30-Somethings - 160's Part II

View Full Version : 160's Part II

Fluffypuppy
01-21-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm hoping to leave them behind with tomorrow's weigh in but I have my doubts. How you all doin?

dancerindenver
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Nice job, fluffy! And thanks for starting the new thread...
I'm at 165 today so plugging away at the 160s - hope to be into the 150s by mid-Feb...

Becky Quilts
01-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Nice work, FluffyPuppy!

Run through fat days.
Run despite whoever loves you or doesn't.
Run through regret and guilt.
Run through frustration.
Run through loneliness.
Run through those blissful days.
Run despite your dysfunctional family.
Run through people drifting in and out of your life.
Run through your own fits of self doubt.

Because we are no longer those girls who thought constantly of their struggle to disappear.

I choose to be healthy, to grow stronger, to be as alive as I possibly can. Who's with me?

Love it! Thank you so much for typing that out! Running can be *so* many things. Cheap therapy ;) and a source of sanity, to be sure. I signed up for my first marathon, in May. Once I hit the pay button, I was ecstatic. A few hours later, I was questioning my sanity, lol! I'm determined to finish and have a good plan, so we'll see what May brings. :)

I am on a mission to find my mindful eating motivation. Stuck at 165 for my time of month, hopefully some persistence will see that drop toward the end of the week!

dancerindenver
01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
I love that list too!
My attitude towards running right now is that it's like brushing my teeth - not something to agonize over whether I feel like doing it, do I have the energy, etc. Just do it as part of your routine that prepares you for the day. Definitely cheap therapy over here too ;)

Shrinkberry
01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice job, fluffy! And thanks for starting the new thread...
I'm at 165 today so plugging away at the 160s - hope to be into the 150s by mid-Feb...

Same here! I know some people don't assign dates to their weight loss, but I'm the opposite. It keeps me accountable. Shooting for the 150s by Valentine's Day (or a few days before).

BeachBreeze2010
01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Great job, Fluffy!!!

Yeah, I've thought a few times about putting up a picture, but can't take that other one down.

I'm camping at 163. Oh well. Like you, I am hoping to see 150s by Feb.

Becky - I definitely can relate to that!! The race I did last year (1/4 marathon) and then want to do this year goes up in cost every few months. So the longer I put off signing up, the more expensive it gets. I should have just signed up last fall when it was $35. Now it's $60 and I'm doubly panicking! I looked at the training schedule and it starts on Jan 1, so I'm already behind. AACCKK!! But...I think about how awesome it feels to do it and how much I love being in peak shape like that and having a strict schedule helps me stay focused with my exercise. I might sign up this Friday...if I wait much longer it goes to $75. That seems a bit steep to me. I could find another one, but this one is the first weekend in May and the timing is perfect weather-wise. I don't know..sigh

Becky Quilts
01-24-2013, 07:54 PM
How is everyone doing? Today has been a good day - it seems when I track I stay on.

I hear you, Annie, which was part of the reason I registered quickly. Prices popping up can get expensive quickly.

I feel like I've un-swelled a bit after my bit of usual monthly water gain, hope the scale shows it soon. :) Still hovering 165ish... it will move...!

BeachBreeze2010
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
I got on the scale this am and it flashed 162.4 and then went back to 163.0 - again...so the camping trip continues. Argh! I've been doing everything right all week, so I know the loss HAS to be coming.

Happy Friday!!

dancerindenver
01-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Still stuck here - really really hoping for 164 tomorrow! Went for a run this morning and we are going to walk to a restaurant (for an on plan dinner of fish and veggies) tonight - hopefully that will help.

Hope you guys see good news on the scale soon!

Becky Quilts
01-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Bad tracking day. DH's been gone all week, travelling for work, and got home tonight so the home stress should ease a notch. Not that it was bad... we've had far far more stressful trips.

Tomorrow's a new day.

165 this morning, but Aunt Flo hasn't arrived yet, she's late. Bah.

Good news, I got my run in tonight. If I take this training plan one day at a time I"ll do great... just one day at a time. :)

dancerindenver
01-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Hang in there, Becky!
A bit of progress here - scale finally said 164 this morning - woohoo! That one took a while.

Fluffypuppy
01-28-2013, 02:13 PM
BeachBreeze--maybe you're gearing up for a windfall. We can hope.

Dancer--yay!

I've been "camped" (to use BeachBreeze's word, I like it) at 159.5 for a week. Teetering my way out of the 160s. I hope y'all don't mind me in this thread!

dancerindenver
01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Fluffy - love the idea of teetering your way out of this decade ;)

Still stuck at 164 - I'm thinking it's going to take me FOREVER to get out of the 160s. I'm keeping my calories around 1300/day, keeping carbs under 30g/day, no starches, no sugars, and running up a storm. It should still be working *aargh* but instead I'm getting minimal movement - around 1lb/week.

Shrinkberry
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Dancerindever - Sounds like you're doing everything right. My diet/exercise routine is essentially the same as yours, and it gets a little tiring after awhile, especially when it no longer results in speedy weight loss. But keep it up, the pounds will drop eventually.

Fluffy - we don't mind that you're sticking around. I don't see a 150s thread, so you might have to start one so the rest of us can join in when we finally hit 159.

On that note, I whooshed down to 162.2 and have stayed here for 2 days. Woohoo. And in another thread, I talked about my old winter coat that I keep trying on, but it has been too snug in the sleeves to wear out. So, I FINALLY wore it to work today with a pair of size 8 dress pants (although they're from the LOFT, which tends to vanity size their clothes). Love these little victories.

BeachBreeze2010
01-30-2013, 09:46 AM
It finally moved! 161! YAY! My secret goal is to be 159 by Feb 1st, but I don't think I'm going to make it. Maybe by the end of the first week of Feb? I don't like to put deadlines on things, but we all have our guilty pleasure dates, right?

Yes - we are all doing so well, that we'll need a 150s thread soon!

Fluffy - love that you post here, but take that 159 and run with it! Don't look back and if the scale gives you a flash of 160, tell it it's lying. :)

dancerindenver
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
beach - woohoo for progress!!! Nice going!
shrinkberry - yay for whooshes! Those NSVs related to clothes are so fun - glad you're enjoying them!

Still no progress here but it will happen eventually....

dancerindenver
02-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Finally stopped camping at 164 - so nice to see 163 on the scale this morning!

How are all of you doing?

BeachBreeze2010
02-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Yay Dancer!! It feels good to see anything different after being at the same number for so long!

I'm sitting on 161. I think my pattern lately is to stay at one number and then jump all at once down 2lbs. It's like the weight has been going gradually, but my body is stubborn and won't let me have it on the scale - holds on to water or whatever. haha I don't know, but I'm going with the idea that I am making all the right choices so it has to move eventually. I WILL BE more stubborn than you, Mr. Scale!! <evil laugh>

Shrinkberry
02-05-2013, 10:39 AM
TOM induced jump from 163 to 165.6 this morning. I know it is just water weight, but it still makes me feel gross. On the bright side, I'm down to a weight where I can notice a 2lb difference in the way I feel and how my clothes fit. I couldn't have said that six months ago.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great. Keep it up.

BeachBreeze2010
02-07-2013, 12:17 PM
160.4 this morning! Soooo close! It kills me when the scale flashes a number in the 150s before it settles at 160 something. I have renewed energy to stay on plan today with the 150s so close.

169 to 160 has meant going from a size 12 to a size 10, my shirts fit again and are longer and I feel lighter when I run. I can't wait to see what changes the 150s have for me??

Shrinkberry
02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
160.4 this morning! Soooo close! It kills me when the scale flashes a number in the 150s before it settles at 160 something. I have renewed energy to stay on plan today with the 150s so close.

169 to 160 has meant going from a size 12 to a size 10, my shirts fit again and are longer and I feel lighter when I run. I can't wait to see what changes the 150s have for me??

BB - you'll be in the 150s by next week! So happy for you.

dancerindenver
02-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Beach - way to go!!

Shrinkberry
02-08-2013, 07:54 AM
TOM induced jump from 163 to 165.6 this morning. I know it is just water weight, but it still makes me feel gross. On the bright side, I'm down to a weight where I can notice a 2lb difference in the way I feel and how my clothes fit. I couldn't have said that six months ago.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great. Keep it up.

FINALLY, dropped the TOM water weight and back to 162, which is about where I was this time last week. 2lbs to go.

BeachBreeze2010
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks! Today was another woosh down to 159.4!
Shrink berry - you're so close! Very soon now!!

Shrinkberry
02-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks! Today was another woosh down to 159.4!
Shrink berry - you're so close! Very soon now!!

Congrats! You can join Fluffypuppy in the newly started 150s thread. Hope to be there soon. I was hoping to get there by Valentine's day, but that might be a stretch.

ETA: DancerinDenver - Have fun at the beach this weekend. I'm about to get snowed in where I live, so I'm very envious.

Shrinkberry
02-09-2013, 05:09 PM
After all the snow in my neck of the woods (22 inches), I couldn't drive to the gym today but made up for it by shoveling my sidewalk and buried car. Then, went for a 5 mile walk across the river and through the city. I was a little cold and decided to jog the final 1.5-2 miles home. Running on partially plowed roads is a little like running in the sand. Really feeling it in my calves.

And I saw a brief flash of 159.8 when I stepped on the scale after my workout, although the scale settled at 160.2 and I'm a bit dehydrated after my day out in the snow. Hopefully sometime soon I will hit 159.8 for good.

Shrinkberry
02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Another workout away from the gym on Sunday. Went for a run outside, which took about twice as long as normal because of all the snow and finished up my workout by riding my bike on my trainer (lifts back wheel and adds resistance...pretty similar to riding outside but you don't go anywhere) and lifting a little. Weighed in at 158.0 this morning, but I'm not ready to declare entry into the 150s quite yet. The loss is likely mostly water weight from my active weekend dressed in probably too many layers.

dancerindenver
02-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Back from vacation and a bit of a maintenance break but amazingly have lost 2lbs (I was afraid to get on the scale for a while - I was so sure I'd be up at least 5lbs). At 161 and totally ready to make the move to the next decade!

Shrinkberry - sounds like you are doing great - way to blaze the trail!

How's everyone else doing?

Shrinkberry
02-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Back from vacation and a bit of a maintenance break but amazingly have lost 2lbs (I was afraid to get on the scale for a while - I was so sure I'd be up at least 5lbs). At 161 and totally ready to make the move to the next decade!

Shrinkberry - sounds like you are doing great - way to blaze the trail!

How's everyone else doing?

Welcome back and congrats on the 2lbs. Hope you had fun at the beach with your friends.

I think BeachBreeze actually blazed the trail to the 150s and I followed along a week or so later after an unexpected whoosh. Down to 158 despite having my first really tough week last week. Not sure what happened, but work stress was making me not want to work out or eat healthfully. Back on track, however, with no major damage done.

Our 150s thread is pretty quiet so you need to join us soon. :)

BeachBreeze2010
02-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Yes!!! ^^^^ Come join us! :)

dancerindenver
02-28-2013, 01:03 PM
At 160 today so I hope I'm just a few days away from joining you guys - can't wait! Congrats on zooming along - you guys rock!

Shrinkberry
03-01-2013, 09:07 AM
At 160 today so I hope I'm just a few days away from joining you guys - can't wait! Congrats on zooming along - you guys rock!

Wow, nice job. Almost there.

SunnyDC
03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey y'all!

I'm trying to work my way down to 159!! 158lbs is my half way point. 10lbs to go.

SunnyDC
03-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Can't wait to get where you are!

JoannaLynn
03-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi guys! Right now with it being TOM, I'm 165. I'm normally 162 or 163...depending on how much salt I had the day before. lol I'm hoping to be at 159 by March 20th. :)

SunnyDC
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Hey Everybody! I'm at the midway mark. 165.9lbs Really determined to get out of the the 160's it's so hard for me to get to the 150's for some reason.

RVAscreenwriter
03-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Hey, y'all - I'm new to this thread, and am excited to be here! I just dropped into the 160s a few days ago, thank goodness. Right now I'm at 168.2, and am hoping to keep moving south! My fiance and I are getting married on April 13th - it's a small family affair on the beach - and since my dress is arriving on Monday, I'd like to focus on my arms and back more than actual pounds...

I might be around for a little bit.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone! Work it out!

Crow
03-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Hey everybody, just scraped into this decade today with 169.5, and I'm very happy to be here! I'll have a few milestones on my way down -- I get my second broccoli at 166 and match my pre-pregnancy weight at 164, so there's lots of incentive to keep going strong.

I hope none of us are here for very long.

RVAscreenwriter
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Hey everybody, just scraped into this decade today with 169.5, and I'm very happy to be here!

Congrats! I'm slowly but surely moving down through the 160s, and IT FEELS GREAT. I'm glad you're here. Let's get out of here, though!

Crow
04-01-2013, 08:52 AM
168.5, so it looks like I'm not going to relapse and head back to the 170s.

RVA, you're doing so well! Whatever you're doing is obviously working.

RVAscreenwriter
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks, Crow! I saw that you had a great loss since the last weigh-in over at the 4 Month Challenge. Congrats!

I have been letting myself stress a bit about getting my pounds down to where I want them at every deadline, but I know that I do better with my fitness and weight loss when I manage to keep my head focused on non-scale victories. I think that's what I'm going to need to do to get out of the 160s...

Crow
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks, RVA, but my loss over there wasn't as great as it seemed. Last week's weigh-in was on a fluctuation day and about 1lb heavier than the days before and after. I thought about putting in the smaller number but in the end I just figured it'd even itself out eventually.

Don't you have your wedding coming up very soon?!! No wonder you're stressed -- but what a non-scale victory. :carrot::D

RVAscreenwriter
04-02-2013, 09:09 AM
The good thing about fluctuation days is that even when your weight drops kind of oddly, as long as you keep up your routine, that number WILL BE SEEN AGAIN. One of the users on the forums put on her low weight number from the fluctuation days, and just kept it there until she passed it. It sounds overly-optimistic, but as long as you are true to the cause of fitness, you will truly get there.

Yep, my wedding is coming up in less than two weeks! It is very small and private (only a few members of each of our families), since we changed our minds about having the big wedding that we were going to have for various reasons... so, it's not quite that stressful. That was one of the ideas behind downsizing. The thing that is stressful is the whole dress/photos thing. It doesn't keep me up at night, or anything, but every day that ticks by, the thought goes through my head that maybe my backfat will negatively surprise me by muffin-topping my dress... ARGH!

Crow
04-13-2013, 01:21 AM
:hat::angel::cloud9:Happy Wedding Day, RVA!!!:cloud9::angel::hat:

Hope it's a fantastic day -- I'll be thinking of you.

RVAscreenwriter
04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh, my gosh! Thank you, Crow! It was lovely, despite the cloudy day in Malibu!
http://fitterfinally.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wedding-pic1.jpg

Crow
04-22-2013, 04:08 PM
What a gorgeous picture -- I can tell it was a great day.

Congratulations!!!

ChickieBoom
04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Hello everyone! I was shocked when I stepped on the scale last night and saw 168...had to weigh again this morning just to be sure. Thrilled to be here but ready for my weight to keep coming down.

Crow
04-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the 160s ChickieBoom, hope neither of us are here for long!

Today I saw 163 and I've got the 150s locked in my sights. Won't be long now, I hope.

ChickieBoom
04-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the 160s ChickieBoom, hope neither of us are here for long!

Today I saw 163 and I've got the 150s locked in my sights. Won't be long now, I hope.

Love it! I haven't seen the 150s in so long, I can't even think about that right now. Heck...it's been a really long time since I've seen the 160s!

RVAscreenwriter
05-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Gonna be honest - I fell off the wagon BIG TIME, and gained five pounds back - so, I'm not in the 160s, anymore. But, I'm close! I'll get back there, and then will be getting my butt down to the 150s.

Boom fist.

ChickieBoom
05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Gonna be honest - I fell off the wagon BIG TIME, and gained five pounds back - so, I'm not in the 160s, anymore. But, I'm close! I'll get back there, and then will be getting my butt down to the 150s.

Boom fist.

Boom fist...love it! You are super close.

Crow
05-01-2013, 12:14 PM
RVA, that's exactly what I did after my wedding, which led to me regaining the 50lbs I'd lost. Glad you're smarter than I was.

You'll be back here before you know it.

RVAscreenwriter
05-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks, y'all! It's a good thing that I have another goal to work toward in June: paddleboarding lessons! Eep. :)

whitetooth
05-02-2013, 05:01 AM
166 here .... Hope to see 150's soon

Thenu
05-02-2013, 06:53 AM
I have been in 160s for years and just joined the lose 10 lbs by june 1st challenge. I barely touched 150s before but usually gain it back. This time I really want to do it , stay there and lose more to reach my ultimate goal. I hope all of us can reach 150s and move down further.

Crow I just saw your signature - I am also 5'1 and weigh 163. Can not ask for more than this for a weight loss buddy :) . It will be motivating for me to check in with you all here.

RVAscreenwriter
05-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Welcome, Thenu and Whitetooth! This thread was kind of slow for a while, but with new members, I'm sure we'll all cheer each other on!

ChickieBoom
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I have a feeling that his scale isn't going to be as kind as mine. Ugh.

Thenu
05-07-2013, 07:43 AM
How is everyone doing? RVA justbsaw your wedding day pic - Gorgeous pic. Chickieboom how did the dr appt go?

I was 162 2 days back but 163 again today . I think if I am strict with my diet I would be able to touch 150s briefly in week or 2.

RVAscreenwriter
05-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks, Thenu! It was a great day!

Somehow, my wedding landed me back in the 170s, but I managed to get back down into the 160s. Just barely: 169.6.

No worries about your 163! There's plenty of time to change that.

Chickieboom - How did your doctor's scale compare with your own? Okay?

changing the subject /// I have to buy a swimsuit. Yikes! Cellulite, it is time for you to greet the world!

Crow
05-13-2013, 04:30 AM
162 today ; I'm stuck in a '60s timewarp!

How's everybody else doing?

Crow
05-16-2013, 04:34 AM
159 -- I'm outta here!! I'll keep the 150s warm for you guys.

happyhoustonmommy
05-20-2013, 01:32 PM
New here! I'm hovering around 168-170 but I am about to start my period so I know there's some water retention in there.

I hope to be mid 160's within the next two weeks :)

TerrapinMode
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey, I just found you all. I have been in the 160's for far too long. Right now I'm at 162.4 (according to my scale). I keep sabotaging any success I might have by "rewarding" my little victories. But this has to end. Here's to hoping I am in and out of this group in a matter of weeks...

Learning 2 Live
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Is there anyone still in the 160s? Yesterday and today I weighed in at 169 so I finally qualify for this thread. But it seems empty. Where is everyone??

Kaitie9399
06-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Well Learning 2 Live I just got into the 160's so....I'm here. :-)

169.8 today. It took me forever to get out of the 170's but yeah, now here I am!

Kaitie9399
06-30-2013, 11:18 PM
So I FINALLY get here....and now I'm the only one here.

Becky Quilts
07-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Very light traffic indeed.

Refocusing, here! Stalled at 165.2, I should be unstuck in a week. I've been tracking my diet like a rockstar! So I am really hoping this gets unstuck soon. :)

SunnyDC
07-03-2013, 06:40 PM
:moped:Get me outta here. Please get me outta here! :tantrum::rollpin:

Kaitie9399
07-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Hello Everyone!

It took me forever to get out of the 170's...I hope that's not going to happen to me for the 160's too!

Clumsy
07-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Finally! ! I had been hovering in the lower 170s for a long time. I'm finally starting to see the difference for myself. Yeah my clothes had been fitting better and my chin stopped multiplying when I looked down, but I'm just now really registering a difference. I'm swimming in the jeggings I bought 3 months ago. I'm now a size large for most shirts and dresses instead of a solid xl and occasionally xxl. Freaking awesome.

SunnyDC
07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Half way there finally!!

cosmic wisdom
07-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey guys, Its official I weighted in and today I'm 169. Just wanted to say hello to you all. I'm doing the happy dance :)

SunnyDC
07-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi cosmic wisdom! Congratulations on clearing that last 10lbs! It's such a big thing to lose ten pounds.

SunnyDC
07-21-2013, 11:05 PM
163.4 today. I hope it sticks! :carrot:

cosmic wisdom
07-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Congrats DC!! I t seems the 160s are no joke but Im making progress dropped 1 lb to get to 168.

Just need to eat clean and stick to my exercise plan.

Have a good Monday ladies.

Sirius Amadeus
07-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Hello, I'm newly into the 160s! Not sure how much of what i've been dropping is water weight, but it's been coming off quickly. I've been recalculating my caloric intake every 5 lbs, and just went from 1200/day to 1300/day. Then again, I do aim for a 1k calorie burn (cumulative) 4-5 days a wk. It really gives me some leeway regarding temptations, but I do tend to eat much smaller portions now. :)

35 on Friday and my size.14 Hilfiger dress is loose on me! May need some tailoring soon!! :D

SunnyDC
07-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey Ladies! It's almost Friday! :wave:

I weighed today @ 162.8 (but yesterday I was 162.7 -- so I am up an ounce. Gah!) Anyway I feel good that I will make it out of here pretty soon.

Turtle11
07-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone! I'm not really allowed in here yet...

But I wanted to pop in and say "Happy Birthday Sirius"!! :gift:

Bet that dress looks hot :flame:

HappyHoliday
07-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Hi! I'm new to this thread. This morning I weighed in at 167.4, after being 168.4 for three days. I'm hoping to see at least an even 167 for Monday.

My immediate goal is to get back down to my January 1 weight of 145.
I have been sick past two weeks so not much exercise happening, but doing well with meals.

SunnyDC
07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
I weighed at 161.7 this morning. Just a bit more and I'll be there.

HappyHoliday
07-31-2013, 08:41 AM
SunnyDC, you are SO close!

I'm at 166.6 this am, after a couple days of 167.8
Glad to see a little drop.
Going out tonight to listen to done music and we're having dinner there, so will need to be careful.

cosmic wisdom
08-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Wow Sunny - you're gonna be outta here soon :)

Sirius Amadeus - You're kicking butt

Turtle - I've missed you!! please come over in this thread.

Still around the same weight but I got over my injury, modified my diet and once my TOM is over - I'll be hopefully be on track.

cosmic wisdom
08-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Looks like my tweaks are taking affect - I'm 167 now. More importantly, I've been lifting weights using the NROL methods since 7/30 and looked at my measurements then.

I've lost 47.35 inches in the past year. That's 3.94 feet almost 4 feet!! :carrot:

Turtle11
08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
169.8 this morning. My scale only reads even numbers in the tenth decimal place, so there is zero margin between me and the 170s. Hope it widens a little over the next couple days. I don't want to go back!!!!

cosmic wisdom
08-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Welcome Turtle :)

Im down to 166 today. The whoosh fairy is upon me. Wish I knew how to trap it...

Turtle11
08-08-2013, 07:55 AM
168.4 this morning. So i've now had three days in the 160s and I'm moving in. I had the moving company come and pack my bags and setup everything up here.

I'd like to find that fairy too... She seems to have visited me the past couple days, hope she stays around a little be longer.

Turtle11
08-10-2013, 08:29 AM
So the past two days I've been at 169.8, grrr. I know I had two very high sodium days. I think I'll try some lemon in my water today to try and flush out any junk. Really hope I don't have to go back to the 170s board!!!!

MauiKai
08-10-2013, 09:38 AM
168.2 today. That is up from 168.0.

I was thrilled to leave the 170s behind, but now the 160s are moving sooo slowly!

Turtle11
08-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Well I guess it looks like I am moving in the right direction. I was 169.6 this morning. Down .2 yah.

Mauikai - I seem to be struggling with the 160s too, I'm up 1.2 from three days ago.

MauiKai
08-11-2013, 11:56 AM
The 170's came and went "relatively fast" so to speak. (Nothing about weightloss is really fast IMO) Now that I'm in the 160s, I seem to be yo-yoing through the same 2lbs over and over again. It's like you just want to scream at your body LET IT GO MAN! DROP THE WEIGHT ALREADY!

cosmic wisdom
08-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Welcome Maukai to the the thread. Getting thru the 160's is def no joke. But stay focus and patient and you'll be outa here soon.

I know that I got thru the 170's so fast and then when i hit 169 I stalled out and got a little bit discouraged.

Turtle11
08-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Mauikai - I completely feel the same way, I've been yo-yoing in the top range of this decade. I would feel a lot more secure here if I was closer to the middle! What does "nui loa" mean?

cosmic - You body seems to be in the melting phase again. Is that a 4 in your siggie?

Back down a little more at 169.0. Seeing that 168.4 and then jumpin up again was cruel. just cruel.

cosmic wisdom
08-12-2013, 01:22 PM
I feel ya Turtle. Breaking into the 160s was a battle. I think now that we are lighter we can't get away with little cheats as much...

I had to go "lower" carb to get my body into "melt" mode. I was eating low carb anyways so I just made small tweaks.

Turtle11
08-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Looked better today at 168.4. I started out with WW and I'm still following their plan, but in the last month I also started counting calories too. So far I've been pretty successful with those two things. I am trying to keep with the higher protein, less processed foods, zero soda, zero fast food, and little refined sugar. I have a feeling that very soon I'm going to have to start paying attention to the fat/protein/carb ratios. Cosmic - what do you consider lower carb? I just checked my logs and I seem to be around 150-200 per day.

cosmic wisdom
08-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Turtle here was what I was eating for about a year until the last week of July:
For me I ate around 100 grams of carbs a day and was able to lose 80 pounds over the course of a year with np - tried to keep calories around 1300-1500. I rarely ate bread, corn, beans,potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice,pasta or sugary fruits (oranges, pineapple, mango etc). EXCEPT I did include bananas in my protein smoothie only on the days I weight lifts. Try to make the majority of my meals at home and eat out occasionally.

Currently
The last week of July, I lowered total carbs to about 50 grams a day total by leaving out the banana and the lean cuisine lunches at work. I do deduct the fiber I eat so its around 20-30 grams net now still eating around 1300 -1500 calories.

My main foods are leafy greens, proteins, eggs, berries, seeds, nuts, unsweetened almond milk, squash, cheese, avocados, tomatoes, greek yogurt, cucumbers, eggplant, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower

Fav meal that actually is a treat yet healthy -> Chocolate protein powder + natural peanut butter+ chia seeds+almond milk with stevia for a breakfast smoothie. I drink smoothies with chia seeds every morning...

Im really active so Im not really anal on the carb counts... I walk 1.9 miles round trip to and from work as well as go to the gym Mon -Sat doing weight lifting +cardio M/W/F and only cardio on T/Thr/Sat. I've been doing this for over a year but I alternate 2 different weight lifting routines - changing them every month. You got to switch it up to keep the body guessing.

When I do want a dessert I just make my own sugar free versions as well as low carb pizzas. Sometimes (every 2 months or so)I got off my diet and ate whatever I want - especially when I go on vacations. However I always go back because my body def feels the difference with processed foods and it would take about 1-3 weeks to undo the damage weight-wise.

That's basically what I've been doing. Hope that helps :)

Tiffkuhn
08-14-2013, 09:49 AM
I saw 169.8 for the first time this morning so hope to move in here with you guys soon!

Turtle11
08-14-2013, 02:18 PM
WOW - 50 grams of carbs! Awesome job. I am really impressed. I think I'm going to try and get a better handle on mine. Maybe that'll be a September /October goal. Your breakdown definately helped. I looked over my last 20 days of calories and I averaged 1402 so that seems to be on track. My little sister swears by chia seeds so I'm going to check those out next time at the grocery store. That smoothie sounds really yummy.

I feel like I'm taking moderate/baby steps. May and June was Weight watchers and "just stay on plan", early July was find exercises I like, and late July and August have been counting calories, WW and JM 30 (45) day shred. I feel like I'm getting slightly diet and exercise fatigued. Its just all pretty new to my routine so getting used to it will take time. After I learn some more good healthy recipes and find good choices at the restaurants we visit, I think It'll get easier. I'm going on vacation in late Sept, so I'm pushing hard for that. And while I'm gone I'll probably just walk and watch. Hopefully I'll be reenergized when I get back.

Tuffkuhn - congrats!!! pack your bags and move in, we've got lots of room :)

cosmic wisdom
08-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Last night I drank too much wine and didn't work out this morning.

I think I just need to rest and take a couple of days off from working out.

Thankfully still holding at 164....

Turtle11
08-15-2013, 10:44 AM
cosmic - your muscles definately need time to recover (and probably your head after the wine)!

I went up again slightly this morning to 169, working with TOM now, and am slightly emotional. I didn't yell at the toaster but I thought about it.

Tiffkuhn
08-15-2013, 10:52 AM
169.2 this morning. I woke up and walked 3.5 miles this morning to help burn off the Thai food from last night, and hope to get another 3-5 miles in today (I live in a city so its easy to just walk around for a few hours after work). Also, I may be insane, but I signed up for a 6am hot yoga class tomorrow.

cosmic wisdom
08-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Tiffkuhn - tell us about the hot yoga. Was looking into that myself...

Still at 164 :( Im trying to not freak out and stay the course. Im not going to the gym until prob Monday.

Trying to look at the big picture - 85 lbs lost is great. However, the last 19 lbs are gonna be hard to lose. May lower my calories and switch up the cardio after the weekend. I gotta take a page form Turtle and take baby steps. I'm a little type A so that's gonna be hard to do.

Turtle11
08-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Cosmic - patience is a good thing. You didn't lose those 85 lbs overnight!
I would call myself more of a nerd than A-type. I have an excel spreadsheet with my daily caloric intake, sedentary/expected daily calorie burn, exercise caloric burn, hopeful 1% loss per week and two graphs.

For instance: at my height and weight at sedentary I would burn 1850 calories / day. Yesterday I ate 1240 calories and walked (it was my day off) 1.5 miles burning 110 calories. That puts me at a 720 calorie deficit. So I should have lost 720/3500 lbs yesterday. Or .21 lbs.

My graph of "should have lost" against scale loss is pretty accurate. (I'm trying to figure out how to post it) If I have an up day on the scale, I look at my "should have lost" and realize it is water weight and don't get upset. If I wish I would have lost more, I look at my "should have lost" weight and tell myself I either need to workout more, or be happy with the loss.

Tiffkuhn
08-16-2013, 10:19 AM
So today was a super early day, and I got to the hot yoga class at 6. I did hot yoga for a few months last year and really loved it. Not only is it an incredible workout, it also just makes me feel great mentally and physically. I like the Bikram approach because it is fast paced enough to keep my attention and the culture allows for anyone to feel comfortable. In fact, the instructor reminds you to keep your eyes on the mirror and focus on your own practice. As far as classmates go, I have seen men and women, teenagers to 80 year olds, skinny and obese--- anyone can do it. I highly recommend for anyone to give it a go. The first class you ever do will be REALLY HARD, but give it time and it does get easier.

Didn't weigh this morning because it was super early. Last night I walked home from work 7.8 miles. I do IF, and because of the early morning yoga I took my eating window earlier in the day. Today, I am back on normal eating schedule. I just hope to get through the weekend without too much water weight (cocktails, lol).

Katiepony01
08-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Hi!

Just want to chime in & join you, if that's okay.

I'm 5 months (today!) post-baby. Really struggling with weight and hoping you folks will give me the motivation to get where I need to be,

Cagey

Turtle11
08-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Hey katie! Welcome, congrats on the baby!

Tiff - I am so borderline going to a class. You might have tipped the scales. I'm going to finish my JM 30 DS here at home, then maybe venture to a gym.

cosmic - *deep breath* Now puff your chest out and bang on it like Tarzan and do the jungle cry. This is to celebrate that you have lost 85 lbs. Stay on plan, it'll come off, it has to, its math with a little hormones thrown in. :dust: (- I may need some of this back at some point)

I'm up .4 after a Mexican date with the hubbie (OP). Hoping its water weight and comes off soon.

cosmic wisdom
08-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Really don't know how it happen but the scale went down a couple of pounds to 162 over the weekend :)

Think my overindulgence in wine delayed some wine loss.

Turtle11
08-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Hey ladies, 167.4 this morning! woot woot. - yeah mini goal. :hat: I don't like to claim victory until I have three consequtive days. (Not sure why) but I saw it so I'm pretty excited.

Cosmic - sometimes maybe your body needs time to regroup? I just got here to the 160s, and your going to be leaving again!!!!

Tiffkuhn
08-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Over indulged in wine a little this weekend and have some water weight to get off, but I am sure it is just water weight- I got in 3 workouts and about 6 miles of walking this weekend. Going to hot yoga again tonight and then an early morning workout tomorrow. Hubby is out of town all this week, so hopefully that means it will be easy to stay on plan.

Sirius Amadeus
08-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting regularly; I had a medical hiccup to get over, not to mention that I no longer have access to a scale! As of last weds, I am officially 163 lbs! I think I posted here when I escaped the 170s (that was a proud day!), and now here I am about 4 lbs away from leaving! I've been vacationing in the woods, and boy, does hiking burn calories...

I've already lost 10% of my old body weight!

New goals:
154 by late Sept.
140 by Halloween/Nov. 15th?
135 / Maintenance by Xmas?? Omg!

Tiffkuhn
08-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Water weight almost gone. 169.6 this morning. I did hot yoga again last night and it was much harder to do in the evening! I think I will only do the 6am classes from now on. I am going to go for a run and maybe some weights during my lunch break today. Hoping to break out of 169 and maybe even 168 by this weekend. We will see....

Turtle11
08-20-2013, 10:22 AM
cosmic - that wine weight is much harder to lose than water weight, unfortunately

sirius - welcome back!

Tiffkuhn - awesome job with working out!!! I know your muscles can retain water if they aren't used to your workouts. Crossing my fingers you get the 168 by this weekend :)

166.2 this morning! Love it! but I'm not sure if it'll stick

cosmic wisdom
08-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Im at 161 right now...we'll see if it holds tomorrow morning.

Sirius Amadeus - congrats!! glad to see you around..

Turtle - I dont know whats going on. But I'll miss you guys - seems no one is in the 150s forum. If you all don't mind I'll still check in time to time when that time comes.

Tiffkuhn
08-21-2013, 09:14 AM
168.4 this morning! Lets hope it hold and continues down! Hubby is out of town this week, so I am really focusing on diet and exercise.

Turtle11
08-21-2013, 10:01 AM
cosmic - you can stay here as long as you want :D even when the scale says 15x. It'll be motivating to me

Tiff- I find it much easier to stay on plan when the hubby is traveling for work.

166.8 this morning, so the first whoosh seems to be sticking :) Gonna call 2nd mini goal !! :hat:

MauiKai
08-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Finally beat the plateau at 169-168, and reached 166! Yay!

cosmic wisdom
08-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Congrats MauiKai for beating the plateau curse. Congrats to Turtle for meeting a mini goal. Doing a happy dance for you both :)

Tiffkuhn
08-22-2013, 09:59 AM
I was feeling at little exhausted yesterday, so I ate at maintenance. Was up to 169.0, but this is probably from water rentention. I will calorie cycle today to make up for the "over eating" yesterday. It's funny, even though it wasn't a binge and I spent alot of calories in exercise over the past few days as well as eating at about 1200 calories, I still have some guilt surround this. Does that ever happen with you guys?

Tiffkuhn
08-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Back down to 168.6 this morning. I really want to see that 167.x soon. I feel I am due for a whoosh, lol. Can I just jump right down to like 165? My mini goal dates are rather ambitious, but I am using them because they are significant dates (my anniversary, friend's wedding, hubby's b-day). 8.6 lbs in 2 weeks? Not unheard of, but I am not counting on it.

cosmic wisdom
08-23-2013, 12:18 PM
I feel ya Tiffkuhn...I've been hoping between 161 and 160 no whoosh yet...

Turtle11
08-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Back up to 167 this morning, going to try and really eat clean for the rest of the month. I would love to see a 165.x by next Saturday.

Congrats mauikai on breaking that stall, I know you were there for a little while.

Tiff- I say go big for your goals: if you can stay positive if you don't meet them. Sometimes when I eat around 1600-1800 (for nights out) I get a little guilty because I feel like it is a lost day for losing weight. But then I remind myself that its a journey, and my body must have needed it. If I was totally strict I would probably lose the weight faster but I would be more in jeopardy of falling off the wagon. I'd rather stay on the wagon, and eating 1600-1700 is still on the wagon.

I have had the hiccups all day, tried all the tricks, and still have them. can I consider this an ab workout? grrrrrr

Tiffkuhn
08-23-2013, 02:40 PM
I can stay positive on the goals. I started this journey in January 2012, and the only goal I had was to keep seeing the scale go down until I got to 130. I was ok with the slow and steady and even took 6 months to not "diet" and just live with one eye on the scale and see if the changes I made let me maintain. I did great maintaining never flucuating more that 1lb except at TOM. Now, I feel like I am so close to goal that I just want to knock it out. I have lost (and gained) the last 35 lbs so many times since I was a freshman in high school, that it really feels like the home stretch to me. I've gone down almost 7 solid lbs in 4 weeks (I didn't even count the 4lbs I knew was water- because of that I was 179 on 7/22). So, I am not complaining, and I consider my goals to be loose- the final one is the only one that counts and if it takes me another year to get there, I am ok with that- but I don't think it will.

Turtle11
08-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Tiff - go big !!! :D I'm actually a little more worried about the maintaining (rest of my life) phase. I think the weight will come off if I stay on plan, but once there is no plan and I don't have a downward curve on my weight loss graph, it might be harder.

Back up to 167.4 and I'm not feeling well. I have a sore throat :(

Turtle11
08-26-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure whats going on with the body today and yesterday I gained a lb both days. I'm up to 169.4. I really hope I don't have to go back to the 170s!!!!

Tiffkuhn
08-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Ugh, I don't even want to talk about. Gained also, about to be TOM. Reminding myself that it all does back down in a couple of days, and my rings are super tight so it is definetly water. I was hoping since last month I didn't see a huge jump (I think only two pounds) that I was starting a new trend. Looks like that was a fluke and I have my normal gain 6lbs- since Saturday afternoon! Drinking water and green tea like a crazy person to flush it all out.

cosmic wisdom
08-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I gained too but it was but my own choosing by cheating this weekend on carbs. My TOM is due the end of this week so I don't plan to be back where I was until around 9/11 or so...

I will def be more on the ball since I'm visiting family for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

cosmic wisdom
08-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Scale is moving in the right direction...Im at 162 now. Probably wont lose anything else until my TOM is over...

Tiffkuhn
08-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm going down too. Still holding on to some TOM weight, but I should see a whoosh by the end of the week. I went to the gym last night and tried a bootcamp class on a whim. It was really fun, although I find the group classes hard because I get too distracted by the mirror activity during the cardio sets and I have two left feet and zero coordination, lol. I will do the class again, maybe once a week to change things up.

Turtle11
08-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone, so the 3 lb gain from a few days ago seems to have come back off. I was 165.8 this morning. Crazy, not sure if it'll stick, but I was happy to see it.

I'm finishing my 30 day shred this morning. Strangely I feel a little lost. It was pretty hardcore for me, not being in very good shape and I'm really proud of finishing it :) I think I might buy another DVD from Jullian Michaels. There is one called Ripped in 30. I guess the structure of the first one was a good fit for me.

I'm going camping for labor day so who knows what that'll bring in regard to the scales.

cosmic wisdom
08-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Have a great trip Turtle...Im down to 161 now. The damage from my cheat weekend is undone :)

Sirius Amadeus
08-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Having a hard time staying on track with my diet; i'm almost out of food (!), no money til the 3rd, and waiting on a care package from family out west. Granted, it's mostly highly processed, sugary stuff, but it'll hold me over for a few days. Probably bump me up few pounds, unfortunately, but I guess it's better than starving. :/

Tiffkuhn
08-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Back down to 169 today, so loosing some of the bloat. I have alot of activity plans for the weekend and will try and keep the food-centered activities to a minimum. Have a great Labor Day everyone!

SunnyDC
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I did it. I finally cleared the 160's. I'm calling it because I weighed in at 158.0 today!! See you guys in the 150's!!!!

I know it's hard and you might feel like u are stuck in the 160's forever, I even started to feel that way, but don't give up.

cosmic wisdom
09-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Sunny DC right behind you - weighted in at 159 this morning :)

Getting out of the 160s was a B%$#!. Had to tweak my caloric intake and eating habits.

I'll still check in here from time to time....Turtle, Tiffkuhn and Sirius keep it up.

Tiffkuhn
09-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Still yo-yoing in the upper 160s. I had a lot of food-based celebrations in the last couple of weeks, and trying to get my head back on track for losing. I have main alot of gains at the gym though, so I am happy about that.

Turtle11
09-13-2013, 03:23 PM
congrats cosmic and sunny d. Early September was definately a killer in terms of weight loss. I'm glad that I have held in the 165-166 range the past two week. Started weighing food and exercising again. Today will be three days in row, so I feel much better about myself. Hoping to see low 160s by the end of the month.

MauiKai
09-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Still battling the 160s. So close yet seemingly so far from the 150s.

Turtle11
09-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Back up to 166.2 this morning, I went traveling over the weekend and ate out the whole time. We had red lobster on Sat and Bob evans on sunday. I would have stayed around 1400-1500 calories on Saturday, but I had some drinks (the yummy creamy blended kinds). I rarely drink, the last time was in May, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I only had around 1450 calories on Sunday, I just didn't get to workout yesterday and sat in a car all day.

MauiKai
09-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Red lobster is a great restaurant for dieting. I always order the half or lunch sized grilled trout w/broccoli, baked potato no butter, but I do get sour cream. (And only eat half the potato.) I eat the garden salad, dressing on the side, NO cheese biscuits.

angiemama
09-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Finally, finally, finally in the 160s! It's embarrasing how long it took, but I don't plan to stay here long!! :) My body held on to the 170s like crazy and I stayed between 172 and 170 for what felt like forever. I'm incredibly happy to see 169 and I'm looking forward to the 150s big time! It will be the second time in my life that I will weigh less than 160. I was 169 on my wedding day and 152 when I met my husband.
Right before I met my husband I had lost quite a bit of weight, going from 195 to 152. Of course, you fall in love and gain weight. Six years and a baby later, I'm determined to get back down and finally get to my goal.

cosmic wisdom
09-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Angiemama - congrats!! Its not how quick you get to the goal its what to do when you finally get there....

Turtle - Dont beat yourself up. Sometime you gotta say YOLO and enjoy yourself. Seems like you're back on the ball.

Great work ladies....

Tiffkuhn
09-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Hello everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for a while, just very busy with alot of work and social stuff. I have partaken in lots of tasty restaurant meals and had more than a couple of boozy evenings, but I have managed to stay in the 169 range. I have been keeping up with the gym at least 4 days a week too. I am really enjoying bootcamp classes right now.

Turtle11
09-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Hey all, so after a bad September start, I've been OP for the last couple weeks, but I can't seem to shake the 165 range. I saw a 163 a few days ago but it seems to have stuck right back on. I'm hoping for a whoosh soon.

Angie - So glad you made it to the 160s, the 170s were a pain for me too.

Cosmic - You are getting sooo close to goal!! I'm so happy for you :)

Tuffkuhn, I really thought the summer was a more hectic time, but I just seem so busy now too. I've heard the bootcamp workouts are fun, I want to give those or Zumba a try soon. My JM 30 day shred hasn't been making me sweat as hard lately, and I feel like I need that.

Turtle11
09-25-2013, 06:00 PM
MauiKai - I was shocked when I looked up Red Lobster's calories. Some of the entrees have less than 200 calories in them! You are so close to the 150s!!

Turtle11
09-28-2013, 08:32 AM
So in the past two days I have finally gotten a whoosh this month and I'm down to 162.6. Only took to the 28th of the month!!! But I am glad to see the little fairy. Better late than never.

Iron Law
10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello lovely ladies!!

I have not been here in a loooong time. I had gone on a mission and lost 30 pounds and was super happy with my body and my emotional health, and went into a maintenance routine. FAIL. I'm not going to use this board to whine about my problems (hey, we all have problems), but I do want to reach out for some support as I get my @$$ back on track.

I was at 148-149 and looking great. I just went to the doc to get some "happy pills" for some incomprehensible crazy ish happening in my life right now and I am back up to 162. Unacceptable.

So, here's my plan: vegan and juice diet for the next two weeks. Possible lean protein over salad for dinner (especially if I go for a run). Running at least 3 times a week. Off days will be hiking with my puppy (he's only 4 months and cannot run distances yet). I'm debating about starting P90X again. Last time I did it I looked like a damn beast. My shoulders were like that of an East German Olympic swimmer from the 80s. Maybe something more low key... Still deciding how to do some strength training here (and I don't do the gym thing... everything I do is in my house/home gym). Suggestions would be appreciated.

I am taking back control of my life people! I love this forum and cannot even express my gratitude for the support and kindness I find on here.

Iron Law

Turtle11
10-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey Iron Law, congrats on getting back on the wagon! Sounds like you've got a good plan for the next couple weeks. I love puppies!! You should post a pic :)

I personally like Jillian michaels 30 day shred. I've been doing it for a few months. It has three levels so you can mix and match. I do level 1 and 2 in a day, then level 3 the next day. I used to row crew in high school and build decent muscles pretty quick, but I don't look like He-man now.

I'm hoping we both drop to the 150s soon!

LorraineBaines
10-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi Ladies, I'm new here. :) I haven't seen the 150's in at least 3 years, and then only briefly. I'm ready to get there again.

I weighed in at 166.6 yesterday, but 168.2 this morning. :( However, I did my most intense strength training workout in awhile yesterday, so I'm thinking my muscles are retaining water. I've been really thirsty last night and this morning. TOM is coming next week too. Just going to keep plugging along! I'm calorie counting, eating about 1400 a day, and working out 3 times a week.

Turtle11
10-13-2013, 11:06 AM
So I saw 159.4 this morning!!! whoop whoop :)

Tiffkuhn
10-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Hello all... been traveling and working so much so have not checked in. It looks like everyone is doing great- congrats and keep at it! I hit a whoosh last week and was 162.6 this morning. I was worrying that I might not make my mini-goals, but I think I can hit 160 by November 6.

Iron Law
10-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks, Turtle! I have been away on leave and finally able to get back on here. I am at 157 after a week of Pilates and running on the beach in FLA. Feeling good!!

angiemama
11-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Down to 167 and still motivated to see 164 before the month ends. I want to be in the 150s by Christmas time as I'm sick of seeing family Christmas photos and hating how I look in them. This year, I want to feel great in every photo

Kymish
11-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Down to 167 and still motivated to see 164 before the month ends. I want to be in the 150s by Christmas time as I'm sick of seeing family Christmas photos and hating how I look in them. This year, I want to feel great in every photo

Seems we're almost exact ! Lol I been stuck in 165-169 for a month! But I'm trying to kick start again and get into the 150s by Xmas!!!!

angiemama
11-06-2013, 02:00 PM
So true Kymish- same story here! My goal would be to see the 150s by Christmas to. I am positive it would be the high 150s, but it would still be amazing to see them!
167.4 today and 167.0 yesterday, VERY hopeful I'll see 166 tomorrow

Katiepony01
11-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Hello 169.9!

That counts, right? :D I started IF and have done so well on it. It totally suits my lifestyle and temperament and I am just thrilled!

I can't believe that I broke my plateau! Please, please, please hold!

living the lifestyle
11-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi All,

After a summer of slacking and staying in the 70's, I finally got serious last month and got into the 60's. Currently 167.6. My goal is to get into the 50's before the end of the year. With all the holidays coming up (and vacation next week), I think it is doable, but will require some work.

So here's to leaving the 60's behind!!!

Veloria
11-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I've dipped into the 150s several times over the past few years, but I can't seem to get off this 160s plateau I've been on. I'm down to 161.6 as of this morning and I'm determined this time to get into the 150s and move closer towards my final goal once and for all. Enough is enough!

Kymish
11-13-2013, 09:54 AM
well seems i busted thru my plateau.. ABOUT EFFIN TIME! i have finally figured out that i hit the plateau EVERY 10 lbs I've list since losing my first 50 lbs. (218,208,198,188,178,168) but after i bust thru it, the weight literally melts off till i get to the 10 lb lost mark again *sigh*. 161.8 today! which means another plateau around the corner. really hoping i can bypass this one. cross ur fingers for me.

vix
11-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone! I'm just starting out at around 170 and wanted to find a group around the same weight as me. I'm officially starting tomorrow on the supplement phen caps so I'll record my official weight tomorrow before breakfast and post tomorrow by I just wanted to say hi first.

I am so in awe of how much weight some of you have already lost, it's incredible. I've been on the other side, slowly putting on more weight over the last few years and finally decided to do something about it.

What kind of plans and diets are you all following? And how about exercise? I'm looking to join a gym in the next couple weeks. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm kinda new to this and don't have friends in the same position to ask. Thank you!

vix
11-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi again! I weighed myself today and I was at 170.6, so I hope it's ok for me to jump ahead to this thread! I feel motivated at the moment and I feel I have the personal tools to succeed (hopefully!) but I am not sure how to make the most of them, if you get what I mean? Really, I'm not sure what to eat, that's the difficult thing, I have been used to eating what I want and I have to switch to what I need.

Hope you all have a great weekend, the worst time to start right?! But it's my first challenge! Hope to catch up with some of you soon!

Becky Quilts
12-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Hi ladies! Dropping though! 168 waved at me from my scale this morning... need to get back on track and focus through the holidays and start the year off right.

How did Thanksgiving go for everyone? I traveled, didn't track but tried to curb the treats, and didn't gain, phew!

vix
12-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi Becky! Great to see someone on this thread!! You've come so far already, don't beat yourself up about a holiday bump in the road - it's great you didn't gain too, I'm pretty sure I've always gained a couple pounds on turkey day!

Thanksgiving was great thanks, lots of family food and fun but I made sure to go to the gym beforehand to do some calorie-offsetting and burn the calories before I ate them up again!! I still lost though, I had a black friday weigh-in surprise and lost 1.5 pounds last week!

Becky Quilts
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
1.5, nice work!

vix
12-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks Becky! How is everyone doing?

I'm down to 165 now so I have 30 pounds to go!! Everything seems to be clicking this time, so happy I made the decision to finally do this and get myself on the right path

samm14
12-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm new here - can I join your group?? I am also in my 160's but hoping to hit even the high 150's by the beginning of 2014!! I am doing the South Beach Diet and it seems to be working....I am feeling motivated and confident!! Like you Vix - everything seems to be clicking this time!!!

Samm :D

vix
12-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi Samm!! Great to hear everything's working for you!!! Welcome to the thread! It's not very active unfortunately but we can change all that!

What kinda stuff can you eat on the south beach diet?

You've done great already, congrats!!

I do my weigh ins on Friday, I've been going 4 weeks now and I just hit 162.8 today so I lost 2.2 pounds this week. Super happy!

Have a great weekend!!

samm14
12-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Wow - that's awesome!! Congrats on the loss!!! You will be out of the 160's in no time!!! :bravo:

I have done SB once in the past and was successful at it....so I figured I may as well go back to what works! This is week three for me (I officially weigh in on Tuesdays) and I am feeling great!! Today I was at 165.6lbs....so the scale is moving!! :D

I hope this thread gets more active - the more support the better!!

Samm :D

vix
12-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Hey! You're doing great! I had a sneaky weigh-in today, I just came back from the gym and was curious to see what I weighed and the scale surprised me with a 161!! I've really upped my water the last week and it's helped so much I think, I can go for a lot longer without even thinking of food.

What are your plans for Christmas?

samm14
12-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Wow Vix - that's great!! Congrats!! :carrot: And I just realized that our start, current and goal weights are very very similar!! :)

Today was official weigh in day for me and I am at 162.0lbs!! I can't believe it!! I may just make it into the 150's by Christmas!! :D

As for Christmas - my plan is a day off....but a smart day none the less....choosing my indulgences carefully and getting out for a walk or two during the day.....what about you??

I hope you are having a great week so far!!!

Samm :)

vix
12-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey sam!! Sorry I went AWOL - work and socializing took over and I barely had time to weigh myself let alone come on here!!

Our starts, currents and goals are very similar! Have you been sent the link for the other 160 thread, it seems more active than this one.

I had a great Christmas thanks, did you?

I actually dipped my toe in the 150s on Christmas Eve but then today I weighed in at 160.5 so I'm going to start this week afresh and into the new year on a positive note!

Happy New Year!!

angiemama
03-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Is anyone else out there still working to get out of these 160s?? I'm so so done with them!