kitcamper
01-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Okay, I guess according to Lisa we have to start a new MAN thread...hehehe
Vol. #3 is up to 500 plus post....
:dance:

Hope this works.....???????????:dizzy:

jwdesselle
01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I believe it worked correctly. Here's to the great work everyone is doing, and us being in Volume 4~!!

kitcamper
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
JW, how you doing? Good to see ya! How is your partner doing on IP?

kitcamper
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Okay, I made a mistake the lost at three weeks was 26 pounds, not 28. I forgot my scale at home weight was different, than the official weight. The day I started it weighted 2 pounds more, this time they weighted the same. That that was making sure both were re calibrated before weight in. But, that is great they both same the same now........have to learn how to do the calculator....hehehe

wuv2bloved
01-21-2013, 05:02 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!...y'all did great!!

Big Daddy
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
How is everyone doing. just a sloght chance to drop in and say hi. life is crazy right now. hope all is well. get at you when i can.

GoBears60
01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
So my expiration on WW ends in a few days, I did not renew. I first started that program in May of 2010. I was off and on that program so many times it would make your head spin. But I looked at some interesting numbers. The most I ever lost was 10 pounds (Beat that on IP in week 2). The lowest I ever weighed on that program was 280.4. I am pretty confident I will beat that number when I weigh in tomorrow. What a great program!

I like the 49’ers in the ‘brother bowel’.

Don

usmcvet
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Kit you done good dude!

GoBears IP has changed my life. Stick with it and you will do very well.

Just wanted to check in and say hello. Pretty cool we are on our 4th Man Cave Thread! Have a good day everyone.

I went to my first Protest/Rally on Saturday, it was COLD 20F. It worked out well, the legislation proposed has been withdrawn. Jack went with me, he kept saying we were going on strike, it was pretty cute. He was also disappointed I had not made any signs.

We were half an hour early.
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/2013-01-19_11-47-34_480.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/2013-01-19_12-06-01_265.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/2013-01-19_12-36-35_359.jpg

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/2013-01-19_12-41-05_545.jpg

kitcamper
01-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Way to go USMC!!!! Renewing my NRA membership this week, don't always agree with them, but someone has to stand up for the 2nd amendment.
I have not been to a protest of any kind for years, but it is very empowering.

I have tried many diets, none have made me think about what I am eating and my habits that got me here, as much as this. Atkins was the most successful. I lost 50 pounds on that. But did not change any habits, so it all came back.
Totally pleased with the IP program, and really know I can make goal, this time. It does not feel impossible at all.

Billie

HornsFan
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Just checking in and saying hello! I have my 3rd WI in the morning. I have really been enjoying my journey on IP so far. It is amazing how much better I feel everyday...i.e. sustained energy levels, focus, attitude and so on. Kind of weird to try and explain, but I just don't feel all "blagh" internally anymore. I think not having any diet sodas for a month now has really helped. I was pretty addicted to them and didn't really realize how many I had daily until I stopped. I have noticed that I just simply don't crave anything anymore...except my nightly strawberry wafer! Don't get me wrong...we took the kiddos to the jr. livestock show this weekend and they had a carnival and the smell of funnel cakes, cotton candy and fresh dipped corn dogs smelled delicious enough to make me hungry a little earlier than normal...but I maintained my straight course and all is well!

Kit...way to go on getting the 4th Volume up!

Bears...thx for being the guinea pig on the exercise! I definitely don't wanna white knuckle it!

Wuv...great video and thanks for the share!

and to everyone else....Good Day!

M35A2
01-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Glad I found this site and stayed searching long enough to find the Men's Room.

I'm going in for an initial consultation on Thursday and look forward to getting started. I lost 50lbs back in '98 by going on Atkins and held pretty steady for the next 5 years and then was diagnosed with MS in 2003. After the fun of steroids and an experimental MS drug I gained 40lbs of that back over several years and haven't been able to get rid of it since.

After reading all the success stories here I'm pretty confident I've found the right place. I guess we'll find out after the 1st week. I do have an advantage in that my wife is joining me so hopefully we'll be able to keep each other honest.

jwdesselle
01-23-2013, 07:21 AM

Ok, we may have potty mouths at times, but to call this area the Men's Room? Sounds a bit smelly to me. HA HA
Welcome!!

I'm doing good everyone. Actually have been working a little over time (which I never get to do) Phil, my partner, is doing ok on IP. He has been stuck around the same weight for about 3 weeks now and I think he is about to hang in his hat. He is about 4 lbs away from his goal and he is going to talk with his Coach this afternoon and see about moving to Phase 2. I hope she talks him into giving it one more week.

Anyway, I woke up in a super good mood, turned on some music and have been getting ready for work with a smile on my face. (If you knew me you would know how out of character this really is. I so am not a morning person) :carrot:

Stay strong everyone! Have a great day.
John

Dolemite
01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
For those of you big on breakfast guys! What did you find best for you for breakfast in the morning?

Myself I was a big cereal guy M-F and on the weekend eggs. I tried that IP cereal, wasn't terrible but also wasn't fullfilling. The Maple Oatmeal would be perfect if it weren't restricted, need to save that for the post dinner snack aka desert.

I am stuck on either the pudding or one of the premade drinks. I am so used to eating something so I am leaning toward pudding M-F. I am going to use the omlet mix on the weekend when at home to switch it up. Just looking for some input on any big breakfast eaters out there.

Big Daddy
01-23-2013, 10:59 AM
For those of you big on breakfast guys! What did you find best for you for breakfast in the morning?

Myself I was a big cereal guy M-F and on the weekend eggs. I tried that IP cereal, wasn't terrible but also wasn't fullfilling. The Maple Oatmeal would be perfect if it weren't restricted, need to save that for the post dinner snack aka desert.

I am stuck on either the pudding or one of the premade drinks. I am so used to eating something so I am leaning toward pudding M-F. I am going to use the omlet mix on the weekend when at home to switch it up. Just looking for some input on any big breakfast eaters out there.

i use the oatmeal from Proti-Deit its not a restricted. and its only 12 bucks a box. and is damn good.

HornsFan
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM

I'm going in for an initial consultation on Thursday and look forward to getting started. I lost 50lbs back in '98 by going on Atkins and held pretty steady for the next 5 years and then was diagnosed with MS in 2003. After the fun of steroids and an experimental MS drug I gained 40lbs of that back over several years and haven't been able to get rid of it since.

After reading all the success stories here I'm pretty confident I've found the right place. I guess we'll find out after the 1st week. I do have an advantage in that my wife is joining me so hopefully we'll be able to keep each other honest.

A fellow Texan!!! Sounds like this site motivated you in the same manner it motivated me to seek out a consultation. Stick to the plan and you will be successful! There is a ton of great info here to really help educate you.

I had my 3rd WI this morning and down another 5 lbs...exactly what my coach told me three weeks ago. He told me that I should expect between 8-10 lbs in week 1 and 5lbs per week thereafter...as long as I stay strict with the plan. I haven't deviated and the results seem to be just as calculated as my coach's confidence! Since I have started, I have lost 20 lbs of fat and 2 lbs of lean mass...not sure about the inches cuz I don't measure...I just use my clothes for that verification...no more stretching out my Golf shirts or T-shirts!

ChicagoPhil
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
I am now in week 2. My Clinic Scale put me at 261.1 to start and my first WI was 258.4.
My home scale, which i've been tracking daily has me at 248.8 from 260.1 - Now that is alot closer to what i feel. My pants are super saggy and i'm losing weight in my face - i can see it!

The Scientist in me, uses morning - post bathroom visit, naked weight. Daily.
The WI at the clinic isn't as ..... regulated.

so - im not going to go crazzy but I am killing it OP and i'm going to crush.

M35A2
01-23-2013, 02:36 PM
A fellow Texan!!! Sounds like this site motivated you in the same manner it motivated me to seek out a consultation. Stick to the plan and you will be successful! There is a ton of great info here to really help educate you.

I did great on Atkins back in the 90's so figured this would be a good fit as well. My wife thinks Atkins is too strict with vegetables so was happy that she's the one that suggested this (a co-worker is doing it). I'm ready to go right now but my birthday is Friday so she won't let me start until we have 1 last celebratory dinner. We're actually doing that tomorrow night so I can start on the new me on my birthday.

HornsFan
01-23-2013, 04:32 PM
I did great on Atkins back in the 90's so figured this would be a good fit as well. My wife thinks Atkins is too strict with vegetables so was happy that she's the one that suggested this (a co-worker is doing it). I'm ready to go right now but my birthday is Friday so she won't let me start until we have 1 last celebratory dinner. We're actually doing that tomorrow night so I can start on the new me on my birthday.

I myself was pretty successful at losing on Atkins...not keeping it off though! I did Atkins back in college when his first book came out and it was literally a meat/eggs/cheese diet. I lost about 60 lbs at the time and dropped to 195...which is what I weighed as a junior in HS. You will be amazed how much better you feel internally doing IP as opposed to Atkins. You will really need to give it about 3/4 weeks to feel the real effects of the internal change, but you will feel so much better on a day-to-day basis

GoBears60
01-23-2013, 05:34 PM

I do have an advantage in that my wife is joining me so hopefully we'll be able to keep each other honest.

having my wife doing this with me is fantastic. When I am week she is strong, and vica versa!

Good luck.

M35A2
01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I did Atkins back in college when his first book came out and it was literally a meat/eggs/cheese diet. I lost about 60 lbs at the time and dropped to 195...which is what I weighed as a junior in HS.

I weighed 200 in 6th grade (at about 5'4"), 200 when I graduated HS, 200 when I went to basic training (175 when I finished basic), and back to 200 6 weeks after basic. The heaviest I ever reached was 235 while living in Seattle (too dreary to really do anything outside for much of the year). I was able to drop to 185 on Atkins and felt pretty good. I dropped another 5lbs after my diagnosis because I think I was in shock and just stopped eating. Once I came to grip with things and started on steriods I ballooned back up but was able to keep things around 210 until I began the experimental drug and then I've had to really fight to stay under 220.

I'm excited to get started. I've never really had any support network on any of the other diets I've been on so pretty glad this is available.

leadedge
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Hey guys, I just joined your little club here. I just started IP on Monday (three days ago) and things have been going very well! I tipped the scales at my first WI at 285 and I'd like to get to 220 or so.

My story is likely pretty similar to a lot of guys here. I played a lot of sports in high school and generally stayed around 192lbs (I'm 6' 2"). My mom always cooked healthy stuff for us so when I went to University out of town I soon found unlimited cafeteria food to my liking. That, coupled with a pretty much complete athletic shutdown, left me at 240lbs after my first year. I've been pretty much in the higher 2s since with my high-point hitting 291.

Thanks mainly to good genetics I am still pretty healthy but I just feel crappy about the extra weight. I'm 45 now and am working hard to set up a retirement to enjoy and part of that will be getting my body there!

So far IP has been great and I already am feeling better. I haven't really had any major cravings and I find the protein meals pretty satisfying.

I'll keep updating
Tony

GoBears60
01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, I just joined your little club here. I just started IP on Monday (three days ago) and things have been going very well! I tipped the scales at my first WI at 285 and I'd like to get to 220 or so.

So far IP has been great and I already am feeling better. I haven't really had any major cravings and I find the protein meals pretty satisfying.

I'll keep updating
Tony

Hi Tony
My first week wasn’t so smooth. I was lethargic, slept a ton, day 1 and 3 were the worst. Perhaps I am much older then you with a lot more toxins released. Anyway that was 17 days ago, I am feeling fine now. According to IP coach I dropped 4.7 pounds. She also noticed I dropped lean muscle mass. I don’t know how that scale she has knows that, but I have backed off on exercise.

One exercise though I would like to commit on. It is where you put weights on your shoulder and do squats. As soon as I placed 20 pounds on me, my body said to my brain, hey this feels familiar! Well bye-bye 18 pounds…don’t let the door hit you in the a$$ when you leave, and you’re not welcome back!

kitcamper
01-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Yummm, tonight I had a IP Taco Salad....chopped veggies, celery, green onion, mushroom, cucumbers, with ground beef and WF thousand island dressing with 2 tablespoons of green salsa. It was really good. I have been cooking all my veggies for the last 2 weeks, so this was a nice change.
I am going to have to start doing some different recipes, this is going to be along term project, so I had better start mixing it up.
Hanging at around minus 30 pounds. I was thinking it was not that much till I thought about the large bags of dog food I buy. That put it in perspective.
WOW.....:dance:

jwdesselle
01-25-2013, 08:13 AM
I'll keep updating
Tony

Hi there. Welcome!!!! Keep us updated on all of your successes. :carrot:

M35A2
01-25-2013, 08:24 AM
1st meal this morning. I had the crispy cereal. Not bad but I'm really going to have to learn to mix it better (a bit gritty).

I spent 1/2 hour last night chopping veggies so the wife can just grab some and go in the morning. She's got a pretty stressful job and I'm a little worried whether she'll be able to stick to this. Luckily she's got someone at work who is on it as well so maybe they can help each other out.

Dolemite
01-25-2013, 08:45 AM
1st meal this morning. I had the crispy cereal. Not bad but I'm really going to have to learn to mix it better (a bit gritty).

I spent 1/2 hour last night chopping veggies so the wife can just grab some and go in the morning. She's got a pretty stressful job and I'm a little worried whether she'll be able to stick to this. Luckily she's got someone at work who is on it as well so maybe they can help each other out.

Thats the key, I have several people at work helping each other out. It will be good for her. I just finished my first week, lost 14lbs. Lots of that is water wieight but its still pretty amazing. I feel so much better already, full of energy I haven't had in years.

My coach told me yesterday that she and her husband make up the puddings a few days in advanced and throw them in air tight containers for work. That plus the bars/pre made drinks may help her get through the day.

kitcamper
01-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Chopping Veggies,
I think I have spent more time in the kitchen over the last 4 weeks, then the whole time since I bought the house 12 years ago. And dishes oh my....they just keep coming.
But, I think this is one of the real benefits of the plan. Instead of running out and getting a burger and fries, I am taking a little time and whipping something up at home....hence changing some of my old habits. This is really a big one for me being single, I would just go grab something, so I did not have to cook or clean up.
Tomorrow is WI, I know it will not be as shocking as the last couple weeks, but I am down a pant size :cp: and feeling great.

GoBears60
01-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Today the first significant snow hit Chicago. Not that much snow, just enough, at the wrong time this morning to make the commute horrible. It is amazing before I started the engine to venture out how I thought what I need to do different. Usually I have a cup of coffee and 16oz of water. Today I altered that plan and said don’t drink a thing until you get close to work. Cuz when I gotta pee, I gotta pee! The plan came together and traffic crawled, spending just under 2 hours in the car. It could have been pretty bad if I had to hold it!

The point is staying on IP is always for front in my mind. I know I am to drink a lot of water but at times that is just not going to work. The wife and I are already discussing how to stay on plan at three social events up-coming in February, and I have already canceled one event where I know it will be impossible to stay on plan. That event I would be more miserable being there then not. Tran Tien Chanh on page 117 recommends “Put your social life on hold, keeping the following in mind:
You’re not on a diet that does not allows slips
You’re undergoing a therapeutic process.
You’re being treated for a pancreatic dysfunction that results in overweight.
Of course, you’re not sick because none of your other activities has changed and on the diet you even feel great, but keep in mind that while you’re on the diet, you’re under treatment.

Well back to work, water and IP food.

kitcamper
01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Today the first significant snow hit Chicago. Not that much snow, just enough, at the wrong time this morning to make the commute horrible. It is amazing before I started the engine to venture out how I thought what I need to do different. Usually I have a cup of coffee and 16oz of water. Today I altered that plan and said don’t drink a thing until you get close to work. Cuz when I gotta pee, I gotta pee! The plan came together and traffic crawled, spending just under 2 hours in the car. It could have been pretty bad if I had to hold it!

The point is staying on IP is always for front in my mind. I know I am to drink a lot of water but at times that is just not going to work. The wife and I are already discussing how to stay on plan at three social events up-coming in February, and I have already canceled one event where I know it will be impossible to stay on plan. That event I would be more miserable being there then not. Tran Tien Chanh on page 117 recommends “Put your social life on hold, keeping the following in mind:
You’re not on a diet that does not allows slips
You’re undergoing a therapeutic process.
You’re being treated for a pancreatic dysfunction that results in overweight.
Of course, you’re not sick because none of your other activities has changed and on the diet you even feel great, but keep in mind that while you’re on the diet, you’re under treatment.

Well back to work, water and IP food.

Very good point, PRE PLANNING involves a lot more than just meal prep. Those Pee stops have to be figured into any road trip plan.
Going to Costo after work involves shopping, parking the cart in the store and hitting bathroom and then the check out.
I am in a vanpool, so I have to quit drinking water about a hour before work ends, so I can make the hour long trip home.

jeffc
01-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Hey guys - I'm new here. Day 2 for me (and my wife). So far I am happy with the IP foods I have tried. Mushroom soup - Chicken ala king were both good. Peanut Bar good as well. I use the vanilla shake in my coffee - not a big breakfast guy so no worries. I am 6' 40 years old. I have always been heavy but I have always carried it well. However, in Sept 2011, I found myself at 394. Sore heels - achy knees - anxiety. Twin 18 month old boys and a daughter coming in 1 month. Decided to make a change. Got to 274 around mid 2012 on my "own" diet and exercise "program". Then, over 6 months put 38 back on. So, now I am trying IP - first formal diet plan I have ever tried. I am shocked at how close this is to what I was doing. I just didn't realize how much those hidden carbs were sabotaging me before - beans - potatoes - condiments - fruits - All healthy foods, but not ideal when you have a lot to lose. Anyway - long story short, I am looking forward to the challenge ahead. First goal is to lose the 38lbs and get back to 274. Ultimately, if I could see 220's, that would be something I thought never possible - at least since 6th grade. ha ha

kitcamper
01-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Welcome! Jeffc
As you may have noticed there are a lot of us newbies here. So, you are not alone and there is a lot of info and encouragement here.
This can be done, and yes, I am repeating this to myself as well as you.

HornsFan
01-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Must be Friday! Lot's of chatter and good moods in the forum today! I am really excited to see so many newbies in the forum and I'd like to say hello to all the ones I've yet to chat with. I am in Week 4 and have my next WI on Wednesday. I have to say that as each day passes by I have become stronger and stronger on my IP plan...and it has been so freaking easy to do. My buddies are no longer trying to "break" me and have started turning to a more supportive attitude...so that pressure has really much subsided. I think they have witnessed first hand my determination to make this lifestyle change work, plus they are starting to see the results! I even have a vacation scheduled for March 7th that I don't even really want to go on, but I am obligated due to business (not to mention the very excited wife). There will be absolutely no way for me to stay on IP that week due to all of the various activities and obligations during this conference...so I am pretty bummed about losing that week of being on IP...but I won't be going crazy and maybe it help me get another "whoosh"! Think positive right?!?!

M35A2
01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Almost 2/3rds through the 1st day and I'm feeling fine. Wife has said she's been hungry all day (already had her "extra" packet for the day too). I'm thinking she's not drinking enough water (which she's never been big on) and probably didn't take a full 2 cups of veggies to go with her shake at lunch. Next week I'll make sure she splits her meat portion up so she can have 1/2 of it with lunch.

I had thought we had gotten around my birthday dinner by having it last night but found out we have a "social" obligation with friends tonight. Don't really care what they think but I'm just having a piece of meat, steamed veggies, and possibly a salad. The gentleman part of the friends could benefit from IP but he'll never give up alcohol so is SOL.

Didn't really care for the tomato basil soup at lunch but I drank the whole thing anyway. 1st week is going to be an adventure in choosing what to use going forward. Our coach made sure to split a bunch of things up between me and the wife so we swap around and have a bigger variety to try. She doesn't like strawberry/banana stuff so I'll get all of that and I'll let her have all of the chocolate.

kitcamper
01-25-2013, 04:59 PM
M35a
Soup, I find boring, I am a stew kinda guy.
So, I have been stir frying veggies in EVOO, with garlic. Measure out my 2 cups, and then at lunch, I mix the soup and add it to the veggies, heat and serve. It makes for a thick veggie soup for lunch.
You could, if it works for you split your meat protein in half, to put in your soup. This would be much more filling for your wife.
The rules seem to be WHAT to have not When you have to have it.

afbrown2
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
So I'm coming up on the end of week 3 and feeling pretty good. Down 11.8 at the end of week 2. Went to a football party last week but brought my own dinner.. the smells were rough but once I ate, I was good. Gotta plan what I am eating for the Super Bowl party... GO RAVENS!!

leadedge
01-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey Dudes!

Pretty good first week so far! I've dropped about 6lbs on my scale so far in the first 4 days. I think I must have added about a gallon of pee to our local sewer!

Saturday is gonna be tough as it is my friends 40th but I don't want or need to drink so I think I'll just suckle at my water bottle and stay away from all the food. Also the next day is my store's inventory which is generally a donut and pizza feeding frenzy. I think I can tackle it and keep my eyes focused on the prize!

leadedge
01-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Hey Guys:

What are your favourite IP foods?

Mine so far:

Mushroom soup
Omelette
Wildberry Yogurt Drink
Pina Colada
Butterscotch Pudding

kitcamper
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
My Favorites are the Mango Drink, and the Southwest Soy domathitchies.

M35A2
01-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey Guys:

Mine so far:

Mushroom soup
Omelette
Wildberry Yogurt Drink
Pina Colada
Butterscotch Pudding

I read on a different thread that they're discontinuing the Pina Colada so better stock up now if you like it.

After 1 big day on IP my favorite so far is the Caramel Nut Bar. Maybe tomorrow I'll find another favorite.

HornsFan
01-26-2013, 12:31 PM
So I'm coming up on the end of week 3 and feeling pretty good. Down 11.8 at the end of week 2. Went to a football party last week but brought my own dinner.. the smells were rough but once I ate, I was good. Gotta plan what I am eating for the Super Bowl party... GO RAVENS!!

AF...good job man! I am in my 4th week and feel phenomenal! I am rooting for your Ravens (mainly due to my hatred towards the 49ers...although I like Harbough (Both) and watching Kapernick is pretty electric)

Hey Guys:

Mine so far:

Mushroom soup
Omelette
Wildberry Yogurt Drink
Pina Colada
Butterscotch Pudding

LEAD...good job on the first week! Mine are:

Crispy Ceral
Herbs and Cheese Omelette
Broccoli Cheese soup (only when I put steamed broccoli in with it)...For the most part, I can't stand any of the soups...I have my wife on alternative products to help reduce cost...the Proti-Diet Soups blow the IP soups out of the water!)
Chicken Patty (not really sure why because it's not the most flavorful...but I kind of put a little oil in the skillet and make it extra crispy and I surprisingly like it)
Southwest Cheese Puffs
Barb-b-que Ridges (I just tried them last night and really like them...quite filling snack...I am anxious to try the White Cheddar ones now, but have to wait till next WI to get some)

and drumroll please.....The freakin Strawberry Wafers are the bomb!!! Hands down the best food that IP has IMO!!!

M35...try putting an ice cube in when you mix the cereal...it helps to keep it cold...add a spoonful of Splenda and put a little Cinnamon in there! Go easy on the Cinnamon though or it will overpower the cereal. I don't think there is any way to really get rid of the grit, probably due to the 15 g of protein in the cereal. I practically eat the cereal every morning except on weekends when I will usually eat the Herbs and Cheese Omelette.

kitcamper
01-26-2013, 01:49 PM
WI today :dance:

Down 3 pounds total: 30
Body fat down: 6 percent
Inches down: 21
Yes, this is working. feeling good, need to make a few adjustments, on what and where on food intake. And down a pant size.

HornsFan
01-26-2013, 03:28 PM
WI today :dance:

Down 3 pounds total: 30
Body fat down: 6 percent
Inches down: 21
Yes, this is working. feeling good, need to make a few adjustments, on what and where on food intake. And down a pant size.

Good job Billie! Keep it up man :carrot:

cschindel
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Down 5 today, almost back to my pre holiday weight.

leadedge
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Awesome job Kit!!!

Still feeling great. I bailed on my friends party. Too much work at inventory tomorrow plus I don't need the temptations right now!

Thanks for all the tips on the food! I'm definitely finding the mango drink. The herb omelette is the bomb! I love it. Had a strawberry pudding today and it was great! Can't wait for first WI on Monday at 9:15!! My own scale is happy but it is he coaches scale that counts.

leadedge
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM

Great job!!

leadedge
01-26-2013, 10:37 PM

Great job!!

I'm on the last hole on my belt. It is pretty ratty, I'll be glad to see it in the trash!

HornsFan
01-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Great job!!

I'm on the last hole on my belt. It is pretty ratty, I'll be glad to see it in the trash!

Good job Lead! Seems as if everyone had had a pretty good weekend thus far. I tried making some zucchini chips tonight, but they didn't turn out as crispy as I was hoping for. Gonna have to figure that one out. Bout to sit down to my strawberry wafers!

leadedge
01-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Good job Lead! Seems as if everyone had had a pretty good weekend thus far. I tried making some zucchini chips tonight, but they didn't turn out as crispy as I was hoping for. Gonna have to figure that one out. Bout to sit down to my strawberry wafers!

Ya, I want to try those wafers! So did you just bake the zucchini? That sounds pretty good. I can see already that the veggies are getting a bit tiring so any way to spice them up sounds good. I've hit the pickles pretty hard and lots of salad and celery. I've had some sauerkraut that I think is ok for IP.

Still looking for any good ideas on the veggie front

HornsFan
01-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Ya, I want to try those wafers! So did you just bake the zucchini? That sounds pretty good. I can see already that the veggies are getting a bit tiring so any way to spice them up sounds good. I've hit the pickles pretty hard and lots of salad and celery. I've had some sauerkraut that I think is ok for IP.

Ya man...I just baked em. Tossed in a little olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and baked for about 30 min (flipping bout halfway through). Place them flat and don't overlap. I roasted some cauliflower and squash the other night and that was pretty awesome. I like to grill asparagus. My wife has found a bunch of different recipes on Pinterest and on the recipes page there is a link to a FB page that has a bunch of cool recipes (they are all gourmet style recipes and require a little more time than I wanna put in if u get my drift). Quick and simple is how I like!

leadedge
01-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Ya man...I just baked em. Tossed in a little olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt and baked for about 30 min (flipping bout halfway through). Place them flat and don't overlap. I roasted some cauliflower and squash the other night and that was pretty awesome. I like to grill asparagus. My wife has found a bunch of different recipes on Pinterest and on the recipes page there is a link to a FB page that has a bunch of cool recipes (they are all gourmet style recipes and require a little more time than I wanna put in if u get my drift). Quick and simple is how I like!

Cool, thanks! I haven't tried the grilling yet. That'll be next weeks thing for sure!!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-27-2013, 08:26 AM

I'm a "lurker" and a woman LOL, but wanted to throw an idea at you:

Roast your veggies! They come out so delicious that I have to stop myself from eating more than 2 cups. Almost anything works (cabbage sliced into rounds, cauliflower, asparagus, turnips, rutubaga, okra, etc.)

Mist with olive oil spray, sprinkle on sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 25-30 minutes until soft and they start to crisp up/blacken slightly. Amazing!

kitcamper
01-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Well you talked me into it. I roasted some broc and cauliflower. I mixed up the EVOO and the spices and stirred in the veggies, then roasted at 475 for 10 min. turned them over and another 10 min. and they were done. Those were tasty, going to put them in some IP soup, for lunch.

usmcvet
01-27-2013, 05:32 PM

Pre planning like that is the key. You are starting out right!

Hey guys - I'm new here. Day 2 for me (and my wife). So far I am happy with the IP foods I have tried. Mushroom soup - Chicken ala king were both good. Peanut Bar good as well. I use the vanilla shake in my coffee - not a big breakfast guy so no worries. I am 6' 40 years old. I have always been heavy but I have always carried it well. However, in Sept 2011, I found myself at 394. Sore heels - achy knees - anxiety. Twin 18 month old boys and a daughter coming in 1 month. Decided to make a change. Got to 274 around mid 2012 on my "own" diet and exercise "program". Then, over 6 months put 38 back on. So, now I am trying IP - first formal diet plan I have ever tried. I am shocked at how close this is to what I was doing. I just didn't realize how much those hidden carbs were sabotaging me before - beans - potatoes - condiments - fruits - All healthy foods, but not ideal when you have a lot to lose. Anyway - long story short, I am looking forward to the challenge ahead. First goal is to lose the 38lbs and get back to 274. Ultimately, if I could see 220's, that would be something I thought never possible - at least since 6th grade. ha ha

I'm 41, same height and I am shooting for 220 too! Welcome Guys.

M35A2
01-27-2013, 06:37 PM

Wish I had the extra height and I'd already be done:) Problem is I had way too much weight starting about age 4 so I have a bit of a hump back (not like Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein but still there.) If not for that I'd probably be over 5'11" with no problem and possibly 6'. But at 5'10" 220 is at least 40lbs too much.

The wife and I are arguing over how much I should lose. I'd like to get below 175 but she wants me to stop at 195. Guess my first goal is the 195.

leadedge
01-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Made it through inventory today at my store. I knew it would be a big test as it a day filled with donuts, muffins, pop and pizza! I made it through with flying colors though. I took off at lunch for a water run just so I didn't have to smell those grease wheels.

Big 1st WI tomorrow, looking forward to that! Went shopping tonight and got some zucchini like u suggested HornsFan. Gonna have a big veggie grill tomorrow.

leadedge
01-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Pre planning like that is the key. You are starting out right!

We are like the 220 club around here! My coach is suggesting 215-210. Seems like a long way away! I go on a cruise March 9th so that is gonna be the hiccup along the way.

leadedge
01-27-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm a "lurker" and a woman LOL, but wanted to throw an idea at you:

Roast your veggies! They come out so delicious that I have to stop myself from eating more than 2 cups. Almost anything works (cabbage sliced into rounds, cauliflower, asparagus, turnips, rutubaga, okra, etc.)

Mist with olive oil spray, sprinkle on sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and roast at 350* for 25-30 minutes until soft and they start to crisp up/blacken slightly. Amazing!

Speaking for the guys we definitely don't mind the ladies lurking in our thread! Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tomorrow!

M35A2
01-27-2013, 10:13 PM

We tried this tonight with bok choy, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, and some mini sweet peppers. Turned out great! Tomorrow night will probably do it again with cauliflower and broccoli.

Dolemite
01-28-2013, 06:40 AM
We tried this tonight with bok choy, asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, and some mini sweet peppers. Turned out great! Tomorrow night will probably do it again with cauliflower and broccoli.

You can't go wrong roasting the veg like that. Wife and I are hooked on that method! Who knew vegetables could taste so good!

Anyone make the Chocolate/Spinach drink mix in the mornings for breakfast? Trying to figure out why mine comes out so frothy, fills up like 3 containers at first until it settles.

1 IP Chocolate or Cappucino mix
1 cup of baby spinach
8 oz of chilled coffee
4 oz of iced cold water
4 or 5 ice cubes

I throw all that in a Ninja blender and well its good, I like it, but it comes out so damn frothy!

HornsFan
01-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Made it through inventory today at my store. I knew it would be a big test as it a day filled with donuts, muffins, pop and pizza! I made it through with flying colors though. I took off at lunch for a water run just so I didn't have to smell those grease wheels.

Big 1st WI tomorrow, looking forward to that! Went shopping tonight and got some zucchini like u suggested HornsFan. Gonna have a big veggie grill tomorrow.

Good job Lead! Lemme know how u like them grilled veggies! I love them.

That sounds good M35...especially with the mini sweet peppers. I made some roasted cauliflower last night...that is definitely a new favorite. It seems to take the cauliflower a little longer to roast to the point of blackening. Try adding a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice mixed with EVOO and drizzle over everything! Yummy.

You can't go wrong roasting the veg like that. Wife and I are hooked on that method! Who knew vegetables could taste so good!

Anyone make the Chocolate/Spinach drink mix in the mornings for breakfast? Trying to figure out why mine comes out so frothy, fills up like 3 containers at first until it settles.

1 cup of baby spinach
8 oz of chilled coffee
4 oz of iced cold water
4 or 5 ice cubes

I throw all that in a Ninja blender and well its good, I like it, but it comes out so damn frothy!

Dole...I hear you on the frothiness. We don't have a ninja, but do have a vitamix (6 in one, half a dozen in the other). I think it has something to do with the power of those machines. Try mixing everything except the Cappucino mix and add that last on a more of a slow speed. See if the helps with the frothiness.

GoBears60
01-28-2013, 09:49 AM
We are like the 220 club around here! My coach is suggesting 215-210. Seems like a long way away! I go on a cruise March 9th so that is gonna be the hiccup along the way.

Wonder why so many of us picked that number?

I don't know who on this thread suggested pre-mixing the pudding and tossing it in the refridgerator. Wow is that good. Coach wants us to eat 1 restricted food a day. Sometimes I struggle with that. Not having 1, just having 1:^:

I managed to watch 1 play of the pro-bowl. I just can't get into that game even though I know that is only 1 of two games left.

GoBears60
01-28-2013, 09:56 AM

There are TWO big Shocks on this life-style for me.
I thought giving up booze would be much harder--don't even have the urge.

And your statement "Who knew vegetables could taste so good"

When I started this on January 2nd, I made a pledge to give it 1 month. And if I didn't cheat I would reward myself with big pig-out on Superbowl Sunday. Well here it is six days to that event, and the thought of a pig-out on Superbowl isn't even in my brain. The wife and I are planning to bring our own food. Tacos using lettuce leaves as the shell!

jwdesselle
01-28-2013, 10:22 AM
I've been in maintenance/P4 since the beginning of November, so my comments below come from that view point. I've been doing great keeping my weight between my goal of 140 and 145, gave myself a 5lb wiggle room. I had National Guard duty this weekend and totally blew my good work so far. I weighed in at 149 this morning. I have become way too relaxed, and the weird weekend we just had really didn't help. (I won't torture you all by listing all the stuff I knew I shouldn't have had this weekend. ;) ).

Anyway, contacted my coach and have made an order to go pick up some food this afternoon. The program really is too simple, even P4, for me to do this, I know better.

Super cold water is the key with that cereal. For your wife, I found that the strict structure of the program gave me something stable to latch on when things got too stressful at work. Maybe if she looks at it like that the stress level will be more manageable.

Hey guys - I'm new here. Day 2 for me (and my wife).

Anyway - long story short, I am looking forward to the challenge ahead. First goal is to lose the 38lbs and get back to 274. Ultimately, if I could see 220's, that would be something I thought never possible - at least since 6th grade. ha ha

Welcome, nothing with this program is impossible. Great attitude so far, making mini-goals. Doing this really helped me get to where I wanted to be.

Must be Friday! Lot's of chatter and good moods in the forum today! I am really excited to see so many newbies in the forum and I'd like to say hello to all the ones I've yet to chat with.

My buddies are no longer trying to "break" me and have started turning to a more supportive attitude...so that pressure has really much subsided. I think they have witnessed first hand my determination to make this lifestyle change work, plus they are starting to see the results!

Think positive right?!?!

LOL, I was having a good Friday until my military weekend started up...HA HA I agree, it is great seeing so many new guys!

It's cool your buddies are becoming supportive of you. You showed them what you are made of and they are starting to respect you more since you stood your ground. Way to go. :carrot:

Keep thinking positive! :D

Great job!!

NO WAY - don't throw that belt in the trash. Keep it, then in a month put it back on and enjoy how ridiculously big it looks on you. That is a great motivator. I still have my belt I had when I started (tight size 36) and it looks really funny when I wrap it around my new sized 29-30 inch waist. :dizzy: I posted a photo of me with it on somewhere in here if you wanna go look at all my posts for it.

Wish I had the extra height and I'd already be done:)

The wife and I are arguing over how much I should lose. I'd like to get below 175 but she wants me to stop at 195. Guess my first goal is the 195.

Dude, what are you talking about, extra height? I'm 5'4", I needed the extra height. :dizzy:

I had a really hard time figuring out what my goal weight should be. I pulled a number out of thin air (140) and actually went on to P2 when I hit 142 at the coaches office. I was starting to look too thin, almost like I was sick. So, listen to your body and mirror and shoot for your goal, but do what feels right when you are really close.

Made it through inventory today at my store. I knew it would be a big test as it a day filled with donuts, muffins, pop and pizza!

Pizza is my downfall, I love it so much. Great work on making it through your rough day.

1 cup of baby spinach
8 oz of chilled coffee
4 oz of iced cold water
4 or 5 ice cubes

Run just the water and spinach until the spinach is just about all pulverized, then a little bit longer. Put the IP Mix in very last and run it a little slow, nothing to chop up, just stirring it around a bit. I didn't use ice cubes in mine, so I'm not really sure of the effect they have. I do know that these shakes got me to take my 4 cups of veggies every day. I even put in some Walden Farms strawberry syrup in it sometimes to change up the flavor. ;)

Dole...I hear you on the frothiness. We don't have a ninja, but do have a vitamix (6 in one, half a dozen in the other). I think it has something to do with the power of those machines. Try mixing everything except the Cappucino mix and add that last on a more of a slow speed. See if the helps with the frothiness.

This is how I made mine.

usmcvet
01-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Wonder why so many of us picked that number?

I don't know who on this thread suggested pre-mixing the pudding and tossing it in the refridgerator. Wow is that good. Coach wants us to eat 1 restricted food a day. Sometimes I struggle with that. Not having 1, just having 1:^:

I managed to watch 1 play of the pro-bowl. I just can't get into that game even though I know that is only 1 of two games left.

Well I picked 240 or 250 at first then I looked at the BMI charts ans saw that was still obese. I kept lowering the number until I came up with just "overweight" it is just a number. I looked at some old photos recently of my police academy graduation and I really liked how I looked and felt then but that was closer to 240. It is a moving target for me. I still have a way to go. I might lower it or raise it. For now it's my "goal" I'm so happy with how far I've come.
02-21-97 Graduation from the full time police academy.
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VPA63rdGraduation.png
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VPA63rd.png

The next day out to breakfast with my girlfriend now wife and her little sister.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/DayAfterGraduationfromVPA.png

M35A2
01-28-2013, 10:25 AM
The wife and I are planning to bring our own food. Tacos using lettuce leaves as the shell!

There's a burger place in San Antonio called Mooyah's (not sure if it's a chain or not) that has an IceBurger where they replace the bun with lettuce. Used to be one of my favorites but without mayo, avocado, and bacon I don't think I'd enjoy it as much.

Start of day 4 today and my coach said today and tomorrow would be the worst. About an hour in to today I got hit with nausea so bad I thought I was going to lose my orange drink from breakfast. Lasted about 1/2 hour and then I've been fine since. Anyone have anything similar? I'm hoping it's the diet and not the start of the flu.

Mark

usmcvet
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
are you taking all of your supplements at once? I used to and it made my stomach ache. I need to split mine up more.

M35A2
01-28-2013, 10:37 AM
are you taking all of your supplements at once? I used to and it made my stomach ache. I need to split mine up more.

Just took 1 multi and 1 potassium with breakfast like the chart says. I am going to try and move my second multi to earlier in the day though. I've been have some tough time sleeping (up this morning at 0430). I'm guessing all the B12 in the multi is what's throwing the sleep cycle out of whack.

Mark

mammoth357
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Howdy Gang...checking in...hey great to see Big Dad checked in finally!

I am below goal weight...down around 100 lbs on Atkins and now down 90-something lbs on IP....still on phase 1 and reluctant to leave it as it feels "safe" to me...haha! Going to drop down to around 208 before going to phase 3 (there is no phase 2 any longer) so have some space to gain back a few lbs.

Great to see all the new faces here is "no mans land"...haha! You guys are all doing great...and JW you are doing a great job as an elder keeping the new gents in great info!

Wish I had more time to get in here like I used to....interviewing for another new job today and hoping to be banging even more work hours next week...so will check in when able....

Vet: Love the pics bro....I went to the big Rally in Albany,NY recently....was great! I hate the new gun laws NY just enacted and my kimber holds 8 rounds so now can only load 7 to be leagl in NY...what a crock. Have 1 year to register my rifles now, the ones they call "assault" which is bull. WHats the difference what they "look" like...still just a semi-auto. Anyway, hoping for more of a civil show of opposition and maybe some change for the better here, but the anti-gun folk's are riding the connecticut shooting for all they can get out of it. Interesting that no assault rifle was used in that shooting and he simply had one in his car....yet they make it out like it was used ti kill all those children. The focus of course should be on the mental health issue regarding gun ownership and not taking guns from law abiding citizens....will have to see what happens as the debate progresses.

OK gents...welcome to all the newer folk's, and lets all kick some fat cells this week!
Cheers
Jake

mammoth357
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Just changed my goal to be 208...so now have 6 lbs to go.

Original goal was 240...changed to 225...then to 215...and now its 208 and this time its final! Then on to phase 3!
Cheers
Jake

Dolemite
01-28-2013, 12:16 PM
So I am on day 12 here going strong. One question I do have for you guys is how long will I be bouncing off the walls every day? Since day 8 I have been full of energy, I am normally and have been for a long time a sloth. Sit down job at work, go home take a nap then sit in front of the PC or TV for the rest of the evening for as long as I can remember.

My wife and my co-workers think I am on something. I only have one cup of coffee very early in the morning then again at night. Been holding off on exercise until they give me the go ahead, they said about 2 weeks. Not sure what I am going to do, maybe ride that stationary bike in my office that has been a coat rack for 10 years. So yes is this like the initial burn running through me or does this just keep on going? :dizzy:

leadedge
01-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Well I picked 240 or 250 at first then I looked at the BMI charts ans saw that was still obese. I kept lowering the number until I came up with just "overweight" it is just a number. I looked at some old photos recently of my police academy graduation and I really liked how I looked and felt then but that was closer to 240. It is a moving target for me. I still have a way to go. I might lower it or raise it. For now it's my "goal" I'm so happy with how far I've come.
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VPA63rdGraduation.png
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/VPA63rd.png

The next day out to breakfast with my girlfriend now wife and her little sister.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/DayAfterGraduationfromVPA.png

Dude, I was looking at your numbers and that is freakin' incredible..154lbs???!!! You are an inspiration! Did you do that all on IP? They should have you as their spokesman. When you are done you are gonna be liteally "half the man you used to be". Congrats so far and great work!!

kitcamper
01-28-2013, 01:03 PM
I am into my 5th week and still seem to have nervous energy. At home I keep popping off the couch and do something for a little bit, and then sit down again, and back up in a few. Actually it is working for me at home, I get more "chores" done, and no dirty dishes in the sink.
At work the same thing.

usmcvet
01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
leadedge

Thanks!

I switched to alternatives well after loosing 100 but I can not remember when. Cost was the main issue but I think I am going to start going back. Work got really crazy and making my weekly meeting was hard for me.

The weekly meetings are something I think I could use again. Not really to "learn" but to be checking in and to be held accountable. I have not lost much in months because I am getting comfortable. I know I can maintain but I have another 96 pounds to loose. I might be a little scared of loosing it too. Not totally sure but I need to refocus on my goals and get working again towards loosing.

leadedge
01-28-2013, 01:11 PM
I am into my 5th week and still seem to have nervous energy. At home I keep popping off the couch and do something for a little bit, and then sit down again, and back up in a few. Actually it is working for me at home, I get more "chores" done, and no dirty dishes in the sink.
At work the same thing.

Ya, Bill, even in my first week I'm finding the same thing. My energy is way up. Just sitting through a basketball game is tough now. I usually just watch a quarter and I leave it!

Had a great first WI this morning! I lost 10.5lbs!!:carrot: I think I'm the only guy at the clinic so they were a bit shocked. I don't know if the ladies there tend to lose that quick. I told my coach about this forum and this thread in particular. I've never used online help in a diet but reading about others in the same "struggle" and the support and ideas have been invaluable to me! She had definitely heard of 3FC and thinks the world of it too. 55lbs to go - No Sweat!!!

M35A2
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Had a great first WI this morning! I lost 10.5lbs!!:carrot:

Congrats! My first WI isn't until Friday. That's a pretty high bar to try and equal (competition is always a good thing though).

kitcamper
01-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Men the first week weight in is usually great.
You have to remember that this is process with a goal in mind. I did really well the first week, and was hoping for the same the second week, that did not happen.
And the fact is I dropped out of the forum for a week, just because I felt I got chewed out for being disappointed.
So, there will be ups and downs, some weeks better then others. Some weeks you will lose pounds and some inches.
But you are losing...that is the thing to keep in mind.
You just have to keep plugging along. Knowing that you are going to reach that goal. It just won't be in a hour, like a TV show.
The main thing is to stick to it.
Congrats on the loss so far, with more coming in the future. :dance:

leadedge
01-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Men the first week weight in is usually great.
You have to remember that this is process with a goal in mind. I did really well the first week, and was hoping for the same the second week, that did not happen.
And the fact is I dropped out of the forum for a week, just because I felt I got chewed out for being disappointed.
So, there will be ups and downs, some weeks better then others. Some weeks you will lose pounds and some inches.
But you are losing...that is the thing to keep in mind.
You just have to keep plugging along. Knowing that you are going to reach that goal. It just won't be in a hour, like a TV show.
The main thing is to stick to it.
Congrats on the loss so far, with more coming in the future. :dance:

I hear ya Bill. I'm keeping an even keel on expectations. I'm happy with today but I know it won't be as good next Monday. This diet I'm really treating like a marathon and not a sprint. ...You know if I shed all this fat maybe I'll try a half-marathon!:)

ChicagoPhil
01-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Men, day 14, down 18 pounds .....

Woot!

kitcamper
01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
WAY TO GO PHIL.

I do Sprints all day long running to PEE....

GoBears60
01-28-2013, 04:55 PM

Woot!

Way to go, it tooke me 3 weeks to get off 18!. And I have been been pretty darn close to perfect plan.

jwdesselle
01-28-2013, 05:12 PM
WAY TO GO PHIL.

I do Sprints all day long running to PEE....

Ha, in the IT world we call things like this 'hidden features' :dizzy:

jwdesselle
01-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I might lower it or raise it. For now it's my "goal" I'm so happy with how far I've come.

Awesome photos. I also changed my goal a couple of times. Just gotta find what feels right.

Since you posted some old photos, I dug one out of me when I was 18 (22 years ago!) I think I was around 120 or under in this photo. LOL :carrot: Highly doubt I get back to that, honestly, I don't want to. When I finally hit 140 I was looking pretty sick.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/jwdesselle/JohnGoatee1.jpg

M35A2
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Day 4 Meals

Breakfast: IP Orange Drink, black tea
Lunch: IP Chicken A La King Pottage Mix, 4oz skinless chicken, 2 cups cucumber, Cascade Ice Lemonade
Dinner: Pork Loin Chop 4oz, 2 cups roasted brocolli/cauliflower
Snack: IP Dark Chocolate Pudding Cookies with WF Caramel Sauce

Funny thing is I haven't been, what I would call, seriously hungry since starting this. Today, especially with the stomach issues, I really didn't want to eat at all but forced it down (didn't have to worry about backfilling with lettuce). Usually when my stomach is upset I'd have a 7UP and start feeling better. Since that isn't allowed I had a Cascade Ice Lemonade. Not the same but it got me burping some and seemed to ease things.

Anixous for bed so I can try and get back some of the sleep I missed last night and start the day all over again.

kitcamper
01-28-2013, 08:48 PM
And just think that cute boy, was not near the smart and handsome guy you are now.
With age comes a whole lot the young don't get.
I have set my goal, to where I really want to be, and have not been there in so long it is sort of scary. But I am going back there come **** or "no cinnibons" forever.

HornsFan
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Damn Fellas...when I left this morning to head out of town to work today, we were at the bottom of page 4....almost 2 full pages in a day! That is more posts than the last 2 weeks combined I think!!! At this rate I will not be able to keep up.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing so wonderful. My energy levels seem to increase by the day and hour! Used to on days like this I would completely crash around 5 or so and I am still burning the candle at both ends!

I had a great day today and have my 4th WI on Wednesday. I should be on pace to be down another 5 lbs...I'll let you guys know on Wednesday.

On a separate note...I have had my wife doing IP with alternative products due to cost. She is getting frustrated because the scale just isn't going down like it should. I know I have read where women can sometimes tend to retain a little more water in their muscles which could mask weight loss, but I am at a loss as to why she isn't seeing it on the scale. I have to contain my excitement of my loss due to the frustration on her end for her lack-thereof...any suggestions out there? She hasn't strayed from protocol (she had been guilty of not eating here veggies at lunch a couple of times)...I am thinking that maybe she is just one of those people that are a little more sensitive to carbs and the restricteds might be kicking her out of ketosis. I went to CVS and got some ketostix cuz I want her to closely monitor her ketones. If she is waking up not in ketosis, i might start having her to consume half a restricted as opposed to a full. She is gonna be pissed if she has to do that...she loves those damn strawberry wafers as much as me! Lord help me if that happens :dizzy:

M35A2
01-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Hornsfan,

Did the cauliflower/brocolli roasted veggies tonight. Thought the wife was going to jump over the table to take mine they were so good! Picked up a cool oil mister at HEB. You pump it up with the top and it sprays just like an aerosol.

New favorite for us is the IP Southwest Puffs. I know what you mean about the restricted stuff. Seems like the things we're liking best is on the list.

Wife has her first WI tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it's good to keep her motivated. Problem is it'll only be the start of Day 5 for her. I don't do mine until Friday so I'll have an extra couple of days to burn the weight.

HornsFan
01-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Hornsfan,

Did the cauliflower/brocolli roasted veggies tonight. Thought the wife was going to jump over the table to take mine they were so good! Picked up a cool oil mister at HEB. You pump it up with the top and it sprays just like an aerosol.

New favorite for us is the IP Southwest Puffs. I know what you mean about the restricted stuff. Seems like the things we're liking best is on the list.

Wife has her first WI tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it's good to keep her motivated. Problem is it'll only be the start of Day 5 for her. I don't do mine until Friday so I'll have an extra couple of days to burn the weight.

That's great man! The roasted veggies rock and you can do so many different combos with it and variations of seasons and whatnot. I like the SW Puffs also, but they kind of make me wanna sneeze while I eat them...must be some type of cayenne peeper or something on them that do it, but they are definitely good!

I noticed you live in Spring Branch...that ace has grown so much over the last 10 years. I get over to that area probably once every other month. Got a good friend and business associate that lives over in River Crossing. I gre up in Kerrville and I remember all of the bus trips over to Smithson Valley for football track and baseball and there use to be absolutely nothing there...it always seemed like the longest bus trips over to SV and to New Braunfels. That was way back when SV was the one guaranteed win on the schedule!

kitcamper
01-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Horns, This might not help your wife, but I know I will stay the same weight, for days and then drop. I know the gal at work is always telling me to just keep going. That you just have to keep track of inches, and let the weight come of, it will do it in spurts....hopefully. Are you going to your weekly meeting and she is not, signed up. Maybe you will need to repeat your appt. including doing measurements on her so, she can see results. Just a thought, women do loose at a slower rate then men.

M35A2
01-29-2013, 08:06 AM
I noticed you live in Spring Branch...that ace has grown so much over the last 10 years. I get over to that area probably once every other month. Got a good friend and business associate that lives over in River Crossing.

I live directly across from River Crossing so the next time you're up let me know and we'll grill some veggies. I can also take you for a spin in my username (M35A2, 2.5 ton Army truck) or my avatar (M37 3/4 ton used by the Israeli Defense Force - that's the wife's truck).

leadedge
01-29-2013, 08:24 AM
That's great man! The roasted veggies rock and you can do so many different combos with it and variations of seasons and whatnot. I like the SW Puffs also, but they kind of make me wanna sneeze while I eat them...must be some type of cayenne peeper or something on them that do it, but they are definitely good!

Hey Horns!

I took your advice too! Last night with my turkey burger I whipped up some asparagus and zucchini added a bit of OO salt, pepper and a garlic seasoning I had. Set the oven broiler on high and laid it all on a cooking sheet, threw it in and in about 10 mins it was done. Damn!!! It was fantastic! Best meal yet on IP:dizzy:

leadedge
01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
I live directly across from River Crossing so the next time you're up let me know and we'll grill some veggies. I can also take you for a spin in my username (M35A2, 2.5 ton Army truck) or my avatar (M37 3/4 ton used by the Israeli Defense Force - that's the wife's truck).

Taking a spin in my Avatar will be a lot easier when I shed the extra weight!! LOL:D

usmcvet
01-29-2013, 08:43 AM

Woot!
Awesome Dude!
Awesome photos. I also changed my goal a couple of times. Just gotta find what feels right.

Since you posted some old photos, I dug one out of me when I was 18 (22 years ago!) I think I was around 120 or under in this photo. LOL :carrot: Highly doubt I get back to that, honestly, I don't want to. When I finally hit 140 I was looking pretty sick.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/jwdesselle/JohnGoatee1.jpg Thanks JW. That is a great photo of you. It's fun to look back. I will keep my goal flexible.

Taking a spin in my Avatar will be a lot easier when I shed the extra weight!! LOL:D

Heck yes it will that is an awesome looking car but Tiny. My belly not touching the steering wheel of my truck was a huge NSV for me.

leadedge
01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
So I am on day 12 here going strong. One question I do have for you guys is how long will I be bouncing off the walls every day? Since day 8 I have been full of energy, I am normally and have been for a long time a sloth. Sit down job at work, go home take a nap then sit in front of the PC or TV for the rest of the evening for as long as I can remember.

My wife and my co-workers think I am on something. I only have one cup of coffee very early in the morning then again at night. Been holding off on exercise until they give me the go ahead, they said about 2 weeks. Not sure what I am going to do, maybe ride that stationary bike in my office that has been a coat rack for 10 years. So yes is this like the initial burn running through me or does this just keep on going? :dizzy:

Hi Dole,

That is hilarious! I'm on day 8 and going thought the same thing!! Naps? They are impossible! My wife opens her mouth to nag me to do something and realizes that I've already done it!! She just walks around in a state of confusion.

Over the last week my productivity at my store has been through the roof! To top it all off I thought I'd be grumpy going on a diet but in fact I think I'm a lot nicer guy and much more attentive to my customers (which I'm sure they appreciate). My store has 2 floors so I've been whipping up and down the stairs where normally I would have been huffing and puffing.

Even if I don't lose another ounce, the influx of energy IP gives you is incredible!!!:dizzy:

GoBears60
01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
On a separate note...I have had my wife doing IP with alternative products due to cost. She is getting frustrated because the scale just isn't going down like it should. I know I have read where women can sometimes tend to retain a little more water in their muscles which could mask weight loss, but I am at a loss as to why she isn't seeing it on the scale. :

I know I have cut out a lot, so both the wife and I could both do the IP product. And coach has been great by letting us double up in the weekly weigh-in session (2 for the price of 1). However I feel it, but this is getting so important to us we are already looking at things we can cut to continue with this plan. She also had a .6 loss between week 2 and 3. She said it didn't bother but it I know it did. The coach seemed to think it was her cold medication.

A search on the internet on Nyquil shows 'acesulfame potassium, alcohol, citric acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate. So it could be something as simple as that which could knock her out of ketosis.

Don

M35A2
01-29-2013, 09:16 AM

I hear that. My truck was made for 18 y.o.s who were a bit fitter than I am. I guess my only saving grace is my weight is spread out over my whole body. If I was a heavy beer drinker there's no way I could fit behind the wheel.

nobylspoon
01-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Since we are posting old photos, here is mine right after BMT graduation. My goal is to get back to that 180lbs.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8048/8426229179_7180ea4ee8_z.jpg

M35A2
01-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Since we are posting old photos, here is mine right after BMT graduation. My goal is to get back to that 180lbs.

Know exactly where that photo was taken! (Riverwalk San Antonio, in case no one else knows, about 20 miles south of my current location).

Thank you for your service! I'm actually trying to get under my Basic/AIT weight because I may have been in better physical condition but I was still overweight.

jwdesselle
01-29-2013, 01:41 PM

Know exactly where that photo was taken! (Riverwalk San Antonio, in case no one else knows, about 20 miles south of my current location).

Thank you for your service! I'm actually trying to get under my Basic/AIT weight because I may have been in better physical condition but I was still overweight.

HA, there is no way I could get back to my Basic/AIT weight. I think I was pushing a heavy 120 at the time. Taking in anything I could to try and gain weight. I think I left AIT weighing maybe 125. Boy, I think all those powders and things I took back then did a sneak attack on my when I hit 30. The lbs started coming! hehehe :carrot:

afbrown2
01-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Week 3 weigh in today and down 16.4 lbs! This really seems easy. Some challenges when going out to friends and family but I can cook so I just bring own food if there are no IP options. So far my favorites are:
Wildberry Yogurt
Chocolate or Vanilla Drink with Spinach
Herb and Cheese Omelet
Vegetable Chili
Cappuccino Drink
I try to add a new one or two each week to try other options. So much great support here on this site!

M35A2
01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
HA, there is no way I could get back to my Basic/AIT weight. I think I was pushing a heavy 120 at the time. Taking in anything I could to try and gain weight. I think I left AIT weighing maybe 125. Boy, I think all those powders and things I took back then did a sneak attack on my when I hit 30. The lbs started coming! hehehe :carrot:

I did One Station Unit Training at Benning (Basic/AIT combined). I went in at 210 and came out at 175 after 16 weeks of constant PT, speed marches, push ups, etc. It only took me a couple of months in college eating pizza and drinking beer to get back to 210 and I spent my entire career fighting to stay under my max weight allowance. I'm shooting for being at a comfortable weight that is right for my heighth for once in my life. I may not be able to retain that forever but it'd sure be nice to see it once.

M35A2
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Week 3 weigh in today and down 16.4 lbs! So much great support here on this site!

WTG!!:carrot:

Wife had her 1st WI this morning. I was a little worried as it's only Day 5 for us and I was afraid she'd be disappointed. Lost 3.5lbs and she was happy with that. I'm anxious to do my 1st WI on Friday.

Can't agree more about the support. Glad I found this site.

kitcamper
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Way to go Mrs. M35A2

leadedge
01-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Lots of temptation today! Had to pick up McDonalds for the kids (didn't even snag a fry) and the boys at racing (I race R/C cars) decided to order a load of Greek food from the restaurant next door!! Stayed true and keeping my eye on the big prize!! Next challenge, like all you guys, is a big one...Superbowl Sunday.

jwdesselle
01-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Lots of temptation today! Had to pick up McDonalds for the kids (didn't even snag a fry) and the boys at racing (I race R/C cars) decided to order a load of Greek food from the restaurant next door!! Stayed true and keeping my eye on the big prize!! Next challenge, like all you guys, is a big one...Superbowl Sunday.

Ohhhh, Superbowl Sunday, I hadn't even thought about the food yet. Yikes...gotta get a game plan formed.

usmcvet
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM

You can do it.
HA, there is no way I could get back to my Basic/AIT weight. I think I was pushing a heavy 120 at the time. Taking in anything I could to try and gain weight. I think I left AIT weighing maybe 125. Boy, I think all those powders and things I took back then did a sneak attack on my when I hit 30. The lbs started coming! hehehe :carrot: I was 168 when I graduated. I'm not going that far again. That would be a 302# loss. :dizzy:

Ohhhh, Superbowl Sunday, I hadn't even thought about the food yet. Yikes...gotta get a game plan formed.

I'd not thought much about it either. Not sure what I will do if anything. Just had my spinach shake and I am full!

GoBears60
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Lessons Learned from this past week
1. All flavored water is not equal. (aspartame)
2. Having a scale that gives the same weight is great. Weightguru dot com
3. Meat Loaf should not be ordered at a restaurant.
4. Wife drops in spurts, I appear to drop a little each day.
5. Tend to lose more on weekends then week days (stress from job?)

Good things.
1. My emergency fat pants that I have been wearing for the last 3 years are very lose.
2. Tux rental size has gone down (They have my history)
3. Have a scale that gives the same weight is great.
4. When I started this I said if I make it to the Superbowl I am gone to pig out, That is out of the picture.
5. Eating right is our focus, not something we have to do.
6. Wish I found this decades and diets ago.

leadedge
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Lessons Learned from this past week
1. All flavored water is not equal. (aspartame)
2. Having a scale that gives the same weight is great. Weightguru dot com
3. Meat Loaf should not be ordered at a restaurant.
4. Wife drops in spurts, I appear to drop a little each day.
5. Tend to lose more on weekends then week days (stress from job?)

Good things.
1. My emergency fat pants that I have been wearing for the last 3 years are very lose.
2. Tux rental size has gone down (They have my history)
3. Have a scale that gives the same weight is great.
4. When I started this I said if I make it to the Superbowl I am gone to pig out, That is out of the picture.
5. Eating right is our focus, not something we have to do.
6. Wish I found this decades and diets ago.

I was just thinking about #6 on your "good things".

Some friends and co-workers know about my diet so a friend's wife was telling me how she wished her husband would lose the weight. (First thing is, nobody is going to lose weight because someone else tells them to...it just doesn't happen. It can only be done if the person is 100% ready to do it.) My buddy just laughs about her nagging. I've just been telling him IP is a huge waste of money if he can't stop the fast food, so don't even think about
doing it unless he is ready to commit for the long haul.

I love this program. Every other diet I've tried I felt doomed before I even started. This is completely different. It's truly amazing!!

HornsFan
01-30-2013, 11:55 PM

M35...that sounds like fun! We'll definitely have to hook up some time. I was just in town about 3 weeks ago. I was introduced to that 54 Grill...pretty cool place. That would def be a local watering hole for me if I lived in that area. I stayed OP while I was there, but man...some of those late night happy hour appetizers looked delicious.

Hey Horns!

I took your advice too! Last night with my turkey burger I whipped up some asparagus and zucchini added a bit of OO salt, pepper and a garlic seasoning I had. Set the oven broiler on high and laid it all on a cooking sheet, threw it in and in about 10 mins it was done. Damn!!! It was fantastic! Best meal yet on IP:dizzy:

That's great man! There are so many different ways you can play with them to change the flavor and most importantly...it's quick to throw together. Try mixing a couple TBSPS of lemon juice in there next time.

I know I have cut out a lot, so both the wife and I could both do the IP product. And coach has been great by letting us double up in the weekly weigh-in session (2 for the price of 1). However I feel it, but this is getting so important to us we are already looking at things we can cut to continue with this plan. She also had a .6 loss between week 2 and 3. She said it didn't bother but it I know it did. The coach seemed to think it was her cold medication.

A search on the internet on Nyquil shows 'acesulfame potassium, alcohol, citric acid, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavor, high fructose corn syrup, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate. So it could be something as simple as that which could knock her out of ketosis.

Don

Bears...For the most part she is on IP now...She has a shake in the AM with her coffee... usually soup and veggies for lunch...dinner is what I whip up and her nightly strawberry wafer. She had a couple pound whoosh this AM on the scale so all is happy in the house right now! :carrot:

I have been really busy this week fellas...but I had my 4th WI this AM and I am down another 4.6 pounds officially. I am down to 258 and that puts me at a total first month IP loss of 24lbs. I have had a total loss of 31 lbs since Jan. 1st. I am pretty stoked!!! This first month has been such a Godsend...I have been able to reshift my focus in so many areas of life and it has mad such a difference...not to mention the accountability to my coach and all you guys!!! Have a good evening everyone!

Dolemite
01-31-2013, 05:28 AM
Today is day 14, down 7lbs for the second week. 21lbs overall is just unimaginable! Getting ready for the SB! Going to cook me some IP Friendly boneless hot wings!

M35A2
01-31-2013, 06:59 AM
M35...that sounds like fun! We'll definitely have to hook up some time. I was just in town about 3 weeks ago. I was introduced to that 54 Grill...pretty cool place. That would def be a local watering hole for me if I lived in that area. I stayed OP while I was there, but man...some of those late night happy hour appetizers looked delicious.

I have been really busy this week fellas...but I had my 4th WI this AM and I am down another 4.6 pounds officially. I am down to 258 and that puts me at a total first month IP loss of 24lbs. I have had a total loss of 31 lbs since Jan. 1st. I am pretty stoked!!! This first month has been such a Godsend...I have been able to reshift my focus in so many areas of life and it has mad such a difference...not to mention the accountability to my coach and all you guys!!! Have a good evening everyone!

Congrats on the WI! My first is tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how things went.

54th Street is one of our favorites. The nice thing is we can still go there and have a sirloin and some steamed veggies and stay OP.

jeffc
01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
First weigh-in was this morning. I'm down 12lbs and <> 4 total inches. Wife is down 9.5 lbs and 2.5 inches. Week 1 was pretty smooth and easy. Hope week 2 is the same (not expecting the same weight loss of course.) Congrats to you all and keep up the good work.

GoBears60
01-31-2013, 09:53 AM
First weigh-in was this morning. I'm down 12lbs and <> 4 total inches. Wife is down 9.5 lbs and 2.5 inches. Week 1 was pretty smooth and easy. Hope week 2 is the same (not expecting the same weight loss of course.) Congrats to you all and keep up the good work.

Congrats!

4th weigh in with a direct descentant of Attila the Hun. Wife down 6.6, yours truly down a flat 4 pounds. Needless to say it was a very good night more us. 36 pounds loss between the two of us in 4 weeks. Unbelievable! What that song? I love this place...

M35A2
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Just booked our reservations for Ireland trip at the end of August. This will be our 2nd time there and this time will be going with my brother, SIL, and neice.

I've got 7 months to be OP so I can really enjoy the trip. If it's even half as easy as this first week I should be fine. I'm hoping to be into maintenance then and if I stray (which you and I both know I will) I should be able to jump back to P1 when I return without too much problem.

Luckily I'm not a big beer drinker. I'll probably have a couple of Smithwicks while I'm there but last time I had a total of 2 and 1 partially used Guiness (don't like the burnt flavor). My big problem is going to be the fish and chips. Our last trip I had it 6 of the 7 days we were there:D

I'm as excited about this trip as I was the 1st time!

nobylspoon
01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
I stumbled across this photo of me from the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer last year. This was a few months before I started on Ideal Protein. I expect to be at my goal by this years walk in May so I am going to take an "after" photo at the same mile marker.

I am hoping my clinic will be willing to donate in exchange for having permission to use the before/after images to promote themselves.

Fundraising is really hard when you are an introvert, lol.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7274128582_271314f2dd_b.jpg

kitcamper
01-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Howdy, Good to hear your week is going great. Mine has been ruff, nothing horrible. Just cheating with a little extra meat and veggies. Most is trying to figure out when to eat.
Doing better today more focused, than the last two...

HornsFan
02-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Today is day 14, down 7lbs for the second week. 21lbs overall is just unimaginable! Getting ready for the SB! Going to cook me some IP Friendly boneless hot wings!

That's great Dole! I thought I was going to be able to avoid the SB parties this year...doesn't appear so though...gotta stay strong.

Congrats on the WI! My first is tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how things went.

Let us know how it goes

congrats...it helps a lot when the wife loses also...mine was getting a little frustrated but has seen about a 4lb drop in the last couple days...she is very happy

Congrats!

4th weigh in with a direct descentant of Attila the Hun. Wife down 6.6, yours truly down a flat 4 pounds. Needless to say it was a very good night more us. 36 pounds loss between the two of us in 4 weeks. Unbelievable! What that song? I love this place...

Bears...you crack me up dude...Attilla the Hun??? I freakin belly laughed! Congrats on the continued success

I stumbled across this photo of me from the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer last year. This was a few months before I started on Ideal Protein. I expect to be at my goal by this years walk in May so I am going to take an "after" photo at the same mile marker.

I am hoping my clinic will be willing to donate in exchange for having permission to use the before/after images to promote themselves.

Fundraising is really hard when you are an introvert, lol.

nobyl...your results so far have only reinforced IP to me! We have the same starting weight and your average monthly loss OP is about exactly the same as mine so far. When I started, I knew I would lose...and I have done so at exactly the same rate as my coach said I would...seeing your results helps to reinforce what I didn't necessarily believe 4 weeks ago when starting out...I will reach my goal in May!!!

Howdy, Good to hear your week is going great. Mine has been ruff, nothing horrible. Just cheating with a little extra meat and veggies. Most is trying to figure out when to eat.
Doing better today more focused, than the last two...

Hey Kit! no worries man...stay strong...keep on here for support...stay focused and OP and good things will happen buddy!

nobylspoon
02-01-2013, 10:28 AM
nobyl...your results so far have only reinforced IP to me! We have the same starting weight and your average monthly loss OP is about exactly the same as mine so far. When I started, I knew I would lose...and I have done so at exactly the same rate as my coach said I would...seeing your results helps to reinforce what I didn't necessarily believe 4 weeks ago when starting out...I will reach my goal in May!!!

I have no doubt you will hit that goal on time. I was at 235 for years and expected to plateau when I got back to it but I just cruised right past it. I have been tracking my stats since I started and I have found an interesting pattern since the start. One week I have a big drop (4-5lbs) followed by 2 weeks of lower drops (2.5-3lbs). It consistently averages out to about 4lbs a week. It's an interesting pattern.

I'm proud to say that I am finally "overweight". My BMI measured in at 29.9 today!

kitcamper
02-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Way to do! Nobly. I should average mine, that would make a bit of mental difference.

GoBears60
02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
. It's an interesting pattern.

I'm proud to say that I am finally "overweight". My BMI measured in at 29.9 today!

Yes, I am only 4.3 pounds (Birthday suit weight not attila-the-hun scale) from being OBESE! Much better then being MORBID OBESE!

Horns, last spring the Wife and I went to one of the weight loss clinics that offered IP. Didn't like the facility, didn't like the coach and we walked out. When daughter-in-law lost all that weight we went to her facility. that's where I meet out current coach (the descentant from attila-the-hun). I really like her. When my wife dropped 6.6 pounds I thought attila-the-hun was more happy then my wife, they were giving each other high-fives and laughing and my wife was so happy she was getting weepy...

Attila-the-hun was a Personal Trainer for years prior to becoming an IP coach. I think she LOVES her work and she knows it is 80-90% diet and the rest exercise.

M35A2
02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Okay gents. Week 1 WI, drum roll please, (and I didn't have anything this morning other than a packet of orange drink mix, no water, no nuthin'), down 8 lbs! I'm thrilled with that.

Mark

leadedge
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Yes, I am only 4.3 pounds (Birthday suit weight not attila-the-hun scale) from being OBESE! Much better then being MORBID OBESE!

Horns, last spring the Wife and I went to one of the weight loss clinics that offered IP. Didn't like the facility, didn't like the coach and we walked out. When daughter-in-law lost all that weight we went to her facility. that's where I meet out current coach (the descentant from attila-the-hun). I really like her. When my wife dropped 6.6 pounds I thought attila-the-hun was more happy then my wife, they were giving each other high-fives and laughing and my wife was so happy she was getting weepy...

Attila-the-hun was a Personal Trainer for years prior to becoming an IP coach. I think she LOVES her work and she knows it is 80-90% diet and the rest exercise.

Way to go Bears! I hoping to hit obese pretty soon too!! My coach hasn't mentioned anything about exercise yet. Do you know when we should start? I thought you weren't supposed to do much the first couple of weeks.

Looking forward to WI #2 on Monday. As of this morning the naked scale says 14lbs lost so far but we'll have to see what hers says! I wish she'd let me get naked for weight in...;) (Maybe at 220!)

kitcamper
02-01-2013, 01:09 PM
M35A
Good Job.....lets see some dancing....:dance:

nobylspoon
02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Way to go Bears! I hoping to hit obese pretty soon too!! My coach hasn't mentioned anything about exercise yet. Do you know when we should start? I thought you weren't supposed to do much the first couple of weeks.

Looking forward to WI #2 on Monday. As of this morning the naked scale says 14lbs lost so far but we'll have to see what hers says! I wish she'd let me get naked for weight in...;) (Maybe at 220!)

My coach didn't want me to exercise for the first month. I have heard 2 and 3 weeks from other coaches. You just want to make sure your body has fully stabilized to the new diet otherwise any exercise will be counter productive to your progress.

M35A2
02-01-2013, 01:21 PM
M35A

I'm more a "stand in place" kind of dancer :carrot:

GoBears60
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
M35A

Today was a first for me. I reached for a pair of 44 waist pants. They fit and I will be taking all my 46" waist pants to the salvation army this weekend.

Fortunitly I kept all my pants as the weight gains caused me to shift into expanded waist sizes. I always remember when I brought my first pair of 42" waist pants "NEVER will I buy ANOTHER pair of 42" pants! I am gonna diet and get back into the 40" waist pants. About a year later it was the same story with 44" and about a year later it was 46"...but I haven't gone above that no mater how tight they got, just like some men who still brag they are the same size waist that they had in High School, but really? Where is your belt? I can't see it cuz your FAT has Done Loped over your belt!

GoBears60
02-01-2013, 02:58 PM
My coach didn't want me to exercise for the first month. I have heard 2 and 3 weeks from other coaches. You just want to make sure your body has fully stabilized to the new diet otherwise any exercise will be counter productive to your progress.

Nobly your my hero and inspiration. You must exercise if your going for a 26 mile walk?

I am attending my shared session with Personal Trainer, but I am not pushing it, despite Sgt Torture getting on my a$$. The men were doing 15-20-25 reps with dumb-bells and I went through the first set. Then I went down to 10-12-15s because I started to black-out doing over head curls.

GoBears60
02-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Didn't have my by-focals on this morning when I grabed the salad dressing...but Walden Farms BBQ sauce on my salad wasn't that bad:hungry:

nobylspoon
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Nobly your my hero and inspiration. You must exercise if your going for a 26 mile walk?

I am attending my shared session with Personal Trainer, but I am not pushing it, despite Sgt Torture getting on my a$$. The men were doing 15-20-25 reps with dumb-bells and I went through the first set. Then I went down to 10-12-15s because I started to black-out doing over head curls.

Actually, it's 39 miles. I walked every step last year at 280 without much physical preparation. I expect to be at my 180 goal by this years walk. It should be a lot easier on my feet without that 100lbs dragging me down.

My workouts are pretty basic. I do a lot of pushups, squats, crunches (and now that I physically can) pullups. I follow that up with about 25min of intervals on the treadmill. I try to do this 3 times a week.

It's important to not over do it. I gave Crossfit a try last month and it nearly killed me. I burned off more than I consumed for the day.

HornsFan
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Okay gents. Week 1 WI, drum roll please, (and I didn't have anything this morning other than a packet of orange drink mix, no water, no nuthin'), down 8 lbs! I'm thrilled with that.

Mark

Great job man!

My coach was very strict at not working out for 4 weeks. He even told me at last WI that I could start working out as long as it was all anabolic acitivity...nothing that would put me in an aerobic state for a sustained period. He indicated that it takes about 4 weeks for your body to learn how to efficiently utilize the fat as energy. I haven't started working out yet, but I would assume if you estimated how many calories you burn during your workout and replace with the right amount of protein, i would think that everything would be all good.

leadedge
02-01-2013, 10:19 PM

Mark

Awesome job, man!

kitcamper
02-02-2013, 03:36 PM
I had WI in this morning.
Down 3 pounds. :dance:
Which was really great considering my week. I did not have a good week. Did not sleep well a couple of nights, was trying to get a cold, ate extra packets of IP, and ate extra veggies and extra protein.
But, did not cave in to those candy bars sitting in the cupboard.
Finally broke that mental wall of mine of 275, some place I have not been in over 2 years.....:dance:

HornsFan
02-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Which was really great considering my week. I did not have a good week. Did not sleep well a couple of nights, was trying to get a cold, ate extra packets of IP, and ate extra veggies and extra protein.
Finally broke that mental wall of mine of 275, some place I have not been in over 2 years.....:dance:

Way to go Kit!

M35A2
02-02-2013, 06:08 PM

Great job staying OP!

Wife and I were in Fredricksburg today and stopped in a restaurant for lunch. We thought we'd just get a salad and be fine. Only thing that came close enough was a grilled steak and spring mix salad with guac and deep fried shallots. We got them to remove the guac and shallots and asked if they had green peppers and cucumbers. Peppers they had but not the cukes so we ordered that. The waitress came back with the salads and a little side of what can only be called "pico de gallo" but wasn't really pico. It had diced cukes, green peppers and dill weed. Turned out pretty good and we'll just call the steak 1/2 our evening protein. Amazing what you can do with a little creativity.

usmcvet
02-02-2013, 07:35 PM
NSV

Just left Walmart and put my cart away. I wouldn't have done that 154#'s ago. I used to use the cart like a walker. I seriously eyed those damn motorized carts. I was a close many times. I would have to sit down several times in a normal trip I don't even think about it anymore. That's huge. I used to be an exhausted and sweaty mess. Super Embarrassing.

leadedge
02-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Great job staying OP!

Wife and I were in Fredricksburg today and stopped in a restaurant for lunch. We thought we'd just get a salad and be fine. Only thing that came close enough was a grilled steak and spring mix salad with guac and deep fried shallots. We got them to remove the guac and shallots and asked if they had green peppers and cucumbers. Peppers they had but not the cukes so we ordered that. The waitress came back with the salads and a little side of what can only be called "pico de gallo" but wasn't really pico. It had diced cukes, green peppers and dill weed. Turned out pretty good and we'll just call the steak 1/2 our evening protein. Amazing what you can do with a little creativity.

The kids wanted to go to Swiss Chalet tonight so I was dreading it. They actually have some great "healthy choices". I ended up getting a 1/4 chicken (all white meat) with a salad and "veggie medley" (broccoli and cauliflower) there was some carrot shards sprinkled on top but only a few. The dressing for the salad was a balsamic, but I only used a small drizzle.

I guess you gotta put the cheats in a bit of perspective...drizzle of balsamic but no huge piece of pie!

This is the second "eat out" during the diet and both have been very pleasant. It is kinda nice to leave the restaurant full yet without that stuffed, bloated, feel like I'm gonna puke feeling!:p

HornsFan
02-02-2013, 09:32 PM
OK fellas...made a taco salad tonight with turkey...seasoned it up and put over a bed of lettuce...pretty good...had a thought at the store when I saw the okra, so I picked some up...sliced them up (bout 1/3 inch)...tossed em in some EVOO...laid them out flat on a foil lined cookie sheet and added some salt/pepper...baked at 425 for about 15 minutes...can you say freakin AWESOME....hands down my favorite roasted veggie so far. If you are a fan of the okra...this is a must!!! Gonna hit the shower and cap off my night with my strawberry wafer...life is good right now!

kitcamper
02-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Everyone seems to be doing well. That is great. Went out to dinner with friends and family, to a little Mexican Restaurant. Knew where I was going and what I was having. Brought my own dressing WF Ranch mixed with a green salsa. Had a steak salad. It was good, it had a little avocado and tomatoes which I have not had since I started.
Of course I just checked and the avocado is not allowed. Knew it was on the list just thought is was on the once a week list. Not going to beat myself over 4 little slices, but know better now.
Tomorrow going to my brothers for the Super Bowl, going to make some stuffed mushrooms and roast some broc. Will stuff the mushrooms with ground beef and seasonings. Never tried it before, but what the heck.
You guys take care and have a great Sunday.......

M35A2
02-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Tomorrow going to my brothers for the Super Bowl, going to make some stuffed mushrooms and roast some broc. Will stuff the mushrooms with ground beef and seasonings. Never tried it before, but what the heck.
You guys take care and have a great Sunday.......

Billie,

Thanks for the suggestions. We made some tonight for dinner watching of the SuperBowl and they turned out great!

Mark

leadedge
02-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Big WI tomorrow. I've definitely slowed down with the weight loss. I'm hoping for 5 but we'll see. Exciting game tonight! Got a treadmill today. Getting it downstairs and assembled was a workout in itself!

Dolemite
02-04-2013, 06:13 AM
3rd official weigh in on Saturday. Down another 9.5lbs! This diet ROCKS!

HornsFan
02-04-2013, 09:25 AM

Way to go man!

GoBears60
02-04-2013, 10:19 AM

Dolemite way to go. :woohoo:

I actually got knocked out of ketosis at superbowl party last night and had a GAIN this morning. Killing my brain trying to reflect on what it could have been. I think it was the wings. I thought they just had hot sauce on them. I was so careful, you just need to keep eating out at a minimum with this diet. It is so unforgiving. But on plan this morning and I have learned from my mistake.

I also made a bet of some beer called Russian Damnation that they don't even sell in the Chicago Land Area. I made this bet after the 49ers knocked Green Bay out. Good thing I didn't win--I think

Horns I will try your okra. Sounds great

wuv2bloved
02-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Hey guys, looks like y'all are rocking the program as usual. Great losses and lots of new faces around. Just dropping by to let y'all know I have reached my goal with a total of 231lbs loss in 20 months AND I am now a Clinic OWNER!....my clinic will be opening up February 19th!.....I have 2 weeks to prepare for the opening, so I will be busy busy. Keep up the amazing job y'all are doing and GOOD LUCK!!

jwdesselle
02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Hey guys, looks like y'all are rocking the program as usual. Great losses and lots of new faces around. Just dropping by to let y'all know I have reached my goal with a total of 231lbs loss in 20 months AND I am now a Clinic OWNER!....my clinic will be opening up February 19th!.....I have 2 weeks to prepare for the opening, so I will be busy busy. Keep up the amazing job y'all are doing and GOOD LUCK!!

WAY TO GO:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: on reaching your goal. I knew you would do it. You are so awesome!! :hug:

nobylspoon
02-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Progress photo in my new size 34 jeans :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8444366831_27f627450e_c.jpg

jwdesselle
02-04-2013, 12:42 PM

Great photo! Keep up the good work. :carrot:

kitcamper
02-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Nobyl....LOOKING GOOD!! :flame:

Wuv....Three cheers for you girl..:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

Dole... Good job for week 3...:broc:

M35A2
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM

Quite a difference from your walk photo.

My question is why, at 212, I'm still in size 38 jeans? I will say I'm not buying anything until I'm within 10% of goal weight. I hate clothes shopping, always have, and I only want to do it once.

kitcamper
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
I will be able to shop in my own closet all the way to about 20 pounds from goal. I should really clean out my closets...LOL

leadedge
02-04-2013, 05:14 PM

Awesome job Dole! Way to go Nobyl, that is a big change from the earlier pic at the signpost!

Had my 2nd WI today and I lost another 5. Pretty happy as I'm down 15 overall. Although not as good as week 1, I haven't cheated so I guess my body is starting to re-adjust a bit.

I'm getting together a game plan with my coach for my upcoming cruise and I'm pretty confident I can minimize the weight gain while I'm away. I have another full month of IP before I wean off to prepare for the trip, then right back on the horse!

We also discussed working out. I think I'm going to start tomorrow with some very basic walking/jogging on the treadmill probably 2-3 times a week. She doesn't seem to concerned as long as I don't go crazy right away.

M35A2
02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I will be able to shop in my own closet all the way to about 20 pounds from goal. I should really clean out my closets...LOL

I haven't been my "goal" weight since about 4th grade and those pants are going to be a tad short.

cschindel
02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Lost 1.5 this week, coach said I might be doing too much at the gym. Gonna tone it down his week and we will see

Dolemite
02-05-2013, 05:50 AM
I seem to be on a bit of a plateau here since Saturday. Down just 1lb on my scale. They said it would slow down around week 3.

M35A2
02-05-2013, 07:28 AM
I seem to be on a bit of a plateau here since Saturday. Down just 1lb on my scale. They said it would slow down around week 3.

Same here although I haven't changed at all since last WI. I've been 100% OP and MyFitnessPal says I've been under 800 calories per day. Not sure what it is although I haven't had a BM since Thursday so that might be part of it.

jwdesselle
02-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Same here although I haven't changed at all since last WI. I've been 100% OP and MyFitnessPal says I've been under 800 calories per day. Not sure what it is although I haven't had a BM since Thursday so that might be part of it.

Hey guys, don't worry about small losses, or non-losses. There are times when you go to your weigh in that the scale will not have moved at all. But, look at the measurements. If your coach uses one of those high-tech scales, look at the composition of your body vs last week. Your weight may not have changed, but see if it has moved around a little. You may have gained a little muscle and lost fat, or maybe retained a little water, but lost fat. Lots of factors involved. AND, we all have the great stall...just hang in there. :D

jwdesselle
02-05-2013, 08:02 AM

My question is why, at 212, I'm still in size 38 jeans? I will say I'm not buying anything until I'm within 10% of goal weight. I hate clothes shopping, always have, and I only want to do it once.

I felt the same as you. I went on a trip to Atlanta a few weeks before I hit my goal and had to get some new clothes. Bought one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts. Those clothes don't really fit anymore. The day I bought those clothes for Atlanta was pretty funny. The guy at the store that was helping me kept laughing. Before IP I was in a tight size 36 pant. Boy, I tried every size until I hit what fit, a whopping size 30! The store guy ended up bringing me a stack of jeans that were 33, 32, 31 and 30. He said to just start at the smallest and work my way up until I could button them. I was on cloud 9 when those size 30 closed. ;)

leadedge
02-05-2013, 08:49 AM

Ya, I've slowed up a lot recently too. Those BMs certainly are reduced in quality and quantity on IP!

Lesson of the morning...don't forget your IP shaker at work! I think the omelette needs some semblance of correct measure of water and proper shaking. I ended up with an ugly, bubbling mess!!

On another note: The best protein bar so far...Peanut Butter! Way too good!!!

GoBears60
02-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Ya, I've slowed up a lot recently too. Those BMs certainly are reduced in quality and quantity on IP!

Constipation (http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/216)

M35A2
02-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Constipation (http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/216)

Thanks for the post. I haven't gotten that video yet but had already bought a bottle of the Novilax. I took it a couple of days last week which resulted in the Thursday swoosh. I hadn't taken any between then and yesterday because I really don't want to get to the point of having to depend on it to go. By yesterday morning though I wasn't really caring and started again. I'm sure it'll help. Eventually.

EDIT: Just checked my email and that's the video that showed up today :)

kitcamper
02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
BM's they will kill ya. Not only is your weight not moving, but you feel uncomfortable, "bloated" and "puffy". I am currently trying a Celestial Seasonings LaxaTea, because I wanted something natural. I am drinking it once a day, currently in the evening. It is decaffeinated, and does not seem to cause anything drastic to happen. But, at least I am having a "event" once a day, thought it is not till after work.
My first thing in the morning routine, has been shot every since I started IP.
Not sure if this will help. But that is what I am trying.

GoBears60
02-05-2013, 10:40 AM

Lesson of the morning...don't forget your IP shaker at work! I think the omelette needs some semblance of correct measure of water and proper shaking. I ended up with an ugly, bubbling mess!!

On another note: The best protein bar so far...Peanut Butter! Way too good!!!

I like pre-making the puddings. I am having them for breakfast now. My wife is a shaker fanatic. As for me I just stir the stuff with a fork at work. So far so good. But haven't done that with the eggs so far. That seems to be our weekend meal.

Still can't believe how much I am loving this after 34 days.

nobylspoon
02-05-2013, 11:42 AM

What style of jeans do you wear? I have been wearing 36 straight leg and the waist was getting a bit loose but I could barely pull up a pair of 34 boot cut because of my legs. However, I picked up a pair of straight leg 34 and they were the perfect fit for me on legs and waist.

M35A2
02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
What style of jeans do you wear? I have been wearing 36 straight leg and the waist was getting a bit loose but I could barely pull up a pair of 34 boot cut because of my legs. However, I picked up a pair of straight leg 34 and they were the perfect fit for me on legs and waist.

I've been wearing Costco specials for the last couple of years because I'm getting real cheap in my old age. I'm guessing I could probably go down to 36's without any discomfort but doubt I could pull off (or pull on) 34's. I've never been able to wear boot cut because of my legs even when I was down in the 180s.

leadedge
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
BM's they will kill ya. Not only is your weight not moving, but you feel uncomfortable, "bloated" and "puffy". I am currently trying a Celestial Seasonings LaxaTea, because I wanted something natural. I am drinking it once a day, currently in the evening. It is decaffeinated, and does not seem to cause anything drastic to happen. But, at least I am having a "event" once a day, thought it is not till after work.
My first thing in the morning routine, has been shot every since I started IP.
Not sure if this will help. But that is what I am trying.

Thanks for the tip, Kit! I'm gonna try that for sure. Ya, back in the carb days I was like a Swiss watch every morning. Since IP I'm more like a Rolexx (with two XXs at the end)!!:mad:

leadedge
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
I tried two new items on IP today, the Vanilla drink and the Chicken soup. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but both were really good. I have yet to find anything I really don't like. I'd say the worst so far was the chocolate pudding but even that wasn't too bad!

M35A2
02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
I tried two new items on IP today, the Vanilla drink and the Chicken soup. I'm starting to sound like a broken record but both were really good. I have yet to find anything I really don't like. I'd say the worst so far was the chocolate pudding but even that wasn't too bad!

The only one that I would, under no circumstances, buy is the Tomato Basil Soup. I got a packet in my initial weeks worth of stuff. I managed to choke it down but don't think I could again. I know a lot of people like making flat bread out of it but can't see gambling $28 on a box for the chance that I might enjoy it.

I really don't care for the Mango RTD either but I had the Wildberry Yogurt Mix today and was pleasantly surprised (thought it would wind up tasting similar).

kitcamper
02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Oh, my, I just downloaded my pictures from Christmas, and the ones that I took of me in just my underwear the day I started IP (Dec. 29th). I cannot believe how different I look. It has not been a ton of pounds but the inches really show. I am so much cuter now....LOL
Glad I took those pictures, it was depressing taking them, but it really shows the difference.....:dance:

jwdesselle
02-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Oh, my, I just downloaded my pictures from Christmas, and the ones that I took of me in just my underwear the day I started IP (Dec. 29th). I cannot believe how different I look. It has not been a ton of pounds but the inches really show. I am so much cuter now....LOL
Glad I took those pictures, it was depressing taking them, but it really shows the difference.....:dance:

Before and After photos really do wonders. :D

GoBears60
02-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Great Kit! I have not had time to looked back! But I will.

But this diet or life style change is great. When I read the birthday suit numbers on the scale this morning....I am no longer MORBID OBESE:coffee:
YIPPEE I AM OBESE!

kitcamper
02-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Congrats GoBears, to some it may not be a big deal but it is !!!!!!
It is progress...:dancer:

leadedge
02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Great Kit! I have not had time to looked back! But I will.

But this diet or life style change is great. When I read the birthday suit numbers on the scale this morning....I am no longer MORBID OBESE:coffee:
YIPPEE I AM OBESE!

Awesome job Bears!! You won the race! They have different terminology in my clinic. I'm still hovering in "At-Risk" (25% plus) but my coach thinks I can slide into "Acceptable" (18-24.99%) in 2 WI. At the start I was 36% and two weeks later it was 31%.

What a great program this is!!

M35A2
02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Awesome job Bears!! You won the race! They have different terminology in my clinic. I'm still hovering in "At-Risk" (25% plus) but my coach thinks I can slide into "Acceptable" (18-24.99%) in 2 WI. At the start I was 36% and two weeks later it was 31%.

Congrats Bears!

Per my scale and a BMI Calculator I've gone from "obese" to just "overweight." For my age my percentage of body fat should be somewhere between 11% and 22% for the healthy catagory. I'm going to shoot for 16% as that would put me right in the middle and give me room to roam around a little. I was also at 36% when I signed up and we'll see Friday how much that has changed.

kitcamper
02-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Made some stuffed mushrooms tonight, used salmon, minced celery and minced up the stems to mix with the salmon. Stuffed them and baked for 20 min. In pan coated with EVOO. They would have been better if I liked salmon.
They were better Sunday when I used hamburger. Maybe next time I will wrap them in Turkey bacon. Hummmm

OneGuyonIP
02-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Hello all,
I am back on the program for a reboot after reaching my goal last year. At least at my clinic, it seems the program has changed a bit. The clinic has us counting carbs through My Fitness Pal, and we are not to exceed 35 a day. They want us to shoot for 30. This has been kind of hard because half of a red bell pepper has 9.5 grams of carb right there. I cut out the peanut butter bars and am now having the oatmeal for my breakfast, which is 12 grams.

Are other clinics encouraging carb counting?

leadedge
02-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Thank you Senna Laxative!!! Wow, these last two days have been uncharted territory in the history of my BMs that is for sure. Right back on schedule now..19lbs gone on the naked scale in 2.5 weeks!:carrot:

wuv2bloved
02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Hello all,
I am back on the program for a reboot after reaching my goal last year. At least at my clinic, it seems the program has changed a bit. The clinic has us counting carbs through My Fitness Pal, and we are not to exceed 35 a day. They want us to shoot for 30. This has been kind of hard because half of a red bell pepper has 9.5 grams of carb right there. I cut out the peanut butter bars and am now having the oatmeal for my breakfast, which is 12 grams.

Are they still making your use your journal or are you just logging into myfitnesspal? I know some clinics are using that app to journal instead of using paper journals...I don't do it at mine, the only thing my people count are the 4 cups of veggies, at least 64 oz of water and 8oz of protein....I keep it simple, its the best way :)

kitcamper
02-07-2013, 09:40 AM
OneGuy, welcome back.
We/I am not counting carbs, just going by the list of acceptable food. And if I was going to be counting carbs, like that I would go back to the Atkins diet. And roll around naked in a pile of cheese. LOL in one of those moods today, been giving my boss heck all morning for "working" from home.

GoBears60
02-07-2013, 11:57 AM
OneGuy, welcome back.
We/I am not counting carbs, just going by the list of acceptable food. And if I was going to be counting carbs, like that I would go back to the Atkins diet. And roll around naked in a pile of cheese. LOL in one of those moods today, been giving my boss heck all morning for "working" from home.

Kit did you see my new number? 271. Catch me if you can!

The coach’s FANCY scale that measures everything...It now tells me I am a 70 year old. I rolled backed the clock 10 years since starting. She was also ecstatic about my visceral fat disappearing and although I went down (You can't use the only word here) 3.6 pounds (Males 5 to 7?) she said I lost 3 and 1/4 inches. But if you think about 3.5 pounds over 7 days that equates to burning 1/2 pound of fat per day. Unbelievable.

The wife also went down 3.5 pounds. She has spent a lot of time shopping for clothes that fit. But like you said, fortunately it has been in her closet
:D

kitcamper
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM
GoBears,
Hopefully mine will change and pass yours on Saturday morning WI. It has been a great week, hoping that will show at WI.

I have learned something new. Well, at least beneficial for me. In the evening after dinner I have a cup of the Laxa Tea, not only is it helping keep me regular, but it really seems to cut done on that wanting to munch from boredom.

OneGuyonIP
02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi Lisa,
First, congrats on being a clinic owner. That is tremendous!

My clinic has everyone journaling on My Fitness Pal because it calculates the carbs. The first go round for me on the diet, it was 1 restricted, 2 non-restricteds, 4 cups of vegetables, and 3 to 8 ozs of protein. Easy. This new carb counting is kind of stressful, but I am hoping it will do away with (or at least mitigate) those weeks in which I didn't loose much last time. We'll see.

HornsFan
02-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey all! Been busy the last couple of days and wanted to jump on and say hello to everyone. I had WI yesterday morning and I am down another 6 lbs. I am also about to hit my first personal goal of breaking the 250 hurdle...I am currently at 252, so I should eclipse that by next week. We have a conference/vacation in Key Biscayne next month on the 7th and my goal when starting was to try and hit between 240-245...so I should eclipse that goal as well, as long as I stay OP. If I continue to lose at the same rate, I would actually be down to about 230-235, which would be pretty damn exhilarating! I would actually weigh less than what I did when I got married 11 years ago. :carrot:

HornsFan
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Hello all,

Hey OneGuy! FWIW...red pepper has been my staple for veggies during lunch. When I travel (like yesterday), all 4 cups of my veggies were red peppers. My clinic does paper journal and I am instructed in the same manner that Lisa is doing her clinic. I was instructed to consume no less than 6 oz. of natural protein and no more than 8 oz. daily. I peed on a keto strip this morning after consuming all that red pepper yesterday (not to mention my strawberry wafer) and I peed pink on the strip indicating that i was still in ketosis. IMHO, I would maintain keeping IP as simple as possible (like you used to do) and follow the same instruction sheet and just measure out your veggies daily. I wouldn't worry what myfitnesspal says...you have done this before with success..."dance with who brung you!"...why does your clinic want to reinvent the wheel??? Just my $.02

M35A2
02-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Hey all! Been busy the last couple of days and wanted to jump on and say hello to everyone. I had WI yesterday morning and I am down another 6 lbs. I am also about to hit my first personal goal of breaking the 250 hurdle...I am currently at 252, so I should eclipse that by next week. :carrot:

That is awsome man! 30 pounds in a month is smokin'!

I've got week 2 WI tomorrow morning and not thinking I'll be doing nearly as good. Our kitchen has been out of comission all week due to a roof leak from our 1 storm this year. They're supposed to be finished today but the last 4 days has been eating out. I've been as OP as possible but know some of the dishes I told them to cook dry were slathered in butter. No intentional cheating but a sneak look at the scale, while showing some progress, isn't what I was shooting for.

Dolemite
02-08-2013, 05:01 AM
So with snowmeggadon upon us I had to stop in lastnight and pick up my food. They will be closed on saturday which would be my WI date. Got on the scale real quick and seemed to have plateaued here in week 3. Not an official complete week, just 5 out of 7 days in and down 1lb.

Guess this makes up for the whopping 14.5 and 9.5 lb WI's my first two weeks. 25lbs in three weeks is not too shabby, I just hope I haven't over done it somewhere with my daily consumption here this week, this is normal right? Didn't get a chance to sit with a coach as they were too busy, but they were kind enough to get me a quick check on the scale. :?:

usmcvet
02-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Several NSVs this morning. I'm on the plane with no extension, walked straight down the isle didn't have to go sideways and on thesaurus into the building everyone had trouble keeping up and I was carrying a backpack and rolling two bags and my laptop bag!

nobylspoon
02-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Counting down the hours. I'm taking a mini vacation into the city (DC) for the weekend as an early Valentines. The resort has an indoor pool and gym so I will probably take advantage of that not to mention all the extra walking I will be getting in while site-seeing.

There's no doubt that I will be exceeding my 8oz of meat this weekend. I have a reservation for Chima Brazilian Steakhouse. Twice a year the really nice restaurants do "Restaurant Week" where dinner is a fixed $35 instead of the usual $60+. Most are fixed menu and wouldn't work on IP but this place has plenty of options. My food journal entry for Sunday will be " > 8oz of steak, chicken, swordfish and salmon"

GoBears60
02-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Snow hit Chicago yesterday. My boss mercifully told us at noon to get the out of here. Some who did not have such a caring bosses, who live around me said it took them 3 hours to get home.

I had a brutal workout in the morning yesterday. I know we are not to push it on this diet, but I did, because I felt so good. Wish I hadn't. Shoveling that heavy snow last night was brutal. But I did it.

I would of never believed in a zillion years, that the hardest thing on this diet would not to exercise to excess. It's like my body has rid itself of 24 pounds and says "I am free, I am free, let's go run!"

BTW I do have a Sears Craftsman 10 hp 2 stage, kick a$$ snowblower. However it told me it was cold and didn't want to work. (Not really, but I wanted the shoulders and back workout and Nature gave it to me for free!)

So those in the Northeast are getting are semi heavy snow storm that left Chicago last night, then another one is coming up from the gulf, and they are going to mate, and make your lives miserable. Unless you love snow.

Here is my emergency list
+ Drinking water.
+ Canned food and IP food
+ A non-electric can opener
+ Cash money. The ATMs will be buried.
+ Batteries.
+ A way of charging your cellphone.
+ Flashlights and candles.
+ Plenty of blankets.
+ A shovel.
+ Packed suitcase in case you need to evacuate quickly.
+Reading glasses.
+ MY IP vitamines.

GoBears60
02-08-2013, 10:02 AM
My food journal entry for Sunday will be " > 8oz of steak, chicken, swordfish and salmon"

My coach says if your going to cheat, cheat with protein.:?:

nobylspoon
02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
My coach says if your going to cheat, cheat with protein.:?:

Cheating with protein will slow your weight loss due to the added calories but at least it won't knock you out of ketosis like cheating with carbs will do.

Grrr... I think I might be developing an allergy to acesulfame potassium. Lately, I have been getting severe stomach cramps after consuming the orange drink and the EAS shakes. It hasn't occurred when I have the chicken soup, strawberry drink, peanut butter crunch bar, jello or my dinner protein.

I created a spreadsheet of all the ingredients and acesulfame potassium is the only one in common that isn't found in my other meals. It appears that this artificial sweetener has a lot of possible side-effects including stomach and digestive problems so I guess I will be avoiding it in the future. What a shame, the orange drink is my favorite post-workout protein.

leadedge
02-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Hey all! Been busy the last couple of days and wanted to jump on and say hello to everyone. I had WI yesterday morning and I am down another 6 lbs. I am also about to hit my first personal goal of breaking the 250 hurdle...I am currently at 252, so I should eclipse that by next week. We have a conference/vacation in Key Biscayne next month on the 7th and my goal when starting was to try and hit between 240-245...so I should eclipse that goal as well, as long as I stay OP. If I continue to lose at the same rate, I would actually be down to about 230-235, which would be pretty damn exhilarating! I would actually weigh less than what I did when I got married 11 years ago. :carrot:

Awesome job Horns!! I've been straddling the 260 mark the last couple of days on the naked scale. I can't wait to hit the 250s!! That is my mini goal for Monday! The clinic scale is usually around 5lbs up so that would give me 20lbs for 3wks which I would be very happy with!

Big workout this morning, throwing around my Ariens snow blower. I did my driveway and three neighbours. That is better than 15mins on the treadmill any day. Funny thing, I bought the snow blower off an 81yr old guy with a cane who thought it was getting tough for him to move. Tough to move??? I'm a pretty strong guy and I struggle with it, I can never figure out how he could move it at all!!!:)

leadedge
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I finally joined MyFitnessPal. That site is great! I can't believe how few calories we are taking in on IP. No wonder the big losses! Yesterday worked out to about 1400 calories!!! Man, I used to eat that before work!!!

M35A2
02-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Bad week food wise. Our kitchen has been down so eating out every night. Still down 2 pounds on WI today. I'm really losing my a$$ though. Down 1.5" Unfortunately it's one of the only thin things on my body so I really don't need to lose much there.

GoBears60
02-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I finally joined MyFitnessPal. That site is great! I can't believe how few calories we are taking in on IP. No wonder the big losses! Yesterday worked out to about 1400 calories!!! Man, I used to eat that before work!!!

How do you put in the salads and vegtables? Guess?

leadedge
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Ya, pretty much. I just guessed on the high side with that stuff.

I'm interested on seeing what you guys eat in a day because the two ladies who are coaching me seem to disagree on how much I should be eating.

B - IP Pack (Usually omelette or drink) + tea (w/2 skim milk)

Snack 1 - IP Pack (Drink)

L - IP Pack (Soup) + Salad + Veggies (Celery (3pc) and/or Pickles (6pc)

Snack 2 -IP Pack (Drink)

D - 8oz Meat + Vegetables (usually grilled Asparagus, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Peppers - generally 2 or 3 of these - likely 4 cups total)

Snack 3 - IP Pack

Plus: I usually have 1 protein bar at night or 2 (one after workout) if I have worked out. Plus all the water and pills.

I sometimes have a couple extra teas during the day.

Does this sound like you guys?

M35A2
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Type in salad in the "search" and it'll give you some choices of salads with different ingredients or actual ones from chain restaurants. Whether it's exact to yours or just close at least it's a filler for the page.

M35A2
02-08-2013, 02:04 PM

I'm interested on seeing what you guys eat in a day because the two ladies who are coaching me seem to disagree on how much I should be eating.

Snack 2 -IP Pack (Drink)

D - 8oz Meat + Vegetables (usually grilled Asparagus, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Peppers - generally 2 or 3 of these - likely 4 cups total)

Snack 3 - IP Pack

Plus: I usually have 1 protein bar at night or 2 (one after workout) if I have worked out. Plus all the water and pills.

B - IP pack - usually a drink unless it's the weekend
L - IP pack, 2 cups veggies (usually steamed broc/caul mix) 4 oz of meat
D - 4 oz meat and 2 cups veggies (usually roasted mix)
S - IP bar or puffs

Right now I'm avg about 950 calories a day. Eating out this week kind of screwed that up but the kitchen will be done today so back to the grind.

leadedge
02-08-2013, 02:22 PM
B - IP pack - usually a drink unless it's the weekend
L - IP pack, 2 cups veggies (usually steamed broc/caul mix) 4 oz of meat
D - 4 oz meat and 2 cups veggies (usually roasted mix)
S - IP bar or puffs

Right now I'm avg about 950 calories a day. Eating out this week kind of screwed that up but the kitchen will be done today so back to the grind.

Man, that isn't much at all!! I guess I have quite a few lbs on you so they give me quite a bit more. One of my ladies were suggesting I wasn't eating enough but I feel fine. In fact I think I may drop one of the daytime snacks. The pkgs sure ain't cheap!

M35A2
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Man, that isn't much at all!! I guess I have quite a few lbs on you so they give me quite a bit more. One of my ladies were suggesting I wasn't eating enough but I feel fine. In fact I think I may drop one of the daytime snacks. The pkgs sure ain't cheap!

I'm supposed to do 3 packs/day, 4 cups veggies, and 8oz protein. I split the protein up between lunch and dinner just to feel like I'm really eating something at lunch.

I went back and checked MyFitnessPal and it turns out there were a couple of days I was actually under 700 calories. Of course that's just from what I enter. I know some of the meals we ate out this week were higher than what is showing up on the chart. When you're not cooking it you have no real way of knowing what all they throw in even though it was just a piece of meat and some vegetables.

HornsFan
02-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Bad week food wise. Our kitchen has been down so eating out every night. Still down 2 pounds on WI today. I'm really losing my a$$ though. Down 1.5" Unfortunately it's one of the only thin things on my body so I really don't need to lose much there.

Considering the circumstances, I would say the 2 lbs. was a victory at WI! :carrot:

Snack 2 -IP Pack (Drink)

Snack 3 - IP Pack

Lead...i am about on par with you. I follow the plan exactly, except I have a morning coffee with 1 tbsp. of heave cream (trading the carbs in skim milk for the calories in the cream which has no carbs). I too consume 8 oz. of meat a night...except when i am on the road working, then i have the prepackaged oscar meyer grilled chicken strips which is 6 oz. The only way i deviate daily is i consume 2 EAS low carb shakes to take in some extra protein to help save some of my lean muscle. I beleive the plan does not account for bigger framed guys with more muscle and i don't think that I would consume enough protein daily sticking strictly to plan. I average between 1300 and 1400 cal daily.

GoBears60
02-08-2013, 02:51 PM

I sometimes have a couple extra teas during the day.[/B]

Remember I am old so I don't have as much muscle as you. Men lose .05% a year after age 19 and after age 31 1% a year. (Studies vary, under age 30, but agree after age 30... Hard to believe that we peak at age 18.

Breakfast IP
Lunch Salad ( around noon)
Snack IP (around 3)
Dinner same as you. (around 7 pm)
Snack IP
Week 1 -8 pounds
week 2 -4 pounds
week 3 -4 pounds
week 4 -4.8 pounds
week 5 -3.6 pounds.

My biggest cheat was last Sunday, I had extra protein.

HornsFan
02-08-2013, 03:01 PM
FWIW...my coach told me after my third WI to go to CVS or Walgreens and get some magnesium citrate. He was concerned about my hydration levels and asked if i had been drinking my water. i told him i probably drink twice what is required. He then asked if i was regular and i told him that i hadn't had any issues and didn't feel constipated and he told me that he thought that i was (i had a very strong disagreement, but didn't want to argue). So like the good client i was, i went and bought some and drank the entire bottle as instructed, followed by the required water...and then we wont talk about what happened over the course of the next day and a half. But he was right and over the two days, i had about an 8 lb drop. Kind of a sickening thought, but even though i wasn't entirely backed up, i was still at some point unknowingly constipated and it was affecting my hydration levels and i was retaining more water causing me to stay stagnant on the scale. So I weigh daily and if i go a couple of days hovering around the same weight, i go to the drugstore and pick up my "elixir" and do a weekly cleanse! Since doing this almost weekly, my graphical data has been at perfection according to him. Just passing the info along if anyone wants to give it a shot to see if some of the non-movement on the scale could be the same type of issue that I experienced.

M35A2
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
FWIW...my coach told me after my third WI to go to CVS or Walgreens and get some magnesium citrate. He was concerned about my hydration levels and asked if i had been drinking my water. i told him i probably drink twice what is required.

Thanks for the info. My coach asked me the same thing about drinking water and I also drink much more than is required. I KNOW I've been having a C problem but I was saving the mag cit for the last resort kind of thing knowing it's potential. Guess I'll give it a shot after all.

GoBears60
02-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the info. My coach asked me the same thing about drinking water and I also drink much more than is required. I KNOW I've been having a C problem but I was saving the mag cit for the last resort kind of thing knowing it's potential. Guess I'll give it a shot after all.

magnesium citrate you can't leave home with it?

HornsFan
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
magnesium citrate you can't leave home with it?

ROFL!!!!!! :rofl:

kitcamper
02-08-2013, 04:14 PM
You boys have gone straight to the TOILET. LOL........

kitcamper
02-08-2013, 08:21 PM
That was so good!!! :hun:
I used hamburger, seasoned it up. Wrapped it in leafs of Savoy cabbage, added WF Ranch Bacon, with green salsa and made tacos. It was totally yummy...
:cp:

leadedge
02-08-2013, 10:38 PM
FWIW...my coach told me after my third WI to go to CVS or Walgreens and get some magnesium citrate. He was concerned about my hydration levels and asked if i had been drinking my water. i told him i probably drink twice what is required. He then asked if i was regular and i told him that i hadn't had any issues and didn't feel constipated and he told me that he thought that i was (i had a very strong disagreement, but didn't want to argue). So like the good client i was, i went and bought some and drank the entire bottle as instructed, followed by the required water...and then we wont talk about what happened over the course of the next day and a half. But he was right and over the two days, i had about an 8 lb drop. Kind of a sickening thought, but even though i wasn't entirely backed up, i was still at some point unknowingly constipated and it was affecting my hydration levels and i was retaining more water causing me to stay stagnant on the scale. So I weigh daily and if i go a couple of days hovering around the same weight, i go to the drugstore and pick up my "elixir" and do a weekly cleanse! Since doing this almost weekly, my graphical data has been at perfection according to him. Just passing the info along if anyone wants to give it a shot to see if some of the non-movement on the scale could be the same type of issue that I experienced.

Ya, thanks Horns! Crazy, but I had the same talk too! My hydration seemed low to her and I've been drinking more than required water. I've been taking laxatives but other than once they haven't worked well at all. I'll try the magnesium citrate tomorrow and see if that helps!

kitcamper
02-09-2013, 08:47 PM
WI today, total down 39 Pounds.....:devil:

M35A2
02-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Way To Go Billie!!

I pulled out the big guns today and used the magnesium citrate. I may have lost a portion of that but at least I didn't waste any gas money driving any where today.

leadedge
02-10-2013, 12:09 PM

Great job, Billie! You'll be skin and bones in no time!

I picked up a "family size" George Foreman grill the other day and it has been the best money I've ever spent. With this diet you can go a bit nuts if you don't change up your veggies once in a while. I've been firing up the grill non stop since I got it! It is especially handy since my lovely BBQ is under 3' of snow right now! If you guys don't have one I'd strongly recommend one. I think mine cost about $90 or so.

Big WI #3 tomorrow. I'm pumped for it. I gotta beat this blockage so I'll hit the mag cit today!!

HornsFan
02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Ya, thanks Horns! Crazy, but I had the same talk too! My hydration seemed low to her and I've been drinking more than required water. I've been taking laxatives but other than once they haven't worked well at all. I'll try the magnesium citrate tomorrow and see if that helps!

Be sure not to plan any activities that would require you to be away from the bathroom for about a day. Do not go anywhere, i repeat, do not go anywhere until after your first couple...just some friendly advice!!! LOL

Great job Billie!

Way To Go Billie!!

I pulled out the big guns today and used the magnesium citrate. I may have lost a portion of that but at least I didn't waste any gas money driving any where today.

That's funny...the big guns...LOL!

Great job, Billie! You'll be skin and bones in no time!

I picked up a "family size" George Foreman grill the other day and it has been the best money I've ever spent. With this diet you can go a bit nuts if you don't change up your veggies once in a while. I've been firing up the grill non stop since I got it! It is especially handy since my lovely BBQ is under 3' of snow right now! If you guys don't have one I'd strongly recommend one. I think mine cost about $90 or so.

Big WI #3 tomorrow. I'm pumped for it. I gotta beat this blockage so I'll hit the mag cit today!!

Didn't think about the Foreman...that would be good for my wife to cook on...kind of hard to screw dinner up using that.

This morning I decided to chop up some baby bella mushrooms and mini sweet peppers and i sautéed them almost to a crisp in some olive oil...i put that into my fine herbs and cheese omelette mix and added a little garlic salt (didn't think about chopping some garlic up till it was too late) and let me tell you...it was awesome!!! This will become my new weekend staple!

cschindel
02-10-2013, 01:41 PM
WI yesterday dropped 6lbs & 4.5inches. Only thing that was weird is my home scale is always lighter than the clinic scale by about 1lb, but this week my home scale is 4lbs heavier than the clinic.... Seems strange that it changed that much in a week. The clinic scale is the one that counts!

randyhall
02-10-2013, 01:52 PM
no more stretching out my Golf shirts or T-shirts!

Ugggh, I do this all the time. Hopefully soon I'll start seeing that difference with the clothes. Congrats on your success so far. Keep it up!

kitcamper
02-10-2013, 07:00 PM
csc, Good job on the drop, My clinic scale is different than mine at home, theirs usually weights 2-3 pound less, than home. And I so wanted it to be 3 yesterday, so I could hit 40 but oh no it just had to be only 2.

randy, it will come....to me to about 30 to notice the shirts, now they are loose, and I am shopping in the closet, for smaller ones. Yeah

HornsFan
02-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Ugggh, I do this all the time. Hopefully soon I'll start seeing that difference with the clothes. Congrats on your success so far. Keep it up!

Yeah man...like Billie said...it will come pretty quickly. I just went through my closet last night and literally pulled out 2 contractor size bags worth of clothes to donate. I will never need them again. I got rid of all my XXX's and most of my XX's...I have quite a few XL's that fit me now and I cant remember the last time that happened!!!

leadedge
02-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah man...like Billie said...it will come pretty quickly. I just went through my closet last night and literally pulled out 2 contractor size bags worth of clothes to donate. I will never need them again. I got rid of all my XXX's and most of my XX's...I have quite a few XL's that fit me now and I cant remember the last time that happened!!!

Oh ya, I can't wait to get back into XLs!! Speaking of that I am chomping at the bit for softball and golf season to start this year!! By then I am hoping to be pretty close to goal and I'm sure it'll make a huge difference in my game. I had shoulder surgery a couple of years ago and my swing was really coming back last year but minus the big gut has to help a lot!

GoBears60
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM

Well congrats kit, I see you passed me, but this is not a race, the war is within ourselves. The real enemy is going off plan. The more I have success on this plan the stronger I get. The enemy hasn’t given up. The voices from unknown parts are always popping in my head.
“One little bite won’t hurt”
“This is costing you a fortune”
“You got it licked, why don’t you relax it a little”
“Dr oz says no more then 2 pounds a week”

Have a great week my fellow IPSU’s

nobylspoon
02-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Just got back from a mini-vacation at National Harbor. I managed to still lose about 3lbs after eating out 3 nights in a row. Fortunately, I worked out all 3 days. I also didn't go overboard at the brazilian steakhouse. Im sure I had more than 8oz of meat but it was less than 12oz. I loaded up on the IP approved veggies at the salad bar.

I think my favorite meal was Elevation Burger. They will replace the bun with a lettuce wrap and their burgers are great (and organic). I did cheat a bit and had some organic bacon on it.

My coach told me I could bring in all of the IP packets containing acesulfame potassium and swap them out with something else. I'm going to be quite limited in what IP products I can have now since they use it in so much. I also wont be able to cut down on the cost with EAS shakes anymore since they use it in theirs too. I need to find a suitable post-workout packet to replace the orange drink I am used to.

leadedge
02-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Well congrats kit, I see you passed me, but this is not a race, the war is within ourselves. The real enemy is going off plan. The more I have success on this plan the stronger I get. The enemy hasn’t given up. The voices from unknown parts are always popping in my head.
“One little bite won’t hurt”
“This is costing you a fortune”
“You got it licked, why don’t you relax it a little”
“Dr oz says no more then 2 pounds a week”

Have a great week my fellow IPSU’s

Funny thing about the cost is add up what you used to spend of going out to eat and snacking on junk food etc., for me its pretty close to a wash!

Great WI this morning, I'm down another 5lbs, for 20lbs overall! I did my measurements and I've shed a total of 13" in three weeks. The big loser was my chest which lost 4". I figured that would be the biggie as I've noticed major shrinkage in the "man boobs" over the last few weeks! This is THE best program ever!!:carrot:

Are u guys doing the MyFitnessPal.com? That thing is fantastic!!! Much better than writing everything down.

M35A2
02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Funny thing about the cost is add up what you used to spend of going out to eat and snacking on junk food etc., for me its pretty close to a wash!

Great WI this morning, I'm down another 5lbs, for 20lbs overall! I did my measurements and I've shed a total of 13" in three weeks. The big loser was my chest which lost 4". I figured that would be the biggie as I've noticed major shrinkage in the "man boobs" over the last few weeks! This is THE best program ever!!:carrot:

Are u guys doing the MyFitnessPal.com? That thing is fantastic!!! Much better than writing everything down.

Congrats on the WI.

I agree on the cost. We ate out most of the time and $5 on IP is better spent than $5 at McD's.

I'm on MFP.com but I've noticed some discrepancies in their calculations. EX: I had 2 cups of rutabaga last night in the form of fries and when I put it in MFP it said 42 carbs and should have been 28 (way too many but still a 3rd higher by them). It's good for easily documenting what you're eating but don't take their word for carbs/calories/etc.

A1Texan
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Congrats on the WI.

I agree on the cost. We ate out most of the time and $5 on IP is better spent than $5 at McD's.

I'm on MFP.com but I've noticed some discrepancies in their calculations. EX: I had 2 cups of rutabaga last night in the form of fries and when I put it in MFP it said 42 carbs and should have been 28 (way too many but still a 3rd higher by them). It's good for easily documenting what you're eating but don't take their word for carbs/calories/etc.
I have found that to M35. In some cases I create my own meals or food items and add everything from a nutritional site. That way I can tweak my own items.

randyhall
02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
My coach told me I could bring in all of the IP packets containing acesulfame potassium and swap them out with something else. I'm going to be quite limited in what IP products I can have now since they use it in so much. I also wont be able to cut down on the cost with EAS shakes anymore since they use it in theirs too. I need to find a suitable post-workout packet to replace the orange drink I am used to.

I'm doing IP now all on my own with alternative products. I have a handful of remaining IP packets, but I'm 95% alternative products now. I really like Dymatize ISO-100 protein powder for shakes since it's 0-1.5 carbs depending on flavor, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 24g protein and contains no acesulfame potassium, no aspartame, and is generally very good tasting. Now that I know the flavors I like, I buy the bigger tubs and it ends up being about $0.80/per shake. YMMV, but just wanted to say that even though EAS shakes are out for you, you're not stuck with the expensive IP shakes as your only option.

nobylspoon
02-11-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm doing IP now all on my own with alternative products. I have a handful of remaining IP packets, but I'm 95% alternative products now. I really like Dymatize ISO-100 protein powder for shakes since it's 0-1.5 carbs depending on flavor, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 24g protein and contains no acesulfame potassium, no aspartame, and is generally very good tasting. Now that I know the flavors I like, I buy the bigger tubs and it ends up being about $0.80/per shake. YMMV, but just wanted to say that even though EAS shakes are out for you, you're not stuck with the expensive IP shakes as your only option.

Thanks, I will check that brand out.

nobylspoon
02-11-2013, 02:01 PM

Reviews looks pretty good for the ISO-100 line. What flavors do you recommend? I was thinking about ordering cookies & cream and gourmet chocolate.

Do these taste ok when mixed with water? Prior to IP I was using a natural protein powder from Vitacost that was sweetened with stevia. It was really good when mixed with almond milk but really bland when mixed with water so I stopped using it on IP.

randyhall
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
nobylspoon: make sure you go for the ISO-100 line, because I think the Elite Gourmet and some others may have acesulfame potassium, but I know the ISO-100 line doesn't.

I've tried all their ISO-100 powders and some of their Elite Gourmet and probably like gourmet chocolate, cookies & cream, and vanilla the best. Probably in that order. Peanut butter is good (I think it's a Fusion 7 flavor not sure if it has AP in it). Banana and piña colada are just ok. The berry one I really disliked, but some people love it, so you'll have to judge for yourself. I think you're safe ordering chocolate and c&c.

I always mix them with water - about 8oz and they have been great. I have one at breakfast, and one at lunch with my veggies. They work ok for a snack too if you need it.

I know dymatize probably isn't perfect, but it's one of the best i've tried in taste and nutrition.

Good luck.

nobylspoon
02-11-2013, 06:48 PM
nobylspoon: make sure you go for the ISO-100 line, because I think the Elite Gourmet and some others may have acesulfame potassium, but I know the ISO-100 line doesn't.

I've tried all their ISO-100 powders and some of their Elite Gourmet and probably like gourmet chocolate, cookies & cream, and vanilla the best. Probably in that order. Peanut butter is good (I think it's a Fusion 7 flavor not sure if it has AP in it). Banana and piña colada are just ok. The berry one I really disliked, but some people love it, so you'll have to judge for yourself. I think you're safe ordering chocolate and c&c.

I always mix them with water - about 8oz and they have been great. I have one at breakfast, and one at lunch with my veggies. They work ok for a snack too if you need it.

I know dymatize probably isn't perfect, but it's one of the best i've tried in taste and nutrition.

Good luck.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered them. It has sucralose which isn't great but as far as IP protocol goes, they use it in almost everything. It's a pretty good price for hyrdolyzed whey.

jwdesselle
02-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Hey guys, and gals. I'm back down to 142 from my peak of 146.8 from over-doing Mardi Grass a little. LOL It's Tuesday and I got up at 5:30 to have coffee, see the partner rush off to work...now I get to go back to bed!! I love having a day off in the middle of the week.

leadedge
02-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Hey dudes! I took Kits advice and went with the laxative tea. It is fantastic! Here in Canada it is called Lee's Dieter's Tea for Body Balance. Just a cup at bedtime (it is decaf) and it works like magic!

M35A2
02-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Finally got my ticker so I can feel like part of the club :broc:

GoBears60
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
FAT TUESDAY IS HERE! I have been known to inhale large quantities of all sorts foods on this day in the past.

Me thinks I will just stick with the IP plan.
----
Those looking to indulge this Fat Tuesday won't have a problem in places like Detroit and Chicago, where bakeries across the city sell mouthwatering and lard-filled Polish doughnuts in honor of Pączki Day. But for those who want to celebrate the day dedicated to a doughnut while practicing restraint, things can get a little tricky.

While New Orleans might kick off the Catholic fasting season of Lent with the huge party known as Mardi Gras, those in the Detroit area, as well as Chicago, Cleveland and other cities in the U.S., celebrate the beginning of Lent by chomping down on a special type of doughnut called a pączki. The high-calorie fried treats filled with jelly originally come from eastern Europe and have gained popularity in Metro Detroit thanks to the region's Polish community.

M35A2
02-12-2013, 10:20 AM
"Mmmm, doughnuts." Homer Simpson

Since I don't want to look like Homer any more I'll stay OP.

nobylspoon
02-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Finally got my ticker so I can feel like part of the club :broc:

Woot! It's a great motivational tool to have.

GoBears60
02-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Valentine’s day coming up on Thursday. No box of chocolates for the Sweetie this year! Actually with our WI on Wednesday evening, and the Grand kids staying with us Friday-Sunday, taking my soul mate out for dinner on Thursday was very challenging. All the restaurants that I know that are IP friendly were booked. So researching menus, calling and asking how vegetables are cooked was very time consuming, but I finally found one for Thursday at the right time!

Belt moved in a notch today, but scale has barely moved this week.

I am having a hard time holding back with exercise. Today every muscle in my body was saying “Let’s go!” “No Pain, no gain”, “Pain is good, sever pain is severely good!”

What is that line in the original Star Wars? “Stay on target”, “Stay on target”….

leadedge
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Valentine’s day coming up on Thursday. No box of chocolates for the Sweetie this year! Actually with our WI on Wednesday evening, and the Grand kids staying with us Friday-Sunday, taking my soul mate out for dinner on Thursday was very challenging. All the restaurants that I know that are IP friendly were booked. So researching menus, calling and asking how vegetables are cooked was very time consuming, but I finally found one for Thursday at the right time!

Belt moved in a notch today, but scale has barely moved this week.

I am having a hard time holding back with exercise. Today every muscle in my body was saying “Let’s go!” “No Pain, no gain”, “Pain is good, sever pain is severely good!”

What is that line in the original Star Wars? “Stay on target”, “Stay on target”….

I've been doing very light treadmill work twice a week. However, my kid had a hockey practice after the big snow storm we had on Friday and because we had only a few show the head coach decided to run a scrimmage players vs coaches for 50 min! I usually just stand around yelling at kids and running drills but now I had to actually skate! Needless to say I was wolfin' down a protein bar as soon as we got home. That and all the snow blowing is giving me plenty of a workout!

kitcamper
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Goodness, it is only Tuesday, I am really ready for Friday already. Peen a good week so far, if you did not throw work in there.

GoBears60
02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
My cellmate and the warden have both given up SUGAR/CAFINEE drinks for lent. They are miserable hence I am miserable.:mad:

No I am not in prison but some time I feel like I am:devil:

kitcamper
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
That is why it is a four letter word "work".:eek:
It has just been a crazy day here also, the boss is doing the "dash" diet. One of my inspectors is doing IP and she is less than 4 pounds from her goal and another one is on South Beach, not a pizza to be found.

GoBears60
02-13-2013, 04:15 PM
That is why it is a four letter word "work".:eek:
It has just been a crazy day here also, the boss is doing the "dash" diet. One of my inspectors is doing IP and she is less than 4 pounds from her goal and another one is on South Beach, not a pizza to be found.

I have my WI in a few hours. 2 hours 5 minutes to be exact. I don't think I am going to pass you. I know you have been worried about it, but the scale barely moved this week.

Back to the salt mines....

kitcamper
02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
The key is too, keep trucking. I know me and the scale have talks each morning. I will stay the same for a couple of days and then it moves. I do not have a WI this weekend. I will just have to keep track at home. The nice thing is the clinic scale weighs 2-3 pound less than mine at home. So, it has been till this morning that mine matches the clinics. But, it is working.

GoBears60
02-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Down 1.6 pounds, but it knocked me into the 260's.:) Coach was looking at the fancy scale and knew I had been exercising to excess. Well Yea it was one of those week. Heavy wet snow needed shoveling, my 1 hour boot camp last Thursday, on my feet and walking for four hours at the Chicago Auto-show, Boot camp again on Tuesday and I knew my weigh in numbers were going to be crap so I snuck in some class let left me dripping in sweat and fighting the urge not to black out yesterday--not smart. Yea I am exercising too much. So this week my plan will be to scale that way back and stick to plan.

Dolemite
02-14-2013, 10:36 AM
I hear you on that wet snow! With that blizzard I had two days of shoveling that stuff. Took me out of commission for Monday and Tuesday. I felt wicked sore and overly tired. Wednesday I bounced back at work, felt the energy again and even went on two 15 minute walks! This is the first I have introduced any kind of exercise to this diet. I am about 4 weeks in and I hope that it improves my lifestyle. Sitting in a chair doing desk work for 50 hours a week is too much. I decided once in the morning and once in the afternoon I would take a walk around the parking lots. Just so happens my route takes 15 minutes, so an added 30 minutes of walking to my day! Hope my coach doesn't mind!

leadedge
02-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Down 1.6 pounds, but it knocked me into the 260's.:) Coach was looking at the fancy scale and knew I had been exercising to excess. Well Yea it was one of those week. Heavy wet snow needed shoveling, my 1 hour boot camp last Thursday, on my feet and walking for four hours at the Chicago Auto-show, Boot camp again on Tuesday and I knew my weigh in numbers were going to be crap so I snuck in some class let left me dripping in sweat and fighting the urge not to black out yesterday--not smart. Yea I am exercising too much. So this week my plan will be to scale that way back and stick to plan.

I was keeping the exercise to a minimum until today. I joined my daughter's school on a ski trip. Although, I used to be a competitive skier 25 years ago (that was also 70+ pounds ago) I was bushed by the end of it. Plus I forgot my protein bars at home! I made it through on my morning IP packet and a salad for lunch and a quickie packet at about 3pm. I was pretty drained by the time I got home and was happy to get some meat and veggies in me for dinner!! Those bars are my savior when I have my blasts of exercise!:)

GoBears60
02-15-2013, 09:29 AM
I was keeping the exercise to a minimum until today. I joined my daughter's school on a ski trip. Although, I used to be a competitive skier 25 years ago (that was also 70+ pounds ago) I was bushed by the end of it. Plus I forgot my protein bars at home! I made it through on my morning IP packet and a salad for lunch and a quickie packet at about 3pm. I was pretty drained by the time I got home and was happy to get some meat and veggies in me for dinner!! Those bars are my savior when I have my blasts of exercise!:)

I read someplace yesterday that muscles retain water when they are exercised. Still reasearching that

kitcamper
02-15-2013, 10:57 AM
:No, WI this week, the gal at the clinic is gone tomorrow. But, I finally hit the -40 mark on the scale at home. Mine weighs 2-3 pounds more than theirs.
So, doing the happy dance.....:dance:

M35A2
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Congrats Billie!

WK 3 WI today -3. Coach is a little concerned that I'm not losing more than I have been. Last week was an aberration due to the kitchen being torn up but still less than expected this week. I have to take photos of all of our vitamins and their ingredients. She said a lot of OTC vitamins use vegitable fillers so could be hitting me with extra carbs.

She's leaving next Wed for an IP seminar in New Orleans so will be gone for my regularly scheduled WI. I'm going in Tues with my wife for her WI and will do one then. Until Tue I'm going to go with out any Restricteds and see if that helps. Also going to up the Smooth Move Tea as I'm only going about every 3rd day or so.

Still I'm happy that I'm losing so will keep plugging along. We'll see if the minor adjustments help any more.

GoBears60
02-15-2013, 12:55 PM
I read someplace yesterday that muscles retain water when they are exercised. Still reasearching that
According to ehow...click here (http://www.ehow.com/facts_5579501_do-retain-water-after-exercise_.html)

An intense workout, especially one with weight-lifting, can cause the body to retain water because water is attending to those muscles that are working overtime. Strengthening muscles or muscles that have been pulled or torn are areas where water travels to in order to heal.

Considerations
You are not drinking enough water. When your body does not have enough water to keep the body hydrated, it tends to store or collect the water you do take in because it does not know when more will be coming. Drinking enough water allows your body to stop preserving, and you will notice less water retention

nobylspoon
02-15-2013, 02:44 PM
It seems that as I get closer to my goal weight my interest in high risk activities increases. Perhaps this is my body's way of maintaining balance. As my health improves and my life extends my mind becomes filled with ideas to potentially shorten it again...

Rock climbing is the latest thing to peak my interest. It's nice to have a goal in mind when hitting the gym (besides just weight loss). It's something that takes a lot of both upper and lower body strength.

I'm also planning to go sky diving this summer. I'm just 10lbs away from not having to pay a fat tax :)

I wonder what will peak my interests next...

kitcamper
02-15-2013, 03:37 PM
You are crazy Nobyl, why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
You unlike me are not scared of heights.

HornsFan
02-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Hey fellas...been a few days since I have been able to hop on. I had my WI on Wednesday and I was down -5. I came in at 247...which puts me officially at -35 lbs since starting IP and down -42 lbs since Xmas. I am at the point where everyone has started taking notice and asking me about my weight loss and what I am doing. I am trying my hardest to send people over to my clinic cuz I get a free week of food for every referral (that starts IP of course). Being that I live in South Texas which is the diabetes capital of the world (all that damn Mexican food...I would really like to chow down on some greasy, cheesy enchiladas :no:) I figure that I have an endless supply of people that need IP and in return I could to this diet at no cost! My wife is extremely happy also..she has lost about 21 lbs. Life is great and God is good. I feel very blessed to have found IP. It has really been a life changer for us.

On a separate note...the local bbq joint will save my arse during Lent...they are serving smoked catfish every Friday and it was very tasty! I know where I will be every Friday!

M35A2
02-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Congrats Hornsfan!

The way you're going you might just beat me to 190. I'd offer to race you but I was told no cardio on P1.