Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 01/22/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 01/22/2013

rissimo
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
:welcome:

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Trina M
01-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Well I'm happy to report that my wi at home this morning shows that I have lost 2.4 lbs since last Thursday. Was worried that I would have kept that 2 lbs from when without thinking I put the spoon on strawberry jam ( not much on it) from making my daughters sandwich in my mouth. The things we do without thinking like licking your finger.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Dolemite
01-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Well tried a lot of the food with the initial grab bag they sent me home with. Think today I will fill out an order form next week for 7 cappuccino mixes, 5 Puddings, 2 Omlets, and 7 variety of sweet restricted items! I didn't care much for the drink mixes, soups, or chicken dishes.

I wonder if I can make the puddings in advance and just keep them in the refridgerator? Plan on these being my M-F work breakfast, the cappuccino will be a daily late morning snack, was going to mix it with some decaf coffee to stretch it.

I plan on keeping a restricted item, sweet one, for desert a hour or so after dinner. The omlets will be for sat/sun breakfast. I had one this past weekend and liked it, the only problem was it made me crave Bacon!

I wonder if the morning star veggie bacon would be ok? Going to ask my coach! They are only 60 calories, have 0 sugar, 1g of carbs, 3g of polyunsaturated fat, 1g of monounsaturated fat, and .5g of saturated fat. From what I have read the poly/mono are healthy fats.

PepperTown
01-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Good morning :)

WI this afternoon!!! :D

Here's a site I found called Not A Real Diet. Give you detailed description and recepies of a daily menu. Seems great :)

Have a great day....my omelette is ready...gotta go :smug:

http://notarealdiet.tumblr.com/

mrskuby
01-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Good morning!!! My NSV from yesterday? I bought 3 pairs of jeans two sizes smaller than I was 5 1/2 weeks ago!!! And they are all three different brands!!! I wasn't actually expecting them to fit but they did!!! Soo exciting!! I actually bought them at Goodwill since I didn't want to spend too much on jeans I will only be wearing for a month or so. I'm thinking I might wind up wearing size 6 when I reach my goal weight...I haven't worn size 6 since high school! WOW!!!

I am planning on doing Bikram yoga this afternoon. I suspended my membership for bootcamp/kickboxing for a couple of months but I don't want to stop moving in the meantime. I hope yoga doesn't slow down my weight loss...I know regular yoga prolly wouldn't but Bikram yoga is more intense. I guess I will see how I feel after class today before I commit to it...

Have a great day everyone!!! :D

ragdoll74
01-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Trina- just finished reading the posts from yesterday afternoon. I had to chuckle too. Scorbett was right, 1 lick from the spoon isn't going to knock you out of ketosis. Just don't let it become a habit because then it will affect your loses.

Peppertown- thanks for the link! Looks like some good stuff on there.

mrskuby- great NSV!

scorbett1103
01-22-2013, 10:07 AM
I wonder if the morning star veggie bacon would be ok? Going to ask my coach! They are only 60 calories, have 0 sugar, 1g of carbs, 3g of polyunsaturated fat, 1g of monounsaturated fat, and .5g of saturated fat. From what I have read the poly/mono are healthy fats.

Unfortunately it's not going to make the cut. Yes, it has 60 calories, but it has 40 calories from fat (WAAAAY more than 30% calories from fat). Don't forget this is a low calorie, low carb AND low fat diet. The types of fats are less of an issue than the sheer quantity. It also has barely any protein in it (2g per serving). You might be able to get away with adding half a bacon strip just for flavor to another dish, but a whole serving is a no-go.

Katkat
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I am planning on doing Bikram yoga this afternoon. I suspended my membership for bootcamp/kickboxing for a couple of months but I don't want to stop moving in the meantime. I hope yoga doesn't slow down my weight loss...I know regular yoga prolly wouldn't but Bikram yoga is more intense. I guess I will see how I feel after class today before I commit to it...

Have a great day everyone!!! :D

Let me know how you feel and how it goes! I love love love bikram but put it on hold while I was getting use to ip (just starting week2). Bu I asked my coach at weigh in yesterday if I could start bikram again and he said as long as I have a shake right after class. I may wait one more week or until 3 weeks are up. Haven't decided.

Good morning all! I do have a question. Do all your coaches say to have 4 packets on phase 1? My coaches outline has the 4th packet as a snack after dinner but I am finding it some times difficult to get that last pack in as I am usually in bed 2-3hrs after dinner. I go to bed pretty early as I wake up really early for work. Any suggestions much appreciated!

staceyjblack
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Good morning everyone!

It is FREEZING here in the DC area today. Keeping warm with my biiigggg ol' mug of hot tea (Amandine Rose from Teavana) this morning.

Had my WI this morning and I am down 3.3lbs! WOOT! Down a total of 7.5 in two weeks. Very happy.

Also, my husband started back on Phase 1 this morning. I am hoping he has an easier time getting back on the wagon than I did!

evepet
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Let me know how you feel and how it goes! I love love love bikram but put it on hold while I was getting use to ip (just starting week2). Bu I asked my coach at weigh in yesterday if I could start bikram again and he said as long as I have a shake right after class. I may wait one more week or until 3 weeks are up. Haven't decided.

Good morning all! I do have a question. Do all your coaches say to have 4 packets on phase 1? My coaches outline has the 4th packet as a snack after dinner but I am finding it some times difficult to get that last pack in as I am usually in bed 2-3hrs after dinner. I go to bed pretty early as I wake up really early for work. Any suggestions much appreciated!

I was started on 4 packets/day too, and I was almost exactly the same weight as you when I started. I'm 5'5". I'm not sure whether my coach would have kept me on 4 packets indefinitely or whether it was more of a short term thing - I've noticed that most folks here are on a 3 packet/day regime. I've done all but the first week of my dieting with the use of alternative products, and most often incorporated a 4th, as I felt like I needed a snack mid-afternoon as well as something before bedtime. My weight loss was slower, but I'm 62, of course in menopause, and had probably wrecked my metabolism through years and years of yo-yo diets.

Maybe discuss your daily routine with your coach. It sounds like with your schedule you might need to reschedule things to fit your day better. They have their 'preferred schedules' etc., but ultimately we each have to figure out what works for us.

Melanchu
01-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm a day late but I just wanted to say thank you so much to those who lended positivity and encouragement yesterday it was really helpful!!
I'm sorry I can't remember the usernames :s

Desafinado
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
So yesterday for various reasons (inauguration and other events) I ended not eating enough. Here's what I had:

herb omelet with added egg whites
two boiled eggs
pickle
chocolate drink with decaf coffee, cinnamon and sea salt
water

I walked a lot too. I weighed this morning I was down 2.5 pounds from my Sunday weigh-in. I don't know if that's good or bad. I am making sure to get all my packets and veggies in today.

Thoughts?

P.S. In a NSV, I didn't have a drink last night. I approached the bar to get one, remembered just in time that I couldn't have it and ordered a club soda with lime instead. That proves to me that my mentality is already changing.

Desafinado
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Also, thanks to all of you for the support and providing this venue where we can ask questions.

ladylunk
01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Hello. I am new and did search site and web a little to see if anyone has questioned this and I did not see anything. What's your thoughts on moose meat? It is very similar to beef (in flavour if you have a good one). But is leaner. We have a freezer full of it. I had a steak last night and this is the nutritional info I could find. 303 Calories in 8 oz, Carbs:0 grams, Fat: 2 grams, Protein: 66 grams. Is it too many calories? Not sure of specifics required. My coach said it would be okay. Venison is on the list, but not moose. I am not a venison fan, moose is just way closer to beef and not gamey. Let me know your thoughts.

pocahontas812
01-22-2013, 01:15 PM

Based on what others have posted, a lot of coaches tell their IPers that they can have a 4th packet during the 1st week on P1...if they feel they need it. After that, 3 packets a day. When/if you start adding exercise in, an extra packet can be added after exercise to help with muscle recovery. I have never used 4 packs a day. Like you, I am early to rise and early to bed. I have my snack around 4.30 or 5, and then dinner around 6.30. After dinner I just have water and then a cup of bedtime tea.

scorbett1103
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM

Some coaches have their clients on 4 packets, some on 3. One extra UNRESTRICTED packet doesn't add much to your daily intake in terms of calories or protein, and if it makes the difference between succeeding or not on the diet it's fine. When I first started through a clinic, my coach gave me the option of adding the 4th packet if I needed it. I would agree to talk to your coach about your schedule, your fullness level through the day - you may not need 4 or they may have suggestions on how to space things out that work better for you.

Had my WI this morning and I am down 3.3lbs! WOOT! Down a total of 7.5 in two weeks. Very happy.

Also, my husband started back on Phase 1 this morning. I am hoping he has an easier time getting back on the wagon than I did!

Awesome job!!!

So yesterday for various reasons (inauguration and other events) I ended not eating enough. Here's what I had:

herb omelet with added egg whites
two boiled eggs
pickle
chocolate drink with decaf coffee, cinnamon and sea salt
water

I walked a lot too. I weighed this morning I was down 2.5 pounds from my Sunday weigh-in. I don't know if that's good or bad. I am making sure to get all my packets and veggies in today.

Thoughts?

P.S. In a NSV, I didn't have a drink last night. I approached the bar to get one, remembered just in time that I couldn't have it and ordered a club soda with lime instead. That proves to me that my mentality is already changing.

Great job resisting the drink at the bar! And yeah, your intake was on the low side yesterday on two VERY important fronts: protein and veggies. Take it as a lesson in planning ahead for busy days - I have had days where I was out of the house ALL day (as in, 6am straight through past dinner), but I knew ahead of time so I prepared by packing portable foods (RTDs, bars, precut veggies in a bag, hb egg, knowing where I could go along the way that would have "safe" foods. In an emergency, most drugstores (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Etc) have a diet section that carries Pure Protein or EAS AdvantEDGE shakes which are Phase 1 safe and great in a pinch. Pick up where you left off, but a little wiser on how to handle the crazy days :)

Hello. I am new and did search site and web a little to see if anyone has questioned this and I did not see anything. What's your thoughts on moose meat? It is very similar to beef (in flavour if you have a good one). But is leaner. We have a freezer full of it. I had a steak last night and this is the nutritional info I could find. 303 Calories in 8 oz, Carbs:0 grams, Fat: 2 grams, Protein: 66 grams. Is it too many calories? Not sure of specifics required. My coach said it would be okay. Venison is on the list, but not moose. I am not a venison fan, moose is just way closer to beef and not gamey. Let me know your thoughts.

The nutritional info is very close to beef, so you should be fine. Just be careful in terms of how the meat is prepared, I know sometimes game meats require more salt to tenderize but you don't want your sodium intake to go through the roof :)

Dinie89
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Today is WI - not expecting much on the scale today as my scale at has not moved since last week- but hoping for some inches loss ! My coach is gone for 3 weeks so it's going to be interesting as I really find she is always so helpful for me =) we will see what this afternoon brings =)

ladylunk
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
The nutritional info is very close to beef, so you should be fine. Just be careful in terms of how the meat is prepared, I know sometimes game meats require more salt to tenderize but you don't want your sodium intake to go through the roof :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. You are very helpful. Have read many posts from you. Thanks for answering all the questions and your support to everyone!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
ThisGirlIsAwake and AnnaBoBanana:
How are you ladies doing on your re-starts?

usmcvet
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.

scorbett1103
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
The nutritional info is very close to beef, so you should be fine. Just be careful in terms of how the meat is prepared, I know sometimes game meats require more salt to tenderize but you don't want your sodium intake to go through the roof :)

Thanks. You are very helpful. Have read many posts from you. Thanks for answering all the questions and your support to everyone![/QUOTE]

You're welcome! :)

Well I'm avoiding the stress eating right now, waiting to hear from the dealership that I can go pick up my new car! We hit a snag this morning, apparently my insurance company failed to tell me that they were waiting for ME to call them with the new car's VIN number to "officially" add to the policy before the dealership could get the DMV paperwork from them. Had I known I could have done a 5 minute conference call on Friday to get it done and everything would have been in place this morning. Instead, I did the call at 11:30 after the dealer called me. It wouldn't be a big deal except I have to arrange a ride to the dealership, my brother in law was going to do it but after 3pm his schedule is crazy. My father in law can pick me up at 4-ish to take me up there but he's perpetually late and things may or may not be done for me by then. Still waiting to hear from the dealer. I will feel SO much better once I get the call that I can pick the car up. If tomorrow wasn't the start of OUR busy season (hubby starts school up again and I need to be able to pick him up from school four days a week) I wouldn't be as stressed, but this is cutting it down to the wire.

Guess I will just ride out the suspense and trust it will all work out! And drink LOOOOOOOTS of water (and pretend it's vodka!) :dizzy:

Melanchu
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I have a recipe that I thought would be nice to share for any Chinese food lovers. Bean sprout (not noodle) Chow Mein has always been one of my favourite Chinese food dishes and I've made my own a few times since starting this diet so I thought I'd share. It literally doesn't taste any different than the one you get from a restaurant! :carrot:

This is for a single serving:

1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
1/2 cup celery chopped into large bit size pieces
8 ounces of chicken breast cut to bite size pieces
1-2 tsps Dehydrated onion (I use this because my coach says I'm not allowed to cook with onion but dehydrated onion is techinically still raw so no sugars have developed...that's my thinking anyway :shrug:
Sprinkle of sea salt
Sprinkle of Herbamare (vegatable salt use more sea salt if you don't have this)
1 tsp Olive Oil

Slightly heat olive oil pan and add chicken; cook fully.

Add celery and cook until tender crisp (about 5 mins depending on how much of a crunch you want)

Add bean sprouts, sea salt, Herbamare and onion and cook another 3-5 mins (less or more depending on your crunch preferance)

That's it! If you try it I hope you like it and I hope there's nothing illegal in it! lol

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/185.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ladylunk
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
lol. That's the spirit! Good luck on your car

lisa32989
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Good morning all! I do have a question. Do all your coaches say to have 4 packets on phase 1? My coaches outline has the 4th packet as a snack after dinner but I am finding it some times difficult to get that last pack in as I am usually in bed 2-3hrs after dinner. I go to bed pretty early as I wake up really early for work. Any suggestions much appreciated! As others have said, different coaches are different. Mine said 3-5 packets the first week. Then I was on 3. Occasionally I've had a 4th but I've chosen the lowest carb option when I do.

So yesterday for various reasons (inauguration and other events) I ended not eating enough.

Thoughts?
Yup! Stay off the scale between official weigh ins.
You got some really good advise from others already. I just wanted to add that.

Hello. I am new and did search site and web a little to see if anyone has questioned this and I did not see anything. What's your thoughts on moose meat?
Looks like Scorbett already took care of this one. Occasionally we'll run into more obsure foods and just have to use best judgement.

Well I'm avoiding the stress eating right now, waiting to hear from the dealership that I can go pick up my new car! We hit a snag this morning, apparently my insurance company failed to tell me that they were waiting for ME to call them with the new car's VIN number to "officially" add to the policy before the dealership could get the DMV paperwork from them. Had I known I could have done a 5 minute conference call on Friday to get it done and everything would have been in place this morning. Instead, I did the call at 11:30 after the dealer called me. It wouldn't be a big deal except I have to arrange a ride to the dealership, my brother in law was going to do it but after 3pm his schedule is crazy. My father in law can pick me up at 4-ish to take me up there but he's perpetually late and things may or may not be done for me by then. Still waiting to hear from the dealer. I will feel SO much better once I get the call that I can pick the car up. If tomorrow wasn't the start of OUR busy season (hubby starts school up again and I need to be able to pick him up from school four days a week) I wouldn't be as stressed, but this is cutting it down to the wire.

Guess I will just ride out the suspense and trust it will all work out! And drink LOOOOOOOTS of water (and pretend it's vodka!) :dizzy:
Have a second "vodka" for me! See if the dealership can pick you up! Then you don't have to stress about timing. And enjoy that new car!

De11s
01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Melanchu: Sounds Delicious:chef:

bubbleblower
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM

Mine said 3, but I mistakenly thought I had to do 4 at first. I was having trouble getting it in and someone pointed out that only 3 were normally required so I scaled back. It didn't seem to make a difference whether I had 3 or 4 at least at the beginning.

Hope all goes smoothly from here!

I have a recipe that I thought would be nice to share for any Chinese food lovers. Bean sprout (not noodle) Chow Mein has always been one of my favourite Chinese food dishes and I've made my own a few times since starting this diet so I thought I'd share. It literally doesn't taste any different than the one you get from a restaurant! :carrot:

1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
1-2 tsps Dehydrated onion (I use this because my coach says I'm not allowed to cook with onion but dehydrated onion is techinically still raw so no sugars have developed...that's my thinking anyway :shrug:
Sprinkle of sea salt
1 tsp Olive Oil

Add celery and cook until tender crisp (about 5 mins depending on how much of a crunch you want)

Add bean sprouts, sea salt, Herbamare and onion and cook another 3-5 mins (less or more depending on your crunch preferance)

That's it! If you try it I hope you like it and I hope there's nothing illegal in it! lol

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/185.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

That sounds great!!

rainbowsmiles
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Just checking in. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.

:wave: hi vermont friend!!! how the weather??? GOT SNOW??

scorbett1103
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM

I love this!!!! Going to pick up some bean sprouts tonight, this sounds like dinner tomorrow :)

lol. That's the spirit! Good luck on your car

Have a second "vodka" for me! See if the dealership can pick you up! Then you don't have to stress about timing. And enjoy that new car!

LOL! Thanks!!! I was about to start doing spring water shooters to calm my nerves when the dealer called me to say everything was ready!!! Now just waiting for my father in law to pick me up :) The dealer is half an hour away from my house, if I was closer I'm sure they would have offered to get me but it's a bit of a hike. I'm feeling much more relaxed now, and my new car will be parked in front of my house in just a few hours! :dance::dance:

Dottie123
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
On Ideal Protein again, was on it and lost 40 pounds and then stress ate. Gained back 20 and putting myself on it again. My head needs to be in the game, so signing in here for more support.

Dottie123
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
On Ideal Protein again, was on it and lost 40 pounds and then stress ate. Gained back 20 and putting myself on it again. My head needs to be in the game, so signing in here for more support.

It is just one day at a time, sometimes it is one hour at a time and sometime one moment at a time.

Thanks.

Melanchu
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4602546]I love this!!!! Going to pick up some bean sprouts tonight, this sounds like dinner tomorrow :)

Awesome!! Let me know how you like it :)

loopers
01-22-2013, 06:22 PM
got my boxes of alternative stuff in today, woohoo! I had ordered a bottle of WF thousand island too, so big mac salad for supper tonight!

my weight isn't moving much, but my pants were falling off today, so I think I should measure tonight, as my body is probably shifting...

And it is sooooo cold. -37C with wind chill today, and they say -42 tomorrow. NO LIKE.

Have a great evening everyone!

la6895
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi! I'm back to Ideal Protein. I lost my weight about 2 years ago, but some personal issues came up and I never got to Phase III or Maintenance. Have gained all the weight back!! :((

I tried to start this diet again, because I know it works.

Having trouble getting motivated and sticking to it again - winter, depression, family life, cold and want warm good gooey food, etc., etc.,

Any advice, help??

Thank you!

la6895
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Also, I found that I had very little energy - even after the initial phase and I was pretty *****y the whole time I was on it. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I was lower the veggie carb points too much for faster weight lost??

Thanks!

Glover girl
01-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi everyone, sounds like y'all are doing well sticking to the IP plan. I am so grateful for all of the info and inspiration I get from this site. I am in my second week and going strong.:) I don't quite think I have the hang of posting and all of that but hopefully will get there! It is freezing here, supposed to be -20 tonight. Stay warm!

Katkat
01-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Thank you to the ppl that responded to how many packs a day. Was trying to do multiple quotes but I am having no luck with that.

So most ppl seem to be on 3 where my coach says 4 but am only allowed a 5th if I was literally starving during my first week. So guess I just need a little more clarification as to why he wants me on 4. So far I have been content with 3. 2 non restricted and 1 restricted. Just wasn't sure if not having the 4th was going to be an issue with not having enough protein or something.

A1Texan
01-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Quick question - Is Plain Protein the cheapest place to purchase IP products? And what about the supplements? Thanks in advance :)

IP43
01-22-2013, 08:18 PM

I married a redneck...oops no offence... I mean "My husband enjoys the great outdoors and often supplies us with various natural sources of meat" -- (and it ain't "free" as butcher fees are crazy btw) and moose is WAY healthier for you than beef. Bison is also low fat. When I cook up moose burger, there is nothing to drain in the pan. So I think you are good to go!

IP43
01-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you to the ppl that responded to how many packs a day. Was trying to do multiple quotes but I am having no luck with that.

So most ppl seem to be on 3 where my coach says 4 but am only allowed a 5th if I was literally starving during my first week. So guess I just need a little more clarification as to why he wants me on 4. So far I have been content with 3. 2 non restricted and 1 restricted. Just wasn't sure if not having the 4th was going to be an issue with not having enough protein or something.

IMO your coach is just trying to make your transition easier at first so you avoid the "hungries" that first week. Mine did the same. In a week or two s/he would probably suggest you go down to 3 packs. If you don't need the extra pack, I'm sure you don't have to have it, but if you ARE hungry, it would be best to snack on a pudding or jello than cave into your evil old ways :devil: ... again, just guessing. Enjoy 4 a day this week and talk to your coach if in doubt. Mine gave me an email and phone contact, so perhaps yours did too and you can ask ahead of time

Dinie89
01-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I had my WI today lost 1.5lbs and about 3 inches- =) any loss is a loss =) time to move the ticker

IP43
01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi! I'm back to Ideal Protein. I lost my weight about 2 years ago, but some personal issues came up and I never got to Phase III or Maintenance. Have gained all the weight back!! :((

Having trouble getting motivated and sticking to it again - winter, depression, family life, cold and want warm good gooey food, etc., etc.,

Any advice, help??

Thank you!

I'm in the same boat -- didn't phase off properly, and 25 pounds later, here I am for round 2.
The good news is WE'RE HERE! You're doing it. There will always be reasons why NOT to do it. It's not convenient for anyone. But obviously, you've felt it important enough to come back, so focus on the reasons you decided to come back and turn all those Blahs into YEE-HAS..... Winter? What else have you got to do but plan meals. Cold? Want warm gooey food? Make a hot chocolate mug cake.

You're here for YOU and your health, and we're here with you. Welcome back.

ragdoll74
01-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Melanchu- that recipe looks so good! Going to have to make it this weekend.

Scorbett- glad everything worked out for the new car! So exciting.

Loopers- sometime's the scale likes to play games with our minds, but the loose pants don't lie!

la6895- Take it one day at a time and come here for support and inspiration. You have to decide what's more important, your health and weightloss or whatever is tempting you. There could be a lot of reasons for the low energy. I have it too, so I make sure I get at least 8 hours sleep and don't do anything too strenuous.

Texan- I've seen posts from people who order from other sites, but I'm not sure how the service is with the other ones. Plain protein always ships either the day you order or the next day. There is also idealtogo.com, but I think you can only buy there if there is not a coach in your area.

A1Texan
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Melanchu- that recipe looks so good! Going to have to make it this weekend.

Scorbett- glad everything worked out for the new car! So exciting.

Loopers- sometime's the scale likes to play games with our minds, but the loose pants don't lie!

la6895- Take it one day at a time and come here for support and inspiration. You have to decide what's more important, your health and weightloss or whatever is tempting you. There could be a lot of reasons for the low energy. I have it too, so I make sure I get at least 8 hours sleep and don't do anything too strenuous.

Texan- I've seen posts from people who order from other sites, but I'm not sure how the service is with the other ones. Plain protein always ships either the day you order or the next day. There is also idealtogo.com, but I think you can only buy there if there is not a coach in your area.
Thanks bunches Ragdoll

SweetShe
01-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Had my 3rd weigh in today - lost 4lbs. Yay!! Total of 11lbs lost.

I have been eating 1 restricted per day but going to try lmiting it to 3 a week. I have a problem with some of the drinks and soups and not too fond of the puddings...so I feel a bit limited in my options. But, all is good! The muffins made out of the puddings work for me!

ladylunk
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
I married a redneck...oops no offence... I mean "My husband enjoys the great outdoors and often supplies us with various natural sources of meat" -- (and it ain't "free" as butcher fees are crazy btw) and moose is WAY healthier for you than beef. Bison is also low fat. When I cook up moose burger, there is nothing to drain in the pan. So I think you are good to go!

Don't worry some are offended by redneck, not me. Definate have some tendancies and I'll call myself a redneck. You know when you grab your husbands mac jacket and then go out to the backyard fire. Yup that's when I see it. Too cold for that right now though. So I don't have to miss the beer I would have been holding.

Oh I know it's not free. We just paid for ours. Husband figures he will eat it the whole time. Me I can have it once in a while.

Suzali
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Had my WI today. Down 2.5 pounds! Total of 11 down for 3 weeks. Didn't think I'd see the 160's before going on the plan. Having fun fitting into the clothes in my closet. Getting ready for work is so much easier when I don't have to struggle with finding something that fits. ;)

staceyjblack
01-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Hey guys.

Wow have I developed a headache today! I don't know what it's from. I drank al my water and then some, got proper salt, etc. I could take a tylenol, but wondering if anyone out there has any ideas about why I have a headache. I guess there's a chance it's not related to the diet... just wondering! any insights are appreciated :)

IP43
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Don't worry some are offended by redneck, not me. Definate have some tendancies and I'll call myself a redneck. You know when you grab your husbands mac jacket and then go out to the backyard fire. Yup that's when I see it. Too cold for that right now though. So I don't have to miss the beer I would have been holding.

Oh I know it's not free. We just paid for ours. Husband figures he will eat it the whole time. Me I can have it once in a while.

Well we can "compare stories" once in awhile. I've "put my foot down" about mounting antlers anywhere that I inhabit, but they actually look beautiful as ornaments in my garden:D I also miss out on "Thanksgiving" every year, as that's when he's with the boys. But it's a small price to pay for a guy who is teaching my boys to love and appreciate the great outdoors. They love their Wii and games too, but they spend equal amounts of time fishing, ice fishing, hiking,"tracking", and campin' under the stars. Good times.

IP43
01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Hey guys.

Wow have I developed a headache today! I don't know what it's from. I drank al my water and then some, got proper salt, etc. I could take a tylenol, but wondering if anyone out there has any ideas about why I have a headache. I guess there's a chance it's not related to the diet... just wondering! any insights are appreciated :)

I have a doozy of a headache too, but between the flu going around and the change in weather/air pressure, I'm not sure it's diet related either. Just gonna have more water tomorrow and hope for the best.

lisa32989
01-22-2013, 10:42 PM

1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
Sprinkle of sea salt
1 tsp Olive Oil

This sounds great! Can you post it in the recipe thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html) so it doesn't get lost?

bubbleblower
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey guys.

I have a doozy of a headache too, but between the flu going around and the change in weather/air pressure, I'm not sure it's diet related either. Just gonna have more water tomorrow and hope for the best.

I know there's a bunch of nasty stuff going around. Besides the stomach 'flu' and the traditional flu that is hitting a lot of folks, many are complaining of head colds with bad headaches. On the plus side, it doesn't seem to last more than a couple of days - unlike the other stuff flying around!

Feel better soon!

staceyjblack
01-22-2013, 10:54 PM
I know there's a bunch of nasty stuff going around. Besides the stomach 'flu' and the traditional flu that is hitting a lot of folks, many are complaining of head colds with bad headaches. On the plus side, it doesn't seem to last more than a couple of days - unlike the other stuff flying around!

Feel better soon!

Thanks guys. I'm gonna go to bed early tonight.

Trina M
01-22-2013, 11:02 PM

I eat moose meat as well and my coach has said it is fine. It is a leaner meat and a nice change as well.

Trina M
01-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Had my 3rd weigh in today - lost 4lbs. Yay!! Total of 11lbs lost.

I have been eating 1 restricted per day but going to try lmiting it to 3 a week. I have a problem with some of the drinks and soups and not too fond of the puddings...so I feel a bit limited in my options. But, all is good! The muffins made out of the puddings work for me!

I don't like the puddings either but I find that if I add more water and drink it right away it is fine. Also for the soup I add extra veggies and spice it up. I made chicken burgers the other night and added my mushroom soup to it to hold it together. It was good too and I had enough for lunch today as well.

NinjaNurse
01-23-2013, 01:19 AM

1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
Sprinkle of sea salt
1 tsp Olive Oil

Ummmmmmmmmmmm maybe I'll get bean sprouts tomorrow. I finally bought celery, only like cooked in small doses so I never buy it. BUT if there was an IP for dogs, my Smokey would need to be on it!! The vet recommended celery for a snack. I figured Smokey would have none of it, he loves it!! Now we can share celery and it won't go bad from only me rarely using it!:dizzy:

NinjaNurse
01-23-2013, 01:22 AM

Any advice, help??

Thank you!

This might sound crazy or dumb, but I started to crochet again to keep my hands busy. (Haven't done it since I was a kid!) I am loving it and already made a snuggly warm afghan that totally helps with the cold. Downside, I have to remember to take my vits and snack at night, I am too busy crocheting!!:o