Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 1/21/2013

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 1/21/2013

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 06:58 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. day to all! I work for a university, so I am off today. I am finally going to try to bake some of the recipes on here with the packets-pudding cookies and muffins, cereal pancakes and tomato basil soup flat bread.

I was super hungry all week, but stayed on program and am just taking it one day at a time, which I find less overwhelming than thinking about the weeks ahead. I walked each day last week and am feeling very determined.

I wish everyone a wonderful day on program!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Good morning all ! such a good feeling to be back on track! -6.7 lbs in one week and hoping to reach 10 down by this friday or Saturday! You can do it...... we all can... one day at a time, one meal at a time :) Have a great OP day!

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm off too!
I start with my WI at 8 ct. I have a sore back so the inflammation will probably show up on the scale.

Then I'm making stir fried veggies for the week along with some veggie soup (might want to try this for the hungries!)
I also have some bell peppers & zucchini I need to chop & shred and freeze before they go bad.
I've decided I'm gonna grow peppers & zucchini in my small garden spot at our condo this year. Better veggies than flowers! I might put in some chives too.

I'm taking DH to lunch for the last day of his extended birthday weekend. Lots of celebrating. Lots of going out. All OP. So easy to eat OP in restaurants if you plan ahead and focus on what you CAN have, rather than what you're missing!

Happy Monday!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-21-2013, 08:05 AM
I found sugar free / fat free / carb free JELLO a great saviour!

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Official W.I. tomorrow but her scale is always wrong (LOL). MINE said 199.6 again today. I hit One-derland earlier in the week, but seemed to go back up a wee bit, just to keep me humble. Well, Onederland, I'm here again -- let's hope the coach's scale says so too but since I can't stand "nekked" in her office, I'm okay if the "clothing weight" puts me over LOL

My boys are home sick today so I feel like I'm having a day off. However, they don't "rest" very well, so I'm sure it won't be a very relaxing day. When I'm sick, I lie in bed and SLEEP.... why do kids not get that concept??

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 08:10 AM

Yay! I'll get some lime today! Totally forgot about sugar free jello (in moderation like walden farms products)

These icons are funny...this one is appropriate for what I am doing right now
:coffee:

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 08:12 AM

Did you find a brand without aspartame? Aspartame is NOT recommended for IP

bubbleblower
01-21-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm off too!

I'm taking DH to lunch for the last day of his extended birthday weekend. Lots of celebrating. Lots of going out. All OP. So easy to eat OP in restaurants if you plan ahead and focus on what you CAN have, rather than what you're missing!

You're so right, Lisa! I've been eating out all weekend also, and probably will do the same today since I have the day off, too. You're very right that all it takes is planning ahead and focusing on what you *can* have! I've had some really terrific meals, from smoked/grilled salmon salad, to Filet Mignon, and grilled chicken and shrimp. I've also been switching my lunch and dinner so my biggest meal is in the middle of the day.

Hope you all have a great start to the week!! I'm looking for another 100% week on my end, so I can start chipping away at my last ten pounds!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm off too!
I start with my WI at 8 ct
Then I'm making stir fried veggies for the week along with some veggie soup (might want to try this for the hungries!)
I also have some bell peppers & zucchini I need to chop & shred and freeze before they go bad.
I've decided I'm gonna grow peppers & zucchini in my small garden spot at our condo this year. Better veggies than flowers! I might put in some chives too.

Happy Monday!

Congratulations on getting through the restaurants this weekend! I recall from the first time on this, it can be quite easy to stay op (love the online menus). I'm growing veggies this year again too. I have to wait until at least April or I'll plant and then get hit with a surprise snow storm.

I just discovered all the zucchini recipes on the board and will be getting some zucchini today as well to make "faux apple" yum :)

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm off too!

Happy Monday!

A gardener I ain't. I bought 6 "herb" plants to have as an indoor herb garden. I felt very "cosmo". When I went to look at them on the lovely window ledge I had placed them on, they were dried out mummies. I forgot that right above the window ledge in the basement was a heating duct blowing hot air on them for days. Le sigh. At least I had "fresh" dried spices for a day! LOL

I am picturing your condo with sprawling zuchini taking over your deck and climbing up the wall! LOL. I'm sure there is a garden, but I prefer my mental picture of you growing Zuchini in a deck planter. Zuchini I can usually manage to not kill. Peppers? I plant 10 plants and get one or two motley coloured pepper. So I'm stuck with getting the DDT sprayed ones from some tropical country. The only thing I can grow in abundance is tomatoes -- which I'm only allowed 2x a week. Go figure.

Dinie89
01-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Today's a great day =) -- it's only -45 degrees but my Boyfriend is officially going to be joining IP with me- will be nice to not have the tempting Stuff in thr house anymore and support him like he dose me =) - my coach is on holidays for 3weeks *lucky soo cold here* so he's gonna be starting when she gets back =)

Dolemite
01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Hello All! I am new to the forum and the diet. Just started IP last Thursday! Got about 175lbs to lose, I am 6ft male and will be working on my late 30's next month.

So far so good! I have been following the diet very close, have not even had to eat more then the 3 packs a day during the first week! I called my coach and found out the JELLO, sugar free, was allowed once a day, its been a savior for that afternoon sweet shot! I keep my sweet Restricteds for after dinner deserts a few hours before I go to bed.

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. day to all! I work for a university, so I am off today. I am finally going to try to bake some of the recipes on here with the packets-pudding cookies and muffins, cereal pancakes and tomato basil soup flat bread.

I was super hungry all week, but stayed on program and am just taking it one day at a time, which I find less overwhelming than thinking about the weeks ahead. I walked each day last week and am feeling very determined.

Have fun with your IP baking!

Good morning all ! such a good feeling to be back on track! -6.7 lbs in one week and hoping to reach 10 down by this friday or Saturday! You can do it...... we all can... one day at a time, one meal at a time :) Have a great OP day!

-6.7 lbs :bravo:
I'm off too!
I start with my WI at 8 ct. I have a sore back so the inflammation will probably show up on the scale.

Hoping you had a visit from the woosh fairy.

Official W.I. tomorrow but her scale is always wrong (LOL). MINE said 199.6 again today. I hit One-derland earlier in the week, but seemed to go back up a wee bit, just to keep me humble. Well, Onederland, I'm here again -- let's hope the coach's scale says so too but since I can't stand "nekked" in her office, I'm okay if the "clothing weight" puts me over LOL

My boys are home sick today so I feel like I'm having a day off. However, they don't "rest" very well, so I'm sure it won't be a very relaxing day. When I'm sick, I lie in bed and SLEEP.... why do kids not get that concept??

I think it's a boy thing. My daughter spends the day sleeping when she is sick, but my 9 yo DS is usually bouncing off the walls.

You're so right, Lisa! I've been eating out all weekend also, and probably will do the same today since I have the day off, too. You're very right that all it takes is planning ahead and focusing on what you *can* have! I've had some really terrific meals, from smoked/grilled salmon salad, to Filet Mignon, and grilled chicken and shrimp. I've also been switching my lunch and dinner so my biggest meal is in the middle of the day.

Hope you all have a great start to the week!! I'm looking for another 100% week on my end, so I can start chipping away at my last ten pounds!

I have been switching lunch and dinner a couple times a week, but am thinking of making that permanent as a Monday-Friday thing. On the weekends I'll play it by ear. I feel satisfied longer when I have a big lunch, and then the salad and veggies for dinner. When I do that, I actually can wait to have my snack until the evening.

A gardener I ain't. I bought 6 "herb" plants to have as an indoor herb garden. I felt very "cosmo". When I went to look at them on the lovely window ledge I had placed them on, they were dried out mummies. I forgot that right above the window ledge in the basement was a heating duct blowing hot air on them for days. Le sigh. At least I had "fresh" dried spices for a day! LOL

I am picturing your condo with sprawling zuchini taking over your deck and climbing up the wall! LOL. I'm sure there is a garden, but I prefer my mental picture of you growing Zuchini in a deck planter. Zuchini I can usually manage to not kill. Peppers? I plant 10 plants and get one or two motley coloured pepper. So I'm stuck with getting the DDT sprayed ones from some tropical country. The only thing I can grow in abundance is tomatoes -- which I'm only allowed 2x a week. Go figure.

I haven't done very well with the vegetable gardens either. I typically have 1-2 pots on our deck with tomatoes and cucumbers. I have a tough time remembering to water them, and also have an issue with wild animals. Last summer something kept digging up my tomato plants, and then decided to poop in the middle of the pot.

After that, I just started stopping at a local farmers stand to buy fresh picked produce. I'm fortunate because they set up the stand only 2 miles from my house.

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 08:38 AM
:welcome2: Dolemite!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Hello All! I am new to the forum and the diet. Just started IP last Thursday! Got about 175lbs to lose, I am 6ft male and will be working on my late 30's next month.

So far so good! I have been following the diet very close, have not even had to eat more then the 3 packs a day during the first week! I called my coach and found out the JELLO, sugar free, was allowed once a day, its been a savior for that afternoon sweet shot! I keep my sweet Restricteds for after dinner deserts a few hours before I go to bed.

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Be sure to read through the sticky thread for tips/ideas/recipes/answers to FAQ.

No worries if you need an extra pudding or drink packet the first week, it doesn't affect your weight loss, in fact, I found I lost more when I added the extra pack the first week, but every body is different and responds differently. Keep up the fantastic work-it is SOOOOOO worth it!!!!:carrot:

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:41 AM

WELCOME! Glad to have you join us! I'm glad to hear you only need 3 packs but I know my coach let me have 4 for the first week or two if I needed it.

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Today's a great day =) -- it's only -45 degrees but my Boyfriend is officially going to be joining IP with me- will be nice to not have the tempting Stuff in thr house anymore and support him like he dose me =) - my coach is on holidays for 3weeks *lucky soo cold here* so he's gonna be starting when she gets back =)

The support you both can offer each other will be awesome. I don't see any reason why he can't do a weigh and measure at home and start now to cut some of the carbs back and join you in eating all the salads etc. It may mean no "start up pains" later. I would definitely weigh in now though, because he'll lose weight before even starting the plan, and then he'll know how far he came :)

maezy1
01-21-2013, 08:48 AM

Welcome!:smug:

IP is a great program and the men I know on it have done wonderfully. My pharmacist has lost over 200lbs and he is still going strong. HE and I have a great IP chat every month.
Im off today as well and excited for a fun day, nothing big planned, just in a great mood. :D
Have a happy IP day yall!!!!

mrskuby
01-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone! Had a great OP weekend! Went out to eat and ate at a friend's house and stayed OP! I stepped on the scale this morning and it appears I am down 1.5 lbs since Thursday! I know we aren't sposed to weigh daily...but I do! LOL. I am only 3 lbs from my mini goal of 165 so I am watching closely! Plus it is so satisfying to see the scale reflect the discipline I am putting into this program.

Yesterday I had to go to my brother's new house and help him figure out why the water heater wasn't working. So that put me a bit off of my paln for the day but i brought an RTD and a Pure Protein bar and I was fine. Until I got home and realized that it was 4:30 and I hadn't had any veggies yet! So I grabbed the half of a jicama from the fridge, sliced it up like fries, added a bit of olive oil, some WF syrup and chinese five spice and baked them. What a great snack! Loved it! Kinda like apple flavor with syrup flavor...I will def do that again!

Anyways, Have a great day!!

evepet
01-21-2013, 08:50 AM
So easy to eat OP in restaurants if you plan ahead and focus on what you CAN have, rather than what you're missing!

Happy Monday!

Not trying to be a Pollyanna, but imo that's a good attitude for life in general.... focus on the positives in your life rather than the negatives. Have an 'Attitude of Gratitude'.

:hug::hug: to you Lisa, for the turmoil you're going through right now figuring out what you can eat, etc. re the thyroid/gluten situation. If anybody has the stamina and determination to see it through though, I believe that YOU do!

BTW, if you're growing zucchini and/or cukes this summer, watch out for powdery mildew. It is a fairly frequent problem for these plants (as I found out last year). If you see symptoms of it on your plants, get on it really quickly to address the issue. I may well have just bought bad nursery plants last year, but it eventually destroyed them. Really frustrating, as I soooo wanted to be successful in growing zukes. I tried several remedies (natural-based, as I was doing my best to grow organic veggies) but in the end had to give up on the zukes. But - to be positive - I had very tasty home-grown organic plum tomatoes and several bell and jalapeno peppers. And my herb garden was super. Made for some delicious salads. :)

PepperTown
01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Lovin' what the scale is telling me today :D Can't wait for my WI!!!

Leaving for Florida in a few days :cool:

Dinie89
01-21-2013, 08:55 AM
The support you both can offer each other will be awesome. I don't see any reason why he can't do a weigh and measure at home and start now to cut some of the carbs back and join you in eating all the salads etc. It may mean no "start up pains" later. I would definitely weigh in now though, because he'll lose weight before even starting the plan, and then he'll know how far he came :)

He eats lots of the non IP package approved things already- he's just worried that since he works 9-10 hour days always moving that he will always feel hungry so it's gonna be a big big change for him - I am extremely excited he wants to join =) - since I started IP in November he had lost 12 lbs and wants to see the scale move some more just from cutting back on bread and sauces =) it's going to be a great journey together I can't wait =)

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-21-2013, 08:59 AM

TOTALLY got ya on this as I have been familiar with IP since 2010 HOWEVER boyfriend has to watch his sugar intake thus drinks / eats only sugar free items.... so for example on a cold sunday afternoon sitting in front of the tv....... watching him EAT.......... I grabbed like 1/2 a cup of the jello. Did not affect ketosis.........or weight......and kept me 'good'. Just took itty bitty 'bites' to make it last as long as possible. Top that with tonnes of water and spinach only salad for a snack

IP43
01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
He eats lots of the non IP package approved things already- he's just worried that since he works 9-10 hour days always moving that he will always feel hungry so it's gonna be a big big change for him - I am extremely excited he wants to join =)

I'm sure if he's an "active" type at work, he'll be able to have an extra packet, but his reality is that he's got long hours and that's not going to change. He'll find a way to make it work since he wants to. And the extra energy you'll BOTH have will be worth it. Best wishes! Looks like he'll have a few new male IPEEP friends on here to chat to as well. You just won't be able to talk about him if he joins 3FC too ;)

evepet
01-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Yay! I'll get some lime today! Totally forgot about sugar free jello (in moderation like walden farms products)

These icons are funny...this one is appropriate for what I am doing right now
:coffee:

I've used the sugar free jello occasionally, but I agree with those who suggest avoiding the ones that have asparatame. I've sometimes used a Knox gelatine packet, and flavored it with MIO.

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm off too!
I start with my WI at 8 ct. I have a sore back so the inflammation will probably show up on the scale....

Happy Monday!
Lisa-
Fresh grown veggies sounds so wonderful! I now have a New Year's resolution, grow some veggies! Hope you have a good WI, you deserve it. Hope you and DH have a great day, you deserve that too!!!

Today's a great day =) -- it's only -45 degrees but my Boyfriend is officially going to be joining IP with me-

Well, yay, that's great!! :)

Welcome Dolemite!! Glad to see you here. Also, be sure to check out the "Men on IP" thread. It's the one place you won't have to hear about women's hormones or "time of month!" :smug: Seriously, the guys there are great and very supportive, as are the ladies and gents here.

Excellent loss!! Congrats!

Yesterday I had to go to my brother's new house and help him figure out why the water heater wasn't working. So that put me a bit off of my paln for the day but i brought an RTD and a Pure Protein bar and I was fine. Until I got home and realized that it was 4:30 and I hadn't had any veggies yet! So I grabbed the half of a jicama from the fridge, sliced it up like fries, added a bit of olive oil, some WF syrup and chinese five spice and baked them. What a great snack! Loved it! Kinda like apple flavor with syrup flavor...I will def do that again!

Anyways, Have a great day!!

I admire your flexibility in adjusting to the situation in a 100% OP manner. WTG! :carrot:

MustangMolly
01-21-2013, 09:18 AM

Where????

MustangMolly
01-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Need suggestions on where to buy vitamins that are comprable to the IP products.

PepperTown
01-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Perhaps your so hungry because you're walking. Maybe you could have another meal.

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Where????

its just the regular jello 'sugar free'....... but like the others said check the label for aspartame.

However for ME.......its a good emergency fill in...... better the altenative I used to go for wine and cheese :)

MustangMolly
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
its just the regular jello 'sugar free'....... but like the others said check the label for aspartame.

However for ME.......its a good emergency fill in...... better the altenative I used to go for wine and cheese :)

Oh okay. I thought maybe it one made with Splenda, I love jello and even like to drink it. And good for you finding an alternative to wine and cheese, I miss both of those!

Cheekyskeeter
01-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Happy Monday everyone!

LizJazz
01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Is it okay to split up our veggies? Like can I have 1 cup for breakfast and 1 cup for lunch instead of 2 cups for lunch?

evepet
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Is it okay to split up our veggies? Like can I have 1 cup for breakfast and 1 cup for lunch instead of 2 cups for lunch?

Yes, in fact lots of folks here blend 1 cup or so of spinach into their chocolate shakes for breakfast.

Willi
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM

Where did you find it?

evepet
01-21-2013, 12:14 PM
This may be a TMI post, but I'm really curious about something. Another poster started a thread today about having problems getting & staying asleep and their coach told them it was important to get a minimum of 6 hrs uninterrupted sleep to stay in ketosis.

I can't understand how that would be possible - it's been my experience that I wake up approximately 3x/night due to the urge to pee. Thankfully, I do fall back asleep easily. Even now, months into the dieting, this is still the case. So it's impossible for me to stay in uninterrupted sleep for 6 hrs.

Is there something wrong with my 'waterworks' or is this a common situation with you folks too?

mrskuby
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
This may be a TMI post, but I'm really curious about something. Another poster started a thread today about having problems getting & staying asleep and their coach told them it was important to get a minimum of 6 hrs uninterrupted sleep to stay in ketosis.

I can't understand how that would be possible - it's been my experience that I wake up approximately 3x/night due to the urge to pee. Thankfully, I do fall back asleep easily. Even now, months into the dieting, this is still the case. So it's impossible for me to stay in uninterrupted sleep for 6 hrs.

Is there something wrong with my 'waterworks' or is this a common situation with you folks too?

I have had the same experience...I sleep really well (better than I have in years actually) while I am sleeping but I do wake up to pee usually once around 12-1 am then again around 5 am...:p

IP43
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Yikes -- sorry you two! I hit the pillow, and I'm out till mornin'! Of course I don't go to SLEEP till midnight, so whether I get 6 hrs is debateable. But if in doubt as your dr. about the frequency of having to get up.

Really, we are drinking a lot of water, so it may make sense that you have to go more than when you weren't drinking enough.

Edit: Upon reflection I realized that I don't sleep all night but for diff reason -- I have a sleepwalking kid that sqwacks all night long and yells "Mom" every few hours. I just WISHED I was out till morning!

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 12:25 PM
evepet- same here. I try not to drink any water after 8pm, so then I only have to get up once maybe twice.

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Where did you find it?

Sugar free jello? walmart, grocery store etc.

kileymed13
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Evpet- I usually get up once during the night to go to the bathroom. I have no trouble falling back to sleep and feel well rested every morning. I do tend to drink water until I go to bed but I am fine with it because I feel so good in the morning.

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-21-2013, 12:36 PM

I found this online:

A high-protein diet is a diet in which 20 percent or more of your calories each day come from protein. It also emphasizes a restriction on carbohydrates, causing the body to burn stored body fat rather than glucose for energy. This process is called "ketosis," which is possibly one reason why you may urinate more when you follow a protein diet. A more likely reason is the fact that a protein diets generally includes increased water consumption

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-21-2013, 12:39 PM

Kind of makes sense:

Protein Diets and KetosisKetosis occurs when the body takes in less than 100g of carbohydrates per day. Protein diets typically limit carb intake to less than 50g per day--and many keep it at less than 20g per day during the first two weeks (also known as the "induction" phase). This causes the body to form ketones, or molecules that form during the breakdown of fat. Most ketones are harmless and are even beneficial when used for energy. However, acetone is a ketone that is not used for energy, and is simply emitted from the body as waste. This is possibly one reason why someone following a protein diet may tend to urinate frequently.

SummaryMedical experts have expressed concern about the long-term effects of high protein diets on the kidneys, liver and heart. However, such plans have proven to assist with weight loss, and there is no evidence that protein diets will have a negative impact on overall health. Either way, chances are that anyone who urinates frequently while following a protein plan is doing things right--as it likely means the increased water intake and ketosis are simply at work.

IP43
01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Having my first "egg salad" with WF dressing on top of the greens. It's not a great mayo but I haven't had egg salad for awhile. A nice change!

jmuroff1
01-21-2013, 01:11 PM
TOM has finally left the building so im hoping for a nice whoosh when i weigh in on friday!! moving into my new house this weekend and im so excited! i have so much packing to do so im definitely getting some exercise! hope everyone has a great OP day! I know i will :)

evepet
01-21-2013, 01:29 PM
I have had the same experience...I sleep really well (better than I have in years actually) while I am sleeping but I do wake up to pee usually once around 12-1 am then again around 5 am...:p

Yikes -- sorry you two! I hit the pillow, and I'm out till mornin'! Of course I don't go to SLEEP till midnight, so whether I get 6 hrs is debateable. But if in doubt as your dr. about the frequency of having to get up.

Really, we are drinking a lot of water, so it may make sense that you have to go more than when you weren't drinking enough.

Edit: Upon reflection I realized that I don't sleep all night but for diff reason -- I have a sleepwalking kid that sqwacks all night long and yells "Mom" every few hours. I just WISHED I was out till morning!

evepet- same here. I try not to drink any water after 8pm, so then I only have to get up once maybe twice.

Evpet- I usually get up once during the night to go to the bathroom. I have no trouble falling back to sleep and feel well rested every morning. I do tend to drink water until I go to bed but I am fine with it because I feel so good in the morning.

I found this online:

A high-protein diet is a diet in which 20 percent or more of your calories each day come from protein. It also emphasizes a restriction on carbohydrates, causing the body to burn stored body fat rather than glucose for energy. This process is called "ketosis," which is possibly one reason why you may urinate more when you follow a protein diet. A more likely reason is the fact that a protein diets generally includes increased water consumption

Kind of makes sense:

Protein Diets and KetosisKetosis occurs when the body takes in less than 100g of carbohydrates per day. Protein diets typically limit carb intake to less than 50g per day--and many keep it at less than 20g per day during the first two weeks (also known as the "induction" phase). This causes the body to form ketones, or molecules that form during the breakdown of fat. Most ketones are harmless and are even beneficial when used for energy. However, acetone is a ketone that is not used for energy, and is simply emitted from the body as waste. This is possibly one reason why someone following a protein diet may tend to urinate frequently.

SummaryMedical experts have expressed concern about the long-term effects of high protein diets on the kidneys, liver and heart. However, such plans have proven to assist with weight loss, and there is no evidence that protein diets will have a negative impact on overall health. Either way, chances are that anyone who urinates frequently while following a protein plan is doing things right--as it likely means the increased water intake and ketosis are simply at work.

Thanks guys for responding. I guess I could probably cut back on my nightly 'interruptions' by starting to limit liquids earlier in the evening. I tend to enjoy drinking a couple of cups of decaf tea fairly late into the evening too, and that no doubt contributes to my frequent 'wake-ups'. I feel good and never feel tired, so I'm not too worried about it.

A1Texan
01-21-2013, 01:36 PM
After 4 long days in Vegas (Where I lost more money than weight), I came away with (according to my trusty home scale) a one pound loss. I will take this small victory knowing that I didn't partake in any alcoholic beverages and stayed true to IP. Some of the difficulties I faced (besides the flashing lights and enticing music played by very unkind and evil machines) were having olive oil and eating every 4 hours. I did have the protein, veggies and carried around my RTD's but when you stay up 18 hours a day it becomes difficult to monitor every little thing. So those of you that are planning vacations - you can make it happen if you choose. I had a great time and every restaurant were very accommodating to my request. Now it's time to get serious and very strict again with IP...Happy MLK Day everyone! :broc:

IP43
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Good for you for resisting at least SOME of the temptation of Sin City :) With all the "all you can eat buffets" there, you did well!
(Just a question: did you do your weigh ins with your wallet on?? Maybe that explains the loss on your return:p

mrskuby
01-21-2013, 01:47 PM
After 4 long days in Vegas (Where I lost more money than weight), I came away with (according to my trusty home scale) a one pound loss. I will take this small victory knowing that I didn't partake in any alcoholic beverages and stayed true to IP. Some of the difficulties I faced (besides the flashing lights and enticing music played by very unkind and evil machines) were having olive oil and eating every 4 hours. I did have the protein, veggies and carried around my RTD's but when you stay up 18 hours a day it becomes difficult to monitor every little thing. So those of you that are planning vacations - you can make it happen if you choose. I had a great time and every restaurant were very accommodating to my request. Now it's time to get serious and very strict again with IP...Happy MLK Day everyone! :broc:

THAT'S FANTASTIC!:D Who knows, maybe you will drop a few more quickly since traveling always seems to cause water gain...Or that just us women? LOL

Good for you for resisting at least SOME of the temptation of Sin City :) With all the "all you can eat buffets" there, you did well!
(Just a question: did you do your weigh ins with your wallet on?? Maybe that explains the loss on your return:p

Haha!! Love the wallet comment! :joker:

staceyjblack
01-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi Guys,

I am glad to hear so many people had great weekends and have the day off! I also had a wonderful and relaxing weekend and even had time to prep a whole bunch of veggies that should last me through the week! I work for an overnight summer camp so we're pretty relaxed today (the inauguration coverage is playing in the conference room).

I am excited for my weigh in tomorrow as my husband has seen my progress over the past two weeks and has decided to recommit to IP as well. We do so well when we do it together!

I just wanted to vent about something I'm struggling with... My sister, who was operating under the impression that she was 16 weeks pregnant until 2 weeks ago, has to have ANOTHER procedure today. I don't want to get into the details, but I am going to assume that there are some of you who have personally been through this kind of a situation, or know someone close who has. I HATE that she has to relive this physical and emotional pain, and I am at a loss of what to do for her now.

My emotions are not for me personally, but for her and her husband. I know this isn't about me- but I am so distraught about it and just don't know where to go to express my emotions about it.

Desafinado
01-21-2013, 02:51 PM
OK, here's hoping I did the right thing. Went to the inauguration ceremony today. I ate an IP herb omelet before I left and took two boiled eggs and a pickle with me for snacks. I had a packet, too, but didn't use it cause I didn't want to have to pee.

bubbleblower
01-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys for responding. I guess I could probably cut back on my nightly 'interruptions' by starting to limit liquids earlier in the evening. I tend to enjoy drinking a couple of cups of decaf tea fairly late into the evening too, and that no doubt contributes to my frequent 'wake-ups'. I feel good and never feel tired, so I'm not too worried about it.

My preference is to not limit my liquid intake. Quite the opposite, I drink water every time I get up to use the bathroom. :lol: I fall right back to sleep afterward and wake up feeling quite well rested.

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Need suggestions on where to buy vitamins that are comparable to the IP products.
Scorbett has researched. Short answer: none.

Yes. I add spinach to my smoothie in the morning or omelet. If coach argues with that, get Dr Tran's new book, find the info and SHOW HER!

Sugar free jello? walmart, grocery store etc.
I think the poster was wondering about aspartame-free SF jello. That is the elusive creature.

Kind of makes sense:

Doing more research, you'll find, altho they have "expressed concern" they can't prove it (bold section).

I just wanted to vent about something I'm struggling with... My sister, who was operating under the impression that she was 16 weeks pregnant until 2 weeks ago, has to have ANOTHER procedure today. I don't want to get into the details, but I am going to assume that there are some of you who have personally been through this kind of a situation, or know someone close who has. I HATE that she has to relive this physical and emotional pain, and I am at a loss of what to do for her now.

My emotions are not for me personally, but for her and her husband. I know this isn't about me- but I am so distraught about it and just don't know where to go to express my emotions about it.
I'm so sorry. What devastating news. You will all cry and grieve together. The best thing you can do is be her sister and let her grieve.

OK, here's hoping I did the right thing. Went to the inauguration ceremony today. I ate an IP herb omelet before I left and took two boiled eggs and a pickle with me for snacks. I had a packet, too, but didn't use it cause I didn't want to have to pee.
How cool is that?
It is really cold there too! Don't be afraid of an extra packet (extra exertion from extra walking/standing/cold). I'd count those 2 HB as sort've a makeshift "extra packet" and move on from there. I agree with concern for needing to pee. Bars are great for those times, too.
You're doing great!

evepet
01-21-2013, 03:20 PM
My preference is to not limit my liquid intake. Quite the opposite, I drink water every time I get up to use the bathroom. :lol: I fall right back to sleep afterward and wake up feeling quite well rested.

Thx bubbleblower. I've been reassured. I agree that as long as the 'bathroom interruptions' during the night aren't making me tired, etc., then I'm not worrying about it. I feel great so - no problem. Actually, I kind of like your idea of drinking a bit while you're up at night... I'm generally pretty thirsty when I first get up. (No wonder - all that peeing! )

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 03:23 PM

Wow, how great to be close and able to see the inauguration!

I have not used hard boiled eggs as a snack. Others may say differently, but I would count it toward your evening protein. I think the freebie is egg whites not whole eggs, but the pickle was fine.

Maybe next time, take your IP snack with you (like the bar or soy puffs)? I'm sure you will be fine. :)

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 03:25 PM

Wow! Happy for you that you got to be a part of something so wonderful, so historic! Sounds like you did great IP-wise! WTG!!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 03:31 PM

I'm so sorry your sister and her husband are going through this. I lost my first baby at 27 weeks and it was unbelievably painful and difficult to get through. Just be there for her, that was the most helpful for me. I needed people to listen to my grief, anger, frustration and sadness. I feel for her! There are perinatal loss grief groups that I found extremely helpful. When she is ready, you might suggest that to her and her husband. It helps to be surrounded by other parents who get what you are suffering through. :hug:

SouthernGal08
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Good afternoon. I don't regularly post, but I often stop by to share in everyone's successes and to stay inspired! This is day 143 for me (week 21) and I'm down 40.6 pounds and 42.25 inches. :)

I usually stick to the same IP flavors that I know I enjoy, but I got a bit more adventurous over the weekend, and found some things I really enjoyed that I wanted to share with you all. I tried the IP rotini with Walden Farms spaghetti sauce - I liked it a lot! And I made the IP pancakes for the first time - it was also great. I tried the "Big Mac in a bowl" recipe for dinner last night (crumbled hamburger meat with sea salt and pepper, shredded lettuce, diced pickles, thousand island Walden Farms) and it was AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS. A great change from the baked chicken I usually eat. I can't wait to make it again.

Just wanted to share with you all. Have a great day! :)

jmuroff1
01-21-2013, 03:38 PM
does anyone know an ip friendly recipe for sushi??? i miss eating sushi and i don't think i should eat a whole raw fillet lol

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 03:43 PM
does anyone know an ip friendly recipe for sushi??? i miss eating sushi and i don't think i should eat a whole raw fillet lol
I used the Search feature and found this
Mock Sushi (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4056770-post115.html)

Melanchu
01-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone! Just finished reading through the posts for the day and you guys are all doing SO WELL, it's really really motivating AND impressive!!!

I had my second weigh in on Saturday and I'm down 2.5 that brings me to just under 7lbs loss in two weeks which is great and I am happy about it however I have two friends on the diet and I read these threads daily and it just seems like everyone has way bigger losses than me and I'm confused. I know it's not a competition and I shouldn't compare myself to others and it's not that I want to be the same as everyone I'm only a little confused as to why I seem to be losing more slowly. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little disappointed with my coach both times I've stepped on the scale and haven't seen a drastic decrease it just kind of gets awkward and quiet she doesn't say great job! or anything encouraging she just kind of walks to her books and writes down my loss then slowly starts talking and asking me questions....she'll say good job before I leave but it's pretty lackluster and the whole appointment just makes me second guess myself.....I don't know maybe I'm too sensitive?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/185.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone! Just finished reading through the posts for the day and you guys are all doing SO WELL, it's really really motivating AND impressive!!!

I had my second weigh in on Saturday and I'm down 2.5 that brings me to just under 7lbs loss in two weeks which is great and I am happy about it however I have two friends on the diet and I read these threads daily and it just seems like everyone has way bigger losses than me and I'm confused. I know it's not a competition and I shouldn't compare myself to others and it's not that I want to be the same as everyone I'm only a little confused as to why I seem to be losing more slowly. Any thoughts?

I'm also a little disappointed with my coach both times I've stepped on the scale and haven't seen a drastic decrease it just kind of gets awkward and quiet she doesn't say great job! or anything encouraging she just kind of walks to her books and writes down my loss then slowly starts talking and asking me questions....she'll say good job before I leave but it's pretty lackluster and the whole appointment just makes me second guess myself.....I don't know maybe I'm too sensitive?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/muffin/lb/192/130/185.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Ouch on the reaction from your coach. Not all coaches are equal.

You are right, don't compare your losses to anyone else's. 7 lbs in 2 weeks is great!

Stick with it 100% and don't get discouraged. Make sure you get in all of your oil, salt, water, packets and protein each day. Some people forget about the oil, or don't want to eat all the veggies or protein and think it will not hurt.

Also, read the ingredients on any extras you are using in case they have sugar, carbs or aspartame. Little things like mints and gum can have carbs and sugar, which adds up if you are having several per day.

If you know you are following the program to the letter, don't stress yourself out. Stress doesn't exactly promote weight loss.

Melanchu
01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Ouch on the reaction from your coach. Not all coaches are equal.

You are right, don't compare your losses to anyone else's. 7 lbs in 2 weeks is great!

Stick with it 100% and don't get discouraged. Make sure you get in all of your oil, salt, water, packets and protein each day. Some people forget about the oil, or don't want to eat all the veggies or protein and think it will not hurt.

Also, read the ingredients on any extras you are using in case they have sugar, carbs or aspartame. Little things like mints and gum can have carbs and sugar, which adds up if you are having several per day.

If you know you are following the program to the letter, don't stress yourself out. Stress doesn't exactly promote weight loss.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement!! I haven't had any gum or mints because I'm scared to lol I may be getting too muh olive oil though now that you mention not a crazy amount but probably closer to 1 tbsp some days but definitely not everyay I'll be more attentive and see what I notice :)

staceyjblack
01-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm so sorry. What devastating news. You will all cry and grieve together. The best thing you can do is be her sister and let her grieve.

I'm so sorry your sister and her husband are going through this. I lost my first baby at 27 weeks and it was unbelievably painful and difficult to get through. Just be there for her, that was the most helpful for me. I needed people to listen to my grief, anger, frustration and sadness. I feel for her! There are perinatal loss grief groups that I found extremely helpful. When she is ready, you might suggest that to her and her husband. It helps to be surrounded by other parents who get what you are suffering through. :hug:

Thank you both for your kind words. And that is a great idea about the support groups.

PepperTown
01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
I have 'Dry Mouth Syndrom', which means exactly what it says :( Therefore, I need to have gum alot to lubricate my mouth. I don't want to suck on candies or Scope strips.

Does anyone know which gum we should be chewing? :?:

IP43
01-21-2013, 05:58 PM
There was info on sugar alcohols on someone's blog (maybe evepet's??). I tried to attach it but it wouldn't attach. Not all sugar alcohols are created equal, so when looking for your gum, check out what it's made of. I know splenda is better than aspartame, and malitol- which is the worst sugar alcohol (the same reaction with your body as using regular sugar) is the one that's in most things

Sorry I'm not more helpful. I wish the info I have would attach but someone else may know what I'm talking about and be more "tech savvy"

Katkat
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM
First weigh in after my first week. -7.5lbs! :carrot:Very happy. Just nice to actually see how it works for me. But I do enjoy seeing every one's losses. Just so encouraging!

I know not to expect as much next week, but it sure feels good to know that I can do this! And it's totally worth it!

Everyone keep having a fabulous day!

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 06:27 PM
I have 'Dry Mouth Syndrom', which means exactly what it says :( Therefore, I need to have gum alot to lubricate my mouth. I don't want to suck on candies or Scope strips.

I was told orbitz was ok, but it counts towards the 6- 0/0/0 extras.

IP43
01-21-2013, 06:34 PM
NSV tomorrow -- I meet with my coach for the first time since the beg. of December. Getting that appt set was definitley a "mental commitment" for me to get back OP. I have enough food to last for awhile (I'm a stock piler), but I want to start my accountability again. First official WI of the new year. Not sure her scale will show onederland as it's always higher than mine BUT it will show better than the 208 I was at 2 weeks ago when I restarted!

disgal

My clinic sells "Spry" gum. I was told that is the only gum/mint we can use. I was able to order some on the Internet also. :)

Irene87
Hello everyone!!!
Can someone help me ? I'm on day 5 but I can't seem to eat my salads I'm just so full. Will this affect my weight loss?

becca46200
01-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Hello to everybody, I just started on satuday the IP program, I did tried it 2 years ago but I was so expensive,

Now I'll use alternatives for IP let's see what happens

IdealProteinNewbie
01-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Hello everyone!!!
Can someone help me ? I'm on day 5 but I can't seem to eat my salads I'm just so full. Will this affect my weight loss?

Salad (lettuce) is unlimited and optional. It can help if you're hungry, keeps you "regular" but you don't have to have a single bite of it if you so choose!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
The only gum I've found that is sweetened with Sucralose is Trident Cinnamon. I usually use 1 piece/day.

MSEMDEE
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Ok, so I am not much of a cook but A1Texan has inspired me to try harder!!
I have had a can of crab meat in my cupboard for a while and had no idea what to do with it.
So last night I decided to make up some crab cakes. I took the crab meat and put it in a bowl and then started searching my kitchen for IP ingredients. I found dried onion flakes, in they went. The I spied some left over cauliflower so I mashed it and put that in. Still kinda mushy so I took some Kay's Parmasean chips and crumbled them. Took the rest and rolled them finer. I took the crab/cauli mix in the size of golf balls and rolled them in the fine crumbs and then into a hot pan, squashed them out to pancakes and cooked them well on both sides and hello crab cakes!
I used WF Chipolte Mayo for "dip" and it was fabulous!
Definitely gonna make them again!

scorbett1103
01-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Ok, so I am not much of a cook but A1Texan has inspired me to try harder!!
I have had a can of crab meat in my cupboard for a while and had no idea what to do with it.
So last night I decided to make up some crab cakes. I took the crab meat and put it in a bowl and then started searching my kitchen for IP ingredients. I found dried onion flakes, in they went. The I spied some left over cauliflower so I mashed it and put that in. Still kinda mushy so I took some Kay's Parmasean chips and crumbled them. Took the rest and rolled them finer. I took the crab/cauli mix in the size of golf balls and rolled them in the fine crumbs and then into a hot pan, squashed them out to pancakes and cooked them well on both sides and hello crab cakes!
I used WF Chipolte Mayo for "dip" and it was fabulous!
Definitely gonna make them again!

Nice!!!

Betterthings
01-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Katkat,

Nice job!! 7.5 is great

I really enjoy reading everyone's post. It's nice to see such encouragement.

mompattie
01-21-2013, 07:53 PM

You did great!!! I'm planning a sisters trip to Vegas for March I hope!! DH is sending me when I get to my 100 lbs lost as a celebration!!! Advice on places l eat? Stay?? Shop?! LOL

So sorry for your sister and family. Losing a baby is heartbreaking and terrorizing. I know. I lost my little girl at full term due to a true knot in her cord. Her 7th year anniversary is Wednesday. My best advice is to cry with her, talk about routine things, laugh with her, take her lead, let her talk. And don't be afraid to cry. And never tell her there is a reason for everything. That hurts to hear and at the time of a loss harder to accept. Just be there for her and time will heal the pain, but the remembering will always be there. And call her next year in her baby's due date and baby's anniversary date. Having family remember my baby helps me heal. HUGS!!!:hug::hug:

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 07:57 PM

You are WELL within the 3-5 lb/week average that IP USED to claim.
Sorry about the coach's reaction.
You may need to let her know that you thrive on positive comments and need positive encouragement!
From stories I've heard here, not every person who is a coach should be a coach.
Congrats on your progress!

Irene87
01-21-2013, 08:05 PM
I just can't at lunch!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-21-2013, 08:05 PM
You did great!!! I'm planning a sisters trip to Vegas for March I hope!! DH is sending me when I get to my 100 lbs lost as a celebration!!! Advice on places l eat? Stay?? Shop?! LOL

So sorry for your sister and family. Losing a baby is heartbreaking and terrorizing. I know. I lost my little girl at full term due to a true knot in her cord. Her 7th year anniversary is Wednesday. My best advice is to cry with her, talk about routine things, laugh with her, take her lead, let her talk. And don't be afraid to cry. And never tell her there is a reason for everything. That hurts to hear and at the time of a loss harder to accept. Just be there for her and time will heal the pain, but the remembering will always be there. And call her next year in her baby's due date and baby's anniversary date. Having family remember my baby helps me heal. HUGS!!!:hug::hug:

Pattie,
You and I are sooo close to 100 lb gone. (15 for you, 12.5 for me).

Let's do it together!!!

:hug: for you and your baby girl!

Katkat
01-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Katkat,

Nice job!! 7.5 is great

I really enjoy reading everyone's post. It's nice to see such encouragement.

Thank you so much!:hug::hug:
Don't have many people to share my success with, I don't think my honey realizes how it's a big deal to me, (but its nice that he loves me the way I am).

Suzali
01-21-2013, 08:42 PM

Just asked my coach about Crystal Light with aspartame and she said it was ok as long as I just had a packet a day (emphasized moderation). I WI tomorrow and will know if my weight isn't down. Thanks for posting this Lisa.

Had a nice NSV today. Had to wear a suit for a Martin Luther King luncheon and pulled one out I haven't been able to wear in a few years. It fit! And I could actually button the jacket. Woot woot!!

Bellamack
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
TOM has finally left the building so im hoping for a nice whoosh when i weigh in on friday!! moving into my new house this weekend and im so excited! i have so much packing to do so im definitely getting some exercise! hope everyone has a great OP day! I know i will :)

Congrats on the New house, very exciting :)

sophieandlola
01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi all - have been on IP with my hubby for about 3 weeks. 3rd time around and have much greater success this time! Probably because I found this forum. Love all the recipes - have used several already with big raves from my husband!! Not much of a poster per se so don't be offended if I'm slow to get back.

Thanks in advance for all the support! Any hints thrown my way will be gladly accepted - there's alot of stuff on here!!

K

LizJazz
01-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi Guys,

I am glad to hear so many people had great weekends and have the day off! I also had a wonderful and relaxing weekend and even had time to prep a whole bunch of veggies that should last me through the week! I work for an overnight summer camp so we're pretty relaxed today (the inauguration coverage is playing in the conference room).

I am excited for my weigh in tomorrow as my husband has seen my progress over the past two weeks and has decided to recommit to IP as well. We do so well when we do it together!

I had a stillbirth at 6.5 months and what helped me was talking about it. It was weird when people didn't bring it up at all, like the elephant in the room. Cal her every few day and let her know that you are there if she needs you. Sending prayers for your sister and family.

Bellamack
01-21-2013, 08:56 PM

Don't worry, I am the QUEEN of slow losses, I did IP in 2011 and never cheated once and averaged 1.75 lbs/week. Different things effect loss, I am post meno and hypothyroid and have just gotten out of a cast for a torn tendon ( 5 month process), so I think you are doing fine. I too, am amazed at some people's losses, esp if they weigh less than me, I just can't get discouraged my it. You will make it to the finish line, with great pride!

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 09:53 PM
I just can't at lunch!
Mandatory salad is your coach's rule. Not IP.
Lettuce is unlimited and optional.

Trina M
01-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Ever know the instant you have done something out of habit and can't take it back? I do. Yesterday before bedtime I made my daughter a snack. PB&J sandwich. It was a moment I wish I could take back but some habits you become aware of too late. I finished putting her jam on the sandwich and........into my mouth it went. Took me to putting the other piece of bread on for me to realize what I did. I told my counsellor this morning and she chuckled. I guess I am not the first to lick the spoon or a finger without realizing it until it is too late. So to make a long story short she told me to not have a restricted today but 3 unrestricted. Wouldn't think it would do much but I weighed myself this morning and I'm up 2 lbs. however after eating good today I weighed myself after supper and I was down 1 lbs. two more days till I'm back in ketosis state. All that hard work. I'm usually really good and rinse my hands. This is a first for me and now I will be more wary!!!!

Dinie89
01-21-2013, 10:12 PM
As the day is winding down I am starting to feel really sluggish and off- I have had this feeling a couple times was wondering if anyone else has had this and if it means anything major like I'm out of ketosis or something?

scorbett1103
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Ever know the instant you have done something out of habit and can't take it back? I do. Yesterday before bedtime I made my daughter a snack. PB&J sandwich. It was a moment I wish I could take back but some habits you become aware of too late. I finished putting her jam on the sandwich and........into my mouth it went. Took me to putting the other piece of bread on for me to realize what I did. I told my counsellor this morning and she chuckled. I guess I am not the first to lick the spoon or a finger without realizing it until it is too late. So to make a long story short she told me to not have a restricted today but 3 unrestricted. Wouldn't think it would do much but I weighed myself this morning and I'm up 2 lbs. however after eating good today I weighed myself after supper and I was down 1 lbs. two more days till I'm back in ketosis state. All that hard work. I'm usually really good and rinse my hands. This is a first for me and now I will be more wary!!!!

It happens! We pick ourselves up, and move on with an important lesson learned about being super aware of everything we do.

I will say one thing - there really wasn't a reason for you to skip a restricted today. One lick of jam off the knife is not equivalent to the difference between restricted and unrestricted. If doing that helps you remember NOT to be mindless about BLT (Bite, lick, taste), then that's fine, but it would have nothing to do with your weight loss. It also would not be enough to put you out of ketosis unless you are SUPER carb sensitive. Your weight is going to fluctuate throughout the day and over the course of a few days -so what you saw on the scale was not necessarily an indicator of anything.

As the day is winding down I am starting to feel really sluggish and off- I have had this feeling a couple times was wondering if anyone else has had this and if it means anything major like I'm out of ketosis or something?

It doesn't likely have anything to do with ketosis if you are following the plan.

Some things that might point you in the right direction:
- are you drinking enough water
- are you getting in all of your salt and oil (not counting the oil you use for cooking)
- are you sleeping enough
- have you changed anything in your routine (what you eat, any "extras" you started using, anything in your activity level)

LizRR
01-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Whew - just barely catching up...been a long day and tomorrow will be even longer! My son restarts his morning speech therapy across town, it's an awesome program, just wish it wasn't an hour commute 1-way! At least my dad is here to help out. Well, off to sleep - I have a 6.5-mile running date with the group tomorrow at 5am, it has finally 'warmed up' to the 40's!

Dinie89
01-21-2013, 10:56 PM
It doesn't likely have anything to do with ketosis if you are following the plan.
Some things that might point you in the right direction:
- are you drinking enough water
- are you getting in all of your salt and oil (not counting the oil you use for cooking)
- are you sleeping enough
- have you changed anything in your routine (what you eat, any "extras" you started using, anything in your activity level)

I drink 3l sometimes 4l of water a day depending I have a water bottle that I use that's 1L -
I get my salt in daily - olive oil not so much i always cook with it but struggle to get it in otherwise sometimes
I sleep about 8-9 hours a day
Activity level has been the same mostly --30 min walk mostly
Today I batch Cooke some chicken in my croc pot and had that for dinner - first time croc pot cooking chicken

scorbett1103
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM
It could just be your body adjusting, but it could also be something totally unrelated to the diet - have you ever had your thyroid levels checked? If it seems like it happens around the same time every day, and you can't pin it on anything you're doing, check in with your doctor.

IP43
01-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Good to see your smile Scorbett. We've missed you the last few days!

Nightie night all. This night owl is calling it in early. All that talk of Lizz jogging has plum tuckered me out! (I'm hittin' the snooze button TWICE in your honour tomorrow Lizz!)

Dinie89
01-21-2013, 11:30 PM
It could just be your body adjusting, but it could also be something totally unrelated to the diet - have you ever had your thyroid levels checked? If it seems like it happens around the same time every day, and you can't pin it on anything you're doing, check in with your doctor.

I will be making note as how often I get these feelings Its not everyday tho - but I think I'm gonna make an appointment at the doctor - I thought maybe it was the chicken =) never done croc pot before thought maybe since its sitting in the juice is be not as good=s

Thanks scorbett =)

scorbett1103
01-22-2013, 12:54 AM
I will be making note as how often I get these feelings Its not everyday tho - but I think I'm gonna make an appointment at the doctor - I thought maybe it was the chicken =) never done croc pot before thought maybe since its sitting in the juice is be not as good=s

Thanks scorbett =)

No problem :) I can guarantee that it was not cooking the chicken in the crockpot that makes you fatigued, if that were the case I'd be asleep early almost every night of the week! :) Good luck!

pootyboomboom
01-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Just had to share had my second weight in -4.6, first weight in was 9.6 - super excited! I love this so far weeeeeeeee!