging 4 miles. NICE JOB!

Laura78 - Preplanning always helps me with those types of events. And kicking those chips to the curb? Well done you!

Gretel - I hope your daughter is recovered? Glad to hear your 5k was postponed. We ended up with only 12 inches of snow (I say only because they said a possible 18 inches of snow!)

As for me, I exploded at my husband tonight. We have an elliptical and a treadmill in our guest room and the agreed upon schedule is that I exercise Monday and Wednesday and he exercises Tuesday and Thursday. On a rare night where we both exercise, he agreed to be done by 8pm. We try to finish exercising earliy-ish because the noise is unfair to our neighbors, and because who wants to eat dinner at 9:30 at night? Tonight (A MONDAY AND MY NIGHT) apparently he got a late start because he procrastinated. Whatever, then you get off the machines at 8PM, because that is the deal. I was very frustrated, because the hardest part for me is to talk myself into exercising and there I was standing outside the door in my sneakers and workout gear, waiting. I ended up doing 30 minutes on the elliptical (the quieter machine) and eating a reduced calorie dinner. But this is not at all a compromise nor the ideal situation. Btw, you should see the snitfit he throws if it's too late to exercise or his dinner is too late for him. I reminded him of that. We had quite the heated chat. Meh.

Chubbygirl253
02-12-2013, 12:51 AM
@ Ross- yes, accurate calorie burns is ALL I use my hrm for. I know it does some fancy stuff but I dont care. If I had a dollar for every time I worried about my heart rate during exercise I would still be broke, lol. But as a calorie counter I do care about knowing my exact calorie burn so I know I'm taking in less than I use. Mine is a Polar Ft4 and it's worn on the wrist like a watch but it does have the chest strap sensor. But it's so comfortable you dont feel it, just sits right below the band of my bra. I did my research and went with a good brand for accuracy. Went with a model without all the bells and whistles I won't use to keep it in my budget. I paid for an extended manufacturers warranty in addition to the store's. And still paid under $100. I must say, I'm glad I got it because many exercises don't burn as much as I thought they did. Myfitnesspal overestimates their calorie burns by as much as 30-40%, yikes!

Wow that was long. You prolly didn't intend for that to be an essay question, lol.

Ross111104
02-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Chubby- no that is exactly what I wanted to know. I want to get one. I didn't even know they could do that! So is the chest monitor wireless? Where did you get it from. I am going to talk to my husband and see if I can invest in one.

Laura78
02-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Laura - That's great info re: your moniter. I would love one as well.....but not sure of wearing a wrist watch to work each day. Do you have to wear the watch?

KTB - That's soooo frustrating! But I am so impressed that you still pressed on and didn't use it as an excuses not to exercise at all.

Ross111104
02-12-2013, 07:18 AM
KTB- I absolutely love Pinterest!! You just look up meals on there for the week?

vmo1
02-12-2013, 10:41 AM
I've been MIA for far too long, this competition has been taking up my entire life! But it all payed off on Saturday, I took home gold! I'm so excited!!! Need a few days to rest up after everything and I can't wait to be back :)

Hope everyone is well and made it through Nemo ok!

coffeeshopgirl
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
KTB - Isn't it fun coordinating workouts with the husband sometimes? I know how you feel about needing to work out on a schedule, and it sucks when that's interrupted - especially for procrastination. I suggest some weighted hula hooping to make you feel better (I bought one this weekend = love it!). :twirly:

coffeeshopgirl
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
vmo1 - Good job on winning the gold!! Good to see you here again :)

KTB
02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
KTB- I absolutely love Pinterest!! You just look up meals on there for the week?

Yes, I have amassed a ton of meals on my pinterest, just but looking at my friends recipes or pinning things I liked. On Sundays, I would look through pinterest, choose 4-6 entree type meals, create a very simply meal plan, and write out a shopping list. It really helped us introduce some variety into our diet.

Of course, pinterest is addicting so sometimes I'd get caught up in it. lol

Chubbygirl253
02-12-2013, 02:17 PM
I got mine at spareorts authority. But they everywhere. Without additional warranty, prolly around $60 or so plus tax. But the extra warranty was only about $11 so I felt it was worth it. I haven't had any problems but if I do it's covered. My total bill with tax and warranty came to $89. I didnt get it on sale that I recall. If you wait for a sale I bet you could get it for less. Mine is pink. I like pink. I dont know if you can use it without the watch. I guess the chest strap sensor does the real work and the watch is just the readout but it also has start, stop, and pause. There are no wires or anything, just chest strap and watch.

Ross111104
02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Oh! I'm going to get one. What brand is it? I'm so excited!

Ross111104
02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
KTB- if I can ever get myself together and meal prep on the weekends then I will use my Pinterest food!

Laura78
02-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Happy Wednesday ladies! How is everyone? On Friday I'm going to start a DVD I got called "strengthening knees" - it is 20 minutes of lower body toning and stretching to help strengthen the knee. I'm looking for my knees to not be an excuse to stop exercising this time, so thought I would start with 3 weeks of doing this DVD before I jump into "real" excercise :)

KTB/Ross - I love pinterest too! I found skinnytaste.com that way. I make at least one thing from her website per week.

Laura - I really want a monitor too......I just keep thinking I won't wear it as it doesn't go with business casual. What to do what to do.

gretel
02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
KTB – I’m still trying to get my husband to exercise on a normal schedule. He’s active but doesn’t do anything specific. We’re both training for the same 75 mile bike ride in June, so he really needs to step it up. How did the heated conversation go? Did he get it?

Chubbygirl253 – I’ve been so lazy using my HRM. Thanks to you though, I’ve been inspired to wear it again.

vmo1 – congrats!

All – thanks for the concern. My daughter is fighting off something viral and still has a fever. She’s improving though. Me and Dad are ready for her to go back to daycare though. It’s very sweet that she just wants to be held but somehow that is more exhausting than what we normally do. I took 3 naps with her yesterday and I still went to bed early. The pediatrician said that it is a flu-like virus so the time down and recovery time is not unusual. I miss the other colds that were gone overnight!

Chubbygirl253
02-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Polar ft4.

I just stopped in to read your posts. I have terrible menstrual cramps and I've had a stressful day. Nite all.
Laura

Laura78
02-14-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning ladies! This week I did what I said I wouldn't do which is weigh myself daily. It's awful. Now this morning, a day before "official" weigh-in, I'm UP half a pound. I've done nothing different and it makes no sense. But what it does is remind me that I'm not one of those people that can weigh herself daily because it sets me off a bit. So, next week I'm back to once per week weigh-in. Maybe my scale will be nice to me tomorrow? :crossed:

Laura - I hope you feel better today!

Gretel - Hopefully your DD is back and at 'em soon. Having a sick child is no fun! :hug:

KTB
02-14-2013, 02:04 PM
KTB Im still trying to get my husband to exercise on a normal schedule. Hes active but doesnt do anything specific. Were both training for the same 75 mile bike ride in June, so he really needs to step it up. How did the heated conversation go? Did he get it?

I think it is safe to say he won't make that mistake again :D

KTB
02-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Morning ladies! This week I did what I said I wouldn't do which is weigh myself daily. It's awful. Now this morning, a day before "official" weigh-in, I'm UP half a pound. I've done nothing different and it makes no sense. But what it does is remind me that I'm not one of those people that can weigh herself daily because it sets me off a bit. So, next week I'm back to once per week weigh-in. Maybe my scale will be nice to me tomorrow? :crossed:

Isn't that annoying? You work hard all freaking week, and then see a gain? I've been struggling with that too!

Skinnygirldreams
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Hey Everyone! Happy Valentines! It's been a few days since I checked in. hope everyone is doing great :)
As for me... I have met with my personal trainer twice so far. It's going pretty well, except that this last time, I got pretty light headed by the end of it. Like nauseated light headed. My PT thinks it my be the mix of up and down exercises so she is going to re-work my plan so that I'm on one level at a time. I can definitely feel the burn the next day... and sometimes the day after that too! lol
On the plus side. I've lost 1.6 lbs since last week. YAY!
I bought my boyfriend and myself tickets for The Book of Mormon. It's a play in downtown chicago for those of you who may not have heard about it. I hope I can adjust my calories for the lunch or dinner we will be doing down there :) I'm excited, I've been trying to find tickets for this play for months but haven't had any luck at resonable prices until a week ago. He's been asking since July. haha

Kiz
02-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone is going well! I haven't read back over all the posts I missed as a bit pressed for time.

Had a great time in France skiing, but ate and drank my way through that and now am feeling bloated and have gained 6 pounds (mainly water weight though so should lose that soon!) Gah very frustrating!

Fortunately Mr. Rock Climber had to go back to Europe unexpectedly for work, so I have until Monday to get rid of this bloating!

Ok so I am going start calorie counting... but I don't know what number to start at... how did you guys choose how many calories to have?

Have a good day!

seabiscuit
02-20-2013, 05:00 AM
Hi,

I'm Amy and I haven't posted here for ages!

I love this site and I like this forum, everyone on this site is very supportive I find, so I thought I'd just jump in here!

I hope everyone is doing okay. I am getting over the flu strain B, and it is really frustrating to have my life kinda on hold until I am completely over it. I think I will see my family doc soon to see what else I can do, if anything to speed up the recovery process! It will be two weeks Friday that I have had this flu!

I'd really like to get the scale heading downwards in the losing weight direction. Last time I checked though, I had gained which I think is mainly due to a new medicine that I am on, I have gained about fifteen pounds on it. The medicine really does help me a lot so I want to learn to cope with the hunger. That being said, I am nervous about the weigh in at the family doc!

It would be a good idea if I cut back on eating junk! I don't eat it all the time but I eat it more than I need to LOL. My boyfriend is incredibly supportive of my eating more healthily and we both want to lose weight. He is beginning to accept that I have an eating disorder issue of overeating when I am upset, but I don't think he completely understands it, that's okay.

gretel, my heart goes out to you with your child being sick. Viral illnesses are horrible! I hope your kid feels better soon :) I also love your quote in your signature.

Take care everyone!

Amy

gretel
02-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Well good news - my daughter is almost 100%. She still has a bit of a cough but she is eating, playing, and acting herself again. She was under the weather for 6 days and only a little improved for another 2. I really hope she doesn't pick up anything else from daycare this winter.

seabiscuit - heal up! I know so many people sick with the flu, sinus infections, bronchitis, and there's a stomach bug going around here too. Rest weeks are good for your body too, so ease back into the exercise slowly so you heal fully.

kiz - personally I think we should live a little on vacation. if it is too hard to bounce back from these indulgences, you'll know how to adjust the next time around. I hope the water weight drops off quickly!

Skinnygirldreams - how was the book of mormon? I was just in NYC and tried to get the lottery tickets. There must have been 300 people trying to do the same thing. No such luck for me and my friend!

seabiscuit
02-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi Gretel, I am glad that your daughter is doing better! That is great news.

So, I saw the doctor at the family medicine/internal medicine group today and he said I am not contagious, phew. He says my cough is trapped air or inflammation from the flu. I only gained about 2 lbs, better than I thought I would do, still wish I could get the scales to lose weight but I have been going through a lot and I tend to comfort/stress eat.

Oh well, I am mentally feeling a little sad tonight. I am just so tired of getting sick, I have been sick a lot recently. I see a doctor next week who will hopefully help me figure all of this out...for now, I am just a bit blue. :(

OK, update! I am feeling even more blue and frustrated because although the doctor said I am not contagious, I feel like I am getting a fever again :( So much for my weekend plans with my boyfriend, D*MNET! I haven't seen him for awhile due to my being sick and I am just so frustrated. We were going to do dinner and a movie, but I highly doubt that is happening because I don't want to get him sick. I keep on crying about being sick all the time, but the tears do nothing! There's a chance I will see him Wed. of next week but that seems so far away. Sorry, I just needed to vent, thanks for listening.

KTB
02-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Hello ladies,

Just checking in. I am so close to breaking into the 170's and I feel like it's a battle every day and my body is holding onto the weight for all it's worth. I cannot wait to start a new 10lb range!

How is everyone doing?

Kiz
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Hey Everyone,

So I have discovered that my fitness pal scans bar codes and then fills out the info. This is fantastic! (yes I am a bit behind the times!) but anyway so I might actually be able to stick to this calorie counting thing. Started today... so far so good (It's 10:30am :D)

does anyone else use my fitness pal? because when I add in my exercise it seems to add a lot of calories ... seems like a massive amout, does anyone know if its generally accurate? do others use this function with success... or just stick to the calorie limit (ie 1200 calories) and not give heaps more for exercise?

Am still in my post holiday fat suit. Which is crappy since Mr. Rock Climber comes back today! Boo! Hopefully will see him in the next few days. Yay!

Kiz
02-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Seabiscuit,
Hope you feel better now!! Sounds like you have had a really rough time lately! Just remember not to be too hard on yourself and just do what you can do.

Hope you got to see your boyfriend and got a big hug, sounds like you needed one:hug:

seabiscuit
02-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks so much Kiz!

I ended up getting admitted to my local hospital for pneumonia starting Thursday evening. I think I am going home today, yay!

My boyfriend has been coming to visit a lot and will be driving me home. He is also going to get me some groceries and take me to the pharmacy. He is wonderful.

I am feeling better now, I still have a ways to go though. Yesterday I had a good cry as he was leaving and he stayed a little longer. I just feel so frustrated from all I have been going through.

I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now though! Yay !

Thanks so much for all the support. :)

gretel
02-25-2013, 12:37 PM
seabiscuit - I hope you get to go home today! That must be terribly frustrating. I see you are starting to feel better - did they figure out why you've been sick so often?

Kiz - there's lots of debate on the numbers from myfitnesspal. I've been using it quite successfully for the last 3 months. You definitely do want to eat some of those calories back! I think the deficit most people prefer is 300-500 calories left over. But, myfitnesspal calculates that for you, so you might want to try to have no more than 100 cals left over. What exercises are you curious about? The only real way to know how much you burn would be to wear a heart rate monitor.

KTB - congrats on the progress so far. I just got through one of those blocks at 190 pounds. Just keep working at it and don't be surprised if no weight lost over a couple of weeks turns into a whoosh when the scale moves again!

seabiscuit
02-26-2013, 04:41 AM
gretel,

I am home now! Yay!

I have to go to a specialist to figure out why I keep on getting sick so often. I will try to see him soon. In the meantime, I am just SO GLAD to be home and I can't wait to completely get over this pneumonia!

Thanks everyone for your support :)

Kiz
02-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Sea Biscuit, so happy to hear you are home now and have a plan of how to deal with this. It's always better when you have a plan, gives a light at the end of the tunnel =)

Gretel, so I've not succeeded at following the limits so far.... might be an indicator of why I am overweight and not losing weight atthe moment :dizzy: So at least its been good in clarifying that my plateau is indeed because I am eating far too much, and not as healthily as I have been convincing myself. Which while frustrating (because I thought I was doing well) is also fantastic, because it is very clear what I need to change to continue losing weight! :D

I am mainly cycling and swim training, I do a bit of personal training too. I was just surprised at how many calories they predict for a 1h30 swim training session. I have a HR monitor, but I really don't like wearing it (I think because I have rather big boobs that kinda get in the way and it's not super comfortable). Ok I'll wear it for a bit and see how close my actual results are to the predicted since they are a bit controversial.

Thanks for the heads up!

I have a lot of work to do! :mad: but then good things usually require hard work so its ok;)

gretel
02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Kiz - I've found the cycling calories to be pretty close to what I burn. But I can't speak for the other exercises.

seabiscuit
02-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi everyone -

I hope that everyone is having a good day! ;)

I am feeling a lot better and am almost over this pneumonia, I think. I am going to a new family practice physician's assistant tomorrow at 11 am. I am furious with my old family practice. 24 hours before I was admitted to the hospital, I saw my old family practice, and the doctor there said I just had a 'residual cough' and didn't take a chest X-ray or do any thorough work-up. The next day I was admitted to my local hospital for pneumonia. This afternoon I received a phonecall from a company that works with their office today for me to schedule with that doctor's office and I let the woman calling know exactly how I felt. She apologized and is going to relay my message to the office and I may speak with the office manager. I just feel very upset and frustrated with that office, especially being that they want me to pay $15 for a bill for that visit when the doctor didn't help much at all.

Anyways, I hope it goes well tomorrow at the new family doctor's office. I am interested to see what this physician's assistant thinks and hopefully I can get a chest x-ray done soon to see if I still have the pneumonia or not.

I'm looking forward to continuing to getting better. I took some long walks recently, my body was exhausted afterwards though! I'm trying to build up my strength :)

Next week I leave to see my family in NYC, I didn't think I would be able to go but I am feeling a lot better, just tired. I am really looking forward to going.

Take care everyone and thanks for listening! :)

Amy

Skinnygirldreams
03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey guys- I've been gone for a while. but I'm back!
Gret- the book of mormon was highly inappropriate but super funny. lol
Started back with the personal trainer on monday after taking 2 weeks off cuz my schedule was super crazy. Back with her tomorrow.
I'm going to start posting again because this has really kept me on point previously. I haven't weighed myself in two weeks. Im afraid. haha.

seabiscuit
03-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi again,

It seems like not many people have been posting on this thread lately, I wonder why...

I leave in a few hours to go to NYC! I am visiting a friend and family, which should be a lot of fun. I need some time to relax ;)

I broke up with who is now my 'ex-boyfriend' which was really rough. I still cry about it and I still think a part of me loves him but I am trying to move on.

Well, I better go make sure I am completely finished packing!

Take care...

Skinnygirldreams
03-08-2013, 10:59 AM
So I swear I thought I posted here yesterday... Well anyways I'm back. I took the last two weeks off from everything bad but needed. Soon. I'm back I went back to my personal trainer Monday and am going again this morning. I was afraid to get on the scale yesterday but I did. I'm up 1.4 lbs. hopefully I can knock that off quick. Hope all is ok with everyone!

seabiscuit
03-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi Skinnygirldreams-

Good luck with the trainer! I have worked out with some not so good ones and some great ones, it can be luck of the draw or finding the right fit, I think.

I hear you on weight gain, it doesn't sound like you gained much though. Think positively, we can do this!

As for me, I am visiting family now. I had a pretty healthy lunch and went for a walk. I am slowly rebuilding my strength!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

;)

Skinnygirldreams
03-08-2013, 09:12 PM
I hope you have a great visit with your family! Sorry about your break up. They are always rough.
I like my personal trainer she is wonderful.
I'm not beating myself up too badly. It's a s,all gain and I'm back on track.
Food wise I've done very well the last couple of days. I was at under 1500 calories yesterday. Today I'm at 1198 so far. I'm saving room for some ice cream lol. I try to stay between 1200 and 1700 calories.

seabiscuit
03-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Hey Skinnygirldreams-

Thank you for the kind words regarding my break up, I appreciate that. It is getting easier every day, and I know it was the best decision. Tonight I had a nice dinner with family and we had lots of laughs and smiles, it felt great! I desperately needed and wanted some humor and relaxation which I am getting!

That's great that you like your trainer! They can be wonderful! I hope she continues to help and empower you. That's great about getting back on track with the weight, I need to do the same. I gained about 15 lbs. on a medicine in January, which is frustrating. I was sick with the flu and pneumonia this past month so I haven't been able to exercise but I am taking walks now and hope to go swimming indoors again soon.

Take care!

Skinnygirldreams
03-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Even break ups that are for the best suck! Lol I had one of those a couple of years ago. I know some people tend to binge eat after but me... I lose weight and lost 30 when I had mine gym and cal watching...sadly I gained it all back when I injured my back and wasn't able to work out for 6 months. Family and friends can definitely make the difference :)
Pneumonia sucks for sure. I've had it twice since 2004. Hope you can get back to your old new self haha.
I'm really hoping to break out of the 20s in the next 2 weeks. Gotta keep chugging along. I'm determined. I'm heading to Florida in the middle of may with my boyfriend,, parents, sister, and nephew. I want to look decent lol hoping for a 20 lb loss by the .. We shall see!

seabiscuit
03-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Hey again Skinnygirldreams

Yeah break ups really can be rough! Thank you for your empathy! I haven't really been binge eating but I haven't been eating very healthily either. Yes, I agree that family and friends can be a huge support!

Yeah pneumonia is very scary, I'm sorry you've had it before too. I am feeling much better now, just still a little fatigued.

Good luck continuing on the weight loss journey, it can be a tough path at times but keep the faith and don't give up!

Take care...

Skinnygirldreams
03-09-2013, 02:33 PM
You and I may be the only ones left on this forum right now! Lol
Glad you are starting to feel better! The fatigue will go away with time.
Man my abs hurt today from my session yesterday! Lol still made myself work out today for 30 minutes did 12 min on the elliptical and then spent 20 doing some of the exercises I have learned through my sessions.
I work at 3p today so I've packed up my planned dinner and will be staying within my allotted calories today again :) I also made my boyfriends dinner which is in the crockpot. Tomorrow ill be taking that for dinner. Chicken w/ diced Italian seasoned tomatoes, green peppers, artichokes, and onions over a single serving of brown rice.. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow haha! I haven't figured out that calorie amount yet but I will. It shouldn't be too bad since it is all whole ingredients

seabiscuit
03-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Lol Skinnygirldreams-

You're right, we're the only two participating in this thread! I wonder why it has become so quiet...

I think the fatigue will get better too, so far it has improved. I think I may try going swimming indoors next week and see how I feel.

That's great that you have been exercising so much, good for you! Today I walked over 20 city blocks, which is about a mile. It felt great! I am trying to keep building up my strength.

Your dinner sounds yummy! I have heard that there are a lot of great dishes that can be made from a crockpot. I personally don't use one but I do want to start cooking more. I live alone so I like things that are simple, quick and easy.

Take care!

Skinnygirldreams
03-09-2013, 05:43 PM
I don't know why it's so quite lately. I took a little Hiatus from here for 2 weeks when I wasnt really keeping on track with anything. Prior to that we were all quite chatty!
A mile isn't too shabby yourself :)

Crockpot is awesome. You can do smaller meals in it too probably would have to tweek the cooking time but it can be done. When I lived alone I would measure out 2 portions of everything and cook it at the same time then I would have lunch or dinner for work the next day. I'd serve one portion up, and put the other portion straight into tupperware so that I wasn't tempted to eat it haha.

seabiscuit
03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi Skinnygirldreams-

Thanks! Yeah, it felt great walking today :). Personally, I find walking so invigorating and refreshing,it really clears my mind.

I know a lot of people who like their crockpots, but it concerns me to leave an appliance plugged in for a long period of time. I am sure it is safe but it worries me.

I had a nice steak dinner tonight, I had prime rib, it was delicious. I also shared a dessert with family. I do want to improve my eating habits though.

Take care ;)

Skinnygirldreams
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
I was just thinking that I want to see if my BF wants to take the dogs for a walk tomorrow (we have 3) it just snowed a bunch here in illinois on tuesday, but it's already starting to melt away since it's been in the 40s the last 3 days. If not, I'll just do the elliptical again and some of the exercises I've learned through my trainer.

Your dinner sounds delicious. I am a firm believer in eating what ever I want, as long as it fits within my allotted calories. It ends up being pretty healthy so that I don't have to starve the whole day for one meal haha. Yesterday I had a good breakfast (egg beater omlet with feta cheese, spinach, garlic, and mushrooms... and 2 oz of turkey sausage) and a decent lunch but around 3. so with my remaining calories I was feeling munchy so I made air popped popcorn, and a small ice cream sundae (1/2c ice cream, 1 tbs sugar free chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and a cherry) delicious! Managed to stay under 1500 calories for the day :)
On another note.. weighed myself today. and I lost all of my small gain of 1.2 lbs plus an additional .5 lbs yay :)

seabiscuit
03-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Hey again,

I had a great night but when I was laying down I started to get teary and upset again my break up. It's just so darn hard and painful! I am just glad I am with my family now, even though I leave Monday.

Congrats on your weight loss, way to go!

I wish I were more chatty but I am tired and a little blue.

Good night.

Skinnygirldreams
03-10-2013, 01:13 AM
It's alright. Totally understandable. I'm glad you have had your family to help you get through! I'm sure you know but it gets easier as time passes. I didn't date anyone seriously for a year after my last big break up. Just concentrated on me and spent times with my friends. It was actually after that when I lived all by myself for the first time. I loved having a place all to myself and my dog Sophie. Sometimes I miss it but shhhh don't tell Sean. I like living with him too. We are just together every waking minute except when I'm at work. Sometimes I miss just going home to a quiet home with no one to talk to at all hahaha

alaskanlaughter
03-10-2013, 01:15 AM
i still pop in here when i remember to...mostly i'm on the daily chat in the weight loss support section...

breakups definitely suck...i've been divorced once (although that wasn't that bad actually) and then went through a horrible breakup also with someone else...THAT one was heartbreaking :( but it led me to meet someone else and we totally fell in love and have been together for 10 years now, married for 3

pneumonia is horrible...i get pneumonia at least once a year, as well as bronchitis and various ear and sinus infections....i know exactly when i have pneumonia and go for xrays to confirm it...i learned the hard way NOT to ignore it, as i did that the first time i got pneumonia...i thought i had pulled a muscle in my back and it hurt so bad that my DH took me to the emergency room and the doctor later said that it wasn't my back hurting, it was my lungs filling up with fluid :( eek!

i dont post in here much because i also post in that other section....but i'm also very busy...i work full time managing a childcare center, i have 2 boys and DH, my boys are 6 and 15...and i also am on a board of directors for an early education nonprofit group in town...keeps me busy!

seabiscuit
03-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks so much for the support! The break up hurt so much because I never loved a man as deeply as him. Also, we both did and said some really mean and stupid stuff towards the end. We are both able to leave things on civil terms now which makes me feel a lot better. It's interesting and a shame how love can bond people, then rip them apart.

The pneumonia was very scary for me. My pulse was racing, I had a fever and I felt light headed my first night in the hospital. Both my mother and my grandmother had pneumonia at different points in their lives, may my grandmother rest in peace, she died from the pneumonia. So, I was petrified and terrified when the ER doc said I had pneumonia. Fortunately, the hospital staff did a great job of taking care of me, giving me three antibiotics at once and IV fluids. I felt better within a week or two. Now I feel pretty good, just tired.
Alaskanlaughter, I am so sorry you keep on getting sick. I get sick often too. Next month I see a doctor who is both an allergist and pulmonologist at the advice of my ENT doc. I am hoping he will help me get to the bottom of why I get sick so often. I hope you can figure out why you get sick often too and treat it.

Take care! It's great to see you post here again, Alaskanlaughter!

Skinnygirldreams
03-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, I was talking to the bf today telling him that I wanted to do a 5k this fall.. His response? Why don't we do one this spring. He is a runner. He did a half marathon last summer and a 5k or two. I know I won't be able to run a 5k by spring but most of them are run/walks so I figured. Why not? I mean I know I can walk the 5k. We take the dogs on 4 mile walks, so I think we will sign up. I just told him he will just have to wait for me at the end haha

seabiscuit
03-10-2013, 02:37 PM
That sounds awesome Skinnygirldreams! Good for you! What breeds of dogs do you have? I love dogs! I don't have any right now but I did growing up and being in NYC this weekend to see family, there are so many different dogs!

I just went for another walk, about twenty blocks or so, so another mile, maybe just under. My legs are a little sore from the walking but it feels good!

I am about to go meet a friend for tea, maybe I'll get a bite to eat too. This place has such healthy and yummy food.

Take care ;)

Skinnygirldreams
03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
We have wave who is an almost 7 yr old chow cocker spaniel mix (his dog)... But has rotwieler coloring lol, Sophie is a 4 yr old collie (my dog), and a 10 mo old border collie/ Australian cattle dog mix named Zoey. Zoey was suppose to be temporary lol my sister rescues her from a guy not talking care of her and we were going to foster til she moved in June with her bf but they broke up and she isn't moving anymore so now we have 3 dogs!
Enjoy your lunch :) I Pre packed my dinner and snacks with the chicken from last night and some yogurt, fruit and what not. Even put corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot for the bf for his dinner it's one of his favs.
I have to head to work now :( I didn't work out today figure ill take stairs instead of elevators at work still sore and I meet with my trainer again tomorrow so taking today off isn't the worst idea.

seabiscuit
03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
It sounds like you have some wonderful dogs, good for you for rescuing Zoey! How sweet ;) When we had our last dog, a Keeshond, our neighbor took him to nursing homes to work as a therapy dog. When I have been a patient at hospitals before and seen therapy dogs and other animals, they have been so wonderful.

Taking a day off is probably a good thing, rest is important. I am about to take a nap.

I had fun with my friend, and we went to a different restaurant than we had planned but it was fun and my lunch was somewhat healthy.

Have a good time at work.

Skinnygirldreams
03-10-2013, 06:00 PM
I have always wanted to do pet therapy with Sophie! She would make a great therapy dog. If I ever have time. Working 3-11 sucks up my days.. :(
Glad you had fun with your friends.... I weighed myself again today... just for the heck of it.... down to 200.2... almost ready to leave the 200's in the dust. cant wait!

seabiscuit
03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Congrats on almost being out of the 200s! That is wonderful! I really want to and have to lose weight for my health. I will feel so much better doing that. Losing weight is a battle I have been fighting for years. I look forward to taking some more walks this week and perhaps swimming indoors too.

I bet the pet therapy would be rewarding for both of you, if you ever had the time.

Have a nice evening! I leave tomorrow from my family's and I really don't want to go. I never like leaving. :(

Take care...

kmorin
03-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Hello All! Just wanted to introduce myself -- I am new to 3fc's & started on the Ideal Protein Diet November 2012 (1 week before T-Giving...not a great idea) & lost 16 lbs between T-giving & Christmas. I've had a bit of a hard time getting back into the groove of things as I've felt I've tried every diet known to man - WW, SouthBeach, Paleo, Juicing - you name it, I've tried it!!
It was much easier in my 20's to lose the weight (which I did about 10yrs ago), but as I've grown to the ripe old age of 34 things aren't so easy anymore!!

Hope to make some new friends in this journey of mine!!

Skinnygirldreams
03-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Hey Kmorin! Welcome to the daily chat and 3FC! Congrats on the 16 lb weight loss so far! How does the IP diet work for ya? I'm a calorie counter myself. I combine that with seeing a personal trainer twice a week, and working out on my own as a supplement. I'm thinking of starting the couch to 5 k program because I'd love to be able to run a 5k this fall. I might be walking one next weekend. I just think running a whole race would feel like such an accomplishment even if I was the slowest runner there! haha
We seem to be fairly close in weigh. Your 7 pounds ahead of me go you! and are working towards the same weight. Hopefully we can help motivate each other!

seabiscuit
03-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi kmorin- welcome! Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome!

I am turning in for the night, had a great weekend but I have to head back home tomorrow which makes me a little sad. On another note, I am corresponding with a guy from ok Cupid who seems very nice, he said I have a cute face, and gave me his # ;) I am excited but nervous.

Well, I am going to bed. Take care!

Kiz
03-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Hiya,
Sorry for my absence, life gets in the way of intentions sometimes hehe

Skinnygirl: awesome about the 5k

Seabiscuit : sounds like things are picking up for you again. Catching up with friends is always good, especially it can be relatively healthy too! Exciting about the new potential guy! :D Look forward to hearing more about him (and any others:))

Kmorin : welcome to 3FC!!

I have been celebrating my birthday... for a week! :^:It's been great... but yeah... not so much for my diet!

I am getting to the crunch time where I really need to start losing weight and properly training or I am not going to survive my cycling races in June and September... so am talking to a new guy about writing me a training program and hopefully will get re-motivated.

On the plus side, the weather has turned and is now suddenly getting warm! So that should help my motivation too!

Mr. Rock Climber... well things still seem to be going in the right direction... but at a speed that is so slow it is inperceptable to the human eye lol He travels so much its rediculous. Supposed to be seeing him tomorrow night... but who knows if that will actually happen.

Have a great day all!

Skinnygirldreams
03-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Kiz! I've been waiting for your return! Lol I've been curious about how things are going with Mr. Rock climber. Hahaha! Glad things seem to be going well traveling for a job would be awesome but not fun for starting a relationship.

Yea I'm not 100 percent sure about the 5k this weekend. It is suppose to rain but at the very least I think I am going to start the c25k program.

It's starting to warm a little here in Illinois... Hit 50 today of course it also rained all day so I'm not too sad about spending the evening working!

Well off to bed tomorrow is my day off but I want to get up fairly early to enjoy breakfast and a cup of coffee before my personal training season.

Good luck on getting a new plan for your cycling races. And happy birthday! Everyone deserves to go off plan at least a little on their birthday week :) ill eagerly await your update on mr. Rock climber!

seabiscuit
03-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Hey Kiz!

Great to hear from you again! It sounds like you are doing well, which is great!
I will definitely keep you posted about this guy, thanks for caring so much. :)

I am going back to bed, good night.

kmorin
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
skinnygirldreams - thanks so much! IP is good, but I crave fruit & dairy & have made the decision to shift to the WonderSlim program. Very similar, however allows fruit/dairy. I too hope we can motivate each other! The city in which I use to work sponsored a 5K walk/run every year & I participated twice & what a great feeling!!

seabiscuit - thanks & I hope you got a good nights sleep! These time changes lately throw me for a loop!! I got up this morning all bright eyed & bushy tailed & it felt early enough...but no - it was 10 o'clock! I guess having a rotating schedule doesn't help either!

Skinnygirldreams
03-11-2013, 01:16 PM
So I did my 30 min session with my personal trainer this morning.. Here I am chugging along with the work out just raring to go when all the sudden she says "we'll 30 mins in done" I was so shocked that it flew by so quick. I wanted to stay and keep working out but I have my nephew for an over night today and he didn't want me to be gone for too long (left him with my bf). I totally sweat my butt off though. What a great feeling! I told Tanya (my trainer) about wanting to lose 20 lbs before my cousins wedding may 18th (leaving that night after the wedding for Florida).she said it was totally doable. ::excited:: well time to jump in the shower Sean and I are taking Aiden bowling :)

seabiscuit
03-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Hey Kmorin-

Yeah the time schedule threw me for a little bit of a loop too. I love fruit and dairy, that would be hard for me to give up. They are healthy for you too, if you choose the right kind of dairy! I hope you are having a good day.

Hey Skinnygirldreams-

That is great that you had another good workout with your trainer and that she thinks your weight loss goal is doable, awesome! It sounds like you really click with her and that is so important.

I just got home, I was away visiting family. I am a bit sad to be home because I don't really like where I live here in what I call "suburbia" - I want to move to NYC to be with my family. I am looking into moving there because I am unhappy here. I also am still upset about the break-up with my 'ex-boyfriend,' not to sound like a broken record, it's just so hard for me to deal with, even though I think I am coping with it better than before. Sigh, I am tired and just got back from a two and a half hour bus trip so I think I'll lay down even though I just ate some potato salad which I definitely did NOT need, I did want it though.

Talk to y'all later...

Skinnygirldreams
03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Hey Seabiscuit- Tanya and I do seem to have a pretty good relationship. I think it is because we around the same age and have similar relationship dynamics. I was quite excited when she agreed with my doable short term goal.
I haven't been to NYC since I was a kid my mom worked out of JFK for a couple years about 5 yrs ago but now is out of Boston. She is a flight attendant.

I hope the break up pain is lessening a little more each day.keep your chin up!

seabiscuit
03-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey skinnygirldreams-

Thanks for your kind words about the break-up. It is getting better, thanks, it is just difficult at times.

That's neat that your Mom is a flight attendant. I always thought that would be an interesting job but it must be a bit unnerving nowadays.

I am so tired, I am not sure why, maybe just from the bus trip but I was tired yesterday too. I don't like being so fatigued.

take care...

Skinnygirldreams
03-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Feel better Seabiscuit!
It's official... We are doing the 5k Saturday! He says he is going to walk it with me and the next one he will run it since he hasn't run but a handful of times through the winter... I think he is just humoring me but that's ok :) I'm excited probably going to be cold though haha
My mom loves being a flight attendant she has been doing it for 8 years now I think. It's great for my parents my dad will fly with her sometimes just for fun if she has a day or two layover somewhere

seabiscuit
03-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks skinnygirldreams! I think I am tired because my hemoglobin level is low due to my having had the flu and pneumonia. In the hospital, they said it should get better and I hope it does because I am tired of being tired. Anemia is a battle I have struggled with for years, it runs in my family too.

Have a great time doing the 5K! Good for you!

That's so sweet of your Dad to fly with your Mom sometimes, awe, that's very kind.

Maybe I will go swimming tomorrow...

Take care, have a good night!

sassyangies
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Hi ladies! I hope it's ok to join you guys here. I usually hang around in the other forums and hadn't even seen this one for some reason. I started this journey January 1st and I'm still going strong. Ups and downs, but I have lost 31 pounds since I started. I'm started to find myself more and more I go on this journey and I'm excited for what the year has to offer me.

Skinnygirldreams
03-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey sassy! Welcome :) and congrats on your weight loss so far!!! Great accomplishment.

seabiscuit
03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Congratulations on your weight loss sassyangies! That is wonderful!

I wanted to go to the Y today to go swimming but it was raining a lot and I ended up getting wet in the rain when I went for a blood test so I opted not to LOL. Maybe I will be able to go tomorrow, it is supposed to be sunnier here tomorrow :) I hope that I can get my energy back, I miss being active. I was asleep for most of the day today. The blood test I had is for my anemia, and my blood count went down when I got sick, I hope it will go back up, I have been really tired lately.

On a positive note, I didn't go to Starbucks for breakfast like I often do. Instead, I had a bowl of cold cereal. :) I got into such a habit of going to Starbucks and having a pastry and passion tea lemonade with no syrup but 2 splenda and if I could only start breaking that by having more cold cereal or oatmeal here at home, maybe getting some Tropicana 50 OJ to go with it. I am proud of myself that I didn't go to Starbucks, I am going to try to stay in with my cereal or oatmeal again tomorrow. It will save me some money and some calories and fat! :)

Take care!

Skinnygirldreams
03-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Way to use your will power :) I ate out twice yesterday lol Breakfast because I had to pick my nephew up in the morning be for my training session, and ended up either that or nothing so I had an egg mcmuffin... I did manage to NOT order a hashbrown. Lunch we ate out as well because we were out bowling and so I got a grilled chicken pita... I was not able to withstand ordering french fries this time.. but I just adjusted the rest of my days calorie intake and still managed to stay within my calorie limit. So.. I say it was successful lol

I hope your test comes back with all the right numbers seabiscuit :) That would explain some of your fatigue!

Kiz
03-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Hi All,

I'm sorry I haven't read any of your stuff, I'm just here to vent and be all self absorbed today sorry! Please don't read the rest of this post if you are looking for anything related to weight loss... I am about to ramble about the unfairness of life lol

So Mr. Rock Climber is properly annoying me, he is really good at making plans and then cancelling them at the last minute for legitimate reasons, but a lot of the time I think... you must have known this earlier today so why couldn't you tell me then (like being stuck in another city a day longer than planned with work). This really annoys me because I genuinely think he is that busy (he's just moved countries, it's his own business and its going through the niggles of moving one of the MD's overseas so I have been giving him lots of slack), and then last night we were supposed to see each other, but he was in lots of pain and high on drugs after spending the afternoon at the dentist with wisdom tooth problems. Can't have the operation to get it out because he has to stop taking blood thinners for DVT before they can do that (he had DVT before). So has to cancel all his flights coming up. Again... legitimate reason not to see me... but did he need to wait to 6:30pm to tell me... really? Yeah didn't think so.

And just to make it clear, I have a pretty busy schedule, I work full time, have a small company on the side, am starting another potentially larger company (literally as we speak it's being set up and filing patents in China EU and US next week:)). Then am training for these cycling races, trying to lose weight, and ya know like to see my friends and family from time to time as well... so grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am pissed off:mad::devil::mad: (can I say that here?).

I have tried not to go mental at him, but I think he understands I'm pretty close to my limit with him. I'm just annoyed and frustrated. And well the ball is in his court, will leave to him to make stuff happen, he has until the end of the week or I am moving on. In so many ways we are awesome for each other, but that's a moot point really if I never get to see him without 5 cancelled dates first.

Sorry for that tirade. :o I thought it best to blow of steam on here where I don't have to be PC at all.

On the good news, I have re-started calorie counting and am currently still on target to make my daily allowance today. It is a lot less food than I have been eating. I am looking foward to swim training tonight I just need to blow off some steam. I love the barcode scanner on myfitnesspal! How it has revolutionised calorie counting!! maybe I might actually stick with this and shock horror lose some weight!

I hope you all have a lovely day, I will try to be nicer tomorrow ;)

amilli79
03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Good morning, everybody. I've introduced myself in another part of the forum, but I'll do it again. :) I'm Angie, and I'm 33. My goal weight is 165, but honestly, I want to lose weight until I'm comfortable. I've lost 26lbs with a bunch to go. No more huffing and puffing going upstairs. No more getting halfway though a Jillian Michaels DVD and then watching the rest from the couch. No more wrestling with my son only to yell "uncle!" because I'm too worn out to continue.

My thoughts: Don't ya hate when you cook a "healthy" recipe, only to find out it was full of sodium? I made a delicious Weight Watchers dish. I think it's a Cuban rendition of chili--spicy with a little bit of sweet. I got lower sodium black beans and rinsed them prior to throwing them in the crockpot. Lo and behold, I checked the scale this morning, and I'm up a pound! I know it's water weight, but that's detrimental to a chick--or anybody!--who's trying to lose weight. Ah, my goal is to hit the bottle--the water bottle, of course, all day. The pound plus must go!

gretel
03-13-2013, 10:40 AM
hi everyone! I haven't been on for a few days, so I have a couple of pages to read. I hope to get to that over lunch. I'm excited for a trip this weekend but that also means no scale for my daily weigh ins. I wasn't good last weekend so I'm really focusing on at least making the healthiest choices if not getting my exercise in too. We are taking the kiddos swimming in a pool, so I guess it's time to see how well my swimsuit fits. I'm 20 pounds lighter now.....hmmm, we'll just have to see. Hopefully I can find the time to respond to everything else that has been going on.

Skinnygirldreams
03-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Kiz- First I want to say... that's rough. Nothing is more frustrating when you are trying to get to know someone and/or date them, than I bunch of cancelled dates! Even ligitiment reasons because difficult to accept especially with short notice cancellations. Hopefully he gets his schedule in check so that you can continue on your dating path.
You sound like a pretty busy chica! Good luck on the new business :)
Calorie counting- love it! I use a different one, but I too love the scanner. It makes it so easy!!
Amilli- welcome :) It is definitely frustrating when you see the scale go up! Been there myself. Hopefully you will see a big whoosh when it comes off!
Gretel- Welcome back:) Whre are you going this weekend? Anywhere fun?

Kiz
03-14-2013, 02:35 AM
Skinnygirl, thanks for the message, I have calmed down today and we had a pretty frank conversation last night so lets hope its all in the past.

OMG how much do I love scanning just everything in the world to see how many calories are in it... genius idea whoever created that! :love:

Gretel : sounds like a great weekend you have planned...but you might want to try that swim suit on asap... 20 pounds!! That is awesome... but you might have to go last minute swim suit shopping I think! (:D what a great reason to have to buy new clothes!)

Angie: Yep the water weight sucks! so frustrating! But sounds like you are making fantastic progress so I am sure you'll just keep on trucking until you hit your goal!

Seabiscuit: how you going? :wave:

Sassy: wow congrats on the weight loss and welcome!

Ladies am most inspired by all your big losses!! Am hoping to get my losses going again. It is hard to remind myself that while I am up from my most recent low, I am still just over 20 pounds from my initial weight. I just have been bouncing around the same weight for months and months now, and so need to start losing some more. Hopefully my new found love for my calorie counter scanner thingy is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back (because clearly getting naked in front of Mr Rock Climb aka has the body of a greek adonis, did not have the positive weight loss ramifications I was hoping for lol)

have a great day ladies! Love being inspired by you!

Skinnygirldreams
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Haha kiz! You'll get there! And scanning everything is awesome lol. My work is going to start having bar codes for the meals they serve in the cafeteria that work for my fitness pal.. I may have to switch apps but idk cuz I really try to bring my own food for dinner so I don't spend a ton of money each week (they make it so easy to do, just swipe your badge and they take it out of your check!)

2 more days of work then I get the weekend off, yay! Tomorrow I meet with tanya, my trainer, then Saturday is the 5k and we are going to my bf's aunt's house to celebrate her bday. Sunday I'm hoping to maybe do dinner and a movie but we will see.

I have to be honest... I'm already dreading Easter and trying to figure out how to stay on point, or even how to track my calories!

seabiscuit
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Hey there-

I am doing okay, but was really depressed yesterday. My ex boyfriend had to stop by to give my belongings back that I had left at his place, nice of him to drop them off. Some things still stirred up some emotions in me, I came into my apartment and kept crying. :( I tried replying to this thread last night but one of my browsers doesn't like this site for some reason, thank goodness I have three browsers! I texted the other guy back that I was in contact with and let him know I am not ready for a relationship right now, and apologized for letting him down. I feel guilty but I need to take care of myself first.

Today I saw my psychiatrist which helped, and when I saw my therapist yesterday she mentioned a weight management group at the mental health center that I go to. She is going to put in a referral for me for that group and the group leader will contact me. I am looking forward to talking to the group leader and perhaps trying out the group.

I feel a little blue still and I haven't been eating as much because my permanent dental crown came out yesterday when I was chewing a jellybean! So, thank goodness I have a dental appointment this Friday, tomorrow so I can see what they can do, if anything, although this appointment is for just an evaluation, I am a new client there.

My hemoglobin level was low in my blood so my doctor is doubling my iron intake with iron pills which is good because I have been very tired. I think the fatigue comes from the depression too. I know my hemoglobin went down because of the flu and pneumonia.

Thanks for everyone being supportive!

Take care and thanks for letting me vent!!!

Skinnygirldreams
03-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Hey Seabiscuit- Sorry you have been having a rough go lately. It was good to have a realization that you aren't ready to jump into something quite yet and to let the guy you were talking to know instead of leaving him hanging.
It's great that your Dr. is referring you to the weight management group. Can't go wrong with extra support!
Hope you other doctor can get your Iron levels up! Im sure you depression and fatigue are probably linked, but when you add in the low iron level it's probably less still. Hopefully your Iron level going up with decrease the fatigue which will have you more active and will help you with the depression. :)

On a happy note... I am free of the 200's!!! I weighed myself this afternoon, and I am down to 198.8 yay!!!! I'm going to be working towards losing a minimum of 18 more pounds before I go to my cousin's wedding and then vacation May 18th. :)

seabiscuit
03-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Congratulations Skinnygirldreams! That is awesome news! Way to go! :carrot:

Thanks, yeah, I am looking forward to hearing from the group facilitator about the group! I think it may really be able to help me out. I'd love some extra support. A different ex-boyfriend of mine who I am now good friends with knows the group facilitator and went to this group, I hope to see him soon and talk to him about this.

I am also really looking forward to getting more energy from the iron, then I will feel more able to exercise. I take walks now but I think that once I feel strong enough to exercise I could help the losing weight process out too.

I think I made the right decision about letting the guy know I am not ready for a relationship. I hope his feelings aren't hurt too badly.

Congrats again skinnygirldreams, you are very inspiring!

amilli79
03-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Seabiscuit, I hope you feel better!

seabiscuit
03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks so much amilli!! I really appreciate that ;)

How are you doing?

Kiz
03-15-2013, 03:47 AM
Seabiscuit: wow you have been going throught the wars lately. Sounds like a great recommendation to join that support group!! Seems like there is a good group of people you are working with to get you back on top form. Just stick it out and you'll feel so much better with the extra iron and stuff:D I am sure that dating will be something you go back to in a bit when you are feeling good and ready. No need to rush.

Skinnygirl : :bravo::dance::dancer::woohoo: That is awesome!!!!!!!!! You must feel great! What a milestone eh! I am so lazy that I would totally have the scanned meals (depending on the calorie count hehe) but I think if you have the motivation to make your own healthier and cheaper meals even 3 or 4 days a week, then you are going to win all around in the long run. I mean my approach is how I ended up in this mess in the first place... it wasn't exactly rocket science to work out how/why I gained weight hahahahaha

Mr Rock Climber seems to have taken on board things from our chat the other day... its almost scary... a man who listens. When did they start existing?!?! ;) it seems there is hope for him yet.... we will see :D

gretel
03-15-2013, 08:13 AM
I never did find the time to catch up on the daily chat. I'm headed to Milwaukee - not exactly a warm and exotic locale, but between my 18 month old and her 2.5 yr old cousin...we're going to be spending time in the indoor hotel pool. I tried on my suits, and while I do look much improved, sadly they still fit. I just don't look like a stuffed sausage anymore. You know that fat that folds over tight tops in your armpit? Yeah, there's no where near as much of that too. I am too small for one of the bottoms. Gotta love those tankinis!

Have a great weekend everyone! I hope to hear lots of success stories that involve making healthy choices all weekend, not splurging, and taking exercise to a new level. See you on Monday!

amilli79
03-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks so much amilli!! I really appreciate that ;)

How are you doing?

I'm doing good, thanks for asking ! It's supposed to be 70+ degrees in my neck of the woods, so I am really excited to go for a walk this afternoon. I just have to get through this eight hour shift first. Pray for me! :^:

Skinnygirldreams
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Gretel- have fun!
Amilli- I'm jealous of your weather :) it snowed yesterday and tomorrow for my 5k it is only suppose to be 40! Brrrrrr

seabiscuit
03-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone,

Kiz- Thank you so much for your support! I greatly appreciate it. I am waiting to hear back from the group facilitator. I think that group could be very helpful for me. Yes, I agree, I am lucky, I have a lot of supportive people in my corner.

Gretel- Have a great time! It sounds like all of your weight loss efforts are paying off! I hope you really enjoy yourself!

Amilli- I actually did say a little prayer for you and I hope that your walk is great!

As for me, I am doing better now that my dental crown was re-cemented. It's amazing to me, I feel quite a bit less hungry, which I think is definitely a good thing. I hope to keep up this lesser appetite when my tooth feels back to normal. The dentist said I can eat anything I want but my gum is still sore so I am eating soft foods, so for dinner I had whole wheat pasta with one of my favorite tomato sauces.

It is chilly here and I would love to go for a walk but not until the weather gets warmer. When I start my volunteering on Tuesday at 8am, I will take a short walk to and from the hospital. I hope it isn't too cold then! We're expecting rain and snow again here tomorrow!

I may see my friend this Sunday, which would be nice. I miss seeing him, and he is very supportive of me. Maybe I'll go to church this Sunday too, I haven't gone to my hometown church since before Christmas and I keep saying I'll go but I haven't.

Well, I better go do the dishes!

Take care everyone!

Skinnygirldreams
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Personal trainer kicked my butt today! lol. It's alright though. It was mostly arms/ back, abs stuff so I should be alive tomorrow with the 5k!

seabiscuit
03-15-2013, 09:24 PM
I hope your 5K goes great!! ;)

amilli79
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
My walk was great yesterday! It was good to get some fresh air for once. I can't wait for spring! Thanks for the prayer, Seabiscuit; when I was a kid, my mom would always say, "Why can't I be rich instead of beautiful" before she'd go to work. I never understood that until now. :dizzy: I need a new job that I enjoy, but I'm blessed to be employed, so I shalt not complain.

Skinnygirl--It was cold where you live? That's no good, other than it being snuggle weather! I see you worked out with a trainer? I had a trainer, who I liked until I found it she lives a couple of streets away from me. No ma'am, she might see me visiting a restaurant on a splurge day and punish me in the gym. No.can.do. :devil:

seabiscuit
03-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Amilli-

That's great that you had a nice walk! I love walks too. Today is not the perfect day for one here though, it has been snowing all day.

Thanks for the insight about what your Mom said! I appreciate it.

I hope to see a friend tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad. It would be great to see him, I haven't seen him for awhile. I hope it's not too slushy out, I would like to go to church. Perhaps I will go in my boots!

I am enjoying a quiet day here. I got to sleep in and then I just decided to relax a bit, am doing some laundry too.

Take care.

Skinnygirldreams
03-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Hey Amilli it definitely been cold. It snowed while we were doing the 5k. I can't wait for it to get warmer! My trainer lives in the same town as me. It doesn't bother me because I plan on staying with my eating and exercise plan. My whole body hurt the last two days from working with her and the 5k. Finally I woke up today feeling better. Thank god since I had to work with Tonya today.
Tomorrow I plan on taking the dogs for a nice long walk.... As long as I don't have to work 9am-11pm that is lol

seabiscuit
03-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Hey Skinnygirldreams-

Good for you for doing the 5K! Way to go! I hope you had a nice walk with the dogs.

I am doing pretty well, I wish the weather here would get nicer but I did take a walk yesterday. I start my volunteering tomorrow at my local hospital! I am really looking forward to it. I hope when I feel stronger I will work out at the gym. I got an injection in my knee today and my knee feels a little better from it.

Take care everyone...

gretel
03-19-2013, 10:10 AM
It looks like it will still be another few days before I can catch up. My trip was lovely. We spent it with family - my 1.5 yr old and her 2.5 yr old cousin did very well together and completely wore each other out. They didn't quite play nice yet, but that will come. Sadly, we had to put my 18/5 yr old cat to sleep while we were still away. We knew it was a possibility, but still....I'm stuck feeling so guilty that I wasn't there for her when she needed me most. My vet is trying to convince me that pets tend to give up the fight when their owners are away to spare them the grief. I don't know what to believe, so I choose that option over the less bubbly that she gave up hope because I abandoned her. I let my emotions overcome me yesterday and had taco bell for lunch and ice cream for dinner. I hope that today will be better than yesterday and so on until I don't feel the loss of my kitty so harshly. I had her since 1994, more than half of my life. *sigh* I'm going to miss her.

amilli79
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Gretel: Sorry to hear about your cat; I know that I treat my two dogs like children, so I definitely can understand the grief that you're feeling. She's in kitty Heaven now chasing yarn and eating unlimited snacks, so she's happy. Bounce back from your "off day" of eating out of the norm; as long as it's one day, it's no big deal.

I hope everybody is doing well today! I had a splurge day yesterday, and boy, did I enjoy myself! I had sweets and bread, two things I normally forgo. My mother kept asking me--"Angie, how many calories is that? How many points are in that chocolate cupcake?" No more splurges like that until my anniversary with my honey next month. Is it wrong that I'm excited and highly anticipating it?

Skinnygirldreams
03-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Gretel, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. I lost mine when he was 13. Just remember you gave her the best life and that she went to kitty heaven having that.mi wasn't there when my cat passed either and it's hard, but knowing they had a good long life helped me.
Amilli, it's so cold here, I don't want to get out of bed, as a matter of fact all I did so far today was let the dogs out, make breakfast and coffee and them crawl back into bed lol I decided its lazy Tuesday ... At least until I have to go to work!

I'm thinking of making my nephew a rag quilt for Easter.. I've never done a quilt before but it could be a fun project.... We will see lol

seabiscuit
03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Gretel,

:hug: I am so sorry for your loss of your cat. Animals are so precious and are so hard to lose. I am sure she cherished her time with you. May your kitty rest in peace. :hug:

Angie,

I agree that splurges are fun! I find I have to give myself permission to have some splurges every now and again or I binge. Being too strict never worked for me, but neither did way too much leeway. I still work on finding a balance.

Skinnygirldreams,

I know the feeling of not wanting to get out of bed! You are so active though with your 5K and working with your trainer, give yourself a break. It is cold here too in PA but at least the sun is out, yesterday was a snowy/wintry mix and today was a light drizzling rain here.

Today was my first job volunteering at a local hospital where I have been both a patient and volunteer before. It was fun and interesting to help others out today. I will be going twice a week.

At Kmart, I tried on some pants for volunteering ( we wear khakis ) and I bought a pair that is a little tight but otherwise comfortable. They are an inspiration to me to get the weight off! Seeing myself in the dressing room mirror was a harsh reality. I know I am beautiful but I have to get these pounds off. At the grocery store, I made some healthier choices and bought some fruit and less caloric snacks instead of potato salad and tostitos chips. I still want to become more active yet I feel tired a lot. I see so many doctors I have lost count. I start the weight management group next week! Wish me luck!

Take care everyone ;)

Kiz
03-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Gretel, so sorry to hear about your cat! It's always hard to lose a pet.

Everyone else seems to be doing well!

I have no real news, I am good some times and crap sometimes. I think the crap food is making me really tired though, so am going to try and eat real food (not food like products) for the rest of the week and get some sleep as well as exercise and hopefully feel more energised by the weekend.

Mr. Rock Climber has had his wisdom tooth out yesterday and is no doubt drooling everywhere now (or did that just happen to me for two days afterwards and no one else?:)) Hopefully we will actually catch up this week (post drooling). It's been a while, not sure I remember what he looks like :D

Skinnygirldreams
03-20-2013, 08:59 PM
You aren't the only drooler post widsom tooth extraction lol. Actually... I only had one develop. while in basic training they do full mouth x-rays and said I only had one and it was perfect... well due to stress and clenching I abscessed it and had to have it removed anyways! not fun. :(
I decided I wanted to come up with a new hobby.. so thanks to pinterest I decided I am going to attemp to make a rag quilt... wish me luck, I havent used a sewing machine since 6th grade. Last night I cut up most of the squares, only about 20 left then I can attemp to sew.
I figure my first attempt I'm going to be giving my nephew and he is 5, so he wont care if it isnt perfect.
I intend to try and make one for my grandma (a breast cancer design) She has been in remission for the past 5 years almost.

amilli79
03-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Seabiscuit- That's great that you're making better choices! I think after a while, it becomes habit. It makes me laugh when I find myself craving fruit and veggies instead of the junk food now. Oh, and good luck with your group! I know you'll do well!

Kiz- I definitely needed a bib for a while after I got my wisdom teeth pulled; it was SO embarrassing to constantly wake up with a soaked pillow...

Skinnygirl-Good luck with your new project!

Kiz
03-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Good to know the drooling was a normal recovery and not me being extra special :)

Skinnygirl : the rag quilt sounds great! I am sure your nephew will love it! I would hate to see myself attempt to use a sewing machine now... it has been a long time. I did want to get one to take up trouser hems... but like many things, just never got around to it! Can you post a pic of the quilt afterwards, then we can rank each of your creations using a complex grading system (yet to be created :D). I am sure your grandma will also love it, and so awesome that she survived breast cancer!

I just had a McDouble for lunch (just the burger) it doesn't really fit into my 'healthy eating' plan, I don't know why I did it... don't you hate that, when the sudden urge when you walk past beats you... like it wasn't even that nice... why?? why would I do that! Urgh:mad:. Otherwise all going well. Have swapped my daily coke for home made iced lemon tea without sugar, and overall eating better.

Missys Mom
03-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi Everyone. I am new here, just joined this evening....this website was highly recommended....I read about it in a magazine and a couple people at my local gym recommended it as well. I am 38 years old, mom to three furbabies. My goal weight is 160 and my highest weight was approximately 400 lbs back in 2005 when I was still married. I am now divorced, 264 lbs. I am a Weight Watcher and only joined a short while ago and lost my first 14 lbs in the first few weeks. I was told this would be great support for me :)

Skinnygirldreams
03-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Kiz- sure ill post pics haha just hope that grading has a learned curve :P
I didn't eat so health today. I ate 1/4 of a large pizza! Blahhh I just really wanted pizza. I should have just taken my time and eaten slowly then I might not have eaten so much. Oh well. Other than that I mad a chicken quesadillas with 1 taco shell and low fat mozzarella cheese. Idk if I went over my calories for the day but if I did... Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day and I've got an appointment with Tonya tomorrow.

Welcome Missy's Mom! You have made great strides in your weight loss journey already. Welcome and I hope you enjoy this group as much as I do!

Tipstar
03-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Hello everyone, I just joined last night I found it through google gotta love google. I'm single, no kids, one fur baby, youngest of four and always been the "big" little sister. I really started to take control of my life and weight last May starting with working out more and becoming a vegetarian plus removing unhealthy relationships from my life. I look forward to sharing and getting to know you all. Have a great day

amilli79
03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Hello everyone, I just joined last night I found it through google gotta love google. I'm single, no kids, one fur baby, youngest of four and always been the "big" little sister. I really started to take control of my life and weight last May starting with working out more and becoming a vegetarian plus removing unhealthy relationships from my life. I look forward to sharing and getting to know you all. Have a great day

Welcome, Tipstar! It sounds like you have a fantastic plan in place to take control; I, too, tried vegetarianism, but probably not for the same reasons as you. I saw a truckful of cows going down the highway, and I felt guilty for having a love of steak. I'm over that stage now, though. :p I think I may have steak tonight, in fact.

Good luck with your journey! We're definitely here to support you! :hug:

Skinnygirldreams
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
So... I did a weigh in today... down to 197. down 1.8 lbs this week. So excited. I want to break out of the 190s so bad. I'm leaving May 18th for disney and I want to be in 180 or less by then. Thats my goal...

amilli79
03-23-2013, 10:56 AM
You'll make it, Skinnygirl! Keep up the good work!

seabiscuit
03-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi there...how's everyone doing?

Welcome Missy's Mom and Tipstar, it's great to have you here! ;)

Skinnygirldreams, that's great about you continuing to lose weight, way to go!

Amilli, thanks for the good luck with my group. :). I want to go to it this Monday but there is snow in the forecast and I don't drive so I would have to walk there in the snow which makes me a little nervous because they are also calling for rain, I hope there won't be ice. I know what you mean about feeling guilty for eating meat after seeing a truck full of cows, I can relate. I love animals but I also love meat. I hope you are doing well.

Kiz, I hope Mr. Rock Climber heals from his wisdom teeth extraction well. I had some impacted wisdom teeth and one that came in sideways, my friend said I looked like a chipmunk from the swelling weeks after!

I am doing well and I think I am making healthier choices. Portion control is really something that I struggle with, I overeat. As my Mom would probably say, at least knowing the issue is half the battle. I may to be able to go grocery shopping this week because I am so broke LOL but it is a good thing that I have a lot of food at home to sustain me!!! I have to do a better job of managing my finances and less impulsive buys like eating and beverages at Starbucks, where I am now because I am meeting a friend. :D

Take care, hope you are all doing well...

KTB
03-23-2013, 12:47 PM
WELCOME!!! This forum is a wonderful place. Congrats on your huge loss. I dig Weight Watchers.

Hi Everyone. I am new here, just joined this evening....this website was highly recommended....I read about it in a magazine and a couple people at my local gym recommended it as well. I am 38 years old, mom to three furbabies. My goal weight is 160 and my highest weight was approximately 400 lbs back in 2005 when I was still married. I am now divorced, 264 lbs. I am a Weight Watcher and only joined a short while ago and lost my first 14 lbs in the first few weeks. I was told this would be great support for me :)

KTB
03-23-2013, 12:48 PM
CONGRATS!!! You are rocking the 190's. I hope you can see those 180s before your trip!

So... I did a weigh in today... down to 197. down 1.8 lbs this week. So excited. I want to break out of the 190s so bad. I'm leaving May 18th for disney and I want to be in 180 or less by then. Thats my goal...

KTB
03-23-2013, 12:49 PM

Removing those unhealthy relationships most of been so liberating, huh? Congrats on your weightloss and welcome to the forum :) :)

KTB
03-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Hello ladies. I finally made it to the 170s and stayed there for 2 weeks straight. I am both happy and resigned that I made it to a new 10lb range because it will take me a good 3 months to see the 160s.

I know I could of dropped more weight than I have but we have had so many family parties and social events and I feel like some Monday's I am playing the "lose the weekend bloat" game. I was seriously chuffed that I maintained my weight through St. Patrick's Day week. We hosted our annual party (and a brunch the next day) and we had company staying with us and honestly I felt a bit derailed from my diet. There is a small amount of success in seeing that I can compensate and maintain through these types of weeks though.

I revamped my exercise plan to see if I can try to lose 1.5lbs a week but historically I only lose .8-1lb a week. I am ok with slow and steady but I really wanted to see the 160s (and be 20lbs down) before I put a bathing suit on in June.

The good news is that we have a quiet few weeks coming up so I can really focus on my diet and not on maneuvering social commitments that include fattening meals and delicious cocktails.

amilli79
03-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Seabiscuit, we also have snow in the forecast (7-12"), and I dread it! St Louisians tend to drive the same, despite the road conditions. Scary! Please be careful if you have to walk to your group. Maybe if it's too bad, it'll be postponed.

How has everyone's weekend been? Mine has been good so far; I did some retail therapy, which always makes me feel great!

Skinnygirldreams
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey ladies!
KTB- Congrats on hitting 170! Keep up the good work :)
Amilli- We are suppose to only get 1-3 inches here in my part of Illinois. Thank god... I'm so ready for this snow to be done!

My weekend has been alright. I had to work. Tomorrow is my day off, and they asked me if I could stay late, soooo I'll be here today from 3pm until 3am. I'm suppose to meet with Tonya tomorrow, so I had to reschedule it for in the afternoon since I wont get home til close to 4am! Gotta make the money though :)

I'm counting down til April 1st. My boyfriend and I are taking our moms to the Blackhawks game! Can't wait :) Our moms are pretty excited. They haven't been in years. It should be a great time. Our moms have been best friends for the last 25 years! We are taking them as an early birthday and mothers day present to both of them. Their birthdays are two days apart in May :)

Kiz
03-25-2013, 02:42 AM
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the newbies MissysMum and Tipster :wave:

KTB 170's:bravo::dancer::woohoo::cheer3: Slow and steady wins the race!

Amillie what did you buy? anything exciting?:D

Seabiscuit: take care! walking on ice is something I hate!! freaks me out! One thing I hate about mum's is how often they are right! ;) It does really help to know what's going wrong... even if it takes a while to get it right at least you aren't chasing a red herring!

this next bit is a general rambling about nothing really related to weight loss

So my weekend was good at some points and a mess at others. Very bizarre weekend. I did some individual time trials on saturday (cycling races) and I beat a girl who always beats me :flow2: awesome.

I then had a chat to Mr. Rock Climber and we were going to catch up after a friends birthday diner I had to go to. I was excited as with the whole tooth thing on top of everything else haven't seen him in a while. So went to the dinner, drank lots of champagne as the food was a bit slow coming out, was having a really fun dinner, texted him at 10 to say I was nearly done and could meet up (the time I said earlier, so no surprise about the time) and no reply. So I went out with the others after dinner drank more champagne and then went home quite early, and quite drunk, texted Mr Rock Climber to say enough is enough (he fell asleep). We chat the next morning and leave it with me saying get back to me if you ever sort your life out.

So about 2 hours later another guy, Mr Lawyer, who is a friend of a friend who I had seen briefly the night before texts me asking if I'd like to go out for dinner sometime this week. (Guys never ask me out) So I'm like sure why not, from what I know of him he's cute, funny, sporty and successful lawyer so we are going to grab a drink tuesday as our weeks don't work that well.

So Mr Rock Climber goes for a day out in the hills and gets back to me at night and blah blah blah and so he's going to try and sort out the logistics of his life and maybe we will start over after easter after I get back from skiing.

As much as he has annoyed me with the whole reliability thing lately I really like Mr Rock Climber, he is just such an amazing guy and so friggin hot:D. Mr Lawyer seems very cool too, but I don't really know him and I hate multi-dating. I just can't do it very well I get all confused and find it very stressful. I can't multi-task though so maybe it is related. :o

So summary I drank too much and ate too much (after morning fight with Mr Rock Climber I ordered Pizza and spent some quality time on my sofa:^: Maybe not my best move. Not a good weekend in terms of weight loss.

Anyway sorry for the novella!

Have a good week ladies!

amilli79
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Skinnygirl--You guys got a dusting of snowcompared to us! We got about a foot! My son is enjoying it, the brat, with his 3rd snow day. I need to get back into teaching so that I can enjoy snow days, too. It's nice that you're taking the moms out! My birthday and Mother's Day fall within a week of each other, so two presents for me! :D

Kiz--You had an enjoyable weekend. Pizza is always good. I made one at home, which was delicious! I didn't really buy anything special when I went shopping, just a lot of homewares. The best thing that I got was Special K cracker chips on sale. I love those things, and they're only 110 calories/3 PP (for WW)! They're such a great snack, and you get 27 chips per serving! Almost as good as Skinny Cow candy!

Skinnygirldreams
03-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Well good afternoon everyone. I worked last night til 3 am. Kinda tired but I have to go to my personal training appointment. I don't want my life to get in the way of bettering myself so I am making myself go.

My friend is doing the body by vi diet. She keeps trying to get me to try it because she knows I am trying to lose weight. She has lost 7# since Wednesday doing it. Good for her! I don't think it is something I want to so, since I am trying to make lifestyle changes and not just do a diet. Speaking of, I have done a really good job at calorie counting. I can't remember the last time I went over besides a week ago sat when I did the 5k, but I think I earned those extra 50 calories! Lol
Amilli- we def didn't get much snow by me but I have friends further south that got a foot. I want a snow day too :( except I work at a hospital and they are always open haha.
Kiz- hmmm mr rock climber or mr lawyer. Tough choice. Maybe you should give lawyer man a chance, see if he has more time available. Rock climber guy seems too preoccupied and full of excuses. Just my opinion from what you've share. Good luck in figuring that all out! Haha

Skinnygirldreams
03-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Well just got done with Tonya. Omg tired! Buuuut I wanna share my good news. We did a weigh in and measurements, though I knew my weight, 197. Which is 12 lbs down (go me!) my measurements surprised me!
Ill share them like this... Starting/today
Shoulders 48/ 47.25, bust 46.25/ 46, chest 39.75/38, waist 46.25/45, thigh 25/ 22, and arm 14/12.5
I lost over an inch everywhere, except my shoulders and bust ( doesn't surprise me I didn't lose much there). I know my neck and face have thinned too. That much I could see. my trainer says she is super proud of me, and you know what? I'm proud of me too! I had to share with you all first :)

Kiz
03-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Amilli I am going to see if I can find some of those special K chips, they sound great! And skinny cow candy... I don't know what that is but I like the name a lot... so it's got to be good :D

skinnygirl: yeah I know, Mr Rock CLimber isn't exactly putting his best foot forward. Frustrating. Will see how it goes with Mr Lawyer tonight. I know I should move on from Mr Rock Climber (but I just don't want to haha)

Last night I thought I'd have a 20 minute nap before swim training. So set my alarm (turns out I set it for AM not PM)... woke up at 11:30pm, went to sleep again at 12:30 and struggled to wake up today - was late to work! I slept for 12 hours and was still late for work! I guess I was quite tired. I hope I am not getting sick.

Ok well have god days ladies.

KTB
03-26-2013, 12:23 AM
The best thing that I got was Special K cracker chips on sale. I love those things, and they're only 110 calories/3 PP (for WW)! They're such a great snack, and you get 27 chips per serving! Almost as good as Skinny Cow candy!

I am going to hunt these down :) Thanks for the heads up!

KTB
03-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Shoulders 48/ 47.25, bust 46.25/ 46, chest 39.75/38, waist 46.25/45, thigh 25/ 22, and arm 14/12.5

Woohoo, what an amazing loss in inches, especially in your arms and thighs! WELL DONE YOU!

Kiz
03-26-2013, 01:11 AM
skinnygirl: I can't believe I forgot to say (any maybe I'm just jealous;)) but, fantastic progress!!! :dance::dancer::woohoo::cheer3::broc:

seabiscuit
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
How's everyone doing?

Skinnygirldreams- CONGRATS on the measurements! :carrot: WAY TO GO!! That is really awesome.

I just got back from the pool and swam 13 laps (lengths) of the pool. My Y's pool is almost Olympic size. It felt great! :D I also signed up for some private swim lessons with some money I got as a Christmas gift, and I can hardly wait! :carrot: I love to swim, and my a relative of mine got me swimming in the pool when I was very young, so I am a decent swimmer but I want to work on technique. I am very excited!

Volunteering at the hospital is going well, one of the hospital workers said I should volunteer more and said that I was caring. :) That completely made my day!!

I am busy with a lot of appointments and things to do around my home but I want to continue to make the time to get to the pool because it is so good for me and I thoroughly enjoy it. As far as food choices, I am making good ones but need to still work on that. I was with my friend today and she ordered a delicious looking salad. I think I will try that next time I am at the hospital volunteering, we get free meals and they have a very nice salad bar.

I wish I could reply to everyone today but I have to go the pharmacy to pick up a medicine for an MRI I have later this week to sedate me, I get nervous otherwise. Then it's a turkey burger for dinner with soy sauce on whole wheat bread and a whole grain rice by Uncle Ben's. I've got to start getting some veggies in!!

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. All my support to all of you!

Take care...keep doing your best!

Skinnygirldreams
03-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys! Seeing those numbers definitely helped re-motivate me, though I havent lost my motivation so far. It's great to see those numbers drop. To me that was almost more awesome than watching the pounds drop.

Kiz
03-27-2013, 03:13 AM
Seabreaze seems like all is turning around for you! I love swimming too, I'm sure it'll be a great feeling improving too. I love getting better at things! :D

So cool that you are volunteering at the Hospital as well!

If you struggle to eat your veggies, some times when I just don't want to eat them I juice some and drink them with the part of the meal I actually want to eat... it works for me sometimes.

I had a fun drink last night with Mr. Lawyer. Really good guy, very witty, the sort of guy every mother would love their daughter to bring home. I am rather indifferent towards him though strangely. Anyway we are both going away for easter so will go out for dinner after that and maybe I'll warm up to him and stop comparing him to Mr. Rock Climber.

amilli79
03-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Glad to read that everybody is doing well! :jig:

Yes, everybody should check out the Skinny Cow line; they have candy and ice cream that is utterly (no pun intended :p) wonderful. I had a caramel filled chocolate bar, and I kept flipping back to the nutritional facts to make sure my eyes weren't being deceived. I believe it was 150 calories (the fat, I don't remember) and 4PP! Love.it!

Last evening, I was looking for a fast recipe for fish; I made a great balsamic and veggie baked tilapia. It was a mere 210 calories AND it was sprinkled with blue cheese. Delicious! :dizzy:

seabiscuit
03-28-2013, 07:42 PM
How's everyone doing?

I have really good news! I lost weight, finally! The numbers by my name aren't correct, I had gained some weight in the beginning part of the year and was up to 242 BUT I weighed myself and now I am 228!! So that is a 14 pound loss! Woohooo! It may be a pound or two off because I think I weighed myself a little earlier today and last time I had just got out of the shower, so there was some water weight. Either way, it's still about ten pounds! I feel really happy about this and I think it is because I am walking to and from volunteering, about a ten to fifteen minute walk each way. I also have been bringing home some healthier foods, no more chips and cookies. I still slip sometimes but I think I am making healthier choices. I'm proud of myself because at the hospital where I volunteer they have had a bake sale and a candy sale and I haven't bought a thing. I want to continue to go swimming, walking and get healthier!

Thanks for all of your support Kiz-I really enjoy volunteering at the hospital. I hope things work out with you with who you decide, either Mr. Lawyer or Mr. Rock Climber.

Amilli- Your tilapia recipe sounds delicious. I want to get into eating fish more. It hasn't been my favorite food, neither has vegetables but I want to incorporate them more into my meals. I like Skinny Cow candy and ice cream too. I tend to overeat on their ice cream so I don't bring it home but I like a piece of their candy, especially their chocolate crunch bar sometimes. I hope you are doing well!

Have a nice night everyone!

Skinnygirldreams
04-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Seabiscuit congrats!
No one seems to have been here in a while but maybe we can start chatting this week.
This week it just seems like I am always hungry! I eat dinner at work but when I co,e home I'm starving. Last night I came home and had a small (about 2oz) of spaghetti. It's frustrating me this sudden need to eat again when I get home. It isn't boredom eating, its actual hunger, but why now? Ugh.
I guess I will just have to make sure I have calories left over for that....

seabiscuit
04-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Hi Skinnygirldreams,

Thank you for the congrats. I am not sure if I gained the weight back or not, I surely hope not. I have been very stressed out lately. Last week I saw four doctors, ayiyi! Tonight, I saw my therapist and she is encouraging me to be gentle with myself which is what I needed to hear.

I will meet with a nurse navigator soon to do a meal plan and she will weigh me. My appointment with her is in about a week and a half. I have some anxieties about the appointment. I hope that we can make things doable.

Good luck to you with your eating, Skinnygirldreams. I would be frustrated too, but have you tried hydrating yourself with something such as water instead of eating? Perhaps you are thirsty instead of hungry?

Have a good night everyone...

coffeeshopgirl
04-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Hi skinnygirl and seabiscuit!

Skinnygirl - I'm with you there on being ravenous. I blame it on the weather, but I'm feeling it too. I agree with seabiscuit, try some water and see if you're just dehydrated.

Seabiscuit - I'm glad you're being more gentle with yourself lately. Are you still volunteering and playing guitar? Hopefully those are relaxing activities for you. Good luck on the appointment with the nurse navigator. Don't let it worry you - all the information can do is help you, and your weight is just one number that you can change. Definitely let us know how it goes!

My last two days have been kinda stressful and busy. Not too happy about a HUGE water leakage in my apartment. Talk about a mess! So, the last two days, the husband and I have gone out to eat, not eating all that healthy. I've also been hungrier lately, thanks to the PMS monster and TOM approaching. However, i stepped on the scale, and I'm still 182.4. Hopefully I can get back to the exercise tomorrow. Just had some busier evenings the last two days.

Otherwise, I've just been tired, but I guess that comes along with being busy.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far! Can't believe tomorrow is Thursday... Anyone else counting down to the weekend?!

Skinnygirldreams
04-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Hey girls thanks for the advice! I'll keep it in mind to give it a shot. I quit smoking almost two weeks ago now go me! I think my hunger might have something to do that my TOM should be here any day. Sorry if that is tmi. Lol

Seabiscuit - keep your head up! I'm sure you will feel much better when you have a meal plan :)

Coffee- long time no talk! Hope all is well with ya! Water leaks are not fun. I'm wanting to enjoy a night out eating on Sunday. That's my only day off til the following weekend :( I want sushi dang it! Lol

Skinnygirldreams
04-15-2013, 04:48 PM
So this forum has lost some momentum :( Miss chatting with you lovely ladies. Hope we can revive it here!

I'm so excited... I went to weigh myself (which i previously said was up probably due to TOM) and today... I am down to 195.6!!!! .8 lbs and I can add another carrot :) And It means 180s here I come!!!!

faunaflora
04-16-2013, 07:27 AM
skinnygirldreams - down is good! very exciting!

hi coffeeshopgirl - we can interact here until we're in the same forum again ;)

Ross111104
04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey ladies. So I just posted in the 21 say challenge that I am going to commit to working out everyday and starting my couch to 5k program. I am having serious anxiety! And I am trying to already justify that starting tomorrow is ok! Lol!

faunaflora
04-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Ross111104 - Great, way to get yourself in gear!

Skinnygirldreams
04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
FloraFauna- Down is indeed very exciting! I hope to keep it up! I could probably lose quicker if I could make myself work out more often ... I only go twice a week. Can't seem to motivate myself more than that. Ugh
NSV- I had to buy work pants a size smaller today! Could not deal with having to pull my pants up non stop.

Ross- Good luck on the challenge! I hope to start the couch to 5k program myself sometime. I'm hesitant because of the fact that I had surgery on both my feet in 2009, and they still cause me pain sometimes