Support Groups - The 2013 Palace: Nurturing our royal selves

Arabella
01-19-2013, 08:25 AM
So, here we are in a fresh, new year, another stage of our journey. Let's take this chance to renew our commitment to looking after ourselves, seeing that our needs are met. We've come far. What have we learned, and how can we apply it?

Let's dedicate this year to our health and wholeness, to becoming our most integrated selves. How do intend to approach this year? Where would you like to be by year's end? The journey begins as we step into the 2013 palace. The fire is set, the kettle's on, and our rooms are all prepared. Welcome!

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Amarantha2
01-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks for starting the new thread, Wood Nymph! I love your Emerson quote.

I have always remembered a TV commercial from my extreme youth and I have no idea who wrote it or what it advertised but the voice over said: "I am made of sunshine and fresh air and I will feel this way forever."

I DO feel that way most of the time, even now at my advanced age lol.

I like your idea about dedicating the year to looking after ourselves. If we don't, who will? If we do not love and honor ourselves, how can we expect others to do so?

If we do not meet our needs, how will we be whole to carry on?

Anyway one way I am taking care of myself this weekend is that my OFFICIAL Sunday weigh-in has been rescheduled to Monday or Tuesday as I have an elevated temperature for some stupid reason, although feeling fine.

When I feel feverish I need to be able to drink as much caloric or non caloric liquid as I crave, including this time, the protein shakes I am seeming to need.

My need is to have a nice weigh-in sometime soon but the bod is not on an even keel and I do not intend to mess with my own head if I see a vast upward number on the scale. Conversely, if I see a vast downward number, I will ascribe it to some malfunction and not be pleased with it.

So, the Sacred Ceremony o' the Golden Scale can wait for a more auspicious day.

Because the truth is it doesn't matter when a weight watching person weighs in as long as they do it fairly regularly. So what I weigh on Monday or Tuesday is very likely to be what I weigh on Sunday minus the fever and voracious craving for liquids.

To NOT drink liquids when craving them would be denying the healing wisdom of my experience and instinct.

Lol, that's it in a nutshell, royals, hello to all.

I am happy it is 2013 and that I am alive to see it. :)

Wildfire
01-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Hello, Ladies!

In three short weeks I will be leaving on a jet plane, bound for the sunny Gulf Coast of Florida for a short get-away. Now while I realize I can't possibly drop 20 pounds by then, it is a good opportunity to focus my efforts for the next three weeks. Short-term, realistic goals are the way to go, right?

Time for a 21-Day Challenge, Arabella?

I also have been issued the challenge of packing everything into one carry-on bag only. This will take some careful planning and mixing and matching of wardrobe basics. All very doable and I am determined to succeed!

Hope all are well, and drink those fluids, Amarantha!!

Arabella
01-20-2013, 10:20 AM
So, I did it. Bit the bullet and updated my ticker. Onward! I'm lucky that I had to renew my life insurance and was weighed for my medical exam. The nurse had a WW scale that weighed me 8 pounds lighter than my home scale, with all my clothes on instead of nekkid, which makes me wonder if my home scale is wrong and the situation isn't quite as dire as I thought. Nevertheless, the home scale is the one I'll be weighing in on, so that's the weight I'll have to go with.

The lucky part? Catching it now, rather than when the situation became even worse. My capacity for self-delusion amazes me yet again. Won't go into that whole thing again, but I'd have to say that's the really clear indication that this is a psychological condition. Yes, yes, onward. :dance:

Mortified to have to admit to my weight but I know this is the place I can do it.

My plan: Eating when hungry, not o/w. More veg, less everything else. Eating only at the table when alone. 10,000 steps + yoga daily. Working on seeing my needs are met.
:ginger:
I've dedicated this weekend to looking after myself. I was invited to a big party last night but I knew right down to my toes that I needed to stay home and cocoon, go to bed early. So that's what I did. It was a party for a friend's 50th birthday and usually feel like I have to go to such things. I won't say I didn't agonize over it but in the end, I put my needs first. There would have been a big crowd there, so I'm not responsible for the whole thing. That's quite a revelation to me, putting my own needs first but that's what I'm going to have to do to get my life back on track.

Back from the long Sunday walk now and planning to go to yoga at 2. I'm off to make brunch -- scrambled eggs w/smoked salmon, capers, red onion and dill. Will be back later to catch up with my beloved :queen:lies.

:wave: Tally-ho!

Arabella
01-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Health and wholeness, here we go! :cb:

Back from hot yoga. It was a very full class, no room to spread out and it got extremely hot and humid. Felt kinda good, though, anyway. I'm relaxed, a bit tired but was tired before I went, so that's ok.

Amarantha, I love the quote you offer too, and will remember it. Even just saying it to myself in my head makes me feel like that: "I am made of sunshine and fresh air and I will feel this way forever." Huzzah!

Wildfire, you are ON -- unofficially, this is Day 2 since I did everything according to plan yesterday. Your trip sounds fantastic! Sunshine and warmth will be so lovely.

Kaylets, stress is a biggie for me, too, and I don't even realize what I'm doing a lot of the time. But I've noticed that there seems to be a pattern with me gaining weight when my son's having difficulties. That's why we need to be so firmly committed to looking after ourselves. I'm going to dial back activities in the week ahead, myself. I need more restorative time and I'm going to make sure I get it!

WSW, I hope your new year is treating you royally, as you deserve!

Love to all Queenlies, in the Palace or wandering. Have a blissful, restorative evening.

Wildfire
01-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Alrighty then, Arabella! (and anyone else who wants to start a 21 day-er!)

My focus is going to be on:

Eating breakfast (always a challenge for me!)
Drinking more water
Taking essential vitamins/supplements
Exercise every day, in addition to regular dog walking
Mindful eating
Checking in here every day to keep me honest!!

And with that I'm calling today Day 1!

Buckle up, Babes...Monday is coming in hot! :flame:

Amarantha2
01-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Huzzah & woot, Wildfire & Arabella! I have been struggling with CALORIE CREEPAGE lately and will join you in a 21-dayer! I am converting my Good Calorie Challenge to a 21-day one, with new parameters. This is Day 2, as I started it yesterday, stayed in the 1500s. My rule:

Eat no more than 1900 calories at the highest while striving for 1600 or less.

There are no pauses in this, I will start the count over if a nonsuccessful day occurs.

I will strive to check into this thread once a day for the count, but that is not a part of my challenge.

OKAY, FELLOW 21-DAY ROYALS! Let's do 'er!

Queen/Empress Am2 DID lose .6 at her official weigh-in, held today instead of Sunday, but will go back to Sunday next week.

Arabella
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Feeling off, still, from a lingering respiratory infection left after the cold. Will work on eradicating it today, aiming to rest between pieces of work.
:snowglo:
It is freakin' cold out there today, -20 windchill. I've got to bundle up and get out there, though. Those 10,000 steps aren't going to walk themselves. I'm going to finish my workday with a gentle yoga session. Choir practice tonight.

Met all challenges yesterday and will do so again today. :yes: Don't have to feel it, just have to do it.

Huzzah, Amarantha, on the .6 loss! No pauses here either -- what's the point, really, if you're trying to get 21 days, eh?

Wildfire, your plan looks good. Water's on mine, too, and I'm going to add in mindful eating.

I've committed to eating only at the table when alone, eating only when hungry but, really, making it mindful is so important. I think I'm addicted to distraction. :dz:

On we go, Queenlies!

Amarantha2
01-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Hope the respiratory ailment has completely flown away by today, Wood Nymph, and that you got a lot of rest periods yesterday.

I am on Day 3, which in the lexicon of my 21-day challenge universe means I had successful Day 1 and successful Day 2 and am currently slogging away on number three.

I've decided to do what I rarely do online and log the exact calories, since this challenge of mine IS dedicated to calorie control above all else.

There are other things I could count having to do with calories rather than total calories, but the main factor for me in weight management has always been total calories in/estimated calories out.

There are a lot of factors as to my control of calories and my understanding of the various ways calories impact my weight and fitness and how in a biological sense the macronutrients are not created equal but why counting total calories and not carbs, not food source or whether my ancestors ate it, not points, not net carbs or net calories, etc.

I have read all the studies and relevant books based on studies. I agree there are a lot of factors. But what works for me is still that basic equation: calories in/calories out and it gets even simpler because I don't think estimates of the calories out part are always totally accurate so I focus on exercising for fitness only and for weight I count calories.

21-Day Challenge, 1900 Calories or Less
Day 1: 1545
Day 2: 1850
Day 3: TBD

Arabella
01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Respiratory woes continue -- I'm thinking it may be walking pneumonia, in which case the treatment would be pretty much to continue what I'm doing, so that's what I'll do. It's very cold this week, which isn't much help. And I don't feel like doing anything, although I feel very bored not doing anything but working. I did go to choir practice last night, walked there and back. Came home and did some pre-bed relaxation yoga. So, got my 10,000 steps and yoga, ate at the table, only when hungry. Day 3 it is, unofficial Day 4. The sixth day of getting 10,000 steps. Onward!

Amarantha, no need to explain! I think things get a little out of hand sometimes on the forums with people jumping in and giving their totally unsolicited opinions on other people's plans or actions. At least here in the palace, we trust in each other's judgement and intention to do what works best for ourselves.

And furthermore, since you are an icon of success, who should argue? :rolleyes:

K, wrapping self up and taking self out for a walk. I may do yoga on my own later or may go to class but I will do it. And, in either case, I'm beginning a plan for a healing and restorative evening at home, having considered and discarded several plans for doing other things. Will have a chat with DH, who's traveling, and that will do for the social part of my evening. A light dinner, maybe a jacuzzi and early to bed with my novel. There, the plan begins.

Amarantha2
01-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Arabella, that is the sweetest thing anyone has said to me in a long time, that I am an icon of success! Thank you.

Hope the respiratory woes abate soon and start getting better. Sounds like you have it in hand.

I, on the other hand, do NOT have my calorie level in hand, and some stress factors slipped into my evening and there I was at 2160 ... quite full so sure that is the high and I will have no binge or anything, but Day 3 of the 21-dayer has been shot out of the water, and the clock is reset, making this Day Zero & tomorrow Day 1. :D Thusly ...

Day 1: TBD

Wildfire
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
And Day 3 cometh to an end.

I realize I may not get here every single day, as I cannot log in from work and 10 or 12 of my waking hours are there, and there are nights I am still walking a dog and doing dishes at midnight...but I will check in as regularly as I can.

The deep freeze continues here, and Dog and I say "BAH!" unto it. I got a terrible chill coming home from the hair salon (after spending two hours there because a new trainee was being taught with me as her subject). I was there so long I had to clean snow off my truck again, and with a windchill of -28C and being dressed for running from truck to office in dress pants and patent leather unlined dress boots...well, I was a frosty icicle by the time I got home. Still, played with Dog and did yoga and abs tonight, then crawled under a pile of blankets. My feet are still frozen, but my hair looks great.

Amarantha, you do what works for you! If it is counting calories, then count away! And I second the opinion that you are an icon of success. I am often in awe of your determination and outlook.

Arabella, this flu season is the worst in all corners of the realm. Walking pneumonia is not good, please take it easy and look after yourself!

Arabella
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
So brilliant and sunny out there but -31 windchill. I'm going to wrap myself up and walk around the harbour any old way. This is not unusual winter weather here. We usually have a stretch like this in January or February.
Yoga was minimal yesterday but I did do some. However, I found myself lying awake and anxious last night and I do believe I need a full yoga session every day, so that's what my intention is now. I'm planning to go to hot yoga at 2.

Tonight's my writing group meeting and I'd been thinking of staying home but feel I need the social event so will attend after all.

Yay for the great hair, Wildfire! I hope you were able to sleep -- I have a lot of trouble dropping off if I'm chilly.

Amarantha, it seems so obvious to us that you're an icon of success! Look at what you've accomplished. :encore:

K, Lovelies, I must do some work and then slip out for my walk in the sunshine.

Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the kind & supportive comments, Wildfire & Arabella. I only wish it were not so cold where my 21-day challenge queenly comrades are at this moment, the walking pneumonia, low temps off the harbor and snow on the car after being overlong at the hairdressers just sounds cold and though art both stalwart to weather this.

Hate to say it but it is quite warm here, not sure of the temp, 70s, I guess, but feels warm. I am in waiting mode to hear something that may occur favorable to me in the weeks ahead so all I've done today is go grocery shopping, take walks and hang around. Still working on steps and slogging through Day 1 of my calorie challenge, looking good for success on that.

Woot! :wave:

Wildfire
01-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Breakfast - check.
Various vitamins and minerals - check.
Buckets of water - check.
Exercise - check.
Mindful eating - check.

It was a balmy 0 Fahrenheit here this morning. Yeah, we get these cold snaps every year but they just aren't fun! It warmed up slightly today and the wind wasn't so strong so I took Dog for a short walk when I came in from the gym.

The gym was so crowded today. People were waiting to use equipment and it's not just the New Year crowd. Another location is closing and the one I go to is the closest alternative, so we are getting people who were displaced. Problem is, our location is a small gym, already overcrowded with equipment, and now more people. *sigh* My workout partner and I are going to check out a women's gym nearby on Friday. It is more expensive but we are just not comfortable with our current location. The women's gym has exercise classes (which I don't typically favor) and fancy change rooms, etc., (which I don't care about). But if it is a better environment, it might be worth the switch.

Amarantha, enjoy the warmth for us! Oh, I hate waiting around for someone or something all day long, not being able to go and do! I hope you got good news and it was all worth it!

Arabella, German Shepherds give off a lot of heat and mine is a very snuggly one. I was quite toasty! Hope you enjoyed your sunny but chilly walk! Days are slowly getting longer and the light is beginning to change. There is hope for Spring!

Amarantha2
01-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Huzzah, with only 15 minutes to go in Day 1, I can call it. Was going for a low day but had to settle for a success on the challenge as still SO hungry. But I am pleased to announce a success:

Huzzah, with only 5 minutes to go in Day 1, I can call it. Was going for a low day but had to settle for a success on the challenge as still SO hungry. But I am pleased to announce a success:

Day 1: 1890
Day 2: TBD

Wildfire, I did finally get somewhat of an answer re what I was waiting for, it will be a week or so before I know the final result. :carrot: So I continue in La La Land awhile :D ... it was ever thus lol.

Such a nice thought of your being kept warm by your snuggly doggie.

I for sure am enjoying the warmth for you all.

And thinking of all royals near and far whether lurking or wandering the universe. Huzzah to all.

For me, I am nine minutes away from DAY 2 and enjoying my challenge and visits to Palace 2013!

Amarantha2
01-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Slogging on with the 21-day challenge, but will update on Sunday from here on out, Royal Ones! Huzzah!

Hope all have a GREAT day! :wave:

Arabella
01-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Good morning, lovelies. The temps are moderating a bit here and I'm gradually recovering, feeling a bit less dragged out -- although still inclined to rest.

Challenge crashed on Thursday. No binges but ate out of the legal area and yesterday neither got my steps nor did yoga. I'm back from yoga class now and just letting my hair dry before I head out into the still-frigid air for a walk. In the meantime, :coffee2:

We're going to dinner at our best friend couple's ce soir. Dinner's bound to be healthy and delicious and I'm thinking I'll make my mind up right now not to eat the potato chips they inevitably put out beforehand or the dessert.

The week ahead is going to be a little on the brutal side. Deadlines and uninteresting, challenging stuff to write about. Ah well, month ends on Thursday. I'm trying to get myself psyched up to function like a well-oiled (and simultaneously self-nurturing) machine. :)

Amarantha, thanks for the warm thoughts! I'll enjoy your temperatures vicariously. :) Ahhhhhh!!! We're supposed to get up above the freezing mark by mid-week, which will be kind of a treat. Even makes a difference in the house. And, anyway, getting on for the end of January. Only one more month of serious winter.

A German shepherd, eh, Wildfire? Maybe I should get one. Current bed partner, DH, is not so much cuddly as like a flippin' and floppin', twistin' and twitchin' 6'4 package of knees and elbows.

Huzzah to all queenly folk in the palace or on walkabout. Let's celebrate this day!

Amarantha2
01-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Wootness! Just to share that Am2, Empress/Queen of Her Own Life, Minion to the Royal Am2 Canine, & Some Other Titles, is significantly feeling better today despite the second rainy day in a row!

She be announcing to the world that she lost 1.6 pounds on the Golden Scale this morning.

It was NOT flu that did it! T'was that Am2 worked really hard at calorie control and exercise, as well as proper rest and food choices.

This elevator is going DOWN to the 120s SOON!

Arabella, hope the dinner party was fun and the potato chips weren't too tempting. I am a foe of potato chips. Kind of useless calories, not even tasty to me, although I like the crunch and salt. Ahhh, but good restaurant corn chips with good restaurant salsa, now THAT is a deal breaker. I have to forbid self to even get started on those when they are put on the table.

Love to all queenlies and other sundry royal folk who wander hither & yon in these threads and/or in the universe at large.

Arabella, hope your work week passes pleasantly.

Working on Day 5 of my 21-day challenge & here be the log. I'll update on my weigh-in days for this.

Day 2: 1610
Day 3: 1525
Day 4: 1490
Day 5: TBD

Arabella
01-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I ignored the potato chips. I do like them, if they're the good kind but managed to leave them alone. Had a small serving of Moroccan stew and brown rice, some salad greens. Then lemon Pavlova for dessert, but all-in-all, not disastrous.

The not-so-good thing is that I'm exhausted again today. I suppose I overdid it yesterday between walking, a strenuous yoga class, shopping and going out in the evening. Walked today but will just do some gentle yoga and try to rest up. It's bumming me out. I really should try to hold back more in yoga class but it's very hard to opt out when the instructor is saying "keep going" and etc.

Ah well, once I'm further down this fitness road, things'll be easier. In the meantime, trying, trying, trying to give me what I need.

Amarantha, so glad you're feeling better! That flu is really laying wide swaths of the countryside low. Congrats on the wildly successful Golden Scale ritual.

Speaking of salsa, I made an Indian version of pico de gallo last weekend. It was so good! Now if only I could come up with a good substitute for the nacho chips. :rolleyes:

Going to soak in a hot tub and see if that restores my spirits. Let's take this day and make the best of it.

Amarantha2
01-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Good job on the ignoring chips front, Arabella. I'm exhausted, too, forcing myself through the 10,000 steps while taking naps but wanted to chime in re substitutes for corn chips. I use plain old original Triscuits for pico de gallo, guacamole & salsa. A lot of people don't eat wheat but I use whole wheat instead of the more high glycemic corn & I can't tell the difference in satisfaction. Mary's Gone crackers are also great substitutes.

Woot!

Flowers
01-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Great ladies i have followed your conversation and I must say I am excited. I will continue reading and make posts where possible.

Arabella
01-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Welcome, Flowers! We're happy to have you in the palace.

Amarantha, I'm sensitive to gluten, as with so many other substances both physical and o/w. :dz: I am such a petal. Thinking that chickpea flour would probably work for making crackers that would be good for salsa.

Often I see people discussing salsa as a substitute for dips. Have to admit that dipping veggies into salsa doesn't quite cut it for me.

Amarantha2
01-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Huzzah, nice to meet you, Flowers. Welcome.

Arabella, the Mary's Gone Crackers are gluten free. Chickpea flour sounds great. I have never had any of that, never made crackers. I am doing a Sprouts shopping tomorrow & may get some chickpea flour and make something with it.

I don't dip veggies in salsa, just chips, also I put it on whatever I might be eating at a restaurant. Perks everything up.

Arabella
01-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Monday and Day 1 again. :yes: That's OK, the way we build these habits is to keep on trying. No major slippages, just had a couple of bites while I cooked yesterday.

In the good news department, I'm down a pound. And since I'd had an unaccountable bounce upwards after my initial weigh in, I'm happy with that. Onward!

I worked out that switching to black coffee will net approximately 12 pounds by the end of the year, so I'm making that change. I like black coffee after I get used to the difference. And 12 pounds is not insignificant. Looking at other habitual calories I can cut, for example by having alcohol less frequently. And emphasizing veggies as snacks.

Amarantha, crackers are so easy to make that every time I do it I wonder why I ever buy such things. I don't often buy them anyway but I'm thinking keeping some healthy ones on hand, along with some salsa, might provide useful snacks when needed.

K, this is a big work week and I should jump in with a vengeance. Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
01-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Woot! Congratulations on the pound down, Wood Nymph! That is great!

Yea, I think the 21-day challenges are fun because we sometimes start them over. Like the first try is practice.

Mine is going well and in steady state. Doing this was a great idea!

I forgot about making crackers when I was in Sprout's and got some Van's new gluten free cheese crackers. I crumbled these over a foil packet of low sodium tuna for lunch. Was delicious.

I do want to make crackers, will work on that. I bet they are awesome. I love crackers.

Arabella
01-29-2013, 08:00 AM
I didn't manage yoga yesterday and had a snack in the afternoon when I wasn't really hungry. What I needed was a nap. I can't really usually sleep in the day, no matter how tired, but I could have lain down for 20 minutes and listened to a guided meditation, which always helps.

Anyway, a new day and a rejigged plan: I'm expanding the yoga part of the plan to include tai chi or chi qong -- can do any of the three. O/w, still only eating at the table when alone, eating when hungry and not otherwise, getting 10,000 steps. Other things, but not specified in stipulations.

Amarantha, I love crackers too but am inclined to eat too many of them when I make them. Probably best to limit such things to "occasional" even if healthy. As my doctor said "Cows get fat eating grass and hay." :moo:

Your tuna and crumpled cracker lunch sounds great, though. I'll try similar.

Gotta run before I time out. Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
01-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Good idea expanding the plan to include more kinds of workouts, Wood Nymph.

I took an unexpected road trip yesterday to take a friend to her home from the city. We did stop to eat "junk" food a couple of times but becausecI have carefully written this challenge as far as making sure I have enough calories to calorie cycle, I did well & am slogging on.

I did not do the full 10,000 steps, although I did weights. I am ratcheting back exercise for a while to include a rest day as may be working soon, or not, but need to make the X factor a focus on just the steps some days & building back that.

Thinking of all royals near & far&!ave a good day, all.

Arabella
01-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Day 1 again here. I was tired and didn't make myself go for a second walk, ended up with 7785 steps. No yoga or sub. either. Did fine on the food front.

This being the deadline-clogged week that it is, and being still under the weather, I'm not disturbed with that behavior.

I'm heading out for a walk soon, as our cold weather is going > snow > ice pellets > freezing rain > rain today and there's a wind warning in effect as well. I'm getting out ahead of all that and then will be home and cozy.

Amarantha, I hope your "working soon" does happen if it will please your royal self!

Wildfire
01-30-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm still here! DD was in a car accident so I've been sidelined helping her get her car to repair shops, her to doctors, babysitting, etc. She is okay other than a nasty case of whiplash, but it could have been much worse. She slid on icy roads and hit a metal pole.

Anyway, I've lost track so I'm starting over tomorrow. Have made the change to the women's gym, starting there on Friday.

Glad to see you two are still at it! I'll be back when I have more time to catch up.

Hey, welcome Flower!! Feel free to join us!

Amarantha2
01-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Wildfire, so glad your DD is okay except for whiplash. Hope that is better very soon and her car gets repaired quickly.

Am2 (just me lol) is on Day 9 of the calorie level 21-dayer and will update the numbers on Sunday.

Did get the 10,000 steps in yesterday and circuit training this morning, fully intend to lie around and do nothing today except go for walks. In a mode of just waiting for today to be over so I'll know how to schedule the coming month lol.

Touchy digestion is probably NOT the result of the flu, which I have decided I didn't have, something more minor and stress related was probably afoot except for the first day I didn't feel well.

I am NOT doing well in the cold weather, though. We are in the 30s & 40s, beautiful sunny weather, rain all gone (we like rain in the desert, though, except I personally don't, but we need it), just too cold. I honestly don't function well or feel well when it is that cold, realizing that it is colder in other places and they laugh at what I call cold lol.

Going to sit at the computer and play free cell until time to walk.

Arabella
01-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Still at it, yup. I ended up at 9254 steps yesterday. I haven't been getting upset over missing my targets because I'm still on track. Eating smaller portions, making better choices. For example, I usually keep low-salt roasted peanuts in the house for high-protein snacks when I'm hungry. But it has come to my attention that I eat many more of them than I do of the raw nuts that I also keep in the house. When I'm hungry, I eat a handful of raw nuts and that'll do it. The peanuts, on the other hand, I usually eat two or three handsful, at least. And will often go through a bag (about 2 cups worth) in a week. One can see how those calories would add up. So. Just not buying them anymore.

Wildfire, I'm glad DD is all right!

Amarantha, we simulposted! I think those major temperature swings are very hard on us humans. Our temp here right now is actually 47 F. Extremely windy, though, so probably won't be experienced as balmy (admit it would, though, if it were lovely and sunny).

K, this is the dreaded last day of the month. I may be working into the wee hours so I should get at it.

lunarsongbird
01-31-2013, 10:08 PM
:: peeks in :: I'd love to know more about this Palace and it's history. Looks like the royals have been together for awhile. I'm intrigued by a place where "Huzzahs" abound and guests are aware of the changing of the seasons.

I'm not sure if I'm royal. I suppose I haven't decided. ;) With much glee, I realized this morning I will have to acquire a new renaissance festival outfit for the summer, as my previous one will be too large. Perhaps I will find myself as a royal.

Arabella
02-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Good morning, Queenlies! Day 1 again here in this corner of the Palace. Never a crash and burn, just didn't do yoga. Today deadlines are over and the clouds have rolled away. I intend to get to hot yoga. :yes:

I walked around the harbour just before sunrise. Beautiful, but almost too cold to be able to appreciate it. I've got a pot of soup on and am about to hop in the shower and then go do the shopping.
Welcome lunarsongbird! I fully expect that you're royal, whether or not you decide to hang in the palace. Yes, we go back a long way here. We wander a bit sometimes and then return, but our association goes back far.

Are you a singer? I am too -- choral music.

Huzzah to all! Let's make this a good one! :cb:

Amarantha2
02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Huzzah and welcome to lunarsongbird! ITA that you must be royal and totally love your user name, whether or not you decide to return to the palace, but I hope you do! Woot! Yea, this group goes back a long way.

I am not, I fear, a singer, although I'd like to be. Lol, I sing a lot around the house but would not venture to do so anywhere else.

Arabella, yay on deadlines rolling away. Enjoy the yoga.

I am on Day 10, having a lot of fun with the calorie challenge. Will post the numbers on Sunday.

Waiting today on some news.

Going to bank and grocery now. Have given dog her monthly meds, all is well.

Hoping to nap today.

'Bout covers it!

Arabella
02-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I have to say, the whole last week was a triumph for me, in terms of looking after myself and seeing my own needs are met. I seem to have found a way to stay calm with the end-of-month deadlines, instead of experiencing them as a catastrophe. I had to work more than I like but I did take time to rest. Now, in the old days I would not have given myself permission to stop, just sit on the couch with a cup of tea and watch TV or just gaze out the window. No, I would have pushed myself to continue until I found myself robotically marching into the kitchen -- or even making a trip to the store -- to find something to eat. And I would take at least as much time, probably more, getting food items and eating them. I wasn't doing it purposefully, wasn't intending to do it. But it happened, time and time again. Not this past week. :cb: :cb:

I was scheduled to travel with DH next week but am still not fully recovered from what I think is walking pneumonia, so I told him that I need to stay home instead and just look after myself. That's a big deal for me. I feel like I've been pushing myself more than normally since early December just to do things I "have to" do. To step back and actually think of my own needs first is a breakthrough. I felt better almost immediately -- still very tired but also hopeful.

This is deeply integrated with the weight issues of course but also with life issues. I wrote a little about it a while back, in terms of exploring "A Course in Weight Loss." It's not like I didn't know I had problems not looking after myself properly but wasn't fully understanding all the consequences, the way it affects every bit of my life, saps me.

So, this past week, in the midst of big challenges, I made progress not just in understanding but actually in moving forward. And I feel life begin again.

Amarantha, yoga was good yesterday although not undemanding. I won't go today but will try to sneak in a few poses here and there. I bet you can sing. I was one of those kids told to just lipsynch in music class but am discovering my voice. I remember hearing a vocal teacher on the CBC saying that everyone can sing, which I found heartening. Did you get your news? And did it go as you hoped? I hope so!

I've got a cake to bake for SIL's birthday party this evening, a gift to purchase. O/w, 'tis Saturday and I intend to relax and enjoy myself. Have a blissful weekend, Queenlies! :wave:

Amarantha2
02-02-2013, 08:12 PM
I used to work like that, Arabella. Sit there and write, not allowing self to take breaks to just sit and look at the mountains or take a walk, and this stress fest was sometimes broken up by mindlessly walking into the kitchen and putting food in mouth and taking some back to the desk to put in mouth whilst writing.

I don't do that now either and never intend to follow that pattern again. It isn't a matter of weight gain or loss, it is a matter of how I feel. I don't feel well when I just stuff whatever in body whilst working with no mindful, happy breaks.

I also am taking better care of self these days.

Anyhow, here are my numbers for the 21-day challenge, decided to not wait until Sunday as I'm done eating for today.

Day 5: 1785
Day 6: 1875
Day 7: 1760
Day 8: 1685
Day 9: 1470
Day 10: 1845
Day 11: TBD

Amarantha2
02-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Woot! Gained a pound but still happy with the weigh-in as had an extra excellent one last week so still am at a loss for the past two weeks! Like my weight where it is and will be happy when I get to exactly where I am going for the health factor but nobody said t'will be quick lol. So guess I can say, "Everything's going my WEIGH! YAY!"

My weight loss efforts and successes do improve my mood and are important to me but do not depend on one weigh-in up or down, it is the big picture that matters to me. But it DOES matter to me.

Huzzah and may the day be blessed for all royals, near & far!

Arabella
02-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Snow day here today, not for me but schools and many work places are closed. DH didn't have to travel this morning, so will only have to be away for 3 nights this week, which is a break for him.
'Tis a winter wonderland out there, the temperature just around the freezing mark, so the snow is clinging to all the branches. Very pretty. I think I'll walk DH back to work after lunch and around the harbour. Settling in for a comfy and un-harried morning's work, planning to do some yoga or qi qong scattered throughout.

I've been a bit short of my steps and haven't done yoga or sub Sat. or Sun. Will do it today!

Amarantha, you're so right -- even when weight is no longer an issue, the work-and-overeating-related zombification is not a healthy or nurturing mode. It's heartening for me to know you know what that is like. Really, it feels awful other than the brief moments of relief. And then, for me, the horrible stress about being "out of control." Who needs it!

Taking breaks when I should, without involving food, is an important part of retraining my behaviour. And, anyway, I firmly believe that I'm more efficient and produce better work when I take lots of breaks. :yes:

That said, I should have some breakfast and then do some work. Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM
That's just it in a nutshell, Royal Wood Nymph! Taking breaks without involving food.

I've been short on steps, overtrained and just generally not so great for some days and though not working (I wish I were working lol) I was starting to stuff food in mouth & lie on the sofa a lot. Today's assignment is to go to Sprout's but it was so nice out, although gloomy looking and not sunny, that I started walking the neighborhood with the aim of not going anywhere in the car until I had a good base of 3,000 steps, so I walked a bit, which these days involves more pain and effort than it used to lol, which is WHY I am still wanting some weight off the knees, though knowing I am at a good weight already.

I just wandered the neighborhood to the 3,000 and now realize that since it is Monday and still a deadline day in my little imaginary physic self even though I do NOT have any contracts or employment going on (haven't worked for months). But the steps were a stand in for shoving food in mouth and I am no longer needing to do that and mess up my digestion & gain five pounds on the knees and get all unfocused from life and work (if I ever get some lol).

So yes, the step program has been the best exercise streak I've ever done. As guess I've said, I am still doing weights and aerobics, and yoga, but the steps bind my day together in a different way than when I used to just say, I'll walk an hour or jog an hour (jogging forbidden now by all medical parameters having to do with knees lol).

So, the long and the short of this long missive is I DO intend to get in the 70,000 weekly steps (even if I bonk a day and do less than the 10,000, I'm really logged into Fitbit to do 70,000 per week.

The extra calorie burning trainer program I paid for from Fitbit I have abandoned as having that extra goal was too stressful. The primary goal is the steps, plus I want to do my usual weights (going lighter each year) & other stuff.

Lol, done talking for now. Love to all royals near and far, including all lurkers, casual visitors, posters and whoever graces us with their presence in this palace in any way and sure and begorra I'm thinking of St. Paddy's Day and my March personal challenge that will commence following February 10, which is my personal Valentine's Day.

Amarantha2
02-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Here's a little update on my 21-day challenge as the eating day has closed and I am going to bed and watching Biggest Loser (exciting life). I've almost aced two of the three weeks and really am enjoying this challenge, will possibly repeat it.

Except for a stint on another website years ago, I've never posted my exact calorie counts online, though I've done my share (maybe more than my share) of diet forums, for better or worse. But I've found that calorie counts can be TMI sometimes as people have all different ideas of what other people should be eating and how much. However, I've enjoyed doing this challenge and am posting it in a few places and moving on to the third week. Might even do another 21 days after I finish this one, maybe add a new rule to the mix as well.

Eating day finished, going to watch Biggest Loser and call it a night (such an exciting life I lead lol)!

Day 5: 1785
Day 6: 1875
Day 7: 1760
Day 8: 1685
Day 9: 1470
Day 10: 1680
Day 11: 1845
Day 12: 1495
Day 13: 1870
Day 14: TBD

Amarantha2
02-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Lol, well, the challenge ended at 10 minutes to midnight with a sort of binge, reached 2655 BY midnight. Not sure what that was about. Decided not to continue the 21-dayer, though.

I think tonight's binge was less a result of the 21-day challenge and what I need in the in/out cycle than it was as I have been questioning recently WHY I am bothering about weight at all. WHO am I doing it for since I personally don't feel motivated at all so I'm not doing it for me. WHAT in my life would change if I stopped being an avid weight management person and just let nature take its course and gain back 100 pounds or so, which would be the invariable result?

Lol, not asking anyone to answer that question.

Arabella
02-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Can't help but answer though: You'd be miserable if that happened, Am.

I ended up not walking in the storm yesterday. I didn't really decide not to, but all day just kept not getting out there until day was done and I hadn't gone. The funny thing is the way I feel, almost the same as when I'm stagnating instead of mostly meeting goals. Also wasn't productive at work, which probably adds to that feeling.

I think I'm going to simplify my goal to just eating only at the table when alone, eating when hungry and not o/w. I'll still aim for 10,000 steps and yoga every day anyway, it just won't be part of the challenge.

Aaaaaaaanyway, I think I'll go get some work done that I intended to do yesterday. Let's take this day and do our level best with it.

Amarantha2
02-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks, Arabella, I think you are right that I'd be miserable if I gained 100 or so pounds again.

So the game is afoot & my queenly quest continues.

Good idea on the simplification. I am frankly relieved to be done with the complexity of the multiple challenge. My weight goal this week is just to lose some or maintain. Then I will be in St. Patrick's Day mode & will do some personal holiday challenge.

I did weights & 2000 of the steps today. Still awaiting news on business & contract matters, might as well refocus on getting the eating right.

Trader Joe's, which I rarely bother driving to these days may be in order.

Ta da!

Arabella
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Day 2 it is. The simplification was a good call. I spent 45 minutes shoveling and cleaning off my car yesterday and ended up not walking at all. It was brutally cold and windy. I ended up at something like 5000 steps. The shoveling is good exercise but you never get very many steps out of it.

Cold again today but not windy, which is much easier to deal with. I had DGS for a sleepover last night. We're planning a road trip to see his dad on his March break.

Am, I hate waiting for news! Hope yours comes soon and that it's exactly as you wish.

:wave: Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Huzzah, Wood Nymph!

Well, as far as I can tell right now I am not getting the contract but I'm fine with that.

Feeling good today & did the 10,000 steps by 9:30 a.m., nice today, went to park & then came back to neighborhood to walk the streets here. Had a lot of conversations with self about things going on & feel better.

Good work on the shoveling. When I do weights I don't get many steps from that so I basically stopped logging it on the Fitbit site. But I need the weights, yoga & aerobics that I also add to get lateral steps, which the device doesn't record. But I love my Fitbit anyway lol.

Thinking of all the royals. Let's make it a great week.

Arabella
02-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Good morning! I feel pretty good this morning, too. Coincidence that I looked after myself yesterday? I think not.

Day 3 dawns, literally. I've decided to add a little enhancement to my reporting, which is a star system: 1 star each for eating only at the table, yoga or sub, 10,000 steps, meditation and 3L water. That way, my streak continues with eating in control but I still have added incentive to do those other things that are so important.

Yesterday was a 4-star day: steps, eating, water and yoga all good. :cb:

It's cold today but supposed to get increasingly so, to be -35 with the windchill later. :brr: I'm relieved that it's not that cold now, as it was supposed to be, so I'm going to dress warmly and get out for a walk as soon as the sun's up.

Amarantha, your walk sounds so lovely. I so enjoy that kind of wandering, wondering, thinking walk. I do think better when I walk, too, about everything. It makes my brain work better. Good for you on being ok whether or not you get contract. I'm working on living with uncertainty, which has been something I've struggled with. Huzzah!

Love to all Queenlies, where'er they roam. Let's celebrate this day.

Amarantha2
02-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Love the star system, Wood Nymph. Congrats on day 3, woot!

On iPad, was kind of up half the night fixing computer & downloading stuff.

Yea, Arabella, I live with uncertainty, too. T'is an occupational hazard, plus I am aging & could just sit back & not think about anything anymore but the desire to work is still there, most of the time. Lol, anyhow, I don't get upset much anymore. People sometimes think I am upset but sometimes I am remarkably blah.

Thinking about an experiment to give up wheat from the next weigh in to the Vernal Equinox. This is not a challenge; if I eat wheat, I just keep going. I do think there will be a pizza lunch next Tuesday so I will definitely eat the crust.

I will make it a St. Paddy's No Wheat Party.

If I do it. Haven't decided.

wsw
02-07-2013, 08:41 AM
good morning, queenlies! have missed you all. have had a few pesky ms "technical difficulties" of late. just wanted to check in and say i have been thinking of you. will be back soon when have had a chance to read some of your past posts and can respond more personally. keep a light for me in the palace, dear royals. take care.

Arabella
02-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Another cold and sunny one here. Major snowstorm heading our way for the weekend, though.

5 stars yesterday! The meditation was a good add-on. When I go to yoga class, we have time built in lying in savasana before we start. Of course, there's stuff going on, people coming in and getting set up, although most do it quietly. Anyway, it's a perfect time to meditate because I'm just lying there anyway. And good training to learn to quiet myself in the midst of stimulation.

WSW, so nice to see you in the palace! Hope pesky MS difficulties are gone pronto!

Amarantha, I'll be interested to see how you get along wheat-free if you decide to do that. I mostly don't eat it myself but one of my sisters who ordinarily does stopped and said that she was blown away by the way her knee pain improved.

K, given the approaching storm, I'm going to scoot out to the store before everyone else gets there and turns it to a madhouse. Will walk, at some point, and probably go to yoga at noon or two this aft.

Have a blessed day, :queen:ies!

Amarantha2
02-08-2013, 09:19 AM
I am starting "40 days and 40 nights," the EAT WHEAT FREE EXPERIMENT begins early (was going to wait until Sunday) as was pretty well there the past few anyway. There are 40 days until the Vernal Equinox and a lot of changes are taking place in my life and in that new spirit and having had fun reading Wheat Belly, I’m experimenting during the holiday themed seasons of Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day and the 1st Day of Spring (Vernal Equinox, March 20) to see if wheat free is for me, whee! This is Day 40, counting backwards!

Wsw, so happy to see you back in the Palace and second the hope that those mean ol' technical difficulties flee the premises soon.

Arabella, hope the snowstorm changes its mind and goes in the opposite direction from you and maybe just turns out to sea and dissolves.

It is chilly here as it often in on on a February morn, but it'll be warm today. I do have contract matters to consider today, again, but nothing definite, kind of just focused now on taking care of me and the dog.

I am starting "40 days and 40 nights," the EAT WHEAT FREE EXPERIMENT early (was going to wait until Sunday) as was pretty well there the past few days anyway. There are 40 days until the Vernal Equinox and a lot of changes are taking place in my life and in that new spirit and having had fun reading Wheat Belly, I’m experimenting during the holiday themed seasons of Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day and the 1st Day of Spring (Vernal Equinox, March 20) to see if wheat free is for me, whee! This is Day 40, counting backwards!

Arabella, thanks for the info re thy sister. I actually eat a LOT of wheat but will have no trouble ditchin' it! Years ago on Sugar Busters, I ditched corn and never looked back, although after a decade or so made the decision to occasionally eat it as my body by that time processed it differently.

Thinking of all royals near and far, have a great day, all.

Amarantha2
02-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Got a lot of benefit out of the first full day of the no wheat experiment, huzzah! Decision made to continue and also some clarity came to me on how to reduce some joint stress and mental stress by reducing my official daily Fitbit step count to 8,000. I do weights, yoga and aerobics, too, plus the steps and since I had started to be overtrained and not feel well, I ended up skipping days of officially having a goal of 10,000 in favor of the more doable 8,000. I also intend to go back to work out of retirement at some point soon and honestly it takes just too much out of my day to do a consistent 10,000, but 8,000 will keep the activity intact until I decide to raise it back. May reduce it further.

Arabella
02-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Day 5 -- Three stars yesterday, b/c I didn't do yoga or meditate. I was very tired, but could have taken 10 minutes to lie in savasana to get both, so no excuse really.

Today, DH and I walked through the blizzard. Lots of extra calories burned trudging through snow. It was wild but kind-of gorgeous.

Amarantha, glad you got benefits from the first day.

Exercise is very time-consuming, is it not. Between walking and yoga, there's about 2.5 hours of my day, which puts some pressure on everything else and means I end up not doing impromptu other things or even other things in general very often. What with having to work and all.

Some people talk about their exercise time as their time for themselves. Maybe I can try to think of it a bit more like that.

Have a great weekend, all!

Amarantha2
02-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Huzzah, Arabella! Three stars is good, though.

You are doing great! :wave:

I like that idea of doing savasana and it is both yoga and meditation. Last year when I went through a rough patch I was taking a lot of new yoga classes at the gym. One was restorative yoga where we never left the floor and the assistant played bowls and they used a lot of oils and blankets and touching. It was quite heavenly but I got burned out on it anyhow because I was somewhat unhappy, I suppose. It should have helped but it didn't.

Then they started up a new hatha gong classes with the instructor playing the giant gong as we moved through pretty simple hatha work and then lay there at the end for gong meditation. There was also an hour a week of just gong meditation (yoga nidra with gong, I think they called it). I went to that once and it was glorious. But it all just took too much time and I somehow overtrained just lying there for the most part.

I should go back. The gong is pure heaven.

Not sure why but I always fight what helps me and yoga is one of those things.

Anyhow, yea, exercise does take a lot of time when one covers everything one needs to cover. Guess that is why I'm reducing the step goal. I want to do it all lol.

Doing well again with the wheat freedom. Cals a little higher today.

Have a great rest of the day, royals! Woot!

Amarantha2
02-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Huzzah, woot! Queen/Empress Am2 & all the fantasy diet companions in her wee little brain did march on down to the Sacred Grotto o' the Golden Scale this mornin' & did consult the Oracle o' the Golden Scale and it did say that the royal Am2, Goddess of the No Wheat Spring Science Experiment, HAD indeed lost .6 on the scale this week, putting her NOT EXACTLY IN THE 120s as she had planned to be on February 10, but STALKING THE 120s anyhow.

Almost there & verra happy. This doth not have to do with the wheat experiment as other than cutting out a WHOLE LOTTA JUNK FOOD THAT Am2 LIKES TO OVEREAT (cake, donuts, etc.), it is not believed in Amarantha Land that the wheat has anything to do with weight. However, Am2 continues feeling well wheatless & she marches on. This is the 38th day, counting backwards to the experimental end wheatless day. On that day, we in the Land will decide if we will continue wheatless, which is possible.

Woot! Pretty happy with the weight! This is NOT rapid weight loss but works for me!

Amarantha2
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Just passin' through this mornin' to see if anyone is in the palace lol.

I am on day 37 of the backward no wheat day count to the Vernal Equinox and enjoying the trip, more or less. Had some rocky moments and have to realize that in reality, I have eaten wheat all my life and probably more wheat than any other food substance has been the food rock on which I stood since a babe in arms.

Anyhow, having fun and finding out a lot of things.

I have cancelled the red velvet cake ban as it is unlikely that a wheat free red velvet cake is ever going to present itself to me and I wouldn't eat it if it did, so now I'm just down to staying wheat free and counting calories & exercising as usual.

Woot! Feeling a physical & mental alchemy beginning to process itself through my sphere & an uplift in spirit that has not been present for some time. Sure & begorra, so much clarity is spinning around in my wee brain. Is it leprechauns? Or is it the wheat, or lack thereof?

Marching forward.

Arabella
02-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Five stars Saturday, just one on Sunday, four yesterday. Fell short on steps Sunday and yesterday but still walked substantially. Our storm lasted pretty much all weekend. Cleared up around 5 Sunday afternoon.

Am, the gong yoga sounds wonderful! My SIL has studied sound therapy and does sessions, which I've heard are amazing. It's all about vibration. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm... :yoga:

Re: wheat -- well, things that I noticed almost immediately were: more energy, fewer aches and pains, mental clarity, and a better mood. It was very striking. One day, years ago, I suddenly just felt GREAT. It was such a radical change from how I felt normally that I racked my brains trying to figure out what I'd done differently and that was what it seemed to come down to -- I hadn't eaten wheat the previous day. Have tested that hypothesis many times since and always seems to be proven.

Re: red velvet cake and wheaty junk -- there are a surprising number of wheat-free products now that are pretty good. My personal opinion is that the junky ones are hugely more successful than the healthy ones. I guess what I'm saying is, if you decide to stay wheat-free and ever want cookies or donuts, you can probably find some. Not sure if that is good news or bad, hey. ;)

K, I'm just going to practice the Haydn Nelson Mass for our Good Friday performance and then scoot out for a walk while it's not raining. Yes, after last week's arctic temps and the weekend blizzard, that's what we've got today. :rain:

Huzzah to all! Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
02-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Congratulations on all the stars you are amassing, Arabella! They all count!

Thanks for sharing positive encouragement re the wheat free project that I sometimes call Wheatless Begorra lol because it is over three days after St. Paddy's Day!

I'm on Day 36, counting backwards, had some negative feedback about it in real life, not sure why, so do appreciate advice & good vibes.

In the final analysis, my body has the vote and my body and mood are having similar positive feelings as you describe. I've had some bad patches where I seemed to be "detoxing" from wheat and then I increasingly have a feeling of well being. Definitely some parameters are clicking in that I am either ascribing to a placebo effect or could it be NO WHEAT! :)

I know what you mean about the gluten free replacements for treats. I am not heavily into them and can't even imagine seeking a red velvet gluten free piece of cake. I have had moments of wanting something like bread and the first few days had a Van's wheat free waffle toasted with butter, then found a really nice gf raisin cinnamon bread and yesterday had one piece of that cold with butter. It was excellent but not really something I think I need long term.

For one thing, at the moment I am concerned with the rice flour in everything since there is a rice scare going on.

Another thing is I just don't believe I am going to need to really have exact substitutes. If I wanted sweet carbs, I could have a piece of dark chocolate.

Right now I am not focusing on gluten free, just on wheat free.

One bit of feedback that keeps popping up online among those who seem in the nutritional know is to have a blood test before going gluten free to, uh, see if you need to be gluten free.

I really don't see this as an issue for me because I am obviously not gluten intolerant and do not have celiac disease.

So I'm forging ahead at the moment and having fun with this.

In the meantime I had a massive amount of energy for weights today and did an hour, when honestly I've been down to the bare minimum for the past year.

So, we'll see.

Steps continue at 8,000 plus and I've decided that I have prescribed a RANGE of 8,000-10,000 and anything above that is gravy.

Wootness! Still waiting for some business things to click in and really, I'm not going to do anything much all day! Yay!

It is cold (37F) and still dark, even though we have passed First Light.

Thinking of all royals and shall fold tent and maybe go read for a while.

Amarantha2
02-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Renewed gym membership for another year. They have Zumba Gold for one class only. It is a gentler Zumba for seniors &/or inexperienced Zumba fans or people who just want a reduced level. I have done tons of Zumba but think the slower pace would feel good about now.

Day 35 on the no wheat & really liking it, making way better choices. Doing a little calorie challenge for rest if week, no higher than 1700 & will bring in some days lower than that, as had two high days already.

There is a lot to eat other than wheat.

Thinking of all royals, huzzah! Have a good one.

Amarantha2
02-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Ok, dokey, my little Royal 4-Day Personal Calorie Level Challenge Log:

Day 1, Wednesday, 1540
Day 2, Thursday, TBD
Day 3, Friday, TBD
Day 4, Saturday, TBD

Arabella
02-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Happy Valentine's Day, Lovelies! :lucky:

I squoze off another fluffy one :dance: Slow, slow. But 'tis always thus when I ramp up weight-bearing exercise. Which yoga is, big time. Feeling better and better though and shall continue.

Today I'm taking my mom to visit an aunt who's just had a double mastectomy. At 90. I would never do such a thing, myself but I guess the doctors convinced her. We're taking lunch up and I'm putting together a plate of dark chocolate and strawberries as a nod to V Day.

Four stars yesterday -- no meditation. I arrived at yoga without my mat and had just time enough to run home for it and slip into the class with 1 minute to spare. Ommmm...kay.
:yoga:
Am, I find it much easier to make good choices when I'm not eating wheat. Including, for me, not eating wheat. I can get away with a little from time to time but it can also be the slippery slope that I try to avoid.

I also feel no need to be tested for gluten sensitivity. I know how my body responds to it and I know I'm better off without it. The only other possibility could be that it's just carbs in general, I suppose. Whatevs, eh.

K, I should be off and walking b/f I head off for the day. Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
My Royal 4-Day Personal Calorie Level Challenge Log:

Day 1, Wednesday, 1540
Day 2, Thursday, 1360
Day 3, Friday, TBD
Day 4, Saturday, TBD

Happy Valentine's Day to all royals near & far!

Not sure if I said that this morning lol.

Arabella, ITA that yoga is a weight bearing exercise, and great cardio, too. I need to do better being consistent with it. In reality, yoga is the only exercise discipline that I really need, but I want all the others, too. :)

I did weights and 8,000 steps today, have been feeling ill but perked up tonight so finished all the exercise.

Arabella, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the wheat and gluten issues.

I also think that for me, the no wheat has reduced carbs overall and that has increased my well being (except today ... bought some food that did not agree with me).

Whatever works.

Later, royal ones! Woot! :wave:

Arabella
02-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Two or three stars yesterday. I'm not certain I got all my water. I got home from my trip with my mom. Those trips are always good but never stress-free. Anyway, long story short, I came home and gobbled up several pieces of chocolate. It was at the table and I was hungry but not the best choice. I'm trying to train myself to think of baby carrots, even if with dip, as first choice. Nevertheless, was no binge and will not send me down that slippery slope.

I do feel better already and can feel and see changes in my body, though the numbers will change slowly, especially at first. Onward!

Three day weekend ahead and I've got lots of work + a symphony review to get done. I'll walk DH to work and from there around the harbour and then must be diligent. I always like to get the shopping and vacuuming done on Friday, too. Which then makes the Friday evening all the sweeter.

Am, I still remember seeing the show -- I think called "The Body," the plastinated humans, displaying physical structures. The text for the Yoga Lady was all about the amazingly balanced strength among all the muscles in her body.

Let's make this a good one. Heigh-ho! And AWAY! :running:

Arabella
02-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Two or three stars yesterday. I'm not certain I got all my water. I got home from my trip with my mom. Those trips are always good but never stress-free. Anyway, long story short, I came home and gobbled up several pieces of chocolate. It was at the table and I was hungry but not the best choice. I'm trying to train myself to think of baby carrots, even if with dip, as first choice. Nevertheless, was no binge and will not send me down that slippery slope.

I do feel better already and can feel and see changes in my body, though the numbers will change slowly, especially at first. Onward!

Three day weekend ahead and I've got lots of work + a symphony review to get done. I'll walk DH to work and from there around the harbour and then must be diligent. I always like to get the shopping and vacuuming done on Friday, too. Which then makes the Friday evening all the sweeter.

Am, I still remember seeing the show -- I think called "The Body," the plastinated humans, displaying physical structures. The text for the Yoga Lady was all about the amazingly balanced strength among all the muscles in her body.

Let's make this a good one. Heigh-ho! And AWAY! :running:

Amarantha2
02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Arabella, that is an awesome goal of thinking of baby carrots with dip as your first choice. I so wish I felt that way more often.

I must say that since I kicked the wheat outta the palace, there has been a bit more room for healthier food and dare I say "veggies."

I really like being wheat free so far and probably will morph into a total gluten free life style.

I am not having any problems with it, although yesterday did have some digestive illness or other for an hour or two and had to take a nap, then felt fine. TMI, sorry, I do think it was just that I've stopped eating something that has been the mainstay of my diet since probably birth lol.

But for the most part I haven't noticed the change except for feeling generally better but having these episodes similar to minor flu that just go away.

I love being able to walk through the grocery at Wally and realize how just a week ago I had cravings for all the bread, cupcakes, cheesecakes, crackers, pretzels, etc., whilst now I am back eating a healthier low glycemic diet that is serving me better.

Just kind of hanging around the house still, but did go to the gym. Since I renewed my membership I decided I needed to go more often. It is also an awesome place to get my Fitbit steps in using the indoor track and with the crowd in the place and the music and everyone being nice to everyone, it was a verra pleasant session early this morning.

I don't feel I will lose weight this week, but we'll see. Just going to continue logging calories on a week to week basis for a while during the wheat free experiment. Friday's number still has a protein shake to drink tonight. There is no more challenge element in this log. That only makes me eat more lol.

Wednesday, 1540
Thursday, 1360
Friday, 1760
Saturday, TBD

Amarantha2
02-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Hmmm, in talking about yoga, I had been forgetting other stretch routines I also like, such as what I pulled out of the closet this morning, the very venerable but still so soothing Tamilee's "Total Stretch" video, which I bought on DVD again a number of years ago.

Of course, in my opinion, all stretch and all exercise disciplines are pretty much based on ancient yoga moves, this vid is always thought of as "athletic stretch" (yoga is very athletic), it is pure yoga warm-up, so easy, peaceful and soothing. I love it and it is 30 years or so old if it is a day.

Yoga or whatever, I need to get more stretching in.

Not doing anymore "challenges," though, lol. Just need to get real here.

Amarantha2
02-16-2013, 10:42 AM
To be honest, if I do NOT lose weight (or gasp, if I gain weight, tomorrow), I am thinking of running a little double tracking experiment doing one of the Weight Watchers’ plans while still tracking calories on Fitday PC.

I may do that this summer anyway if I start work again.

All big “IFs” … it was ever thus.

The real, true thing is that I don’t know what I am going to do but I DO intend to be in the 120s sometime, somewhere, somehow … SOON!

Woot!

Arabella
02-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Three stars yesterday, on my way to five today. But. I'm. So. Tired. I guess the last part of the week was too much for me. And then yoga was the icing on that cake today. Lots of down dog flows, which are taxing for me. I need to learn to sit some out b/c if I push through and give it all I've got -- well, I've given all I've got and I have nothing left. Which is where I am right now. I hate it -- too tired to enjoy anything. Still recovering from walking pneumonia or whatever kind of respiratory thing this is, I guess.

So main focus tomorrow and Monday will be ensuring that I don't go overboard.

Amarantha, your stretch/yoga (I agree with you about stretches being yoga-based) DVD sounds great. I really enjoy following DVDs. It seems so much easier, somehow, than just going through a sequence without any instruction. I must locate my a.m./p.m. chi DVD... :yoga:

All right. I may or may not run out to the drugstore. Just finishing laundry and that'll do it for the active portion of today. Happy weekend, :queen:lies!

Amarantha2
02-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Congrats on three stars, Arabella. Hope your tired feeling goes away as you shake off the last of the respiratory thing. I also think that as healing as yoga can be, it can be too much at times.

I can't do down dog since a plate was put in my arm three years ago. I mourned that for a while but in a class I substitute other moves & no longer think about how incredibly long I worked to do down dog. I like planks a lot using forearms.

I did find a nice phone app to count diet points (not WW) & am going to double track with Fitday PC for a while as an experiment.

Really need to jazz up my motivation & come up with clever plans to maintain dedication to not gaining weight. Woot!

Amarantha2
02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Gained .4 and calling that MAINTENANCE. In fact, although still moving forward in pursuit of the ever-so-elusive 120s, I am pretty happy with my weight and have decided that I am first, last and always in MAINTENANCE MODE FROM A MAJOR WEIGHT LOSS, 20 YEARS OR SO AND COUNTING (started losing weight before I even moved to this state, before diet sites, before FB, before the flood ... ).

So going to do the diet points app for a while and the double logging with Fitday PC and the wheat free and going to be working by summer (gosh willin' 'n the wash don't rise).

NOT going to be bothered by a stupid .4 of a pound right now lol.

IT. IS. MANIFEST.

IT. WILL. DEPART.

SOON.

Amarantha2
02-17-2013, 05:09 PM
NOT MANIFEST! Lol, I dumped the points counting project already and have gone back to the solid rock of pure, accurate calorie counting.

Glad it is Monday tomorrow, although a holiday. Been bouncing off walls recently.

Have a good one, royals. :wave:

Arabella
02-18-2013, 06:13 AM
And I'M glad that it's a holiday Monday. Five stars Saturday, three yesterday (yoga & meditation missing).

I lost 1.4 this week. I just realized this morning that my total loss, from unrecorded high (my weight bounced up immediately after I posted the ticker) is 8.3 pounds in a month. So, really, weight loss has not been as slow as I thought it was. Huzzah! :cb: :cb:
Storming here but DH and I are apt to get out there and walk before too long. O/w, I've got a few housekeeping-type chores to do, and want to get in a goodly practice for spring concert. So far, yoga classes are going ahead so I'll plan to get there. Right now, every second day seems like the most prudent schedule.

Amarantha, I admire you so for liking low planks! I could not say I truly like planks yet, or down dogs either. But I do believe they're both beneficial. I think planks tone and strengthen head to toe.

I didn't realize your big loss was so long ago (or didn't remember -- that could be it). Wow! You're so my hero. There aren't a lot of humans able to lose that amount and keep it off. To do so for 20+ years -- well, that's SUCCESS. Yes, you are an icon of success. :encore:

Mmmmmore coffee, a read of the weekend paper (always behind, I am) and then I think we'll be off into the snow storm. This February has been too, too wintery. I hope March eases up on us. :crossed:

Let's make this a good one! :wave:

Wildfire
02-18-2013, 09:35 AM
There just are not enough hours in a day. I spent yesterday, Sunday, of a long weekend at the office. Reports due today, regardless of it being a holiday.

I was in Florida for a week, which was a very nice, warm, break. Now it's windchills of -21 and snow. Another mess on the way for Tuesday, with freezing rain and ice pellets. I am so over winter!!

Anyhoo, time to get back on the wagon and focus again. One day at a time.

:wave:

Amarantha2
02-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Woot! Wildfire is back in the palace from the Land of Florida. :wave: Sorry you had to work the weekend at the office.

Arabella, yea, I have been in a sort of maintenance mode for a loooong time ... that is where I got my saying: "Maintenance of a major weight loss means sometimes having to deal with regains."

I've been up and down but never anywhere near my high of two decades ago, which was considerably before I met any of ye royals here in the palace.

My current ticker represents a high on my 2012 birthday (which was in the first part of that year) that I somehow reached after a low in 2010 of 117, following the arm injury and surgery. I liked 117 for wearing clothes but it is a number too low to comfortably maintain, but I don't ever intend to fluctuate as much as I have the past two years. I want to be in the 120s around 125, give or take and I intend to stay there ... lol but the three pounds in my way like me.

Had a HUGE breakfast including southwest shredded hash brown potatoes that I make with pico de gallo (I make this fresh now and then) and salsa. I used to not eat white potatoes but I am finding that other than what people tell me about not eating white potatoes, I can think of no reason, and right now I find they make a great fit when I am having minor thoughts of SORT OF wanting something kind of wheat based. I fried these in olive oil and ate with two fried eggs on top, then took a two hour walk or so, finished 10,000 steps and that is kind of my totally nonproductive day so far.

FULL SPEED AHEAD! I INTEND TO HAVE A GREAT WEIGH-IN THIS WEEK!

Day 30 of the backward count to the vernal equinox, still happily wheat free & by default gluten free as there is no other source of gluten in my diet than wheat anyway so since it is outta here, so is gluten.

Migraines gone, places that had swelling gone, digestion and mental clarity better (except for yesterday when I was a crazy person for some reason).

Is it the wheat? Don't know. Very tired now, though. Would have more potatoes but would make me sleepy.

Wow, food obsessed here. Going to go mop kitchen. Bye bye! :wave:

Arabella
02-20-2013, 07:21 AM
What happened yesterday? I was extra hungry and have extra work pressures, was tired. Whatever -- I ate enough lunch for two people, topped it with chocolate. Ate enough dinner for two people, and did it sitting on the couch watching a movie. And then, inevitably, didn't sleep well, my brain torturing me. Ah well. Onward. Day 1. I feel newly resolved.

They're calling for rain, freezing rain and snow today, all of which we've had plenty of in the past few days. I'm going to have my steel-cut oats with yogurt and then get out for a walk. Despite everything, I don't feel as tired today as I did yesterday. Seriously, I was so sleepy at suppertime yesterday I should have just gone to bed. Instead, I ate too much and then worked too late. Will I ever get to the point that I give me what I need instead of denying myself and trying to make it up with food? I will continue to try. :yes:

Amarantha, I also find potatoes a helpful substitute for wheat-based items. Your breakfast sounds really good, and like something that would be a good lunch or dinner, too. I just made an Indian relish last month for the first time that people online had described as an Indian-spiced version of pico de gallo, which I'd never had before. It was fabulous and I'll make it again.

Welcome back, Wildfire! It never ceases to amaze me the way trips are ahead for such a long time and then so quickly disappearing in the rear-view mirror. Nope, not enough hours in the day.

Whatever hours we have today, Queenlies, let's make the most of them. Huzzah!

Amarantha2
02-21-2013, 12:48 AM
JUST TO ANNOUNCE, THERE IS SNOW IN MY YARD!!! This has not occurred in my life for approximately 18 years! My dog has never seen snow. Now, mind you, this would hardly be classified as snow in the midwest from whence I came long long ago, but it nevertheless is technically snow, sort of soft, warm and clumpy and in strange little patches on the yard. It'll be gone soon but perhaps it is a portent of something great that is about to happen, like I'm going to lose three pounds this weekend. Nah, probably not!

Arabella, I had an eating evening somewhat similar to how you describe your day yesterday lol. Not sure why. Lol, I don't have a job or any reason to be tired particularly. I was stressed over some negative interactions in my business life, though, and reacted as if it was work stress and just ate too much.

Interesting that you also find potatoes helpful as a substitute for wheat based foods. I am so enjoying eating white potatoes again, since I had banned them in my head for so long, due really to the influence of other people and popular diet science and what not. My body finds the white potatoes a happier choice than wheat.

I remain happily wheat free backed also by the knowledge that if I do at some point want bread, pizza crust or cake, there ARE wheat free products available, but honestly all that seems remote right now and I am making better food choices for the most part.

Did eat candy today and too high.

FITBIT HAS INFORMED ME THAT I HAVE WALKED 500 MILES AND I RECEIVED A BADGE! Woot! So I've done 500 miles since I got the device, which was early November.

I'm back up to an official 10,000 steps, having moved my daily goal back to that. I am still remembering that there is no law that says I have to make that goal at times, but it is nice to have the goal.

Onward, all. Greetings to all royals, whether near or far.

Arabella
02-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Day 2, three stars yesterday (missing yoga and meditation). You would think, no matter what, I could at least lie down in savasana for 10 minutes but don't seem to be able to get there.

Amarantha, I think sometimes there's something in the alignment of the planets that influences these things. After going into auto-eating mode on Tuesday, yesterday was problem-free, not even any struggles.
SNOW! Enjoy the novelty. Must be said, the thrill's wearing thin here. :dz: We've had rain/freezing rain/ice pellets and snow off and on since last Friday. Ick.

Onward, in any case.

Amarantha2
02-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Woot, I think you are right about that alignment of planets, Wood Nymph! Congrats on the problem free day and I intend to have one today.

Had my sugar free, wheat free cherry cobbler for breakfast & am off to a meeting later this morning. The "cobbler" is a recipe I have made for a long time. It is just layered almond meal flour patted with water into a microwave bowl with organic frozen cherries (unsweetened). I used to add a bit of dry oats but don't anymore. I microwave it very carefully until it sort of resembles a cobbler or if taken out of the bowl, a giant cookie. It is very easy to overcook, though.

Re some thoughts I had today re being wheat free, there's no reason anyone has to eat wheat free unless medically advised, it is just a way of eating that agrees with some people, including me & my now pain free & flat stomach. I am loving it but will be evaluating on the 20th.

I do eat wheat free crackers & bread sometimes, they are easy to find in the stores here.

Found a 3fc support thread for Wheat Belly. The posters seem to be focused on the low carb aspect of the book, but I am eating roughly the same amount of carbs, just avoiding wheat. The only thing this does for me as far as weight is I am not being tortured by wanting all the cupcakes, bakery cake, cookies, doughnuts every time I go to the grocery. I know I can have a gluten free bakery item any time but it is just a little less easy to obtain that or make it since my cravings have stopped. I do like a lot of the gluten free crackers, which are in all the stores I shop in. I have concerns about the rice in those but eat a few now & then.

Amarantha2
02-22-2013, 07:55 PM
This has been a week of angst, turmoil & disappointment in the personal life of Me the Queen/Empress & Acting CEO of Her Own Glorious Self lol.

So, okay, we can hang with that. S'ok. We are Happy Queens here in the Queendom. Things don't always go our way and we're doing okay.

That. Rhymes.

Now the NO WHEAT thing, though, is going well. Our glorious royal digestion is BETTER. Some other physical parameters, pain, inflammation and mental unclarities have improved. It is the NO WHEAT!

We really like this lifestyle.

So. That. Is. Good.

We REALLY had a fun evening when it SNOWED in our desert yard earlier in the week. Hadn't had snow in our yard for 18 years, when we lived back east. Have seen snow in the town where we used to work, even the odd flake or two now & then in the metro areas, lots of nice snow dusting the mountain tops. But in our own royal castle's backyard, no. Our royal canine companion had actually never SEEN snow patches. She didn't know what they were but we think she liked them.

So our point IS this: IT HAS BEEN A GOOD AND BAD WEEK BUT WE'VE HAD SOME ANGST, WE'VE HAD SOME DISAPPOINTMENTS, WE ARE MISSING SOME THINGS IN OUR NORMALLY HAPPY LIFE. WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT SOME THINGS.

We. Feel. The. Least. The. Universe. Can. Do. To. Compensate. Us. Is. Provide. A. Nice. Weekly. Weigh-In. For. Us. To. Celebrate.

That's all.

It is only fair, Universe!

Amarantha2
02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Huzzah! Just a royal quickie to announce that lo Queen/Empress & All Round Royal Good Fellow Am2 ...

DID LOSE .2 THIS WEEK! Hooray for me! I'm happy. This is a SLOW process getting through that 132 plateau number but I'll do it.

Arabella
02-25-2013, 06:01 AM
Crashed and burned on Friday, five star days yesterday and Saturday. I'm toying with the idea of making vegetables exempt from the eating at the table rule. I remember that I'd done that successfully once before. It gives me the option to have a snack in front of the TV and increases my vegetable intake without increasing calorie intake too much. A little dip ok but not hummus -- I can go through a lot of hummus with baby carrots.

Amarantha, sorry you had such a crummy last week -- but HOLY GOOD ATTITUDE, BATMAN! And congrats on the loss. Huzzah!

A desperate work week here. I think I may ask my manager if we can switch a few things around to make production easier.

Let's make it a good one!

Amarantha2
02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Arabella, I find myself looking at kitchen tables lately as I am contemplating implementing your kitchen table rule, at least part time.

Good idea about implementing the veggie exemption.

Part of my rationale in the wheat ban is in the spirit of your table rule. It is the way I am doing everything in this "retirement" period of my life that I hope will end by summer but if it does not I'll make the best of it. I am creating an environment that will serve me in life & diet hood lol. If wheat is banned, it is, frankly, harder to eat cake.

I do plan on making a gluten free cake someday but for now, I am saving tons of impulsive snacks & my joints don't ache as much from bad food in large amounts.

Thanks for the kind words on my attitude. I appreciate that, Wood Nymph.

Busy week of appointments & I need to make up 5,000 steps from yesterday to get my 70,000 weekly goal.

Let's make the greatest royal week ever!

Thinking of all our absent royal friends. Woot!

Amarantha2
02-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Woot, yesterday here in the Queendom & Empire of the Life of Am2 things were actually MORE dramatic than they were on any given day of the disastrous week previous. The short list of things that happened that could be construed as negative included being a fraud victim, falling prey (not for the first time) to the anxiety producing talents of two perpetually hostile neighbors, worrying about an elderly friend's health, and OF COURSE, as a result of some of this angst, Am2 found herself having her second high calorie day of the week.

HOWSOMEVER, all the angst did not result in a deviation from the State of Wheat Freedom and well we here in Am2 Land always have two high cal days a week anyhow, so this was a good reflection to have AS WELL AS the recall that last week was a bummer too YET, Am2 DID lose weight.

SO, we are walkin' our stress away this morning and then going to Sprouts to look for some bars called Uber, which are supposed to be gluten free, because yesterday we must admit that the IDEA of eating a piece of regular wheat based buttercream white cake was tempting, but we stuck to the experiment.

Whole day to be dedicated to peace and quiet and CALORIE CONTROL with no wheat overtones.

WOOOT!

It. Is. Manifest.

Amarantha2
02-27-2013, 08:06 AM
New little personal challenge o' the Faithful Follower of the Sane Weight Management Society, Queen/Empress Am2, a wee personal royal streak challenge to keep EVIL STRESS EATING AT BAY FOR A WHILE in the Royal Realm o' Am2. A lot of negative thoughts & JUST THINGS are causin' angst in the personal royal life and while we remain adamantly wheat free here in our personal Queendom, our calories are creepin' up. We are binge free, just eatin' a bit too high on the caloric hog for sane weight management and we really don't feel well at that caloric level.

So we will play a game. The Royal Good Calorie Level Streak Challenge to see how many consecutive days we can stay at 1600 or below, which is kind of a challenging amount for us.

Since we calorie cycle here in the Queendom, it really isn't even necessary or required to stay at 1600 or below and it really isn't even desirable long term. This is just a temporary game as we ARE TRYING TO GET BELOW 130 POUNDS right now.

We will update this challenge now and then on this board and others we post on.

Day 1, February 27, 2013, Wednesday, Calories TBD

Amarantha2
02-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Queen's Royal Caloric Level Streakity Streak
Day 1, Wednesday, February 27, 1530
Day2, TBD

Amarantha2
03-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Day 2, 1560
Day 3, TBD

Amarantha2
03-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Day 2, 1560
Day 3, 1540
Day 4, TBD

anagramredux
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Skulking back to the palace, following bread crumbs. Missed y'all and will (like wsw) be back after I've reviewed some more back posts.

Note new name - this is to go w/new home and all sorts of life revisions. Mostly good. Except for weight gained when not journeying to the Varied Seasons Palaces.

For now -

Arabella
03-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Shaking things up again here. I had a mostly good last week but I'm thinking that reducing carbs is what always works for me. And, once I wrap my head around the concept, is so much easier. I'd "forgotten" how much less hungry I am, how I don't have the non-hunger impulses to eat. Not a low, low carb diet but one that allows legumes, quinoa. I feel better already, third day in.

Am, congrats on the successful navigation through the more dramatically disastrous week and losing weight. Huzzah! :cb: :cb:

I was just thinking yesterday about the difficulty staying OP when life gets really challenging and how we might deal with it. 'Tis a good thing to prepare for b/c sure as shooting, life will be giving us some lemons.

ANAGRAM!!! I confess that I was thinking of sending out a search party. So glad to see you back in the Palace. :)

As you will have seen, I've gained a shocking amount of weight. It never fails to amaze me, each time I stop weighing myself for an extended period of time and gain significantly. Nevertheless, we are moving onward and will triumph.

So, with that said, I'm just heading out with DH for our Sunday walk. This afternoon, I'll be going to hot yoga :yoga: and getting ready for a trip to Halifax at daybreak tomorrow.

Love to all in the palace or on walkabout - let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Huzzah, Anagramredux is IN THE PALACE! Woot! So glad to see you, Queen Anagramredux and love the new name. Looking forward to your posties!

Queen Wsw, also lookin' forward to your future posties and was glad to see thee previously, too.

Queen Arabella, the Royal Wood Nymph, huzzah on thy good week and the plan also to shake things up a bit with carb reduction. Congratulations on Day 3 of that.

I wish I liked quinoa, it is such a perfect grain for any protein, gluten free use. Alack, I do not like it. So many folk do but I appear the exception.

Day 2, 1560
Day 3, 1540
Day 4, 1510
Day 5, TBD

IN THE MEANTIME, YAY, WE FORGOT TO SAY, EVERYTHING'S GOING OUR WEIGH!

We here in the Queendom and Empire of the Entity Known as Am2 (the Queen/Empress/CEO of Her Own Life) DID indeed saunter on down to the Golden Scale in the Grotto o' Dietary Justice and did indeed do the Sacred Sunday Am2 Weigh-In and Yay THE SCALE HAD NOT MOVED UP OR DOWN.

We call that maintenance and we are happy with that. We would have been frustrated with a gain but a maintain means NEXT WEEK or thereabouts we will saunter on down across that line to the 120s or close enough.

IT. IS. MANIFEST.

Amarantha2
03-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Idleness. Idleness. Welcome to Am2's LaLa Land, 2013.

Wondering if here in the wee personal Queendom of ME, I should yet again amend the quest a bit to shake up the Empress/Queen Am2 data gatherers and give them something to do.

We here in our queendom are questing on the trail of wheatlessness each and every day as well as doing the funky streakity streak in the Realm of Low Caloriedom.

SHOULD we start weighing in for a while on Wednesday and call it a holiday known as Wheatless Wednesday?

Maybe not.

Maybe.

Queen’s Royal Caloric Level Streakity Streak
Day 2, 1560
Day 3, 1540
Day 4, 1510
Day 5, 1590
Day 6, TBD

Probaby not.

Likely not.

We'll think about it.

Absolutely.

wsw
03-04-2013, 07:38 PM
hi am2! :)

and to all our queens, greetings!

once again, i am woefully behind on royal posts, but please know i think of you all often even when i don't post. over calories for today, but for most part have been staying pretty much op. ms technical difficulties going on a bit more than i would like since beginning of year, but making necessary adjustments. today, my 60th birthday. trying to get used to saying that
number. lol! ok, i really will be back sooner than later (hopefully), and more
regularly. have missed you all. take care.

Amarantha2
03-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Wsw!! :wave: So great to see you and think of you also, too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Woot! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations also on being op. Am sorry to hear those technical difficulties have been a bit more active since the first of the year. Hope they are better soon.

Amarantha2
03-05-2013, 03:27 AM
As for Moi, Queen of My Queendom, Empress of My Empire, CEO of My Realm, I am totally off of any idea of changing my weigh-in to Wednesday, looks like a busy week ahead. My weigh-in days are important to me as weight management and fitness remain a priority no matter how hard I have to work at it sometimes.

I have been busy today making some vital decisions and can't sleep at the moment but will get there.

Had my high day of the week but going for Round Two of my calorie level challenge:

Queen’s Royal Caloric Level Streakity Streak
Day 2, 1560
Day 3, 1540
Day 4, 1510
Day 5, 1590
Day 6, 2655
(END OF ROUND 1)

Queen’s Royal Caloric Level Streakity Streak, Round 2
Day 1, Tuesday, March 5, TBD

Thinking of all our faithful royals whither soever they wander in their journey.

Good night, all.

anagramredux
03-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Happy, Happy Birthday, wsw!!!!60 is but another number but a milestone to celebrate for sure. Hope the tech difficulties give you a day off today.

Nice to be greeted by Empress in the morning and read her inspirational posties.

And, Arabella, we are once again in a similar situation - I too stopped weighing, counting, THINKING during a busy and emotional year and am once again above the dreaded 200 - both in pounds and cholesterol. Nine months ago I was (finally) below the number in both and feeling like I may yet make a significant loss.'
'HA, Ha - I should know my self destructive self better than that.

However, the same time has been one of significant change in other areas and I am encouraged by that. I am now in a new home - one story - where heavy snow and yard work are taken care of. Much better for overall health for me.

Last week, settled on sale of old home. Lots of work, lots of memories, lots of emotion. But now, behind me.

So time to resettle into what has worked before - at least for holding. First to get the med numbers back in shape. Back on prednisone (for some tech diff) and that makes it a wee harder to fight the fluffies but nonetheless, I've had a few good days.

Looking forward to inspiration and progress.

Arabella
03-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Good morning, Queenlies! I slept in until 7:30 this a.m. -- almost unheard of, so am flying by.

I didn't walk or go to yoga yesterday although I intended to do both. Today is a new day. :yes:

WSW! :hb: :cheers: Hope those pesky technical difficulties leave you be!

Amarantha, I hear you on the not sleeping. Sure doesn't make life easier, does it. Stress begone!

Anagram, I'd been wondering if you'd moved. Big change, but it sounds like a much more manageable place. Is it feeling like home?

I'd best start accomplishing. Day 1 of 10,000 steps, yoga or similar exercise, eating only at the table, and staying lowish carb. Huzzah!

Amarantha2
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Anagram, congratulations on the new home and getting through the sale of the old one.

Hugs.

Arabella, I'm with ye on stress begone ... and sleeping in. I need to sleep tonight at least, need to regroup.

Wsw, thinking of you.

Lol, day dragged out into a stress fest and I realized it was somewhat in the category of borrowed stress as I took on a role in someone's life I didn't need to take for a while. Yet all will be well on that front and at any rate THERE IS NO REASON FOR ME TO OVEREAT BECAUSE OF THIS BORROWED STRESS.

Or. Any. Stress.

Why do I think overeating is going to make better? It never does, never has, always muddies the water, makes thing worse.

Bah, Stress Eating Demons, we shun them.

SO, done eating for the day and here be the tally and I am going to BED (lol to read):

Queen’s Royal Good Caloric Level Streakity Streak, Round 2
Day 1, Tuesday, March 5, 1600
Day 2, Wednesday, March 6, TBD

anagramredux
03-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Really struggling to get back on "Good" Street. Not feeling quite "right" which usually makes me want something sweet. Maybe improvement in weather will help.

Amarantha2
03-07-2013, 12:40 AM
Anagram, hope the weather improves where you are.

Lol, I'm working on getting back on Good Street, too.

I've been reading a new "diet" book about eliminating foods that cause inflammation, thus regaining health and losing weight. Not surprisingly (to me) gluten is one of these foods and I've pretty much already nailed that one. But I'd have a long way to go if I wanted to eliminate all the foods on the list, which I'm not sure I do, but it is an interesting book.

Day 2, Wednesday, March 6, 1550
Day 3, Thursday, TBD

Amarantha2
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Day 2, Wednesday, 1550
Day 3, Thursday, 2040
(END OF ROUND 2)

Amarantha2
03-07-2013, 10:32 PM
A passing bunch of errant stress eatin' demons briefly moved into the Queendom today, resulting in the derailment of the streakity streak round 2. The decision has been made to continue this project:

Queen’s Royal Good Caloric Level Streakity Streak, Round 3
Day 1, Friday, March 8, TBD

Amarantha2
03-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Not a lot of opportunity to eat today, but made some great shakes for late snack and dinner with cherries (frozen, organic & unsweetened), whey powder and unsweetened coconut milk and am so full and tired I know the royal kitchen has been closed by the royal chef, who has more or less gone to bed, though it is early. Steps done.

Day 1, Friday, March 8, 1105

anagramredux
03-09-2013, 05:20 AM
Still struggling, of course. Have lost some of the excess water weight so scale looks better. But still kicking self over allowing demons to detour me from the health route. Having some b.p. issues which are new to me. But that is certainly motivation. Am now about six pounds above my best weight on this particular leg of the journey. Six doesn't sound like many but it puts me back quite a few years of hard work.

Sigh.....BUT we are supposed to have two lovely spring days this weekend and that should also be inspiring and invigorating. Have a few bulbs coming up that I brought from old house. Anxious to see what survive the move. Anything is more than welcome. Won't have much but I can lavish a lot of care on what little I'll have and not feel they are the chore the larger yard and plantings had become.

Hmm - maybe theme for today - lavish a lot of love on a few people. Make someone happy.

And then - Daylight Savings time. I'm mentally moving me an hour ahead today, i.e, I didn't get up at 5 a.m. (too early) but at 6:a.m. (okay) which it will be tomorrow at this time.

anagramredux
03-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Just reread the Am2 quote re maintenance - needed to see that today.

Wildfire
03-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Yay! Welcome back, Anagram! So good to see you! :wave:

Still not enough hours in the day. This is not unusual for this time of year and it won't let up until after April. Still, I am getting to the gym three days a week and finally over the painful period I deal with from Fibro any time I restart. Attempting to precook and freeze meals for the week tomorrow. Getting in from the gym at 6:30 and starting to cook then means not eating dinner until 7:30 - 8:00 and that's just too late when I still have to walk the dog and do laundry and prepare for the next day. And that's assuming I actually get out of work on time, which is rare these days. Nevertheless, this is the year of Me and I will be my own priority.

Supposed to be warm-ish here today. The royal coach needs a vacuuming and wipe, might be a good day to do it.

Have a good one, dears!

Amarantha2
03-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Huzzah, Wildfire! So good to see you. Sorry you are in that busy time until April. Great idea about precooking your week of food so you don't have to wait so late to eat. Congratulations on getting to the gym three days a week and getting past the painful period from that. Have a wonderful week!

This is a quick flyby as I do need to go back to bed. Just updating the streakity streak, will likewise update my weight tomorrow after I do the weigh-in.

Day 1, Friday, March 8, 1105
Day 2, Saturday, 1455
Day 3, Sunday, TBD

Love to all royals, wherever they be in the world right now. :wave:

Arabella
03-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Happy Sunday, :queen:lies! Shook up the routine a bit today. I went to hot yoga at 8:30 and then we had breakfast. So we haven't walked yet but will do so soon, then I think a little nap.

I came out of the shower to start cooking and DH had put some old Rolling Stones on the sound system. We always listen to something classical or at least a bit quiet on Sunday mornings, so that was a departure too. He had the CUTEST look on his face when I walked into the kitchen, like "See what I did? Do you like it?" I did, danced around singing and dancing and cooking. :)

We had an extra rehearsal yesterday -- we're doing not one but two requiems on Good Friday, the Rutter one and Haydn's Nelson Mass. Both short but quite different. Anyway, practice is coming along and they're both fun to sing.

Low carbs, control, eating when hungry, yoga and walking all going well. I made yoga five times last week. Steps weren't quite there earlier in the week but good now.

Amarantha, I need to nap too. I never seem to be able to actually sleep in the daytime though, so hope to get to bed early tonight and wake up refreshed. Hope your sleep is sublime and refreshing!

Wildfire, I think we're just too busy. It seems like I'm saying every few weeks that I'm in an especially busy period but where are the lulls? :shrug: I do not know.

Anagram, I hope you've got some violets from the old homestead.

Re: struggling -- that seems to be just about the only way to get started. Sometimes "the click" snaps into place but in my experience, that's a rarity. We work towards it and click manually when required.

K, DH is putting on his boots. Off I go! Have a blissful rest of your Sunday, lovelies! xo

Amarantha2
03-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Arabella, your Sunday sounds lovely so far, with the music and the hot yoga and the sense of creating a sacred place that comes through in your Sunday posts.

I use Sunday for the purpose also of creating a sacred space. My rationale for that is that it is the first day of the week.

I think Saturday is a little sacred, too, as it is the last day of the week.

I really sleep deeply in my nana naps, but it isn't a function of age, although I joke about it being a nana nap. I've always been like that, taking naps, even in the early working years when I worked in offices and newsrooms, I often took little lunch naps in my car or in a park or something.

My Sunday news is in the following post lol.

Amarantha2
03-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Well, huzzah, royal friends! I do have to do a little happy dance here :carrot:

A REALLY exciting mornin' took place in the Queendom/Empire of Queen/Empress o' Her Own Little Universe Am2 this mornin'!!!

Yes, it did. To make a long story short, mainly because she is getting ready to go get the Royal Canine some Milkbones (we are out in the Palace and the Canine gets restless), Am2 did hop on down like an Easter Bunnyette (channeling the coming holiday) to the Royal Grotto of the Golden Scale of Dietary Justice and hopped with alacrity upon said scale and it did inform her that she had lost two pounds this week! :carrot:

Lol! This is a VERY GOOD WEIGH-IN for Am2, who at this stage of life is slow to let go o' the pounds between herself and her IDEAL WEIGHT, so it all provided a much needed fun time on a cold Sunday mornin' in LaLa Land, THE QUEENDOM OF AM!

We MUST venture to interject here that without the NO WHEAT EXPERIMENT, this very likely would not have happened at this time, as the experiment is helping us on a number of eating and health related levels.

It. Is. Manifest. There. Is. Joy. In. Our. Land.

We do not know why this stuff makes us so royally happy lol. The scale is actually NOT supposed to make us happy, so many experts say. But anyway ... there it is!

Amarantha2
03-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I am just trying to stay busy this week and strict with the diet as I want NOT to have any nasty regains. It has been so long since I've lost a whole two pounds lol.

The calorie streak log is to be curtailed for a bit & I may or may not revive it. I had a problem with Fitday PC & went back to a mobile app that I like a lot but that makes it too time consuming to log calories in a journal right now with so much going on in life for me.

Basically I have decided to remain wheat free for the foreseeable future so removed the vernal equinox challenge as well. I don't need it.

"To err is human, to forgive, infrequent." ~ Franklin P. Adams

Arabella
03-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Happy Monday, Lovelies! I managed to squeeze off a pound last week. And given that it was the first full low-carb week and the first week I got to yoga five times since the fall, I think I will take it as reward for good work. Huzzah! :cb: :cb:

I know changes are greater than a pound loss by the fit of my clothes, flatter tummy and muscles popping up.

Amarantha, congrats on the two pounds! :cheers:

Yes, I like to make the weekends a time of sacred bliss. In fact, trying to pull more of that into every day.

You are blessed to be able to nap well. My plan for eventual retirement is to rise early, have a lovely nap in the afternoon and then stay up much later than I do now.

I've got deadlines for mid-week so should get at it. I'll get my steps today but it will probably be Wednesday before I can get back to yoga class. Maybe I can squeeze in a few poses here and there. I did meditate this a.m. -- doing this 21-Day meditation challenge (http://www.chopracentermeditation.com/bestsellers/ProgramPage.aspx?bookid=178&id=7732)via Oprah and Deepak. :yoga:

Amarantha2
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the congrats, Arabella! Congratulations on your pound down and for the fit of the clothing victory, which is, after all, what this is all about to a large extent, in my opinion.

This is just a wee little tiptoe-through-the-spring-holidays-to-approximately-the-summer-solstice-or-4th-of-July status update. Am2 is not as into St. Paddy's Day as she thought she would be mentally by now and her first target in the ever exciting (to her) marriage of holidays and weight management targets does take place on St. Patrick's Day this Sunday.

The big goal is NOT to have gained any of that GREAT WEIGH-IN FROM LAST WEEK. Whether this happens or doesn't happen, Am2 is leaving it up to the Capriciousness of Spring Fairies. She will cope regardless, begorra.

Later that week, it is time for the Vernal Equinox (on the 20th) and that will be fun and in the Am2 palace, we celebrate Easter Sunday (secular) with a weigh-in (well, we celebrate every Sunday with a weigh-in lol, honestly, folks, we know our material is dated but we still have fun).

The very next day is April Fools' Day and we will celebrate by NOT being foolish with food! 'Nuff said.

There are a number of minor holidays in April and the major one of Earth Day, April 22.

There followeth May Day and some other holidays until we reach the Solstice and on then to the 4th of July.

Right now, though, the WHOLE POINT OF THE WHOLE THING IS TO HIPPITY HOP TO EASTER AND CROSS THE PORTAL INTO 120s LAND AGAIN!

A sub goal is to establish a mode of thinking reflecting the fact that though things change, Am2's life relies on health and a happy frame of mind, both of which, in her little queendom include but are not limited to three principles: 1) She is no good to the world, family, friends or pet children unless she is good to herself and cannot love others if she does not love herself (she does love herself, btw); 2) Part of loving herself is to honor her body by continuing to manage her weight at a reasonable level and exercise and eat as she deems proper for her own self; 3) Only Am2 knows what is reasonable, proper and sane in her own journey and her judgment tends to be sound, her intellect intact and her abilities more or less still okay dokey.

With these principles she will now hippity hop through the rest of the week. Will start calorie posting at a different time, maybe as part of a summary on weigh-in days.

Begorra.

Arabella
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Finished the awful work stuff at about 11 last night. As predicted, I didn't get to yoga Monday or Tues but was back there today. My steps were only around 8000 Monday but am still over 10,000 per day averaged out over the last week. AND. Totally binge-free. That's at least three heavy deadline days that I've gotten through without resorting to food. If I want to procrastinate, I just procrastinate -- don't have to have a snack to stop for a break. Huzzah!

Amarantha, I love your principles and am much in accordance with them. Re: the looser clothing -- I was thinking yesterday that I would be losing weight faster if I dropped the yoga but, in fact, would not be making as much progress and wouldn't improve visibly as quickly.

I tried on my spring coat in January and it was unwearable. Today I wore it over a bulky sweater and it was not the slightest bit tight.

The thing is, though, when you weigh this much you think the weight should be falling off. Just have to get over that way of thinking.

An early bed and novel are beckoning. Hope all have a blissful night and awake refreshed.

Arabella
03-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Fly-by report, b/c ... I stepped on the scale today and saw another 2 pounds off, for 3 in a week. Um, ok, this is what I meant by the "weight dropping off" thing that wasn't happening. And I'm down 11 from the (unreported) high in January, which if memory serves was a bump-up after my first weigh-in. I do feel like I'm on my way! :D

So -- low carbs, 10,000 steps a day and lots of hot yoga seems to actually work -- imagine that! Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah! :cb: :cb:

I am very encouraged. I'm going to scoot out for a walk around the mild and drizzly harbour before long. Yoga at lunchtime and then another little walk later to meet my sisters for a drink.

Have a fabulous day, Queenlies!

Amarantha2
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Woot! Queen Arabella! Congratulations on the new two down making three in a week & 11 since the January high!

Love love love this happy news!!! Needed to be cheered up this morning in general & the progress of a fellow royal of long acquaintance on the journey really heartens moi.

Such good work, Wood Nymph.

Amarantha2
03-15-2013, 09:08 AM
For the first time ever I made no resolutions this year but am adding one to reach the 120s & maintain some range in there on an ongoing basis. At that point I think I'll do better at organizing the rest of my life.

Arabella
03-15-2013, 03:59 PM
All continues well here. Step-step-steppin' and lots of yoga. Four times this week and tomorrow will make five. My one little complaint is that I wish the classes were a bit less challenging but ... I guess that'll happen.

Amarantha, thanks so much for the joy-sharing! :D Much appreciated!

I love your new profile pic. It's pretty much how I picture you, although sometimes I see you with shorter hair.

Friday night coming on here. I've got low-carb veggie pizza ready to heat up and salad ready to toss together. Late season snow is coming down -- what my former editor used to call "silly snow" b/c it's so pointless given that spring is coming -- and I've got the fire on. DH is doing his little end-of-day meditation and then he'll come down and we'll have a glass or two of wine, which I allow myself on occasion.

Have a wonderful evening!

Amarantha2
03-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Thank YOU, Arabella, for letting us share your joy. Woot!

I do look a bit like the avatar. I used to have very short to almost no hair & wore hats a lot, but following my accident in 2010 & two arm surgeries, my hair began to grow, which it had not done for years. So it brings me a sense of power & renewal as I go through some sorrows, aging & change in my life in these years & I keep it long & very blonde lol.

The avatar represents Coventina to me, a water goddess, who (to me) symbolizes transformation, healing & letting go of that which does not support us.

Arabella
03-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Beautiful! Well, I still think you're related. :)

In fact, the evening devolved into an argument -- DH complaining that hot yoga was too expensive, not exactly trying to get me to give it up but just complaining. Well, I'm not giving it up. And also not going to let the argument continue. I guess arguments happen. Life is still good.

Winter wonderland out there again today but the sun's peeking through. I'm going for a goodly walk and then will go to yoga at 4 this aft.

Happy Saturday!

Amarantha2
03-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Arabella, glad you are determined on the hot yoga question lol. Yoga is very important. I should do more, although living in Arizona, I have enough heat so don't really think I'd want to do hot yoga, but I know people love it.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all royals who celebrate the day.

Begorra!

Amarantha2
03-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Status update: :carrot: Ah, well, lol! Sometimes you eat the bear (although I would never eat a bear) and sometimes the bear eats you.

BUT, to be even more Pollyannaish, every cloud has a silver lining.

The Happy Sunday Scale Project is kind of going my way (yay!). Last week was way down (for moi) to 130.2, this week up (1.6) to 131.8.

It was ever thus. The Aging Queenly Bod doth generally do an exploratory dip to a good low, then pop back up a bit the following week, although never ALL THE WAY up to the previous number.

Lol, happy with this, though, as the net loss from March 3 is .4 (average per week .2)!

Queen/Empress & Ceo o' Her Own Realm Am2 is still on the downward trail and near the portal into the 120s.

So we're good.

Next. Week!

wsw
03-20-2013, 08:57 AM
hi am2-congrats on weight loss over last couple of weeks! i, too, have been known to dip down one week, and then may be up a tad the following week, but averaging a loss over those couple of weeks. definitely seems to happen with me more now than it did in my younger days. you are doing great, empress! your hard work and results continue to inspire me.

hi arabella, anagram, kaylets, and to all our dear royals!

last couple of times i thought i would be back more regularly, but they turned out to be false starts. hopefully, i can become more of a regular again now. was having lots of ms technical difficulties, and just recently, some computer ones too (which hopefully have been resolved.) not too consistent with food plan in past week, and that is changing (for the better) starting right now! had recently gotten lax, and that just won't do at all. back to tried and true basics for me. well, thinking of you all. take care.

Amarantha2
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Huzzah! Woke up on this glorious 1st Day of Spring with a new joy & feeling that I am cutting loose finally from some things that were holding me back.

And was so happy to see that Wsw is in the palace! Woot, hello, Wsw! Hope the technical difficulties abate with spring & sending good vibes.

Glad thy royal computer be better as well.

Love thy back to basics attitude. I have been on that path this week as well, doing the basic things I know work for my royal self in diet, fitness, building a career back up, and knowing who my friends &/or well wishers are & are not, which is important for me to remember to do.

Among those friends I number the scale, which I unofficially hopped on in honor of the Vernal Equinox today & it was good. The goal is to keep it good for the official Sunday weigh-in.

Greetings to Arabella, Wildfire, Anagram, Kaylets, & all our Royal Comrades past, present & future! Huzzah!

Amarantha2
03-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks to the invocation to Coventina made by Queen/Empress/CEO of Her Own Universe Am2, there have been some shifts in emotional health going on and attitude towards weight! :carrot:

Weight is still important in the Am2 Empire, very important. Have had some non-weight related issues, including being busier career wise but that is temporary for now, and guess WHAT? Realized not for the first time that there ARE no non-weight-related issues. Am2 is just too ancient (well, not TOO ancient) a queen to put on any extra weight and her creaking knees REALLY want to be and stay in the 120s.

So ...

Unofficial weigh-in here on the first day after the first day of spring and Queen Am2 is counting as the official one this week, due to some schedule shifts, so is down to where she was the previous week and will be making that her ticker weight (130.2).

She considers this being in the 120s lol. So YAY SHE IS THERE! She also considers it her GOAL to be in the 120s, so YAY SHE IS THERE!

Verily, though, she will keep the same cute ticker until she ambles on down to 125, which is not so much a goal anymore as a nice royal place to hang out in the 120s.

SO VERILY THE NEW THING IS THUSLY:

Going to start a new thing, a Saturday weigh-in, and a focus on maintaining a RANGE of weight anywhere in the 120s. The next weigh in will be on Saturday, March 30.

Arabella
03-22-2013, 07:16 AM
:snowglo: Guess what? We're socked in with the second snowstorm of this week, which began with two days of arctic cold. Spring? In theory. On FB, someone had said something about spring in New England, seeing daffodils for sale next to firewood. Here, you'd have to add snow shovels to the display. Bah!

I'm well on my way to completing my third week of five hot yoga classes per. I find I'm sometimes very tired after class but feel recovered by the next day. I guess the thing to do is to go late in the day when feasible. Although my plan eventually is to get up and walk over for the 6:15 a.m. class, thus getting in yoga and most of my steps before 8 o'clock. It's a good way to start the day, once one can do it without having it leave one too much of a wreck to adequately address all subsequent activities.

WSW, I do declare that there is no such thing as a false start -- all starts are progressions. :yes:

Amarantha, yay for joy and yay for YAY! You are there! For truly, 130.2 is in the 120s or might as well be. :cb: :cb:

Continuing on all fronts here. I'm not sure whether I'll brave the blizzard or haul out my mini :trampo: and walk/jog while I watch Supernatural on TV. I'm a firm believer in the benefits of fresh air but ... :dz:

Have a great day, Queenlies!

Amarantha2
03-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Congratulations on the yoga challenge sucess, Arabella. Woot, good plan for later to do steps & yoga early eventually.

I find if I don't get a good chunk of the steps done early, It is much harder to finish the quota. Weights are the same.

Sorry about your snowstorm. Hope you do have daffodils.

Thanks for understanding how my weight of 130.2 really IS virtually in the 120s lol. I am mentally there & have 9 days to the first Saturday weigh-in on March 30 to lock it all up.

Doing a little Hippity Hop to the Day Before Easter (March 30) Challenge to limit candy, which recently I have been eating as long as it is wheat free, to no more than THREE snack size bars of dark chocolate, although eating any of those teeny bars is NOT mandatory. No other candy can be eaten in this challenge.

Thinking of our royal friends & wishing them the best as they quest hither & yon.

Amarantha2
03-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Well, had to pitch the chocolates after all lol. Ended up in a trigger state of 2500 calories or so.

Eating out twice this weekend but intend to stay on track anyhow.

Woot! Huzzah to all royals!

Arabella
03-23-2013, 01:06 PM
I have now gone to hot yoga five times each of the past three weeks and also gotten my 10,000 steps just about every day. 'Tis a cause for mighty huzzahing! :cb: :cb:

I tried on a pair of jeans that had been too tight to wear this a.m. feeling silly for trying them on right after yoga, when things are always tighter b/c my muscles are pumped up. Anyway, they were comfy. My pants that were serving up muffin tops are no longer doing so.

That said, including huzzahing, I made a frozen lemon Pavlova for a dinner party tonight and I expect I will have a piece. Will be spectacular, esp. if it has sufficient time to freeze, which I think it will b/c my freezer is very cold.

Amarantha, I do have daffodils -- but they're from the annual Cancer Society sale. Not even crocuses brave enough to bloom yet here.

Re: early steps -- I have the same experience. Nevertheless, I didn't manage to do more than go to yoga and make the Pavlova yet today... Will walk, though, in any case. I don't have anything else that absolutely must be done for a few hours.

Hope all :queen:ly folk are enjoying their Saturday. Let's make it a good one!

Amarantha2
03-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Huzzah on the jeans victory & getting in the hot yoga & steps, Arabella! Woot, you are doing great!

I am quite lazy today & happy as the breakfast meal at restaurant did not happen. I am glad because I just want to stay home & get steps in around my property & neighborhood & to be honest, lie on the couch.

A frozen lemon pavlova sounds wonderful. I have never had pavlova, but know what it is. Did not know it was ever made frozen. I love lemon, think I would love such a dessert.

Greetings to all our lovely & intelligent royal comrades.

Arabella
03-24-2013, 12:33 PM
A lazy Sunday sounds lovey, Amarantha -- enjoy!

The Pavlova was great, pretty easy to make and elicited the usual rapturous response.

I calculated it at 3 T. sugar per slice, with the rest of the calories coming from egg and whipping cream, total calories per slice at 271. Not bad at all for such a spectacular dessert. I left the remainders with SIL though, b/c one could eat a lot of it.

I ended up with a 10,000 step walk to finish my requirement. It was a late night -- for us -- and a bit of a novelty to be out there so late. The sky was pretty, drifts of white clouds against midnight blue with some stars twinkling here and there.

We did our Sunday walk this a.m. and had our Sunday brunch. Now off to yoga :yoga:

Huzzah!

wsw
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
am2-kudos on cutting loose from some things that were holding you back! that certainly inspires me to try harder in that area.

"YAY SHE IS THERE!" loved reading those words, empress! huzzah!!!!!! and woot, woot!!! :) :)

arabella-i bet you are sick of snow by now. congrats on reaching third week of five hot yoga classes per week challenge, and your daily 10,000 steps. impressive! --as is your fitting in to those jeans comfortably. your beautiful description of the sky you observed last night made me smile. the lemon pavlova you made sounded yummy. sadly, i am not a cook, but i appreciate those who are talented in that area.

---and hi kaylets, wildfire, anagram, and all our lovely royals!

it was cold and rainy here today, but didn't need to go out, so can't complain at all. watched some old movies had not seen in a while, and really enjoyed that. i am back in the saddle again, food-and-exercise-wise, and feeling much better about that. i was a little concerned since out for lunch yesterday, but stayed op at reastaurant too. a busy couple of weeks are coming up, so need to remain vigilant with planning out, and writing down, my food so that i don't use my schedule as an excuse to go haywire. well, i hope a pleasant remainder of the weekend will be had by all our queendom.

anagramredux
03-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Well, Fresh Start Monday for me, although it's mostly been Fresh Start, Monday, Tuesday, etc for me. Saturday I felt the best I have for months which should be an inspiration. Sunday not bad either but did not sleep well last night so am not yet a happy person today.

But I will be because I have read the Queenly Inspirations and they have had their usual "UP" effect.

Liked your chocolate plan, Empress. I had started a similar one w/jelly beans but it was a disaster. So no jelly beans until Easter and then hopefully not "three bags full".

We're having snow again today as well but it's looking like it won't be a devastating one. All this winter (and I'm grateful) our snows have been very light and disappear quite easily. Nonetheless I'm not venturing out as my tai chi class has been cancelled and I hope to get in a nap at some point. Hopefully a short one - just enough so I don't end up taking a long one by default later in the day.

I totally agree you are in the 120's Empress and I too love your various walks, Wood Nymph. I got in one good walk this week with the walking stix. Doing the PT exercising well enough but that doesn't use up the calories as well. Just need to do them to keep moving.

Well, back to watching snow and doing odds and ends. No big plans for me at this point. Just slow and steady .... hopefully.

Amarantha2
03-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Woot! Wood Nymph, that is a very sensible calorie count, indeed, for something that sounds so delicious. I am going to make something lemon for Easter, I think.

Love seeing all the posties from everyone and that Wsw & Anagramredux (that has such a lyrical ring, Anagram, love the new name) are in the house.

For me, today, this is a flyby postie as need to get back to walking today's steps, having a quick break.

Had a great eating day yesterday, was a busy, emotional day for me, today may be the same. Just dealing with some things, not really working per se. Meant to be a lazy Sunday but kind of didn't turn out that way, yet was proud of how I handled eating and exercise.

May be finally getting it that this health and weight journey are all about me and I am mandated not to be sidetracked by emotions, circumstances or even other humans, though I may love them well in some cases or not love them well in others.

I've got to love ME, too, and that means I want to live in the 120s henceforth and stay wheat free lol.

Have been preplanning for these kinds of days recently and the night before I have been plugging my planned restaurant lunches in the tracker, plus I carry a protein shake in a little cooler in case I get hungry and have any evil ideas about stopping for a candy bar or something.

Huzzah, Royals! LETTITH IT BE MONDAY! :wave:

Amarantha2
03-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Unofficially at 129, but it could change by the official Saturday weigh-in. We'll see.

Arabella
03-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Amarantha, that's fantastic! :cb: :cb:

Frantic fly-by here. Dress rehearsal is tonight and if I don't get through the last of the month's work today I'll have to find a way to work tomorrow, despite a final practice, friends to dinner and the performance. It's been a carrrazzzy week. Worked until 9 the last two nights. Have been getting my steps and getting to yoga though. I did have a run-in with Beanitos yesterday, but that's been the only issue.

In the good news category, I went closet shopping and found that tops I'd bought second-hand before Christmas that didn't fit now do. I must be verging into "down a size" territory. Huzzah!

Amarantha2
03-29-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Arabella, re the 129! Hoping to make that official tomorrow but honestly haven't been on scale for a number of days so don't know if I'm quite there officially yet.

Hope your performance went well and you did not have to work today.

I love Beanitos, haven't had any for a while, sort of replaced them with Mary's Gone Gluten Free Crackers, so yummy with Laughing Cow Light Cheese.

Arabella, congrats on the tops fitting also and that verge into "down a size" territory.

LOVE that territory! Woot!

I had a frankly awful day yesterday, which is a long story I am not going to share, lol, but really pleased to have stayed steady on calories and yesterday and today are in the 1600s.

Tomorrow is my first official Saturday weigh-in and sometimes I wonder why I get such a charge out of a thrilling weigh-in day saga lol. But I do hope it will be 129 or less!

Thinking fondly of all our friendly royals and wishing all royals well.

Toddling off to couch, been fixing computer most of the day.

Amarantha2
03-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Lol, well, some might say I am having another bad day but I don't see it that way (rhymes lol).

The weight, as I did NOT predict, popped up again & I gained 1.6 from the official weigh day last week (Thursday). So the unofficial 129 is history for a little bit, but not long.

The nice thing about this is I had an astounding inch loss in the nine days of an overall 2.75. Things are fitting right now that haven't fit for two years.

So am good and have reset my goals, realizing that 125 ISN'T the weight I want to settle down in for life. I want a loss to 120 and a wide range of what I find acceptible for my body's comfort of 120-129.

I WOULD LIKE to lose that 11.8 pounds to 120 OFFICIALLY (no more unofficial weight data in my queendom. It skews the elegance of the calculations) by or on June 22, 2013, the Saturday following the Summer Solstice.

So I created a new ticker and the beat goes on!

Hoppy Easter to all! Woot!

Amarantha2
03-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Hoppy Easter, royal friends! Woot! :wave:

Amarantha2
04-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Invoking my new favorite goddess of water, wells, transformations, Coventina & discussing with myself the frustrations latterly felt over stupid things, I decided to break my own rule this time and do YET ANOTHER OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN two days following the official weekly one. This is a departure from my principles but is in honor of flowing with change as water flows through the countryside (or so we always hope in Arizona) and it is in honor of Coventina and also the Gloriously Fun Spring Holiday Known as April Fool's Day.

BUT TIS NO JOKE, LOST .2 POUNDS AND SINCE THIS IS AN EXTRA BUT OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN, I CHANGED MY TICKER AND RECORDED THE WEIGHT EVERYWHERE I RECORD WEIGHT.

Needed that little boost.

Next official weigh-in is the regular Saturday one coming up at the end of this week.

wsw
04-02-2013, 11:59 AM
anagramredux-glad to hear you had a good day recently in which you felt the best you had in months. i know how those days can be few and far between. hope you have lots more of them. good for you for keeping up pt exercising. also understand about having to do them just to keep moving.

amarantha2-great pre-planning with having a protein shake with you in case needed. i used to carry a protein bar in my purse, which helped me to not stop at store instead for
"emergency candy." i need to start doing that again, in fact.

huzzah on staying steady with calories when had an awful day recently! and on .2 down!

arabella-hope your performance went well, and things have settled down after your recent very long work hours. huzzah on verging in to "down a size" territory!

have been staying op with with food and exercising this past week. the scale sure isn't reflecting that, but at least i know i am doing my best again, and that part feels good. need to get out and about for some appointments and errands. thinking of all our dear royals, one and all.

Amarantha2
04-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Lol, Wsw, I remember the days of "emergency candy" before I discovered protein shakes. I am reducing their use now but still depend on them for a protein boost. I am now making sure to use ones that are gluten free.

I am reading & enjoying the South Beach Diet Gluten Solution, which is much less fad diet & much more good explanation of gluten avoidance benefits.

Have to sleep now, royal ones.

Amarantha2
04-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Ahoy all royals, would love to share that her royal self has finally hit the 120s on the official weigh-in day. There will be no going back as Am the Queen, Empress & CEO of her own world is weary of the 130s! There will be no rebound this week!

Amarantha2
04-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Hmmm, just a fly-bye, apropos of nothing! Woot! Hope all royals are well. :wave:

wsw
04-10-2013, 06:00 PM
congratulations, empress!!!! :) what wonderful royal news that you hit the 120s on your official weigh-in day!! woot! all your contsant hard work sure is paying off.

i had a very long, busy day, so am a bit bleary-eyed, but wanted to check in at least. a little bit higher cal count today than i needed, but not terrible either. really have been staying on track food and exercise-wise, quite well for most part. pollen is getting to me big time, plus lots of wasps flying around outside and am hoping not to have get too up close and personal with one. well, i am going to take an antihistamine, and curl up on the royal couch. greetings to all dear queenlies. take care, all.

Amarantha2
04-12-2013, 02:58 AM
Woot, thank you kindly for the congrats, Wsw!!!! T'is great to see ye! Congrats on staying on track with food & exercise! Hope the pollen stops bothering you soon.

I've been trekking through a royal rough patch in some ways but also am on track food & exercise wise. Just took an extra (safe) walk in the lovely night & it really increased my daily step count & helped my head as well.

Hope all royals near & far, have a good weekend. :wave:

Amarantha2
04-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Huzzah all royals! Ended eating day at 1250!

Will be working a part-time job through the first week in May starting next week, then we will see. Determined to still get the steps in daily & stay on this lower calorie cycle.

Will be back with quick post about the weigh-in.

Amarantha2
04-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Well, okay, a royal "WOOT!" arises from Am2, Empress/Queen/CEO of Her Universe! She DID this morning stroll on down to the Sacred Grotto o' the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice & DID, accompanied by her friends Diet Wise Woman & the Exercise Elf & some others, hop on the machine and it did vouchsafe to her the WAY HAPPY NUMBER o' 126.4, which beith a nice loss o' 3.4 pounds, well within her stated legal range o' weight from 120-129. She is not even THINKING about gaining any of that back next week but if she does she'll still be in the range. Meanwhile the initiative goes on to actually REACH 120.

'Bout covers it!

wsw
04-13-2013, 08:18 PM
congrats on that marvelous weight loss, empress!!! royal woot woot!!! you are doing so great, and you are truly inspiring me.

wishing you well on part-time job you will be starting next week!

op food and exercise-wise. the pollen here is still very intense, and everything outside is just pretty much covered in green, so all my exercise needs to stay only indoors for a while. my condo still has not sold and that is giving me a big headache. theoretically, now there are a couple people interested but nothing in writing, so not too hopeful yet at this point. well, need to get moving and take care of a few things. hope a good weekend is being had by one and all.

Amarantha2
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the congrats, Wsw! Much appreciated!

Sending good condo selling vibes your way as well as pollen cessation vibes. I used to have a lot of such allergies (lots of flora here in AZ thus time of year). Oddly, going wheat free has helped. Strange.

I am working this week, a lot of my online friends & also neighbors here at home can't tell I am working because I do so much of it from my office lol. Meetings & driving begin soon.

This should run to the first week in May, then I don't know.

I'm good, whatever.

Hope every royal is well.

So sad for Boston.

wsw
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
i, too, am sad for boston.

hope work is going well, am2.

no cessation in pollen here yet. am sticking to food and exercise plan. thinking of all our royals, near and far.

wsw
04-19-2013, 11:31 AM
hi royals! just checking in to say thinking of all in and around the palace. catching up on some backlog paperwork, which is always a dreaded task for me, but pleased that i am chipping away at it. hanging in there op/exercise-wise, which has not been that easy for me last couple of days. sometimes just hanging on by a dainty fingernail is a noble endeavor.

condo is giving me lots of headaches. people who have looked at it have broken a couple of things in past couple of weeks, and once again am having to meet a handyman there next week to have repaired. soooo aggravating! anyhoo, need to get back to my tasks, and a couple of appointments coming up this afternoon. take care, all.

wsw
04-20-2013, 06:41 AM
woke up way too early this morning, unintentionally, so already dragging. a lot to accomplish today, though, so onward and upward. power went out here due to a bad storm for a few hours last night. sure was glad i had my flashlights in handy place, and that my cell had some battery life in it, so could read and listen to music, even if in the dark otherwise. sure was grateful though when those lights came back on!
i am not going to use my being sleepy today as an excuse for overeating. period. well, hope a pleasant weekend will be had by all royals, in and around the palace. :)

Amarantha2
04-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Huzzah, wsw, I love your attitude about slogging through the paperwork and also not letting being sleepy today be an overeating excuse.

I am in similar mode! With you on this!

Thinking of all our royals near and far, lurking or wandering the world, t'is all good!

Amarantha2
04-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Huzzah to MOI! Yay, hurray, and though I am in a hurry, I must SAY! I did gain a pound but that's OK as TODAY for the second week I am within my GOAL ZONE, the range of weight I intend to stay at forever 'cause t'is SO nice here, the HAPPY 120s, not too thin, not too large, just right for ME! Whee! My chosen weight maintenance level is a range from 120-129, no more angst 'cause I AM HERE!

Very happy to see this, actually, as returned (temporarily) to a previous job contract and had not actually been working at all for a while and was really worried the schedule changes and the angst of it all would derail me from the 120s and render last week's larger-than-usual drop null & void and put me back into a weight decade that was fine (130s) but that I was no longer wanting to be in!

So congratulations to me, Queen/Empress/CEO Am2! Happy Weigh-In Day to Moi!

And I do need to work and stay off the internet following the victory brunch!

I am in the GOAL ZONE now!

wsw
04-20-2013, 03:11 PM
congratulations, amarantha2, for being, and staying, in your goal zone!! huzzah, yay, and hurray big time!!! --and for not letting new work schedule change derail you. well done, empress, well done! :)

wsw
04-21-2013, 10:51 AM
gorgeous out today! still taking care of necessary home chores and tasks but will also get out soon and enjoy the marvelous weather.

plan to stay op and do exercise today no matter what. so far, so good. have a pleasant remainder of your weekend, dear queenlies. take care, all.

Amarantha2
04-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Well, worked at home all weekend & there is some calorie creep going on! Lol, intention firm to bring those down. After three weigh-ins in the 120s, I don't want any trouble on the scale come Saturday!

Have been struggling to get the steps in but intent is firm to keep it up as it has helped on so many levels!

Calories today 2115. Dialing that down tomorrow but was satisfying & wheat & gluten free, so yay!

Wsw, thanks for the congrats, much appreciated!

So glad you are making time to get out in the beautiful weather! Enjoy your week!

Amarantha2
04-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Schedule messed up lol. Will be doing my weigh-ins on Sundays again! Thinking of all royals & hope all well. I'll post on Sunday.

Amarantha2
04-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Weight 125, lost 2.4! News. Flash.

It is time for a spring challenge and a helper comes to mind that Am2 hath invoked. :carrot:

In some traditions, Flora, Queen of the May, symbolically does battle for dominance each year with the Queen of Winter. Flora always loses but comes back next year so it is all good. :hug:

Celebrated in various ways around the first of May, this epic involves a metamorphosis for the queen from flowery youth to wise & powerful mother crone and such a complex transformation is beyond the scope of this fun HEALTHY WEIGHT MAINTENANCE & LIFESTYLE CHALLENGE Am2 hath pledged her amazing 125-pound self to. (Sorry for the self-congratulation, pretty happy with my weight management self right now lol. :devil: )

Having been beset with a cycle of sadness & angst & stress & joy & excitement of diverse life & weight management & fitness kinds for a long, long time, Am2 hath reached a former goal that is now the center of her weight maintenance range of 120-129 glorious pounds. :dizzy:

She is now firmly in the 120s & has been for 22 days. She likes the territory and intends to reign here henceforth.

So for fun she has invoked the FLORA CHALLENGE, in honor of the aforementioned questing and metamorphosing Queen Flora. :D This runs from April 28 to May 26 & has ONLY ONE RULE: Maintain in the 120s and TRY BUT NOT BE REQUIRED TO reach the low point of that maintenance range: 120!

A sub goal is to spend that time taking care of herself, working, resting, eating, fighting the good fight (whatever good fights have to be fought) and remain healthy, happy, strong & brave and NEVER give up on being herself, proud of who she really is, royal to the core & the true queen of her happy, healthy life. ;)

Merry. Meet. THAT. Happy. Spring.

wsw
05-01-2013, 06:56 PM
am2- congratulations on your marvelous weight loss. that certainly is a wonderful and noteworthy news flash and accomplishment!! i bet you are happy with your weight
management self, empress, as you so richly derserve!!!!! liked hearing about your spring flora challenge. i know i sound like a broken record, but you truly do inspire me!

i am trying to concentrate on small weight losses at a time, since i am verrry far away from a fighting weight, but i am sticking with it. i got bronchitis last week, so physically zapped. have not been using this as an excuse to go off food plan, though!

well, thinking of all in and around royal kingdom.

Amarantha2
05-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks, Wsw!!! You truly have inspired me for years & I appreciate your congrats!

I think we all need acknowledgement along our weight management & life journey & congrats on our victories & hugs on the battles that still rage.

Concentrating on small weight losses is what I do, too, since I lose very slowly & gain quickly if I should so much THINK if rebounding.

Congrats to you for sticking with the journey & also not using illness as a reason to go off plan. Woot! Feel better!

Thinking of all in & around the royal realm.

Amarantha2
05-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Wootness, down .4! Yesterday was also a recent record of 18,000 steps, not too sure I will do that much on a regular basis but sure loving my step counting program.

Huzzah to Wsw & all our royal friends! Woot!

Amarantha2
05-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Just a royal howdy to all our royal friends out and about or lurking! It is a glorious day.

I have been ill, much better now! :wave:

Amarantha2
05-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Huzzah, just another bump of the thread to say hello to any passing royals!

wsw
05-11-2013, 06:32 PM
congrats on recent weight loss and those 18,000 steps, empress! woot!!

still hanging in there, but last couple of days, had more cals than usual-not crazy amount, but need to decrease cals tomorrow to the usual, and be more vigilant. still really zapped from bronchitis but started feeling better today.

Amarantha2
05-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks, Wsw! Congrats on hanging in, glad you feel better today.

I gained .6 but am 125.2 which is within my maintenance range so am happy. Had a bad week but this one will be better!

wsw
05-14-2013, 07:33 PM
wow, am2, it must feel great to be staying within your maintenance range!!! hope i can say that one day. i will keep working hard at it and make it so. thanks, i'm glad to be feeling better.

had my regular yearly physical yesterday, and had been feeling discouraged because losing so slowly, but my doc reminded me that i had lost 30lbs in this past year+, which she and the nurse who weighed me thought was terrific. it was nice to hear that. still haven't been able to get back to full regular exercise routine yet, but doc also reminded me that i will be able to soon, and that what i am doing now is good. she definitely gave me some much needed perspective all the way around.

condo situation continuing to stress me out big time. still not sure if it will even close in a couple of weeks, or if at all. i need a vacation. i was cleaning out my purse today, and found a gift certificate for a massage that i haven't used yet. i need to make an appointment for this a.s.a.p.

so gorgeous out today. was grateful i got the chance to be out and about to enjoy it. well, thinking of all our dear royals, and hoping a good evening will be had by all.

Amarantha2
05-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Wsw, that is good news about getting that perspective of having lost 30 pounds in this past year+! Wow, the doc & nurse were right, that is really a fantastic, healthy weight loss. Congratulations! And glad the doc was able to remind you of how well you are doing and how you will be able to get back to your full routine soon! Woot! :wave:

I am up early to exercise as working today and really the rest of the week.

Thinking of all royals and hope everyone has a great day.

wsw
05-15-2013, 09:52 AM
thanks, amarantha! :) hope your work day and week go well, and happy exercising!

hope everyone has a good morning, and a good day. have a lot to take care of today, so better get a move on. take care, queelies.

Amarantha2
05-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks, Wsw! Hope you got everything done you wanted to take care of and that you have a great weekend ahead.

Amarantha2
05-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Exact maintain from last week and feeling great about that!

Have a good day, all royals! :wave:

Arabella
05-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Good morning, Royal Ones! Where did I go? I was in the weeds. The whole thing came to a head last week. I started out feeling great but then was visited by self-doubts. Although I'd renewed my commitment to eating only at the table when alone (other than fruits and veggies), I let myself eat on the couch, with the result that I cycled between anxiety and depression until I got a grip again on Friday, having realized I was making myself completely miserable. I kept having the thought "I'm trying to numb out instead of feeling, trying to kill myself, slowly and painfully." And pulled myself out of it. It's so automatic -- if I eat on the couch watching TV, control flies out the window. Embarrassing but true. And then the whole nasty thing plays out.

Also had stopped weighing myself months back. For the sake of accountability, I've committed to reporting on weigh-in to DH each Monday. Not what I weigh but change each week. It was my idea. It'll help that childish feeling that what I eat when no one sees doesn't count. Weighed in this morning up 1.2 from tracker. I expect I'd been several pounds below tracker though at some point while I'd ceased to weigh in. Onward!

So. The plan is the same -- 5X a week hot yoga and 10,000 steps a day. Eating (other than fruit and veg) only at the table when alone. Aiming for 3 fruits, five veg a day (more veg less fruit OK), lowish carb.

I've been doing pretty well with yoga and steps, which is probably why I didn't gain a bunch of weight. One thing that surprised me is that my summer clothes fit ok -- I guess I was fatter last summer than I realized. :dz:

WSW, I hope the condo closes soon, soon, soon! And big congratulations to you for losing #30 in the past year+. That's fantastic! :cp: :cp:

Hope you're feeling better!

Amarantha, fabulous, fabulous maintenance right in your target zone! Huzzah!!! 18,000 steps is a lot o' steppin' too.

Kind of tired. I think I'll relax on the couch with a nice ... bunch of carrot sticks. :carrot: :carrot:

Amarantha2
05-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Woot! Arabella, it is SO good to see you back in the palace! Loved reading your insights & your plan!

One of the reasons I think I am so enamored of talking about my journey online (although I am trying to do less of that for various reasons) is that no one in my personal life wants to focus much on weight management & fitness so they feel I should not talk to them about it lol. Your plan of being accountable to your DH seems really great!

Huzzah to Wsw! How are things going?

For me, just treading water right now. I'm working this morning but then I think not until middle of first week in June, & possibly not after that, depending on some political flux. This is going to get me back in a stress free eating zone for a while. I want to focus on my maintenance project & feeling better all around & am doing one of my fun challenges from after my weigh in on the 26th to weigh in on June 30. That is 4th of July week & I am dedicating this litte challenge "season" to all the decades of working on the 4th of July & loved it (I was a reporter) & was never during those days at a weight I wanted to be on those happy holiday assignments so I now want to dedicate this year to staying within my happy maintenance range & doing it stress free.

Amarantha2
05-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Woot, dear Queenly personages!

Hope all are well!

I've been planning my July Jubilee Maintenance Challenge and crowned myself Queen of the July Jubilee. The challenge is to, er, maintain my range (120-129) from May 26 (tomorrow) to June 30 (July 4th week). It is, well, kind of boring. It is in honor of all the fun 4th of Julys I have had, and my love of family, friends and country and my dedication to wearing little capris pants that fit and how I slaved for two decades to be in this nice maintenance range (I've actually been lower but I think this is the range I will stick at FOREVER 'cause I'm TIRED of buying new clothes).

So, I'll post my weight tomorrow but as far as I'm concerned it's the 4th of July.

Thanks for listening.

Arabella
05-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Good Sunday morning to all you best and most beautiful of :queen:lies! I am feeling so much better. So far, WI has been down .6 from last Monday but still hoping for a whoosh for official WI tomorrow. Thought I might get it this a.m. but then realized that we ate dinner quite late last night.

Had SIL and BIL for dinner, quite a nice evening. I made a buttermilk dressing dip and served a rainbow of fresh veggies and some chips (I ate one small chip with the dip, just to see what it was like. Yummy. :) Served baked salmon with a lower-fat upscale version of tartar sauce, herbed vinaigrette potato salad, roasted beet slices with balsamic vinegar and roasted asparagus with garlic and diced portabellos. Then a sugar-free, wheat-free berry crisp with banana frozen yogurt (the whole batch sweetened with 2 T honey). Everything turned out beautifully and it was all healthy. :cp:

I still had a thousand steps left to take when they left and went out around a few blocks. It was such a lovely evening -- balmy and mysterious -- made me resolve to be outside at night more often.

Made it to yoga 4 times last week and got my 10k steps every day. :cp:

Amarantha, I did feel a little funny getting DH to be my accountability person b/c it makes him a bit of an authority figure but it's my choice and working toward my goal.

Happy Fourth of July to you! ;)

Love to all in the palace or on walkabout ... let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
05-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Woot, Arabella, congrats on the .6 down. Whether official or unofficial it is always fun to see those good numbers.

I did the weigh-in for the kick off of my maintenance range challenge and am (miraculously 'cause I had high cals all last week) down 1.4!

Ok, KNOW the scale is NOT supposed to make me happy or unhappy but it does improve my mood.

Happy Holiday to all who are celebrating this weekend (that includes me lol).

And Happy Monday to all others!

Arabella
05-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Amarantha, 1.4 is awesome! :woohoo:

Amarantha2
05-27-2013, 05:12 AM
Thanks, Arabella! It was a bit of a surprise as was expecting a gain or maintain & was okay with that, but the ol' royal bod has its own way of doing things so guess it was just time.

Arabella
05-27-2013, 06:27 AM
Drrrrrrumroll, please: First official Monday WI report -- -1.6. :cp: :cp:

That gets me to ticker, actually down .4 from ticker weight, even though it doesn't register. I am on track. :D

DH is off to Halifax. I decided to stay home this week to get to choir rehearsal and also b/c I felt like I needed the time for myself. I woke up 3ish and barely slept since but feel pretty much ok. I've had a lot more energy, which makes everything so much easier.

Amarantha, I think it's pretty understandable that the scale puts you in a good mood. After all, you waged that major battle and are SO victorious! :encore:

Busy busy week here -- last one of the month, plus I want to finish some writing to enter a literary contest by Friday. Feeling ok with deadlines, though, and have a plan for getting through stuff. I also feel quite safe with all my anti-binge measures in place, huzzah.

Amarantha2
05-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Woot! Congrats, Arabella, on the 1.6 down & being at ticker! This is great to see on a holiday Monday!!!! :wave: Huzzah!

I've been awake since 3 a.m., going out for gluten free ice cream & to meet a friend.

Have a good week, all queens!

Arabella
05-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Funny sync-up, both being awake 3ish. Some sort of disturbance in the force, i guess.

Not a holiday for me but just about might as well be b/c work apps aren't working and there doesn't seem to be anyone manning the help desk. :rolleyes:

Amarantha2
05-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Woot! Good morning all! I need to get out of bed, just very tired this morning, so much for holidays.

I had a sort of stressed out but oddly fun holiday dealing with issues in seeing old friends, one of which was my favorite DQ sundae lol. It is gluten free (although there can never be a guarantee in eating at a fast food place) & I had it twice in two days, handled the calories well, left some in the bowl & was not tempted to binge from the sugar later, nor will I want it again for a long time. This was a departure from how I used to be so is an NSV.

Calories for day 1699, 12,000+ steps. :wave:

Have a career related lunch in another town today & there will be nothing gluten free so probably won't eat anything as I am committed to GF but it can be difficult to implement. I saw a specialist recently about taking a blood test for celiac but am unwilling to start eating gluten again before hand. I am happy to just be called gluten sensitive lol. I do know I got very ill a few weeks ago when I ate two wheat based donuts so I believe that gluten sensitivity is a good way to explain it.

Arabella
05-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Day 8, I guess? Yesterday I was visited by a horde of stress-producing glitches and a freelancer that just was not getting the concept of what he was writing. I started out feeling so good and even after the issues started I was telling myself that I would not be derailed. And I wasn't, not completely. I ate more than I needed but only in the approved manner and mostly fruit and veg.

But what a terrible mood I ended up with! I went to rehearsal, which made me feel a little better, and then walked an extra 1000 steps to get in more walking before bed in the hopes of soothing.

The issues are just starting to ease up, here at the end of the day, but I'll have to work longer to get things done that I would have finished earlier. Anyway. It'll be good to finish stuff and then ... tomorrow will be a new day.

I haven't walked yet and am heading out the door ... NOW.

Arabella
06-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Second official WI has me down .8, enough to move my ticker, huzzah. :cb: :cb:

I can do better, though -- only got to yoga twice last week, due to a combo of the last days of the month and a fluish ailment. Life begins again, however, and it is sweet. :)

I'm just heading out for a morning walk. I've got carpenters coming today, replacing windows on the ground floor and in the basement. It will be fantastic to be able to open the basement windows easily to air it out and to get breezes blowing right through the ground floor on warm days.

I'm moving my computer up to the desk upstairs -- we don't heat the upstairs, other than on especially frigid winter nights -- so I work downstairs until it's warm enough up there.

Planning to go to a lunchtime hot yoga class and then ce soir I have choir practice. On we go!

Yo, :queen:lies! Hope all are well and all is well. :)

Amarantha2
06-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Congrats on your ticker victory & the great weigh-in, Arabella! Woot!

I am still around but no longer doing ticker updates or daily posts anywhere for a while. Have been maintaining well in my range around 125.2, kind of realizing a lot of things I have learned on this long long long journey are no longer relevant to me but that maintaining from 120-129, caring about people who care about me, working, and exercising will always matter to me.

To any along the path I have left behind, please know I will always be in the palace more or less & definitely will be posting here again at some point when work & some other things lighten up.

Woot to all royals. Enjoy life. Be light. Forgive & care about each other. Huzzah.

Arabella
06-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Third WI report has me down 1.6 for a total of 4 pounds in 3 weeks. I'd like faster better but will take it. I'm actually into the next decade but need to be down .4 more to have it register on the ticker.

Made it to yoga four times last week and had an average of over 10,000 steps a day although I didn't hit the target on Friday. Food was good. I did have a piece of a spectacular hazelnut-chocolate meringue cake I made for a friend's birthday party. And over the weekend, I had a few nibbles while cooking and etc. That foolishness stops here and now b/c I know where that slippery slope winds up. :yes:

In any case, I will have DH awaiting weekly report again next week, which is just that much more motivation and also means that I won't be able to stop weighing in and end up lost again. Thank goodness!

We had an awful weekend, cold and windy and torrentially rainy on Saturday, grey and cold yesterday. So much easier to feel good when the weather's better, which it is today. I think I'll get my sheets and nightie into the laundry for a bedtime treat for myself, a bed that smells like heaven.

Amarantha, thanks for reassuring that you'll be around. May you remember we walk with you where you travel.

Big day today. Work, plus have to (possibly) submit a video for a virtual choir. Live choir practice tonight, 45 mins away. Plus, of course, yoga and walking. On we go!

Love to all, in the Palace or on walkabout. Let's make this a good one!

wsw
06-11-2013, 08:36 PM
arabella-congrats on your weight loss in the past 3 weeks!

amarantha2-will be thinking of you :) , whether in the palace or elsewhere.

and greetings to all our royals. have just been maintaining, not losing, but ok for now. my condo closing kept getting cancelled and rescheduled for a long time now. it finally closed at end of day. what a long, hard battle this has been. definitely relieved, and grateful that this very big weight has been lifted. had added calories to maintain, but not gain, and have kept up with exercising. am ready again to go back to lower cals and get on with losing.
bronchitis finally cleared up, and ready to get back in the saddle again. it is hot, hot, hot here---normal for this time of year, of course, but had gotten spoiled after having a mild spring. well, queenlies, i am thinking of you all, both in around the palace. take care.

Arabella
06-12-2013, 06:58 AM
WSW, congrats on the condo closing! :cheers:

Those things can be so stressful, especially when they drag on. So glad your bronchitis is gone, too, and well done on the maintenance front. Things are looking up, eh. :)

As for the heat ... my dear, if only I could take some of that burden. Our spring continues mostly cold, grey and damp.

Nevertheless, on we go. I've been listening to the Jon Gabriel audio when I go to bed every night and I think it makes a difference. Even if I do often sleep through most of it. :yawn:

wsw
06-12-2013, 08:16 PM
thanks, arabella! :)
when you mentioned the jon gabriel audio, it reminded me that i do much better when i listen to my meditation cd's regularly, and will get back in to doing that. also read about the gabriel method, and it sounds interesting. wish i could send you some of this excess heat. hope your weather improves soon.

did well on food plan and with exercise today. have a pleasant evening.

wsw
06-13-2013, 08:38 PM
severe storms earlier this evening, but right now there is a gorgeous sunset, which i am enjoying. went over cal count today, but not by much. need to be more vigilant tomorrow, though. hope all in and around the palace are having a pleasant evening.

wsw
06-14-2013, 04:32 AM
awake way too early this morning, but have lots of laundry to do, so thought i would seize the opportunity and do something productive at least. also, listened to a meditation cd and a guided visualization, which seems to have been helpful, so can't really complain about losing a bit of sleep.

it is also supposed to cool down today from the scorcher that was yesterday, and i am looking forward to that little reprieve.

planning to stick to my basic food and exercise program for today. simple is the word of the day for me today. well, queenlies, i am thinking of you all, and hoping that you will all have a good friday, and beginning of your weekends. take care, one and all. :)

Arabella
06-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Another pound gone, for five off in 4 weeks. Slow but steady, as seems to be the way it goes. The yoga/walking program is going well, although I've only made it to yoga 4 times a week instead of five.

DH and I are looking for a cottage for a week in July, hoping to get something on the ocean. Looking forward, hopefully, to a week of sun and swimming, lolling on the sand and reading. :crossed:

WSW, I'm finding the guided meditation helpful for falling asleep as well as having my head on straight. I've been waking up early lately too, though. Maybe it's a seasonal thing.

Hope all is well with all :queen:lies -- let's make this a good one!

wsw
06-23-2013, 10:40 AM
arabella-congrats on the pound down, and for the total!!
the idea of a cottage for a week by the ocean sounds so relaxing and delightful. that would be my idea of a wonderful vacation.

have been steadier and more consistent with food program and am pleased about that. i wish i could say it is not feeling very difficult to accomplish, but just happy that i am doing what needs to be done. had a nice day yesterday visiting with friends who brought over their delightful 2 and 4 year old children. it really was fun. well, off to do a couple errands. take care, dear royals, one and all.

Arabella
06-23-2013, 01:00 PM
WSW, 'tis ever thus -- harder to get established but super-easy to slide off-track. :dz:

We're going to put in our annuals today. We always seem to be late doing the switch-over from spring flowers. Kind of a minimal plan in mind, just a splash of color. What really needs to be done involves lots of digging. Noooooot going to happen today. ;)

Last peek at the scale had me the same as last week. Hoping for a whoosh for tomorrow, though. Walking and yoga all good but was perhaps just a little lax food-wise?

Hope all are having a lovely Sunday! :wave:

wsw
06-25-2013, 06:18 PM
so true, arabella. ah well.

hope putting in your annuals went well. though i have no garden of my own, i love fresh flowers. i think i would have fresh flowers in my apartment every day, if possible.

very wierd weather today-heavy rain immediately followed by sunshine, and happened several times today. at one point this afternoon, got stuck in a tea shop during one huge downpour so couldn't really complain too much.

still hanging on food plan-wise by one dainty fingernail, but at least hanging on. :) well, a good evening to all, in and around palace.

wsw
06-26-2013, 08:53 AM
have a lot to get accomplished today, but wanted to check in at palace before heading out this morning. breakfast was on target and glad i was able to start out day on food plan. also got in a bit of exercise. listened to a
good meditation cd this morning which also helps to start off my day in a positive way. thinking of all queenlies, whether near or far. :)

Arabella
06-26-2013, 11:59 AM
The tracker remains the same, this week, precisely where I was. I'm thinking some carb-cutting is coming up in my near future.

WSW, yes, fresh flowers are a great joy, aren't they. My "garden" doesn't really produce enough for more than a couple of bouquets. So far this year, though, I've managed to steal a couple of bouquets of lilacs and a couple of bouquets of lupines. :)

Weather's weird here too -- yesterday was hot and humid. I was dripping sweat after a fast walk around the harbour. Then later it was sunny and raining simultaneously, with thunder rolling. Almost too hot to sleep last night and today it's so cold that I'd turn the heat on if I wasn't so cussed.

Stuck in a tea shop through a downpour doesn't sound too awful ;)

LucyOlivia
06-28-2013, 06:29 PM
I have been out of this forum for so long owing to being without proper internet for five months! I have regained six pounds. Can I join this Royal Family?

wsw
06-29-2013, 08:31 PM
lucyolivia-welcome to our royal family! :)

and greetings, arabella! have also been thinking about some carb-cutting myself. hoping everyone is having a good weekend. have been sticking to food and exercise plan, although still continuing to feel like a major effort. ah well. as long as i am staying op, difficult or not, i am pleased. well, take care, royal personages one and all.

LucyOlivia
06-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Carb cutting sounds good, I just don't know how to do it without feeling exhausted. Plus, I have a chocolate fetish! That's probably why I gained weight...

wsw, just stay on plan and the more you do it, the less effort it will feel like you're having to make, right?

wsw
07-16-2013, 10:18 AM
arabella-hope tracker is where you want it to be, and all is well in your part of the palace.

lucyolivia-thanks for the encouragement!

the heat is on here, and stepping outside each time feels like walking in to a sauna. of course, this is just normal summer weather for here, but sometimes challenging, nonetheless. hanging in there with food plan and exercise.

greetings to all our our marvelous royals, in and around the palace. thinking of you all, whether near or far. take care, all.

wsw
07-17-2013, 09:27 AM
good morning, queenlies! hope all is well in and around the palace walls. another scorcher today, but lots of errands to be done, so will deal. so far so good this morning with food and exercise. thinking of you all. take care.

Arabella
07-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Good morning! Sorry for having been AWOL -- I got a new work computer and can't log in to the site from it. And then don't think of it at opportune times.

The weight loss continues, if slowly. 1.4 down on Monday, but I'd only lost .2 the week before and nothing the week before that.

WSW, I know what you mean about the heat! It gets frustrating trying to do stuff while a sweaty mess. We've had some very hot weather too. So hoping it holds out for next week -- DH and I have a shorefront cottage. I won't be online at all -- going to make it a retreat. :)

Had a killer hot yoga class yesterday so going to just walk today and hope to be recovered by tomorrow.

wsw
07-23-2013, 08:30 PM
congrats, arabella, on the continuing weight loss!!!!! i hope you and dh have a wonderful vacation at the shorefront! :)

hanging in with food and exercise program. trying to remember to listen to meditation cd's more regularly. even though they are so helpful for me, it's easy for me to "forget" to use them at times. ah well. hope a good evening is being had by all queens, both near and far.

wsw
07-26-2013, 09:51 AM
greetings, royals! checking in before heading out for a busy day. hanging in op food and exercise-wise. we got a little reprieve yesterday from the treacherous heat, and i appreciated, and enjoyed it big time. well, take care, all.

wsw
07-29-2013, 07:48 PM
good evening, queenlies one and all! have stayed
on plan with food and exercise, which feels good. still remains harder than at some times, but as long as i'm sticking with it, can't really complain. hoping all is well with all of our royals both near and far from the palace walls. take care.

wsw
07-30-2013, 07:39 PM
hi royals! did well op today, including making good choices in a restaurant (which is not always my strong suit.) still had a bit of reprieve from treacherous heat today, and very happy about that. well, take care, all. :)

Arabella
08-01-2013, 01:00 PM
:wave: Hi WSW!

I squoze off another .8 at Monday's WI. This hasn't been a great week so far, with dreaded end-of-month deadlines and - ahem - poor coping mechanisms. But anyway, back on track today and intending to stay there. Final rehearsal for Sunday's choral performance is tonight. There will be musicians joining us, which always makes it more exciting.

Oh you are SO right -- harder sometimes than others but as long as we keep headed in the right direction, we'll get there. :yes:

wsw
08-04-2013, 12:19 PM
congrats, arabella, on the weight loss! hope final rehearsal went well, and of course, the actual choral performance.

still feeling hard to stay op, but doing it, so no complaints. have a little cold this weekend, and trying to lay low so it doesn't turn in to more than that. have a busy week ahead with several appointments i can't really cancel, so need to be in "good working order." well, hope a good weekend is being had by all.

wsw
08-08-2013, 06:30 PM
still have a cold, and had to lay low all day yesterday but starting to feel a little better today. hanging in there op, and not using using "feed a cold" as an excuse to add cals, fortunately. a friend came over to visit today, which i enjoyed. well, hope a good evening is being had by all our dear queenlies.

wsw
08-12-2013, 11:59 AM
happy monday, royals! feeling better today, and starting to get some energy back. finally caught up on some tedious paperwork, which felt like a big accomplishment! remaining op, with food and exercise, which is feeling very good. well, thinking of all in and around the palace walls. take care.

Arabella
08-18-2013, 05:31 AM
Sunday in the Palace. :) I can't believe we're at mid-August already. The nights are cooler again, better for sleeping.

DH is here for a visit. Despite some DH/DS stress, the visit is going well. I've promised DGS a trip to NB this summer, so I may be driving over there for a few days within the next week or so to drive DS back. Which may take some negotiation with DH, b/c I'm supposed to be going to Halifax with him next week. Ah well, I'll work it all out.

I lost .4 last week, .1 short of being able to move the ticker. So slow, these years. At this rate, it'll take me a year to get to goal. Maybe the whoosh fairy will visit at some point?

This week has been good -- five hot yoga classes, careful with food, an average 10,000 steps per day. So hopefully tomorrow I'll at least get to move the ticker.

Clear and cool here. DH and I will walk around the harbour, parting ways at the yoga studio.

WSW, so glad you're feeling better! Life is so much easier when we feel well, eh. That energy helps a lot. :) Yay for finishing paperwork, too, blight on humanity that it is.

wsw
08-18-2013, 02:38 PM
yay, arabella, on weight loss for last week! :) and on your exercise. hope the rest of your weekend is pleasant.

gorgeous here today! had a lot of rain this summer, so very nice to see blue sky and sunshine today.

ate more than was necessary today--oops. definitely will be be more careful with cals tomorrow, and will be sensible for dinner tonight too. well, take care, all.

wsw
08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
gorgeous out today---what a treat. the last few days have definitely been successes with sticking to sensible food plan and exercise. well, queenlies, i am thinking of you all. have a good evening.

wsw
09-06-2013, 10:18 AM
hi royals! thinking of you, and hoping all is well with each and every one of you. :)

hanging in there pretty well op and exercise-wise. had a busy, but productive week, so feel good about that. have a few plans set for the weekend, which should prove to be pleasant. well, take care, all.

wsw
09-25-2013, 10:28 AM
hello, royals. just thought i would ive a quick post to say hi, and that i am hanging in op and exercise-wise. weight loss is verrrrrrry slow, but i know it will get there if i keep doing what is necessary. hope all is well with all of our dear queenlies, both near and far from the palace. take care.

Arabella
10-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Good morning and happy October!

WSW, I apologize for leaving you rattling around the palace on your own. It has been getting a mite echoey in here, has it not? Indeed, indeed, weight loss is slow but WTG for hanging in with good behaviour! :cp: :cp:

I've started a 30-day hot yoga challenge and decided to combine it with no-wheat, no-sugar, no-alcohol, 10000 steps and etc. challenge -- and to start a new 30-day challenge at the end of this one. :yes:

One week in now -- I was down 1.2 on Monday but had been up 2 the week before... but had been down 1.5 before that. At any rate, when you do the cipherin', I'm .2 under ticker.

I've been able to do some more closet shopping. I'm wearing blouses that were unwearable after Christmas last year. Even my underwear -- I've got a fuschia set and a lavender one that hasn't fit for a long time but now does.

I'm thinking a total of 3 months (from my start) to NY Eve is going to make a big difference. Huzzah!

Part of my excuse for absence is that I've been working on a company-owned laptop and a little loath to log in. But I decided that it's extremely unlikely that any of our tech guys would be interested in my weight loss news. :lol:

:wave: WSW (and any other queenly folk who might be about): Let's make this a good one!

wsw
10-09-2013, 09:48 AM
hello, arabella! so wonderful to see you. :)
and happy october to you.

your plan sounds great, and huzzah on your weight loss and on being one week in to your new 30 day hot yoga challenge!! congrats also on being able to fit in to the blouses and lingerie items. woot woot!

i am hanging in there op both food and exercise-wise, but you have inspired me to spice up some of my exercise routine. fall is a time of new beginnings and changing of colors and perspectives, and my perspective needs a little tweaking about now. thanks, as always, for the inspiration, arabella!

have a busy day planned so must away. have a good one. thinking of all our royals, too, both near and far.

Arabella
10-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I was travelling last week and didn't manage to get to the yoga studio on the two travel days, so I've got two extra classes to make up before the end of the month.

I was going to take an extra class tomorrow but my son came home unexpectedly with his GF so we'll be doing a Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I suspect I'll have a glass of wine or two ;) But I'll stick with the no wheat/no sugar. DS's GF is going to bake a pumpkin pie without either and I'll just avoid the stuffing.

I may weigh in tomorrow morning rather than Monday.

Fallish today, for sure, cool and breezy. It's supposed to go down to zero (36F) tonight. :brr:

WSW, I agree with you about fall -- definitely a great time to make changes. Huzzah!

I've got my steps in and went to yoga this a.m. Now, I think I'm going to light the fire, make a hot cup of tea and cozy up with the newspaper.

:ginger:
Happy Saturday!

wsw
10-14-2013, 07:22 PM
hi arabella- happy thanksgiving! i hope you have had a lovely time.

have been doing ok op and with changing up exercise a bit too. definitely need to keep going along this path. still always surprises me just how hard some times are than others for staying on plan. last couple of days have been more challenging, but have hung in there.

Arabella
10-16-2013, 06:24 AM
:wave:Hi WSW!

We did have a very lovely dinner with DS & his GF (who I hope someday to be able to call my DIL). And as a bonus -- next day WI had me down 1.8. I now weigh what I was mentally prepared to see on the scale in January, when I actually saw the numbers 18 pounds higher. Ick. Ugh. Down we go!

I missed yoga yesterday, tired and feeling a little illish plus had DS & DGS here. So I've got two classes to make up again. Should not be tooooo difficult. There's yin yoga on Sunday mornings, which is long holds for deep stretching. And the last Sunday of the month, there's a Nidra yoga class which is like a long guided meditation through the stages of waking/sleep. I'm intrigued! Have signed up for that one.

Good for you staying OP. You're so right about how much harder it is sometimes than others. I really admire the way you can hang on by your dainty fingernails when it gets tough.

We were down to freezing again last night. I see frost on the rooves out there, big fluffy pink sunrise stripes in the sky. It's supposed to be sunny today, so I'll walk over to yoga at some point, get my steps and :yoga: all in one go.

Arabella
10-21-2013, 07:58 AM
:wave: WSW!

Monday again, and a bright, sunny and chilly one so far. Our leaves are spectacular -- I drove out to an end-of-season sale at a gallery/restaurant on Saturday and kept just saying "wow, wow, wow." When I got there, I bought a fabulous Labradorite ring with a gift cert left from my birthday. I love it -- a wide, wide silver band with a huge translucent blue-green stone.

BIG news today -- down 2.2 this week for a total of 5.2 so far this month. I was SO happy to see that on the scale this a.m. Have not seen that kind of action in a very long time. Yes, I think this challenge is actually working. :cb: :cb:

I'm .2 under tracker. I will not see Onederland this year -- 33 pounds in 2.something months is highly unlikely. So I changed my ticker. I do think I can safely commit to the 13 pounds that will get me under 220. :yes: Then Onederland is a shoo-in for spring, and even at five a month I should be able to get into the 180s for my birthday month, which is lower than I've been in probably 20 years. O.M.G.

That's my report! Hope all is well with you, sweet WSW, and any others that might wander into the palace. Let's make this a good one!

wsw
11-19-2013, 05:53 PM
hi arabella. congrats on that great weight loss last month! nicely done! we had gorgeous fall leaves here also. they sure make me say "wow!" too. hope all is well with you.

i can't believe how long it had been since i was in the palace. some of the time was due to computer woes, but also time has definitely gotten away from me. have had some ms
technical difficulties too, but they seem to be letting up now for a while. have been maintaining (which was not an easy task the past few weeks), but now i think i am ready to push harder to get that scale moving downward once again. so, onward and downward.

greetings to all queenlies both near and far from the palace walls.

Arabella
11-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Hello WSW! :wave:

It was getting a mite echo-y in here but we've all occasionally wandered. To the extent that it's been down to the two of us for quite a while now. Maybe another royal or so will be inspired to come back to the palace soon.

So glad that your computer woes and MS problems are better. This battle is hard enough when all goes well, so congrats on maintaining. That's what I've been doing since the last WI but I've gotten reinspired to start moving downward again.

The tools I've used for control are so important. I might be fine when everything's okay but if I don't have any mechanisms or rules in place to guide me when things get rough I can find myself stuffing my face repeatedly.

My main rule is that I can't have anything but fruit/veg or (daily) one small handful of nuts between meals. And the usual -- watching portion size, nutrition content, etc. Trying to get 10,000 steps and yoga daily but the last week or so hasn't been great that way. I was feeling illish and overwhelmed.

However, another day dawns and today I will conquer. :dancer:

The festive season is sneaking up on us -- our choir's performance of Handel's Messiah is a week from Sunday and that starts the whirlwind of events -- my mom's 90th birthday, which is going to be a big event, my DH's 65th which will be a dinner party for 8 or 10, not to mention Christmas parties.

:xcheer:
Let the merriness commence! Let's make this a good one!

wsw
12-03-2013, 06:20 PM
hi arabella! ihope your choir performance went well. it does sound like you have a lot of festivities coming up with 2 big birthday celebrations, etc. i am still trying wrap my head around the fact that it is but a few short weeks til christmas.

have been pushing harder with sticking to my rules for weight loss and exercise. feeling more and more determined, although scale not reflecting anything yet. well, hope you are having a pleasant evening.

greetings also to any other queenlies who may be within shoutin' distance. :)

Arabella
12-07-2013, 05:27 PM
:ginger: Hello, WSW! :wave:

Last night was the humungous party for my mom's 90th birthday. It was a huge success -- so many people there that we haven't seen in 20, 30, even 40 years. I'm tired!

This afternoon was a funeral for the baby of a friend, 16-months old. He died on my mom's birthday and then the celebration of his life was in the same place were we celebrated mom's big event last night. Make you wonder, these patterns.

Next weekend is DH's 65th. Not as large a party, thank goodness!

I've had a few (well, four) pounds slippage but am determined to nip that trend in the bud.

I think I smell that veggie pizza is ready. Happy trails, until we meet again.

wsw
12-14-2013, 08:52 PM
hello arabella. i'm glad that your mom's birthday party was a huge success.

i'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend's baby. these patterns certainly do make you wonder.

stayed op food and exercise-wise. cold weather always adds to my excuses not to do both, so am working on remaining focused.

well, take care, dear queenlies both near and far.

wsw
12-25-2013, 10:40 AM
hi arabella. hope your dh's 65th birthday was a smashing success.

merry christmas, dear queenlies!!! i hope everyone is having a lovely holiday. thinking of you all.

wsw
12-27-2013, 11:07 AM
hi arabella.

and greetings to all palace dwellers both near and far.

back on track food and exercise-wise after over-indulging a bit on christmas.

take care, all.

Arabella
12-31-2013, 04:09 PM
I did mostly ok until DH went away on Friday and then exercise and diet went astray. Mostly back now though.

I took my son, his gf, his son, my niece and her daughter to see the new Hobbit movie at the cinema today. Everyone had a good time, I think.

DH's 65th was a major success, for which I'm glad. Tonight's our 19th anniversary. We're both happy to have a quiet night at home.

Happy New Year, WSW and any other queenly folk that wander through! :cheers:

wsw
01-01-2014, 07:18 AM
happy new year, arabella! glad your dh's 65th was a grand success. happy anniversary!

i had a less than stellar food day yesterday but back on track today.

and happy new year to any other queenlies in or around the palace. :)

wsw
02-21-2014, 01:27 PM
didn't even realize just how long it had been since i visited the royal palace. wanted to stop in and send my greetings to all royals, both near and far. this year has been flying by. haven't been sticking to food plan as well as i would like but have recommitted more staunchly recently, so onward and downward i go. thinking of you all, dear queenlies. :)

Arabella
02-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Sadly, WSW, our group seems to be sputtering to a halt. It's been such a long time since anyone but the two of us posted. I think it may be time to start a new group. I'd love the palace to be here if any of the wandering return but I really think we need more posters. What do you think?

I've been tracking food and exercise on Spark People but haven't joined the forum.

Hope all is well with you!

wsw
02-24-2014, 10:26 AM
hi arabella. sadly, i do agree with you. things are going well with me, thanks. hope all is well in your corner of the world. well, take good care of yourself. all the best to you, always. :)

Arabella
02-26-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm sad to close the Palace doors after all this time but we've been rattling around in here and it's getting a little echo-ey.

Incidentally, you could find me as Sirenella on the site I mentioned above. I haven't posted on the forum but would be amenable to doing so. I like the capacity to track food and exercise on that site.

All the best to you as well, WSW. I've valued your friendship over the Palace years.

wsw
02-28-2014, 12:03 PM
i too have valued your friendship tremendously over the palace years, arabella!! be happy, and be well. :)