Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again #328...

MichelleK
05-05-2003, 07:28 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!

MichelleK
05-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Just so you all know I was lifted by your birthday wishes all day long!! You guys are the BEST!! And I'm glad not one of you are taking a leave of absence!!

Well today I was ready to quit my job! I'm so sick and tired of having my girls covering another store so that we all have to juggle our days off and meet for keys and all that crap!! I finally told my boss today...it was like talking to a brick wall...I told him I have a candidate for him for a manager for the other store and he goes well, you know, I need...blah blah blah!! Well if you aren't going hire someone then get your fat man *** over to the store and run it yourself! Thats what I wanted to tell him anyway! LOL

Anyways...today was WI (Not Wisconsin) day for me and I lost 5.4 lbs even though I was a little oinker on saturday!!! So I treated myself to a cheeseburger happy meal with a diet coke so my little guy can have the toy! What a mommy Huh?

Tomorrow morning I have a dentist appointment at 8:30....lucky me! Need to have full x-rays, cleaning and exam!

Well I better get going and save John from the little beast! Last night he stuck his finger up John's nose while he was sound asleep! They are in bed watching tv right now!

TTFN Michelle

BarbPA
05-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Good Evening Gals!
Wow - I haven't posted since yesterday morning and I missed so much. I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up, but I'll try.

Yesterday was a very busy day filled with housework, laundry, errands, etc. I basically didn't sit down to relax till 10pm and then I pretty much passed out.

I picked up the Pilates for Dummies video at Target and did it last night - yikes!! I've discovered ab muscles that I didn't know existed. :eek: Granted, I couldn't do all the positions, but I did everything I could! I really like it because I am immediately feeling it - that makes me feel like it is something that can work because the muscles are yelling at me. So, I came home tonight and did it again, followed by the treadmill!! It was a great food and exercise day today!

Lucky - How was the first day of the new job? I hope it went great!! :)

Thin - Happy to hear that Graduation went well!!! I know exactly what you mean about flying --- I always ask for an aisle seat so I am not crowding anyone else and I pray the seatbelt fits. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't --- That is one of my goals --- to never have to worry about that! I'll let you know in a couple weeks what progress I've made. Also - I think the quotes are a great idea.

Lori - Way to go -- a pound is a pound! It's the right direction! :D Looking forward to seeing the new pictures.

Tina - YIPPEE!!! 2.2 pounds! You go girl! :strong: opps - you got Lori and I mixed up - but I knew what you meant. :)

2cute - I hope your feeling a bit better this evening! You can do this! :goodvibes

Michelle - I'm sorry your b-day wasn't all you hoped for. Men can be such knuckleheads!! You drove down here??? You probably came down 95, right? You were within 2 miles of me!!! Wow!!! 5.4 pounds!!! Incredible job!! :cb:

Steph - 3 Pounds!!! Yahoo!!! There are a bunch of losers around here this week! :lol:

Kat - Glad to see you back here! I know I couldn't go long without the support around here! :high:

Sandy - Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!! So happy to hear it!!! I bet that weight falls right back off!!!! I'd actually love the jello shot recipe! We are having a girls night this Friday and it might come in handy! :dizzy:

Tracy - bummer that your post disappeared. I know what a pain that is! :rolleyes:

Deon - Good job getting back on track!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!! :hb:

Hello and hugs to anyone else I missed!!! I won't be around until tomorrow night because I am stuck going to a Computer class all day tomorrow to learn a graphics design software!

Have a wonderful night and day!! See you tomorrow!
Hugs,
Barb
:grouphug:

Grannie39074
05-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Hello all I am so tired. just wanted to drop in and say hi

peekabooangel
05-05-2003, 09:47 PM
To make jello shots.....

any flavor jello (the black cherry is great!!!)

add 1 cup hot water to the jello, then add in 3/4 cup ginger ale and 2/3 cup alcohol....(Rum seems to taste the best)

pour into plastic shot cups like medicine cups you can buy at a medical place.....chill and enjoy......you will love em!!!!

Each box makes approx. 20-23 shots but people love em and can do many shots.....

have fun!!!

LuckyLadyBug
05-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Jello Shots , Geez Sandy I thought only L O O S E women did those.:o

It's late and I just got back from my nieces 17th birthday party but had to let you in on my first day at the new job you all got for me.

First of all, I get there and there is someone sitting at the desk I was told would be mine. :mad:

I sat in the waiting area and remained calm - but wondering.:dz:

My boss came out and took me into his office and said, "Things have changed since I last talked to you". Oh, oh... :eek:

Turns out I get my own office WITH 4 windows. I spent most of the day ordering "anything" I wanted, calculator, computer stuff, chair etc. I will be starting in the position I was told before I would work part time at after six months.

Get this...my first email is from the secretary asking me what I prefer to drink. THEY buy & stock whatever you like. ( okay, you know that means pop, water, coffee etc; NOT Sandy's kind of drink)

This sure seems like a good job to me!!! :yes: We will see how day two goes.

katrinabgood
05-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Over here! You can stop praying for Lucky's new job now and turn all those good wishes towards a hunky male secretary for her!

Huh? ...Oh....Hi Lucky!! Glad your first day was a success!

I am right now literally chilled to the bone. Son had a baseball game tonight. It rained the entire time. I had a fleece jacket on. They're not water repellant in the least. The kiddie umbrella my friend was holding didn't quite do the trick for two women of, shall we say, "ample proportions." And now I have to work. :cry:

I just wanted to say to Michelle, sometimes you just have to hit 'em over the head with a sledge hammer to remind them of important events. I always ask, well ahead of time, what he has in store for my festive gala birthday celebration. No subtlety. It doesn't really work on them. Especially when you've been together so long. Hey, I'll take 5# off for my birthday ANYTIME!

Happy birthday to you too, Amanda! :hat:

I know it's hard to believe, but I'm running late, so I'd better get moving...I have a LOT a catching up to do with you girls tomorrow!

:wave:

loranden
05-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Lite Pistachio Fluff

1 package sugar free instant pistachio pudding

1 tub Cool Whip Lite or Cool Whip Fat Free

1 can crushed pineapple, packed in own juice

Combine all items in a large bowl and chill for a minimum of one hour. Makes a great low fat, low sugar dessert or snack when the "sweet crazies" strike!

I got some great cookbooks in the mail today with some terrific meal and dessert ideas. Gives me an excuse to cook, one could say! I even got a little book titled "Meals for One!":)

kidmeister
05-06-2003, 02:28 AM
I had a great day today, besides the fact that I laid on the couch and slept most of the day along with my daughter who has the same cold as I do. But I did really well food wise. I just need a few more good days like that to recover from this weekend.

It sounds like some of you are having some awful weather. I hope everyone is ok and out of harms way.

Not alot to report on right now, I just thought I would come in and make my appearance to get my e-mail.

Ok so I posted on 327 and had to move it over here. I must not have checked my mail or something and posted on the wrong one. oh well.

PheonixRising
05-06-2003, 05:40 AM
Thank You Ladies for all the Birthday wishes I wish I could say my hubby and I did something exciting, but we really didn't. He started it off great-but didn't follow through so well.:shrug: He started the day by getting up and instead of making me battle our four year old to get her dressed he dressed her. (Okay, it was the same clothes she wore yesterday, but it's the thought that counts, right???:lol: ) Then the plan was to go to a botanical park for a picnic-but it snowed. So instead we spent the day promoting his business and making business copies. :shrug:
To his credit, I'm sure he'll make it up to me another day when our budget is more favorable.
I really realize something-I want the scale to read less next birthday than it does this one. A lot less. I'm a little blue about another year of my life spent so large that I can't even do the things I want to.
:strong: I'm so ready to lose this weight-so tomorrow I start fresh... On that note it is the wee hours of the morning and I best get to bed.
Thanks again ladies.

:df:

peekabooangel
05-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Okay, I don't know if I am having major blue feelings or what, but when I opened up the thread and Lucky said only Loose woman drank jello shots, I thought I would cry. But, knowig Lucky, I decided not to take offense to it to much. I hope that was the way to take it (funny like?) I am anything but loose!!! We talked about that this weekend up there too, about how many men each of us had been with. My mom in law won because she had only been with 1 man and still is with him. 2nd place was a tie to about 4 people one of which was ME:) , and I had thought I was in love with the first man, I was 15 and the day I graduated high school I was 17 I moved directly in with him......but well things change and this woman then a girl was strong then and was not having a man tell her what to do. But then a while after that relationship ended I met my true love (soul mate), so things work out in the end. Both of our families live in the same town we do and well it works great. Wow, talk about getting off the subject of weight loss.

I like the fact that we talk about so many other things other than weight loss. Daily life effects it so much.

Tina: I forgot to tell you.........I had to call hubby Sat. night to get an update on the race:o shame on me....but I had to know.:lol:

Lucky: congrats on the job........wowzers your own office:) .

Hugs to all,
Sandy

PheonixRising
05-06-2003, 06:45 AM
I just finished reading all the posts I had missed and I just thought I would drop in to say thank you again and to tell you all that I was really cheered up reading everyone's posts. Everyone has something to say that I relate to. I'm so ready to lose this weight. I don't want to worry about rather a seatbelt is going to be big enough, or rather I'm too fat to turn the steering wheel in a car, etc. etc. etc. (I was really frustrated when I got the WATP for Abs tapes and they have an exercise band thing that won't fit around my waist. How can I lose it when even the exercise equipment doesn't fit me????) Anyway, tomorrow is a new day. Well, actually today at this rate. So I plan to be in here more often because those first few days are so hard to keep on track. See you soon.

MichelleK
05-06-2003, 07:10 AM
Barb...I am down that end of the state all the time! John's youngest brother and his wife live in Aston. I'll tell ya what! In two weeks on Sunday I'll probably be taking that drive to Delaware again to get the cigarettes! I love to save money and since John works it gives me something to do to pass the time...maybe we can hook up then... And then we can maybe plan a get together with Steph and Kat in August or you all could come to my son's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese on September 14th LOL!! Thats a Sunday too!

Kat I don't want to remind John of anything. He knew it was my birthday and its his choice whether he wants to get me something...but damn guys should know women expect SOMETHING, geesh..he should know...he had an ex that expected everything!! We have only been together 4 years now.

Sandy...don't be offended by Lucky's statement! I took it as a joke...you know LOOSE like JELLO!! Also....I didn't forget to tell you all (well ok) to come to the next thread...I was just testing you all to see if you were paying attention and as you can see....some of ya were and some of ya weren't! LOL

Actually what happened was right after I posted I saw that Tina posted too and I went to go move her over and couldn't because of the picture so I thought maybe she would notice and move herself over and then Andrew was into something...his father's ear this time! And I never got to come back to the computer. Sorry 'bout that but thanks for completing the job for me!

Well I have to run and get myself ready and wake the boy...he and John were up at 2:30 last night eating pretzels and juice in bed watching tv. I opened my eyes to all this crunch crunch crunch and the two of them are both propped up on their pillows looking at me! It was a site for sore eyes!

Gotta run. Love you guys! Michelle

thinthinker
05-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Hi everybody! :wave: I'm here real quick. Have not read anything since I was here last, so don't beat up on me.

I think I said that my best friend/sister lost her father last Thursday night. Well they put off his funeral until this week and today is the day. I will be with her all day, and then tomorrow we go up north for funeral and burial. So it's likely I won't be around here until Thursday.

Hold down the fort while I'm gone. Know that I love :love: you all. I'll see you when I get back.

I expect to pass throughlife but once. If, therefore there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again." - William Penn

2cute2Bfat
05-06-2003, 10:45 AM
{{{ SANDY }}} .... Please don't think Lucky meant anything by her comment. I know she was just teasing you.
Just like when I told Thin that I was CUTER than her. It was just in fun and not meant to be taken seriously.
We are so glad to have you back with us. It sounds like you had a wonderful fun-filled weekend.

My daughter came home last night for the week. She took her last final Monday at 4pm and we are going to enjoy the week together before she goes to work next week at her summer job.
She runs a summer research program for undergraduate students at the college.
I may not be posting a lot... but I will try to get here daily.

TUESDAY TIP ... put one foot in front of the other and walk your way to SUCCESS.

MichelleK
05-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Phew....I had an 8:30 appt. at the dentist and just got home and the dentist is right across the street from my neighborhood...yes! I was there for 2 1/2 hours and have to go back for my cleaning at 1:45! I had to have a filling AND a root canal and since they had the appt. open right after mine they did it right then and there! It really wasn't that bad though! I just inhaled two of the string cheese...its hard learning to chew on the opposite side..but I didn't have breakfast and I was starving!

Well it looks like not too many of us are out and posting today...

2Cute enjoy the week with your daughter but make sure you come and post each day...even just to say hi!

Thin sorry to hear about the funeral...we will miss you! Hurry back!

Amanda...keep at it...just don't give up...eventually those bands will fit! I was afraid I wouldn't fit in the dentist chair today...this is a new dentist for me so I wasn't sure!

Deon I envy you...I wish I could sleep all day just one day!! Today I had to wake my son at 7:30 since I had the appt. at 8:30. If I didn't I could have slept in for the first time in 2 1/2 years because he was out cold! I had a hard time waking him! He is usually up by 6 am every morning! HOpe you are feeling better!

Lori I made that fluff before and it is so good but I don't remember how many WW points it is do you know? It was very little for a good size serving!!

Ok I gotta a few errands to run before I go back to the dentist!

TTFN Michelle

robntracy
05-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Good afternoon! I posted at the end of thread in case you missed it. I would have brought it on over here but it has been so long it seems:^:

I am doing good today. It is raining here again (when isnt it) and that makes it pretty blah. I know we need the rain but sheesh.

I am gonna go out this afternoon and get some fresh strawberries from the strawberry farm down the road. I think I will make an angel food cake and have a piece topped with strawberries and lite cool whip. That can be my after dinner dessert :T

I am gonna try to at least do replies for this thread.

Michelle- I really really need to go to the dentist and get a good cleaning. If you remember, my son Zachary will be 3 September 18th and he would love to have a birthday party at Chucky Cheese. How much does it cost? I bet it is high.

2Cute- Have an enjoyable week with your daughter. She is a lucky girl to have a mom like you :)

Thin- I wanted to thank you for putting my picture up with your wall of friends. That was sweet! I will try my best to post often. I am sorry to hear about your friend's dad. Check in when you can.

Amanda- I worry about fitting in chairs and seatbelts and such also. It is an awful feeling. I want to be able to PLOP when I sit :D Now I ease myself down into one. I had a bad experience this past March also. I went to see Bon Jovi and I barely fit in the chairs and I mean BARELY. Everyone sat during the opening show and the whole time my hips and legs were hurting so bad. I felt so big and clumsy and goofy sitting there, like everyone was looking at me. I felt like crying. I was so glad when Bon Jovi came on and everyone stood the entire time.

Sandy- I hope that your weekend was a great one. When I read Lucky's post, I thought to myself that someone could definetly take that the wrong way but I have been reading Lucky's posts for quite some time and she seems to be a very sweet and good natured person. I am positive that she was only kidding around with you.

Oops too long....to be continued

robntracy
05-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Lori- Thanks so much for the lite dessert recipe!! It sounds really yummy!!!

Kat- My son plays baseball also and he has had so many games that have been rained out this season. I love watching him play but it has been so hectic this year and I just found out that he is being picked for the All Stars so that means that the baseball season will not be ending as soon as I had thought for me :stress: Actually I am quite proud that he was picked because he is gonna be my Pro baseball player I just know it, but it is still hard to fit everything in that I need to get done.

Lucky- It sounds like you finally found yourself a great job. I know that everyone was pulling for you. I hope that you continue to love it.

Mary- Hi! How are you doing today? Are you still working at the library?

Barb- Does Pilates burn alot of calories or is it mainly for toning? I have seen the videos and thought about trying them. I am pretty limber to be such a big gal :lol: I can almost do a split and not too many pounds ago I could do a back bend and could put my leg behind my head :yes: That is about the only thing I have tried out in the bending department. Oh and I still do cartwheels when the mood strikes. It aint pretty and surely not as graceful as 100 pounds ago but what the heck, after the pain goes away it is actually fun :lol:

Well I guess I better go before I run out of space again.

Love to all,
Tracy

loranden
05-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Good afternoon, everyone!

Phew...it is humid today for being only 70 degrees. The good side is that it also rained this morning, so my flower bed got watered naturally:) ...I have quite a few sprouts in there now and a few are getting bigger. Hopefully, I will be seeing some flowers shortly.

As for the points on the pistachio fluff, I think it is around 2 or 3 points, but don't quote me on that. All I know is I can have a huge PLOP of it and it comes to about 90 calories and hardly any fat at all...and a great cure for the sugar crazies!

QueenB
05-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Ok gals....I'm not usually the panicky type, but this weather has really got me all up in arms. There have been tornadoes all over the state of Tennessee.....they've been showing on the tv where downtown Jackson has been completely wiped out. We've had tornado watches, but so far that's all. :crossed: The only thing we have had is rain....TONS of it, with high winds and hail. As I sit here typing this now, hail is "plinking" off my window. They closed the schools today at 11:00am due to flooding, so Mom had to pick the boys up at school and take them home. I don't remember how long it's been, if ever...when it's been such a mess. Keep us in your prayers....

I also have another success to report. You know those days when you just want to eat the door off the hinges? :yes: I had one of those days yesterday and I want you to know, I did NOT succumb to it. :no: I was a good girl.....stayed within my points, drank my water and did the 2 mile WATP. I am increasing in strength. I hope that means I will be decreasing in size. :smug:

Michelle: First of all....let me say, YUCK! I absolutely hate going to the dentist. You are much better than me girl....luckily I don't have to go that often. (knock on wood) :crossed: Sorry you had trouble trying to move my post over....you can bring it over without the pic of me and Tony.....I'll forgive you. But just once. :lol:

2cute:Glad you're getting to enjoy some time with your daughter....it sounds like you've been really busy. Don't forget us. :)

Thin: We love you too and we will hold down the fort till you get back. Once again, I am sorry to hear about your friend's father, and my thoughts are with you as well because I know that you were very close her family. {{hugs}}

Amanda: First off....you come here as often as you need to. Someone will always be here for you. You are at the hardest part of your journey right now.....the beginning. At least that's the way I look at it. Changing your eating habits, after they've been one way for a very long time, to me, is the hardest part. Yes, it's hard to keep going sometimes, but I feel like after you've starting....after awhile, it just becomes second nature, and the better you feel and the more you are able to stop worrying about things.....like if you go into a restaurant and they want to sit you in a booth...will the table scoot? Or when you go to the movies, are the seats going to be comfortable or are you going to be squeezed to death? You know, things like that. After awhile, even though you will still be aprehensive at times....you'll get to stop worrying about these things all together. And that my friend.....they can NOT put a price on. :smug:

Sandy: First thing I have to tell you girl is... snap out of it! :lol: Just kidding. You must be having a bad day. I can promise you girl.... Lucky would never say anything remotely rude or hateful to us. It's just not in her nature.....of course, she could have me fooled. :chin: Just kidding...yet again. She was just kidding around with you....like she always does. I think emotions have been running a little high around here lately, but I just wanted to clear that with you, ok? You absolutely crack me up about calling your dh to see who won the race...:lol: I love it!

Deon: Glad to see you popping in. I'm sorry that you're sick and hope you feel better soon. {{sending you tissues, oj and some chicken noodle soup}}

Lori: Thank you so much for that recipe. I have seen it posted several times and heard it was good and I had lost it when I copied it down. I think I will make some tonight!

Kat: You crack me up. :lol: The kiddie umbrella my friend was holding didn't quite do the trick for two women of, shall we say, "ample proportions." Been there...done that. :rolleyes: You should have seen me, dh and Trey trying to squeeze under one the other day.....it was definitely a sight to behold. :eek:

Lucky: Oh my! Should we call you MRS. Lucky now....sounds like you are totally "official" now girl. Wow! I am so proud of you and you totally deserve it! Your own office.. how cool is that? I will definitely keep my fingers crosed for that hansome, hunky assistant! :s:

Barb: So sorry that I got you and Lori mixed up. I guess I had you on my mind while I was typing her reply....:lol: Wow...sounds like you've been kicking butt with all that exercising! I think I may get me one of those tapes too. Thanks for telling us about it. I'm always up for something new!

Tracy: First of all, let me say how sorry I am that you lost your post. I really hate it because I would have loved to have read it. Like I said the other day, I hope you continue reading and know that we are always here when you decide you want to join in. I live in Cleveland, Tn. which is a little more in the valley. I am so happy to have a little friend here in the south with me! I am afraid to go back to the other thread to look at your location, because I think the computer might throw me off, but I believe it said "Spartanburg" SC. We are going to the race in a couple of weeks in Charlotte, NC and I believe we will be really close to you and I would LOVE to get together. Let me know, ok?

Mary: I know you're busy sweetie, but I don't have to tell you where we always are. Pop in when you can to let us know how you are. Are you getting all this crappy rain too?

Ok ladies....I'm getting out of here for now. I have been sitting here forever seems like and I'm sure my co-worker might want me to do a little work. :lol:

Love you guys!

2cute2Bfat
05-06-2003, 02:16 PM
HI guys !!!!
My daughter and I are spending today cleaning up my CLUTTER I seem to collect. She is such a GREAT HELP!!!! I use her as my legs and my inspiration. She does sooooo much to help me. Tomorrow I am going to reward her for her helping me today.
We are going to the movies, shopping, and out to lunch. :)

Tonight we are cooking on the grill. We are experimenting with more veggies I have never eaten too.

Michelle... I was shocked when you said you were afraid you would not fit into the chair. All this time I have invisioned you as weighing about 220lbs. I NEVER thought you weighed 300. Isn't it funny how we get some idea set in our heads. Weird. 220 is my goal weight. LOL

Lori... I can't wait to try your pistachio fluff. It has been posted here before.. but I never made it.

Tracy.... Mmmm ... strawberries !!!! I love my strawberries.

Lucky... I am so happy for you and your new job. :cp: It sounds awesome.

Okay... I know I owe more replys but my daughter is hard at work. She let me have a break because I get soooo overwhelmed with it all. LOL She is soooooo SWEET !!!!!
Love you all. :wave:

Tina... you snuck in while I was posting. Hi !!!!!

QueenB
05-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Tracy posted while I was posting! :cb: We are addicting, aren't we? :lol: SO good to have you with us! :grouphug:

peekabooangel
05-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Hey girlies,
I'm not upset at all, I know Lucky was joking. I can take a good joke. I know she would not do a thing to hurt any of us. She is one lady we can count on.

My day is going well....staying in my range only had 6 pts so far today...but getting ready to have my 4 pt popcorn snack.

Hugs to you

MichelleK
05-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Hey 2Cute...thanks...but I weighed 220 AFTER I lost the 97 lbs! My highest weight was 317 when I joined in '99 and was successful at this journey...I think I am on my way now too with all the inspriation here!

Lucky...sounds like you have a great job now! If you all could just get me one now too I would be loving you forever and ever and ever and ever!! I want a monday through friday job again like 8-430 or 9-5!! John keeps telling me to quit this job now!! I wish I could! But first I have to finish this dental thing and then get my new glasses and make a dr. appointment for my allergy meds and then they can have their health insurance back again! LOL

Lori I forgot where in PA you are from? I am going to make that fluff again...I use to love it and forgot all about it!

Tracy the company I work for has their headquarters in Spartanburg. Its Advance America. Whenever someone from that office calls us I love their southern accents! I use to live in Rock Hill for a short while back in the 70's. Also, I don't remember the exact cost at Chuck E Cheeses but they have a couple different price plans. Its per person. I think the one I would go with is $12.95 per person and I was hoping only 10 kids would show up! But when I comes to my baby no amount of money is too much! My little angel! LOL It could be cheaper where you are...things down south seem to be less. You can check it out at the web site. www.chuckecheeses.com you can register there too and they email you special coupons periodically!

Sandy where you been today? And you too Lucky!! Oh I know...Lucky is drinking on the job today...I wonder what she chose as her beverage of choice?? Hmmmmm....oh Lucky....do tell!

Tina you had me peeing my pants....eating the door off the hinges! LMAO....I have surely had those days too! Hey prayers are with you. Keep us posted and let us know you are still ok!! When I lived in S. Carolina we had a tornado hit one street over and out the other side of the neighborhood...Just missed our street. It was quite a mess afterwards!!

Oh and Tina....NO WAY JOSE would I ever move your post without the picture...nuh uh...not me....never ever!!

Alrighty....I guess I better get some laundry and housework done before my other half gets home...he won't believe I spent the WHOLE darn day at the dentist office! Well I did go buy my son a pair of shoes today and then went to the grocery store!! So I was a little productive.

TTFN Michelle

MichelleK
05-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Ummmm......popcorn! Sandy you snuck in on me AND you made me crave popcorn. I have the individual bags so I think I will go get one now while I am alone and won't have to share it with my little guy! I am sooo selfish huh???

bobsgal
05-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Goodie. There were a lot of posts for me to read today. I went to Curves again today. I'm really glad I joined. Just the simple fact that I'm paying to go keeps me honest. I want to get my money's worth. I'd be more inclined to come up with excuses not to exercise if it was something I was doing at home. However, I do love the workout I get there and it's nice to meet new people and have some time just for me. I don't have to worry about being interrupted by the kids. It also makes me more determined to eat healthy and drink my water. I want the full effect out of my hard work. Treating my body well feels so good. I can already feel some muscle in my arms. I hope the strength training will help with the loose skin issue as I start to lose more weight. Now on to my replies.
Tina- you are in my prayers girl. How scary that must be. Glad to hear you stayed within your points and exercised. Your hard work will pay off.
2Cute- glad you have your daughter to help you out. Tomorrow sounds like a fun day for you.
Lori- what part of PA are you in? I live in NJ and it is rainy and chilly here. Hope your flowers start to grow.
Tracy- I love strawberries. That dessert sounds yummy.
Michelle- boy, your day doesn't sound like to much fun. A summer get-together sounds like fun.
Amanda- pop in as often as you like. We like having stuff to read. It's nice to have people who can relate to what you are going through.
Thin- Sorry to hear about your friend's father. Glad that you will be able to be there for her in this time of need. We'll be here when you get back.
Sandy- sounds like you had a really great time. I love jello shots.
Deon- sorry you aren't feeling well.
Mary- hi! hope you got some rest.
Well I think that's everyone who posted. I know Duckie's been Mia, so if you're reading, stop in and say hi and let us know how you're doing. Hope everyone has a great day.
Steph

jiffypop
05-06-2003, 03:35 PM
so glad to hear you're ok, tina. i've been worried about all those vols and others on this board who are in the path. can't imagine how bad it is there.

i'm taking a break from this job that i like but it's with people i can't stand. it's an abusive, arrogant bunch. they LOVE me, though, but it's not reciprocated!

will try to write more later, but no promises. oh. wait. a decent eating day for me, with lots of protein and vegs, and only 1 serving of pretzels!!!!!!

and now, it's SF butterscotch candies for my after-lunch treat [and please don't ask why lunch is at 3 pm!!!!]

PheonixRising
05-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Just stopping in to say a quick hello. My hubby should be home with stuff for lunch soon, but he seems to have gotten lost. I'm not nearly so depressed as yesterday. I realize I've got to pull my head out of my a$$ and start getting going. I have decided that I'm going to start walking at the wildlife refuge. Won't be all that many people around and it's more interesting than walking in town. I need to make a big shopping trip, which is 60 miles away, until then I'll just have to make do with what I've got on hand.
I have something that I don't know if it falls under tips or recipes, but one of my favorites when I'm craving a snack/meal is to take frozen stir-fry vegis, microwave them, drain off any water, and put 1T of Safeway Select Spicy Ginger Grilling sauce (this sauce is so yummy girls you have got to try it!!!) on them. If I make it for a light lunch I add a little more sauce and some frozen pre-cooked shrimp. It's great for those days you want to "eat the doors off the hinges."Those Safeway sauces are awesome. Another yummy combo is the Honey Garlic sauce with salmon. Makes my mouth water just thinking of it.
Well, considering what I have available in my pantry today I'm not doing to bad, but I do wish my hubby would get back. I'll see all of you later.

peekabooangel
05-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Tina:
My prayers are with you!!!! Please keep safe and keep posting so we know you are safe.

robntracy
05-06-2003, 04:13 PM
I feel wonderful!! I just did some of the TaeBo Basics video!! I feel pumped :jig: My hubby called when I was right in the middle of it and I could hardly talk but boy was I proud!! I think I will start making it a daily habit.

Tina- Oh it would be soooo fun to meet up on your way to Charlotte. Will you be coming down I-85?? If you will then you will pass right by me. I used to live in Charlotte actually and I have been to Concord many times which is actually where the race will be. Let me know!! Now I am all excited :dizzy:

Michelle- I used to work in the same building with Advance America when I worked for the Blockbuster Video Corporate Office. It is a small world huh?? I will have to check out Chuckie Cheeses for Zach, he loves it there. I have been to Rock Hill many times. When I lived in Charlotte and worked for Budget Car Rental, we would have to deliver rental cars there alot. Ever been to Carowinds? That is one of my goals, to lose enough weight to go to Carowinds and ride all the rides without having to worry about fitting.

Steph- I am thinking of joining Curves soon. It sounds like you are liking it!

Jiffy- good job on the eating today!!!

Well I am off again for awhile!

Hugs,
Tracy

robntracy
05-06-2003, 04:24 PM
When you told me to post more you did not know what you were in for did you?? I am a gabber when I wanna be.

Anyway the reason I am back so soon is because I was wanting to share a pretty healthy addiction that I have. Has anyone ever tried the garlic herb frozen chicken breasts from Walmart. They are huge breasts and they come in a bag. There are about 6 in a bag and they are $7.97. They are delicious and thought some of you might like them. Since I eat chicken most of the time, they are great for me to have a different taste. Try them gals!!

Just in case some of you have not tried the I Cant Believe It's Not Butter Spray it is a must!! It has no fat and little to no calories!! I use it for everything!! It is great as a topping or to use to cook with.

Ok be back later....

Tracy

peekabooangel
05-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Tracy: I love to gab too :) . The chicken sounds great. Also try the Blue Bonnet spray, its great too....and same as the ICBINB has little calories and is fat free.....thats my Tuesday tip and love it on popcorn and sprinkle the popcorn with season salt.

BarbPA
05-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Hey Gals!!!
Yikes, I have a lot to catch up on from today. I'm not going to do it right now because I want to exercise before I get into my comfy clothes and veg out in front of the computer and tv. I'll be back later tonight to catch up with everyone.

Good news...I finally got the results from last week's blood test. The doc was pleased with all the results. My thyroid was slightly, very slightly elevated so she wants to check again in 6 months. She assured me that there is nothing to worry about. I was so pleased to hear that! :)

Catch ya in a few hours! Off to the basement for the treadmill and pilates tape.

:p Barb

peekabooangel
05-06-2003, 06:06 PM
DO NOT POST HERE, COME SEE WHAT SANDY DID!!!! SHE STARTED A NEW THREAD:)
COME TO THREAD #329