Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Times that I hate dieting.

Most of the time I have no issue with staying on plan, except for days like today. It's dinner time; me, mom, and SIL are all together in the car and we're trying to think of something everyone can eat. Because I'm the only one "dieting", I make this process difficult because everything everyone suggests isn't on plan for me, and no one likes anything I would suggest. My mom said she'd stop somewhere and get me a salad or something but I end up just feeling bad because my "special" food needs are causing an inconvenience. Does anyone else ever feel like that? Like your diet needs are a burden? It makes me wish I wasn't dieting so my mom can just get a bucket of chicken or something and call it a day and I don't have to do anything extra or special or feel left out because I can't eat what they're eating. It's really frustrating.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You know, I just had a discussion about this with my fiancé. We eat out a lot and he complained recently that I shoot down the places he'd like to eat. It's not even about "dieting" though--I just don't want fast food anymore.

So I offered a compromise. There's a Nathan's near me with a Subway in it. I got a very tasty salad while he was able to get hot dogs and loaded fries. Something like that offers a possible solution where everyone can sort of get what they want. Fast food joints usually have healthier options now anyway.

Otherwise...be a pain in the ***. I do it, and I don't budge anymore. I figure I worked hard to lose the weight and I'm not really interested in doing it again.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Where do they want to go? There are ways to find an alternative at practically all places. It is a hard choice when you see other things that look good, but surely there must be something.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I find my way of eating is compatible with almost every restaurant
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #5  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Well, they wanted to get fried chicken from Bojangles (Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits which means traditional southern cooking which means not really all that healthy unless you just eat green beans, lol), and naturally AFTER my mom gets me a Wendy's salad, I see a big sign right in the doorway that's like, "LOOK YOU CAN EAT AT BOJANGLES AND NOT KILL YOUR DIET!" with all these "smarter choice" options, hahaha. I'm being kind of strict with myself right now because I went a little overboard on Friday when I went out and I was on plan yesterday but my food choices weren't the greatest, so I was trying to recover from that by not eating anything too awful today, haha. It turned out okay, and I still allowed myself to have a biscuit and didn't eat all of my salad (it was HUGE!). But still sometimes I just wanna be able to eat fried chicken and macaroni and cheese with everyone else, lol.

Last edited by mimsyborogoves; 01-20-2013 at 07:26 PM.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

If you remove the skin, fried chicken can actually be a decent choice. I definitely understand the frustration of wanting to have what everyone else is having, though!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #7  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I feel like a pain in the arse because I'm gluten free, kosher and meat/poultry free. I try to just find something and if I can't, I go hungry and wait until I get home. My husband wants to out more often than I do. I simply don't like most restaurant food. It's too salty or something.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Oh I hear you, in fact fried chicken and macaroni cheese are my #2 foods if I were on death row (and you are in the south so yours probably tastes better).

But have you asked them for a compromise? A compromise being "let me know ahead of time where we are going so I can see the menu ahead of time".

A quick google search for me (we don't have Bojangles here, although part of me is grateful as I might be there daily) tells me you can get a 375 calorie grilled chicken burger (you can order without sauce and add mustard), pinto beans for 110 calories, and a diet coke. It also has less fat and calories than a Wendys salad.

So, you can have both, if they are willing to give you time to find what you need to buy

Last edited by sacha; 01-20-2013 at 07:30 PM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #9  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I often wish that 1.) I didn't know what was actually in food and 2.) that food tasted the way I remember it. It's sad (in a good way??) when I set out to have a "treat", account for the calories, etc, and then it tastes....meh. Bummer!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote