100 lb. Club - passed the first big challenge

View Full Version : passed the first big challenge

April Snow
01-19-2013, 11:46 PM
I went to a potluck tonight - so many yummy things around from meatballs to guac and chips to all kinds of sweets. I brought a dish with pasta, chicken and broccoli. I can't eat the pasta on my plan so as I planned, I took a portion picking out just the chicken and broccoli. And that's it. Didn't touch anything else, even thought I was tempted.

And I left all the leftovers for my friend who hosted - I figured it was too much of a waste to bring it home and then toss out all the pasta.

Here's hoping this show of willpower means a good WI tomorrow!

Daimere
01-20-2013, 02:32 AM
Congrats and good luck! Doesn't it feel so much better not leaving stuffed? I used to love coming out of big challenges like that without feeling like I was about to burst!

Mozzy
01-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Good for you!!!

charliee
01-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Well done! You have some amazing willpower to pass on the guac and chips. I'm going to the movies tomorrow, and I have no idea how I'm gonna pass up a big bucket of popcorn....

Misti in Seattle
01-20-2013, 06:54 AM
:congrat:

April Snow
01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
thanks Daimere, Mozzy, charliee and Misti!

And I did see a number on the scale today that I am very happy with, so it makes me so glad I stuck with it.

elvislover324
01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
You are the WOMAN!!! So happy for you!!

I was thinking back on Christmas and NYE about how I missed out on so much food, drinks, etc. And now that it's almost a month past, I'm so glad I stuck to my plan and look forward to next year. So much of my life revolved around food and drinks, now looking back I am quite sad about that!

Now that you've done it once, you can do it again in the future! We are much stronger than we think we are, even if it's just against a plate of chips & dip or cheese & crackers.