Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 100% Vol 20

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Home of the 100% Vol 20

ragdoll74
01-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Starting the new volume for all us 100%'ers.

LosingLawyer
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks, Ragdoll!

Edited to add: I finally broke down and purchased extra boxes of protein bars for my boyfriend. That way he's not stealing mine constantly.

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
thanks ragdoll, i did send a message to lisa, i always love her motivational openings too :) which is why i didn't open it! :)

Oh my, maltesers. Does Nigel have those shipped over? Love maltesers.

Sorry to hear you and so many others have problems with their DHs and snack foods. Mine never brings them in the living room. He'll occasionally snack on some chips and dip, but stays in the kitchen. He eats a lot of almonds, but I only hear him crunching. Breakfasts, he never bothers mine and he doesn't like pancakes. He makes what I call Chris McMuffin. Some type of meat, sometimes sausage patties or bacon or chorizo, some egg, cheese and an english muffin. I've started making him homemade english muffins since he loves his Chris McMuffins. The real use for the english muffin rings rainbow uses in some of her recipes.

I had my rant yesterday, but avoided the dependence on food that normally accompanied a rant. Just went to bed.

Hope you all are not sleeping alone tonight.

Molly

yes, his dad sent us some for christmas, but i have not opened mine!!! but they do tempt me!

WingnutandMe
01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
hang in there pattie.....dh is in there watching football with beer and chips and maltesers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am enjoying my raspberry tea!!!!!!!! life is good
next year, i might able to join him!!!

Oh my, maltesers. Does Nigel have those shipped over? Love maltesers.

Oh Pattie, I thought of you banishing DH to the basement earlier today. Mine started the day eating my pancakes. I said "Did you just make pancakes too?" and he said, "No I just grabbed some of yours. I only took 4 little ones"

I responded "That stack of pancakes cost me $16 and you've just eaten 2 of my breakfasts the week... eat that pancake slowly buster. Ah, there's another $1.42 bite going into your mouth right now".... Betcha he checks next time I'm cooking.
Now he's sitting here eating popcorn.... he may as well put his pillow and blankie on the couch right now!

Yep, it's a bad day to be a DH today. I hope we're not scarin' our men IP friends off! I haven't heard from them in awhile. They're probably staying away till the estrogen ebbs a bit -- or maybe it's proof that hockey really HAS started again ;)

Sorry to hear you and so many others have problems with their DHs and snack foods. Mine never brings them in the living room. He'll occasionally snack on some chips and dip, but stays in the kitchen. He eats a lot of almonds, but I only hear him crunching. Breakfasts, he never bothers mine and he doesn't like pancakes. He makes what I call Chris McMuffin. Some type of meat, sometimes sausage patties or bacon or chorizo, some egg, cheese and an english muffin. I've started making him homemade english muffins since he loves his Chris McMuffins. The real use for the english muffin rings rainbow uses in some of her recipes.

I had my rant yesterday, but avoided the dependence on food that normally accompanied a rant. Just went to bed.

Hope you all are not sleeping alone tonight.

Moily

Added: Rainbow's too quick. I deleted this from the other thread and reposted here, so it looks like she could read my mind.

Nolawhodatchick
01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
I see why the men have their own thread :)

eta: Wingnutandme, I thought Rainbow was just scary good at knowing what you were thinking...

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Added: Rainbow's too quick. I deleted this from the other thread and reposted here, so it looks like she could read my mind.

oooh but my darling, i have magical powers you know nothing about!! Bwahahahahahah :devil::devil:

mompattie
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
lisa32989 :hug::hug::hug: you inspire me with your sheer stubbornness and willpower to get his done! With so very little options left for you, you are MAKING THIS WORK!!! You are inspiring in your attitude. :hug::hug:

IP43
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
And THOSE powers are why your DH loves you even more:belly:

I really have to stop procrastinating and get some work done before bed. Thanks, as always, for great weekend chat. Now back to reality I go....le sigh.

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
And THOSE powers are why your DH loves you even more:belly:

I really have to stop procrastinating and get some work done before bed. Thanks, as always, for great weekend chat. Now back to reality I go....le sigh.

heehee le sigh.................... love it!!

lisa32989
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
lisa32989 :hug::hug::hug: you inspire me with your sheer stubbornness and willpower to get his done! With so very little options left for you, you are MAKING THIS WORK!!! You are inspiring in your attitude. :hug::hug:
Thanks Pattie. This whole thing is making me cry.
DH told me today if it was easy, everyone would do it.
I'm sure I'll be less emotional tomorrow.

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM

You can do it, Lisa! :hug: :grouphug: One day at a time. Hang in there.

Nolawhodatchick
01-20-2013, 09:39 PM

:hug::hug::hug::hug: awww, Lisa, I'm so sorry this is so hard on you right now. I can imagine it feels like having the rug yanked from under you in a way. Wish we could make it easier for you. I'm glad your hubby is supporting you right now. And know we are here for you, too.

mompattie
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM

:grouphug::grouphug: DH is right....if it was easy everyone would be doing it!!! And what I tell new moms daily....nothing worth having comes easy! When the going gets tough the tough GET GOING!! :hug: you are one tough chick (or goose as IP43 tells us), and expect a whoosh this week, estrogen is flooding!! :hug::hug::hug: you are doing this and you are amazing!:)

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM

:hug::hug: :hug: :hug:
please give yourself a hug from YOU. (and me too)
you are rising above all obstacles!!!!!!!!!!!
you are becoming a new you...and you can do this!

wuv2bloved
01-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Hey everyone, Sorry I haven't been around and didn't start the thread but working these 2 jobs are keeping me busy. We are getting ready for inventory at one which is Tuesday so I should have a little more free time after that. Thanks for starting the thread ragdoll.

Today was my first day to have off from both jobs since Thanksgiving, I was having a "skinny" day when I woke up this morning so I decided to post a video...here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar_VWVDyK1c

rofl306
01-20-2013, 10:16 PM

Hugs! You are here to inspire the rest of us! I believe that all of our trials are to learn something, teach something or both. You got the both. So many people are dealing with your difficulties and YOU will be the pioneer to find their path. Keep your chin up and vent to us whenever needed. Best wishes!

IP43
01-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey everyone, Sorry I haven't been around and didn't start the thread but working these 2 jobs are keeping me busy. ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar_VWVDyK1c

Good to hear from you and your video shows the newbies what can happen if you stick to it! We do miss you but I know I've said "follow the sheet" a few times myself for ya. Haven't had to tell anyone to put on their big girl panties yet. That'll be next week ;)

Have a great week Lisa - and e1 else too!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Hey everyone, Sorry I haven't been around and didn't start the thread but working these 2 jobs are keeping me busy. We are getting ready for inventory at one which is Tuesday so I should have a little more free time after that. Thanks for starting the thread ragdoll.

Today was my first day to have off from both jobs since Thanksgiving, I was having a "skinny" day when I woke up this morning so I decided to post a video...here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar_VWVDyK1c

Lisa, you are adorable and an incredible inspiration to all of us! Congratulations on your amazing loss, determination, courage and positive attitude! I feel energized after watching you and your success! :hug:

Faith1
01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the welcomes!

If I get time tomorrow I'll have to read all of your posts in the previous volume. I'm thrilled to see how successful you have all been! Hopefully you'll all rub off on me!:)

Well, I have all of my food supplies organized for the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow will be day 1 for me. Bring on th headaches & yada...yada. I already can't wait until next week!

Take care!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Stick it out Lisa, it will be SO worth it in the end.

Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow!!!

BLUEJEWEL
01-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Been a LONG time since I have been on here, but I NEED and WANT to be 100% again. I have tried to maintain my 40 pound loss over the past couple of months with not too much success...and never have felt as good as I did while on Phase 1, so I am back. I still had about 20 pounds to lose, and more than anything just want to feel good again. The only way to do it is 100%.
Rainbow...this is late, but wow your 2012 photos TERRIFIC! Congratulations.
One day I will figure out how to post some...
Happy Monday all!

BLUEJEWEL
01-21-2013, 04:35 AM
okay figured out how to post a picture, no I need to make it smaller!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-21-2013, 06:30 AM
Good Monday morning 100%ers!

Let's make it a great week!

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Stick it out Lisa, it will be SO worth it in the end.
Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow!!!
Hugs! You are here to inspire the rest of us! I believe that all of our trials are to learn something, teach something or both. You got the both. So many people are dealing with your difficulties and YOU will be the pioneer to find their path. Keep your chin up and vent to us whenever needed. Best wishes!
:hug::hug: :hug: :hug:
please give yourself a hug from YOU. (and me too)
you are rising above all obstacles!!!!!!!!!!!
you are becoming a new you...and you can do this!
:grouphug::grouphug: DH is right....if it was easy everyone would be doing it!!! And what I tell new moms daily....nothing worth having comes easy! When the going gets tough the tough GET GOING!! :hug: you are one tough chick (or goose as IP43 tells us), and expect a whoosh this week, estrogen is flooding!! :hug::hug::hug: you are doing this and you are amazing!:)
:hug::hug::hug::hug: awww, Lisa, I'm so sorry this is so hard on you right now. I can imagine it feels like having the rug yanked from under you in a way. Wish we could make it easier for you. I'm glad your hubby is supporting you right now. And know we are here for you, too.
You can do it, Lisa! :hug: :grouphug: One day at a time. Hang in there.
Thanks all! WI at 8 ct.
Still feeling emotional today. Hope I don't cry at WI!!!
BTW I cry when I'm mad, and yes, it feels like the rug has been pulled. I feel betrayed.

I want to get to goal more than anything. Yesterday when I found the soy/wheat in my go-tos, goal felt insurmountable. Thru the day as I complained, I hope you all saw the plan formulating.

And, right now I have some alt brands to use up so it'll probably be 3-4 weeks before everything is gone, as I make the switch and cut back. I'll be going from soy 2-3 times/day to once until its gone.
I think I have 7 soup packs, 7 salt/ vinegar, and a half a tub of Protidiet maple-brown sugar oatmeal and some mocha wafers. There might be a puddling or 2 w/ soy protein, as well. All my IP Dk chocolate puddings are going back today, to exchange for a handful of milk choc (I don't like as well - sweeter). I exchanged 3 boxes woth of items last WI.

My coach is going to have to live with the alts I'll be buying (I'll probly just do it and not really discuss but she has access to my MFP). I don't like this situation either but ultimately it is about MY HEALTH and MY SUCCESS, nobody else's.

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Thanks all! WI at 8 ct.
BTW I cry when I'm mad, and yes, it feels like the rug has been pulled. I feel betrayed.

I want to get to goal more than anything. Yesterday when I found the soy/wheat in my go-tos, goal felt insurmountable. Thru the day as I complained, I hope you all saw the plan formulating...

I'm the same way -- cry when I'm mad -- which makes me angrier because then I'm even more mad that I look like a blubbering idiot. Vicious cycle!

You definitely have a plan Lisa, and you'll find a way to make it work. At least with the one choc. pudding you can still make your muffins, cookies etc. Just a thought -- could you add a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to reduce the "sweet" and give you more of the darker choc flavour you like?

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm the same way -- cry when I'm mad -- which makes me angrier because then I'm even more mad that I look like a blubbering idiot. Vicious cycle!

You definitely have a plan Lisa, and you'll find a way to make it work. At least with the one choc. pudding you can still make your muffins, cookies etc. Just a thought -- could you add a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to reduce the "sweet" and give you more of the darker choc flavour you like?
I've thought about it. Although not technically 100% OP, I'm gonna have to do what I need. I may just forgo the pudding altogether and just use my Miracle Whey. At least they have blueberry so I can make pancakes! (Have to use 1.5 servings to be more IP compliant)

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 08:19 AM
wuv- we definitely miss you here. IP43 & lisa32989 have been helping with some tough wuv while you have been absent.

lisa- I have no doubt you will still get to goal. Just keep doing your research, planning and being creative. You've got this!

Weigh in this morning and I was really hoping for a good one this week since lasts weeks weigh in was -.4 due to TOM. Down 3.8 lbs!

That brings my total loss to 71lbs!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

bubbleblower
01-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Weigh in this morning and I was really hoping for a good one this week since lasts weeks weigh in was -.4 due to TOM. Down 3.8 lbs!

WTG!!!! Nice work!!

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:27 AM
wuv- we definitely miss you here. IP43 & lisa32989 have been helping with some tough wuv while you have been absent.

lisa- I have no doubt you will still get to goal. Just keep doing your research, planning and being creative. You've got this!

WOW!! Great job! We started at the same weight (gulp, and the same time!) and look at ya now! 71 lbs! That's AMAZING!! I wondered what I'd look like losing that much, so you've re-inspired me to "get 'er dun!". I'm restarting now with new intensity. If I hadn't stopped for a few months..... grrrrrr..... (that's just the tigress in me comin' out! No sense kicking myself over "shoulda, woulda, coulda's")

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 08:52 AM

WAY TO GO, Ragdoll!!! That's an incredible and amazing loss total, and you are looking beautiful!

Phase off and maintenance won't be so scary for me knowing you will be going through it at the same time :)

Thanks all! WI at 8 ct.

I want to get to goal more than anything. Yesterday when I found the soy/wheat in my go-tos, goal felt insurmountable. Thru the day as I complained, I hope you all saw the plan formulating.

And, right now I have some alt brands to use up so it'll probably be 3-4 weeks before everything is gone, as I make the switch and cut back. I'll be going from soy 2-3 times/day to once until its gone.
I think I have 7 soup packs, 7 salt/ vinegar, and a half a tub of Protidiet maple-brown sugar oatmeal and some mocha wafers. There might be a puddling or 2 w/ soy protein, as well. All my IP Dk chocolate puddings are going back today, to exchange for a handful of milk choc (I don't like as well - sweeter). I exchanged 3 boxes woth of items last WI.

My coach is going to have to live with the alts I'll be buying (I'll probly just do it and not really discuss but she has access to my MFP). I don't like this situation either but ultimately it is about MY HEALTH and MY SUCCESS, nobody else's.

Lisa,
I NEVER thought you "complained" yesterday. It must have been shocking to be thrown such a curve and you were working through it yesterday, and COPING, not complaining. I was so afraid ya'll were gonna think I was complaining when I talked about my low energy issues more than once, but I was afraid something was wrong, didn't know what to do and needed help and support. You have me some of the kindest and best advice which is do what you have to do, this is about feeling better. You have always been here to support others who are really trying, and you are the role model of not-complaining. It will get better. I have a feeling you will discover interesting new things to share with us, and soon we may all be eating Lisa's blueberry pancakes! :hug:

WorldTraveleronIP
01-21-2013, 09:01 AM

YAY!!!! Congratulations! Just looking at your amazing loss, I began dreaming and wondering what I would look like and how long it would take me. You did it in 5 months! Incredible! I'm so happy for you! I love to see the successes on here-such a source of energy for me to start my day op. :hug:

coffeebean
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I am on week 3 of my reboot. Yesterday I had so many cravings and none were healthy. After thinking of all the things I was going to eat when I got on maintenance it almost made me sick at my stomach. I realized that they were not healthy thoughts and I could not do that. At least I realized it before I ate anything. I managed to get thru the day 100 % IP

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 09:23 AM
I am on week 3 of my reboot. Yesterday I had so many cravings and none were healthy. After thinking of all the things I was going to eat when I got on maintenance it almost made me sick at my stomach. I realized that they were not healthy thoughts and I could not do that. At least I realized it before I ate anything. I managed to get thru the day 100 % IP

Congrats on dealing with those cravings in a healthy way! :)

Every time my mind has showed hints of wandering towards craving of something off program, I ask "what can I have OP that will satisfy this craving?" I always discover the actual craving is for something I CAN have OP, usually it's sweet or spicy, a few bites of a bar or a sweet drink with cinnamon, or extra spicy veggies can accommodate. Sometimes its just a sense of fullness, which means a big glass of water with a little flavoring satisfies it, or maybe a bulky veggie like jicama or turnip. Other times it's just to be chewing, and half a stick of sf gum works great. Sometimes we just have to reframe the cravings to realize we really AREN"T craving pizza, we are craving spicy...or maybe we are craving the MEMORY of the comfort we felt eating pizza... So much I have learned on IP!

Faith1
01-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Good morning!!

Today is day 1 for me. I weighed in at 133...I'm sooo looking forward to flushing these toxins out of my body! Today I will be working 12 hours, so I'm hoping that takes my mind off of things!

Take care & have a GREAT day!

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 09:49 AM
WTG!!!! Nice work!!

Thanks!

WOW!! Great job! We started at the same weight (gulp, and the same time!) and look at ya now! 71 lbs! That's AMAZING!! I wondered what I'd look like losing that much, so you've re-inspired me to "get 'er dun!". I'm restarting now with new intensity. If I hadn't stopped for a few months..... grrrrrr..... (that's just the tigress in me comin' out! No sense kicking myself over "shoulda, woulda, coulda's")

Thanks!

That new intensity will take you to goal in plenty of time for summer. Just think about how hot you will look by the summer!

WAY TO GO, Ragdoll!!! That's an incredible and amazing loss total, and you are looking beautiful!

Phase off and maintenance won't be so scary for me knowing you will be going through it at the same time :)

Lisa,
I NEVER thought you "complained" yesterday. It must have been shocking to be thrown such a curve and you were working through it yesterday, and COPING, not complaining. I was so afraid ya'll were gonna think I was complaining when I talked about my low energy issues more than once, but I was afraid something was wrong, didn't know what to do and needed help and support. You have me some of the kindest and best advice which is do what you have to do, this is about feeling better. You have always been here to support others who are really trying, and you are the role model of not-complaining. It will get better. I have a feeling you will discover interesting new things to share with us, and soon we may all be eating Lisa's blueberry pancakes! :hug:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to being in maintenance with you too!

I am with you 100% on the not taking lisa's posts about her issues and your issues as complaining. We all hit some speedbumps along the way and this is a support group. We need to talk about these issues so someone else might be able to help us come up with a solution.

YAY!!!! Congratulations! Just looking at your amazing loss, I began dreaming and wondering what I would look like and how long it would take me. You did it in 5 months! Incredible! I'm so happy for you! I love to see the successes on here-such a source of energy for me to start my day op. :hug:

Thank you! It's actually 6 months (28 weeks), but honestly it doesn't seem like it. Seeing the 71 lbs lost, makes me want to lower my goal to 124 to see 100 lbs lost. I may not still feel this way when I get to my original goal of 140, so I'm not changing it yet.

Good job!

Sometimes we just have to reframe the cravings to realize we really AREN"T craving pizza, we are craving spicy...or maybe we are craving the MEMORY of the comfort we felt eating pizza... So much I have learned on IP!

Well said.

mompattie
01-21-2013, 10:32 AM

AWESOME!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Sorry to threadjack, guys. Its been a rollercoaster of a few days.

That's IP rockstar stuff right there! :congrat:

Yesterday I had so many cravings and none were healthy. After thinking of all the things I was going to eat when I got on maintenance it almost made me sick at my stomach. I realized that they were not healthy thoughts and I could not do that. At least I realized it before I ate anything. I managed to get thru the day 100 % IP
Good for making it thru the day!
For myself, I can't be thinking of any "bad" stuff I'm going to eat when I reach goal. I have to think of the lifestyle change as ongoing if I am to maintain. Will I be able to lighten up a bit? Sure. But with the soy & gluten restrictions, I won't be returning to life as I knew it, nor do I want to. That way got me to being an unhealthy mess! To a new life! :cheers:
Back from my WI. Whoosh fairy Diane was sending must have been held up at the border (that willpower dust didn't make it thru customs, I guess :)) :drill: (I have some inflammation due to some lower back pain & also I'm having some - ahem- "digestive distress" - quite opposite of big C. Both are probably causing water retention)

But I WAS down 2.2 so onderland can wait til next week. If wuv can wait and persist thru anything, so can I!

Sometimes I get the "poor me" attitude going & had a bunch yesterday. And then I start comparing myself to other people's faster losses. :stress:

But, ya know what? I've lost 59 lbs in (edit) 25 weeks, which is STILL (edit) 2.36 lbs/week.
I've lost 41.75 inches off the areas that are measured and 9.1 BMI points all WHILE developing hypothyroidism.

I don't know too many people who can say that.

When I see people complain about slow losses, I want to :kickbutt: on a nice day and :frypan: or :club: when my patience is running thin. I WISH I had the patience of Job (Scorbett) here but alas, we are all different.

I'm not saying this to gloat today but I needed to share my experience

Last nite I was having a pity party and I shut down contact, cleaned up the kitchen and went to bed. I grabbed Dr Tran's new book (which I have read) and just opened it. I opened to page 40 where he talks about self compassion & realized how HARD I've been on myself.

So what if I don't lose as fast as some? At least I stick with the plan, which is way better than I can say for MOST of the people who have come & gone from 3fc-IP. There is a whole section in the book about changing your attitude about YOURSELF for maintenance.

After reading this, I'd like to propose a book study thread. But I want to make sure we get everyone who wants "in" onboard first. For anyone who doesn't have access to a clinic, I can get your book and ship it to you ( I have paypal). So, if there is interest, I'll collect names this week, get books ordered and then we'll be off!

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone-
I am researching and pre-planning for Phases 2 & 3 (tho it's 1 or 2 mths away). I switched to alternative protocol recently & have the phase 1&2 sheets for alternative protocol. I haven't found anything addressing phase 3 for those on alternative protocol. I'm guessing it's because both traditional and alternative protocol IPers follow the same phase 3. But I can't find anywhere that specifically SAYS that...does anyone know for sure if that is the case? If so, do the alternative protocol IPers simply switch their carb groups to breakfast, and drop the "3 additional food items, one at each meal" part of their diet? I know correct phase off is so important...I really want to get it right. I am without a coach, so I can't ask coach.

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
mompattie & lisa - thanks!

lisa 2.2 lb is fantastic! So close to onederland.

nola- I've searched for the standard phase III sheet and haven't found one either. The only things I could come up with were a guideline (posted in the stickies) and this speadsheet.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachments/ideal-protein-diet/42002d1334447212-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads-phase-3-worksheet.pdf

IP43
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Nola, I suggest you go ask at the "Maintainers" or the "reboot" thread. They've "been there, done that" so they would be the resident experts on the "after". We're all still in between with you.
It's a great question though! ( I myself need the "boot in the butt" thread! LOL)

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
nola- I've searched for the standard phase III sheet and haven't found one either. The only things I could come up with were a guideline (posted in the stickies) and this speadsheet.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachments/ideal-protein-diet/42002d1334447212-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads-phase-3-worksheet.pdf
Ragdoll,
Thanks. I also found this...I *think* the official IP Phase 3 sheet is at this link, first post by Wuv, before the worksheet link. But it doesn't say a single thing about "alternative" plan.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html

Nola, I suggest you go ask at the "Maintainers" or the "reboot" thread. They've "been there, done that" so they would be the resident experts on the "after". We're all still in between with you.
It's a great question though! ( I myself need the "boot in the butt" thread! LOL)
Already cross-posted there, thanks! I guess great minds think alike :smug:

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Nola- All 4 of the alternative phase sheets attached. I didn't read your post carefully the first time. I have only found the official phase III alternative sheet, not for the regular phase III. The info WUV posted is not layed out as nice as the one's attached.

Anyone heard from MommaHen lately? I haven't see her post in a month or so. She used to be on here daily.

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Nola- All 4 of the alternative phase sheets attached. I didn't read your post carefully the first time. I have only found the official phase III alternative sheet, not for the regular phase III. The info WUV posted is not layed out as nice as the one's attached.

Anyone heard from MommaHen lately? I haven't see her post in a month or so. She used to be on here daily.

OOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :hug: How on earth did you find this? I've been looking, and didn't see this. YOU ROCK!!! It TOTALLY answers all my questions, and I'm surprised to see that the 3 additional food allowances do continue.

eta I was beginning to think there were NO actual phase 3 sheets like this (alternative or regular plan) because all I could find was the worksheet and the general guidance document explaining the purpose/function of phase 3. If this phase follows the same pattern as alternative phase 1&2, the phase 3 sheet will be exactly the same except for the two "1 group choice" items at lunch and dinner. There has to be a phase 3 regular sheet out there somewhere!

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 01:07 PM
OOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! :hug: How on earth did you find this? I've been looking, and didn't see this. YOU ROCK!!! It TOTALLY answers all my questions, and I'm surprised to see that the 3 additional food allowances do continue.

eta I was beginning to think there were NO actual phase 3 sheets like this (alternative or regular plan) because all I could find was the worksheet and the general guidance document explaining the purpose/function of phase 3. If this phase follows the same pattern as alternative phase 1&2, the phase 3 sheet will be exactly the same except for the two "1 group choice" items at lunch and dinner. There has to be a phase 3 regular sheet out there somewhere!

I found this on a clinic website last year, can't remember which one. Every so often I search to see if I can find the standard one, but no luck.

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM

Ladies...pu-leez :rolleyes:
:rofl:
STICKIES!!! (Hope you see the smile on my smart-^$$ face as I typed that! - and forgive me for a little fun at your expense - at least I'm smiling again ;))

Phase 3 regular plan sheet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4293817-post3.html) (the PLAN starts at the bottom of page 1. Sheet is more complicated than P1 sheet :) - but you ARE right. It isn't as "pretty" as the other sheets)

Alt Phase 1 & 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4349574-post4.html)

Ragdoll: Thanks for finding Alt P 3 & 4. I'll add them to the FAQ so everything is together for future reference

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 01:55 PM
thanks Lisa. We found that worksheet also, but what I was looking for was a sheet that looks just like the phase I sheet, but for phase III.

lisa32989
01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
thanks Lisa. We found that worksheet also, but what I was looking for was a sheet that looks just like the phase I sheet, but for phase III.
Oh I know. I was just having fun :)

You did a GREAT job of finding those alt sheets! :mag: :book2: :comp:

ragdoll74
01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I like those smileys with the magnifying glass and the one flipping through the book.

That stupid phase 3 sheet, really irritates me. Why would they have a nice sheet for alternate phase 1, 2, 3 & 4 but not have it for the regular one? I think it would be easier to find bigfoot than that elusive regular phase 3 sheet that looks like phase 1 & 2 sheets.
:tantrum:

bubbleblower
01-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Back from my WI. Whoosh fairy Diane was sending must have been held up at the border (that willpower dust didn't make it thru customs, I guess :)) :drill: (I have some inflammation due to some lower back pain & also I'm having some - ahem- "digestive distress" - quite opposite of big C. Both are probably causing water retention)

But I WAS down 2.2 so onderland can wait til next week. If wuv can wait and persist thru anything, so can I!

Sometimes I get the "poor me" attitude going & had a bunch yesterday. And then I start comparing myself to other people's faster losses. :stress:

But, ya know what? I've lost 59 lbs in 28 weeks, which is STILL more than 2 lbs/week.
I've lost 41.75 inches off the areas that are measured and 9.1 BMI points all WHILE developing hypothyroidism.

When I see people complain about slow losses, I want to :kickbutt: on a nice day and :frypan: or :club: when my patience is running thin. I WISH I had the patience of Job (Scorbett) here but alas, we are all different.

Lots to be proud of there, Lisa! Sometimes we just need a perspective check. Sometimes it's tough to rally yourself, especially when you're usually the one rallying everyone else!

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Oh I know. I was just having fun :)

You did a GREAT job of finding those alt sheets! :mag: :book2: :comp:

Didn't she, though!!! I promise, I really looked hard before I asked, here and on the world-wide internet! Glad you are joking and laughing, Lisa.

I like those smileys with the magnifying glass and the one flipping through the book.

That stupid phase 3 sheet, really irritates me. Why would they have a nice sheet for alternate phase 1, 2, 3 & 4 but not have it for the regular one? I think it would be easier to find bigfoot than that elusive regular phase 3 sheet that looks like phase 1 & 2 sheets.
:tantrum:

The Phase 3 sheet is like the rare and elusive "whoosh fairy"...some claim to have seen it, but others claim it's just a myth (or tart, my vote is still "tart").

I wonder if Wuv might be able to get it for us since she is now a coach?

MonicaKolesnik
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Wow I am off of here for two days and were already on page 4 of a new vol of 100% you ladies were busy :p

First I wanted to say thankyou to all those who said such kind words after my whirlwind last shifts. After getting some much needed rest I spent the weekend shopping and at the movies with my husband. We went out to dinner twice both OP. I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal :cb:
Then I needed some new scrubs, but was sure I would be to big for the XL size, but to my amazement they fit!! and well. When I started IP I could no longer fit into this stores 3x sizes!! I was a very nice weekend for lots of reasons :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa32989 I am so sorry to here about your struggles this weekend. Its your health and your journey and you do whatever you need to to feel good thru it. You have a plan and I know you will be fine in the end. We are all to hard on ourselves we are human and sometimes being over emotional is what we NEED to get us thru.

Willi
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Monica- way to go! Doesn't that feel good! I went to four Reitmans this weekend and also got some great deals.

Lisa- so sorry to hear about your problems, that really sucks.

Ragdoll- agree with the others, you did amazing!

sahmmommy2
01-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm currently busy planning my daughters birthday party and cake which is this Thursday! EEEEEKKKKKEEE! Anyway, I haven't had much time to read and reply. Just know that I'm still kicking! I did WI today and am up +1 thanks to dear old aunt flo. She'd better make up for it next week, that's all I'm going to say about that:p

Have a great week!

scorbett1103
01-21-2013, 05:36 PM
I feel like I'm totally out of the loop - the weekend was crazy busy, I wasn't even home from 6:30AM until 10PM Sunday. We'd have been home later that day if the Pats hadn't turned into a cut-rate high school team :/

DH told me today if it was easy, everyone would do it.I'm sure I'll be less emotional tomorrow.

These two statements x10000000.
Lisa, I can't imagine the challenges you are facing - but you ARE facing them, head-on! That takes amazing strength and ingenuity. I also have hypothyroidism but soy has not been an issue with me, and because I won't be on the diet for much longer I am just pushing on until goal as-is. You should absolutely look into creating a line of products, you have the know-how and if you also have the connections you would be serving a huge group of people!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

I have seen her more on FB than here, but she is still around :)

I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal :cb:
Then I needed some new scrubs, but was sure I would be to big for the XL size, but to my amazement they fit!! and well. When I started IP I could no longer fit into this stores 3x sizes!! I was a very nice weekend for lots of reasons :D
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

that is awesome!!!!

IP43
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm staring at my burnt turnip fries that I have been waiting for all afternoon. Le sigh. This is why I make soup.

....grumble...mumble... gonna go make some soup:stir:

mompattie
01-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Sorry to threadjack, guys. Its been a rollercoaster of a few days.

That's IP rockstar stuff right there! :congrat:

Good for making it thru the day!
For myself, I can't be thinking of any "bad" stuff I'm going to eat when I reach goal. I have to think of the lifestyle change as ongoing if I am to maintain. Will I be able to lighten up a bit? Sure. But with the soy & gluten restrictions, I won't be returning to life as I knew it, nor do I want to. That way got me to being an unhealthy mess! To a new life! :cheers:

But, ya know what? I've lost 59 lbs in (edit) 25 weeks, which is STILL (edit) 2.36 lbs/week.

Last nite I was having a pity party and I shut down contact, cleaned up the kitchen and went to bed. I grabbed Dr Tran's new book (which I have read) and just opened it. I opened to page 40 where he talks about self compassion & realized how HARD I've been on myself.

So what if I don't lose as fast as some? At least I stick with the plan, which is way better than I can say for MOST of the people who have come & gone from 3fc-IP. There is a whole section in the book about changing your attitude about YOURSELF for maintenance.

After reading this, I'd like to propose a book study thread. But I want to make sure we get everyone who wants "in" onboard first. For anyone who doesn't have access to a clinic, I can get your book and ship it to you ( I have paypal). So, if there is interest, I'll collect names this week, get books ordered and then we'll be off!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: You are doing amazing things here missy! Amazing work on our body and your soul....which are BOTH important in our journey!

She's in FB and doing great!!!!

Where's Cadu???????

Wow I am off of here for two days and were already on page 4 of a new vol of 100% you ladies were busy :p

First I wanted to say thankyou to all those who said such kind words after my whirlwind last shifts. After getting some much needed rest I spent the weekend shopping and at the movies with my husband. We went out to dinner twice both OP. I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal :cb:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa32989 I am so sorry to here about your struggles this weekend. Its your health and your journey and you do whatever you need to to feel good thru it. You have a plan and I know you will be fine in the end. We are all to hard on ourselves we are human and sometimes being over emotional is what we NEED to get us thru.

YEAH Monica!!!!!! AWESOME STORY ABOUT PENNINGTONS!!!!! Sooo cool outré too small for there!!!!! Awesome feeling!!! And scary too at the same time. I know what you mean when the only stores I have shopped at forever at Pennngtons and Addition Elle. And now???? Rickis and REITMANS to start!!

I'm staring at my burnt turnip fries that I have been waiting for all afternoon. Le sigh. This is why I make soup.

....grumble...mumble... gonna go make some soup:stir:

Par boil them first. Then drain. Then roast. Doesn't take as long and they don't burn waiting for the snide to soften. LE sigh. Told ya it was contagious!! Rainbows influence is everywhere!

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks Pattie! will attempt again with your advice. Didn't know they had a "snide" -- new scrabble word for me :)

rainbowsmiles
01-21-2013, 08:18 PM

:bravo: this is such wonderful news!!! way to go!! :encore:

IP43
01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Just cooked me up some rotini for the first time -- used 2 packs-- and made an awesome pasta salad w tons of fresh veggies. I can't wait to try it. It made so much that I'm sure it will be more than 2 meals worth. Yumilicious!

auroragrl
01-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Feel out of the loop - I was away from the computer this weekend.

Gotta a whole lot more motivation - had some tests on my heart after some weird symptoms. I have some issues that have been discovered. I will have to be put on some meds (appointment coming), and have to lose the weight.

Too tired right now, too stressed - struggled with good food choices - in an area without lots of choices - did the best I could -

Ready for the new week.

Nolawhodatchick
01-21-2013, 09:55 PM

Gotta a whole lot more motivation - had some tests on my heart after some weird symptoms. I have some issues that have been discovered. I will have to be put on some meds (appointment coming), and have to lose the weight.

Too tired right now, too stressed - struggled with good food choices - in an area without lots of choices - did the best I could -

Ready for the new week.

Auragirl-

Sorry for your stressful day. You did the best you could and tomorrow is another day. You are already on track to losing weight, and you are doing so well with it, so know that you are doing the right things. Love yourself, treat yourself gently, sounds like it's been a long day. As Grandma used to say, a hot cup of tea and a good night's sleep, and things usually look better in the morning. Hang in there, we are all rooting for you!:hug:

IP43
01-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Just signing off and read the daily that Lizz is getting up at 5:00 a.m. to go for a run and just gotta say, God bless ya! You have more ambition than I my friend. This dude here is as close to jogging as I'll ever get:running:
If there was a group getting up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready to SLEEP IN, That would be the group I wanna join :D

Thanks all, for continued good chat, positive encouragement, and hugs and prayers for those who need them. No wonder I chose you geese to be my flock! (See the weekend daily for the goose story if you missed it :)

MonicaKolesnik
01-22-2013, 03:23 AM
that is awesome!!!!

YEAH Monica!!!!!! AWESOME STORY ABOUT PENNINGTONS!!!!! Sooo cool outré too small for there!!!!! Awesome feeling!!! And scary too at the same time. I know what you mean when the only stores I have shopped at forever at Pennngtons and Addition Elle. And now???? Rickis and REITMANS to start!!

Thanks Pattie. I have been going to Penningtons for years and only just discovered Addition Elle, now I am still a little gun shy to try out the other stores for fear that I will still be to big for there stuff. But as I get closer to goal I feel more shopping in my future!!

Monica- way to go! Doesn't that feel good! I went to four Reitmans this weekend and also got some great deals!!
That was certainly the icing on my weekend lol

bubbleblower
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal :cb:

That's terrific!!!! You have got to feel just wonderful! CONGRATS!!!!

MonicaKolesnik
01-22-2013, 07:35 AM
That's terrific!!!! You have got to feel just wonderful! CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks bubbleblower it was a very good weekend confidence wise :)

mompattie
01-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks Pattie! will attempt again with your advice. Didn't know they had a "snide" -- new scrabble word for me :)

LMAO. It's like a sneed. Only you don't have to cut down trees! :D (darn typos!)

Just cooked me up some rotini for the first time -- used 2 packs-- and made an awesome pasta salad w tons of fresh veggies. I can't wait to try it. It made so much that I'm sure it will be more than 2 meals worth. Yumilicious!

Yum sounds great!!! My coach says she asked the owner about ordering the rotini and she told her we can't get them!!!! That steams me because they can get hem in Saskatoon!!!! Grrrrrrrrr. I asked my coach to ask again! I would love to try them, rofl is going to grab me a package!

ragdoll74
01-22-2013, 08:47 AM

That's great!

Ragdoll- agree with the others, you did amazing!
thank you!

I feel like I'm totally out of the loop - the weekend was crazy busy, I wasn't even home from 6:30AM until 10PM Sunday. We'd have been home later that day if the Pats hadn't turned into a cut-rate high school team :/

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

I have seen her more on FB than here, but she is still around :)

Thanks!
It's really noticeable when you are busy, because you normally are pretty active here. Glad to see you had some time to check in.

She's in FB and doing great!!!!

Where's Cadu???????

Par boil them first. Then drain. Then roast. Doesn't take as long and they don't burn waiting for the snide to soften. LE sigh. Told ya it was contagious!! Rainbows influence is everywhere!

Thanks! I haven't seen Cadu post either in a while.

I didn't know about par boiling the turnips fist. I'll have to try that with the rutabaga also.

:bravo: this is such wonderful news!!! way to go!! :encore:

thank you.

Ready for the new week.

So sorry you are going through this. The good news is you already know what to do about the weight loss, since you are doing it now.

Just signing off and read the daily that Lizz is getting up at 5:00 a.m. to go for a run and just gotta say, God bless ya! You have more ambition than I my friend. This dude here is as close to jogging as I'll ever get:running:
If there was a group getting up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready to SLEEP IN, That would be the group I wanna join :D

Thanks all, for continued good chat, positive encouragement, and hugs and prayers for those who need them. No wonder I chose you geese to be my flock! (See the weekend daily for the goose story if you missed it :)

I'm in for the get ready to sleep in group. I'm getting sick of that darn 5:30am alarm going off everyday.

MyTime50
01-22-2013, 08:50 AM

IP43,
You are a gem! I look forward to your posts!! I'd fly in formation with you anytime! Just not at 5:00am! :angel:

PepperTown
01-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Hello :)

WI this afternoon!!!

Here's a site I found called 'Not A Real Diet'. Gives you a detailed description and recipes of a daily menu. Seems great

Have a great day....my omelet is ready...gotta go

http://notarealdiet.tumblr.com/

Nolawhodatchick
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone-
Just checking in today.

MONICA, Congratulations on that wonderful experience!!!!! So very happy for you!!!

Feeling a bit ill today, don't know if it has to do with coming out of ketosis as I have switched to the alternative plan. I've had a headache since yest. and today I feel a bit nauseated. Does anyone know if coming out of ketosis can make you feel this way? Hope it isn't the cyber-flu!

Hope everyone is doing well, to those of you who had WIs today, congrats on your losses. I read about a bunch of them on a seperate Wed. WI thread.

IP43
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
So, I'm back to going to my clinic. Of course coach hadn't heard that Pina Colada is being taken off so she has lots Lisa, if you want it! :)

She gave me info on "Female Issues and the IP Diet" that talks about spotting in post-menopausal women, birth control pills and contraceptive patches, Menstrual Irregularities, Temporary Hair Loss, and A word about PCOS"
If anyone is interested in those issues, I can type up the blurb, or figure out how to scan/attach the info. But maybe y'all already have that??

Secondly, I went to a hormone dr. today and he was surprised at how much calcium we're taking and said your body doesn't really absorb it as well in pill form, and there are studies linking calcium to greater calcium deposits on your arteries etc. He recommended getting your calcium through your food e.g. canned salmon with bones (eat the bones), almonds, an orange a day. Now obviously this is not IP, so I'm sticking with my pills for now, but for those getting off/maintaining etc. it might be good to see about adding calcium through real food (he also gave me a list

Finally (jeez I'm a "wealth o' information -- a.k.a. "full of it" tonight)
For the BIG C he recommended I have more magnesium, but magnesium HVP cheleate or 100 - 125 mg magnesium glycinate. You build your tolerance daily until you are "comfortable".

Again, this info may not be IP protocol -- I'm sharin' it for "after" or those interested

ragdoll74
01-22-2013, 07:12 PM
IP43 thanks for sharing! I haven't heard about the calcium pill issues before.

lisa32989
01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey all: I'm not so weepy! Who is to say whether or not I'll stay as strong as I feel today and won't go back to feeling PO'd from time-to-time but today I'm good. Thanks for all the support over the weekend.

I have some IP potato puree/zucchini muffins in the oven to take for lunches. I made a potato/zucchini pancake yesterday for dinner and it was SUPER filling!

Monica: Congrats!

So, I'm back to going to my clinic. Of course coach hadn't heard that Pina Colada is being taken off so she has lots Lisa, if you want it! :)

She gave me info on "Female Issues and the IP Diet" that talks about spotting in post-menopausal women, birth control pills and contraceptive patches, Menstrual Irregularities, Temporary Hair Loss, and A word about PCOS"
If anyone is interested in those issues, I can type up the blurb, or figure out how to scan/attach the info. But maybe y'all already have that??

Secondly, I went to a hormone dr. today and he was surprised at how much calcium we're taking and said your body doesn't really absorb it as well in pill form, and there are studies linking calcium to greater calcium deposits on your arteries etc. He recommended getting your calcium through your food e.g. canned salmon with bones (eat the bones), almonds, an orange a day. Now obviously this is not IP, so I'm sticking with my pills for now, but for those getting off/maintaining etc. it might be good to see about adding calcium through real food (he also gave me a list

Finally (jeez I'm a "wealth o' information -- a.k.a. "full of it" tonight)
For the BIG C he recommended I have more magnesium, but magnesium HVP cheleate or 100 - 125 mg magnesium glycinate. You build your tolerance daily until you are "comfortable".

Again, this info may not be IP protocol -- I'm sharin' it for "after" or those interested
Thanks! I got Pina Colada at Plain Protein. I want to support my IP clinic but she didn't have any :( I'm going to remind her to send out an email or FB or SOMETHING when she hears of things being discontinued. I didn't even get a chance to buy from her!

Thanks for the info from your doc, too. I've heard from many sources that too much calcium isn't good for us. It was another one of those "differences of opinion" I have with IP (that and soy were the biggies). I started following the Just Eat Real Food folks (JERF)...a lot of Paleo-leanings there. And I'd read synopsis of research re: calcium supplements. I'd prefer if that calcium was separate so I could choose whether to take it or not. I MAY switch out my potassium and mag when I'm done with this round of IP ones. I've certainly read enough to know which ones are more bio-available than others.

I'm going to a natural health practitioner tomorrow who will be testing adrenal functioning. I'm hoping all is well but I know something is off if my thyroid went so wonky

bubbleblower
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
I'll be interested to see my blood work results next month. I have been on thyroid medication for decades, and my results are always normal as a result. It will be interesting to see if anything is different after being on IP for a couple of months ... I do have to say that in my case I feel better than I have in years ...

(P.S. Good luck with the testing, Lisa!)

mompattie
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Good evening my gorgeous 100% Ipeeps!! I had my WI last night. Down another 2 lbs!!! :carrot::carrot: I've heard some conflicting info about the cleanse, but I'm still hovering around 85 lbs lost for a while now and I thought what the hey....it's not going to hurt! So I'm going to start the cleanse on the weekend. My coach said when she did the cleanse the first time it made her nauseated so advised me to start on a weekend when I'm not at work. Anyone have experience with the cleanse? I've heard good things and waste of money things but it won't harm me so I'm willing to try it.

Suggestions welcome!

IP43
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
I did the cleanse last summer, but my coach said taking as is is too strong for most people so she cut the amount a bit, and had me build up to taking as much as it said (started with less for the first 3 days or so). I also remember that she only wanted me to do it for 14 days (or maybe it was 21? I was LESS than what was recommended)
I didn't notice discomfort, but not sure it did anything, except in my mind. Couldn't hurt was my thinking. She said you should redo it with every 25 lbs lost.

The taste of all the stuff was not as unpleasant as other cleanses I've done. Just my humble opinon tho

lisa32989
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Good evening my gorgeous 100% Ipeeps!! I had my WI last night. Down another 2 lbs!!!
:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp:

joysh
01-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Hi Everyone!

I know I've been AWOL for the past couple of weeks. School has begun.

However, I wanted to share my latest loss today at the WI. Another -1.4. Now I'm at my original goal! I lowered my goal and will lower it one more time another 5 pounds. Then I'll start to phase off!

I went to the store this evening to try on clothes. I still cannot believe that I can take things from the rack in a size petite small and put them on! Also the pants size is between 10 and 12, depending on the cut. I wore a 22W pants and size 2X or XL before IP.

I'm pretty amazed and at this and very, very happy! Just continuing what I've done the whole way through! Yay IP!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lisa, where did you hear about the pina colada drink? It's still on the IP website. My coach did not know about it. I've emailed IP and will be happy to call about it. I really love that drink and do not want it discontinued. I have it for breakfast every other day.

Regards to all and good luck on the WIs!!

IP43
01-23-2013, 05:53 AM
WOW Joysh, you look GREAT! People like you give me real hope as you're the weight I started with (at the same time). If I hadn't taken a "break", I could be at the same size you're at now. This will give me great motivation to be lookin' fine like you by summer!
Glad to see you back and lookin' so fine! ;)

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Lisa, where did you hear about the pina colada drink? It's still on the IP website. My coach did not know about it. I've emailed IP and will be happy to call about it. I really love that drink and do not want it discontinued. I have it for breakfast every other day.

From my coach at my Mon am WI. She is also a RR
She double-checked while I was there and said it is no longer available to order.
I nabbed several boxes from Plain Protein thanks Bubble Blower)

bubbleblower
01-23-2013, 06:48 AM
However, I wanted to share my latest loss today at the WI. Another -1.4. Now I'm at my original goal! I lowered my goal and will lower it one more time another 5 pounds. Then I'll start to phase off!

I went to the store this evening to try on clothes. I still cannot believe that I can take things from the rack in a size petite small and put them on! Also the pants size is between 10 and 12, depending on the cut. I wore a 22W pants and size 2X or XL before IP.

I'm pretty amazed and at this and very, very happy! Just continuing what I've done the whole way through! Yay IP!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congrats!!! You look great!!

I nabbed several boxes from Plain Protein thanks Bubble Blower)

Happy to help!!! I'll be doing the same!

--------------------------------------------------------

I posted on the daily that I chalked up a 2.5 loss this week, taking me to under 10 pounds to go to goal! I went back and looked at my weight log from before I started IP (it seems like I've been on one sort of diet or another forever!) and I'm down over 30 pounds in all as of right now. I know the challenge will really be in keeping it off for the rest of my life, but I think this whole experience has taught me once again that anything is possible, with the right plan and a lot of commitment.

It's a good life, and I'm glad I'm not wasting it anymore.

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Great job bubbleblower!!

I just weight myself (no measurements till after I get the minion off to school) and I'm down 1.4lbs! That puts me 3.4lbs from goal!!!! I think TOM is making a visit too, so I'm surprised at the loss. I'll take it!

auroragrl
01-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Pina Colada is being discontinued?? SO SAD! That's one of my faves. I wonder why they discontinue certain things.

Have a good day everyone.

ragdoll74
01-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Congrats on the weigh in's mompattie, bubbleblower & scorbett!

joysh-you look amazing in your pics!

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Pina Colada is being discontinued?? SO SAD! That's one of my faves. I wonder why they discontinue certain things.

My coach said a few months ago they had announced they were discontinuing strawberry pudding but then promptly brought it back.
Maybe there needs to be an outcry on their website...

I just weighed myself (no measurements till after I get the minion off to school) and I'm down 1.4lbs! That puts me 3.4lbs from goal!!!!
:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp:

IdealProteinNewbie
01-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Good evening my gorgeous 100% Ipeeps!! I had my WI last night. Down another 2 lbs!!! :carrot::carrot: I've heard some conflicting info about the cleanse, but I'm still hovering around 85 lbs lost for a while now and I thought what the hey....it's not going to hurt! So I'm going to start the cleanse on the weekend. My coach said when she did the cleanse the first time it made her nauseated so advised me to start on a weekend when I'm not at work. Anyone have experience with the cleanse? I've heard good things and waste of money things but it won't harm me so I'm willing to try it.

Suggestions welcome!

Way to go!!! I posted to you in the Daily yesterday but I don't think you saw it.

I know DH is sending you to Vegas when you hit 100 lbs gone. You and I are soooo close to that (18 for you, 12.5 for me).

Let's get there together!!! :hug:

joysh
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
From my coach at my Mon am WI. She is also a RR She double-checked while I was there and said it is no longer available to order. I nabbed several boxes from Plain Protein thanks Bubble Blower)

My coach said a few months ago they had announced they were discontinuing strawberry pudding but then promptly brought it back. Maybe there needs to be an outcry on their website...

OK Folks, I already sent a couple of messages on the IP website. Please, if you like pina coladas, send them an email requesting that they keep this product!! I asked them to remain responsive to their customers. If enough of us do it, perhaps they'll keep the product.

WOW Joysh, you look GREAT! People like you give me real hope as you're the weight I started with (at the same time). If I hadn't taken a "break", I could be at the same size you're at now. This will give me great motivation to be lookin' fine like you by summer!
Glad to see you back and lookin' so fine! ;)

Thanks so much, IP43!!! I feel great! You will too!!:):)

Thanks, Bubbleblower and ragdoll!!!

Starshine
01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Life has been hectic, stressful and just out of it, but I've been trying to catch up here. So many great posts for the 100%! Congrats everyone, especially,
mompattie, bubbleblower & scorbett!

And joysh! Wow. You are doing so great! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I'm right there with you. I'm right at my first goal weight (well, off by .4 pounds as of Sunday), but I lowered my goal by 5 pounds to deal with the leftover fluffy areas. I think I'll lower it again another 5 pounds, but I'll take stock of things when I hit the 2nd goal. Let's celebrate together!:carrot:

Happy OP day, everyone!! :hug:

stargirl66
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Hello Peeps! Catching up with all the wonderful updates - wow!!! You all continue to inspire me and keep me going. I lost another 2 lbs this week, and hoping my winter wardrobe gets me through the season. I've been pulling things out of the closet that I can't wear anymore, and the pile is getting huge!

I have an upcoming trip to Orlando on the first week of March with my family. I think I'm going to need to modify my diet since we'll be walking miles everyday at the parks. I think I will need more than an extra packet forsustenance, and I'm not quite sure how I should do this. I don't want to get too far off plan. Any suggestions are welcome!

I just bought the Kindle edition of the new book from Dr. Robert Lustig called Fat Chance. This is the doctor that was featured on 60 minutes last summer, and was the turning point for me, when I made the decision to monitor my carb intake, and ultimately found IP. I'm only on chapter two, but wow, it's a great read!

Have a great day everyone!

cactusflower
01-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Congrats to everyone here! I don't post often but read daily and your experiences are so uplifting and encouraging. :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks so much for this thread - it really helps so much. :grouphug:

MommaHen
01-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Hello Everyone...thought I would do a quick check in...I have not been coming over here to this site much...I will try to do a better job of at least reading this thread. I was getting frustrated trying to keep up with all the threads and so much talk about cheating and drama and such that I have stayed away. I would like to share that I have continued to stay OP 100% even through a really rough bought of the flu that then became bronchitis. I recently went shopping and bought new clothes...I started out at my heaviest in size 20-22 pants...I recently bought 12's and actually could zip the 10's, but felt they were too tight. I have went from a size 46DD to a 40D bra as well. Here is a picture of me in my new size 12 jeans...my mother insisted that I show the bling on the pocket. ;)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/265027_4792069752699_1468237742_n.jpg

joysh
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Life has been hectic, stressful and just out of it, but I've been trying to catch up here. So many great posts for the 100%! Congrats everyone, especially,
mompattie, bubbleblower & scorbett!

And joysh! Wow. You are doing so great! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I'm right there with you. I'm right at my first goal weight (well, off by .4 pounds as of Sunday), but I lowered my goal by 5 pounds to deal with the leftover fluffy areas. I think I'll lower it again another 5 pounds, but I'll take stock of things when I hit the 2nd goal. Let's celebrate together!:carrot:
Happy OP day, everyone!! :hug:

Thanks, Starshine!! We'll celebrate together!

And conrgats to Scorbett, Mompattie, bubbleblower, and MommaHen!!

Mommahen,[B] you look great!!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Hello Everyone...thought I would do a quick check in...I have not been coming over here to this site much...I will try to do a better job of at least reading this thread. I was getting frustrated trying to keep up with all the threads and so much talk about cheating and drama and such that I have stayed away. I would like to share that I have continued to stay OP 100% even through a really rough bought of the flu that then became bronchitis. I recently went shopping and bought new clothes...I started out at my heaviest in size 20-22 pants...I recently bought 12's and actually could zip the 10's, but felt they were too tight. I have went from a size 46DD to a 40D bra as well. Here is a picture of me in my new size 12 jeans...my mother insisted that I show the bling on the pocket. ;)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/265027_4792069752699_1468237742_n.jpg

You look GREAT!!!

I'm a long-time "lurker" so I remember you well. I thought about you the other day...how is your husband doing?

IP43
01-23-2013, 01:10 PM
...I have an upcoming trip to Orlando on the first week of March with my family. I think I'm going to need to modify my diet since we'll be walking miles everyday at the parks. I think I will need more than an extra packet forsustenance, and I'm not quite sure how I should do this. I don't want to get too far off plan. Any suggestions are welcome!

I just bought the Kindle edition of the new book from Dr. Robert Lustig called Fat Chance. This is the doctor that was featured on 60 minutes last summer, and was the turning point for me, when I made the decision to monitor my carb intake, and ultimately found IP. I'm only on chapter two, but wow, it's a great read!

Have a great day everyone!

I know Lisa was thinking of a book study for Dr. Tran's book, but this one others could buy on kindle. If it's a good read, and worth doing with a group, let me know. I'd read along with ya ;) (or Lisa....) I'm game to learn more.

As for Disney, you'll lose lots in the walking that's for sure. I know the food is expensive too, so whatever you can bring along will be good. Often, if it's not as crazy busy, you might be able to do a few hours, then leave for a bit, have your big healthy meal, and then go back at night for the fireworks feeling rested and 'refreshed'. Then you could probably get away with just snacks and shakes throughout the day.

IP43
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Your ears must have been burning MommaHen. People were all just asking about you!

You look great! It may not be an issue for you, but FYI I had a breast reduction surgery and have never been happier. Have never seen a chiropractor since either. The relieve on my back was well worth it.

I know some women love being well endowed -- I didn't mind it either -- but I don't regret for a sec and am amazed how much smaller I am just without the "tent" affect of having to buy larger tops for my 'assets' :dizzy:

THanks for posting your pic. you should feel very proud

ragdoll74
01-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Mommahen you look fantastic!!! I was wondering what happened to you.

LosingLawyer
01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Good morning (well, it's still morning where I am) 100% Ipeeps!

Awesome weigh-in, especially so close to goal! :carrot:

We went out to dinner twice both OP. I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal :cb:

Great NSV, Monica!

Hi everyone-
Feeling a bit ill today, don't know if it has to do with coming out of ketosis as I have switched to the alternative plan. I've had a headache since yest. and today I feel a bit nauseated. Does anyone know if coming out of ketosis can make you feel this way? Hope it isn't the cyber-flu!

Hope you're feeling better Nola. :hug:

Suggestions welcome!

Nice weigh-in. Here's hoping that the cleanse jump starts things for you.

Hi Everyone!

I know I've been AWOL for the past couple of weeks. School has begun.

Regards to all and good luck on the WIs!!

You look fantastic! And so close to goal!

Congrats!!! You look great!!

I posted on the daily that I chalked up a 2.5 loss this week, taking me to under 10 pounds to go to goal! I went back and looked at my weight log from before I started IP (it seems like I've been on one sort of diet or another forever!) and I'm down over 30 pounds in all as of right now. I know the challenge will really be in keeping it off for the rest of my life, but I think this whole experience has taught me once again that anything is possible, with the right plan and a lot of commitment.

It's a good life, and I'm glad I'm not wasting it anymore.

Another great weigh-in! :D

Great job bubbleblower!!

I just weight myself (no measurements till after I get the minion off to school) and I'm down 1.4lbs! That puts me 3.4lbs from goal!!!! I think TOM is making a visit too, so I'm surprised at the loss. I'll take it!

Wow - everyone in this thread is so close to goal it seems! Congrats!

Momma Hen, you look fantastic!

------------------------------------------------------

Well, another long and busy workweek for me. I've been retaining water like crazy for the past week and a half due to TOM, and I'm finally starting to see the scale go down. Hoping for a big whoosh for next weigh in, but I can't really complain because I'm losing every week and I know the inches are coming off because my clothes are fitting better.

I've also started to really evaluate what I'm going to do after I get to goal and begin maintenance. I've found a lot of easy (and delicious) paleo/primal recipes that I've been using that are phase 1 compliant and I really think that I can eat paleo/primal long term. I don't miss any of the grains, really. Although I miss bread every once in a while, there are a lot of great paleo options using almond flour and coconut flour. I don't miss dairy, with the exception of cheese, but I figure that can be an occasional indulgence when I get to maintenance. I've been buying grass fed/organic meat since I started this diet as well. I have family members who eat paleo/primal so I've also seen how it can be done firsthand, on a long-term basis.

Anyways, that's my story. First things first, I gotta stay OP and get this weight off. Hope everyone has a great day.

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 02:21 PM
LosingLawyer: We can be maintenance paleo/primal sisters (when we get there). I still have a BUNCH of work to do...
My coach and her husband (the chiro who has the practice where her biz is) both eat that way, as well. I'll get LOTS of support I'll be able to share (when the time comes).

You look great! It may not be an issue for you, but FYI I had a breast reduction surgery and have never been happier. Have never seen a chiropractor since either. The relieve on my back was well worth it.

I know some women love being well endowed -- I didn't mind it either -- but I don't regret for a sec and am amazed how much smaller I am just without the "tent" affect of having to buy larger tops for my 'assets' :dizzy:

THanks for posting your pic. you should feel very proud
I had breast reduction 14 years ago. Doc removed EIGHT POUNDS OF boob! I was reduced to a size DD.
And I've never been happier, as well. But I've been to LOTS of chiropractors/physiatrists/physical therapists for my back/neck/shoulder pain, which was greatly reduced with the 8 lb reduction.
I hated the size AND shape. Doc fixed both :)

Nolawhodatchick
01-23-2013, 02:35 PM
I recently went shopping and bought new clothes...I started out at my heaviest in size 20-22 pants...I recently bought 12's and actually could zip the 10's, but felt they were too tight. I have went from a size 46DD to a 40D bra as well. Here is a picture of me in my new size 12 jeans...my mother insisted that I show the bling on the pocket. ;)
]

Looking Great! Might have to change your name to HOT MOMMAHEN:D

LosingLawyer
01-23-2013, 02:42 PM
LosingLawyer: We can be maintenance paleo/primal sisters (when we get there). I still have a BUNCH of work to do...
My coach and her husband (the chiro who has the practice where her biz is) both eat that way, as well. I'll get LOTS of support I'll be able to share (when the time comes).

I would LOVE to have someone else doing maintenance the paleo/primal way! That's awesome that your coach eats that way. Did you choose your clinic specifically based on that?

Recently I've found a lot of great paleo recipes on this site http://www.health-bent.com/ Some of the recipes are totally phase 1 compliant, and some only need minor tweaking to become phase 1 compliant. Of course, there are lots of others that will have to wait (fruit, copious amounts of bacon, sweet potatoes, etc.).

MommaHen
01-23-2013, 03:28 PM
I had a whole big multi quote thing going on to say thank you to all of you individually, but it was tooo long!

In response though...THANK YOU all for the compliments, it feels good to be shrinking. :D

My husband is also shriveling away before my eyes. He started out at his heaviest at 330 and this morning he was 229, so 101 pounds he has lost. I don't recall what he was when we started IP, I think 280ish. My son also started IP the Monday before Thanksgiving and he lost 31 pounds, he is moving to phase 3 tomorrow. We all feel so much better.

Looks like you all are doing well too...it was fun to lurk a bit and look at every ones updated pictures...we sure a big bunch of losers us IP folk! I am hoping to be at goal before my birthday in May..it is my big 40 and I would really love to have my birthday be a fun day. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

And a sweet little birdie on fb told me folks were asking...that means a lot ladies. And I am sorry that I haven't been around much, even to lurk. I was just getting so frustrated around the holidays with all the talk of cheating or quitting for a few days...for my own self preservation, I had to take a step back. :)

Hgamroth
01-23-2013, 06:53 PM
MommaHen=BEAUTIFUL!!! You are fabulous!

kileymed13
01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Mommahen you look fabulous!!!

I did a bit of research on paleo before joining IP. It seems like a lifestyle I could see my family and I living once I am done with my IP journey (except for my son who won't eat red meat!! I will have to make him something different). I will have to check out that website you posted earlier.

Starshine
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Yes, Mammahen, you look so beautiful!

As to Paleo, I'm Vegetarian, so nope. :)

Happy evening, 100%!

IP43
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm going to look into Paleo more but I gotta say the name SOUNDS very caveman with the whole "PRIMAL" thing. It would totally justify my hairy legs and beard! (Ok..TMI... I hear ya;)

Ug...me sign off now...(to go read more about Paleo/Primal food)

IP43
01-23-2013, 07:45 PM
OK, so ironically this is what I discovered:

"....some experts say all we need to do is eat like our Stone Age ancestors to be healthy. The Caveman Diet, also called the Paleolithic (or Paleo), Stone Age, and Warrior diets, is a plan based on eating plants and wild animals similar to what cavemen are presumed to have eaten around 10,000 years ago...."

I really CAN unleash my Inner TARZAN..... Ahhhh -EEE--Ahhhh... (IP43 swings from a Vine, wearin nuthin' but a fig leaf and a smile...)

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 07:59 PM

"....some experts say all we need to do is eat like our Stone Age ancestors to be healthy. The Caveman Diet, also called the Paleolithic (or Paleo), Stone Age, and Warrior diets, is a plan based on eating plants and wild animals similar to what cavemen are presumed to have eaten around 10,000 years ago...."

I really CAN unleash my Inner TARZAN..... Ahhhh -EEE--Ahhhh... (IP43 swings from a Vine, wearin nuthin' but a fig leaf and a smile...)

You almost made me spew tea out of my nose TYVM.

:D

IdealProteinNewbie
01-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Just have to share this...

I have a friend who started IP 4 days ago. She just texted me that it's too hard and she's stopping. She said she "tips her hat to me." I have to be honest, I'm disappointed in her lack of effort and that she won't reap the amazing benefits of this program.

However, I'm doing this for me and, yeah, sometimes it would be easier to just eat whatever I wanted, not plan tomorrow's menu, not have to prepare veggies, etc., what would be the point of that?

As I wrap up each day I become more proud of each and every one of us...we are in it for the long run and I know we will all be successful.

Each night before bed I know I did it for me, stayed 100% OP and I sleep easy. We are all in this together!!!

IP43
01-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Just have to share this...

I have a friend who started IP 4 days ago. She just texted me that it's too hard and she's stopping. She said she "tips her hat to me." I have to be honest, I'm disappointed in her lack of effort and that she won't reap the amazing benefits of this program.

However, I'm doing this for me and, yeah, sometimes it would be easier to just eat whatever I wanted, not plan tomorrow's menu, not have to prepare veggies, etc., what would be the point of that?

As I wrap up each day I become more proud of each and every one of us...we are in it for the long run and I know we will all be successful.

Each night before bed I know I did it for me, stayed 100% OP and I sleep easy. We are all in this together!!!

She'll be tipping more than her hat in a month. Ten bucks, after she sees you doing so well, she may give it a second look. And she WILL see results in the not too distant future. I'm sorry she's not there for you but WE are, and YOU are. There's 10,000 people here cheering you on (ok I don't have a clue, but look at how many times some posts are read) so stick with us! You're an official "flock" member!:angel:
(P.S. Your friend is NOT invited on our low-carb cruise either! NO swedish massages with Sven for her :nono:. She will REALLY be sad when that Lotto Max ticket comes through for us all:D)

P.S. Just thought of it -- get her to give you all her leftover food! LOL

IdealProteinNewbie
01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
She'll be tipping more than her hat in a month. Ten bucks, after she sees you doing so well, she may give it a second look. And she WILL see results in the not too distant future. I'm sorry she's not there for you but WE are, and YOU are. There's 10,000 people here cheering you on (ok I don't have a clue, but look at how many times some posts are read) so stick with us! You're an official "flock" member!:angel:
(P.S. Your friend is NOT invited on our low-carb cruise either! NO swedish massages with Sven for her :nono:. She will REALLY be sad when that Lotto Max ticket comes through for us all:D)

P.S. Just thought of it -- get her to give you all her leftover food! LOL

Thanks Diane. I know we all have each other's backs.

I'm doing it for me this time anyway. She actually did start because I've been so successful so no problem there!

ragdoll74
01-23-2013, 08:15 PM
IP43 hilarious!

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2013, 08:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

IP43
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
IP43 hilarious!

Thanks -- but I won't quit my dayjob! Life's too short to be serious. I hope no one is ever offended by my off colour look on life

BTW here's my new siggy as I search for my inner cave goddess:jig:

IP43
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

It's totally YOUR fault I've started looking for youtube links you know LOL.
Thanks for always adding some audio/visual for us. Sadly, my chest may be hairier than the guy in the video....okay...again TMI:jig:

( no wonder we've scared the guys to their own thread! LOL)

ragdoll74
01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Love the new siggy and love your sense of humor. I saw the caveman reference on the daily just now. Laughed out loud again.

I needed the laugh. Had a stressful day at work. Trying to catch up in the posts now.

MommaHen
01-23-2013, 08:35 PM
We phased from Atkins to paleo and had been paleo for about 3 months before we started IP...it was really hard to start eating food from the packets, I have not bought packaged stuff in so long. I know that when I get to phase 4 I will be on a mostly paleo diet...my body has a hard time with all the glutens and preservatives. I have several really good cookbooks that are paleo....YUMMY.

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
For those considering Paleo eating - I used to subscribe to Saving Dinner - they do a weekly menu mailer that includes recipes with a weekly shopping list, you get four menus per week (Regular, low carb, paleo and a daytime (breakfast and lunch) menu). Before IP I was using her recipes at least four of seven days. I even did some of her paleo dishes and they were good!

The regular membership isn't too expensive ($15 for three months, or $47 for a whole year), or she has a premium membership that includes a lot more bells and whistles. I only ever had the regular one, and I will be renewing my membership one I'm in maintenance.

Just another resource if you're looking for good food ideas!

http://savingdinnershop.com/menu-mailer-3/regular-menu-mailer-membership/

IP43
01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
For those considering Paleo eating - I used to subscribe to Saving Dinner - they do a weekly menu mailer that includes recipes with a weekly shopping list, you get four menus per week (Regular, low carb, paleo and a daytime (breakfast and lunch) menu). Before IP I was using her recipes at least four of seven days. I even did some of her paleo dishes and they were good!

The regular membership isn't too expensive ($15 for three months, or $47 for a whole year), or she has a premium membership that includes a lot more bells and whistles. I only ever had the regular one, and I will be renewing my membership one I'm in maintenance.

Just another resource if you're looking for good food ideas!

http://savingdinnershop.com/menu-mailer-3/regular-menu-mailer-membership/

...ug...me thank you... :jig: .... you good friend to Tigress, of the cave goddess clan...

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
...ug...me thank you... :jig: .... you good friend to Tigress, of the cave goddess clan...

waaaaa.....i don't wanna be a tigress of the cave goddess clan...i wanna be a gazelle!!!!

IP43
01-23-2013, 09:06 PM
waaaaa.....i don't wanna be a tigress of the cave goddess clan...i wanna be a gazelle!!!!

Ug... you tigress material... what you say each recipe? "Wanna take a bite?"
You graceful like gazelle--but have too much Grrrr and way too feisty... like it or not, you in my clan baby... (a goddess, is a goddess afterall :hug:)

P.S. Hippo clan is extinct :lol3:

Hgamroth
01-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Diane, you crack me up!

rainbowsmiles
01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
You graceful like gazelle--but have too much Grrrr and way too feisty... like it or not, you in my clan baby... (a goddess, is a goddess afterall :hug:)

hahahahahahahahahahah

YOU ROCK DIANE!!!

lisa32989
01-23-2013, 09:26 PM
you guys are hilarious

scorbett1103
01-23-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm dying here - I just checked my BMI after my weigh in today....

bubbleblower
01-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm dying here - I just checked my BMI after my weigh in today....

:bravo:

LosingLawyer
01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Scorbett - thanks for the recipe link! And congrats on the BMI!

IP43 - thanks for the much needed comic relief!

mompattie
01-23-2013, 11:01 PM

Diane, you crack me up!

hahahahahahahahahahah

YOU ROCK DIANE!!!

you guys are hilarious

Oh my!! Diane you are hilarious!!!! I love you and thanks for the smiles and giggles tonight!!!! Keep it coming Tigress baby!! And don't let the big kids tease you about your hairy legs. We live in Canada, eh? It's friggin cold here!!

Way to go scorbett on your BMI!!!!

I'm making cheesecake for my BFF's stagette on Friday night. Im gonna dork out and take my WLS cheesecake packet drizzled with WF choc sauce! Wedding next week!! Gotta get working on getting this tush into those spanx!

IP43
01-23-2013, 11:16 PM
...And don't let the big kids tease you about your hairy legs. We live in Canada, eh? It's friggin cold here!!
...Gotta get working on getting this tush into those spanx!

You're darn right it's cold! :brr: Where is that "January thaw" now??

YOU GO GIRL with all your "partying" OP style!! And if you're getting into a dress for next week, start now with those Daisy Razors too!

kileymed13
01-24-2013, 07:22 AM
IP43 thanks for the morning laugh. Such a great way to start the day!!

Scorbett Congrats!!!!! You have worked so hard for this. Too bad it is too cold to crank the music and open the windows in your new car and "show off" the new you :hug:

Starshine
01-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Diane, thanks for the laughs this morning!

And Scorbett! Way to go!!!:bravo:

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 08:25 AM
congrats Scorbett!!!!

IP43 :rofl::rofl:

MyTime50
01-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Congrats Scorbett !!! :bravo:
And IP43, you are hysterical! Thank you for starting my day with a good laugh! It's gonna be a great day!:carrot:

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 08:57 AM
I added a before and current pics to my profile. I still can't stand looking at my before pic, so not quite ready to put them in my siggy to see every time I post. The before pictures was taken just a few days before I started IP.

Once I get to maintenance, I might need to keep that before picture somewhere that I can see it on a daily basis. I think it will help to keep me focused on maintaining, because I do not EVER want to look like that again.

lisa32989
01-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Hey Fav IPeeps!
The scale just may finally be cooperating!
I just posted on the daily that my wonky Wii Fit said I was under 200 today. I'm not officially celebrating onderland until my Mon WI at my clinic but if I lost 1.6 since Mon, maybe that elusive sweetart finally showed up! (I used to love those things - now they just sound yuck!)

mightbe
01-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Scorbett....congrats on your BMI!

Ragdoll....you look tiny now, congrats on an amazing transformation!

stargirl66
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Woohoo Scorbett!!!

Ragdoll - fabulous progress, you look great!

mompattie
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
I added a before and current pics to my profile. I still can't stand looking at my before pic, so not quite ready to put them in my siggy to see every time I post. The before pictures was taken just a few days before I started IP.

Once I get to maintenance, I might need to keep that before picture somewhere that I can see it on a daily basis. I think it will help to keep me focused on maintaining, because I do not EVER want to look like that again.

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!! Way to go!! !!!

Hey Fav IPeeps!
I just posted on the daily that my wonky Wii Fit said I was under 200 today. I'm not officially celebrating onderland until my Mon WI at my clinic but if I lost 1.6 since Mon, maybe that elusive sweetart finally showed up! (I used to love those things - now they just sound yuck!)

TENTATIVELY DANCING!!!!!! :carrot::carrot:

BLUEJEWEL
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
You all look great! Scorbet congrats on the BMI, that is a tough one to meet!

And Ragdoll...you photos are amazing, you are shrinking!!!

I did not want to post again until I met my first 3 days 100% OP...and I did it!!! yippee...I am back on track! I have lost 4.5 pounds so far this week...whew!
I hope everyone has a terrific day! I am treating my self to a facial today! It has been 18 months since I have had one. CANT WAIT!!!!

De11s
01-24-2013, 03:22 PM
What GREAT posts!! Everyone is doing so well! Congratulations all around!

LosingLawyer
01-24-2013, 03:38 PM

Wow - those pics are great! You are looking absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Hey Fav IPeeps!

Yahoo! Hopefully it "sticks" for Monday.

I did not want to post again until I met my first 3 days 100% OP...and I did it!!! yippee...I am back on track! I have lost 4.5 pounds so far this week...whew!
I hope everyone has a terrific day! I am treating my self to a facial today! It has been 18 months since I have had one. CANT WAIT!!!!

Great job on sticking 100%.

IP43 - if you are interested in paleo/primal, a great resource/jumping off point for research is Mark's Daily Apple. He has a blog, forum, etc.

ragdoll74
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
mightbe, stargirl, mommpattie, BLUEJEWEL & LosingLawyer- thanks for all the compliments!

BLUEJEWEL- The hardest part is over. Smooth sailing all the way to goal for you!

I'm going to go through 3FC withdrawal tomorrow. I have a 8am-5pm class every Friday for the next 5 weeks and will not be able to get my 3FC time in until late.

IP43
01-24-2013, 05:48 PM
IP43 - if you are interested in paleo/primal, a great resource/jumping off point for research is Mark's Daily Apple. He has a blog, forum, etc.

Thanks! I'm not ready for another50-60 pounds, but THEN I will be ;) However, I'll mark it to read up about while I melt away here :p

LizRR
01-24-2013, 05:49 PM

I TOTALLY hear you on hating that 'before' picture - I put it right on my siggy as a reminder, and honestly, when my coach emailed it to me, I was HORRIFIED. I hadn't seen it before and have avoided cameras so it really did smack me in the face. I see the before & after of others during P1 and in maintenance and honestly, as much as we hate that before, it really does tell the whole story of where we came from (& never going back to).

1LittleStar
01-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Awesome losses, BMIs and pics! Everyone is doing great!

Had my weigh in today (usually before lunch and it late afternoon) and lost anther 2.2lbs! That takes me to over 40 lbs, and into the 260's. That's over 40 lbs in 9 weeks. And 2/3 of the way to my initial goal of losing 60lbs. Of course, now that I know that I can do this, and receive daily inspiration by reading all your posts, I certainly plan on keeping going past the 60lbs.

Also had a few great NSVs in the last few days. I now fit into many clothes that I haven't worn in a very long time, including a blouse that I was complimented on today. Also went out twice this week and as in booths both times. I've always fit before, but I can really notice how much more room I have than in the past. I didn't realize how much 40lbs really is until that moment.

I'm off to a kids skating competition weekend tomorrow, back for one day, then travelling for 3 days for work. I know exactly what I'm going to do and what I'm going to eat! I know that I will be 100% OP and that I will have a great loss this coming week!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Happy Friday 100%ers!

Weigh-in today!

BLUEJEWEL
01-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Happy Friday!
Nothing much to say, just hope you all have a Terrific 100% day!
Enjoy your Friday and your weekend!
FitMom...drink your water, carry it with you, and be sure to eat all your vegetables. This program is so simple if you accept that you are only eating what you are allowed...period! I dont buy the pkgs, I do alternatives, but knowing I can only eat what is OP and nothing else relieves me of ALOT of decision making and keeps my life simple! Alot of it is mental!!!
You can do it!!!
Have a great weekend

MommaHen
01-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Good Morning! I survived this morning...my son has moved on to phase 3 and this morning I made his breakfast and watched him eat every last bite of it...but I didn't even lick my fingers after I made his toast. :p

Puppies to the vet this morning and then it is home to work on a cake order. I hope everyone has a great Friday and even better weekend. OP of course! :D

scorbett1103
01-25-2013, 08:40 AM
FitMom...drink your water, carry it with you, and be sure to eat all your vegetables. This program is so simple if you accept that you are only eating what you are allowed...period! I dont buy the pkgs, I do alternatives, but knowing I can only eat what is OP and nothing else relieves me of ALOT of decision making and keeps my life simple! Alot of it is mental!!!
You can do it!!!
Have a great weekend

So true, so true!

Happy Friday to all! Been a little MIA the last few days, hubby started up his last semester of his Associates degree on Wednesday, and I got bombed with a couple of baking orders that kept me up late into early :) The good news is they are done, delivered, and today I get to start my first quilt! MIL is teaching me, quilting is a longstanding tradition in her family and all of us girls (daughter and inlaws) are picking it up. I'm as excited about the QT with her as learning a new skill.

Hope everyone has a great, 100% Friday!!

mompattie
01-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Happy Friday everyone!!!

Going to be a busy weekend! Tonight is the stagette/shower for my BFF that I'm standing up for next weekend. It's the girls from the office, we're having a wine tasting party and hot tubbing. It will be fun!!! I will be sipping my water and I'm going to take the homemade choc cheesecake I made the other night and a WLS cheesecake packet for me! I will also bring a big veggie tray so there's something healthy to snack on!

Tomorrow night is a friends group heading out to a cabaret. I've got a babysitter booked and I'm excited as DH and I haven't been out with friends forever!! Now to find something to wear!!

And I'm dreaming of my Vegas trip!!! How do you take the RTD when you travel? Can I take a couple in my carry on and the rest in my luggage?

MommaHen - GREAT job making that P3 brekkie for your son! You'll be soon there!

Scorbett- quilting sounds fun, but requires more patience than I have!! I'm envious of you quilters, you get such a beautiful quilt at the end and have enjoyed the process in the meantime!

bubbleblower
01-25-2013, 09:46 AM
And I'm dreaming of my Vegas trip!!! How do you take the RTD when you travel? Can I take a couple in my carry on and the rest in my luggage?

You'll have to check any liquids that are over 3.4 ounces (or drink them before you go through security ;) ) and can only take as many as would fit in a one quart zip lock bag. I normally put them in plastic zip locks in my checked bag, but rely mostly on packets and bars while I'm traveling. I'd also think that RTDs like the EAS shakes would be fairly easy to find in LV, so you may want to consider buying there vs. taking with you.

sahmmommy2
01-25-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm BACK! Survived my youngest one's birthday. Made a Princess Belle cake, which was fun. I'd never worked with fondant before, so I learned something too. My Grandma used to make these wonderful decorated cakes for us when we were growing up. I remember them seeming magical and larger than life. Trying to carry on that tradition for my kids. Made my hubby take the leftover cake to work with him tho;) Don't need that hanging around the house.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Looking forward to taking it easy today and catching up reading the forums!

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 10:25 AM

pattie, all airlines are different, so check with your specific airline.
for me....i flew british airways and had NO issues taking my RTDs and even a bottled water all in my carry on. I only took 1 carry on and a backpack. I had a doctors note, stating that i had special dietary requirements but never had to show it, I only discussed it and showed them my IP foods. I had about 20 packets and bars, 6.4 oz LIQUID STEVIA, 7 RTD's, (which were EAS shakes) and 2 bottles of water and 14 Grape Drink Concentrates. I had all the liquid items in a large clear baggie and had them out sitting on top to be cleared, and notified them as i came to the secure area that i had medical clearance and medical documentation for my dietary foods. I also copied the information below, had a name and contact of a person I spoke with on the phone as well, but was never asked to show it.

Maybe it was the fat lady using a cane that made them sympathetic! haha at any rate, i had no issues, but was only told that i had to keep all of these items in my backpack and on the floor in front of me, or under the seat when taking off, and not to put them in the bin overhead. that was the only instructions they gave me.

hope that helps :) call your airline to double check. have fun in LV baby!!!!

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/airline-checkin-luggage-liquid-policies-62990.html

Carry-on Exceptions

Certain liquid items may exceed the TSA's 3-1-1 requirements based on medical need. All prescription and over-the-counter medications are exempt from the rule, as are water, juice and dietary liquids for passengers with medical conditions. Breast milk, formula and baby food are allowed in larger quantities when traveling with a young child. All items that exceed 3.4 oz. must be declared at the TSA checkpoint and additional screening procedures, including those requiring the opening of containers, may be performed.

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm dreaming of my Vegas trip!!! How do you take the RTD when you travel? Can I take a couple in my carry on and the rest in my luggage?

MommaHen - GREAT job making that P3 brekkie for your son! You'll be soon there!

Scorbett- quilting sounds fun, but requires more patience than I have!! I'm envious of you quilters, you get such a beautiful quilt at the end and have enjoyed the process in the meantime!

You'll have to check Canada's rules

In the US, the TSA doesn't allow water bottles or other liquids larger than 3 oz. through security. This is not an individual airline issue, this is the government. I didn't travel with ANY RTDs (you could pack in checked luggage with no problem). I had packets in my carry-on & nobody looked twice. I also had them in my luggage. I brought an empty Brita water bottle with me b/c in the US you can't take water through security. You can BUY it on the other side of security ($$) and for that price, I figured it would pay for my Brita bottle & I'd be able to re-use the Brita bottle a LOT more! Just fill up at the nearest drinking fountain and viola! filtered water!

I just made sure my shaker and some cut up veggies for the trip were in my carry-on as well. All was good.

The hassle TSA might give at one airport over another for the "medical supplies" wasn't worth it to me. Some of them really think they are "all that". I made-due with dry packets for the trip.

mompattie
01-25-2013, 11:11 AM
You'll have to check any liquids that are over 3.4 ounces (or drink them before you go through security ;) ) and can only take as many as would fit in a one quart zip lock bag. I normally put them in plastic zip locks in my checked bag, but rely mostly on packets and bars while I'm traveling. I'd also think that RTDs like the EAS shakes would be fairly easy to find in LV, so you may want to consider buying there vs. taking with you.

I'm BACK! Survived my youngest one's birthday. Made a Princess Belle cake, which was fun. I'd never worked with fondant before, so I learned something too. My Grandma used to make these wonderful decorated cakes for us when we were growing up. I remember them seeming magical and larger than life. Trying to carry on that tradition for my kids. Made my hubby take the leftover cake to work with him tho;) Don't need that hanging around the house.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Looking forward to taking it easy today and catching up reading the forums!

pattie, all airlines are different, so check with your specific airline.
for me....i flew british airways and had NO issues taking my RTDs and even a bottled water all in my carry on. I only took 1 carry on and a backpack. I had a doctors note, stating that i had special dietary requirements but never had to show it, I only discussed it and showed them my IP foods. I had about 20 packets and bars, 6.4 oz LIQUID STEVIA, 7 RTD's, (which were EAS shakes) and 2 bottles of water and 14 Grape Drink Concentrates. I had all the liquid items in a large clear baggie and had them out sitting on top to be cleared, and notified them as i came to the secure area that i had medical clearance and medical documentation for my dietary foods. I also copied the information below, had a name and contact of a person I spoke with on the phone as well, but was never asked to show it.

Maybe it was the fat lady using a cane that made them sympathetic! haha at any rate, i had no issues, but was only told that i had to keep all of these items in my backpack and on the floor in front of me, or under the seat when taking off, and not to put them in the bin overhead. that was the only instructions they gave me.

hope that helps :) call your airline to double check. have fun in LV baby!!!!

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/airline-checkin-luggage-liquid-policies-62990.html

Carry-on Exceptions

Certain liquid items may exceed the TSA's 3-1-1 requirements based on medical need. All prescription and over-the-counter medications are exempt from the rule, as are water, juice and dietary liquids for passengers with medical conditions. Breast milk, formula and baby food are allowed in larger quantities when traveling with a young child. All items that exceed 3.4 oz. must be declared at the TSA checkpoint and additional screening procedures, including those requiring the opening of containers, may be performed.

You'll have to check Canada's rules

In the US, the TSA doesn't allow water bottles or other liquids larger than 3 oz. through security. This is not an individual airline issue, this is the government. I didn't travel with ANY RTDs (you could pack in checked luggage with no problem). I had packets in my carry-on & nobody looked twice. I also had them in my luggage. I brought an empty Brita water bottle with me b/c in the US you can't take water through security. You can BUY it on the other side of security ($$) and for that price, I figured it would pay for my Brita bottle & I'd be able to re-use the Brita bottle a LOT more! Just fill up at the nearest drinking fountain and viola! filtered water!

I just made sure my shaker and some cut up veggies for the trip were in my carry-on as well. All was good.

The hassle TSA might give at one airport over another for the "medical supplies" wasn't worth it to me. Some of them really think they are "all that". I made-due with dry packets for the trip.

Thanks everyone for the awesome advice. Lots of fantastic ideas!!!!!! Gonna get me a Brita water bottle! I may have to take some bars in carry in and RTD in luggage. I want to bypass any hassle! Cut up veggies another awesome idea!!!

And LISA!!!!!! HOLY SMOKIN HOT NEW PICTURE!!!!!! You look fabulous!!!!

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
And LISA!!!!!! HOLY SMOKIN HOT NEW PICTURE!!!!!! You look fabulous!!!!
Thanks. Thought it was time to show off the 60 lb weight loss. My old avatar was starting weight last summer.

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
lisa....i had to do a double take!!! didn't even know it was you, thought it was someone new to the group!!

you look fabulous!!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com (http://www.NashuaNutrition.com)

saw this post on another thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
lisa....i had to do a double take!!! didn't even know it was you, thought it was someone new to the group!!

you look fabulous!!!!
Thanks Sweetie!:hug:
This plan works!
I can only IMAGINE what my goal pics will look like :)
Before avatar below (for new folks)
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8465/8413515241_7a017a85aa_t.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8413515241/)

IP43
01-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Lisa--I saw your pic in another thread and came here to compliment ya! WOW! What a difference for sure!

Now I have to google the song "You're one hot mama" for you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5TJemW_iE

The first few lines are even good for us IPers...

"You're doin' all you can to get in them old jeans.
You want that body back, you had at seventeen.
Baby, don't get down; don't worry 'bout a thing.
'Cause the way you fill 'em out, hey, that's all right with me."

We may not get into THOSE jeans, but we're doin' just fine!

MommaHen
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Holy Smokin' Hot Momma LISA!!!!! I didn't realize it was your either. WOW, you look fabulous!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Lisa--I saw your pic in another thread and came here to compliment ya! WOW! What a difference for sure!

Now I have to google the song "You're one hot mama" for you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5TJemW_iE

The first few lines are even good for us IPers...

"You're doin' all you can to get in them old jeans.
You want that body back, you had at seventeen.
Baby, don't get down; don't worry 'bout a thing.
'Cause the way you fill 'em out, hey, that's all right with me."

We may not get into THOSE jeans, but we're doin' just fine!
I might before I'm done...who knows? But I'm so old that those jeans kids would call "mom jeans" now!:rofl:

Starshine
01-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow, wow, wow, Lisa! I thought it was someone else too. :) You look beautiful. Congrats on being so successful and doing such a great job mentoring people here too! You're fabulous! :hug:

IP43
01-25-2013, 06:05 PM
I might before I'm done...who knows? But I'm so old that those jeans kids would call "mom jeans" now!:rofl:

Yeah, I wouldn't be caught dead in my old "road runner" jeans that I had to lay on my bed to do up before putting on my 4 wheeled roller skates.... ah good times LOL

I'm okay with Mom jeans. At least the crack of my @$$ isn't cold on a wintery Jan. day :) I'm just hoping to get out of jeans that don't have "stretch" material.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-25-2013, 06:15 PM
lisa32989: I was scrolling through and saw your glamour shot...you look amazing!!!

Down 1 pound this week, plugging along!!!

Starshine
01-25-2013, 06:39 PM
lisa32989: I was scrolling through and saw your glamour shot...you look amazing!!!

Down 1 pound this week, plugging along!!!

Congrats, IdealProteinNewbie! You are doing so well! :hug:

IdealProteinNewbie
01-25-2013, 06:40 PM
You know you're living the "100% lifestyle" when you just planned out your menu for NEXT Thursday-Sunday's four day work conference...six days before you even get on the airplane!!!

Three packets sitting in each quart size zip-loc bag :D

IdealProteinNewbie
01-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Congrats, IdealProteinNewbie! You are doing so well! :hug:

Thank you!!! :broc:

MonicaKolesnik
01-25-2013, 07:00 PM
This plan works!
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8465/8413515241_7a017a85aa_t.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/17882544@N02/8413515241/)

LISA!!!!! You Look FABULOUS!!! :bravo::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::bravo:
__________________________________________________ _______________
I just put up new comparison photos of myself to really show the difference and I am loving it. For any interested in looking click the link in my signature. Now to read thru and catch up on all you busy ladies!!

ragdoll74
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Lisa you look incredible!!!! Had to read your name a couple times to make sure it was the Lisa I thought it was.

Monica- Great pics! You are rockin' IP.

MonicaKolesnik
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Lisa you look incredible!!!! Had to read your name a couple times to make sure it was the Lisa I thought it was.

Monica- Great pics! You are rockin' IP.

Thanks Ragdoll!! Your before and after pics are great too!!!!

Nolawhodatchick
01-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Lisa, you do look fantastic. I was tempted to kid you and ask if you did something new with your hair, but you have worked way to hard and look way to great for me to even make a joke. Way to go, you are beautiful!

Ragdoll, I also commented last night on the daily (wrong place, and last post on that thread) about how incredible you look in the progress photos. I was so impressed, you also look so beautiful and the photos are very inspiring!

Sorry if I missed anyone's accomplishments this week, I've been not monitoring as close as we have a stomach bug in the house (again, blah) and my little guy has been home with me.

IP43
01-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Lisa, you do look fantastic. I was tempted to kid you and ask if you did something new with your hair, but you have worked way to hard and look way to great for me to even make a joke. Way to go, you are beautiful!

Oh man! I wish I'd thought of that one too! That actually really WAS funny. You're right, she HAS worked so hard and does look great, BUT, after all the people at work asking about her hair, a bit o' heckling would not have been out of order :fr: (Said with love Lisa :hug: You've posted so much lately that I feel I know you well and feel comfortable buggin' you -- that 's a true sign I care! :D)

bubbleblower
01-25-2013, 09:22 PM

I did the same thing at first!! Lisa, as I said on an earlier post, you look *GREAT*!!

Thanks everyone for the awesome advice. Lots of fantastic ideas!!!!!! Gonna get me a Brita water bottle! I may have to take some bars in carry in and RTD in luggage. I want to bypass any hassle! Cut up veggies another awesome idea!!!

That's what I do. On my last flight I had an IP bar, an IP cappuccino (that I put in coffee on the plane), and a zip lock with celery and cauliflower. I bought a salad and a bottle of water at the airport.

saw this post on another thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty

Thanks for the alert re: the coupon code!

ragdoll74
01-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks Monica & Nola!

lisa32989
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Wow, wow, wow, Lisa! I thought it was someone else too. :) You look beautiful. Congrats on being so successful! You're fabulous! :hug:

LISA!!!!! You Look FABULOUS!!!!

Thanks so much 100% IPeeps! I was just reminded that a week ago I had such a weepy weekend and I was so sad/demoralized/PO'd. I've lived through a week and my plans have me solidly on track. I even decided that 2 HB eggs are approximately a restricted (I'm calling it that b/c of fat content) and I might sub out for them occasionally (since my restricted choices are so limited). I'm really not worried about the slight difference in protein b/c I usually have a little whey protein in my morning coffee, or added egg whites in recipes. I'm just gonna have to see how it goes & what happens with losses when I do it. This former Atkins girl just isn't scared of a little fat. Its the carbs that cause the problems!

OMG! TOO FUNNY! And yes, I DID get my hair cut/styled today (which kinda kills the mood but it was STILL funny!) But seriously, the only real difference in my hair, is that my flat-out-fabulous stylist styled it instead of lil-ol-me. I only WISH I could make it look like he does! When I win the lottery, I'm having him style it every morning - at my beach house!

You know you're living the "100% lifestyle" when you just planned out your menu for NEXT Thursday-Sunday's four day work conference...six days before you even get on the airplane!!!

Three packets sitting in each quart size zip-loc bag :D
Now THAT is planning! You're doing so great!
Got me thinking I'm leaving for Ft Lauderdale for 4 days/3 nites next Sat. Its never too early to start planning that (AND I just realized I STILL need a swimsuit!). Got rid of my FOUR wayyy too big but in really good shape suits.

Ragdoll, I also commented last night on the daily (wrong place, and last post on that thread) about how incredible you look in the progress photos. I was so impressed, you also look so beautiful and the photos are very inspiring!
Skinny minny to be sure! I only hope to look so good so close to goal!

IP43
01-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Well I'm off tomorrow to MIL to celebrate a big family "do" so not sure how much I'll be posting. (Maybe lots if I'm hiding to avoid people!) This is the same MIL who seems to forget that I'm trying to avoid carbs. For one meal at her house I ate a burger patty the size of a yo yo for supper because she forgot I couldn't have buns and all the "salads" were macaroni, rice pudding for dessert, caesar salad with extra dressing and croutons.... The next meal she 'remembered' I was only eating salad so gave me lettuce with carrots on top, and that's all. I didn't even have the heart to pick off the carrots.
Wow, I can't wait to see what "smorgasbord" awaits me tomorrow LOL... gonna make sure I have extra shakes and bars in the car. As a teen I might have sneaked out to the car for a beer. Now I'll be sneaking out to get some soy and protein:lol:

LosingLawyer
01-26-2013, 12:23 AM
monica- you look great! I love seeing the progress pics.

mompattie - you are going to have so much fun in Las Vegas! I always drive there since I'm only about 4 hours away, but usually you can get great package airfare/hotel deals. I like to research hotels on tripadvisor to get an idea of what people like/don't like about the particular hotel.

Regarding hotels, i agree with others that you don't need to go for the swankiest hotels, but I will say this - there is a lot of cigarette smoke in Las Vegas and the newer/nicer hotels have better ventilation systems. I'm pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke so I will usually pay the extra money to stay somewhere like the Venetian/Wynn, etc. The Cosmopolitan is a gorgeous hotel as well. Most hotels on the strip also have a "resort" fee of $20-$30 per night as well, so remember to factor that into the cost.

If you aren't going to be driving, then yes, bring walking shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking. Weather should be beautiful in March though.

I'm totally excited for you and now I realize I need to plan another Vegas getaway weekend!

This former Atkins girl just isn't scared of a little fat. Its the carbs that cause the problems!
!

This x 100. IP is low fat and I comply, but this is part of the reason why I will go paleo for maintenance because it focuses on good healthy fats and doesn't buy into the BS notion that you need grains as the cornerstone of a healthy diet.

IP43- good luck with the in-laws! I'm sure you'll have some funny stories to tell!

Suzali
01-26-2013, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=lisa32989;4607442][COLOR=Green]Thanks so much 100% IPeeps!

Lisa, you look great! I didn't know the new picture was you! ( and wasn't paying attention to the name, just used to everyone's avatar picture.

lisa32989
01-26-2013, 07:33 AM
This x 100. (being not scared of the fat) IP is low fat and I comply, but this is part of the reason why I will go paleo for maintenance because it focuses on good healthy fats and doesn't buy into the BS notion that you need grains as the cornerstone of a healthy diet.

I comply with the IP low fat rule, too, even tho I know I lost 100 lbs on Atkins eating bacon! I lost slower than IP because of the volume of food I was eating. IP has helped me with that. After reading Gary Taubes, Dr Eades, Dr Atkins, and more, I KNOW it is not the fat keeping me fat (saturated or otherwise). What caused me to regain was allowing grains back in, never getting to goal, and not following the maintenance plan. This (extremely low fat) is actually the only part of IP I'm not happy with (well, not really...there IS the soy, gluten, and unhealthy fats in their packets).

I'm doing IP b/c it works and I needed something drastic to calm my out-of-controlness. I'm a big believer in JERF (Just Eat Real Food) and can't wait to get back to that and to do it in a MUCH healthier way. I was eating real food and everything else in sight. It wasn't working. I craved EVERYTHING! Now most of the time cravings are at bay. I'm not adding grains back in to bring those cravings back.

When others talk about looking forward to eating a food they are "missing" all I look forward to is eating real food and not so much packaged, processed stuff. I'll keep with it to goal tho. I like the results :)

Starshine
01-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks so much 100% IPeeps! I was just reminded that a week ago I had such a weepy weekend and I was so sad/demoralized/PO'd. I've lived through a week and my plans have me solidly on track. I even decided that 2 HB eggs are approximately a restricted (I'm calling it that b/c of fat content) and I might sub out for them occasionally (since my restricted choices are so limited). I'm really not worried about the slight difference in protein b/c I usually have a little whey protein in my morning coffee, or added egg whites in recipes. I'm just gonna have to see how it goes & what happens with losses when I do it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]This former Atkins girl just isn't scared of a little fat. Its the carbs that cause the problems!

Lisa, being a Vegetarian, when I first started IP, I realized that the veggie proteins didn't have enough protein in them unless I ate lots of it, which upped the fat content and the calories too much. So I have been adding extra egg whites to my shakes every day. I don't do all the eggs, due to the added fat in them, as you noted. My weight loss has not been stalled by adding in extra egg whites.

I feel for you having to experiment with this. I did that when I first started, and it was really rough for a while, as IP doesn't have great advice for Vegetarians. You'll get through this. You are a superstar!!!

I comply with the IP low fat rule, too, even tho I know I lost 100 lbs on Atkins eating bacon! I lost slower than IP because of the volume of food I was eating. IP has helped me with that. After reading Gary Taubes, Dr Eades, Dr Atkins, and more, I KNOW it is not the fat keeping me fat (saturated or otherwise). What caused me to regain was allowing grains back in, never getting to goal, and not following the maintenance plan. This (extremely low fat) is actually the only part of IP I'm not happy with (well, not really...there IS the soy, gluten, and unhealthy fats in their packets).

I'm doing IP b/c it works and I needed something drastic to calm my out-of-controlness. I'm a big believer in JERF (Just Eat Real Food) and can't wait to get back to that and to do it in a MUCH healthier way. I was eating real food and everything else in sight. It wasn't working. I craved EVERYTHING! Now most of the time cravings are at bay. I'm not adding grains back in to bring those cravings back.

When others talk about looking forward to eating a food they are "missing" all I look forward to is eating real food and not so much packaged, processed stuff. I'll keep with it to goal tho. I like the results :)

I can't wait to get back to real food too. I wasn't eating so much of it with my free fall into obesity, but it is how I like to eat when I'm eating healthy Vegetarian. I'm really looking forward to maintenance for that fact.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about grains. I've been eating Seitan, which is wheat gluten, and I don't feel any side affects, but still. I miss my whole grains. I make a killer whole wheat bread, and I miss whole grain rice too. And whole grain tortillas. But I've gotten used to fajitas in a salad, and things like that, so I can just continue those practices.

When I hit maintenance, I'll slowly introduce back in foods to see how my body handles it, and to see if it makes me crave foods. I'd love to have some popcorn, but I don't know if I can have that, as I'm pretty sure that is addiction causing. It might be left for the occasional fun days.

All my best, Lisa! And again, what a transformation. :) :hug::hug:

auroragrl
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM

This plan works!

[COLOR="Blue"]You both look FANTASTIC!! Congratulations. Everyone is doing so well. Way to go everyone. Just a quiet weekend at home, not much planned. Going to work on reading intervention things for my kiddos. Sounds exciting right?? :) Have a great weekend everyone and keep on doing so great!!

joysh
01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks. Thought it was time to show off the 60 lb weight loss. My old avatar was starting weight last summer.

Show it off, baby!!! Your new photo is beautiful, Lisa!!!!

LosingLawyer
01-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Lisa - I totally agree. I'm constantly amazed by the results of this program.

Morning everyone. Body pump at the gym this morning was insane because the A/C was broken in the room so it was a sauna. Like hot yoga, but with weightlifting. I was literally dripping sweat. Good workout though. I just finished my post workout meal of scrambled eggs and veggies, plus a pickle to get some salt back into me. Looking forward to Weigh in on Monday because I know I've shed a lot of the water that I've been retaining the past couple of weeks.

It's going to be a rainy weekend here, so I'm thinking I should try to squeeze in a facial and massage.

Hope everyone has a great 100% day!

auroragrl
01-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Found this recipe on pinterest. Sounds yummy. Substitute the veg. oil with EVOO and don't use the tortillas. Yummy. I like that I can make it for the whole family and in the oven.

Had roasted brussel sprouts and chicken patty for lunch. Yummy, too. This was the first time I had roasted the brussel sprouts - I'm not a big fan, but needed something different and really liked them roasted.

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients
•1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
•2 Tbsp vegetable oil
•2 tsp chili powder
•2 tsp cumin
•½ tsp garlic powder
•½ tsp dried oregano
•¼ tsp salt
•1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
•1 medium onion, sliced
•1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
•12 flour tortillas
•Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired

Instructions
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
2.In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
3.Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
4.Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
5.Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.

scorbett1103
01-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Found this recipe on pinterest. Sounds yummy. Substitute the veg. oil with EVOO and don't use the tortillas. Yummy. I like that I can make it for the whole family and in the oven.

Had roasted brussel sprouts and chicken patty for lunch. Yummy, too. This was the first time I had roasted the brussel sprouts - I'm not a big fan, but needed something different and really liked them roasted.

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients
•1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
•2 Tbsp vegetable oil
•2 tsp chili powder
•2 tsp cumin
•½ tsp garlic powder
•½ tsp dried oregano
•¼ tsp salt
•1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
•1 medium onion, sliced
•1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
•12 flour tortillas
•Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired

Instructions
1.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
2.In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
3.Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
4.Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
5.Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.

That sounds really good! I have done "Fajitas" and "Tacos" using big leaves of lettuce instead of tortillas, I'll bet it would work great with this too!

I LOOOOOOVE roasted brussels sprouts! They are a reason I look forward to maintenance, when veggies are unlimited - I hate that I can only have them occasionally on P1 :)

scorbett1103
01-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Oh - for those who are thinking of going Paleo in maintenance - this is another meal planning subscription service I've used in the past and they have added a paleo and a low carb menu to their offerings - the recipes are good and most are very easy to prepare!

http://www.emeals.com/meal-plans/

1LittleStar
01-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Big effort today to stay 100% OP today, but I did! We are in a small town for a skating tournament. For dinner, everyone was heading to the local Chinese restaurant. I googled it to try to find the menu, but no website. When we got there, they were overwhelmed b all the people. They had a buffet with the, usual chicken balls, noodles, rice, etc. kids were starving, so Hubby and kids went to buffet. I waited forever for a waitress to come over, and when she did, she was really rushed. She had no answers to any of my questions, like what kind of vegetables, any sauce, so I just said forget it. I drank my water, dropped everyone off at the hotel, went to the grocery store and bought a roasted chicken and cut up vegetables. Brought it home and my hubby said it smelled better than the Chinese!

So when there's a will, there's a way!

scorbett1103
01-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Big effort today to stay 100% OP today, but I did! We are in a small town for a skating tournament. For dinner, everyone was heading to the local Chinese restaurant. I googled it to try to find the menu, but no website. When we got there, they were overwhelmed b all the people. They had a buffet with the, usual chicken balls, noodles, rice, etc. kids were starving, so Hubby and kids went to buffet. I waited forever for a waitress to come over, and when she did, she was really rushed. She had no answers to any of my questions, like what kind of vegetables, any sauce, so I just said forget it. I drank my water, dropped everyone off at the hotel, went to the grocery store and bought a roasted chicken and cut up vegetables. Brought it home and my hubby said it smelled better than the Chinese!

Way to GO!!!! You are absolutely right, where there's a will there's ALWAYS a way!!!

LosingLawyer
01-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Scorbett- thanks for the recipe links!

Little Star- great job! You made the right decision!

Ugh, I've got a headache this evening. I hope I'm not coming down with the bug everyone has (and I've managed to avoid so far).

mompattie
01-27-2013, 02:32 AM

LOVE THIS!!!! Good for you!!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Just got home from an awesome night out!! Went to a cabaret with a group of friends!! Danced, visited, laughed, and drank.....WATER!!! Everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I said I was good with my sexy size 16 jeans in and have a goal to reach!! Plus I had a blast and you don't need alcohol to have fun! Plus watching everyone get stumbling drunk at the end of the night I laugh at them....gonna feel like crap tomorrow all hung over and I'm good to go!! Great night, awesome to have a night out with DH and friends!!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-27-2013, 08:33 AM

Just got home from an awesome night out!! Went to a cabaret with a group of friends!! Danced, visited, laughed, and drank.....WATER!!! Everyone kept asking why I wasn't drinking. I said I was good with my sexy size 16 jeans in and have a goal to reach!! Plus I had a blast and you don't need alcohol to have fun! Plus watching everyone get stumbling drunk at the end of the night I laugh at them....gonna feel like crap tomorrow all hung over and I'm good to go!! Great night, awesome to have a night out with DH and friends!!

Way to go! Isn't it the best feeling waking up the next morning not feeling guilty and knowing that you made the correct decision!

We're going to get to 100 pounds (and more) together!!! :D

scorbett1103
01-27-2013, 08:46 AM

You ROCK mama!!!

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 09:00 AM
That's how us IP folks roll & we roll outta bed on Sunday morning feeling fine! ;)

We all are!
And KEEP IT OFF too! :hat::goodvibes:cloud9::high:

IdealProteinNewbie
01-27-2013, 09:02 AM
We all are!
And KEEP IT OFF too! :hat::goodvibes:cloud9::high:

Yes we will! :D

ragdoll74
01-27-2013, 09:12 AM

Great job!!!! You didn't make any excuses, just stayed 100% all the way.

This is why I come here for inspiration. In the daily the same situation would have been reasons why they cheated.

Sounds like a blast! So nice to go out and have fun, and not have to deal with a hangover the next day.

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
This is why I come here for inspiration. In the daily the same situation would have been reasons why they cheated.
O.M.G. you WENT THERE! :cool:

I sometimes have such a hard time biting my tongue. Oh wait...I DON'T bite my tongue, which is why Scorbett is good cop!

I LOVE stories where one of us "made it thru" a tough situation. It gives me that "If she can do it, so can I" attitude. That is why I'm here so much! I need the inspiration and encouragement. Every day is NOT an easy day. But we can move thru and triumph over adversity and lose this fat in the process. IP is SO empowering!

I just planned my food for next weekend when we do a long weekend in Ft Lauderdale. I need to make sure I have all the packets I need when I go WI tomorrow (got the Pina Colada covered after the "discontinuation scare"). We're not even sure where we're staying yet. Hubby wants to get a last-minute deal. If I find out we'll have a fridge, things may change a bit (I'll take more muffins)

FL Weekend plan
Pack: celery & cukes, 2 servings each: Maple zucchini muffins & potato/zucchini muffins, Brita bottle

Saturday Feb 2: Flight to FL & Jimmy Buffet Concert Day
B: IP maple zucchini muffins
L: IP potato zucchini muffins
S: IP pina colada with true lime (take 2 in case a 2nd snack is needed due to late nite)
D 8oz burger w/ lettuce, onion, pickles, cucumbers

Sunday Feb 3
B IP maple zucchini muffins
S white cheddar ridges
D salad, seafood, veggies

Monday Feb 4
B: vanilla drink mix in coffee
L: IP pineapple banana drink, spinach salad
S white cheddar ridges
D salad, steak & seafood, veggies

Tuesday Feb 5: Beach Day & Fly home nite
B vanilla drink mix in coffee
L: IP pina colada with true lime, spinach salad
S: IP peach/mango drink
D: salad, steak & seafood, veggies

Extras: Take 2 orange drink, 2 pink lemonade, 2 extra white cheddar ridges to account for extra exercise, etc that my crop up. Always better to over-prepare!

mompattie
01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Way to go! Isn't it the best feeling waking up the next morning not feeling guilty and knowing that you made the correct decision!

You betcha!!!!!!!

I sometimes have such a hard time biting my tongue. Oh wait...I DON'T bite my tongue, which is why Scorbett is good cop!

I LOVE stories where one of us "made it thru" a tough situation. It gives me that "If she can do it, so can I" attitude. That is why I'm here so much! I need the inspiration and encouragement. Every day is NOT an easy day. But we can move thru and triumph over adversity and lose this fat in the process. IP is SO empowering!

I just planned my food for next weekend when we do a long weekend in Ft Lauderdale. I need to make sure I have all the packets I need when I go WI tomorrow (got the Pina Colada covered after the "discontinuation scare"). We're not even sure where we're staying yet. Hubby wants to get a last-minute deal. If I find out we'll have a fridge, things may change a bit (I'll take more muffins)

FL Weekend plan
Pack: celery & cukes, 2 servings each: Maple zucchini muffins & potato/zucchini muffins, Brita bottle

S: IP pina colada with true lime (take 2 in case a 2nd snack is needed due to late nite)

Sunday Feb 3
S white cheddar ridges

Monday Feb 4
S white cheddar ridges

Extras: Take 2 orange drink, 2 pink lemonade, 2 extra white cheddar ridges to account for extra exercise, etc that my crop up. Always better to over-prepare!

Lisa thanks sooooo much for posting this!!!!! I love travel menus. The muffin recipes are close by or easy to find? Recipe thread? Thanks!!!

Nolawhodatchick
01-27-2013, 10:11 AM
[COLOR=Green]O.M.G. you WENT THERE! :cool:

I'll go there! I decided to join the 50 day OP challenge and was surprised to see that "did you stay 100% OP" wasn't one of the spreadsheet questions! Nor is "did you eat anything off-program?" It only asks did you: eat 4 cups veggies? eat your protein? take your supplements? drink your water?" Cuz you can eat your veggies, take your supplements, drink your water, eat your protein and still cheat big-time. Call me naive. :dizzy:

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Lisa thanks sooooo much for posting this!!!!! I love travel menus. The muffin recipes are close by or easy to find? Recipe thread? Thanks!!!
Here's how I do it (yup, recipes are somewhere but I've copied my favs to my iPad so I don't have to search)

1 egg white (i think the recipe says 2)
pinch salt
whisk egg whites til frothy but not peaked

add 1/2 tsp baking powder + any spices you want
add your packet of choice (I mostly use potato, maple-oatmeal, banana pudding, blueberry pudding - now blueberry whey powder)
add 1 c (from raw) lightly sauteed shredded zucchini

Bake in muffin tins 350 F for 15-20 min. My oven is weird. Timing is different every time. Make 3-4 large.
I've been making 2 batches each of maple/zucchini and potato/zucchini & storing in fridge. I just don't have many grab & go options anymore after removing soy & wheat.

Starshine
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
mompattie, what fun and way to go to stay 100%! And wow, rocking size 16 jeans too! I bet your looked so sexy! :)

Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2.2 pounds. Yay! I still haven't figured out what my goal weight is. I lowered it five pounds, so I'm past my original goal weight, but I want more fluff to come off. It is coming off, and my stomach looks smaller on pretty much a daily basis, but still need to get more of the fat off.

An NSV---I have a friend who is an ex-model. She has never seen me anything but obese, and she has been wonderfully supportive of my IP journey. I was over at her house, and she took out a pair of size 10 skinny jeans that she didn't like and said, "These might fit you now." and offered them to me. They fit! :) I'm wearing them today. I cannot believe I can fit into her jeans. It amazes me, as this woman works out constantly and has a killer bod. My body is not killer, as well, it isn't. :) But still to fit into her jeans, just feels so good.

And, a good thing happened. I have to leave where I'm renting now, and I wasn't sure where I was going to move, as rents are ridiculously high here in Santa Fe, NM, and well, I don't make much money here. I've been really stressed about this for several weeks now. Complicating that is I have a cat and dog (both really well trained/behaved, but still, a cat and a dog).

Anyhow, the condo next door was just sold, and I chatted with the new owners. They aren't moving here for another 7 years, and were looking to rent their condo. They didn't want to take pets and the rent was really expensive, but I have great references from my neighbors here, and so they wanted to meet with me. They weren't sure about my cat and dog, but I invited them into my home, and luckily my dog and cat were on their best behavior (my cat even used his scratching post in front of them :) ). They saw how I kept my home, so that was good too.

And we got along great, and so they're letting me rent their condo and at a reduced rent also :D (still twice what I pay now though, but I've had a ridiculously low rent, as where I currently live is on the market). So I now can move on from the stress of trying to find somewhere to live, and just get back to regular life stress. The move will be easy too, as it's literally the condo right next to mine.

So that is a huge stress that I don't have to deal with anymore. :carrot: Maybe the whoosh fairy will come visit me on my next weigh in.

Beck81
01-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi 100%'s. I have been lurking on here, just not posting much. Maintenance is going great so far. Pretty much doing P3. I haven't planned a cheat day yet as I'm not craving anything. And I love my P3 breakfast.

All of you are doing great, pictures are beautiful and you'll be joining me in maintenance in no time. Keep up all the positive talk, it is nice to read.

I miss Wuv and her posts. Hope everything is going well for her (do ya hear me Lisa?)

Good luck everyone!

MommaHen
01-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Good Sunday Morning...Just checking in...doing well here. Lazy Sunday for sure...it is nearly noon and I am still in my jammies and not sure I am going to change into real clothes. Not really planning on doing much today...just being around the house and relaxing. The last few days were really busy with a cake order and it feels good to have nothing on my agenda for the day. :) Hope everyone is doing well and has had/continues to have a great weekend.

mompattie
01-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Here's how I do it (yup, recipes are somewhere but I've copied my favs to my iPad so I don't have to search)

1 egg white (i think the recipe says 2)
pinch salt
whisk egg whites til frothy but not peaked

add 1/2 tsp baking powder + any spices you want
add your packet of choice (I mostly use potato, maple-oatmeal, banana pudding, blueberry pudding - now blueberry whey powder)
add 1 c (from raw) lightly sauteed shredded zucchini

Bake in muffin tins 350 F for 15-20 min. My oven is weird. Timing is different every time. Make 3-4 large.
I've been making 2 batches each of maple/zucchini and potato/zucchini & storing in fridge. I just don't have many grab & go options anymore after removing soy & wheat.

Thanks Lisa!! Saved to my IP recipes file in my iPad as well!! Much appreciated gonna go make a few batches!!

mompattie, what fun and way to go to stay 100%! And wow, rocking size 16 jeans too! I bet your looked so sexy! :)

Weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2.2 pounds. Yay! I still haven't figured out what my goal weight is. I lowered it five pounds, so I'm past my original goal weight, but I want more fluff to come off. It is coming off, and my stomach looks smaller on pretty much a daily basis, but still need to get more of the fat off.

An NSV---I have a friend who is an ex-model. She has never seen me anything but obese, and she has been wonderfully supportive of my IP journey. I was over at her house, and she took out a pair of size 10 skinny jeans that she didn't like and said, "These might fit you now." and offered them to me. They fit! :) I'm wearing them today. I cannot believe I can fit into her jeans. It amazes me, as this woman works out constantly and has a killer bod. My body is not killer, as well, it isn't. :) But still to fit into her jeans, just feels so good.

And, a good thing happened. I have to leave where I'm renting now, and I wasn't sure where I was going to move, as rents are ridiculously high here in Santa Fe, NM, and well, I don't make much money here. I've been really stressed about this for several weeks now. Complicating that is I have a cat and dog (both really well trained/behaved, but still, a cat and a dog).

Anyhow, the condo next door was just sold, and I chatted with the new owners. They aren't moving here for another 7 years, and were looking to rent their condo. They didn't want to take pets and the rent was really expensive, but I have great references from my neighbors here, and so they wanted to meet with me. They weren't sure about my cat and dog, but I invited them into my home, and luckily my dog and cat were on their best behavior (my cat even used his scratching post in front of them :) ). They saw how I kept my home, so that was good too.

And we got along great, and so they're letting me rent their condo and at a reduced rent also :D (still twice what I pay now though, but I've had a ridiculously low rent, as where I currently live is on the market). So I now can move on from the stress of trying to find somewhere to live, and just get back to regular life stress. The move will be easy too, as it's literally the condo right next to mine.

So that is a huge stress that I don't have to deal with anymore. :carrot: Maybe the whoosh fairy will come visit me on my next weigh in.

Thanks!!! I'm glad you have this settled now. It's stressful just not knowing and then scrambling to find something! Ah, now you can relax!

Good Sunday Morning...Just checking in...doing well here. Lazy Sunday for sure...it is nearly noon and I am still in my jammies and not sure I am going to change into real clothes. Not really planning on doing much today...just being around the house and relaxing. The last few days were really busy with a cake order and it feels good to have nothing on my agenda for the day. :) Hope everyone is doing well and has had/continues to have a great weekend.

Sounds divine!!! We're chillin here today as well. Maybe a nap?? Going to make some zucchini muffins and make a grocery list. Need milk and veggies. Again. LE sigh. Maybe I'll send DH for groceries today. I'm just about over grocery shopping! And our groceries in Canada are so expensive! A jug (4L) milk is $6!!

rainbowsmiles
01-27-2013, 02:12 PM

:belly: :dance: :yay: :encore: :bravo:

ragdoll74
01-27-2013, 02:18 PM
lisa3289- yup, I went there.:D I know the reason I have been able to stay 100% OP this entire time is because of everyone here. I've learned so much from all of you and want to pay it forward. That is the main reason I read the daily. The reason I read this thread is for inspiration, and I get a big daily dose of it from all of you.

Starshine- great WI, NSV and also very lucky to score the condo next door. You should go buy yourself a lottery ticket today!

mommahen- I'm having one of those Sunday's too! I didn't take a shower until after lunch. We are expecting a bad ice storm here, so I did all my shopping yesterday to make sure I didn't have to leave the house today. Have a roast in the braising in the oven, and relaxing on the sofa between loads of laundry.

MonicaKolesnik
01-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Starshine; I am so glad this new condo worked out for you. I always hate how hard it is to find somewhere to live when we have pets, My pets are my children, they are part of my family as I am sure so are yours. I am so glad for all of you :hug:

Sounds divine!!! We're chillin here today as well. Maybe a nap?? Going to make some zucchini muffins and make a grocery list. Need milk and veggies. Again. LE sigh. Maybe I'll send DH for groceries today. I'm just about over grocery shopping! And our groceries in Canada are so expensive! A jug (4L) milk is $6!!

I here you Pattie, and whats worse is the selection is so poor shopping local. I go to the city at least once or twice every 2 weeks to get me shopping down as I can't even get my pets there food in town.

sahmmommy2
01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Lisa - I'm with ragdoll, I had to make sure it was you! What really threw me was the change in your face. Your face really looks slim, what a huge change:) And of course, your hair looks beautiful too:D

Suzali
01-27-2013, 03:31 PM

FL Weekend plan

Sunday Feb 3
S white cheddar ridges

Monday Feb 4
S white cheddar ridges

Lisa, this is so helpful, being so new to IP I was trying to figure out what I was going to do when hubby and I take a long Valentine's weekend. We used to plan this trip around the restaurants we would hit for brunch and dinner.

Starshine
01-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks!!! I'm glad you have this settled now. It's stressful just not knowing and then scrambling to find something! Ah, now you can relax!

Thanks, mompattie. Yes, less stressful now. Now it's time to pack. :)

l
Starshine- great WI, NSV and also very lucky to score the condo next door. You should go buy yourself a lottery ticket today!

Wow, great idea! I'm about to take my dog for a walk, so I'll take some money and if we pass a lottery selling place, I'll stop in (I've never bought lottery tickets, so it will be interesting :))

Starshine; I am so glad this new condo worked out for you. I always hate how hard it is to find somewhere to live when we have pets, My pets are my children, they are part of my family as I am sure so are yours. I am so glad for all of you :hug:

Thanks, Monica! :hug: Yeah, it is so hard when we have pets. I understand it, as I've seen some destructive behaviors, but my dog and cat aren't like that. My dog and cat are my family too. :) I'm so glad that the husband was crazy about my dog and so he and his wife are letting me rent their condo. They are really fun people too. I actually really like them.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-27-2013, 05:42 PM

Yay, I love everything about this post!!!

Happy that everything is falling into place and, of course, you are still kicking IP boo-tay :D

Starshine
01-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Yay, I love everything about this post!!!

Happy that everything is falling into place and, of course, you are still kicking IP boo-tay :D

:hug: IdealProteinNewbie! Your reply has me smiling from ear to ear! :D Thank you!

I so hope the boo-tay kicking keeps up as I get closer to (whatever???) my final goal is! :dizzy: You are kicking the IP boo-tay too! :kickbutt:

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Lisa, this is so helpful, being so new to IP I was trying to figure out what I was going to do when hubby and I take a long Valentine's weekend. We used to plan this trip around the restaurants we would hit for brunch and dinner.
I'm glad it helped. I debated posting thinking, all my 100% peeps got this. I guess it never hurts to share & I had it typed up so figured what the heck

IdealProteinNewbie
01-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Is it weird that the thing I'm looking most forward to in Phase 4 is vegetables?

I'm seriously addicted to roasted cabbage, asparagus and cauliflower.

Starshine
01-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Is it weird that the thing I'm looking most forward to in Phase 4 is vegetables?

Nah, it's not weird, at least not for me. I can't wait for Phase 4, so I can have tomatoes, green beans, brussells sprouts, eggplant, etc. etc. :) I'm a Vegetarian, so it's great that IP has let us have 4 cups of veggies a day and then unlimited lettuce.

IdealProteinNewbie
01-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Yes! I love that veggies are required every day, and I have definitely taken advantage of the unlimited lettuce many times!

I have always loved them but I have found new ways to prepare them and that's when the addiction started LOL :D

Starshine
01-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes! I love that veggies are required every day, and I have definitely taken advantage of the unlimited lettuce many times!

I have always loved them but I have found new ways to prepare them and that's when the addiction started LOL :D

Yes! :) I really never roasted the veggies much before, but now I do all the time, and it's great! I love that IP did requires all the veggies (it's why I decided to do IP instead of Medifast, etc.), and that it required learning how to cook the veggies different and get used to things like broccoli and cauliflower.

When people ask what I eat, I start with "Oh, about 8 cups of veggies (that includes the lettuce)," and that pretty much convinces them that I'm not starving myself or that I'm being unhealthy. :)

scorbett1103
01-27-2013, 07:57 PM

OMG I was JUST thinking about this the other day - I cannot WAIT for unlimited veggies!!!! I may never touch a potato again thanks to my love affair with rutabaga.

auroragrl
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
I miss fruit. Peeled an orange for my little girlie today and mmmm it smelled heavenly. I told her to hurry and eat it. :)

scorbett1103
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I miss fruit. Peeled an orange for my little girlie today and mmmm it smelled heavenly. I told her to hurry and eat it. :)

I have happy thoughts about fruit, but I am pretty sure the only time I will have it in P4 is at breakfast so I'm not allowing myself to miss it too much - just have to make sure I get it every morning to get it out of my system!

Suzali
01-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Just tried WF Strawberry Fruit Spread on the IP Chocolate Chip Cookie. Yum! Reminded me of chocolate covered strawberries.

MommaHen
01-27-2013, 08:34 PM
I have been cooking my son phase 3 breakfasts, and I have to say that I am really looking forward to those breakfasts. I do love a big breakfast. But because of IP I have stepped out of my comfort zone with veggies...rutabagas, roasted everything and fried faux rice have become a regular part of my grocery list...I really don't see that changing much once we are out of phase one.

mompattie
01-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I have been cooking my son phase 3 breakfasts, and I have to say that I am really looking forward to those breakfasts. I do love a big breakfast. But because of IP I have stepped out of my comfort zone with veggies...rutabagas, roasted everything and fried faux rice have become a regular part of my grocery list...I really don't see that changing much once we are out of phase one.

Same here!! I continue to make 1-2 batches of Greek yogurt weekly for my boys! I can't wait for P3. brekkies! But is agree, there's LOTS I LOVE about P1, esp the veggies and protein that we have made a part of our lives forever. :-)

onmyway1014
01-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Lisa - thank you for the muffin recipe - I can't wait to try them - I thought I read it makes 4 muffins. Don't laugh at me - but do you eat them all at once or how do you count them since its one IP packet? (I can hear you laughing and see the eyes rolling)

On a happy note for me: I ran into someone at the grocery store that I haven't seen since I started IP and she said I look great - not that my hair looks great. :) I guess at 60 lbs people can tell the difference is not my hair!

BTW- My hair is same as its always been - DH says maybe people keep commenting on the hair because now it lays closer /flatter because my face is not so round anymore. that's manspeak for a compliment I think.

IP43
01-27-2013, 09:00 PM
DH says maybe people keep commenting on the hair because now it lays closer /flatter because my face is not so round anymore. that's manspeak for a compliment I think.

Manspeak... I love that. Here's my DH's first compliment to me "Hey honey. Your back bulges are disappearing" (or something to that effect -- it may have been "back fat").... anyway, I knew in my heart it was a compliment...(right:?:)

Hgamroth
01-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Men! My husband is NOT one to compliment me. The only (unsolicited) comment he has given me was "Gee. Your boobs are getting smaller. Will that stop?" Grrrrrrrr!

bubbleblower
01-27-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm with all of you on the veggies. I never understand the posts re: difficulty getting the veggies in as I could eat more than the 4 cups allowed in P1. I'm also trying new things I've never tried before - like rutabaga - and loving them!

And too funny about the manspeak!! My DH is the same. (Laughed out loud about the boob comment! I could picture my DH saying that! :lol:)

Today was a good day ... Much better than yesterday's sulk. Not sure what was up with that, but I'm glad it passed. Maybe just a hormone thing. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! ;) )

Lisa, I love your food list. I did something similar when I went to FL for 5 days in December, and I had everything packed in individual plastic bags with each day's supplements, packets, and bars. It worked out great. For my longer trips (another is coming up in 2 weeks) I just try to take as wide a variety of foods as possible so I have some flexibility while I'm gone. The downside to that the last time was that I miscounted - but luckily thought I was taking extra but in reality managed just barely to cover what I needed. I'll double count this time!!

We went out for Sunday brunch today and I had smoked salmon on mixed greens (brought along my own salt and salad dressing) and had my normal lunch at dinnertime.

Glad everyone is doing well! Oh, and I did have to laugh about the daily thread. How true! Despite the bumps in the road (and hormone swings or whatever :dizzy:) there's nothing that has gotten me yet to seriously consider not staying OP. For some odd reason, though, I do have to admit a serious craving for a glass of milk (and I only ever drink skim milk ... go figure!)

IP43
01-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Men! My husband is NOT one to compliment me. The only (unsolicited) comment he has given me was "Gee. Your boobs are getting smaller. Will that stop?" Grrrrrrrr!

LOL that made me laugh. I had a reduction before going on IP, which was traumatic enough for DH. But now the girls are shrinkin' even more. I think he's starting to panic!:p Guess maybe I shoulda lost weight before I had my boob job! Oh well, my BACK thanks me now, even if hubby is a little :stress:

IP43
01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Question: Is there any reason (absorption or whatever) that I'm supposed to take some supplements at snack time? I have been taking them all at breakfast or in the evening, just twice a day, as snack one kept getting forgotten. Any "coaches" or wise people know why they spread 'em out throughout the day?

mompattie
01-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Lisa - thank you for the muffin recipe - I can't wait to try them - I thought I read it makes 4 muffins. Don't laugh at me - but do you eat them all at once or how do you count them since its one IP packet? (I can hear you laughing and see the eyes rolling)

On a happy note for me: I ran into someone at the grocery store that I haven't seen since I started IP and she said I look great - not that my hair looks great. :) I guess at 60 lbs people can tell the difference is not my hair!

BTW- My hair is same as its always been - DH says maybe people keep commenting on the hair because now it lays closer /flatter because my face is not so round anymore. that's manspeak for a compliment I think.

The "I love your new hair cut" comments get old fast!! I went downtown on Friday to pick up tickets at a store. The lady whom I sorta know says, wow you look great!!! I said Thanks!!! She said "once you set your mind to it it's easy isn't it?" Grrrrr. I could have frickin smacked her!! I said, "well some days go pretty well, but it is a DAILY CONSCIOUS CHOICE AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT EASY. Being fat is easy". You should have seen her face - 50 shades of red!! She won't say that stupid remark again!!

LE sigh. These men. I'm sure DH wouldn't notice if I ran up and down the street with my panties on my head. Geez. Mr. Notice Nothing!!

scorbett1103
01-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Question: Is there any reason (absorption or whatever) that I'm supposed to take some supplements at snack time? I have been taking them all at breakfast or in the evening, just twice a day, as snack one kept getting forgotten. Any "coaches" or wise people know why they spread 'em out throughout the day?

Yes there is a reason - your body can only absorb so much calcium at once, and there is calcium in the potassium supplement and the Cal-mag. It is spread out that way to make sure your body actually absorbs everything it's supposed to, otherwise it will just pass thru your system and become really expensive pee.

LizRR
01-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Ahhhhh.....finally....had some time this evening and got to prep my veggies and breakfast for the week! Roasted cauli mash, chicken broccoli casserole, cucumber-lemon ice cubes (for my ice cream), and strawberry bread pudding. I am going to run the dehydrator overnight for my zucchini chips - can't leave it plugged in while my son is awake (too easy for him to grab and pull over).

I wasn't prepared At All last week and had a big difference in my diet. My dad was here - which was great, but I didn't do my prep in time before he came and then spent what time I did have with him (and loving it). But need to be more prepared - especially when "morning" sickness rolls around at 3pm. I am up almost 10lb, and while I am expecting to gain, I am keeping an eye on it and want to stay in a healthy range. And fyi, my boobs and belly are EXPLODING - I'm only 8 weeks along and heard you show earlier than your first, but this is ridiculous!

OMG - that is A#1 top happiest thing for me about maintenance! I have cucumber-lemon ice cream All.The.Time. Zucchini chips. Rainbows Jicama crisps. Cauliflower puree. Red cabbage sweet slaw. Oh, the list goes on...

scorbett1103
01-27-2013, 09:59 PM
The "I love your new hair cut" comments get old fast!! I went downtown on Friday to pick up tickets at a store. The lady whom I sorta know says, wow you look great!!! I said Thanks!!! She said "once you set your mind to it it's easy isn't it?" Grrrrr. I could have frickin smacked her!! I said, "well some days go pretty well, but it is a DAILY CONSCIOUS CHOICE AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT EASY. Being fat is easy". You should have seen her face - 50 shades of red!! She won't say that stupid remark again!!

Best. Comeback. Ever.

:hug: :hug:

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 10:00 PM

Okay, here goes. :rolleyes:
It's one packet. It is one serving. Scarf away! :hun:
I spread them out over the morning, but I did that with my dark chocolate spinach smoothie

sahmmommy2
01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Seriously, ladies...too funny! At least we all know we're not alone with the "manspeak":D Panties on your head...:rofl:

I've been trying to catch up on everything and have decided I'm just sticking to this thread, what you're wearing/eating and the daily. There are too many other threads/drama out there to keep up with:dizzy: I don't want to comment on them and keep them on the first page. Guess I'm getting a little cranky in my old age:crazy:

LizRR
01-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Seriously, ladies...too funny! At least we all know we're not alone with the "manspeak":D Panties on your head...:rofl:

I've been trying to catch up on everything and have decided I'm just sticking to this thread, what you're wearing/eating and the daily. There are too many other threads/drama out there to keep up with:dizzy: I don't want to comment on them and keep them on the first page. Guess I'm getting a little cranky in my old age:crazy:

THIS x100000!!!! I am guilty of lurking on some random threads but make it a point to just leave them be.

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 10:23 PM

:high:
I had to go find the "high five" smilie for that one!
You should SEE how much I roll my eyes

IP43
01-27-2013, 10:28 PM
I keep saying that too -- I'll just "pop in" and check out the 100% thread and see what's up...

... hours pass.. no work gets done...marking sits unmarked...

Oh well. Gotta "Prioritize" and these days I need to be getting my mind around my food. I love spending time with you guys WAY more than my dust bunnies! They can just sit where they are.... oh look, here comes one rolling by now...:flow2:

IP43
01-27-2013, 10:30 PM
:high:
I had to go find the "high five" smilie for that one!
You should SEE how much I roll my eyes

Can we count "eye rolling" as an exercise for myfitnesspal? How many calories do you think that is -- or are we just 'firmin up' our laugh lines?:D

lisa32989
01-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Can we count "eye rolling" as an exercise for myfitnesspal? How many calories do you think that is -- or are we just 'firmin up' our laugh lines?:D
Today I need every exercise calorie I can get. Its been a tough one on my low back. I've been on ice a LOT today. I have a locked up SI joint & I ignored the home PT for far too long. I figure MAYBE if I stick with it diligently, my SI joint may get some movement by the time I'm at goal. It would help SO MUCH to relieve back pain!

IP43
01-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Good Lord Lisa -- you are an :angel: to have to put up with all this CR@P! (okay, I agree that there is a wee bit o' the :devil: in ya too! hee hee)

I'm sending you some "healing thoughts" from Canada. Hope the ice helps and that your back is feelin' better soon. I won't ask ANYMORE questions tonight to help relieve some of the :dizzy: (or is it :rolleyes:?)

IdealProteinNewbie
01-28-2013, 06:05 AM

LE sigh. These men. I'm sure DH wouldn't notice if I ran up and down the street with my panties on my head. Geez. Mr. Notice Nothing!!

Good for you!!! I don't know if I would have been able to think that fast on my feet.

I hope you're happy...I snorted my coffee when I read the "panties on head" comment LOL :eek:

IdealProteinNewbie
01-28-2013, 06:06 AM
lisa32989: Good luck this morning...I hope the train pulls smoothly into Onderland!!!

auroragrl
01-28-2013, 08:09 AM
Good morning!

It is supposed to be dreadfully cold here this week. However, feel for the Alaskans. Many of my friends in Fairbanks posted pics of 50 below yesterday. If they can get above the ice fog, the Northern Lights are probably fantastic! That is cold - - for sure!

Gotta get this week started! I'm hoping it goes faster than the last 2. It's January - almost February doldrums I think.

My scale was down 1.8 today! 2 more pounds and I will be back to where I stopped. I'm feeling great, and that really motivitated me. I was up about 10. It's been coming off in .2 and .4, but maybe I'm going to get a whoosh! :)

I was retaining water, and I drink my water everyday, don't know why for sure.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!! Let's get this week started!!;)

Have a great day everyone!!

bubbleblower
01-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning, everyone! We've got ice here this morning so everything has come to pretty much of a standstill. But in this whacky weather world of late, it's forecast to be in the 60s by Wednesday. The geese on the lake out back don't seem to know whether they're coming or going between the constant ice and thaw cycle.

My scale has finally started moving again so that was a nice boost for the start of the day.

Have a great day, everyone!

lisa32989
01-28-2013, 08:32 AM
lisa32989: Good luck this morning...I hope the train pulls smoothly into Onderland!!!
The wonky wii fit is worse than the woosh fairy...or else her tartness is residing in there eating tarts!

My back is inflamed as all get-out.

We'll see!

Annnnnnnnnd the daily already has that "cheat" suggested this morning...:rolleyes:

We do what we make up our minds to do. I've made up my mine. How bout you? :grouphug:

mompattie
01-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Nooooooo cheating here!! May as well throw 3 days of packets in the garbage! What a waste of time and effort. Know by experience. LE sigh.

sahmmommy2
01-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Lisa - Really hope you see onederland today! I am so sorry your back is causing you so much pain:hug:

WI was today. -1 lb and I'll take it. Had a taco salad for dinner last night and woke up feeling bloated. Maybe not the best meal choice prior to WI. Oops:D Time to guzzle some water and flush out the ole' system:p

ragdoll74
01-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Goodmorning all!

No cheating for me either, I couldn't deal with the consequences of it. I had the exact same weight as last week for my WI this week, but my scale said there was a 3% drop in body fat. I'm pretending it is 100% accurate again.:D

I know I ate 100% on plan so not worried about the number on the scale. I've had issues with the big C this week, and was expecting the scale would reflect that. Going to pick something up on my way home to help get things moving again. The strong coffee and hot lemon water I tried didn't work.

If anyone needs a good laugh today check out the website myhomeremedies.com and look up constipation. People post their home remedies on this thread and I was laughing out loud last night at some of the posts.

auroragirl & sahmommy- Nice WI's!!!

lisa- I hope your back feels better soon and hoping you make it to onederland!

Starshine
01-28-2013, 09:41 AM
auroragrl, sahmmommy congrats on the great weigh ins! And ragdoll, way to lose the fat %. Hope the Big C gets a fix soon.

Lisa, I so hope you feel better soon! :hug:

lisa32989
01-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Well not here
My coach contacted me as I was driving to my WI to double check to see if I was planning on today or Thursday because she has me on the schedule for Thursday (She obviously knew she was wrong). Lack of communication. I have an email confirmation for this morning at 8 AM. Oh well, my back is inflamed anyway we will weigh in on Thursday to see the weight that starts with a one