Weight Loss Support - Jewels Within #2

View Full Version : Jewels Within #2

PheonixRising
05-06-2003, 04:56 AM
:flow1:THE JEWELS WITHIN:flow1:

"There are jewels inside of you that if strung together would dazzle the world." Linda Knight

Hello-:wave:
Welcome to the Jewels Within. We are just a group of ladies fighting a battle to uncover the jewel within ourselves. We share our thoughts, goals, success, failures and anything else on our minds. We welcome anyone who would like to join us.

:angel:We have daily topics to guide us:
Monday-Goals for the week
Tuesday-Exercise
Wednesday-Food and recipes
Thursday-Long-term goals
Friday-Frustrations and failures
Saturday-Successes and thankfulness
Sunday-Result of weekly goals

:D So please, come on in, tell us about yourselves and get ready to meet some fun people.:D

:df:

PheonixRising
05-06-2003, 05:21 AM
Hi Ladies:
:queen:Well, today was my birthday. If anything it made me more determined to lose the weight. I'm sure you all understand that sinking feeling you get when you realize another year has slipped by and you haven't lost the weight yet.:no:
Anyway-I'm going to get back on track.:strong: Now I have a scale and can actually judge if I'm doing anything right. :lol: I'm going to do weigh in on Sunday.

Angel-:wave: Welcome back-:dancer: I missed you but I always knew in my heart we'd see you again. One day my friend, when we succeed we will meet, and I really look forward to that moment. ;)

Beth and Michelle: :wave: I sure hope you don't have any problems finding us. Beth you've been amazing, and probably the most dedicated of us all. You are a real inspiration.:angel: Michelle, I sure hope things are going well for you lately. :)

Anyone new to our thread: Welcome-:wave:we are very happy to have you here.

LKBAngel
05-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Amanda,

Its good to be back. :D Missed you too!

I'm just getting started on my diet again so it might be awhile before I see any results, but thats the way it goes.

I don't know how often I'll get to post since the courses I'm taking take up a lot of my time, but they do give me a reason to be online more often so maybe while I'm posting my assignments I can post here too. We'll see.

All for now, got to go get my oldest girl from school and it looks like we are fixing to get a thunder-boomer here.

Angel

Mitchypoo
05-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Hello Jewels... :wave:

Angel, i didn't see you before, but welcome back and i'm proud of you to be so open about your weight and stating your goals is a very positive thing to do.

:balloons: Amanda, Happy Happy Birthday! :hat: :gift: Hope it was as special as you.

OK, Tuesday is Exercise Day. I need to keep in mind that now that i'm done with the MS walk, i need to continue with my walking efforts. My goal is to do better next year.

PheonixRising
05-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Michele, I just thought I would let you know this much about Angel, she is the person who suggested the quote on which we built our name. I started the original thread where we met and Angel and Beth were the first two to reply to it.
Angel, I'm so glad you are taking those classes. I know how badly you wanted to take them. It makes me so happy to have you back, you were on my mind a great deal while you were gone.
Beth???? We hope to hear from you soon.

LKBAngel
05-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Hi all,

Amanda your still the greatest:)

My classes are going well. I've already completed HTML and am currently taking Javascript and CSS. I can talk for hours about all of them. The only draw back is that everytime I speak to one of my family members about what I'm doing their eyes glaze over as if I'm speaking in a foreign language.:D

I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! AMANDA:balloons: :hb: :D I hope you had a wonderful day!

I manage to go for a walk today, so I'm happy about that. I had to pack my 8 month old with me up and down the driveway (we have a long driveway) but she served as sort of hand weights. :)

All for now,
Angel

losinginillinois
05-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Hello ladies!
Its great to see old faces! Welcome back Angel. I am still here ladies. I just don't get on the computer much now that the weather is nice. Plus I have been looking for a new job, and a babysitter! As well as all the end of the school year field trips ect... I will be on every couple of days or so.

I lost 2lbs this week! Yeah! I am down 40 and over half way. Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. You are a great group of people. As well as my TOPS group! If anyone needs some local support its a great orgnization to check out.

Talk to you all soon! Keep up the good work.

Beth

PheonixRising
05-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Hey Beth,
Glad to see you. You are such a fabulous inspiration and I can't tell you how many times you have kept me going. Thanks.
Angel,
If you want to try being penpals again I would love that. Do you still have my email address? I will be real busy again next week because I start back to school but I'm sure I will still have time to email and keep up with you.
Michele,
Where are you this week? Hope things are going well.

Mitchypoo
05-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi Jewels,

Beth, woo hoo on the 2 lbs this week and your success so far!! :bravo: That is awesome!

I had my last 2 finals today and my Mother and Aunt are coming out for my Graduation next Tuesday and I'm Graduating on Friday! I'm very excited about all this.

Really struggling with the food and can't seem to stick to any WOE. Perhaps after all the excitement of having my mother here? :?:

I went to the Dr. yesterday about a few things but we discussed depression, my weight and I may go on an antidepressant. I hesitate to even say it, but I'm thinking it might be the best thing for me. Anyone else care to share if they are, if so, please PM me, I'd like to know your experience. I'm researching this particular drug and the others.

Have a great weekend!

PheonixRising
05-10-2003, 06:49 AM
I Got My New Computer :smug: Finally. :lol: Anyway, I just wanted to post and say hi. I should have a pic up in the next couple of days. You know, just as soon as I figure it out.:p Hope everyone is having a great week. See you soon.

PheonixRising
05-13-2003, 01:40 PM
I keep trying to post a pick but I don't seem to succeed. I think maybe it is too big to post? Anyway, where is everyone? How are you all doing? I'm busy getting on track. I hope to hear from you ladies soon.

losinginillinois
05-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Hello Ladies!
I have not been on the computer for so long! I actually got off work early tonight. I think my husband was a little disappointed that I chose to go on the computer! LOL!

How is everyone doin? Glad to here that you feel like you are getting on track Amanda. I got the Walk Away With Abs as a mothers day present. I am trying that now. I think it is a little harder then the ones I was doing. My dh is getting worried now that he is fat. He says he is going to try them. He really is not overweight. He just has a little extra tire. Of course I tried to tell him that the 6 cookies he ate today is not going to help! LOL!

What kind of pic are you posting Amanda? I was wondering about these new digital cameras they are advertising that are disposables. You get a disc with your pics. I wonder if you can post those? Anyone know? If I can I am going to start selling crap on ebay! LOL!

Keep it up Ladies!

Beth

PheonixRising
05-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I guess my other pics were just too big. Anyway, I finally got it figured out. :lol: Beth, I have no idea about those new disposables, but I do see they have digital cameras really cheap at WalMart. (Like $40) They probably aren't the best pics for printing but fine for posting on the internet. :)
I'm getting ready to start an ebay business myself. :s: I watch for when WalMart gets really good markdowns and then buy up a bunch of whatever it is to sell. I also am making beaded pendant watches to sell online. I wanted a pendant watch for school because I hate wearing a wrist watch but I looked everywhere and I couldn't find one. Finally I made my own. I'm hoping there are others out there who also hate wearing a wrist watch but need to have a watch none the less.:D
I got my camera at WalMart with a printer for $150. I figured I would probably be doing both printing and posting so I wanted a camera that was fairly versatile.
I'm proud of myself, I'm getting back on track finally. I also don't start school right away like I thought I did. I was so relieved to find that out. (I actually was ready to head to class Monday when we looked on the internet to see if the class was cancelled only to find out it doesn't start until June. :lol: ) Now I have more time to get caught up, and I need all the time I can get.
See you ladies later. I'm going to attach a pic of myself besides having changed my avatar to a pic of my daughter and I.

LKBAngel
05-15-2003, 10:11 AM
Hello all,

Amanda, Congrats on the new computer. Your little girl is very cute:) We can still be pen-pals. Let me know if you still have my email address it hasn't changed.

Well, I'm not doing much yet about the weight loss, just taking it easy and watching what I eat mostly. I'm also fighting another demon, smoking. Its taking top priority right now. I'm hoping once I quit that then I'll be able to exercise more easily, and the exercise will help with the quit. Just taking everything one day at a time right now.

Hope to post again soon,
Angel:D

losinginillinois
05-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Hello Ladies!
Amanda your little girl is to cute! I wish I could post pics of my kids. I am pretty proud of them. It is so funny to because you look a lot how I pictured you. I think you can tell a lot from a persons personality.

Angel glad to see you back. Good for you with the smoking. I have never smoked but I have clients that do and a few are trying to quit right now. It seems like a very hard thing to do. But I know you can do it.

Well ladies I have some good news. I lost 2.5 this week at TOPS. But the biggest thing was. I had to buy some new pants. I went to the resale shop and was able to purchase 2 size 10's! YEAH! It was a little bit of a fluke though because 2 size 12's did not fit. But I was still excited. I think I can wear these for a while to. They won't be getting to big anytime soon.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. If I don't get back on. Keep it up ladies!

Beth

SW 200
CW 157
GW 125

PheonixRising
05-15-2003, 03:19 PM
I am proud of my daughter. I understand totally Beth. I will tell you this, I consider our digital camera one of the best things I've ever purchased. It is fantastic, and in the long run a lot cheaper then developing a bunch of film. I can take pics of whatever whenever then just plug it in to my computer and download them.:) If I'd known how easy it was I would have done it long ago. Plus, I'm an impatient person so it is very gratifying to see the pictures right away and be able to print them out.

I used to smoke Angel, until I got pregnant. It is so hard to beat. I still crave one sometimes in social situations. One of the things that worked really well for me was small pieces of fruit. I would take cherries ( I love cherries.) or grapes and then I would still take a break like I was taking a smoke break and instead of smoking I would eat fruit. I found that for me the biggest part of having a cigarette was so I could create a break for myself and socialize. So as long as I had those without the cigarette I was fine. :shrug: It is so individual. I don't have your address on my new email account. I'll just give you my email and then when you get a chance email me, okay? It is abvell@aol.com Now that I have aol we can chat too if we catch each other online.:s:

Things are going good lately. I haven't been eating perfect or anything, but I've been improving. I just made huevos rancheros for brunch, yum. I read somewhere that to try to add more vegis to your diet try adding at least one vegi at breakfast, so on the non cereal days I've been trying that.

Michele, where are you and how are you doing? Hope to hear from all of you again soon.

PheonixRising
05-15-2003, 03:23 PM
I am proud of my daughter. I understand totally Beth. I will tell you this, I consider our digital camera one of the best things I've ever purchased. It is fantastic, and in the long run a lot cheaper then developing a bunch of film. I can take pics of whatever whenever then just plug it in to my computer and download them.:) If I'd known how easy it was I would have done it long ago. Plus, I'm an impatient person so it is very gratifying to see the pictures right away and be able to print them out.

I used to smoke Angel, until I got pregnant. It is so hard to beat. I still crave one sometimes in social situations. One of the things that worked really well for me was small pieces of fruit. I would take cherries ( I love cherries.) or grapes and then I would still take a break like I was taking a smoke break and instead of smoking I would eat fruit. I found that for me the biggest part of having a cigarette was so I could create a break for myself and socialize. So as long as I had those without the cigarette I was fine. :shrug: It is so individual. I don't have your address on my new email account. I'll just give you my email and then when you get a chance email me, okay? It is abvell@aol.com Now that I have aol we can chat too if we catch each other online.:s:

Things are going good lately. I haven't been eating perfect or anything, but I've been improving. I just made huevos rancheros for brunch, yum. I read somewhere that to try to add more vegis to your diet try adding at least one vegi at breakfast, so on the non cereal days I've been trying that.

Michele, where are you and how are you doing? Hope to hear from all of you again soon. I'm going to add another pic of my hubby and I.

losinginillinois
05-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Hello Ladies!
Looks like we are all really busy! I know i am. I will be gone all weekend. So you ladies have a great holiday!

I lost .75 this week. Not one of my better weeks but I am okay with that!

Beth

Mitchypoo
05-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Hello Jewels,

Sorry, i've been MIA but actually I was kind of lurking. Had a busy week last week, my Mother and Aunt came to visit from CA and I graduated college last Friday! :cb: It was really great, the commencement was fun and i was so happy. I had my mother and aunt and 2 cousins and a friend at the ceremony and it really meant a lot to me.

But my WOE has been awful, especially with my family here, we ate out a lot and there was no way to stay OP. I've been saying that now i'm getting back to low carb but i'm really struggling. I'm also having a LOT of fatigue.

On the up side, i'm going to meet a new guy i've been talking to for awhile. I'm fairly hopeful that he's a great guy and praying that we'll like eachother as much in person. We'll see what happens.

Amanda, liked the pics and yes, your daughter is a cutie. I'd love a digital camera too, didn't know they had them at walmart, i'll have to check it out.

losinginillinois
05-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Hello Ladies!

Back from a long weekend! Congrads Michelle on your graduation! It is hard when family visit! It throws off my eating and exercise. I managed this weekend to find the time to exercise. But I have to do it early before we start running around and things get hectic.

My ds is out of school now so it will probably be less often I can post. I used to do it in the afternoons when dd was alseep. I bribed them now if they gave me a few minutes we would go for a bike ride! I hope I make it!

Good Luck to all!

BEth

imlilbb
05-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Hello everyone! I am still alive and kicking... Thank Goodness! Starting over --- again --- today! I was doing SOOO well when I joined this thread back in February - then my hubby love came back from out of town and I just lost all control that I had - sigh. :dz:

Well - he is gone out of town again - now to Midland, Texas so I am bound and determined to get these extra 30 pounds (was only 18 until he came home) off of this again body :p once and for all!!!

I hope y'all don't mind reading my garbage every day but I figured if I had to hold myself accountable everyday for what I eat and what exercise I get - then I will be more successful. SOOO - for breakfast today - I had two pieces of toast and I used 1/2 a tablespoon of light margarine (cuz I was out of my Promise Margarine) and a tablespoon of grape jelly. Then on my way to work I ate a banana and took my One A Day Weight Smart vitamin with a cup of tea. I am struggling to get my water down because I don't have any lemons or lemon juice here at work... for some reason it always makes it easier for me to drink.

I am going to walk this evening when I get home from work and try to get in one of my exercise tapes before the days narrows to an end - but I have to take my oldest daughter to Tumbling practice at 7pm - so I just hope I can keep my energy level up!

Anyway - I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday!! Take care and keep strong!!! I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know we can do this - I know I can do this - I know I can do this - I know I can do this!!!

:wave: I can't wave too fast at y'all though cuz my "bye-bye" arms my flip around and slap me in the back of the head!!! :lol:

Talk to everyone soon -

Bobbie (imlilbb@yahoo.com)

SW - ? I will get on the dreaded thing this evening... ugh
CW - ?
GW - 120 lbs.

PheonixRising
05-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Hello Ladies :wave:
I know it has been a while since I posted. Things are going okay. Kind of hectic.:dizzy: I started my eBay business. I didn't sell a lot my first time out, but I learned a lot. (One of the biggies is to not list a bunch of stuff to end on a holiday weekend. :^: ) I start school again this week. I have to re-take a class from last semester, and I'm hoping my accounting class will go, but we'll see. The instructor has offered it three summers and it has never gone. If it doesn't go it would be okay I guess because it would save me the drive over to Steamboat 4 days a week.

It's good to see you Bobbie, Michelle, and Beth. Angel, you're MIA again. Drop in and say hello, or send me an email. I have not been following a program still, I think I'm going to start doing the WW point thing. I don't know yet. Anyway, I've got to get going, I have things to package and mail.

PheonixRising
05-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Guess I'm just here talking to myself. :lol: Just popped in to see if anyone is about. Everyone must be recouping from the weekend. Drop in and say "hi" would ya? Angel where are you? Beth? Bobby? Michele? Anyone else? Hope everyone is doing well.

Mitchypoo
05-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Hello Jewels, :wave:

I'm here, i've just been kind of quiet. Feel like I have nothing positive to post right now. I'm really struggling with WOE and have no program. I can't seem to get on track. Not sure where to begin. I've just been struggling with the day to day things. There's so much to do these days and I don't want to do any of it.

But I love to see all your efforts. OK, so Thursday is what day?

losinginillinois
05-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Hello Ladies!
I am here to! Just busy as usual. In fact i should be doing the dishes and picking up the living room right now. I had TOPS today and have not gotten my work done yet. But I did get my exericse in and what is more important!

I have been reading a good book Ladies that you all might enjoy. Its by Bob Greene Make the Connection. He is the guy that Oprah promotes. I am only half way through but he has some pretty basic principles. He not out there. I really want to get to the second book about Keeping the Connection. Which is my real struggle. He has a lot on finding your own inner strength and finding what makes you happy. I am not into the journaling but some of you may find it intersting.

I lost 2.25 this week at TOPS. I guess that bike ride paid off. I am going to the obgyn next week I am hoping to get an idea of what she thinks I should weigh. I am hoping that this will get some people off my back. I know this is a good problem to have but I am tired of people asking me " HOw much more are you going to lose?" Some are just concerned but others are almost rude about it. Like I have to justify that I am not starving myself or taking pills. I still weigh 154. I am only 5-1 and a medium frame. I don't think I am doing anything detrimental to my body. Okay I will calm down now! I have just been mad about this all day. I have worked hard to get this far. I am only 30 years old when I finish I want to look d*m good not just good. I am not going through all this for anything less.

I hope everyone else has a great day and keep it up ladies! Even just posting here is something and a start in the right direction!

Beth

Mitchypoo
05-29-2003, 06:13 PM
Hello Jewels,

OK, Thursday we talk about our Long-term Goals. I guess my long-term goal is to be healthy. I want to lose the weight for me, to feel great, to like who I see in the mirror, to feel good in my own skin, but ultimately to be healthy.

It's just that sometimes, like today when my pants feel to tight, and I feel icky, that the road seems very long... :(

losinginillinois
06-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Hello Ladies!

How is everyone? Its getting quiet around here again???? I had kind of a rough weekend but ready to jump back in the game. It was the milk duds and popcorn at the movies! If I go with dh I take fruit and I am fine because we usually don't get popcorn or if we do its a small. Or at least we don't get candy and popcorn. I practically horded the milk dud all to myself. My ds was like I want some candy. I was like "what candy? just eat your popcorn!" LOL! I am not going to let it get me down though. I rode my bike today and will walk tonight!

I hope the rest of you had an OP weekend!

Beth

losinginillinois
06-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Hello Ladies!

Where is everyone??? I am not alone in here am I? I have been doing okay. I will be anxious to see what the scale says tommorrow. I hope you all are doing well and hope to here from you soon!

Beth

LKBAngel
06-05-2003, 01:23 AM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been thinking about it everyday, just getting the time has been the problem.

The school year just ended for my oldest girl so I had a party to attend there (I'm homeroom hero), plus award ceremonies for the kids, mine got a certificate for perfect attendance, I had to be there for that. Plus she has dance and there fixing to have their big recital. So theres been her classes and pictures and rehearsel is this Friday and on Saturday the recital.

To top it all off I've got a cold this week, which makes it hard to concentrate on everything. I'm also in the final week of my CSS class so I'm trying to get that done before Friday as well. Plus keep the house clean and the kids entertained. I think I'm feeling sorry for myself right now, got to be the cold.

Anyway, I haven't done much in the way of losing weight. I still think about it everyday but just haven't done anything yet. The quit smoking thing isn't going well either. I wish there was a support group here in my town that I could join but there isn't, maybe I can start one, but I don't know when I would have the time.

I'm thinking about WW also at least thats available here. Might help to have more support on that front too.

I guess thats about it for now, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here.

Angel

PheonixRising
06-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Well ladies, I'm still around too. Just busy. One of my classes is about to start up and my hubby's business has been going really well. Anyway, I'll post more another time. Just letting you know I'm still alive and kicking.

losinginillinois
06-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Hello Ladies!
Glad to see you back Amanda and Angel.

Angel don't be to hard on yourself you have a full plate. I was thinking about this the other day as I contemplate going back to a day job. I don't really think I would have been as succesful if it weren't for my current schedule. I mean I can exericse in the mid am. But I don't have to rush and get it done before a job. If I can't exericse at home I can at work. Not many jobs can you do that. Also I am not really tempted with offers from coworkers to eat out or for food they bring. The biggest thing is I buy the food for work. I eat there 5 nights a week. My budget there is much better then my budget at home. I think it takes time to work it in to your lifestyle and it sounds like you have things that are more priorty now. As for me I am thankful for the time I have to devote to it now. Because I know it will not always be that way and it scares me.

I am terrible at posting about the topics you gave us Amanda.
I hope its enough to just post!

As for weigh in I lost 2.50 this week! Yeah! I went to the doc today to she said I could shoot for anywhere between 105-140. Very Broad. So I am shooting for 125-135. If I go with the higher number I only have 16 more to go. But that is the slacker me talking! LOL!

Michelle how are you doing??

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Beth

PheonixRising
06-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Beth, I'm so proud of you. You are doing such a great job. Only 16 more to go on the higher number??? Wow I only wish I were that close. You are a real inspiration.

On the positive note for me I went on a 45 minute walk today. Woohoo!!! I'm very proud of myself. Now if I can only continue that.

Talk to you later.

Amanda

losinginillinois
06-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Hello Ladies!
Way to go on the walk Amanda! It is so nice out its a lot easier to get those kind of things done. I went for a bike ride with dh this weekend but that was only exercise that I got in. I had a lot of house projects though.

How are you doing Michelle and Angel?

Well my food was not really bad this weekend but I ate more then usual. I am trying to get back into the swing of things. hey want us to write a menu out at tops and I hate it. I think it makes me eat more. I know that sounds silly. But they always make me feel like they think I don't eat enough. So If I know they will see it. I eat more, make since? TOPS is a great thing don't get me wrong but there are just a few things that I don't like about it.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Beth

Mitchypoo
06-10-2003, 09:08 AM
Hello Jewels, :wave:

Sorry I have been MIA, busy with work and this week is busy with church stuff and my new guy is coming down this weekend! So i'm getting ready for that.

Haven't been exactly OP, but i'm still working on it.

You all seem to be doing well........

More later.

PheonixRising
06-10-2003, 04:42 PM
I wasn't even trying that hard and somewhere between the last time I weighed myself (maybe 3 weeks ago???) and now I've lost 13lbs. Woohoo!!! :dancer: I'm all psyched up now. I even got up at 5 this morning came in here read, checked my email and then went for a walk. I'm trying to get to bed a lot earlier than I used to. So now I'm feeling pretty good about some of the things I've been doing.:cool: Anyway hope everyone is doing well.

losinginillinois
06-11-2003, 02:21 PM
Hello Ladies!
Way to go Amanda! That is great! Sometimes its when you are not even trying that you get the best results. I mean you are obsessing about it and just going on with the day to day. Keep it up!

Michelle glad you are checking in! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! I have a family reunion. We have to drive about 4 hours there and back. But I really wanted to go because I have not seen some of my family in two years. I get all my fat genes from this side of the family though. So you know the food is going to be a killer! Oh well I will enjoy and exericse when I get home!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Beth

losinginillinois
06-14-2003, 07:17 AM
How is everyone doing??? Getting ready to leave for family reunion. Lost 1.5 this week down 50. Here's to an OP weekend!

Beth

PheonixRising
06-14-2003, 07:48 AM
Hello Beth, hope your weekend goes well. Michele and Angel, hope to hear from you two soon. As for me, I've been doing pretty well. I have been walking more days than not and Monday I'm going to start a very physical job with my hubby. Loading slash in his truck and driving it to burn piles. It isn't heavy but a lot of bending and such. I hope my back will be okay. I'm sure that doing this I will lose some weight. :yes: Plus the $ is good. I'll be able to buy myself some clothes that fit.:p

I had to go to the college yesterday so of course I had to have fast food. I didn't do too bad though. I had made Huevos Rancheros for breakfast so I wasn't starving by the time I got to town. Then I went to Taco Bell because it is my favorite and I didn't want to get hungry while I was at the college. I had a tostada and water. Then later before I left town I had a 4 pc. chicken nugget kid's meal at Micky D's, even made myself drink diet coke instead of other pop, and a hot fudge sundae. :shrug: For me I did very well.

Anyway, today I'm at home and I have loads of laundry to do before Monday and I start working with hubby. I know at first I'll be really tired when I get home, but I hope to get in better shape as I work at this. I think we will be moving as well. Probably at the end of July. It will be into a smaller place, but that is okay because we will be buying it. :) It is a mobile home, but it has a nice big fenced yard. Our payments will be $200 a month plus space rent of $150. The trailer itself is only $5000 and it isn't in bad shape of all. Our goal is to pay it off as quickly as possible. :yes: It isn't ideal, but it is a step in the right direction. Anyway ladies wish me luck-this summer is looking busy.:dizzy: See you all again soon.

losinginillinois
06-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Hello Ladies!
Well I made it through the family reunion. My food this weekend was not the best but its a new week! Its hard when you are traveling and away from home.
I tried something new this weekend. We stayed the night with my cousin and his family because it was a four hour drive for us. They took us out to a campground they have set up with my uncle and aunt and the rest of the family. They had four wheelers. I had never driven one in my life. They were like here give a spin. Dh and I had so much fun! They have like 7 of these things. So there was enough for us all to ride. The dk's loved it to. Except my ds freaked when he got mud on him. I commented to dh that I don't know that I would have been as confident to do it 50lbs heavier. I am hoping to try a lot of new things!
Amanda it sounds like you are really getting into the groove of things! I think that is the key to find a schedule that works and stick with it. Once you start seeing results to it really motivates you to keep going. I bet once you contiue to lose you won't want to eat the fast food anymore. I know sometimes you have to but its all about the choices you make and it sounds like you are doing great! I bet that job will help out a lot to! The house sounds great. Its always nice to have something to call your own!

Good Luck this week ladies!

Beth

losinginillinois
06-18-2003, 09:25 AM
All Right Ladies! We are getting quiet again! How is everyone doing? Angel how is school? Michelle how was your weekend? Amanda how is the new job?

Things are okay here. My sister is dealing with alot of crap right now with her dh and could really use some prayers. I won't go into all the sorted details right now. But this whole thing really has me worried.

Hope all is well with you all!

Beth

losinginillinois
06-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Hello Ladies!
How are you all? I am okay. I am really down about this whole thing with my sister but I am trying to just be supportive in whatever she decides. Basic info. Her dh accused her of having an affair. His threatening to leave her and take the kids. Or wants her to leave and leave the dk's! One day he wants to work it out and the next he doesn't. Today he told her he had spoke to an attorney and it was to exspensive to get a divorce so he wants to try and work it out. What kind of crap???? I could go on and on. But as most of you know my sis has a special needs child and she does not need this. She needs lots of prayers.

I know this sounds crazy but my mom wonders if diet pills could not be messing my bil up. He was taking something for awhile. Anyone have expierence with these things making you loopy? I personally think its wishful thinking on my mom's part.

How is everyone doing to stay OP? I am doing okay. Have not been giving it my whole college try but I did lose 1.5 this week. So I am happy with that.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Beth
Beth

PheonixRising
06-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Sorry I haven't posted on this thread lately. Anyway, I'm doing good. WI was last Tuesday and I lost 2lbs. Now I'm using Fitday to keep track of each morsal that goes in my mouth. I think it is really helping me make some better choices. :yes:

Working with my DH didn't work out, but that is okay. I couldn't keep pace. It just gives me a goal, next summer I want to be out working with him. :strong:

I guess that is all for now. Hope things end up okay for your sis, she is in our prayers.

LKBAngel
06-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Hello All,

I've been MIA for a little while again but I'm still thinking of you all!

Right now I'm getting ready to quit smoking so my weight loss will have to wait until after I've accomplished that. My quit date is July 1st (right now, might make it sooner). I've been using Quitnet to help with that. Another great support system, like all of you.

Amanda, Congrats on the loss. Your doing GREAT!!

Beth I will keep your family in my prayers!!

Will check back in again as soon as I can.

Angie

P.S. Amanda you can email me!!!

losinginillinois
06-22-2003, 07:49 AM
Good Morning!

My dk's woke me up at 6:00am I was not ready to get out of bed. I hate mornings like this. My ds has been sick this week. I am going to take his temp in few and see if he is better. I sure hope so because I need to get out of this house!

Angel good luck with the quitting smoking. I have never smoked but I have heard how hard it is. I am sure you will be so happy about your decision.

Amanda you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Michelle how are you doing?

I hope everyone has an OP week!

Thanks for the prayers for my sis.

Beth

losinginillinois
06-24-2003, 02:02 PM
OkaY ladies do we need some butt kicking?? How is everyone? I am hanging in here but I need my support buddies!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Beth

PheonixRising
06-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Hello Beth-I haven't disappeared, and I've been staying on program with Fitday. I lost 9lbs. this week. :dance: That makes for 24 total. I'm feeling pretty good about how things are going. I haven't walked in a couple of days, but I'm still watching my food really close. Anyway, just wanted to let ya know I'm hanging in there. :)

LKBAngel
06-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Beth and Amanda and everyone,

I'm still here!! Really worrying about my weight now that I'm going to quit smoking. I know I'll be eating to fight off some of those nic fits but I'll deal with it when the time comes.

Just had a thought, maybe after my quit I'll be able to afford togo to the gym!! with all the money I'll be saving not smoking. (about $200.00 a month is what I blow on cigarettes).

I'm increasing my water because it helps flush out all the nicotine in my system so that is a plus. I needed to do that anyway. I'm going to try not to raid the fridge everytime I get a craving for a cig but who knows what will happen. The first week will be the hardest. I'm planning on taking walks to fight off cravings so maybe it will all even out in the end :)

Amanda Congrats on the 9lbs!!!! Your doing GREAT!!!!

Stay Strong Ladies!!

Angie

losinginillinois
06-29-2003, 09:08 PM
Hello Everyone! I hope all is well? I miss everyone!

Michelle how did your big weekend go?

Amanda you have really taken off good job on the nine pounds! I knew you could do it!

Angel I know quitting smoking will probably be the toughest thing you have ever done. Maybe even harder then having a baby! LOL! But you can do it. You will probably suprise yourself with your determination.

I hope all is well and I hear from you all again soon!

Beth

losinginillinois
07-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Okay Ladies! Where is everyone? I am hanging in here. I did not have TOPS last week so no official weigh in. So what ever it is tommorrow will be for 2 weeks.

I hope all is well and I hear from you soon. I will be gone for the 4th.

Beth

PheonixRising
07-02-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm still around Beth. It has just been a very stressful time lately. I didn't have any loss this week, but no gain either. :shrug: I have a new food scale coming in the mail, and a walking kit. Hopefully this will motivate me to get out walking again since I kind of stopped doing that. :^: I think things are going to even out here. My hubby is going to start a new job and I think that will help reduce my stress, except of course we will still be trying to move at the end of this month.

losinginillinois
07-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Hello Amanda,
Well I should be getting ready for my weekend away but I had to take ds to the doc today. He has strep! I am just hoping that he gets better and can still stay at my parents house and that dd does not catch it! Poor guy he is so miserable and he is not a being a very good patient. He asked the doctor if he was going to be all right. It broke my heart.

Well I had barely enough time with all this going on to at least run over and weigh in. I had lost 4.5 lbs for the 2 weeks. I was kind of suprised. I have been slacking more lately. So needless to say I was happy. So now I am 144. Four more pounds until the doc said I would be in the "normal"range. 9 more lbs to my goal weight for TOPS. Now I just have to do something about this flab.

Well I hope you all have a great fourth. I am glad your dh got a new job Amanda if that is what you all wanted. Good Luck with the move. I know you can get back on track. You have done great so far!

Talk to you all later.

Beth

losinginillinois
07-07-2003, 08:24 AM
How was everyone Fourth??

Mine was not so great. To make a long story short. My sis is staying with my parents with her two dk's for the time being. She left her husband Fri night and that was a big mess. So my two dk's came home with me and are supposed to go back at the end of this week to stay just one week. But I am not holding my breath. I don't know if I really want them in all that mess. Then my dh's family called and my mil had been in the hospital. She is not well on the verge on a mental breakdown. So they all want her to leave NC and come to live with us. My dh is the only responsible one in his family and we live mostly a normal life. Where as his siblings are in constant chaos and drive her crazy. So I am really hoping that all works out. I was sooo glad to come home on Sun and then to find out I will probably have an extended house guest.

Dh and I went to the movies yesterday to get away from it all. I totally pigged out on popcorn and milk duds. I really just didn't care. I was like I am going to do this whether I should or not!!! So I am sure the scales will be unkind today but I am NOT going to stress out about it! Today is a new day.

I really hope you guys all had a great 4th! I could really take some good news!

Beth

PheonixRising
07-07-2003, 09:01 AM
Wow lady, it sounds like you had a horrible 4th. Sorry. We did nothing exciting. :shrug: I had bought a few fireworks (maybe $5 worth) and we set them off. We just had a normal dinner-nothing remarkable. My hubby worked all day. My WI is tomorrow, and I had kind of an off week so I don't know how it will go. Last week I didn't lose anything. My hubby just started a new job today. :dance: I hope it goes well and he holds onto this one. Last week we had a lot of stress because the job he thought would last all summer lasted only two weeks. Oh well, God had a better plan I guess. This job he started today is for the county-so that is good thing. :yes: Well, I think I'm going to go try one of my WATP videos. I know, I bought them ages ago and have never tried them. :^: Hope things look up for you. Keep up the good work-don't get discouraged and ruin all your hard work!!!

Mitchypoo
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Hello Jewels :wave:,

It's been awhile since i've posted, i'm sure nobody remembers me (except Amanda :) ).

I've started Atkins about 2.5 weeks ago and i've lost 18 lbs! I'm so thrilled and my sugar and carb cravings are under control now. I've given up caffeine and sugar and most carbs for now. But the weird thing is that i'm satisfied and don't feel hungry. I'd love to hear from anyone else doing Atkins. In particular, if you have done it or still are, how long did you stay on induction? I'm at the point where I'm thinking if I should go to the next phase, although i'm comfortable here too.

My 4th was quiet. I was a little homesick for my family in CA. The 4th is the Anniversary of something traumatic that happened to me, but it gets better with time. Perhaps a little melancholy in some ways too. It's all better now.

Nothing else exciting to report.

losinginillinois
07-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Hello All!

Welcome back Michele! Of course I remeber you it hasn't been that long! Glad you are doing well. I don't know anything about Atkins. I applaud you if you can do it. I don't think I could cut out the carbs.

Amanda hope all goes well with Hubby's job. How did you like the WATP? Keep up the good work!

Angel how is it going with the smoking? I know you can do it.

Well as for me I am struggling this week. And trying not to blow everything I worked so hard for. I am really nervous about my mil coming. She is okay don't get me wrong but she is from the south. She cooks everything in grease and butter. The women doesn't know the word low fat. She makes killer banana pudding which my dh loves and she makes it for him all the time. I have done well thus far by keeping temptation away. I don't know if I can face it head on! SCARY.

So I am going to have to come up with a plan. I am just not sure what yet. I hope I can talk her into adopting a healthier lifestyle. She is diabetic and needs to anyway!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Beth

losinginillinois
07-14-2003, 04:21 PM
How is everyone??? I am hanging in here. Weekend food was not so hot. But I managed to squeak by a .5 loss last week.

Mil is here and seems to be better then the rest of the family made it out to be. May just be because she is away from them! LOL!

Dk's are gone this week so I am trying to get lots done but I will check in a few times. Hope all is well!
Beth

losinginillinois
07-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey is anyone here??? I was busy last week with tht dk's gone and busier this week with them back. Hope all is well and I hope to hear from you soon!

Beth

PheonixRising
07-21-2003, 09:49 AM
I am still here Beth-:yes:

Things are kind of crazy here too. I just wanted to let ya know I'm still around. I will post more later. Hope all is well with you.

Mitchypoo
07-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Good morning!

I fell off the low-carb wagon starting this Sat. and kind of sabotaged myself the whole weekend and felt really awful about me and my efforts. But today is a new day, a new week and i'm back on! I'm having the cravings again and that'll last a couple days i suppose but i'm determined to get back to doing this right. It's really kind of a mental game sometimes, isn't it? I had lost 18 lbs. and it's amazing how quick you can gain it back. I gained about 6-8 lbs back but i think that will leave quickly. And today i'm going to start w/ exercise. My goal is to take a 1/2 hour walk today after work.

Sorry to not post individually, i'm behind on this thread, not sure what's going on. I will take more time later to post.

losinginillinois
07-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Hello All!
I have been having trouble with the mouse on my comp and have not really felt the desire to fight with it but I got it to work half way today so I thought I would post.

Glad to see there are still some of us around. It seems like a lot of the threads I am on our waining. At just the time I am going to need some help. I really think for me that maintenance is the hard part. I have fallen off the wagon a little in terms of habits I had broken. Such as eating late at night. Not eating when I am really not hungry. I have been able to maintain so far and have even lost a little. But I feel like I am balancing on a beam and could topple off at any moment. I hope it doesn't feel this way for the rest of my life.

So hear is to us all making our goals and holding each other accountable for maintaining. Good luck ladies. Hope all is well!

Beth

PheonixRising
08-02-2003, 05:31 AM
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply here Beth. I'm on two other threads now, and I feel like I just keep repeating myself. I hope that you are feeling more in control now. :strong: Just remember how far you've come and why you want to be where you are at.

As for me I was on track then I got out of the groove and I can't seem to get back into it. :shrug: I'm frustrated with myself because I know I can do better. I'm just not making any sort of effort. :( This weekend though I have to go grocery shopping so I'm going to try to make good choices that foster my goals. I will report back after the shopping trip.

Hope to hear from you again soon. :grouphug:

PheonixRising
08-02-2003, 05:33 AM
I'm going to start us a new thread.
Stop!!! Don't post here. Join us in Jewels Within #3