Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun, January 19/20, 2013

lisa32989
01-19-2013, 06:48 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html) in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)
More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
and here Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Trina M
01-19-2013, 08:07 AM
What an incredible feeling. I get up every morning and weigh myself ( I know we aren't supposed to) but it keeps me on track seeing the numbers go down! I have done ww twice and in order to see the numbers go down I had to work out for 1 1/2 hours at the gym. Starting week 3 on Ip, this happens with what I am eating and I guess not eating. I have lost more in 2 weeks than I did 6 months on ww and going to the gym. I guess because I have gained muscle during that time it seems to be melting off of me. I am surprised that my last wi I lost 4.4 for a total of 18.4 in 2 weeks!!!!

My husband and I are taking a winter holiday to Los cabosbest and I want to be 200 for that trip. I plan to follow the plan for the most part on the holiday but I do plan on having a few beverages while there. Any advice while away so that I don't put it all back on? I know others that take a week holiday and put on 10-20 pounds and I don't want to do that.

Happy Saturday everyone.

IP43
01-19-2013, 08:15 AM
What an incredible feeling. I get up every morning and weigh myself ... I have lost more in 2 weeks than I did 6 months on ww and going to the gym. ...I am surprised that my last wi I lost 4.4 for a total of 18.4 in 2 weeks!!!!

...Any advice while away so that I don't put it all back on? I know others that take a week holiday and put on 10-20 pounds and I don't want to do that.

GREAT JOB SO FAR!! Not to put a downer on your success, but I do want to re-iterate that weight losses are greatest in the first few weeks, then you may get a "whoosh" once in awhile, but for all the newbies, don't get stressed if your numbers go down a bit as you settle into routine. It's great to see those big numbers at the beginning, but I think people start to get disheartened when their numbers level out to smaller ones. Any loss is a loss :D

As for your trip, there were a lot of posts -- a thread even -- on travelling on IP last summer. This isn't a great site for "searching" but do a search through "google" on travelling and IP and see if that thread comes up as there were tons of great ideas and advice.

bubbleblower
01-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Congrats on the losses, Trina! This program definitely works. All you have to do is stick with it, but therein lies the rub. ;)

When I started, I was in a somewhat similar position, facing the looming holidays plus a two week vacation to the Caribbean. At the start, I was thinking along the lines you are, figuring that I'd probably at least want a glass of champagne to toast the new year on the beach. By the time it rolled around, though, I was too psyched by how well I was doing, and too committed to doing this for myself to even risk screwing it up. So, I packed my IP packets and supplements and stayed OP the whole time I was away.I don't think that my change of mind was really that unusual, as I've seen so many truly committed people here.

In my way of thinking, little cheats become bigger ones, and before you know it you could be off program completely. Is it worth the risk? It wasn't to me. I stayed 100% OP the entire time, and I really can't say it affected the amount of fun I had. If anything, I had a better time, because I was proud of myself for following up on a commitment I had made to myself.

I'm sorry if this sounds preachy at all, since I really don't mean it that way. I just know that in hindsight I'm really glad that I stuck to the program and continue to every day. Are there times I'm tired of it and wish I didn't have to plan and think about every single little thing I put in my mouth? Absolutely! But I was unhappy about my weight for many, many years, and I feel so good that I'm finally doing something about it that I'm just not going to risk a set back. It took me too long to get to this point and I'm not wasting another day! (My weight hasn't been what it is today for almost 20 years. :carrot:)

lisa32989
01-19-2013, 09:21 AM
What an incredible feeling. I get up every morning and weigh myself ( I know we aren't supposed to) but it keeps me on track seeing the numbers go down! I have done ww twice and in order to see the numbers go down I had to work out for 1 1/2 hours at the gym. Starting week 3 on Ip, this happens with what I am eating and I guess not eating. I have lost more in 2 weeks than I did 6 months on ww and going to the gym. I guess because I have gained muscle during that time it seems to be melting off of me. I am surprised that my last wi I lost 4.4 for a total of 18.4 in 2 weeks!!!!

My husband and I are taking a winter holiday to Los cabosbest and I want to be 200 for that trip. I plan to follow the plan for the most part on the holiday but I do plan on having a few beverages while there. Any advice while away so that I don't put it all back on? I know others that take a week holiday and put on 10-20 pounds and I don't want to do that.

Happy Saturday everyone.
Welcome! I'm so glad you're doing well!
I'm going to join with my IP buddies here.
Advice for while away to not put it all back on: stay on the plan!

I've said this a zillion times on this site. There is NEVER a good time to be on a diet. This isn't a diet. It is a lifestyle change. We are either committed or we aren't.
Life continues to happen while we are losing weight. There are parties, festivals, vacations, weddings, birthdays, funerals, graduations, yada, yada. We can stay on plan and lose weight or we can choose a very slippery slope and go off plan. Go back and read posts from a year ago. Look at tickers. Are those folks at goal? Who is at goal? The people who stuck with it thru EVERYTHING or the people who went off plan for "just this one thing"?

It is your choice what to do. I've been reading these boards since June and started IP first week of Aug. in that time I've seen LOTS of people choose the "just this once" approach. Some are retuning now in the new year with significant weight gains. Others have never been heard from again. I haven't see any continue to goal (unless they had a big weight gain from their break).

In that time, I've gone to many dinners with friends, football tailgates, holiday parties, a 10-day Florida vacation over the holidays, and gone to the bar with friends. I've "watched" others on this board succeed thru holiday baking, family funerals, job loss, illness, vacations, and other major life events.

Success is all in the planning. If you plan success, you will succeed. If you plan failure, you will.

evepet
01-19-2013, 09:35 AM

Happy Saturday everyone.

Congrats, you're off to a great start! My advice - stay 100% OP. It can be done... and by doing so you reinforce the good habits and block the old bad ones. Once you break the 100% routine, it's soooo easy to backslide. Don't do it! Many, many people here have carried on 100% during a wide varity of life celebrations, holidays, trips, etc. with great success. It can be done, quite easily. And the self-satisfaction you'll get from sticking with your committment - and coming back to a weigh-in that shows a LOSS on the scale - makes it totally worth while.

GREAT JOB SO FAR!! Not to put a downer on your success, but I do want to re-iterate that weight losses are greatest in the first few weeks, then you may get a "whoosh" once in awhile, but for all the newbies, don't get stressed if your numbers go down a bit as you settle into routine. It's great to see those big numbers at the beginning, but I think people start to get disheartened when their numbers level out to smaller ones. Any loss is a loss :D

As for your trip, there were a lot of posts -- a thread even -- on travelling on IP last summer. This isn't a great site for "searching" but do a search through "google" on travelling and IP and see if that thread comes up as there were tons of great ideas and advice.

ITA.

Congrats on the losses, Trina! This program definitely works. All you have to do is stick with it, but therein lies the rub. ;)

When I started, I was in a somewhat similar position, facing the looming holidays plus a two week vacation to the Caribbean. At the start, I was thinking along the lines you are, figuring that I'd probably at least want a glass of champagne to toast the new year on the beach. By the time it rolled around, though, I was too psyched by how well I was doing, and too committed to doing this for myself to even risk screwing it up. So, I packed my IP packets and supplements and stayed OP the whole time I was away.I don't think that my change of mind was really that unusual, as I've seen so many truly committed people here.

In my way of thinking, little cheats become bigger ones, and before you know it you could be off program completely. Is it worth the risk? It wasn't to me. I stayed 100% OP the entire time, and I really can't say it affected the amount of fun I had. If anything, I had a better time, because I was proud of myself for following up on a commitment I had made to myself.

I'm sorry if this sounds preachy at all, since I really don't mean it that way. I just know that in hindsight I'm really glad that I stuck to the program and continue to every day. Are there times I'm tired of it and wish I didn't have to plan and think about every single little thing I put in my mouth? Absolutely! But I was unhappy about my weight for many, many years, and I feel so good that I'm finally doing something about it that I'm just not going to risk a set back. It took me too long to get to this point and I'm not wasting another day! (My weight hasn't been what it is today for almost 20 years. :carrot:)

Yep - why risk it? Totally agree.

I've said this a zillion times on this site. There is NEVER a good time to be on a diet. This isn't a diet. It is a lifestyle change. We are either committed or we aren't.
Life continues to happen while we are losing weight. There are parties, festivals, vacations, weddings, birthdays, funerals, graduations, yada, yada. We can stay on plan and lose weight or we can choose a very slippery slope and go off plan. Go back and read posts from a year ago. Look at tickers. Are those folks at goal? Who is at goal? The people who stuck with it thru EVERYTHING or the people who went off plan for "just this one thing"?

It is your choice what to do. I've been reading these boards since June and started IP first week of Aug. in that time I've seen LOTS of people choose the "just this once" approach. Some are retuning now in the new year with significant weight gains. Others have never been heard from again. I haven't see any continue to goal (unless they had a big weight gain from their break).

In that time, I've gone to many dinners with friends, football tailgates, holiday parties, a 10-day Florida vacation over the holidays, and gone to the bar with friends. I've "watched" others on this board succeed thru holiday baking, family funerals, job loss, illness, vacations, and other major life events.

Success is all in the planning. If you plan success, you will succeed. If you plan failure, you will.

Could not agree more. As someone who's met her original goal weight, gone briefly into maintenance and returned to P1 after deciding upon a lower goal weight, I agree that this has to be a 'lifestyle change'. Otherwise those lbs are just going to come back. And I'm sure that no one here wants this to be just another yo-yo diet effort.

--------------

In line with the above, I've stumbled across an online counselling program for emotional eating, which is based on the principles of Dr. Roger Gould who wrote the book 'Shrink Yourself'. I recall seeing that book highly recommended here some months ago. I just want to include the link here for anyone who might want to introduce an online counselling aspect to the diet.
http://www.shrinkyourself.com/the_solution.asp
I haven't as yet. But if I find myself battling with what I recognize as being emotional eating when I get into maintenance, I'll consider it. I have a long mirror hanging on the wall across from my bed, and every morning when I get up I can see the silhouette of my newly slim figure in that mirror. Not to sound narcisstic, but it always gives me a little thrill. I'm proud of my newly slimmed down body and feel like I've got the real *me* back again. There's no way I'm gaining weight back this time around.

Cheers everyone. Have a great OP day. :carrot:

lizbutt65
01-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Hello, I am on my third week of starting IP. So far, doing great! First week, lost 11.2, 2nd week - 2.4. Enjoying reading this blog and all of your success stories. Thanks for sharing! Getting a bit bored with the veggies I've been eating, so looking forward to trying some of your recipes.

Nolawhodatchick
01-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Trina-
My advice is also to stay 100% OP on vacation. I read the archives a lot regarding people who went on vacation and went off diet. Though some successfully deviated from their diet only a little and only for a few days, lots and lots of them ran into serious trouble with weight gain, got derailed and gained so much that they undid much or all of the hard work they put into IP before. And those are only reports of the folks who returned to start over and who shared their stories...I wonder how many more got so discouraged they just gave up. The thing is, reading their plans to go on vacation (or for the winter holidays) and off diet, they all sounded like they had the willpower to handle this deviation from IP. While some did, others got completely derailed. But I think they all thought it was going to be a very minor issue when they made the plan, and for some it was a deal-breaker. Not worth the risk to me.

edited to add: I used the term "willpower"...but maybe it's not a willpower issue. Carb cravings can become a terrible physical issue when you reintroduce carbs in an unstructured way. It might be this physical reaction of the body is very hard to fight despite one's emotional "willpower".

Bellamack
01-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Agree with everyone's comments. I did strict IP for 5 months in 2011, I wanted to take a break for the holidays that year and I was within 10 lbs of goal, so I said I will maintain and then get right back on the first of the year, WELL, 2 years later I am back on with a big REGAIN to get rid of. Truly, just telling you this for your own good. I never cheated once for the 5 months I was on, but then like others have said, the SLIPPERY SLOPE became and AVALANCHE! Stay OP :)

Nolawhodatchick
01-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Lisa-

Just realized I said basically the same thing you did (after u already said it!) I was thinking of taking a break from IP, not for holiday, but because I was so tired physically and thought maybe the body needed a break. I got lots of good advice from you and a few others who have been around a while, some in maintenance, up packets, try moving my food around, etc...but the best advice I got was to read the archives and see for myself what happened to folks who took a break. And I did. And it convinced me it was a risky thing to do. So thanks for the advice. I made it through (including energy issues, holiday and vacation) and am less than 10 lbs from goal today. I am thrilled!

Bellamack
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Nola, and it was the 10 lbs to go that got me. I thought I could "handle it from here", stay strong and don't give in. :)

ragdoll74
01-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Trina- Congrats on the fantastic success so far.

I totally agree with what everyone has said so far. If you stay OP on this vacation that means you will get to goal sooner and be able to enjoy the spring, summer, holidays, etc that much slimmer. I'm not sure how much you are trying to lose, but going off plan will ruin that great momentum you have.

If you still decide you want to go off plan during vacation, then I suggest you do the full phase off before (2 weeks each phase 2 &phase 3.) Then eat phase 4 during vacation and go back to phase 1 when you return. Just know that you will gain a little during phase 3 & 4, but it should come off quickly when you get back to phase 1. You will also be losing about 3-4 weeks of weight loss, which could be as much as 12 lbs that you would have lost if had stayed on plan.

So you just keep in mind what you are possibly giving up so that you can drink and eat off plan on vacation. If it's worth it for you, then just make sure you phase off properly so you don't undo your fantastic progress so far.

Nolawhodatchick
01-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Nola, and it was the 10 lbs to go that got me. I thought I could "handle it from here", stay strong and don't give in. :)

Will do, Bella! Thanks for sharing your story. It's helping me to stay focused. :hug: Glad you are here!

mompattie
01-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Trina-
My advice is also to stay 100% OP on vacation. I read the archives a lot regarding people who went on vacation and went off diet. Though some successfully deviated from their diet only a little and only for a few days, lots and lots of them ran into serious trouble with weight gain, got derailed and gained so much that they undid much or all of the hard work they put into IP before. And those are only reports of the folks who returned to start over and who shared their stories...I wonder how many more got so discouraged they just gave up. The thing is, reading their plans to go on vacation (or for the winter holidays) and off diet, they all sounded like they had the willpower to handle this deviation from IP. While some did, others got completely derailed. But I think they all thought it was going to be a very minor issue when they made the plan, and for some it was a deal-breaker. Not worth the risk to me.

edited to add: I used the term "willpower"...but maybe it's not a willpower issue. Carb cravings can become a terrible physical issue when you reintroduce carbs in an unstructured way. It might be this physical reaction of the body is very hard to fight despite one's emotional "willpower".

I totally agree with the physical carb cravings!!! Almost can be stronger Han willpower!! Getting back on track means week 1 cravings and willpower all over again!! Once ketosis hits it is so much better for cravings go away and energy level go up! But that week one restart is brutal!!

gidgetonsweets
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
I am so excited. I did 1st WI and lost 10.5 :) . I was so shocked and happy. My husband will be away working for 30 days, and i am trying to get off to a good start before he returns. I know it will be complicated to do this when he is home for 30 days. During the 30 days he is off from work we have fiesta. :hug: We celebrate like its a holiday. Cooking and Drinking.
I didn't tell him I was doing IP or dieting at all. He is the one that helped me gain all the weight. lol Everytime he leaves to run errands He returns with treats donuts, boudin, cracklins, candy and ice cream and I (the dummy) eat it with a smile. He obviously is not a feather either. I made it thru the week. I love this diet. :carrot:

ragdoll74
01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
HAPPY 32ND BIRTHDAY SCORBETT!

:bday2you:

WyoGirl82
01-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I was having one of those days yesterday that I think is fairly common. When I hadn't lost much for the last couple weeks and that little voice in the back of your head is saying "Well, I might as well eat...I'm doing so well on the diet and it isn't working anyway." So, instead of eating....I came to the website and just put it out there in a thread. I got such great advise and encouraging words that I stayed OP all day even drinking extra water and then this morning my home scale says I'm down 1.4 lbs from yesterday. I know that even if I hadn't lost yesterday, I would be ok because of the responses I got. It's like an alcoholic being able to attend an AA meeting. Anyway...thanks for getting me through a potentially bad few hours. It is appreciated more than you know!! Have a great OP day everyone!

Wild wire
01-19-2013, 11:09 AM

Yes have a very Happy Birthday!

IP43
01-19-2013, 11:10 AM
I am so excited. I did 1st WI and lost 10.5 :) . I was so shocked and happy. My husband will be away working for 30 days, and i am trying to get off to a good start before he returns. I know it will be complicated to do this when he is home for 30 days. During the 30 days he is off from work we have fiesta. :hug: We celebrate like its a holiday. Cooking and Drinking.
I didn't tell him I was doing IP or dieting at all. He is the one that helped me gain all the weight. lol Everytime he leaves to run errands He returns with treats donuts, boudin, cracklins, candy and ice cream and I (the dummy) eat it with a smile. He obviously is not a feather either. I made it thru the week. I love this diet. :carrot:

When he comes home, after 30 days, he WILL notice a difference, and you need to say "See? We can do this!" He maybe can't do IP on the road, but if he sees the difference just cutting out junk, and adding veggies to the day, maybe he can make some small changes to his lifestyle that will add big results. And tell him "Hon, no more treats! Let's save the money from donuts and go to the show.... go to a fancy restaurant and have a nice steak/veggie meal...." If this is your lifestyle now, it will be really hard for you to "party" when he's there and jump on the IP wagon when he's gone.

When I dropped some weight, any my hubby started making comments about my "curves" (well and that I had less back fat than usual - romantic he ain't) it made me feel so good that it's easy to resist those treats.
Good luck!

IP43
01-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Happy B-day Scorbett!!

I'm having a lovely huge omelette for breakfast (at 11:41 a.m.). This means I don't need to have lunch till 2:00 -- I'll be totally OP today with no "afternoon grr....". This has helped me decide the secret to my IP success = quit work!
It's those 6:00 am breakfasts that ruin my day!

.... ok... off to buy that lotto ticket again. An IP carb free cruise for y'all, and quit work = I need a BIIIIGGG win

jmuroff1
01-19-2013, 11:23 AM
what was the website where we can order IP for less than the clinics?

LizJazz
01-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I am on day 4, am still craving carbs and just feeling kinda blah! Add to that a fussy, teething 8 mth old and my hubby is gone for work-not a good week so far.
Thank you for this forum!! I am trusting that things will get better soon and that I CAN do this!!

LizJazz
01-19-2013, 11:27 AM

I checked into iptogo.com and the price is $28 a box, 7 packets in each box. That is basically what I am paying now. Not sure if there is another site to order from.

goldilocksinct
01-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Sorry, Lizjazz. :( I hope today is your turning point!

I just got back from WI and I lost another 2, which makes 13 pounds in 3 weeks. I'll take it! :cb:

ragdoll74
01-19-2013, 11:34 AM

I use plainprotein.com for IP products.

WyoGirl82
01-19-2013, 11:35 AM

I've ordered from www.dietnomoreonline.com and paid $3 a packet.

Chloe222
01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
I completely agree with everyone's comments above. DON'T go off plan, you will only kick yourself later.

It takes a certain maturity to stay the course and not give in to impulses. Think of this as an exercise in developing your willpower, becoming more mature and responsible, doing something truly loving for yourself.

Think how wonderful it will be once you reach your ideal size, how vibrant and healthy you'll feel, the way you'll look in clothes, how (quietly and humbly) proud of yourself you'll be. You are a role model for others, more people than you know. At the same time, staying the course is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.

:hug:
Chloe

Chloe222
01-19-2013, 11:41 AM
A little NSV: I bought size .5 jeans at Chicos yesterday. Yes, there is a muffin top but they are zippable! I bought them knowing they would not be available in 2 months when I want to wear them and in losing 10-15 more pounds by then, they'll fit nicely. Kind of exciting, the color is "blossom", a coral-pink and are ankle jeans. Will look cute with my 1 1/2 inch taupe sandals.

Today bought size 6 miraclejeans from TravelSmith, so will look like a size 4. Expect them to fit in 2 months. They are on sale now, 25% off, check the TravelSmith website. I love Miraclejeans, really hold you together well.

tam67green
01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Happy Birthday Scorbett!!

I'm glad to see all this talk today about staying OP over vacations. We are planning to travel to Maine in mid-February to visit my husband's father. Personally, I think we are crazy to plan to drive 12 hours to western Maine in February, but my husband wants to go snowmobiling (something we just don't get the chance to do here in Maryland). If weather permits us to go, I was just thinking about how I will stay OP while there. I will take my products, and they eat pretty healthy there, so I think I will be OK. At least we will be staying at someone's house and not on a vacation where we have to eat out all the time!

I'm so excited that I have a 3-day weekend! My son has sleepovers planned for tonight and tomorrow night, so I think hubby and I may head to the movies. Enjoy the weekend, everyone!!

Debrasb
01-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Lots of fun playing outside with the baby. I even jumped rope! Would have jumped more but my pants kept falling down :)

LizRR
01-19-2013, 12:19 PM
First off - Happy Birthday Scorbett! I am only 6 months from 39 myself...it's great to end the 30's at such a healthy state!

Howdy everyone. Started off with an 8-mile run this morning, I had a 'bathroom emergency' on the trail, but was able to make it in time!!! Adventures in Running. About to make lunch for me & the kid and thought I would jump on quickly and wish everyone a great start to the weekend!

Oh...and getting a bit more morning sickness...hoping this lunch will settle things down!

IP43
01-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Lots of fun playing outside with the baby. I even jumped rope! Would have jumped more but my pants kept falling down :)

OK Thanks for that visual Deb and great NSV!!:cp:
I'm totally "procrastinating" today -- so much to do! Maybe I'll take a break from procrastinating on 3FC.... to go make some zuchinni muffins! :D

Desafinado
01-19-2013, 12:29 PM
My weigh-in is tmrw but I've been weighing in the a.m. nekkid and after a tinkle and it appears I've lost 7 pounds. But you know even if the scale didn't move I can tell my stomach has shrunk a little based on my clothes.

But one thing I have tried to work on this past week is the negative thoughts about my weight looping in my head all the time, though it apparently doesn't reflect to other people cause I have other heavy friends who comment on how confident and stylish I always seem and stuff. I think I've learned to fake it til I make it, but the making it has been hard.

Anyway, just some random thoughts as I wait for my mom to get here from out of town.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Katkat
01-19-2013, 12:39 PM
First of all...Great losses everyone! WOW. Can't tell you how inspiring it is for a newbie to see these daily posts!

You know, I have been cooking a regular dinner for my honey this entire first week while I eat my proteins and veggies and I have to say I never get tempted to what I cook for him. I sneak in some veggies I make for myself to him (a lot less of course!), and some times he gets the same protein as me and I just make him potatoes, rice or something. The funny thing is last night he said he wants to work on being healthier and from now on I can just make the same thing I am making for myself for him!! Guess it kind of rubbed off on him. He knows I am trying to be healthy but I have never been one to say "let's do this together"...1 because I have a lot more to lose than him (he just really only has a belly, but looks fit else where) and 2 because he does better when he decides he is ready to do something rather than do something because I am doing it. I am the same way, which is why I started IP in the first place. I was ready to make a REAL change for myself. So, just wanted to share...maybe after your hubby sees how good you look and sees what you are eating he will want to take charge himself too! Just a thought.

Today is Day 5! Cannot wait for first weight in. I would be totally happy with anywhere between 3-5lbs. But ANY loss would be great! The first week has gone well. Last night was the hardest because I just got soooooo tired. I was in bed by 830pm. And I felt pretty hungry. We went to sushi for dinner and I proudly only had sashimi, plain cucumber and steamed veggies! I had very little edamame, but my coach says as long as I eat that very sparingly, I should be ok.

I guess that is all!! Keep it up everyone and have a great weekend!!

mrskuby
01-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello all! I just popped in to wish everyone a great OP weekend! We went out to eat with my brother and his fiance last night...I had prime rib, salad and green beans. Stepped on the scale this morning and found I was down a lb from Thursday! My mini goal is 165 and I can see it looming around the corner!!!

I too have been working hard to stop the endless loop of negative thoughts, especially because this is the weight that I usually stall at. I know if I stay OP then I will get past this point. If, no WHEN, I actually see 165 on the scale, I think I will scream! LOL

Going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. I have no idea what she is cooking but my DH suggested that I bring my space pack and a bowl of veggies...if she is making something I shouldn't eat, I can avoid it. It's funny cause there was a time when he would have frowned on such a thing but he sees how well this is working and he is sooo supportive!

I say this all the time but I'll say it again...I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!

IP43
01-19-2013, 12:59 PM
....The funny thing is last night he said he wants to work on being healthier and from now on I can just make the same thing I am making for myself for him!! Guess it kind of rubbed off on him. He knows I am trying to be healthy but I have never been one to say "let's do this together.... So, just wanted to share...maybe after your hubby sees how good you look and sees what you are eating he will want to take charge himself too! Just a thought.

My hubby is trying to lose weight too, but following his "BowFlex Plan". We have different body types (according to Dr. Oz's article in some ladies magazine, I'm a "tiger", he's a "gazelle".. LOL) so I have to eat less carbs, and he's supposed to eat more. I said to him that we're like "Jack Sprat and his wife" -- One can eat no fat, one can eat no lean.... I guess between the both of us "we'll lick that platter clean"! Sure would be nice tho' to be on the same plan as the fridge is full of stuff I can't have -- and he's takin' up my fridge space!!

...and for Pattie and Rainbow, I say "Le sigh." ;)

edit: I DO celebrate tho' that he's working on his weight too btw. Just wish we were cooking together as it would make life in the kitchen easier

IP43
01-19-2013, 01:04 PM
I have no idea what she is cooking but my DH suggested that I bring my space pack and a bowl of veggies...!

This made me laugh as my kids always refer to my "space food". Sometimes they'll say -- oh that's mom's space food, you can't eat that. And I'll be "Uh guys, this is BROCOLLI -- of COURSE you can eat that!" :broc:

However, touch my BBQ crisps or my chocolate cookies and watch what happens! LOL :club:

lisa32989
01-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. I have no idea what she is cooking but my DH suggested that I bring my space pack and a bowl of veggies...if she is making something I shouldn't eat, I can avoid it. It's funny cause there was a time when he would have frowned on such a thing but he sees how well this is working and he is sooo supportive!
Yay for supportive hubbies!
:cp: :goodvibes
Mine is continually amazed when I report weight losses. He keeps saying, "I thought it would slow down" Last WI he finally said, "well, it can't STILL be water weight" LOL

After 5 months, 56 lbs, 4 sizes (24 to 16) and LOTS of inches,
ya think? :doh:

He also knows better than to try to dictate what I'm doing. He keeps his "nose" outta my diet. He DOES ask before eating any veggies in the fridge, in case I had them "earmarked". At one point he was afraid to eat any of them until I was clear that veggies can be for both of us. When I cook them, I put leftovers in 2 containers. One is carefully measured for me & then the rest I put in another container for him. Then he knows.

Alma4343
01-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Congrats on all the weight loss and NSV's around here. I feel like I just cannot keep up with these threads, tried to post regularly and was just lost. So, I don't post too much. But, I do read on most days.

Well, weigh in has me down 2.7! So so happy! However, I leave for a week long vacation tomorrow. I am so nervous about staying on plan. It is a friend trip with about 6 friends coming. So, it will be really fun and I know there will be a lot of drinking.

I am planning to stay on plan. So, I have packed all of my packets and boy does that put a dent in your packing room ;)

So, regarding vacation. For me the issue is that when you are early or in the middle of your weight loss and you come back from vacation up 3 to 6 pounds, it just really kills your spirit (notice my weight, I did this). I didn't go crazy on that vacation and only cheated with alcohol. But, still enough to have me up 3.1 lbs. So, I felt like I lost over a month of time. (2 weeks to originally lose those lbs, 1 week to gain them, 2 more weeks to re lose gained lbs). After 2 weeks of good losses, I feel much better but need to tackle this next vacation.

However, I think I finally realize I have to DIET the REST OF MY LIFE. This is not a temporary situation. If I want to stay at a good weight, I have to be on a diet. The End. Period. I think this realization has helped me a lot with keeping on plan. And, I feel positive about this fact of dieting the rest of my life :)

Good luck Everyone! And, thanks for being here.

Realme83
01-19-2013, 01:14 PM

Happy Saturday everyone.

Trina,
I took an 11 day "vacation" from OP starting Dec. 26. This was planned from the time I started IP in Sept. My family had a 10 day vacation to Japan to visit our former exchange student. With many unknowns, (where to shop, cooking out, long plane rides, different country, different food) plus that this was a once in a lifetime trip, I wanted to be able to eat carbs. Based on this, my coach had me do phase 2 for 4 days and then phase 3 for 4 days and I went to phase 4 on Dec. 25. I ate sensibly in Japan, but I would have had a lot of difficulty following the plan; we had some grocery stores near our hotel, but not a lot of options that would have been on plan. When I got back, my weight was up around 5 pounds. I immediately started back on phase 1. That was on Sunday. By my Friday morning weighin, I had lost 9 pounds from Sunday. This was a loss of 4 pounds from my last WI 3 weeks prior. (I am a slow and steady loser, so that is not much less than I would have lost if I had been on plan the entire time.)

The rapid loss of the 9 pounds was amazing. I know that it was mostly (all?) water retention, from both long plane ride and carbs.

It has given me confidence that once we all get to goal, we will be able to keep the weight off - with diligence.

Talk with your coach and make a plan and stick to it. IP works - proper phasing off is important so that your body is ready to handle the carbs.

I did a couple of other small vacations this fall. 4 days in Vermont, 5 days in Minnesota. For those I stayed 100% on plan. Took my IP food, plus veggies, OO, and planned my meals. Found options in restaurants. For these vacations, I am glad I stayed 100%.

Do what works for you. Set your goals, stick to it. But if you end up varying, forgive yourself and start again.

lisa32989
01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
:hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:
Happy Birthday, Birthday Girl! Subtract one candle up there!
Those are IP-friendly cakes, of course (and YOU didn't have to make them!)

Congrats on all the weight loss and NSV's around here. I feel like I just cannot keep up with these threads, tried to post regularly and was just lost. So, I don't post too much. But, I do read on most days.

Well, weigh in has me down 2.7! So so happy! However, I leave for a week long vacation tomorrow. I am so nervous about staying on plan. It is a friend trip with about 6 friends coming. So, it will be really fun and I know there will be a lot of drinking.

I am planning to stay on plan. So, I have packed all of my packets and boy does that put a dent in your packing room ;)

So, regarding vacation. For me the issue is that when you are early or in the middle of your weight loss and you come back from vacation up 3 to 6 pounds, it just really kills your spirit (notice my weight, I did this). I didn't go crazy on that vacation and only cheated with alcohol. But, still enough to have me up 3.1 lbs. So, I felt like I lost almost a month of time. After 2 weeks of good losses, I feel much better but need to tackle this next vacation.

However, I think I finally realize I have to DIET the REST OF MY LIFE. This is not a temporary situation. If I want to stay at a good weight, I have to be on a diet. The End. Period. I think this realization has helped me a lot with keeping on plan. And, I feel positive about this fact of dieting the rest of my life :)

Everyone is on a diet. Some people are on crappy diets. Some people are on weight-gain diets. Some people are on "katy bar the door" diets. Some people are on healthy lifestyle diets.
Everyone is on one. We just have to choose which one we're on.

mightbe
01-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Happy Birthday Scorbett :woo:

Last night I found Crystal Lite Liquid and Dasani Water Enhancers at Walmart. They are both really good, sweetened with sucralose, and come in some fun flavors! I bought blueberry raspberry crystal lite and coconut pineapple (yum) dasani. :drool:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ricks
01-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Hi all! Hoping you can help - I'm doing well on IP, but can't get a solid # on the amount of sodium per day - I know the amount they recommend for additional applications, just not the total for the day. Anyone know?

maezy1
01-19-2013, 01:28 PM
GIDETONSWEETS I loved your post. You must live close to Louisiana if ur eating boudin and cracklins!

Having a great weekend with lots of retail therapy! Cant decide if dinner is swordfish or steak...hmmm

Have a friend who just started IP. The complaining is driving me nuts!!! It is not a difficult program and you have to cut your eating down to lose weight on any program. Oh well, she will be off IP soon I guess but I doubt that she will find success on any program if she isn't willing to limit intake.....and alcohol
Times like this when I realize just how far I have come! Thx ALL!

1LittleStar
01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Happy weekend everyone!

Very interesting discussion topic today. I also have a trip planned for two weeks in March. I will be staying with my parents, which is good since it means not eating out all the time. The bad part is that my mother will be cooking, and she really isn't very open to any variations. She also will not let anyone else cook! So I haven't quite decided exactly what I will do, but I'm certainly taking all the advice on here into consideration. My mother also just found out she has cancer (for the 3rd time in 2 years), and although it is relatively minor (as minor as cancer gets...), it's really not a good time to discuss it with her.

On a happy note, I just finished eating some zucchini cookies! Thanks for everyone for the great recipes and ideas. I used the cappuccino drink mix, cause that's all I had! And I don't have any sweetener or syrup, but they were still great!

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2013, 01:43 PM
:woo: happy birthday scorbett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hubby is trying to lose weight too, but following his "BowFlex Plan". We have different body types (according to Dr. Oz's article in some ladies magazine, I'm a "tiger", he's a "gazelle".. LOL) so I have to eat less carbs, and he's supposed to eat more. I said to him that we're like "Jack Sprat and his wife" -- One can eat no fat, one can eat no lean.... I guess between the both of us "we'll lick that platter clean"! Sure would be nice tho' to be on the same plan as the fridge is full of stuff I can't have -- and he's takin' up my fridge space!!

...and for Pattie and Rainbow, I say "Le sigh." ;)

edit: I DO celebrate tho' that he's working on his weight too btw. Just wish we were cooking together as it would make life in the kitchen easier

heehee LE sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wanna be a gazelle!!!!!!!!!!! they are so graceful!!!!
Le Sigh....i'm a hippo!!!

PepperTown
01-19-2013, 01:44 PM
What a great holiday :cool: Nice to be back to 'normal'. Proud to say I gained only 2 pounds during the trip...and that's gone as of this morning! :carrot:

Now next week we leave for Florida for the winter. Already contacted a clinic in Port Richey who have informed me that they would take me on, weight and measure me, and sell me the products. Will also look into alternatives.

Wish I had a 'diet' buddy here in my town, but I have all of you, my sisters and brothers, so I'm good. Missed all your posts while I was gone, but remembered all your advice and kept my shaker and meals close at hand!

Keep posting everyone...feel like I know so many of you as friends;)

Willi
01-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Great WIs and NSVs everyone! Happy BD Scorbett!

sonyainva
01-19-2013, 02:18 PM
First off - Happy Birthday Scorbett! I am only 6 months from 39 myself...it's great to end the 30's at such a healthy state!

Howdy everyone. Started off with an 8-mile run this morning, I had a 'bathroom emergency' on the trail, but was able to make it in time!!! Adventures in Running. About to make lunch for me & the kid and thought I would jump on quickly and wish everyone a great start to the weekend!

Oh...and getting a bit more morning sickness...hoping this lunch will settle things down!

Hope the morning sickness goes away

You are an inspiration, 8 miles!

Rainbow, dear you are a gazelle. Not a hippo, be nice to yourself. Don't call yourself what you dare not call your enemies

We all have to learn this. Beauty, is from within as well as outside

You are a gem, with love

IP43
01-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Actually the Dr. Oz thing only had THREE animals (I'll sum:)
TIGRESS: you metabolize proteins most effectively and your plate should be 50 % protein, 30% fats and 20% carbs (isn't that kinda the IP rate?)

GAZELLE: you metabolize carbohydrates most effectively

FOX: your metabolism handles protein and carbs equally well.

I'm pretty sure if IP is working for you, you're part of my "Tigress" club so.... Grrrrrr Baby! Grrrrr

rainbowsmiles
01-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Rainbow, dear you are a gazelle. Not a hippo, be nice to yourself. Don't call yourself what you dare not call your enemies

We all have to learn this. Beauty, is from within as well as outside

You are a gem, with love

you are so right!! i would NEVER call anyone else a hippo, friend or foe! i definitely need to work on self image! thank you for reminding me of that very important lesson. :hug:

scorbett1103
01-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Yes have a very Happy Birthday!
Happy B-day Scorbett!!

Happy Birthday Scorbett!!

:hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:
Happy Birthday, Birthday Girl! Subtract one candle up there!
Those are IP-friendly cakes, of course (and YOU didn't have to make them!)

Happy Birthday Scorbett :woo:

Great WIs and NSVs everyone! Happy BD Scorbett!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!! :) I had a chuckle this morning, got a card in the mail from hubby's grandmother, that said "happy 40th birthday"! I'm trying to turn BACK the clock, not rush it forward!! :)

TIGRESS: you metabolize proteins most effectively and your plate should be 50 % protein, 30% fats and 20% carbs (isn't that kinda the IP rate?)

I'm pretty sure if IP is working for you, you're part of my "Tigress" club so.... Grrrrrr Baby! Grrrrr

Amen to that - Rainbow you are not a hippo, you are a lean mean tigress baby!!!

IP43
01-19-2013, 03:08 PM
However, speaking of "animals", I was grabbing some paper from my office and the "Goose" story fell out of the stack and I thought of "y'all"

"Next fall when you see geese heading south for the winter flying along in V formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creats an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in V formation the whole flock has at least 70% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own. People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are travelling on the thrust of one another.

When goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone...and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have as much sense as a goose will will stay in formation with those who are headed the same way we are....

Thanks for flyin' with me. Maybe the little "chick" icon is really a baby goose!!

esbsize4
01-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi Everyone!!
I just joined IP this morning and love everything about it. Can anyone give me any helpful hints and words of advice. I'm so excited to get back to my size 4!!
I also just signed up for this site and think it's great! I just hope I can figure out how to use it properly.

IP43
01-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi Everyone!!
I just joined IP this morning and love everything about it. Can anyone give me any helpful hints and words of advice. I'm so excited to get back to my size 4!!
I also just signed up for this site and think it's great! I just hope I can figure out how to use it properly.

First of all, thanks for posting in the daily. This site gets really tricky with LOTS of posts and threads to follow, so stick here for a bit.

Second, read the first two threads when you have time (the stickies at the top). They have information on all the stats and figures, as well as great recipes etc.

Just keep checking in with us all and you'll learn something everyday! :)

Congrats for deciding to join our "flock"(sorry -- couldn't resist the flock image since I just typed about the geese ;)

lisa32989
01-19-2013, 03:25 PM
OMG I have come back to the computer WAYYY too much today! (Procrastination, anyone?)

However, speaking of "animals", I was grabbing some paper from my office and the "Goose" story fell out of the stack and I thought of "y'all"

"Next fall when you see geese heading south for the winter flying along in V formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creats an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in V formation the whole flock has at least 70% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own. People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are travelling on the thrust of one another.

When goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone...and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have as much sense as a goose will will stay in formation with those who are headed the same way we are....

Thanks for flyin' with me. Maybe the little "chick" icon is really a baby goose!!

I LOVE this!!!:love:
:angel: That is TOTALLY how I feel about this forum. Could NEVER do this alone!

Hi Everyone!!

READ, READ, READ!
I read this forum for a MONTH before I started IP, (probably went back 6 months) so I could learn both what to do and how to use the forum.
Digest the stickies at the top of the forum & know what is in all the links.
Same with the links on the first post in this thread.
There is SO.MUCH.INFO to learn!

Don't try to just eat raw veggies. You'll burn out quickly.
Don't forget your oil & salt (esp salt at first while you're getting into ketosis)
Stay off the scale. A watched "pot" frustrates.
Be patient
Follow the sheet. Read it over & over til you know it by heart. Make copies so you can post it. Keep it with you.
Don't get too hungry. Keep extra packets with you. Don't be afraid of extra packets the first week.
Oh, goodness. There is more. Others will chime in & I'll be saying "yeah, that too!"

I wanna be a gazelle, too. Carbs! :hungry:
My turn for the Le Sigh: Carbs got me here. My inner Tigress will get me out of it. The IP Tigresses rock!

maezy1
01-19-2013, 03:37 PM
esbsize4 WELCOME! as for advice: check in here daily with your successes and struggles, ask questions when you are not sure and try the recipes!!! I had fried chicken for dinner using the potato puree as my breading. It was delicious!!! muffins rock too! so many people have been so creative and share their ideas which I appreciate so much!!!!
RAINBOW you are beautiful!!!! LOOK at you in that beautiful blue dress!!! You are stunning and turn heads you just don't see it yet urself! You are my inspiration!

IP43
01-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Did you see my post in some other thread about you having a "mantra" Lisa?
"Read the stickies...post in the dailies"

I tried to help ya out by saying it first this time. ;)

P.S. I may be out-procrastinating you.

lisa32989
01-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Did you see my post in some other thread about you having a "mantra" Lisa?
"Read the stickies...post in the dailies"

I tried to help ya out by saying it first this time. ;)

P.S. I may be out-procrastinating you.

yes I saw it :hug: :D ;)
We're leaving in a few minutes so I'll be off til WAYYYY later.

Chloe222
01-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Happy Birthday Scorbett!

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

I think you and Rainbow are the two of the three most important folks on this thread regulary, truly being kind and supportive to all, providing great advice. (Wuv, of course is the third.) Not trying to prioritize people, but you are natural leaders here.

Warmly,
Chloe

ragdoll74
01-19-2013, 06:01 PM

Love this!

bubbleblower
01-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Meant to do this earlier!!!

Happy birthday, scorbett!!!!!! :hat::queen::bday2you::celebrate::bday2you::bday2: :bday2you::balloons::gift::bday2you::woo:

bubbleblower
01-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Yay for supportive hubbies!
:cp: :goodvibes
Mine is continually amazed when I report weight losses. He keeps saying, "I thought it would slow down" Last WI he finally said, "well, it can't STILL be water weight" LOL

Same situation here! I think that my DH is finally becoming a believer rather than thinking this is another waste of money! He looked at me today and kind of chuckled, and when I asked him what he was thinking he smiled and said, "You're feeling pretty good, huh?" My whole attitude and outlook is better!

So, regarding vacation. For me the issue is that when you are early or in the middle of your weight loss and you come back from vacation up 3 to 6 pounds, it just really kills your spirit (notice my weight, I did this). I didn't go crazy on that vacation and only cheated with alcohol. But, still enough to have me up 3.1 lbs. So, I felt like I lost over a month of time. (2 weeks to originally lose those lbs, 1 week to gain them, 2 more weeks to re lose gained lbs). After 2 weeks of good losses, I feel much better but need to tackle this next vacation.

I'm having the same challenges keeping up with everyone's posts! I agree that this is just a stage in a long term program of changing the way I eat. I will *never* go back to how I used to eat. After all, I saw where that got me! :lol:

You'll do fine while you're away if you're committed to sticking to the program. If I was able to I was able to do it for 19 days of my first month on IP, anyone can!

Happy weekend everyone!

Very interesting discussion topic today. I also have a trip planned for two weeks in March. I will be staying with my parents, which is good since it means not eating out all the time. The bad part is that my mother will be cooking, and she really isn't very open to any variations. She also will not let anyone else cook! So I haven't quite decided exactly what I will do, but I'm certainly taking all the advice on here into consideration. My mother also just found out she has cancer (for the 3rd time in 2 years), and although it is relatively minor (as minor as cancer gets...), it's really not a good time to discuss it with her.

Sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. As far as your eating while you're gone, you're going to have to be your own advocate. If your mother sees that unless she's flexible you'll either not be eating the food she prepares, or you'll be running out to pick up something OP for yourself. I tend to think she'll relinquish enough kitchen control to let you nuke some veggies and eat some tuna if it really comes to that. I hope it doesn't.

LOVE THIS!!! THANKS!!! :CP:

Willi
01-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone!!

Welcome!

scorbett1103
01-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks Chloe & Bubble! :) I have definitely felt special today! NSV moment of the day was when my dad called earlier - I had made a comment that it was my last birthday in my 30's. He didn't believe me at first, then realized it was true - he said "well at least you LOOK like you're just turning 30!" Love my daddy :)

Was hoping to pick up the new car today, but the dealer couldn't make it to the DMV to get registration done on Friday. So Tuesday it is, either way the timing is great as we will be back in our own vehicle just in time for hubby to start his LAST semester for his Associates degree :) It's gonna be a good year :)

IP43
01-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Same situation here! I think that my DH is finally becoming a believer rather than thinking this is another waste of money! He looked at me today and kind of chuckled, and when I asked him what he was thinking he smiled and said, "You're feeling pretty good, huh?" My whole attitude and outlook is better!

I hate to say it but that is NOT all your hubby was thinking. I'm thinking that it was more like "My wife is lookin' pretty good.... I wonder if she's "feelin'" as good as she looks...hubba hubba"
.... of course when YOU asked him, he had to kind of "reword" that thinking, but the chuckle really said it all;)

Desafinado
01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I have to admit I was worried about how I would feed my houseguests and stay on plan and then I had a revelation: cook the stuff still left in my house that's off plan and let them eat it! I did that explained why and everyone laughed and ate well. I wasn't tempted once, never even tasted the food as I was cooking it.

Nolawhodatchick
01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Scorbett-
Happy, Happy Birthday To You!!! I Hope You Felt Like A Princess All Day!!!

IP43
01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
I think you and Rainbow are the two of the three most important folks on this thread regulary, truly being kind and supportive to all, providing great advice. (Wuv, of course is the third.) Not trying to prioritize people, but you are natural leaders here.

Chloe

Uh Chloe??? I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am the author of the infamous "Fridge bottom soup", "Burnt Zuchinni Chips" and "Soggy Zuchinni chips part II" -- I think you are forgetting my valuable contribution as, while my dear friends may teach by example what to do, I teach equally by examples of what NOT to do...

.... I also happen to be the one footing the bill for the Carb-Free cruise (*disclaimer: only upon winning the $50 mill Lotto Max) so you may want to send a warm fuzzy or two my way... I'm in charge of booking the swedish masseurs on the cruise...:beach:

LizRR
01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Holy crap IPeeps - I just have to vent on here...I have been having some major gas issues today!!!! Outperforming my husband who is a master blaster...we are such a romantic couple...wonder how we ever got to babymaking! Drinking some seltzer to help settle things down.

I was reading up and should have about 10% more blood in my system at this stage of the game and think that may be the source of my frequent dizzy spells - I need to remember to take my time getting up off the couch...been spending more time laying around lately!

My dad is driving in next week to help out with my son (MLK Day off at preschool and his first week back at morning speech therapy along with a 2-day speech evaluation...it's going to be a long week back!). It is going to be so hard to 'hide' this news from him, I am a big daddy's girl and this is something I desperately want to share with him, but am sticking to my guns and waiting until after I get my 1st OB appointment. Just not ready to share this with the 'outside world'.

IP43
01-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Sending you "healing thoughts" and hoping all is well. I've been feeling dizzy lately too-- even had a "halter" worn for a day -- and I can never decide if it's flu, too little food, too little sleep, too little salt... so many things it could be, but I didn't realize you could have too little blood?
Anyway, I know you'll keep us posted. Just rest if you have to. And if you need support, you know your family will be there to help with the little ones, so tell them if you need to. :hug::hug: to you

LizRR
01-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks Chloe & Bubble! :) I have definitely felt special today! NSV moment of the day was when my dad called earlier - I had made a comment that it was my last birthday in my 30's. He didn't believe me at first, then realized it was true - he said "well at least you LOOK like you're just turning 30!" Love my daddy :)

Was hoping to pick up the new car today, but the dealer couldn't make it to the DMV to get registration done on Friday. So Tuesday it is, either way the timing is great as we will be back in our own vehicle just in time for hubby to start his LAST semester for his Associates degree :) It's gonna be a good year :)

OMG, what is it with Dad's & their daughters birthdays! I guess they will always see us as little girls. The summer I graduated COLLEGE my Dad guesstimated that I was turning 16 that summer...yeah, just a few years off - I am no Doogie Howser. Hubby was determined to hold on to it until the bitter end...I can't say much, I had my last car for 17 years.

We are in the market for a new car, we need to get our butts moving sooner than later - jealous for your shiny new wheels! I am looking to replace a 15 year old hail damaged POS that keeps breaking down, failed inspection, & has broken air bags!

Sending you "healing thoughts" and hoping all is well. I've been feeling dizzy lately too-- even had a "halter" worn for a day -- and I can never decide if it's flu, too little food, too little sleep, too little salt... so many things it could be, but I didn't realize you could have too little blood?
Anyway, I know you'll keep us posted. Just rest if you have to. And if you need support, you know your family will be there to help with the little ones, so tell them if you need to. :hug::hug: to you

Ohhhh....you gotta put those 'Halter Top' pics on the 'What are you Wearing' thread for sure hot momma! I need to look it up more, but from what I remember I think the standing up too fast dizzy spells are pretty normal right now, I am totally fine otherwise (besides the constant gas). My dad is retired and is always looking for an excuse to come up and spend time with my son - and he is really helpful too, we LOVE when he comes up!

IP43
01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
No cheeky monkey -- not a Halter TOP. It was a heart monitor thingy because I keep getting dizzy etc. I don't think ANYONE wants pics of me wearing nothing but a heart monitor. Took me days to get the sticky goo residue off too, so I had some pretty "fuzzy circles" on my torso for a few days. I looked like crop circles gone wrong.

Glad to hear you've got lots of support for your wee ones. That makes me feel better for you already. Still, rest. Go to bed NOW you night owl!

bubbleblower
01-19-2013, 10:49 PM

Dad's are the best and always seem to be able to make us feel like daddy's little girl. Mine passed away at 85 but I still have to smile when I think about him calling me by one of my nicknames. He was the only one who ever called me by anything other than my name, and my nicknames never changed, from the time I was 5 years old. :)

Sounds like you had a great day and you're getting this year off to the right start!!

I hate to say it but that is NOT all your hubby was thinking. I'm thinking that it was more like "My wife is lookin' pretty good.... I wonder if she's "feelin'" as good as she looks...hubba hubba"
.... of course when YOU asked him, he had to kind of "reword" that thinking, but the chuckle really said it all;)

LOL! :lol: He actually said something along those lines as he took his "new super-duper extra potency vitamins" tonight. But that was before he fell asleep. ;)

Uh Chloe??? I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am the author of the infamous "Fridge bottom soup", "Burnt Zuchinni Chips" and "Soggy Zuchinni chips part II" -- I think you are forgetting my valuable contribution as, while my dear friends may teach by example what to do, I teach equally by examples of what NOT to do...

Too funny! I see your cooking skills are right up there with mine. ;) I tried making a chocolate muffin tonight. Let's just say the results were not what I expected!

My dad is driving in next week to help out with my son (MLK Day off at preschool and his first week back at morning speech therapy along with a 2-day speech evaluation...it's going to be a long week back!). It is going to be so hard to 'hide' this news from him, I am a big daddy's girl and this is something I desperately want to share with him, but am sticking to my guns and waiting until after I get my 1st OB appointment. Just not ready to share this with the 'outside world'.

You'll have to keep us posted on how the visit goes. Dads can be very perceptive! :cool:

Bellamack
01-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Happy Birthday Scorbett! The best thing about 39 is that it is the age you stay at! I have done it 17 times so far, keeps me young :)

Chloe222
01-19-2013, 11:03 PM

Thanks for flyin' with me. Maybe the little "chick" icon is really a baby goose!! Thank you for sharing this!

Hi Everyone!!
Welcome!

I have to admit I was worried about how I would feed my houseguests and stay on plan and then I had a revelation: cook the stuff still left in my house that's off plan and let them eat it! I did that explained why and everyone laughed and ate well. I wasn't tempted once, never even tasted the food as I was cooking it.

So smart!

.... I also happen to be the one footing the bill for the Carb-Free cruise (*disclaimer: only upon winning the $50 mill Lotto Max) so you may want to send a warm fuzzy or two my way... I'm in charge of booking the swedish masseurs on the cruise...:beach:
LOL!! You are right, sometimes what not to do is equally, if not more, valuable. A big thank you and recognition to IP 43 for memorable IP meals and a great sense of humor!! :hug::hug::hug:

Holy crap IPeeps - I just have to vent on here...I have been having some major gas issues today!!!! Outperforming my husband who is a master blaster...we are such a romantic couple...wonder how we ever got to babymaking! Drinking some seltzer to help settle things down.

I was reading up and should have about 10% more blood in my system at this stage of the game and think that may be the source of my frequent dizzy spells - I need to remember to take my time getting up off the couch...been spending more time laying around lately!

Hope your dizziness is not serious and goes away soon. Glad Dad is coming to visit!

[

LizRR
01-19-2013, 11:12 PM
No cheeky monkey -- not a Halter TOP. It was a heart monitor thingy because I keep getting dizzy etc. I don't think ANYONE wants pics of me wearing nothing but a heart monitor. Took me days to get the sticky goo residue off too, so I had some pretty "fuzzy circles" on my torso for a few days. I looked like crop circles gone wrong.

Glad to hear you've got lots of support for your wee ones. That makes me feel better for you already. Still, rest. Go to bed NOW you night owl!

Ahhhhh....what a let down...how can I get settled for the night when I had Halter Top expectations!!! Hope your dizzy spells even out soon, I'm sure peeling goo off isn't very fun.

mompattie
01-19-2013, 11:40 PM
LE SIGH!!!! Typed in quotes and replies THREE times and poof! Gone!!! Geez!!! Oh well, funnies of the day brought to us by Diane!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: seriously, the whole geese goose thing to Le sigh to the back fat thing to the IP cruise to the HOLTER MONITOR thing (HOLTER monitor not Halter!). Awesome!!! Purely "epic and awesome" to quote my boys!! :cool: Awesome laugh break at the end of a busy day!

BD party went great!!! 100% all day!! Tried on my bridesmaid dress for my sister as shes here this weekend, and its looking good!!! Size 14!!!! From size 26!!!! Now to get the spanx on! That will be a feat all it's own! I think DH could hold them at the foot of the bed and I'll jump off the bed into the spanx. Geez. I should be ready for a Saturday wedding if I start getting into my spanx Thursday night. Geez. And not breathe all weekend!! :hug:

LosingLawyer
01-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Happy Birthday, Scorbett!

I literally laughed out loud reading this. You are too funny.

----------------

Gorgeous day here today here - 80 degrees! I spent most of the day outside and also did some shopping. I found the most amazing Kenneth Cole knee length coat on clearance. Size XL! Now I'm hoping the weather turns cold again so I can wear it. Great body pump class this morning and looking forward to a cxworx (core strength) class tomorrow morning. Then back to work on Monday; yes that's right, courts are closed but I still have to work. Makes no sense!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 12:13 AM
had a great DATE NIGHT with dear hubby, olive garden and les miserables!!! it felt good to be in control!!! this is the first time i have been to the moveis since i started IP and NO popcorn!!

i made excellent choices at olive garden!!

they have a new dish, lemon herb grilled chicken, and i had NO pasta, and it came with spinach, tomatoes and broccoli, and they added bell peppers in the place of the pasta!! and i had NO breadsticks and salad with NO dressing.

IT WAS AN AWESOME NIGHT!!

it just feels amazing to go out normally, and stay on plan!!

AWESOME I TELL YOU!!! JUST AWESOME!!!

TOTALLY LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love:
TOTALLY LOVE YOU!!! :love: :love:

esbsize4 WELCOME! as for advice: check in here daily with your successes and struggles, ask questions when you are not sure and try the recipes!!! I had fried chicken for dinner using the potato puree as my breading. It was delicious!!! muffins rock too! so many people have been so creative and share their ideas which I appreciate so much!!!!
RAINBOW you are beautiful!!!! LOOK at you in that beautiful blue dress!!! You are stunning and turn heads you just don't see it yet urself! You are my inspiration!

maezy, you always brighten my day gf!!!! :hug::hug:

Happy Birthday Scorbett!

Warmly,
Chloe

awww chloe....you are too sweet and kind!! thank you for even thinking that! :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!! :) I had a chuckle this morning, got a card in the mail from hubby's grandmother, that said "happy 40th birthday"! I'm trying to turn BACK the clock, not rush it forward!! :)

Amen to that - Rainbow you are not a hippo, you are a lean mean tigress baby!!!

waa.....but i wanna be a gazelle!!! elegant and graceful!! hahaha

brilliant!!! YOU are totally brilliant!! GREAT idea!!!:carrot::carrot:

:love: see, i told u i loved u!!! love your posts!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :p :dizzy:

cheeky monkey!! r u british??? dh calls me that all the time!!:p

IP43
01-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Not British, but we do have the Queen on all our money up here in Canada. Cheeky Monkey, for me, comes from another great Canadian -- Mike Meyers-- of Saturday Night fame. There's a great skit where he's in a bathtub with a young McCauley Culkin as a guest host and they're "tooting" in the tub, calling each other cheeky monkeys....
.... wow... there is a lot of really useless stuff up in my brain. That was from like the 80s...

runnergrl7
01-20-2013, 02:56 AM
had a great DATE NIGHT with dear hubby, olive garden and les miserables!!! it felt good to be in control!!! this is the first time i have been to the moveis since i started IP and NO popcorn!!

i made excellent choices at olive garden!!

they have a new dish, lemon herb grilled chicken, and i had NO pasta, and it came with spinach, tomatoes and broccoli, and they added bell peppers in the place of the pasta!! and i had NO breadsticks and salad with NO dressing.

IT WAS AN AWESOME NIGHT!!

it just feels amazing to go out normally, and stay on plan!!

AWESOME I TELL YOU!!! JUST AWESOME!!!!!:p

I had a similar night. Saw ZeroDark Thirty with my hubby and dinner at fish restaurant. Was very specific with the waiter who was very accommodating. Dry grilled Mahi Mahi with steamed broccoli. No wine - twinge of temptation but I stated strong. No popcorn for me either.
I really am amazed at how good I feel and how easy this seems. I was really nervous to go out as this is just day 5 for me. Tonight just boosted my confidence so much. I really can do this. I am doing this!
I love this forum it really helps me stay focused and motivated.

Dinie89
01-20-2013, 03:57 AM
Today was amazing --my boyfriend scored tickets to our NHL team game today - am so proud of my self first time really out in a large drinking setting like that especially since they did 50% off all food and drinks was nice to just say I'll have a bottle of water and feel proud -- at the game I purchased a shirt in a women xxl which fit me I almost cried considering 2 months ago I barley fit into a men's xxl such a great day(sports team shirts for girls seem to always be wonky fitting on me so this was a big celebration --for after the game we went out for a friends birthay which had pizza and cake and I real enjoyed my salad and zippers it felt great =)

WorldTraveleronIP
01-20-2013, 06:31 AM

So true and so well said! I learned my lesson by going off and just re-started in January. There will be a lifetime of parties and holidays after we reach our goals.

WorldTraveleronIP
01-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Agree with everyone's comments. I did strict IP for 5 months in 2011, I wanted to take a break for the holidays that year and I was within 10 lbs of goal, so I said I will maintain and then get right back on the first of the year, WELL, 2 years later I am back on with a big REGAIN to get rid of. Truly, just telling you this for your own good. I never cheated once for the 5 months I was on, but then like others have said, the SLIPPERY SLOPE became and AVALANCHE! Stay OP :)

That was my exact story! I am back and nothing will entice me to cheat now. I am reaching goal and working all the phases and changing my eating for life through every holiday, birthday and vacation this year!

WorldTraveleronIP
01-20-2013, 06:44 AM

Plain protein.com is $27.00/box plus free shipping. They mail me packages in 2 days for free!

disgal
01-20-2013, 07:38 AM

That was my exact story! I am back and nothing will entice me to cheat now. I am reaching goal and working all the phases and changing my eating for life through every holiday, birthday and vacation this year!

I'm with BOTH of you! :hug:

I reached goal in August of 2011.....even went thru all the phases (ahhh....I can still remember my first big breakfast in Phase 3 lol)!! Maintained for almost a year, got lazy.....one cheat day turned into a few (DARN those Frozen Mudslides in the Summertime :devil:)!! I can't believe I let myself gain some of the weight back :(....I told myself I WOULD NEVER BE HEAVY AGAIN! Oh how I LOVED wearing my "skinny" jeans! WHAT HAPPENED???? Guess it was LIFE!! Now here I am, 30 lbs to goal (or maybe more this time ...)! Ugh! :(

One thing I have learned is that I will always have to monitor my eating habits. This is a lifelong fight. I LOVED being able to eat ANYTHING one day a week, followed by Phase 1 for one day, then eating healthy for the rest of the week!!
IT WORKS.....I proved it to myself already! Can't wait to be "there" again for GOOD this time!!:carrot:

Everyone is so supportive here!! LOVE all the positive energy!! :carrot:

Best Wishes to all!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!:carrot:

kileymed13
01-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Congrats on all the NSV this weekend!!

I am having one of those "tough times". For whatever reason I am craving pizza, I keep telling myself I don't need it and really don't want it. I know I won't even feel good if I do eat it. It has been odd the past few days, whenever I eat lunch or dinner I feel like my stomach is empty and hollow and I can hear the food hitting it! I know...sounds odd. Then about 10-15 minutes later I have to rush to the bathroom. Never happened before, not having issues with the big C. I was telling my DH last night I feel like my body is revolting right now. Ugh...lots of water and tea for me. I will feel better when I make it through this but jeepers it is not fun!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Congrats on all the NSV this weekend!!

I am having one of those "tough times". For whatever reason I am craving pizza, I keep telling myself I don't need it and really don't want it. I know I won't even feel good if I do eat it. It has been odd the past few days, whenever I eat lunch or dinner I feel like my stomach is empty and hollow and I can hear the food hitting it! I know...sounds odd. Then about 10-15 minutes later I have to rush to the bathroom. Never happened before, not having issues with the big C. I was telling my DH last night I feel like my body is revolting right now. Ugh...lots of water and tea for me. I will feel better when I make it through this but jeepers it is not fun!

Hang in there! You can do this!

This is a test of your willpower...every time you flex that muscle it gets stronger. That is what will help you succeed in maintenance. :hug:

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 08:23 AM
LE SIGH!!!! Typed in quotes and replies THREE times and poof! Gone!!! Geez!!! Oh well, funnies of the day brought to us by Diane!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: seriously, the whole geese goose thing to Le sigh to the back fat thing to the IP cruise to the HOLTER MONITOR thing (HOLTER monitor not Halter!). Awesome!!! Purely "epic and awesome" to quote my boys!! :cool: Awesome laugh break at the end of a busy day!

BD party went great!!! 100% all day!! Tried on my bridesmaid dress for my sister as shes here this weekend, and its looking good!!! Size 14!!!! From size 26!!!! Now to get the spanx on! That will be a feat all it's own! I think DH could hold them at the foot of the bed and I'll jump off the bed into the spanx. Geez. I should be ready for a Saturday wedding if I start getting into my spanx Thursday night. Geez. And not breathe all weekend!! :hug:

LOL re: holter monitor! I couldn't stop envisioning the pic in the 'what are you wearing' thread! :lol: Great news on the BD, and on the dress! Sounds like a great day all around. (Good luck with the spanx!)

Today was amazing --my boyfriend scored tickets to our NHL team game today - am so proud of my self first time really out in a large drinking setting like that especially since they did 50% off all food and drinks was nice to just say I'll have a bottle of water and feel proud -- at the game I purchased a shirt in a women xxl which fit me I almost cried considering 2 months ago I barley fit into a men's xxl such a great day(sports team shirts for girls seem to always be wonky fitting on me so this was a big celebration --for after the game we went out for a friends birthay which had pizza and cake and I real enjoyed my salad and zippers it felt great =)

Congrats! That's the way you do it!! :cp:

Suzali
01-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Today's a big day. Taking youngest son back to college. Dealing with letting him go all over again. Didn't think I'd be so sad but am looking forward to the 5 hour drive time with him. Did a lot of planning yesterday to stay OP today since I will be driving for 10 hours. I'm a big time snacker when it comes to road trips so Ive packed some rutabaga fries, dill pickles, cappuccino muffins, boiled eggs, a package of dressing (for when we stop for lunch), a package of dill pickle zippers, lots of water, etc. all food that's OP.

It just hit me, I'm not only saying goodbye to my sweet boy I'm also saying goodbye to those unwanted pounds. The next time I see him in person I should look noticeably different in a good way! :)

PepperTown
01-20-2013, 09:05 AM
I ran out of Vitamins almost a week ago and will be getting more at my WI on Wednesday. Is this why I've had a slight headache for 4 days? :dizzy:

Hgamroth
01-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Happy Birthday Scorbett!

Warmly,
Chloe

I so agree with you Chloe!!!! Scorbett and Rainbow are the greatest, most supportive peeps on here! Happy late B-day Scorbett!

Chloe222
01-20-2013, 09:21 AM

You must look wonderful! Size 26 to 14! Congrats!

What color is the dress? Will you post a pic for us? There are spanx which go up the midriff so while not comfortable, they sure help in a couple of ways: they smooth and tighten the midriff and second, help one to stay OP because you'll be aware you're wearing this alll the time! However, you'll look mahvelous! ;)

I had a similar night. Saw ZeroDark Thirty with my hubby and dinner at fish restaurant. Was very specific with the waiter who was very accommodating. Dry grilled Mahi Mahi with steamed broccoli. No wine - twinge of temptation but I stated strong. No popcorn for me either.
I really am amazed at how good I feel and how easy this seems. I was really nervous to go out as this is just day 5 for me. Tonight just boosted my confidence so much. I really can do this. I am doing this!

That's a huge accomplishment and so important to your long term success! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

PepperTown
01-20-2013, 09:28 AM

What an accomplishment :) My counts are just like yours (as of this morning) so I know where you're coming from :)

Did you go see the Jets? My son and daughter-in-law live there and SHE's a big fan :)

Good for you for staying OP during the birthday celebration. We actually just got back from a week in Mexico. I wanted to stay OP with lots of salads, but I don't like the bottles dressing, so I brought my own! Some waiters looked at me funny when they saw me with my little plastic container of salad dressing, but I came back home only 2 pounds up and have since lost 3 pounds in 3 days....so very proud of myself.

Have a great day Winnipeg :) Minus 30 here tonight!!!

IP43
01-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Totally random thought but all the chat of "Spanx" reminded me of when the creator of Spanx got "fired" off Donald Trump's show. I always wondered if he was kicking himself for not having her as an employee. I'm sure she's glad though, that she's not working in Trump Towers, and took her energy to promote the Spanx line. Our jiggles are jangles in her bank account!

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Totally random thought but all the chat of "Spanx" reminded me of when the creator of Spanx got "fired" off Donald Trump's show. I always wondered if he was kicking himself for not having her as an employee. I'm sure she's glad though, that she's not working in Trump Towers, and took her energy to promote the Spanx line. Our jiggles are jangles in her bank account!

:rofl: jingle jangle!!! you seriously could he a hollywood writer for comedy movies!!!!!!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 09:56 AM

and doesn't it just FEEL GREAT when you make good choices!! i heard zero dark thirty was a great movie!!

I so agree with you Chloe!!!! Scorbett and Rainbow are the greatest, most supportive peeps on here! Happy late B-day Scorbett!

:hug::hug: its all a TEAM EFFORT!! we all help each other! :)

hahaha i was sitting here reading this, and then said out loud, i need some spanx....and dh perked up from the other room and said, WHAT, YOU NEED SPANKED!! sheeesh....men!! hahahaha

IdealProteinNewbie
01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Rainbow, being the expert chef you are, I have a question regarding soup.

I'm planning to make some veggie soup for lunch today. Turnips, celery and cabbage in low sodium chicken broth and I thought I'd throw my IP Rotini in there for good measure!

My question is, having never made this before, when do I put each ingredient in? I know I should chop all the veggies to be roughly the same size so they cook evenly, but should I put the turnips and celery in first, cook until almost done, then put the cabbage in last? Throw everything in together?

Help please! Thanks

ragdoll74
01-20-2013, 10:06 AM
hahaha i was sitting here reading this, and then said out loud, i need some spanx....and dh perked up from the other room and said, WHAT, YOU NEED SPANKED!! sheeesh....men!! hahahaha

:rofl:

IP43
01-20-2013, 10:08 AM

OMG I snorted my coffee! I bet hubby was thinking of getting you the 8 oz of oysters for supper tonight:coffee2:

IP43
01-20-2013, 10:14 AM

I'm planning to make some veggie soup for lunch today. Turnips, celery and cabbage in low sodium chicken broth and I thought I'd throw my IP Rotini in there for good measure!

My question is, having never made this before, when do I put each ingredient in? I know I should chop all the veggies to be roughly the same size so they cook evenly, but should I put the turnips and celery in first, cook until almost done, then put the cabbage in last? Throw everything in together?

Help please! Thanks

If it were ME (author of Fridgebottom Soup extraordinaire) you have to make a few decisions about how crispy you like your veggies. If you want them equally crispy, put the turnip in first as it takes a long time to cook, or maybe even nuke and rinse it a bit. The celery and cabbage won't take as long to cook.

I also wouldn't put the rotini in until you're about to eat your soup. That way you'll have a few just veggie servings, and when you want your bowl with noodles, they'll be there a plenty, vs. having 3 noodles a bowl :) I'd also cook the noodles in different water in case they make the water mucky.

To change things up, I'd take one serving of the veggies, puree them, and add that to one of the other mixes you have -- chicken a la king, broc cheese, tomato -- whichever you have. One pot o' broth with veggies will make you several different tasting meals.

Btw I have been adding just a splash of the juice out of my hot pepper pickle jar to my soups to give it a bit o' heat.

Mmmmm.... I think I wanna check that fridge to see what's at the bottom and get me some soup going too!

Chloe222
01-20-2013, 10:25 AM

The Spanx founder was on one of the financial shows in the past few weeks and they said she was the richest female entrepreneur of our time. She said she was just giving women what they really were asking for. While not a Bethany Frankel fan, she's also rich from simply giving women what they were asking for...so ladies, what is it you really want? One of you could be the next uber wealthy female entrepreneur and pay for that carb free cruise for all of us that IP 43 is dangling in front of us!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-20-2013, 10:26 AM
If it were ME (author of Fridgebottom Soup extraordinaire) you have to make a few decisions about how crispy you like your veggies. If you want them equally crispy, put the turnip in first as it takes a long time to cook, or maybe even nuke and rinse it a bit. The celery and cabbage won't take as long to cook.

I also wouldn't put the rotini in until you're about to eat your soup. That way you'll have a few just veggie servings, and when you want your bowl with noodles, they'll be there a plenty, vs. having 3 noodles a bowl :) I'd also cook the noodles in different water in case they make the water mucky.

To change things up, I'd take one serving of the veggies, puree them, and add that to one of the other mixes you have -- chicken a la king, broc cheese, tomato -- whichever you have. One pot o' broth with veggies will make you several different tasting meals.

Btw I have been adding just a splash of the juice out of my hot pepper pickle jar to my soups to give it a bit o' heat.

Mmmmm.... I think I wanna check that fridge to see what's at the bottom and get me some soup going too!

Thank you! I should clarify I am making only 1 serving of it in case it's terrible! :D

So, 1 cup of turnips, 1/2 cup of celery and 1/2 cup of cabbage. I also cook up an entire box of Rotini once a week and, painstakingly, separate 7 servings into baggies that I keep in the fridge all week. I usually have a cold "Pasta Salad" for lunch everyday so it's all ready for me to just dump in the bowl with my veggies.

So, I think I will simmer the turnips in the broth until almost done, then add the celery and cabbage. Hopefully it comes out ok. LOL

maezy1
01-20-2013, 10:26 AM
IP43 you crack me up!!! My hubby always knows when the bread is finished browning in the oven, the fire alarm goes off!

Scorbett HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

LizRr I sure hope that you feel better! Your dad may guess your great news! Mine would have. I miss my dad every day

Suzali I know how you feel. My son left for his second semester of sophomore year. I waved goodbye then closed the door and burst into tears. HE is such a joy.
HE is in D.C. right now attending the inauguration. He and his roommate went to an Ethiopian restaurant for dinner and the waitress asked them if they wanted wanted their dinner cooked or raw! They quickly found Fuddruckers! hahaha
Happy Sunday yall! It's so nice so we're goign to take the doggies to the dog park!

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 11:06 AM

Help please! Thanks

well, i would think that the turnips would take longer, so i would do those first, and then when fork tender but not fully cooked add the cabbage and celery....

i would cook the pasta separate and add last.

hope that helps :)

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 11:08 AM

yes, what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IdealProteinNewbie
01-20-2013, 11:43 AM
well, i would think that the turnips would take longer, so i would do those first, and then when fork tender but not fully cooked add the cabbage and celery....

i would cook the pasta separate and add last.

hope that helps :)

Thanks, that's what I figured but thought I would check with the Iron Chef first!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks, that's what I figured but thought I would check with the Iron Chef first!!!

hahaha NOT!!! but thanks for the vote of confidence!! :)

LizRR
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Back from Bodypump and on our way to have breakfast with my cousins family. Then groceries and get ready for my daddy! I hope everyone wraps up their weekend happy and healthy. Its a big cooking day for me...like to have my breakfast & purees prepped for the week!

I dreamed of halter tops and oysters!

LizJazz
01-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Quick question from a newbie-we can have 2 egg whites a day? Yes.
Can we use egg whites in a carton?
Also, I think someone posted here about eating every 4 hours. Am I supposed to be doing that?
And-my TOM is coming very soon, this is my first week of ip and my first TOm since having my baby and stopping breastfeeding....am I correct in thinking that this will cause me to retain water/not lose much this week?

IP43
01-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Thank you! I should clarify I am making only 1 serving of it in case it's terrible! :D

So, 1 cup of turnips, 1/2 cup of celery and 1/2 cup of cabbage. I also cook up an entire box of Rotini once a week and, painstakingly, separate 7 servings into baggies that I keep in the fridge all week. I usually have a cold "Pasta Salad" for lunch everyday so it's all ready for me to just dump in the bowl with my veggies.

So, I think I will simmer the turnips in the broth until almost done, then add the celery and cabbage. Hopefully it comes out ok. LOL

Oh it tastes good alright -- I'm eatin' it right now! I laughed that I had all of your ingredients in my fridge. I also added some mushrooms and a bit of broccoli, some spices, some hot pepper juice, and some salt.(read with french accent:) "Mmm.... how you English say zis? C'est magnifique!!" (kisses fingertips)

IP43
01-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Quick question from a newbie-we can have 2 egg whites a day? Yes.
Can we use egg whites in a carton?
Also, I think someone posted here about eating every 4 hours. Am I supposed to be doing that?
And-my TOM is coming very soon, this is my first week of ip and my first TOm since having my baby and stopping breastfeeding....am I correct in thinking that this will cause me to retain water/not lose much this week?

Egg whites in a carton is all I use. Who has time to separate eggs?

Eating every 4 hrs? It's good advice but each person is different so some people have special issues and HAVE to eat like that. It sure keeps the hungries at bay tho' if you eat regularly. Go by your body's feelings. If you need to eat and supper is a long way off, that free lettuce, hard boiled egg, or egg white omelette can hit the spot. I always have a juice jug of veggie soup in the fridge just for that reason.

TOM - again everyone is different. I had mine last week and that's when I lost 4 pounds. I was so excited to think what it would have been on a regular week. Just know it is what it is and don't worry about the numbers for a week or so.

girlpenny
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
So good reading all your posts. Have been on IP since January 2, 2013. It is a very restrictive plan for very serious people wanting to lose weight. That's how I look at it. I wanted to be sure I was serious before I committed. So glad I did. It works! Have lost about ten pounds probably over that at my weigh-in in a couple of days. I have not cheated on this plan. Your posts on going off plan encourage me to never consider it. Thanks!

Dinie89
01-20-2013, 12:42 PM
What an accomplishment :) My counts are just like yours (as of this morning) so I know where you're coming from :)

Did you go see the Jets? My son and daughter-in-law live there and SHE's a big fan :)

Good for you for staying OP during the birthday celebration. We actually just got back from a week in Mexico. I wanted to stay OP with lots of salads, but I don't like the bottles dressing, so I brought my own! Some waiters looked at me funny when they saw me with my little plastic container of salad dressing, but I came back home only 2 pounds up and have since lost 3 pounds in 3 days....so very proud of myself.

Have a great day Winnipeg :) Minus 30 here tonight!!!

Ya it was the jets game- such a blast - congrats on staying IP with your trip and losing what you gained back so fast - today is a nice typical -34 day here in Winnipeg - Mexico sounds really nice about now --

IdealProteinNewbie
01-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh it tastes good alright -- I'm eatin' it right now! I laughed that I had all of your ingredients in my fridge. I also added some mushrooms and a bit of broccoli, some spices, some hot pepper juice, and some salt.(read with french accent:) "Mmm.... how you English say zis? C'est magnifique!!" (kisses fingertips)

Yes, mine came out amazing too! I will definitely be making this on a regular basis!

Bellamack
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Hello all,
Productive day already. Washed linens, took the stove apart and cleaned the entire thing and if anyone has a big Viking you know how heavy the parts are and all the elbow grease to get the Stainless clean, now I don't want to use it and get it dirty,lol!

Went to Ithaca yesterday and I always have to stop in their Wegmans, not that I don't love my Wegmas, the one in Ithaca is bigger and has an amazing international section and produce I have never even heard of. I stocked up on some veggies and fresh herbs, I skipped the $140/lb mushrooms and just got my regular ones. lol.

Do you people really like Spanx, I really felt confined and gave them away, I guess I like my jiggle to be "free" to go where it wants to :)

Congrats Liz, so exciting :)

ragdoll74
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
So good reading all your posts. Have been on IP since January 2, 2013. It is a very restrictive plan for very serious people wanting to lose weight. That's how I look at it. I wanted to be sure I was serious before I committed. So glad I did. It works! Have lost about ten pounds probably over that at my weigh-in in a couple of days. I have not cheated on this plan. Your posts on going off plan encourage me to never consider it. Thanks!

:welcome2: You are doing great so far!

I wasn't sure I'd be able to stick to IP either. Amazingly I've been 100% since day one, and it is because of reading all the posts here about why not to cheat. My coach mentioned to me don't cheat when i first started but she didnt explain what the consequences to cheating are.
My only regret since starting IP, is that I didn't start it sooner. I had thought about it when I received the email blast my dr's office sent out, about 6-12 months before I started, but at that time I thought I could never stick to it.

lisa32989
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Do you people really like Spanx, I really felt confined and gave them away, I guess I like my jiggle to be "free" to go where it wants to :)
I want mine to be free to want to go away!!!!

My only regret since starting IP, is that I didn't start it sooner. I had thought about it when I received the email blast my dr's office sent out, about 6-12 months before I started, but at that time I thought I could never stick to it.
A friend of mine shared her IP success when she lost 55 in 2011. I knew about IP in Nov 2011 and didn't start til the first week of Aug 2012.
I try not to have regrets about that. I feel all things happen for a reason. I got myself in a "ready for battle" mentality where "don't quit" and "failure is not an option" are my mantras. I wasn't "there" in 11/2011. It takes what it takes and for me it took IP working in my head for 8 months before I committed.
And now my food selections have narrowed. Had they been this narrow from the beginning, I would have used it as a reason (excuse) to never start. I'm still a little pi$$y over my discovery this morning that I overlooked the soy in the dark chocolate pudding :mad:. I'll live but
:tantrum:

IdealProteinNewbie
01-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I got myself in a "ready for battle" mentality where "don't quit" and "failure is not an option" are my mantras. I wasn't "there" in 11/2011. It takes what it takes and for me it took IP working in my head for 8 months before I committed.

YES! It's easy once you're in a routine but getting there takes time. For some it clicks right away, for others it takes longer and for some it never happens.

You took your time and look at you now! You're doing it for the right reasons, your mindset is in the right place and look how far you've come.

Because you were truly ready this time, maintenance will be something you will achieve and stick with forever!

Awesome job Lisa!

ragdoll74
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
I want mine to be free to want to go away!!!!

A friend of mine shared her IP success when she lost 55 in 2011. I knew about IP in Nov 2011 and didn't start til the first week of Aug 2012.
I try not to have regrets about that. I feel all things happen for a reason. I got myself in a "ready for battle" mentality where "don't quit" and "failure is not an option" are my mantras. I wasn't "there" in 11/2011. It takes what it takes and for me it took IP working in my head for 8 months before I committed.
And now my food selections have narrowed. Had they been this narrow from the beginning, I would have used it as a reason (excuse) to never start. I'm still a little pi$$y over my discovery this morning that I overlooked the soy in the dark chocolate pudding :mad:. I'll live but
:tantrum:

I wouldn't be very happy either if I couldn't have my favorites. If anyone can do IP with such a small variety of packets, it's you. You are a strong woman Lisa!

Sammie12
01-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I made the rutabaga fries yesterday an they were great. I'm not a big fan of turnip but these were actually good. I'm gonna have to try the zucchini chips next. Hope everyone is having a 100 % OP day.

maezy1
01-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Hey girlpenny! Yes IP is a serious plan but as I've gone through it I have learned that I will never go back to my old eating habits and that these new habits I've developed need to stay with me for life or else I'll be right back where I started. A friend has also started the plan but she is already talking about just doing it for 2 weeks as a kick start. Boy is she going to be surprised when she comes off of it and gains all the weight back quickly.

WebRover
01-20-2013, 02:00 PM

I too started a year or so after I was first aware of it. I watched others have success with it. Perhaps though if I had started at that time and if I hadn't started following the discussions and advice here, I wouldn't have believed this was right for me and that I could be successful.

<pause>

My DH commented one day that he could never be on such a restrictive plan as I'm following. Until that point, I hadn't thought about Phase 1 as restrictive at all.

Someone asked me what food I missed most. I couldn't come up with anything. I hadn't thought about it.

The point here is that this is the first plan where I'm focused on what I can have instead of what I can't.

:)

PepperTown
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
I too started a year or so after I was first aware of it. I watched others have success with it. Perhaps though if I had started at that time and if I hadn't started following the discussions and advice here, I wouldn't have believed this was right for me and that I could be successful.

<pause>

My DH commented one day that he could never be on such a restrictive plan as I'm following. Until that point, I hadn't thought about Phase 1 as restrictive at all.

Someone asked me what food I missed most. I couldn't come up with anything. I hadn't thought about it.

The point here is that this is the first plan where I'm focused on what I can have instead of what I can't.

I agree WebRover. I don't find it restrictive either. I do miss some of my 'junk' food, but I think the reason it works for me is that I'm never hungry! I have my meals and I'm totally full. If I want desert, I have a gum.

What other way of eating allows you to eat till your full and loose more weight faster than any other 'diet'?

I love it :)

Trina M
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
That's for the information. I was a good eater before but put my weight on with children and eating out. I am hoping that with few carbs and phasing out before the holiday. A guy that works with me has been doing IP for several months and has gone on 2 holidays and phased out before. He did put on some weight but lost it all plus after being back for a week as well.

I find the weekends hardest because it leaves room to want those carbs. I'm trying to keep busy and drink water when this happens. I truly can't wait until phase 4 and the rest of my slim life!!!!

cnelson316
01-20-2013, 03:26 PM
HELP! I am SO hungry and its driving me nuts. I just realized a lot of nashua nutrition products have msg or else disguised as "natural flavors" UGH I am SO bummed and I know this is causing this ridiculous I could eat a cow feeling. Ive already had two extra proteins today. and one was not on plan. Anyone have any suggestions of what to do? I have been having blood sugar issues and got sick last week because of sucralose. I had been avoiding it and it wasnt til I started the sweet products that I started to feel awful and got sick the next day and it last for a week. And I messed up in that time so now I am trying hard to get on a roll but I need to go back to standard IP products and no more alternatives.

cnelson316
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Could brown mustard cause this hunger? It has sugar and vinegar listed but just 1 carb per serving.

lisa32989
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
HELP! I am SO hungry and its driving me nuts. I just realized a lot of nashua nutrition products have msg or else disguised as "natural flavors" UGH I am SO bummed and I know this is causing this ridiculous I could eat a cow feeling. Ive already had two extra proteins today. and one was not on plan. Anyone have any suggestions of what to do? I have been having blood sugar issues and got sick last week because of sucralose. I had been avoiding it and it wasnt til I started the sweet products that I started to feel awful and got sick the next day and it last for a week. And I messed up in that time so now I am trying hard to get on a roll but I need to go back to standard IP products and no more alternatives.
I had to do that. MSG gives me migraines and my migraines increased when I tried alternatives.
NOW, in addition, I'm trying to cut out soy for another health reason. Oh.my. Not too many IP products to choose from after cutting out soy.

FYI: the plain IP Omelet had autolyzed yeast, another name for MSG.
I wasn't scrutinizing the ingredients for those ingredients, just soy and wheat during my computer time today.

jeffiner
01-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Now I know why I gained so much weight...im only on day 8 and each day has been a challenge because of different activities..parties, derbies(pinewood), luncheons, winter activities, snow days, birthdyas...and thats only in the first week! Each of these had special now and agin foods but it was everyday! It hasnt been easy, especially today when I was the bake sale person...but I did it. And now I realize how all of these activities have added and added..to my weight struggle.. Knowledge is power ladies!

cnelson316
01-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Are you sure they are the same, autolyzed yeast and msg? I know they both have glutamates as do tomatoes cheese etc but I used the omelette for weeks and was fine, only started having problems with products that listed "natural flavors". I just read somewhere that we would consume about 10x more glutamates daily from other food sources than from autolyzed yeast.

mompattie
01-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Not British, but we do have the Queen on all our money up here in Canada. Cheeky Monkey, for me, comes from another great Canadian -- Mike Meyers-- of Saturday Night fame. There's a great skit where he's in a bathtub with a young McCauley Culkin as a guest host and they're "tooting" in the tub, calling each other cheeky monkeys....
.... wow... there is a lot of really useless stuff up in my brain. That was from like the 80s...

Love it!! I remember that sketch and used o say cheeky monkey all the time!! Same with crazy protractor head...give me your candy!!!

You must look wonderful! Size 26 to 14! Congrats!

What color is the dress? Will you post a pic for us? There are spanx which go up the midriff so while not comfortable, they sure help in a couple of ways: they smooth and tighten the midriff and second, help one to stay OP because you'll be aware you're wearing this alll the time! However, you'll look mahvelous! ;)

That's a huge accomplishment and so important to your long term success! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thanks!!! I will take pics at the wedding and share them!!

Hello all,
Productive day already. Washed linens, took the stove apart and cleaned the entire thing and if anyone has a big Viking you know how heavy the parts are and all the elbow grease to get the Stainless clean, now I don't want to use it and get it dirty,lol!

Went to Ithaca yesterday and I always have to stop in their Wegmans, not that I don't love my Wegmas, the one in Ithaca is bigger and has an amazing international section and produce I have never even heard of. I stocked up on some veggies and fresh herbs, I skipped the $140/lb mushrooms and just got my regular ones. lol.

Congrats Liz, so exciting :)

Spanx are barely tolerable. Definitely not for daily use, but smoothes out jiggles and jaggles in a fancy dress!

DJ72
01-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I love this site. Congrats to all of you who have lost so much and for the rest of us that have just begun our journey.
We are off to Jamaica at Easter and I want to be less than my weight was when I first met my husband four years ago. If I can continue to lose 2-3 lbs a week it will happen! I do, however, not plan to follow IP to the T when I am on holidays. I would regret missing out on the authentic food more than I will the weight gain. I have all summer to lost the rest. If I gain I gain...and then I just come home and pay the price....meaning wicked headaches for the first 4 days after coming off of carbs.
I am hearing a lot of gals say that their TOM is messed up on this plan...any input? Mine has been pretty messed up this past year anyhow....
Well...off to look at some recipies! Have a great day!

IP43
01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=lisa32989;4598693]A friend of mine shared her IP success when she lost 55 in 2011. I knew about IP in Nov 2011 and didn't start til the first week of Aug 2012.
[QUOTE]

I always wondered why your thing said Nov 11 -- I just assumed you'd been around forever as you are a fount of knowledge. To find out I actually started 2 months before you sort of humbles me a bit..... especially since I've had to 'restart'. Good for you for stayin' strong and true. Your mindset shows that taking that time to research and commit yourself was worth it

PamC
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey girlpenny! Yes IP is a serious plan but as I've gone through it I have learned that I will never go back to my old eating habits and that these new habits I've developed need to stay with me for life or else I'll be right back where I started. A friend has also started the plan but she is already talking about just doing it for 2 weeks as a kick start. Boy is she going to be surprised when she comes off of it and gains all the weight back quickly.

She might not though. That's what I did. I was on IP a little over 2 weeks, lost 10 pounds and switched to just counting calories. I have issues with soy and really wanted a kick start. I'm still eating fairly low carb though, but including everything I like, just counting the calories. One thing I took with me from IP that was big was including two cups of veggies at lunch and dinner and at least one salad a day. I was really nervous that I'd gain it right back once I introduced carbs like bread, which I've had twice in the past few days, just small amounts though. Instead, I feel better and am down another 1.5 pounds, so I think I'll be ok. I love IP for the 10 pound weight loss, that motivated me to stay with it and I'm dying to get back to real workouts again. If people go back to eating the way they used to, they'll gain it right back for sure. If they make better choices, they may keep it off and keep losing. That's what I'm counting on.

IP43
01-20-2013, 06:24 PM
...I was on IP a little over 2 weeks, lost 10 pounds and switched to just counting calories. ....I was really nervous that I'd gain it right back once I introduced carbs like bread, which I've had twice in the past few days, just small amounts though. Instead, I feel better and am down another 1.5 pounds, so I think I'll be ok. ...

The alternative plan for diabetics lets you have a slice of bread and berries I believe, so small variations shouldn't cause a big setback. As someone said, as long as it's more calories out than in, you should continue to lose. Many of us just need a "recipe" to follow and IP is easy for me. I may move to the Alternative plan as well near maintenance when I'll be wanting fruit, bread and cheese brought back into my diet

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Okay, so I gotta ask: Does *everyone's* food store sell rutabagas except for mine????? :?: :shrug: :tantrum:

(Just knew I was going to have to use Tantrum Man for something today. :lol:)

ragdoll74
01-20-2013, 07:53 PM

<pause>

The longer I'm on IP the harder it its for me to answer the what do you miss question.

IP43
01-20-2013, 08:16 PM
The longer I'm on IP the harder it its for me to answer the what do you miss question.

Maybe just answer with some "what I don't miss". Here are a few things people have commented on that caught my attention when they said it....
-- I don't miss my size ___X clothes
-- I don't miss not being able to cross my legs or wear chic boots
-- I don't miss paying for 2 seats on an airplane or not being able to wear a seatbelt comfortably....

I DO miss
-- my good health
-- being able to run up stairs without panting...

As we prioritize what's important, the "food" stuff becomes less and less so as "the big picture" starts to focus

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Maybe just answer with some "what I don't miss". Here are a few things people have commented on that caught my attention when they said it....
-- I don't miss paying for 2 seats on an airplane or not being able to wear a seatbelt comfortably....

I DO miss
-- my good health

As we prioritize what's important, the "food" stuff becomes less and less so as "the big picture" starts to focus

:cp:

Wild wire
01-20-2013, 08:26 PM
I had a dream about Twizzlers last night! Not sure why!

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

ragdoll74
01-20-2013, 08:27 PM
IP43....love that.

My cousin asked me the other day what the best part about my weight loss is. The first thing that came to mind was last week my 9yo DS hugged me and his arms wrapped completely around me. That hug felt so good!

Desafinado
01-20-2013, 08:45 PM
Week one weigh-in today: -6 pounds

rainbowsmiles
01-20-2013, 08:46 PM

:bravo: WELL DONE!!! :yay: :cp: :encore: :cheer3:

maezy1
01-20-2013, 08:52 PM

CONGRATS!!!! that is terrific! :lol::lol:

Nolawhodatchick
01-20-2013, 08:52 PM
IP43....love that.

My cousin asked me the other day what the best part about my weight loss is. The first thing that came to mind was last week my 9yo DS hugged me and his arms wrapped completely around me. That hug felt so good!

This is so sweet! This is what it's really about :)

Congrats! You are doing so well!

lisa32989
01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
That's great!

Nolawhodatchick
01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
The alternative plan for diabetics lets you have a slice of bread and berries I believe, so small variations shouldn't cause a big setback. As someone said, as long as it's more calories out than in, you should continue to lose. Many of us just need a "recipe" to follow and IP is easy for me. I may move to the Alternative plan as well near maintenance when I'll be wanting fruit, bread and cheese brought back into my diet

Even on the diabetic plan, there is structure to the consuming of carbs, though. The amount, type, and when they can be assumed are all pretty controlled. For example, you can't have a bit of bread with a bit of fruit at breakfast...grains and fruit can't be mixed. The alternative Phase 1 sheet is posted in the Phases thread, I believe (see the stickies).

LosingLawyer
01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Okay, so I gotta ask: Does *everyone's* food store sell rutabagas except for mine????? :?: :shrug: :tantrum:

Do you have a whole foods or another similar store near you? I find them in all the regular stores around here, but I'm in a big metropolitan area.

I DO miss
-- my good health

Love this. My favorite NSV has been fitting comfortably in airplane seats. In the last 3 or 4 months I've taken 8 flights and it's so nice to not have to worry about fitting into the seats.

IP43
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Even on the diabetic plan, there is structure to the consuming of carbs, though. The amount, type, and when they can be assumed are all pretty controlled. For example, you can't have a bit of bread with a bit of fruit at breakfast...grains and fruit can't be mixed. The alternative Phase 1 sheet is posted in the Phases thread, I believe (see the stickies).

Thanks for directing people where to get the info. I'm no expert on that plan but was just offering it as a suggestion for whoever felt they needed bread. On IP you can't have that obviously, but perhaps for that person the diabetic plan would be an option.

This is not a yo-yo diet. You can't do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off etc. People who are just starting this diet need to understand that it's a very chemical based diet and small "cheats" really DO make a difference. I have the image of the old "monty python" skit where he says "It's only a breath mint. It won't make a difference" and then , upon eating, he explodes. :dizzy:

ragdoll74
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Great weigh in!

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Do you have a whole foods or another similar store near you? I find them in all the regular stores around here, but I'm in a big metropolitan area.

Thanks for the ideas. We do have Whole Foods so I'll check them out. Otherwise perhaps Trader Joe's?

LosingLawyer
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the ideas. We do have Whole Foods so I'll check them out. Otherwise perhaps Trader Joe's?

Honestly, I can't say that I've ever seen them at Trader Joe's, but I'm not usually looking for them there either. They are often mislabeled as turnips (or other things, you would be surprised) so if you don't know what they look like, google rutabaga so that you know exactly what you are looking for! They are definitely worth the hunt! :D

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM

:bravo:

lisa32989
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM

I was just at Whole foods, which is across the street from my grocery store. WF had organic rutabaga. My grocery has non organic. I needed a few items from each. No one-stop shopping for me :p

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 09:19 PM
I was just at Whole foods, which is across the street from my grocery store. WF had organic rutabaga. My grocery has non organic. I needed a few items from each. No one-stop shopping for me :p

Excellent! Thanks!!

Nolawhodatchick
01-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks for directing people where to get the info. I'm no expert on that plan but was just offering it as a suggestion for whoever felt they needed bread. On IP you can't have that obviously, but perhaps for that person the diabetic plan would be an option.

This is not a yo-yo diet. You can't do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off etc. People who are just starting this diet need to understand that it's a very chemical based diet and small "cheats" really DO make a difference. I have the image of the old "monty python" skit where he says "It's only a breath mint. It won't make a difference" and then , upon eating, he explodes. :dizzy:

I have read that in addition to being the "diabetic plan", the alternative protocol is also used for people who feel they simply can't do without some of the carb foods that normal phase 1 doesn't allow, for people who are at high risk for cheating. The IP documents that I read said that although weight loss is only a bit slower on the alternative protocol, the chances of keeping the weight off permanently are drastically lowered by using the alternative protocol instead of the normal phase 1 protocol. I thought that was very interesting, and one of the reasons I stuck it out on the normal phase 1 protocol til this week even thought the alternative is probably a better match for me due to my blood sugar issues. IIRC, the difference in the long-term success at keeping the weight off isn't anything to do with willpower issues of the dieters on the alternative protocol, it's something to do with the pancreas reset. But its been a while since I read it, so if anyone really wants to know more, I suggest they google search the topic.

BTW, LOVE that Monty Python skit!

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Honestly, I can't say that I've ever seen them at Trader Joe's, but I'm not usually looking for them there either. They are often mislabeled as turnips (or other things, you would be surprised) so if you don't know what they look like, google rutabaga so that you know exactly what you are looking for! They are definitely worth the hunt! :D

Thanks. My DH was with me, and having grown up in Europe he's apparently had his lifetime fill of rutabagas so he knew what to look for. I would have been at a complete loss! :dizzy: We have to pick up a few things at the store tomorrow so I'll suggest a WF run!

IP43
01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=Nolawhodatchick;4599509]... it's something to do with the pancreas reset. [QUOTE]

... Yep, the pancreas reset ...and a whole bunch of other "stuff" that many a wise person on here understands better than I. All I know is until you start to understand it, you really do just need to follow the plan. It works for lots of reasons. I didn't understand all summer last year why I couldn't have Coke Zero as it's a 0/0/0 pop, until this week when someone was explaining this is an alkaline based diet, and diet colas are very acidic (same with the Balsamic Vinagrette I believe). Well, why didn't someone (aka my coach) just tell me that! Also the "gum" issue -- some people really do find having gum puts them in a stall. Someone on here posted a great info sheet on their blog on the different types of sweeteners, and many of them are just like having sugar as far as your body goes.

The more you're here, the more you'll learn. For those just starting, don't try to tweak too much at first until you understand why it all works like it does.
Just my humble opinion.

Suzali
01-20-2013, 09:43 PM

I found mine at Walmart.

Nolawhodatchick
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I found mine at Walmart.

Our walmart carries them, too. Our Winn Dixies, on the other hand, have regular turnips labeled as rutabagas, and yucca roots labeled as jicama!

Suzali
01-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Our walmart carries them, too. Our Winn Dixies, on the other hand, have regular turnips labeled as rutabagas, and yucca roots labeled as jicama!

Haha. I had to tell the cashier at Walmart what it was!

bubbleblower
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
I found mine at Walmart.

The Walmart is a bit of a hike from here, but good to know in case I run out of options! Thanks!

Katkat
01-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Super happy I made it through my besties bridal shower without touching one naughty item of food! I was a little worried with this being my first week and all. A few ppl asked me why I wasn't eating, just told them I ate before the shower!
Tomorrow is my very first weigh in after a week on IP. Keeping my fingers crossed!

LosingLawyer
01-20-2013, 10:21 PM

Now that would be an unpleasant surprise - thinking you have jicama and it's really yucca root!

LosingLawyer
01-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I have read that in addition to being the "diabetic plan", the alternative protocol is also used for people who feel they simply can't do without some of the carb foods that normal phase 1 doesn't allow, for people who are at high risk for cheating. The IP documents that I read said that although weight loss is only a bit slower on the alternative protocol, the chances of keeping the weight off permanently are drastically lowered by using the alternative protocol instead of the normal phase 1 protocol. I thought that was very interesting, and one of the reasons I stuck it out on the normal phase 1 protocol til this week even thought the alternative is probably a better match for me due to my blood sugar issues. IIRC, the difference in the long-term success at keeping the weight off isn't anything to do with willpower issues of the dieters on the alternative protocol, it's something to do with the pancreas reset. But its been a while since I read it, so if anyone really wants to know more, I suggest they google search the topic.

BTW, LOVE that Monty Python skit!

How long have you been doing the alternative protocol and is it working better for you?

Nolawhodatchick
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
How long have you been doing the alternative protocol and is it working better for you?

I just started the alternative protocol exactly 1 week ago so its still very new to evaluate how well it is working for me. It has helped my problem with low energy, as I've had significantly more energy this week on IP than the prior 15 weeks. The low energy was the reason I switched. This week's loss also was above my average for the prior 3 weeks, so at least for this week, it doesn't appear to have slowed my losses. But it really is too early to say conclusively that it won't slow my losses. I feel better, and so if it takes a bit longer til goal, that's ok with me. I'll keep yall updated as I know more about how it goes over a longer time frame. One of the reasons I was hesitant to switch was I couldn't find much here on loss rate on alternative protocol, or experiences folks had with switching protocols, etc...so I'll gladly contribute whatever info I can.

WorldTraveleronIP
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Super happy I made it through my besties bridal shower without touching one naughty item of food! I was a little worried with this being my first week and all. A few ppl asked me why I wasn't eating, just told them I ate before the shower!
Tomorrow is my very first weigh in after a week on IP. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Congratulations on getting through the shower! I remember the first time I was on IP, I made it through a wedding with rich foods (the bride kindly ordered a special meal and salad with no dressing for me). I sipped hot, black coffee while everyone had cake and champagne. I was so proud of myself after getting through that and it made Christmas and New Years easier to get through as well.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow-surely all your will power and hard work will reflect in numbers tomorrow! That makes this all worth it and reminds you why you chose this lifestyle in the first place :)