40-Somethings - 40 Something Valentines Challenge!

Zumbachica
01-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Okay Forty something Chicks: That day is coming..all hearts and love and valentines.....Whether you have a sweetie that you plan to spend it with or you'll be alone in front of the t.v. that night like I am, why not look better and feel better by then? I plan on losing a significant amount of weight by then (26 days away as of now). Who is on board? Just post what you plan on doing differently between now and then.....and lets make it happen....:p

Zumbachica
01-19-2013, 11:32 AM
For this challenge I plan on doing the following:

take supplements every day
increase water consumption
follow BFC plan

I'm aiming for 139 as being my goal weight for this challenge, but I'd be happy at an even 140.

As far as exercise goes I would like to follow the Brazilian Butt lift DVD plan but I have a problem getting it in every day liket he program requires, I'll plan on doing it as much as I can fit in, as well as get some yoga in a few times a week.

Grace73
01-19-2013, 11:51 AM
I am with you!!!
I need to jump start my weight loss!

I will drink at least 8 cups of water a day
Watch my carbs..
and Work out 3x 4 x a week!!

I would like to drop 10 lbs by then!

Sum38
01-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I am in.

I will follow SouthBeach Diet.
Walk 20 miles per week
Drink 64 oz water/white tea per day.

Goal :150 pounds. I was 159 pounds (with bloat :D) this morning.

Zumbachica
01-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Awesome!!! Welcome aboard and so glad that I won't be doing this alone!!! Thank you for joining the challenge...I feel really psyched....will be taking before pics tomorrow (gasp)!!!!! That should be a shocker but a much needed slap that I need to do this.....so far so good today.....I love BFC.....

Jennifer1966
01-19-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm in! I am going to be within calorie range every day, really watch carbs, and walk at least 30 minutes 5x week!

Goal: in the 180s by 2/14!!

Zumbachica
01-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Welcome Jennifer!

natamars
01-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Zumba!!! It's good to be back!!!! And yet again, you and I are within a few lbs. of each other! I am at 147.2 as of this morning, and my goal is to be under 140 by V-Day, probably too ambitious, but what the he!!

I had gotten within 4 lbs. of goal weight recently, then had some personal difficulties and life got in the way. I'd started to get back in my groove last fall, then Sandy hit(no power for 8 days, no exercise due to no shower, unable to cook or keep fresh food around, extreme stress due to missing work at budget time, nights and weekends spent making up the work, then I got sick twice between T'giving and Xmas, general holiday food, etc). For the last 2 weeks or so I've been journaling my food and keeping my calories down and exercising but haven't dropped an ounce. I've been particularly strict since Monday. Here are my goals for the challenge:

1) Journal all food and drink every day
2) Keep calories 1000-1500(been averaging 1350 or so)
3) Do some type of exercise every day - even if stuck in the house I can climb stairs or do squats or planks
4) Do minimum of 30 min of cardio 4 days a week
5) Do something every day that makes me feel proud!
6) Post here daily

So frustrating that as soon as I'm not super careful the weight piles back on. I think it's the same for a lot of 40-somethings on this board!!!

Zumba, did you come through Sandy OK? We were lucky that we had no damage to the house and everyone was safe..many I know were not so lucky.

kelijpa
01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
ok, I'm in

Rather than a number on the scale, I'm going to shoot for this:
Drinking my 60 or more oz. of water each day
Getting in 20,000 steps as many days as I can
Staying on my program

Hopefully that will relate to a number in the mid 160s

best to all :sunny:

Zumbachica
01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh my gosh natamars!!! I have been thinking about you!!,! So good to see you!!!

We had no power for a week....it was crazy......we could only eat what we could cook on the gas stove.....and I waited two hours for gas! What n ordeal....and it threw me off for sure.....a lot of stress and personal problems and bingo tons of weight back on and then some! I haven't weighed this much in ages!!! Years!! I'm desperate!!

So here we are again to support each other girlfriend.....lets do this!!!!

Zumbachica
01-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Yayyyyyy Kelij!!!

natamars
01-20-2013, 07:16 AM
1/19: 1220 calories, 40 min on elliptical. Made myself proud by not grabbing anything to eat while running errands and cutting myself off food last night even though I had some calories left.

Zumba, I hear you, but we're back now and that's what counts!

kelijpa, 20,000 steps is a fantastic goal! How do you manage to do so much walking?

Going into the city today to take my son to the Nat History Museum..will pack lunch and get some good walking in.

Zumbachica
01-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi everybody....

I had a swoosh today, so between getting AF and following my BFC diet it made a difference yesterday...I feel so less bloated today! I still have a long ways to go but it is definitely a start.

Going to a friends house tonight to watch the Rangers game, sort of like a "first home game" party. I'm a little nervous because as we all know a lot of junk food is served at events like this (think Super Bowl). I think i'm going to bring a cheese/pepperoni platter so that there will be protein there and I"m sticking with diet coke and not beer. I should be okay...I hope !

Natamars: my kids are in the city today too with their father...not sure where they are going , I just hope they stay warm!

Have a great Sunday everybody. I am going to tidy up this house and then go out to try and find a Rangers jersey to wear.

Keep imagining yourself looking awesome for V'day......

Jennifer1966
01-20-2013, 09:47 AM
I am totally imaging seeing an 8 on the scale where a 9 is now! It's still way more than I want to weigh, but I keep telling myself it's a big step in the right direction!
I have a favorite pair of jeans that are too tight now, but will fit if I meet the Valentines Day goal, so I hung them on the back of a chair in my bedroom. I'm going to keep putting them on as an added incentive!

Sum38
01-20-2013, 10:36 AM
OMG... All that water and tea I am drinking...it is not coming out :mad: Scale went up another 2 pounds :cry: I know it is just bloat and once I start to go...it will come right back down.

Weight 161
Food plan
Bfast
Grapefruit
plain yogurt
coffee with cream
Lunch
Grilled shrimp
salad
Dinner
Grilled chicken
Steamed broccoli

Exercise
30 min elliptical

newleaf123
01-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Ok, I'm in. I really *really* want to be below 160 by Valentines Day. I've been putzing around in the mid-160s for a few MONTHS now.

So, what am I going to commit to? Same old, same old. When I stick to what has traditionally worked, it still works. It's the "sticking to" part.

So... healthy food, portion control, exercise. I need to stop taking a breath of relief and loosening up my guard every time I hit a new number. I just need to keep stitching together small losses and I'll get there. I know it. I just need to do it.

And I will.

newleaf123
01-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Okay, so starting today -- I was at 166.2. I've had my normal breakfast (whole milk cappuccino; steel-cut oatmeal with mashed banana, cinnamon, ginger; 2 cups green tea).

I'm planning to do some cooking in a bit, to have things on hand for the week: roasted brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes & turnips, curried squash soup.

Right now I'm adding some more CDs to my i-devices -- it's great to have new music show up in the shuffle when I'm exercising.

newleaf123
01-20-2013, 11:11 AM
I am totally imaging seeing an 8 on the scale where a 9 is now! It's still way more than I want to weigh, but I keep telling myself it's a big step in the right direction!

Jennifer, this is how I see it, too. I just look for any change down in the number. My scale measures to the 1/10th, so even if I'm down just 1/10th of a pound, I convince myself to be delighted. :)

Grace73
01-20-2013, 06:49 PM
well today i started off good. a big omlete.. then ran late for lunch. ended up eating too much chinese lol
tomorrow back to work more scheduled eating plan!
Drink 8 glasses of water.
and did my work out..

Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!

LuvCats
01-20-2013, 08:11 PM
This sounds like a great idea. Down to 25 days now I guess. I'm trying to exercise daily or near daily and stay on my eating plan. Just got off the elliptical. I'm not sure I'll make another 10 pounds by V-day but at the end of Feb. DH and I are going to Vegas for a few days so I'm going to plan on 10+ by February 27th. :)

Jennifer1966
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
We can all do this!!

Grace73
01-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies
Well back to work today for me...Todays really my first offical day.
I ate too much crap over the weekend.. scale has me up 4 lbs. but i know its just water weight. So im not counting it..
So Today
I had 4 eggs yes with yolk. Next week will cut out yolk.. with a little tobasco sauce on it..
Lunch i have a protein shake..
and some carrots.
Equals about 600 calories todayl Breakast and lunch

Dinner planning on a big salad.. with tuna..
and water water water..I actually need to just go back to full
NO CARb. but didnt have the money this week to do it...
Its expensive to be healthy.. So i cut back best i could..
Lunch time is super busy in my office. So the energy drink is best for me..
just hope i keep my wil power at dinner tonight..

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

vegangypsy
01-21-2013, 07:08 AM
Newbie here..would love to join the challenge!

I plan to:

Follow WW, tracking every bite
Minimum 30 minutes of exercise at least 6 days per week

I'd like to be down 5 pounds by then, a small goal but baby steps here..

:)

natamars
01-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Sunday: 1380 calories, 10 min sculpting exercises, lots of walking
What made me proud: Did not buy any food out while walking around the city

Ugh..feel like I am trying SO hard and the scale is not moving..I lie in bed at night with my stomach growling, picturing the scale being down in the morning then..nothing. Back up to 147 this morning..was so happy to finally get below it yesterday. I thought I'd see a few lbs. come off quickly at the beginning. We have these mini check-ups at work and if you have a healthy BMI you get $100 in your health spending account and if not, you can sign up for weight loss coaching. No way am I going to get to a healthy BMI by my appt..so depressing.

vegan, welcome! how are you liking ww?

grace, the 4 lbs will come off quickly. Hope you have a great week!

luv, good luck with your goals!

newleaf, your food sounds yummy!

sum, hope you saw some movement yesterday.

Jennifer, I like your jeans idea. I have a dress I think i'll try that with. it was on clearance and way too small, but I couldn't resist.

zumba, hope the party went well. we were watching the Pats game(husband is a fan) - it was pretty ugly. but I didn't eat.

Hope everyone has a great day. We have an ice skating party tonight, so will be burning some calories there.

vegangypsy
01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
vegan, welcome! how are you liking ww?

Natamars, thank you for the welcome! I've done WW many times in the past..blush..so I know the program. Like anything else, it works if you work it! :) It's one of the few programs that is vegan-friendly which I love.

I bet you'll see the scale move tomorrow; all of that walking and healthy eating will show up, sometimes it just takes a couple of days. At least, that's been my experience.

Have a wonderful day!

natamars
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
vegan, glad you're finding WW works for you! I've thought about going vegan myself at points - I go long stretches without eating meat - but I do rely on things like egg whites and Greek yogurt for protein. What types of foods do you eat for protein?

I've done WW a lot myself - I'm a lifetime member and was actually on the verge of becoming a leader when I started a new day job that required lots of extra hours. I've tried a few meetings since we moved to NY but haven't found anything that clicked. I used to love the meetings and the weigh-ins..maybe it's time to look for another group.

kelijpa
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Vegan-don't blush, I just looked up when I got my lifetime, 1994...yeeps!

newleaf123
01-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Start 166.2
Current 164.6
Goal <160

All is good here. The curried butternut squash soup came out exceptionally well. I think I put in more onions than usual. I didn't make the asst roasted vegetables, but will try to do that this afternoon.

Good food yesterday. The soup and salad for lunch. Salad and a piece of my son's white pizza for dinner.

Breakfast today: a granola bar (not my ideal choice but I was in a rush) and a banana. Lunch: the curried squash soup and a salad. Oh, and of course, my cappuccino in the AM. That pretty much goes without saying; it's how I start every day.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm coming up on hitting my ticker number again. I'm going to lean on you to not allow me to let up my focus when that happens...

Zumbachica
01-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi. Everybody..I caved and had some salty snacks at friends house last night...not a happy girl today...gained over a lb but back on track. Two hours of Zumba today.....back on BFC program.....plan on putting in a good week...

vegangypsy
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Natamars, actually it's easier than one thinks to find protein in a vegan diet! I eat tons of dark leafy vegetables, legumes, and an occasional bit of seitan or tofu, all full of protein. :) I know what you mean about the meetings; the right leader and group makes all the difference! Hope you find one that fits for you.

kelijpa, the first time I joined WW was in 1990 after the birth of my second child. I lost the weight and promptly got pregnant again, lol! It was a lot easier to lose when I was in my 20's, though..groan...

newleaf, I love curried soups! I have a pumpkin/lentil/curry soup in the crockpot right now, will share the recipe if it turns out good.

Zumbachica, wowie! I've never tried Zumba but have seen it on tv..grin...looks intense but fun! 2 hours, that's quite a workout!

newleaf123
01-21-2013, 05:06 PM
newleaf, I love curried soups! I have a pumpkin/lentil/curry soup in the crockpot right now, will share the recipe if it turns out good.

Oooh, definitely. Lentils are one of my new fetishes right now... yum!

natamars
01-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Monday, 1500 calories, walked .8 miles, jogged 2.4 miles, ice skated 60 min

Back to work tomorrow..hoping to see a drop on the scale

vegan, I love legumes but need to work on the leafy greens..you've motivated me for my next shopping trip.

zumba, you keep rocking it..we're in this together, scale sister!

newleaf, your soup sounds fantastic.

vegangypsy
01-22-2013, 07:21 AM
If you all are interested, I write a vegan blog with lots of lentil recipes! I'm a newbie so I'm not allowed to include links in my posts yet, but if you search Vegan Gypsy @ Blogspot.com you should be able to find it. :)

newleaf123
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Start 166.2
Current 165.1
Goal <160

Not sure why I'm up from yesterday. 75 min of light snow shoveling must not have been enough exercise. I thought my food intake was good. Whatever.

Zumbachica
01-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Hello Valentine chicas........I'm back down to where I was prior to eating the pizza and other "bad carbs" at a friends house Sunday night....I put in a great day of BFC yesterday and I plan on continuing the jumpstart plan to it which is basically low carb.......I'm starting to think that maybe getting out of the 140's by Valentines day is indeed a possibility. We have plenty of time to accomplish much chicas! What I did NOT do this weekend was take my supplements or get in enough water (boooooooooo) but I'll make changes one step at a time.

Zumba today and maybe a yoga DVD, I'm feeling really sore from yesterday's workouts.....

Have a great day !!!

newleaf123
01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
If you all are interested, I write a vegan blog with lots of lentil recipes! I'm a newbie so I'm not allowed to include links in my posts yet, but if you search Vegan Gypsy @ Blogspot.com you should be able to find it. :)

I will take a look. Thanks!

natamars
01-22-2013, 12:16 PM
I will check it out too, vegangypsy!

Still no movement on the scale. I am hopeful as I weighed myself last night and my "nighttime" weight is down from where it was(usually 2 lbs or so above morning weight), so hopefully something's coming.

Very proud that I stuck to my spinach egg white cups and veggie sausage for b'fast even though someone brought in bagels..crusty, doughy bagels..mmmm.....

LuvCats
01-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Slow and steady (even if I'm chomping at the bit for it to have been more) down 1.6.

Great job on turning down bagels Natamars! :)

WTG Zumba! Getting back to your previous spot is the first step!

Maybe you had one of those natural (but extremely annoying) fluctuations going on, newleaf. Those are exactly why I weigh only 1x per week. I'd just get to darn frustrated with daily weighing.

We can do it ladies!! :D

vegangypsy
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
LuvCats, wtg!! I've only been losing about 1/2 a pound per week..groan..but if the scale is moving in the right direction I'm happy! :carrot:

Natamars, that's a big NSV! Bread of any kind is my downfall.

I spent yesterday setting up my treadmill area, purchasing a little tv and DVD player for that space. I don't have cable in that room so I ran by the library and grabbed some some treadmill "entertainment," now I'm ready to go! :)

Jennifer1966
01-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Everyone seems to be doing pretty well-- WTG! I know we can all do this.

Natamars--spinach egg cups sound delicious, recipe?

Zumbachicka--2 hours of Zumba? I'm impressed!!

New leaf--that soup sounds amazing too. I need to increase the variety in what I eat.

Have a great evening all:)

natamars
01-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Tuesday: 1475 calories, 40 min elliptical
What made me proud: Going back out last night in 19 degree weather to go to the gym when I really wanted to curl up in bed with a book

Down .8 this morning - yay! Need to work on making some of my days on the lower calorie end - I see my last few are on my high end.

Jennifer, the spinach egg thing is so easy. It's an old South Beach recipe you can modify however you like. Start w/ a 10 oz box of chopped frozen spinach. Thaw in microwave. Squeeze out all the liquid until it's nice and dry. Add a 16 oz. carton of egg beaters/egg whites - I'm sure you can use real eggs too but I don't know the equivalent. Add some shredded cheese. I use 1 cup of mozzarella but any kind will work, and you can use less. I add some chopped red pepper and onion and some tabasco. Line a standard muffin tin w/ aluminum foil cucpake liners. Add mixture and bake at 350 for 25 min or so..I forget the exact time. So easy! I usually make a batch every week and have 2 for b'fast each day. I like them w/ veggie sausage, also makes a good sandwich on an english muffin. Mine work out to about 60 calories per, but it's very easy to calculate the calories for whatever you add.

vegan, a 1/2 lb a week sounds pretty good when it's consistent - wtg!

luv, yay on the 1.6!!

Jennifer1966
01-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks, Natamars! That recipe will be added to my Sunday cooking schedule! I eat a hard-boiled egg every morning and can use a little variety!

I'm down .5 today, which is the first scale movement in days, so I'll take it :)

Have a good day, everyone!

newleaf123
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Start 166.2
Current 164.0
Goal <160

zumba I know your days are up and down. I'm hoping today is a good one for you.

natamars I'm glad to scale was down. Good job getting out there last night! I can't bring myself to go out and get the mail. Brrrrr.

luvCats glad the scale was down for you, too

veganGypsy how's you're treadmill area treating you? I tried to get to your blog but my net nanny blocked it! I need to whitelist you... Most blogs are blocked as a default.

jennifer and the scale was down for you, too. Hooray!

Here, the scale was down, too. I truly want to focus on getting out of the 160s. I feel like the only reason I'm at this weight is because I'm comfortable. Ugh, had to go to the pharmacy yesterday and Walmart today, and see all the candy on sale for Valentines Day. Junky candy is really my downfall. But as I walked past it today, I felt at peace, recognizing that I didn't want to let it distract me. Which is different than yesterday when was caught off guard by it all, and got sort of a panicky feeling.

I wish I could do all my shopping at Whole Foods where they just don't have the sort of candy display that gets my heart thumping. But there's no way I can afford that LOL.

Good food so far today. A papaya protein shake and Greek yogurt for breakfast, a salad and Portugese kale soup for lunch, a latte and nuts for snacks. Dinner will be a salad.

junem
01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
OK, by Valentines Day I am gonna increase my sprint intervals on the treadmill to run a half mile in 5 minutes. Currently my 6mph sprints are 90 seconds long. I sooo want to run 10 minute miles someday.

[B]Sum 38. Don't let the scale get you down. Your food choices sound so healthy I am sure you aren't adding fat to those damned adipose cells. Grilled shrimp sounds yummy.

newleaf123
01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
june sounds like you have a plan. You can do it!

I just got done on the stairmaster. I tried every excuse to not do it. It's too late. I just ate. I don't want to leave the kids alone upstairs (??? They are 11&13 and I was in the basement. I leave them alone ALL THE TIME.) it's too close to my exercise tomorrow. Good golly, just do it, I said. So,I did. Go me! I really want to shed the next 4 pounds.

Zumbachica
01-23-2013, 10:13 PM
HELLO VALENTINE GIRLS>>>Let me try and catch up with all of you lovely ladies!!!

NEWLEAF: Good job on the stairmaster, that thing is a killer.

JUNEM: You can do it.

JENNIFER: a loss is a loss is a loss....way to go.

NATAMARS> those sound good....must try them. by the way I need to private message you...

VEGANGYPSY: Sounds like a nice set up...environment is so important...

LUVCATS: you are kicking butooski

Everybody else...keep it going....Valentines day will be here before we know it...I will start doing the day count down starting tomorrow.........

Zumbachica
01-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Seems like its an up down thing with me...lost it yesterday when i went to the salon to have my hair done..left my pecans in the car and i wound up eating soem apple pastries that they had out by the coffee machine..POOR PLANNING...so at that point it was a dud for the whole day...I had a few cookies last night, etc..bleh, how awful i feel now when I have sugar..it literally makes me feel sick. Today I did much better, kept busy cleaning the house and doing chores.....maybe had too many carbs at dinner but overall stuck to the plan....hope to put in a few more good days...have teh kids this weekend so I need to plan what they're eating as well as what I'm eating and go food shopping either tomorrow or friday....

hugs to all....keep up the good work.

newleaf123
01-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Start 166.2
Current 162.9
Goal <160

I feel like I'm finally in a losing mindset again. Yay!

natamars
01-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Wednesday: 1295 calories, no exercise
What made me proud: Played Monopoly with my family just feet away from the fridge and pantry and stuck w/ unsweetened tea

Was going to do teh treadmill at the gym last night but decided to spend some family time instead, my son had been asking for us to play a game together. Brought my workout clothes to work and going to Zumba class straight fom here.

Down another .2..I'll take it. Any movement down is welcome. Made my baked oatmeal last night so b'fast is set for the next week. Need to get more fruit in my diet..I did add a ton of blueberries to the oatmeal but would like to add some grapefruit and berries or melon each day.

Everyone here at work has the flu! The guy in the cube in front of me is the latest victim. People are mostly staying home but they may have been contagious before, right?

nice loss, newleaf!!

zumba, brave the cold and get the shopping done..you know the whole fail to plan plan to fail deal..it's hard with this freezing cold and the craziness of your schedule with the kids, but you will be so glad you did. Maybe look for some recipes that will warm you up - I'm planning to look at vegan's blog for some.

Jen, woo-hoo on the .5!!

natamars
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
vegan, just printed out your lentil stew recipe - looks great!! Planning to make it this weekend w/ some basmati rice. I also printed out the pineapple quinoa one - have you tried that?

Zumbachica
01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
where is that recipe?

NAT: Good for you for being able to play monopoly without hitting the snackies....

NEWLEAF: I don't want to jinx myself but i think i'm in the mindset also..yayyyyy

Zumbachica
01-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Okay so I have been thinking about our deadline alot.....I am visualizing myself in a dress that I have been wanting to buy from WHBM....i want to look slim in it,,trim...and be able to wear it without having to wear industrial strength spanx....

I'm going to visualize that the next time I want to shove food down my throat.

did really well today..I was out at lunch and needed to pick up something quickly. so i went into the chinese takeout store, asked for steamed chickean and veggies, sauce on the side no rice....it was tasteless..but I kept to the plan and i'm pretty proud of myself..just having some soup tonight and i'm done....took my raspberry ketones and my supplements....

Jennifer1966
01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi all!

I've been doing well, but today I have a "must eat everything in sight" mentality. Working on good choices, but I know portion control is an issue!

Zumba: glad today's been a good day! I'm going to have a major cleaning day this weekend.

New leaf: congrats on the loss and the mindset! WTG!

Nat: congrats on the scale going the right way! I love blueberries in my baked oatmeal! I have been tweaking my recipe.

Hope everyone has a great night!

natamars
01-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Thursday: 1130 calories, 20 min stairclimbing, 50 min Zumba class
What made me proud: Went to the gym even though I got stuck in traffic and had to do a Superman-style change in my garage to make it to class on time

I recruited a new stair-climbing buddy at the office. We walked up and down 7 double flights of stairs three times.

Jennifer, you can do it! Come back and tell us about it tomorrow.

Zumba, great choice on the Chinese food - I always cave when we eat it and end up with noodles and dumplings. I printed out the lentil recipe, don't have the link..if you google vegan gypsy it's on her blog site. It looks great, and pretty easy!

natamars
01-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Down 1 lb from yesterday, and under 145 - woo-hoo!!!! 5 lbs in 3 weeks to get to my challenge goal - tough, but potentially do-able.

curleycarr
01-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Can I slip into your Valentine's day challenge a few days late? You are all doing soo well I thought I might be able to catch on to your motivation.:carrot:

So I'm going to
Drink more water
Do 30mins cardio a day
Start resistance training
Reintroduce myself to squats!!!

Hoping to be down 4lbs + for the Big Day!

newleaf123
01-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Start 166.2
Current 162.5
Goal <160

I have to go to an Indian restaurant on Sunday. I love Indian food, but it always means a couple pounds of gain. Ugh. I'd put it off, but I have a groupon expiring for it that day. I paid $15 to receive a $50 meal.

newleaf123
01-25-2013, 08:46 AM
zumba sorry to hear about the apple danish substitution... This goes back to an earlier rant of mine; why must places put these things out? Really, does anyone feel happy about it a few hours later?? I'm glad to read that Wednesday went better; hopefully Thursday did too, and you're prepared for your weekend with your kids.

Zumba Just read your next post. WTG on the boring tasteless Chinese food, LOL. I guess you do what you gotta do, right? I wont jinx things if you won't... I think visualizing is key. Every night I hope that the scale is down just a 1/10th the next morning, and I do try to visualize that number. And, I'm also visualizing (okay, this is a negative thing) how tight my new hiking pants are and that I want them to fit in March. I'm not visualizing me fitting in them. I'm visualizing how I looked under the bright light and glare of the dressing room 10 days ago.

Natamars I'm glad the scale is moving for you. Very sweet that you stopped everything to play a game with your son. I'm sure that meant a lot to him! My younger son was home sick all week (back to school today) and when I came back from running some errands on Wednesday, he had a board game all set up for us when I got back. How can you say no?? These sweet moments are what it's all about.

Natamars (again) That's great that you are climbing the stairs every day at work, and that you are inspiring others to do the same! Also, I love your "I'm proud of..." statements each day. I may need to steal that. Great on being down another pound!

Jennifer I have to be mindful of portion control, too. Since I don't count anything (ie, calories, points, exchanges, carbs, what have you), portion control is critical.

CurlyCarr Welcome!

I didn't get to they gym liked I hoped yesterday, and in fact I didn't do any exercise. My neck/shoulder area got a crick in it so I decided it was a sign to take it easy. Not sure yet how today will unfold. I probably won't make it to the gym, but I intend to force myself down to the basement if that's the case. I'm really not looking forward to the Indian food on Sunday, but I don't want to be a downer for my husband and sons. So I am trying to visualize just taking a tiny spoonful of each dish.

guacamole
01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Hello, everyone! Can I jump in? I want to eat fewer carbs, much less sugar, keep up my water intake, up my veggie intake (especially leafy greens), lower my salt intake, and stick to 1200-1400 calories per day. I'd like to be near the 150lb range by Valentines day - I'd be happy with 150-152lbs, since today I weighed in at 159.

Good luck to us all!

Jennifer1966
01-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi, all! I had a better eating day today. I didn't feel quite so ravenous all day, so I'm a little under calories to make up for yesterday! I bought a kettle bell set and DVD this evening, so DD and I are going to start this weekend. Wish me luck, I tend to hate most exercise ;)

Natamars:Congrats on the loss!

Newleaf: Indian sounds good, I'm sure you can make a healthyish choice. Enjoy your discount!! You are lucky to live in Pittsburgh where there are so many great restaurants!!

Curleycarr: Welcome!

Guacamole: Welcome!

LuvCats
01-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome to those who've just joined.

WTG everyone! We can do this!

I don't weigh again until next week so can't make those changes but eating has been good as has exercise. :)

natamars
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Friday: 1660 calories, walked .75 miles, jogged 3 miles

Well, it was quite a day. I worked from home because the snow was on its way and I didn't want to have to rush to daycare in bad weather. I decided to go to the gym on my lunch hour. Did the treadmill and felt fine, then planned to do 10 min on the stairmaster as a coworker and I are doing stairs at work together and I couldn't be there. After a few minutes I was feeling really bad. Dizzy, sweaty, nauseous. I got off the machine and went to get stuff to wipe it down - I reached for the bottle and couldn't grab it...felt like I was going to faint. I was about to just lie down on the floor before I passed out. I made it over to the desk and they fed me water and OJ and gave my wet towels to cool me down. I've been in bed most of the day. Not sure what happened - I guess I pushed too hard. It was so scary. I have to be careful not to let this stop me but also to be more cautious.

See you all tomorrow.

newleaf123
01-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 162.5
Gw <160

Jennifer1966
01-26-2013, 04:45 PM
TOM came last night, which goes a long way in explaining the last couple of days! I was down .3 lbs. this am and am hoping a couple more drop off over the next few days if I'm retaining water. I really, really want to be in the 180s by Valentines Day, but I'm afraid from 196.2 to 189 in less than 3 weeks may not be realistic. Maybe if there's some TOM weight in there it may happen. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Zumbachica
01-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi everybody.computer not working so I can't type out all that I want to...know that I'm reading everyone's posts.

newleaf123
01-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Had our Indian dinner tonight, plus drinks with my husband. Hoping the scale will be below 165 tomorrow AM. Was 162.5 this AM. Did get in 35 min on stairmaster, so fingers crossed.

newleaf123
01-27-2013, 07:26 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 164.3 (as expected - Indian restaurant)
Gw <160

natamars
01-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Saturday: 1240 calories, 30 min elliptical
What made me proud: Went back to the gym after my episode there on Friday

Pretty good day. Ran around with the family and didn't snack as we did errands. Also got to watch my son play the most awesome basketball game..his team won in a shootout after going into OT..which totally took my mind off my problems.

Weight was up after yesterday, which I figured..didn't think I was down 1.4 in one day. But I'm still down for the week so I'm happy.

newleaf, did you enjoy the Indian food? It's one of my favorites but I don't eat it much - I always get a healthy entrée like chana masala, but ruin it with naan and fried apps.

zumba, hope your PC is up and running soon! I just recently got data on my phone but I still hate using it to type anything.

Jennifer, my goal is a stretch too, so we'll both see what happens. It sounds like you're doing great, so no matter where your actual weight ends up you'll have made great progress during this challenge.

Zumbachica
01-27-2013, 09:38 AM
HELLO MY LOVELIES! I finally got computer issue fixed....typing on an Ipad just doesn't cut it for me.....now I get to catch up with you ladies .....

NATAMARS: What the hay???!! Were you hydrated at the gym? That is some scary stuff, especially because you can hit your head on the way down..I hope staff took good care of you. That only happened to me once, I didn't go down completely but I lost balance and had to hold on to a machine so that I didn't go down, I contributed it to blood pressure issues....please be careful and know that it happens often ....this is why it is so important for instructors and gym staff to know what to do in case a member hits the floor!!

NEWLEAF: my family loves Indian food..I find if it is a buffet then its a free for all...but if I can order chicken tiki or something I'm okay except for all the nan bread. Still, Indian food for the most part is healthy..don't stress it...we still have to live a little on this path we are taking!

JENNIFER: PMS is such a drag now that i'm older.....I can eat a side of beef..and I bloat like you wouldn't believe....cranky and irritable....hormones are really the root of all evil...hope you're feeling better...

GUAC: good to see you here...hope people aren't annoyed that I started another thread for check ins...but Valentines day has always been a big deal for me and sometimes if we have a "deadline" we get the lead out faster....

Hope everyone is doing fine !!!!

Zumbachica
01-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone, so happy to have the computer issues under control here....anyway I put in a few decent days. Someone correct me if I"m wrong but we have 18 MORE DAYS UNTIL VALENTINES DAY.....lets see how much we can get accomplished in 18 days....

I am not keeping up with the challenge like I would have liked. Not getting that water in ..booo......and not working out at home like I said I was...boooooo...on a happier note I have been keeping away from bad carbs, sticking to my plan the best that I can and so far so good. Another week or so of this and then I'll start having some berries, and introducing good carbs to the mix.

I changed my ticker to make my goal weight my valentines challenge goal weight, if I visualize that goal being attainable maybe i'll actually get there......

I had a credit from Bebe (long story) so I did a little online shopping last night....ordered a few tops...I hope I don't look like a total fool trying to pull that off becasue as you know that store isn't really for the forty and over set......still, I had to use that credit that I had. Looking at those skin tight dresses was kind of depressing......my thunder thighs aren't getting into a dress like that ever.....

But enough self loathing, time to get some stuff done today...and plan what i'm making for dinner...

have a great sunday everybody!!

newleaf123
01-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Well, yes, the Indian food was good. Chana masala, chicken tikka masala, some lamb curry dish, naan, soup. I had a groupon and the whole meal for the family of 4 was $30. Totally worth it! The problem we have nowadays is that my boys eat as adults; without the groupon it would have been $70 before tip. We don't go out to eat much at sit-down restaurants as a result. Just so expensive! I felt like I ate well, enjoyed everything, and stopped before going overboard. So, despite the scale being up (which I knew to expect), it was a win.

Natamars totally scary at the gym. I find that the stairmaster requires much more exertion that all the other machines for me, and now I only use it if I'm wearing a heart monitor or doing a program that I've already worn the heart monitor for before and know its okay. I find that works well for me; when my heart rate hits my personal max limit (165), I drop down the intensity level until it gets back down to 135. Then I notch it back up again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Zumba I hear you re: iPad typing! So much easier at the computer...

Flowers
01-27-2013, 10:33 AM
I have discovered a new supplement called ephedra, reduces hunger pangs and it increases metabolic rate . It has helped me shed off 10 lbs in a week and I will stick to it come valentine

guacamole
01-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Zumbachica - Thanks for starting this thread! I actually am finding the main thread to be overwhelming - not that this is a bad thing - but there are so many posts that it's hard to keep up sometimes! I also have a hard time finding my last post, to remember where I left off and update. This thread is much more manageable and goal specific, so thanks!

Valentines Day does not mean as much to me now as it used to when I was young and single - is that weird? I guess I used to anticipate and hope for a guy to be my Valentine - most of the time I was disappointed and was home alone! :) Now that I am married, my husband and I don't even celebrate the day, except to wish each other a happy valentine's day. Gotta love us old married people....

Onto my progress update - I am down 2 lbs today to 157. I still hate that number, but it does tell me that either due to flying or salty food or both, at least some of the weight I saw on Friday was water. I ate badly yesterday, as my family went out for pizza and ice cream and I did not hold back. That makes me more pleasantly surprised by the 2 lb loss. I actually asked my husband to help me get back on track with my diet by not tempting me and taking me out to restaurants for awhile. He has been buying me candy and chocolate, and I have been eating it! I need to take the reigns back and just say no! These winter blues and hormones aren't helping either. TOM is now behind me, and I need to use the next 2 weeks before PMS hits to really make some progress.

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
1/27/13 - 157

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

Jennifer1966
01-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm with you, Guacamole, the regular thread is daunting. I cannot keep track of that much info!

Zumba, good job keeping away from bad carbs (my weakness). I do all this typing on the iPad, which is a pain, but much more convenient than my laptop. I hope you all excuse my many typos due to it ;)

Natamars, scary experience at the gym! Kudos for getting right back in that horse! Keep hydrated, it may help. And hopefully we can both reach our goal by the 14th :)

Newleaf, yum! Now I want naan! DH and I are going to go away the weekend after V Day, so maybe we'll get Indian.

Scale stayed exactly the same today, which is probably pretty good since TOM. I still haven't opened the kettle bells I bought Friday! I need to learn to like working out :). Or at least not dread it ;)

natamars
01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Sunday: 1365 calories, 30 min light weights and resistance training

What made me proud: Went to a bowling party with my son where pizza and ice cream cake were served and only drank water

I HATE Sunday nights. End of the weekend is so depressing.

I'm finding it easier to deal with temptation. Think it's because I'm getting results on the scale. It's so much harder when the scale's not moving. But I know I'll hit another plateau soon. I am getting used to fewer calories, though.

Jennifer, getting through TOM without a gain is great - hope you see a big drop when it's gone!!

guac, I bet you're still seeing a higher number due to water retention - it takes a while to lose that.

newleaf, sounds like you did great with your dinner out.

zumba, celebrate what you've done right and don't beat yourself up over what you could have done better. 18 more days is a lot of time for us to kick some more butt!!

I bought all the ingredients to make the red lentil stew but am being lazy, watching a movie with my family. Will make it tomorrow. I did make a big salad and my spinach and egg whites for the week, and turkey bacon.

See you all tomorrow.

LuvCats
01-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Movie with the family trumps making soup (probably by yourself), natamars.

Did the elliptical today and have eaten as I should even with DH home. :)

newleaf123
01-28-2013, 06:50 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 163.9
Gw <160

guacamole
01-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Quick check in. Weighed 155 this morning. Water weight is coming off and soon I will see the real damage. I am having a terrible time with sugar cravings. I got addicted again with my latest binge streak. Going to try to hold strong today!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
1/28/13 - 155

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

junem
01-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Guac. Here is a thought that may help you. When you feel like you absolutely need sweetness slowly eat a serving of fresh fruit. Take time to savor the naturally sweet flavor. Remind yourself that this is the level of sweet that we humans are meant to eat. The super sweet processed food and refined sugar has a similar relationship to natural sweetness that crack cocaine has to a good strong cup of tea. We seek sugar out of animal instincts but our modern world has given us a toxic, addictive environment. I find it useful to remain mindful of this, but still savor the less intense, naturally sweet things.It is necessary to dial back our threshhold of what tastes good to us and what tastes too sickly sweet. Hope this helps a little.

Jennifer1966
01-28-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm down almost 2lbs this week! I'm sure some of it is TOM weight leaving, but I'll take it! I'm at 194.4, so only 5.4 lbs to be in 180s by Valentine's Day! im feeling pretty optimistic this morning! i know if I increased my exercise it would even be better.

Hope everyone has a fantastic, healthy week!!

LuvCats
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
WTG everyone! Interesting idea to use fresh fruit to curb the sweet-tooth, junem! I'll have to try that one.

guacamole
01-28-2013, 01:16 PM
junem - thanks! I just had some blueberries and strawberry greek yogurt. It's holding me for now!

kelijpa
01-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Just wanted to check in, have been getting in 4 miles on the treadmill most days, should have put my goal at 15K steps/day most days.
Feeling good, getting the water in.

Hope everyone's doing well, looks like it from what I've read so far!

natamars
01-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Monday: 131o calories, 20 min stairclimbing at work
What made me proud: No emotional eating last night

Got into a bad fight w/ DH last night. We both said things we shouldn't have. My son was so upset(he didn't hear the really bad stuff, but knew that we were arguing). I feel so awful about the whole thing.

Then my son was up crying in the middle of the night with a sore throat, so I'm wfh and letting him sleep in. He told me he definitely wanted to go to school today, so I'll wake him in a few and see if he still wants to go.

kelijpa, what a wonderful job you're doing!

Jennifer, nice loss! TOM seems to be coming early for me, so I'm thinking that's why I've been so up and down. I hope you meet your goal!

guac, great job on the sugar replacement. Always tough to get back into it after vacation, but sounds like you hopped right back on the wagon.

newleaf, keep it going!

luvcats, hope you're having fun w/ DH :-)

guacamole
01-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Hello all! I didn't cave in to sweets yesterday, so yeah for me! Lousy weather today, so no jogging. I weighed in at 155 again, so I think this is my real number now - no more water weight, just weight! Ugh! I really need to hold strong today - already craving sweets again. Stayed at 1200 calories yesterday and hope to stay between 1200-1400 today.

Good luck everyone!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
1/29/13 - 155

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

Sum38
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
:wave: ladies!

I am enjoying Finland vacation.

Today we did a horseback 2 hour tour through snowy woods and hills. It was beautiful!

I am eating bfast and BIG lunch and skipping dinner...no idea where scale is at and loving it.

newleaf123
01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Sw 166.2
Cw 164.3
Gw <160

Sum38 Finland, how fun!! Enjoy your vacation!!

Guac good job resisting the sweets! I wasn't as successful yesterday...

Natamars sorry about your crummy evening (great job not resorting to emotional eating!). Hopefully tonight's a better night.

Kelijpa good job on the treadmill!

LuvCats & JuneM hi!

Jennifer great job on being down!

The weather has been crazy here. Last week was frigid, literally. Single digits. Right now it's 64. Wacky! So... I raced out of the house when the boys went to school and did a 10-mile "road hike" in all my gear (including those new hiking pants!!). Now, the trek in March is 18 miles on day 1 and so I had to ask myself -- would I be able to do another 8 after lunch?? And the answer was yes. I didn't physically do them, but I know that I could. So that's a great feeling!

Scale isn't where I want it to be. Sunday and Monday weren't terrible, but nor were they my best days ever. Oh, well, that's life. My clothes are fitting great; things are moving in the right direction.

junem
01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Running at 6 mph (on treadmill for now) takes all i've got. Working up to 1/2 mile by V-day, if i can. And up to a whole 10 minute mile by sometime early in the outside running season. I managed to stay at that pace for 1/4 mile today, in the context of my regular 4 mile walk/jog. Previously the longest sprint was 0.15 miles.

newleaf123
01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
WTG JuneM!! Always great to be able to measure improvement... (says the old math major in me...)

natamars
01-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Tuesday: 1430 calories, no exercise(DH still isn't home fom work and gym is closing in 20 min)
What made me proud: Consumed a lot of my calories by 9AM but managed to stay under 1500 for the day

I have GOT to get to the gym tomorrow!! And do stairs at work.

The school nurse called a few hours after I dropped DS off..ended up taking him to the pedi. Tested neg for strep so not much to do but rest and fluids. He seems much better - hoping he can last all day at school tomorrow.

junem, that's the way to increase your running! I'm a "runner" too..more of a jogger. One of my goals for 2012 was to run a 5K in under 30 minutes - never made it(best was 32:51). So it's a goal for 2013 now. Right now I'm working on getting my distance back up at a slower pace, then I'll worry about speed. Supposedly for every lb. of fat you lose you shave like 4-6 seconds off your time per mile.

newleaf, I'm so jeaous of your hike today. You must feel amazing after that accomplishment!!!

sum, how awesome are you posting while on vacation? Sounds so beautiful thre!

guac, you can do this!! stay strong!!

guacamole
01-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Aargh! I did resist sweets yesterday, but went for a carby/salty lunch with my husband yesterday. Although I stayed at 1300 calories for the day, I saw a 1 lb jump on the scale this morning. So discouraging. I put on my running shoes to take advantage of warmer temperatures outside, only to find it raining. Oh well.

Wish me luck and the same to you!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
1/30/13 - 156

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

newleaf123
01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 164.2
Gw <160

natamars good job watching what you ate. Must have been a difficult afternoon and evening! Hope your son is feeling better.

guac I hear you re carb/salty. I'm still working off the Indian restaurant on Saturday night! Hope you still found a way to get your exercise in.

Here, just made Irish oatmeal for breakfast and cooked up some black beans to throw in dinner tonight. I'm trying to replicate a dish I had at Whole Foods last week, with no recipe... Just the ingredient list.

LuvCats
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Slow and steady... down almost 2#. Too early for exercise today but yesterday was terrific! I will do it again today...later, lol.

Keep it up everyone!! Just 15 days to go until V-day!

Zumbachica
01-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh my goodness...look at the date ! And i still have a huge bum!! Well the countdown is on my Valentine Chicas.....I'm at a standstill..can't get that scale to move downward and its making me angry...but I have noone to blame but myself. I"ll have a good day and then a bad day.....yesterday I was stuck at the train station and starving and bought a pretzel and then a pastry from starbucks..ate it on the train like a fool with powdered sugar all over me....no wonder I can't get a decent guy to ask me out..ahahahahaa...seriously though there really is no margin for error at this point.

Mini goal for today: get that water down. No bad carbs.....

Everybody hang tight..imagine yourself looking slim and happy on valentines day...cupids flying around your head and your hair shiny and flying around like the old Breck commercials!

curleycarr
01-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Ok girlies I'm BACK! All my kids came down with a flu bug, one after another....the poor things. Did the mother thing, lots of hugs and kisses and cuddling on the couch.
So I've only just got back to the challenge ...the good news ....due to distraction I think...

Start 01.25.13 - 193
Current 01.31.13 - 191

1. Yes I am drinking more water...
2.Yes I am running again picking it up slowly but definitely feeling those endorphins
3. Have started the dreaded squats and lunges...yes in full view in our local park...I am beyond caring about people judging....and channelling those awesome Valentine's day girliees!!

Thanks a mil each and every one of you! Let's keep going...

Start 01.25.13 - 193
Current 01.31.13 - 191

newleaf123
01-31-2013, 06:42 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 163.2
Gw <160

guacamole
01-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Hello ladies. Thanks for posting your progress and struggles because it really helps me. I went for sushi for lunch with hubby yesterday and today the scale isn't moving from 156. No restaurant meals today, so I am hoping to shed any potential salt water weight from the food I ate over the last 2 days. I am feeling pretty frustrated with myself.

Good luck today!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
1/31/13 - 156

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

newleaf123
01-31-2013, 08:06 AM
luvCats hope you got in that workout yesterday!

zumba how did you do on your water and carb goals yesterday? Love the Breck imagery.

culeyCarr I hope your kids are all well again! I'm so beyond caring about other people judging, too. With age comes wisdom, no?

guac I love a sushi lunch! Yum!! A spontaneous lunch with hubby is worth a little salt gain in the long run... Don't be frustrated; drink your water.

Here, everyone boycotted me trying to replicate the Whole Foods dish last night so we called out for pizza and wings. Well, they did, I mean. I just had some homemade soup for dinner. Little do they know, but I'll try the WF dish for tonight.

natamars
01-31-2013, 09:17 AM
Wednesday: 1245 calories, 20 min stairs at work, 4 miles on treadmill(3 miles jogging)
What made me proud: Almost everything. I rocked today!

I keep playing with the same .6 lbs - up one day, down the next. Waiting for TOM to be done.

Felt good on the treadmill last night. Going to sign up for another race soon.

newleaf, VERY impressed that you stuck to soup while everyone around you had pizza and wings. you rock!

guac, smart girl, give it a few days to flush out. you're doing great.

curley, sorry to hear about the kids..glad everyone is doing better and FANTASTIC that you managed to drop weight through all that!!

zumba, hope the rest of your day went better! Penn Station is EVIL!!

luvcats, WOO-HOO on the 2 lbs!

vegangypsy, if you check in, I made the lentil stew and have been enjoying it all week! 1 cup of it is only 150 calories - I'm having it with basmati rice and salad for lunch and it really fills me up!

Off to get my egg whites and turkey bacon - see everyone later!

curleycarr
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
newleaf123 - loving the fact that you are having Irish oatmeal for breakfast,considering where I'm from....I too indulge...also thanks for the thoughts on the kids...little troupers they did bounce back!

guacamole - Yes lets get that water down together...I am experiencing sushi envy though ....you'd walk miles to find some where I am...

natamars - Fair play to you! Do sign up for a 5km race and we can bask in our communal glow...took a leaf out of your book and registered for free park runs around Dublin...I'm a step closer

Zumba - Already seeing that floaty harp music in your future...

Luvcats - Good on you ....-2 !!!

Junem - That really sounds impressive on the running front...and the good news is tomorrow is the first day of Spring!!

V day cometh....

Jennifer1966
01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
Hi all! I've been crazy busy, so I haven't had a chance to post, but I have been trying to read your posts!

Curleycarr: glad your kids are better and congrats on the loss! I've only been to Ireland once, but I loved it so much!!

Natamars: your dedication to working out is inspiring! I need to move more!

New leaf: I bet the WF recipe is good!

Guacamole: salt kills me on the scale too! (And I love it)

Zumba: hope the no bad carbs and more water is going well. I keep imagining a slimmer me by V-Day. This challenge was such a great idea, thanks!

Luvcats: congrats on the loss! 2 is great!

I'm still doing pretty well food wise, and still not exercising enough. I did manage a 20 minute brisk walk today! My weight was 193.6, so hopefully I'll reach my Valentine's goal!

natamars
01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Thursday: 1290 calories, 25 min stairs at work, 40 min elliptical
What made me proud: Resisted candy at work

Friday is my weigh-in day..not looking good for a loss this week. Hoping it's TOM related, because I feel like I worked hard this week.

Jennifer, it's hard to get motivated to exercise, but I always feel better after, so I try to think ahead to that feeling.

curley, I looked up races today in my area..not much coming up that I can make..thinking about doing a 4 miler in March.

kelijpa
02-01-2013, 05:41 AM
still hanging in there, not making the 20K steps, but getting in around 15K a day and it's working, looks like it could happen... :D

what a week, but mixed good days in between the bad and ended up down a little over a pound, so thrilled with that, now to tackle (no pun intended...) the super bowl challenge, we're making it our treat day but having taco salad, so lean beef, lettuce, salsa, with some other not so good for you stuff, hopefully will balance out, as long as there's a plan, right...lol

thanks for the challenge, these little challenges really work for me

newleaf123
02-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 162.8
Gw <160

guacamole
02-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Thank you for your encouragement, everyone! I did well yesterday with my food and the scale rewarded me. Just gotta keep going. I really want this vacation weight off!

Good luck today!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/1/2013 - 154

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

newleaf123
02-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Natamars sticking to soup isn't as virtuous as it sounds. Pizza and wings has never been a go-to for me... Now, if they decided they were going to have Skittles and Twizzlers for dinner, that would have been a different story LOL

Jennifer just post when you can. Everyone is different in terms of how they want to / can use the board... Glad your weight is moving down :) Oh, and the WF recipe, the way I made it, was too spicy but still quite good. I will try again...

Natamars great job on resisting the candy. That's an area where I can fall down easily...

Kelijpa all those steps are amazing! And how great that you and DH are in this together!

Guac absolutely. All we can do is keep going. What other choice is there? Glad to hear you're finally getting some results.

Here, I am *almost* back to my pre-Indian-restaurant weight. See why I dreaded going so much?! But it was worth it... I'm in this for the long haul, and the fact is, I love Indian restaurants, and there will be more Indian restaurants in my future. So, all is good.

curleycarr
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi ALL you wonderful romantics....

natamars - 4 miler sounds really good for March... it's great to have that goal for yourself I think

Guac - that's so impressive...you are so near to your GW...fair play to you

Jennifer1966 - great to hear you enjoyed Ireland....the weather may start getting better now ( ever the optimist !!! you know we're not known for our sunny climate) which will make it that bit easier to exercise....that's what I'm thinking anyway

newleaf123 - like the mantra on Indian restaurants...

kelijpa - couldn't agree with you more on the challenge...it really does work.

Have just made a batch of weightwatchers 0 points veggie soup. I find if I have it on hand in the freezer it can help me through....
Just channel V DAY...

newleaf123
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
CurleyCarr it's so fascinating to me that tomorrow is considered the beginning of Spring for you! Here, we are still in the deep freeze of winter, and Spring doesn't roll around usually until mid-March.

curleycarr
02-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Yes even for us its a bit too early ( note to self) ...but its official so we start to hop skip and jump around and say things like isn't it getting brighter....

Thing is our weather is generally mild ( in other words wet and damp with the odd ray of sunshine !) that we enjoy these little rituals of celebration ( cue sarcasm....)

Seize the V day....:D

Zumbachica
02-01-2013, 03:12 PM
CURLYCARR: Seize the VDAY..I love that!

NEWLEAF: I love Indian food also, and I am not going to swear it off forever..once I get to a decent weight I am going to definitely treat myself to the dinner of my choice once a week!

GUAC: WAY TO GO>>>FOUR MORE POUNDS>>YOU CAN DO IT>>>>

NATAMARS: Let's do Warrior Dash this summer!! I want to roll around in mud and then have a big turkey leg and beer!!!

JENNIFER: do not underestimate a brisk walk!! you can burn calories in 20 minutes, way to go!

Zumbachica
02-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey chiclets! Well here we are , February 1....two weeks until VDAY.....I am frustrated with myself. I never had such a rough time losing weight before and it is very sobering and making me very humble!! I guess it is true what they say, you reach a certain age and metabolism takes a nose dive....I always heard about it but never thought it would happen to me so young.......

I feel there is always something thrown in the mix to ruin things for me...for temptation to rear its ugly head. last night i went to dinner with friends....tried to keep away from carbs but it was an italian restaurant..how could I not??? Had bread before dinner, angel hair with my entree and then split a dessert with my friend. Hello one lb gain! Sunday is superbowl sunday..i know there is going to be a ton of food there that is going to be tempting...I almost don't want to go. I have a very heavy friend and her life revolves around food..its all she thinks about and talks about...and she keeps asking me what i'm bringing to the party. I hate to tell her that I don't want to go. I'm not into football so whats the point? eating???? How ridiculous is that? Yes, it would be nice to see friends but the focus is so much on the crappy food that is going to be served......and then next week i'm sure there will be soething else...until i can get my life under control I can't be subjected to things that are going to help me sabotage myself......

So here we are, two weeks! Let's do this ish ladies!!!!! I'm going to stick with my low carb plan and really going to kick up the workouts.....there will be a lot of gym time put in this weekend..I went to zumba this morning, going to yoga tonight...and then plan on getting some weightlifting and dreadmill in this weekend ....

natamars
02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
At 1265 calories for the day and tryig to stop here. Went back to the pizza place and got dinner for DS and DH but nothing for myself. For a while we were getting a pizza every Friday and I'd end up eating 3-4 slices over 2 days..now I just buy them individual slices.

Dd NOT get in exercise today. A work problem cropped up this morning and ended up at a Cub Scout thing this afternoon, and now have to get DS to absketball practice. I promise I will do some resistance work at home tonight. And two cardio sessions this weekend, hopefully including a run outside - my new running shoes should be here tomorrow!

Gotta get DS ready to go - check in with you later. I need the help today!!

curleycarr
02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Hola Chicititas!

Definitely going for a long run to kick start this Va Va Voom Day....really want to see those 180's. I'm still holding steady at 191.....:running::running:

Natamars - a brand spanking new pair of runners how gorgeous.... enjoy your run!

Zumbachica - you have introduced me to the term dreadmill ...cheers!

newleaf123
02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Sw 166.2
Cw 163.7
Gw <160

Jennifer1966
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Good job, Heidi! You are so close to the V Day goal!

I'm going to a party tonight, so I need to use some willpower to make good choices. I know I'll be eating and drinking, but hopefully I'll have some self-control. The cocktails will be the hardest to not go overboard on because the hostess makes the most incredible drinks ever:)

Wish me luck!

Zumbachica
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Good luck Jennifer........

Im still at the same exact weight...want to throw this scale out the window....

Have a date tonight and find myself playing the camouflage game....what to wear to hide my big rump and thighs.....

I decided not to go to the Super Bowl party tomorrow so I won't be around the food...it's all going to be crap and a big temptation....

Limiting myself to one glass of wine tonight........

Simba412
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Im in too

I will stick to the MRC diet
Will drink 100 oz of water daily
Exercise 4 days/week.

Goal 155 Current 166:carrot:

natamars
02-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Saturday: 1060 calories, 45 min elliptical
What made me proud: Worked the "fun fair" at DS's school and didn't eat anything

Definitely feeling back in the groove and have adjusted to lower calories. Would love to see a whoosh on the scale

Welcome, Simba!

A date, Zumba! You've been holding out! Hope you're having a good time and I'm sure you look gorgeous!

Jennifer, hope you're having fun and enjoying the cocktails!

newleaf, stay strong!

curley, hope you had an awesome run - I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow if the snow has stopped!

Zumbachica
02-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Two glasses of wine tonight and some bad food at the bar...oy..when is it going to end?

curleycarr
02-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Good morning ALL you incurables romantics....I'm up before the chaos of the whole house begins....its lovely and quiet...aaaaah......

Zumba like natamars I bet you looked fab on your date...hope there was a spark!!

Simba - welcome...and good for you, you sound very focused!

jennifer - did you enjoy those luscious cocktails...and why wouldn't you?!

newleaf - happy sunday!....do something lovely for yourself!

Natamars- hope the snow melts away and you get in your own awesome run!

Good news...my mega run ( for me that is! ) did tip me over the edge, I'm down 1
SW 193
CW 190
VDAY GW 187 - first time I've dared to put a number on it....today all is possible!:devil:

newleaf123
02-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 162.7
Gw <160

Zumbachica
02-03-2013, 09:41 AM
You gals are all so great......I love reading your posts........they are awesome...

Well today is that dreaded day....still not sure if I'm going to the Super Bowl party......it is starting to lean towards no....I can do without all the bad food...and it isn't a party I was looking forward to ..not sure why because the lady that invited me is a lovely woman....

Had a great date last night but he mentioned someone that he dated that I know of...and the woman is a Barbie doll.......no exaggeration she can be a bikini model....this makes me want to throw up....how could he find me attractive and how long can I hide under clothes......oy ....

newleaf123
02-03-2013, 09:47 AM
CurleyCarr I hope Spring is off to a great start and that you've seen that ray of sunshine! Very cold and snowy here... Fabulous to read that you are down 1!! Your goal is in sight!!

ZumbaChica Each day is a fresh one. I hope you can find your mojo soon :hug: I hope you had fun on your date; I'm sure you looked great! Sounds like a good idea to skip the Superbowl party, if you aren't really into the game.

Natamars I hope you've had a chance to enjoy your new running shoes! I hope you've seen that woosh you were anticipating.

Jennifer I hope you had fun at the party last night, and were able to keep your goals in mind. Always a challenge, especially in the face of delicious cocktails.

Simba Welcome!

Not much going on here. No big Superbowl plans; just staying home and watching the game. We've got lots of crappy snacks on hand, which I intend not to eat. And dinner is tacos, where I put out a whole "salad bar" and so that will be fine. I make my own taco seasoning blend, so there is no sodium. My big intention for the day is to get on the exercise equipment down in the basement later this morning. So far, everything is looking on track.

newleaf123
02-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Zumba stop comparing yourself to his past dates... that can only do harm. Live in the now. I'm glad you had a great time! :)

Zumbachica
02-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Zumba stop comparing yourself to his past dates... that can only do harm. Live in the now. I'm glad you had a great time! :)

Thanks new leaf...I know that you're right....but I feel so bad about my body right now it's hard to be confident.....and to know he was with the Barbie doll makes me feel crappy....

natamars
02-03-2013, 12:30 PM
But Zumba, he WENT out with her..past tense. He is GOING out with you. Glad you had fun!

newleaf, sounds like you have a great plan for tonight.

curley, you can make that goal!!

I am hoping I can make mine. Down to 143.2 this morning, so 3.4 to go in 11 days..not likely, but possible. We'll see what happens once TOM is over for good.

I have to return my new shoes. So annoyed. I ordered from a site I have been using. They mailed me a coupon code. I used said coupon code, order went through fine. Then when I looked at the packing slip it had the full price. Checked my credit card statement and it showed two charges, one for the discounted amount and one for the discount! I called up and they said oh you're not a VIP anymore, you shouldn't have gotten the discount. I said you can't charge me one amount which I agree to and then add on after I place the order!! Told them if they wouldn't honor the discount I'm returning the shoes, but they wouldn't budge. They just lost a customer.

Sorry for the rant..hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday.

Jennifer1966
02-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Natamars: wow, what a crappy thing for a company to do! I wouldn't shop there again either.

Zumba: don't worry about who he has dated! I'm sure there are women in my husband's past who are smarter, thinner, prettier than I am, but it doesn't matter! I'm here now :)

Newleaf: it sounds like you are going to resist the snacks! Good for you!

Simba: welcome!

I had a great time last night, but I did not resist the cocktails. And then, of course, after over indulging on the drinks, I hit the food! It was worth it though, and I'm back at eating right and exercising today. No Super Bowl parties for me, I have essays to grade:)

guacamole
02-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Quick check-in, because if I don't I know that I will fall off the wagon. Had a bad weekend of eating - could have been worse - but I didn't watch myself. Dinner with friends Friday night, big family lunch Saturday, and a dinner event on Saturday night. Stepped on the scale to 157 this morning. Can I really have gained 3 lbs from Friday to Sunday? Ugh. Today hasn't been the greatest eating wise. I am already at 1300 calories and haven't had dinner yet. Anyway, I wish you luck and hope to have more time to post tomorrow. This weekend has been super busy and it isn't over yet!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/3/2013 - 157

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

newleaf123
02-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 163.4
Gw <160

Can't imagine why I'm up. Salt from the 5 wasabi peas, or the 5 Doritos I had?? Literally, that was my indulgence. Maybe wasabi peas are evil. This is the first time I've had them in months. Whatever...

natamars
02-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Sunday: 1610 calories. No formal exercise but ice skated for 1 hour and bowled for 2 hours with my family :-)
What made me proud: Did not grab a snack while grocery shopping in the moring(four different stores!)..waited until I got home

I had been planning a higher calorie day so this worked out. Weight up a bit this morning..probably higher carbs and eating later.

Will catch up with everyone later...

curleycarr
02-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Holaaaa Valantinas!

So we are ALL doing the Monday thing...I have just finished a deadline phew...

Well it really is Feb now....and thanks a mil to you chicas because it means by tagging along on your coat tails I may just be able to finish the first month of my reset button ( note I have pressed it a few times before...) in such lovely company.

So drumroll....

NatamarsI love that you did all that exercise having fun with your family....thanks for the encouragement on goal!!

Newleaf ....whatever indeed!...wasabi peas never eaten them....now never want tooo!

Zumba - ....listen to newleaf she kind of nailed it!

[B]Guacamole....I think those quick ups on the scale can come down as quick.... I know I have to lay off those endorphins

Jennifer....hope you motored thru your grading...not a job for the faint hearted...been there!!

Valor!!!!

newleaf123
02-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Hey, ladies. I just had an epiphany -- 10 days! That's what's left in this challenge!! Surely I can meet my goal... right??! Not that my commitment has strayed, it hasn't, but I'm going to double down for the next 10 days. I really, truly, want to be under 160.

I'll check in later; no time for personals right now...

We can do this!!

Jennifer1966
02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Ten days! Wow, this challenge has gone by super fast! I was at 192.4 this morning for my official Monday morning weigh in, which gives me a little under 3 pounds to lose to be in the 180s by Valentine's !

We can do this!!

newleaf123
02-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Natamars what a drag about the shoes! Sounds like your informal exercise yesterday was great!

Jennifer great job getting right back on track. And yes, we can do this!

Guac I'm the same way; checking in is critical to me... hopefully you will find your mojo again soon... :hug:

CurlieCarr I'm so glad you're feeling good and having a good month! I love your sense of humor.

Nothing exciting to report here. Did a little clothes shopping; solidly a size M on top, but definitely not there on the bottom. A size M dress that I could barely slide over my hips, which I feared I would break if I tugged too hard, definitely drove that home... Darn pear shape! But good motivation to stay the course these next 10 days... Let me repeat, I so much want to be below 160 by then... DH is out of town through Thursday night; I see lots of salad in my future. Luckily I love salad; just stopped and bought a bunch of kale today.

newleaf123
02-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Grace73, juneM, simba412 if you're out there, I hope all is well!

Sum38 miss you!! Check in once you get back from Finland...

kelijpa, luvCats, veganGypsy, zumba hope all is well!

newleaf123
02-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I think I shed a lot of water weight today, and I'm going to bed at the same weight as I started the day. So, fingers crossed for tomorrow morning that I will be back to my pre-Indian-restaurant weight...

curleycarr
02-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Good morning ALL!
Am up at the crack this morning...another deadline...
newleaf all shaping up nicely....you will be down I'm sure!

Woke up to 2 big surprises this morning.....first it's snowing!!!!this never happens, the kids will be soo excited and second, I found where the elusive 180's were hiding....
SW 193
CW 189:)
GW 187

newleaf123
02-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 162.0
Gw <160

curleyCarr awesome, on the snow AND the 180s!!

I did it, finally down past the Indian restaurant weight! 10 days later...

natamars
02-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Monday: 1255 calories, 25 min stairclimbing at work, 3.7 miles on treadmill(3 mi jogging)
What made me proud: Dragged my butt to the gym at 9PM after lying in bed reading with DS..that was hard!

Definitely in a good groove now..would love to see more movement on the scale. Running is getting easier..hope I can get a run outside this weekend! I think I may try for the local half-marathon this year..wanted to do it last year but couldn't get the mileage in. My goal is to run 3x/week(and for now at least two of those will have to be on the treadmill since I'm not going to run in the dark during the week) and to increase my weekend long run by .5-1 mi each week, but at a relaxed pace.

newleaf, you are so close! You WILL do this! Sounds like a great shopping trip too.

curley, YAY for the 180's!!

Jennifer, great progress..goal is within reach!

guacamole
02-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Hello, everyone! Another quick post - my days have been so busy. My weight is all over the place from day to day. Cold weather, no exercise, not so great eating. The slightest salt and I am up a few pounds. Ugh. My litmus test is tight engagement and wedding rings - they are tight! I am still going to work towards my Valentine's day goal - it does
Motivate me forward. Good luck today!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/5/2013 - 155

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

Zumbachica
02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Hello everyone! Been trying but still up on weight..I just don't freaking get it and I'm starting to get really pissed. Did a killer toning class yesterday, not eating a lot calorie wise....deadline is drawing near and I'm getting worse not better...need some fire under my bum!

Glad you are ll staying in the challenge and doing well....more later...

Jennifer1966
02-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Good morning, all! It's a snow day for me and the kids, so I'm planning a lot of hanging out and laundry time! I'm doing very well on my plan, and starting to feel positive that I can be in the 180s by Valentines! I was 192 today , so less than 3 lbs in 9 days. Tough, but hopefully not impossible.

Newleaf: so glad that weight is off! Medium tops! That's awesome!!

Curleycarr: woohoo for snow! And double triple woohoo for the 180s!

Natamars: your workouts are inspiring!

Guacamole: when I'm super busy, I never seem to make good food choices. Hang in there!

Zumbachica: I know it's super frustrating to watch the scale sometimes. I often think we should focus on our body changes rather than a easily fluctuating number!

I hope everyone has a great day!

newleaf123
02-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 161.4
Gw <160

natamars
02-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Tuesday: 1350 calories, 25 min stairclimbing at work
What made me proud: Cut off my eating by 6:30

Today is my day to be discouraged. Very slow progress lately and just not feeling like I'm doing any good. Averaging about 1350 calories a day and getting some form of exercise evrey day and still have this ridiculous muffin top. I'm disgusted by the sight of it. I am trying to project ahead to spring and being able to wear dresses again that will fall easily over my body, not get stuck around the fat in the middle.

Got some bad health news about my mom yesterday - she is 81 and was diagnosed with late stage breast cancer about 9 years ago. She's been doing very well but it is metatstatizing now and it just had me thinking about what her life will be like. She is very independent and has been getting around well on her own. The thought of her incapacitated or in pain is awful. It is hard to get her to ask for help. I am lucky in that 2 of my siblings live very close to her - I'm about 50 miles away.

Will check in later.

newleaf123
02-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Natamars don't get discouraged. You *have* to go through days and days, weeks and weeks, maybe even months and months of looking at the roll that you don't like if you are ever going to get to the point of it going away. You can't really control how long it takes. And I promise you, one day you will look in the mirror and will be *astounded* that it is somehow gone. You will be so elated. So instead of feeling discouraged, know that one day you will feel elated, and try to embrace that instead. I'm so sorry about your mother; that's got to be very difficult... It's hard being far away :hug:

Zumbachica
02-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Natamars: So sorry to hear about your mom...I know how difficult it is..when my dad got sick it was like a pain I never felt before in my life, I felt so helpless being at the mercy of other people and not being able to fix things myself. I know its hard being far away but thank goodness you have siblings that are closer to her......

NEwleAF, You are almost there....:carrot:

Jennifer: I wish we could have a snow day, I'd love to be snowed in and not have to go to work or get the kids off to school.....LOL...most Moms dread snow days, I love them. Makes me remember listening to the radio for them to say my school and then I would jump up and down in victory..lets hear it for mother nature!!

Guac: I've become very sensitive to sodium also....it scares me..i don't want to be one of those people on water pills every day .....I'm probably not getting enough water in..

Zumbachica
02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi All,
I had my hissy pissy day yesterday and then the sun came up today so its back to the grind. I don't want to give up on this challenge......we have a week and one day..YIKES.....time to get serious.

I have a bunch of Atkins shakes that are going to go in the garbage unless i drink them, so I'll be having one of those a day at lunch. Still going the low carb route....I'm doing my BBL DVD every day today through V day to see if that makes a difference because obviously my zumba classes are not enough. I know i"m supposed to talk about how great Zumba is, but the truth is when you get to a certain point your body gets used to that level of activity and it adjusts itself so that you don't lose weight from it....also what you eat is such a big part of the equation!!!!!

Both my kids did great on their report cards so I was going to bake a treat today..it has to be something I won't eat though....not exactly sure what that would be...LOL....

Going to class today and then meeting a friend for lunch, I'm going to try and keep away from sushi which i know she really wants (rice and soy sauce...oy vey)...hopefully we can do the diner and I'll order a salad with grilled chicken....then i'll be having a shake for dinner....

Wish me luck! This is so hard to do when you're cooking for two growing boys....

newleaf123
02-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Zumba I hear you re: growing boys. Mine are 11 & 13. I try to ask myself before I make something on the decadent side -- am I truly doing this for them, or am I secretly doing it for me. I try to limit it that only when the answer is A do I forge forward. Last night I made mac & cheese for dinner (homemade) and I had to have that little chat with myself since I LOVE cleaning the cheese sauce out of the pan with a finger. I decided that I *was* making it for them, forcibly restrained myself from licking the pan clean, and then had a small portion for dinner alongside a large salad. The boys on the other hand had a large portion for dinner alongside a small salad. Good luck at lunch today. I frequently have lunch with friends, and they do tend to bring me down. Me always having a salad, them always having a wide variety. But now that I've recognized this pattern and can anticipate it, it does help a little. Funny re: zumba. Yah, I guess that's the case with most things... And oh do I remember sitting by the radio or tv waiting for that school closing! Now we get text messages and phone calls on our cell phones; not the same thing....

curleycarr
02-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi Valentines!

OOOH we are getting close. So close in fact that I should actually start to think about doing something lovely for my DH...Its not all about me is it!!!!

Natamars Really sorry to hear the news about your mother. Our mothers are the same age and types...feisty and independant. Its so painfull for you and your siblings right now and it's hard to find that balance between helping them through their illness and making sure they keep that wonderful sense of themselves. V Big hugs to you.

Zumba...keep the faith in yourself....keep going .... eye on the prize...the prize being you feeling really good about you!

Newleaf....you are sooooo close...I have a good feeling about you and GW!

Jennifer....those 180's are calling you....I can hear them!

:D

LuvCats
02-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Natamars. Hang in there. Keep up the good work on eating/exercise.

Zumbachica: It sounds like you have a good plan in place to try to get things moving again. You go girl! :)

Newleaf: Good job at resisting the M&C bowl. I don't go for that but goodies... oy. One thing I do sometimes on something that is safe to eat (i.e. not cookie dough.. yuck) is allow myself ONE swipe/spoonful and then IMMEDIATELY put the rest of the bowl/beaters in soapy water. (Of course counting it as needed also.)

curleycarr: I love your thinking to focus on DH and not self. I have no idea if mine will be home or not (he has been out of town most of January/all of February so far) but I'll have to make a nice dinner that night if he is. :)

Well I chose to make my primary goal for 3 weeks from today rather than next Thursday so I still have a bit to go... looking pretty good so far. I've kept up on my planned daily exercise and have 4.2#s to go to make my desired 10 #s by the 27th. I need to especially stay strong not this weekend but the following 2 weekends when I will be out of town (at my parents house both times).

Keep up the good work everyone! We can do this. :)

natamars
02-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all the kind words re: my mom, everyone. She is a great person and we are very close..can't stand the thought of her being ill. For the last few years she's been working on a type of bucket list so I've gotten to go with her to a few things. She tries to have one new experience every month - she has lived in NYC her whole life but there's always something to do around here. I took her to see Book of Mormon last month..she didn't get all of it, but it was fun.

LuvCats, you're doing great! Weekends away can be tough, but I know you will find a way to make it work. I'm also hoping we will have another challenge(Spring? St. Patty's? ) right after this..I like the short challenges personally!

zumba, sounds like you are doing great on the exercise! Since you said you had a tough toning class your muscles may be retaining some water. It's great that you're mixing it up!

newleaf, great job on limiting the m&c. I also have a growing boy at home(he'll be 10 next month and is AWESOME!) and he just eats larger portions of everything we cook...especially meat, which I hardly eat.

8 more days!!!

guacamole
02-06-2013, 02:48 PM
natamars - I am so sorry about your mom. It sounds like you have a great relationship with her, so that's something to be thankful for.

Zumbachica - I find cooking and baking for my family to be such a challenge. I know it's part of the job of being a mom, but I just can't eat the foods they can and not gain weight.

curleycarr - It's nice to think of the men once in awhile instead of putting all the pressure on them to step up!

LuvCats - Good luck reaching your goal - you are close!!

newleaf123 - Meals with friends and cooking yummy things "for the kids" get me down too. It's too easy to partake in what everyone else is eating. That's why I like to have one or two off plan meals per week so that I don't feel different or deprived - I can eat like everyone else. I tend to stay on plan more when I eat alone.

I had the worst cravings for sweets this morning - it didn't help that I had to make a trip to the grocery store. I actually bought cake mix and frosting and was prepared to make it once I came home! Instead, when I arrived home I sat in my car, logged onto my calorie counting app, and planned out a healthy breakfast for myself within a reasonable amount of calories (whole wheat, egg, veggie sausage wrap). I planned something that sounded tasty and filling without empty calories. After I unloaded the groceries, I made my breakfast with ingredients I had already entered into my program. I was no longer hungry, but the sugar monster was still there! So, I had a cinnamon apple greek yogurt with kashi cereal to satisfy the sweets craving. I also had 2 cups of coffee from wake-up to breakfast. That did the trick and my craving was gone - but - I ate up almost all of my calories by 10am! I hate it when that happens. So, we shall see what will be with the rest of the day. I think I can keep away from sweets and even forgo lunch, but I am probably going to be hungry at dinner time. I am making meatless burritos tonight, so I will probably have one, which will put me 200-300 calories over my limit. However, at least the calories won't be from cake and frosting! I am really craving chocolate lately - I had a hard time staying away from it last week too.

Good luck today!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/6/2013 - 155

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

LuvCats
02-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks guacamole. Good job stopping and planning before you ate the cake. I hate those sweet cravings too. Uggh. I made pancakes today from one of the WW recipes posted on there that had cottage cheese in them. The recipe said each pancake was 1/8 cup batter and should make 16 but I got 25 out of it... had them with around 1/8 cup of log cabin lite syrup. Not bad at all and I enjoyed the sweetness of the syrup. :)

natamars: That is neat that your mom has done so much like that!

As far as the next challenge, a St. pats day one would be good too, but I just put up one on the Chicks Up for a Challenge forum for Independence Day. That is just under 5 months so not too long but not super short either. I'd love for anyone that wants to join me. :)

Jennifer1966
02-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Quick check in today. Everything is on track, but I'm feeling hungrier today than normal--maybe the end of this stupid head cold??

Natamars: so sorry to hear about your mom, but her "bucket list" sounds great! I want to see Book of Mormon! It's great you are enjoying doing some of these things with her.

Luvcats: I really like the idea of a St Patty's Day challenge. Holiday to holiday!

newleaf123
02-06-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm in for a St. Paddy's Day too. First, I like these short ones. Otherwise I lose focus and interest. Plus, that happens to be the day I leave for Patagonia and I hope to be rocking my hiking pants!

newleaf123
02-06-2013, 08:15 PM
CurleyCarr you mean Valentines Day is about more than losing a couple of pounds?? LOL I had forgotten that... I did get a couple little things for my sons. Nothing for my husband yet. We don't really "do" Valentines Day, and I worry that if I do something for him, then he will feel guilty for not doing anything for me. He's a great husband; holidays just aren't our thing.

Guac totally, we seem to be in the same mindspace. I do much better when I eat alone, or when DH is out of town and its just me & the boys. But, I hate to let my friends down, so I do the lunches. But it makes me grumpy, also, to spend $20 on lunch (salad & drink) when I could have had a much more wonderful salad at home. I have to keep reminding myself, it's not about the food... I hope your evening has gone well. I love those cinnamon-apple Greek yogurts, too!

LuvCats can't join you for the July 4th challenge... I just can't think that far in advance to know what my goal would be LOL

Jennifer I hope your cold is behind you now. Glad to read that you are feeling on track!

Nothing much new to report here, other than that I keep inching my goal weight down. Looking at myself, I certainly have at least 15 more pounds to lose (5 thigh, 5 thigh, 5 abdomen/butt), but my goal was only 13 pounds away, so I dropped it down another 2. I can't imagine going any lower than that, but who knows what I will think of my appearance at that weight. Hopefully I'll be tickled!

curleycarr
02-07-2013, 07:07 AM
HI THE LAST OF THE GREAT ROMANTICS!!!!!

Well first things first .....I already have a mini goal for St Paddy's day!!
You know I take my role as the token Irish of the group very seriously.....updating you on our awful weather etc......and keeping with that.......March 17th is my birthday!!!:D

Now I don't want to sway any of you .... but I'd love the company!!!!!

Luvcats I also do long range goals ...so count me girl!:devil:

Working on ANOTHER deadline....so MUST get back...

Keep going ...remember Newleaf, Natamars, Zumba, Guac, Jennifer....
Take a deep breath and......

LOVE is in the air!!!!!...every sight and every sound...LOVE is the air!!!!.... every where I look around....( note if its cheesey I know it !!!;) )

guacamole
02-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Quick am check-in! Ugh, the scale went up 2 lbs this morning. I ate over 2,000 calories yesterday. Yes, I am proud that I didn't eat any sweets or bread. i did overindulge in carbs and foods that have a higher salt content. Yesterday was just a really bad day trying to fight off chocolate cravings by eating other things. Too much of other things. I hope to do better today.

Oh yeah - I am in for a St. Paddy Day challenge with you all!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/7/2013 - 157

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

Sum38
02-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Still in Finland.

I have not been very active; just visited a ton of family and friends.

My eating has been light and my clothes fit better :yay: If I could keep up with these European style portions up upon my return, I bet this weight would just melt off.

When I left for Europe I was around 164 pounds...I believe I am around 159 right now :) -- But I have no way knowing; MISS MY SCALE!!!! Anything under 160 would be great!

Everyone is so thin here; I am this fat cow next to my friends. This trip has definitely motivated me into getting back in shape. Once I am done with all my trips; I will hire a personal trainer and focus on me and getting fit.

By the summer arrives, I want to come back as a strong and lean person. I can do it!!

Sorry no time for personals, but sending :dust: to all.

newleaf123
02-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 161.1
Gw <160

We'll have to make it The CurleyCarr Birthday Challenge LOL :woo:

Guac I know all too well about the denial of a craving, only to eat too much of something else anyway... Sorry the scale is up. You will find your groove again; I know it. I've been exactly where you are, maybe 5 pounds ago. You'll break through. Just keep at it every day. Hey, thought of you as I was dissecting an avocado last night LOL

Are you guys sick of hearing me wax on about my ever-changing goal yet? Last night I tried on the stack of 3 pants that still don't fit yet in my closet. Yeah, they clearly don't fit, oh my! It's all in the hips/butt. Then I got to thinking about how much I weighed when I bought them. 146, in 2005-6. Which happens to be what I had changed my goal to only hours before. So... maybe I'm finally coalescing on a number; we'll see.

natamars
02-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Wednesday: 1325 calories, 25 min stairclimbing, 4.6 mi on treadmill(4 of them jogging, go, me!)
What made me proud: My stair buddy went home sick but I did the stairs anyway - up to 770 steps each way

Had my wellness assessment at work - unfortunately my BMI was 25.4 on their scale so I don't qualify for the extra $100 :-(. There are other ways I can earn the funds. Bad news was my blood pressure was too high(it always is in these situations - I had a 24 hour test once and it was fine, plus I monitor at home). Good news was all my cholesterol and glucose numbers were optimal,and had improved a bit over my last test.

Blizzard is heading this way! Will have to find ways to get my exercise in at home for a few days.

newleaf you are so freaking close to your goal for this challenge! Awesome!!

sum, glad you are having a great time, and it's good to experience other lifestyles and learn from them. I think we do a lot of things wrong in the US.

guac, isn't it amazinghow sensitive the scale is? By tomorrow the 2 lbs(and hopefully more!) will be gone

curley, the next challenge will def. have to be a combo of your b'day and St. Paddy's - love it!! What a great day to have a birthday!

jennifer, hope you got through your hungry day OK..those are tough.

luvcats, I may check out that challenge. I am actually hoping to be at goal weight on the 4th of July..that is a 1lb/week loss from when I started. I actually keep a spreadsheet with my daily weight and calories and goals..yes, I work in finance;) But I like these short-term ones too.

Hope everyone is well, and staying safe with this crazy weather.

LuvCats
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Glad some of you are interested in the Independence Day challenge... I probably wouldn't do one that far out either if not for the fact my goals are small steps but ones I want to keep up for the foreseeable future. I'm not looking at it as "lose XX pounds by 7/4." I imagine we all think of different things when we think of setting goals. :)

I would be happy to put up one for 40's St. Pat's day here if you like... or someone else can either way is terrific.... not sure if y'all would like to have it up now or not until later next week.

Keep up the good work everyone! We're doing this. :)

Jennifer1966
02-07-2013, 07:36 PM
I think we should put it up after this Valentine's challenge ends, but either way works for me! I've had a decent day calorie-wise, but I'm not getting any exercise in due to this stupid cold. I'm so wiped out after work, I can't imagine working out! I'm even debating tracking my Niquil calories :)

Sum38
02-07-2013, 10:31 PM
If anyone is interested... I could make a google spreadsheet with weekly weigh-ins and measurements?

natamars
02-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Thursday: 1095 calories, 50 min Zumba class
What made me proud: Didn't eat after Zumba even though I wanted a treat, I wasn't truly hungry

Down 1.6 for the week and 5.4 for the challenge, even though Ive complained, that is a really good rate of loss for me, so I'll shut up now.

Snow has already started here and they're saying we could get anywhere from 10-20". Going to get out early and make sure I have good food for the next few, but exercise will be a challenge - probably won't get back to the gym until Sunday so I'll have to get creative around the house, or do something with the snow(I hate shoveling and am hoping one of DH's friends will plow the driveway for us).

Sum I would def. be interested and have been tracking my weight weekly, not my measurements though..I think it really helps to see progress that way...

Jennifer, hope you're feeling better

Luv, is that challenge up on the chicks for a challenge board? I think we'll prob post the St. Paddy's Day/Curley's bday one on Friday...

Stay safe, all.

newleaf123
02-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 161.7
Gw <160

guacamole
02-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/8/2013 - 157

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

I keep thinking - is this it? Is this where I gain it all back? I feel like I have no control over my weight when I know that isn't true. Still it feels like I step on the scale to a train wreck each morning - all my hard work going down the drain.

newleaf123
02-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Guac I have so been there. Don't let your emotional side win out over your rational side... you can do this. Just keep plodding on with what you know is right. :hug:

Zumbachica
02-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Hi Everyone! Well it is snowing here, and we are going to get blasted tonight.....I kind of look forward to being snowed in with my boys and I plan on cooking a lot, working out with my DVD's and cleaning the house.....

Still not losing....I decided that march is the month I will take care of doctor's appts, dentist, etc. and maybe I can get hormones checked and thryoid. Losing was never this hard before, I feel like something wierd is going on......I'm not even getting on the scale every morning like I always have....

Yesterday I went to WHBM and bought a new pair of jeans in a size that is double the size that jeans that i bought there last summer...grrrrrrrr....sales girl was trying to be nice and told me not to worry about it and just accept it, easy for her to say she had a banging body...I think she gave me a steep discount because she felt sorry for me...LOL....

But all is not lost....I still have time before Thursday..still time to debloat a little bit......

Have to get to the gym this morning and then I'm home for good....things are 'bout to get ugly..LOL...Hope I can make it to BJ's today to pick up that kettlebell system..hopefully they still have them it was a good bargain.

Have a skinny day everybody!!!

Zumbachica
02-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Guac: i know how you feel girl, but you have to get a grip...you lost weight before, try and think about what your driving force was then....get your mojo back.....

Sum38
02-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Guacamole,

I have nearly gained all back....and now I am mad! We can do this girlie!

LuvCats
02-08-2013, 12:29 PM
natamars: Yep, the July 4 challenge is up on Chicks up for a Challenge... I was thinking maybe we could put a specific 40s one up after St. Pats or maybe after Easter?

Looking good newleaf!! You are so close to your goal!

Hang in there guacamole. You're going to get there. :)

Zumbachica: Lol finally someone else who wants snow! I keep asking for it but to no avail. *sigh* lol. Sounds like a plan to have your hormones, etc. checked. It sure isn't easy losing in our 40's is it?

Sum: I'm curious what you were referring to with the spreadsheet? Use that mad to knock off those pounds!

So far so good for me today. Have to try to get motivated and get up and exercise but I have no doubt I will. I looked back over my WW entries yesterday and discovered I have only missed 1 day of exercising since I started up again on January 7th. Wow! Sure, some days have been much lighter than others and I don't count formal exercise on Monday (hospital volunteer day... I'm usually moving quite a bit). Just felt good to look at.

Have a great day everyone! :)

newleaf123
02-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Okay, so there. I did it. Those Fruit Loops that have been taunting me since last night? Yeah, I poured a small bowl. Now I've got that oversweet / scratchy feeling in my mouth but at least its over. I don't have to think about it anymore. Why is my brain like this?? My weight was up this morning, most likely because I ate a bunch of nuts last night in an effort to stave off the Fruit Loops. Ugh. Reset.

guacamole
02-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Did I mention how much I love you ladies? Strange how people you have never met can mean so much. Thanks.

Jennifer1966
02-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi all! Things are going pretty well here. Down to 191 this am, so nder 2 pounds to make my V Day goal. Only problem is I'm going to a conference in Columbus Monday- Wednesday, which means tons of restaurant meals and booze! I want to have a good time, but I am going to have to work really hard to make good choices. A few drinks, and all my will power vanishes :).

Guacamole: you can do this. We have all been there! I realized this morning that I have put on almost 30 lbs since last spring. Ugh. This group is the best at motivating and keeping us on track!

Zumba: It does sound like fun to be snowed in. I hope everyone keeps power!

Newleaf: Should I admit how yummy Fruit Loops sound? Good job at only having a small bowl!

LuvCats: good job on the exercise!

Sum38: a google spreadsheet sounds good. I guess I'd actually have to take measurements then.

Have a great Friday night all!

Zumbachica
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about the losing power situation...we never lost power before due to snow, but with things like transformers and power lines being compromised from sandy I really wonder if that is a possibility. I don't think we could survive without heat....and our little generator does just so much....have to just pray for the best..the snow started as I left the gym so I never made it to BJs to look for those kettlebells....I was too afraid to stay out.....Gosh, it is coming down hard, it looks pretty though and all activities for the weekend have been cancelled so I get to stay in and get things done without interruption..bake bread and cook big dinners for my boys. maybe organize a drawer or two....

I have been really good today as far as my eating. Eggs for breakfast, cheese and almonds for lunch, some chicken cold cut meat for a snack..tonight i'm making chicken cacciatore. I'll have some ricotta cheese mixed with stevia for dessert....have to check and see what the carb count is on ricotta......

No energy for another workout today (bit dehydrated from drinking and debauchery the night before wink wink***) but i'll be doing my DVD;s for sure....

curleycarr
02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Guac
2 years ago I lost 61 hard earned pounds, was a new woman for all of 2 months after goal ( bought the new clothes and all) and then had an accident, I tore the muscles in my legs. I ran my new business from that horizontal position on the couch and never let on to new clients why I always conducted business by email or over the phone. ( strange they didn't find it weird ).
But cue a food feast that lasted 5 months .... that's all it took. I'm focused that way! Still kept a few pounds off ...But in the whole scheme of things....

I know that feeling when you think all your hard work is slipping away...BUT its NOT and in your case this is just a deep breath in before the final straight away. We all have times when things don't go quite according to plan .... I hear you!....the most important thing is not to lose the faith in yourself....you can DO THIS.

OK VALANTINAS....ONWARDS! :val1:

junem
02-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Hello fellow Valentine goal setters. Even though I don't post too often I am still here. We had our snow yesterday, it was a run-of-the-mill midwest snowstorm and we are mostly dug out. Zumbachica, i hope you dont get all they predicted and that your power, heat, and INTERNET all stay up. Sum38 are you home from Europe now? Are the Finnish good cooks? Curleycarr, a fellow pisces.

I ran a half mile on the treadmill today in 5minutes and 11 seconds, which is 11 seconds short of my VDay goal. Maxed out my heart rate, definitely an all-out effort. Can I shave off those 11 seconds in 6 days, and not die? We shall see.

curleycarr
02-09-2013, 03:21 AM
Good morning Chicas! Happy Saturday.....but not without ....:coffee:

SW 193
CW 188:D
GW 187

Let's keep going.......5 MORE DAYS......:running::running::running:

kelijpa
02-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Good morning all! We did pretty good with the snow maybe 5-6 inches. The challenge has been a great help, hopefully I won't be trying to reload the weight I just lost again this week! TOM showed up this weekend. YAY! NOT... best to all :sunny:

hang in there Gauc and Zumba, keep fighting the good fight!

natamars
02-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Close to two feet of snow here - yikes! Challenge will be not to overeat while we're stuck inside. Hope everyone is safe.

newleaf123
02-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 162.8
Gw <160

Good luck with the snow, everyone!!

Am I afraid to hit my goal?? What gives?? Back on track today.

Zumbachica
02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
hey all....yup, we are buried under two feet or more...the snow is up to my SUV's hood and it is a huge truck.....that's pretty bad....don't ask me how i'm going to be able to shovel it out by Monday...my son is going to have to help me but it may be even too much for the two of us......I'm sure i'll be getting my exercise trying! I'm holding off to do that tomorrow, hoping the sun melts some of it..wishful thinking!!!

I've been drinking more water and I put in a few good days...I still haven't gotten on the scale though.....I"m a scaredy cat...will definitely get on it tomorrow morning...it will make me feel good to see that number down a little bit.....

well I have been on a cleaning marathon, better get back on it , that is how I am burning calories today..will put in my brazilian butt lift later.....

My son just asked me if he can go to his friends house....well we don't have a truck that isn't buried under snow and the roads are not driveable..i live on a busy street and there hasnt been one car go by..this is nuts! Thank God we kept our power, lights were flickering last night it was very scary.....Not sure what we would do without electricity....

We are down to the countdown......five more days until Valentines Day!! Let's see what we can accomplish in five days!!!

LuvCats
02-09-2013, 03:37 PM
NO FAIR NO FAIR NO FAIR!!!! Lol send the snow to me!!

Ha ha I always say that and everyone always says they'd be glad to but then never do. :P~~~

Keep it up ladies! We can do this! Did 2 miles on WATP today. Time for a good lunch now.

newleaf123
02-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Eating on plan today, did 35 min on the elliptical and an hour in the pool. Doing my best...

That's a lot of snow, Zumba!

Jennifer1966
02-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Eating well today because DH made this African-inspired ground turkey and tomatoes over whole wheat couscous with veggies for an early dinner. It was delicious! This cold thing finally got the best of me, so I hit the stat care this am. I guess I have bronchitis and sinusitis, so I'm on a Z-pack. I am hoping I'm much better by 5:30 am on Monday when I leave for my three day conference
(the doc did give me me the all clear to drink on the meds; I know the right questions to ask;) ). Really hoping I don't go to crazy and not meet my goal for Valentines!!

natamars
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Friday: 1795 calories(approx, includes 2 slices of Grandma pizza), no exercise
Saturday: 1485 calories, did some snow shoveling, housecleaning, and sledding. Walked to the golf course, and it's tough work climbing uphill in 2 feet of snow!

I'm exhausted. DH and I fell asleep by 7PM, and going to try to sleep for the night soon. He was out shoveling for hours today. All roads in our town were closed today..hoping I'll be able to get around tomorrow.

Thinking of doing kind of an up day down day diet where I eat around 1000 calories one day and 1700 the next since my calories have been averaging 1350. Would keep exercise lighter on the low days and do my running the heavier days. Just have to make sure I make every calorie count on the low days.

Jennifer your dinner sounds delicious! Hope you're feeling up to going to your conference Monday.

newleaf glad you're having a good day..so want to see you hit that goal!

luv, I wish we could send you this snow. It looks beautiful but is a major PITA!

zumba hope you're getting dug out. My DS lasted about 10 minutes with the shovelling - hope yours did better. For some reason he thought it was going to be fun! And DH and I always fight about it - he thinks I'm doing it wrong so I last maybe an hour tops before I walk away. I have a muscoleskeletal issue with my chest that the repetitive motion always irritates anyway. Maybe one of your neighbors has a plow?

See you all tomorrow!

curleycarr
02-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Oh well with 5 days to go I fell off the wagon....well more like I leapt!

My lovely neighbour had a girls night in her house for our street. Great fun but a disaster calories wise. I tried my best to resist the cheese, wine and dips ....BUT to no avail ...I just had the one dip and then it spiralled...I was having soo much fun ....Oh nooooo. I was the first one to leave at 2.30am.

I had only one more pound to go to goal ....will avoid the scale for a day or two and try to pull it back.

Everyone with all that snow, take care of yourselves...saw footage on the TV, its incredible.

Crawling back up on the wagon today.....big R on my forehead for REMORSE...

Zumbachica
02-10-2013, 10:38 AM
well scale is still not budging, at this point Ijust want to cry when I think about it.......I haven't been near sugar and I've stayed low carb now for days, you would think I would have lost something. I need a major swoosh before Thursday but I dont know how that is going to happen at this rate.

Still snowed in although plows made it to our street today. I wonder if the kids have school tomorrow. I can't see how school buses are going to get around in this .....makes for a dangerous situation. Part of me hopes that tomorrow is a snow day...I am going to burn some calories by trying to get my truck out...it isn't going to be easy, the snow is up to the hood......it has been taking people hours to get their cars out. I can't help but be angry that this is all because there is all my husbands junk in the garage, so I can't keep my truck in there. Just another reason to resent him.....can't wait until this divorce is over and all his junk is GONE.......I hate my life right now.

newleaf123
02-10-2013, 10:38 AM
curleyCarr don't put the big R on your forehead. The important thing is that you have put it behind you and have moved on. The goal date is nothing but an arbitrary day on the calendar... I'm beginning to think that success is defined as the ability to doggedly get back on track, because these pitfalls will always be there. We can't always be "virtuous". In fact, I wish I could erase the whole emotional component from the equation, but I can't.

Zumbachica
02-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Natamars, our town got the second most snow, 30 inches! Complete craziness..just happy we didn't lose power....I thank God we are toasty and warm and have plenty of food to get us through should we not be able to get out the next few days.

newleaf123
02-10-2013, 10:42 AM
zumbaChica, yeah,it'd resent that,too. See my note above to curleyCarr, I think the best thing we can do,which I have not achieved, is remove emotion from the weightloss equation and just keep plugging on. Easier said than done; I'm having a hard time doing it, too. But I believe that that is the direction in which success lies... Good luck, friend. You will get there. One foot in front of the other.

newleaf123
02-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 162.1
Gw <160

natamars
02-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Sitting here trying not to eat!! Feel so lazy with the snow even though I have been out and about. I ate high calorie Fiday and apparently my body liked it and wants my calories up again! Trying to stay under 1300 today and already at 940..always have my main meal at lunch but will still be tough. DH is working so I'm home with DS and can't get to the gym.

zumba, you must have been PO'ed that you couldn't use your garage! I think I would have thrown his stuff into the snow! I live in the Town of Huntington and we're seeing no plows. People are sounding off everywhere. Luckily one of the neighbors plowed my steet and I live near 25A, so I can get around. All activities are still canceled today and school is not looking good for tomorrow if they don't get those plows going.

curly, one night off is fine, just crawl back on the wagon. Glad you had a fun time!

Jennifer1966
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Our snow almost all melted today, I can't imagine how much you guys in the NE have. A part of me is envious because of how beautiful everything must look!
Newleaf is absolutely right abut getting our emotions out of the equation, but, as with most things, way easier said then done. I'm heading to the mall to get a new shirt to wear at my conference. I should wait till I'm at least down a size to buy anything, but I'm itching for a cute shirt. We'll see what I can find at our tiny mall!
The scale has not moved for a few days for me either, and it's a real pisser, but as long as we make good choices, it will eventually move, right? I really want to see the 180s just for the mental boost it will give me! Have a good week everyone!

Sum38
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
I am back, atleast for 5 days :)

I promise to catch up with everybody once I settle in a bit. :grouphug:

I was a tad bit disappointed... I left for Europe at 164 pounds and this morning I was 163.8 pounds. It felt like I had lost some weight based by how my clothes fit...but I am super bloated because of all travels and ovulation...so maybe I dropped a pound :D Atleast I did not gain!!!!

People in Europe are slim, fit and trim. I am soooo determined to shed this weight.

newleaf123
02-10-2013, 02:06 PM
sum38 Welcome home!! I bet once everything has settled, you will find that you lost a little more. But talk about a successful vacation, to come home the same weight as you left is a big win, if it comes to that.

newleaf123
02-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 161.6
Gw <160

Sum38
02-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Sw 159
Cw 160.2
Gw 154

natamars
02-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Sunday: 1405 calories. Walked back and forth to golf course and did some hill climbing/sledding.

Have to get more serious with this - 3 days to go! Think I'm getting a little sloppy with the measuring and need to be more careful. I've been having 1/3 - 1/2 cup of ice cream the last few days..cutting that out as of today. Also def. getting a run in at the gym tonight. Schools are closed because so many streets STILL aren't plowed, but a neighbor plowed our street so I can get out.

newleaf, .2!!! You must be able to taste it!!

sum, I always GAIN on vacation, no matter how active the vacation, so staying the same sounds great, but I bet there is airline bloat in that number anyway. Give it a few days.

jennifer. hope you'll be checking in from your conference!

Sum38
02-11-2013, 07:45 AM
What kind of a challenge are we doing next?

I obviously did not rock this one :lol3: but maybe the next one would be more successful for me :D

I don't know if I told you this, but taking a trip to Europe where everybody is slender does wonders for one's motivation :D

newleaf123
02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Sum38 We are planning to do the same sort of thing, with and end date of St. Patrick's Day... Yeah, being around all those slim people I'm sure puts everything into perspective. I've been feeling pretty good myself, but then I was watching a slim woman at the pool on Saturday and realize that while I look *fine* I'm a long way from slim. Not that looking slim is my end goal, but it definitely made me realize that losing 15 more pounds (which is where my goal is) isn't unreasonable.

Natamars Sadly, I have more than 0.2, I'm 1.6 away... but I should likely end up in the 160-161 range, which I am quite happy with. Yeah, I'm sure that cutting out the ice cream will help. With such small portions, it's probably not too many calories, but maybe enough to tip you over... You've gotten awfully close to your goal, too. Woo hoo!!

Jennifer1966
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Sitting in a boring conference session. The next one is the from the Rock 'n Roll Hasl of Fame though, so I'm looking forward to that! I weighed this am at 190.6, so I'm down from my 197.4 that I started this challenge at. Maybe if I can control my eating and drinking these 2.5 days, I can reach the 180s by the 14th!! Crossing my fingers but not feeling extremely hopeful:)
I hope everyone has a great week!

LuvCats
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
You can do it ladies! We are nearly there! Let's all celebrate even if we haven't pulled off our stated goal... we are all trying and that is what is important! That's something to celebrate! :)

curleycarr
02-11-2013, 05:09 PM
So true Luvcats, wise words...

Been so busy the last few days trying to get a project out. Normally I would self medicate the stress with lots of food. AHH fun times (?)..BUT not this time which is really good!! Distraction, running and lots of water has obviously worked for me because I'm back to 188.

Thanks Newleaf and Natamars for your words of encouragement after my night out...

Sum very impressive coming back from a holiday down at all! I know I've never done it.

Newleaf you are soooo close to GW! No worries if not this time on to St Paddy's day....

Jennifer I'm with you on buying something a size smaller, oh what a joy that will be!

So onwards ladies...Valentines Day awaits :)

natamars
02-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Monday: 1340 calories, 3.7 miles on treadmill, 2.5 of them jogging
What made me proud: I was fighting hunger all day and managed to stay within my calories

School was canceled so I was stuck in the house all day and just felt so hungry all day, that gnawing feeling in my stomach. Made sure to get decent protein and fat, but nothing was satisfying me. And the treadmill was really tough tonight, not sure if it's because I've been away from the gym since Thursday or I just didn't fuel myself well enough today.

curley, you are doing great, keep going, girl!

luv, ITA! No way am I going to hit my goal but I feel good about the work I have done.

Jennifer, you are SO close, stay on plan. You'll be so glad you did come Thursday!

newleaf, you've had an awesome stretch, no matter where you end up you should feel so proud!

sum, I think you do rock because you kept up your motivation while on vacation and kept your goals in mind.

newleaf123
02-12-2013, 07:59 AM
luvCats Totally. That's what I love about being a little older. Recognizing that the "all or nothing " approach doesn't work.

Thanks for your support, everyone!

Sw 166.2
Cw 162.9
Gw <160

guacamole
02-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Quick check-in - TOM bloating is here big time, but I did well with my calories yesterday. I am reading all of your posts and hope to do some personals soon. Sum38- welcome back! For the first time in forever, my husband and I have plans to go out for a Valentine's Day dinner with friends. Should be fun, but I need to save up calories!

Good luck today!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/12/13 - 155

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

Zumbachica
02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Hey All...another day stuck in the house although it doesn't look too bad now on my street...too afraid to venture out though, roads around here have been horrific from what I understand and I can't risk having an accident or getting stuck on ice......

Anyhoo I dropped a teeny bit but am so happy about that because for the longest time the scale was stuck on a number and refused to budge an ounce.

Obviously I will not even be close to my Valentine goal...looking back I want to see where I went wrong, so I don't keep doing the same stupid thing. Hmmm...well for one thing I was eating a lot of carbs when I was out....I didn't really stay on the low carb wagon every time I hopped on it....and my workouts were lame....so......time to do something different. I feel a little bit more in control the past few days, kind of wierd given that I have been stuck in the house. Im also burning a ton of calories with all this cleaning that i'm doing.....today I plan on cleaning out kitchen cabinets.....and giving my kitchen a top to bottom cleaning.....no small feat....

I'm so proud of everyone here that participated in the challenge, we are down to teh wire...give it a great two days !!! Thank you for joining me in this...I think a St Patricks challenge is a good idea, unless you chicas want more time and we make it a Spring/Easter challenge.....? Up to you all....

Sum38
02-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Could we do a bit longer challenge, let's say to Memorial Day?

guacamole
02-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I think we should do St. Paddy's Day and Memorial Day! I kind of like having both short term and long term goals. Short term gives me more of a sense of urgency and accountability. Long term lets me dream of achieving where I want to be, but sometimes gives me permission to slack off, since I still have lots of time to get back on track.

natamars
02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm with guac, let's do both. I plan to participate in both..maybe I'll make my Memorial Day goal more exercise/running focused as I'd like to do a half-marathon in May.

Also, curleycarr's bday is St. Paddy's Day, so that must be part of the challenge name!

zumba, are your schools closed again? We went back on a 2 hour delay today. Sounds like you're being much more productive around the house than I was. Don't be so hard on yourself for some nights out and some carbs..enjoy your single time!

Scale was down just a touch today..trying to be very good today and tomorrow and hoping for a kind weigh-in on Thursday. No food-centered V-Day plans here.

Sum38
02-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Guacamole and natamars I think that is a brilliant idea!

Congrats on your downward movement natamars. Every little bit helps!!

LuvCats
02-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Looking good ladies! Terrific job everyone! I still have 2 more days to exercise/work at eating right but I've done my last pre-V-day weigh-in. Looking good (of course why is it my first thought is darn I was hoping for more?) and hopefully I'll make my goal for the 27th. Here is my results for this challenge:

This sounds like a great idea. Down to 25 days now I guess. I'm trying to exercise daily or near daily and stay on my eating plan. Just got off the elliptical. I'm not sure I'll make another 10 pounds by V-day but at the end of Feb. DH and I are going to Vegas for a few days so I'm going to plan on 10+ by February 27th. :)

Woo hoo! Have successfully done the exercise and eating. I'm 2.2# to go to make my 10# goal for Feb. 27th. Of course the next 2 weekends are going to be the hardest part of this whole time being out of town and on the road part of the time.

Jennifer1966
02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Quick check in from conference. I'm eating pretty ok, and walking a ton (taking stairs over escalators all over conference center), but the beer is going to probably kill my final goal weight. And, DH wants to go away this weekend, which means more restaurants and drinks! I am just going to have to be super vigilant for St. Paddy's/curleycarr b-day challenge!!

junem
02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Its not Vday but Fat Tuesday that is tripping me up. I HAD to have a Paczki (pronounced punzhki I think but I am not Polish). Ya know they only sell them this time of year, so how could I pass them up.

How about an Easter challenge, because St. Patrick's Day is so close. Either way, I'll be in. Probably with a weight goal in mind this time.

I tried to meet my goal today by running 5 minutes on the treadmill at 6.0mph. I just couldn't make it, and had to slow down with 50 seconds left. Will try again tomorrow or Thursday.

curleycarr
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
OK Valantinas....

Feeling good...it's my month to form a habit day today....phew one month into the new lighter me and quite a lot of change really...

I'm going to wait until VDay to do the big reveal weigh in.

Luvcats you sound fabulously together...good for you! And you'll just power thru those weekends away to the 27th..:D:yes:

natamars...scale moving downwards ....wooo hoooo! keep going !!!!:devil:

newleaf happy tuesday! yes natamars is right you're loss to date is so impressive...:dizzy:

Zumba oh it would be fab to have your cleaning zeal in our house....bonus that you are also seeing the loss coming your way!!:yes:

OK MORE WATER!!:running::running::running:

Zumbachica
02-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm all for st Paddys challenge and after that Memorial Day........I'm so sad that I screwed up this challenge....

Took my supplements today, drank more water than normal, and managed to keep away from pancakes and cupcakes that I made today for the kids. I ave been keeping away from sugar....keeping away from bread hasn't been so easy,,,,I had two garlic knots ....boooo.....let that be my only bad move....! No workout today but I cleaned all day..my kitchen is sparkling.....my legs are aching.....hope I burned off some calories....

Sum38
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
zumba me too am ready for the next challenge...I WILL do better!

So I am all set to eat healthy and exercise, and what happens...sore throat, fever of 102 :( I have been sick for two days....

guacamole
02-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Hello ladies! Well, it doesn't look like I am going to reach my goal weight by tomorrow, but I have made significant progress, so I not going to complain. It would be cool to hit 152-153, but TOM is here full force and I don't think the bloat will be gone for another few days.

One day to go till heart day! Let's go out with a bang!

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/13/13 - 154

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

Sum38
02-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Looks like I will end at where I started at...atleast no gain (well there was but I took it off :D)

natamars
02-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Tuesday: ~1450 calories(left my notebook home), 25 min stairclimbing, 40 min elliptical
What made me proud: No ice cream tonight

Valentina chicas!!! Last day of the challenge! Last chance workout today! Think ahead to stepping on that scale or getting out that measuring tape tomorrow!

guac, you have made GREAT progress! Hope the scale is kind tomorrow.

sum, you poor thing! Rest up!

zumba, don't look at it as screwing up. Think of all the positives for the month. Think of the workouts you did and all the foods you resisted. Imagine where you'd be if you hadn't done any of that...

curley, you sound awesome, can't wait to see where you end up. and then it will be time for your birthday challenge, and maybe you will get something fabulous to wear to celebrate!

june, good job on the treadmill, speeding up my running is going to be one of my goals for the next challenge as well. For now I'm still doing 5mph on the treadmill, although it works out more like 5.5 when I run outside, which I can't do with all this freaking snow!!!

jennifer, good on you for finding ways to sneak exercise in! Not easy...

luv, things are looking GREAT for you to make that 10 lb goal for February..such awesome work.

curleycarr
02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Valentines!

Just realized because of my location on this planet...I will hit our challenge day very soon.... :dizzy:

Going out for a final run...

Have a fab day chicas!!! :val2::val2::val2:

curleycarr
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Oops posted the wrong smiley....should be this one: val1::val1::val1:

Jennifer1966
02-13-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm home and exhausted. I'm not looking forward to weighing tomorrow, but I remain hopeful I didn't put on much. I guess I'll know in the morning. Either way, I'm less than when this challenge started!

Zumbachica
02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Jennifer: being less is a good thing, even if it is by a few lbs!! Not sure what your stats are but if you're less you are less..the end...celebrate that and learn from this challenge..what can you do differently for the next one?

Curlycarr: You're going to be first to finish line in this challenge...yayyyy

Natamars...Hey girlfriend..thanks for the words of support but I own what a crappola job I did on this challenge, and this whole fall/winter to be exact. First the hurricane threw my life for a loop, then holidays and now cooped up with this weather. I am going to try and have a great weekend (my bday) and even though I feel like a cow I"m going to wear a dress that I bought with some control top spanx tights ..I figure if I drink enough I'll forget that I have a big bum...LOL...have a hot date and I'm hoping if he drinks enough he'll forget too!! (dim the lights :devil:) Since whatever I am doing is not working I'm going to try a new workout that I bought a groupon for....its pretty intense stuff....

Guac: I just looked at your stats, you did great girl, way better than I did that is for sure...for someone that was feeling so bad about herself you managed to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and you kicked some booty...

Sum: No gain given you were on a trip and all is good......I would be happy.....I know what you mean about Europe, the women for the most part are smaller...they do not eat monster portions like we do.....they walk more than we do also, atleast they do in Greece. Oh my gosh, just read that you are sick, i hope you feel better.

Everyone else, whether you did well or not, sign on tomorrow and lets size up how we did as a group..then lets get all psyched up for our next challenge!

Zumbachica
02-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey all.....didnt have such a great day. Kids were finally supposed to go back to school today and little one was sick...I just can't win. Having him home threw off my whole day in which I was supposed to make up for the stuff I didn't do because of snow days. Then some lawyer stuff to aggravate me, etc. I didn't turn to food for comfort which is a big surprise to me. I had a small breakfast, an atkins shake for lunch and a decent dinner....corn beef, cabbage and broccoli...don't ask me why I am making corn beef but it looked like a good idea when I saw them putting them out at BJ's. I guess I got a head start on St Patricks....Was a heavy meal but didn't eat much throughout the day so I am not going to beat myself up over it.............

I have decided that what I am doing is not working so I need to rethink the plan...of how I eat and how I exercise. found an extreme workout that I plan on doing, bought a groupon for it so I'll be trying that..it is a bit extreme so I am afraid and hope I can handle it.....I am going to try belly fat cure again, but this time do it the right way..I really need to reread that book........Going away for a small romantic jaunt this weekend and how I wish I were doing it at a smaller size.....oh well...found a nice top today at Marshalls that will hide the junk and is very flattering......

curleycarr
02-14-2013, 03:00 AM
OK so I can finally say it....

HAPPY VALENTINES!!!!!
Give your self a hug you made it!!!

Bizarre morning ahead of me I am going to a 2nd interview....the last time I sat down with these people was a month go when I was 12lbs heavier! Very nervous ...don't you just hate interviews....deep breath.

Its been so much fun checking in with everybody this month, that's you valantinas newleaf, natamars, sum, luvcats, jennifer, zumba, guac, junem , take a bow !!! Thanks a mil for keeping me on track!!! With your help I did manage to seize the V Day (couldn't resist one last time Zumba!)

SW 193
CW 186 ;)
GW 187

I must run off now and get my suit on ....which I won't be squeezing into today...wayhey!

curleycarr
02-14-2013, 03:53 AM
I'm back again (have just been able to read all the mails!!)....to wish a special lady...Happy Birthday....heah Zumba I hope as they would say here that you have SOME CRAIC!! Romantic getaway and BDAY I think you hit the jackpot!!!!!!

Adios chicas....

Sum38
02-14-2013, 05:42 AM
:woohoo: curleycarr:woohoo: for meeting and exceeding your goal!!!

Sum38
02-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Well I lost some :lol3:

SW 159
CW 158.2
GW 150

My heart was not into this challenge because of real life challenges...now that stress is gone, and I am motivated and I can focus on our next challenge.

:grouphug:

natamars
02-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Happy Valentine's!! No romantic plans for tonight, but DH left cards all over the house..on my nightstand, by the cats' bowls..even in the microwave where I heat my tea water in the morning. And DS made us a beautiful ceramic heart in art class. I feel blessed!

1250 calories yesterday, 20 min stairclimbing.

I am 141.8 this morning. Finished the challenge down 5.8 lbs., which I'm very happy with. I kept up with the gym for the most part, tracked my food, and kept my calories within range. So even though I didn't hit my weight goal, I think it was a success.

Sum, take what you can get!! You stuck with it and that's what counts!

curley, you ROCK!! GL today and see you in the next challenge!

zumba, Happy V-Day and Happy Birthday!!! Sorry to hear you had a rough day and so proud of you that you didn't turn to food(and you should be too!). What kind of exercise are you going to be doing?

Ladies, I think we did GREAT!! See you on the new thread!

newleaf123
02-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Sw 166.2
Cw 163.1
Gw <160

I couldn't maintain my momentum, but still feeling good. Not elated, but good. Down is down :-)

Sum38
02-14-2013, 07:17 AM
Happy 29th Birthday Zumba :love:

newleaf123
02-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Congratulations curleyCarr and natamars!!!

:carrot::carrot:

And we'll done to everyone else; just being mindful and mentally engaged is a good thing! Onwards to St. Patrick's Day!

Jennifer1966
02-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Wow! You guys did great! Congrats on all who are down! Congrats to CurleyCarr and Natamars!! Happy Birthday, Zumba!!

I only gained 1.2 pounds at conference, so I'm at 191.8. Although it is not 189.8, which was goal, it's about 6.6 pounds from beginning of challenge.

We are not celebrating V Day tonight, but DH and I are going away this weekend, which means another round of all restaurant meals and drinks! We will walk everywhere though, so hopefully I won't put anymore on.

Happy Valentine's everyone :val2: :val1: :val2: I want you all to know how much I have enjoyed this challenge and getting to know all of you! The motivation and encouragement has been invaluable! I can't wait for our next challenge!! Onward and Downward!

Zumbachica
02-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Happy Valentines Day everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of everyone for getting through this challenge til the end. Some of you did GREAT..I'm so jealous and happy for you at the same time...my big fat bum is still here...so are the thunder thighs..but this period of time was a wake up call for me.....and I think it was the push that i needed to get this show on the road!! I'm so looking forward to kicking butt in this next challenge, starting TODAY because as soon as I finish this post i'm popping in a DVD.

After my romantic birthday weekend (hubba hubba)...I'm starting cross fit next week..I bought a groupon and I hope this is the kick that I need to get fit again. I am going to need a lot of discipline to do this...

Also I am going to re read the BFC book and try and follow the program to the letter this time...and I am going to log in everything i eat into fat secret.....

I don't remember what i weighed at the beginning of this challenge....but I know that I didn't lose any weight...I'm sad :( Let's get the St Patricks day challenge underway, does anyone else want to start the challenge or should I?

guacamole
02-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Zumbachica - Happy B-day and V-day! Have fun on your weekend - how exciting! Maybe you didn't lose weight, but you maintained. More importantly, you are sounding HAPPY! I know you will make progress in our next challenge!

Jennifer1966 - Congrats on not packing on the pounds at your convention! I know you will do well on your next trip. Eating away from home - especially with great food and drink - is a challenge!

newleaf123 - Congrats on the weight loss during this challenge. I know all about losing momentum. Let's get the mojo going in March! Thanks for all of your support - you did keep the momentum going on this V-Day challenge for all of us!

natamars - 5.8lbs gone forever! Woo hoo! You did great!

Sum38 - How in the world did you go to Finland and manage to lose even 1lb after all is said and done! I think this challenge was a success for you, big time!

curleycarr - You killed it! Thanks for being an inspiration...always nice to live vicariously through other's success! ;)

Jennifer1966 - Always nice when there is a little less of us at the end of a weight loss challenge! Congratulations!

I am happy with my results. Considering my eating spree in the middle/end of January (vacation/wedding/organizational events/dinners) - well, I am on my way to shedding the pounds back to my ticker weight. At least I saw progress - but man - I have to fight tooth and nail for every little ounce lost and often, the pounds come crashing back if I have one off day. Is this what getting old is like? :dizzy:

:val1: :val1: :val1: Happy Valentine's Day! :val1: :val1: :val1:

Starting weight
1/25/13 - 159

Current weight
2/14/13 - 154

Goal weight
2/14/13 - 150

Sum38
02-14-2013, 11:58 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/275642-40-something-st-patricks-day-challenge.html

junem
02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
I did it. I managed to run for 5 minutes at 6.0 mph. VDay goal accomplished! People run whole marathons at a faster pace than my sprints.
e
On to cooking dinner for 2. Husband requested tofu and herb stuffed shells and marinara. Really tofu? I said. He said yes, its one of his favorite. So I guess our romantic meal will be pretty healthy.

FromSt Valentines on toSt Patrick.

newleaf123
02-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Wonderful job, JuneM!! So glad you met your running goal!

I love tofu... sounds like a great dinner!

kelijpa
02-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Congrats to all, this was great, squeaked into the mid 160's with 165.8, since today is "official" weigh-in Fridays, figured I'd give myself the day.

thanks all for the motivation, you guys did great.

Zumba, Happy Birthday!! hope your weekend is great.

I learned some things as well that I can tweak hopefully for continued success, I had a couple stay the same weeks and barely a half lb. off this week, but definitely feel I learned where I can do better and some things about how to handle the holidays next year.