Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #1  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default I'm back! Remember me?

Hello Everybody!

It has been a very long time that I have not been on this site!

Here is a summary of my story: after I reached an all time high weight of 250, I started my weight loss journey in June 2011, by December 2011, I lost a total of 50 pounds, felt amazing and decided that I wanted to take a break for the holidays to enjoy my time with my friends and family which proved to be my biggest mistake, worst decision ever since it was so hard for me to get started again.

In 2012, my husband and I decided that it was time to seek professional help in order to get pregnant since we were trying for a while with nothing happening, we started going to a fertility center, I was at 211 pounds by this time, which isn't that bad, I was still feeling good about myself and very confident that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again...

What happened was that I had to have a septum removal surgery which is a minor surgery in order to have better chances to be pregnant and have a baby, at that time, with all the stress and worries I went though, I reached 216! Still not looking overly huge, still believing that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again and again.

After all the gazillions tests we went through we decided to try with IUI (intra uterine insemination), I had to take medications, hormones and all the things that make my follicles mature, and after this procedure I started ballooning! I told the doctor and he told me unfortunately it is a normal side effect of the medication! All this, after all the injections I had to go through, after taking all the steps to help me get pregnant such as taking special supplements and doing acupuncture, it was a failed IUI, I did not get pregnant . The second step was to start IVF, it was all I wished not to arrive to and here I was! But since I had no other choice, I decided to do it, this time the dose of medications I took for IUI was more than double, so you can imagine how much weight I gained! Or maybe you can't! I was so hoping to get pregnant and I was at around 225 by this time, after all the injections, we only got two mature eggs and only one fertilized, I was dreaming that this would be it! But... no... the embryo did not attach and here I was not pregnant! So... I kept on putting weight on! It was crazy how quickly I was gaining!

And here I am now, I am at 255 pounds, I cannot stand myself, I have never been this heavy and I hate it!

So... from my old "buddies" in here, whomever remembers me from the old days, please come in here to give me your support, I would be so glad to hear from you. And from all the new members, I will be glad to get to know you.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 01-18-2013 at 10:19 AM.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Hi Sandra..Im new here so we don't know each other yet but it seems like you have been through a lot in a few short years. Im glad your back and ready to reclaim your health! I know how hard it is to have restart..but better now than in 6 months or a year...plus some people are saying that IP makes you more fertile, I dont know if thats true but heck...who knows!
jeffiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #3  
Restarting IP 100%

Hi Jeffner,

Glad to "meet" and thank you for the support

And yes, indeed, IP helps with fertility.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #4  

Good luck to you!
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello Everybody!

It has been a very long time that I have not been on this site!

Here is a summary of my story: after I reached an all time high weight of 250, I started my weight loss journey in June 2011, by December 2011, I lost a total of 50 pounds, felt amazing and decided that I wanted to take a break for the holidays to enjoy my time with my friends and family which proved to be my biggest mistake, worst decision ever since it was so hard for me to get started again.

In 2012, my husband and I decided that it was time to seek professional help in order to get pregnant since we were trying for a while with nothing happening, we started going to a fertility center, I was at 211 pounds by this time, which isn't that bad, I was still feeling good about myself and very confident that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again...

What happened was that I had to have a septum removal surgery which is a minor surgery in order to have better chances to be pregnant and have a baby, at that time, with all the stress and worries I went though, I reached 216! Still not looking overly huge, still believing that I will lose the weight in no time! Wrong again and again.

After all the gazillions tests we went through we decided to try with IUI (intra uterine insemination), I had to take medications, hormones and all the things that make my follicles mature, and after this procedure I started ballooning! I told the doctor and he told me unfortunately it is a normal side effect of the medication! All this, after all the injections I had to go through, after taking all the steps to help me get pregnant such as taking special supplements and doing acupuncture, it was a failed IUI, I did not get pregnant . The second step was to start IVF, it was all I wished not to arrive to and here I was! But since I had no other choice, I decided to do it, this time the dose of medications I took for IUI was more than double, so you can imagine how much weight I gained! Or maybe you can't! I was so hoping to get pregnant and I was at around 225 by this time, after all the injections, we only got two mature eggs and only one fertilized, I was dreaming that this would be it! But... no... the embryo did not attach and here I was not pregnant! So... I kept on putting weight on! It was crazy how quickly I was gaining!

And here I am now, I am at 255 pounds, I cannot stand myself, I have never been this heavy and I hate it!

So... from my old "buddies" in here, whomever remembers me from the old days, please come in here to give me your support, I would be so glad to hear from you. And from all the new members, I will be glad to get to know you.

Thank you everyone.
Hi Sandra,
Yes I do remember you! Welcome back... I gained the weight I lost, but am back at it!

I know all to well the fertility thing, did it for 9 years, when I first started the fertility drugs and shots, I gained 19 lbs in one month, well I went through 2 surgeries for endometreosis too, so long ago now. But I think from doing it for so long my metabolism has never been the same. lol.

Good Luck and welcome back, you know that IP make ya fertile. lol
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

Hey Bellamack

I sure remember you I am happy we can do or redo this together!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorejellybeans View Post
Good luck to you!
Thank you to you too
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #8  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Hey Sandra....I remember you. This is a journey for sure. I thought that being in maintenance would be easy after spending my adult life in the 230-240 range and a size 18.

But I have battled every day of 21 months in maintenance. I am learning this is forever...I will never get to "relax" when it comes to my diet

Forgive yourself and move on. Jump back on and you will kick butt
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #9  
Restarting IP 100%

Hey Darbs,

I remember you too Glad to be back and glad to hear from you
Old 01-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #10  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sandra,

I remember you! I don't post much but have never left this site. Restarting is hard, but you can do it. Good luck to you.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #11  

Welcome back, you are going to do great again. It's my first week here and i'm glad to have another person start, or restart their journey with.
ChicagoPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi! Welcome back! I still pop on here every now and again, but life keeps me busy sometimes

Good luck on your journey! I can absolutely 2nd what Darbs said, every single day of maintenance is work. I have been maintaining for 13.5 months and there wasn't one day that it was easy. But I do P1 when necessary and I keep my weight right around 135.

Welcome back and cheers to you for taking control and getting your body back!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #13  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

((hugs))

I spent five years doing fertility treatments (IVF w/ICSI) and had four miscarriages, the last at 16 weeks in March 2012, so I understand. The drugs, the stress etc. all contribute to weight issues IMO.

But, hey, we are both here now and pushing forward to being healthier and happier.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #14  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi! Welcome back! I still pop on here every now and again, but life keeps me busy sometimes

Good luck on your journey! I can absolutely 2nd what Darbs said, every single day of maintenance is work. I have been maintaining for 13.5 months and there wasn't one day that it was easy. But I do P1 when necessary and I keep my weight right around 135.

Welcome back and cheers to you for taking control and getting your body back!
Hey Jenny!

I remember you so well! You are a huge inspiration to me! Kudo to continuing on maintenance!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #15  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
((hugs))

I spent five years doing fertility treatments (IVF w/ICSI) and had four miscarriages, the last at 16 weeks in March 2012, so I understand. The drugs, the stress etc. all contribute to weight issues IMO.

But, hey, we are both here now and pushing forward to being healthier and happier.
Yeah! Infertility sucks! I might give up my dream on being a mom... Don't know how I will survive that, but... what can I do!