Ideal Protein Diet - Any IPers with Rheumatoid Athritis?

Kat117
01-21-2013, 11:40 AM
I have rheumatoid athritis, hypothyroidism and fibromyalgia.

I notice that when my RA is flaring up that I either don't lose or gain a few pounds. I know it is water weight die to inflamation because up until Friday I have been 100% OP.

Just wondering if anyone else has RA and is on IP and how do they offset the aches, pains and carb cravings when so tired.

eldavey
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM
I have rheumatoid athritis, hypothyroidism and fibromyalgia.

I notice that when my RA is flaring up that I either don't lose or gain a few pounds. I know it is water weight die to inflamation because up until Friday I have been 100% OP.

Just wondering if anyone else has RA and is on IP and how do they offset the aches, pains and carb cravings when so tired.

I have hypothyroid and although diagnosed with both FM and RA at one time.
I actually have EDS but it has similar symptoms and issues. I have had almost as many weeks with no loss then loss but still averaged 3lbs a week. The awesome thing about this system is I have lost more inches during the weeks that I didn't loss weight and actually gained muscle. I am in the same clothing that I was in when I was ten pounds lighter but they fit better and I have definition to my muscles in my arms and legs without a gym at 39 years old.

elleb
01-29-2013, 10:22 PM
I have RA and FM and I also wondered about it. I still have inflammation and wondered if my medications could also be slowing things down. I lost 4.5. the first week but it has been bouncing a little, but I know its water. Its only been a couple of weeks so I hope that I lose more inches.

foreveryoung
01-30-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't have RA - I mean I wasn't diagnosed yet, but my body is inflamed - when the level is very high I don't lose any weight, I have something going on but they can't determine right now yet, I am going thru a lot of tests and hopefully they can get with what I have.

M35A2
01-30-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't have RA but MS so inflammation is an issue also. One of my biggest problems is pain. I take Lyrica, which is for diabetic neuropathy, and that keeps the pain down to a constant 2 out of 10. I've only been on IP for a week so can't speak of any changes or differences in/out of exacerbation.

FutureFitChick
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
I have fibro. When first starting IP I flared quite a bit. I used lots of heat therapy and took it easy for the first 5 days. Carb cravings seem to be par for the course, so I just tried to keep myself distracted until I could get through it. Good luck!

Overweight and obesity can cause inflammation in their own right, so I am hoping this will improve as I disappear! ;)