100 lb. Club - Weird tip!

View Full Version : Weird tip!

Trazey34
01-21-2013, 05:59 PM
someone told me this years ago and I always do it! Only works for parts of the country that get collllllllddddd

I'm the first one home after work, and I leave the thermostat set veryyyy low and it doesn't start heating up til I've been home awhile.

why??

Well, it's FREEEEZING when I get home, which makes it NOT TEMPTING to sit in front of the tv or computer and zone out. But I DO put on warm workout stuff and clean like a maniac, run up and down stairs to do laundry, anything to stay toasty LOL

it's weird but it's a fun habit! and it's a solid hour guaranteed vigorous movement which is a good thing lol

Canadians are weird, eh!!

linJber
01-21-2013, 08:02 PM
That's actually a good hint. We burn a few more calories just keeping warm. On days like today, however, my workout consisted of 2 hours of moving 14" of snow from the driveway, sidewalk, steps, and porch. LOL

Lin

coolacrity
01-21-2013, 08:50 PM
I shall keep this tip in mind! Sounds nifty.

llmw1951
01-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a Great plan!

SarahFairhope
01-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Brilliant!

California Kathy
01-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Hey, Trazey! What a great tip! I've never thought of that before. I live in a warm climate, but it gets down to just above freezing in the winter. I now think I'll let it stay unheated in the evenings for a while. And cleaning house to get a workout puts a whole new slant on things. Makes it more fun. Thanks so much. And, Wow!!! You've lost sooo much weight , and you look great! My hat's off to you! That's very encouraging. I"ve just been on a week and so far has exceeded my expectations.

Kathy

Remington90
01-21-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm with you on that! I'm in Canada and right now its about 14 below 0. I happen to enjoy the cold, but it definitely makes your body work harder.

Great tip and nice to see another fellow Canadian :)

VermontMom
01-22-2013, 08:12 AM
that's great!

I motivate myself to work out in the mornings, because I'M SO COLD lol, I put in a dvd and I know if I break a sweat, I am working hard because my living room is about 58 degrees :D

right now we are at 0 F, that's still temperature, not wind chill. I do not like winter :p

Pink Hurricane
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Ooohhh yes that's a great tip! I didn't even think about when it's cold how I am trying to stay warm, that's when I could be going to town cleaning the house and doing dishes and such. I will definitely have to do that!